Speaker 1: Nothing says summer like long days, clutch plays and firing off a few bets on the game, all with Draft Kings Sports Book. Never bet on baseball before. It's easy. Pick a guy to go yard, hammer some live odds mid game, or just ride with your squad and hope for the best. No spreadsheets, just vibes and dingers. Here's something special for first timers, new Draft King customers. Bet five dollars and get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly. Download the Draft Kings sports Book app. Use Cold Shannon. That's Cold Shanning for new customers to get one hundred and fifty dollars in bonus bets instantly when you bet just five bucks only on Draft Kings.
Speaker 2: The Crown is yours.
Speaker 1: Hello, ladies and gentlemen, and thank you for joining us for another episode of Nightcap. I am your favorite Uncle, Shannon Shark, my partner and co hosts Liberty City's own Bengals Ring of Fame, Artery Bola all pro Madden Adjuster. Here he is, Ladies and gentlemen, Chad Ocho Cinco Johnson. Please make sure you hit that subscribe button. Please make sure you hit the like button and guys, do us a favor. Go subscribe to the Nightcap in the Nightcap podcast feed bro. We can't thank you enough, Oh Joe, Oh Jo, can't thank you enough. I can't thank you enough. And guess what, the entire team at Nightcap can't thank you enough for your support. Because of you, We've been able to grow so fast and so great, and it's all because of you. So we want to thank you sincerely from the bottom of our heart, and hopefully, with the NFL season vast approaching, you'll support us even more so. Thank you again, very very much. Please make sure you check out Shade by Laportier. We do have it in stock now. If you can't find it any city or state near you, order it online and we'll ship it directly to your door. The best tasting premium veslpe kgnact on the market. Try it for yourself. I promise you you will not be disappointed. Please drink responsibly and stay safe.
Speaker 2: Go what do we got? Oh?
Speaker 3: Go?
Speaker 1: Follow my media company page on all of its platforms Shayshay Media and By Clothing Company eighty four with eighty four being spelled out.
Speaker 2: That link is pinned in the chat.
Speaker 1: Supplies are limited and once they're gone, they're gone, So please grab yours.
Speaker 2: While supplies last.
Speaker 1: We got a very very special guest joining us at the bottom of the hour, Bubba Wallace coming off his Crown Jewel victory at the Brickyard four hundred. He's gonna join us for a couple of minutes. Can't wait to have Bubba on. You know, we always look, we got a lot of fans, that's NASCAR fans in the chat, and so we can't wait to have Bubba on and talk to him and get the emotions of what was what was going through his mind yesterday. But first o Jo prayers up for coach Prime. Coach Crime announced today he was a survivor of bladder cancer. He had a tumor removed off of his bladder and now that he's cured. If there's any takeaway from today's press pett confidence as a prostate cancer for the survivor myself, Oh Joe, it would be let's take a listen to what Coach Brian had to say.
Speaker 4: Yes, man, everybody get checked out, because if it wasn't for me getting tested for something else, they wouldn't have stumbled up on this and make sure you go to the get the right care. Because without wonderful people like this, I probably wouldn't be sitting here today because it grew so expeditiously. I could say, but please get yourself checked out. Especially African American men. We don't like going to the doctors. We don't like nothing to do with a doctor.
Speaker 2: You know that.
Speaker 4: So I'm not just talking to the brothers. I'm talking to my Caucasian brothers, my Hispanic brothers, my Asian brothers, everybody, and my sisters. And that's all y'all get checked out, because it could have been a whole another gathering if I.
Speaker 5: Had m.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, we knew Coach Prime was dealing with something. He didn't come show up to his camps that he was supposed to put on. He didn't show up to the spring things. So there's a lot of things going on that led people to believe that there was something seriously going on with Prime. We didn't know what it was. We just knew at a later day in time, the way that he's always been, he's going to be very forthcoming. He's going to tell you exactly what was going on, how long it's been going on, and what what the treatment or whatever he needed to do to get taken care of, you know, when he had the you know old Joe, Remember he had the amputation, he had his half some of his toes removed, and he had you know, and he was in dire straits in that situation, and he came, you know, once he started feeling better, he came and he told exactly what was happening. And so I always felt that I didn't know what was going on, but I knew it was serious because a lot of time I would send him text and I just get like one or two words back, same thing, kind of like what happened at Jackson State. So I knew it was serious, and I just left it alone. I said, now, when he's in a good and a better place and a good frame of mind, he'll be back the time, joking and laughing. And when and but when he's not joking and laughing, I know it's something serious because he's that type of guy. He's a very fun, fun loving, very outgoing guy. I'm just glad they caught this in time, they were able to catch what it was, remove it and get him all treated up. And uh, I'm glad coach Prime. You know, everybody here at night cap is senting our thoughts and prayers to you and glad you're feeling better, Bro. But uh, yeah, guys, go get it, go, get it done. Go get go, get go, get tested because O Joe, I'm a I'm a prostate cancer survivor, and prostate cancer is one of the more curable if detected early. That's my early screening and detection. It's very you know obviously if it runs in your family, but you know, go get tested.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And you know I I'm in a high percentile. My father had My father died died of cancer. You know his brothers. He had two other brothers that died of cancer. So I'm already in that high percentile. Yes, So I didn't wait till the age they said we'll start getting tested at age forty. Nah, Bro, I started getting tested like at thirty three, thirty four, and they were able to detect it. End up getting a colonoscopy and finding out that I had it, and I got it treated, diagnosed in twenty sixteen, got treated in twenty seventeen, and I've been cancer free ever since, o Jo. But when you got the news that coach Prime had really had gone through something really, really serious. What was the first thoughts to go through your mind?
Speaker 5: Well, obviously I said prayers right away. I said prayers right away for him, understanding that I knew it was something serious for the simple fact that there was some things that he missed that he couldn't attend it. I know, if he couldn't attend certain events that they had planned for Colorado, I knew something was wrong. So finding the news out to day, I'm glad he did get it checked out in time. And listen, Prime been through his trials and tribulations. As he always says, m h every time God is using him as that messenger you know able to to give, give give fellas u as he as he said, all ethnicity is an opportunity to give that message out. Go get checked, Go get check, take yourself, take care your body and make sure make sure you okay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you're right. Oh yo.
Speaker 1: The I'm sure I'm gonna share my story, but I'm gonna let I'm gonna let Prime have his right now. This is about Prime the day this week, but a later daying time down the road. I'll share some things that I've gone through that. Very few people know with that being said. But like I said, I mean and to see him out fishing and then he got his black you know, got that bag with him and and you know he said, man, I didn't sleep. And you know, once you get to that age, he and I, you know, timing out basically the same age is that, man, it's hard to get a great, nice sleep because you go to the bathroom so much. I try to cut myself off drinking drinking water at a certain period of time, but sometimes, you know, when I'm doing nightcap, my throat get parts. Then I you know, I end up drinking more than I should. And I know I'm gonna be up four or five times the night. It's gonna it's gonna interrupt my sleep. But guys, go get checked out. And he's absolutely right just speaking.
Speaker 2: You know. Growing up, first of all, we didn't have health care.
Speaker 1: So unless there was an absolute medical emergency you fall dead on the floor or something like that, you weren't going.
Speaker 2: To no doctor. Yes they were. They were gonna give you a home remedy.
Speaker 1: Your stomach hurt, whatever it is, Drink some ginger red or baking soda or something. You're not going to the you gotta gash, hey, go get some cob web. Uh, you know, you're gonna put some paper towel and we're gonna we're gonna do it like that, but you're not going to the doctor. And so we kind of build up a fear of the doctor. But now, I think, knowing what we know, now, you know, everybody's trying to say, well, you know, shut service and repairs are the same thing.
Speaker 2: No, they're not. Service and repair is not the same thing.
