Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirell Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Panya, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: Welcome in What's Right with Nick Wright Episode two oh nine, and we are days away from my favorite sports weekend of the year, the best sports weekend of the year, Divisional Round playoff weekend. Two game Saturday, two game Sunday. Oh boy. Speaking of two game Saturday, let's bring de monse in real quick before we get to what missed the cut. This is an old I don't know what videos Instagram sends you if you're like scrolling their reels or whatever, but I'm sure it's different than the ones the algorithm sends me, because the algorithm sends me gambling videos and then parenting slash marriage videos, a bunch of like this is how dumb my husband is videos, and there is a whole cottage industries who's strung a word, but a whole genre of you know my reaction when you know I tell my wife I can't find something, and then she gets up and looks for it, and it's the guy with sweat pouring down his face a variation of that, and a whole genre of you know, my wife telling me about the plans today that she has told me about seven different times over the previous two months, and the guy's like, what plands? I am here to tell you. Though, those two genres could not be more accurate to my lived experiences. And I had one of those moments today when your mom says to me, oh, I'm so excited for Ashley's painting reveal Saturday. I said, huh. She was like, we talked about it, Ashley was here, she told you how excited you were. I'm like, oh yeah. And when she said I was like, oh yeah, I remember, I was like, but when is that? She's like Saturday. I'm like, when Saturday said six o'clock and I gave her. She said, is there football? I'm like, and now I have turned it on her because her telling me plans it registers in my brain the same place that the NFL playoff schedule registers in her brain, which is nowhere. And so I was like, yeah, there's football's visional weekend. She was like, at six o'clock a bad time. I'm like, it's the worst time. Originable couldn't pick a worst time. Six o'clock guarantees I would miss the second half of the Ravens game and the beginning of the Packer game. She was like, so, what are we gonna do? And I was like, well, I know what I'm gonna do. I'm gonna watch the games. Like I don't know. I don't know how I can make this up to anyone, but this is there's no possibility I can miss it now. She was very nice. She was like, I understand, it's fine, you can come meet up with us after. And I don't know that she fully registered that there's the four thirty game, but then there's another game after, so this event starts at six. She said, I can come meet up with her after. The after is like midnight, but we sold her on, so listen, I am super excited about this weekend and the final game is the game of the weekend or what people would have you believe is the game of the weekend. Chiefs Bills will get to all of that in a moment. First, what missed the cut Pacers trading for Pascal Siakam? I don't think you could have found a more perfect pairing of good but not great player going to good but not great team that creates precisely zero buzz. It's like a mad libs of fringe All Star Fringe contender combined forces. That is it? Okay, who is the player and the team we could put together that might make zero of the talk shows? And the answer is, well, what if we want Pascal Siakam on the Indiana Pacers? They're like perfect? Do it? Kyrie wanted to reunite with Lebron. There will be more discussion about Kyrie's you know, fever dream about maybe joining the Lakers than Pascal Siakam actually joining the Pacers. Modern media and Girl Scout Cookie season begins. Are you guys trying tell me in my ear? Producers the Girl Scout Cookies thing? Are you guys trying to get me Have I done my Girl Scout Cookies rant on this show before you guys trying to bait me into that or is that an honest question? Oh? I haven't done it. Okay, all right, stay for the end of the show. I'll do my girl Scout Cookies rant because there's I have strong opinions on this, and it's not about what the best flavors. I agree with you De Monsey. I like thin mints, but thin mints and the freezer delicious. So we'll do all of that. But first demand let's get into the actual show. Go ahead.
Speaker 3: After getting absolutely embarrassed at home last week by the Green Bay Packers, the Dallas Cowboys are keeping McCarthy. Everybody thought he was gonna lose his job, including me, maybe you. But with so many quality coaching candidates opening up, why does it make sense for Dallas to keep McCarthy.
Speaker 2: I mean, I only it does. And I've now come to aation that maybe others came to before, and maybe some think I'm wrong on That's fine. And the realization is I don't think Jerry Jones' number one goal is to win a Super Bowl. I think Jerry Jones' number one goal is to be the face, voice and have full control of his franchise. And he'd like to win a Super Bowl. But he has to have that because if your number one goal is to win a Super Bowl, and Jim Harbaugh might be available, Bill Belichick is available, Mike Vrabel is available, hell Pete Carroll is available, maybe, just maybe Mike Tomlin could be available, all those things, and you decide to run it back with Mike McCarthy. It's because your number one objective is to have unquestioned, full control of your franchise, be the unquestioned voice and face of the franchise. And I think it's a bad decision. Now. I understand that, you know, Greg Olsen, who I think has been awesome and I have massive respect for that. Greg Olsen during the broadcast and since the game, you know, via Twitter, has been very adamant that the smart move is to keep Mike McCarthy. That it's too reactionary, it's too prisoner of the moment he to keep Mike McCarthy. I vehemently disagree with that take. I think people probably thought that when the Denver Broncos uh three years in. Was it three years or four years? I'm gonna check it to be because I want to be exactly right here. But with John Fox in Denver, what'd you say.
Speaker 3: It's been a long moment too as well, you know, prisoner of the moment, this keeps happening.
