Speaker 1: It's time for the Bobby Bones post show.
Speaker 2: Here's your host, Bobby Bone.
Speaker 1: I do typo a lot. You guys know that, right, Yes, I can see sometimes, but there's only one person that's access to my Instagram to a m local time. It's Morgan number one. I can always telling I mess something up because I'll go I didn't write that. But if you just something correct or it's a typo that's been fixed, M I do. Even in my text, I don't even I don't even look at them. I just write and send. So sometimes it's just gibberish.
Speaker 3: And then sometimes I have to read him like four times and I'm like, I still don't understand it. Is it mean not understanding or did he do it?
Speaker 1: I no punctuation, probably typos, I don't. I literally don't look at it before I push send. I write it out, boom push it does that? Who proof reads their text?
Speaker 4: I don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess proof read your text? No, so yeah you do. Probably. Well, here's a really long game. That's cheers, okay, dipping sauce draft results come on in first place, Amy really with ketchup, honey Mustard and salsa. Thirty three percent a big number. That's Wow. In second place with twenty three percent Eddie Yeah, Ranch, Ranch, Marin Air and Karoake. Third place lunch Box, Fascue Sauce, Chick fil A Sauce, and Hummus. I'm surprised the Hummus kept him in there. That's pretty good lunch And in uh fourth place, Morgan Papa John's Taco Bill, Hot Sauce sour Cream for the first time ever. I finished last Wow, what you have? Well, this is what I was told by some listeners. Everybody didn't have Waterburger, So I picked Waburger based on what I knew and that it's only in a certain select And people are like, I don't care about Waterburger anything, So that probably got me. But you know what, I stood by what I loved. Yeah, you said you were staying true to yourself. I think I remember that, and if I go down, stay true to myself. I'm not happy I went down, but at least I'll be as being true. You're a winner two yourself. I'm still a loser to myself, but I'd rather be a loser to myself being true to be a loser to myself being not true. You go. I lost with mustard. Yeah, you're the only one that really loves me. Caso and Waterburger Spicy catchup. So I'm out of the next one. Ray Mundo is in. But those are the dipping sauce draft results and Amy, you are the big winner there.
Speaker 5: What do you get?
Speaker 1: Well, you get a point? There you go. I don't know. That's pretty much it. Are we are we on are we vide, We're on the and I saw a lot of this happening. This is kind of inside baseball, like in the weeds, but I think it's interesting. The first ever AI radio host hit the air waves in organ last week was he and I made it as a girl, and I made a joke about exactly where you said. He that's weird how I heard he and that.
Speaker 3: I don't think I did, but A I maybe I was thinking, like, his name is Ai.
Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 6: Hey?
Speaker 1: I So the first AI radio host hit the air waves in Oregon. Its name is AI Ashley. It's based on a real host named Ashley Elzinga. It's not really replacing her. She's getting paid the same, the station says. She's just sharing hosting duties with it so she can quote multitask like never before. Here is the real Ashley making the announcement, quickly followed by the AI version saying the exact same thing.
Speaker 7: Today, I go from just Ashley to AI Ashley. So let's see how close the AI sounds to me. Today, I go from just Ashley to AI Ashley. Let's see how close the AI sounds to me.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So I remember about a year ago they came to me and said, Hey, if you'll just sit in a room and record all these sounds, we can do all your commercials, AI, anything you say. And I did not do it, And I guess I just didn't do it because I didn't want them to feel like they could just make me do any commercial. Oh and if I'm on life support, they're doing weed commercials and whiskey and whatever. Yeah, it's just all anarchy. But I didn't do it, and I don't hate it. And I'll read you some more of the story than i'll kind of give you my thoughts on it. AI Ashley is again based on the real host. They're at KBFF Live. Ninety five point five FM radio GPT went viral in March for a bought that can play songs, take calls, and read the news. They claimed it wouldn't be stealing people's jobs, and the good news is, for now that's still the case. The bad news is being used to squeeze even more work. Blah blah lah. They're doing a hybrid situation where traditional Ashley will host some of the segments, then AI Ashley, who sounds almost identical, will host others. When AI Ashley is on the real Ashley, we're doing things like community out reach, maanded social media work. Job is in jeopardy. The question is that it's from entrepreneur again. I saw a lot of radio people talking about this. So here's the thing with technology. If you don't embrace that, you're going to get crushed by it.
Speaker 4: Period.
Speaker 1: It doesn't matter if it's this, if it's streaming music, the downloads before that, CDs before that, tape for that, records before that. You could just keep going and it matter the end. You can't fight technology, electric cars, hybrids, gas, Fred Flinstone's feet right, We had all these things as we walked backward. If you fight it, you're going to lose. You've got to figure out a way to embrace it. Now, just in our world, the bad guy has been voice tracking before AI was voice tracking where and I did it when I was nineteen twenty twenty one. It's kind of how I got my first I was noticed first because I would be in Little Rock and I was voice tracking some of Austin at night. I never been to Austin. I was voice tracking some stations in Austin at night, meaning they'd send me the log and I just hit record. I'd be like, heybody, kiss FM, We're gonna play the fifty cent the club. Appreciate you. Got back to next. But I also I could send to like ten stations at once at night, and so I was doing all these night stations went to Austin, was doing that from Austin even bigger before I got an offer to go somewhere else. I end up standing doing mornings right. So forever this industry has been like, no more voice tracking, it's cutting jobs. Before that, it was syndication what we do now, But it's much more elevated than that now because obviously we're on but now there's podcasts and all that. Before that was syndication. But you can go from syndication to voice tracking to AI and it's just the same. It's just gonna keep going, so again you can find it and yell at it, or you can find a way to make it advantageous that it works for you. Now will it replace some people? Probably, just like voice tracking did. But what's great is and they're like, oh, oh, she's doing other work though, But what if that's how you keep your job. Like you're good enough to be on the air, and they can do that, so you're good enough to have your AI and then you're also able to go and do social media, maybe run a different radio station at the same time. What if that's how you keep your job, being able to do even more things. It's not just radio where people have to put on six hats.
