Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio, the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong, Joe Getty, Armstrong and Gatty.
Speaker 2: Enough he.
Speaker 1: Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 3: I'll start, as we often do here at the Department of War, with the bottom line up front for the world to hear and the press to actually admit that the United States is decimating the radical Iranian regimes military in a way the world has never seen before. Never before has a modern capable military which Iran used to have been so quickly destroyed and made combat ineffective, devastated. We said it would not be a fair fight, and it has not been.
Speaker 1: That is all true. However, it doesn't really have anything to do with the issue of the day. Was just the whole strait of Hormuze situation. Anyway, We'll get to that in the second. This is getting a lot of attention. As Pete hegsit. The Secretary of War describes the current Supreme Leader.
Speaker 3: We know the new so called not so Supreme Leader is wounded and likely disfigured. He put out of statement yesterday, a weak one actually, but there was no voice and there was no video.
Speaker 1: It was a written statement. He called for unity.
Speaker 3: Apparently, killing tens of thousands of protesters is his kind of unity. Iran has plenty of cameras and plenty of voice recorders. Why a written statement. I think you know why? His father dead. He's scared, he's injured, he's on the run, and he lacks legitimacy.
Speaker 1: It's a mess for them who's in charge. Iran may not even know we blew off his beer. I told you disfigured beardless. So I think that's baiting the guy. Hmm, like, show your face before we get into the substance of it.
Speaker 2: Does Pete hags Eth not sound to you like a guy who's ready to fight you right now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? He does sound like that.
Speaker 2: I mean like if a reporter took a run at him, there wouldn't be that half second of oh my god, what's happening.
Speaker 1: No, he'd be cocked and ready. Let No, he'd be thinking, finally I wanted to fight somebody, That's right. That's why the Colin Jost portrayal of him is that way. When they comes out all right, listen up, dip whats Yeah. I love virtually everything he says, though, Yeah, I think so. Uh. The strikes of the substance, the straight of horror mooze situation. He was asked about that. All the chatter now is did you prepare for this properly? And he was asked that and answered, yeah, right.
Speaker 4: Here, yeh sugar, you have said that the US midal jay is essentially aerial superiority, naval supiority over Iran.
Speaker 1: Yet we're not escorting ships in the Strait of wour Youth. Why how did you not.
Speaker 4: Plan for this?
Speaker 3: We plan for it, We recognize it because ultimately we want to do it sequentially in a way that makes the most sense for what we want to achieve and ensure that we're sending the right signals to the world when we do so. So when Chris Wright speaks or we speak, it's based on a full assessment of what we're up against, what we want to say to the world, how that we want them to see and understand the conflict.
Speaker 1: So go ahead, well, I was going to say.
Speaker 2: Kim Strassel wrote a brilliant column for The Journal this morning, Trump's energy triumph, and he writes, she writes, the democratic media complex, which we just heard right there, seems determined to get everything wrong. About Iran, though few efforts compare with this week's work to tag the Trump administration with the global energy crisis. Not only is this uninformed and overdone, the sudden concern over energy security comes about three years too late. And she points out that Trump and his drill baby drilling, and we gotta be self reliant and have domestic production. Fredy, oh, yeah, that is absolutely made this situation. I can't put a percentage on it, but much much, much less damaging than it could have been. And to hear the Democratic media saying we've got to have oil flowing.
