Speaker 1: Wow, Wow, everybody, It's Monday, November twenty fifth, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show. We've got our Thanksgiving me and you all worked out. It's being your man, NAMG Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Florio and Lakwan Jones. I'm making assumptions on behalf of you, guys. I assume you have your Thanksgiving menus all worked out, correct.
Speaker 2: Eh, I mean shopping on Saturday for it.
Speaker 3: There you go.
Speaker 2: I got the turkey. I guess I didn't get the macaroon and cheese because I've been getting attacked all week in the comments. So it's like we are not doing turkey in my house. Oh yeah, he's not even a turkey guy. Turkey's overrated. That is my Thanksgiving take.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, turkey is fine, but yeah, like getting a whole turkey and cooking it, it's just it's a lot more work than you want to do it, like otherwise, just like slice Deli turkey.
Speaker 3: That's that's not kind of the extent of my my turkey eating.
Speaker 2: Mike doesn't like turkey from what I'm told, you don't like it. I like turkey. I it's like bottom barrel meat. Though I would say.
Speaker 4: Like we're going ham instead and doing like a bake zd because those are two both infinitely better foods than a whole turkey.
Speaker 3: Uh, that's fair.
Speaker 2: Bad Takes Food Rankings. Can we get that? Like, come on, that's that's that's kind of up there.
Speaker 1: We want to put together a food rankings, a Bad Food Takes ranking at some point in the off season.
Speaker 4: I think people would defend mac and cheese over turkey any day of the week.
Speaker 3: That's probably true.
Speaker 2: There's nothing wrong with mac and cheese. I just think it's overrated. For Thanksgiving, you can eat it.
Speaker 1: Had no idea, I honestly, I'm sorry that I have opened this can of worms. I didn't know we were going to get into this. I will say a turkey leg, thoff. You don't want to cook a whole turkey, just buy a turkey leg and that's gonna be good enough for a couple of people. Anyway, we got a lot to get into today. We got the biggest takeaways from week twelve. We'll have the waiver wire as well. And uh laqwan, that is a nice head of black hair you have. Would be a shame if something happened to it. We'll get to that a little later on in the show as well. What let's start with some fantasy headlines and that not a ton of headlines. You have some kind of smaller injuries that will be monitoring as the week goes along, But one of the bigger ones, Gardner Minshew, is now out for the rest of the year. He suffered a broken collar bone in the Raiders loss to the Denver Broncos on Sunday. It looks like aight and O'Connell possibly could be back yesterday. It was Desmond Ridder that took over the rest of the way for the Raiders. So, I mean, Florio, I mean, we've all been in on brock Bauers. He's been fantastic. I know you have been a big Jacobi Meyers proponent over the last couple of weeks. If it's AOC, if it's des been riddered, how are we feeling about the primary pass catchers in Vegas?
Speaker 4: When you anytime, especially this late in the season, you have a change at play caller, it's never ideal because we, like you said, we knew brock Bowers and Jacoby Myers were going to get volume with Gardner Minshew. But it's also not like whichever way they go, AOC or Desmond Ridder is a huge quarterback downgrade considering who their starting quarterback was and considering the fact that before AOC got hurt, they had already made the move to him away from Gardner Minshew. So I think brock Bauers is very much so still in play because of the tight end position and how much upside he brings. This week, no team's on buy. If you want to play it safe and get away from Jacoby Myers, I think you can. But I'm really not all that worried about him. I still think he is going to get a ton of volume, still going to prop him up. He gets a lot of shorter targets too, So I think those guys could still elevate Jacoby Myers to what he's been outside of those two though. I don't really want to do the Raiders, especially this week against the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: So yeah, on.
Speaker 4: Black Friday, I know you're gonna be watching that game, but I don't want to start a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 1: It is kind of a shorter week. They play on Friday against Kansas City. We'll get into that game later on in the week on this show. But for now, a quarterback change is a foot in Las Vegas.
Speaker 3: The stash is done for the year. We will see.
Speaker 1: Let just say, I guess is he just the stash because Aidan O'Connell also has kind of a weird looks like it's been drawn in with a pencil kind of mustache too.
