Speaker 1: It's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. I just the bits.
Speaker 2: What's up, everybody? Welcome to the best Bits. It is post CMA week free Thanksgiving.
Speaker 3: I am exhausted. I'm basically doing a.
Speaker 2: Giant yon right now and hopefully it's not coming through your speakers are making you yon. Also, It's been an exciting but exhausting week.
Speaker 3: I hope everybody's getting ready for the holidays. Be sure to check out Part one and part three this weekend. Mike d joined me.
Speaker 2: We talked all things CMA and are behind the scenes stories.
Speaker 3: On part one and part three.
Speaker 2: We answered listener questions including if Mike has gotten to hang with posting anymore since he's doing country music stuff, how he met his wife, our current days in country music.
Speaker 3: So yeah, go check all of that out if.
Speaker 2: You have some extra time this weekend before we get into the holidays. But the reason you're here is to catch up on the Bobby Bone Show, so let's get into it. A bonus bit this week I am adding in here Tuesday reviewesday. I know everybody loves to be able to write those down, so hopefully listening on the podcast, you're at home and you can write these down otherwise I do always post them on the website Bobbybones dot com.
Speaker 4: Tuesday Reviews Day, We'll go quick. If you don't have one, let me know you gotta go full review no soft reviews. On Tuesday Reviews Day, I finished Penguin Season one on Max. Don't think it's a superhero show.
Speaker 5: It is not.
Speaker 4: It's based off of the Penguin In Batman there aren't. It's like a I never watch what's that gangster showrs? I never watched the Pranos, but it's probably like that with just like slightly more fiction.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's a Mavia shows. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: It's four and a half out of five. Okay, And can I say who the villain the girl is?
Speaker 5: Is that that's not.
Speaker 4: Spoiling right now, that's in the synopsis. Can I mention how I Met your mother without being a spoiler And that's been a while, so the mom and how I met your mother? Who's like the softest, sweetest actress, and she ends up being the mom. She's one of the villains. She's so good and at first when she's on you're like, she can't be the villain. I only know her for doing like super soft sweet roll. She's so, she's so good, four and a half out of five her feet.
Speaker 6: Well, it's good.
Speaker 4: So I'm giving the Penguin that we finished season one of From. Okay, From is a show we watch on Amazon, and From is a show where they're in this town. They don't they can't get out of this town, and at night, these little these monsters come out of the woods and it's about that, but it's not about that.
Speaker 5: It's right.
Speaker 4: We finished season one. It's four and a half out of five rocks with symbols on it. Okay, it's a At first, it's a bit horror esque where I'm like, I don't like scary stuff, I'm I gonna do this, and then there's a bit of a shift and it's.
Speaker 5: More than just that their layers. I love it.
Speaker 4: We finished season one and we're like, we gotta go to season two. So two four and a half's from on Amazon, Penguin on Max, Great Amy.
Speaker 7: Go Hot, Frosty, Save your Time.
Speaker 8: I don't know what it is.
Speaker 7: It's a movie on Netflix. It's a Christmas one and you know these are gonna be cheesy, so I expect them to be kind of bad, but also amazing at the same time, it's.
Speaker 4: Called hot Frosty.
Speaker 3: This one's just that.
Speaker 7: Okay, So I don't know.
Speaker 5: I give it just no holiday harmony.
Speaker 7: Just because it's Christmas time. Ish, I'll give it two out of five scarves.
Speaker 4: Okay, let's go around. If you have nothing, you can say nothing, Eddie.
Speaker 9: I have The Return of the King, The Fall and Rise of Elvis Presley. It's a documentary brand new on Netflix.
Speaker 5: Awesome.
Speaker 4: It's so even though we've seen everyth about Hell, you've.
Speaker 9: Seen everything about Elvis, but this is about the nineteen sixty eight comeback special. You know where he's on the black leather So apparently is that why? No, no, no, this is so the colonel who was his manager ruined his career, signed him to a twenty seven movie deal and like killed his career. So he had stopped singing. This special is what brought Elvis back.
Speaker 5: Had no idea.
Speaker 9: I'm the biggest Elvis fan. I didn't know who that like this story. Conan O'Brien's on there, Billy Corgan for the Smashing Pumpkins, Bruce Springsteen narrating this stuff. It's so cool to see this stuff. Review man, I say five out of five diamonds.
Speaker 2: Okay, Morgan, Yeah, I watched Borderlands. I watched it for free on like my Southwest flight.
Speaker 5: It was just on Newvie or TV show.
Speaker 3: It's a new movie with.
Speaker 2: Kate Blanchett and it's about this other worldly she's a bounty hunter and she has to travel between planets.
Speaker 5: A man say no more that.
Speaker 2: I know, and that's It was very suicide squad esque misfits. This whole thing all the makings of a movie I would love.
Speaker 3: And it was good.
Speaker 2: It was cheesy enough that I liked it, but it wasn't something that I would watch again.
Speaker 4: Good movie playing, good good plane movie, great plane movie.
Speaker 3: Not something I don't know that I'd spend my Friday night watching per se Man.
Speaker 4: There's a movie latch Walk two years. I'm gonnak up this movie. I'm gonna watch.
Speaker 3: Oh, two out of five keys got it.
Speaker 4: Two out of five keys got it.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I got an. I'll just have a soft review.
Speaker 4: And there's no soft review, No soft reviews on Tuesday, reviews to day, okay, no podcast or anything in watch talks. No man, it's a busy week movie, Mike.
Speaker 5: I'm with you.
Speaker 11: I also finished the Penguin Season one. I give it four point five out of five. One of the best shows right here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't wan people to think it's all Batmany. I hoped it was Batmany and then it ends up not being Batmany. Like for me, I love Batman, so I get that from it too. But if you don't watch Batman or whatsoever, you can still love this show. I'm gonna try. Hey, Ray, if something, do we have a bleep button? Like, if something happens, can you drop me? Okay, just be careful because I'm gonna go and try to find this movie and I'm gonna get on TikTok and then if I mess up.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, TikTok's risky, it'd be bad.
Speaker 12: Okay.
Speaker 4: I'm watching this guy Brandon talks movies, and I get fed this because I like all movie Mike stuff on TikTok, So then I get fed all the other movie stuff. Okay, hold on, I'm fast forwarding.
Speaker 5: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, predestination is what it's called on Netflix.
Speaker 6: Okay, here we go.
Speaker 5: I haven't seen streaming this weekend. You can fast forward TikTok.
Speaker 4: You just hold your hands thumb on it and double times in.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: That's Oh yeah, this came out like I don't know when TikTok invented.
Speaker 6: That's huge.
Speaker 5: I'm glad I didn't know this.
Speaker 4: I know, I'm just kidding.
Speaker 7: Ok, I'm just like, dang, I gotta watch the whole thing again.
Speaker 4: It's called predestination with Oh you can also open and drag your finger on the bottom and take it back to that.
Speaker 5: Oh I didn't know that either, guys. I was just making a joke. But now did We watched the whole thing and then we wait to watch again.
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 13: No, time travel movies, you have to check out Predestination. This film follows a temporal agent who travels through time in order to stop criminals from committing their crimes in the future, but this time he has to hunt down his nemesis in order to stop them from committing a crime that will end millions of lives.
Speaker 6: Again.
Speaker 8: If you are a fan of mind bending.
Speaker 13: Time travel movies, this one is definitely one to watch.
Speaker 4: I'm in see, I haven't even seen that one, but I saw that. Mike, what's your TikTok? Mike distra follow Mike because Mike does lots of move reviews and like stuff. So then I like those and I get fed all his bull crab and then I'm like, oh, I like this stuff too. I'm gonna go watch Predestination this weekend probably, Okay, I gotta get in a couple more goals.
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm about to vomit. Okay, okay, okay, I'm not really feeling great today either. I'll be honest with you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Eddie believes he is going to be an international star. He got the chance to record a national commercial, but in Spanish, so he recorded it.
Speaker 3: It was a whole situation.
