Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: All right, guys, welcome back another virtual episode edition, Quarantine edition.
Speaker 4: So we got a very dope episode.
Speaker 3: We're gonna highlight a very impressive entrepreneur, the Dune Thompson. You probably saw his shirts, T shirts, hoodies worn by a variety of different celebrities, mainly Envy. A lot of people watch the Breakfast Club. He wears it a lot, and it's called My God Versus My Enemies. That's the name of like the I guess the most popular shirt with the clothing brand itself. It's called Body of God Clothing. So doing shout out. So I got Mike, Mike, Mike really hooked this, hooked this up. He's actually been talking about it for a while.
Speaker 5: Definitely, I'm excited to be on here man. Now we definitely probably played tag at some point last year, but you know, we get caught up. But you know, everything is timing, man.
Speaker 4: Everything happened when it's supposed to happen.
Speaker 2: The world sold down, so it's perfect time.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yeah, So first and foremost, thank you for joining us.
Speaker 4: Appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Thank you guys for having me on my head.
Speaker 4: For sure.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, this is an interesting conversation because you know, we like to highlight entrepreneurs and the clothing business is something that we've we touched on before, but it's always room the covering more. We haven't like really covered it in depth, and especially from the merch standpoint as far as hoodies, t shirts, because these are simplified items that like when most people start a clothing brand, that's what they start with.
Speaker 4: T shirts, hoodies, sweatshit, stuff like that. Like we all we are Alicia, that's what we have, right.
Speaker 3: So it's like, you know, this is something that you don't have to have a factory to do. You don't have to have h you don't have to go to f I T or one of these colleges to figure this out. But it's something that's also difficult as well. It's not easy, and especially to launch it on a on a high level and to have you know, celebrities wearing it and kind of go viral online and things that.
Speaker 2: I think one of the most important things.
Speaker 6: You need this vision and a plan, and you definitely have both of them. So I'm excited for the world to hear about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, So this is something I think is going to be a lot of value to a lot of people.
Speaker 4: And whether you're in the clothing business or.
Speaker 2: Not, I'm sure you're inspired by a lot of things.
Speaker 6: Number One, there was an eviction process that that kind of got got in the way of some things and you battled a few breakups.
Speaker 2: You want to get into that a little bit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we can get into that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about it.
Speaker 5: So let's let's talk about that. So I was in a relationship at that time and the person I was in a relationship with, you know, and still got no animosity. We don't speak or anything like that. But it was just more of a situation where like you know, uh, you it's a season. You learned that, like you know, you can be with somebody and you know, think that that's going to be forever. But you also, what I learned from that situation is the minute you start putting people over God, God has to be first in everything you do, you know what I mean. And I learned that, like you know, in Christianity, we know there's this verse in the Bible, but we serve a jealous God. Like you know what I mean, The minute you put somebody over God, God is going to let you know, He's going to give you an opportunity and you'll hear it and you'll see it, and you know, sometimes you call him bread flags. Those are the things that when God shows you certain things and he says, look, I need you to separate and be more focused on me. And at that point I was like, nah, I'm not separating, even though I've seen certain things that showed me that, like at this point this season, but this person was over. So now after God has has told you what you need to do and you don't do it, the next thing is God is going to do it and it's gonna hurt. So there's a there's a there's a quote that I've been living by this like last couple of weeks, which is, if you were obedient when God first put it on your heart, it wouldn't feel like much of a sacrifice, you know what I mean. And that's with anything we do, like when we think about like even you guys, as you started this amazing, I want to call it a podcast, but it's bigger than that. It's a movement. I think with you guys, even starting that, there were times when you think back to when you felt like you should have made the move just do you know what I mean? You just have to do without really thinking overthinking things at times, and that time when I was in that relationship, I definitely realized that, like you know, once you start making when something once you're making more deposits into a person, place, thing, and they're making more withdrawals than deposits. Wish you then it's not a balanced friendship relationship anything. So it just got to a point that that person walked away from the relationship, you know what I mean? And you know it's no shade to it. I understand things happened and I had to figure it out, but I was I was blown away by this because I just like, I had invested so much into this person in relationship that when that occurred, I didn't know what to do next. So what did I do? Just sat and got depressed. I really felt I stayed in the house. I didn't work. I really was like, you know what, I didn't really It was never a point that I really said like, yo, I'm gonna kill myself. But I can see where people when they deal with these that thought bounces through your head because you're just like, yo, life sucks, Like this was not part of the plan. Like and then you're watching this person thrive, and then you're like and and on top of that, you still have to interact with that person because we have so many mutual friends and you're playing it cool when you're seeing them, You're saying, hey, what's up, and you're and they're happy and celebrated, and you're like, I'm dying over here.
Speaker 2: Why I'm so starting.
Speaker 5: The milk in the refrigerator because you've left me. So you're sitting there and you're really like yo, and it's not really at the end of the day, it's seasoned sometimes, like you know what I mean. I never fought that person for what happened, because you know, everything's a season and you have to understand it. And sometimes you know, like I said, God will always give you the opportunity to know when the season is over. Now, if you don't move, if you don't have the the I would call it the relational intelligence that tells you when it's time to separate from certain things, places, or people, then when it does happen, you're going to be flat on your face. So that time I had to you know, I was in an apartment and just wasn't working. Really, I actually had started working at Amazon at that time, to be honest. That was another job that I did, which was cool at the time, but it wasn't cool enough to pay all the bills. Because once I started Amazon, I was already I was already three months behind on rent and I was just trying. But I wasn't really doing that out of passion. I was just like working because I was just like, I gotta I gotta eat, you know what I mean. And at that point in time, I really now, I'm really proving to my parents, you didn't go to law school, this is what you get. So I'm like, no, you know what, I'm definitely not going back home. So I had to even go through the process of going back. Finally, I just got to the point when I came outside, car was gone. I was like, you know what, I'm not sitting in this Wait.
Speaker 2: Wait they repolled the vehicle or this is like New Jersey drive.