Speaker 2: Definitely different vibes, but similar outcome. It's like a nineteen twenty style mustache. Yeah, it is.
Speaker 1: It's very much like you know, I mean, he's like, I'm at a quarterback. There's team here, sure Like that's kind of the mustache that he has.
Speaker 3: For aid and O'Connell.
Speaker 1: We'll see whether it's or Desmond Ritter, who I don't think has a mustache at all. So he needs to get with the times there to be the quarterback in Las Vegas. Yeah, all right, let's take a look at some of the week's top scorers. Still one game left to be played on Monday night. It is the Horror Bowl, I guess, as they're calling it at so FI Stadium. But then in the meantime, Jayden Daniels with a nice bounced back game. I got you over thirty points, two hundred and seventy five pass yards of passing touchdowns, also seventy four rushing yards and a score on the ground. Saquon Barkley just went ham two hundred and fifty five rushing yards, a pair of touchdowns, four catches for forty seven yards, forty six point two points. Funny side note today, Saquon Barkley yesterday had more yards all by himself than the entire Giants offense.
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: Then Hey, look, I'm not poking for the Rams.
Speaker 2: I'm poking five. It was a giant.
Speaker 1: It's not about yours team, like they were standing on the field when it happened. But it's not about them. Fine, fine, fair enough. If it makes you feel any better. Josh Jacobs scored three touchdowns against my team.
Speaker 3: All right, you feel better?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No there?
Speaker 1: Uh Jordan Addisna chatches about sixty two in a touchdown that was thirty point two points. Tray McBride twelve for one, thirty three, twenty five point three, right there. Will Lutz made five field goals and a pair of extra points, good for twenty one.
Speaker 3: And the Cowboys defense.
Speaker 1: I think we had this going the other we were all like, hey, start the Commanders defense against the Cowboys. Apparently gonna start the Cowboys defense against the Commanders. Four sacks, three takeaways, and a couple of touchdowns out was good for twenty two.
Speaker 3: So those were some.
Speaker 1: Of the overall fantasy heros for the week. Here's a little bit of a look at the weather closer to you. Who was your own personal fantasy hero this week? Lakwan Jamier Gibbs. Man, he's just simply electric.
Speaker 2: Man. I'm so happy that I was able to take the chance on him in the summer, getting him in the back in that first round, because he's honestly just been electric all season long. He's really taken the mantle as that RB one back there, having more snaps than David Montgomery. But man, only three games this season, he has had less than fifteen fantasy points, double digits every single week, and it's like Jamiir Gibbs is probably one of the safest, if not best, you know, summer picks in the first round out of those running backs. When we look at the top ten running backs currently right now, not many of them were drafted in the first round. I think it was only Breesse Hall so Jamiir gibbs Man going into next year, I don't see how his stock doesn't just move all way up into the top five picks of fantasy because he's just simply just been more electric than most of the running backs that we've taken early in those first rounds.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's wild both he and David Montgomery have paid off on their ADP. I mean I was drafting Montgomerys, I'm like, ah, he's gonna be cheaper and give you similar production. But also Gibbs in the first round turns out to be the correct answer as well, both of them right now sitting in the top twelve. So thank you for that, Ben Jonson, we are grateful. And look, this only makes sense, Florida. You have been the biggest Jade and Daniels stand on this show, and so it was nice to see him come back to life again this week.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly that.
Speaker 4: And on the line's running backs, if anyone next summer says like they're gonna eat off of each other's plate, like let's just disregard.
Speaker 1: Them or whatever they're gonna say, it's a really big plate and there's a lot of food there for them.
Speaker 4: We're gonna hear it, Someone's gonna say it, but yeah, Jayden Daniels was electric yesterday. Two hundred and seventy five passing yards, two touchdowns, and what I love is he was running more. And that was the hope coming into this game. Not only was the matchup favorable for him to run against the Cowboys, but the hope was that with the mini by, maybe the rib injury was behind him. And watching this game very closely, it seems like the rib injury is behind him. And I know they'll be like Adam rank Is gonna go on Fantasy Live or something and be like it was another late game touchdown that shouldn't have counted. He was already at over twenty fantasy points before that Terry McLaurin touchdown, which I admit probably shouldn't have been a touchdown. But yeah, I went off Fantasy Live last week and said he's gonna give you his best fantasy game in two months. Not only did he do that, he gave you his best fantasy game of this season so far. So there's a nice reminder that like Jaden Daniels is still awesome, he is still a really good fantasy option.