Speaker 1: One is proactive, the other is reactive. Now I'll let you geniuses and that said there, I thought they were the same thing and had the crying emojis. I would let you geniuses figure out which one is proactive and which one is reactive. So, in other words, when you go get checked out, and I'm just what time is basically saying you're being proactive as opposed to being reactive, which means now is there you don't know they didn't catch it in the early the early stage. Just so hopefully it looks seems like they caught this in an early enough stage that he was able to get you know, he was able to get it removed and they whatever the treatment where the radiation, chemo, or whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: Seemingly he said he's cancer free.
Speaker 1: That's what the doctor said, if I'm not mistaken, that was sitting next to him, and they got everything taken care of.
Speaker 2: And that's what you need to do, oh Joe.
Speaker 1: Don't wait until it's too late and then it's stage three, stage four. There's really nothing else now. All they can do is just make you comfortable, don't be afraid to go to the doctor, get everything taken care of, and so you can have a very productive life. And that just because you go o jo, that doesn't mean things are not going to happen. You can get your car service every year like you're supposed to every six months, and something still might happen to the car, but there's a greater chance that they'll find out something as opposed to you're in dire straits or dire emergency. Oh yeah, oh Joe. We have more info coming out on Kristin Wilkins. Adam Shefter shares well it was an awkward kiss incident between Kristin Wilkins and a Raiders teammate. Wilkins kissed a fella player on the head and the teammate took offense to it. The incident happened inside the team meeting room. Report says the interaction was playful, but the teammate didn't see it that way. Chefter ads the incident was not the sole reason Wilkins was cut.
Speaker 2: Is the real, oh Joe? When wait? Hold on?
Speaker 1: This is this is Chefter talking allegedly this this was an incident that took place. When did men start playing like this? Ojo, forget, forget. I understand, it's twenty twenty five. It's a different time, and I don't get. I don't care what your letter is into alphabet.
Speaker 5: Be you.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with it.
Speaker 1: You be the L, you be the B, you be the T, you be the Q plu plural, whatever the case may be.
Speaker 2: Have at it.
Speaker 1: When did men in a football back in a setting like this? When did they start playing like this? Ohoe? Whether it after I left the game, whether it like last week, a couple of weeks ago, you stayed a little bit. I retired and know four you retired in twenty twelve from the NFL, so you stayed a little longer than I did. So when did this start happen too?
Speaker 5: Hey, I don't know, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think I think that's plays like.
Speaker 5: The people I hang around based on where I'm from, I don't I don't see that type activity. I don't see that type of Listen, we have treat me. We have played for Banna, but the playful Yeah, we and we we conducted. It ain't like that. It ain't in that manner. So is news to me. It's new to me. I don't know Christian Wilkinson. You know Perce Wilkins. I don't know him personally. You know, I know of him, you know as a fun, energetic type of player. He's done some funny things.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got that picture when I think they're the National championship game of one game and.
Speaker 2: On the ground. Yeah yeah, it's just yeah, yeah, I'm like.
Speaker 1: Bro, guys don't play Look maybe maybe they do not and say, I'm just from an era the guys didn't play like that, and yeah, look, yeah.
Speaker 2: We horse played.
Speaker 1: We might nail somebody locker short shut, we might put powder or water in your shoulder pants and when you grab him it come down on top of you.
Speaker 2: Do guys horse play around like that? Yes?
Speaker 1: Do we soak the rookies clothes, put them in the cold tub and then put them in the freezer. Yes, we've seen guys, you know, basketball players put popcorn in the guy's car. But we've seen stuff like that, oh Joe, not like and I've seen some stuff in the locker room. Now, I've seen some guys play that. Even I was like, y'all nasty that grow.
Speaker 5: A But not not not today, magnitudough not not no, not.
Speaker 1: No, not no, not no, not no kissing on not even kissing on the forehead, not even though, no joking matter.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know. It's hard to say. I'm not in the locker room. I wasn't actually there. And obviously chef did his best job and describing what happened, and obviously to.
Speaker 1: Think about it, Ocho, remember we talked about it. Of all the things they could have said, why did they say this? Now, they could have said anything, he stole somebody car, he stole fifteen hundred dollars from somebody, he forged the check.
Speaker 2: Of all the.
Speaker 1: Things they could have tagged the young man with. Allegedly they put this.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, listen, Allegendly that's actually what happened. You know, it had to come from somewhere, So that means that's exactly what happened. Where they'll smoke this fire right where they'll smoke this fire. So it is what it is. Whoever the player was, they took offense to it, and maybe they got in a little scuffle. Maybe it caused an issue, and maybe that was just the icing on the cake for them to release him based on the other issues and other incidents about him missing games last year and then not doing what's required to make sure he gets on the field in the time man of this year. Maybe they up.
Speaker 1: If I'm not mistaken, Ojo, they said this incident happened earlier, so I don't know if it happened and say in the off season. It happened at some point in time during the season. Obviously there was there was a different a fracturing, A fracturing where they like, bro, you need the surgery. He says no. It seemed like he said no. Maybe they wanted a second opinion. He didn't want to get a second opinion, because here's the thing.
Speaker 2: You could have.
Speaker 1: You cauld like, okay, you got to tour an acl and doctor say, well, you need to get to say he like nomal let it hell on his own. You can do that. I wouldn't advise it, but you can do it. They tell you to go get a second opinion, Ojoe, you can do that, and both darkness say the same thing. You say, Noah, I'm good. I wouldn't advise it, but you can do that.
Speaker 2: I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get why he wouldn't, considering he had guaranteed money. He had thirty five million dollars coming to him that was guaranteed, so he was at I could see, o Jo, if I didn't have guaranteed money coming in, if there was a situation like no, bro, I need to get on the field. But he got guaranteed money. And so they said, nah, it's not healing like it's supposed to. You need to have another surgery, right.
Speaker 2: I just don't.
Speaker 1: I don't get that. That's what's being reported now. We don't know what's true or not. But look, the truth is somewhere in between this box. Yeah, yeah, between the kids on the forehead, the second opinion they wanted to have. They wanted to have surgery again something. The truth is somewhere in here, oh Joe. We just don't know where it's at but we think the truth is somewhere in this box.
Speaker 5: Listen. What you can do is you can hear the situations right, and it's like having a puzzle piece. All right, we got we got good pieces to the puzzle, and you can just fill out the rest of the puzzle based on the actions that have happened and what you're hearing. So you missed games last year, Okay, yeah, well.
Speaker 1: I think you only played five games though, Joe, I think you got hurt after the fifth game.
Speaker 5: Listen, all right, we're going into a new season. You're still not healthy. You're right and got a second opinion. Maybe your second opinion said, you know what, you need to just relax and let it heal on the song. Maybe the team said, well you need to get surgery. So again, now we're going to another season. You missed so many games last year. Now the season rolling around again, you're still not healthy. You're not on the field. They see you on on camera dancing around, you know, having fun and doing doing stuff. That's that's not for one, helping the team too, that's not helping yourself.
Speaker 2: And three, what.
Speaker 5: We're paying you means as dollars to do, you're not earning that you're not earning that you're not gonna do that on our time, O our clock, right, And so they made a business decision.
Speaker 2: Yes, I agree.
Speaker 1: I'm looking at it like, like I said, if he's in the last year of his contract, he doesn't have this guaranteed money, and he thinks like, hey, I get it. I totally get it. But he got thirty he got, he got what he had already got like forty nine million, he got another seven coming this year, and then guess what, Ohoe, he got another twenty five coming, another twenty five, twenty seven coming following year.
Speaker 2: So he's protected. That's why.
Speaker 1: That's why guys want these guaranteed contracts, So Joe, so I can be protected not just for one year, but for multiple years.
Speaker 2: So I get it.
