Speaker 1: Hey, folks, it's Lyle. Before we get into the episode, I wanted to talk to you guys about a new thing I'm doing where you can help support my lizard endeavors by becoming a premium member of this podcast over at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Premium members, or gek Legends, as I call them, we'll be able to get every new and existing episode of Therapy Gecko completely ad free. They'll also get a bonus podcast episode once a month, a bonus live show episode once a month from all of the live shows I've been doing around the world, a member's only live stream once a month. Plus you'll also support my ability to continue, hopefully doing this podcast for a long time, doing it around the world, and also supporting my ability to occasionally go eat a slice of pizza. Go to Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com or find the link in the episode description to become a gek legend today. All right, let's get into the episode.
Speaker 2: Hello, Hey, hey, how's going It's going good?
Speaker 1: How are you doing pretty well? All right? Isaiah, twenty two years old in Utah is on experimental male birth control. How is that going?
Speaker 2: That's right? So it's pretty good, especially compared to like female birth control. And it's experimental, so I do get paid like one hundred dollars a visit, so that's kind of tight, and it works. I've been doing it since probably August or September of last year. It didn't like start working working until probably January or February of this year. But the way that it works is that every morning I just put this alcohol based gel on my shoulders and that's supposed to decrease my sperm count to under a million. I guess is a threshold while also giving me like testosterone to like resupplement it. But but it do be making me a little hormonal. Can't even lie. But it's far less invasive than an IUD or anything like that, so yeah, I can't really complain. It's it's kind of tight.
Speaker 1: How does the gel get from your shoulder to your balls?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's a pretty good question. I also wonder about, like, you know, like placement of it, because it kind of goes on my shoulders and my chest. But I yeah, I guess it's just a good spot to lower that testosterone or something. I don't know. They don't really tell me much about how it works. They're just like, here's what your blood looks like. You know, blood levels, and you know your sperm counts going down. So once a month I bring in a sample as well as they take my blood and like vitals and just make sure that I'm stable.
Speaker 1: Now, do you do you know if this has any long term effects?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think that, like fingers crossed, that it doesn't. I've actually talked to them because I've noted kind of the main thing that they said going into it was that the one negative side effect that they've noticed is that it does make the patients that are on it much more prone to like irritability or frustration. And I was like, That's not really gonna happen to me, because I'm a chill dude. I'm not like that, I'm super chill. But I kind of noticed recently, very retrospectively, that it has definitely had that effect. I'm like a dog person in general, but this whole year, anytime a dog hops up on me, I like freak out, like yell at the dog, and so I just get frustrated by little things that I don't normally get frustrated by. But I've actually talked to the doctor about that, and they've said that sort of the first thing to come back to normal will be my hormones when I do stop taking it, and then eventually the very last thing that's going to turn back on is my sperm's ability to create sperm. So it's kind of tight too, because if I don't take it for like a day, it's not like I am all of a sudden going to be producing sperm again. It takes like a week to reset. So it is kind of a good option once it does hit the markets for someone who's not looking to have kids for you know, like in their twenties or something, they can just put that on every day and keep it moving.
Speaker 1: How much are they paying you for this?
Speaker 2: I think that collectively it's going to be like maybe Shy have like three thousand dollars, it's like one hundred dollars a visit. And actually, during a big section of the part before I went onto, before I started the efficacy process right because before it works, before your sperm counts below that, you got to wear a condom, use other forms of birth control. But before that there was this they would have you use this at home. But me kit like tester where you would actually almost like test your own semen samples to see what they showed results on. And then I was doing like one hundred and twenty five when I was using that, But now that I'm in this efficacy process, it's just like, Okay, you get a hundred, we take your blood, we take you know, a sample of your semen, and you go home like so, yeah, it's not bad money.
Speaker 1: Do you have a partner?
Speaker 2: I do. Yeah. That was like a big part of it. You had to have be in like a monogamous relationship for I think I said something like two years when he signed up, so yeah.
Speaker 1: And how she feel about the whole thing.
Speaker 2: At first, she was really stressed out about it, kind of understandably, like like she was down with it because she's had pretty bad experiences with birth control. But once we started this efficacy process where I'm not allowed to use a condom, that's like stressful as fuck, but she's actually I think she's into it. She's also just like happy that she doesn't have to be with someone who like almost like forces them to be put onto a birth control right, as women often find themselves being or like you know, if a condom breaks, she doesn't have to deal with like Plan B or whatever. So she's come around for sure, But it was stressful for both of us at first because like they say it works, but it doesn't actually work.
Speaker 1: Is she happy that, like she doesn't have to be on birth control because you're on birth control?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, And we're both pretty like, I don't know, big feminists, So it's kind of like cool to be part of this process because in general health care for women it's pretty rough. So to be part of this like trial process for male birth control, which we should have had ages ago, is kind of cool. She actually wishes it was more invasive, though. She wished that they like had to like put a shot in my dick every month or something, just like even the playing field because like getting an IUD is horrific and I don't know, So there's that part of her that's like it could be worse and that would maybe make her a little happy, just as far as you know the status quo, would you do it.
