Speaker 1: So Brandy Glanville is suing Bravo and Andy Cohen because of an inappropriate video sent to her for sexual harassment, saying that Andy sent her a video with another Bravo celebrity. I think her name is Kate Chastain, and it was what he said in an ex post to be a joke, that he was drunk and he sent an inappropriate video, but it was a joke. Andy has different relationships with every housewife. Some could be talking about business and money like mine used to be with him. Another could be his party friend. Somebody else could be his really deep party friend. He has different relationships with different Bravo celebrities, and like he used to hang out with Jeff and Jenny a lot, I don't think he hangs out with Jenny anymore. Sometimes he hangs out with Jeff like he picks his favorites. He used to hang out with Nini in a certain way. He likes to hang out with housewives individually and Bravo lebrities individually, not really in clusters. So there's an individual relationship with each. And the thing is that the article where Brian and Mark Brandy's lawyers say, you know that they haven't seen something like this since Matt Lower and that he sits in this position while he's inappropriately texting and sending videos to talent. And the thing is, he works for a multi billion dollar public company. He's an he used to be an executive. He's an executive producer, and he also has a role on one show as talent. But he produces these shows and he's in a power position. It's undeniable. He's in a position to cast, to fire, to negotiate salaries, to approve, to deny, to put people in this seat that seat.
Speaker 2: And he also is in control of all.
Speaker 1: Of the reunions and he is the host of all the reunions, so he's in an interesting hybrid position. Something that Kathy Griffin brought up years ago that it's unprecedented that an executive would also then be a talent. And she's talked a lot about him, and so has Nini. So there's so much stuff coming out about Andy, And the question is, should someone in a power position, who has the ability to hire, to fire, and to control someone's income and livelihood, should they be interacting with talent getting drunk with talent, being at Bravocon, getting wasted and joking with talent because he's not Tom Sandoval, He's not solely talent, and he's also talent on a show where he is the producer. He owns part of the show, and he controls all the questions that often make people look bad. No matter how you slice it. Andy Cohen is in a power position on Bravo as a host of reunions, as a host of a show, as an owner of a show, as a person who produces reunions and executive produces shows, as a person who looks at casting tapes and tries to decide who makes it and who breaks it. So Brandy Glanville was in Morocco with Caroline, who is also not suing Brandy.
Speaker 2: She's suing Bravo because.
Speaker 1: Her feeling is that the environment, this cesspool, perpetuates this type of abuse, this sexual abuse, this abuse of alcohol, this abuse of substances. They were smoking pot in Morocco. It's fascinating that that show never made it to air. It's obvious why, but every week there's something new coming out. This doesn't happen in any other area of entertainment where every day ending and why there's another claim against a network, and I don't think they're ending anytime soon. Oh Rachel who was emotionally abused in front of a live audience to a mental health facility. So the man who was hosting that, you know, remains unscathed. And so this is an interesting time in twenty twenty four post strike, when people do have a voice, and when what used to be okay in the good Old Boys Club isn't okay now.
Speaker 2: So where is the line?
Speaker 1: And is talking about having sex with a person whose job you determine whether they are hired or fired. Literally, and I have a thousand examples. It was Andy Cohen who came to my house to say will you come back? And who asked me the salary I would want like. It was Andy Cohen who I talked to about who we would cast.
Speaker 2: And who we would fire like you know. So it's an interesting thing.
Speaker 1: And this public company has this person as the face of this brand, this entire Bravo brand, with all of this power, and it's out of control.
Speaker 2: So it's going to be interesting to see what happens.
Speaker 1: As I've said before, no horse in this race, no lawsuit, not suing anyone. It's just sitting on the sidelines watching this, it's insane.
Speaker 2: You can't even believe that it's real. So I want to know what you think about this.
Speaker 1: Can a person in the power position be on the same level as the people they employ and the talent? Like I said, if it were James Kennedy getting wasted, that's one thing. If James Kennedy or Tom Sandoval or Mario or Simon are saying something, or Joe Gorga is saying something to someone else on the cast, that's a different story than the person who's writing people's checks. And oh the ninny allegations like it's endless between Carol Nini below deck now, Brandy Glanville, Liah McSweeney, Like how many claims do there have to be?
Speaker 2: There's something wrong here?
Speaker 1: And the thing is I say to people like Amy Schumer, who I love and who I know, and to Jlaw who's a huge fan of this franchise, and these people that just watch it as entertainment, I say, is this female empowerment? Like these are women that fight for equal pay, and how do they condone and endorse the culture and environment that occurs in this arena? How can you be someone who's for female empowerment and support and celebrate this medium. Julia roberts, how I just want someone to explain it to me, because maybe you can explain it to me, but you can't understand it for me because I don't understand it. So there's so much gray area in this Bravo sphere because you have the executive producer, the owner and star of the Marquee show Watch what Happens Live, which is the flagship store of the entire Bravo universe, that host parties with the cast at Bravo Con. On his show, there's drinking, there's talk of sexuality and the Lady Pond, and then you have a situation where women are drinking in excess, which is the goal and the name of the game on reality television, and they're doing that on trips and they're provoked to do that, and they're asked to do that, and they're encouraged to drink for sure, that's a fact, and to fall off the wagon, that's a fact.
Speaker 2: And then they get.
