Speaker 1: Wind Down with Janet Kramer and iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 2: Ladies.
Speaker 3: Listeners, this is exciting, and I'm going to tell you why. I had a conversation with our producer Hannah and we were kind of talking through just run of shows.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 3: I love structure. I think we all love structure, love structure, and I think sometimes some of our best shows have been when we have just been real and we've chatted about things and we've just kind of, yes, we love having guests on the show, but we are going to do a slightly different format. I'm not saying we're never going to have guests again, but Hannah has come up with a great run of show and today is day one of that run of show. So listeners, I mean, it's going to be a whole experience. Let me just break it down. I'm gonna do this one time only, and then from there we're gonna you know, but this is exciting to me because boy do I love a good structured lay of show. So we're gonna start and here we go. I'm not gonna do this every time. I'd be like first up host chat, but just to just we're gonna always start the show with a little life updates, whether it's what's going on our life shows, were watching things we got going on. So let's get into it right now, Kristin. You just got back from the Bahamas.
Speaker 2: I did. Was it the best time ever? It was a fine time, and then it was a great time. Yeah, okay. So we went to the Bahamas. We were supposed to stay three nights, two full days. I was having a panic attack. You and I talked to me basically onto the plane and into another country. Yes, because leaving the kids is hard for me. I did get a lot of good feedback from listeners saying that they also felt the same way. So I felt less alone. And then we got to the Bahamas and our stay was less than charming. At the resort that we stayed at, it was it doesn't take much for me to feel like I'm on vacation, So for me to feel like I wasn't quite on vacation really felt sad to us. So the last day we're there, we had one of the we were with the other half of our duo and we all to each other and we're like, man, we could use like another day. We felt like we were doing a lot of like you know, talking with management and trying to like get just shifting things around. Anyways, all that to say, we decided to stay an extra day in the Bahamas. So Kramer calls me on Monday and she says, hi, AM just checking in on you. Are you home safe? And I said, well, You're going to be really proud of me, and she squeals, I feel like you could have been crying. I was like, you were like, are you still in the Bahamas? And I said, BF, I am. We moved resorts. We're getting our redemption day. I'm going to leave tomorrow. But it was that was the day I needed. So I feel proud of myself for pushing myself out of the comfort zone. I also feel proud of my four nights. Wow, and that was too many, by the way. I mean, it was great to be with Preston, but I'm like I needed to just breathe air. I could tell I need to be with the kids.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But I also just felt really proud of myself for like taking the assessment of what I needed and then attempting to get it good for you.
Speaker 1: She was really proud of you. We were talking about something and she goes or she called me or something she goes.
Speaker 4: Guess what she was like, Kristen stated, an extra day. It's not like me.
Speaker 2: No, I was so proud of me. The only time I've ever done that is when my whole collection was with me. So like if we stayed extra a long one time doing something, but it was like all the kids were there, so something like who cares?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, Catherine, I want to throw something to you. Okay, I don't know if you want to talk about it, okay, But we had a so it was Jolie's birthday weekend we went to she really wanted to stay the night at opery Land and then she wanted to, you know, do the water park or whatever. Love missed it. We're very sad to miss her, but it was a great time. It was so much fun. Catherine slept over with me at opry Land. Do you want to talk about what happened the next day?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, I'll talk about it.
Speaker 3: Because it's like, I mean, I don't I actually never really looked into actually what happened, but just that sheer panic and when you were texting, I mean I couldn't even I can't even imagine, So why don't you take it away?
Speaker 4: Okay, my heart's like racing. Christen's like what's happening.
Speaker 1: So we were at Oppy Land at sound Waves, and all the other kids are other places, nixt other places. I'm like, crainsy, let's go have a girl's days.
Speaker 4: Like okay.
Speaker 1: I was like, let's go to the mall, Let's get some clothes, let's go eat, let's do all the thing. We'll get ice cream, all the stuff. So we head over to Opry Mills mall and we.
Speaker 4: Were like circling the mall. You know, we'd gone to all name, We'd gone to all these stores.
Speaker 1: So we had sat and the well, actually we ate first, so we sat in the food court and we ate, went to a couple of stores, and then we were in Sephora and I'm like, shakey, it's weird. I haven't really talked about this. Sorry, No, it's fine. No, I definitely wanted to talk about it. It's just like I haven't talked about it really out loud.
Speaker 3: But so which there's a lot of emotion behind that. Yeah, like it which is weird. Yeah, well because it's scary. Yeah for sure, got panic feeling, I can can imagine.
Speaker 1: So we are checking out in Sephora, and we start to walk out with like all of our bags. And as I'm as I'm looking out, I see I'll never forget the one man I saw. But everyone is running, like panic running, and I look across and the store and I see two people taking their doors at the other store and shutting them really fast. And so it just I just knew, and it just hit me, and I took Ramsey.
Speaker 4: She tells me. Now, I grabbed her neck.
Speaker 1: I thought I grabbed her hand, but I grabbed her and I said, hold on to me, baby girl. We have to run and we have to hide. Really, yeah, I know, I haven't really talked about it. So we run to the back of the store. I kind of remember everybody else like it hitting them. I remember seeing some of the workers and it like registering on their face, and everyone just like took off through the back of the store.
Speaker 4: So we go to the back of the store. But the problem is when you get to the back of the.
Speaker 1: Store, it's this huge area. It's like where trucks can come up, like an exit ramp and like all that. But I mean it's behind every source, so it's like in the middle of the mall. It's just this huge open area and there are just people flooding it, right, But in my head, I'm like, obviously I'm assuming there's a shooter in the mall.
Speaker 4: I'm like, if we're down.
Speaker 2: Here to have the lockdown, that just at.
Speaker 4: This point, At this point, I don't I just.
