Speaker 1: Hello, while you fellow busting with the boys advocates, the puppies, the tiny little puppies. This is your guy, your dad, Taylor Lawan speaking to you right now and as always, my special little guy will Compton, my little wolfie. He was a puppy and I was a pre puppy, preteen puppy, growing up so fast, grown, so proud of how fast you're growing up and a man and wolf you're becoming. Seriously, you make you make a father proud.
Speaker 2: I'm glad I can make you proud. I got brother.
Speaker 1: That's a week. I can't be a brother. And your dad you ain't my dad?
Speaker 2: Do you talk about?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Sorry, I got a guess today. I know MYOC, my offensive coordinator. We had Arthur Smith on and you know, not a lot, not a lot out there about Arthur Smith right now. Guy was has been with the Tennessee Titan since twenty eleven and has worked his way up, scratched and clawed to become the offensive coordinator of an NFL franchise, which is a pretty cool story. A lot of things go into it. Though. Arthur's father started FedEx, and you think to yourself, this guy's probably a brat. He's probably a spoiled little brat.
Speaker 2: Little trust fun baby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a little trust fund baby. But the thing about this baby is this baby works his tail off and has made a self made man, which is a pretty unbelievable feat, especially with you know, growing up and having a father who is so successful, right right, It doesn't really happen.
Speaker 2: It happen a lot.
Speaker 1: He does have his own story. His sister's got his own story, which we get into that as well. Talk about a lot of things, man. At one point we even talked about psychedelics, so that's always a fun topic to jump into.
Speaker 3: Dude, he was good, man, he was insightful. He we ask some pretty solid questions too.
Speaker 1: We did a good job as well. You're right, sometimes you gotta pump the tires.
Speaker 2: Yeah, baby.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you what, if you're thinking about it, if you're on the fence of it, let me persuade you just a little bit. Let's jump on Twitter, jump on Instagram. Let's go to Bustin' WTB. That's one full no spaces Bustin' WTB. Click the follow button and then just start retweeting things. Just start retweeting everything, and just send us things. Maybe we think something is cool, guess what, we'll retweet it. And if Busting retweets it, I will retweet it, and so well Will. But make sure you gotta follow Busting with the Boys Busting WTB on Twitter and Instagram. And if you're thinking I need a little video content, Taylor, I want to see your beautiful face and will and so you're thinking.
Speaker 2: Will and will beautiful smile?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you have a great smile, dude, you had a great smile. How did how were you born? With that? It's incredible. So YouTube you can go Busting with the Boys. That's the full thing right there, and we'll have a lot of content up there for you. Give that a like, give that a follow, and help it. Subscribe a little bit too. Facebook, don't have it, had it at one point, kind of bailed on it. It's a little too personal for me, but never too personal. If you have it to jump on bust Them with the Boys, which is also our Facebook page, go ahead and do it. If you're listening on a podcast like subscribe. And it's only because I care, dude. I care about the bus and I care about the boys on the bus and the puppies and I care about the puppies, dude. You know why, because this bus can fill up all the puppies, dude. And if we ever think to ourselves we don't have enough space for all the puppies, we'll just buy a bigger bus, and we'll buy a mansion for the puppies, dude, and we'll call it the Denies, all the wolf puppies, dude. And you'll get your own little place and we'll take hey and we'll put it around and we'll put a bunch of hay around it, and then you guys can sleep there, so you comfy puppies. You can go from uncomfy puppies to very comfy puppies. Because you're on the street right now. You're on the street and you don't know what is going on in life. You're thinking, I need I need help. I need a caller and I need a leash. I need someone to guide me and feed me and give me belly RUPs. Guess what, if you're watching on YouTube, you're looking at them. If you're hearing me, then I'm coming through your Sarah Bellum baby to that other ear. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I feel you, dude, I feel you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you feel me?
Speaker 2: How do I feel you?
Speaker 3: I'm ready for Juice to drop that hook though you said you're what. I'm ready for Juice to drop them.
Speaker 1: I heard you the first time, but stop repeating yourself. Juice drop that hook, my baby.
Speaker 4: I do not have the bone right.
Speaker 2: What did you ask him earlier? You're like, uh, you use that thing?
Speaker 1: I've had sex, Yeah, Matt, So listen to this.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: Actually we can. This is gonna be the first question of our podcast. So you're busting with the boys, Art and you can. You can move that thing, bring it down.
Speaker 4: Dudes.
Speaker 1: It's very uncomfortable, I know, because it's like, you know, that's all right, this whole thing. You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: It's a boy dude.
Speaker 1: I'm kind of fired up because Art and I got a lot of stories together, for sure. But you're busting man. So a couple of things. One, we got the AC going. You might hear that a little bit in your ears, And if anybody's listening, that's the AC because it's hot on the bus. About every thirty five minutes a train comes by, we'll we'll point it out.
Speaker 2: We'll take that paus and then we'll continue.
Speaker 3: So where do you think you go after you die?
Speaker 1: Personally? I don't. I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I mean, nobody truly knows where we get that, don't you know?
Speaker 4: People came back?
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, they talk about what they see.
Speaker 3: I think there's something out there to where there's you know, it's like some chemical that's released to where you think you see.
Speaker 2: The afterlife or whatever vision I think is pain. I think so yea.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: D m T is called the dream drugs and it's like a chemical release like I think when you're born and when you die, and that's what they say is like d d MT and you can chemically make it, like people talk about it all the time. So I don't know exactly what it is. But so okay, a lot of people say that, you know, that burning bush and from religious they say that like that had a chemical of d MT in it. So I don't and I'm not religiously. I don't understand a lot of those things. But the guy who was around the burning bush or saw the burning bush and got the tablets or whatever, it could have been d MT that had him see these these things.
Speaker 2: Oh So in a way of trying to kind of debunk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean everybody's always trying to bunk. It's it's a crazy, crazy gig.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, how do you fact check somebody on that?
Speaker 5: I know, right, Yeah, Like who wants to try and say, Hey, I'm gonna like tick myself to the brink of death and see if I can come back.
Speaker 1: Well, you don't have to take yourself to They call it blasting off like Urban Dictionary. It's they blasting off. It's like people taking shrooms or acid or stuff like that. Like people take that stuff and it's like apparently a fifteen minute thing and you just lay there and it takes you to like a weird universe apparently, Like Joe Rogan talks about that stuff all the time, how like it changed his life. Like d MT ayahuasca. Those are supposed to be like crazy hallucinogens that are like some wild stuff, wild wild stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's that's just creepy.
Speaker 4: It is.
Speaker 1: It's scary, man. They they decriminalized mushrooms and in uh Colorado, which is just one so you can do it right. Yeah, it's like not fully like illegal, it's not fully legal, but like like I guess people are turning more of a blind eye to everything now. Yeah, yeah, it's a crazy deal.
Speaker 4: It's like you.
Speaker 5: Ever hear about those like tech parties that have in Silicon Valley all that stuff.