Speaker 1: If they had to take a shot in your dick hole?
Speaker 2: I would try it. I think, like, yeah, I think I do it for science. It's easy to say that now though, It's like if I saw the needle right, can't can't? Yeah, you know what I mean. I try it once. Probably if it was like awful, I might not keep coming back.
Speaker 1: Have there been any like negative side effects that like like that you you said the irritability was one and then uh huh any any anything else besides the eared ability.
Speaker 2: Actually, I do think that my sex drive is like up, which is wild because I'm also like a twenty two year old boy man whatever you want to call me, So it's not like I had a problem with that before. But yeah, I do think that I'm like hornier than I should be, which is saying a lot. Maybe we all feel that way, but I feel like it's extra.
Speaker 1: Do you want to have a child?
Speaker 3: Day?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Actually, this thing's been nice because it has sort of like cemented in my mind that as soon as I'm off of it, I'd actually just like to get to affect me if I can find a doctor who will do it. So it's kind of like affected me light mmmmmmmmm.
Speaker 1: Mmmm. Now uh, are you doing anything else for work or is your full time job testing this h mail birth?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 2: I do have a full time job, so this is just like a side hustle. It's nice, I, you know, get one hundred dollars once a month so I can like buy video games or take my girlfriend out to a nice dinner. But it's definitely just like supplementary income and I don't do anything serious with it. It's like I think of it like free money.
Speaker 1: What's your job?
Speaker 2: I work at tech support for like a cell company, so it's like it's like kind of like a call center job, but it's like high brid so I work from home. But technology of people?
Speaker 1: Are you tech support for a sperm cell company? Like some sperm cells? Like, Hey, I'm trying to get this egg pregnant, but there's some gel in my way.
Speaker 2: See I I wouldn't know anything about that. I'd suggest turning it off and back on again. And that's that's about as much as I can do.
Speaker 1: That wasn't funny, but I tried to be funny. What's your dream in life, Isaiah? I?
Speaker 2: I do stand up comedy, so it'd be fun to actually like go on a tour with someone. Thank you for that. That was that was good?
Speaker 4: So yeah, it was probably that.
Speaker 2: I a lot of writing.
Speaker 1: How long have you don't stand up?
Speaker 3: Huh?
Speaker 2: This is I'm going into my I think I think I just started. No, I just finished my fourth year, so going into like.
Speaker 1: My fifth Okay, yeah, yeah, you're in Utah. I was that. I was that wise guy. Have you ever been to Wise Guys? Yeah?
Speaker 4: You were?
Speaker 2: No, I have been there.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 2: I got to host for uh like nationally touring comedian there not too long ago. But I don't get like super regular gigs. You were here in Utah. It's kind of weird. It's a weird comedy scene. It's a weird scene in general.
Speaker 1: So who was who was the King?
Speaker 2: But he did start out in Chicago. Uh, his name is Jeffrey, asked Osmas. Have you heard of him?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He I think I want to say he did stand up comedy in my basement at some point. But I don't know if.
Speaker 2: Really that's so cool? It is. No, he's really funny.
Speaker 1: I know, I don't have I met have I met him before? I know I know exactly who that is, but I don't know. Okay, I don't know if it's because I've met him or if you know so many comedian of Facebook or something. Yeah, yeah, well ship man, Hey you can open for me if I read if I ever come to wise guys.
Speaker 2: Oh please, I'll take you up on that for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have to remind send me a d M. And if I remember next time, I'll.
Speaker 2: Say I'm the mill birth control guy.
Speaker 1: Okay. Yeah, so you're the mail birth control guy and you got the gig message me message if I announced it. If I if I'm announcing a tour to Utah next year, you let me know. I'll let you. I'll let you open for me.
Speaker 2: Please, Yes, I'm there.
Speaker 1: I had my I had my boy. I had my boy Ryan the Leader open for me last time I was there, and he's he's pretty sweet too.
Speaker 2: Oh very nice. Yeah, I heard the show was awesome. I ended up getting stuck at work that night, but like my friends went and had a really good time. So you had a lot of jem I'm sure you'll sell it out again.
Speaker 1: What do you do stand up comedy about?
Speaker 2: Well, I grew up here in Utah, so sort of like a large percentage of it is sort of like Utah based, like because I actually grew up in Provo, which is like the most kind of Mormon city in Utah, So it's a lot of that. But then I'm also a Polynesian, so I do joke something like Hawaiian and tongue in and then just kind of like dumb, like dark humor about like my dog dying and shit like that. So well, I try to try to touch a few bases.
Speaker 1: You know, what's your take on Polynesian sauce.
Speaker 2: Polynesian sauce.
Speaker 5: It's good.