Speaker 2: Oh well, sure, the very fair point. But so John Fox in Denver, he was the coach there for four years, but he was the coach with Peyton for three. In those three years, they went thirteen and three, lost in the divisional round their first playoff game, went thirteen and three, lost in the Super Bowl, went twelve and four, lost in the divisional round their first playoff game. They had the bye every year, they made a Super Bowl. So he was forty six and eighteen three and four in the postseason, won a playoff game with Tim Tebow as his quarterback, made the playoffs with Tim Tebow. Once he got Peyton, they won twelve or thirteen games and had the bye every year and made a super Bowl, and they fired him because they said, we need to get over for the hump, we need to be better. And by the way, the next year they won the Super Bowl. And so I don't think. I do think there are certain losses that wipe away all the good work you did in that regular season. And when I evaluate coaches, I ask the very simple question because my coach and my GM evaluation is very different. With a the better the job the GM does, the higher expectations the coach has. The worst job a GM does, the lower expectations a coach has. Which is why Belichick was in such a weird spot at the end of New England because it's like, well, he is making the most with a roster that doesn't have any talent, but he picked the talent, so that obviously then works for him as a coach against him as a GM. I think the Cowboys were tremendously talented, and I think the Cowboys were once again unprepared for the postseason. The Cowboys in two of the last three years losing home playoff games to Jimmy Garoppolo and Jordan Love. And no disrespect to Jordan because he's been excellent, but they were the seventh seed. They were fighting for their playoff lives in the final week of the year. It's his first ever playoff start, so losing those home playoff games as significant favorites is firing worthy. It just is. And when you look at Mike McCarthy, if you are a team that is as Brew has been saying all year, super Bowler bust and I have been arguing, well the very least NFC Championship game or Bust. You do need to ask yourself when is the last time in the postseason one of his teams overachieved or met expectation? When is the last time the Green Bay Packers or the Dallas Cowboys with Mike McCarthy, once they got to the postseason, got to where they were supposed to be. So in twenty ten, they win the Super Bowl as the wild card. It's why it's amazing. It's a great job by all involved. Since then we can go through the years, guys, and in fact, we will go through the years. The very next year, the Green Bay Packers were fifteen and one, and in their first playoff game at home, they don't lose to the Giants. They get blown out out by the Giants. In twenty twelve, they're eleven and five. They win their first playoff game against the Vikings, and then they play the Niners and they don't lose to the Niners. They get blown out by the Niners. The next year, so that to me getting the divisional round. That year, they weren't as good as the Niners. That's a road playoff game, that's I guess meeting expectation. But you got blown out. The next year they sneak into the playoffs eight seven and one. They lose the Niners again. Okay. The next year they are the one seed, I'm sorry, the two seed. They get the bye, They are in the NFC Championship game against Seattle, have a two score lead with minutes to go and blow the game. Now they reached about as far as they were supposed to go. They were the two seed. They lost to the one seed, but they lost in horrific fashion. The very next year they lose. It takes two Aaron Rodgers Hail Mary's to force overtime against the Cardinals and you lose. And the next year they play I would say to their seed, maybe above their seed, get to the NFC Championship game and get blown out by the Falcons, and then we know the story in Dallas. So I think Jerry decided it was more important to have a coach that he could control, that he could be the voice of the franchise, all of that. Then that he could give themselves the best chance to win a championship. Now, folks will make the argument, what did Andy Reid's postseason resume look like before he got packed Mahomes? And I understand that argument because Andy had a lot of years where they were good but not great, couldn't get over the hump. The difference is Andy did not have nearly as many absolute flameouts and Andy most notably did not have these years where he had the better quarterback in a playoff game and kept losing. And people are like, oh, look at the Andy with the Chiefs before Mahomes got there, they lost to the Colts. Blew a twenty said that one was painful. Flew his twenty seven point lead to the Colts in the playoffs. Yeah, I understand that it was Alex Smith versus Andrew Luck that the next time they were in the playoffs lost to the Patriots, it was Alex Smith against Tom Brady. The next time they were in the playoffs lost to the Steelers, it was Alex Smith against Big Ben. That was a tough one too. Chiefs scored two touchdowns, Steelers scored zero touchdowns. In the Chiefs I lost that game eighteen to sixty two field goals for the steel six field goals for the Steelers. Pardon me, now the next year Alex Smith last year lost to Marcus Mariota. Now that's a terrible one. Up twenty one to three, loose to Marcus Mariota, And so yeah, I mean that that's a really, really bad one. But you also were not a true Super Bowl contender that year, and then Mahomes takes over and you reach these heights. The point, the reason to me that Andy Reid Mike McCarthy analogy doesn't quite fit is Mike McCarthy had his version of Patrick Mahomes. It was Aaron Rodgers, and he made one Super Bowl in a decade. So I think it's a bad job.
Speaker 4: It's a bad job by Jerry keeping him all right. Next, so you laid out on your show. How Yeah, I'm coming down. That's something I'm sorry for all the listeners. Voice is gonna be a little.
Speaker 2: You're right, don't worry about it.
Speaker 3: But yeah, you laid out. This is the biggest game for nearly everybody on the Bills, most notably Josh Allen. They're the favorites at home and have the momentum on their side. Would you say that the biggest edge for the Chiefs right now is how big this game is for Buffalo.
Speaker 2: You know, the biggest edge for the Chiefs is that they're better. And I say these things and people immediately they're like, oh my god, what a Homer. And I laid this out on the TV show Yesterda. I'm going to lay it out again. The Bills win eleven and six and won their division and were considered terrifying. The Chiefs went eleven and six and won their division and it was considered disappointing. In a failure, Josh Allen had a worse passer rating than Patrick Mahomes, touchdown interception ratio than Patrick Mahomes, yards per attempt than Patrick Mahomes, completion percentage in Patrick Mahomes, and yards per game than Patrick Mahomes. Every single passing statistic Allen was worse than Mahomes. This year, Josh was considered an MVP candidate Mahomes. It was considered, what's wrong.
Speaker 3: Slightly with the passer rating that the passing numbers are they slightly better Mahomes.
