Speaker 1: Hey, guys, welcome to another episode of Eating While Broke. I'm your host, Coleen, and today we have very special guests, actor Chris D. Lofton in the building.
Speaker 2: What's thank you for having.
Speaker 1: So excited to have you and from the what five or ten minutes I got to know you. You are a real man in the kitchen.
Speaker 3: I try to be.
Speaker 2: I just try to do what I can do when I can do it. That's just really what I do.
Speaker 1: He's a real man in the kitchen. He was showing me videos and pictures and I was trying to steal some recipes and like most cooks, he was holding it close to the vest, like, don't worry about it if I put it in the air fry or now.
Speaker 2: I'm like, how you see you gotta relax, you gotta relax just a little bit. You gotta crawl before you walk. We're gonna get that thing. Oh, relationship is quite there.
Speaker 1: Just trust me. When I try food. I literally if I go to restaurants something's really good, I'm the type I'll go home and I'll say I think I know what they did or what seasoning.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to make that Oh yes, no, that just happened to me.
Speaker 2: I was in Dallas, like now when I'll be making some wings, like bro I went in the back. I made them go get the damn chef out the kitchen. I said, excuse me, ma'am, ma'am, I'm gonna need to talk to you. I need five seconds of your time. Ma'am. What the hell did you put on them wings?
Speaker 3: I said, the glade? How did you do it?
Speaker 2: What did you do?
Speaker 1: Oh, you'll ask the questions like I'm gonna start asking.
Speaker 2: I was like, okay, So I said, okay, you put maple, brown, sugar and honey and butter. That's the base because otherwise where you get the glazes from? And then what did you do? I was? She was like, you you be cooking. I was like, I'm asking for a reason, lady, what did you do?
Speaker 1: What I find interesting about you saying this is that when I was trying to peep, Oh, what what did you do with them wings?
Speaker 2: You was like, yeah, that's just because you ain't had a chance to experience them for yourself.
Speaker 1: Like take a bike. Then if you take a BikeE.
Speaker 2: I may or may not award you that information. You know what I'm saying. But I feel like until you've had them yourself, I don't want you going home trying to emulate some shit you ain't never had. That's kind of where I'm coming from with that. So it's like, nah, you just relax, you come eat them, and then once you eat them, then I'll kind of give you some tips. I think.
Speaker 1: Okay, okay, well, what will you be having me eat today?
Speaker 2: Uh? Today, we're gonna take it back a little bit. This was like this meal right here. I remember this boy, and especially with just bread. We're gonna eat some chili dogs, a little a little hood chili dog. I like to call a little hood nigga chili dog a hood.
Speaker 1: So, by the way, I talked to your publicists and she was saying, there's a such thing as chili with no beans? Is that really real? Is that a such thing there is?
Speaker 3: But I don't like chili with no beans?
Speaker 1: Okay when she mentioned it, I said, please don't even hint to him, there's a chili with.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: By way, red I switched it out with turkey.
Speaker 2: Oh you find you one of those? Well, no, I you assume that the actors are or you are no asson that the guest star.
Speaker 1: It's that I'm allergic to red meat. Oh and I used to like ignore it all the time, and then I was like, oh, you're too old to pretend like you're not allergic to something. So now I switch it out. And then so and I know turkey isn't gonna be as good as beef and pork, but that's what I've been doing. Fine, we're gonna try it.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be good. We ain't worried about that.
Speaker 1: So what's in the ingredients?
Speaker 2: Honestly for me? And remember we talked early a little bit off offset. We talked about the curve balls that may or may not take place, And honestly, I'm thinking these are This is all I need, honestly, right here the seasons you got me together. This is really all I need is the or Male Chili.
Speaker 1: Though I like this one, all right, So list it out for all.
Speaker 2: Like this or Male Chili. That the hot dog can be the hot dog in your choice. It don't have to be Oscar Mayor to see this. This is the kind of expensive brand you went all out that was like the five forty nine, six forty nine pack at the Rouse. You ain't need to do that, see for the people at home when you really broke, if you eating while broke, they do got some hot dogs for two dollars. Trust me, I know where they at, I know which all to go. You just got to reach behind these Oscar Myers. Noh yeah, you don't need you don't need hot dogs. They got a commercial for this. You know what I'm saying. You can just get a hot dog. Yeah, you don't need that. You don't need that for this. But I appreciate the gesture, but you don't necessarily need it. You know what I'm saying. You could have said about three thirty nine, right, But that's cool. And the cheese is very very optional because that's my curve ball. I ain't on rock with cheese. Oh really yeah, not in situations like this.
Speaker 1: My thing is so it's just the ormel Chilian and.
Speaker 2: A hot dog. Ya. I don't like cheese.
Speaker 1: Were specific? You didn't want buns, you wanted the slice bread.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because if we eating while broke, who the hell just got hot dog buns and hamburger buns laying around. That's very intentional. That's very intentional. It's like, nigga, are we barbecuing soon? Did we just barbecue. Like, you don't just have hot dog buns and hamburger buns. I don't think, but you might have some bread.
Speaker 1: I love that you're really making me experience what you experienced when you were broke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that might not even be broke. That could have been yesterday. Ship, we don't strike for all.
Speaker 1: That is true.
Speaker 2: It is true, ship that the white bread who just really for real, if you really think about it, you ain't gonna open your cabinet right now probably and see hot dog buns.
Speaker 1: No, no, And and if I do order hot dog buns, it'll be the day that I'm that you're about.
Speaker 2: To make some Italian sausage or some hot dogs, or some broad words or some hot links. It's a very like by case basins with with the buns. You know what I'm saying. You gotta be intentional with your buns, is all what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Well, while we be an intentional, why don't you start cooking for them? All right, let's do it real quick since I'm gonna be taking all the way real quick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I'm gonna do a little bit like this. I'm gonna see I like that. You gotta see even though it's a hot dog, and they need to do the most.
Speaker 1: You're adding a whole lot of salt to that water. You put salt water fishing.
Speaker 2: Actually, it really need to be more than that, if we're being honest, a lot of turning back on. Yeah, I'm gonna do it, Lodo, because we can't.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you boil them the hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we're gonna how many of you want? Though?
Speaker 1: I just want one.
Speaker 2: You just want one. I'm gonna do my best even though I'm gonna do this first, let's hit this.
Speaker 1: Sanitiz saying it real quick.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying. We ain't got the we ain't got the city. I wish I had a tie to throw over, but we cook. I wish I had a little tile to throw. I'm gonna try to I'm gonna try to do you like this, but it's real simple. It ain't gonna it ain't gonna wint gonna hurt no body. That's what we're not gonna do. You just want one. I just I'm gonna go one with you.
Speaker 3: Then that's how we need.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go one with you.
Speaker 1: Actually make an extra one for pictures later.
Speaker 2: Okay, for sure, one more one for the pictures, the picture for the pictures, and we're gonna just boil that thing. It ain't gonna take too long. Okay, it ain't gonna take too long.
Speaker 1: And do you watch to see if it like busts open? Is that when you know it's boiled to completion?
Speaker 2: I do I do like it. I do like it to break a little bit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's how I do.
Speaker 2: I do like it to break a little bit. I'm not gonna lie to you.
Speaker 1: I do like the talking to a guy that's in the kitchen. You'd be like a cook.
Speaker 2: For real. I actually do like it to break for real, for real. That's how I am. Like even if I was making these on the if I was making these hot dogs on the grill or something, I want the blackest burnings one on there, or don't give it chili.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we barbecuing, okay, I want to burn hot I don't want to burn burn. I want it to be.
Speaker 2: I want if it's on the grill, I want I want the black one. I want the one with the damn bubbles on the side, because it's been on there so long. That's the one I want. Okay, with the sweet baby rais, and we're gonna go crazy. Okay if you're picking up when I'm putting down, yes, ma'am.
Speaker 1: All right, So then you're gonna heat the chili.
Speaker 2: Yep, I'm gonna heat the chili. I was gonna let it get a Look, I could just do this. It ain't that deep with this. We can just do that.
Speaker 1: So take me back to what was going on when you were eating can chili and some hot dogs.
Speaker 2: Shit, man, life is what was going on because uh, I was one of them kids. Let's start here.
Speaker 3: I got a mancipated when I was seventeen.
Speaker 1: Okay, so like legally manurpated. Yeah, that's really hard to do, by the way.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just signed it. It wasn't wasn't no fight back, wasn't no nothing like that. And it wasn't though, because it wasn't on no like mcaulay coke and shit, fuck you mom and dadd It wasn't nothing like that. It wasn't like I hate you. It wasn't are you.
Speaker 1: Trying to get into college for cheaper or something like.
Speaker 2: Nah. It was because one day, one day, my mom just decides to walk in the house and say, hey, I'm moving to Georgia and not Atlanta. I'm moving to Georgia and I'm from Chicago. It's my senior year of high school. I'm I'm still playing sports. I was a big football baseball player. I'm thinking I'm still going to the NFL or the MLB. So I'm like, you're not taking me out of school my senior year to move to bumbafuck Georgia. It's not gonna happen. It's just not gonna happen. And then she was like, yep, So I quit my job. I cashed in my four oh one K and I'm putting the house on the market and we moving to Georgia. I said, nigga, where was at the time.
Speaker 1: He was there, and he was with it.
Speaker 2: He said, I'll do it if that's what she want to do. And he really did it. And I said, oh well, and I got a sister. I ain't got no other siblings. I got an older sister. I said, well, y'all, niggas are moving to Georgia nowhere.
