Speaker 1: Now here's a highlight from Coast to Coast AM on iHeartRadio.
Speaker 2: Man, Welcome back to Coast to Coast, George Nori with you, Samantha Fay with us, author of Heavenly Alliance, Call on Your Spirit, guides, ancestors and angels to manifest the life you want. She's also the author of the book The Awake Dreamer, A Guide, the Lucid Dreaming, Astial Travel, and Mastering the Dream Skate. She co hosts two podcasts, Psychic Teachers and Enlightened Empaths, which teach listeners how to embrace their intuition. She has advanced degrees in education, a reiki master who writes and teaches all over the world about dreaming, reiki, crystals, and intuition. You keep busy, Samantha, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Thanks George. I'm so happy to be back with you. Have you Ben, I've been great, absolutely wonderful. My oldest daughter just graduated college, so leave a lot to celebrate here and now I'm talking to you.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great. What did she major English? Really? She's going to be a teacher writer?
Speaker 3: No, yeah, she's going to be a writer. She got a great job as a tech writer. So I'm super proud of her.
Speaker 2: Taking after Mama.
Speaker 3: Yes, I hope so.
Speaker 2: Well, that's great, And the congratulations on the new book, Heavenly Alliance.
Speaker 3: Thank you. I'm so excited for it to come out and to share it with everyone.
Speaker 2: I want to talk with you about that. And also we'll talk about dreams later on in the program, and then we'll take calls next hour. People are calling already ready to talk to you.
Speaker 3: Oh. I love to talk about dreams and all of it, So I can't wait.
Speaker 2: Tell me about the title Heavenly Alliance.
Speaker 3: Well, I wrote the book because I feel like life is this beautiful divine dance between fate and free will, and I think the key to thriving in life is to recognize those moments in our life that are faded or dustined, and those moments in our life where we have free will and choice. And in those moments where we do have free will, we really do have a lot of health out there. We can call on our guides and our angels and our loved ones who have gone before us. And so I hope that the book instructs people on how to recognize those pivotal moments in our life. You know, there are times in our life where stuff is just going to happen and there's not a whole lot you can do about it. You just have to lean on your faith and your friends and get through it. And then there's other times in our life where we have a lot of opportunity in terms of the choices we make. So it's all about how to really call on your invisible helpers, but also rely on the beautiful strength that's inside of you as well.
Speaker 2: Do you look at the soul as in journalist, as an author, or as something else.
Speaker 3: I think I look at it as just an eternal part of ourselves. There is a journalist of me that likes to kind of study how people and cultures throughout history have looked at the soul. But I think in terms of the soul, it's really it's really who we are. You know, we walk around and in this body and we wear these masks, but in the essence, at the truth of who we are is our soul. And I think it's really important to get in touch with that through silence, through stillness, through meditation, through listening to shows like yours, so that we can really stay on the path.
Speaker 2: In the book heavenly Alliance. You talk about a soul plan, what is that?
Speaker 3: Well, I believe that before we're born, we kind of have like a conference meeting with our guides and we sit around and we talk about, Okay, George, in your last lifetime, you did this, this and this, and maybe you didn't do so well on this, this and that. So this go around, we're going to have you with these parents and these siblings, and we're going to put you in this job where you can really inspire millions and millions and millions of people. And yes, you're going to have this challenge and that challenge, and I think that we orchestrate all of it. But the point I make in the book is that it's a blueprint. And just like if you're building a house and you have a blueprint and you're like, oh, this is going to go here, and the kitchen's going to go here, and then the contractor comes in and says, well, this is going to cause this. So we're going to mix that. Things change once we get to Earth, right, but we still have this blueprint, this soul plan for why we are here, what we're supposed to teach, what we're supposed to learn, and how we're supposed to grow our soul.
Speaker 2: Once we get that plan etched, can you change it?
Speaker 3: Yes, I totally believe that you can't.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Like I said before, I do believe that this world is a divine dance of fate and free will. So I think there are some things that we really can't change. And I think that's where people get stuck in their lives because they think, well, I want to change that. I want this to be different. I don't want to be going through this challenging time. And I think it's really crucial for people to recognize those moments where maybe you can't change it, but you can change how you respond to it.
Speaker 2: Are they things I'd love using this quote? Are these things that can be or will be?
Speaker 3: I think that some things can be, and I think many things will be. And I think we really have to get in touch with our soul, with our authentic truth to recognize when we are in those can moments and those will moments.
Speaker 2: Our guides and our angels two separate entities.