Speaker 1: But if the report is what Chef is saying is true, I just don't know when this started taking place. Guys like I said, hey, look like I said, oh Joe, we ain't look. I don't put I don't put more two. It gone through so many tubes of toothpaste, putting toothpaste on the guys during training camp because I know all he gonna do is just walk out the door and pull it shut. He ain't gonna look back at it. He just gonna grab it and got him. I done, poured so much alcohol and lit it on fire up under the door. Yeah, we play pranks like that, but we know. Look, you ain't don't touch a man's you know, boy, I saw somebody almost got the brakes beat off him.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: He took his hair, he took his brush, took the duke brush and caught his pubit, bushed his pubert air with it with his brush and put it back.
Speaker 2: Okay, See, people don't play now, man.
Speaker 1: It ain't nothing. It ain't nothing but a brush. It ain't it ain't that serious. People don't play the way you play. Everybody don't play like that. And you and you need to understand that because you dealing with Look, I said, I just don't. I don't get it. I just like I said, I grew up at a time where men men didn't play. Men rarely didn't play at all. I remember my grandfather and them telling no jokes like I said, and uh, we told the story of my brother. I just sat down with him about somebody made a joke about my grandfather's teeth, and as my grandfather was driving off.
Speaker 2: He had his teeth, he had his false teeth.
Speaker 1: They were sitting on the dash and got a uhuh, mister Barney, don't let don't let your teeth for a runaway. And my grandfather put that car in reverse. Stop that car and got out said, don't play. I'm enough to be your dad, is it. Don't play with me? He said, I'm a grown ass man. He say, find somebody to play with.
Speaker 2: And I'm not him. Man, Probably about five s here for each boy.
Speaker 1: My because if you know, back all people used to go to get the gas that you get that full service, O Joe, you know what I'm saying, They ain't get a pumpy whole gas. And hey, because you did the windows. And you know what I'm saying, Oh Joe, you did the window, got the windows all nights.
Speaker 5: And you know that they do that in Jersey. Huh oh they do that, They do that in Jersey.
Speaker 2: Okay man.
Speaker 1: And so I'm I'm I'm surprised.
Speaker 2: I'm really surprised that.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: And in the today's society that allegedly what Christian Wilkins did. I mean, because he's, like I said, there are some things that like and and and photos that surface and I don't know it might be AI. It's hard to say. Hell, I don't got the way. I don't really believe nothing no on the internet anymore because I don't even know if it's if it's real, low Choe, if it's AI, because hey, I have have it. You know, got alligator riding the horse. So I don't even know what to believe anymore, Oh Joe. But I'm just saying, God, stop playing so much. All these people in pranks and all this stuff. And you see people walking up and they trying to prank somebody and they do it all this stuff. Y'all start that, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah everybody, Yeah yeah, come on, come on that. You're gonna get yourself hurt. And the first thing somebody family gonna say they didn't have to do him like that, or they didn't have to do her do her like that.
Speaker 2: No, you didn't have.
Speaker 1: To play like that. People, everybody don't play the same. Somebody gonna let y'all have it, So just stop, just stop like because like you said, O Joe, that's a total stranger. You don't know that from Adam and I know somebody I know, I got great friends. But we know how to play and we know what to say when we play. You know certain things. There's certain things that's off limits, and you understand that.
Speaker 5: You always you did it with you always know what line not the cross. You know your friends. You always know what what what can get that? What buttons the push?
Speaker 3: You know it.
Speaker 5: Button's not the push. You know what line, not the cross, And there's there's great understanding with that when it's it's someone that you've been friends with for a very long time. Now, when it's second, when somebody knew like you're on a new team, a teammate that you don't know that well outside of that building, there's certain things you can't do. You can't conduct yourself, you know the way you conduct yourself with somebody known twenty twenty twenty five years.
Speaker 1: That's why you go in a new environment. You sit back and you observe. Yeah, okay, I can joke with him, I can't joke with him. Well I can say something like this to him. Yeah, I can't say that to him. You got to read the room.
Speaker 2: That's why you observed.
Speaker 1: Give yourself a month or two, three months, excuse me to observe and see who you can and can't. Yeah, who you can talk to, who you can make joke with, who you can do certain things too. You just need to be observing because being in a locker room, because you got a lot of different backgrounds, don't Joe. People come from a lot of different areas, I mean, the social economic background, the different religions, the different ideology, how somebody was raised, and you don't know what the trigger is. You just don't want to be the one to pull it right. So I'm sorry the young man, but hopefully they get this resolved because he's extremely talented.
Speaker 2: He can play, He's gone to the Pro Bowl. He can play.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he can rush the past, he's tremendous against the run. It seems to me that he really enjoys the game. Sometimes I think he enjoyed it too much. But this I just, like I said, we don't know Chefter's reporting that this incident did have but he's saying that's not the that's not the sole reason of why they chose to go in this direction. We don't know, Like I said, that's what Shepter's being reported. We're reporting, basically, we're commenting on what Shepter's reporting. What we do know is that he's been released and they're basically saying, we ain't paying you. He filed agreements with the NFLPA trying to get the guaranteed money that he believes he's old. We'll see how it plays out. Oh choe, y'all did my man wrong? Patrick Mahons was left off the ninety nine rating. Players with the ninety nine overall rating in Man twenty six were revealed today and they are sa Kwon Barkley, Lamar Jackson, Josh Allen, Justin Jefferson, Jamar Chase, Miles, Garrett, and Lane Johnson.
Speaker 2: What was mahon? Boys were? What was he? Ojo?
Speaker 3: Ninety eight? Oh?
Speaker 2: Okay, Oh, he's.
Speaker 5: A he's a ninety eight, like there are many quarterbacks.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: They made it to the Super Bowl, right, we all football this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah, based on last year, he shouldn't have been ninety nine.
Speaker 5: That's the whole point. That's every The rating is based on your performance and what you did last year. Yes, they went to the Super Bowl. Yeah, but he def' and the standards in the metric system in which we judge Patrick Mahomes, who even though he's a ninety is still one of the greatest quarterbacks of all time. He's not a ninety nine based off last year's production. I'm not sure why people people chiefs, fans, they fussing at me. They argue with me, it's not a bet, but what Because.
Speaker 1: It's not a lot of time of chief you don't get you don't get a ninety nine to get to keep it forever. So I get to play like crap I throw forty interceptions. I'm still a ninety nine because I've had great years in the past.
Speaker 2: No, if you look at the guys, look at the.
Speaker 1: Season of Saquan had over two thousand yard Offensive Player of the Year. Look at Lamar Josh Allen was the MVP, the Jetta was Jella was.
Speaker 2: What he had.
Speaker 1: Second, I think the second most receiver yards behind Chase Miles. Garrett had an outstanding season, and Lane Johnson. We know what John Johnson represent. So these guys that are ninety nine, they're more. They earned that. So Patrick Mahomes didn't earn it. He didn't earn the ninety nine. He's a ninety eight, which is which is good if you're the game of ninety seven. I don't think he could have been mad considering how he played.
Speaker 5: Right, and I think people we watched the Chiefs last year, we watched some struggle, especially offensively, even though they were winning games. Because Patrick Mahomes is just that great when it comes to managing game and not turning the ball over. Patrick Mahomes last year he only threw for three.
Speaker 2: Yards first season under four thousand.
Speaker 5: Yeah, under four thousand in front of him, in front of him. Statistically, who do for more yards? Lamar Jackson, Yeah, Sam Darnold, Gino Smith, Baker Mayfield, Jared Goff and Joe Burrow. I mean, like, like, what are we talking about. It's not a bad thing Mahomes is still Last year it showed us that he's human.
Speaker 4: Lord.
Speaker 5: Patrick Mahomes is done so far in such a very short amount of time in his career.
Speaker 3: He is.