Speaker 3: And then I was an actor already too.
Speaker 2: I was already like doing TV shows and movies and trying to really get it cracking. I'm like, man, I got an agent here. This is my senior year sports. I'm no, I'm not going nowhere. I'm getting recruited and scouts coming and I'm like, you crazy hell you think I'm gonna move to Georgia. And I said, well, y'all can go. I'm staying.
Speaker 1: And that's how did you end up moving in with your sister or something? No, I live by myself at seventeen. How are you paying for it? No? I like that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, no. So my uncle, I was lucky enough that my uncle had one of my uncles who will rename nameless for the sake of his stories. Okay, my uncle, for the sake of this story. He had a uh he had a little fun house, if you will. But he was in the streets, so it was like his little dope house. But he would but he would have fun there too. It was it was a house that his family didn't even know existed, but it was literally eight minutes away from their family hall.
Speaker 1: That's hilarious. And didn't know.
Speaker 2: Nobody, kid's wife, nobody knew.
Speaker 1: So like some guys have a man cave, he had a whole He had a whole apartment. When I hear fun house, the way you're saying it is it like he had a whole apartment with like pinball machines.
Speaker 2: And no, it wasn't that, because once again he was in the streets. So it was like it was like it was like the stash house, dope house. Like he would come over there cooking and stood up.
Speaker 1: Oh paying similar to this actually okay, okay, it.
Speaker 2: Was actually a pot similar to this for being real. So I never used to cook in there for real, didn't want to use those dishes. But yeah, so when my uncle, uh, when that happened, I called my uncle and I'm like, yo, unc they getting ready to move to Georgia, and I don't want to go? Do you can I come stay with you and I'll just drive. I'm like, I won't tell the school that I moved, so I can stay in the district. They don't make me try to like transfer. I'm like, I don't want to leave school. But he lived like forty five minutes away from the school I was going to, so I'm like, I gotta make that drive. So I had a little ninety baby blue Toyota Canry that was my little I used to call it powder blue. It was a baby blue ninety Toyota Camry damned seat belts automatically as soon as you started up coming on you closed door. One of them type of situations. It was one of them. So I had that and I just used to drive forty five minutes from one city to the other. But I lived there and he had that apartment. So he still made me pay rent, but not all of it. He just made me pay like four five hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: But and you were were you working for him to pay it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, yeah, but not like crazy. He used to have me like driving and doing a little shit I probably shouldn't have been doing.
Speaker 1: And your parents were cool. They knew that your game plan was moving with the uncle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they knew they and they were. But my pops and that was my uncle. So my pops was like, hey, be cool. And he and my pops and that was me. So he's like, hey, I know you down there with with your uncle, be cool, but mind you, Like I said, I'm two thousand miles away. They in Georgia, I'm in Chicago. And the only reason I got emancipaid it was because I was supposed to do this movie called grid Iron. You remember that movie. With the Rock where he was coaching the football team for them kids, like the Home in Jail. I was supposed to have a main role in that movie. They flew me out to La from Chicago and everything, and I was supposed to be cast as one of Lee rolls in that movie. But my mom wouldn't sign a contract because they wanted me to drop out of high school take the GED test so they can work me like an adult so I wouldn't have to be tutored on set. Yeah, all that time and waste their time. And my mama was like, oh yeah, hell no, my son, he's getting a diploma. He's not gonna get no GED and you gonna want to go to prom? You want to do this? Da da da. So she turned it down and they flew my black ass right back to Chicago like all right, brought in somebody who was of age. So when they chose to move to Georgia, that's when I said, well, hey, in case something like that happens again, and I'm about to be eighteen within a couple months, within a year, anyway, let me make that decision. Don't take no money out of my pocketing out my life, and you're not even here helping me.
Speaker 1: Now, I'm just curious. Take me back, because for a seventeen year old kid who seemed to be a dream levels of driven, like how did you start getting into acting? But like before, I mean you obviously started before the age of seventeen, Like were your parents holding your hand or did you just start hustling it on your career on your own?
Speaker 2: I just got lucky, honestly, right place, right town. I didn't want to be no actor. I didn't even know nothing about it. All I cared about was sports, and then at one point it was the streets, and then at another point it was rapping. All I cared about.
Speaker 1: How did you get the approach of acting?
Speaker 2: Yeah, so the acting thing happened. I think these low key are good. Some of them is busting, but we can let this shit a little bit. But with the acting. I just heard something on the radio in Chicago. I heard something on the radio. They was like, yo, it's some people in town looking for some young black boys that know how to play baseball. And I was like, well, shit, my mom, young, I'm black and I know how to play baseball. Take the radio saying let's do it. Yeah, And I went and it was an open call audition for a movie. And I didn't even know it was a movie. I thought it was honestly a baseball tryout because they was, you know, I'm like, it must be a hell of a traveling team if they talking about it on the radio. This shit gotta be lit. Got me, what's up? Hell of a traveling team? So I'm like, yo, moms, take me. She takes me, and then it ended up being a movie audition. I'm like, oh, well, I don't want to be in no movie. And my mama like, boy, I drove your ass about a hour away from home. You better go in there and see what the white people want. You never know, She said, you at least go see what the white people want, son, And I was like, you, you're actually right, mama. We should go see what the white people want.
Speaker 1: So let's go see what these white exactly, that's literally the conversation.
Speaker 2: Let's see what these white people want. And from there. From there, they handed me a script and was like, yo, read this, but when you read it, try to act like you're not reading it. To act like you're talking to your friends right on the baseball fields. It's just you and your friends outside.
Speaker 3: How would you say it?
Speaker 2: I was like, nigga, I would go like this. I was like, okay, great, no, love it, love it, love it. We'll be in touch. And I was like the fuck out of here. Whatever.
Speaker 1: I'm ten, I'm like, you're eleven, Okay, I'm a kid.
Speaker 2: Shit, I'm like okay, and I left. And then three months ago by and they really called like, hey, hey, this is Brian Robins with pay about were looking for Chris Laughton for the parents of Christopher Lofton. We're looking for him. Yeah, he's gonna be in a movie with the caller Reeves. Yes, yes, yes, that's right, the guy from the Matrix. Indeed, what we're gonna do here, we're gonna need a school involved. Can we get this and this and this. He's gonna be tutor. Don't you worry, man, We'll take great care of him. What I'm gonna need from you now is to do you have a fax machine or you need a fact machine? Can you get to affects me? Shine? I was like, what the fuck is going on? And then all of a sudden I was in a movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, and I've been acting ever since.
Speaker 2: And that was twenty five years.
Speaker 1: And what was your mom's initial response when she heard about.
Speaker 2: All of this. My mom was like wow, because she was like it was crazy because somebody at her job also had told her about that open call. But I guess she didn't even think nothing of it, or she had forgot, because when I mentioned it to her, I was like, man, I heard something that the radio said. After we finally get there, she was like, oh, this must be what my friend at work was telling me that I should take you too, because you played baseball. They was auditioning. He had read it in the paper and she was like, and I didn't even mention it to you. And I'm like, well, look what happened. Anyway, I heard it from myself and she took me and then that was it.
Speaker 1: So did you enjoy acting? So how old were you when you were in that movie?
Speaker 2: I filmed it audition when I was ten. We filmed it when I was eleven. It came out when I was.
Speaker 1: Like twelve, Okay, And then what was that experience? Was it good for you? It was good enough to keep pursuing, right?
Speaker 2: Yah? Yeah? No, that was the That was the greatest experience ever to me. I don't think personally, I don't think I'll ever had that much fun again, feeling anything, just for the simple fact that it was so new and so fresh, you know what I'm saying. Like I didn't know nothing, I didn't know anything, I didn't know nothing about the business, I didn't know I ain't know nothing. So to me, I don't feel like I'll ever get that experience again to where being so fresh and so new, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I heard sometimes people say that the industry can be like you're constantly chasing that high, that high of that first experience. Do you feel, well, it seems like you actually know that you'll never get that experience again. But do you ever fall into the trap of wanting to feel that high again?
Speaker 2: Uh? Okay, you want to know what's crazy. I was talking with one of my castmates from Power and we were talking about it, and we were like, bro, we had to check ourselves because it gets a little scary. I'm making yours first. You want cheese?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, yes, you're so well mannered. I'm I'm taking bad guys off camera. He would like. I opened the door and he was like, don't I'm going to I'm going to open it first and walk just for everybody to listen of how he is when the camera's not rolling. Yeah, he made sure that he held the door open. He made sure, which isn't common in LA. By the way, these guys nowadays, they watch you carry a whole house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why I ain't from LA though. So we're good. We're good. Worry about that about that?
Speaker 1: So share what was going on with your castmate in the store.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, So I was just talking to him because we was in Chicago, and I'm like, I said, I'm from Chicago, so I've been. I went with fifty on on his tour. I went to a couple of dates on the on his tour that he's doing the Final Lap tour, and Chicago my home city. Personally, I like a little bomb, just.
Speaker 1: A little you know, hilarious. I know you wasn't doing this when you was broke.
Speaker 3: You you just try.
Speaker 1: What did you just sprinkle on it? Little Italian sea, A little Italian sea.