Speaker 4: Oh you go not a rabbit hole. Read about some of those like tech Silicon Valley like parties. It's it's crazy. Yeah, they live like double life out there.
Speaker 3: I mean if you saw you saw what is it called Social Network? Do you ever see that movie that's the one they made Facebook? Yeah, yeah, Well they had a Silicon Valley party and that's when they're with like underage girls snorting coke.
Speaker 2: That's like minor supple.
Speaker 5: I think it's minor compared to the Yeah, there's been some articles about it. It's it's some wild stuff.
Speaker 2: You probably get in some deep places out there in La.
Speaker 1: Dude. I feel like cities like La Chicago, New York are so big that like it'd be almost uncomfortable because I'll never see the same person twice. Do you know what I'm saying? Yeah, Like your sister, Your sister lives in La, right, yeah, and I'm sure like where does she live in La?
Speaker 5: She like just moved. She was in the Hollywood Hills, was she? Yeah, But it was just like traffic sucks so bad there. So like your orbit, it's like work, where do you hang out people? So it does get small, like I guess any city, but.
Speaker 2: You can get lost with all that stardom and celebrity type.
Speaker 1: Like you go down to Nashville, you go down Broadway like that's the main spot, but you can split off in their areas. Like National's not a huge city.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's like a big small town.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Really, So like I see the same people all the time I go out to eat, and also like three or four people that I know. Yeah, I feel like when I'm in La everyone's just backdropped, Like I'm walking by people and these people are just like a scene in my movie. Yeah what I'm saying, that's a good description. It sounds because you're never gonna see those people again.
Speaker 2: Yeah you say your sister lives there?
Speaker 4: She does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she wrote Okay, so I know this about your sister. She wrote. Was she the writer?
Speaker 4: She was not the writer?
Speaker 3: What was she for Cicario? The producer for Cicario? What other any other movies?
Speaker 5: Yeah, she's done a lot. The first one that she kind of got going on was PS I Love You, which.
Speaker 4: Is a movie with Hillary Swink that was that was probably fifteen.
Speaker 1: Years, such a phenomenal Movivie, such a great movie.
Speaker 5: Butler, Butler, She's got some great stories about different actors and actresses.
Speaker 4: She'd probably be more interested in me on this thing.
Speaker 2: We gotta get her on the bus, get her jump on.
Speaker 5: And then you know, the one that really got her going was The blind Side.
Speaker 1: She did The blind Side.
Speaker 4: She she helped get the script. She was one of the producer producers on it.
Speaker 5: And that story goes, you know, way back with my family because the family is from Memphis.
Speaker 4: Guy wrote the book. The script was floating around a lot of people looked at it and like, hey, this is probably too cheesy on the blind Side and the blind.
Speaker 5: Side, Yeah, it's like how do you make this movie without it looking like too family extreme, like nobody believes it or.
Speaker 2: Yeah like hey you ran fast on the street getting the car right.
Speaker 4: You know. So they took it, and I think a lot of putting maybe a basically just the story.
Speaker 5: What Molly told me was that's my sister, was that people in Hollywood is like, now, this will never work. It is not And then she was pretty adamant if it was done right with the right directors, the right actors and actresses that.
Speaker 4: It would it would hit.
Speaker 5: You never thought it would hit the way it did. And it came out and Believe for Thanksgiving and it just like just took off.
Speaker 2: D that's awesome.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So that kind of gave.
Speaker 5: Her a little cloud out there, and then she broke off and then she started her own uh production company, and then they had some you know, they buy and.
Speaker 4: Sell scripts all the time.
Speaker 5: It's most stuff she does, and then they they get the funding to make the movies, they go with it.
Speaker 2: So that's sweet.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's like it's like our business a little bit like you got She's had some really.
Speaker 5: Good ones and she's had ones that get these.
Speaker 1: We were talking about the other day with another guest, how like people are so afraid to fail now, right that if you go and you put yourself out there and things don't go well, it's like, oh, I can't do this.
Speaker 4: Fuck it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you got to go and you get to learn to go and learn, and then that's where you get to those kind of positions. You make a movie like The Blind set like Cecario.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Yeah, it's like it could be paralyzing to people.
Speaker 5: Most people they don't want to, Like, you, guys, put yourself out there and like everybody's watching you, and you go to you know, practice and meetings and you get picked apart, and like you gotta be very strong minded to go out get out there and do it. But you're putting yourself out there and understanding that you're gonna have failure. And most people don't even don't want that at all. They're like, like, who wants to live like that? Just paralyze in your fears.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's things now more than ever too, because of social media. Social media, dude, it's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh, you crucified there.
Speaker 1: You get crucified out there. Like dudes like Kevin Durant, dude, arguably the best basketball player in the world, and he's got his own burner accounts that he's been caught on like numerous times. It's like, yo, dude, like you can't get like, if you're a wolf, you can't care about the opinions of sheep, right, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So that is true.
Speaker 3: It's tough to hear because I love I love fucking being a wolf. But so I have a story on that too.
Speaker 6: Not.
Speaker 2: I don't have a burner account.
Speaker 3: But when social media you talk about not caring about that stuff like it's it's interesting how it can affect your psyche. Like there was a year we were playing the All where Ills on the Skins and we were playing the Cowboys and I had missed, like I had missed like two tackles in a row on Ezekiel Elliott, and the second one when my approach was happening, I'm thinking, in my head, I can't miss this one.
Speaker 2: You know, sure enough you think what you think, you become yet y'all all that stuff.
Speaker 3: But I'm on the bench thinking, I wonder what Twitter is saying about me right now?
Speaker 2: Really yeah, yeah, yeah, vulnerable. I'll say it. I'll admit it. I'm thinking that that In that moment, I knew.
Speaker 3: I had let that type of shit go too far with me to where I had to I had to reevaluate, you know, what I was feeding my mind, what I was kind of buying into. But and then hearing the durant stuff like that's crazy. But at the same time, I'm thinking, like, you know, I'm not that surprised, because guys get so you can create such a I don't know insecurity about it because you're reading this shit about you and you get so worked up or wrapped up in what they're saying and what they're eating compared to the all the other great stuff in your fans. But you see that one negative and you're just like fixated on it, and you kind of like.
Speaker 2: Man, I wonder if my coaches think this way. I wonder if this person thinks this way.
Speaker 3: I wonder if you know coach already, if he thinks this way about me being a tight end or something, you know what I mean. And then you do something to practice. You're like all that kind of mimics what so and so is saying. So I wonder my peers and my buddies they saw that same tweet and they're thinking, you can create such a damn just a snowball effect in your mind where you just start to fuck yourself a.