Speaker 1: It's so important that oil flows, and Trump's not doing a good enough job, I mean, is just hilarious. But I thought this was really interesting for Mark Alpern's newsletter today because he has sources in the White House that are, you know, in favor of this action and close to the president. So here's what he writes. In its initial days, the public story of the conflict with Iran was one of force momentum success. The briefing stress to what had been hit, what had been degraded, what had been decapitated, Naval assets, damaged, command and control, disrupted, missile capacity, diminish villains eliminated on paper and in early headlines, it looked like a campaign moving with confidence and purpose. But in the last few days, based on my reporting and conversations with people in and around the administration, including some who support the mission, I have developed real doubts about where this thing stands. He said. Let me be careful here, because this is the kind of subject where people hear what they want to hear. I'm not saying the original objective is foolish. I'm not saying the mission cannot still succeed. I'm certainly not saying that to question the execution of a war effort is somehow to root against the United States or its military. That is not serious thinking. It is not patriotic thinking either. He goes on to talk about Walter Cronkite famously, you know, questioning the war at Vietnam, and Lyndon Johnson, President at the time, saying if I've lost Walter Krunkite, have lost America, and Mark Helprin says, I am not Walter Cronkite. But right now, the biggest problem is not abstract. It has a named the Strait of Hormuze. If the United States and allies cannot reopen that waterway to commercial shipping, then much else about the effort becomes secondary, maybe at least somewhat useless. Doubts have grown over whether or not they had prepared properly, or that they have a plan to deal with this. The pre war cogitation is that thinking fancy words for thinking fancy. The pre war cogitation by Team Trump about the Strait and how to keep it open seems at best to have been insufficiently planned for, and a failure to open the Strait in a fortnight or so that'd be two weeks, many analysts and sources say, could lead to world oil prices rising to two hundred dollars a barrel, which would likely create catastrophic consequences worldwide. I like a lot of what he said. One more thing and then they go perfect deleted. The question being asked now, including by allies of the administration inside the Beltway, is how the United States could enter a conflict of this magnitude without a more fully developed answer on two obvious fronts, hormus and drones. Hm yew the drones thing? Is there on earth a satisfying answer to that question? I have no idea that's the.
Speaker 2: Great military challenge of our time. That seems a little unfair, the Hormuz thing. Maybe they didn't really have a plan, or maybe it's just going to take a while to execute the plan. But I know this, most thinkers didn't think the Iranians would mine the Strait of Hormuz or Straits of Hormuz if you prefer, because it's so critical to their own oil exporting they wouldn't want to make that a war zone. But now that they have, I guess the US is thinking about taking that carg Island, which is enormously important to their oil industry and exports and everything else and revenue, because we've got to get a hold of that and shut that down now, right. Yeah, Yeah, it's a hell of a problem the.
Speaker 1: Whole they didn't have a plan. They didn't have a plan. We're in the middle of a war. It may be just and look, I know always in favor of the Trump administration guy, but it seems to me the time for that analysis is maybe down the road. Well, if we have to do now is a question, Well, if this reporting is true, is reporting is people inside the White House who are supporting of this mission are saying, did we not have a plan for this? Oh? Boy, so that's what he's reporting, right, Okay, fair enough. So I wonder just to end here, no matter how supportive you are of the president, President Trump, no matter how legitimate you believe the aims of this conflict to be, there is reason for concern, not panic, not despair, but concern based on what people are saying inside the White House.
Speaker 2: The more I think about it, if you were to pre launching the attack to list just like three threats or levers that Aron has closing the strace, so horror moves would be on that list of three, you wouldn't have to go five deep or ten deep.
Speaker 1: It's right there at the time, possible that they completely thought of it and thought, ah, we just got to hope we hit them so hard that they can't cause problems. I guess either way. I mean, you still might come down to either way. Tomorrow at two o'clock, the Supreme Leader and forty of his cabinet are going to be up above ground, and we know exactly where we either hit him or we don't. Excellent reminder. Yeah, and it might just be that. But this looks like a stick, but a problem. This looks like a problem, like a real problem. How we get that open back up again?
Speaker 2: The other factor that may well be at work here, And I don't know if Halpern's been talking about this at all, but is uh. I still don't think Trump, maybe until recently, gets religious fanaticism. He thought the usual levers applied in the usual ways violence, you know, such sanctions, whatever, would get the usual results that he's gotten from, say Venezuela.
Speaker 1: He thinks everyone's a businessman. Yeah, yeah, that's a good way to put it. I don't think he gets that.
Speaker 2: No, No, they will watch their entire country and every person in it burn a fiery death before.