Speaker 2: He needed Mike D's help because Eddie doesn't actually speak fluent Spanish. He understands the language because his parents always talked to him not but he doesn't speak it. So reading a commercial in Spanish was a little challenging.
Speaker 3: And you're gonna hear all of that go down right now.
Speaker 1: Number seven.
Speaker 4: They asked Eddie to do a Spanish language commercial nationally.
Speaker 5: This could be a huge and Eddie, his name is Edward, that's my real name.
Speaker 4: But the guy's Mexicans all get up, except he's not I mean he is. He's not even the most Mexican Wan on our show.
Speaker 9: No, probably Mexican than I am, but I'm still Mexican. Like we're not taking that away from that's who I am.
Speaker 7: But it's just are you fluent in Spanish?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: No, no, no? Okay?
Speaker 9: And can I say the way I grew up, my parents would would talk to me in Spanish and I would reply in English, so I understand Spanish speaking.
Speaker 5: It is tough.
Speaker 4: And you didn't say that to them, right, You just said no, I can do it.
Speaker 5: No, I said, let me have it.
Speaker 4: That's that's how the world operates.
Speaker 5: And then I freaked out when I read the script.
Speaker 4: That's okay, oh we recorded, Yeah, what was the script? Like?
Speaker 5: What are you trying to sell? I don't know, honestly, dude, are you kidding?
Speaker 7: I thought that you could understand it.
Speaker 9: It's toyota, right, like I don't know if I'm selling cars, but I don't know what the commercial spot is saying.
Speaker 5: Like, and you did it. It's just all words.
Speaker 9: I took every word and I said, okay, I know how to say that word. I know how to say that word, but collectively, I don't know what the spot's.
Speaker 4: Saying, have you completed it and sent it off?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 4: Okay, Mike, you know Spanish better than Eddie does. You often have to help Eddie with the Spanish. Did you help me with this?
Speaker 5: I did help me with okayet tutor, there was tough man. What was he helping you with?
Speaker 4: Just?
Speaker 5: What does that word mean?
Speaker 4: What about how to say it?
Speaker 5: Yeah? How do you pronounce that word?
Speaker 10: So basically Mike did the commercial?
Speaker 5: No, no, because he didn't say he didn't he put his hand on your button? Did your mouth?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 8: He did that.
Speaker 4: Okay, So this is Eddie's commercial for Toyota just general.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay, here we go.
Speaker 9: El portente motor I force V six This pnibula and La toyota tundra significant muchos cost as different, This pacha's persona's different. This paratu vesino significant? Are you that gonsunvo hobby the esculturamoto sierra paratus primos latundra significant, moncho mintra sultan al mara, paratus co pilotos latundra significant, unbiake extra comolo parati la toyota tundra significat wow as the latundra and two concescinnardio toyota looka or visit that toyota punto com oi toyota by almost unto and toyota punto com toyota com that's dot com that I knew.
Speaker 5: Mike, How does that sound to you? It sounds pretty good.
Speaker 4: Does it sound like he is his natural language of Spanish? No, it doesn't know, it doesn't.
Speaker 5: I don't know. It sounds like he's reading.
Speaker 7: But that's okay, even the person that is fluent in Spanish reading commerci.
Speaker 6: Just do have it?
Speaker 8: Do you have the script?
Speaker 5: I have the script? Do you want to sent them? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Just would you be fluent enough to read it?
Speaker 6: I think so?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 4: And I because again wait wait wait wait wait no I don't I don't take the commercial right, Let's play a song. I want to come back. I want to here Mike read it. I thought it was good, but I didn't know anything was going on.
Speaker 10: It's not like a party. Who yeah, I will say.
Speaker 4: Like.
Speaker 11: The thing that stands out is when he has to switch back into English. And commercials do that in Spanish. They do that because there are certain words that don't translate, or the brand wants a certain a certain way. So I think that part sounds a little weird. I think it's gonna sound weird no matter who says it.
Speaker 9: Okay, that messes with your head when you go from Spanish to English words.
Speaker 5: That's a pig lie.
Speaker 7: But also was that one just like straight read? Or did you pause between words and then tighten it up?
Speaker 5: Oh? No, I did every line separately. Oh, I got it and I edited it. Uh song, We'll come back nicely.
Speaker 4: Now Mike is going to read the commercial that Eddie read in Spanish. Hey, Ray, would you give me a little bit of Eddies again?
Speaker 9: And potent the motor I Force V six and La toyota tundra significant mucho course evident.
Speaker 4: This but it sounds great to me because I don't know Spanish. I know very little because all my friends when I was in Texas, all you guys are in Mexican on New Spanish. I had to learn a little bit when talking crap about me. But I know any of that stuff we didn't say. Now, you didn't talk about selling a car, So Mike was kind of Eddie's Spanish tutor.
Speaker 5: Mike, how would you have read that commercial? And we read it? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Give me like the first fifteen seconds.
Speaker 5: Motor I force we this.
Speaker 11: Significant muchas Costa is even in this, but much when that's the efend in this.
Speaker 5: That's so believable.
Speaker 4: I don't even know what he's saying really with yours, I could kind of tell there's a little like English accent.
Speaker 5: Was it because you know me?
Speaker 4: Probably okay, but probably not that I'd just been nice.
Speaker 11: I think just his tone maybe, And there's some words that he just has like a little off. But I think you'd be winning back and fix that.
Speaker 5: It'd be great. Can you fix it? Yeah? If this thing goes international, do you get paid a bunch of course?
Speaker 9: Man, Oh my god, I mean this is this game changer, like life change, like mortgage, I mean international mortgage.
Speaker 10: Okay, Yeah, well good luck?
Speaker 5: Did Mike you did a good job, though, dude, you stay away from my spot.
Speaker 4: They both sound I feel like Eddie did sound a little more American.
Speaker 9: I mean, I think I even said words wrong, Like even going back listening, I'm like, I need to change that word like significa.
Speaker 5: That sounds weird.
Speaker 11: How would you say that, Mike significae?
Speaker 5: In the recordings?
Speaker 9: Fint I think you might have did it a little different and I'm trying to talk like significa, you know what I mean, like trying too hard.
Speaker 11: Maybe maybe he just works a little bit on the back and forth to make it not sound as drastic or cheesy.
Speaker 4: It's like when there's a British actor or actress and they're trying to do an American accent. Every once in a while you hear the British come out of them and you're like, there's no way they're American. That's like this, Like yeah, it's like that right there.
Speaker 8: Okay, good luck.
Speaker 5: We're ruing for you to thank you man.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number two.
Speaker 3: We had parmeally in our studio.
Speaker 2: Not only did we talk all of their number one hits and some stories behind them, but also their new song and why it was inspired by this horrible thing that happened on their tour US back in twenty ten. Crazy story, and I'm so glad all of them are okay today and able to not only do music but put out a song that was inspired by.
Speaker 3: This for them.
Speaker 1: Number six, there we go on the Bobby Bones Show now formally boys.
Speaker 4: It is good to see you if you don't mind I'd like to walk through some number ones. I have a point I'm gonna make here the first Let's go back to twenty thirteen, right, Moondo, what'd you play, Carolina?
Speaker 6: What do you think?
Speaker 4: Give me a story about what you think about that song when it was written or like the success.
Speaker 8: Of it so much when our parents came and we got our number one's plaques and everybody from our families to witness that, uh, you know, for the first time, kind of their validation of supporting us through the years, and yeah, getting to present those.
Speaker 4: All right, Just the way with Blanco, Brown hit that one twenty nineteen.
Speaker 15: Matt we were off in California and he decided to go right and we had a day off.
Speaker 5: I'm like, we're going out, We're going to the bar. You're going to write with some people. He came back with this song. I heard it for the first time.
Speaker 6: I was like, Wow, this is amazing.
Speaker 5: This is gonna be big.
Speaker 15: We didn't have Blanco yet, but that I knew it was gonna be a big song.
Speaker 4: Question about that, because I hear the song and I'm like, man, catchy, super catchy hook hook's grade? Do you ever think that though it doesn't become a big song. Are you like this song's gonna be a Jakins? We never get to hear those stories. We're like, it's gonna be awesome, and then it really doesn't.