Speaker 1: Little bit, put yourself in a hole, man, yeah, yourself in a whole big time. And then you get exposed that the the like like even like it's go as far as like suicide. Like people are so affected by social media that like it it gets crazy too, where people are so messed up they think that they can't get any worse than this, or it can't get any better than this. Yeah, you know this is this is as worse as it can be. Like for me, I remember about three or four years ago, is when Malarkey was the head coach and we played the Raiders and the home opener and I went out and I like, uh, there was that pile taje and cut the ball and I went and I dived in the pile or whatever. I got crucified. Dude, I was. I was killed for that. Even Kirk kurb Street said something like, you're a fake tough guy. You're this, You're that. He and I have worked out our differences since then. We definitely have developed some sort of a relationship ever poor if you will. But dude, it's got It's like it's crazy and I get out and I get out there, and dude, I'm thinking the same thing, Like what's people saying like because in my head I'm like, dude, I lost this that game. Yeah, you know, like because the pressure you put on yourself, you put so much pressure on yourself and you want to be that guy. Dude. Everybody, like everybody wants to be that dude, especially in sports. I'm sure you did when you were when you played at North Carolina, you were a guard and you were thinking yourself when you had a scholarship. You're like, I'm going to go to the NFL and I'm gonna be this. I'm gonna be the next great that you know.
Speaker 4: And you cared so much about what everybody said.
Speaker 5: And it's hard because you basically you're letting everybody in the world talk shit to you opening your phone, Like that's what I'm saying, Like the way that things evolved, Like you can open your phone and get online and it's like, oh, well, will Taylor, you guys, you're terrible. You played like shit or whatever, and you got to read that. So like it takes a lot of willpower to be like who cares right, because it will it can affect people's decision here exactly right. And then going back to the Facebook stuff, the best thing they ever did, which is kind of like an evil genius, was creating the like bud it's like a dopamine rush from people sitting there and like you see it happen to people all the time.
Speaker 4: Like yeah, there's like studies posted pictures. It's like only got ninety something likes.
Speaker 5: I got one hundred and fifty likes, Like can message people psychology sends people on depression and those people can't separate that, Like all you're seeing is the best version of somebody's life if you get on Instagram. Yeah, and if you don't know that or whatever, like people getting this downwards viral about this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I give you guys a tweet back up.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, It's like that's tough, I mean, because you guys are putting yourself out there and you're right, I mean, you're human, but you just got to find a way to say, like, look, you're never as great as somebody tells me I am, and it never as bad, right, really do, because sure everybody wants.
Speaker 4: To be complimented.
Speaker 5: But like you can know when you go to a bar right now, if you walk to the bar and you'd have like seven people may run up to you, and it's like, are what's their angle?
Speaker 4: Why is everybody being so nice.
Speaker 1: That it's not the seven people that come up to you, Because everyone that comes up to you is always gonna be nice to you. There's three or four in the back that are like, yo, look at this fucking asshole.
Speaker 3: Or that dude walks back to his group and he's like, I mean you were just trashing Taylor earlier.
Speaker 2: Like he's like, yeah, I mean I'm not gonna say to his.
Speaker 1: Face, yeah yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. That's the tweet right there from uh kerk Herbstreet You're an absolute fraud bro and yeah hashtag loafer, which of all the things he said, loafer hurt the most. Absolutely hurt me the most.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: But I remember seeing that, like, dude, because Kirk, dude, Kirk's like a staple of this town, just like Eddie George's, like Tim McGraw is like, and so I took down like dude, I got I'm getting killed out there, and every and everybody followed suit dude. People were super pissed for a good reason too. It wasn't a smart play. You think about finishing all the time, And I mean I didn't even hit a defender. I just I like basically gave to Marco a concussion.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I smacked him, Yeah, I smacked him up a little bit.
Speaker 3: But it's kind of it's kind of that human humanizing factor and element too, Like you just you said it earlier, like you want to be the dude, like you want.
Speaker 2: To seem like you're unfaceable, you're untouchable.
Speaker 3: You see somebody else and you're like, the way he cares himself, he must not.
Speaker 2: He must he must be like there's no way that he thinks like the way I do.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you kind of do that whole compared they like, you know, you're in you're a new oc like in the coaching world, Like coaches got to be numb to that stuff too, And I think there's a maturity about it to where like back on my situation, you kind of have that you can't teach experience.
Speaker 1: Well, you're like you've done such a good job, like two thou like you've been at the Titans since twenty eleven. You've kept such a low profile. And do you even have social media? Like do you have it?
Speaker 5: Just just for the Instagram account that I use privately, just because I've got such a big family and it helps me keep up with friends.
Speaker 4: But I didn't, like I've thought about getting off it.
Speaker 5: I barely ever post. My wife will post stuff, but yeah, and that's really just to keep up with people, because like you know, you lose touch with some people from college and like they move away, like, oh.
Speaker 4: So and so is like had another kid or whatever.
Speaker 5: It is like sadly you find out about some people that way to keep in touch and then it reminds you, like I'll shoot shoot my buddy at text down and talked to him a while.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, But the Twitter stuff, because it's the same thing you guys do, Like if you start letting that stuff seep in your mind, it can paralyze you as a play.
Speaker 4: Caller, as a coach, and you start like affecting it.
Speaker 5: Like we all need constructive criticism, right, But if you're sitting there trying to please the masses, and there's actually been studies shown that Twitter is just a loud echo chamber of the minority.
Speaker 4: So it's all a bunch of group think and if.
Speaker 5: Right one way, or if you said something controversial, and then you've got all these people and they're not trying to paint you as the worst person in the world. But most people, majority of people don't feel that way.
Speaker 2: Because it's a silent majority.
Speaker 5: Yeah, And there's companies react to that stuff all the time like one incident like or one bad actor or one bad experience in the company. And then also the fundamentally change everything because of a Twitter mob. That good, but in the long term it's really a flawed business model and you can basically alienate fifty percent of your customers right away.
Speaker 2: No, you're right. Do you think coaches look into that stuff sometimes?
Speaker 1: Out, no question, du Everyone's human, and if you're a person of status or a person that has some some sort of a following, you're always like people are so receptive to the negative than they are to the positive. Sure, because you hear a positive thing and you're like, yeah, okay, cool, Oh that makes you feel good, But like a negative feeling, a negative comment makes you feel like it has such a more of a dramatic effect on you that it's like it can consume people. Just like you're saying, yeah, but you got to be smarter about the stuff. I try to I try to stay off all that. But at the end of the day, man like I fall suit, dude, I've yeah, I've googled my name, of course I have. I bet you learned the Twitter search and people, you know, they bring up a whole bunch of stuff. And the worst part about it is is if you did do something in the past, people want to comment and think they know the entire story, when when it's probably not even true whatever whatever it is, you know, And I mean, I know I have situations like that from college and high school and everything, and people like he's a terrible guy. It's like, do you get to know me first? You know what I'm saying. It takes a little bit of time, but people people want to throw opinions out, especially on social media, Like you talk to somebody, if you and you and I met for the first time, I'm not gonna be like this is how I feel. Yeah, and people but like if I walked away out on Twitter, yeah, like Arthur Smith, I feel this way. You're a terrible coach, You're this, you're that, And it's like, you know, a lot of keyboard warriors out there, baby, that's the thing, man, don't be a keyboard warrior.
Speaker 5: Well that's the other thing too, is like nothing goes away now. So if like say you did have like you said something in the high school, you see it the draft all the time.