Speaker 2: It's all very close. It's all very close. And so if the answer is because Josh is running if the golf, if you think the golf between Mahomes and Allen in how they were discussed this year, is equivalent to Josh is a better runner, I disagree, Mahomes. The it was we were Nobody was saying Josh Allen is broken as a passer. The offense is broken for the Bills. Nobody nationally and Mahomes across the board had better passing numbers. And it's just again, it's how we discussed the teams. The Bills have the number nine defense in the NFL. Nobody thinks it's a glaring weakness. The Chiefs, believe it or not, have the number nine offense in the NFL. It's their Achilles heel. So I am here to tell you it is. It is not that, oh, Nick, But they played before and the Bills won. They did, and you give them credit for that. The I think if you remember that game, it was a Cadarius Tony game. That to me is the definition of a coin flip game, a game that could go either way. And in that game, the Chiefs were without both of their starting linebackers, their left tackle and their running back, and the Bills were coming off a bye. The Chiefs were not in this game. The injury advantage is on the chief side rather than the Bill's side. The Bills played Monday, the Chiefs played Saturday, and all those guys the Chiefs were missing her back. So the biggest edge the Chiefs have is they're a better football team. And there are a lot of interesting elements to this game. And I'm wearing my no Gamble, No Future sweatshirt in part because I love it, but also because that is my buddy, Buffalo, Brent Hanks's television show, and I want him to have some you know, good vibes and good feelings leading up to Sunday, because Sunday is going to be so painful for him. Because when Sunday comes around and when the Chiefs win that game, what is Buffalo's next move? If you can't beat the Chiefs this year in this spot in your building, when are you going to? And credit to Bill Simmons because he he brought up this analogy and I thought it was really smart. He said, if the Bills don't win this game, are they the Atlanta Hawks of the nineteen eighties with Josh Allen being Dominique Wilkins. I was like, Oh, that's good. So once Dominique got to the Hawks, you know, once he was really really great. They lose to the Celtics in round two. Then the next year they lose to the Pistons in round two. Then the next year they lose to the Celtics in round two again. Eventually, you know, they lose to the Bulls. Once they lose to the Pistons. Can they never even make a conference final. The other reason that one works is one of their Round twos against the Celtics. That Game seven is one of the greatest NBA games ever played. They lost by two points in heartbreaking fashion, and Dominique, some would argue, outplayed bird. Dominique had forty seven and they lose by two. That's kind of the divisional round game. You could argue from a couple of years ago, the thirteen seconds game. So if they don't win this year, I don't know when they're winning. But I also don't like this bullsh that this is a rivalry. Not yet. It could be. If the Bills win Sunday, it's not a rivalry. If one team wins every big spot, it's not a rivalry. If the Chiefs in this era demans, what's the Chief's worst year in this era that you don't have to give me the year, but the worst result the Chiefs have had since Mahomes has been there.
Speaker 3: They lost some play lost in the playoffs of the Begels.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's exactly right. The overtime AFC Title Game lost two years ago was the Chief's worst season since Mahomes took over. What's the Bill's best year getting blown out in the AFC title four years ago by Kansas City. If we were to line up the best and worst of the Mahomes Allen era and rank them, the number one seed the Chiefs last year League MVP, Super Bowl Champion, number two seed the Chiefs in twenty nineteen Super Bowl Champion, the number three seed the Chiefs in twenty twenty went to the Super Bowl and lost. The number four seed the Chiefs in twenty eighteen League MVP, losing overtime in the AFC Title Game to Brady the number five seed the Chiefs in twenty twenty one, losing overtime to Joe Burrow in the AFC Title Game. The five best seasons for the Chiefs and Bills since they've had Mahomes and Allen are all Chiefs years. The best Bill's year would be the sixth seed losing in the AFC title game to the Chiefs and getting blown out, which is the long way of saying this the Chief's best year of this era. I'm sorry. The Chief's worst year of this era is better than the Bill's best year of the era by any definition, by any metric. So they lose this year, Buff And just think about even the context of how they've been discussed this week. The Chiefs win by nineteen against an eleven win team that had a fringe MVP candidate at quarterback. Eh, it was called out, What does it really matter. The Bills win by fourteen against a ten win team that made the playoffs on the final day of the year with their third string quarterback. Oh my god, the Bills are terrifying. Folks are trying to speak this into existence, but it does not yet exist. And so I'm excited to see the game. But the fact of the matter is, since Mahomes took over Chief season start, Conference championship game weekend. A great season you go to and zero. A disappointing season you go one and one, and an awful season you go zero to one. The Chiefs have had two great seasons, one disappointing season, and two awful seasons. The season this weekend will be a nice preamble to it for Kansas City, but that's what it is. And so we'll go out and see. And I'm gonna say one other piece of this because people, and by people, I mean my television co host, say Nick, so much of your argument is the history. And it's not just the history. It's that I just saw Mahomes play the best negative degree playoff game anyone's ever played. Rashi Rice is turning into a star, and they the best defense in the NFL. It's not just that, but yeah, I am looking to Mahomes's postseason history. Because Mahomes' postseason history, how has he lost? Well, I can tell you because it's only happened three times. He lost in twenty eighteen in the AFC title Game. In that game, the Chiefs were down ten points going into the fourth quarter. Mahomes led back to back touchdown drives. They're up twenty one to seventeen. The Patriots score with three and a half minutes left. Mahomes gets the ball back leads another go ahead drive. They're up twenty eight to twenty four. The Patriots score with thirty nine seconds left to take the lead. Mahomes leads another drive to tie the game. They lose the toss the Patriots the ball went in overtime. So that game, to beat Mahomes, you had to overcome the fact that he had three fourth quarter comebacks in the same game. The next time he lost was in the Super Bowl, got his ass kicked throughout the game. Bucks were better. Bucks deserved it. If you watch that game, Mahomes played kind of brilliantly despite the Vegas down four offensive linemen, but they got absolutely rolled. The only other game he's lost was the only time in his career he's played poorly in the postseason, which was over the second the overtime loss to Cincinnati when in the second half he semi melted down if you will, made the big mistake before halftime. It seemed to short circle him, and he played poorly in the second half. That's it. So what's the the reason that I think the history here matters is Patrick Mahomes in his career has played a dozen playoff games before the Super Bowl, He's ten and two, both losses in overtime. And it's thirty one touchdowns and three picks. I'll say that again. He has thirty one touchdowns and three picks. Patrick Owens has played seven Divisional Rounder wild card games. He's seven to zero with seventeen touchdowns and one pick. Seventeen touchdowns, one pick in the Divisional round of wildcard round. So yeah, the history there matters a lot to me. And I think the Chiefs have the better def right now, going into this week. Chiefs have the better quarterback, they have a better coach, they have the better defense. They've been a running back, they have a better tight end, and sneaky, they might have the better number one receiver, and it's gonna get real nervous up in Orchard Park, real nervous up in Orchard Park. And Demons, I saw you kind of grimace when I said they might have the number one, the better number one receiver. You go make some money on FanDuel. FanDuel projected totally. Well, I'm just saying, projected total yards for Digs sixty five, projected total yards for Rice seventy five. So the book makers, whether whoever they think is better, they think where she Rice is gonna have the bigger game, So take for that what you will next.