Speaker 15: That was two years later also, so the song sat there. Yeah, he got Blanco on it. It made magic, but it just sounded like I hid.
Speaker 8: But dear your question. Absolutely. I mean we've swung in this before.
Speaker 6: We've had a million of those.
Speaker 4: I would think that about every song. I'd be like, oh, by the Mansion, there was maybe a lot of.
Speaker 8: Money learn lesson about that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh yeah, But then what would happen is I would be scared to ever feel that way again after I was wrong like nine times in a row. So if you still are able to get it, like that must mean what is it? Scott's always right, He's our go to.
Speaker 16: Guy when it comes to picking songs. He knows which ones will be his. He's what are you five for five?
Speaker 6: Uh? Three for three? Maybe four for four?
Speaker 4: But then it gets risky because and again now and now they put claim something.
Speaker 8: In passing too much pressure.
Speaker 7: Now do you have you ever had the one where it's like kind of the opposite you're like, cause, this song sucks, but I guess we're gonna put it out and then it does awesome.
Speaker 6: Question, Well, what a great problem to have.
Speaker 8: I don't know about that.
Speaker 16: I think the thing well, I mean when we would put out Close Your Eyes that we didn't really like that song.
Speaker 4: We didn't as a single or in general.
Speaker 8: We just didn't think much of it. It just sounded like a song that sounded like a hit, and it sounded like something that was familiar. So we were just like, you think about it, and then all of a sudden it goes up and like goes top five and it's like, whoa.
Speaker 5: We didn't.
Speaker 8: We didn't realize it was that catchy, you know, So who.
Speaker 4: Then recommended to you? And then do you trust them more than next time?
Speaker 8: That was a lob of John down over from the label. He sent us a song and I heard it and I was like, man, it kind of sounds like a couple of things I've heard and I don't know where I've heard it. And he's like, that's exactly why you should cut it, That's what he said. And I said, yeah, sounds familiar, and I was like that's great.
Speaker 4: Yeah, was that one of the right ones, like, yeah, he's like nine for nine records, getting better as we're going.
Speaker 5: They would love this. There's a lot of pressure here. Now, let's do Ray give me take my name.
Speaker 16: I remember playing this song for some radio people. We were down in Florida, and they listened to the song, and I love the song. I thought that they should be way more excited about this song than they were. And I was watching everybody listen to it, and I was like, there's something wrong with this song. Something's wrong with it. And I was like, it's too long. It's too long. So I immediately went in the hotel room started chopping up the song, editing the song, got it down to like two minutes and forty seconds or whatever, and then boom, it was answer your question.
Speaker 8: This was the one. Yeah, this is the one. I think we all kind of slept on and didn't realize how massive, and it ends up being the biggest one.
Speaker 5: We felt like that was thirteen minutes long. You fell asleep.
Speaker 10: None of us knew how big this.
Speaker 12: Song was gonna be.
Speaker 8: I don't think anybody in the whole I can't.
Speaker 4: Remit it is there a moment and it could be any of the songs and I'm I'm gonna save this? Is there a moment question? But let's do a Girl in Mind play this ray.
Speaker 17: My favorite thing about this song is the day we shot the video for it. We shot it on the roof of a high rise building right here in downtown Nashville, and little known fact, Matt is terrified. He's scared of heights, and they put him on top of this building, right on the edge, with drones flying around and getting all this footage and I felt scared for you.
Speaker 6: I wasn't enough as high as you. But that's my memory of Girl in Mine.
Speaker 4: When is that threshold moment when you go okay, we feel pretty good about it too?
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, this is doing it? Like what does that feel like?
Speaker 4: Because it doesn't have to just be a number on a chart, because I'm sure sometimes they can hit a number and it doesn't feel that way or the opposite, Like, when can you feel that it's really going to do something major?
Speaker 6: I think it's the live show. It is.
Speaker 12: I think it's all people showing up at the show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, people singing, showing lyrics back.
Speaker 4: What do they sing the loudest back more than Carolina?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes I just scream Carolina in my backyard by myself.
Speaker 7: It's my favorite one. My favorite is it.
Speaker 15: We used to end to say it always with Carolina, and you probably would think we did end with Carolina.
Speaker 6: We end would take my name.
Speaker 15: Now it's just when we when that changed, we were like, and you would be amazed at the amount of proposals that are happening.
Speaker 6: It shows we just had one a couple of nights ago.
Speaker 5: I do a fake one, I'd be like, repose that might happen. Yeah, you ever do I've.
Speaker 4: Done I've messed up before doing a gender Do you ever do gender reveals on stage?
Speaker 8: No, we've not done one of those.
Speaker 5: Are we okay?
Speaker 4: Well, I'd like to give you a word of a little tipt and if you don't mind, because I've screwed this up very badly, because it's gonna happen. You guys are successful stars and people are gonna want to be like, will you reveal my baby? And so I made the mistake once and I was doing a stand up show and they were like, we wanted to do great, let's do it. So they in the envelope, They're like, you're gonna reveal it to us? I made the mistake of going, Okay, what do you want now? They answered that, and I believe they wanted a boy. I asked him he wanted a boy. The problem is if I pull out, it's not a boy in the picture. He's now never ask what they want. Okay, okay, yeah, but you're yeah, because all you can do is like be even Oh you got what you wanted, and if you don't ask, you just pull everybody's gonna be excited. But it was so awkward because what do you want a boy?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 4: It's a girl. Like I can't teach you much because you guys are stars. But that's the one thing I'd like to leave from this meeting. Here, Yes, Parmal is here. I got on social media and Matt, I'll talk to you about this specifically. I I kind of get annoyed for you guys. Sometimes not really at you guys.
Speaker 6: I like you.
Speaker 4: I get annoyed for you because you do have massive songs. You about to have a fifth number one, and I just said, I was like, you know, doesn't really get the credit, and you weren't asking for the credit. You didn't even tell me to do it. I was like, Parmally kind of gets robbed from whenever people talk about how successful accolades that bands getting deserve. And I felt like when you were laying on the couch of all your medals on you, I.
Speaker 5: Felt like you felt that too, Dude.
Speaker 8: When I saw that post, I was like, I gotta hit Bobby back. Thank you for doing that. You know, it meant a lot, feel good. I said, we gotta just yeah, we got we gotta do the duet thing, man, because yeah, I mean, yeah, what's up with that? You know, it's like this is almost if this song goes up, that'll be five four in a row.
Speaker 5: Crazy, crazy at a.
Speaker 4: Time when there aren't a lot of bands, because there just aren't a lot of bands, never has been, especially a lot of bands having success much less just bands that exist. You know, dude, what's what's what's the are you what's probably too good looking? What's the guys?
Speaker 5: I mean, what's are you intimidated?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 6: I don't know, man, I think that's what it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, me too, Like what do we think fundamentally? Why do we think this happens?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 6: Well, one likes a lot's happened for us in the past three years.
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean, really, I feel like we did, you know, come out of which is part of the accolade, you know, digging your way out and proving yourself and coming out with some performing at award shows.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we do too.
Speaker 7: But how many years have y'all been together.
Speaker 6: Longer than we have?
Speaker 12: A five years? No, really, twenty five years, That's.
Speaker 5: What I'm saying, Like I want to say five years. It's not even like I'm meeting.
Speaker 4: It's a great wish of like I'm really rooting for you guys, like you deserve to play at these network award shows. And I think that's where I get frustrated is it doesn't have to be you guys. It could be anybody that is reaching the data point of what the expected data point is. It's almost like, oh, you've done this, now you deserve to do this. You're not asking for charity. I'm not You're not asking me for anything. I'm just saying I feel like life's not fair. But I feel like it's a bit unfair that you guys are not playing these main spots on these massive award shows.
Speaker 8: I mean, what have we gotta do?
Speaker 6: Yeah, tell us what got to do?
Speaker 5: Exactly? Only fans appartily fantastic. That's it. We're calling it only bands.
Speaker 8: Hard has looked out for us. They nominated us for awards several They've been great to us.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm part of that, by the way.
