Speaker 1: Hey there, fan Ritos, Welcome back to a brand new episode of How Rude Tanner Ritos. For today's minisode, we took ourselves over to the full House subreddit once again, where fans shared more of their unpopular opinions of the show. So obviously we had to go through and pick some of our favorites, and we're going to tell you whether or not we agree. So let's get into it.
Speaker 2: There are some great ones here. I'm very excited.
Speaker 1: I know this is great, and I'm curious of your opinion if you agree or disagree with these.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm curious.
Speaker 1: Usually we're aligned on these things, but I don't know.
Speaker 3: Maybe we'll see, it'll be different, we'll see.
Speaker 1: Okay, So the first unpopular opinion, everything Michelle does kind of makes sense for her age and the care free environment Danny set up for her.
Speaker 3: I don't know that, Oh really, I just don't.
Speaker 4: I think the things the thing about makes sense for her age. I guess I'm wondering, like what specific action he is referring to, Like, does things that make sense?
Speaker 2: I mean other than like the shoving sugar in their.
Speaker 1: Face, which is every kid does that, but that's a kid thing. Well, This was kind of a light bulb moment for me because you know, Michelle gets a lot. You know, people give Michelle, the character of Michelle a hard time, as do we sometimes. But I think it's less about Michelle and more about the parenting of her and how they let her get away with everything. There's some favorites, for sure.
Speaker 2: Michelle gets away with the murder.
Speaker 1: Right, So maybe that's the problem that people have with Michelle. It's not Michelle, it's the way the treat her.
Speaker 4: Well, yeah, I mean she does kind of get away.
Speaker 2: With everything in the acting the.
Speaker 4: Thing, you know what I mean, Like the attitude is hilarious for a joke, but if your kid was actually doing that, you'd be like, knock it off.
Speaker 1: Right, right, So so I think I kind of agree with it, I mean without more specific.
Speaker 4: But I do.
Speaker 2: I I get it.
Speaker 4: Michelle uh is on her own. She is a latchkey kid that doesn't even leave the house.
Speaker 1: Right right, She's left alone.
Speaker 5: They but they honestly, like that's not a bad thing, like to leave like your kids left alone, I mean, not like in isolation, but like you know, like to like And I guess because I was an only child, I learned this very like I learned that you have to kind of find ways to entertain yourself to somebody else.
Speaker 4: That's very important and so and but I think it is. It's like an important lesson, Like, you know, the kids will be here and like I'm blured. I'm like, well, you're gonna live through. It is not going to kill you.
Speaker 1: This is a big distinct difference between the nineties and now now. I think kids are very over scheduled, schedule, never get to bed over yeah right, yeah, and so they're not creative. There's no creative outlets because they're just being told what to do.
Speaker 3: There's no problem something.
Speaker 2: That's the biggest thing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you need your kid to go out and fail a little mm hm, learn themselves up, you know, and.
Speaker 1: Without mom and dad rescuing, it sucks.
Speaker 2: And it's hard and sometimes you feel awful.
Speaker 4: But like sometimes when you know your kids trying to figure something out and they're panicked and they call you and you're like, I can't I can't deal with this right now, And they got to figure it out on their own.
Speaker 1: Yeah, very importantizer important skills. So they were setting Michelle up for success later in her life. Yeah, it was leaving her alone all the time.
Speaker 4: Although maybe it does make sense now why she didn't come back. Maybe there was she just had some real resentment against the family and that's why they didn't.
Speaker 2: You know, they didn't speak in years, and.
Speaker 1: We should That's the series that needs to be done those in between years. What happened between full House and Florehouse, the lost.
Speaker 2: Lost years of stuff was insane.
Speaker 4: I know that.
Speaker 2: Kimmy jim Jimmy Kimmy was traveling the world with a race car driver, and.
Speaker 1: That'd be like three shows in one.
Speaker 4: Next we have everyone trashes Joey and his comedy and yes he sucks as an adult comic, but as Ranger Joe he was super fun and in real life kids would love that show.
