Speaker 1: He wanted to know how you came up with them.
Speaker 2: Don't be other days because there's a bunch of donkeys. That is what Charlemagne remember a life where we are tongue based off COOLi lay fingers. He never was saying this on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 1: In the words of charlemagnea god, he's a donkey.
Speaker 2: Oh man, Charlamagne, you've given donkey the day to.
Speaker 1: Who now well buster rhymes Donkey Today for Wednesday, February fifth goes to Raymond Arroyo. Raymond is an American author, journalist, and producer who appeared on Fox this Week Fox News to discuss all things Grammys and I let the record show this is one of the best Grammys I've seen in a long time. Dropping the cluse bombs for the Grammys this year personally to me, all right to me. They got a lot right Rhapsody winning Best Melodic Rap Performers for three a m with Queen Eric Abadu, Don't You winning Best Rap Album for alligated byce never Hill, Kendrick Lamar going five for five for the Greatest diss record of all Time Not Like Us, and of course Beyonce winning Best Country Album and Album, but a year. Now, there's debates, you know, about all of these people and all of these different awards that were one and who should have won and why I saw people saying DOCI is an industry plant. People think the Grammys gave Kendrick all those awards despite Drake, and of course Beyonce winning Best Country Album was gonna piss some people off. And Raymond is one of those people because he was on Laura Ingram's show on Fox and he had this to say.
Speaker 2: Let's listen, now, what do you make of that?
Speaker 3: You know, legendary country artist Beyonce winning for Best Country Album.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put this in some context.
Speaker 3: Laura Dolly Parton has ten Grammys, Frank Sinatra had eleven Grammys, Beyonce has thirty five.
Speaker 2: How is that possibly commensurate with that talent?
Speaker 3: I mean, come on, And what people don't know about the Grammys is everybody votes in every genre. You can vote in up to twenty genres. Soa Lady Gaga's cat Sitter votes for, you know, Best Reggae and Best Country Album. So that's why you get this ridiculous outcome that has nothing to do with the country audience or the country musician.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Only people in the music industry vote for the Grammys. But you know, Raymond, if you don't feel Beyonce she win Best Country Album, fine, Okay. Maybe you thought post Malone F one was better. Maybe you thought Laney Wilson Whirwin was better. Maybe you thought Chris Stables and Hya was better.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: But for you to sit up there and attempt and rain on Beyonce's black parade and hate on her for having thirty five Grammys is utterly ridiculous. Okay, once again, that's your opinion, but listen to the context of what he said. Dolly Parton has ten Grammys, Frank Sinatra had eleven Grammys, Beyonce.
Speaker 2: Has thirty five.
Speaker 1: How does that possibly what did you say commensurate with the talent?
Speaker 2: What did he say?
Speaker 1: I can't remember the word you use, But basically, how does her talent equate to thirty five Grammys?
Speaker 2: Because she's talented?
Speaker 1: Okay, Now, you don't have to love Beyonce, you don't even have to like her music, but one thing you cannot deny her talent. Okay, Dolly Partner, franksin not your our incredible talents legends icon living well, Icon's one is living, but neither one of them have been dancing installletal since the age of twelve.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Also, neither one of them of verbs. What do you mean, Uncle Haolotte? Neither one of them a verbs. Beyonce is a verb, to be clear, because my mother is a niggamos teacher. She is a proper now, okay. Beyonce is a proper noun that is often used as a verb. You can say various things to people like you ain't Beyonce, okay, to remind folks you not excellent, You not as fly as you think you are. Okay, using in the center of Charlamagne. Why are you following zero people on Instagram? You not Beyonce?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: My point is Raymond Dolly Parton herself has praised Beyonce's work. Dolly Parton is on Cowboy Carter. Okay, remember what Dolly said about Beyonce on E News about eight months ago.
Speaker 2: Listen Beyonce covering Joe. I know, what are your thoughts on her version?
Speaker 4: Well, I think it was very bold of her, but I love what she did to it.
Speaker 1: I was very proud of her album.
Speaker 4: So she did a great job in country music, and I thought it was great and I was just happy she did.
Speaker 1: Joe Lene. Listen, Raymond, it's not apples and rams. Just okay, you gotta dig a little deeper on who is voting for Grammys and how they come to these conclusions. And if you're mad at the voters now, oh, you'd have been pissed off even more back then because you mentioned Frank Sinatra. You know, the year he had two number one albums, he only won one Grammy and was nominated for five. And you know what he won for his album cover. Okay, his album cover, not his music.
Speaker 2: Look it up.
Speaker 1: He won his first Grammy in nineteen fifty nine for Only the Lonely, and he won for the cover.
Speaker 2: On the cover, he was dressed as a sad clown. Raymond. You can relate all right now, mind you.
Speaker 1: In nineteen fifty nine, he had Only the Lonely and Come Fly with Me. He was nominated for five Grammys, including Album of the Year, but he won for his album cover.
Speaker 2: So knock it off, Raymond. The Grammys of the Grammy.
Speaker 1: Sometimes they get it right, sometimes they get it wrong. This year they got it absolutely right and giving Beyonce thirty five Grammys over her career is absolutely the right.
Speaker 2: Thing to do.
Speaker 1: But usually you know when you voting yes for Beyonce, you are getting it right. And everyone is entitled to their opinion. But Miley Cyrus thought Beyonce should have won. I think she knows more about music than the both of us.
Speaker 2: Raymond.
Speaker 1: All I'm saying, man, is, everybody is entitled to their own opinion, but sometimes our opinions can be wrong. Are sometimes our opinions can be rooted in hate. And Raymond as a person who can also be an objective hater, I am an objective hater.
Speaker 2: What you are doing is hating.
Speaker 1: But I saw Whoopi Goldberg get on your ass on your view yesterday and I enjoyed what she had to say.
Speaker 2: Let's listen. She earned it the thing you have.
Speaker 4: You know you want to hold onto country music like white people didn't also buy her country album. Come on, man, well people voted for it. Sometimes you win, sometimes you don't. Same with the Oscar sit down.
Speaker 1: Sit down, she told you you please, let Chelsea Handler give Raymond Arroyo the biggest.
Speaker 2: He haw hee haw hee haw That is way too much. Dan Maynet yes, it is all right. I agree. Well, thank you for that donkey today. Now when we come back t K. Kirkland, we'll be joining us comedian T. K. Kirkland and we're gonna talk to him next. And don't go anywhere. It's to Breakfast Club. Good morning the Breakfast Club.