Speaker 1: They give into the Great Satan. And they themselves are willing to die, which because then they'll be at Allah's side with all the virgins, which I don't think he can wrap his head around either.
Speaker 2: So many virgens. He got to like learn all their names. I mean that just seems respectful.
Speaker 1: Anybody around, anybody here with a little experience, huh, Yeah, can just say, have you know, like how about forty virgins and thirty two galzu who know what they're doing? Forty five year olds have been around the block, Come on here, got the skills?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anyway, I'm not a.
Speaker 1: Scholar. You're not a scholar. I'm not an expert on the Koran. No hi karama. These are weird times.
Speaker 2: Well well, well, on a lighter note, Bigfoot is rampaging across Ohio. I've been digging into those details.
Speaker 1: And seems legit to me, and I want to get to this later because there are some interesting philosophical discussions that have around it. If they actually have figured out how to freeze brains and then thaw them back out, what does that flipping mean going forward? Horrifying zombie apocalypse? I think, or certainly, you know, preserving your your brain for a future where maybe they could put it in a body that the future doesn't want my brain. The present hardly does. There's always that. Okay, we got lots on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 4: Benito Mussolini's granddaughter will compete on Celebrity Big Brother in Italy. Is the weirdest combo of Dictator's descendant reality competition since Survivor was won by Brenda Hitler.
Speaker 1: Obvious punchline. So but okay, the word is crepo preservation. I guess that's the official term. For freezing a brain and bringing it back alive, and it's never been possible till now, and that when you freeze a brain it destroys the cells and you can't thought out and have it still work. But they figured out a way to freeze the cells in such a way that it doesn't destroy them. And they sliced up brain tissue from mice and have frozen them for a week or so and then thought them back out. The freezing and the throwing have to be very careful and still gotten a brain activity that could happen. So they haven't done it with a full brain yet. But that's well, Covin said, where am I? What's happening to me? Same day, different cheese? You know?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how about the length of time because you can get freezer burn.
Speaker 1: But obviously this opens the door if they can perfect this to all kinds of wonders where someone could have a terrible disease, freeze the brain, get to the point that we can cure the disease, and then you know, you reanimate your brain. But we'd have you'd have to put in a body though in that case, because we still haven't perfected the brain transplant. So what good does it do to to bring it? To freeze a brain outside of a body, bring it back alive? And now you're what a guy who lives in a jar? According to the fifties sci fi movies, Yes, yeah, and you can speak and stuff like that. You can speak I don't know, and command people to kill, as I recall from some movie I watched as a kid, boy that gets into some serious thinking about human nature. If I am h I don't want to I don't want to make this dark. But like if I if i'm if I lose the ability to do anything, speak or move my body at all, and I'm just a brain? Do I want to live like that? Well, that's what you'd be in a jar.
Speaker 2: Could I like to do crossword puzzles and stuff like that? Surely elon musk and you're gonna do crossword puzzles all day, every day for the rest of eternity. Well, it's just a forsss for the rest of eternity. I mean, you'd have like one man, right, it'd just be a long later. Yeah, yeah, yeah, No, I'd watched TV. I'd watched golf. I think boy, I watched it. I wish I could play golf, but I don't have a body. I keep forgetting.
Speaker 1: I'd watch TV. I don't know. I would read books. I just don't know if there's any point of being just a brain. How are you going to hold these books? You don't need to go to the library get the book. Well, that's right. I have no eyeballs, you surely well, and I have no ears. Wait a minute, Wait a minute, wait a minute. Well that's what I'm saying. Unless they perfect all those other things, who would just want consciousness, can't see here, feel do anything. But I'm alive. No, No, that's that's a horrifying nightmare. Yes, it is a horrifying nightmare. It limits you, that's the understatement in the air. That is the subtle joke of the day, Michael Ashelo's subtle comment of the day. It limits you.
Speaker 2: Well, for those who are fans of science, I find this super super interesting.