Speaker 12: Yeah, like you love this shirt.
Speaker 4: Rest of the crowd, I don't know snub exactly exactly. So how are the live shows going? Like?
Speaker 8: Amazing, amazing?
Speaker 4: Don't you wish you could get people out there to see, because again, I'd be very selfish. When I was touring doing theaters and theaters are all full, I was like, I wish I could be from home to see like people actually think I'm funny, Like it was very selfish like thought. I was like, man, I think of watching me do a show, they'd be like, oh that gu's funny. And so don't you wish like you have people out in like Des Moines, watch you fill up thousands of seats just crush it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I mean what are you gonna do? I mean, yess why you can post your stories and.
Speaker 6: We're still trying to do it every night? I know.
Speaker 4: Then I edit out the empty seat. Do you ey ever do that? I'd like crop out the little corner of empty seat. I was like, I'm not putting that out there, this song, and we've talked about it on the show and so, and I don't think I would even brought it up except for when I was actually reading about the song Gonna Love You based a bit on the shooting situation. Yeah, can you for our audience? I feel like we're interesting everybody all the time, all over again, even ourselves. Can you give me an abbreviated version of that story?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 8: So this was back in twenty ten, before we had a record deal. We were playing the club on a Monday night and I think we had like twenty people there. But anyway, short story, Me and Scott were out in the RV packing up after the show. Get a knock on the door. I'm thinking it's Barry and Josh, but it's two guys and bandanas with guns at my head again at my head. Pushed me up in the RV, give me you f and cash, and then fired the gun right by my head. And I knew Scott was in the back. It's just me and him up there, and I knew he had his fire arm with him. He was considered concealed carrier and uh, and I said, Scott I need some help, and he didn't hesitate. He came, walked up that little hallway and engaged both the guys, shot both of them. One of them is not here, the other ones in prison. But in the gunfire he got shot three times, one of them for more artery, and he was fell out on the couch and was bleeding out right front. When these guys finally made their way to the RV to see what was going on, and thank god, there was a cop right at the McDonald's next door, and they and the first responders got there quick and they airlifted him, but I think he bled out like twice on the way to Charlotte got in. There was so terrible. Ten days in the coma, forty in the hospital, three life saving surgeries.
Speaker 16: But when he when he came out of his coma, the first thing he said was we ain't playing no more of than clubs.
Speaker 5: Yeah, first words out of his mouth.
Speaker 6: They knew I was gonna be all right.
Speaker 4: He's like, I think this song would be a number one. Yeah.
Speaker 8: I mean it was terrible, you know, but we got through it, and we had a lot of help from family and friends, and at that time we were just about to come out of Nashville to get a record deal. We worked on that. We had already recorded Carolina and mus had a good time and we'd had those in the bucket, and this is the biggest thing that we've ever had in our career. Happened up to this point as far as like being on the cusp of getting finally getting a record deal and then boom, this happens and everything just shut down, and but everybody was supportive. They raised money, local bands, that shows people in Nashville, that auctions, you know, family and friends, everybody pray and everything just came together, you.
Speaker 15: Know, came back, got the record deal, and then we met Bobby Bones and the rest.
Speaker 10: That's when you came to town.
Speaker 4: So how does that story? How uh Int're gonna love you?
Speaker 17: Like?
Speaker 4: What is the relationship there?
Speaker 8: It's just the song that we needed to tell the story. And we had a lot of people ask us about, you know, man, you should you should do a documentary or you should do a movie, and we wanted to tell the story. And we just had the song now and we hadn't had it before, and I was like, Okay, this is this is coming down, this is what all this is.
Speaker 12: For and about unconditional love too.
Speaker 8: Yeah, you know, having people's back, and you know there's people that no matter when you call, they're going to pick up and and so.
Speaker 12: We have that in ourselves.
Speaker 8: You know, answer my phone when I called last.
Speaker 5: Night, you didn't answer, exactly, change his number.
Speaker 12: I didn't see you call me back.
Speaker 4: Question about the family dynamic here, I got two brothers and a cousin and a friend. But Josh not being related, do you ever not get invite to the family reunions? And you're like, what's up? Guys?
Speaker 12: Well, thankfully no, he wouldn't go anyway.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't go anywhere.
Speaker 17: But yeah, I'm an only child. I don't have any siblings and being in this band, these guys are my brothers.
Speaker 4: So they bout you the family reunion if they have one, they don't exactly would it's not coming anyway. That's funny.
Speaker 5: Guys.
Speaker 4: By the way, you like, I don't know, you look like extra trendy, Like look at you guys, like those checksmen coming in come on sty.
Speaker 5: This has been our biggest year. Yeah, like we know you for a long time. At this point, let me say that's called what they call it glow up right now, Holy crap, look good.
Speaker 12: We just got to work on that smell.
Speaker 4: You ever go to like Applebe's and hear your song over the top all the time, That's a perfect place for primary song and Apple's great man.
Speaker 10: Shout out to for sure.
Speaker 5: For sure.
Speaker 4: Uh Parmally music dot com.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 4: They you guys are playing some shows all the way up until the end of the year. You guys some Kane shows too.
Speaker 8: Oh, we didn't have to tour.
Speaker 6: How was that?
Speaker 8: It's awesome.
Speaker 5: Kane's awesome Kane Brown.
Speaker 8: Yeah, yea perfect, perfect combination was us and Tyler Hubbard and Kane. It was just hits from the time we got on stage till to the end of the whole show. It was amazing.
Speaker 4: I'm super happy for you guys.
Speaker 5: Thank you boy it And.
Speaker 4: It's just it's happening now. Yeah, I mean it's now happening, and so you know all this stuff I say, like, oh, it's timing a bit different than I think we had all hope you more than anybody, But it's now happening, and I can feel it happening now for you guys in a way that even though you've had hits, I haven't felt it like it is now. I don't know if you guys feel it like it is now, but it's starting to be a little bit different. Yeah, So congratulations guys, thank you, and congratulations on the success. Are going to love you, always love seeing you, and I can't wait till the next one.
Speaker 12: Thank you.
Speaker 5: All right, there they are parmly everybody. Nice job.
Speaker 12: All right, it's.
Speaker 1: The best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 6: Number two.
Speaker 2: Some major controversy at these CMA Awards, and no we're not talking about the artists.
Speaker 3: We're talking about on the show.
Speaker 2: Somebody did not pay attention to the attire that was supposed to be worn, and it was a whole thing. This person got very upset that other people were upset.
Speaker 3: And I'm gonna leave this right here.
Speaker 4: Number five, I was looking at pictures. I was not able to go to the CMA's last night, regretfully, I was. I've been stick to the last few days, even here on the show. So Amy looked great, thank you, Eddie looked great. Oh thanks man, Moregan, I saw your video. You're like, I'm just just a girl.
Speaker 5: That's kind of wet.
Speaker 4: If I'm a shower and I'm not going out and you did your hands white boom and then she's like in her dress. You know, one of those things is good. And then you guys can help me because I only saw a picture was Lunchbox in a hoodie.
Speaker 7: Yes, yeah, like a sweatshirt hoodie, but it was an It looked was nice.
Speaker 4: I just saw the group picture in every not just our show, but like they did a picture of like everybody who won, and every single person's in a suit or like a really nice dress, and Lunchbox is in a hoodie. But I would I'm not judging yet. We all love to judge on this show, but I would like to hold back for a second.
Speaker 5: What what was that?
Speaker 18: What do you mean it was an outfit? It's called style. No one told me that I had a wear a suit. No one said there's a dress code.
Speaker 4: You've been to that many We've done that many times.
Speaker 18: Justin Bieber goes to something, he wears a hoodie, people say, oh, fashion, I wear a hoodie and it's like the worst thing in the world.
Speaker 4: I don't think it's the worst thing in the world. No, no, no, no, no, no.
Speaker 7: He's not judging you yet.
Speaker 5: I don't know as I'm not asking you to be defensive.
Speaker 4: I'm they are not jumping in because they've already all made fun of you behind your back, so I'm but i'm.
