Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome, my friend, Welcome to Love Someone with Delilah. I hesitated there because I almost said conversations with Thellilah, which is what we called our podcast last year when we started it. But in my heart of hearts, I truly believe that you have within you a gift, a talent, a skill, the power to change the world for good. You do, you have something or a combination of things. Actually, there are people that are fabulous singers, There are people that are fabulous entertainers. But somebody like Adele her voice comes along once once in the history of the world. And voices are great, and singers are great, and stars are great, but not nearly as great as those people who use their gift and talent and skill and abilities and history and misfortunes to change the world for good. And in this new podcast series that we're calling Love Someone with Delia, I want to help you unlock the goodness that is within you so that you can change your world for good. I want to use this podcast series to introduce you to people who have changed the world impacted the world for good. And today's guest has certainly done that in a myriad of ways. He has used his gifts and talents and skills and fame as a football star and a baseball player to motivate people to cling fast to their faith, to love their family completely, and to make the world a better place, especially for people with disabilities. I'm talking, of course, about the legendary Tim Tebow, and we are going to talk to him in this podcast about life, about love, about a movie that he's produced, but especially about how he uses his gifts to motivate other people. So, without any further Ado, I can't wait for you to meet my new friend, Tim Tebow. Before we do that, I have to say thank you to the Home Depot who allows me to broadcast both on the air on the Delilah Radio show and in these podcasts. The Home Depot is teamed up with me for years to make this world a better place. And I want to tell you how much I appreciate everybody, especially at the Home Depot in my neighborhood, because I go there a lot, and now that spring is upon us, I'll be going there even a lot more. Tim Tebow, Welcome to the Delight.
Speaker 2: Yeah so much for having me been a huge fan for a long time, and just appreciate what you represent.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you, thank you you too, thank you. I love your faith, I love your boldness.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 2: It's it's just so important, you know, to try to share a good message and positive and uplift people and make people's life better. You know, I always say I think the greatest thing we can do is change another life for the better.
Speaker 1: Well, it's funny you should say that because I wrote a book last year and the title is One Heart at a Time. Because I truly believe, in the very core of my being, the only way we're going to change anything is one heart at a time by actively loving people. And it's the only way.
Speaker 2: And you know, I heard from my dad a long time ago the greatest form of love is to choose the best interests of another person and act on their behalf.
Speaker 3: And I really believe that.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's love a feeling, Sure it can't be some time, but the greatest form of love is a choice. When we go out of our way to love people, to help people, to make a difference in their life, When we for people that can never do anything for us, but we go out of our way, we choose their best interests and we act on their behalf because we truly choose to love them.
Speaker 1: It's true. I heard a pastor one time that said a lot of people think that the opposite of love is hate, and he said, that's not true. He said, the opposite of love is selfishness. The opposite of love is selfishness. Because when you're being selfish and acting on your own behalf and not caring how your actions impact others, that is the opposite of love. And it seems from your professional life and everything we're exposed to that you learned at a very early age to operate from that place of love and faith and family.
Speaker 2: Well, it's not easy, it's really not because we're all born with the selfish nature and it creeps in all the time.
Speaker 3: And if we.
Speaker 1: Just challenge hardest challenge for you that you can talk about on the radio, to say no to self and yes to love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I think we're all we all have our own inclinations a certain things.
Speaker 1: So I'm asking what is yours? If you can talk about it.
Speaker 2: Like, probably a form of want and competitiveness and striving and being driven to certain things. And I got to make sure that I'm not driving myself towards all selfish things that I'm driving myself towards things that affect other people's lives.
Speaker 3: And do you ever.
Speaker 1: Find yourself rationalizing that totally?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's very easy to but that's it.
Speaker 1: I'm doing this for you. No, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: I'm doing this for me. But what's important, and that's why it's so important to keep perspective and when we have the right perspective and we understand in God's economy is the more we give, actually the more we get. And it's kind of hard to kind of understand that, but once we experience it, once we feel it, then it's like, Okay, wait a second. I just went on this mission trip and I did nothing but give. But I'm coming back and I'm the most fulfilled I've ever been.