Speaker 1: When did you text me? Not for a while, Okay, I'll tell you. At what point I tell you, I have not touched my phone. At this point we get to the back, I'm holding onto her some house, still holding onto the bags, and I'm like looking at We're all kind of looking at each other.
Speaker 4: We're all running.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's hundreds of people at this point, all flooding to this part, and we're like, where do we go? What do we do? Does anyone know what we should do? I remember saying that to somebody.
Speaker 2: And this part doesn't open up to like the outside, well all.
Speaker 1: You can see, no, it's to the inside, but all you can see is there's a ramp that says exit. So there was a group of us it was like maybe we go out, and then someone who's like, but what if they're waiting at the at the exit? So we all kind of stop, we slow down and we just all kind of and then one person was like, everybody just stop and stand still for a minute. So everybody just kind of stopped, and we ended up at the back of another store, but like still in that space, so we all just kind of stopped, and then all of a sudden, this lady was like, Okay, he says, we're free to go, and I was like, who says we're free to go? He's like the person and I think it's like rebokers. I don't even know where we are. And she's like and I was like, wait, I need more information. She's like he's a detective. He says it's fine. The people that need to pay for their stuff pay for their stuff and go. And I'm like, that's just that's just weird. So we slowly start walking through the store. There's like a couple of us, and we're like, are you sure? So I start walking out and as we walk out to the center of the mall, there's a group of like i'd say probably ten cops walking and the food court is right to the right of us at this point, because we're on the other side of the mall now, and they're like, hey, y'all need to go that way, and so I'm like okay. And so I was like, couldn't we get to our car. I don't know because my car's over there by the outside of the food court. So I see a female cop standing in front of the store in front of us, and I just look at her. I go, can we get to our car? Can I get to the car? And she goes, I don't know. I don't think so, but you need to make up your mind. You need need to get to your car, get in here right away. And I was like okay. So I was like, we'll go in here. And it's locked. You know, they've locked down at this point. And now I can hear the intercom's going shelter in place, stay and you know, hide, be quiet, code, read alert or whatever.
Speaker 4: And so I was like okay.
Speaker 1: And then this is when I slightly start to panic because the store person was taking longer than I would like, and I was like and I screamed. I was like, please let us in, and the cops like, calm down, she's going to let you in. You're fine. So they let us in and this store ran it beautifully. The workers were like all the kids in the back, so.
Speaker 4: We go to the back.
Speaker 1: There's already probably twenty people in the back at storage space, maybe thirty. I couldn't even you know.
Speaker 4: So we go in.
Speaker 1: There's another little girl who's panicking. So we get to this point and finally I like can stop. And we're hiding in there essentially, and I finally, I mean, I don't even talk to Ramsey minus like literally, don't let go of me. You know, I haven't talked, I haven't done anything but run essentially at this point. So we get back there and we're just there for I don't even know how long. So I kind of talked to her and I'm like, baby, you're being so brave, you're doing so good. You know, we just have to sit here. I don't know what's going on. We just have to be quiet, and so kind of talking to some people around us, trying to figure out what's going on. We're all quiet. This is when I finally get my phone in text thought. I was texting Nick and I was like, something's going on at the mall. Please see if you can figure out what's We're in shelter in place or we're locked down. Well, apparently I look back at my phone. I had texted Emmy on accident a church thing. She and so my phone's almost dead. So I put it back down. I'm talking to Ramsey again and I look back and I was like, oh man, and and he responded. She's like what do I do? And I was like, just call dad, and so she called Nick. He texted me. I was like, phone's about to die. He's like, put it on airplane mode. I'll see if I can find anything out. I can't find anything. No one's really reporting anything.
Speaker 4: I see a.
Speaker 1: Little bit on Twitter. Just put it on airplane mode to check in. So we're there for like ten minutes, but the thing going off. But I start to kind of calm down because I don't hear gunshots or anything at this point, you know. So I was like okay, and then someone said it sounds like there was an altercation between two people, you know, but that's all I know. Like everyone's trying to figure out what's going on. So then they they're like, okay, all clear. And then there's I mean, you walk out of the store and there's just cops, I mean so many cops, and they're leading us out to the to the parking lot, and that's why. I was like, are we even safe to go to the parking lot? And the cops like just keep following everybody, and then you get out and every cop in Nashville is there. I mean, we walked outside. I've just never seen anything like it. You know, they have like their stuff popped up, like headquarters, like they're announcing over their thing or like all civilians report to Pauladines, which is across the parking lot over there. Most people got in their cars and started going, but then it was a mad house because everybody's trying to leave and everybody. So I was like, baby, let's just go to Puladines. That's what they're saying to do. We're not getting out of here anyway. So we go to Pouladines. That's when I plug in my phone and that's when I.
Speaker 2: Texted you, Oh my gosh. Yeah, and this pops up and I'm not even registering that you guys would even be there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean, I mean it popped up.
Speaker 3: I remember, Yeah, I had, like you know, Jesse and Sydney texting me because the people that saw that we were at oper Land and I was like no, but I'm like, Cat's in there, right now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Like, I mean it was crazy.
Speaker 1: I mean, come to find out they're saying it was it was a domestic dispute, a girlfriend was basically beating up her boyfriend. I guess people swear all the things I've been reading, people swear she held up a gun.
Speaker 2: I also saw the same.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the reports now are saying there was no evidence of that, but glass, I guess shattered everywhere, and so that's what scared, you know. But then you also have to think in a food court, those chairs are really heavy and loud, so people started panicking and those started flying. So I think that maybe people thought that they heard but everybody treated it as if, you know, And I think that that's what's so weird about it now is I was like, it wasn't a shooting, Like we were not in the middle of a shooting.
Speaker 4: But it felt like we.
Speaker 2: Were in the middle, you know, you weren't.