Speaker 2: And if you have him, you could continue starting him moving forward.
Speaker 1: By the way, on that Terry McLaurin touchdown, he was lined up on the right side. I'm not saying, but I'm just saying. I'm just saying, that's all come on. My fantasy hero this week, it is Bucky Irving because it looks likely take over in that backfield in Tampa might be fully complete. And I say that sort with the caveat that. Yeah, Rashad White's still going to get his the Bucks. With four rushing touchdowns against the Giants, Irving had one, Rashad White had one, Baker Mayfield had one, Sean Tucker came out of no where it had one.
Speaker 3: By the way, shout out.
Speaker 1: To Baker for blocking down field on this big play by Bucky Irving right there. But look, twelve carries for eighty seven yards. He had another six catches in the ball game for sixty four yards. He does look like the running back of record there in Tampa Bay. And yeah, the Bucks are still going to get Rashad White involved.
Speaker 3: But it is clear that.
Speaker 1: Irving has been the better of the two running backs all season long, and I think that means he's going to continue to get more opportunities there. The schedule down this stretch, there are some really nice games. I mean, they got the Panthers neck next week, They've got the Raiders in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 2: They have the Cowboys in week.
Speaker 1: Sixteen, and then championship weeks another matchup with the Carolina Panthers. So irving, if you got him, you should be able to hopefully ride him into the playoffs. And maybe I won't necessarily, you know, put the league winner stamp on him, but he's a guy who could be very productive for you. We're doing it, all right, Fine, there it is league winner stamps.
Speaker 3: We're doing it.
Speaker 2: Your pressure sucks anyway, what if he is a league winner? We can clip this and be like this was before Thanksgiving. That's true, exactly, that is true.
Speaker 3: That is true.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: So I guess it's a way to win potentially for me, and if it doesn't work out, and be like I was peer pressured into it by these two guys. They made me do it. There it is. Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options. Florio, who should we be looking at heading into week thirteen.
Speaker 4: Yeah, starting with a couple of quarterbacks, there's Russell will there there is Caleb Russell gets a great matchup against the Bengals next week. Caleb has played a lot better since they moved on from the OC. Will Levis don't look now. He is putting up numbers since he's returned. And I still think Drake May brings upside against the Colts. Jalen Warren has had more and more volume as of late and gets a good matchup Amir Abdula just because right now he is the loan healthy back there. Jeremy McNichols, because Austin Eckler is in concussion protocol and Brian Robinson also was banged up yesterday. Sean Tucker, Trey Benson, Roshawn Johnson. Just backup running backs who are getting goal one work or some more carries right now for their teams, and then some pass catchers. Please add Jerry Judy already I want to stop telling you to add him. He has been awesome. Devon Bailey, We're gonna talk more about him. Noah Brown had ten targets yesterday. Damario Douglass continues to provide a really safe floor. Nick Westbrook aakini. You guys have talked him up a lot continues to produce. David Moore also ten targets yesterday, and then a couple of tight ends. Zach Ertz and I'm not sold on Noah Gray yet, but when you have four touchdowns in two games, I feel like you need to be included in the waiver wire article.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's obviously the tight end one in Kansas City. I can't imagine what other tight ends in Kansas City they would want to throw the football to when you.
Speaker 3: Have a guy like Noah Gray right there. I mean it's just that simple.
Speaker 1: Lakwan, you have been on the Devon Valley train for a couple of weeks now, so shout out to you for being ahead of the curve.
Speaker 3: He really is a guy that is starting to get a lot more attention.