Speaker 4: They pull up these tweets. These kids think when they're.
Speaker 5: Like twelve or thirteen, that like God, who knows how you thought when you're twelve or thirteen.
Speaker 2: And you all know how we thought.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So like you bring up the worst moment in somebody's life and then it follows them when it really is like you're basically saying somebody can never change, which is so flawed. Like think out different we all are from when you're twelve, eighteen, your first year in the NFL to where you are now.
Speaker 4: No question, you definitely evolve as humans.
Speaker 5: So when people sit there and they bring and they just rake people over, the calls over like they crucify them all some high school stuff exactly, and like, yeah, they probably shouldn't have said it, they did, but that doesn't mean they're a horrible person. To your point, like they just want to and that follows some people from wherever they go, and it's.
Speaker 3: And they stay pissed off if they don't feel like we need it, We need to hear an apology publicly.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And it's just like, dude, I'll get a reaction out of you.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is what I'm showing power over you because you said something off the coff and I'm offended.
Speaker 4: So you need to apologize. I will make you apologize. It's like that's it's a lot of people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely, And I think that people have a lot of like what is it they feel it's so entitled nowadays, like hey, my my feelings are hurt, so I'm entitled to whatever whatever, you know, an apology or a safe space and stuff like that. And then reality is like, dude, ship doesn't go people's way all the time, and you gotta like, like, I know it's a touchy subject, but the participation trumphy thing, like if you go and you get second place, well that dude, that's silver, you know. If you get first, that's gold, if you get third, that's bronze, and then after that it's done, you know. And it's like it definitely I know how he can people can see it as like, oh, it'll take building kids and you want to build them up and stuff like that, because you absolutely do. Kids kids now more than ever, need confidence, but they also need to understand what adversity is and if you don't do well in something that you need to get either work harder, reevaluate what you're doing and make a couple of changes and and and move forward and progress so you can get to that silver they get to that gold.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it's it's preaching.
Speaker 1: It's tough.
Speaker 5: It goes back to what you said, handle failure, got to handle failure, And I get it. You're like, you don't want to crush a kid when he's six because they're all different.
Speaker 4: Like I watch my son right now.
Speaker 5: He's one of the younger kids on his teams, and kids develop at different ages, right to make a judgment, and some some dad thinks his kid's going to the NBA and he six years olds, like, hey, buddy, god.
Speaker 4: It's probably yeah.
Speaker 5: You know, they get all they get all prideful because their kids can make a basket.
Speaker 4: It's like, hey, just let them, let them develop.
Speaker 5: But you also don't want the kid to have such a bad experience where like the coach is going nuts at a fifth and six fifth or five and six year old basketball game, where the kid that becomes disinterested. So it's a fine line, but you're right the like you gotta be able to hand failure. You want to build them up, have a good experience.
Speaker 3: And especially when everything gets pulled at the end of the day, like you're gonna enter the real world and you can paint the kid the growing up however you want.
Speaker 2: But the real world is cutthroat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like if you're trying to make it and stuff like, it's business. It's business man like in any in any area, once you get to a certain level, it's all business and how you perform.
Speaker 1: I can't imagine how your sister feels doing that stuff, Like there's everyone's a producer. Yeah, that guy's right there as a producer. You know what I'm saying, right, and like for her go and make it the way she did. Like people go to school just to be a producer, and if it doesn't work out, what are you going to fall back on?
Speaker 4: Right?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's crazy, it is, but you know it's goes back.
Speaker 5: Like I think it's whether you want to really live life and enjoy and put yourself out of there, you're just gonna hide in the shadows the whole time. Yeah, And like when you do a profession, you two guys do, you definitely put yourself out there.
Speaker 4: So she had those experiences and it goes back.
Speaker 5: I don't imagine at some point from middle school through college you had it.
Speaker 4: That's some adversity you had to overcome. Whether it's yeah, U, I'm gonna purough this.
Speaker 1: It doesn't have to be something as dramatic as like a professional sport either. Like if you're working a nine to five job, dude, and you're just absolutely miserable on a day to day basis, and you're good at baking or you're good you're good at making pastries, Like maybe you can go and put yourself out there like that, you know what I'm saying. You start a little hobby, Like it's so easy now, like to make a website or do any of that stuff, and just to put yourself out there. Just put the things out there, because all it takes you is one person to retweet it or like it, and then that's That's the good thing about social media is it gives people an outlet of imagination. You can go and you can get on Twitter and you can see what people across the world are doing that you didn't get to see thirty years ago or whatever what ninety six when the Internet was invented, you know, and so like it doesn't have and we alwayspeak about dramatics, right, We talked about pro athletes, we talk about actors, we talk about rock stars. Professional coaching, those like professional coaching like NFL coaching. Those kinds of things are it's easy to say, yeah, put yourself out there and do it. But like if your passion's baking or or woodworking or like or you know, you want to open up a bar, then you just gotta you just gotta go do it. And like you're gonna you're gonna stumble and you're gonna fall, but that you just got to keep on pressing forward and eventually you'll find your way or your niche that I'll get you to that point, right right.
Speaker 5: That's a great point. I mean, look at this town, looking at on all of the restaurants that have opened up here. It's competitive, as i'd imagine. I mean, I don't know that world, but i'd imagine if you're a chef in Nashville, you're.
Speaker 1: Opening the first six months, most of those places shut down like that, right right, It's it's wild.
Speaker 4: People trying to sabotage you. In the reviews.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we were, we were talking about your sister. How many siblings do you have?
Speaker 4: I want to ten?
Speaker 2: What what holy ship?
Speaker 1: That's a busy man.
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Boys? Like how many boys? Girls?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: Three boys? Seven girls?
Speaker 5: So my dad had had two daughters from a previous marriage. My mom had one and then they got married and they're still married and there's seven of us.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yes, my mom's big Catholic.
Speaker 4: I don't know what my dad is.
Speaker 2: Never met my father. That's a joke for both of us.
Speaker 1: Yes, dude, that's yeah, that's crazy. One of ten kids. How did you get any attention from your parents when you were younger?
Speaker 4: It probably helped me because I didn't care.
Speaker 5: Like I tell you, the one thing I did do and this is the way I was when I was little. So my mom, my mom was awesome, like if you, if you guys ever came to Memphis and like you needed to, like I wanted to go by and get it me.
Speaker 4: I mean she would feed everybody. So like my house growing up was pure chaos.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and in a good way where friends were always allowed over. I had a bunch of cousins, like constant people. My mom would always feed you know, feed you like it. It was like a great place and it probably helped me in this job because like I love the chaos, I love people like That's what's helped me coach. I love football in the relationships you build. But it's no, it was it was a great household to grow up in.
Speaker 2: Are you what are you? Where are you at the oldest youngest, I'm the fourth youngest.
Speaker 1: Make sure that Mike's work in front of your face.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, so you're you know, you're good.
Speaker 1: You can get comfy too, just making sure. Yeah, I want to hear you. Got to get some good ship to say, get the mic here, got to get Who would you say right in front of your face?