Speaker 4: I mean, you just.
Speaker 3: It's just well, what some show and what has happened and what we've seen, it's not like it's in something that couldn't happen, right, So that's where it's like, I'm glad that all the precautions were taken. Yeah, and that it was taken seriously. Yeah, because the day that it doesn't is when, yeah, it could be something terrible.
Speaker 1: I mean I think they were there in record time. I mean I give props to I mean they're saying yeah, so.
Speaker 2: But still what a crazy experience.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it was. It was really really scary.
Speaker 1: And then I mean I was like, Ramsey was just I mean, one sweet little girl was just I mean a flood of tears. But Ramsey cried a little bit, but she was pretty you know, she was like doing her breathing and stuff.
Speaker 4: So but she seems to be okay. I was worried she was going to have PTSD.
Speaker 2: For the rest of her life, but she said anything since.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that night she slept with us, she had a little bit hard time going to sleep.
Speaker 4: I mean, she was emotionally exhausted.
Speaker 1: But and then the next night, I mean she'll just say things like, whenever I put on these clothes or whenever I get this from Sephora, I think about that day, you know, and when we talked about it a lot in the car and stuff, so like I just want to get out of here, and she's like, I feel like I'm too young to I have dealt with this.
Speaker 2: Well, she's not wrong, right, yeah, And I was like me too, I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: It was crazy.
Speaker 2: I guess I didn't think that was the same day y'all were there, Like in my brain, I saw it come through. I actually texted I have a stylist friend who's out there often, so I was like, I just need to know you're okay. Yeah, and she was like, no, I'm good. Not in the office. She calls it the office crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah. So anyway, so that was my part of my lovely week.
Speaker 3: I'm so sorry, dang girl. Yeah, well this is it.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I was like, I'm like my update or whatever, I'm gonna mostly go to because she'd wrote down there like shows I'm watching.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 3: Let's I'm just gonna do a little light gap on that bell, uh, gentlemen.
Speaker 2: Netflix, p American Primeval also Netflix. We stowed it.
Speaker 3: We started outcast on Netflix. It's like the series. It's this reality series of these people that group up and live in like Alaska to see how long they can last. We started that last night and I'm like, I would not make it one night in that freezing cold weather.
Speaker 2: Did you finish? American Primeval. I finished American Prime Eval. We did too. Would you think I was really sad? Shocker? I cried, I was emotional. Yeah, I cried.
Speaker 3: I was sad, but it was so beautiful, like very empowering. Yep, so you all should definitely watched that. I started another show that's an old show, but it was I think it might be a little too You would hate it, Kristin, I think it's a little too dark.
Speaker 2: What is it? Yellow Jackets? Oh wait, this sounds familiar.
Speaker 4: I loved Yellow Jackets until it just wasn't anymore.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm only three episodes. I don't know if I finished it.
Speaker 3: But I'm also Paradise. I'm up to date on that. That's on Hulu. That's with James Marsden Gerald McCraney, which I checked. Texted him and I'm like, oh, I just missed Gerald.
Speaker 2: I started. Have you watched Lout? No on Apple TV? No?
Speaker 3: Oh, I need everybody to get in Apple TV. Apple TV does not promote any of their shows. I never know any of the shows. It's a little treasure checking is but that's my only date, and then Valentine's Day is coming up, so I just kind of realize that and I need to figure something out because I feel like I put it always in his hands. Yeah, do you know that every year person has to ask me have we talked about this?
Speaker 2: Yes? Yes? I love that still hasn't asked. Oh looks like I have no Valentine And I'm how many days out?
Speaker 3: Kat, you had said something in the group chat? Is this on the rundown of things? Do we keep going or is it something you want to Is it in the host chat? Is it in the whine about it? Because that's our next section of the.
Speaker 1: Show might be I feel like I don't usually have a lot, but I feel like this week has just been a really rough week.
Speaker 2: Well that's fair.
Speaker 3: To segment two, so they'll get I'm not going to do this every single time, but we're going to have a section of the show where it's whatever is happening in our life with kids or husbands, something you need to vent on and need your friend's advice, because I think a lot of times people when they come to our shows, they relate to each one of us, and you know, not every time are we going to have something and it's not. I don't even want us to feel bad about cause first time I heard this, I'm like, well, what are we like venting about? We got great lives? Okay, great, and this is frustrating me with either a kid or a husband. And we are all friends. You guys are listening. You know you're you're there to'll you know, hold us up and you know be there too. So who wants to kick this one off? And again we don't all we don't all have to have one too, you know what I'm saying. Like, it's just like each week, you know, one of us is bringing something to whine about it. So Catherine go.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm sorry to be like the Debbie downer this week, but it's just been like last week was a really rough week. So we had a friend of ours who committed suicide. I won't go into any details about this person anything. I've known him for a very long time. Nick is probably closer to him now, even though he met him through me. But for me it was interesting because and I don't know how much I've ever talked about this before, but it was basically my feelings around it. And where I want event is that when a suicide happens, my immediate reaction is just anger. And a lot of that goes back to, you know, my mother attempted suicide.
Speaker 4: I think two or three times. I don't even remember.
Speaker 1: I just remember that the last time she was on life support, I walked in and I was just like angry, you know, and I walked out, which is a whole nother story, and it's a lot.
Speaker 4: But when these things happen, am I the only one? I just go?
Speaker 1: It just feels so selfish to me. And I understand that there's a mental health part of it. I understand all of that, but you know, with this story, these kids now have no parents because the mother had already passed away. So it's just I'm having a hard time, you know, and Nick is struggling with it. But I'm like, I'm trying to be there and I'm trying to be whatever, but I'm still in such an angry spot about it. It's just been a really hard It's it's hard. And as I've seen things and I've looked at things, I'm like, everybody's like, and obviously I'm sad and I will miss him and you know all the things, I'm just I'm kind of at an angry spot and it's just kind of a hard I need help with that a little bit because it's hard to get out of.