Speaker 3: Yes, I believe. So. I believe that angels were created before us. I believe that they are messengers, as many religions have taught and I think that they are in my book. You know, I started out as a traditional teacher Georgia, as you know, so I kind of compare a lot of things to school. So I look at angels like the principle. They oversee the bigger picture of our soul plan. But our spirit guides are like our classroom teachers. They are human. They've lived before. They know what it's like to have to pay bills and do laundry and deal with the cranky boss. They understand the ins and outs of being human, and so they are like our classroom teacher. They are with us every day.
Speaker 2: So, Mattha, some people seem soulss, what's wrong with them?
Speaker 3: Well, I do believe that there are some people who maybe don't. I don't want to say they don't have souls, but I definitely believe that there are some people who are negative. And I wonder, I wonder, I don't know. At the end of the day, I don't know, But I wonder if part of their reason of being here is to challenge us, because without the dark, there can be no light, and so I think it's I think they are serving a purpose too. But I also believe that they have guides and angels as well, they just don't listen to them.
Speaker 2: Tell us about the overall theme of Heavenly Alliance.
Speaker 3: The overall theme is about really learning to get in touch with these invisible helpers. I wish that I wish that our guides and angels could sit down with us and say, Okay, here's what you're supposed to do this year, here's what you're supposed to learn, here's what you're supposed to teach. But it's not like that. We are kind of plopped here on our own, right. There's no manual for being a human on this earth. And yet, and yet if you look within, there really is all the answers are there. And so the overall the team of the book is learning to recognize how to listen to yourself, how to trust yourself. And I give a lot of exercises and homework assignments and skills and tools to help people really get in touch with that authentic self.
Speaker 2: What is the easiest way or the best way to get in touch with yourself?
Speaker 3: I do think it's through silence, and something that worries me about what's happening in society today. We have so many beautiful distractions that we no longer really force ourselves or invite ourselves to be alone with our own thoughts. And it really is only in those moments of silence that we can hear that still small voice within, that we can listen and recognize the little subtle nudges that our angels and guys are giving us. And I think that's really really important.
Speaker 2: How important is developing a soul?
Speaker 3: I think it's the whole reason why we're here. I think the whole reason why we're here and we come back is to grow our soul and to grow closer to the light and to the truth.
Speaker 2: Once we do that, does it change our lives? Does it change who we are?
Speaker 3: I think so. I think it expands our light, and not only does it change us, but I think what's so exciting is when you truly embrace your spiritual path, you light the way for others. And isn't that what it's all about? What did ram Das say? We're all just walking each other home? And I think that when we can really get in touch with growing our soul and brightening up our light, we help so many other people. And that's what it's all about. And I think we can do that in small ways and big ways. Like one thing I always love about you, George and your show, you made a commitment to your audience to always be there for them on the holidays. Yes, that's a really big thing.
Speaker 2: I looked at the calendar this year as a matter of fact, and I want Christmas is in the middle of the week, New Years, Thanksgivings always on that Thursday, we're going to be here.
Speaker 3: And everybody knows you're going to be there. And you know, on my little podcast, which is tiny compared to yours, we always do a live show over the holidays too, and that's because you inspired me. I can't tell you how many listeners have emailed us over the years saying the holidays are some of the hardest days and knowing that I have a new show from you guys to listen to. This really helped me get through this week. And so even though those little things that you might think is not the biggest deal in the world, huge deal. And I think that's that's what we need to recognize. Growing our soul isn't about becoming the next Elon Mu. It's not about winning the lottery or building a big, beautiful house. It's just the small things about helping someone feel a little bit better, about encouraging yourself, patting yourself on the back and sharing that and extending a hand to someone else.
Speaker 2: I was always very fortunate to have family around during holidays. I was never alone as a kid and as an adult, and I when I got this program, Samantha, I said to myself, there are a lot of people who aren't that fortunate, who don't have family around, who might not have friends around, and we're not going to leave them alone. We're going to give them the opportunity to become part of this family, and so they have that ability to call in and on a holiday, or call in any time they would listen. Actually, but it works.
Speaker 3: It does work, and that's really really important. I always say one of the expressions I love is the magic of ordinary day is because sometimes those holidays highlight what's beautiful about your life, and sometimes they highlight what's missing in your life, so they can be really difficult times for people.