Speaker 4: It's everywhere now.
Speaker 1: And if you can't do multiple things and you're not gonna really be allowed to do the one thing that you really care about. So I have no problem with them. And eventually, I say, eventually, part of me has already been suggested to be replaced by AI. And I didn't hate it. I just thought I want to give them that power. It wasn't like, oh, they're taking jobs. If you can not just radio, it doesn't matter where you are, what business, We'll just use radio. But you can put this in sales, you can put this in whatever. Sorry, I have been six so it's hard to talk.
Speaker 4: If you.
Speaker 1: Can make more money for your company, then they are paying you. You have some safety. Not always. You might touch somebody in a bad way and they have to cut you. You might say something racist, they have to cut you. But for the most part, if your value is more than they're paying you, or there is a fair then you're fine. And I tell people in radio all the time, if you just think you're gonna be a DJ and keep a job, they got computers that can do that. Think about factory like, think about assembly lines. You don't think people were pissed when old Ford came in with deal, here's what we're gonna do. We're gonna do the old set. Oh, these jobs are going it's always going to happen. It's always happened, and it's going to keep happening in every way possible. It's up to you to figure out how to use it in the best way possible because you can't stop it. And if you're whining about it, that's just wasted energy. One, it ain't gonna help you, and two people don't want to hear you whine. I'm not just talking about Radio'm talking about in general. Now it is the wild West, and some rules will have to be made.
Speaker 3: Right in radio, like can I own my voice?
Speaker 1: Like I Well, So, what's gonna happen, is my opinion, It's not just voices. It's going to be AI and even visual. The new Netflix Jonas Awful deals with this as well a little bit or they'll be able to. And they did it with John Goodman and the Righteous Gymstones. They aied him a little bit to look younger because they they did a scene back. Oh well yeah, Princess Leah too. So what it is, for the most part, what I think is gonna happen is you have license to your image, much like you can license your image out to sell it to a mustard company. I love mustard. You guys don't apparently buy my butt. You need to vote for me. But let's say I wanted I'm like, you know what, I will take that offer to be a spokesperson for a mustard company. You can put a picture of me on your mustard bottle. I got a license. They gotta pay pay me for that image. This, my belief, is the same thing is gonna happen with voices. Visuals don't be able to make us moving too eventually, you know, like the deep fake but even better. So this station is getting a lot of crap for doing this. Why it's gonna happen with or without you? You can you can figure ou way to use it for you and get on board, or you can just cry like everybody else and have to find a new line of work where they're probably gonna find AI for that too, whatever that is. Would it just be the best if everybody got had a job and you know, everybody's local, Yeah, of course it will be. That would be the best. But that's not happening. So you can spend your effort winding about how it used to be and how it should be, or you can take your effort and try to figure it out how you can actually use it to your advantage. Very much and very much so, Box, very much in the weeds. But that's the deal. Any thoughts on that.
Speaker 8: They have AI mom, yet they do it's called a nanny and it's real life. No, no, no, no, no, I mean, because I'm thinking of times where you're like, shoot, I know I read this in the book, how my response is supposed to be this, and it'll be.
Speaker 1: Really Paul, I'm sure you could talk to it, like.
Speaker 8: I just need to be Yeah, maybe hit it up because it's like sometimes I run in my room and I pull up a book, I read it, or I pull up like something a podcast or something where I heard and I listen to exactly what to do from parenting efforts, and I leave my room and I go back and I'm like, okay, I'm ready to talk.
Speaker 1: Now. What you could do too is what I think is going to happen. Where just me guessing, but Apple's putting out there Apple goggles, glasses, VR that expensive one. It'll be thirty half hundred bucks at first, but remember a VCR was ten thousand dollars at first two the first VCR. Oh, it was very expensive. Yeah, because there were't a lot of people that had them. I may have been exaggerating that. After Mike can find me the actual price. But think about and movie used to be like one hundred bucks even in the eighties because you're buying a movie. The more they're out, the more they fix it, the cheaper it'll be just like anything else. Uh, they were like two thousand bucks it's max so ten. But my point was they were very expensive. Hold on, I've been drinking so much water because yeah, I drink my voices dog spit so it's not coming so uh, they'll code it. But my point is, Amy Ai mom. What this leads me to is we'll not have to go to work for the most part in the very very far future year I don't know the year, so you'll be you'll be able to put these goggles on, and let's say we all had the same the capabilities sound exactly the same that we sound out right with their microphones in the same room. Technology allows it pretty good. Now, sometimes I'll work from the house, sometimes I'll be on the road, but imagine we all can still sound great. But we all put the goggles on, and we were sitting in the same room with each other, all of our avatars, but we look exactly the same, just slightly cartoon, but everything's exactly the same. Why would you waste time and money getting there buying gas the twenty minutes on the road when you get to put your goggles on, you right here in the office with the microphones and do the exact same thing. I'm all about that you wouldn't.
Speaker 4: Oh man, so I could retire to my island. It's still work.
Speaker 1: But you'd have to pay for that island with some retirement that you don't have. That's theme.
Speaker 4: But if we're still working, I could still be living there.
Speaker 1: So you're gonna get a mortgage on an island. Yeah, different than retiring on an island.
Speaker 4: But then that's working towards my retirement.
Speaker 1: I like where you're going. I don't want to see what happening like that for you because you did down payment on an island.
Speaker 4: Well, it's on my car. How much you think the.
Speaker 1: Car we get right now? Honestly five hundred bucks?
Speaker 4: Well I think celebrity like you'd sign it. Yeah, so you.