Speaker 2: I wish it. It's cool. I was gonna get both the Italian season and the Reagano. Just give it a little bit more of a season. In the Italian season, I love this a little different, but it's cool. Let me just get it off the hot eyes. Even though they off, We're gonna just get it away because it's still a hot top, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Now we're back, so wait before we even try this, I want to hear this this conversation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so fifty, I'm in Chicago at the United Center. Like I said, I'm from Chicago, so it's dope. I'm like bro to be back in Chicago. I remember being broke his hell, couldn't get tickets to Bulls games. And like, now I'm calling the people who work for the United Center and they comping me sweets to invite twenty of my friends. And I'm really, I'm really in the United Center. Treatment like the trap, Like I'm walking through the United Center smoking backwoods. I'm like yeah, Like I'm like, boy, what walking through the back door with Jordan walking like smoking back was telling them what to do? I'm like this is crazy, right, And then fifty brings us on stage when he's performing the Power Themes on he brings like all us and a bunch of the cast on stage in Chicago, my home city. I'm lit.
Speaker 3: I'm like damn right.
Speaker 2: And then I'm talking to one of my cast mats and he was like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Dude, it's fucking scary. And I was like, right, because I knew what he was talking about.
Speaker 2: He's like, yeah, bro. When I got off the stage, it was just like, oh, yeah, that was cool. What else? Wow?
Speaker 3: And to me, that's the scary part.
Speaker 1: That's the like why is it scary point?
Speaker 2: Because to me, like I fear becoming becoming so comfortable and used to things that I once thought were the most amazing in the world. Wait you say that again, Like I fear becoming comfortable and used to things that I used to think would be the dopest and coolest thing in the world. But now, because I'm in it, I've gotten so you used to it that it just don't even hit me the same, Like feeling nothing in that moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it wasn't like, oh.
Speaker 2: My god, fifty cent brought me on on stage in Chicago at the United Center. I can't believe this. It was like, all right, cool, No, that was cool.
Speaker 1: And that's literally how it felt to you that day.
Speaker 2: In the moment, it was I think I felt more excited before I got out there, but when it actually happened, I was just like, oh, this was up and then so and then when it was over, it was just like, oh, yeah, that did happen. Hunh that was cool. You know that was cool I had Did you have fun? I had a good time. Wow, It's like, yeah, I had a good time. But because I got so fake spoiled by the experiences. And that's what scares me to me as a very slippery slope in this business, that's what keeps you to me level and even killed. You know what I'm saying, you gotta stay. Never get too high, it never get too low. I don't ever take myself or this shit too serious, because I really don't give a shit about honestly, Like, I'm not that guy. I'm not a Thesby, and I didn't go to acting school. I didn't go to college to be an actor. I don't do plays. I'm just a nigga from the West Side of Chicago that just so happens to know how to act. And I fucked around and got good at it and also fucked around and fell in love with it. So now that's the scary part, because now I like this shit.
Speaker 1: Now I would imagine that this industry can be scary too, because you're some of it is in your control and some of it isn't in your control.
Speaker 2: Well a lot of it, none of us, be honest, I don't think none of it is.
Speaker 1: So how do you handle the waves of hot and cold? I mean, I'm sure you've had hot and cold in your career.
Speaker 2: Oh My whole career was cold. It's just damn there.
Speaker 1: Noah.
Speaker 2: I've had mild successes, like I ain't gonna say that, and I've done a lot of dope shit. I gotta I got a helifire resume, but it wasn't nothing that really moved the needle for real. Like, I don't feel like I started moving the needle until I got to LA. When I got to LA, when I made that decision, I did the cliche shit one way ticket, three hundred dollars in the backpack, I'm moving to LA to be an actor. I did that shit like in real life. I did it so like I really I'm the nigga that did that done that you see on TV uh what twenty seven? Because yeah, I'm thirty five now, been out here eight years. So I came out here when I was twenty seven, And like I said, I was sleeping when I first got here, two bedroom house, faux niggas. It was already a nigga on the couch, so I couldn't get the couch. I was sleeping on the floor on the bean bag in my homies room. It's the wigger and Receider used to wake up every day, hop on the Orange line to the Red line, get off on Hollywood and Highland, standing out there on Hollywood and Highland in front of them steps, selling hoverboards.
Speaker 3: That's what I did for the first six seven months.
Speaker 2: First six seven months I was in LA I was standing out there selling goddamn hoverboards. And then my homie who I used to live with, he had he worked for Apple, the actual Apple store. And Apple actually gives a shit about their employees, apparently, because they used to give their employees like bus passes with money on it every month if you didn't have a car. But he had just recently got a car and they never stopped loading the money for him. So he was like, hey, bro, I got this little car that Apple be giving me. It's probably like a hundred something on there for bus shit. If you need to get around, you can have it, and they load that shit every month. They ain't turned it off, and I'm like, what so, nigga. I used to when I was up there selling the hoverboards and them shits, we wasn't really popping like that. I would dip down the stairs to the Hollywood and Highland stop and catch people about to go to the bus thing and bottom a little venture cars or little cards or whatever, and they putting a fifty in the machine or twenty. I'll be like, who who whoa hey, nigga, Hey, hey, I will load twenty dollars on that for you if you give me ten dollars in cash right now.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: Just so, I'm like, I know I need to buy weed. I gotta eat today. I ain't got no money. I'm not doing shit. I'm like, bro, get you putting fifty in there, Bro, give me twenty five thirty dollars. I will load it with fifty. Look, it's not a joke here. Look I'll swiping for a dollar right now. I'm not kidding. Look it works, it goes through. Look, here's a dollar car. If you don't want it, at least you got a free ride on me. And that's how I would pitch it, and I would be selling down there, standing with that with that Apple car that he gave me, catching people. And that's how I get my little, my little pocket chain. Yeah yeah, I was out there selling them damn hover boards and then you know, touristy shit on Hollywood Boulevard. So I catch them parents with their kids, and this when hoverboards are kind of first popular. Yeah exactly, this like so this is what twenty fifteen. So like I would catch them parents walking with their little kids, and I would pray on that. I'd be like, hey, I'll let your son ride around Hollywood Boulevard one time, or I'll teach him how to ride it right here, five dollars, five dollars, he can ride around the strip one time and bring it back.
Speaker 3: And I just watched him. You can't go any further than this, or.
Speaker 2: I would ride one next to him, or you wouldn't steal my shit, and just yeah wow, And I would do that, So I would like give them like rides on Hollywood Boulevard.
Speaker 1: How are you getting? Who are you selling these hoverboards for your homie?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So my homie he was he used to sell a weed, right, and I'm like I have no capital, I have no money. I'm poor. And I was like, but I'd found somebody. I basically found the plug on the scooters. I found our plug, but I just ain't had no money. I'm like, Bro, you know niggas is fucking with these schools. I was. I said, Bro, I got a lady who will give me these scooters for only like two hundred and forty dollars a school the Nigga and they was going for like five six at the time, and I'm like, bro, she'd give them to me for like two twenty two forty. But the catch is I got about ten nigga. I'm not I can't buy ten.
Speaker 3: And I said, Bro, I came by ten.
Speaker 2: He was like, nigga. I said, but Bro, I promise you I can get them bitches sold I will. I will stand outside every.
Speaker 1: Day and I'm just scarious. Did you end up like The Pursuit of Happiness where he was walking in an apartment and they was looking at the stovers like.
Speaker 2: Damn no, basically no, you want to know what's crazy? It did take me at first, it took him in it, but then once I started selling one, I sold over and over.
Speaker 3: Then it just started going.
Speaker 2: Because they got popular, but it was hard to sell them, like standing on the street because three doors down was an actual storefront that sold them. So people would always look like I was being like kind of you know what I'm saying, but I really had them. But I remember my pursuit of happiness moment though with those scooters was I remember like, because my friends used to be like, bro, you ain't scared somebody gonna try to rob you for them scooters because like I said, I'm taking the bus and trains and nigga, I would be riding one hoverboard carrying three boxes of them alone, oh my god, midnight, one in the morning, like on Hollywood and Highland, or taking it to the Orange Line carrying three scooters.
Speaker 3: Though, like I'm like, bro, shit, nigga, don't try me.
Speaker 2: You gonna try they just here. Okay, we're gonna figure out that.
Speaker 1: I thought you were gonna say. Your pursuit of happiness moment was when hoverboards all of a sudden went out of style. I remember people selling them things for like yeah facts.
Speaker 2: Now by that time I stopped doing it and got a real job. I only did that for like six eight months.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you didn't experienced the demise of them.
Speaker 3: No, not while I was still selling, like yeah, nah, like a couple.
Speaker 1: Of us got hit with oh shit, these things aren't being bought anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah. By that time, I was working at the twenty four hour Fitness in Wieling Hills. Okay, okay, I was working there.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's try this dish.
Speaker 2: Let's do it. Let's do it, let's do It's right, my first.
Speaker 1: This is my first.
Speaker 2: You ain't never had no chili dog.
Speaker 1: Shit, I think this is my first homemade chili.
Speaker 2: Dog Okay for sure, for show, Let's do it.
Speaker 1: I think I may have tried one at seven eleven before.
Speaker 2: It was terrible. No, god, I ain't had one of these in a minute, just hidden on phone them that just brought back memories, get a trigger, just like it just reminded me that all that fancy shit is cool. But I ain't even hidding like this, bro, And I don't even like for all of y'all whore gonna talk about me for eating a glizzy. Let me do this like this, What is a glazy?
Speaker 1: I thought it was the toothpick.