Speaker 3: They have to think where they think the quarterback's more likely to get the ball to them. But I hope, for your sake, the Chiefs win this game. So the Packers and Jordan Love are obviously coming off that upset versus the Cowboys, and now they're headed in to play the Niners. So what's your lack of your lack of faith in brock Party. You probably think there's a chance they could upset them. Correct, I don't know what if they come out there, you know, score a touchdown immediately, Rely, bron Party's playing from behind. No, No, I don't. So you think brock Party is good?
Speaker 2: Here you go the okay, go ahead, just keep going.
Speaker 3: I mean that's that's the question. What's the script for green Bay to pull off the upset? Oh?
Speaker 2: I don't think there's really a script. I don't think green Bay this game, So I don't listen. I no, I said, I don't think green Bay can win the game. I don't think green Bay can win the game. The Yes, you're right, I'd love it if they did, but I don't think they can. I would be shocked, really shocked, more shocked than Green Bay beating Dallas. If Green Bay were to win this game, I don't think the Green Bay defensive personnel can deal with the Niners offensive personnel. No again, the I don't. I'm not going to. I'm not really interested in continuing a five month long brock party argument. I'm not if people watch like that, we could have been having the same exact argument about TUA. It's the same thing. I'm not interested in having the argument the I do not and people people are treating credit like it is an infinite resource. It's not. It's a finite resource, and so people want me to give brock Purty more credit. But I view credit as, like I said, a zero sum game. In order to give to someone, you must take from someone. So I when I look at the Niners, I just look at a bunch of people who are, you know, first up at the credit pie before brock Purty, Kyle Shanna and Christian McCaffrey, a hand Ayuk Debo, a lot of guys. With that said, the only chance the Packers have to win this game is Purty melting down, and I don't think he will melt down. So if is that credit, I don't know if that's credit or not. I don't think brock perty is gonna come out and be bad. I think that Jordan Loves sh be good. This is not a shot at Jordan Love, but I don't I did not believe in the Packers defense before the Cowboys game. I don't believe in him now, even though they played well against Dallas, that to me was more about Dak melting down than it was anything Green Bay did. And so credit to Brock. I don't think he'll melt down, but I do not think it is realistic to believe in Green Bay this weekend. They've had a wonderful season and credit to them, and they are a scary team moving forward. But they are I mean, we'll get to my pick shortly. They are near ten point underdogs for a reason, for an absolute reason.
Speaker 3: Next so it is a do or die time for Lamar Jackson against the Texans rookie quarterback coach Combo. But we obviously know that Lamar was in this exact same position once upon a time ago won the MVP. He got the by got bounced out of the first round. Does anyone have more to lose this weekend than Lamar Jackson? Oh?
Speaker 2: Uh No? I mean, it's Lamar and it's a rough spot, but it's what it is. If it's not the same. But remember I always said on Tuesday that Dak's MVP adjacent season actually worked against him because of how he played in the postseason. The exact same story for Lamar. Lamar being so great this regular season actually will be weaponized against him if he plays poorly in the postseason and he doesn't have to win the Super Bowl. I don't even know that he has to make the super Bowl, Honest to god. If Lamar makes the AFC title game and just gets outdueled by Patrick Mahomes, then I don't think anyone's gonna kill him. I think people, I think the story coming out of that or even if you were out dueled by Josh Allen, which I don't think they're gonna play that game, but so be it, the story coming out of that game will be, Oh my god, Patrick Mahomes is freaking thanos Man. Even with this team this year, he's back in the Super Bowls.
Speaker 3: But if yeah, why did you pronounce it? If how do you say it thos?
Speaker 2: What do you mean? I thought that's what his name was. I'm not into the Marvel Cinematic Universe. I'm not sure I've read it. I've seen the memes with the Infinity Stones. I didn't know it's Thanos. Okay, so they'll think he's Thanos. Just the my apologies. Uh So. I don't think he has to win the super Bowl or even make the Super Bowl, but he has to win this game, has to and needs to play well in it. Right now, of the eight playoff quarterbacks remaining, Lamar has the lowest career playoff passer rating by far, the lowest career win percentage by far. It's a problem. And he cannot fall to one in four and have another bad passing game in the postseason at home, rested healthy as the one seed can't happen, and that's why there's more pressure on him than anyone. Here's the other thing. If it were, I know, Lamar is the gonna be the league MVP if it were to happen, Demanse, where does he start next year in AFC quarterback rankings?
Speaker 3: Are you saying if you were to like, are you just saying, if you were to get bounced out in the first round?
Speaker 2: Yeah, this round, I guess not the first round, So yeah, bounced bounced out by c J. Stroud and the Texans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 2: The answer is.
Speaker 3: Fifth, right outside of five?
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, yeah, I mean mahomes, CJ. Burrow, and Allen will all be if CJ is a rookie beats him on the road. Yeah, I mean Burrow has been awesome in the playoffs throughout his career, had big moments. Josh Allen obviously has had some amazing moments in the postseason. You're not the no one's even gonna be able to make a credible argument that he's in the top four, and so it's a tough spot for him, man. And now again this is.