Speaker 2: Well. Anger is just sadness typically, the root of it usually is a sadness. So I think that feels very fair. Angry is floating because you're protecting yourself a bit, Yeah, because it's probably history, I HD but.
Speaker 4: That's just yeah, I mean enough.
Speaker 3: The connection between you know, for sure, is that that you're you're still angry at your mom. Potentially there's a percentage in there which then goes into the the angriness to then somebody else who does right, Yeah, you know, yeah, but I can what I When we talked about this, it's it's hard to wrap your mind because it's like, yes, we are obviously very what's the word, Uh, I don't know the struggle of that mental health Like, yes, I've got my own mental health issues, stuff with either anxiety or whatever, depression at time, whatever it is. Like, you know, when I was talking to Sarah about it, when we talked about it, it's like we really don't know how bad something must be for them to do that, you know, and where we can go? Yeah, I'm like how I can't. I don't I don't know how someone could when when you're thinking about the kids aspect, how you know, again, she didn't have a choice, you know, cancer took her life.
Speaker 2: He had a choice.
Speaker 3: And so that's hard for us to wrap our minds around it because we are in a healthy mental spot to look at it so like it must have been bad or that to have been the only option. And that's what makes me sad about it, like that that people think that's the only option. And yeah, that's the mental piece of it that I'm like, we don't know how bad that was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well that's sad, Yeah it is. And I think I'm coming around to that in the sense that I'm like as a father, I mean, I have to believe that it was so bad that, like you said, that he felt like that was his only choice, because to choose to leave your children with no parents, I have to believe that it was just so bad for him that that that was his only option.
Speaker 4: And I do.
Speaker 1: And that's sad, and that's you know, and that's you know, but it's just it's just a hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I have been to that place, the suicidal place before, but I didn't have kids. Yeah, So I think Preston and I talked about this a bit because that came through while we were out of town, and I think, like I just kept saying to Preston, I was like, I hate that something was so bad that he felt like they were better off without him, right, yeah, you know, because I think that's the only place you could be to make that choice, is to think like they're better off without me, And I hate that for him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Or maybe it's even And that's the thing where I guess we don't understand. Maybe you get to a point where you're not even thinking about that. It gets really dark, guys, like you're not even thinking about I also think.
Speaker 2: In the position he held, I don't think that. I don't know. I don't know how well he felt like he could lean in like we like, we're such a tight community in Nashville. But when you hold a position like that, people have this perception of you. And so I feel like, and as a man, I know that is a thing too, like that prideful right right? Yeah?
Speaker 1: And I think that's where Nick is really struggling, because they actually had a pretty deep connection and they talked about a lot of things, and I think it's like, Han, if only I would have known, not that you could have done anything, but like you would never know. Having no idea is such a hard.
Speaker 2: I think that's the biggest thing I've learned. When I shared my story finally, it was like people like, guys, you just wouldn't you wouldn't know? Yeah, but why though? What are what are?
Speaker 3: Why won't you say something? So if when you were in your suicidal moment, why didn't you feel like you could talk to someone? And obviously we didn't know you then, so I'm just like, why did.
Speaker 2: I feel on the other side of that? How special is that? Yes, very there's a lot of big life on the other side of that. I get emotional. I'm sorry, do you know I want to talk about it?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: Sorry guys. I have, by the way, not had those thoughts after having kids because I have gotten better and educated myself more. And I also just wish people could know, like how many people feel this way? Like it's so wild, so many people feel this way. I mean I will once in a while go on my Instagram and just say, like, if you were having like a perception of our world right now? People are inundated with perceptions all of the time. Most nine percent of the perceptions you're seeing are not real life. And I feel like when I've gone on and said like, if anyone's having a really hard time, I want you to reach out to me, like I'm going to stand with you in one more minute, you know. But I just wish people could know you Guys like a second husband, three kids, the friends I'm talking with right now are all on the other side of that, a whole life on the other side of that whatever, shame, guilt, sadness, like you are not alone and there's people dealing with it too, And I hate that people don't know that they have that. It really makes me sad, Like it makes me sad for him, It makes me sad for his kids. I felt the sadness because I just thought, like, why does he Why would he think that no one would care about him enough to hug him and just tell him it's going to be okay. I hate that mm hmm.
Speaker 1: And for someone who had a lot of people around, so many, a lot of people, and that's scary as an outsider who has not dealt with that, to see that and go, man, it's not the person you'd think. It's not the people that go many they look depressed or they look you know, like they I mean, it's that was very eye.
Speaker 4: Opening to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean Robin Williams.
Speaker 4: Yeah you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Well I really hate to go to my wine about it one.
Speaker 4: But I'm gone. Sorry, I really didn't know.
Speaker 2: I did tell you I was emotional today.
Speaker 4: Sorry.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that's also honest I said to you today. I was like, I'd rather you'd be heavy and honest. Yeah, okay, I just because of our is it the.
Speaker 4: Price that I don't want that?
Speaker 3: But I'm winding so much about it that I'm looking at chickens for a chicken coop, like to get to have chickens.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hereybody, And if you can't, I can't. No one will know your reeler has.
Speaker 4: Something to say about that.
Speaker 2: I don't get a rooster, you know, the behind that no one will be if.
Speaker 4: You had a rooster, this whole neighborhood would hate you.
Speaker 2: I want first the eggs.
Speaker 3: Okay, my wine about it, and this is just actually it's an interesting topic too, but I am kind of annoyed about it. So we have a friend, we have a group chat going on right now.
Speaker 2: And Alan and I and Alan and.