Speaker 2: I like it. It's not honestly like karaoke sauce is probably one that you might find more like actually Polynesian restaurants. But it's kind of like Hawaiian pizza, like that was like made in Canada, but I still like Hawaiian pizza.
Speaker 1: So dude, can I can I tell you something? When you just said, when you said just now that you are Polynesian, that's the first time I've ever heard the word Polynesian used out in reference to a sauce of Polynesian sauce. Like, I didn't know that Polynesia. I thought it was I I'm being one hundred percent. I thought it just was a sauce. Where is Polynesia?
Speaker 2: Well, Polynesia refers to like the a lot of like Pacific islands. So it's like, if you're a Polynesian, you could be like Fijian Tonguan sumbling. I think they consider like Maori's in New Zealand Polynesian, so it's it's sort of like like Asians can be from a bunch of different countries. Polynesians are like Pacific Islanders.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, okay.
Speaker 2: Interestingly, I grew up saying like, oh I'm Polly to refer to being Polynesian. But now if you say you're people think that you're like polyamorous. Leads to a lot of confusion, so you gotta say the whole thing these days.
Speaker 1: What's that is that? Is that? Is that a bit that you do?
Speaker 2: It is a bit that I do. Yep, But it's like new it. It was a problem before it was a bit, but now it's a bit.
Speaker 1: I like that. It's a good bit.
Speaker 4: Do you do that?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 2: Yes, I'd love to.
Speaker 1: Well. Well, hey, now with the male birth control and NOWS, now is a great time to be Polly and Polly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it really does work out both ways. I think I'm pretty monogamous, but I've heard.
Speaker 1: Good things, Isaiah. Is the anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we.
Speaker 2: Go, I mean, look into male birth control near you you might save your save the woman in your life. A lot of grief and and we'll leave it at that. Thanks for your time.
Speaker 1: Gek, what before we dive? What is the Polynesian sauce like in Polynesia?
Speaker 2: I think it's a lot of like karaoke sauce. Uh you They actually even call like terry sauce for short. There's like burgers in Hawaii. Have you been to Hawaii or you're going to Hawaii soon?
Speaker 1: Maybe I I have a flight to Hawaii tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Okay, incredible. So if you've never tried this, definitely try Loco Moco when you're in Hawaii. It's a Hawaiian burger that's like a beef patty on rice over like gravy. There's like gravy over it and there you have like a egg on top that's like that. That that's pretty that's like a Hawaiian burger. Like a lot of people think of like Hawaiian burger as having pineapple on it, But Loco Moco.
Speaker 1: All the way, that sounds pretty sweet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's good stuff. You'll you'll like it.
Speaker 1: Thanks for calling, Isaah, have.
Speaker 2: A good one, safe travels.
Speaker 1: Crap. I had a thought that I was gonna say, but I was gonna wait until Isaiah was off the phone. What did it had? Something? It had something to do with either Polynesian sauce or first Control. I forget. I'm just gonna not say it, but let's include this in the podcast. Still, let's include this afterthought that I forgot all from Hello.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, I got on.
Speaker 2: How's it going?
Speaker 1: It's going good man? How are you?
Speaker 6: I'm good? I'm good. This is my first time calling in. I actually the first time that I called, I didn't realize that there was like a voicemail thing. So you might have just a strange message after this.
Speaker 1: What's up man? What'd you want to talk about today?
Speaker 6: So kind of have an interesting situation going on in my life right now involving my roommate, my girlfriend, and one of her friends. So my girlfriend's friend and my roommate had a thing for a while and around the time of her birthday. She lives in a different town, she came to the town where my girlfriend and I my roommate lives, and when she got here, they were talking about potentially like hooking up and stuff, and my roommate was just really like head over heels for this girl, and we ended up going out for drinks for the first night of the weekend and it was all great, and then eventually what happened was is that after we got back to my house and I dropped my girlfriend and her friend off back my girlfriend's house, he was texting me saying like, oh, she like really wants me to like come over, Like what should I do? And I was like, uh, you know how mad my girlfriend would be if you went over to her house at three am and had effect with her friend on her couch. Yeah, now you're just just wait till tomorrow, dude. What he didn't know was that my girlfriend and I were after he went to bed, we're going to uh puck up with her friend afterwards. And after it was all said and done, her friend was like, yeah, I don't really want to like pursue a relationship with this guy. And long story short, she ended up cutting it off from him and he was heartbroken. And now whenever she like comes around like.
Speaker 1: This, okay girl friend, actually no, no, you know you go ahead, go ahead finished, I'll save my questions.
Speaker 6: Yeah. Yeah, So whenever she like comes around to visit my girlfriend or she ever gets brought up in the conversation, he just like tries to shut it down immediately, and he gets all sad and shit. And I really feel like I kind of ruined his chances with this girl. And I know that it's probably wasn't much.