Speaker 9: Could get a little bit more like we could do an auction. Yeah, someoneould buy it for a thousand.
Speaker 1: Okay, not really a down payment for an island. But but my point is virtual mom, where I'm getting to put your goggles on or they're in their goggles and you come in there, you know, to say, your son Stevenson is playing a game. Virtual mom, it could be you, it could be virtual version of you walks in and says, hey, this is what we're gonna do. Blah blah blah. Yeah, I think that's there.
Speaker 3: It looks like when they're in trouble Amy, you're like, put your helmet on. I got to talk to you helme, and then AI Amy takes over.
Speaker 1: Or put your helmet then like that, put your helmet on. It's time for punishment from AI mom. There you go, and then am mom shows.
Speaker 4: Up and then they're not at you.
Speaker 1: It's hard to predict what hasn't happened yet because.
Speaker 5: They bond with AI mom more.
Speaker 1: They love AI mom more. Think of technology in the past hundred years. It has moved so much faster than the past forty thousand years. Like we're looking at and if it continues to go at that rate, that's eventually we're gonna kill the world. It's really gonna be a dead world, but we'll be long gone. Who cares. What's been your favorite Internet?
Speaker 4: About?
Speaker 1: What technology? Yeah? Internet phone's awesome, like the phone that has music, be able to connect. I have trouble in my real I'm an awkward person. I have social I won't say anxiety, but my guess my social anxiety is I don't want to bother people and I feel like I'm always out of place. I found a microphone in order to be able to almost put on a superhero cape and disguise. And although it is really me, I would never just show up in a room be like, here's all my opinions everybody. I just that's just not who I am. It's the real version of me. But it's here where I do this, and that's how I feel good. And your question was what was your question? That's your favorite technology? So far? I have trouble connecting with people in real life. And although it's not real life, the phone, the text, the DM, the internet allows me to have an introductory part of that which makes it a lot easier in real life. So I would say.
Speaker 8: That when when we're in the goggles coming to work.
Speaker 1: You know, I don't know the answers to this. I'm just giving you my ideas because I don't like, Oh you don't. I don't know, but I will let you know what I think. Go ahead, I know.
Speaker 8: I'm just like, well, do we get to pick out our outfit?
Speaker 1: Sure, it's your avatar. You've be the same thing every day.
Speaker 8: You can change it in the skins.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you can buy skins, they'll probably be some metaverse. They'll probably be some that are free, and they'll probably be some that you can earn. It's like video games, and they'll probably be something you get to like you're paid work, you're paid money from work, and you can take part of it and buy a shirt. Okay, that's why, depending on you talk to you, some people are buying like the property in the metaverse metaverse probably yeah, yeah, I think we're a bit away from that. I make that Apple does because what Apple does we follow at least so far in the past twenty five years. So these goggles are going to be very interesting. The introductory part of this was the VR that we had. We played golf and Oculus and you can talk to people in other countries and go to this room and hang out and chill.
Speaker 8: And I only visited jail, but you could do that.
Speaker 1: Lots of learning, and we only look at it as oh, this is crazy, psychotic and you can have sex on those things. Really, I mean I didn't. I don't want to always feel like I'm meeting viruses. If that's the case, that's probably the same. I'm telling you not a big porn guy anyway, I've nenvert looked at porn in ten years because I don't want to get a virus. I don't even think about it if I even want to look at porn because I don't want to get a virus. It ain't worth it to me. So but yeah you can if you can get little things and see it and do it, and do the thing while you're doing the thing. So it's all gonna be there. That's what's gonna happen. There's a version of that we're already doing when we work. And let's say I'm on FaceTime, Yeah, and I'm in a different country like I was for a month, right, Like that's not really me, but that's me on a camera and going broop zup. Bizarre. Though it's cool, that's scary and if you don't embrace it, it will run you over and you'll be old man yelling at the clouds.
Speaker 8: I wonder what you do about because they say like human interaction is so important.
Speaker 1: I believe it's overrated. Hey, what's that trophy you have in there, scoopasy? Is that an NBA trophy? What the heck is that looks like it's a globe?
Speaker 4: The globe?
Speaker 1: Oh, do you guys see where I think it looks like a yeah, I got it, and what was your question?
Speaker 8: Oh, just human interaction and like you know, at least they say that it's it's important for us to have that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's I'm sure we have to prioritize it more.
Speaker 8: Than But it's like if you think you're mentally, if you think you're you've just been in a room with all your friends and like we're all talking, then does your brain get that same?
Speaker 1: Probably not exactly, like it's like hugging, but it's also probably like nutrients, Like we eat a lot of process food and our body needs and yeah, I'm.
Speaker 8: Just saying if you see yourself hug in the if we hug in the in the goggles, our brain probably not.
Speaker 1: Okay, not the same, probably a little bit.
Speaker 8: No, it's that visualization stuff, like it's like.
Speaker 1: Okay, can we stop this from taking over? Hit stop? No?
Speaker 3: No, No, I mean I mean like, like, can we as a society be like, hey, we're not like we say we all don't want to do this VR stuff, right, like say, ninety percent of the world says no, but all the rich business owners are like, no, this is gonna save us billions of dollars, like, this is what we're gonna do.
Speaker 1: How can we stop that? Like if the majority says, ah, we don't want to do.
Speaker 3: It, you can kind of stop technology from taking over, right, but we all have to be on it.
Speaker 1: My answer would be that if you have major corporations saying we're going to do it, you're always gonna have people that want to have a great job working for a major corporation, Yeah, to provide for their families. Correct efficiency affects how they get us well. But also, Eddie, you're acting like this is all bad thing. This is all a bad thing, whenever it's been done to us for one hundred years and some of the things that has been done to us. You enjoy being on the cell phone all look at all the ray all the lasers in the air, how all the chemera. But you're on your you have to take a digital detok what you genuinely do.