Speaker 10: They made fun of me into my face.
Speaker 18: When I walked in, Morgan did double thing goes, are you wearing a hoodie?
Speaker 6: Hold on me?
Speaker 5: Are you talking about?
Speaker 6: And then I'm.
Speaker 18: Gonna Eddie says, are you going to change? And then these wife first things she says to me goes, I see you got your nicest clothes out, and here's my thing.
Speaker 10: If I went up to Morgan and said, you look like crap.
Speaker 4: No, but Morgan was dressed appropriate, it doesn't matter for like what they they say, you know, it's like whatever they can the style of dress.
Speaker 5: It's like black people are wearing this Song's.
Speaker 6: What I like to do.
Speaker 4: Everybody else shut up except for Lunchbox because he's going to get mad at you guys, And I'm not trying to talk to him like I'm upset or irritated.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: And see here's the thing a boy, No, no, let's take it out.
Speaker 4: Let's think it about half. Not it's just me and you talking.
Speaker 18: If I went up to a girl and said, why are you wearing that crap. I'm a jerk, right, But Morgan does it to me and it's oh cool. If I told her your drush looks like trash, how would she feel?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 5: I don't think I liked your hoodie, by the way.
Speaker 10: See here's the thing there. I don't give a.
Speaker 5: Crap what I liked your hoodie.
Speaker 4: I did think that it was a bit underdressed for the occasion, but I just wondered what your thought was.
Speaker 18: I thought it was a nice event. It's a nice hoodie. It ain't some trashity that I wear every day.
Speaker 4: I think my hoodies are nice.
Speaker 18: You wearing here red today that I wore it today because I saw them last night. You go, uh so, yeah, I thought it's no one said anything about a dress code or what you're supposed to wear, and just said, hey, we're going to the Cmas. I'm like, cool, man, this is a nice hoodie that is expensive, and I love you for being and I wore it and I wasn't worried about it.
Speaker 10: And now one person was like, oh my gosh, we can't let you in. Do you have a hoodie on?
Speaker 5: Cool? Great? Yeah, yeah great.
Speaker 4: I have said nothing to the fact that I'm upset or irritated. I just saw it and thought, is that real? Or it's like a fun picture he took, like after he changed out of his suit. Scuba, I want to get everybody else mouth shut please.
Speaker 12: Yeah, yeah, what's up?
Speaker 5: Scuba?
Speaker 4: You're the executive producer of this show. Yes, you know, of course my name's on it. But like you run this thing, no doubt about it. You're well as that guy. What were your thoughts?
Speaker 19: Well, I guess my first question would be, you get the CMA emails right lunchbox. They come through about to vote for this, and here's information for this, and I voted, gotcha. So in one of those emails, there's an important line here, says a tire and additional information. It says, the CMA Awards encouraged you to honor the tradition of country Music's bigest night by dressing in black tie or formal attire.
Speaker 5: I say that I didn't know that.
Speaker 4: I just see everybody else doing it every year, so I will yeah, and everyone else is doing it as well.
Speaker 19: I will say. It's a It was a really nice hoodie for him. It was it was more of an upgrade what we normally see, so I could see in his eyes he's.
Speaker 5: Like, well, I wore a really nice hoodie. This is like my black tie, and okay, fair maybe to the audience.
Speaker 10: Roll in a suit. No one's seem to complain about that.
Speaker 19: And I wore sunglasses, so I kind of like didn't care a little bit myself, but I still wore like a suit and looked somewhat nice. But I just think maybe he doesn't understand in his world he thinks that was awesome.
Speaker 5: That's on us.
Speaker 4: Then you know what that's on me as the leader to not go and say, hey, be sure to wear a suit.
Speaker 10: I mean I got that, not even norserom rack.
Speaker 19: But also I think to solid he wasn't sure he was gonna make it as well because his wife was doing something, so I think he was like scrambling last second and put something together.
Speaker 5: They want his best hoodie. Okay, that's on me.
Speaker 10: And I knew it matched because it was black and white, so I knew that didn't match with black jeans.
Speaker 5: What's what's on you? I don't understand.
Speaker 4: Well, there's a mistake that happens with this show. And because even one of our executives reach out.
Speaker 5: To me saying was this a bit oh the hoodie?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 4: And I said, not that I know of, because I didn't he looked.
Speaker 7: He looked nice. Yes, for him, he had jeans that fit, like really, the jeans were nice. The hoodie was you could tell he just bas shoes where he bought it and how.
Speaker 4: Showing up to a funeral and a tank top and jeorts and you're like, well, I'm wearing clothes.
Speaker 5: I hear you, I hear you.
Speaker 7: But it was still up level for him.
Speaker 4: Yes, I it is my fault because I because I I will take and I will message that executive back he listen, No, no, executive, listen our show. They only care about us when we get in trouble. Nobody cares. So I'll message the executive and be like, you know what, that's on me. It was a bit. It was like could lunchbok, what was the nicest hoodie he could.
Speaker 5: Find to wear? And that's We're good. That's on me.
Speaker 4: It is my fault. I thought you look great. I thought you were a bit underdressed for this occasion. But that's on me for not explaining that everybody they needed to wear what the email said in the official rules of black tie. Yeah.
Speaker 18: Still, I mean I'm looking through this email and I don't see that anywhere.
Speaker 4: But also, can I one other thing? And I mean this because I feel this way about me too. You're not jolly roller justin Bieber.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, oh really.
Speaker 5: He thinks he is.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 18: But here's the thing, people, fashion is different for everybody. I agree, and so like for you to say, oh, you can't wear this, ID.
Speaker 4: I didn't say that. I'm saying that's I think to hood he looks great. It is my fault that I didn't explain expressed to everybody that you need to do what's traditionally done that you guys have seen for like I don't know, eight or nine years in a.
Speaker 5: Row any longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And the bit that I suggested of lunchbox, can you wear the nicest hoody you can find? Was not the greatest idea for.
Speaker 7: Me to do that bit link link.
Speaker 4: I don't want him to get in trouble because I have a feeling that they're going to be like you guys would disrespect you know, these executives are.
Speaker 5: So that's my everybody.
Speaker 8: That was my bit.
Speaker 5: I made it up.
Speaker 19: Okay, this bad taste man if you think that was bad, he should hear he heard his speech. He took over into the speech at the awards in the hoodie, in the hoodie front and center and doing a speech.
Speaker 5: We got an audio of it.
Speaker 4: I don't play, yea because don't think I'm in the place to hear it.
Speaker 5: Well, I don't. I'm on the place. Hold everybody hold.
Speaker 10: I have a question, though we can play.
Speaker 4: In the next segment.
Speaker 6: I just I don't.
Speaker 18: I need a break, okay, So can I tell Like when a woman says that to her, I'll be like, well, why are you wearing a trash bag?
Speaker 5: Is that it was?
Speaker 4: It was you were under dressed according to the dress code.
Speaker 10: I mean, show me a dress code.
Speaker 4: For the past ten years.
Speaker 5: But it doesn't matter. It's my fault. It's my fault.
Speaker 4: Please everybody, thank you for remaining quiet during this segment.
Speaker 5: And it's my fault. Okay, that's all.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number.
Speaker 2: Two continuing on the CMAS, we did pre CMA Awards interviews and apparently your girl got a little flirty during some of them unintentionally. I think it may just be my personality. But the show seems to think differently. So you listen, decide for yourself, and also maybe you would have done the same thing.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: Number four, I have some flirtyish moments with Morgan and different artists.
Speaker 5: Do you guys want to hear these?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: So CMAS they're flirting with her. You just listen, and I don't want to lead you.
Speaker 5: I don't to lead the witness. Does Morgan you're single?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I'm single, nothing wrong with being single? Living it up okay during the CMAS and this is the last time after today, we'll do very little CMA talk. But I wanted to play this. Tucker Wetmore came in. He was a former football player. Now he's got a song about to be number one, big deal, and so they were talking about what he wanted to accomplish in life, and his answer led all the guys to make it awkward because of Morgan and single. Just listen to this and give me your thoughts.