Speaker 5: I took the car outside and it was an empty spot. I was like, was I drunk last night night? I parked somewhere else? Walking around, the car is gone, you know what I mean? I was tight because I had a couple fly sneakers in it, two and everything. Man. I really even tried to just get those back at that point. But in that space, the only thing, the only thing I was left with at that time was my faith and being in that time that I was just dealing with like being folks. I had to focus on God a little bit more. I was in church a lot more. I was in church on Sunday, I was in Bible study on Tuesday, I was in Midday Word on Thursday. It gives you an opportunity to like, but it does give you an opportunity to focus on what's more important. So in that time, I had to be faithful over little things so that God can make you a master of many things, you know what I mean. And that's kind of like what really happened is that I started, you know, doing a lot, working at a lot of homeless shelters, Like I just felt the need to be given back, you know what I mean. That's what I felt, Like I heard God say, you know what I mean, give back. I would have little money and somebody would ask me for money, and I would just be like, I would give it. And it just got to the point that like in that process, like the idea came to me that I wanted to create a clothing line. Like first it was really like I can use this to bring in some type of finances, you know what I mean. It's some additional money. But in the same token. It was like I wanted a brand that really gave people overall an opportunity to talk about God, because I feel like now in this day and age, it's so hard to have conversations about God. Having a conversation about God nowadays, like having a conversation or like around November and asking somebody who they're voting for, you know what I mean, And it's a crazy conversation to have. Even in this day. You would think that everybody would just be like, you know, I'm not voting for Trump. But at this time we know now we're like, let's hold a vote, Like, you know what I mean, I'm not sure I'm not voting. It doesn't mean some people are saying it doesn't matter to them. But like in that same token, when it came to talking about God, it's a tough topic because people are very politically correct when it comes to talking about faith.
Speaker 3: It's funny you say that, because that's what they always say, never talk about politics or religion, and you just did both of those.
Speaker 5: Yeah, have no fear of talking about that politics. I'm probably more like liable to like and I've already pulled the cat out the bag on that one. But I do feel like, yeah, I understand how touching that topic is because I really you know, that's one of the things I don't know, Like you know we were talking about. I think prior to this we had mentioned the power, but I don't know. But we'll get into that also, Like that's why for me, I don't really talk about politics. I just know, like what I feel is right and what I feel is wrong. But bringing that back, taking that back and talking about the brand. So I wanted to start a brand that specifically focused on giving people an opportunity to talk about God. But I actually ever happened to open your mouth, you know what I mean. So you know, that's when my guy versus My enemies came about, you know what I mean, And my God versus my enemies really my enemies. At the time when I started that was like I didn't have physical enemies. I felt like I get love from everybody that's from my area, whether it's New York, Jersey, whatever, I get a lot of love. But the biggest things my enemies was dealing with, like mental health. I realized how much of an issue that was, Like when people deal with depression and people deal with anxiety. I started to learn about those things, and I'm like, you know, it's not a myth, it's just not I used to hear about it, and I used to like be tripping, she's having anxiety. It's like, Aha, she tripping, you know what I mean? I said? Or even like dealing with functional bipolar people, you know what I mean, Like I have friends that I had to find out that they're functionally bipolar. I'd be like, Yo, that's crazy, Like I would leave my kid with you, you know what I mean. So that's it's finding out these things and so my enemies. At that time, I felt like without God, I would have never been able to battle those you know, deal with those things. So you know, like you learned that, you know, depression is a thing. It's something that if you don't deal with it can overtake your mind's spirit, you know what I mean. So that's kind of like where the first design, which was my God versus my enemies, came about, and it's still the main design because it's it's what people like focus on, like that particular like statement, no matter where you go, if you're wearing it, if you're walking down the street and you have my God versus my enemy's uh hoodie or sweatshirt on. Someone's gonna say to you like either you have an old, older black lady who's going to say, yes, Jesus God.
Speaker 4: Me let me ask you God, let me ask you.
Speaker 3: That that actually brings an interesting point because in the next segment, what we're going to do next is going to the business behind the clothing brand. But so we haven't we haven't spoken about religion or Lisia. We actually we invited a big time passed on. We're still waiting accept but but you know, we we we we've kind of stayed away from religion. It's a very touchy topic. But the thing the thing about.
Speaker 4: It is that.
Speaker 3: It's it's it's interesting, especially from from a business standpoint, because it's it's a thin line, right, and it's like like Kanye right when he put the Jesus not Jesus Walk. What's his last album, Yeah, Jesus King, Jesus King, Jesus Jesus King. Yeah, so yeah, he put his two albums.
Speaker 4: A lot of people.
Speaker 5: Didn't know that there was a separate album that dropped in December that was called Jesus Is Born. Jesus King Is the first one that came out. Jesus is Born is the one everybody was really expecting when it would be like a whole bunch of choir and singing and not really it's probably like seven percent Kanye and mostly like choir singing.
Speaker 4: That's what he should have did.
Speaker 2: I want to see that?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Powerful?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Well different and that's a powerful thing. Shout out to Kanye shot. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So, but he got a lot of pushback because people felt like, all right, are you capitalizing off of faith? Are you profiting off of religion? And then you know, it's always been a debate with pastors and especially like big time pastors.
Speaker 4: It's a very thin line.
Speaker 3: But people are very passionate about their religion, right, and I feel like what better way to promote religion and what you believe in than to wear it? So to me it makes sense. But were you ever conflict? Did you ever get any pushback within the religious community as.
Speaker 4: Like, yeah, how do you feel about that?
Speaker 5: Oh? Man, that's a topic in itself. That man that at one point for me that once I had gotten to a certain space, that created anxiety for me, like the conversation of it, like because you just never know what angles someone that's coming at you and when they talk about like the brand. So I'm a Christian, you know what I mean, that's who I am, very solid in my faith. But if you if you check out my even my Bible, this unconventional Christian you know what I mean. And I get pushed back from that, like I get I get nine hundred MS that says, excuse me. I would like for you to detail.
Speaker 2: To me what all THEO come to speak to you.