Speaker 3: The most equipped they've ever been to do it.
Speaker 2: In my opinion is you're right, and Mark Andrews is coming back.
Speaker 3: So I don't know if that's I don't know if that's good or bad, to be honest, but uh, trying to stick with why.
Speaker 2: You think he might go to him too often?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we should stick to what's been working. And you know, obviously Andrew's gotta play ork him in there, but the likely situation is it's been working.
Speaker 2: So yeah, no, that's fair.
Speaker 3: It's so in practicing moving around he still doesn't look one, which is.
Speaker 2: I No, I mean, I'm it's not guaranteed that he's gonna play this weekend, but I'm saying he's eligible to be able to play this weekend, all right, last one?
Speaker 3: All right. So arguably nobody's riding higher than the Lions right now. But Tampa's got something brewinged with Baker in that defense? Would the Niners? Would the Niners sneaky rather play Detroit than Tampa, I think.
Speaker 2: But no, No, Listen, if the Niners path to the Super Bowl is the nine and eight Packers followed by the nine and eight Bucks, they're pretty happy. Detroit, on the other hand, could present some problems in this regard. Detroit might be able to truly get in a shootout with him. Detroit, I don't think could stop San Francisco, but I think that Detroit could, in the right circumstances, could score with San Francisco if that offensive line can block it up. And so, No, the Niners would much much rather play Tampa. It would be a great story for Baker to be in the NFC title game, but that's a tough putt. I think the Eagles, being so poorly coached and seemingly being so just over the season made us maybe slightly overstate the personnel Tampa has. So listen, this is a hell of a year by Baker, a very successful season by Tampa, but they're in a rough spot against Detroit. Go ahead to Monte.
Speaker 3: I just want to say that the Bucks are going to win this game, and I'm on the record saying it. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Whose that's a perfect segue.
Speaker 2: We'll do our pick segment next What's Right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Wright, Episode two, poh nine. This episode is brought to you by US Bank. Winter can be a drag. Thankfully, we have sports to get us through this part of the year, and if you ask me, nothing goes together like your favorite foods and your favorite teams. Especially in the wintertime. We've got the NFL Playoffs Pro basketball. You can just stay inside and watch your teams until it finally gets warm out in the US Bank altitude. Go Visa signature card provides the perfect way to earn rewards, whether watching your team with other super fans at a local restaurant or in the comfort of your living room. Earn four times points when you dine out or have food delivered. Maybe order a pizza and watch the Big Game on your big screen TV, and you can earn two times points at grocery stores, which is great no matter what you're making at home, and if you're willing to brave the elements, even getting to the game can be rewarding, as you'll learn two times points at gas stations and ev charging stations. Go to usbank dot com slash altitude go to learn more about how you can earn twenty thousand bonus points worth two hundred dollars if you spend one thousand dollars in the first ninety days of opening your account. Score big with the US Bank Altitude Go. Visa signature card Visit usbank dot com slash altitude go to apply and live every day your way limited time offer. Creditor and issuer of this card is US Bank National Association. Pursue it to a license from Visa USA Incorporated. Some restrictions may apply. All right, so demands. We can show you last week's picks. For me, I went three and three, but in reality I went three and two. We'll call it three and three. But the Pittsburgh plus ten if you listen to the show, there is a lot of snow wind Blizzard analysis. The game then got moved. It's so three and three is the real record, because if they would have somehow gotten that backdoor cover, we would have gotten the win. But still not really. I feel like I got two games dead well. I got two games dead wrong this weekend, one game semi wrong that I ended up winning. I thought the Rams were gonna win outright. I think I picked twenty seven to twenty four Rams. The Rams end up losing butt covering Kansas City and easy cover against Miami and Tampa, which I said was gonna win out right, And I can't, you know what. I'm not one to demand credit, but I'm gonna demand credit on this. I said on television on Friday Demanse that we're going to know the Nick Sirianni era in Philly is dead when in this game against Tampa they go for two via tush push and don't get it. And then in the game they went for two via toush push and didn't get it. And that's not that that might be the best sports prediction anyone made all year. I just is it called that specific thing happening?
Speaker 3: And yeah, go ahead, I don't remember. I thought you. I know you said something about the toush push and the and the Bucks stopping, and I didn't know you said anything about it being on a two point conversion. I remember that part of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's the It's check my Twitter. I put out the video, all right, Demanse. Also, by the way, my Super Bowl Exact is dead, which means my preseason bets were terrible. All right, we'll just move on. It's okay. We don't need to show it. We know it's red, we know Dallas is out. All right, let's go to the games this weekend.
Speaker 3: All right. You've got Houston plus nine and a half at Baltimore.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Houston can win the game, outright, and I certainly like them getting almost ten points. Lamar sneaky bad.
Speaker 3: Win the game outright, Yeah, the game out right. I've actually made sacrifices for Lamar. I've got a cold right now, so he could not get one.
Speaker 2: But oh, okay, oh that's good. I appreciate that. But Lamar on extra rest one in six against the spread, Lamar one in eight against the spread is a favorite of greater than seven and a half. But now one of this year. Now one of those I don't know if that's just this year. By the way, one of those games was against Houston Week one, but I'm gonna throw out the Houston Week one game entirely anything that happened the first I mean, that's the first game of Stroud's career, the first game with Damiko as head coach. I don't care about that. Lamar. Obviously, CJ. Stroud currently has a far better playoff resume than Lamar Jackson, and I need to see it from Lamar. And so I'm getting nine and a half points from a team that I think absolutely can win. Out right, I'll take Houston plus nine and a half. The Ravens are your team, go right ahead?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, geez man, I just it's crazy how you take the Houston plus nine and a half and didn't and you don't want to take Green Bay plus nine and a half. It's telling me, obviously you got more faith in CJ. Stroud than Jordan Love. So I guess it's fair, but uh no.