Speaker 2: Mm hm, No, my tooth big ain't a glitzy. This is a glizzy.
Speaker 1: This is a glizzy.
Speaker 2: This is a glizzy, but it's a chili grizzy.
Speaker 1: What does glzzy mean? A hot dog?
Speaker 2: Yeah, glizzy is a hot dog or any or any peenus shaped food, any peenus shaped food is.
Speaker 3: But really a hot dog is a glazy. But it could be an Italian.
Speaker 1: South You turned around to away from the camera because you didn't want to eat being in shape food in the camera. So let me guess when you get ice cream, you don't lick it, you bite it. I do the same. I ain't gonna lie, but I do it because you know, like I'm done already, I'm not hilarious.
Speaker 2: He didn't.
Speaker 1: That was I'm so glad we have you on camera turning away because he didn't want to put a a glizzy gzy. Saying it the other way though, because it sounds more traumatic.
Speaker 2: But I just know that with your audience, with your audience, they definitely somebody gonna say something in the comments about not y'all eating glizzies. Now he's gonna here eating a glizzy. I'body gonna say it. It's twenty twenty three. In the black community, a barbecue sucking a gzy up. I don't care in.
Speaker 3: Front of people, don't give a fuck.
Speaker 1: You literally turned your back.
Speaker 2: That's because this is for the world. If it was just for niggas, fuck him. I'm gonna eat I'm gonna eat it like a barbecue.
Speaker 1: But you don't want like a person outside of a black person. So and you eat a hot dog outside of a black person, no said at a barbecue, you don't mind eating them?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I feel like it's a very isolated event. It's a situation or it's not like on camera for the world to see and just be commented about amongst a platform.
Speaker 1: I'm never gonna forget Glizzy for the rest of my life.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised you didn't know that already hot.
Speaker 1: In your mouth in front of everybody in this room.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: And then someone's gonna be like, what's a Glizzy. I'm gonna be like, it's a food that's saved like penis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, bro. Like they be having like Glzzy cam on the internet, like if you like go on TikTok or something like that, and they be catching like they'll catch a dude eating the hot dog, and then somebody be zooming in on them, and then he'll look at the camera be like, oh I can't start laugh like.
Speaker 1: It's like no, like, yo, you got to take a bite on camera.
Speaker 2: I did. I did my first bide.
Speaker 1: I turned around, was like, so you you were saying that this is this, this can hang with the the more expensive dishes in your.
Speaker 2: Life, not necessarily hang with it. But what I'm saying is the feeling that I.
Speaker 1: Get from this red is falling apart. Is there like a time limit when you eat these?
Speaker 2: No? See I would have been ateed. We did let it sit for a while.
Speaker 1: No, I'm seeing the bread can't handle this.
Speaker 2: Oh maybe I'll put too much on your situation, but I don't know. I actually don't mind it, to be perfectly honest with you. But yeah, all right, so here you you want the own camera. It's okay. This is gonna be a mean though.
Speaker 1: You just know that you in your mouth.
Speaker 2: You can't now, you gotta relax. That's crazy. No, putting the Gleitzing in your mouth is crazy. Like, I feel like makes a camera right now? Now, that's crazy. So you ruined it. You ruin it. I was gonna do it. I was gonna do it. Let till you said that I can no longer do it. I can no longer do it. I'm gonna get this.
Speaker 1: I promise you. This is gonna be a little meme.
Speaker 2: And I'm gonna tell you if you, if you, if you refrain from using words like put the gleasing in your mouth? Pause?
Speaker 1: Can you please eat your hot dog?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'll take a bite of the hot dog of my chili dog to be more.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: While you're taking a bite, play back what I said to you.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, you ate that. You ate that glzzy pretty good. You know you know you took a nice size bite out of your glizzy. Now, you handled that glizzy pretty well. You should have never taught me that, because I promise you. Every time I see you and be like, so, how was that glazzy earlier? Oh yeah, you tearing it?
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: He annihilated that glizzy. He gonna teach a class on how to eat g lizzies.
Speaker 2: Yo.
Speaker 1: So sorry, Oh look at this, he's enjoying it. He's making sure that there's nothing spilled left. He eating and all up. And you enjoyed that glitzen Okay, back to the story, y'all. For all listeners, please like take time out your day and watch him. Make sure to post him eating the Glizzy and enjoying the Glizzy opening his mouth wide for that glaz get in about thirty bites. All right, So going back to the story. Okay, so you know we're gonna fast forward to Okay, you get emancipated. We're gonna try and find out what happened between you being emancipated and before you moved to la.
Speaker 2: Oh huh, tell me what's going on the time you got on that camera. Body, No, I'm just playing.
Speaker 1: Got like thirty minutes highlight real all right.
Speaker 2: No, So between getting emancipated in that was just like a lot of life, bro. Like I probably moved like four different times. I had. I had a very premature and early mid life crisis. What do you mean, Like I feel like most people don't start like panicking to like probably in their thirties yep or forties.
Speaker 1: I had a panic at like thirty one, Yeah, thirty thirty.
Speaker 2: Ye see my hit like maybe twenty three, twenty four my hit early because like I said, I was already acting since I was teen, and then I chose not to go to college. I had a full ride to school to play football baseball at Grammar Baseball.
Speaker 1: I thought, you loved those things I did, but I turned it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then I turned it down to keep acting.
Speaker 2: And once I found out at the time they didn't have shit like nil deals and all that, right, So then I remember sitting down with the recruiters and they told me that if I was to go to school under a scholarship to play sports, I couldn't even be in a movie that was about sports because now you're a paid athlete technically.
Speaker 1: Really, I didn't know that, yes, Okay, so.
Speaker 2: When I found that out, I said, oh, well, fuck school, Like, I can't even be a movie pretending to be a.
Speaker 1: Baseball And how consistent were you doing acting at the time when you're trying to make this executive decision.
Speaker 2: I mean, I wasn't necessarily getting booked all the time, but I had an agent. I was getting auditions all the time, so I was getting those opportunities to be in baseball, football, basketball movies. Like I was close to getting Coach Carter. But at the time, Robert Richard was the shit. He was just coming off one on one and cousin Skeeter all that shit like he was the man. So he ended up getting that role of Samuel Jackson Son even though he likes geting with green Eyes and Samuel Jackson Black as the fuck didn't make any sense, but it made sense then, you know what I'm saying. But I was up for that movie. So I was thinking like that, like, bro, I almost got Coach Carter, I almost got gritind Gang, And now y'all telling me I can't even do a sports movie. And if I go to cop what fuck y'all?
Speaker 1: And what were your parents thinking when you made that decision?
Speaker 2: My mom at first didn't like it, but but she just trusted me, I guess. But I made it hard for it though, because I didn't live a very comfortable life. So that's pretty much what took place from from then, from the emancipation up until your parents.
Speaker 1: Aren't like helping you out, sending you some money at.
Speaker 2: The time or no. See, my people, my people broke. My people backwoods.
Speaker 1: Missing They moved to Georgia, right.
Speaker 3: Not Atlanta, Georgia. They in the country.
Speaker 1: What were they doing out there?
Speaker 2: They just living and working?
Speaker 1: Okay, So so you're out there and they're just calling and checking in on you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they just calling and checking out. Like see, I'll be wishing. You know how people say like, man, you know my family, my parents, they only just give me money. They throw money at problems, and it'd be like, damn, I wish my parents could throw some money at a problem. Nigga, I wish right, the right please, I'll come pick it up. But it's easier easy for me to say because I didn't have that. So for the people who have the money but they don't have the love that my family will give or the support because I know my mom and dad let the shit out my black ass and they still married. I don't come from no broken home, none of that crazy shit, so that's dope. But for me, it was just a lot of moving around. So I lived in Chicago. I stayed there. Then I left Chicago once the mid life crisis happened, a little early midlife crisis. I moved to Mississippi for a year. Like I was living in Jackson, Mississippi, because I was like, bro, I don't know how to do shit but act and play sports, right, because that's where my family is from, and I got cousins and all that shit down there, and I was.
Speaker 1: And how old are you then, Like nineteen okay, so you.
Speaker 2: Moved there, yeah, like nineteen twenties. And then I say, I'm like, bro, I went to Mississippi, and I'm just like, bro, I don't know how to do nothing but act and play sports. I need to learn something else that they got shited to do with this industry at all. And I went down there and worked for my cousin who own a marketing and printing company, and I learned everything about marketing and printing, and like, you know, now I still got brokeer weights on, like everything I know about satin lamination and UV gloss and all that shit.
Speaker 3: I know all that shit.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 3: Because because of that, you.
Speaker 1: Also learned like like kind of how to be an entrepreneur and all that too.
Speaker 2: Uh nah. That just kind of came because I used to like be in the streets. So like I still yeah, like I used to be in the streets, and I kind of just I feel like my approach to the active industry was I looked at it like a rapper or a drug dealer. I didn't look at it like an actor because I never looked at myself like an actor, So I didn't I didn't.
Speaker 3: Approach the industry with that mindset.