Speaker 1: Our podcast Today is made possible because of our relationship with people at the Home Depot. They've been so good to me for the last ten fifteen years. Not just good to me personally because I go there all the time, but good to me professionally, and they are our podcast sponsored today. Appliances in our homes can make life so much easier until they don't. There's rarely a warning signal before your washing machine washes its last load of clothing, or your dishwasher decides it's time to retire permanently, and the home depot knows that, and they're ready for you, Ready for you, with a large selection of great appliances, ready for you, with store hours that allow you early morning visits, after work visits well into the evening visits, ready for you, with a free delivery, and with urgency so that you don't have to wait weeks while the laundry is piling up, or you have to wash dishes by hand for a couple of weeks on end, because they are ready for you the home Depot. More saving, more doing. And now let's get to the heart of the matter. I would love to introduce you to a young man that just captured my heart. Welcome to Love Someone with Delilah featuring Tim Tebow. So you are now not just doing sports football, baseball, but you're doing movies. Yeah, and you just you and your brother just produced a movie. I got a little preview out. Thank you very much, flame my heart. But how much of the relationship between the two brothers and the movie, how much of that is your own life?
Speaker 2: I feel like I feel like there's definitely a part of it, and there's definitely a parallel because we were each other's biggest advocates and supporters and when he did something, I did it, and when I did something, he supported me. And and I think you'll see that in this movie. But you know, six years ago we read the script and our hearts were definitely impacted by it, and we wanted to be able to be a part of this film and help get this get this film to theaters because we wanted people to see it because a lot of times for us growing faith based films growing up, we're cheesy, and we wanted to make something that was real and authentic and real life and and you know, overcoming obstacles and and having faith not only in the highs when it's good, but in the lows, and and how we're all built for relationships and community and with God first and then with each other, and how no family's perfect, but how we can try really not perfect, no, but but there's a lot of families like that, and every family struggles and we and we have to learn to forgive and and and accept forgiveness as well, and you know, those are those are huge things and a big part of this movie.
Speaker 1: I loved what the character the nanny said to the brother who was struggling with the forgiveness with his dad, and she said that what he's doing is not okay, not excusing what he's doing, but you still have to forgive. Yeah, you still have to forgive him. It's forgivable. And I loved that. That was that was one of the my favorite lines in all movie.
Speaker 2: And you know, not everything is always acceptable, but it is forgivable because we've been greatly forgiven, therefore we should forgive. And I think that's just. It comes from the heart.
Speaker 1: I heard a quote one time, the hardest thing to ever do is accept an apology that was never given. O. You know, you wait for the apology and you wait for the apostogy, and then you realize the apology is not going to come. But I still got to forgive.
Speaker 3: That's right.
Speaker 2: That's hard, and and then you keep that bitterness inside and answer and it turns to hard. Bitterness is like drinking poison and thinking the other person's going to die.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just and it kills us.
Speaker 2: And unfortunately, too many times we hold on to things and hold on to bitterness when we need to learn to forgive, and we need to learn to ask God to help us forgive and so we can make those relationships right.
Speaker 1: For me, I didn't just hold on to it. It became my like, my personality, my my mantra, my my identity. Was feeling so victimized. And then I went to Africa and started working, and I came back and I went, what have I been complaining about? You know when when you feel so victimized and like this is unfair, and you know, my dad wasn't there for me, and blah blah blah, and then you go to Africa and you realize, wait a minute, Yeah, I'd had kept a roof over my house and food in my belly and in his own way loved me. We had problems later on, but really took very good care of his family. And then all of a sudden everything is in perspective.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We just finished this past weekend Knight to Shine, which is something our foundation does. It's a worldwide prom for people with special needs.
Speaker 1: And how many people did you have come to Night to Shine across the country.
Speaker 2: Actually across the world, twenty four countries. We had over two hundred thousand volunteers and over one hundred thousand kings and queens our guests with special needs, and.