Speaker 2: Here you go, What is something that you hope to accomplish before you die?
Speaker 3: Not music related?
Speaker 8: A family?
Speaker 3: Want to be a dad?
Speaker 8: I do not anytime soon. That's that's probably like one of my mangles.
Speaker 3: Oh that's really awesome, but not right now.
Speaker 8: No, no, god no, absolutely not having no position to be a father.
Speaker 3: Any particular reason you say that. Just still learning to take your career.
Speaker 20: You know.
Speaker 3: Okay, got it?
Speaker 5: No you did?
Speaker 3: Sorry, not bad, I'm sorry. Oh my god, stop it right now. We're done.
Speaker 5: We're done. Maybe the guys are very good.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, no, okay, Doug, it's really great to see you think, so.
Speaker 5: Okay flirting with Morgan.
Speaker 10: That was Morgan flirting with him.
Speaker 4: I think if it was working like Jimmy word flirting, but Morgan like it stopped in our tracked like single.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you why.
Speaker 2: I had just seen that he had a girlfriend online, so I felt really bad that I brought it up.
Speaker 3: I guess they had just broken up.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I didn't see a little bit of that.
Speaker 4: Also, I felt like she was a little but if you're if.
Speaker 7: You're thinking they're with someone and then they broke up and then realize that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Here's another one was Morgan flirting with Riley Green. Here's here's the clip.
Speaker 3: You know, Riley, listen, everybody thinks you're so attractive.
Speaker 2: You're like the we did a whole thing on the show that you're the hottest man in country music. Really, but I feel like what just made you even more attractive to me is that you love Christmas as much as I.
Speaker 18: Do, and I like but nobody has a chance because I'm hung up on this elf girl exactly.
Speaker 3: We got to find the elf.
Speaker 5: I need to find myles.
Speaker 21: Yeah, okay, it's the hot It goes high when she gets a register voice if they say something that indicates their looking.
Speaker 5: She even said what makes me attracted more attractive than not and.
Speaker 3: Did well in the Sexy.
Speaker 4: We remember when I was on the list that's not our voting, It was the list that.
Speaker 7: We read, and Morgan said his name, Yeah.
Speaker 5: But that she just picked.
Speaker 7: We were guessing what was on the everyone would say his name. He's good looking.
Speaker 4: I caught it. She got the bug in that one because she's like, you know, what makes even hotter.
Speaker 8: Than me.
Speaker 3: Excited to talk about Christmas?
Speaker 10: Morgan fled with him, right.
Speaker 4: I think Morgan took a little, very small put a little effort in there to let her let him know she knew that he knew these are.
Speaker 2: Like outwardly though, I feel like this might my personality.
Speaker 6: This one not.
Speaker 4: Here is the lead singer of Parma Lee. It's Matt and they're talking about jeep ducking, putting those ducks on someone's jeep.
Speaker 3: You have ducks on your jeeps.
Speaker 8: I don't have a duck on my jeep.
Speaker 3: Have you never been duck? No, Guys have them. It's not just a girl thing. Guys have them too. I need to duduk I'm not.
Speaker 4: Okay awkward, Yeah, because we get the duck thing. But also is that why it's called duck No?
Speaker 5: I don't know.
Speaker 4: But when she goes I need to duck you, and it's like a good looking dude Morgan.
Speaker 20: Guys, it was.
Speaker 5: We don't hate you for it.
Speaker 3: I'm not trying to though, Guys. Is the thing I'm genuinely not You're not.
Speaker 18: And then she would let me tell you she was so disappointed because Warren Zyders never came by our booth, and she kept going, man, when is he gonna come by? I'm gonna talking about him not being on our Sexiest Man list. I need to tell him about he's not on our Sexiest.
Speaker 2: You follow up because he commented on the video. He saw it and he commented and I was like, that.
Speaker 3: Would be a cool follow up. Well, maybe it's everybody else making it. I was just having fun.
Speaker 7: Warren was her first guess whenever. Yeah, in the video like you give me, you're like Amy sexy men lab and I was like George Straight and you're like Amy, let me go to someone that knows what they're talking about.
Speaker 4: Morgan And I didn't say that. I said he was too old to be on the link. I clearly you exaggerated that, and that makes me feel small.
Speaker 10: Yeah, I mean you're taking away the attention from MORGANA.
Speaker 7: Oh, that's not taking my intent. No, let's go back to Morgan. And sorry, Bobby, that was my own insecurity of picking George Straight, and I took it out on you than Morgan.
Speaker 4: Who would you Who would you rather duck? Matt from Parmy or Riley Green?
Speaker 5: Honest question. You get one night a duck, right right, Yeah, you're getting duck.
Speaker 4: Stop it's a The CMA's are now streaming on Hulu. Yes, that's Morgan being flirty. All right, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: There was a study that came out talking about the number one husband Gripe, so naturally the guys then had to share their number one husband gripes. And I would also like to know for my own study purposes if any of the guys were in the doghouse and had to sleep on the couch after.
Speaker 5: The sig married number three.
Speaker 4: I have a story here from the Dance of Anger by Harriet Lerner the number one husband gripe. Now these are gripes by husbands, and I'll read you the story, and I encourage with the guys on the show. What is your number one husband gripe? I'd love to hear it. Yeah, the question is what's the number one complain of married men. The answer is being criticized by their wives. Nagging husbands tend to say, I'm tired of being the target. Nagging psychologists say a solution to the problem is for wives to dial down the criticism and make sure that positive comments out number the negative ones by a healthy margin. So what that sounds like to me is you can still nag, just make sure you're doing the fake comment the positive stuff first.
Speaker 7: I think for every negative, try to give five positives.
Speaker 4: There just aren't that many positive things about me, so I know that would just be a lie. If she's like, hey, I got all the I'm like, that's not true. I'm not that So what is your number one husband? Gripe to the husbands and the let's go to lunchbox.
Speaker 10: I would say. My wife was like, oh, would you unload the dishwasher? So I started unloading the dishwasher and I put a dish somewhere. Well, actually I would do it this way.
Speaker 5: Oh, something tells you that, and then she tells.
Speaker 18: Me how to do it. She doesn't like the way I'm doing it. It's like, if you want me to do it, let me do it my way, or like she wants me to help her cook. Every once in a while, I start cutting something up. She's like, well I would cut it this way. Well, then do it yourself. It is so annoying. She I just can't help myself. And she says it every time I can't help myself. You can help yourself.
Speaker 5: But is it something?
Speaker 4: Because if my wife does something like that, like I'll love the dishwasher in a very unconventional way at times, and she's like, this doesn't get cleaned if like stacked on top of each other. Probably do it this way. All she has to just tell me once and I never do it wrong again once.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 7: I'm just saying I know nothing. I'm just saying.
Speaker 5: Something like that, Yeah, because I don't want to have to hear it again.
Speaker 7: Oh I thought that y'all have that thing where you continuously mess up so you don't ever get asked to do it.
Speaker 5: Well, that's a whole different that's a different part of our life.
Speaker 18: Or if there's like papers on the counter, I'll get papers and I'll put them to there. I wouldn't put them there, I'd put them over here. Well, once if you want me to pick them up, If you wanted to put them there, then why didn't you put them there?
Speaker 4: But then if you do it again, does she tell you again or do you learn? Because if you if you learn, then she can tell you that once.
Speaker 10: No, I'm done doing it, you're gonna criticize me. I'm like, all right, look, then do it yourself.
Speaker 5: Got it?
Speaker 8: I felt that.
Speaker 10: Oh man, we only get to do one.
Speaker 5: You're fired up, dude.
Speaker 18: It irritates me too much as a hole in the wall, okay, Eddie.
Speaker 9: Yeah, mine's more of the expectation, like she always expects me to do something, Like if I for example, when I leave work, I usually call her, right say, one day I just don't call her and I show up.
Speaker 5: And they're like, where were you? I'm like, what do you mean?
Speaker 9: You usually call me when you leave at work? And I'm like, do I have to do the same thing all the time? Like why is it my fault that you're expecting me to do something without even asking me to do it.