Speaker 2: Absolutely. I agree with that one.
Speaker 1: Well, I agree with the last part. I don't agree.
Speaker 2: I don't agree.
Speaker 1: I'm feeling defensive about he's a bad Joey, common Joey.
Speaker 2: I know Joey's comedy is more.
Speaker 3: It's very juvenile, and let's be fair, we.
Speaker 4: Love it, know Dave, But Dave also Dave has the sense of humor of a twelve year old boy.
Speaker 3: You know what I mean?
Speaker 2: So true? Yeah, like bathroom humor, all of that, it's still there.
Speaker 4: But no, the Ranger Joe though, Yeah, I would have.
Speaker 1: Joe's a perfect fit for him. Yes, so I would say he's a good comedian. He's not a bad comedian, but he just has a style that lends itself more to kitty adult comedy.
Speaker 4: Pro like voices, impressions, Yes, puppetry, prop comedy, propertry.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's all of it. Properetry.
Speaker 3: They just made that up right now, I'm keeping it.
Speaker 1: Instead of puppetry, it's propertry.
Speaker 2: I can't even say it propetry.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, so I know I'm just too defensive about David Like he was a great comedy.
Speaker 4: But Joey, I can see why he might be struggling with his comic career a little bit, but I.
Speaker 2: Can see why he would be successful at a kid Joe.
Speaker 3: He would be be great totally.
Speaker 1: He has found his calling with Ranger Joe, and yep, Ranger Joe.
Speaker 3: I'm happy for him, very happy for him.
Speaker 1: Okay, so we ultimately agree with this one. Could they could have phrased it a little bit nicer, I think, but that's just me. Okay, Oh, numbers, here's a big one. Kimmy and Stephanie are the best duo.
Speaker 2: I agree, I totally agree. I totally agree. One remove myself through fuller right.
Speaker 3: Well, And I'm trying.
Speaker 1: I tried so hard to look at this objectively.
Speaker 2: Because actually I think we sucked. No, I think we were.
Speaker 1: The best duo because we challenged each other, we annoyed each other, but then we grew together and became these surrogate sisters by choice. And that's a big one eighty for a duo.
Speaker 4: And I think too that like Kimmy and Stephanie at the base of it, like they're both really funny, and this was almost like they were just like trying out material on each other, you know what I mean, Like the insults and stuff were so great that it was like you'd kind of just do that with somebody, be like, you know what, money for this, and then throw it back and.
Speaker 1: It's actually a very secure relationship with you can insult somebody so bad and they still keep coming back together.
Speaker 3: So yeah, it.
Speaker 4: Wasn't like they ever, you know, like fought thought it was just silly, snarky little comments about being annoying, and I.
Speaker 2: Thought it was hilarious, But I really do think.
Speaker 4: I think kim Kimmy and Stephanie have a great dynamic as far as like being opposites and yet also similar in some ways and both.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I just I agree.
Speaker 1: Thanks guys, fun and ever since the day one, like you and I have loved our bits, We've always loved our Yeah, yes we are biased, but yes, but I are also correct.
Speaker 4: I'll say, Okay, I will I don't even need to be the best duo, but I'll take I'll take.
Speaker 2: One of the best.
Speaker 4: You know what I mean, Like I don't, I don't need to be I'll take one.
Speaker 1: I guess I really like Jesse and Joe. They're probably number two behind us. But like Jesse Becky, I don't. I wouldn't call them a duo. They're just sort of a couple an unhealthy they're very couple sometimes. But like Danny and VICKI, Kimmy and DJ they were a great doa but there was not enough like fighting or a conflict. Yeah, we just were best friends. So yeah, I would say, yeah, I agree, Stephanie and Kimmy best do one of the best.
Speaker 4: Do its.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 4: Making Danny a clean freak was totally unnecessary and made him extremely unlikable. Disagree, I don't you know what, I'm gonna give him a half point on this, like a half agreement in that I don't know that it made him unlikable, but making it his whole personality.