Speaker 1: That is so amazing.
Speaker 2: But I share that because that also helps me keep perspective.
Speaker 3: You realize, you.
Speaker 2: Know so many of these, you know, our kings and queens are going through such tough times. Yeah, but the smile along their faces and the joy that they show and the light that they have is so incredible that.
Speaker 1: If anybody has not gone and search your organization, search your charity, and watch the videos and the pictures, they need to do that.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 1: I mean, you want to bawl your head off, but in such a good way. I probably spent before I when I heard I was going to get to meet you, probably well. Our family watched the movie together. But then when I started reading about the Night to Shine, because my niece actually sponsored one of these for her senior project, Lacey Luke put on a Night to Shine for the special needs kids in Corvallis, Oregon or filhawm with Oregon, and I started reading about it, and then I started looking at the pictures, and then there's videos everywhere that people have posted from around the world, and I don't know how many rolls of toilet paper I went through, just you know, the ugly cry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there was a lot of that for us this past weekend as we traveled from night to shine to night to shine. And you know, one of the videos we got back from Uganda was a boy walking down the red carpet and he falls and everyone helps him up, and we just couldn't stop crying. We couldn't even post it because we were crying. We had to stop. Yeah, And it was just so incredible. And then in Ecuador, we were wheeling and a girl on a bed and she can't move. She's face down on the bed and that's the way she has to lie. But she's on the bed and has wheels and they're spinning her on the dance floor on the bed and if you're not emotional watching this, of the time of her life.
Speaker 3: But she can't stand, she can't truly dance.
Speaker 1: But they danced her.
Speaker 2: The bed rolls and it spins, and so she's dancing, and it just puts into perspective and just what really matters. And you know, that's hard in society, because society tells us it's that it's about us, and it's about you know, these few things. It's about money, it's about fame, it's about power, and it's just not it's fleeting.
Speaker 3: And it's not real, sess.
Speaker 2: And it might feel like it for a time, but it's not true joy, and it will leave you with me.
Speaker 1: Today on this podcast Loves Someone with Delilah is the incredible, incredibly sweet Tim Tebow. We're just talking about what real joy means. Biggest joy in your life right now?
Speaker 3: Well, I just got engaged.
Speaker 1: Women's hearts are breaking across the world. Do you hear that congratulations?
Speaker 3: So much so?
Speaker 2: That congratulation that is really special?
Speaker 1: And did you ask the question? Can I ask?
Speaker 3: Of course?
Speaker 2: Yes, I had a bunch of surprises. I did it at my parents farm, where I spent so much I grew up and spent so much time and out by the lake and had it all planned with her favorite singer there to surprise her, a South African artist.
Speaker 3: Named Matthew Mole.
Speaker 2: And then I had her secretly flew in her family from South Africa and her friends and they all surprised.
Speaker 3: Her and it was just really special.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, And you pulled it off, and we pulled it thankfully, we pulled it off. No you had no clue.
Speaker 3: No one she had no clue. No one gave it away.
Speaker 2: Well, he's so nervous when you're trying to plan these surprises, and the best way to throw a surprise is fake another surprise. So we fake surprising my dad with a brand new truck. So me and her drove a brand new truck to my dad to surprise him. But that was just to keep her throwing a.
Speaker 1: Dude, that's a better fake than on the field. That is awesome. I hope that you are as blessed, blessed, blessed as as anyone can possibly be in marriage and family. May God grant you the desires of your heart.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 3: Thank you. It's very exciting time right now.
Speaker 1: Tim Tebow, thank you for what you do, and mostly thank you or sharing your love and your faith with so many. Please folks go see his new movie Run the Race. I had a sneak peek. I can promise you it will bless you. And also this little ps bring lots of Kleenex, lots of tissue. Once again, thank you to my sponsor, the Home Depot. This podcast would not be possible without your support. I'm Delilah reminding you to take some time out of your busy schedule to slow down and love someone