Speaker 2: It's also it's also the teams they're going against. And I think the Niners are a better team than Baltimore from top to bottom, and I trust the Niners in the playoffs more than I trust Baltimore. All right, next, I mean.
Speaker 3: Fair enough, go ahead? Yeah, my bad. Next, you got San Francisco minus nine and a half versus Green Bay.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, this just feels like a game that San Francisco gets out to a fourteen to three lead and does exactly what they want to do. This feels like a game that San Francisco controls.
Speaker 3: If we win that toss in a second way.
Speaker 2: Listen, if it's close in the second half, I think Jordan Love can throw a real scare into San Francisco. I don't think it'll be close in the second half. San Francisco ten times this year or eleven times this year is won by double digits. That's the most in football. Green Bay struggles to run the ball, so they're gonna be in a drop back passing game against this Niners pass rush and Kyle Shanahan. How about this is the only coach since nineteen ninety to be undefeated against the spread as a playoff home favorite. And so I just the I would obviously like if Green Bay, you know, made this a game. This is why you fight all year for the one seed. So you can get the seventh seed if they upset the two. You can get the team that just had their mini super Bowl by winning that game against Dallas while you've been resting, and you get the worst team remaining in the bracket. That's your reward of being the one seed. San Francisco earned it. I like San Francisco in that spot.
Speaker 3: Next, you got Tampa Bay plus seven at Detroit.
Speaker 2: So I don't think Tampa wins outright, but I think this a can be a close game and b great backdoor cover potential. Uh Baker has covered every playoff game of his career. He's two to one. The only team to eat Baker Mayfield in the playoffs they can't say Chiefs remember that. I also think there is a potential for a slow start from Detroit because of the emotional letdown of last week, their first home playoff game, playing Stafford all of that, where Tampa can jump out to maybe a seven to nothing lead and Detroit all of a sudden's in a dog fight throughout the game. I do like Detroit to win this game, but it feels like a twenty three to twenty type of game. I think that a lot of the blitzes Todd Bowles and the Bucks did last week are not gonna work against Detroit. But seven points is too many points, and so I'll take Tampa plus the seven.
Speaker 3: Next next you got Kansas City plus two and a half at Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Listen. So there's this funny thing going around these terrible NFL aggregators. You know, there's like been this all of a sudden surplus of these NFL accounts that are like a couple initials in the word football, and they do none of their own reporting, none of their own anything. They just fire out other people's thoughts, tweet stats or whatever so they can gain followers and make money off, you know, Musk's Twitter. So one of them tweeted out unfair. Patrick Mahomes is eight and two in his career with the ref for Chiefs Bills like oh basically the fixes in and that is such a hilarious tweet because eight and two means he wins eighty percent of his games refed by this guy, Patrick Mahomes wins eighty percent of his games.
Speaker 3: I saw that tweet.
Speaker 2: Literally, He's eighty six and twenty five in his career, which means for every ten games he wins eight of them, and so like the So mahomes as good as his winning percentages overall as an underdog, He's only been an underdog ten times in his career. He's eight one and one against the spread, seven and three straight up, Andy Reid. Now you guys are calling this extended rest. I don't call this really extended rest. It's one day more than you normally get, but it's two more days than Buffalo got. The Chiefs are the first time the Chiefs played the Bills. They not have their left tackle, their running back, they're starting inside linebacker, or their backup inside linebacker, and they still had the game one if it wasn't stolen from them in a theft of the ages on the Kadarias Tony play. I spent twenty minutes discussing this game earlier. I don't need to do it here. Kansas City's the better team, Kansas City's going to win outright, and the Bills are gonna have a really, really long offseason. Ask themselves, how do we ever beat this team? All right? So my picks for this weekend are Houston plus nine and a half, San Francisco laying nine and a half, Tampa plus seven, and Kansas City plus two and a half. All right, what's the offer this week?
Speaker 3: Oh? All right, this one's called Demon Day's Guys Lamar party and love all to have over one and a half passing touchdowns at plus four hundred and you can even throw thank you? Okay, So I'm guessing if you don't, I'm guessing you don't have faith in Lamar to throw two passing touchdowns.
Speaker 2: That's correct. Yeah, and listen, and McCaffrey might end even if the Niners score thirty five, It could McCaffrey could snipe a lot of those touchdowns. But yeah, listen, I gotta I gotta see it to believe it, Lamar. Sorry, we play a new game called blindly Right. Plus I give my girl Scout cookies. Rant we'll do all that next.
Speaker 3: What's right?
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back in What's You Everything?
Speaker 3: Great?
Speaker 2: Episode two nine? We'll get let's right now, get to a new game. It's called blindly Right, Demons, Can you explain it to the audience?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So we've got a new game called blindly Right. So we all obviously know that you're super confident in your takes, but we want to see if you can do them without looking. So I'm going to give you five potential outcomes to the Chiefs Bills game, and you tell me which one you would like the best or will be the best for you. The ketchet is right, but I.
Speaker 2: Don't know what all the possibilities are.
Speaker 3: Right, The catches that you're not going to know what the next thing is that I say. So we're gonna start off by giving you two totally totally polar opposites just to set it up. So, first off, you've got up I'm sorry, guys. First off, you got Chiefs that one, right, I mean, you've.
Speaker 2: Got seeing it right there, Casey blows out the Bills and the Bills blow up. The Chiefs is seven. So now you're gonna throw stuff at me and I'm gonna rank it. But I have to try to figure out what you know. Okay, I understand the game. I've seen this on the internet before. They do this sometimes for like player rankings, but they don't tell.
Speaker 3: Your favorite song. Okay, go ahead this that yeah, all right. So first we've got Bills win, but you hit a plus twenty thousand dollars parlay twenty thousand. Sorry, Bill, you want to put that one out?
