Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 3: I want to shift a little bit because we live in the world. Like you said, we can shape our narrative. We can control some of the media that we put out. I know you have a production company, Yeah, and we live in the world where content is king. And you did something very legendary, dow one thing most people even know about when you started acquiring content during the so called Brightest strike that you know, we just came out of.
Speaker 4: Can you talk about the legendary move that you made.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so so Doctor King and I and I love my sister to death because she we we ride together on all these deals and kind of like, how y'all do it? You know, y'all show up the tag team. And so Doctor King and I went and bought uh P three Media. And P three Media is another we own brand. You know, we take black investor dollars and we go buy a white production company.
Speaker 6: We stay on brand. This particular brand was there, you go so.
Speaker 5: Right, So we went and bought it because one we realized, I mean, what are you really buying?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 5: You want to buy the privilege, the access that comes in Hollywood for those companies that we don't normally have.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 5: So, this was a company that had the number one show on Netflix the year before. This is a company that created the show Suits, which you know, Suits is not what the most streams show in the history of streaming at this point, So you know, Gene Klein, who created Suits, is now our content director. So we went and bought the best of the best team to say, all right, we need a vehicle by which we can promote the stories of our community and get the access.
Speaker 6: And the key for us was.
Speaker 5: This company was being incubated inside of Disney. So what it did for us immediately is when you acquired this company, now we got real estate inside of Disney on Burbank in LA right there next to Marvel, across the hall from Pixar.
Speaker 6: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So that is the access we wanted to create so that we can get past where we think Hollywood is broken.
Speaker 6: Hollywoods broken right now, if you're a content.
Speaker 5: Creator and you've got the greatest idea of the greatest story, by the time you get in front of the right people, somebody and some middleman, some agent has Nicolin dimes, you do we only probably got five or ten percent left of your IP because you had to give away everything just to get in front of somebody. Right, we're cutting through all of that. We have access directly to the buyers. Disney has a first look, so Disney gets to take a look at it. So if your content comes to us, we can get it to Disney. First, Netflix is on deck, Second HBO Showtime. We cut out all the middle people and just bring us to content so we can preserve those economics to make it so black creatives can create more wealth without having to go through all the middle people.
Speaker 4: Can I just do a follow up real quick?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just do so your acquire suits, right, you guys own it.
Speaker 3: This is a show that was on from two thousand and nine to I believe twenty nineteen. As you start to see it climb in its viewership, what do you like? What's the how do you guys feeling as you're seeing this happen?
Speaker 6: Well, you know, it was funny.
Speaker 5: I talked to Gen gen Klin, who works as Gen Now we're having this conversation in Miami a couple of weeks ago. And you know, for the people that created it originally, they thought it was iconic then, and I think now the big shock is people don't even know how old this show is.
Speaker 6: People watch it on Netflix and.
Speaker 5: The only reason people start figuring out how old it is when they pull out the blackberries.
Speaker 6: They're like, oh damn, what does a BlackBerry? You know?
Speaker 5: Until you see don't use a cell phone from two thousand and seven. You know, people don't know, so it's been exciting. It's been great for us because you know, we're able to tell people. Look, the talent they created, this iconic show is right here and now they're at you know, a company with black leadership and the world is wide open right now. Man, like we sent. I tell content creators all the time if you have good ideas, we're doing really good.
Speaker 3: This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding of professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to safe plan and calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association member fdic.
Speaker 4: Erners What's Up?
Speaker 3: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like. The checkout is fast, the receipts are digital, tipping is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds odds are they're using Square. We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless. Whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one of our merch partners, Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on what matters most ready. To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl. Don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christine nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens.
Speaker 5: Have been arrested.
Speaker 1: If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally. Do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security.
Speaker 6: Great right now.
Speaker 5: If you look at the because of the strike, we've also leaned in there. We always take a chaos and create an opportunity. Because of the strike, there's no new content, so we've really dug into getting great stories that we can turn into docu saries and I'm gonna put one on here at EYL that y'all can check out, so y'all get to hear it here first, even though we got a Vanity Fair article coming out on the next couple weeks.
Speaker 6: We just finished.
Speaker 5: We just finished the first unscripted television show filmed at the White House around the release of American hostages around the world, and most of them are people of color.
Speaker 6: So we took you take.
Speaker 5: What happened with Brittany Grinder, and you say, you know, for the people that wanted Brittany out, you didn't understand why it was taking so long. You didn't understand why people were meeting with her spouse. And then when she did get out, the other side was like, oh, you did too much. You traded her for Satan. Now it's all that and so that whole dynamic we felt the American people needed to understand. So we just finished the show called The Return that's going to come out this winner, where we go into the Venezuelan prisons to record behind the scenes, to record at the White House, behind the scenes, to record their families, behind the scenes, to see the release of people of color from foreign prisons that people don't know about. This is the power of telling a narrative because there's black and brown people in foreign prisons right now who never bounce the ball, who have no fame or notoriety, that the world needs to know about because their freedom is it should be just as paramount as anybody else. These are the stories that I think doctor King and I know need to be told, and we think it can have a profound impact on the conversation around black lives in a holistic sense, because you know, who's worthy of coming home is a serious conversation, and I think the American people need to understand what goes into that.
Speaker 7: In the media space, we've seen a dramatic fall of Netflix last year. Spotify is going through issues. Podcasts are in trouble, Disney's in trouble. What's broken in American media? From a business model perspective, I'm interested to hear it. Hear Take Suits is one of my favorite shows all time. But what do you see in a business model that's broken that you feel you can fix And what's your outlook on media companies in the publicly trading market, like over the next five or six years.
Speaker 5: You know, in my mind, man, we're looking at the negotiated death of Cable. That's what you really are seeing. They're negotiating the end of Cable because at the end of the day, these streaming services, obviously Netflix is.
Speaker 6: Okay, but the rest of them are second win.
Speaker 5: And when they're negotiating with actors and they're negotiating with writers, and they know that they want a percentage of the revenue. As an impossible conversation if you're not making money to share with somebody a negative, right, But the problem is, if you're Disney, theoretically, why do you want people to have to go through Charter, are At and T to get to you when you can sell your apps straight up. So right now, and you saw this happen in the Midwest, Disney jumped off of Charter. They jumped off for two months just to prove a point, and so Charter took off ABC, Disney off of all of its platforms. The point is for streaming to make money, they're going to have to get the middleman out of the way, and that's Cable. So what you're seeing right now is the negotiated death of Cable, so that Cable will go back to doing what they're originally we're doing, which is provide a phone service or internet service, but get cable out of the content industry. So if you're looking at you know, I thought it's on publicly traded companies, the cable's going to take to hit the O.
Speaker 6: These companies are going to bounce back. But if you're.
Speaker 5: Looking at the internet services that have been making money off of cable, old school, that day is coming to an end quickly.
Speaker 1: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J. Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the United States Secretary of Homeland Security. Under President Trump, attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fined nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported. You will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now. You could be allowed to return legal do what's right. Leave now. Under President Trump, America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,