Speaker 5: Yes, I love God and I believe Jesus Christ is the son of God. Yes, but I also believe I am very honoring of the fact that I believe all faiths do serve one God. I'm not here to break that down in detail because I have I can't tell you and I can explain to somebody why I believe it's I can't explain to you why your God and my God is the same. But more importantly, I can't tell you that I know that God is love, right, that's what I feel like God is equal to love. And you know when people always talk about love changing the world, that's when I think about that. More importantly, like that's why for me, the brand is so important to me because I know that like God is love, and love is the one thing needed to change the world. So when I think about when I have these conversations and people talk to me and they're asking me, like, so, when I wear your brand, am I wearing it as a Christian? Am I wearing it? Is it against your Christian? Does that mean me as a Muslim or me as an atheist? Does this mean that I'm representing the Christian faith? No, I'm like, when the first thing is my God, my God in that sense, when you talk about this particular brand, when you talk about this item right here, like the God with like it's the God within you, you know what I mean. Like, so when somebody's seen with the God with like, the God within you is what's against your enemies. So like, I try not to to get into these big battles of who and what God we serve, because that's where I feel like a lot of people. I feel like a lot of people lose people because their biggest focus is religion, not relationships. You know what I mean. For me, it's creating relationships with people and having conversations with people and understanding that we are all different in every sense. If I'm trying to put a label on who every single person is. That's like division, you know what I mean, Like I meet a Muslim person, I'm to this day, Like one of the biggest things I started talking about with people like now is like I want to start reading the Koran because it's important to be knowledgeable, to be happy, able to have these conversations with people. I'm not trying to press religion on anyone. I do love God and I love Jesus Christ, and that's who I am. But when it comes to the brand, it's more about unity more than anything else. It's more about trying to bring people together, you know what I mean. It's so much division in our communities and just as a whole that like we spend so much time trying to, you know, label people instead of like figuring out how we can be labeled as one, you know what I mean. What's so divided. So that's why, like for me, I try not to make it about religion, like you know what I mean. This, Like I remember I was on Sister Circle TV and I went in there and I had like the noodle legs because my biggest fear was like, oh my god, they're gonna ask me, what God do you serve? You know what I mean? And I just know for a fact, I've let God lead me into all these situations. Even when I came on here. One of the biggest things that I said was like, you know, like you know, Godly you stand up and I sit down, you know what I mean, because it's not this is not about me. And it's like, I know, like you said, you brought up the fact that people worry about like you know, you know, profit and people worrying about money and making money off. Like the biggest thing that people will always see and say about this brand is that we're always giving back, you know what I mean. It's like we're constantly a place where we're sending cash apps to people during this pandemic from the brand because we're trying to like help people, we know how Like I try not to hold on to anything, whether it's money, whether it's it's it's the clothing I give it away. That's the one thing that got me where I am now is giving it away, you know what I mean.
Speaker 3: And I think I think it's important to promote what you believe in too, like I said, like I mean, you I was I noticed that. It's like, my God, that could be anything. You could be Jewish, Muslim, Christian, Buddhast whatever. And also, I mean, I personally don't see anything wrong with it, because it's like, if you're gonna wear something, why not wear something and promote something. You could be wearing something with you know, curses on it and a whole bunch not to say, you know, to each his own, but you're going to promote something when you're wearing it.
Speaker 6: I think I think the dopest thing about it, you know what I mean is the fact that you're inviting people into knowing God.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: It, Like you said, it's really not specific. It's just kind of a conversation starter. So imagine now like when you walk into a church and it's my God versus my enemies with a hoodie on, you know what I'm saying. Like where we've been raised, it's like, yo, you gotta be suited and booted with your Sunday best, and it's like, nah, I'm coming as I am, and I'm coming with this message because the first thing we look at and our community we know for sure, and that's the reason why we thought assets of about liabilities would be the perfect model. Is because we look at what we have on it's just natural. The first before we get to know a person's name, before we get to know the background, what are you wearing? And when you come through with that, it's like, okay, now we have a conversation.
Speaker 2: We can have one.
Speaker 3: All right, So starting the clothing line, right, the first thing I want to ask you is because it reminds me of like how we started, like the assets over liability. So we did the askol aliabilities. He was playing around with different stuff, like different slogans of like because we knew we have early a Leisure and we want to, you know, have a brand merch brand that actually represents Early A Leisia, Right, so I forgot what we came up.
Speaker 4: We come up. We was coming with a bunch of.
Speaker 3: So I was me and Mike was going back and forth and I'm like assets over liabilities and he's like all right. So then he had like my got drawing and I'm like, nah, I want to like this assets with the line and then in the middle of the line over and then on the bottom of that liability. So it's like assets over liabilities and then the line and it's literally showing it. So he didn't really like the idea at first. He's like, nah, should be this way to but long story show, we agree on it and it's been a hit and it's actually crazy because now people is actually stole the idea.
Speaker 4: Good thing.
Speaker 3: We got a trademark, We sent letters out, so shame on you if you've done that.
Speaker 2: That's part of his that's part of.
Speaker 4: Get to that. So how did you all?
Speaker 3: Right, so you told us the story about you know, getting into more into your religion and you decided that you wanted to kind of.
Speaker 4: You know, have God involved in the brand.
Speaker 3: So how did the idea my god verse my enemies and how did you just because that's I don't think people understand like how you place something that is extremely important.
Speaker 4: If I think if it.
Speaker 3: Was assets over liabilities but it was not placed how it is, it wouldn't have been as popular as it's been. So your your slogan is like it's round, So how did you come about like actually making that visually look like that? Like was it a lot of going back and forth in your head or like what was the process?
Speaker 5: Not? You know what? And this very probably like I might like kick myself in the butte for saying this, having this conversation, but like at the time, my God versus My Enemies was like the phrase was what I came up with. But at the time we were dealing with I had a graphic designer send me a few mockups and then of how my God versus My enemies would be. And one thing that I didn't like about it was that the my God and my enemies were the same size. So it to me said that that my enemies was equal to God, you know what I mean. So I wanted to make sure I kind of you know, had them reduced the font. And then also it was very popular at the time. You that you do guys, do know it's like Detroit versus everybody they have you know that that design And but the one thing you learned in business wise is like, so we went with my guy versus My enemy with that same the same font, but just with we did a small change in it because of me, the enemy smaller, and we ended up having to deal with a lot of headache from people from Detroit. It was like, yo, Detroit versus everybody. We all stole that. It was like, no, there's New York versus every New York versus.
Speaker 2: Everybody got a couple of those joys nobody had.
Speaker 5: Nobody had a trademark on any of those things because you have to. This is where you learn the business. Now, this is the part where for me, it's something I have conversations with people about. Is just learning. Like like before you put out, people always hit me you know I have this design. I'm like, no, don't want to hear it. Let's sign this NDA first, and then we got a conversation because no one's gonna say I stole your idea, you know what I mean? Anything. People always come with me ideas that they think is dope for my brand or even for their brand. But if it's anything faith based, I don't want to have a conversation about it without an NDA because these are stuff that you learn.