Speaker 1: I mean, Corland Sutton's been great, but Von Valley is looking sort of like the number two option in that passing game.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I mean, look, since the beginning of the season, I kind of looked at his profile and him and Josh Reynolds are kind of like the big target guys. This dude six ' five, so he's these huge catch raisers and bo Nicks has taken advantage of that. Man, and look in the games that he played at least fifty percent or more of the of the snaps, he's put up double digit fantasy points. So obviously he's becoming a guy filling in that role with Josh Reynolds on IR and bo Nix is hitting him downfield as well, So he has the big playability where the yards per reception are going to be high, get his yards after the catch, where it's going to be in chunks where he might be able to get his fantasy points. So I'm looking more towards the back end of this season where we're getting into the fantasy playoffs, where he could be a valuable flex option if bow Knicks is going to continue on being productive in this Broncos offense.
Speaker 1: I mean, bo Knicks has been great, and that's another team with a pretty good schedule down the stretch. I mean, they've got the Browns, the Colts in week fifteen, the Chargers not maybe a great matchup in Week sixteen, but a championship week. They are on the road at Cincinnati against a kind of shaky Bengals defense. So some good matchups the rest of the way for bow Knicks and the rest of that Broncos offense right there.
Speaker 3: So we are not done.
Speaker 1: We're gonna have some of our biggest takeaways coming up from Week twelve, plus John new Smith updates. Stick around for that more on the NFL Fantasy Football Show. Bight here on NFL Fantasy Football Show. To them to our Week twelve takeaways, I sort of switched things up. There's a method to the madness. You will understand in just a little bit. So some of the big things that week took away from what we have seen so far this week, I understand he's still one more game to be played between the Ravens and the Chargers over at SO five Stadium. But out of what we have seen to this point, Florida, what have you learned?
Speaker 4: Like right now, if you would depress like right square X left R one R two left right, like Saquon Barkley would appear in your fantasy lineup because he Every year we get enamored with league winners, but there's always like one or two cheat code style players where it looks like if you don't have them, good luck. Saquon Barkley is this year's cheat code player, like last year with CMC. Right now thirty two fantasy points in three of his last four games, twenty six or more in three of his last five. Yesterday against Lakwan's Rams, I'm sorry, he scored the most fantasy moments any running back has scored in a game this season. And now look at who he gets the rest of the way. He gets the Ravens, which on paper look like a tough matchup against the run, but they struggle mightily against pass catching backs. The Panthers are the best matchup a running back at half. Steelers are middle of the pack, but they allow a lot.
Speaker 2: Of rushing touchdowns.
Speaker 4: The Commanders have a lot of the most rushing yards and most explosive run, most explosive runs. Good luck against Saquon Barkley and then the Cowboys who held him in check a bit the first time they played. But Saquon should be able to run all over them in championship week. Like, yeah, if you run up against Saquon Barkley in the fantasy playoffs.
Speaker 2: Good luck, because you're going to need a massive week to top that.
Speaker 3: Fantasy manager, So, I mean.
Speaker 1: We talk about guys putting up video game numbers, which is kind of what Saquan is doing right now to the point that I don't know if you guys saw they put the backwards hurdle in Madden, you can do it now in the game. Apparently, I don't know what combination of buttons you have to press. We're gonna feel like you just take your hand, just mash it down on the controller and then somehow it does it or whatever.
Speaker 3: But you can actually do the backwards hurt.
Speaker 4: If I ever successfully do it to someone, I'm never gonna shut up about it.
Speaker 1: If I had it done on me and Madden, I'm unplugging the game like I'm just turning it off like it just.
Speaker 2: But what if someone did it to you in real life?
Speaker 1: Then I retire. I just you know, I pull Avonte Davis and I just retire.
Speaker 2: Like right there, like that's it. I just hang it up and I'm gonna go, like I think that's more Antonio Brown style.
Speaker 3: Just off like I'm.
Speaker 1: Just just way to the crowd on your way to the locker room, and then just get in the car and drive out.
Speaker 3: Of the Stadium'm like that's it.
Speaker 2: That's it.
Speaker 1: I'm done. I'm absolutely done. The thing I learned this week last week, I came on. I think it's only Tuesday edition of this show, and I said, for guys to drop. I put Jaylen Wattle's name in there because he was at best the fourth option in what has been a mediocre passing game. He wasn't performing much of anything this year. Then on Sunday, Jalen Wattle went out and had himself an app salute day.