Speaker 2: I approached it like, Okay, I'm a I'm a rapper and I'm trying to sell an album or I'm trying to sell a mixtape, or I'm a rapper trying to sell some dope, and like I'm you know what I'm saying. So like that's how I looked at it, And that's just kind of how I learned the entrepreneurial stuff, because like you got to kind of have an entrepreneurial spirit when you're sitting on some stuff that you need to get sold, even like you know what I'm saying. So the spirit just came through life and and with me, I moved so many places, so I felt like that taught me how to talk to different people from walks to life because I did grow up in Chicago, but my family's so country in Mississippi that they raised me with country morals and values and all my family and cousins are hell of country. So I can talk to country people and I can be up north. And then I lived in Louisiana, I lived in Atlanta, I lived in Mississippi. I lived in California. I lived in New Orleans for a little small period of time, so I know so many people from everywhere, and I can talk to different crowds. My mom always used to say, you got to be able to have a conversation with the president and a gang member, And I feel like I can and both of them gonna look at me like I know what I'm talking about, And I like that.
Speaker 1: There's some good life skills right there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I can hold a conversation with the CFO the CEO, and we can talk about our stock options, and we can talk about trading options, and we can talk about how Tesla's down thirty percent this quarter. We can talk about all that shit, my nigga, and I know what I'm talking about. We can talk about the bear market and all that.
Speaker 1: Are you reading? So my friends make fun of me. I still wake up in the morning and I click on Yahoo dot com and my friends are like, oh, yeah, you're ridiculous, but you're actually I'm you just trying to stay a little bit into with the news, or I'll go on Google News.
Speaker 2: You don't have a Twitter, huh, I don't beah how to use my iPhone?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, see.
Speaker 2: That's why that's why you think you need to go on Yahoo. If you have Twitter, you wouldn't need that. Twitter is the news. Twitter is seeing the news. Twitter is everything you need from CNN, MSNBC, the new X I see. Yes, yeah, Twitter is my news.
Speaker 1: I don't know how do you get the news on there?
Speaker 2: Just if you're following people?
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's how you're keeping up.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: If it wasn't for Twitter, I wouldn't know.
Speaker 2: Shit.
Speaker 3: I never type in Yahoo. My my email is still y'all.
Speaker 1: I mean they literally are like, don't need to say that word.
Speaker 2: I still got the Yahoo email address like a hood nigga, but I'm still got the Yahoo. I ain't switched over, but nah, I don't actually type Yahoo in my search bar and go there and look at anything.
Speaker 3: It's I I learned damn near everything. Twitter or TikTok is the news.
Speaker 2: You don't need.
Speaker 1: So what made you leave Messissippi?
Speaker 2: Oh? Because it was just a you know, it was just a means to end. It was just like, all right, cool, got it, got what I need from here trying to get the fuck on I needed.
Speaker 1: And your next step was back to Chicago.
Speaker 2: No, my next step after I left Mississippi was I went back to Atlanta real quick, got my bearings, and then I started Georgia.
Speaker 3: I went to Atlanta. This time, I left them niggas in Georgia.
Speaker 2: I went to Atlanta, and then that's when I ended up doing like little cameos on Uh. I did single Ladies, I did the Game. I did like a couple commercials down there in Atlanta. I did the Tyler Perry movie Meet the Browns down there in Atlanta. Stayed there for a minute, and then when I got tired of Atlanta again, I went back to Chicago.
Speaker 3: And that's when I got like Empire.
Speaker 2: In Chicago, Fire, Chicago PD, all of that shit, a couple more of other movies, and then yeah, then I was like Okay. After I felt like I did everything in Chicago, I was like, bro, I gotta go to La. I'm tired of these niggas only picking me for some ship that's one episode, two episodes.
Speaker 1: And then like, and you're living off the money, are you able to lift the money?
Speaker 2: No? No? No, Like Bro, I was done, did everything from unscammed so weed, I undrove dope across you know.
Speaker 3: I did everything to try to make money, and even when.
Speaker 1: I came while you were enough to like suffice or was it that it was enough to suffice and you weren't managing your money?
Speaker 3: Well, no, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: It wasn't enough to suffice because at this time when all of that was happening, I wasn't even smart enough or knew better, because when you know better, you do better. I didn't know better to have like an LLC escorp. And I always said that because this was then, and I always said that I was never gonna try to play that game unless I was a series regular, because if not, what's the point. What's the point of trying to cut corners if they're only paying you three thousand anyway, like nigga, just let the taxes get taken out, going about your business.
Speaker 1: Now looking back, and you said you would you have done the escorp sooner.
Speaker 2: Or no, I wouldn't have, but I probably would have managed it a little better. But it wasn't much like during those days. Yeah, during those days, No, I'm just getting little co stars, a little guest star, little something like that. You can't live off.
Speaker 1: That was it enough to keep you going and not quit? Or was there every points where you thought about quitting.
Speaker 3: No, I never thought about quitting.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought like, God, damn, what am I doing a couple of times, and that's when I said, like that crisis kind of hit in because at that time, I'm like, I'm seeing everybody that went to high school with them, niggas.
Speaker 3: They went to college, they got.
Speaker 2: Degrees, they either had kids or they getting married, or they bought a house.
Speaker 3: These niggas got cars and minds.
Speaker 2: You nigga, I'm I'm cout surfing carless, suspended license, ain't got no money like I'm nigga. I'm stealing out of Walgreens and stealing cigarettes out of gas stations and shit, I'm like, bro, what am I doing? Yeah, y'all niggas is like starting over all trying to pursue this one dream all because I want to be an actor and I'm just not trying to go get a job because I ain't never want to get stuck in it. So for me, that that was, Yeah, that was what it was.
Speaker 1: Did you ever get I like to call it like high on your own supply in regards to like when you book a gig where you like, man, I'm.
Speaker 2: The man, like you know you Oh you just never kept it.
Speaker 1: Yeah no, never, bro, you feel like that's not the goal, is the series regular or the bigger The goal until.
Speaker 2: I got a series regular was to get a series regular, and now once I got a series regular, it's to get my own show or lead in the feature like it's gonna always keep going. But yeah, no, it was never enough to be like, oh I'm the man, like it was enough to show me like it gave me those pieces like a nigga, you're not crazy, you're not delusional, like you really can do this shit? All right? Cool?
Speaker 1: And you had agents, I'm sure yeah, were there was there anyone in particular that was in your ear like, look, don't be looking at cause I think like this, And I was telling Mark behind the camera or this like it's hard I think even for me now when I see like, Okay, this person has success or or this is the genre that's getting the attention is what I'm doing. Maybe maybe this isn't the time or place. Maybe I should pause. Do you have Did you have someone when you were kind of possibly going through thoughts in your mind that was constantly like do not quit, like and who was that person?
Speaker 2: For you. Oh yeah, bro, I had like pretty much all my friends was like that, and like I've been like that my whole life because I think I've been acting for so long that I was the one, especially in Chicago, because because Chicago.
Speaker 3: Is real like gang culture, you know.
Speaker 2: So even when I was in high school, everybody used to like look at me and tell everybody else, like, hey, bro, y'all leave hard bought the fuck Alan man like he with us, Like y'all don't nobody fuck, Like, couldn't nobody fuck with me? And I was like one of the only people who could. I could be over here with this gang and then be over there with this gang, and then be over there with the Mexican gang, and they all fuck with me because I'm the actor nigga. So it was like everybody kind of took on that responsibility. It's kind of like when there's a good basketball player football player in the hood and the whole neighborhood is like, boy, you better get your ass, stop hanging with them, Go go there, go to practice, go do this.
Speaker 3: So like for me, it was like a community thing.
Speaker 2: Ever, everybody did that because they like, nigga, were you you from the hood, You in a movie, bro you. It was kind of sometimes felt like a double life, Like I'll be riding around in a car, car spicy as hell, four five niggas that I probably should be in a car with niggas probably got guns and whatever else in the car, smoking, chilling. I get a phone call, that's my agent.
Speaker 3: I'm like, Yo, nigga, shut the fuck U shut fuck up, shut the fu try shot off. Nigas, shup the fuck off. Turn the fucking shit off. Niggas heard the fuck wad beat your mother fucking ast.
Speaker 2: Hey, Hey, hey Amy, how are you? Yeah? Yeah, no, everything's fine. Sorry sorry sorry, hold on, let me roll the window up. Yeah yeah, uh three point thirty ten West Tyber Sure sure, sure, yeah, all be there, Okay, I'll check my email. I'm ready, all right, bye, all right. Nigga's god, damn nigga you play your.
Speaker 1: Did they ever like mimick you? Because I feel like if I was in that car and be like, okay, Amy, like.
Speaker 2: The cold switch was crazy y back then it was crazy.
Speaker 1: Let me roll the window up.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was like, I can't, I can't really hear you. I'm honestly, I'm getting a bad signal.
Speaker 1: I think the area why you and your mom like prepared you for this. But like your switch up game was, it's remarkable.
Speaker 3: I wasn't even really trying there, Nigga, don't let me.
Speaker 1: Get to the way you did the switch up. You painted that scene and then literally answered that call like that's.
Speaker 3: How that's literally that shit used to happen so much.
Speaker 2: Like I'm talking about, bro, we listened in the Gucci man fucking whatever riding in the middle West Side Chicago through the hoods agent call shut.
Speaker 1: Now, when you deal with your agents, are you able to show all of you? Or do you still have to be you know, white?
Speaker 2: Well, now, I'm so lucky. I got so lucky and so blessed. My manager. He's white and Jewish and dope, and he's one of my best friends. And he's one of my best friends. That's what I'm saying, so like with him, I mean, that's still I guess certain things because I ain't I ain't stupid, So there's still certain things that I just ain't gonna say to him. But I'm comfortable enough to say whatever, Like I text nigga to my white manager.