Speaker 5: It's these like superman in the sense, like man in the sense to the point we're comparing the Brady and he's still active with a long way to go.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, but it's not at oh oh Joe without further ado, Let's welcome in. He drives the number twenty three car for twenty three eleven racing. He has three career wins on the NASCAR circuit. He became the second black driver to win in the Cup Series with the victory in twenty twenty one at Talladego Supermotor Speedway, the first in his career for the twenty three eleven racing and yesterday he captured his first ever Crown Jule victory in the historic win at the Brickyard four hundred.
Speaker 2: You begin, mayh Bubba.
Speaker 1: We had a conversation a few uh this probably about four years ago, and you said, uh, I think you had just you had just started.
Speaker 2: With the uh the MJ. Denny Hamlin team.
Speaker 1: I think you had you had just just started, and you were talking about your expectations. You know, Hey, I want to win Daytona. If it's like you, like Shannon is the super Bowl? If you if you get a chance to win one game, what game you want to win?
Speaker 2: Super Bowl? For me?
Speaker 1: Well, that's how it is for NASCAR. You want to win Daytona. It wasn't Daytona, but it was one of the Crown Jewels. So you got Daytona, you got the Coca Cola six hundred, you got the Brickyard, and you got Darlington. That's when one of the Crown Jewels and the as it's winding down and you realize I'm about to win this. I'm about to win this. What's going through your mind? Bubbah?
Speaker 6: Well, first, thanks for having me, boys, I appreciation. Uh yes, it's an honor to be on here. Man the last last, twenty last. When we got the lead, honestly, I didn't know how many laps were left.
Speaker 3: I thought it was way more than twenty laps to go.
Speaker 6: So when my spotter told me twenty Togo, I'm like, oh shit, all right, we got we gotta get serious here. We got a chance. Rain came through, had a little bit of a delay. I had a red flag, but I told myself, like, I didn't want to win it this way. I won Talladega like this in twenty twenty one. We know how much controversy that started. I wanted to win at fair and squared straight up and get the twenty three back to victory lane, and so I just stayed in the ready mindset.
Speaker 3: We went back with a green white checker.
Speaker 6: To attempt two of them to be exact, and we're able to conquer both of them. So it's still kind of unbelievable to me. You know, I manifested a lot of good things waking up Sunday morning. But I put in my tweet that I still don't believe it, although I was believing the whole time leading up to it.
Speaker 3: So it's just weird, man, It's crazy. It's crazy, you know, did you go ahead?
Speaker 2: Oo?
Speaker 5: That was gonna be my next question. Most of the time, when you win something big like this and make history, you know, being one one of the second if I'm not mistaken to win in this big of this magnitude, has it even hits you yet? Has it hit you yet exactly what you've accomplished?
Speaker 3: It has you know?
Speaker 6: It had been going on three years, uh since I had been to Victory Lane, And you know, I've said it multiple times. You know, my buddy look and who drives a twelve car he wanted at Charlotte, and he had said he had gone on a little hiatus, and he had said, you don't know if you could do it anymore after you go for so long without winning. And so a lot of self doubt kind of was sitting in there, and and it was a lot of perseverance and overcoming that and we're here, We've done it. So now to get back through the flow of everything. Yes, I'm busy now I'm doing all the media stops. But this is how it was three years ago, and it's it's a great feeling like you're on top of the world. Uh, you know, everybody's looking at you different now and and and the people that continue to believe in you there kind of giving you like see I told you so.
Speaker 3: And that's a great feeling to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, when you get to the track.
Speaker 1: When you got to the track, did you believe you had the type of car that could win.
Speaker 2: It for you?
Speaker 6: Well, I think when you get to the top level, before you even step foot on the field of the track, you have to believe.
Speaker 3: You have to have that percentage whatever that is right. You have to know that you have a fighting change.
Speaker 6: And with this team, that's what we created going on five years now with twenty three eleven.
Speaker 3: We wanted to show up.
Speaker 6: With the right people, the right cars, just the right equipment and partners to make this all work. You got to have everything to make this work in a sport and so yes, going in the Indie we finished fifth there last year. Knew we had some potential when through practice we were like thirty second in practice but practice was super weird, so we threw that out the window and then we qualified second. We missed the poll by thirteen hundreds of a second. So we knew we had a good car. We knew we had to be a good car. Okay, but Saturday is Saturday, Sunday is is race day.
Speaker 3: It's game day.
Speaker 6: Like it's a total different vibe and there's so many different scenarios. But like I said, I woke up and it was no one is taking this from me today, hours before the race, like I want that. I seen the trophy sitting in the driver's meeting and says I want that. The track president, a good friend of mine, Doug Ball said in two thousand and five, Tony Stewart won. You guys know these names. In twenty fifteen, Kyle Busch swan. He said, legends win on the year of number five, Legends in the making, current legends, whatever you want to be, So it is up to you guys who decides to win. And I said, I'm going to be that guy today hours before the race.
Speaker 3: And it all worked out.
Speaker 6: And man I said again in my tweet, I'm not the superstitious guy. I usually don't manifest I just kind of go with the flow. But Sunday was different, and I was confident in every move that I made and every outcome that was there, every scenario is that was there, and it was just a perfect recipe for an awesome day. Had the family there, had my nine month old and my wife there, was awesome.
Speaker 1: And that's what I was about to get into in late September. You and your wife, lovely wife, Amanda, who helped you your first child.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: What was that like, Bubba?
Speaker 1: I got my wife here, who's been by my side for the longest, and now I got a look.
Speaker 2: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 1: What was that moment like when they came to Victory Lane and you laid.
Speaker 2: Eyes on your wife and your child.
Speaker 3: You're you're related, right.
Speaker 6: I'm on top of the car, I'm more out, I'm sweating, I'm soaking wet, and I was like doing an interview and I'm like, I haven't seen my wife and kid yet, like where they are, what's going on?
Speaker 3: And so you're going through the emotions.
Speaker 6: I'm trying not to pass out because I'm dehydrated and fatigued, and I see them and all of that goes away.
Speaker 3: It's just like us.
Speaker 6: Three are at the track for fifteen seconds and I see my kid. He cracks that smile when he sees when he sees me, and I'm already on top of the world, and I don't even know how you can get higher than that. And it was just just a really cool experience. You know, we were able to win in Daytona to start the year with the duel, but this one was Bex's first official win, so to have him there, he has no idea what's going on, but we have a ton of memories captured that we'll be able to talk about someday and I look forward to that moment. But Amanda being there as well, she's like you said, she's there every step of the way. He's been with me for going on ten years now and has gone through the trials and tribulations with me, right by my side. And the first thing she told me, and you could see it, she mouths it, we did it, We did it.
Speaker 3: We finally did it.
Speaker 6: We've been working so hard to get to this level, and now that we got our little sidekick, healthy baby boy. It is just I saw he did not He sat there, he was like, what are all doing? I didn't want to pourse it.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to pourse it. It was awesome, though, it was awesome.
Speaker 5: I want to go back to those moments, especially towards the end of the race. Obviously you had multiple cautions. Yeah, and you have to restart? Are you nervous? Would like I'm trying to think of, like what's going to your mind when when you're having to restart? Obviously already having a certain position, you're nervous when there's time to restart in case, my think and maybe somebody might come back and take the spot where I'm already at. Yeah, how did did you have to did you have to block people in or you know you have the yeah in everything that you do. Yeah.
Speaker 6: So so during that red flag, you know, I went through all the scenarios of what was going to happen.
Speaker 3: I knew, uh, well, the biggest thing, We'll back up a little bit.
Speaker 6: Uh when the caution came out with six to go, we were extremely tight on fuel, Like yeah, like that's Kuchi said, we have enough fuel for one overtime restart.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 6: And then this is all calculated out, so could be off by very little, but the technology and the data that we have nowadays.
Speaker 3: Uh, we don't miss that much. It's spot on, right.