Speaker 2: Who would you say?
Speaker 1: Is the more?
Speaker 2: The most? Uh? The most? I don't want to say successful, but like the you know, is it your sister?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Like, are you like a fan boy when she's producing a movie?
Speaker 3: Like say, when Ccario two is coming out, are you like, hey, sis, so is uh Sacario two coming to the works?
Speaker 5: Like, well, I've been crushing her about like Icario three. Really yeah, they're right now.
Speaker 2: That's awesome, man, you're right there right now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's I tell you. It was a really Benicia adult. Toro was a really cool guy. I went to the premiere. Oh dude, that's awesome.
Speaker 4: So I want him and Josh Brolin are awesome, so you have to meet him. Yeah, And they were just like real some people you meet out there.
Speaker 5: You know, they're so used to the bubble they're in and they get their view.
Speaker 4: Distorted, but they were real people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so dude, that's awesome. Me and Del he's like an intimidating looking cat.
Speaker 4: That's what we got.
Speaker 5: I'll get my sister to come on here and try to like fish away. And have you been telling me for like three years you're trying to put us together?
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 1: To me is like I got to get you and my sister together. Man, I play the I play the best security guard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, just get like, yeah, be fine.
Speaker 5: Like I've always wanted to be in like a like a roadhouse remake, dude, like a bar.
Speaker 4: Scene, and.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you ask to be to do that stuff?
Speaker 5: My brother's I've never done it. Yeah, my brother played a bouncer actually, I think he was in p S.
Speaker 1: I Love You.
Speaker 5: And then my younger one like he'll play an extra like he's done this and he's played like an extra like the crowd oh yeah, or like he tries to get like the cool stuff where he's like the guy that's like kicking the door in it or something like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah you can't see, and your sister's just like yeah, all right, God Yeah.
Speaker 3: She just kind of like you gotta imagine that your circles going to like, so hey man, you know.
Speaker 1: Spot being a producer. You gotta be like you're producing.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I just want to be an extra and like it's just a ridiculous like bar fight scene or something.
Speaker 1: Dude, that'd be so awesome. We go have a great season this year and then we catch you in Sacario three.
Speaker 4: If you were in it.
Speaker 1: The way you're going right now, you'd be the best. No, it'd be like you she se.
Speaker 2: Fucking Arthur's see just now he's in movies and now he's in movies.
Speaker 1: You're like, what can't you do?
Speaker 2: Has a banger year and now he's in movies.
Speaker 5: Yeah, killing it's like a bottle over the head, you know, I've always want to do that, Like you got to retake that one.
Speaker 1: Like I know, well if you they if you can get the bottom of that bottle cut out, it breaks super easy. Someone showed me that at a party one time. They like filled it up halfway with water and you hold like the neck of the bottle and you like hit it real hard on the top and it like just pops off the bottom of the bottle and then you crack it over somebody's head doesn't hurt at all.
Speaker 2: We're gonna try it. We'll go, we'll figure it out, just like a video doing it right now, trying to do it right now.
Speaker 4: I'm sure you can find a volunteer.
Speaker 1: Oh, dude, we got a couple back there that might take a bottle. Dude, who knows Matt'll cut his dick off for a Super Bowl Dude, we can probably get him to hit a bottle over his head. We can probably figure that out. That's why, dude, that's why. Like, that's one thing that I think I'm definitely interested in is going and kind of throwing my hat in the ring in the whole LA scene. But that stuff's intimidating, and also it's so time consuming. Like guys like Dain the Rock Johnson, how does he have a family, Like.
Speaker 3: He's always doing Kevin Hart, those guys like they're just they're always always doing something.
Speaker 5: Make you feel lazy, I tell you, yeah, it's you gotta get the point where you're like Tom Hanks, where like you come out for the big hitters and then Nick he disappears for a while and comes back and disappears.
Speaker 1: He doesn't do like Woody and yeah, just does Woody and goes out of there. Yeah, you got those movies like Castaway or like The Revenant where you're it's you're just kind of like acting by yourself the whole movie.
Speaker 4: Really talented.
Speaker 1: You gotta be really talented.
Speaker 2: I am legends Will Smith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's impressive. Will Smith is unbelievable. Yeah, Will Smith or Denzel Washington. Who's a better actor?
Speaker 2: I think Denzel I think is the best.
Speaker 1: Lot. I got a lot of people that say Will Smith, but I'll tell you I'll have a little argument there. Will Smith is good at everything. He can do comedy, he can do serious, he can do everything in between. Denzel is Denzel and everything. What was he not?
Speaker 4: What was he not?
Speaker 2: Juice? Have you seen?
Speaker 6: Have you seen John Q?
Speaker 1: That movie made me cry, Dude, I lost my mind. That's when his son had a heart heart too big tasty, hostage.
Speaker 4: Mind pulling out the Denzel Washington movies.
Speaker 5: You're curious because I'm thinking in my head training Neeson, who's like the same guy and everyone.
Speaker 1: Bill Ted's excellent Adventure, Like he was definitely a different character there, But you got to see them. You have seen that or Oh yeah, a great.
Speaker 2: Movie, great one equalizer. Remember the Titans, John Q. Yeah, deja vu.
Speaker 4: He's always got a moment where he gets like worked up and some like passionate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I love it, dude, I mean yeah, American gangster.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was a good one. It could have been a lot better.
Speaker 3: When he goes and takes the money from the dude in the street, like, hey, you owe me money, what you gonna forget his name? He's like, what you're gonna do? And you gon shoot me right here in the street, puts a gun up to his head. What's you gonna do, Frank, you gonna shoot me right here in front all these people?
Speaker 1: Huh. That was a good little dead dude.
Speaker 4: What do we got here?
Speaker 5: You could definitely make an argument that he's he's the depth that Will Smith I give you that.
Speaker 1: I remember, I didn't see fence.
Speaker 6: That was like a Broadway It's a play. Yeah, it's it's a it's a play. It's like one. It's like in the backyard, and he's phenomenal. And he plays this like like really mean, hateful father and it's it's incredible.
Speaker 1: He does a good job. He won a Tony for that. Didn't he or he had something he he want something. Magnificent seven was a good movie.
Speaker 4: You mind clicking on the Book of Eli.
Speaker 2: That was a solid kind of acted by alone in that one, and it had.
Speaker 1: Me lakuon Is in it. Who I'm a big fan of. Dude. That's probably my Hollywood crush.
Speaker 4: My sister worked on that one, which was my brother. Yeah, my brother was an extra.
Speaker 3: She just got no booty though. Man, we're on a hot spot busting. Dude, you're on a hotspot.
Speaker 4: What do you think of all this stuff? I love?
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, what do you think of the podcast? Man?
Speaker 3: I think you talking about fear of failure and stuff. It's also getting nervous any time we're just on here that we're doing this thing.
Speaker 1: There's definitely there's definitely a thing where you're like, ship, dude, are we are we good enough?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: Are we doing this? People actually didn't give a ship what we're talking about?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: You kind of put yourself out there like that's another the whole fear of failure ship that we were talking.