Speaker 3: I talked about it because it also bothered him, and so I was like, oh, and so we got to have like kind of the kind of the conversation together because he said, quote unquote, who leaves a group chat without even saying goodbye?
Speaker 2: And to have him talk.
Speaker 3: About it is even funnier. So let's pind that for tonight's dinner when we go out to dinner. But there's someone in our group chat that that we that that joined our group chat and then left without saying goodbye.
Speaker 2: And that's my issue.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm whinding about, because I have left group chats now and I'm gonna tell you a few of them.
Speaker 2: Nancy, sorry is she?
Speaker 4: She?
Speaker 2: Let's tell you.
Speaker 3: But there was a fantasy football group and the last year, I'm like, I can't do it this year. I didn't have time and I did terrible the year before because I didn't put time into it. So I was like, hey, girls had so much fun last year, but I can't do it again this year. I saw, I'm leaving this group peace out, you know what I mean. I've left some softball ones because or a soccer one because Jolie isn't playing soccer this spring. So I'm like, hey, guys, like, hopefully we'll see you in the fall, but I'm going to piece out of this group. I've never left a group message without saying at least goodbye, right, So it bothers me that this person and I guess Alan too, which is so funny. And so we got to talk about it, and I'm like, I really want to bring this to the girls to see their opinion. Do you announce when you're leaving a group message?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 3: And but we have a girlfriend, Sarah, who was thinking about it, hates group messages, hates them with a passion, but she doesn't leave them.
Speaker 2: Well putting her back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we keep putting her back, but she doesn't leave them a lot, you know what I mean. And then she'll voice and she'll be like, hey, guys, like, sorry, I'm overwhelmed with the sixteen messages, which respect sure, Okay, Lisia says something she also doesn't like them, but go ahead. I love your take because for some reason, I'm sorry I'm whining about it.
Speaker 2: I don't like it. Just say goodbye bye bye something.
Speaker 1: I mean, here's my thing. A I don't love when you announce or not announce. You can mute it. For this for what this group child also said muted. Well, that's what Nick said, and it goes, I hate group chats. He goes, all my group chats are muted, and he's like, and I don't always respond. He was like, but I'm not going to leave. So we talked about it too. For what this purpose was. It felt very unnecessary even to just kind of leave. So because it's not like one that's going to go crazy, she's going to be She.
Speaker 2: Left a representative in the group, which is why I think she thought she can leave because her husband's still in it. Also in the husband the defender. I'm like the whole day, I'm like, this was a wild I appreciated my own joke about it. I was like, oh, okay, I will say I actually reached out to that person and was like, you know, you can mute them, you don't leave. Yeah, And she was like, wait, I can mute this, and I was like yeah, She's like, my life has changed. I said, you can mute anyone and she didn't know that. So maybe we talk about that tonight.
Speaker 4: No, I do. I'll say this.
Speaker 2: I I was not you guys, I'm in a group. I'm in a group. Chat. I've been in for four years and I haven't seen these women in five years, and I want to leave in the dark of night, just really quickly. At one I am just leave conversation. But now I'm like, well, I can't. I see it. It did not bother me because I just know this person's personality. I think is that, like, I know there's an allergy to group chat. So I just it felt like a Sarah Brice moment to me. But Sarah is so explanatory. This one really just dipped didn't even know, laughing emoji.
Speaker 3: Like you want to be a part of something and we're letting like, you know, we're including you in, you know, and then you're just then take it. So that then I was like, I would say that I think she I don't know, and I'll be interested to see what she has to say. I think because she left behind such a fine representative of her household, she thinks that's fine because she really will tell you he does all the planning, right, Well, yeah, okay, that's so we'll have to follow back to it when we have a conversation.
Speaker 1: Talk about this when we have here though, or when we had Macy on about like leaving it, leaving a group chat, and if you do that for like attention or whatever.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh we did talk about that.
Speaker 1: It just seems like I don't see that her either. Yeah, it seems more like a Sarah like I'm overwhelmed. I can't handle it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, which is very much her personality. It's fair if you're wanting to be a part of I.
Speaker 4: Just don't know if I would have rather been announced or not.
Speaker 2: I would like announcements chats.
Speaker 4: Don't leave group chats.
Speaker 1: I really don't like if I'm in like a group for like a softball or something like that, or those all make sense to me, but otherwise I'm like, I just don't have to respond.
Speaker 2: Yeah, same moving fun. We're going to also do.
Speaker 3: We're going to do headlines of the week, right, so after we wind about it a little bit, a little vent sash, we're going to talk about the headlines of the week. Here are the headlines of the week. Do we want to talk about Bianca nude? Grammy's look? I would like to say if I looked like her, I would be wearing no clothes all the time. Body is amazing, exceptional a specimen.
Speaker 2: Would you? I don't know, I don't know, and I won't know you.
Speaker 4: Actually, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I would in Jesus' name love the opportunity to find out if I would do that or not. I don't know. Maybe I would.
Speaker 3: The first thing I thought was wow, love the confidence, Like, yeah, that was confident. The second thing I thought is everyone has a different way of uh what's that word? Self expression and fashion? But I had a hard time finding the fashion and no clothes. I also would say, and I'm just gonna get grilled. I don't care. I felt a little. I felt like it was a little disrespectful. Well, I'm My thing was I'm glad my daughter wasn't watching the show. Yeah, yeah, I don't want her seeing that.
Speaker 4: Person want to see that personally, I don't want to see that.
Speaker 3: I leave.
Speaker 4: That's just me.
Speaker 1: I know I'm more conservative because there's so much that can wait to see. But I have other issues with this whole situation. Oh Cat's got double fingers. Have issues with this situation. If you really watch the way it all happened, she a looks like she's barely there. She looks so distant in her eyes, and if you really pay attention to the video, it looks like he is telling her to do it and she is hesitant and not wanting to take the jacket off.