Speaker 1: Really, yes, I do that. My white family sometimes just to see I do it all the time, Like I do.
Speaker 3: It all the time.
Speaker 2: Like I'll be like, uh yeah, no, no more nigga movies for me, That's what I tell him. I'll be like, I'm like, I did one nigga movie this year. That's enough. Like I can't, I can't do anymore, Like you know what I'm saying. Like I say things like that to him, Like and then my my agent, I actually have a black agent. I'm with AP A. Well now they change their name to I A G. But uh it was APA. They just changed their name. But my point person is a black man, so like me and that we on the phone line, I'm like, bro, don't don't play with me, bro, Like that's what I'm talking to him, Like, bro so playing with me? Bro, Like that's why I talk to my agent at APA like, bro, don't don't don't play with me? Bro.
Speaker 1: So do you feel like in the industry when it comes to the black actors and actresses, do you feel like there's like there's that group that they kind of rotate through and then maybe if one falls out, then they slide. Like the opportunities are I want to say, more limited and kind of like this is the group that the industry supports and this and if one of these guys mess up, maybe they'll be room.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, for sure for show. I believe that's how it goes. But I also I also am kind of like for as pessimistic as I am, I'm also kind of the same amount of optimistic.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying, If that makes sense.
Speaker 1: You actually don't come off pessimistic.
Speaker 2: A little bit.
Speaker 3: I kind of am, but I'm not.
Speaker 1: You know, you just try very hard to keep it even killed. It's almost like someone that doesn't want to get their hopes up to get it popped exactly.
Speaker 2: And I've been let down so much. I've been on so many shows that got canceled or pilots that didn't get picked up and all, like I just chill now, like it just is what it is until the Ink Drive.
Speaker 3: None of this shit is real. That's how I feel.
Speaker 2: So I just what was your original question?
Speaker 1: Damn, I don't remember.
Speaker 3: I just forget that quick.
Speaker 2: I just forgot.
Speaker 3: But Chili Dogs, gzz Glizzies and.
Speaker 1: Glizzies was good. Damn you should have never mentioned the Glizzies. Man, I'm gonna name your episode Glizzy Time.
Speaker 2: No, we can't do that. I can't be a part of the Glazy Time episode.
Speaker 1: You really won't let me do it.
Speaker 2: I can't be a part of it. I can't say g Lizzy Time episode is crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't Glizzie dog. I think that's why worse.
Speaker 2: I don't know. That's crazy being able to google Christy Lofting and Glizzy together and something pops up. It's crazy. I don't want. I don't. I don't want that in my life.
Speaker 1: Be a good meme.
Speaker 2: Just going like hell no, no, I was saying.
Speaker 1: I think what I was trying to find out is if there was like is the way the industry works? Is there like little that's what you said, Like, is there a smaller window opportunities for.
Speaker 2: I definitely feel like they got their I call them safe niggas. They got they they got they token safe niggas, And I felt like that was always my thing. I always felt like I wasn't the safe nigga, Like I'm not the I'm not the most handsome nigga with the dimples and the pretty pearly white teeth with no tattoos, no piercings and shit, like I get it. I'm not the safest nigga. Like you know what I'm saying, Like I always use the example my boy Mike B. Jordan is safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah I was. I was gonna say. Sometimes there are some people, like there's the upper coomer that shout out to Ron Taylor like no one really knows about him, but I in the back of my mind it sounds really messed up, and I'm like, he's that safe nigga that like he could get a lot of book rolls because there's like the unfortunately for black men you have. You know, the the world has painted black men in such a and such an image that I feel like when it comes to block booking black man, you have you have your ones that look unsafe and the ones that look safe, and the ones that look and when I say safe, it's literally like the stereotypical imagine what a white person would be comfortable sitting at their table. That's what I mean when I say safe, not like, you know, like unsafe would be you know, the black guy that you imagine with the white girl's daughter and he's like, oh, you know, like it's I'm trying to get everyone that's not black to understand. Yeah, but I do feel like when I see a black guy in the industry pursuing acting or comedy or whatever, and I'm like, I'm like, yo, that one could definitely book a lot of roles because he looks like safe. He's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's safe, the pearly white TV dimples.
Speaker 1: And then you get and then you and those guys, I feel like, I don't know if they get booked more because they appear safe. Also off camera, are they like more politically correct?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it'd be all of that. But at the same time, sometimes they be good, but sometimes they don't. Like So that's what I mean by I'm like, I try not to be as pessimistic as optimistic, but it's like sometimes a lot of these people do get the jobs because they're just safer choices.
Speaker 1: Like you know what I'm saying, and your choice is off camera, you mean, or safe both.
Speaker 2: Even on camera on screen because a lot of times, a lot of times the casting director or the douce or the director or writer may want you, the unsafe nigga, They might want me, But the studio on the network who got to sign the check to provide the funds for this project is like I don't know, and he's like a no, not a household name either. So if you take two niggas who are not household names, make them even in that regard, but one is safe and one is it and you got to invest your money.
Speaker 1: And it's it's based on the look safe or is it based on the way they carry themselves.
Speaker 3: It's a combination.
Speaker 2: You're to be like, hello, yeah, it's a combination of both. Because like I know, like every time you testing for a role or you're getting real close, they call it testing.
Speaker 3: You made it to that step of the audition process.
Speaker 2: My agents are always called me and they be like, hey, be careful whatever you're posting, maybe on your story this week, because you know, Business Affairs is.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah yeah, He's like, yeah, whatever, hey this week.
Speaker 2: You know we're close, we're close on that thing, so be be careful what you're posting because Business of already reached out and they're on and out contracts, and that's when they be having like their securities department and team like scrubbing our social medias, like they scrub them shits. People think they don't they scrub them shits up for these roles. Bro, They scrubbing them. They definitely scrubbing them. So like that's so.
Speaker 1: That's what I mean through there and then and damn, that's gotta be a get hard for comics that are trying to get into comedy too, I mean getting into acting, because they probably put that stuff up. That's like a little crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they scrubbing.
Speaker 1: I'm half Jewish and half Jamaican. When I started my first company, it was a magazine shout outs to the Nick Cannon. We were partners for like ten years. I remember my grandfather when I first moved from New York. He w'd always it was go to me, now, Coleen, when you get out there, just whatever you do, don't speak that you bonics and like that was his thing. Like I'd be like, grand but don't worry, like you know, I know how to turn it on and all.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: You know, I just talk like this to secretly make you all uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they get a high just from making them like uncomfortable.
Speaker 2: That's what I always tell people. I said, I'm smarter than I look. I just dressed this way. Yeah.
Speaker 1: But growing up in a black household, your parents are constantly preparing you for when you're getting hated on for no reason, constantly forgiving and you know, making sure that you're so above par that there's no room for error. And even when I work with clients, and I definitely try my hardest, when I'm spending white people money to book more black people, I'm always like, y'all can't show up late because one we're gonna look related and they're gonna think I'm hugging up the homies. Right technically I am, but you know, but you know, we don't. We don't have an opportunity. We don't have two chances. We only have one. So if you show up late, or you look out of place, so you smell a certain way, like that's it. All of a sudden, those white people are so uncomfortable. They're like, can you send us out to bed and get us some more options? And you know, you send an invoice over and it's like, well, is it really supposed to be this amount?
Speaker 2: Exactly?
Speaker 1: And so you know, I understand the gig, but I just remember, you know, for years, my grandfather being so scared that when I wasn't with him, I was going to speak you bonys far from real for real, But but I get that game. But I was always curious, like as far as an actor, like that's gotta be frustrating. I like the way, uh I saw a club of Gabrielle Union, Like how the black women in the industry kind of started sticking together mm hm and they would be like, okay, cool, I have to turn down this role for this price, and they all started sticking together and that brought their value up. Do the black men do the same, uh?
Speaker 2: I don't you know. I wouldn't know. I wouldn't know if they do that. But I feel like I got a like strong little band and team of brothers that I feel like when one when one rises, we lifting, you know. And I don't know as far as like they standing in solidarity as far as like they money, Like hey, my boy only making da da da da da and he's making da da da da da. I think they would, and I know they do when they're on the same projects, like I know they do, Like if it's if it's two black dudes and yeah, I'm making this amount, but you're only making this they will, But I don't think they're giving a damn, Like if you're doing your own movies and shows and I make this much, but you make that over there, because that's all subjective and it's all relative.
Speaker 1: Do you ever feel like you can fully be comfortable on sets or do you still feel like, Okay.
Speaker 3: I'm comfortable.
Speaker 2: I'm comfortable on sets, but they're still Like I said, there's still just certain it's a time and place for everything. There's still certain shit. I'm not gonna do certain shit. I'm not gonna say certain niggas. Can't come. No, you can't come home, can't come on set. Yeah, you can't come on set. You're not coming to my trailer. No, no, no, like you know what I'm saying. So I feel like just a dose of Chris is enough. They don't need, they don't need the added extra invited niggas. Just one nigg enough. Let me know I'm cool, and I just feel like, yeah, I can be myself. But it's just still time and place for everything. Certain shit I ain't gonna do.
Speaker 1: Now. The first time you book your first series regular, take me back to the exact moment that tell me the whole scene, tell me the whole feeling, the thoughts leading up to when you booked it.