Speaker 1: Into sexual altercations or discrepancies or disputes about things that happen.
Speaker 2: But this is the.
Speaker 1: Environment that's fostered, and you don't allow people to drink ten drinks and not expect them to behave badly. People always say nothing good happens after midnight, Well, what do you think happens after forty two cocktails in another country on jet lag? So now people are being held accountable and responsible for actions, you know, like their normal occurrences in extraordinary circumstances. And then you have a man who's hosting a show where he's wasted every night on television, also provocatively speaking about sex, et cetera. And you have him in an employer position. So that's extremely confusing that he's he is an employer. He does hire, he does fire. He doesn't literally do that. He doesn't like Actually he's not legal. He doesn't call from the legal department, but he calls and asks about contracts and will you take this? And won't you take that? And will you come back? And won't you come back? He reviews casting tapes, he literally suggests who to hire and who to fire or like actually enforces that. It's completely confusing, It's completely gray. How could anyone not understand how confusing that is? Like, he's in a power position as an executive producer and talent and owner of a show that is the flagship show of that entire network, and then he's partying with the people or sending sexually provocative videos with the people on those shows. It just doesn't make any sense whatsoever if he doesn't like someone or something someone does or says, hence Carol calling him an asshole at the reunion. They're gone, so like I've never you know, I've really been. I don't understand. It's actually crazy. I can't believe I never realized it so clear cut before. It's nuts if you think about it. No, are there any other examples where there's an executive and executive producer and boss that's also like whooping it up and partying and getting wasted and doing all kinds of partying. From what I hear with talent, I don't know, like our boss is allowed to talk about sex with their employees like it's twenty twenty four. I just don't understand. Am I confused? One of the misconceptions is that Andy made me.
Speaker 2: Andy made me.
Speaker 1: I am successful because of him, I am wealthy because of him, etc. So we could split the difference and say that the executives at Bravo made me. The Christian Barcellos who's no longer there, or the Jen O'Connell who used to be at Ricochet which turned into shed or the producer Kiir who found me at Polo and the Hamptons, or Bobby Zarren who pushed way more than Jill for me to talk to Kier the producer at Polo and the Hamptons when I didn't even understand what they were talking about. But they needed a housewife to make the show happen because they only had four, and Andy has confirmed us in his book that they needed a fifth. But to clarify, Andy said no to Bethany Frankel. Andy did not want me. He was the one who didn't want me. Jen O'Connell had to push the issue, force the issue because her husband had worked at NBC when I was on the Apprentice and he really liked me, and he told her she has to jam it through. So she was talking to the executives, presumably Christian Barcello's and Lauren's Elasnik it had to be pushed through too. Francis was there, but not in such an advisory position. And Francis, who I like, she likes me too. I'm sure she liked it also, But Andy was the one who did not want me at all. He pushed to have me not be on the show because I had a pre existing public persona which was non existent to be honest, but from the Apprentice, and he didn't want someone who had already been on TV. This was long before the days of casting actresses as reality stars. But he did not want me on the show because I had been on television before and they wanted just normal people loll you know, normal superficial people. I guess to be on the show as what were not housewives at the time, what were Manhattan moms and it became housewives. So I was the outlier, the question mark character that they jammed through. But thank you to Jen O'Connell for that, and ultimately the entity of Bravo and MBSC universal who is responsible for airing content with me on it and starting a trajectory. But no one else has done what I did with Skins. I did that on my own. I found the cocktail, I pushed it in. In fact, Bravo made fun of me. They aired footage making fun of me, you know, with that wonky logo and kind of dissing on the product and the drink. I pushed it through in my own way. I was the clown that was made fun of in the clown car that said skinny girl on it. But I was playing chess, not checkers, and I made a full of myself, knowing that that would help in hopefully moving product. And the truth is I had nothing to lose. I was entirely broke. So I put myself in that car. No one put myself in that car, and no one found the drink, and no one invented the drink, and no one found the partner to do the drink, and no one made it as a storyline, and no one got made fun of at the charity event. I did that myself. Andy did none of that, zero of that. And I also left when it became toxic and disgusting, and Andy Cohen came to my house and asked me, I don't want to say pleaded with me, but you know, persistently tried to convince me to come back because the show ratings plummeted in the three years that I left. They went from three million to I think it was one point four or one point six million when I left. I came back and they went back up to three point one million, specifically when we went to Miami and I was talking to Luan about Tom and then my Mexico trip, that was my trip. So we can reconfigure and let the truth get in the way of a good story as much as we want in fairy tales and fantasies, but in real life, Bethany Frankel made Bethany Frankel. Andy Cohen didn't want me on the show, and Andy Cohen had to ask me to come back, and Andy Cohen really wanted me to come back the third time that when I left, and he was the one who suggested that I do a podcast because he'd be something great to promote on the show, etc. Because he was trying to find ways to get me to come back, which I maybe not so politely declined. So let's let the truth get in the way of the truth. If that's okay with everybody else, Let's make the truth the good story, cause it's the true story. It's the real story, and it's my story. And I keep making Bethany Frankel, and I am more successful now by if you're going by monetary success, by three times three to four times the amount of money I was making when I was on the Housewives. Yeah, if you include my brand deals and my partnerships MM four times. So thanks, good, no, thanks, and sorry but not sorry. Have a good day.