Speaker 1: But okay, I'm gonna, I'm gonna, I'm gonna cut I'm gonna cut in with my questions now. First of all, I want to congratulate you on having so many friends that I've lost track of all the different friends that you have in this story. But okay, sorry, so no, it's okay, it's okay. It's a good it's a good thing, I promise if I understand this correctly. Your friend had a big old crush on your girlfriend's friend, and they did They hadn't done any they there was just a crush. There was no real thing between them, correct.
Speaker 6: There There was talk that they were going to do stuff, but.
Speaker 1: There was no they didn't. Okay, but okay, your friend had a crush on your girlfriend's friend and one night text your girlfriend's friend to see if if he could come over. Uh, that doesn't work out, And on that very same night, you and your girlfriend go to her house to have a threesome with her.
Speaker 2: I guess that it is correct.
Speaker 1: Wow, that's wild. That is a that that is very wild. Did you tell do you ever talk to your friend? Your friend has no idea that you had a threesome with your girlfriend and has no idea. Oh my god. Did you feel bad at all? Did you feel like were you morally conflicted?
Speaker 6: Well, in the moment, I was like this is uh. I mean in the moment I.
Speaker 1: Was in the moment, you were like, this is fucking awesome.
Speaker 6: Yeah. But after after it was all said and done, you like didn't come out of his room for like two weeks mm hmm, And I just, uh, yeah, I felt real bad. And there was like a moment of time where I was going to tell him, But it's been continue to happen.
Speaker 1: This man would be shy. This man would be it's been continuing to have like you've done this with you guys have had this three some multiple times. Yes, this man would be shattered if he knew what was going on.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know.
Speaker 6: And to top all this off, he's my boss at work.
Speaker 7: Like I'm I'm not joking, Like you're not joking, I'd get fired. No, I am not joking with you, and I'm afraid that if he does find out, I'll get like fired and it would just make the whole living situation really awkward.
Speaker 1: Come on, all right, mm hmmm? Where what do you do for work?
Speaker 6: I work at a local sandwich shop.
Speaker 1: He's your boss at the sandwich shop. What is Is it a subway or is it like a local sandwich shop?
Speaker 6: It is a Herberts and Gerberts.
Speaker 1: What is that?
Speaker 6: It's like a sandwich shop. I'm in I'm in Wisconsin right now, and that's like the sandwich.
Speaker 1: Suffering, which sounds Wisconsin. Were you guys friends before you started working together? Have you been friends for a long time?
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've been friends for like four or five years or so.
Speaker 1: Okay, now in those four or five years, your understanding of his friend? How have his relationships been over the course of five years? Is this like kind of a is is just like a recurring thing in his life that he's like like, I guess romantic rejection.
Speaker 6: Yeah, No, he just hasn't had the greatest luck. He he kind of just gets really like invested into people. And I mean, like it was great, like if you're gonna love love hard, But he ends up getting hurt. But I've just never seen him like that before.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm, m hmm. Did he do you think was and now your friend's feelings for this, your girlfriend's friend were they? Were they purely lustful or was there you know, a little a little more to that.
Speaker 6: I mean, we live like four hours away from her, so I think in the back of his head he was like, yeah, I know this would never work, but I think he really really wanted it to, which would explain the reaction after she texted him when she went back home and was like, yeah, I'm not looking for anything.
Speaker 1: Man. So you so you and your girlfriend drove the four hours.
Speaker 6: Uh, We've it's kind of just been like, well, my girlfriend has later moved since the moment, she's kind of like in between me and her friend now, so we kind of just end up meeting at her place. Now, this hasn't happened in like months, because I just kind of felt guilty about it, not even kind of I do feel guilty about it.
Speaker 1: Oh man, dude, I don't know, I really, I don't know. I don't know, because you know what, I'm gonna be honest with you. I'm not gonna I'm not gonna sit here, and I'm sure there's plenty of other people listen to this. I'm not gonna sit here and tell you I wouldn't have done the same thing.
Speaker 6: Oh that's awesome, I mean it makes you feel a little better, but.
Speaker 1: Like, well, I don't think it because I don't want to lie to you. I don't want to lie to you and tell you I wouldn't have done the same thang because it's not like it'd be what it'd be, because it'd be one thing if this was like your friends, uh like X or like uh, you know obviously would be a thing if it was your friend's girlfriend. But like, I don't know, man, which I mean, tell me more about your relationship with this guy with your friends.
Speaker 6: So me and him moved in together into a house, uh like two years ago, and sorry, we've I mean we've been good friends. But ever since this moment, I feel like it's just been kind of difficult to like talk to him because he's also just been really stressed with like work lately and uh coming home and the only thing that you can really talk about is work. Is just like I'd really rather not talk to you then, But I feel like they're kind of cold, you are? I am twenty four?
Speaker 1: How old is hey?
Speaker 6: He is twenty five?