Speaker 2: My first series regular, I won't forget it. I was at the Columbia Records Building. They were having a party in the back or whatever, the Columbia Records Building. I remember Migos was on stage performing and my agent called to tell me that I booked that series regular and I had to go to Vancouver for like two months to film the shit. What was the name of it it was called at the time, it was called The Mission. It was a cop show on ABC. I was playing a cop, me and Wood Harris like he was like playing my lieutenant.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I have a weird crush on him. Since I was like twelve, Yeah, since I was.
Speaker 2: A little girl, I'm gonna show you a picture of me.
Speaker 1: Crush, Like, he doesn't even look like a guy you would have a weird crush on. But since I was like nine, i'd be like, yo, he's so hot and I would be like, what's wrong with you?
Speaker 2: What that guy? Man?
Speaker 1: But I would be a little girl like it's not weird, but that's a random side note that nobody knows.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it. I just I remember getting that call and I took off running down Hollywood Bullvard like I got out the party because I couldn't hear I'm like, wait, what did you say. She was like, you did it, babe, you booked it, babe. I was like, Susan Stuff fucking That was my manager at the time, Susan Zachary. I was like, Susan stuff fucking playing with me. Susan stopped playing with me. She was like, no, I'm not babe. If you booked it, babe, I'm so happy for you. You got it, you got bro. I took off fucking darting down Hollywood Boulevard just crying. Bro.
Speaker 3: That was the first series regular I booked.
Speaker 2: I never forget that. And then it was it was the.
Speaker 1: First person you called after my mom of course, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, my first person with my mama. Yeah, guy, I ain't even had no girl at the time. First person was my mama. That was definitely it.
Speaker 3: And then yeah that was that was that man. I never forget that day, definitely, And I.
Speaker 2: Remember because it felt fitting because it was in Hollywood on the Walk of Fame, and I was like, bro, I'm at the Capitol Records Building at an event getting a call about I was like, I felt like an actor in that moment. I was like, bro, I'm watching migos perform at some private Spotify party, get a phone call from my agent eight nine o'clock at night, tell me I just bood a series regular on an ABC show and I got to move to Vancouver next week. I was like, I felt like a fucking actor. Like, yeah, it's only certain things that make me. It'd be certain moments where I felt like an actor actor. I think there's been three times in my life where I was like, nigga, I feel like an actor, and that was one of them. The other one was I booked that same show that I was in Vancouver doing. I was on Ballers at the time. So once Ballers found out that I booked a series regular and I wasn't a series regular on Ballers, I was just a recurring guest star. Then it was like HBO and ABC was having like a dick measuring contest about basically who owns my black ass. It was funny. It was like kind of cool to be a part of because they was calling each other back and forth like oh, yeah, well Chris is in Vancouver, Well we need him in LA and they were like, well, I'm like, bro, I'm not even in the episode five and they were like, yeah you are. Then they're going back rewriting. Shit. Now I'm in episode five. I wasn't even in the episode. And then they're like, Okay, you can have Chris, but you can't cut his hair because his hair belongs to us. Like it was shit, like reason, real conversation and they was like, you can't cut his hair.
Speaker 3: His hair belongs to us.
Speaker 2: So I remember, I woke up in Vancouver shooting that pilot where I was a series regulars. I filmed for the day and they came as soon as I was done filming. They took me in the trans bo van to the airport in Vancouver, flew me back to LA. I landed in la They picked me up from Lax in the trans bo van, took me to set a Ballers. I filmed one scene and then they took me straight back to the airport in the trans bot van.
Speaker 3: To go back to Canada.
Speaker 1: I would have felt legit.
Speaker 3: I felt like an actor.
Speaker 1: I felt like an actor house.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, I'm an actor, and then the other last time I felt like a real actor, and I feel like this, you can never can you really call yourself an actor if you never had sex at the Soho House. I just feel like, yeah, Soho house, you you got to get free, get the sold house at least once.
Speaker 1: If you makes you, I feel like, why is that?
Speaker 2: I just it's just my thing.
Speaker 3: I can't speak for everybody else.
Speaker 2: I don't know who else feels as well. You don't know what the so Ho Bless your heart. See you one of the good ones. You are one of the good ones. See women like you deserve the world. You don't even know. You don't even know what highlight room is? Do you feel No, that's great? These are good things. You don't know where it is. You don't know what Berrys is. Do you know what Berryes is? Yes? Oh my god, you're somebody's wife. You just need to go ahead and get married. Get the hell out of California. I don't know that that's a great thing. You don't know what Soho house is. You don't know what Berry's is. That means you don't know what Habibi's is. You don't know what highlight room is. All the places where the hose go you don't know where it is. And that's great.
Speaker 1: Oh that's where the hose go. You mean the hot girls, I mean the house, I mean the house.
Speaker 2: Actually, sometimes they hot holes, but they hose nonetheless.
Speaker 1: Oh are those like strip clubs?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, so okay, So I don't know where I'm guessing these are either fly spots or whatever. But they're all in l a damn almost be living under a freaking.
Speaker 2: Soho house is the vibe. That's the little members only you know, so you've heard, you've heard of sound. It's the little members only ship for entertainers. It's like a restaurant mall.
Speaker 1: I'm not in. I am not in the membership just o case y'all thought I was cool or in, I'm officially not now. I'm definitely google so whole house. I'm whole house. I know, I've heard, I heard it.
Speaker 2: I got to be a member.
Speaker 1: I gotta get a membership or you have to.
Speaker 3: Be with somebody who is a member, and you can be that guest.
Speaker 2: But otherwise, you know, you can't.
Speaker 3: You can't just walk in like that, got it?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But yeah, I just feel like, you know, they got a nice little theater room in there with like the beds and ship that.
Speaker 1: Wait, how are you able to have sex in there?
Speaker 2: Hey? That's a way. I'm here to tell you that.
Speaker 1: So that's why I'm here to tell you.
Speaker 2: That's why I say you ain't really an actor? How how deep are you in this actor ship? If you ain't did that before, I'm going to And it's got to be the Beverly Hills one on, it don't count. If it ain't the we Hole on, it don't count. I feel like it's the one you know where? What's it? What steak house? Is that Boa? Is that it's in the building that is in It's right behind Boa where that parking garage.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think I've ever been in there, that's what does. Yes, I think I've been there.
Speaker 3: Not a rooftop, but it's got a roof area.
Speaker 2: It's like like you have to go up.
Speaker 1: You know, I've never been there. I'm not even gonna try and pretend I ain't cool enough yet. But yet is the key word. I don't know if I'm ever going to have sex in the soul. I don't think that will ever be off my bucket list.
Speaker 2: I mean, you know, you know the actress nor was an actor.
Speaker 1: What if I wanted to be an actress?
Speaker 2: Though?
Speaker 1: Then you have to have sex in the h feel legit? No, it's a woman.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, as a woman. No, that's crazy. But I'm just saying I get it. You know, you don't have to have those aspirations. And I'm not telling other actors to have those aspirations. I'm just talking about for me because I'm a little crazy.
Speaker 1: So you you was legit after you had sex in the Soho House.
Speaker 2: Not necessarily saying that I was legit, but in that moment I really felt like an actor. And the reason why is because I just left set a snowfall, like we were just so happened to be filmings right by Soho House. And then I was with my cast mate and we, like damn bro were about to rap early. I didn't think we was gonna be done this early. And he was like, nigger, we close to sol. You want to go to Soho House? And he was like yeah, and he's like, man, I'm to tell a couple holes to pull up the so house. And I was like, this is beautiful, let's go. The d get are crazy, But the only crazy dms are from the undesirables. It's never the it's never the bad ones who're gonna say some wild ship. It's the one I wouldn't touch anyway of course she has the balls to say some wild ship because I would never you know what I'm saying, Yeah, but I would never. So it's like good for you, but but but yeah, like no, So to me, I just feel like because of the different walks of life. Like like I said, I did the star of the football baseball team, I was that guy. I was the in the streets and girls like that little hood.
Speaker 1: It's not it doesn't trip you up at all.
Speaker 2: Nah nah. And I was in a relationship for three and a half years. So the whole time I've been on Power, I was in a relationship. I'm just now getting single. So like some now.
Speaker 1: Relations welcome to freedom, right, Nigga, tell me about it?
Speaker 2: Tell me about for real that man, Like that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: I'm like Jesus, like what like I said.
Speaker 2: So, the whole time I've been on Power, filming it on TV everything, I've been in a relationship.
Speaker 3: This is my first time being single and we do strike.
Speaker 1: So Lord, now, speaking of the strike, I just want to touch on it really briefly. How have you been dealing with that and how has it been affecting.
Speaker 2: You dealing with it? Oh? Man, it's never in in battle for show. But I'm trying to just stay busy. That's why I'm over here. I was talking to you like a crazy person about my boyfriend kn't cook. I'm like, oh yeah, and then I'm gonna do this and I'm gonna do this.
Speaker 1: Came up with it during the strike.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, during the strike. We've been on strike since April.
Speaker 1: I love the idea.
Speaker 2: I'm like, yeah, like, that's what I like. So I've been doing it like that and writing. I directed my Homies music video, I'm directing more, I'm writing more. I'm just trying to stay.
Speaker 1: Busy and stay creative. And then your pockets like hurting? Are you?
Speaker 2: Oh? Hell yeah? Business are in existent.
Speaker 1: At this literally talking about like actors going to get real jobs now, have you considered it?
Speaker 2: Hell no?
Speaker 1: Why?
Speaker 3: Just like it ain't that deep?
