Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: The next thing I want to talk about is the escalation cause there's a I don't know. I think Matt always has strictly for live men, not for freshmen. You know, an escalation cause basically means that you you go and you see a property, and you put an offering on it, and in the event that someone outbids me, bids me the the the price will incrementally go up. What's the downside behind this? How do you know the owner is not just telling you that somebody else put an offer in just to raise your price? How do you know that it's not the owner's cousin or somebody else. So it kind of leaves it kind of leaves you in a in a vulnerable situation. But this is this is something that you would do if you just had to have this property and you're you know, you're willing to go, You're willing to go a little higher higher than then and it typically would sell for I've used it in my twenty plus years.
Speaker 4: I've used an escalation clause only one time.
Speaker 3: And the reason why I used an excallation clause was I already owned two buildings that went right next to each other, and I was trying to acquire a third, so I did not want a risk not getting that property. So at that point I put the escalation close up that I would pay ten thousand dollars more than any other offer. Actually I ended up paying about forty thousand dollars more. I ended up paying forty thousand dollars more for the property because they came back like three times talking about, oh yeah, we got another offer, and we got another offer, and YadA, YadA, YadA, Like could they have been pulling my chain?
Speaker 4: Yes, But on a on a million.
Speaker 3: Dollar property, forty thousand dollars is really not that big a big of a deal in your mortgage, and especially if it means having three properties in a row, which makes managing much much.
Speaker 4: Easier and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: So whenever, whenever you put an escalation clause, also keep in mind that you really need to have a tight, you know, a tight contract together and make sure that the offer you're clear on what you're willing to do, what you're not willing to do, what kind of prove needs to be be provided, you know, because it's just like one of the things you have to tell you have to include in the contract is that that the offer has to come from an agent and they have to listen who the agent is, right so so now so now it's just if somebody wants to play a game, it's just more lying that they have to do and more people that they have to get involved. And it also gives you more opportunity to to smell something funny if need be.
Speaker 4: All right, any questions on this one.
Speaker 5: There was a question in the chat, but I think you kind of answered it. Jay said, are you not obligated to disclose? Are they not obligated to disclose a higher bidder when it comes to escalation clause? But I guess it's something you could put in there, right, Yes.
Speaker 3: That's something like depending on how you write it, Like if you're off, you don't have to let the other buyers know that you have an escalation clause, but they have to let you know, depending on how you write.
Speaker 5: It, Jasmine and the chat says, so it's adding an escalation helpful and getting the contract given the risk.
Speaker 4: It is helpful.
Speaker 3: It makes it It does increase your your likelihood of getting the deal done because the buyer knows. To me, the seller knows that you're you're for real and you're you're definitely going to end up with it. It's just how much you're going to pay for it, you just don't know. So again, I would always I would only go with this strategy in the event that this is a must have property.
Speaker 5: For you, right, because it kind of locks you into having to pay this higher price.
Speaker 4: Right, it locks you in.
Speaker 3: And another way that you know you can get you can get a deal done is by the mentality of putting a larger down payment it down. So typically typically people put ten percent down, right, and whether you put ten percent down, twenty percent down, fifty percent down, or one hundred percent down, the deal does not close's not fund until it closes. So with that, With that being said, it doesn't really matter what how much.
Speaker 2: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member FDIC erners what's up? You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners. Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run, and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 6: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer. Speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com, slash po d kat z thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod kat z thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 4: To put down.
Speaker 3: Because you're still at the same You're at the same risk now to the seller. The more money you put down it shows your conviction to the deal. It shows that you are that you have the financial wherewithals to get the deal done, and that you're super serious. You know, the downside is that you use access to your money for no reason. So if the deal, if the deal required, let's say, if ten percent down on a million dollar deal, one hundred thousand dollars would have gotten the deal done. I mean, is the basic that people typically do that you say I'm going to put you know, twenty five percent, which is two hundred and fifty thousand dollars.
Speaker 4: That's the extra hundred and fifty thousand dollars that you don't have for sixty days.
Speaker 3: While this is all coming to fruition again, all of these are things that must be taken into consideration, and you really have to know what you're doing to make sure this is what you want to do.
Speaker 4: All right, Any questions on this one, I.
Speaker 5: Don't see any hands.
Speaker 4: No, all right, cool.
Speaker 3: Next thing you want to do if you want to get your if you want to get your accept your offer accepted, make the deal as clean as possible. Minimize your contingencies, Like you don't want to say stuff like oh, I'm going to buy this house if I sell my house and depending on what the bank says, and I have to get my contractor in here first to see what he what he has to say about this wall over here, because I'm you know, so I's not trying to hear all that. You know, what a seller wants to hear is, hey, I want to buy this house hundred fifty thousand, just that the other close the very day, blah blah blah, as clean as clean as possible, you know. The one of the one of the things that you could do is wave more contingencies to make your you know, to make it more attracted to the seller. You know, no concessions, No, well, I need you to do this for me at closing and give me some money back.
Speaker 4: And that the more complicated.
Speaker 3: And convoluted, the more complicated and convoluted your deal is, the better it is for me. And when I come in there and be like, yo, here's my money. Let's let's get this popped in thirty days.
Speaker 4: From now we close.
Speaker 3: And another thing eat this is this is something that you got to keep in the back of your mind even though you wave, you wave like your like mortgage contingency or inspection contingency or financing contingencies. Have to keep in the back of your mind that that makes sure that this will appraise like like it it's a game of it. This is a game like that of chess. Like you say, oh, I'm willing to take this whether it appraises or not. That's what you say, But you have to look at the property and know know what you're talking about and know that I'm only saying that because I know it's going to a praise. You know, you have to say that I'm willing to take this property with no inspection contingency. That must mean that you have some general knowledge of structural and buildings that you can walk through the house and see that there's nothing there's nothing major that you're that might be sneaking up on you like you like you say you're taking it with no contingencies, But before you say there are no there you're taking it with no contingencies, make sure that you wouldn't have an issue with that in the first place.
Speaker 4: Did I say that properly? Do you get what I'm saying?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Makes sense? Like, don't waive it if that's not something that you know about. If you needed pfessonel in there to actually inspect the place, and don't say you're cool without having an inspection, because you don't really know what you're getting into. Is that's how I understand.
Speaker 3: It exactly, And the same thing is like, oh, oh no, it doesn't matter if the appraises are not. So the only time you say it doesn't matter if the praises are not if you know it's worth five hundred and you're getting it for four hundred, so you know you don't want to. You make it sound like you're giving them something, but you're not really giving them anything.
Speaker 5: Right, Okay, that makes sense because you know for sure, based on your homework or whatever, that it's going to praise higher. So that doesn't need to be a contingency and an added hurdle that might look like an added hurdle in the contract.
Speaker 4: I guess exactly.
Speaker 6: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy? Just use Indeed. Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to indeed dot com slash pod katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need