Speaker 2: I mean it was scenes for Jalen Wattle.
Speaker 1: Nine catches or nine targets, eight catches, one hundred and forty four yards and a target. I mean it was people were saying the Jalen Wattle Legacy game for the Miami Dolphins.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying it yet. This feels like a one off so far.
Speaker 1: To this point, as far as I'm concerned, he still kind of is the number four target in what is generally a mediocre passing game. We're still believing that Tyreek Hill is going to have a big blow up somewhere. Devon a Chan is getting eight ton of targets from to a tongue of Iloa. And then there's John new Smith, who's still a big part of the passing game right now.
Speaker 3: Throw in the fact that.
Speaker 1: It's not the best schedule down the way right they've got the Packers. Next week, they've got the Jets, They've got the Texans, they have the forty nine Ers. We'll see what shape the forty nine ers defense is in by the time they meet in week sixteen. They finish on the road at Cleveland, where it is bound to be cold, possibly snowing, which is never a good thing for to a.
Speaker 2: Tongue of iloa.
Speaker 1: I just I think this was the Jalen Waddle game, and maybe it came because me and other folks out there were saying it was time to part ways with him.
Speaker 3: I don't see this happening again.
Speaker 1: So if you stayed the course, you're stuck with him, and you started him and you got this game, good on you. I just I'm not buying that it happens Jet. If it happens again, I am willing to sit here and tell you I was wrong and change my tune and change my attitude this. This doesn't feel like a thing that is sustainable. So now that we've gotten that out of the way, lakwan, what have you learned?
Speaker 2: Guys? Are we really gonna make me dye my hair blonde? Because Jonathan Smith is on a tear right now. Of being a top five tight end, like guys like, please don't make me do this, Like can can we like send a text out, like can we find some type of way to get to John in town? Like just just chill out, man, because in August I basically said, you know, he finishes the top five tight end, I'll dye my hair blonde. So can we like structure these rules and implication of me actually having to do this.
Speaker 3: I mean, lakwan, we didn't do this to you.
Speaker 1: You did this to you, And no point with me and Marcus, like if he's top five, you should die your hair blonde.
Speaker 2: It was self inflicting. But back to back games of twenty plus fantasy points, like who saw this coming other than me? Apparently, like you know.
Speaker 4: You should wear the blonde with pride and be like that's how good of a fantasy analyst I am that I saw what no one else saw.
Speaker 1: Coming in In the last two games combined, he has one hundred and eighty eight receiving yards and three total touchdowns.
Speaker 2: Never done in his career.
Speaker 1: What is it combined? Fifty one point eight fantasy points? I mean when the week began, he was the tight end. We have a John new Smith update. Can we can we put that up there right now? The John new Smith update that we have. He twenty three point seven Fantasy points right now.
Speaker 3: He is the tight end.
Speaker 1: Five on the season, a grand total of one hundred and twenty five point four points. He is less than ten points behind Travis Kelcey for the number four spot.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean Kate Odden is not far away.
Speaker 1: So really right now, Lakwan, you have to be a big jatee Otten fan if you want your hair to stay. It's natural, God given color. That's what you just You just need Kate Odden to step up. I'm ball out for the next few weeks. Although you know Mike Evans is back, so who knows.
Speaker 2: Please because the fact that he actually hasn't had.
Speaker 4: I think we need to try to get John Hu to come on so he has the incentive to know to go out and put up numbers to try to get your hair blonde.
Speaker 1: He can he can see the face of the man and he is tormenting right now and understand that. You know, Hey, let's let's humanize this whole story. Let's have John Hu and LaQuan sort of you know, come to an agreement. Here or something that beat that would be amazing. Let's get the booking team on. You see see if we can make that happen.
Speaker 2: Ridiculous. I come on, like, Johnny, just chill out, man, this next game. Tick it off the Dolphins. Dolphins.
Speaker 4: It went from having two stud Wade receivers to those two fighting for who's going to be second in targets behind John new Smith.
Speaker 2: Like it. It is amazing how this has worked out.