Speaker 4: About it, But it's original.
Speaker 5: It's all that you walk in here and I met, I pulled up. I was like, either I'm in the wrong place. It's gonna be a really weird night for me. It's gonna be awesome, you know. And then like when I saw the light on, I was like, all right, I'm in the right place.
Speaker 4: It's all the boys right there.
Speaker 5: But I mean it could have been like, yeah, you got the tarps in the back of the heat.
Speaker 4: It's like I've seen from True Detective.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, Dirty Mic and the boys from the other guys, Yeah, we will have sex in your car.
Speaker 2: Thanks for the sex shack and the boys love dirty.
Speaker 4: What is all this stuff right here? I never knew existed.
Speaker 5: There was a guy painting something when try not to hit his thing, he had like.
Speaker 1: It's a dude, it's a crazy setup in here. They had like cardboard films is in here. Yeah, and they do like they do all the production stuff. They got like a welding they like a welding classes. They have a workshop back there. Coffee acts throwing. There's a coffee shop, dude. There's people that sell art.
Speaker 4: That's what I saw.
Speaker 1: There's like a Neon sign, dude of a banana. It's like, but it looks real as hell, is it. It's so it was like what eighteen hundred bucks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, dude, and now there's a you know, the Flaming.
Speaker 1: And make that, make that bigger so you can see it.
Speaker 6: You ever heard of the Flaming Lips. The Flaming Lips, Yeah.
Speaker 2: The band.
Speaker 6: No, I mean you should listen to them. But they paid ten grand to get that. It's the lead singer's artwork. They pay ten grand to get it put here, and it's fantastic.
Speaker 2: Ten this nice fun out of here. Man trying to find I was trying.
Speaker 4: To see who did this movie?
Speaker 5: If you if you don't mind, because I can't remember what part where my sister was working, because she definitely worked on this one.
Speaker 2: Oh a mental fire, not a man on fire? Was book at you?
Speaker 4: I'm looking at the wrong one.
Speaker 1: It's all over the place with this thing he work in. We can figure out whatever.
Speaker 2: A little bit of adversity.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know of the artwork?
Speaker 5: Have you been hit up now as you're getting older, If you had to buy any art for your house, that's a whole different that's a whole different part.
Speaker 2: You feel that big deal. Baby, You're gonna.
Speaker 4: Get some differ person.
Speaker 5: But this is just like you're talking about growing like older, like stuff I never thought about where I feel like I get fleeced on artwork.
Speaker 1: You think soli art gets you.
Speaker 4: Well, I'm not like I I'm very like artistic. No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: My wife is, and you know, so I'll go with her to like look at artwork. So when you get your house, it's like, oh, we need to get it at artwork. And like every year it's like you're out a piece and it's like I pushed this more. We're gonna get it. We need this beast like all right, well what is it worth? And you're like, oh my god, yeah, that's what the value is.
Speaker 4: I don't know if you've had to if that's hit one of you guys.
Speaker 1: I haven't had I haven't had a lot of art. But I did have a situation. We did a charity event for Home Street Home. It was me and Thomas Rhett. We put on this this charity event for this thing for people, the homeless people in Nashville and stuff like that, which it was awesome. But there was this girl there and I gotta figure out her name. I can probably look it up, thank you, Sidney Clausa. She is incredible. So she was there and uh, while people like were just hanging out. It was less than an hour. She did a portrait of Clint Eastwood and in one of his movies. I don't know which movie specifically it was, because he's got a lot of Western movies, but he's got the cowboy hat on everything and it looks incredible and uh like that that is cool stuff to me. When I see two eggs pushed against each other and people are sitting there with a glass of wine, They're like, to me, this is life because you have to lean on each other for help.
Speaker 2: I crack and the egg nversity.
Speaker 1: This this this art is sexual and violent. Like I don't I don't get it, but dude, I saw that and we bid on it and ended up doing like it was like twenty thousand dollars. Yeah, raised, we raised. We ended up raising sixty because she do it so fast.
Speaker 4: Me.
Speaker 1: It was me, Thomas Rhet and Jason on Dean and we were we were like all the three of us betting on it or whatever, bidding on it. And Rett like leans over and he's like like if we can just get like hurt him, make two more, like we can get this off for twenty yeah, and like we like asked her if she said she totally do it. So we ended up spent twenty thousand dollars on a portrait, which is ridiculous. But it's dude, it's awesome and she's so talented it's crazy.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: I mean, but like, what is art? You know, it's all it's all a super relative Sydney Clausen. Yeah, she's incredible, man. She she does a lot of good work. But what have you been snaked into? I've had to go a couple of Jackson Pollocks or what you got going on?
Speaker 2: I couldn't even tell you the nudies in the house.
Speaker 1: No, I don't have that Banksy running around there. Dude, that Banksy photo of the dudes from Pulp Fiction holding the bananas. It's a great that's a great little deal there. I loved banks dude. I think the coolest thing about banks is no one knows who he is. Yeah, he's like under the wraps all the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 5: No, it's a I've gone to those art shows and I've tried, like you know, it's like, hey, I'm trying to appreciate people's work, because people put a lot of work it. But I have no idea what something's worth, but that's not bad. And you look it's like, oh, that's only one hundred dollars and I'm like that's awful.
Speaker 4: It's like that's ten grand.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, right, yeah, it's all it's all relative to what you think is cool, right, Like, I see, I don't know who's the guy that cut his ear off? Oh to my band, go Mike Tyson.
Speaker 4: I was at that fight. No, you weren't in Memphis, right. You might want to FactCheck me, but I'm almost the pyramids a pyramid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was there. Get the hell out of here, Lewis.
Speaker 4: I remember I was in college in Memphis.
Speaker 3: Tyson Holyfield too, because everybody thought like, Okay, Tyson will get him this time.
Speaker 2: He just bit his damn ear off.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Tyson was a psychopath back in the day.
Speaker 2: If you watch that fight though, a back that's.
Speaker 4: Two was in. One of them was in Memphis, wasn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, Ship, you said you were there, so I'm sure I was.
Speaker 4: At a text fight, but I'm almost one't where.
Speaker 2: He bit his ear off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was in the pyramid, Lennox Lewis.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and if you watch that, no, it's Holyfield. If you watch that fight Holyfields, like head budding him the whole time. So I understand you.
Speaker 2: Would have bit the ship out of his ear to Jo, I understand.
Speaker 6: Why he was mad, man, I really, I really do.
Speaker 4: Y know.
Speaker 1: Mike Tyson was on Joe Rogan's podcast and it was it was pretty He's got his own podcast too.
Speaker 3: I know we need to get Mike tython on this one.
Speaker 5: My fact check was wrong. I was at that Tyson, the one in the pyramid with Lewis Lennox.
Speaker 1: Lewis Lewiss. Did he win that one?
Speaker 2: Boy? Coach Coach Smith's got that CTE?