Speaker 2: If the Bills win. I won't give it about the parlay.
Speaker 3: Okay, we're putting that at six.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna put that at five.
Speaker 3: Five, I'm gonna put that at five.
Speaker 2: Bills win, but I make some money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go ahead, next, all right, So it's next we have Chiefs win, but the ref's hand them the game. That's so stupid.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's just there is so dumb. Uh. I'm gonna put that at uh. I mean, I know how you guys work, so I think you guys are gonna.
Speaker 3: Have more.
Speaker 2: More Bill's win outcomes than Chiefs win outcomes. So I'm gonna put that at three.
Speaker 3: At three, Okay, it's a controversial call. So next, off, we've got Chiefs lose and you get blamed for jinxing them.
Speaker 2: M that's four.
Speaker 3: That's four chiefs. Yeah, that's four, all right? Next next you got Chiefs win. Wait what Yeah, cause you explained your thought process on that being four. Yeah, you wouldn't want to put that at last.
Speaker 2: It's just four. No, I'm not explaining it. Just go explain. I want to see how this goes.
Speaker 3: The Chiefs win, but Alan out plays my home skill, little anxious.
Speaker 2: Don't give a ship number two okay.
Speaker 3: Bills win and then they mentioned you as bullets and more material.
Speaker 2: There you go, perfect. I nailed this. I nailed this exactly right. I mean I I got this exactly right as to where I where I would want this. So I wasn't really the the stuff like this like I'm not really I'm not giving analysis about this because it's a theoretical of a theoretical of a theoretical. I'm just trying to outsmart the producers. And I did. I knew exactly how you guys would line this up. I did not have a single Bill's win at higher ranked than the Chiefs winning. I got a perfect score on that. So that's so I feel gratified and satisfied. Daniels in my air saying, explain it, trying to throw me off. No, I won't explain it. I'm just going to nail it. That's what's gonna happen there, all right. You guys wanted my girl Scout cookie rant. So here's what it is. Kids should sell their own damn cookies. What is the whole idea? It's you don't post it at work, you don't send out an email, you don't tweet the link. It is not a contest of hey, girls, girls out there, which of your parents has the biggest social media following or has the biggest job at work, to where people feel pressure that they have to buy from this person. The whole I listen, if we're being honest here, the whole thing's kind of a little scam adjacent to begin with. If I'm Keebler, I'm super pissed about this thing even existing, Like, I'm not sure what the tax status is any of this stuff. But the reason that it's gotten a that we've all agreed with it is it's like, oh, a little entrepreneurship, go knock on some doors, cute kids for the neighbors, all of it. And then all of a sudden people were like, oh, guys, reply all email that time of year again, who wants to order for my kid? Like huh? And then yesterday I saw people you like on Twitter like, hey, here's the link to my kid's Girl Scout stuff. That's not the point of this. If the ultimately we all know this, the girl the Girl Scout cookies, you know, are enriching someone. We'll call it, you know, the Big Girl Scout Corporation.
Speaker 3: Aches Girl Scouts can you get Girl Scout cookies outside of Girl Scout Girl Scouts Cookie Season? Like can you just buy them anywhere?
Speaker 2: I don't know the answer that I don't know.
Speaker 3: People like what if when that email gets sent, its like, oh my gosh, like it's finally that season again, gotta get my Girl Scout cookies like they wouldn't have otherwise. I'm saying that some people probably get happy, Okay, And.
Speaker 2: What I'm saying is because you are a generation that thinks like, oh, you wouldn't know it's Girl Scout Cookie season without the email, because for the last decade, the way people for all of time found out it was a Girl Scout Cookie season, someone rings their door, or you go to the grocery store, there's a little stand set up. It's like, oh, it's Girl Scout Cookie Season. Sweet. I'll take either a couple of boxes because I don't really like it, but I appreciate your ingenuity and I appreciate your stick touitiveness, or I'll take one hundred boxes because I love it. No, and then take that off the gosh darned screen. I do not hate Girl Scouts. I actually am. I dislike parents, uh, working the system against the idea of it, the whole idea here, the idea. The reason Girl Scout Cookies exist as a thing is not because we all decided years ago, you know what, not enough sweet treats available to us, we need something like why it's the It would be like to me, the Girl Scout cookies are like Pinewood Derby cars for boy Scouts. Right, the idea there is not this. The market has demanded this void be filled. We as a society need more wooden cars made by poor engineers. It wasn't that, it was hey, the kids are gonna learn something from this. So if all of a sudden Pinewood Derby cars you just saw everywhere, it's like, hey, Pinewood Derby season. If anyone knows somebody in the Mario Andretti family that'd like to make this for my kid, I'd like to win the contest, we'd say, well, that's dumb. That's not the point. The idea of Girl Scout Cookie Season was these girls take pride in it, have to put in work, and the winner is the one who knocked on enough doors, was cute enough to get someone to buy some extra All these things. It has now been perverted to the winner is the one whose parent has four hundred thousand followers on Instagram and everybody buys from them. It's dumb, it's wrong. It defeeds the purpose. So that's my rant.
Speaker 3: I had to sell chocolate bars at Liatoba once upon a time and I just ate them all. So it's probably probably would have been good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, but you did I I that happened, and you know what, And there is always like this whole thing of my kid needs to raise money for X. I'm gonna basically do a go fund me for It defeats the purpose. The purpose is the selling, not the sales. The reason they get prizes is because it's supposed to reward the kid who worked the hardest, not the one whose parent works in a big enough office that they can pressure the other people. Like what if Gabe sent out to all a Blue Duck. It's Girl Scout Cookie season. Gabe's the boss Girl Scout Cookie Season, and what if and it's like, all right, I'm not saying who you're gonna buy from, but it's Girl Scout Cookie season. Here's the link to my kids thing. And then what if new Father Matt also as a kid selling Girl Scout Cookies and it's like, well, gosh darn it, now it's not gonna get the brand new twelve speed. Gabe's kid is because Gabe trump me on this. That's nonsense. It's not how it's supposed to go.