Speaker 3: I mean it escalated quickly too, Like.
Speaker 1: It was really like it was a couple weeks though, he was like just barely hanging around the top twelve. All of a sudden, he's gotten hot in the last two games, and now he is in the top five. I'm trying to look at this the last two over the last two weeks, the only tight end and I used tight end advisedly that has scored more Fantasy points in him is Taysom Hill. And that's because Taysom through some passes he ran for three touchdowns.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: I cannot tell you how much joy this brings me.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, this is incredible that it's happening.
Speaker 2: But also at the same time, it's like I wish I was wrong because this My wife absolutely hates the idea, Like she's hoping John New like completely just gudge for the rest of the season because he's like, isn't that the guy that that's doing really good? And I'm like, oh my god, it is. He's going off today.
Speaker 4: When he went off yesterday, I started to be like, should we like, are we able to have someone come in studio and dye your hair while recording or something.
Speaker 1: Like maybe maybe we get maybe we get maybe there's somebody down in the hair and makeup department they can like work on this for us. Uh, in the moment that it happens. Okay, Floyd, we're making it. We're we're we're gonna make some some contacts. We're going to reach out to folks in the hair and makeup department and see, uh see if we can.
Speaker 2: People actually want to see this, I mean we want to see this.
Speaker 4: Yeah, literally everyone but you and and your wife I think I want to see it.
Speaker 2: Yes, we hate the idea now, and she's mad at me.
Speaker 3: I said it.
Speaker 1: This is the difference between comedy, comedy and tragedy. Tragedy is I stubbed my toe is very very painful. Comedy is you having to dye your hair blonde because it's tied end and went clear over the last month of the season.
Speaker 3: That's how it's problem.
Speaker 1: Anyway, That is a moment, particularly that that we may be loving down the stretch. Now, let's talk about one of our favorite moments from the past week.
Speaker 3: Look, Mike McDaniel. We enjoy Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 1: We enjoy his comedy stylings, we enjoy his coaching, We enjoy everything about Mike McDaniel.
Speaker 2: Sometimes he doesn't really get the love back, but he found a way.
Speaker 3: To shield himself from criticism. Take a look.
Speaker 5: I figured you guys would be nicer to me if my daughter was here. All right, ask me anything you want, mister Dave.
Speaker 2: I go.
Speaker 1: Mike McDaniel using his kid as a human shield. I mean, look, at some point, those of us who are parents, I mean you look, Wuan, you know this. It's the point you you've probably used your kid to, you know, either protect you from something or get out of something.
Speaker 3: It's the benefit of having a kid.
Speaker 2: Oh, I do it all the time, and I got two of them to do so. Like whenever I forget to do something like take the trash out load the dishwasher, and she wants to yell I man.
Speaker 3: Like, but the kids are here, like you know that.
Speaker 2: Look at Layla's cute little face. See.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm sure you could do it a little bit with a dog Flooria, but it's not quite the same, you know, like because people yell at you in front of dogs anyway, doesn't matter.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I can use the dog to like the I gotta get out of here.
Speaker 2: Excuse like, oh, you know that she's been a home alone all day. Got to get back to her. But that that's about it.
Speaker 4: Like if I brought her around to the bosses, let's say, they're not gonna be like, we'll be extra nice.
Speaker 2: To you because your dogs here. But like you guys walking holding your kids hands, they can't be mean to you in that situation. Little it's a.
Speaker 3: Little harder, Like you don't want to be mean. You know, it's a daddy. It's just it's just a little bit of a different situation.
Speaker 2: He did the one move. The one move is you got to carry them and act like they're sleepy.
Speaker 3: They're sleepy, they're familiar. It's it's been a long day for them. It's been hard.
Speaker 1: Please please be gentle, please be nice exactly so, shout out to Mike McDaniel man not just a hat rack. He's got some things working upstairs. In that breaks there you go away. That is moments we love for us.
Speaker 3: That is it.
Speaker 2: We are done.
Speaker 3: We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 2: You know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember, I won't be impressed with technology until I can download food. Be safe, to take care of yourselves, and we will talk to you tomorrow