Speaker 2: Not like that. Oh, I need to read it to her jacket. By the way, she's beautiful. She loved her jacket. I also has a type.
Speaker 4: Right first, I was like, are they back together?
Speaker 2: To me?
Speaker 1: And this is just my opinion, it felt controlled by him. We know, we know as a society that he controls what his women wear. He is the one behind saying what they wear, and that felt very controlled. And to me, she looked uncomfortable at first with wanting to and maybe I'm wrong, but I didn't.
Speaker 4: That part of it really bothered me.
Speaker 2: And a minimum she was cold at a minimum for sure, so she was uncomfortable. Yeah, there's no way she was saying room temp.
Speaker 4: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I think it's his art, not her art, which is another issue of it. Just it's it's to me, it feels him controlling her, and I don't like that he.
Speaker 2: Should have to go naked too.
Speaker 4: I don't want to see that either.
Speaker 2: I don't either, but I don't think it would happen, is my point.
Speaker 3: Speaking of the Grammys, there was some.
Speaker 2: Shooting.
Speaker 3: I had had this already and I totally forgot to. Okay, so, uh, there is a obviously Beyonce one best Country album. Can we thought when we start with your thoughts about that?
Speaker 1: So the whole thing where just about we're just talking about where she won it.
Speaker 3: I want what is your what is your thoughts on her winning Best Country album?
Speaker 4: I'm not the best person to ask that question.
Speaker 2: I mean.
Speaker 1: We it's not fans that are voting. First of all, thanks, so let me start there. And so this is all very controlled by a certain group people.
Speaker 3: So let me just piggyback off of that, because this was where I was going to go with with this, like them, hate them whatever. John Rich tweeted out something I personally, John Rich has always been lovely to me. I've always I've always liked John Rich. I follow him on Twitter. Uh do I agree with everything he says?
Speaker 2: No? Do I agree with you know? You know? But I do like I do like him.
Speaker 3: So he had tweeted out something that said, folks are asking me how do music award shows work? Labels, publishers all have blocks of votes. They make deals with each other. You vote for mine, will vote for yours type thing. It has zero to do with who made the best music. Thus Beyonce with Country Album of the Year, so and he goes, And that's how it works for CMAS, ACMs, Billboard, et cetera. All work exactly the same. Last night, the Grammys outed themselves in a big way. So I think there's the vast majority of people do not understand how ward shows work. I did not know how award show, how award shows worked until I was nominated when we did the ACMs. Now this which is why I only really technically like the fan voted ones, and even some of those are slightly rigged, But like, I had no idea that it was that's how that worked, and that labels just traded and managers trade. Everyone just traded votes and it wasn't actually about who was the best or what was the best. And that's so sad to begin with. I feel like it all should be voted by peers and not just industry people trading votes. Personally my thing now when it comes to you know, Casey musk Graves, which is the headline, Casey musk Grave speaks out on the alleged Beyonce diss after the viral reaction. First and foremost, there have been many videos. Remember back in the day when Faye Hill to carry Underwood and she was like what and she does that face, you know, and that was a whole big thing, right, and you know they're both there's amazing, right artists whatever, every person that has you all see like they've got a camera on their face. Now, you know, to Casey's and she's you know, she basically said, you know, she's like, I don't really care. It doesn't affect what I'm doing. It's just, you know, I was I've always just been doing my own thing. And that's Casey. She's very much like she's she's like the coolest of cool, like always super cool. And but my thing too is I'm like, well, of course she's going to be upset she didn't win too, like she should have won, like you know, or or lady or you know, like those are pure country albums, you know, and so I who doesn't want to win? So like, I'm sorry if her reaction wasn't all like oh yay, like she didn't win, like of course she would want to win. So I'm I wonder to the people like that were like mad at her reaction where it's like we're saying anything about it, Like what would your face look like when you just found out that you didn't win, Like okay, takes a second to register, and then you're gonna clap, you know, for the other person, like you're going to be disappointed. So like, well, that was silly to me that that even became a thing like of course, like.
Speaker 2: Well then are we going to be met at Beyonce for not being over the moon because she looked like she had just gotten I mean she was shocked, shocked. Yeah, so like then we could equally be like, well, you're not a gracious one, you know, like that's crazy. Everyone's allowed to be a human for a second, right.
Speaker 3: And I like, you know, the people saying, you know, even Beyonce had quoted too that she goes, this isn't a country album. This is a Beyonce album. So like she even herself said like this wasn't a country album. So you know how she got into that category.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I like Beyonce music, you know, and I'm not even going to touch on like any of that stuff. It's just more you know, to Casey's thing, it's like, well, of course, like she would have wanted to win, but she wasn't actively trying to do anything against Beyonce. So I just think that's a wild and ridiculous headline.
Speaker 1: I think that. But at the same time, and this is not Casey or Beyonce. At the same time, I think people are naive to not realize how much.
Speaker 4: There really is.
Speaker 1: Between all these female artists, like not like actively like fighting with each other, but there's a lot of competition between all these female artists, especially in country but also in the other genres. So to actually believe that they all are really just yay, I hope so and So wins, Like, Eh, let's just be real. Everybody wants to win. Like you said to Piggyback on that, no one's truly I hate to say that, there's maybe few instances, but very few of them are actually rooting for the other people to beat them.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna I'm gonna say something to Taylor Swift though on this. I think I loved everything I saw about because she didn't obviously take she didn't take anything home, but her reactions she could have like to me, I'm like, didn't even look like like she cared, which is awesome. She was like having the best time ever. She was having so much fun and like just cheering for everybody. Like I think she does it the best way because it looks just like authentic and just cheering for everybody and like truly like happy for each person that wins, because she has won so much and she has well.