Speaker 1: The problem. And they've always talked about this as various rich people or ballplayers or whatever, we're gonna get their heads frozen. That when you freeze tissue, crystals form.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And as the water freezes, the crystals expand, they puncture membranes disrupt the intricate network of neurons ultimately destroy the connections that make the brain what the brain is. But this team of neurologists in Germany circumiting the problem by using a technique known as vitrification, which cools tissue so rapidly that it prevents ice crystals from forming at all. Instead of crystallizing, the liquid inside and around the cells transform into an amorphous glass like state, preserving the tissue structure with all molecular motion effectively halted.
Speaker 1: I think I read the whole article, though I don't think it ever got to the next step that we've just been discussing. Okay, So even if you can take a brain, freeze it, and thought back out and it still functions, you got a long way to go before you've accomplished anything. In my mind, you've got to be able to put one thousand miles. We gotta start. You gotta put it in a body.
Speaker 2: Well, right, But there's no point in doing the other stuff until you can figure out you can preserve a brain.
Speaker 1: So this is the first step, an important first step. I need eyes and on something that I can't imagine. Yeah, yeah, but anybody's brain's been formed, frozen in the past. Ted Williams, the baseball player Frozen's brain Walt Disney that they didn't freeze it in the right way, so they're out of luck. They're just frozen brains that won't ever work. So yeah, they're all messed up, too bad, Armstrong and Getty.
Speaker 5: After several delays, the US Space Agency NASA has set new dates for the launch of its Artemis two Moon mission. Liftoff is now set for April first, with six alternate dates. It will be the first crude lunar trip since the Apollo missions fifty years ago. The ten day crude mission would loop around the Moon. The rocket has had problems with various fuel leaks, but on Thursday, officials finished a two day flight readiness review, an evaluation of whether the spacecraft, rocket, and ground systems are prepared for launch.
Speaker 1: That's exciting. I heard.
Speaker 2: I think it was on ABC that NASA somebody said there's about a one in thirty chants of crew loss.
Speaker 1: I'm on that crew. I'm thinking, whoa, whoa, what wait? What wow?
Speaker 2: And can we call it a mission without a mission with crew instead of a crude mission?
Speaker 1: Because I hear crude mission.
Speaker 2: I think there's gonna be a lot of swearing and breaking wind or something like that, the crude mission to the Moon, or if we're gonna paint graffiti on it, or it's a hand hewn wooden spaceship exactly right, right, So this didn't get near as much attention as I think it should have. Pew did a giant worldwide poll with tens of thousands of people asked in surveys a variety of questions, and one particular thing stood out. America uniquely among countries in the world, and by a lot, don't trust or have good feelings about they're fellow citizens. A majority of Americans said people in their country have bad morals and ethics.
Speaker 1: Only country whereas a majority and if you want to compare it to other countries, for instance, in other countries such as Canada, ninety two percent of Canadians feel that the other people they live with have good morals and ethics. Ninety two percent say it's good. In America, it's fifty three percent bad. In Mexico, eighty three percent of people in Mexico thinking o other people in this country are good. People in Britain eighty two percent. In Germany three quarters Israel seventy percent. We are the only country that is upside down and by a lot. What the hell is that all about? Boy howdy? I mean, part of it is diversity, because if you don't have a shared set of what is good morals, you don't have a shared answer to that question, then how in the world would you say, well, he has completely different morals than me, but he appears to stick to them. No, that's not the way people function. I don't know if that theory that's part of it. I don't know if that theory fits in with this or not. The view in the United States is influenced by partisan divides. Sixty percent of Democrats and Democratic leaning independence rated fellow Americans morals is bad compared to forty six percent of Republican and Republican leaners. Okay, so it's too high among Republicans, but it's significantly higher among Democrats to think the rest of their country is immoral and lacks ethics. Oh my gosh. That's probably the primary explainer, although I'm sticking to my immigration thing too. Is a part explanation.
Speaker 2: It's what we've been talking about a fair amount lately, which is conservatives think most lefties are misguided.
Speaker 1: They're just wrong.
Speaker 2: Their policies aren't as good as they think they are, whereas the left thinks conservatives are evil baby eating monsters.