Speaker 3: There's definitely advance you know, like every age is.
Speaker 1: The technology allows us to connect like never before. Correct medicine. But that's where we are because we've accepted that. Though we could have you know, a die at twenty two like ol cave Man, And how do we push back against all technology. But where do we stop though? And we had the had we kill ourselves. There's almost like a top tier group of smart people we trust that don't always make right decisions, but they do it. It's definitely not us. We listen to the smart tier that make those decisions and allow things to get to us, but we want them to make the decisions for us. But they're educated in their fields. Again, they're not the ones that are always right, but they are the ones that have studied and would know the most. You can look at medicine and you and see all the mistakes that they've made. Heck, when the x ray was invented, the dude's wife died who invented the x ray? Because she kept having a done or he didn't what to do, he killed her. That's messed up, seriously. Yeah, I believe so, Mike. He may want to google that.
Speaker 9: I mean, that's sort of like the guy that admitted the flipped over the segue and filled down a cliff.
Speaker 4: Believe.
Speaker 1: I have the bits up, Mike. I don't know if it's the same screen or not. It could be, but I'll have have ups to bits the x ray guy, I think he killed his wife, not on purpose, but they had to text test the X ray and he figured it out and he did it. But imagine if that there were some mistakes made but for there to be correct things that we all now use every day to make sure that we're healthy and livelonger. But we have to trust people that have been educated in their fields supremely to make the right decisions. It's like the FDA, the FAA, it's airplanes, it's all these and they do mess up and there are wrong things that happen, but we have to trust and make the right decision most of the time. Yeah, or we replace them, but we never know. And is it the illuminati? I don't talk about Luminadi. That's crazy, dude.
Speaker 8: A group of top AI researchers, engineers, and CEOs have issued a new warning about that happened about six months ago, says May thirtieth. Well, I don't know, maybe they just talked about it, but yeah, the twenty two word. They shortened it like a statement, like saying, basically, AI should be a global priority, but it's not.
Speaker 1: And here's why. And I heard, I listened, and I watched a lot of this listener podcasts on it. So what's happened is they've said, hey, it's going too fast, it's going to get out of control. When we're going to really screw up. The problem is we're not. No one's really going to stop. We can say we're stopping, but if we stop, imagine the AI war planes that Russia or China or whomever our adversaries are in twenty years and forty years, and what they're going to have if we stop. Because everybody's not going to stop, so.
Speaker 3: Everybody it just feels weird to just keep going because everyone's moving, even though we know it's probably not.
Speaker 1: Good for the same conversation about the Internet though, Yeah, because it was scary and it was darblay, and there was a lot of bad stuff to it. But the Internet has also made the world I feel generally a better place sixty five to thirty five for business, No, for connection social media, and yeah, there are bad parts to it, but without social media, I don't know that because my wife and I met in person through a friend. But how do you think I would message her first? No, I didn't her number. It was it's crazy, you could have gotten it, but I didn't. And that wasn't The thought wasn't even hey, I want to get her number, but I'm because you depend on the internet. No, no, no, it wasn't even that because we didn't talk forever after I met her. We talked for months, and so I was going back out there, and it was like, let me say, if I can find her found on social media, messaged her, So I'm coming back out to LA to do this thing or you.
Speaker 4: That was it.
Speaker 1: But there's a lot of great the social media that comes from it, but there's also a lot of bad. But I do feel like it's more valuable than not.
Speaker 8: Even before all the ways to connect with the Internet. Like I remember my brother saying he always felt kind of like a loner in high school, like he's very different and he's very like really good at computers and very smart, and he just didn't feel like he related to a lot of people or that anybody thought like him. And then he's like when the Internet came around and I was able to chat with people, I was like, Oh, he's like, there's other people in the world that are like me, He's like, and I felt less alone.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wonder how these people find each other, Like Ferbies like, before the Internet, how do they find ferbies?
Speaker 1: Furries? Furbies are the things you buy the store. Furies are people who have second animal costumes.
Speaker 4: Okay, Like how before the Internet did they find each other? And like like it's.
Speaker 1: Just so interested me magazines But again the phone, oh was the internet? Before the internet was the internet? You can just call people and talk.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 1: The guy who had been in the X ray did kill his wife his name. The discovery of the technology was created by scientists Wilhelm Conrad Rottingen with X ray machines he worked in Germany eighteen ninety five, and by testing it on his wife because that was his person, she ended up dying from it. But again he wasn't doing it to kill her. Of course he was doing it and she wasn't doing it thinking it was going to be bad. He discovered X rays in eighteen ninety five accidentally, while testing whether cathode rays could pass through glass. His cathode tube was discovered in heavy black paper, so he was surprised when an incandescent green light nevertheless escaped and projected onto a nearby screen. Through experimentation, he found that the mysterious light would pass through most substances but leave shadows of solid objects. Because he did not know what the rays were, he called them X, meaning unknown, which we just assigned to it, so it's an X ray. He then found out that X rays would pass through human tissue, rendering the bones and tissue beneath visible. News of his discovery spread worldwide, and within a year, doctors in Europe and the United States were issuing X rays to locate gunshots, bone fractures, kidney stones, swallowed objects. And that's pretty I didn't know that the X thing was that, like, they didn't have a name for it. He didn't know what it was.
Speaker 8: I feel like it should be named after the wife because she sacrificed her life for us.
Speaker 1: Totally. Yeah, I'm trying to find more about that. Maybe her name is Ray hilarious, Probably not, Okay, here we go. Wife Anna Bertha Ludwig was the first person to experience X ray in her body in December twenty second, eighteen ninety five. Scientific literature does not usually pay much attention to her, who offered her left hand to make the X ray, and which one can see the metacarpals and bones on the hand, including a ring. She was born and she died after forty seven years of marriage. She let mean, fine, you go for let me know if you see the part about the way he put in his house. Annah had great affection for her husband and that he needed space, but uh, pregnant. I don't brother, I might have made this part up, but I don't think I did. I usually don't make that stuff up. She had delicate health and suffered from nephridic camp cramps. She died almost radiation. Radiation got her. It's radiation, so even if it wasn't just the X ray, obviously when they walk out of the room, it's not because that one X ray is going to affect them, but it's over and over again, and that's what she got. And she ended up dying form radiation.