Speaker 1: And I think a lot of people take especially Grammys very different. Grammys are different kind of awards. Your typical people who are especially in country, that are winning at ACMs and cmas are not the people that are winning Grammys. The people that truly are going for Grammys are I hate to say this, but a little bit usually a little bit more artistic, a little bit more really about the music and that stuff really matters to them. Not saying but maybe to Taylor, Grammys aren't that big of a deal, like she's won, like look at her, you know. Like so I do think that she genuinely is excited for other people. But I also think that there's a nice competition between all the females as well.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: I mean, and to Casey Musgraves, like Architect is probably one of my favorite songs, you know, Like, I don't know if you guys listen to the album, but it's a fantastic album.
Speaker 4: And she's one has she won several Grammys.
Speaker 2: I don't know how many of that she has one, yeah.
Speaker 1: Because she's one of those artistic ones who's not going to usually win at ACMs or CMAS.
Speaker 4: But when Grammy's I feel like.
Speaker 2: Your thoughts, kb oh word shows are hard for me because I have I'm married to a few time nominee and we go in knowing that we won't win well because it's all political. Yeah, So it's just really yeah hard, Yeah, and I think they I think that that is probably the most honest thing said so far by John Rich or the most honest thing said about this is by John Rich with him saying like they really pulled back the curtain here. It's quite obvious.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I mean it's one hundred percent truth what he said, but it is I.
Speaker 2: Would like to say too. On the artist side, I think it's just wildly defeating when you're getting dressed up and you're when when everyone's walking the carpet knowing that they're not going to win. I mean, it's just.
Speaker 4: Well and I think really unfair.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to bring that up because I've had several artists I've worked with who are like, I don't want to go, correct and then you kind of push them to go or or you know what or whatever don't go, and then people start complaining. Fans are like, why are they not going? They're disrespecting country music? Well, you know, walking in, you're not winning, And.
Speaker 2: It's a lot of money to it is.
Speaker 1: You got to pay to go, you got to get ready, you got to be red car. It's a lot, and so you know, that's that's a hard part of it where people start getting mad, why are people not going to a ward shows? Oh they're not you know, they're not winning, so they don't want to go, you know. But I mean it's a lot.
Speaker 2: I do think, Like for us specifically, we accept that it is an honor and so we're always like we're honored and you will always go. But I can see how especially if you've been doing it a lot of times. Yeah, it's never you right, just like okay, it gets defeating, Yeah for sure.
Speaker 3: Kylie Kelsey wasn't going to tell Jason if she went into labor on game day. She goes, I'm the type of person who's just going to do it. She explained, So my answer to that, in a conversation with my husband and I had was if I go into labor, because they stay in the hotel and it before I go into labor, and you are going to be playing a game while I'm pushing this baby out. I'm not telling you. What are your thoughts? So you, I mean you haven't had your husband. Well, you've had your husband, but he's had to like fly out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't have him, uh to two times he's flown in and met me at the hospital, right, but like he was there when you have the baby, Yes, all three times. Would you ever not.
Speaker 3: If okay, let's just put yourself in if he had a game or whatever, would you not tell him that you were going into labor?
Speaker 2: No? So what are your thoughts on that? Then? Yeah? I don't know. I mean, I maybe it feels different because it's because it's sports, Like I mean, ours is just one show. It doesn't go towards a total of anything. We're not gearing towards a championship of anything. So that's where it would be different. These are like life things. I know that it is football in his life for everyone, So that's also very tricky and that's their livelihood. I get it. So I don't know what it's like to be married to a football player, but I can tell you that ours was canceled the show and get home cap. We don't cancel shows after the baby's here, though, just so we're clear. So back out on the road we go. Yeah, yeah, I mean, there's no like maternity unity.
Speaker 1: I do think it's different. I think that the the behind this is that if she tells him, then he's going to be in his head and he's not gonna perform his best at his game, and it's gonna be detrimental, and that is a huge part of their let's keep in mind livelihood, Like that's huge. First kid, who I'd have a hard time with it. Third kid, I would have been like, it's fine, you know what I mean. Like by the third kid, I was kind of like, why you don't need to stay here tonight? Go home with the kids, you know. But first kid, it just feels so I don't know, you know, but I would have done the same thing. It would be hard, and I wouldn't be happy about it. I'd be really bummed, but I would probably do the same thing.
Speaker 2: And I do think people are made differently, Like what's the thing.
Speaker 3: That's what I was gonna say about her, Like when I look at her, I'm like she's she looks like just a badass, Like she's like I got this, Like I don't need you, I want you, and like I love her.
Speaker 2: I like I've always loved her vibe.
Speaker 3: I think she's really cool, Like she's someone that like yeah, it just to be like a really on hang and I could see her just being like, yeah, I like I got this. And there's a piece of me that like almost like envies that, like because I'm so like, no, I need to hear like you know, I need you to hold my hand through this because I'm gonna pass out and freak out. Like there's like kind of that piece where it's like I wish I could have a piece of that badassness where it's like I'm like I can do this, I got this.
Speaker 2: I'll call you afterwards. Hey it's a boy. So like I'm like, true, I would so love that, Like that's cool, you know, yeah, but that is cool even for our family, Like Preston goes back out on the road, it's like but that's our livelihood and that's what we're that's what we have to do, and I know that will work into the career. And so it's like I think, because I've been in the career, that's why I think maybe it works for them, because she is built different in the way that she can even be an NFL wife.
Speaker 1: What I'm saying, you have to be a little bit I could to be an NFL wife anyway. Right, it's such a mentality. I mean, think of all the things he's missed. I mean, I know a baby's the biggest, but all so at the same time, they're kind of used to that lifestyle and missing a lot and yeah she's yeah, she's a badass.