Speaker 2: Was the thing that like I kind of you know what I mean, Like, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just felt like the only thing that we really knew about Danny is that he liked to be clean, and he liked to be clean.
Speaker 2: Didn't start off.
Speaker 4: The show like that, so we know that there's you know, I just that was that's my halfway. Yeah, okay, it didn't get on board to be his entire personality.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it like if in the earlier seasons it was I thought it was endearing. It was right on target with his type A personality. But then they went a little they took it too far right in the later seasons, and it was just like now you're cramming it down our throats and it's not funny anymore. Where as I thought it was funny. He's just the neurotics, just trying to keep it together. So yeah, we'll give him half half points.
Speaker 2: Yeah for that agreement.
Speaker 1: That's fair. Number five there aren't really any bad episodes. I have my favorites and ones that are less memorable, but in the moment of watching any of the episodes, I'm amused and along for.
Speaker 3: The ride, except for Secrews.
Speaker 2: So what does bad me.
Speaker 1: In this context? Does that mean it's unwatchable?
Speaker 2: I mean, that's the thing? What is what's the bad? What is like?
Speaker 4: Bad? Full House is a different bar than you know, bad West Wing, you know, right right? So I mean, I agree, I don't think there's really any bad episodes, but save Secrews. See, I think that's the only Maybe Howie, oh god, I wasn't even gonna say about Howie. The Howie was annoying, but the episode it's well, Now, that was a that was a weird that was it was a Michelle obsession thing not having any friends.
Speaker 1: So I think there's episodes where the storylines didn't quite work and the jokes didn't quite land. But I wouldn't call them bad. They just weren't.
Speaker 4: I would never look, there's nothing that like is totally yeah, unwatchable.
Speaker 2: I mean, at least for us. I'm sure that there are plenty of people out there that would disagree with that.
Speaker 1: Well, and reminder, folks, we are just finishing up season five, and I think some of the worst episodes are in the later half. Yes, so we maybe revisit this.
Speaker 4: Right because at the end of season eight, if there's any bad episodes, and we might have a.
Speaker 3: List, we might have a whole list. Yes, all right.
Speaker 4: Unpopular opinion is then Vicky's vibes were always off and she wasn't right for Danny.
Speaker 1: Big disagree, big disagree.
Speaker 2: I disagree.
Speaker 1: I thought they were endgame.
Speaker 2: I thought Danny and Vicky were were great for each other.
Speaker 1: I thought so too. I thought she was great for him, especially because she found his neuroses endearing. She was nurturing, but she was just a strong She had a strong character and didn't sacrifice that to be with him. Like she was just like I am me and you are you, and we're going to love each other.
Speaker 4: And I no, I really liked I liked Vicky and Danny you know what they mean by the vibes were off?
Speaker 2: Like what you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: Was she too controlling? Was she too just not his type? Like I want to.
Speaker 1: Think about the few women that he's dated in until now, and he never really.
Speaker 4: Clicked Two out of three, which were Debbie Gregory, Right, are you folding.
Speaker 3: Sack my back?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: He just clicked.
Speaker 1: He had that chemistry, you know, Danny and he had a lot of chemistry together, which I don't think he had with everyone else.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 1: I disagree with this. I disagree, Sorry, redditor, you're wrong. Okay, Next, unpopular opinion. Having both Jesse and Joey in the house was overkill at some point?
Speaker 2: Yeah, not in the beginning.
Speaker 1: No, not in the beginning. So you're thinking later.
Speaker 4: Something later season when the kids are when you've got a middle schooler and a high schooler, and like, like, you don't.
Speaker 1: Need a whole family, the whole family upstairs.
Speaker 2: I feel like you don't need although I don't know, I mean that's true.
Speaker 1: When was this we need the we need more contact? Right, you're going to post an unpopular opinion. Tell us what season you're referring to earlier seasons? Later seasons.