Speaker 6: And so they're like, we have enough for one overtime restart if we go when we go back green. So I said, okay, So I go through my mental check clip. Okay, I gotta get a good start here. If I get a good push and I'm ahead, he's not gonna beat me through turn one or turn turn two. So we fire off and I don't get a good push. He gets a good push, he's ahead of me into one, and I said, okay, but those are off. We're gonna we're gonna battle this because I'm not, you know, giving up the spot, get the lead through two and uh defending playing a little cat and mouse down the backstretch. Caution comes out still in the lead. Well, I was just told that I only have a fuel, enough fuel for one of those.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: We're about to do it again. Oh and so it's like, all right.
Speaker 6: There's no way that there's no way that I could end this way. I kind of had the angel Devil on each shoulder. It was like this is about to be ripped out from underneath you. And then the other part is like you got plenty of fuel in the tank. This is gonna be fine, and uh fast forward. It ended up being fine. We had a hell of a restart, got in the lead through turn one and and never looked back, and uh hell, I had enough fuel to do a burnout. I ran out of fuel backing up on onto the podium to go up to the top.
Speaker 3: So it was it was really cool, really cool.
Speaker 5: That's dope. That's dope.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you brother, the twenty three to xil Car. I mean you you were the first driver that that Mike and Danny hired in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: And you know you absolutely know how competitive Mike is.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 1: Danny if pretty, Danny is a little little calmer, but he's competitive also.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: When you're going through your drought that it never crossed your mind. Man, I got it. I got the wind this thing cause uh no, one J.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I one hundred percent. I thought about that every day. MJ has been super loyal to me and has been one of my biggest supporters. And it's not every day where somebody can say that, right, And so I definitely don't take those words for granted. I appreciate that support, but I also know he also told me, you know, don't get comfortable, you know, always always keep pushing for more, you know. And and I'm never the person to get comfortable because I am so competitive and I want to win every damn race that we enter. But MJ and Denny both know. It's a little bit different for Denny because he's in it. He's in the trenches as well. But they both know how hard.
Speaker 3: It is to win.
Speaker 6: And so when you're going up against guys like Dinny, I mean, Denny finished third, he was right there, you know, he's he's winning multiple so it's it's super hard. And so I didn't lose the sight of that that it's really hard and I'm giving it everything I have. But there was a time, like maybe a few years ago, where I felt like, you know, Denny was really really hard on me, and it's like, man, I'm I'm what do you want me to do? And I've quickly switched transition to I think both MJ and Denny see the potential in me that I don't see, and this is why everything is happening a certain way. And so I put it on my shoulders to figure out why it's why is that?
Speaker 3: What what are they seeing? Let's go find it?
Speaker 6: And I hate that it's taken three years, but hey, it's been one day since I've haven't won a race, now, you know, and not not a thousand whatever it was at one hundred races, whatever it was, and you know, it's it's I really appreciate those guys and understanding the the importance of competition and what it takes to be the absolute best. I had to beat the best this weekend to get the win, and so I really love the position that we're in now. Yes, it's only five races to go in the regular season, but there's so much weight lifted off my shoulders. The last three years, I have been the last guy or the first guy out, you know, the last guy in, first guy out. I have to the very end of the regular season have always just been super stressed out because you want to make the playoffs.
Speaker 3: It's a make or break. You know, we missed it. We were first car out last year.
Speaker 6: We missed it, and you're kind of just put on the shelf and we'll try again next year.
Speaker 3: Well we're in, baby, we're in.
Speaker 6: We're locked in, and now we can go and have some fun for these next five, really identify our week areas and sharpen our tools to get ready for a good playoff run because I truly believe in this team. A twenty three car has really upticked the performance from all avenues and man, it's it's been really cool. So well, just what an awesome day yesterday.
Speaker 1: If you don't mind sharing, what, uh, bubba, what did Mike say when you? When you when he got on the phone with you and you guys talked, what did he say to you?
Speaker 3: He was just super proud man. He was just really really proud, uh and really happy for me. And I was I was bummed.
Speaker 6: I was bummed that he wasn't there because Reddick teammate, he's got to win with MJ there. I think he's got multiple wins with MJ there and and I've yet to my three wins. He hasn't been there, but just okay. But I thought that one would have been maybe.
Speaker 3: Stay away. Hey, I got three of them. You ain't there, stay away, That's fine with me.
Speaker 6: But I said, man, I wish you were here, and he was like, well, I'll have a drink for you in spirit. So that was that was super cool. Uh, he's always watching. Uh from from a guy you guys, you guys know him. I mean, he could be doing so much other things with his time and money and.
Speaker 3: Effort, but he loves Nascar.
Speaker 6: He he's been a fan of this for so long, and he understands harsh, that's that's You're.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, that's exactly right. And he understands how hard it.
Speaker 6: Is, and he loves the process to see his his team go through to get to the top. So it's honored to be driving in the twenty three.
Speaker 5: Hey, how much time do you get to take off? If I'm not mistaken? Their five races?
Speaker 2: Left?
Speaker 5: Is ioway?
Speaker 2: Is next? Right?
Speaker 3: I was? I was next? Yes, sir, I was next.
Speaker 5: How much time do you have off before you have to get back out, start training, get back in the rhythm and actually forget about Okay, I just want to brick yard four hundred now I got the hockey and continue to have fun and enjoy myself. Yeah, but taking things up before this playoff run.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, so when when I win, my schedule gets immediately busy, you know. And so yes, that's all I've been doing today. We had a little party last night, but man, I'll tell you, getting old and having a nine month.
Speaker 3: Old that sobers you up real quick.
Speaker 6: I was up at seven am ready to rip, changing diapers and whatnot. So it was it was special to have the team over. But I'm sure tomorrow, I know, Tomorrow is really packed, and then Wednesday.
Speaker 3: Maybe some more stuff.
Speaker 6: But Thursday usually have a day off and then you travel out Friday, so you get a day or so to just completely be off social media, not working, enjoy yourself, playing golf whatever, hanging by the pool, hanging with your kid, whatever it is. So but really it's no time you're you're You're right back in the car and going at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I have one more question before if you have anything ahead. Yeah me, I know Iowa's next. I'm not sure with the other four. Please tell me. Homestead Miami Speedway is in the next four after Iowa.
Speaker 3: No, we already ran.
Speaker 6: We ran Homestead earlier this year, so next year the final race of the season will be Homestead, so it'll be in November. Uh so, yeah, we we ran Homestead. We finished third there, uh back in March, so it's been a while. So yeah, yeah, you can travel, you can travel, Come on out any ray, we got.
Speaker 5: You all right, you already know. So we got we got Iowa. What's after Iowa?
Speaker 3: I don't know. Let me look Iowa, Watkins, Glenn.
Speaker 2: Ri I went. That's a road course.
Speaker 3: That's a road course. Richmond and Daytona.
Speaker 5: Oh with Daytona, that'll be what that's during football season though by that time.
Speaker 3: Right, that's probably a month away.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'll see you in Daytona.
Speaker 3: You're gonna be there, all right?
Speaker 5: Perfect, yeah, because remember I'm in Miami.
Speaker 6: I'm right there, right, So that's uh, that's a Saturday night race.
Speaker 3: So August twenty.
Speaker 5: Third, Okay, I'll be there, all right.
Speaker 1: I'll hit you up, Buba. Let me ask you this, how did they determine the Crown Jewels? Because when I was when I was growing up, and I used to watch the NASCAR, you know, and I had the conversation, You're like, man, you really do know Nascar?
Speaker 2: When did? When did?
Speaker 1: Because Talladega Talladega was really next to Daytona when I was a kid, right, and so and you look at the Crown jewels they got, you know, you got obviously, we got the brickyard, and you got the Coca Cola six hundred in Charlotte, you got Daytona and then Darlington.