Speaker 5: I mean, when you get one, you have to put on like a she did.
Speaker 1: She did live a long ish life, but when she died, and then he died too of bowel cancer, which they think was because of the radiation as well.
Speaker 5: So what was her name?
Speaker 1: Her name was Big Bertha, Anna Bertha Ludwig. There shuld be more birthas I I think that birth. The name was hilarious and the driver Big Bertha would come out Bertha. Bernie's pretty cool birth.
Speaker 8: I feel like doctors and you start saying, hey, you need to go get out birth. You need to get Anna Bertha done.
Speaker 1: Well, she didn't create the ray, but it's in honor. You need to go and do the Bertha, which is sit in there and have it done to you in the Bertha chair. I think that would be it more than having the birth chair. Yeah, Okay, enough about that. There's a couple more things. A lawyer who specialized in helping big lottery winners protect their money was just sent us to thirteen years in prison for fraud. He stole one hundred million dollars with his client's winnings and lost more than forty million in a Ponzi scheme. We wonder why I can't trust people. See a woman who woke up in a coffin at a wake. She woke up breathing. They were like, oh god, but then she died again. Oh oh what rollicos are right? Exactly. A naval music in California had to be evacuated last Wednesday after someone accidentally donated a live grenade. I like to turn this in for donation. Okay, what is a lady. Godly no injuries were reported. Oh my god, that's crazy. A Tampa woman left her mansion and her inheritance to seven cats.
Speaker 4: Why do people waste their wealth?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 1: Are the cats just gonna live there and someone's gonna take care of them, feed them, love a great life until they die. Wow, that's awesome. That's crazy. Four thousand foot home in South Tampa. The house is worth about three million bucks. It's substantial enough to cover the cats food and medical and grooming bills forever. They're young and only five years old.
Speaker 5: Wow, they could live in.
Speaker 1: The person spends forty thousand dollars to put into their bank account by mistake and is now in trouble. How do you spend forty person spends forty thousand dollars put into their bank account by mistake. Oh got it, they spent. There's no comma, so he got me. You check your bank balance? Forty thousand bucks? What do you do spend? No, that's not draw it not if it's not yours, and then we're out.
Speaker 5: It's there.
Speaker 1: Ask for the money? What are you telling much about?
Speaker 4: Money gone? Sorry?
Speaker 1: Time for prisons?
Speaker 4: Hey, what you do? You would draw it? And then closure? Bank account moved another bank, can't get it.
Speaker 1: Your name change you, I did any move in another country? Leave your family? Hey, money gone?
Speaker 4: Sorry you move banks, they can't get you.
Speaker 1: That's not true.
Speaker 5: You give upfe you know who did it?
Speaker 1: Yes, they do, Okay. The person who was supposed to get their money, they didn't get it. And the bank went to go and see, like where is it, and they found that the account they'd actually put it in only had five thousand dollars left in it. Police say it's a civil matter, but the account was thirty five thousand dollars overdrawn the bank and so it's all on like, you can't take that. You can't do that. They'll lose six ft python a bathroom. Ah, what what's wrong? My spot's at walling the toilet.
Speaker 7: Oh.
Speaker 1: He looked up from some of the toilet and saw I was six foot long, twenty two pounds snake slithering above in the shower. Probably came out of the toilet. There was on a curtain rod.
Speaker 3: That's one of my that's definitely my new that's a fear, fear, that's his long fear. No, no, no, no, I'm talking about specifically in the toilet.
Speaker 4: That's everywhere anywhere.
Speaker 3: But can you imagine sitting down to take it down and then what well you can never do in the b and then bite.
Speaker 1: Oh it bite you like your testicles? Well sure, or the I think you would look in the toilet though, before you sit down the tube and it just comes out the pipe. I hear you.
Speaker 4: That makes me want to get in and get out, but I don't.
Speaker 1: I stay in, Yeah, for a long time.
Speaker 4: Hello, thirty thirty five minutes. Forty good, it's not a bad forty minutes.
Speaker 1: Okay, let me see if I anything else I want to do because I the interview have to do it in like two hours. I'm already losing my voice.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna do it for you.
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a new Bobby cast up today with Morgan Evans. First time we've really talked to Morgan anybody long form since he's been on the show since the divorce. But like sitting down, he hasn't done. He's done like some tour press, but it's like quick phone stuff. But we sat for an hour and talked about all the stuff you think we talked about. I'm good friends with Morgan, so it's awesome and hard. He went through it. I mean, he went through it in a bad, bad way and so and I just felt so I felt so bad for him. Uh you know Morgan from Kiss Somebody, Sometimes you gotta kiss. This is over for you, if you remember correctly, I just saw somebody posted on TikTok and played like the raw version of Somebody's Phone. And so he talked about how he felt the first time. First of all, just after he performed that song, because it was kind of a last minute deal for to figure out.
Speaker 6: It was such a real human moment for me on stage, and I think as someone that's kind of always kind of been more private, that moment felt.
Speaker 4: Like a freeing kind of moment.
Speaker 6: And I didn't realize it at the time until maybe after the show that like there was a weight lift off my shoulders because I was like, oh cool, I just was able to say that, do that.
Speaker 4: It was an amazing show too.
Speaker 6: It was amazing feeling the crowds insane and went to bed gone cool. I think we did the big show in my career, and I feel really happy about it.