Speaker 2: But I would say not in the first bit.
Speaker 1: Now, the first half of the series.
Speaker 4: Someone could make an argument that, like, do you really need three.
Speaker 2: Adults to take care of three kids? And then four.
Speaker 3: When Becky moved in? Right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, okay, yeah, and when the kids are getting older, like DJ is a teenager and you can watch yourself by the end of the series. So okay, so yeah, I disagree if we're talking about early seasons. I perhaps agree if we're talking about like season eight, where it's like, yeah, you don't, you don't need all these parental units. It's just it's just about free rent at that point.
Speaker 4: Exactly this one, uh in regards to Jesse and Joey's relationship.
Speaker 2: So the unpopular opinion is that you.
Speaker 4: Could read Jesse and Joey's relationship under a queer lens.
Speaker 1: I can see that. Well, okay, let's this means that what does this mean? This means the characters are written as queer, or that their relationship resonates with queer themes.
Speaker 4: I would go, I would think that it's that it goes with queer themes, resonates if their relationship could be seen as queer.
Speaker 3: Oh, is that it?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 3: Well, no, I don't.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: No, I don't think they were written as queer.
Speaker 2: I don't. Yeah, I didn't.
Speaker 4: Well, I I look, I love to look through a gay lens as much as anyone of trust me, but I don't know. If I pick up the vibes from Jesse and Joey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can, I can see. I can see these themes as far as like domestic partnership. They don't just live together, they co parents, They share responsibility.
Speaker 4: To each other, and you know each other, so that's specific.
Speaker 1: It's had to be clear. Yeah, that's true.
Speaker 2: I don't know that.
Speaker 1: Well, we're talking about like the eighties and nineties, and like emotional intimacy between men was not seen in any of these shows at the time. So maybe that's where this unpopular opinion is coming from. Is that they hug each other and they support each other emotionally, and they support each other in their jobs, and they apologize to each other. So maybe that's maybe I don't know, that's what they're seeing.
Speaker 4: Is I don't know, or somebody just really wants to picture Jesse and Joey as a couple and that's hey, fine too. I'm sure there's plenty of fan fiction out there, there's lots of Hey there them enjoy I'm all good with whatever, But I don't know that I saw that. I see necessarily their dynamic, although I'd be interested to see to get more information. As far as like, what parts of their relationship do you see as or do we think that this is why Jesse is over compensating for everything that maybe it's.
Speaker 2: Some internalized homophobia and.
Speaker 4: So he's like gott to be like the rock or the girls that you know, and he kind of overcompensated.
Speaker 2: And maybe maybe like Joey, is his relationship with Joey.
Speaker 4: Is helping to open up him to being emotionally connected to another man.
Speaker 3: Huh, that's a great thing.
Speaker 1: I've never heard.
Speaker 2: I've never thought of that theory.
Speaker 1: Okay, we could do a whole new reboot just based on this how it turns out, Bye Becky, Okay, I could get on board with that.
Speaker 2: Maybe.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I think it's yeah, I think there's there's relatable themes for the queer community as far as chosen.
Speaker 2: Family, chosen you, yes, exactly.
Speaker 1: But I don't think the characters were written to be queer or they were just they were very close, they were like best friends, but I didn't sense any sort of sexual attraction or you know, any anything like that between them. So I don't know, interesting thought food for thought, though. This was a good good unpopular or maybe popular opinion, I don't know, all right, Moving on the next one. I don't think it's that weird that Jesse and Becky lived in the attic, and then someone commented, plus, it literally fits the premise of the show. Had they moved into Becky's apartment or somewhere else would have defeated the purpose.
Speaker 3: Well we know that, yeah, full.
Speaker 2: We know why they had to stay.
Speaker 3: But yeah, as far as.
Speaker 4: Actually, I mean, she co hosts a morning show, she's making the money.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think as far as multi generational families living under one, I don't think it's weird. And that's not at all. It's weird the way it was presented as a way to play Kate Michelle who was sad right about Jesse moving out, and that's the only reason they moved right in, Right, that's weird. I'm like, can we not play Kate the five year old?