Speaker 3: Non disclosure agreement. Can you talk about that a little bit for somebody I might not know what the NDA is.
Speaker 5: It's just protective of both parties. You have a conversation, you detail it, small words of what the conversation is about, and just protect you, you know what I mean, because you know I've definitely had conversations with people like people. Somebody will come to me and say, yo, you should come out with a God is God is Good shirt, and I'm like, I have one that says God is good, and we scratched out the good and put God is great. But it's like when you put that out, they're like, yo, I told.
Speaker 2: You about that, right I was.
Speaker 4: God is good.
Speaker 5: It's a very common phrase, so the NDA and the like. Then people starts talking about you behind your back, like, nah, I told him that design and he and I see everybody wearing he ain't you. He should have gave me some bread And I'm like, no, we're not gonna do that, Like you know what I mean. I just but I had to learn that the hardway, though, Like you know what I mean. The way I learned that the hardway is just having to hear people tell me ideas. I was always open my ears to people talking to me about different ideas. But now you just have to be protective of how you allow people to, you know, engage with you. When it comes to business, you can't like that's one thing I'm not. You know, you're not a party from You're not just a party promoter. You're not just an actor anymore. You're a businessman. And that's just like something I had to learn as far as business. You have to move very business like or else people will treat you like a peasant.
Speaker 3: So all right, so you so you so you start that, you get a little backlash, which from the from the Detroit community shot out to Detroit. So you trademarked, do you trademark that?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I trade my guy versus miaenemies.
Speaker 3: And you trademarked it for merch That's something that we told a while. So a lot of people don't realize, like when you trademark something, you can trademark it for a variety of different things.
Speaker 4: Like so it's like it's for.
Speaker 3: Media, it's for apparel, it's for you know, radio, Like it's so some things you have it trademarked for one or two, but you don't trademarking for like thirty different things.
Speaker 2: Right, and different countries.
Speaker 6: Right, So we could do this in the US, but somebody in France might say, you know, we're gonna do it here. So not only do you have to do it in the US, but you have to do.
Speaker 4: It in almost It's a whole problem a lot.
Speaker 6: I mean a lot of countries, like if you want to keep yourself protected, which is it's tough and it's expensive.
Speaker 5: So you trade and it's expensive. I learned the hard way. I learned that the hard way too.
Speaker 6: I heard that that you did you put out the merch before trademarking it, because I heard.
Speaker 5: That merge before trademarking. And this is where I always always lean into when I talk to people about like you know, you know, God can't bless you onto you're ready, like you know what I mean. And I was moving before God because I had the design, but I was like I should go for this trademark. I'm like, nah, it's hot. Wait, I need to put this out now, I need to get this money. Man the process after that, because once I put it out, it was such a catchy joint. And when MB started wearing it a lot on the Breakfast Club, then people just was making it on Amazon. It was making a different fonds, it was making a different designs, and so when I did file for a trademark, it was like, Yo, we see this everywhere already somebody selling my Amazon somebody. Now now you have to go through this whole process that costs thousands of dollars. Like I literally can say we spent maybe twenty thousand dollars in trademarking fees.
Speaker 3: So so think you don't what was the process that you that you had to go through.
Speaker 5: I went through a law firm, So.
Speaker 4: I mean to trademarkt or to get the other people to stop selling.
Speaker 2: This season desist types of what call.
Speaker 5: Well, let me start with the I started with the trademark process. I started with a law firm, something I will never recommend to anyone to go through a law firm. Instead, you can find you a specific trademark lawyer that can take the time and has the focus because a lot of and there are trademark lawyers that have big clients and a lot going on. It's not a hard process for somebody who's into trademarking. What you do have to find somebody at the time that possibly can put the time and focus into your specific brand because people will bill you for hours. Like I literally did not know though, Like I was just like hopping on a call. I'm like, I hit the lawyer email. Can we hop on a call on Tuesday at four o'clock? I'm like cool, next thing you know, we're on a call for two hours, and next thing I know, at the end of the month, I look at the bill. It's like two hours having a conversation with your lawyer four thousand dollars. I'm like, what it's like they're asking you these questions that you don't realize. They're billing you for every single thing. So we're gonna file for We're going to file for this particular item, and we're going to make sure that we're able to use it on hats, sweatsuits, socks and these different types of patents. And I'm like, sure, no problem. Now they're charging for every single thing that they're filing for. But that whole process twenty thousand dollars down the dream because the process started and the lawyer, which just got so busy because he was never really getting back to me. I had to follow up. And this is where like when I talk about advising people about something like this, find you a trademark lawyer that can specify and this like literally deal with you one on one. This person is a lawyer who's probably working during the day doing big corporations, but they're also at home, you know, handling small you know, small businesses, you know what I mean, it's not hard to find. If you really look for a small business trademark lawyer, they're out there. And this is the part, like you know I told you about that, I don't know. That's that's if you don't know, you know you posted in your story, You'll get so many feedbacks like I don't I'm not. I tell people all the time, I'm not the smartest person in the world, but I have no problem saying I don't know. If I don't understand or know something or know someone, it doesn't take me much. I'll post something and say, Yo, anybody got a plug to this person?
Speaker 4: Why?
Speaker 5: Because you know they'll It just helps facilitate it faster.
Speaker 4: So what was the process to get people to stop selling it?
Speaker 5: Ah? That process the season desists. I mean, you know what TeamWorks. That was the biggest thing. Now, once you get to a certain point and your brand is moving, you have a lot of things in place. Now you realize that you have to focus your energy on you know, making sure you don't focus on any on too many of the little things by yourself. That's why you get people around you that are stronger. So at first I was like I was sending these emails. I would sit up to six in the morning sending the seas and to sits out myself. You know, I'd have the lawyer, I'd have the letter. At that point, I was getting the letter from my low earners.
Speaker 2: What's up.
Speaker 6: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like The checkout is fast, the re seats are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless.
Speaker 2: Whether it's a local coffee.
Speaker 6: Shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most Ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com, backslash, go backslash, eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash Go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals. Caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day. Imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 5: Employer because they were still trying to file it for me. That's what the big firm, and it was still give me. Since the thing was in process, you could still send cease and desists. So I was sending cease and desists to different people and companies. But now it's like, Yo, you see somebody with my guy versus my enemy shirt that's bedazzled with like like I got from Brooklyn at thet King. I think it's what is the Kingsbridge mall? Is that?