Speaker 1: All right? What's his because it sounds like it sounds like homie, Like there's he's got a kind of a general malaise going on or depression or or or something. Something's something this is, this is it's not just this thing. He likes the girl and the girl doesn't like him back, like there's a there's something. Is that accurate?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean there always kind of seems to be something with him. So I tried to, like, I don't know, I've tried to help in the past and try to get him to like open up, but uh again, it's just a lot about work. And I mean he's tried dating since then, but it just has not gone well.
Speaker 5: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to think if you want to help your friend, because like, here's the thing. If that girl didn't like your friend, there was nothing, there was nothing you could have done to help. But like, I don't know, could you and your friend like why do you? Why do you look? You sound like you're probably a handsome guy. You know, thank you, You're you got stuff going on and you and you know your friend intimately, what do you think it is about him that that made that girl not like him? Or what do you what do you think it is that has has made him, you know, romantically unsuccessful or like what what? Like in your opinion, what do you think is is holding him back?
Speaker 6: I mean he's I really don't mean to like kind of bash this guy now, but he's a little weird and he's like really stinky and doesn't have the greatest hygiene. Like there was one night where me and him went out to get drinks and I had to drive him home and I made like a little puke bucket for him, and that puke bucket proceeded to sit in his room for the next two months without being emptied. It got to know what, where like you couldn't even.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to sit here and tell you I wouldn't do the same as well with.
Speaker 6: That, Yeah, I mean it literally got with.
Speaker 1: You with your friend as well.
Speaker 6: It literally got to the point where like I couldn't. So we live on opposite floors. I live on the main floor. He lives upstairs, and I genuinely couldn't like walk past the stairs because of how bad that entire floor smelled purely because of his room.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Man, this is tough. This is tough because I don't know how you could help your friends. Yeah, I don't know. I don't know how you could help him. Yeah, I mean, is it a bad eye, is it a bad idea to hmm to tell him?
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 6: That's personally, I don't think it would end well if I didn't tell him.
Speaker 1: No, I'm not even I'm not even talking about telling him, but no, I I I I H dude, I don't know. I sort of think ignorance is blissed with that. I'm trying to think if I were in the friends if I were in the friends position, and I don't think I would want to know. I think there are some there are some cases where you ignorances is just bliss I'm trying to think of how you could, I don't know, just in general help your friend. It's hard because you don't want to just be like giving him unsolicited advice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And I mean a lot of the ways that it does help is just kind of like just being a friend to him and overall just kind of just kind of being there to listen to him, kind of giving him a shoulder to cry on. I mean that helps for the moment, but I mean usually by the next day he's kind of back in that same spot.
Speaker 1: Are you going to continue to hook up with this girl with your girlfriend?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 6: Her and I have talked about it, and I mean she knows how I feel about it, and she's kind of has her uncertainties too. So I think we're both kind of in the same boat of if it if the stars align and us three are together again and it happens great. If not, that's not going to be something that we're like actively pushing for being like, oh, when is this gonna happen again?
Speaker 1: Like no, mm hmm, dude, what if you guys had a threesome in the sandwich shot?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 6: I uh, you know, there there have been things that have happened in like the store that.
Speaker 1: Are but like like what.
Speaker 6: There's just been like some crazy things that have happened in the store. We Uh so, we had a coworker who had a baby not too long ago, and we found out that the baby was conceived like in the back room area, Like the mother and the father had sex in the back of the store. They both work at the store, so it wasn't like I mean, it's still weird, but like it'd be weird of just like two random people. They came to the back of the store.
Speaker 2: I don't know how to explain.
Speaker 1: I feel as though being conceived in Wisconsin sandwich shot probably dooms a baby.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the Uh what's your name again?
Speaker 4: Sir?
Speaker 1: Well? Good luck, g l HF my friends. Uh is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 6: This is Uh feels good to get this off my chest. And yeah, at the end of the day, I really just wish the best for my friends. But I guess all I gotta say.
Speaker 1: Never let him listen to this podcast.
Speaker 6: Oh absolutely not. He knows nothing about that.
Speaker 1: Okay, you have a good one.
Speaker 6: Yeah you too, Thank you.
Speaker 1: Wait. What's the name of the sandwich shop again? Herberts and Gerberts Herberts. Is that a chain?
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, it's a chain.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, because I thought because then people would be like, I'm trying to do you think, Anon, what do you get? You can give me a real name, did you?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, have a good one.
Speaker 6: Yeah you two see man.
Speaker 1: Because I feel like somebody would could just uh pinpoint how many Herberts and Gerberts are there in Wisconsin. Let's see here, hold on Herberts. Oh okay, this is like a thought. I honestly thought he was making it up. Herbert's and Gerbert's. All right, there's I don't know why I'm giving instructions on how to dox this guy, because I don't want that to happen. We'll just we'll bleep his name out. Herberts and Gerbert's is a restaurant franchise specializing in sub marine sandwich Is the company? Oh? Wait no, the company has more than fifty locations throughout Arizona, Colorado, Indiana, Wisconsin. They have only one in North Carolina. So if the caller was from North Carolina, he'd be easy to find. Don't dox the people on this show? All right, what I'll make I'm going on. Let me go to their website. Let's go what's going on on Herberts and Gerberts dot com. Oh, they got a turkey bacon ranch. They got all. They got a little cartoon drawing of an alien eating a sandwich.