Speaker 2: She wouldn't even.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah she was young, even younger, just say hey, we want to save money to buy a house some day. Can we went at it? Yeah, that's yeah, that would have been very normal. But they did it because Michelle was sad and cried and had the pink bunny framed and all like that.
Speaker 2: Right, it was, yeah that it was all wrong.
Speaker 3: It's all wrong, all wrong.
Speaker 2: You know, I living in the attic.
Speaker 4: I mean, the attict's huge, so much ruminy I to live in there, to throw.
Speaker 2: A party whatever.
Speaker 4: But yeah, I I I don't think that part is weird. But it's just the premise of why they stayed.
Speaker 1: Yes, that was that was weird. And then and then they stayed and stayed and stayed for another four seasons. It went on a little too long.
Speaker 2: But you know, I just can you imagine I wanted this house trying to have a shower.
Speaker 1: What's their water bill? I'm so curious about the finances of the Tanners, Like, what's their water bill? Do you contribute to any sort of utilities?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do they have two water tanks? I got so many questions. What's their electricity bill? I don't know anyways, All right, Okay, last last one.
Speaker 2: It's all you unpopular opinion. Here we go number ten.
Speaker 4: Michelle should have died in the final episode where she fell off the horse.
Speaker 1: Are you nuts that I didn't say opinion?
Speaker 2: I know, no, not you?
Speaker 1: Is this is this redit or nuts?
Speaker 4: I'm in?
Speaker 1: I was it a dumb storyline, Yes.
Speaker 3: But I don't think she should have died. It's a little severe dark.
Speaker 4: I mean, probably the more likely of the outcomes. Unfortunately, had she been tossed off of a large horse.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, and it would have explained why she didn't come back for fuller if she had died. I suppose. But that's too dark to kill off the youngest member of the family.
Speaker 2: We killed the episode, you know, some of the young ones.
Speaker 1: There's only so much that this family can handle.
Speaker 4: And they'll never speak of it again. It'd be like, remember when Michelle died? Yeah, anyway, so I have a school project, right, it's just something.
Speaker 1: We'll have one throwaway line at a Christmas episode and then never talk about it.
Speaker 4: Like it'll just be like the tiny tim chair in the corner, Like here's Michelle's chair, you know.
Speaker 1: It's just a tiny chair, and then a chocolate cake table, a.
Speaker 4: Spotlight, yea, and a little and a little crutch, which reminds me it's mup at Christmas Carol season.
Speaker 2: By the way, I'm very excited.
Speaker 3: Oh, you discuss that later.
Speaker 1: If we need an idea, we can always watch that and do a review, just saying I have a memory I can perform to put for you, Mattie says, omg yes, yes, anyway, uh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's some interesting opinions on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these were good. These were thought provoking.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh and yeah we didn't agree with all. I think the last time we did this we kind of agreed with were likes yep, yep, yep, yep.
Speaker 4: Check check now this was this one was some some interesting ideas in here.
Speaker 3: I like.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I always love these, so please keep posting.
Speaker 2: The post, post on Reddit, send us emails.
Speaker 4: You can find us on Instagram at how Rude Podcast. No, yes, yes, I gave the wrong emailed your address on the last show, I said, I said, uh, email us at Howard podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 1: Sorry, sorry, guys, that's the old one.
Speaker 2: We can don't don't email that.
Speaker 3: That's bad.
Speaker 4: But you can't find us on Instagram at how red podcast. And you can actually truthfully email us at how Rude Tanner Ritos at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Please do so. We love to hear from you. We love our fan.
Speaker 4: Rito's and also visit our merch store Howard meerch dot com.
Speaker 2: And I think that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think you covered it.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, yep. Well remember everybody. The world is small, but the house is full of Kimmy and Stephanie. That's it, just Kimmy and steph.
Speaker 1: I love it, my friend,