Speaker 2: Luckily, luckily for me number one, I always said I said this. When the strike happened, I said, oh well, thank god, I was only a nigga with my money and not a nigger with my money. Huh. I only did I only did some nigga things with my money. I ain't do like I would enact like a nigger. Strong r I didn't do that, and like yeah, no, no, no, no no, Like I'm on buying rolexes and bust downs, like I bought this rolex with Tesla options. See, niggas wouldn't think that, they would think Power did this. Like, no, nigga, I sold. I sold a couple of Tesla options and bottle rolex like.
Speaker 1: You were moving, you were very good with your money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I didn't even buy a car, my nigga, because I was always like the whole time filming Power, I'm like, bro, which one of these scripts I'm gonna open and Gen is dead? I'm like So I was always like, is that how it happens?
Speaker 1: When they kill?
Speaker 2: You? Don't know? They tell you like an episode before, like if you die in episode seven while you filming episode six, they'll call you like, hey, such and such wants to meet with you.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be called you You're about to die next episode.
Speaker 2: Fuck. So I was just waiting on that. I lived my whole Jesus I would in that space, so like nigga, So I'm not spending money thinking like bro, this might be the last one.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: They probably gonna kill Gnor And they got me being the villain. I'm like, oh, hell no, I'm probably gonna die. Let me save these checks.
Speaker 1: So you save and invest and then you yeah, guessing you live on a strict budget.
Speaker 2: I'm cheap. I ain't gonna say I live on a strict budget because I do a lot of things that are not conducive of being cheap and frugal I do.
Speaker 1: Why do you say cheap? I hate that. I know a lot of people do business smark, No, I wouldn't say that. That's example, like like the Oscar Meyer example you gave, Like.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, that's cheap.
Speaker 1: That's how you are.
Speaker 2: Yes, Like, I'm not buying that. And I don't give a damn if I got three hundred thousand on my account. I'm not buying that.
Speaker 1: You're hilarious.
Speaker 2: I'm not. But I will spend two three hundred dollars on weed every two days. I do stupid shit like that.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I'm not You got the nigga, but the nigga.
Speaker 2: You see what I'm saying. Like you get it now, Like I'm like, I'm not buying I've never bought a first class that's flight with my own money. Really don't do it. I refuse.
Speaker 3: I don't mind, nigga, I don't mind being a nigga in seventeen C.
Speaker 2: That's okay with me because I know when I get off this plane, I guarantee about eighty five percent of your niggas on this plane are not about to have the time I'm gonna have when I get off. I'm gonna see you same niggas who sitting in seat two A standing in line that Dres can't get in while I'm walking in.
Speaker 1: You're hilarious.
Speaker 2: I'll seat eighteen D just walking past two A. Look at you trying to wave. Hey you sit at the guy that we were on the plane with. Yeah, bitch, hey two A. I'm in here though.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this, I don't. I have a two year old I recently obviously it's two. She's two years old. And what I've learned in my short time of being a mom is that when you're under high stress situations. Now I'm all about if I travel with baby, it has to be the most comfortable situation because it makes my patience last.
Speaker 2: Okay, you know what I'm saying, Like, like, if she.
Speaker 1: Has a some crazy something going wrong, I'm like, you know what yeah, I'm in comfort. Uncomfortable. It just heightens the situation. So now I'm like, AMX delta points da da da, like make sure that if she is with me, comfort is the key. And I used to even when I travel to like New York, I'm about to go there soon, I used to be like, Okay, who am I staying with? Who's car? Can I borrow? Now I'm like, look, we're all adults. If you don't really like house guests, that's okay. I'd rather have a relationship with you than leave your enemy, you know exact, Rather sleep and comfort, it's worth peace. And now I'm like at the point where I used to be super cheap. Right now, I'm like, you know what, it's cheap, but it's also like peace of mind. Trump's cheap now yeah, no.
Speaker 2: Definitely definite peace of mind. So I'll pay, I'll pay to have a piece of mind. But it's just certain shit I'm just not gonna do. And then I've been spoiled by so much, like people buy my flights, I'm not. I can't imagine spending my own money on that shit.
Speaker 3: Like you like no, no, no, Like, so you're not booking this for me?
Speaker 2: Like I gotta do this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm not like get that.
Speaker 2: That's why I don't buy bottle service, because like I get paid to go to the club thousands of dollars. So it's like you want me to wait in line and give you money, yeah, and pay for a bottle get that and take my hat off, Like no, nigga, I'll walk through the back and y'all give me five to ten thousand just for being here, Like no, no, no, no, no, I understand. I can never. I can't imagine, Like it's like, yeah, so like I don't fuck with none of that.
Speaker 1: I understand. There was a point where Chipotle sponsored my magazine for like years, and I would get like free Chipotle cards and like stacks of them. They were like little baseball cards. I give them out on tour. But of course all the friends I'd be like, yo, stack for you, stack for you. And then when those cards eventually ran out, nobody when I say none of my friends could ever go to Chipotle again, because they were like, we've been eating Chippotle for five years straight. You think we ever gonna buy a burrito exactly ever again? And they were like we can never.
Speaker 2: I can never buy that that shit free, bro, Like, that's what fucked me up with. That's why I think that was the hardest thing to get out of. Like when I used to be around all my scammer friends back in Chicago, it was so hard to get back to a life where things actually costed money or your money, you know what I'm saying. I was like Jesus, like, Nigga, how much were groceries? I was like, Nigga, I'm damn for the call you're getting, brough, can you swipe for this? Like, swipe for this shit please?
Speaker 1: Like I get it.
Speaker 2: I forgot how much food calls because I was so used to getting in ubers for free and getting like groceries delivered on Instacar, and all this shit was used to be free back in the day when I was with my scammer friends, and realizing how much the shit costs when you're using your own money.
Speaker 1: It's like Jesus, first of all, every time I go to the grocery store, I'd be flabbergasts that I spend. Promise you, I spend almost one thousand dollars a month on groceries. Now, I will say this, I do try to avoid everything that has like hormones or that I don't really trust anymore.
Speaker 3: So that's why costs a thousand dollars. So let's tell the truth here.
Speaker 1: Okay, first costco toobout buying boat, and I cooked ninety nine percent of my meal. So for all your covers, and I know you ain't judged, you spent two to three hundred dollars on weed.
Speaker 2: Yeah, every two days, that's crazy smoke an ounce of weed.
Speaker 1: Every two days, that's I don't know what an ounce of weed looks like. But twenty eight grams, I don't know you speaking in mathematical terms again, I would never know what that looks like. Is that like the Oregonal? The Italian.
Speaker 2: Actually looks more like this?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you are like the greatest homie to be like trapped in a box with. I promise you you you no matter where you are. I'm sure your friends absolutely love spending time with you. You are literally fun. You are fun. This is this is probably one of the most fun episodes I've ever had. You are literally like home me from around the way fun. Like I could see I could see someone being broke with.
Speaker 2: You and be like, yeah, put that put that set up.
Speaker 1: Let's take those Glizzies. Let's put.
Speaker 2: That's why you couldn't remember the words.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wanted to say, I wanted to say, put that Glizzy in the mouth, man. But how can our listeners and fans keep up with you and just everything you have going on?
Speaker 2: Man? They can keep up with me at Christy Lofton on Instagram this Chris with.
Speaker 3: K none of that ship. I don't do none of that k R y k R like Chris exactly.
Speaker 2: Literally, So yeah, Christy Lofton on Instagram. Real, Christy Lofton on Twitter. Somebody hacked me, so it had I had.
Speaker 1: To in front of you, I promise. Yeah, I don't really mess with Twitter. I know we have Twitter, but I'm going to go in there. I think I can. I honestly probably. I'm gonna try and find you on Twitter. I actually.
Speaker 2: You have to be on black Twitter, though. I'm gonna make sure you get Twitter. It's not literally a thing, but if you follow the right people, you are now on the dark side of Twitter, which we refer to as black Twitter.
Speaker 1: What I want to be on black Twitter. It's gotta be lit.
Speaker 3: It's a vibe.
Speaker 2: Like Twitter is a place where like when people start sending you memes and ship to your phone on Instagram and all that, and you'd be like, I saw this three days ago because it's on Twitter. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: Like Instagram, they get the ship last. I don't know that ship hit Twitter first.
Speaker 2: Like if you if you're on Twitter, you probably knew about the ship everybody's talking about on Thursday.
Speaker 3: We knew about this shit on money.
Speaker 1: I want to get you eat a glitz on black Twitter. If I get that viral Twitter.
Speaker 2: Yah, it'll be good for you. It'll be good for this, It'll be coot, it'll be good for this. It'll be good for this. I will give you that. It'll be good for this. Bad for me?
Speaker 1: Get Why is it gonna be bad? You just get roasted for a little bit. You can handle roasted. Yeah, we didn't take so I know.
Speaker 2: You don't wear You don't watch my show because all I do is get roasted. I'm on I'm on Heroin this whole season, so I get roasted every episode. Oh yeah, they talk about me and I got a fake ass cauliflower ears. So I get roasted for being ugly and being on drugs and I look dirty. I couldn't even get a haircut this season because I'm on real drugs. Like I look fucked up on TV, but I look good and real.
Speaker 1: Okay for tuning into another episode of Eating While Broke, you get check out Kristy Lofton's Glizzy Dogs on another episode of Eating Broke. Peace out. For more Eating While Broke from iHeart Radio and The Black Effect, visit the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you listen to your favorite shows.