Speaker 6: I like that.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna go. Do they have any near me? Let me type in my zip code. Okay, I forgot Wait hold on, damn, they don't have any Orbits and Gerberts near me. Wait fuck, Now, people can docks me, dude, ship people people who Now, people can find all the places in America that don't have Herberts and Gerberts, and they can do the reverse of what they would do to a caller to me and use the absence of Herberts and Gerberts to determine where I live. The internet is a dangerous place.
Speaker 6: Hello, hey there, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm okay, how are you man?
Speaker 5: Doing all right? I'm actually in the middle of a well, actually just finishing up a big move. I just moved back to my hometown from a bigger city.
Speaker 1: Uh is that a Is that an upgrade?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 1: Where where is that in your life plan? Is that what you desired?
Speaker 5: You know what? I didn't think it was, but it is. I'm moving back to my hometown and just kind of growing up. I always thought I wanted to leave and do something else and be in a bigger city, but ever since I was there, I just wanted to come back home and be closer to family.
Speaker 1: That's kind of the hero's journey is you go out into a big city and you you're like, all right, this place is cool. It has restaurants and bars, and you realize that everywhere was really the same and that the best place to be is where your friends and family are as long as there are like also also bars and restaurants there where you can get margerita, pizza and shit. But where's your hometown.
Speaker 5: I actually I live about an hour north of Louisville, Kentucky.
Speaker 1: I was in Louisville, Kentucky. That's a nice spot. I like Louisville.
Speaker 5: It's a buffal one.
Speaker 1: What do you are you living back with your parents or did you get a place.
Speaker 5: I got a place. So far, it's been a lot nicer than my older place. You know, the bigger cities have a lot higher rent, and I think that was a main decision making doctor. I actually lost a job that I moved to the bigger city for, and that's kind of the catalyst for the move back home.
Speaker 1: What was the job that you had in the big city.
Speaker 5: I worked for a major abortion provider and it was really interesting and I had a really intense time there. And I worked there for probably about three years and at the end, I got a promotion and that's why I had to move, And it turned out I did not like the added responsibility, so it didn't turn out very.
Speaker 4: Well for me.
Speaker 1: Interesting, So what was it about the promotion or the added responsibility that made you want to leave?
Speaker 5: I think it was kind of your peers turning into like, you have this weird power dynamic with them, and you're kind of, on one hand, expected to like to lay down the law without a better way to put that, and you don't want to be like a stern you know, don't be late kind of guy, and you have to be and I don't like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're you're you go from like actually doing something to managing other people doing stuff.
Speaker 5: That's that's put perfectly absolutely, it's just kind of like watching it all unfold and being responsible for how it ends up.
Speaker 1: You said here on the call screening notes that that it was a toxic job. Why did you feel like it was it was toxic?
Speaker 5: You know, I'm sure a lot of people who work in like nonprofit organizations can relate to this, But I think a lot of times places like that kind of take advantage or pray upon your your empathy or your your support or compassion towards whatever mission you're working towards, and so they kind of just exploit that, you know, as much as possible, like, hey, if you if you miss this shift, you know, like X, Y and Z will happen to this many people.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 5: It's a kind of one of those things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was. It was that tough working at the abortion clinic. Was it seems like there's a lot of emotions going on around there.
Speaker 5: Definitely, And I mean it's it's crazy. You just see like a crazy, wild variety of emotions about it. So it's really like common to see just like a spectrum of different feelings around it. It's just really interesting to do it in such a hostile state. I actually got to do some training in the Washington State and it was wild just how different things are laid out there than in a state like Kentucky or Indiana.
Speaker 1: What's of the big city? Where was the big city.
Speaker 5: At I'm Bloomington? Where I you is?
Speaker 1: I don't know what either of those I don't know what either of those things are.
Speaker 5: Sorry, it's like a college town.
Speaker 4: I you.
Speaker 1: Oh, Indiana University? Oh okay, you go to IU. And next door you can get an I U D.
Speaker 6: Exactly where is UH?
Speaker 1: Okay? So what are the abortion laws like in UH? In Indiana?
Speaker 5: I'm actually kind of embarrassed to say that I'm out of touch with what's going on most recently, but I remember there was a really big push for everything to be completely you know, basically like Texas style band laws here, and that was it's just so stressful because it goes back and forth with the courts, and you know, staff and patients have to kind of bend over backwards for whatever happens, you know, at the very last minute.
Speaker 1: And was it is it like because there are I say, assume like like like planned there are planned parenthoods in states where abortion is illegal rights.
Speaker 5: I believe so, yes, And I think I think the focus right now is just to like, you know, provide as much education as the law allows and just encourage you know, safety.