Speaker 1: And then the song goes viral and my deal was I felt bad. I never said this to him because in reality. I know it wasn't me because my egos into play here. But I think had I not taken that song and started slamm it on the radio and not gotten a copy of it from their board and the constant there because I wasn't, I just got it and I started playing it, I just don't think it would have Possibly it wouldn't have been as big of an issue. And so I never asked them this in person, and we hang out. We were together last week, but I asked him, hey, me for playing them on the radio. You know here, as rough.
Speaker 6: A time that was and as heart of a time that that song came out of the way that I've related to people and connected with people through that song in the last six seven months has been an extremely positive experience. And I noticed as soon as that happened, when you guys played the song and people started to find out about it, I think my first reaction was, God, I wish I played that.
Speaker 4: In the right key.
Speaker 1: We talk about it, you can go listen to it. We talk about a lot of stuff there. I won't play clips of here, but he is a good dude. He's a plus dude for sure. And Morgan Evans on this week's Bobby Cast. Go search for the Bobby Cast wherever you listen to your podcast, and that is it again. Tickets to my comedically inspirational show go on. So Friday, I did put a link up to the b Team sign up list, which I don't really send much out a few times a year. I don't sell your information. Usually I only send like ticket links or things that we're doing, and I just want to say I don't sell your information. So it's up on Twitter page at mister Bobby Bones. If you want to know the pre cell link or come out tomorrow and I'll send it in an email to everybody who's who is on the list. So other than that, I think we're good. Anything else, everybody good, Amy, sorry about your boys.
Speaker 8: It's good, I mean thank you. I'm sorry about your cough. I mean I have the cough too. But your voice.
Speaker 1: I think I thought a festival and it'd be so fun. Man, say you can hear me take this take this hit?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I'm just supposed to stick it in your mouth. M M. I'm not no having Inhalo, but I always thought I see.
Speaker 1: Here man, you do different in Halos. Different things?
Speaker 4: Are you having inhalo.
Speaker 1: This doctor told me that this or my doctor said that this medicine here, if you put it in your mouth, because it is, there's like medicine in it, like cam. I don't know what the medicine is, but it gets stuck on the roof of your mouth. It doesn't go into your throat if you put in your mouth or if you breathe it in it actually you breathe it into your interesting whole wet eddie. I don't know, bro. Hey, one last thing real quick, ray, you saw an advertisement on Twitter and you want to know if it's fake or not. Was that the airplane thing?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: So it said that you can get a private jet for fourteen five hundred dollars, and so I wanted to know from you.
Speaker 1: You're but what do you mean?
Speaker 2: Well, you have country music stars, you know they fly private jets. I mean you've probably flown some private jets. Is that jet you're protected me here? Yes, I do fly private a light go ahead. Is that an accurate price or was that fake news? I don't understand what the what the deal said.
Speaker 4: Like you can buy the whole plane?
Speaker 2: No, so you me and like some of our boys, could we fly to Vegas for fourteen thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: No, zero percent, really not from here to Vegas, especially if there's a difference in a jet and like a what'll call it a prop plane king a yeah, like a king with the propellers, which some of them are really nice. And I mean, I'll just be honest with you, guys. I used to use Luke Brian's a lot, and so that's what he had, and so I would go fly to shows around and they're actually cool too. But a jet is a whole different monster. They go faster, they don't have the propellers on them, and if you wanted to go to Vegas on a jet is probably going to be like three and a half hour flight, it's probably going to cost you about depending on the jet, we'll just say a small jet seventy five hundred bucks an hour.
Speaker 4: So yeah, right, cancel our weekend plans.
Speaker 1: You're probably looking at twenty to Vegas.
Speaker 4: But then if we make that money back in Vegas, I.
Speaker 1: Mean you could do sick and then fly there and back. You probably fly there and back there and back thirty three or thirty four thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: What's the ad for a one way trip or both, like.
Speaker 1: One way flights as low as fourteen to five. I'm looking at the ad. Well, yeah, you could fly from here to Knoxville. Yeah yeah, and you pay five grand.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's a lot of money to fly and you put twenty buddies on it.
Speaker 1: You can't put twenty buddies on it. You can put people on a jet seven, eight, possibly nine if you want to put one on the bathroom.
Speaker 3: See you guys sit in the bath the whole time.
Speaker 1: You can get up while it's up. But there has it's almost like a boat where there's got to be life jackets. Yeah, for the amount of people on there, there has to be seat belt in seats. Now, these planes that are on succession, Matt, I a been to one of those where they have room for I take that back. Disney flew me on one from a couple of times, especially from after I won the show over to Good Morning America. Big one, real big, but still not that big. But it had different sections with couches and it probably fit thirteen and it was big.
Speaker 9: Wow, Because I'm saying, if it's five thousand and we get nine people, it's only five hundred and fifty five each.
Speaker 1: But you're going to Knoxville, broy but and then you got to get but then the planes got to get back right.
Speaker 4: But if you're taking it, I mean, but you're.
Speaker 1: Not going to leave the plane. You can't leave the plane there. The plane's got to get back to its home. So you got to pay, probably not the exact amount, but you got to pay for it to get back his way.
Speaker 2: And if you're not on it, what so you can't just one way and then get your own route home.
Speaker 1: But what's the plane going to do?
Speaker 2: How are you responsible for the plane getting it back to its destiny?
Speaker 9: When I fly, when I fly to Atlanta on Southwest, it doesn't it doesn't make me.
Speaker 3: Pay plants coming back saying, which is probably how this company is able to do it for that cheap. Maybe they booked someone coming from Knoxville and Nashville or Knoxville to somewhere else, so they kind of book it that way.
Speaker 1: And I've also seen where he like, oh, it just depends. I'm sure there are a lot of parts on this.
Speaker 4: Maybe I have to get the plane back. But if you want.