Speaker 2: I've talked about manifestation before, and you touch on it a little bit, don't you.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm so passionate about manifesting, and I think it's really important that we recognize that we have the ability to manifest. And I'm not even talking about the secret or manifesting a parking space. I'm just talking about helping people recognize that we have a lot more control over the things that do happen in our life in so many ways. And I'll give you a really quick example that just happened a couple of weeks ago. I was talking to my daughters about how, you know, you can just wake up and say I want my day to look like this, and just play with that and see what happens. But I'm trying to teach my children to go through life with intention instead of well, you know I have teenagers, George, So instead of whining right there, yes, so I said, just just pretend that life is a video game and you can make your day however you want it to be. So they started playing with that, and they started having some really cool things happen. So my little daughter is taking a statistics class at college, and you know, we're English history people in my family, so she's really struggling with the stack class and she's got her big final exam. She studied for weeks, she went to her TA. She's created a study group, panicking memorized formulas, takes the exam and she's walking back to her dorm and she's thinking, I know I got at least four wrong, and that's bad. And she remembered what I said about manifesting and just having fun with it, and she said, you know what, if this, if this is a video game and I could make anything what it is, I'm just gonna I'm just going to say I magically get a one hundred on this exam. Well, she gets home and there's an email from her instructor the computer that they took the test on glitched and she had to give everybody automatic one hundreds.
Speaker 2: I love it. That's magical.
Speaker 3: That's magical, and that's manifesting. And I think it's really important for people to recognize that everyone can do that. We just have to do it with an attitude of fun and not an attitude of this has to happen.
Speaker 2: And it wasn't just her. She brought everybody along with her.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: I've always said, when you get to the top of the mountain, if you're alone, it's not any fun.
Speaker 3: No, it's not that that is a great, great thing. You always want to help people go along with you. And I think when we manifest from that intention of sharing it with other people, that's what it's all about. And that's something I always teach my students. When you are creating a goal, always think about how can you share that goal with other people once you accomplish it, And that's really going to boost your manifesting.
Speaker 2: If you can do that, how can we in our living life tap into our soul life.
Speaker 3: Well, I think we can do that through not only, as I said before, silence and stillness and meditation and prayer, but I think we can also do that through any way that we can give back to others. And again I'm not talking about big things like donating money or volunteering, you know, ten hours of your of your week. I just meet in small gestures anytime we can think of someone. I have a really good friend who is just she has such a beautiful heart, and she writes in her calendar every month birthdays, friends who have doctor's appointments, she writes the anniversary of any any of her friends who have lost parents, and she will send them apart or call them or text them on those days. And I think those those little gestures are really what It's all about.
Speaker 2: Why is it important to create a deep connection with our guides and angels.
Speaker 3: Because that's what's going to keep us on the path. Have you ever been so busy and so consumed with everything going on in your life that you ignored that little voice inside of your head that was saying don't do that, don't go there, or ooh, heads up about that person. A lot of times we just pushed that down and think, oh, no, everything's fine. But when we are able to really tune in and listen to our guides and angels and listen to the direction that they're nudging us, it opens up whole new pathways for us, even if at the moment it can seem a little scary. Can I give you a quick example, please, So when I was fourteen, my father admitted that he had a problem with drinking, and he checked himself into a rehab facility, and my mom and I went to visit him, and I was so shocked because they were teenagers there as well, Like the whole left side of the building were adults, but on the right side of the building were all these teenagers. And I was fourteen and they were kids like seventeen eighteen, you know, sitting outside and talking with their sponsors, and I thought, wow, and I heard this little voice in my head that said, pay attention. One day this place will be important to you. And I thought, oh no, like I'm not according to drink like my father did. I'm not gonna this is not ever going to be important to me. So I kind of just ignored it and pushed it away. Well flash forward, I'm graduating college and I had a pretty good job offer in the city, and also I was thinking about moving to New York with my friends, and I kept getting this little nudge to just apply to grad school to see and I was like, well, I don't know. So I applied to one graduate school where the state of Connecticut, where I was living at the time, would pay for my grad school if I was a substitute teacher during the day. So I would go to school at night and substitute for free during the day and the state would pay for my education. And I was like, oh, do I want to do that? So I went in for one innered with one of the schools and it was a little alternative high school, and the principal was interviewing me and she said these kids that you're going to be teaching have just come out of a rehab facility. And she mentioned my father's rehab facility, arms Acres, and she said, have you ever heard of it? And I said, yeah, I have. And she said, do you have experience with alcoholism? And I said yeah, my dad's been in AA for nine years and I've gone to Alanaut and she hired me on the spot. If I had not listened to that little voice, I might have turned down that job and it would have changed my entire life path. But because I wasn't totally afraid of that voice, and I did listen to it, and I remembered it, it opened up a beautiful career for me.
Speaker 1: Listen to more Coast to Coast AM every weeknight at oneam Eastern and go to Coast to coastam dot com for more