Speaker 1: So what are you gonna do now now that you don't work there?
Speaker 5: I think I'm gonna be more in touch with my own feelings instead of you know, just kind of being like this empathy vacuum every day. I think it's been a really eye opening experience for me to just kind of spend time alone and switch to like a work from home job. It's it's been awesome to just kind of like be with myself and and see myself outside of a work environment.
Speaker 1: I know, it feels it feels nice to to work on yourself, right because you're you're having to comfort people all the time.
Speaker 5: Oh definitely. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a lot and just kind of.
Speaker 5: You got to like kind of read the moment, read every single little moment, and interpret that on how to act next. It's really awesome, and I think that people who work in those situations are incredible people. I really loved it.
Speaker 1: It's I mean, you know, that's the thing is say what you will about people who are assholes. But I got it. It sounds like a such a nice life a little bit, doesn't it, not caring about anything or anyone at all?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, I mean it's it's been really weird. It's been really weird. And it kind of feels like, you know, like when you're in high school and you finally get the summer off or whatever, and you're just.
Speaker 6: Like, dang, what do I do?
Speaker 5: Because you're just so used to like constant routine day after day after day. And when you finally have like the time to do anything else, You're like, dang, I'm so boring, Like do you have personality anymore? I feel like almost brainwashed by work.
Speaker 1: What are you going to do now that you have all this time?
Speaker 5: Well, I think I've been spending more time with my family, but honestly, one thing I'm really excited about is to get back into like hiking and go into the state parks. I used to be so into that and it's just like disappeared for me entirely since since I started, you know, being more career oriented.
Speaker 2: I guess, mm hmmm hm.
Speaker 1: Do you have Do you have a lot of friends in this hometown?
Speaker 5: No, No, I've never I never had a large friend group. But I do have really great close friends that are just a few, but really wonderful friends. And I just feel like a brand new chapter life. And I feel tooper excited and really happy to be talking to you tonight and everything.
Speaker 1: I gotta say you sound. I can hear in your voice that you've been dealing with incredibly emotional situations for three years. Like I want to I want to throw an army black around you right now. You're you seem you see them incomplete shock just from talking to you. So I'm glad to hear that you're moving on to hiking and stuff instead of constantly having to be there while people go through uh uh, you know, some of the most awful times in their life. That sounds like a lot to deal with every single day, you know. I was talking to I was talking to somebody about this and maybe you would have some interesting insight on it. I've read on on the internet and talk to some people and whatever. I've heard stories of people who like they call the suicide hotline and the person on the other end is like kind of cold or or uncaring, you know. Or they're in some kind of a situation medically or some some dire thing where where like they're at the horrible time in their life, but the person working it's it they're sort of apathetic to them. And I kind of get it a bit because it's like for them, it's like every single day, you know, when you and a human being, as you know, can only handle so much empathy, you know. So it's like it's not surprising to me that these people, even though they're put in situations where they where their whole job is to deal with folks who are heavily distressed. It kind of makes sense to me that that occasionally they would grow cold or uncaring or anything, not because they're rotten people, but just because it's you know, I mean, like you were saying, it takes an incredible person to be able to do something like that, you know.
Speaker 5: Definitely, definitely, and shout out to those who are still doing it. I think my insight to that is just from working in an environment like that. Every single person that I worked with was so compassionate and empathetic towards the people who needed it, and even you know, between co workers, we were really empathetic and compassionate towards each other. But speaking only for myself and none of my other coworkers at the time, some of the stress, like you, like, you just don't even know where to put it, and it is not an option to give it to the people you're serving, you know what I mean, So you kind of and in my case, something I'm not proud of is definitely taking it out on the people you work with every single day, or being like inappropriately, like snippy or just short with them. And I think that's how I handled it. Which was not great.
Speaker 1: I bet it would be a good idea to like date an exterminator, you know, somebody who's just they get all their aggression out on the job, so that way, you know it's all love.
Speaker 5: When they get home, you're just like taking out entire you know, species from an area. Just you probably feel really powerful.
Speaker 1: Right right, They got to be happy people. What's your name again, Karen? Karen, Karen, thanks for talking to me. I hope there's a good things ahead on the horizon. Is there any anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go, or to me or to Mark who's listening to this podcast right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I would just say, be nice to each other as often as possible, and thank you so much for taking my call. And I hope you have a wonderful rest of for your night.
Speaker 1: Have a good night. Karen Karen. That's uh. You don't meet a lot. You don't meet a lot of nice Karen's. I don't have any I don't have a joke. I don't have a Karen joke, and I don't want to have a Karen joke. Let's move on, let's talk, just talk to another person. Hey, what's up?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I'm actually all who is this?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: This is Tyler Tyler.
Speaker 1: You know what's so cool? It's cool to me that I've been doing this podcast for three years and there's still new people calling in. I was thinking about that at the end of the day. I was like, what happens when I literally just have talked to everyone who listens to this already?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I've watched from about a year now. Actually I went to You're showing New York.