Speaker 2: How did how did Talladaga get kicked out?
Speaker 3: That's a good question.
Speaker 6: So I haven't really been a history buff and understood the importance. I appreciate the importance, but when all this came about, you know, I just kind of stumbled upon like, Okay, we got four Crown Jewels. But I would say since the early two thousand and late nineties, maybe early nineties, it's it's been kind of those four because they're always talked about every time they're on the schedule and we're getting close to them, Crown Jeel events are coming up, so Holliday, I think just because I don't know why it's changed, be honest with you, I could get off into the weeds and I'm not sure, but I know we got one of them, so we get.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got what Hey, I got what.
Speaker 1: I got one of the slams, the construles, and I'm good. We had a conversation and I was asking you. I said, well, how much time do you spend on the track, And I want you to share with our chat that you like.
Speaker 2: Spend most of the time in the simulator. I've been.
Speaker 1: You know, the cars cost too much, we can't afford can't run the risk, correct, So we spent a lot of time in the simulators.
Speaker 2: Talk to my chat about that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember that conversation.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we uh, that's that's actually a really popular question that people always ask, like, what does.
Speaker 3: Practice look like? Well, we don't get any you know, let's.
Speaker 6: Go back fifteen ten, ten, fifteen years ago. Yeah, we were testing each and every day of the week. We'd race on Sunday, be testing Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, if you could. But nothing's free in this world, and it costs a lot of money. And so NASCAR looked at ways of becoming more cost efficient and bridging the gap from smaller budget teams the bigger budget teams, and so they eliminated testing. Right, the more testing, the more r and d you get, the more speed you find. As we're smaller teams, you don't really have that. So you had the disparity, right, and so now there's probably let's just say fifteen to twenty NASCAR mandated tests, but there's only three cars that are allowed. Sometimes there's two from each team that are allowed to go, but NASCAR mandates those and it's not every time that I get to go and do it. I haven't tested and over a year, and that's just one track.
Speaker 3: That's just one track.
Speaker 6: And so we spend all of our time weeks leading up for road courses. We'll spend every Wednesday for two hours getting ready for like Watkins Glenn right. And so some drivers do more, some drivers do less, some drivers don't do any at all. I I struggle a little bit because it is virtual, right it does. You don't have the sensation of speed, So that's a big factor that I rely on. Like my mind, my butt is telling me things to my feet to do, my hands to do, and you don't get that. But it is a good tool for engineers and crew chiefs. They they really have developed the software and the technology to basically take our setup, our physical setup, and plug it in the data world. And this is what you got, so give us our feedback. You're right, and it's and it's crazy to see how advanced it has come. So yeah, we spend hours on the virtual world getting ready for real life and expect it to be the same.
Speaker 5: You know, that's that's funny now that you said that. The way you practice obviously don't want to wreck the cars in real time having to practice, but doing it in the virtue world. How long before you can to rhythm the live track and feel comfortable at what you're doing. Obviously doing a version you have to memorize everything, understanding its well, you can get away with them? Can get Can I get away with this high? Can I go with low?
Speaker 2: Dragon?
Speaker 5: You the whole nine yards?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, but no, no.
Speaker 6: No, I'll give you a Chicago the street course that we ran. We were just there.
Speaker 3: There are three weeks ago.
Speaker 6: I believe it is actually pretty good on the sim, like things translate pretty well, and so we have our breaking markers. They have like eight hundred feet seven hundred feet, six hundred feet until the turn right, so that's your breaking markers, and so on the sim you pick out one and you get into a nice rhythm for for weeks and running that, and so it's like, all right, you know, we feel pretty good about it. We go off in real life and you break at the six hundred marker and it's like, oh, that's it, okay. So then sometimes it could be off maybe by one hundred feet, which is a lot, but you can creep up to it.
Speaker 2: And whatnot.
Speaker 3: We usually tend to creep up to it instead of overdo it and back off, because.
Speaker 6: When you're in a street course, there's not much room for overdoing. You are done and destroyed. So yes, you have to be mindful. So it's easy for us to creep up to But when the track translates and correlates really well in the virtual world, then it makes the process easier. So you're spending maybe three laps in real life to get comfortable right.
Speaker 1: And you mentioned Watkins Glean, which is a road course as normally is are these left turns now you're talking about right turns?
Speaker 2: How long did it take you to get comfortable with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's taking me twenty three years. I've been doing it.
Speaker 6: Man, road courses, I've come a long way since my first road course race. So I've been in Cup for eight years now.
Speaker 3: Man, I was just terrible. I was so slow.
Speaker 6: Just if the breaking mark at that if the mark was go lift at the four hundred, I was lifting at the eight hundred.
Speaker 3: I was just not doing my job. It was bad.
Speaker 6: And now you know, we've we've been able to confidently say we looked at all of our road course stuff these finishes don't show it. But where we qualify, where we run, we can say we're a tenth twelfth place car on road courses, which is a massive step and I've really appreciated the grind to get there.
Speaker 3: It's been a lot of work.
Speaker 6: But I have confidence showing up on road courses now, like I have confidence going to Indy and then road courses are right there beneath it.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 6: It's not going to match an oval because I haven't done it all my life. There's a lot of guys that have done it majority of their life, majority of their career. They can just show up and be really good at it, and so it's it's just a different craft that you have to learn how to develop and adapt to. That has taken a little bit more time for me, but it's finally starting to show up and pay off.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Okay, I got one more question, one more question. Okay, I almost come on us. I promise, I promise, I promise. Okay, when it comes to practice, right, I just want to know this virtually obviously or when you have simulations in the virtual world, do they obviously have cars as well? Do it assimilated that way? We have other cars or practice.
Speaker 3: Against Nope, nope, we were out there solo.
Speaker 6: So yeah, there's there's another factor that you're always by yourself and certain tracks you can work on, Like we don't have tire fall off, so the tires are always one grip, every time, every every part in the virtual world. That's not real in real life, right, So there's so many different factors. As soon as you roll out of the garage, your tires are already starting to eat up and change. So there's a lot of factors that are still a work in progress. This is many years after I am out. Will still always be developing simulation tools to get it even closer to real life, so it'll be exciting to see what's to come.
Speaker 2: Bubba, you drive now obviously.
Speaker 1: Rick Hendrick is a big car collector, MJ a car collector. Are drivers you guys drive for a living? Are you guys car collectors? Do you like cars?
Speaker 6: I love cars, I have I have a couple of toys I've posted.
Speaker 3: I have a couple of vintage cars. I got a Volkswagen Bug and a bus so those are fun.
Speaker 2: But you got a twenty three what you got a twenty three window? Windows? Yeah?
Speaker 6: That thing is that thing is pimped too, like it's it's actually off getting work done. Okay, it'll actually be back, I think within the next month, which I'm excited for. We got a bigger motor in it, so it's uh, it's gonna be fun. But Toyota cay Man is such a great partner of ours, and uh.
Speaker 3: I got a pretty sweet deal.
Speaker 6: I got a pretty good agent to work out a good deal I get. I get three personal vehicles from them, so I'm not complaining. I drive the new Toyota Tundra of TIERD pro. I got the Lexus g X five fifty uh, and then I got my bus driver one just a cruise around in the new brand new four Runner that just came out.
Speaker 3: So I'm living good. I got a lot of cars.
Speaker 2: I love cars.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, we're good, right, you drive.
Speaker 5: Fast for a living. You didn't mention anything foreign that is really really fast.
Speaker 6: I'm good because I trust my race car way more than any street car that goes fast.
Speaker 3: Okay, so I'm good. I drive it on Sundays, okay.
Speaker 2: One yeah, yeah, Bubby, We're gonna get you out of her.
Speaker 1: This one for black young kids that may be listening and get them interested in NASCAR to be like you because you said at a very young age you driving the midgets and you like always wanted to be on the NASCAR, so you wanted to drive. How do we get other minorities interested in NASCAR?