Speaker 2: Keep on taking it?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 2: Brooklyn keep on taking.
Speaker 4: It so much.
Speaker 5: But then it got to the point that I realized, like, as long as I can deal with the online stuff, I'm not to be honest, these foot traffickers. It's it's still more awareness to the brand, you know what I mean, Like, I'm not sitting here like if I spend so I spent so much time. I realized after a while, I spend so much time in focused on trying to send ceasing desists and deal with this. It takes away from the brand, which you really the goal, Like you're spending all this money on doing that when really, I mean, it's important to do, but it's also important to spend time on making sure everything is aligned within your brand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's something that people aren't aware of. You can send ceasing desists letters even if you don't have the official trademark yet, if it's in process, if it's pending.
Speaker 5: Once it's in process, you send that email, and people automatically gonna take it down. They see it. They don't want to get sued if the wording is right. It's if it sounds threatening enough. You know, I've gotten this, you know, speaking of like you know, when I used to take pictures. I've gotten a cease and desist because I took a picture of I took a picture of jay Z at this bowling event, and like, I got a ceasing desist from his lawyer. We're going to sue you. It's twenty thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: I deleted that thing so bad, and everybody out there ideas, shame.
Speaker 6: On you, remain anonymous on you.
Speaker 4: Shame shame, shame man be original, all right.
Speaker 3: So so so what's the process to actually manufacture the merge though? Because this is something that like us, we use online print foal, but now we're kind of switching that to actually getting physical merch. A it's a higher profit margin and B you have control over like shipping. You don't got to wait for somebody a third party to shipping for that.
Speaker 6: That's kind of the dilemma. Now it's like a pandemic has delayed everything. So it's now like a month behind, where if we could have just shipped out ourselves, we saved the time and a headache from people like hey, where's the merch, but we can put it out.
Speaker 3: The problem with that is that now you got to spend the money up front exactly and now you gotta warehouse hit. So now you got to turn your living room into a warehouse with boxes of hoodies?
Speaker 6: Yeah, I think and the create I'm glad you went right there because when I was looking, I'm like listening to the story, reading about your story, You're like, what are some of the downfalls you got stuck with a bag of merch?
Speaker 2: Right, let's get into that a little bit.
Speaker 5: So which part where you want me to start from?
Speaker 6: How you got Yeah, learning about being left with the abundance of inventory.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I mean, that's just part of the game. Man. You gotta you live and you learn, and then you figure out like how to deal with those situations. Like I've definitely even before this pandemic, you know, I didn't operate off faith in that time because I literally I was probably one of my friends that was in a group chat like sending all these like fear messages like yo, go food shopping time.
Speaker 3: Oh were you one of the people that said my cousin, I just got worried my cousin works.
Speaker 4: At the Pentagon? Yeah, it was.
Speaker 3: I'm like, how many black people have family members with seven clearances and at Pentagon? Like if I had one more person, like I just got a word from my cousin that works in four weeks.
Speaker 2: Shout the Clarence at the Pentagon though.
Speaker 5: Shout out the Clarence. I mean, I've had a screenshot of it, but I definitely had people like yo, they gonna have Marshall law. Yo.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 5: That was at the end of the that movie with Bruce Willis and Denzel Washington like yo. So I'm like, yo, go shopping, food shopping. I'm wild at that point. Now my brain is like, hold up, you just ordered all this. You just ordered all these hoodies, and I should wait. I went to the printer. I said, don't print yet, because at least worst case scenario, you can always ship it back to the wholesale company purchased it from. Then they're gonna charge your repackaging fore versus actually printing all these all us these hoodies and stuff like that, and then you don't get it till after the pandemic is over, and now you're stuck with all this merch. So I didn't operate out faith. But what I learned in this pandemic, people are still shopping, people are still buying. People are I bought a hoodie I'm not gonna say how much your costs supporting another brand, but I bought it and I where was I wearing it to? But it's like there's no like real there's no real determination on like when this thing is going to be over. But you know what I mean, I think a lot of people, a lot of people that are maybe essential workers, that are still working from home. Like you know, the income didn't actually change, They're just spending less money outside while moving, so you end up engaging in online shopping, you know what I mean. It's a lot of online shopping going on right now. So but when I first started, Like for me, when I tell because I know you did ask that when it came to like starting, I chose to do my own shipping. I do my own shipping. My living rooms. The my living room is definitely the wayhouse and packaging. Got my mom on shipping. That's what she does, that's her job. You know, my mom's retired now, so you know, I just have to cut her check. Every company my brother is also My brother is also the president. He definitely is number two to me when it comes to the company he handles. He is the whatever I don't know, he definitely knows, you know what I mean. If he wasn't, like he's currently like in PA right now, he's working from home, but he's normally down this way. But I would have definitely had him on here to kind of like talk on some detailed questions if they did come up. But yeah, yeah, we do all the other shipping from home. And great thing I learned is so crazy three years running. I learned how to ship during the pandemic. Like that's something I didn't know, you know what I mean. But at the same time, when it comes to running a brand, you also learn you don't have to do everything, you know what I mean. Like that's so time consuming and sets a lot of people back because a lot of people get so busy, busy with their they get so busy that they kill their business, you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: How many items are you shipping a month? On average?
Speaker 5: Per month right now, we're averaging about I want to say, twenty five hundred items. It started with T shirts and shirts, merged into hoodies, hats, dad hats, sweatsuits. Finally we you know, it's it's just an overall process. But yeah, we even now we're getting to more merchandising, which is it's like you you really like if you don't. One thing I've learned is that I have to continuously keep evolving, you know what I mean, because there's so much when it comes to this stuff that a lot of people are interested in, you know what I mean. People just love opportunity. Everybody's not outside wearing hoodies and sweatshirts. Some people are driving and they just want to stick on their card that says my God versus my enemies, you know what I mean. Some people just want people want signs in front of their house. Instead of saying, you know, Biden for a president, it says God for like you know, God for president. Oh, my God versus my enemy on their lawn, you know what I mean. So it's learning that, like you just constantly, like we're constantly in the space of evolving with that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so Body of God is the company, but my God versus Miami's is the most popular item.