Speaker 1: Oh shit, well at the Bellhouse, Yes, yeah, where those two twins arm wrestled.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was sweet. That was awesome. Are you coming back again? I won't be offended if you're.
Speaker 4: Not about hustled out, but I'm gonna go to the one the next day.
Speaker 1: Okay, sick sick six sick Tyler Tyler. You sent me a text and you said you said, I farted in a coworker's face because she annoys me. But after farting in her face, I've mellowed out and I don't hate her anymore.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so I think because I'm not gonna say with star work, I by work at a retail store and there's this girl I will not I don't know what type of saying they much, you ever, let's just say h so h. She is not the best employee, like everyone kind of like you know comments and the fact that she's ad the scattered brain. She'd messes stuff up. And when I first started working at that store, I had to fix certain things that she would mess up. And one day, you know, we were in the break room. She was sitting in a chair. I was washing my hands and I noticed my butt was at the perfect angle at her face where I was like, if I start and leaves, she's not going to know there's several other people in here. And I did that and I left. And it's been I think about a year or two ever since I fart in her face, And honestly, I don't know. I am pretty I don't mind her anymore or like, you know, she still has an approved of the worker and I'm like, hey, how are you? You know, like sometimes we chat and it has gotten significantly better working with her.
Speaker 1: You know, there's something to that. There's something too that I was on TikTok last night and I saw a really beautiful video that I and I think I think this is related to what to your thing. It was. It was one of these TikTok prankster kids, who I really don't like a lot of those guys, but it was one of these TikTok prankster people. And he was like fucking with this old man. And the old man was like, if you do that again, I'm gonna if you if you call me that again, I'm gonna fuck you up. And so the kid put the prank kid he put up like a fighting stance, and the old man smacked him in the face, and then the little and then the kid punched the old man and then like they kind of like circle, but then they kind of like circle each other for a little bit and then I swear to God, the old guy he just he just looks at the prank kid and he goes, kid, what are we doing? And the kid and the kid is like, ah, you know what, you're right, and they both they like put their hands down, and the old man is like, you actually got me pretty good, and the kid's like, you got me pretty good too, you can fight, and then they hugged and and and that was it. And I was like, and by the way, I mean, I've watched a lot of fight videos on the internet, and that's the only one I think I've seen that ended like that, but I did it may be kind and I'm not a big proponent of you know, I don't think you should hit people and stuff, but it just was kind of beautiful to see one time where you know, hitting people worked. And maybe there's something to that where you farted in your coworker's face and that just got it out. I think it's missing the element of you got to let your coworker fart in your if you let your coworker fart in your face. See, that's the thing this was. This is kind of what makes it different from that fight is that it's only one sided so far. If you let your coworker fart in your face and you or and then you just spend a little bit of time farting in each other's faces, that might solve everything. Because I don't know how she's feeling. Maybe she's feeling as pent up shit. Again, she probably doesn't like you, but if she farted in your face, she would see that you're actually, you know, pretty cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe you're right, but I'm also too tall for her to fart in my face too. I think even sitting down too tall to far in my face, not.
Speaker 1: In the the t bag position.
Speaker 4: Yeah, probably she could probably do it if I was in that position.
Speaker 1: Again, why did this? Why does this person annoy you?
Speaker 4: Because like in retail, you know your already in pays a little, customers are already like snapping at you for the smallest things, and then like repeatedly for like you know, like maybe like three or four days a week. You know, you do something that person, they purposely mess it up. And like in the store, we all like stalk our own little sections and maybe like a whole thing will be messed up and they'll go to me and being like, well, I do like this, and I'm just like I saw agh just restock it, Like what why are you talking to me about this? So yeah, something like that.
Speaker 1: I look a job environment like that would make me want to fart in people's faces too. I get it. You had that fart. There was more in that fart than just uh fart chemicals. There was anger, resentment, frustration, and you farted it all out of your body onto this woman's face. And that's why exactly love.
Speaker 4: Now, maybe maybe maybe the world's problems would be solved a bit more. If people were just like, I'm not going to punch this guy, I'm not going to kick this kid. I'm just going to do one simple fart. I'm just going to walk away from the situation.
Speaker 1: I agree with that. What's your name again?
Speaker 4: It's Tyler, Tyler.
Speaker 1: Well, Tyler. If you're if you need it a referee of a fart battle between you and this person, and you can you can hold it within a ten minute walk of my house, let me know and I'll do it.
Speaker 4: Okay, cool, I will to have a large kind of beans before that.
Speaker 2: I will.
Speaker 4: I'll be prepared.
Speaker 1: Thank you for calling, Tyler.
Speaker 4: Thanks lover podcast Bye.
Speaker 3: Goes on the line. Thank you phone calls every night everythig kid goes through in his eye. Who's teaching him loud every life? But he's not really an expert.