Speaker 2: Oh Man, such a good question. I think it.
Speaker 3: I think winning on Sundays definitely helps.
Speaker 6: You know for me that that gets like the stake in the ground, that gets the roots in the ground right and creates a foundation how we make getting started in motorsports mainstream. It is so underground it doesn't matter if you're trying to be that one driver, Indy car driver, NASCAR driver. The go cart tracks are not some hey show up here and have a good time. It is underground and it costs a lot of money. And so I think it's understanding. There's probably so many kids out there that I know, there's so many kids out there that want to race and have no idea that there's a go car track or a racing facility within ten miles of their house, right.
Speaker 3: And it's about the exposure.
Speaker 6: It's about being comfortable to go out there and just watch, become a fan, learn as much as you can, and then when you build up the confidence, the courage. You go ask somebody, how do I do this? How do I become this? The first thing people are going to say is money. The way that the sport is evolved now, Like the driver that has them a lot of talent and no money versus the driver who has a lot of money and notes are no talent. You know, he is getting the opportunity first over the guy with talent, and so I hate that it's that way. But everything's gotten expensive these days, but motorsports, I mean, you're racing cards at the end of the day. It's expensive and so understanding that figuring out how to get your foot in the door, but understanding that it is so underground you have to do your research. I encourage everybody to get on Google Maps or whatever it is and type in race tracks nearby and go and enjoy it because there are so many different forms of racing to get started in, and everybody wants to be a driver. I get that, but there's only thirty eight thirty six of us I get to do it in the world. It gets harred. Not everybody can be a driver, but you can be a part of a race team. There are so many opportunities that I think all of us can do a better job of showcasing. Hey, this might be an avenue for you, This might be an avenue for you. Like, come be a part of our team in some fashion. Let's learn together and grow together.
Speaker 4: I like it.
Speaker 2: Bubba Man. Congratulations man, We're proud of you.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Check this out.
Speaker 1: When you win the Cup, you're in the playoff in the Cup, come back and celebrate with us.
Speaker 6: I'll be there. I'll be there from the racetrack. I'll call you from the bus from victory line.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it, Bubba Man.
Speaker 1: Congratulations, Congratulations on the new kid, Congratulations on the wind Man.
Speaker 2: Come back and see us soon. All right, we'll do. Thank you, guys, Bubba Wallace, Ladies, gentlemen, Yes, sir bad that was great. It was great. Like I said, i've had it.
Speaker 1: I've had him on, oh Joe when I when I first started club, I had them on and we talked a long time and got into the weeds of it, and we talked about the drivers. We you know, you know obviously Wendell Scott, but you know, we talked about Richard Patty and cal Yarborough and Bobby and Donnie Allison and Darryl Waltrip and you know all the guys Harry Gantt and Austin Bill from Dawsonville and Buddy Baker, the Wood Brothers, you know, oh Joe bad Back when I was, when I was a kid, Nascar was it in the South?
Speaker 2: Black, white, it didn't matter.
Speaker 1: You go to the you go to the convenience store and they had the band down of they had all the little bandawmnage. You saw all the racing cars. Uh uh Dale Earnhardt Sr. So you had, I mean, you had all the paraphern there, the jackets hanging up, the cavs uh. And then if you're from the South, you know exactly what I'm talking about. And there was no there was really no. There was no Iowa, there was no there was no California racing. Everything was from the South, basically from Virginia all the way down.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: It was it. It was unbelievable. And to talk about it, man, but I was, Uh. It was great to have Bubba on and get an opportunity to talk. You know, from time to time, I like having I like having guys on from a sport that we don't really talk about a whole lot, and it gives our chat, give the chats an opportunity to hear about something that they're probably not as familiar with, or and and and to get a guy get an opportunity on like Bubba to show his personality.
Speaker 5: And the funny thing too about it on is is I've been to many many NASCAR races. I can talk to Bourbons, talk to Pacifics a little bit. And I don't think people people actually want to give it a chance because they just view it as cars going fast in the circle.
Speaker 2: But yeah, strategy is a lot of strategy behind it, a lot.
Speaker 5: But I never I would never want to explain the strategy to somebody who's never been. I want to get you in an environment. I just need to get your environment. I just need to get you in them stands, get you a nice beer, get your hot dog, just some popcorn, and just then allow you to experience it there and then you'll get a better feel for it. It's more than just going in the circle, because just tell it, just tell you watch it on TV. It does no justice, man.
Speaker 1: Until until you see them cars traveling at one hundred and eighty to two hundred miles an hour and they're this far apart. So you talk about the full five or you go seventy five eighty five. I'm talking about highways that everybody knows. Or you set on the on rush out and you ate yep like o Jo say you rush hour and the cars are going traveling one hundred and eighty miles an hour and they're this close to each other.
Speaker 5: No room for error, There is no room for error.
Speaker 1: And when those cars come and then when those cars come by and you you could just I mean you could just hear it move.
Speaker 2: Hey.
Speaker 5: The best part is when the announcer says, drivers, start your engines, start it started. That feeling is it's like no other.
Speaker 1: When they find that bag up on your and they start head to the track and they start doing.
Speaker 2: Like this, and then warmed they wanted to grip mad Ain't not like it, on Joe, Ain't nothing like it. Man ain't nothing like it.
Speaker 5: You've been to Charlotte before. You've never been to Charlotte.
Speaker 2: I've never been to Charlotte.
Speaker 5: No, okay, yeah, Charlotte. I've been in Charlotte, Daytona, Iowa once Homestead, which is right, but like a thirty minute drive down the road.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got Hampton, We we got Hampton. Hampton is so hard to get to because there's only one way in and there's one way out.
Speaker 5: That's traffic.
Speaker 1: So you talking about a couple of hundreds, Oh yeah, yeah, yeah, Hampton, Hampton Joy So there's only oh Joe, it's two lanes.
Speaker 2: So you going in bro So unless you get the helicopter in, good luck, good luck.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, man, it's uh you got to, you got to, you got it. You need to experience it to get a true appreciation, all right, Joe, oh, Joe.
Speaker 2: Jared Jones says he just can't help himself today.
Speaker 1: He said last year's chance for CD Lamb's contract extension was much louder than yesterday's chance for Michaeh.
Speaker 2: Jerry said, Man, that was a little faint.
Speaker 1: Noise compared to the way they were hollering last year.
Speaker 2: Paid Lamb.
Speaker 1: Whoever's not in you could count it a few holler at that, but it was big and loud last year chance for Lamb.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know. Listen. I told you what I think Jerry's doing. I told you what I think he's doing. He's purpose every time he's not Frankness. But every time it's time for a player to get paid, even though he has to pay them top dollar, I think he purposely waits the last to the last minute for a reason. He's doing on purpose so the attension can always be on the Cowboys, so the tension can always be on be on him. Let's say, what if he did pay Michael Parsons already? What would be the conversation would be the conversation right now?
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you what you're gonna do with DK?
Speaker 5: What do you mean that that that is scheduled to make what sixty sixty one, sixty two something like that?
Speaker 2: That's your billion dollars?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 2: Is it gonna extend him?
Speaker 5: Extend him? He just signed it.
Speaker 2: Man, he got two years. He got a little love of year left on that already. Yeah.
Speaker 1: That that that do that say? Hey, that's what I say. Oh Joe, Hey, that's what I say. These years go by fast. You look up. I mean, hey, I just remember celebrating the fiftieth birthday. Now I'm close to the sixty, then I am fifty. And that's the thing. You look up, man, Man, this time ain't waiting on nobody with you.