Speaker 5: Thing is I didn't get a chance to correct you guys in the beginning, Body of God is the is the instagram for the company. That's when we started off. Another trademark. Thing I learned Body of God was a company I started, and then I, you know, I ll seed it, which at that time, like I said, I didn't know. I thought you ll seed it. I thought, you know, the state would be like, no, somebody else has this, No that's false. They'll let you llc your company, but does not mean that it's trademark. So then when I went to trademark Body of God clothing, there was like, oh there's a company. There's a fitness company called Body of God. I said, oh my god, So I can't do that. So I changed it to Cover by God Clothing.
Speaker 4: Oh God, I got it.
Speaker 6: So are there any more slogans that are coming down the pipeline from the brand?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely, we have the they Hated Jesus Too, which we trade, which we ended up trademarking. Also another thing I learned, you don't have to trademark everything. That's realistically, don't have to trademark everything. And when it comes to this clothing up power company, like you know what I mean, it's like there are certain things that are gonna hit, certain things are for a moment, you know what I mean. It just depends on you how far you want to take a certain item, you know what I mean? Because no matter what, people are gonna copy what you're doing. Like, how can you really stop if big companies like H and M are well, I think H and them is still open, but they're producing items that look like Gucci, you know what I mean? Like, how do you stop stuff like that? You know what I mean? At this point? Like for me, once you put so much much energy and focus into that, you kind of like move away from the purpose. Like my purpose with the brand is to still be able to pour into our communities and partner it up with the different nonprofits, you know what I mean, That's the real goal for me.
Speaker 3: So marketing, that's that's the biggest thing. Right, How did you were How were you able? Because twenty five hundred items a month, that's a lot of merch that you that you're moving. So how were you able to move it from one T shirt to selling twenty five hundred items a month?
Speaker 4: What was the marketing plan?
Speaker 5: I just learned marketing, keep it a real one hundred thousand. I didn't know that outside of I So when I first started, I was I was out out the house at five am in the morning, back home by two three am in the morning, because I was like I'm going wherever. I'm like, I'm follow everybody. You're doing a book signing here, I'm pulling up. What's the up? Got this merch for you? I was very hands on with making sure I was networking with every single person, whether you are a rapper, whether you're a pastor, whether you're an influencer. I'm pulling up on you wherever you are. That's that's the I would call that the gorilla marketing. Yeah, guerrilla marketing, say, I was going to use that term today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you are the street team.
Speaker 6: When you're pulling up, you're just giving the merch away, right, We're not are we charging people at this point.
Speaker 5: That's originally that's even now to this day. Give it away. It's still like my that's my that's my personal slogan when it comes to the merch or fin finances. We're giving it away because you can't hold onto this stuff. You can hold onto it all you want, and you could be stuck with it during the pandemic. Like so I was definitely pulling up and just giving it away, like you know what I mean. Like sometimes you'll pull up on people, security stops you and they're like nah, fam he don't want it, I'm like, all right cool, what's your side security guard? What's your size?
Speaker 4: Bro?
Speaker 5: I said, I got one of these hoodies for you. They're like, yeah, it's so good, and they like give me their even their address, and I'm like, I'm gonna ship it to you. What's your phone number? Take the phone number. Next thing you know, I text them like a week later, did you get your yo? Good looking bro Yo. We're gonna be at what you call it if you want to pull up and I make sure. I'm like allright cool. So it's like consistent, like you always got to like do the homework. I'm not taking no as an answer. If if the if you feel like the artist or the celebrity or the influencer or that pastor is not gonna want it cool or that or anybody who doesn't want it, I'm gonna find a way to get it to you, regardless.
Speaker 3: What you What you just said was extremely important and I don't want that to over people said. Because I remember going back to Mike. We was in La years ago and we was trying to get into a club and we were new the promoter.
Speaker 4: The dj A.
Speaker 3: So you try to get into the club. Right, the first person you think of as a promoter, second person you think of is DJ. You might even think about bottle service girl. If they you know, pretty popular. You kind of just run it down from there, right, And he was He told me something that I never forgot. He was like the most in person. He's like, you know who the most important person is in the club, And I'm like who? And I named all those different people. He was like the most important person in security, the person at the front door, front line, because they you go to clubs all the time, you pay security to get in, Like security, they really controlling.
Speaker 4: It's like stuff like that.
Speaker 3: And Sam Rosstein said that in casino, he said the most important person in Vegas was not the big bosses and all that the most important person was the valet parker because they knew everybody. They was like the conduent. So a lot of times with networking we look past the most important person. Like you're trying to get to the celebrity, but his security is a person that you can talk to. Right, It's like you're trying to meet this person, but why not just start with their driver? The driver sees them every single day where they're going exactly.
Speaker 5: And that's that's I'm currently I haven't even actually finished the book. I don't know if you guys read it. The Third Door, but that just talks about like and specifically they bring up the club. They use the club as a example, like there's the front door that you walk in and you get online, there's the VIP entrance, and then the third one is by any means necessary, if I got to come through the kitchen, if I got to come through the back door, if I got to come through the back door using walking in, whatever it is you have to do to get in these rooms, you have to use that third door no matter what. So once I figure out, like that's always been part of my game plan and trying to make sure I get stuff to people, figuring out what the third door is, you know what I mean. First door is walking up on somebody. It's like you know what I mean, you know where they're going to be you pull up. The second one may be like, oh, I have a family member or a friend that's cool with them. The third door is, man, I see that's their Uber driver right there sitting across the street and be like, look I came downstairs and I was told to leave his bag for what you call it? Just let him know elected in the card form. Next thing you know, my card is in there, My Instagram is in there, and I'm getting a d M from x y Z like think you got your merch. I'll tag you in it when I what you call it. Now. On top of that, I've also opened the DM door, because you know, the DM door is not hard to there's that third part of your d M where you have all these requests sitting from different people. Once they've responded back to you, now it's free flowing conversations.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you in you in the trusted circle once the first response.
Speaker 2: In the general. Once you get to the general got a chance.
Speaker 4: Population, you got a chance.
Speaker 6: So I mean, I'm sure your days is being a party promoter has helped you with the security.
Speaker 2: Part, right.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So who was the first I guess Celebritant that you saw when wearing the merged that really took it off. I know, Envy War, but was there somebody before him or was was that the transition?
Speaker 5: Envy was the first one that really had me Like I saw it and I was like, yes.
Speaker 3: So let's talk about that. Shot to MV he's an e y. He came on our show.