Speaker 1: To plane right, if you call man, Here's how the chartering system works. Let's say Eddie has a jet. Yes, I do, and he doesn't. But let's say he does. I like this game, and Eddie uses the jet. I go fishing, fishing quite frequently, I wish, but he knows he's not going to use it this whole week. He will then the company that usually takes care of his jet and use it. They will go, Hey, it's allowed to be because you want to keep kind of keep it up in the air and keep it moving. And so I can go and charter Eddie's jet. I gotta pay for gas, I gotta pay, the pilot's got to pay the fef. It's there for you guys, though, so you take it. And let's say I take Eddie's jet and I fly Eddie's jet to let's go to Iowa. Now I can't just leave Eddie's jet because somebody's gotta pay for it to get back. So either I take it there and then come back with it, or if I'm just going to stay in Iowa, I got to pay a slightly lesser fee usually to get the jet back to its home, which is Eddie's hangar.
Speaker 4: But what if you're going to stay there in Iowa for three days? Will the jet stay there and wait for will.
Speaker 1: But you got to pay the pilots each day that they stay and your money, right, thousand bucks a day usually, excuse me, if you have to, you.
Speaker 4: Can pay a thousand dollars a day to sit and do nothing.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, hold on, I'll do that. It's the jet or you got to go be a pilot. It's the jet. It's the pilot's on call the whole time in case you want to go home. It's you got to pay their rate anywhere.
Speaker 5: You're away from their family. Like was Ben ever your pilot?
Speaker 1: We almost crashed one time except it's awesome, butod he's saved us and we probably didn't almost crash because I just felt its Eddie and I were flying too. I never actually talked about this openly, but Eddie and I were because I always felt so douchey. And if you ever see people post pictures of private plane, you know they don't fly in private planes that often. I really only do it for work, and you'll never see a posting picture. I literally don't think I've ever posted a picture from private plane and my history of my life because I don't think people need to know. Because I don't need to like brag, especially wh people like going purposely standard front of one. I'm always like that, that's cringe, but I get it. Unless it's first time, it's cool. Anyway, Moving off that, Eddie and I were flying down to the Gulf Coast to do a show at a casino in Mississippi and your reverse husband was flying us. Then he's the pilot I trust more than anybody, Like, let's go, let's do some dog fighting while we're up there, Like that's how much I trust him. So we were up and we hit some turbulence. That was It was the hardest turbley I think I've ever hit. Was he a fighter pilot?
Speaker 4: Ayming?
Speaker 1: No, what kind of pilot was he? You should not say anything else? Okay, No, I mean, wow, he's a very skilled pilot. Well, I felt like I was in the war. Yeah, we hit some turbulence and the whole plane. You know how you get jumped on a trampoline, somebody jumps and it bounces, or they like do the opposite where they like try to reverse jump you or whatever it's called. It felt like we had been jumped, but boom, and the plane had some crazy turbulence and it wasn't even that scared because I knew he was up there flying and he looked back and he goes thumbs up. Oh he's having al And I was like, we're good, baby, let's go.
Speaker 8: So I forgot that. I couldn't remember it because it wasn't that was when you were he wasn't. So I didn't know if you ever flew with him, because he was flying looks and I didn't know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, many got him actually a bunch of times. Really yeah, I would ask for him, but if he could, we would, and sometimes we can race this up there, people get up beside him. He didn't take that crowd lightly. We'd race him in their Yeah, that actually never happened anyway, for anybody listening, that never happened. I didn't rev it. No you can't, and I'd always, but i'd always We went to watch Arkansas in the College World Series once and Ben just went with us as a friend. It was me. I forget who else it was Ben, it was Klay Travis, it was somebody. I was like, let's go, right, did you go in that trouble with us? Okay? But I would always ask Ben, like the questions about airplanes. We're going to crash is let's explained turbulence to me scientifically, but how I can understand it. Talk to me about how you're feeling. And I'm still scared to death the flying. But he makes you feel pretty good about it because he knows everything and would study. He even studied the route, I guess in case he had to take over something I don't know. He's like, well, if I have to, I can go up there and we can do We're fine. And I'm like, you don't have to.
Speaker 5: Just he wasn't flying that day, but he still studied the route.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh make you miss him?
Speaker 8: No, No, but I mean that's what he was very I used to always think that way too. I mean even when he was in the Air Force, like he was studying all the time, same plane, like all the different he'd be going through different scenarios and buttons, and I'm like, you fly this plane all the time, you're good, and he was like, no, in an emergency situation.
Speaker 1: You never know what every situations did different, whether different can hit you patterns. You talked about that having to go around stuff. Yeah, so Ray, I would say you could probably, but it's not as simple as that right is to answer your question. And it sounds like you gotta have a membership. Definitely a thing too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you canna do it? Ray Well, I was singing for the birthday. But it's more than that. Article said you could charter a plane. What do you want to go for your birthday? I mean I was just randomly saying, you can get a plane for fourteen thousand. I gotta get my buddies together and we gotta do this. It kind of depends how far you're going to, and Billy.
Speaker 1: Would probably do the lion's share.
Speaker 4: I could definitely pull it off.
Speaker 1: Fourteen thousand. You probably go less than three hours away Chicago, go to Florida, go to like a Orlando. Billy would drop a kye.
Speaker 4: I even think twice.
Speaker 1: Okay, though, what's that gonna spend? What's that gonna get?
Speaker 4: Well, I mean that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I just need about ten other buddies. It could all do fit ten on a plane.
Speaker 4: Oh not even the bigger ones.
Speaker 1: That's gonna more than thousand.
Speaker 3: It's stupid, Bill, stupid feeling has got to fork out a little more.
Speaker 1: Of it's stupid. Have It's stupid and it's not worth it unless you got it. I only started doing it because we had to get places and back for work. And it's also a business expense a lot of times.
Speaker 4: Oh business expense. You said, we're gonna write that down, all right.