Speaker 4: Maybe ct But I was in college and I don't remember a lot of that fight.
Speaker 2: To be honest with.
Speaker 1: You, Yeah, the couple of beers. Man, that'll think all the memories.
Speaker 2: Just get hammer, just think like it's Tyson. Man, it's not gonna last that long. Yeah.
Speaker 6: Do you guys want to have a frank conversation about CTE.
Speaker 2: I think that would be really interesting. You kind of want to. There's not enough education to have like.
Speaker 1: A yeah, there won't be no education.
Speaker 3: Do we joke about it, and it's pure jokes, so don't get too serious.
Speaker 1: The one thing I will say about ct is I had when I got knocked out in the Miami game. I was meeting with doctors and they said, you know, in the eighties and nineties, early two thousands, you'd get hit and then and then you'd go back and you get hit hit. It's kind of like an ankle, Like you keep stacking those injuries on top of that ankle, adventure gonna have a bum ankle. And so their their claim was is that because where they're taking time for things to heal now and taking care of stuff, that it's not gonna be a huge issue for our generation and and and in the future too that. But like but as far as like evidence all that, I don't have it. I have nothing for you. I just think. I mean, that's as far as CT as I know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like it's like if I'm forgetful around the house or if I'm forgetful everywhere, because I am, I'm just like, you know, babe, I got CT pure jokes.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I'll tell I'll tell Willi's story sometimes and he'll be like, yeah, but I heard it. He'll he'll he'll walk away. See he's a real thing.
Speaker 2: He's a real thing.
Speaker 4: It's a very sensitive subject and if you.
Speaker 2: Said something, it could be headlined.
Speaker 1: Oh. Absolutely. But man, so you went to you went to North Carolina.
Speaker 2: Did you have how many stuff?
Speaker 1: How many how many offers did you have coming out of high school? Oh? Hold on, I'll let that load for a second. We'll go back to that a second.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, I end up having too late. And so so when I grew probably going my junior year, I was getting recruited by.
Speaker 4: When I was in high school in DC. So I'm from Memphis. I end up going high school in DC, and then I was.
Speaker 5: Probably about six two ish, about two forty, so it was a lot of those like Patriot Lee schools like recruiting me. And then I just ended up growing a little bit by I answered more and then I was like thirty pounds bigger. So by the end of it, some of the bigger schools got on me.
Speaker 4: And it was a strange recruitment because I got I remember Carl Torbush, she was.
Speaker 5: The head coach in Carolina, called me and offered me the night before he got fired. He's like, I'm offering a scholarship, but I may not have my job tomorrow. I was like, thanks, Like.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that appreciate that.
Speaker 5: But the guy that was an old line coach named Robbie Caldwell who had a who actually was at Vannerbilt, was the head coach at Vannerbilt for years at Clemson. Now Robbie got he got kept by I got named John Bunning. Bunning was my college coach, so he was the reason I ended up going to R Carolina. I wanted to go to Georgia Tech and Bill O'Brien was recruiting at Georgia Tech wing tea no before that, Okay, yeah, and uh, I actually went down to my official visit. I was waiting for him to offer, and they was like trying to get me a walk on. I was waiting waiting that's where I wanted to go, and they didn't offer me. So I was waiting in Carolina did and then I end up calling Bill O'Brien. I was like, Hey, I'm gonna go to North Carolina. I remember he like wasn't too you know, happy, I'm like, never offered me. But small world.
Speaker 4: Then you get back in this profession and the running these people again.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's crazy how like things just shrink up as the far the more you get into that kind of stuff. Like I said, Tim Bruser, he's at North Carolina right now. Yeah, I don't think he's not the head coach, but he's he's a coach there, and he was the head coach at Minnesota. My old man went to Minnesota and so and he off he offered me a scholarship. And I remember sitting in his office and he like calls over his uh like the compliance people, and he's like, hey, what's the deal, Like, how do I offer this guy a scholarship? Like am I allowed to right now? And I'm not sitting there like just kind of hanging out, just sitting at a desk. And they're like, well, technically you have to wait till he leaves the premises. Blah blah blah. He goes, listen, we're gonna offer you a scholarship as soon as you walk out here. Okay. I was like, to we leave now. It was awake, small world, small one. And the reason why, yeah, I was gonna say the reason why that was a small world just because that he was at practice last week and he came over and gave me a bake handshake. We were gonna get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's the head coach who did you play for in North Carolina?
Speaker 4: And John Bunning who had played in North Carolina.
Speaker 3: He was my linebacker coach at our senior when I the NFL p a game.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, you know he was my linebacker coach. Yeah, old school.
Speaker 5: Though he played in the seventies a different areas about the NFL. He had some wild stories. Yeah, by playing the seventies wild.
Speaker 1: So you gotta Getruss Grimm on here sometimes. But you and Russ, I'd love that Rus to selling to So yeah, definitely put on like tell Sully.
Speaker 2: Would that be fun?
Speaker 3: Because I know his son Chad Grim he's at the Redskins ud.
Speaker 1: Russ is literally maybe the coolest coach of all time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's an American icon.
Speaker 5: If you think of like nineteen eighty six and Pittsburgh, that's Russ Grim.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome.
Speaker 1: He was the coolest man. He was such a good dude. He tell you the same story three four times. He well, but he was. He was on top of it.
Speaker 4: He's smart as hell.
Speaker 1: He's so smart, man, He's so smart. He's such a We play this game where he'd put up a word, like a long word like superfluous and then you'd have a minute to figure out all the words and then you make you make fun of us because he'd be like, oh man, you tell the same story all the time. And he do that word game and he would kill everybody. Yeah, like he'd beat Dennis, and you know, Dennis is mister I want to be smart guy. You know what I'm saying. He'd be that guy out there. Man.
Speaker 4: So Russ is so cool. I'll just say about Ross because they're not very if you put who says back he was.
Speaker 5: He would never let you pay for anything. He was the most giving person. He was a one man party. And I mean that like the highest compliment. Like you went and you wanted to go grab something to eat with him, Like he'd gets so pissed at you if you try to pay. That's like he wouldn't let you do it. Yeah, yeah, there's he's I'm glad I got to work with him.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm glad. I'm glad I know Russ.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's one thing I do when he when whenever he left the Titans, I was like, man, I just need it, give me a kind of a jersey. And he's like, yeah, absolutely, I'll give you a jersey. The Dogs and then you know, we would buy a couple a month or two, I'm buying. I was like, yeah, yo, Russ, let me get that jersey. Like I texted him. He's like, yeah, you got it, man, some of your dress.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Three weeks go by. Yeah, I end up getting that damn jersey though, I got it now.
Speaker 5: Somebody told me that one of the d Linemen saw him in the airport recently. Yeah, that'd be like the four airport. Yeah, I mean, I'd be so fired up if I saw him in an airport. That'd be one of the greatest like airport sightings, especially.
Speaker 1: If you had like a two hour, three hour layover. Yeah, man sitting there, dude, after games, him just hanging out in the back of his car, just relaxing, Like those are the coolest parts of the games.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a different, different era.