Speaker 5: Yeah I saw that. Yeah, I remember, like actually now just remember Mike sendmea send me a message out. It was like, it was like, it's crazy. I got Envy on him before you. I was like, Yo, that's what shot folks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, shot to envy him and Caesar came on and so yeah, I mean obviously being on a radio everything, I was seeing him wearing that.
Speaker 4: I didn't even know what it was. I just see him.
Speaker 2: Wear every day.
Speaker 3: So how did how did that come about? Because all it takes is really one really powerful influencer to really changed everything if you think about it. We see that with Diddy and Sara. A couple of different scenarios we can name. So how did that come about? As far as like getting Envy involved in a situation?
Speaker 5: Yo? You know the crazy things. I get MV one shirt right, shout out to my home just like did you know them? Or oh, party promoting one door. It's all part of.
Speaker 2: Planet yeah, see full circle, party rovoting.
Speaker 5: I was always booking Indy, you know what I mean. I was always booking Envy for different clubs. So we had like I had to call our relationship at that point. I was like I was probably in his like M list of friends, you know, on level M at that point, just like you know, it's just really business. So it's just like, you know, I hit him up and I had his number to hit him directly, and you know, sometimes you try to maintain rapport with people just for for the sake of like business, like you so you can be like, you know, as a party promoter, you're talking to your friends, like, yeah, I was talking to V today. They're like he was talking ten years ago though, like when MB was just like the DJ on the you know radio, and when it was before the even a breakfast club. It was just like, you know, we had no envy for the mixtapes so and and things like that. So yeah, I gave him one shirt and then he would wear the one shirt like numerous times to the breakfast stuff, to the point that I remember one time I saw that like the shirt had a lean on it. I was like, nah, yo, I got to get envy another shirt, yo. So then I had that Eureka moment and I was like, oh, snap, what if I asked MVY to rock out with me? And kind of like you know, even partner up for like a percentages of the company or something like that, you know what I mean, Let's see what we could do. Then. I also remember that one thing I said, like, you cannot if God blesses you with something, you can't make a decision and just say ah, cool, I'm giving it away or I'm doing something without moving first with God. So I prayed on it right, prayed on it, went to sleep. That was a Thursday, Friday morning, six thirty am. Phone rings to my friend Charisma. She works, she's very she works very closely with Envy at the time. She's like yo, and be said, hit me up, hit them up, and just to have a conversation about working with you on the brand. And I was like, you know, that's all God, because it was just a thought. So in that same token, like just you know, pressing that conversation with people, is that like thoughts, the same conversation everybody knows, thoughts become things like what you think? Can manifesto start once you start vibrating on a higher level, You know what I mean? If I sit here, I feel like I totally could manifest a meatless burger coming to me right now, because my brother probably went to the store and was like, yo, I bought two sandwiches, just because I think sometimes a lot of these things come to come to fruition. So that's that's kind of like how me and Envy's partnership began from then on.
Speaker 3: Dope Dope and so yeah, I mean I like that. You know that's another thing too. You can't be greedy in business, and it's like, you see an opportunity to bring Envy on as a big business partner.
Speaker 4: Like why not. Obviously he has a huge platform and he can help.
Speaker 3: Grow the brand just wearing it and then also promoting with his celebrity friends. A lot of times we think too small minded and we want like one hundred percent of something, where it's like giving away a part of it to grow it actually makes sense.
Speaker 2: A lot of it's humbling too.
Speaker 6: Did ego ever come up in that relationship, because at a certain point, if I felt like, damn, this is Envy's company because he was wearing it so much.
Speaker 5: Never, never, I never had an ego situation When it came to that, people would be like, you know, that's Envy company, right, Like yep, that you know what I mean? I don't you know, being the face of a company is cool, but you gotta It's like and when you think of like and I source everything back to faith, it's just like when you ask for an anointing from God on anything, like just know like there are blessings that come a certain thing that curses that come with certain things, like it's you have to be able to deal with both, you know what I mean. So being a face of a company, then you know, it's like you I always I have to deal with people. I don't even consider myself the face of the company still to this day, because even to this day, when I come on a podcasts and I go on different shows and people are like, oh, you're the person the first thing they say is, oh, that's the one envy always learning. I'm like, it's fine with me. Like the biggest thing is more the message to me than anything else, Like you know what I mean, Like once I see the excitement, I see people who say to me like, oh my god, I was you were I saw somebody walking down the street with the my God versus my enemy. I was having a terrible day at work, and the brand itself allowed me to just feel like I know my God is going to be but victorious. And this was a Muslim woman that was talking to me, So we didn't have a conversation about religion. It was it was just mainly about the message, so be in the face of it really never bothered me. Now I don't have I have I think I have the When it comes to ego, I'm not. I try my best to minimalize, to minimize minimalize my ego. In most situations, the hardest part of having, the hardest thing about ego is is usually amongst family. That's where egos sometimes plays the part.
Speaker 4: So what's the what's the what's the vision of expansion? Like, how all right?
Speaker 3: So you have the merch You're moving a lot of merch. Twenty five hundred items a month is a lot. So at what point there's gonna be bigger than just your living room? Like, right, have you thought about that as far as like at what point do you are you not physically able to ship twenty five hundred items or have twenty five hundred items come to your house? And like what's the next step for the brand?
Speaker 4: Is it.
Speaker 3: Things outside of merchandise or is it just different things within the religious sphere. Is it something that might be non religious secular clothing, like what what's what's what's the vision going forward?
Speaker 4: Well, we do have.