Speaker 4: That's a question I would have for you back in if you had a class on Monday, Wednesday, Friday, and you sat in the same seat every time because we all did what creature to have it? You'd set you know, third row, fifth seed over that you set there every time, every time, every time. Yeah, and then you walk in it's the same people in the class, but somebody sits in that seat.
Speaker 5: How do you feel it's okay? It just didn't. I mean, it's all right. They decided to sit there one day.
Speaker 4: Even though you've sat in it every single day. You're not You're not an about it at all, because I would be like, I know, this isn't really my seat. We haven't like taken and wrote down this is my but I feel like that's my seat, Like I'm there every week and you're always in this class. Why are you sitting there because you've always had your seat. I feel like there's an expectation that over time, that that expectation when it becomes not only is it met, it's expected. Then when you don't meet it, because you have set that standard, and there's I can understand why there would be concern or irritation.
Speaker 5: But everything has to run the same every day. No, it's only because you've made it. You've run it the same every day.
Speaker 4: So when you don't run it the same, something must be off or different, which raises concern, which thinking man if I self into other things, anger, sadness.
Speaker 5: So that's why.
Speaker 9: So if I fall asleep on the couch because I'm tired, she in the mornings like, did you just falls the couch?
Speaker 5: Are you mad at me?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 5: What's going on? Nothing, I fell asleep on the couch. It's not a bug.
Speaker 7: Do you have to answer that way? Or can you say, oh, I was just tired.
Speaker 5: Oh I'm just I'm just being like yeah, steps advocate there.
Speaker 4: I would say, I would understand if you do something the same every single day, then you don't do something the same, I would think something different in your life, and that could concern me because it's not.
Speaker 7: So interesting anyone in anything.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I just used the school chair thing because that's what I think about, Like, if I'm in that same chair, I don't own it. I never declared it officially, but if someone's in it, I'm like, well, that's that's that's my chair.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I've been doing the same way every single time, and that's weird.
Speaker 7: Weird is uncomfortable.
Speaker 10: Yeah, you're the building.
Speaker 18: If we parted the where you parked every day, you wouldn't have pulled it, would You would.
Speaker 7: Park in my spot?
Speaker 5: What do you have?
Speaker 22: Yeah, huge gripes. It's the meal thing, and it's because I work different hours. So either we can choose to be on the same meal schedule or we're not. So if I come home and eat it too and I say, hey, do you want to eat? I can put you something up and you say no, then that means you have chosen to not be on my meal schedule. So at four o'clock, two hours after I just ate, you cannot say hey, what do you want to do for dinner?
Speaker 5: I just ate?
Speaker 22: Yeah, it's fair we have chosen to be on different meal schedules.
Speaker 5: That's fair.
Speaker 22: So that's my biggest one. My second biggest one is.
Speaker 5: With the TV.
Speaker 22: So I don't tell you, Hey, I'd love for you to come watch football with me. So why would you love for me to come watch.
Speaker 6: A movie with you.
Speaker 22: I can watch a movie if we both are just in a room together and a movie comes on and we're both watching it. Why do I have to give up my football to watch a movie when I would never ask you to give up a movie to watch my football?
Speaker 5: Interesting, that's valid. Well I did.
Speaker 4: There's a lot of factors in that, like does he spend enough time with her in general?
Speaker 7: Like the football is on Thursday, Friday or no Thursday, Saturday, Sunday and.
Speaker 5: Monday, actually every day of the week night.
Speaker 20: And then Friday.
Speaker 5: If you got it's gonna.
Speaker 4: Be a dynamic where he works all the time, doesn't It's not really about football to movie Ratio, it's about Raymundo hanging out.
Speaker 22: With why Ratio, it's just not a war against football. I would never criticize a movie, but I don't make you watch my football.
Speaker 5: Why are you making me watch these movies?
Speaker 4: Hey, listen, nobody's wrong. We're just talking good we're just talking through them. My number one husband, Gripe is probably no no street clothes in bed ever like to sleep even like sit on it, and it's like like nothing. She is so particular about what touches after I clean my feet, even though I'm walking out barefoot, I have to clean my feet and I get it, like it makes sense, it makes sense, but it's like it's so much work. Like if I'm wearing a pair of shorts and I've had outside and I can't even sit on the bed, She's like, we don't have no no dan.
Speaker 9: It is weird though if you like in your bed with jeans, it does feel weird that you're on the bed with jeans.
Speaker 5: Well, you know, when I was single, not so weird.
Speaker 4: And then again I now am just trying to go in wet a washcloth and wipe my feet down before I go to bed every night because she's like, you've been out, you take the dogs out of peena barefoot, you should.
Speaker 7: Get a little like wipes to keep by your bed that you should him to wet a wet cloth. You can just get like a little white like I have them for my dog in her paws. It could be like your feet.
Speaker 5: No thanks, you have like a little bowl of water sponge.
Speaker 4: Anyway, Thanks for sharing, guys, I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: Just let's get the show going here.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week with Morgan.
Speaker 8: Number two.
Speaker 2: A listener called out Eddie on a promise that he made, And we love when the listeners call us out and it's a good one. Sometimes we get called out and we're like, what's happening this one?
Speaker 3: This is a good one. A listener called.
Speaker 2: In and said, hey, remember that time Eddie signed a contract saying he would do this by the end of the year. Well, as it turns out, Eddie has not paid up on that contract yet and we are fastly approaching the end of the year.
Speaker 4: Number two, this voicemail started so much redrama on the show.
Speaker 20: I'm a podcast listener and I was listening to an old episode from March and Eddie signed a contract to be a bone marrow donor. Jess would like a follow up on that.
Speaker 5: Love You show after this, I didn't remember.
Speaker 4: I was like, I don't remember that, and then some of your other guys did, and then Eddie's like, I don't know. Then Mike d produced a contract that we made Eddie sign Really, we just talked about this.
Speaker 5: You know, this is what happened. I don't remember that either.
Speaker 4: So Eddie had signed a contract. It says I Eddie agreed to terms I said on the air about looking into a bone marrow transplant. If I qualify, I will do it. And the reason that he said this and signed this is because over the last five years or so he has declared outwardly he wants to do all these things. Give a kidney, build a playground, thought about donating kid around who knows? I told the playground, Yeah, that's silly. So Eddie was like, I need more information, so I have some clips. This is the evidence I present. This is from what Oh, this is gonna be somarch A twenty twenty four. This is the voicemail, the original voicemail that sparked Eddie's idea to donate.
Speaker 14: Go ahead, Hi, I know that Eddie talks pot about being a kidney donor, But another way you can save a life and be a donor is to be a bone marrow donor. It's not permanent. Your bone marrow regenerates after you donate, and it can save a life. Like my daughter when she was five months old.
Speaker 5: I'll do that. I'll do a bone marrow.
Speaker 7: I'll let us know when you do, Eddie, I'll do it.
Speaker 5: That I'm not worried about. But it's the kids, Okay, that I'm not worried about.
Speaker 4: I'm not kay, that's that clip. So that you volunteered it. And by the way, we're not saying that we're too good for it's just Eddie has always said things like I'm going to do it.
Speaker 5: I'm going to do it. I'll do that, I'll do that. You volunt did you hear you volunteer that? Man, just like I'll do that.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Okay.
Speaker 4: So then this is the verbal contract with Eddie from March eighth, twenty twenty four.
Speaker 5: Eddie, I would like for you to state.
Speaker 4: For the record, for the record, what you will do and within what time frame.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, okay, within this year, the calendar year of twenty four. I will look into what it takes to do a bone marrow transplant, and I will if my body, if my body allows it, and I pass any tests, I will donate my bone Mara.
Speaker 4: Oh wow, okay, Hey, Mike, will you do that on a piece of paper?
Speaker 5: Make him sign it. And I've said everything I had to say, right, Okay, there we go.
Speaker 6: I like it.
Speaker 7: How does it feel to hear that bad?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 5: I mean yeah, keep myself accountable.
Speaker 4: I like it, and not just that we have a contract you signed, that's what you can dude.