Speaker 5: Oh, it ain't one thing, and one thing is it will never do it will never, it would never say that. You remember that quote you said about why you wear a watch? Remember that quote? I got a rich out, I ain't got my pad? I will watch?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Hey? Hey, how value my time is not to tell time? Yeah? That guy after this year, that can have two years left?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, dang that that that killing him? Boy, that killing him? They one hell of a team office eighty.
Speaker 1: Million dollars signing bonus two hundred and thirty one million and guaranteed money.
Speaker 5: That's what he got.
Speaker 2: That what that guy?
Speaker 5: Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Brother, Yeah, I'm.
Speaker 1: Mad at him at all. I mean, you know him much a man got to pay? How much a man got to be worth to pay you two hundred and thirty and guarantee it.
Speaker 5: I'm on now, come on now.
Speaker 1: Hey to the man, the man they got one hundred million dollar home. How much money do you think he actually got?
Speaker 5: If you can afford one hundred million dollar home, you know what? I give you one better? How about the man that had a three hundred and sixty million dollars.
Speaker 2: Yet that's a crew.
Speaker 1: You got to have a crew probably thirty thirty to fifty people.
Speaker 5: And don't get me started, man, there's a whole different We think athletes are rich, well, hell, what do you think for people that's paying them?
Speaker 3: On?
Speaker 1: No, they rich and wealthy, they're wealthy. Differ between well rich and wealthy. The wealthy the wealthy people pay the rich people's salary.
Speaker 2: That's how that work. That's how that worked. Oh, hold on, hold on, hold on.
Speaker 5: You know a there's another level above the wealthy people.
Speaker 2: The author, the ultra.
Speaker 5: Come on, man, Yeah, when you start.
Speaker 1: When you start getting all joed, when you start getting when you start getting to that twenty thirty. For first of all, you start getting twenty thirty billion, that's it. Now you get the fifty to seventy five. And then you get these guys that got a hundred, and then they go from one to one fifty, one fifty to two hundred, two hundred to two fifty. Now you're getting that Elon Muskin that's in a class by himself that he's three hundred billion. And then you know, you got Larry Ellison, and you got Mark Zuckerberg, and you got you know, Jeff Bezos.
Speaker 2: You got those guys the two hundreds. But but oh Joe, it's kind of like once you get like to a certain number, it's like hot.
Speaker 1: You your body don't know the difference between two hundred degrees and three hundred degrees.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, once you get fifty billion, you get fifty back. What what can't.
Speaker 1: You buy with fifty billion that you need to seventy five billion for? It's not just saying I want to have it, which I get. I ain't got no problem with that.
Speaker 5: And it's it's so funny when it comes to billionaires. The toys that they like to buy are completely different than what the million is like to buy their toys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh yeah, they look they get they get let me, they dropping, they drop, they dropping, They dropping one hundred million to a million.
Speaker 2: Artwork, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: They got a painting, you know, Picasso or they God winn Raw. You know, they spend they spend money Michelangelo, They spending money on Picasto. They spending money like that, O Joe.
Speaker 2: You know. And they got a home over here.
Speaker 1: They got a home over there. And you know they got a helicopter, they got a jet, you know, they take you know, they got a place over here that they'll take the you know, take the yard too and get up.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Hey man, it's it's a different world out there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, but so ja you heard him, So it doesn't.
Speaker 2: Matter how loud the chance work.
Speaker 1: You heard them say pay Michael Man, he would say pay Michael.
Speaker 2: One thing.
Speaker 5: One thing Jerry gonna do is he gonna do things his way, for sure. He's gonna do things his way and on his time. I don't like the fact that Mike is missing all these valuable days. He's not He's not going through the I call it putting the callous, creating the callous on the body to get ready to play football in the regular season. I don't like it. But he's gonna cut knowing Michael as explosive as he is, he gonna go from zero to sixty just like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, nor that.
Speaker 1: Look, this is Jerry. Jerry gonna be Jerry. He's gonna do like you said, He's gonna do things on his timeline. He already knows he has to pay Michael. Michael Parsons don't fall off trees. You got one, and you get an opportunity have him for the next you know, you got him, yere, I mean Michael's twenty six, so this is his fifth year, So you get it to have him for another five to eight years at bare minimum, and you know you're gonna have to pay him. And guess what, this is not the other that's not the only contract that.
Speaker 2: You're gonna get it. You're gonna guess what, You're gonna.
Speaker 1: Probably have to extend him another time, just like Miles Garrett got extended and he got extended again.
Speaker 3: T J.
Speaker 1: Watt got extended and he got extended again. So guess what, You're gonna probably have to give him two extensions. Yeah, and uh, Michael Parks is probably by the time he's uh thirty two thirty three is gonna probably be worth done signed contracts over three hundred million dollars. That's just that's the NFL that we live in now, ojo. That's that's where it's at. Definitely, and he would have earned every time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, people don't listen somebody on in the chat Michael Bennett training camp. Oyo, what you're talking about is Michael Parson practicing? Has he touched the field?
Speaker 2: What are you holding in?
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're holding in? How we like? What are we talking about?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 5: I just said he's gonna have to go from zero to sixty when he signs. He's holding in so he doesn't get fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's fifty thousand a day.
Speaker 5: It is fifty thousand a day. Huh yeah, yeah, like god leading common sense.
Speaker 3: Uh uh.
Speaker 5: Damn, that's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh he's uh, he's uh, he's been a limited participant because he's citing back tightness.
Speaker 5: H h.
Speaker 2: Back what it's it's back tight?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 5: Well people, funny man, mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: I don't blame it. I don't blame you.
Speaker 1: Like I said, fifty thousand a day, you're gonna be in training camp. I mean you're gonna be in training camp at bare MINTALM twenty day. That's a meal.
Speaker 5: Yeah. Ain't no, ain't no, ain't no point of playing like that. Mm hmm. I mean because they can't forget. They can't forgive that money either, but they can't.
Speaker 2: Like it used to.
Speaker 1: Guess what, Since you can't forgive it, guess what, go ahead, put it in my contract.
Speaker 2: I don't mind.
Speaker 1: Whatever, what, whatever I would have lost, whatever I lost by not showing up, I'm gonna need that in the contract.
Speaker 5: Yes, is matter of fact. Matter of fact. Put it into the sign sign.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like dollar Bill told like a Saint Louis told dollar Bill do something to make me feel better.
Speaker 2: That what he told Brooklyn? What was it? What was it? What was the name?
Speaker 1: Brooklyn? What the other dude name? When you when you putting that? He putting a cigarette out of what you call him? Nose man? I forgot a little bad. He say, hey, do something to make me feel better. Hey, yeah, I look, they're gonna get it done. I just hate you, know, Michael Michael Michael.
Speaker 2: Mike.
Speaker 1: Michael's like, well, hold on, y'all, keep on telling me, y'all gonna get it done until I think hit my MAK account.
Speaker 2: I don't believe it's gonna get done.
Speaker 5: But listen, I mean, Jerry is Jerry is being Jerry. He's done this to everybody, so the timetable, I'm not sure when it's gonna be me. If I was the player, I would have asked Jared I went. I would have went to him quietly, I say, listen, I understand you have a way of doing things. I'm not here to bully you and tell you how to run your bu this, but I need to be on the field. I need to be practicing especially when it comes to training camp. I want to be as far ahead of the curve as that can be going into the preseason, because I'm not gonna get that many snaps getting acclimated to the speed of the goddamn game. Please, sir, thank you kindy, and close the door and walk out.
Speaker 2: Remember what he said about CD.
Speaker 1: What CD gonna get out of being in practice, being in training camp, being all that?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 5: Please? Well, actually, you know what. CD ain't miss the goddamn beat. He ain't miss a beat. Last year, he ain't miss a beat. Back went out, he still was very productive.
Speaker 2: No, I think they ended up, didn't they end up? I think they ended up shutting CD down too well towards.
Speaker 5: The end of the season.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 5: And we dam I goddamn that can go. Oh