Speaker 2: Have they had the baby? No?
Speaker 3: No, Okay, onto ending the segment. Guys, again, I want to do this like that.
Speaker 2: I just have to like structure.
Speaker 3: Thanks for verbally walking us through. Yes, this is how it's going to walk through. But we're going to always end the show with a little life advice. I think again, something that we love and that we've uh, you know when we went on tour was the Q and A session when someone would kind of either as ask a ask oh my gosh, ask us a question, or you know, tell them tell us about their life and you know how we can maybe help them. Again, we don't have PhDs. You're not therapist, but boy if we spent a lot of time in the couch, so so please DM us any questions to the wind Down account wind Down podcast on Instagram, any questions that you guys have and if not, we'll just leave you with a piece of life.
Speaker 2: So we have, but we did have a DM because we asked yesterday.
Speaker 3: So here here it is high ladies looking for outsider perspectives. I'm a step mom to an adolescent girl and I have two of my own children. There is a lot of tension with the biological mom of my bonus daughter, especially that she and my mother in law have more contact than I do with my mother in law, my husband an ex wife's marriage ended seven years ago. It kind of hurts but also pisses me off. My mother in law thinks it's okay to send picks of my family to my stepdaughter's biological mom, so picks of my husband and our babies to his ex wife. I've literally only met her once in our six year relationship. My mother in law sees nothing wrong with any of this. She thinks it's just no big deal to share our life with my ex husband's ex, well, sorry, with my husband's ex. She also keeps secrets from us regarding what goes on when bonus daughter is at biological mom's house. Long story short, Is it normal that I've met the biological mom once? In sixs? And?
Speaker 2: Is?
Speaker 3: And is it okay that mother in law has such frequent contact with her ex daughter in law love that's her ex daughter in law love from a Michigan mom.
Speaker 2: Woo woo, Michiganders.
Speaker 4: That's I mean, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm not divorced, but I feel like the first question, is it normal to have only met once? Possibly? I mean I feel like that could be normal to not really be involved with. But do I think it's weird that the mother in law sending all of that and that that's not that seems to cross the line to me.
Speaker 2: So without is she's she assuming she's the glue? Is that what I'm understanding? Because because those are all her grandbabies, she thinks she can merge the world's Probably.
Speaker 1: Yeah, probably. I just feel like that should maybe be a discussion, like, hey, are you comfortable with this? I won't do this if you're not, but here's why I want to do it or something.
Speaker 3: I would go to the husband, yeah, and say this makes me feel uncomfortable that you're mom is doing this and getting on the same page with him, so that way, it's not her just going to the mother in law and saying sure this, Like, I feel like that's where the husband needs to step up and say, my wife does not feel comfortable with this, you know, can you not do this?
Speaker 2: I agree? And I also think I don't have anybody sending anybody pictures and my kids related or not related, like that's not up to them. Well, that feels very strange to me.
Speaker 1: Maybe depending on if the husband is in contact with the ex wife, Like I think it's appropriate if the current wife is comfortable with her going straight to him and saying, can I have some pictures of the family if she wants them, Like, I don't necessarily think she needs to go to the mother in law.
Speaker 4: She should just go to the dad.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I'll say this, though, there is a generational gap that I think we need to acknowledge because that I'm assuming that writer or that listener is around our age, and so we're dealing with a group of a different age, and they really love pictures a lot. Yeah, Like my mom requests pictures so that she can just I'm like, Mom, you don't need to show you know, doctor so and so, because they if they cared, they could follow along, you know. Yeah, So it's like a weird. But also like we share on social media, so I know that seems counterproductive too. I just it's it is just a different generation where like I think it's being probably she's coming from a place a gracious assumption. She's probably been super proud, but it does feel a little I think you're trusive.
Speaker 4: I think she should.
Speaker 1: She just needs to go to her husband and say she's uncomfortable and have him talk to her.
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I actually don't even know who or if the if the ex wife really enjoys getting these photos either.
Speaker 2: Think about it where I'm like I wife. Like, for example, if.
Speaker 3: Mike is having a baby with his girlfriend, Let's say they have a baby. If Pam sends me photo of I'm sorry, no, who would that be? It would be how does that work? Yeah, it would be sending me photos. It would be like his mom, it would be it would be it would be But that's but is that the you know, because it would be my husband's be on the other side. But either way, like I, well, no, that's not right because it's not an ex because if Mike was remarried, right, but would be this is my husband's mom.
Speaker 4: Oh we're ok ye ya ya yah, yeah, yeah, yeah it would.
Speaker 3: So I'm like, i'd like, okay, I'll say hi to the cute baby that I see that they make maybe one day, but like, I don't need you to send me a photo. And even if we were like cool, like and we're fine, like I accidentally this happens all the time, but I every time I say hey, Siri, call Pam, it calls Pam her like, and then it's like I'm like and then it's like it's already rang the ones and she's like me and I was like, I didn't mean to. I was like, Hi, how you doing, And we have a conversation and she's so we're all fine, everything great. But like even if we had a good conversation, I'm sorry, I don't want pictures of my ex husband's kid with his new wife.
Speaker 1: I don't we need to find that part out, Like I want I'm curious wife.
Speaker 3: Because maybe they can both come together and say hey, mom, stop fucking sending the.
Speaker 4: Pro could get together, but nobody wants these fights.
Speaker 2: Maybe they're together for the second time in six years and that's the topic of conversation.
Speaker 4: Our advice get together with the ex wife and find.
Speaker 2: Out life advice. There, I have it.
Speaker 3: We'll hope you guys enjoy this episode and I rundown I loved it.
Speaker 2: Is this the conclusion of the show, Stay tuned for next week. We're going to say bye now by bye bye.