Speaker 5: I don't have a lot of time. No, I'm an idiot, I said this year.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I mean at first I thought he was like, okay, fine, he just has to look into it this year.
Speaker 3: But then you kept.
Speaker 5: Going no, no, no, I said, look into it.
Speaker 7: It's it, you said, And okay, if by past tests, I do it.
Speaker 4: And the later third of November, obviously you have Thanksgiving. But you can go to the doctor and ask questions.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we expect you to do that.
Speaker 6: Amy.
Speaker 9: That'd be terrible of me to go ask questions. They say you're good to do, and I go no, no, no, I won't do it.
Speaker 5: No, no, no. If I do, take the time.
Speaker 4: Now you're saying other things and we have it, we don't believe you.
Speaker 5: No, no, dude, I'm still within the range. Believe me. God, And even remember that I forgot about it. Yeah, so we're gonna leave it with you.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I got a lot of work to do. Let us know very little time, let us know. Okay, go ahead, where do I go for this?
Speaker 4: It's a google away? Okay, I think do you have a general doctor?
Speaker 5: No, Like I go to the clinic.
Speaker 7: I would google, Like.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you can call anybody even in the clinic to go, Hey, where can I go? You just got to start with asking somebody that would know somebody, to know somebody.
Speaker 5: I gotta get on this show. Listeners, I can call and tell you.
Speaker 4: Okay, okay, this is crazy, good luck.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits of the week. With Morgan number.
Speaker 3: Two commenting at that number one spot.
Speaker 2: Because it was the CMA Awards week, we all did go as a show together because we won a CMA, which is so incredibly exciting and we are so grateful, thankful in the millions of different ways. But we all went together to go accept our award before the live broadcast happened on stage and Lunchbox is the one who did our CMA acceptance speech, because Amy was like, hey, I did it, and the year passed, it's your turn to give.
Speaker 11: It a try.
Speaker 3: And it was good.
Speaker 2: There were moments, but the end was definitely something Number one.
Speaker 5: I want to hear the speech.
Speaker 4: I've not heard Lunchbox of speech that he gave during the CMAS and that wasn't on television.
Speaker 5: But we did win an award.
Speaker 4: And before there's nobody in the room, which I only wonder while we're giving a speech when no one's in the room, do you guys know why?
Speaker 18: I mean, they're starting to have people filter in, so there were some people in there.
Speaker 4: But also it's weird, like did they just say saving an archive? Anyway, we have to give a speech, so you know, we wanted to pass. I'm like, hey, this is awesome, thank you guys, we love you. Whatever. For some reason, Amy decided not to give this speech, and she was I wasn't there. I was sick. Amy was like, I guess I won't do it. You let Lunchbox do it.
Speaker 7: Right, Yeah, because I did it last time, and so I thought it would be nice to share.
Speaker 5: Okay, And that's uh selfonice of you.
Speaker 7: Yeah, yeah, I just assumed like we should rotate. That seems what that That's what I thought was the right thing.
Speaker 4: I've not heard this yet. Now, you guys know me. What will my reaction be after I hear Lunchbox of speech?
Speaker 5: I would say, you're gonna put your face in your hands.
Speaker 4: Okay, Amy, it could have been worse. Oh okay, that's lunchbox. How would you like to set this up?
Speaker 10: I think I nailed it. I gave a shout out to you know, all our fans, like I'll soil it.
Speaker 4: Don't do this speech again.
Speaker 10: We're going to be like, man, that's pretty good. Okay.
Speaker 5: This a lot of.
Speaker 7: Emotions like the end, pay attention.
Speaker 5: How long is it?
Speaker 10: Ray thirty?
Speaker 4: Okay, here's lunchbox of speech. We were giving a CMA Award and action man who.
Speaker 18: Would think of college drop out would be here except me CMA Awards tonight.
Speaker 10: And Bobby has been seeing all week a stomach bug.
Speaker 18: So please say a prayer for Bobby, because without him we wouldn't be here. And I mean to all the other shows that aren't up here winning awards.
Speaker 13: Start now.
Speaker 5: We're here. We gotta go, but we gotta go, we gotta go leave it.
Speaker 3: That's Gord.
Speaker 5: Why did you guys yell we're no no what we need to say? We didn't yell.
Speaker 7: Anything he was trying to say, which I don't know that we need to bring up any other shows at all. But he was like putting it out there to other shows like, hey, we're here to stay, We're not going anywhere, Like we're not going anywhere, So is that.
Speaker 5: The place to talk about other people?
Speaker 7: That's what That's where That was the part that was cringe for me. And then they all start yelling and then were or we're being told like wrap it up, walk off, and they're just still yelling, sort of like sticking it to the man.
Speaker 4: I don't mind shout to me.
Speaker 7: I appreciate that, Yeah, saying it was that God.
Speaker 4: Most time stomach felt better for some reason at like six point thirty two that night, I was.
Speaker 18: Like, wow, yeah, the reason I'm Eddie's like talk about you're gonna put your hand, your head in your hands, Like, oh, I don't understand what you would put your head in your.
Speaker 5: Hand on this one part.
Speaker 4: Can I just say this, We don't compete with a single other show, So stuff like that is always mind blowing to me. We don't, we don't. We don't compete with a single other show. We compete with people listening to podcasts, with people living life, watching YouTube videos. We don't compete with other radio shows. Like nowhere in my mind do I ever even think about another radio show ever? So that's like ten years ago. Maybe that's how you do it. There's no competition in mind here you say radio show, Yeah, he's what show's youre talking about?
Speaker 5: Where this day?
Speaker 18: Well, what we're saying is like, you know you want to win that award. You're like, man, how do I win that award? I was just letting them know, hey, we're not going in.
Speaker 7: There's other people in the category.
Speaker 4: No, I know, but in my mind, we don't compete. We're not fighting for people versus another radio show. We're fighting for people versus every kind of media and out there.
Speaker 18: Because listeners I was talking about winning the award, they are looking at us, going, man, I want to win that award one day, but they ain't gonna win.
Speaker 4: So you want to yell, we're not leaving. We can't win it next year because you can't win.
Speaker 8: It two years in a row.
Speaker 7: It's only every other year.
Speaker 4: So hopefully they stick it to us next year. Whoever wins it, I want to send him a text and be like hey when you get up there, like where are y'all? But you were never show today losers They say that that's Okay.
Speaker 5: That's so, what do you think? What do you think?
Speaker 7: It's fine, It's fine.
Speaker 5: It was him.
Speaker 4: He was also being pushed along by Raymundo and Scuba and I can hear you guys heard that you're pushing them along.
Speaker 5: I did not yell. Go back to the tape, and he said, rap it. I think that you're saying, yeah.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we were drunken.
Speaker 4: Amy, you just have to be the leader. This is on you a little bit.
Speaker 10: But Amy refusal to leave too. She goes, we're not no.
Speaker 7: I turned around and I.
Speaker 5: Was like, I'm leaving immediately.
Speaker 7: I think it was the first one off the stage.
Speaker 4: Anyway, thank you.
Speaker 1: It's the best bits the week with Morgan. Number two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it for me this weekend, everybody, I'm about to go take the biggest nap of my life. Whatever you're doing this weekend, I hope it's fun. You stay safe and healthy and otherwise. Thanks for listening. Please check out part one and part three. If you've already done that, you can go check out my new podcast, Take This Personally. This week, I brought on my old high school teacher. Her name is missus Manning, and she was a safe space for me when I was going through a really bad bullying situation in high school. And because of that situation also she went from being a math teacher went back to school to become a high school counselor.
Speaker 3: So really cool.
Speaker 2: Story, very nostalgic, Also hard for me to go back and kind of relive some of those moments, but I think it's an important conversation that needed to be heard.
Speaker 3: All right. Anyways, see you guys next week.
Speaker 6: Bye.
Speaker 1: That's the best Bits of the week with Morgan. Thanks for listening. Be sure to check out the other two parts this weekend. Go follow the show on all social platforms.
Speaker 7: Yes, follow at web girl Morgan
Speaker 1: To submit your listener questions for next week's episode.