Speaker 1: That's got to be a significant factor. I'm reminded of this great quote. Who said this? I should have jotted down who said it? I think it was Matt Tayibi.
Speaker 2: Political disagreement is increasingly treated as a serious moral offense rather than a simple difference of opinion. When you see the world that way, punishing someone for holding different views becomes a moral good.
Speaker 1: Political polarization among the strongest anywhere in the world. In the United States, over seventy percent of Americans say conflicts between political parties are strong or very strong. They are correct. I would be with that seventy percent, But that is we are an outlier in terms of that also, which probably fits in with the other number pretty well. Shouldn't it be a cause for concern that we stand out in so many ways in America? We are exceptional America also in the fact that we think the people we live with suck. I mean, and like Canada, practically nobody thinks they're fellow Canadians. The suck the same way to all these other countries. That's a problem, and then one more thing to throw in, very low trust in government. The US also stands out for extremely low institutional trust compared to other countries. Only twenty two percent of Americans say they trust the federal government most of the time. Are always I don't think I do. I'm in the majority. But by the way, it's nine percent of Democrats in twenty six percent of Republicans. I assume if you did this pull during Joe Biden's presidency, those numbers would flip. This is dramatically lower historically than numbers for instance, in the fifties and sixties, eighty percent of people trusted their government most or most of the time. Are always eighty percent. Now that was probably misplaced, but a number of twenty two percent is incredibly low.
Speaker 2: I think it's all a measure of how far left the left has swung in this country. The bulk of the left, you know, the pig in the python. If you're looking at a chart of political beliefs, it's just the parties or the two philosophies used to.
Speaker 1: Be so close.
Speaker 2: There was so much overlap, and a few things over here on the right, a few things over there on the left that was not overlap. But now the bulk of certainly the energy and the Democratic Party is way way left. And so as you switch parties what they do, I'm sorry, when you switch parties that are in power, what they're doing is so foreign or hostile to you you can't support it, I guess.
Speaker 1: But culturally, can you turn that around? Has this ever happened before in the Roman Empire? Did the majority of people think, Man, everybody in this empire sucks. It's not happened in other countries. We're the only country in the world is like this the majority. So I don't know what you say about that. Yeah, that's bad, it's unhealthy. Certainly I would say, hey, on that topic.
Speaker 2: There are a couple of things to uh expand the discussion to one I think is going to have to come next segment. But, uh, Barack Obama is a rotten, rotten human being. I've never been a fan. You're a pretent pretentious college lecturer think all things. All the world is a you know, think tank, and you can just you know, bore people into complying with your brilliance. Anyway, Obama's going to come in for a kicking in a few minutes. But uh, do you know the name David boys b o I e s famous, famous attorney. Two of his most three most famous cases were unquestionably left or Democratic.
Speaker 1: He was Al Gore's lawyer in Bush Vigor and he uh represented the plaintiff in the case that invalidated the ban on same sex marriage in California.
Speaker 2: And he's at all sorts of super heavyweight clients. But anyway, he's he's definitely a Democrat. But he wrote hell of a good piece.
Speaker 1: It's entitled Partisanship on Iran is Dangerous for America. Trump is doing the right thing for the US, and we Democrats should judge the war on its merits good for him.
Speaker 2: He opens with every past president since Bill Clinton Republican, a Democrat alike, has declared that Iran could not be permitted to develop nuclear weapon.
Speaker 1: I know, not one acted to prevent it. I know there's several examples of that, but stating over and over again one thing, it is certainly true. And how many presidents say this, Iran will not be allowed to get a nuclear weapon and everybody cheers, but you don't do anything to enforce that. Yeah, Trump finally does, and you kill him for it, he writes.
Speaker 2: Every president since Ronald Reagan has condemned Iran's role in terrorism against American citizens, interests, and allies.