Speaker 3: What somebody Caden Wolf said, bros like Aaron Rodgers versus Big Pharma, but it's Nick versus Big Cookie.
Speaker 2: Well no, I actually think Big Cookies should be pissed, like I uh if I again like, and I'm not and I assume this is a tax dodge to begin with. I should have researched this, but I didn't even know it was coming up. Girl, I'm I'm googling it real quick. Girl Scout Cookies tax tax right off? Hold on, is my purchase of Girl Scout Cookies tax deductible? If you buy Girl Scout Cookies and take the cookies home to consume them, you purchased probably a fair market value. For this reason, they're not tax deductible. Oh hold on, this is okay, So that's good. Are Girl Scout Cookies somehow a tax scam? I'm uh, let me se see that.
Speaker 3: Scouts.
Speaker 2: Oh but there, listen, I'm just letting you know there's something I I haven't done the research on this. Now I am gonna sound like Aaron Rodgers. You know what I mean. I've done one cursory Internet search and pretend like I'm an expert. I'm not sure, but I feel like Keebler should be pissed about it. Oh, you know, that's what I want to find out. Actually, hold on who actually makes Girl Scout Cookies. Currently, two commercial bakers are licensed by Girl Scout Cookies, ABC Bakers and Little Brownie Bakers. This is again from Girl Scouts Dot Org. So they're in on it, like I want to know. Oh, there go nine things you didn't know about Girl Scout Cookies. I'm gonna read that report back. Here's what I do know. I'm not buying them from your list serve. I'm buying them from a child that knocks on my door and takes your check that I give to them, and I may or may not ever get them.
Speaker 3: That's you're gonna give them a check?
Speaker 2: Typically, I think I buy his Girl Scout Cookies via check in my mind, not handing this cash all of a sudden, they could get rolled in the streets like I'm giving them a check. The check's gonna get cashed and I may or may not ever get them. That's the idea.
Speaker 3: He's gonna cast that check for their Parents shouldn't be involved.
Speaker 2: The parents can help. Let the parents walk with them, parents help them set it up. The parents don't use their social media clout or work pressure to get other people to buy them. It's very simple. I don't I think this is something everyone should agree with. All right, what are the questions?
Speaker 3: All right? So producers asked, did you see Lloyd's retarding to Jeopardy. I think we're gonna show a link. I think that we got a picture of them. This guy's always on Jeopardy, Man, what's going on.
Speaker 2: I'm so happy for Lloyd because he's awesome, because Louis I know. I'm not sure. I just know that I'm car There was a whole bunch of sports media people on Celebrity Jeopardy and I wouldn't one of them. So I'm like, legit bitter about that. But I also want to get on Real Jeopardy. But in the meantime, since I haven't been able to, I'll take Celebrity Jeopardy and I will kill folks like don't like I'm gonna sound arrogant here. I don't mean it. I would a Ken Jennings style run if they let me on Celebrity Jeopardy, like me against other just dopey media people for in a in a knowledge competition. Oh my goodness? All right? Next?
Speaker 3: Uh Dwight of the Dead asked how do I spend on How much do I spend on Girl Scale cookies this year?
Speaker 2: What are they? Four bucks a box? If if you're buying them via someone at work sending an email, buy one box just to be like I saw your email. I'm buying one box. Don't send it to it again. If you're buying it from a child that knocks on your door, twenty five boxes, minimum one hundred bucks. That's the answer.
Speaker 3: Next, all right?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Nora arigezs a question for Deman, say, what would the house be like during the Super Bowl if it was for if it was for your guys Jordan Love versus Nick nixt Guy Mames. Well, I wouldn't be there. That might be a situation where we have to end up watching that together, but it'd be pretty crazy, and I mean, I don't think I would feel great about it. Win or lose but he'd have to eat a lot of words.
Speaker 2: That answer is no, no, no. The answer is we'd both be rooting for the Chiefs. It would already be a win for Jordan Love, and so you would be obligated to root for the Chiefs or I couldn't watch it with you. I want to leave it on this. I got an email from a guy named Mel Springs that wrote this. The headline was your boy, Demonse Nick. I've noticed a personality trait which is common among us all, in particular with Demonse. He likes or plants his flag for players that somehow resemble him. His hilarious take about Jordan Poole averaging thirty, and now how he's all in on Jordan Love. What's the same In these situations they both somewhat resemble Demonse Love. And then it was a very nice rest of the message about the podcast, and we appreciate that, Mel. But I thought about it. I was like, you know what he might be onto something he might like Jordan. I mean, listen, Jordan Poole legit reminds me of you. Jordan Love not so much, but there is I guess I'd put it like this, of all the starting NFL Corps backs. He looks the most like you the available options.
Speaker 3: Maybe I'm secretly doing that and like I just don't know it, but no, I mean.
Speaker 2: That guy that guy was saying was is that it's subconscious. Is that people What that guy was saying is that people do it without even knowing they're doing it, That it's subconscious.
Speaker 3: Oh, copy psychological thing exactly. Yeah, man, I want to see the guy that looks like me, but be great, let's I get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there, the chiefs are going to roll the bills. I hope everyone enjoys it. Talk to you guys on Tuesday. What's right? Hey, it's Nick right. Thank you so much for watching. Please do us a favor. Click subscribe. It helps my ego and Demonsy's got a financial bonus writing on a number of YouTube subscribers will help him out. And also click the bell. I don't know what the bell does, and they tell me to tell you to click to bell. And you're audio listeners, people that have commute strives, whatever it is, subscribe to the podcast as well. Wherever you get the podcast, same show, just you know, just in your ears instead of through your eyes. All that. Check it out appreciate your for ship