Speaker 1: See, do you know how business expenses work?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you write them off.
Speaker 1: But do you know what that means?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you charge.
Speaker 1: No, that's not charging it back. Charging it back would be just if you're expensing the company. If you're like going to write it off, that's different. Okay. As an expense, you could write it off, but not expense the company. Writing it off, you don't get all your money back, but don't get any You can't expense the company. You should listen. You cannot expend your company the company for a plane unless they say to you directly, we have to have you get to this place, get the plane, charge it and expense us back. Well, they do have me get places, right, and it's great because they probably send you on Southwest like they do me.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes I get on Spirit.
Speaker 1: You picked that usually when we go with the company, we fly Southwest. That's fine.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so wait, way, so what do you mean it's a business expense? Tell me more.
Speaker 1: You could write it off if it's a business expense. Now, you can't really write off anything from the radio show because you're not an but you're not really you I know you might, but you're not supposed to because we're not independent contractors. Hmm, you're not. So you can expense things back to the company, but you really can't write things off here because you're not an independent contractor. Okay that what about.
Speaker 8: With it's like a ten ninety nine for like acting or something that.
Speaker 1: He could but you got to set that up.
Speaker 9: Well, yeah, like what if I'm going down to Florida to practice my acting?
Speaker 1: You got to prove that's the real reason you went down there. If they do come and do any sort of he shows your fight, you know you can go to another state to practice you're acting if there's something there. For example, I'm not talk about private, I'm ting anything. When I went to Hawaii to finish my book, second book fail until you don't, I flew southwest to Hawaii. But I could write that off because I literally went there by myself to write my book and I did. I wrote it off. And when you write it off, you don't get money back. Usually what happens is it's about half, and it's about let's say that the hall of the flights down there and hotels three thousand dollars all in. Whenever I have to pay my taxes the end of New York, I always have to pay taxes at this point, and at three thousand, I write it off. It's about fifteen hundred. I don't have to pay anymore because it's about half. Fifteen hundred comes off the bill more than they pay me back for it. So when someone's even like hating on somebody for doing something for tax reasons for a charity, it's the stupidest thing ever heard, because you're not getting all even if you're doing it just for that reason one you helping people. In two, you're still out money that you're never getting back because you don't get one hundred percent back. Usually it's half. All this stuff I had to learn in the last five years. Yeah, and and I could be off a little on some things, but I always am all right, that's it. I don't expect to it on that.
Speaker 4: That's a good little lesson right there.
Speaker 1: It's hard to write off specific stuff for this job. So what are you writing down lunch I'm just drawing little circles. Oh, it did look like you were taking notes. I like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, little dots, Yeah, a little dots, like, oh god, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: It just tells me memories.
Speaker 5: Lunchbox.
Speaker 8: If you do, you ever do any recording of anything at your house is like a.
Speaker 5: Sore losers.
Speaker 1: Losers is definitely different because you're not getting a regular paycheck.
Speaker 8: Right. Well, I'm just saying, like I measured my well, the space that I use in my house for podcasting, and my guest bathroom, the square footage of that. You can write that off, written off because guests use the guests back.
Speaker 1: Mostly over a period of years.
Speaker 4: Excuse me, you can write off your bathroom.
Speaker 5: You're if you have guests coming over to.
Speaker 4: That people over all the time, but you're in the backyard.
Speaker 1: That's if you're doing it for work. For example, I'll give you another thing. I wrote off ten of my golf simulator because we doably probably use it ten percent of the time to shoot videos in front of the screens, like I use it as a work. That's a background. That's amazing. I didn't shoot I didn't do fifty or ninety or anything. Stupid so and we probably do it more than ten percent, but I don't want to.
Speaker 4: Be conservative about it. So if I go golf with any golf.
Speaker 1: Is never an expense anymore. That's changed, Like four or five years ago, really didn't even write off golf to have a business golf trip with a customer from the company anymore. Golf is no longer an expense. That's messed up because I've asked that too. I always ask before I do it because I don't want to get trouble.
Speaker 4: Man, I am going to start looking at the square footage.
Speaker 1: In my bathroom, but that's not what it is. You have to prove that people come to your house to use that bathroom because of something happening at work. Now, how do you prove that if they come and do an audit. You guys have people going into your bathroom. You need at least even videos pooping of different people. That's why they do it.
Speaker 9: And I'm gonna I'm gonna have to set up a microphone in my spare bedroom to write that off.
Speaker 1: That's not exactly how it works. But good luck, buddy.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, Amy does it that he does a show from her house.
Speaker 1: That's a good point, though.
Speaker 3: If he needs to record anything, pick the biggest room you have in your house.
Speaker 1: Proved that that room is used.
Speaker 5: It's actually one of the smallest.
Speaker 4: That was a bad mistake on your part.
Speaker 1: No, no, because then she'd have a whole room just dedicate exactly to a microphone that she can only work out of.
Speaker 8: Right, I take people to the tiniest room, be like, this is my living room because of the big living room, that's an office.
Speaker 1: Okay, we've gone way too long. That's put us in a fun place, and we kept going. Ray do you feel good?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm thinking iHeart Vegas. Baby, we take a jet or are you gonna do spirit lunch?
Speaker 4: I'd like to do a jet man, that'd be really cool.
Speaker 1: The whole show.
Speaker 4: I do it.
Speaker 1: Okay, eight of us at forty grand? Does everybody want to pay five thousand dollars? No, exactly, we're going.
Speaker 4: Night one.
Speaker 1: I've never won that. Why would I think I would do it this time?
Speaker 9: Well, you got to step up, man, I thought those bingies room.
Speaker 1: May I remind you of the scratch off lottery experiment?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, please, this is different differ ods, different odds.
Speaker 1: We're done, right? How long was this forty cool? All right, we're out. Thank you guys, have a great day. Goodbye.