Speaker 1: No one acted to stop it. Instead, each president left his successor with a more dangerous Iran and a more complicated threat to address. Last June, President Trump undertook a limited military operation does to interrupt the development of nuclear weapons and discourage them from continuing blah blah blah. In the face of Iran's refusal to come around, he began the current military campaign. I'm summarizing now back to the text.
Speaker 2: If he hadn't acted, his successor would have been left with an even more dangerous choice than his predecessors left him. Three or four years from now, the Uranian missiles now hitting Iran's neighbors could be hitting Berlin or London, perhaps even New York or Washington, perhaps with a nuclear device or at least a dirty bomb. No sensible person wants a war a president, at least of all. Wars destroy lives, waste treasure, and are usually unpopular. But the widespread hostility to this military action seems untethered to any serious discussion of the merits.
Speaker 1: What is the alternative? He asks, Boy, that is exactly what we've been saying. And I think reasonable people have been saying, when I hear endlessly on all these other channels, why are we doing this? They still haven't explained. Yes they have. Every president has explained it for decades. We can't let Ryan get a nuclear weapon, and they're the weakest they've ever been, so let's stop them now.
Speaker 2: Obviously that's the end of the discussion. Well, Ran right, it should be, But he asks, what is the alternative? Obviously few are prepared to say it is simply to permit religious mad men who swear death to America and back up their threats with terrorism, just to hear nuclear weapons and the capability to deliver them. The scope and scale of Iron's response shows how much its military capabilities have progressed and how dangerous it would have been to permit them to increase further. For three decades, we've tried everything that each president could think of. We'd try being nice, talking tough, moral suasion, negotiated agreement, economic sanctions. None worked. The problem is that there's only one language Iran's leaders understand, and he goes on in that vein. But then he points out, I also.
Speaker 1: Understand and deplore the fringes of both parties that apparently hate Israel and Jews so much that they oppose any action to neutralizer on Israel's enemies. What is harder to understand, particularly troubling for our country, is opposition rooted simply an antipathy toward Trump himself. We used to you know.
Speaker 2: And he goes into the history blah blah blah, and then he goes into most important criticisms have historically been based on policy differences over the military action at hand, not knee jerk opposition to the president himself. Many Republicans supported mister Clinton's military actions and President obama surge in Afghanistan. Many Democrats supported George W. Bush's actions in Afghanistan, and at least initially Iraq. More Republicans than Democrats probably supported LBJ in Vietnam, et cetera. But this is just knee jerkism, and he points out it's just terrible for the country.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was listening to a podcast yesterday in which they were discussing the fact that it sure seems like they're rooting against us on a lot of these cable news shows. Yeah, I would say so that they want a negative result, that they would be gladdened by a negative result. And you know, the following the whole bomba of the school thing, they're really you could I feel like you could tell they're really hoping we hit that school. That's that turns out to be true. Yeah, they're really excited about reporting it. I could hear it in their voices. That's weird. You think any sane human being would have a spirit of oh man, this is bad news, folks. It looks like it was our missile. But no, their tone was, oh, this is great. This is exactly what I've been saying. The US is evil because that's what they think and enjoy thinking it. For some reason, it gives them comfort the crowd that it makes them feel good to hate on America. So we feel.
Speaker 2: Enlightened and accepted by their peers for expressing hatred of their own country.
Speaker 1: That's the long and short of it. Clearly, all right, we got more on the way. Stay here.
Speaker 5: Chipotle is set tomorrow to offer customers with tattoos buy one, get one free entrees from three to four pm. Well, customers without tattoos will probably just oh somewhere nicer.
Speaker 1: Iran has stated their preconditions for a ceasefire. Oh so they're pretty hilarious. Oh, but we'll get to those in hour three.
Speaker 2: Also, one of Jerry Garcia's most famous guitars was auctioned and they expected it to get one to two million dollars. It went for eleven and a half million dollars. Which guitar, the Tiger guitar. Okay, holl it wow? Eleven million?
Speaker 1: Yeah. You know, if you're a super grateful dead fan who's got more money than you could possibly spend in a lifetime, it'd be freaking cool to have.