Speaker 5: What for me, there's a few things that are in play, and just a lot of times it's just like having making sure that you're in alignment with your team on it. But at the same time it's like sometimes as a leader, you do have to make decisions. And for me, one thing that you know, we have different shell companies in place that have not actually like when I say that in the sense that these these are smaller These are smaller companies that are like basically babies of Covered by God clothing, you know what I mean. They will deal with faith, they will deal with politics, they will deal with like these certain conversations that are uncomfortable. That really that makes the brand more an opportunity for people to speak on it without having to speak on it. That's the biggest thing. I think. We do have a production company that's uh that's come from this. We have Covered by God Films and I have a short film that came out because of that, and that was that came out through the company that's actually won like Hollywood Holly Shorts a bunch of the different short film festivals, like you know what I mean. It's just the great thing about it is that like everything from film to acting, I mean, from film to the clothing to just what people would call an influencer gives us. This has all been like merged into one thing. It's because all of this is still the plan a you know what I mean, Like yeah, but with the company, like once it does get bigger, which is it's big enough to move to a specific warehouse. The goal is to have my own Tyler Perry situation. You know, I do want to have a space where we have the brand working out of and I want to just I want to make money with my friends and family, you know what I mean. That's the biggest thing. Like if I can empower everybody around me, that's the biggest thing. Like I have friends that are clothing designs. One of my best friends we went to high school, we have a we have the Field Film Company together and it's still and he still has his build company and and out and you know, we you know, merged together. It's just an opportunity for us to all shine. And one of the biggest things with the company is just once I empower everyone. Once we're all empowered, like we're unstoppable, you know what I mean. And that's just that's just what it really comes down to, Like I want my you know, I think a lot of people separating themselves from they isolate themselves because of the need and desire to be the main person, you know what I mean. I'm not sitting around if Envy wasn't. Like Envy's like my mentor to an extent, because I watch him. He's so busy, he's always like ripping and running, but he creates a balance between everything he does, you know what I mean. So for me, that's that's that's a big motivation for me. It's like, you know, I'm learning to be a better businessman because of this company. But in the same so can I get an opportunity to have a downtime now, like you know what I mean, because I have other people working with me. I'm sitting around here memorizing monologues, writing scripts. So that's like the next thing for me is definitely another clothing brand out of this, and then also educating people about one of the biggest thing is to be able to educate people within our company, like not within our company, within our community. My goal is to educate people in our community how to start clothing brands on their own. You know what I mean, you don't. It's not the hardest process in the world, you know what I mean. Once we're able to everybody's so focused, like it makes people uncomfortable. Like I have a lot of friends who had clothing brands that felt a way because the brand took off the way it did. But I'm like, yo, we can all eat, you know what I mean? What you know can help me, and what I'm learning can help you. We can all push each other in some form or fashion.
Speaker 3: What would you say the most important thing that you learned as far as you know, Like you said you want to create a program to help people, Well, what would be the biggest thing on an entrepreneur that wants to start a clothing brand needs to needs to have figured out?
Speaker 5: I think the biggest thing that's I think it's like really learning creating a step by step process for it, you know what I mean. I haven't actually mastered it down on paper. I could, which I'm working on in this downtime. I haven't actually written it down, but to create the process like where people are learning, Like what's the first steps? Like, you don't have to jump out the window and create this grand big website and buy and do tons like it can start from I can start in this room that I am. I could email somebody, have them create a design, send me back a mock up, and then after that I can put a I can put it on a website. Doesn't have to be a big Shopify website. They can start with a big Cartel website and then you can start to like generate things. But you know, one of the biggest things is to It's like I tell people, the biggest thing that I tell people is don't be afraid to say I don't know. That's the biggest thing. If you're gonna learn anything in this business, be open to saying I don't know. And somebody is definitely open and willing to assist you no matter what. Because somebody poured into me, I don't mind pouring into people. That's what it really comes down to.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so your journey started with your parents wanted you to be a lawyer or doctor. You went to school for theatrics game.
Speaker 2: A party promoter.
Speaker 6: Now you're you know, you're on your own clothing line.
Speaker 2: Mom works for you?
Speaker 6: Now, what's what's her thoughts now that you know you've turned this thing, you've proven yourself, What's what's what's the reaction now from your mom?
Speaker 5: My mother? Is she old school? She's gonna still keep it. She's not gonna say like, I'm never gonna hit her like with the I'm never gonna hit her with the told yourself, I've never hit her that. But she on the other end still probably is like she does it all the time. She was like, so have you decided which one of these companies is going to be your full one cap plan? What's your retire internet?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 5: How much money do you have saved up? What are you going to do to when are you going to get married? Is your clothing company going to facilitate your wife and your children? I'm like, mom, one step at a time, one step out of time.
Speaker 2: That sounds like a mom.
Speaker 3: It's been a pleasure. How can people get the merch telling people to social media?
Speaker 4: The website? All of that information all right?
Speaker 5: So uh covered by god Clothing dot com is the website we even you know, another thing we purchased was the My God Versus My Enemies dot com website. I mean, so you type in my God versus my Enemies dot com or covered by God clothing, it's going to bring you to the same landing ship. Something people should know just in case you have a design that's more that's more popular than your actual company name. At some point you might as well.
Speaker 4: Domain.
Speaker 5: Huh.
Speaker 4: You have to get that.
Speaker 5: Domain so that they link to each other. Then the the the actual Instagram page is body of God and mine as I am will Doom and yeah the man.
Speaker 2: The myth of Leon.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. Troit Housekeeping Eye. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Shout to everybody on patreon dot com that is our Proud to pay program. Y'all know we have five tiers there. Each tier has a different function. The top two tiers four and five will get you access to our online school, eyl University, which has been going crazy. We've been putting out so much content on there. We're not slowing down. So everybody that's been part of that, all our earners, we appreciate you and we love your support. And shout out to everybody that is in our private Facebook real estate group headed up by a brother, MG de Morris guy that has been absolutely amazing we got our book club, we got I mean he does like two to three real estate webinars a week. Man, it's really incredible. It's growing at a tremendous rate.
Speaker 2: So we appreciate all that support.
Speaker 4: Y'all.
Speaker 2: Keep going.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and don't forget the code earners for forty percent discounting Eyo University. Yo University is on fire right now. Everything book club, movie club, weekly webinars, private real estate, Facebook group and we're adding stuff all the time. And don't forget reliability. Yeah, that's all merchant the Eyo University line as well. So yeah, appreciate it all right, guys, Thank you guys for rocking with us.
Speaker 4: We'll see you next week. Peace peace.
Speaker 8: Hey, I'm Tasiana Manning. I support our Voice of a Customer team at Pgenie. If you're a small business customer, we're here to support you. That's why I want to tell you about our new podcast, Real Talk with PGENI. We know small businesses are dealing with rising costs and looking for ways to boost their bottom line. On our show, you're here from our customer experts. With our small business Engagement team, we will show you effective ways to improve your operation. Find important resources and most of all, save money.
Speaker 7: I ride the right analysis for the Emergency Food Bank and based on their usage history. By just making a simple rate change at no costs, it was a twenty five annual savings.
Speaker 8: So listen to real talk with PGEN and find more resources for your business by visiting pge dot com for slash real Talk