Speaker 2: What would your networth have to be to suspend eleven and a half million dollars on a guitar? Like I would buy one of John Lennon's guitars or Paul McCartney's Hoffner bass or something like that.
Speaker 1: If I had unlimited cash a tremendous amount, it'd have to be eleven and a half million. You'd have to have like two hundred and fifty million, wouldn't you got at least? Yeah, you're gonna spend five to ten percent of your net worth on a guitar. Huh, anyway, happy shopping. Oh, I said, do you know what a drop is? It's super hot in marketing these days. Everything's a drop. If everything's a dropped, then nothing's a drop. We'll talk about dropping tomorrow or the next hour. Rather, So back to bitter partisanship and this, don't anybody freak out. We're going to point out that Trump and the Republicans did something dumb, and.
Speaker 2: We're gonna point out that the Democrats are flaming hypocrites of the highest order.
Speaker 1: So a little criticism for everybody.
Speaker 2: It's about the jerrymandering fight that the Republicans arguably the mid census. Normally you wait to look the what do you call it, disenial census, every ten year census to do redistricting. Well, Trump was afraid of losing some house somehow seats in Texas, and so he redistricted to kind of beef up, you know.
Speaker 1: Our chances. The Republicans' dances are hanging out to the House.
Speaker 2: And of course the Democrats are taking their revenge by further gerryman daring California and Virginia. And it is on Virginia that we're going to cast our gaze for a minute. And here's why the absolutely hilarious things being said and the people who are saying them about the gerrymandering in Virginia. The ballot language for the referendum, which is going to be in April, asks if voters want to let the legislature adopt a new House map to restore.
Speaker 1: Fairness, quote unquote, by which Democrats.
Speaker 2: Mean they'll be favored in four additional districts, pretty safe looking districts, so they can take ten out of the state's eleven seats to restore fairness. They're going to be taking ten out of eleven seats in a state that went forty six percent for Trump, so last year.
Speaker 1: Practically a fifty to fifty state when it comes to the presidential election, and it's going to be almost entirely ninety one to nine yes with the representation. And if you haven't seen the way the lines are being drawn, it's the most maybe the most egregious in the history of germandering, which goes back to the founding of the country right Indeed, and no one is talking about it, by the way, You're still hear talk about Texas and how outrageous it was they did what they did Barry Obama has now endorsed the referendum because, of course he is quote Free and fair elections are the cornerstone of our democracy, but right now they are under threat, he said in an online video.
Speaker 2: This amendment gives you the power to level the playing field in the mid terms this fall. What a way to characterize giving nine percent of Virginia seats to Republicans when they won forty six percent of the presidential vote.
Speaker 1: The ironies abound.
Speaker 2: During his last State of the Union address, Obama said, I think we've got to end the practice of drawing our congressional districts so that politicians can.
Speaker 1: Pick their voters. Yes, not the other way around. Correct, Let a bipartisan group do it. I agree with that. Barack Obama an outfit like I don't know. The Virginia Redistricting Commission in twenty twenty, two thirds of the voters gave approval to a constitutional amendment to create the body, which is split between Democrats and Republicans, lawmakers and citizens, but it ended up deadlocked after the twenty twenty census, a frequent problem with such commissions, so Virginia's current House map was drawn by bipartisan experts under the state Supreme Court. Watch blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: But now Obama calls for a gerrymandering exception in Virginia rather than the principles he so long espoused. You wonder why people turn off politics and politicians just go about their lives. I mean, that is just, that's beyond hypocrisy. That's just it's disgusting.
Speaker 1: Race to the bottom. Yeah, I mean, it's punching us in the general littles intellectually. It's an unforgivable attack. That's quite a phrase. Is that the best you can come up? It's punching us in and the genitals intellectually, Yes, utterly, by anybody's standards, a horrible thing to do. We do not have time for this kind of silliness. I agree. What a piece of crap you Wow, that's rough. That's part of an I apologize. We're checking on the Iran war. There's some interesting doings. I hope you can join us in our three