Speaker 5: But the thing about Russ is when I worked for the Redskins and and oh seven with Joe Gibbs and Coach Gibbs had all those guys that been with them in the eighties, and they would tell stories at night.
Speaker 4: It was awesome, you know, hearing the stories.
Speaker 5: About the Hogs and going against Lawrence Taylor, in the NC East at that time, and they would talk about Russ like in this they tell stories about Rus because Rus is like everybody's got stories about Russ. Yeah, And then I could worked with a guy named Donny Warren. Donny Warren was tentley part of the Hogs. He was there blocking tight end.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: He was like the old Craig Stevens for them. For the Hawks, he was just yeah, man's man. So Donnie would tell me stories about Russ, and Russ was just he was a legend.
Speaker 4: They had the five o'clock Club. They ever talked about that in DC?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 4: Not.
Speaker 5: The thing a shed And the way Donnie told me was they had two different beers, Miller distributor and a and anh Bush distributor, and they both thought they were the official beer drinking the beer of the Hawks. So however they did it, so I assume it was Russ. And they've come in every other week. So on Tuesdays they drop it off, the equipment guy put on ice and after practice they'd go sit in the shed like Russ, Donnie Warren, Jo Jakobe. They'd sit around, they'd have a couple of beers before they went home.
Speaker 4: It's called the five o'clock Club.
Speaker 1: I love that dude.
Speaker 2: You knew Ko, right, Yeah? You know Ko? Yeah, Yeah, he was my guy.
Speaker 4: For really helped me out.
Speaker 3: Man, he's with them, he's actually with the floor now he's yeah, he's with the packers.
Speaker 2: He's with the packers, the floor man, one and done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, got the head coaching job though. Man, you can't can't get mad at that, dude. Ye yeah, yeah for the packers too, Like how cool? How cool would that be? That'd be wicked?
Speaker 2: How much did you learn from coach or.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's like a lot of guys you mad a different experience and might have been in a similar system for the whole time. He's been in the NFL. Yeah, and uh, it was good. I enjoyed working with Matt. He was like anybody. I mean, you spend so many hours you get to know him.
Speaker 4: That's a great person.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and we talk about a lot of things, and Matt would here he had strong opinions because he had been in one system.
Speaker 4: But he would definitely hear you out with Some guys you work with are so.
Speaker 5: Stubborn and like they think that it's like the Ten Commandments and that's that's what it is, and there's no coming off right right, It's not that way.
Speaker 4: Uh, he'll do well up in Green Bay. But yeah, I enjoyed working with him.
Speaker 3: Well, there's that one week when we played the Skins that I was in there clock with you guys.
Speaker 2: So he was definitely like he always asks questions.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you would see how much, like you know, Blaine, all you guys are in there, I'm sitting there like you know, defensive player, listening to all this terminology the the offensive side and everything, and Matt's like going back and forth, like, you know, do we like this here to be like that there?
Speaker 2: YadA, YadA, YadA.
Speaker 3: But yeah, I assume it's it's probably nice, you know, coaching with guys that listen and you know.
Speaker 4: They're not you always a good person. We're completely different personalities, but as long as you know somebody is a.
Speaker 5: Good, good person where they're coming from, and that makes things a lot easier when you're.
Speaker 4: Working with them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 3: How uh you know, thinking about thinking about that week and the questions he would ask Blaine like comfort levels of things.
Speaker 2: How.
Speaker 3: How important is that you now being in oc that that level of like you have your own ways of growing and evolving and changing little, you know, little wrinkles here and there. How important is that for that dialogue with Marcus sitting in the room, because I'm sitting there. I'm sitting there watching Blaine write everything down right that you guys are all talking about. And then it would circle back around the Blane. Hey, Blaine, what do you think of that call here and there? I assume you're trying to gauge the comfort of your quarterback.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's some of that. And then I think Matt enjoyed Blaine. You know, Blaine had been in a lot of offenses because a lot of those quarterbacks are like assistant coaches in so many systems, and if you get somebody, Blaine was really smart and he could. He loved it, you know, he would sit there and draw up stuff and.
Speaker 1: Love him talk to them.
Speaker 4: So it helps.
Speaker 5: You definitely have to be on the same page as the quarterback. But I also don't lose sight of Taylor's job, like understanding his matchup for the center and the receivers, like I try to look at it. And the thing I think that hurts sometimes in coaching is some of guys, guys forget what the game feels like with the helmet. You know what I'm saying, Like you put stuff in and you really want to see it from your perspective, because all right, well here's Taylor's world on a play, making sure that, like you don't want to lose sight of there may be issues in certain plays, you know, gonna be harder than others for certain people. But I try to look at every position, do the best I can. I won't obviously be perfect, but I do.
Speaker 4: And maybe it's because of my background, like with the line sometimes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, it's just like you realize sometimes you put all this stuff in and some people are like, it's not that hard, blah blah. I'm like, Okay, well, you're sitting in a stance and you've got one of the best in the world getting ready rush off the edge, and we're asking to make three different decisions before this and there's a snap count of play clock going. Yeah, so it's and it's gonna be could be two or three different things for him to have to do in live action.
Speaker 4: And live action. Yeah. Yeah, it's for me to say that the clicker, That's what.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say. It's quiet like coaches. You know, you sit there and you just watch cut ups, you watch games. You watch it from a just film perspective of getting the video guys to break it down. You're sitting there in the quiet in the room, thinking and scheming up everything, and then you get out there and yeah, what you were saying, trying to relate it to how you used to see things and just seeing it from all different perspective I think is important.
Speaker 2: That's why you watch like live TV copies too.
Speaker 3: Right, because live TV copies I didn't, I personally didn't until this last year. The way vrabel would incorporate stuff. It's like a lot of stuff kind of made more sense to me in that way. Not that we didn't do it on like the Skins or and Surpassed, but you get more of a feel for, I guess what's going on the progression of a game, because you'll watch it in a cut up, right, and you'll you know, you'll make all of your opinions and corrections on like oh, you should have done this and that, But when you see it in a sequence with hearing stuff and the action going on the momentum of the game, you kind.
Speaker 2: Of see it. I guess in a different light situationally.
Speaker 4: Too, you do.
Speaker 5: I mean, and there's great things you see on those all twenty two of the coaches films, and there's stuff you see on the TV copies.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and there's stuff. You know.
Speaker 5: It's the longer you're in it, the more you see a practice live too. It's like you go back and think about some of the like old high school coaches. Don't know your high school coaches were, but like where my high school is two coaches in the last six years, and the guy that's that was.
Speaker 4: Retired had been there forever, like yeah, he would say something to play. I'm like, how do you see all that? I can barely see one thing happen.
Speaker 5: No, it helps, but I try to never to lose sight of that, like don't forget what it looked like in a face mask.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which that's important, That's really important. I mean, yeah, do you gotta may be happy?
Speaker 4: Ye.
Speaker 1: That made me happy because it's it's like it is. It is hard when you have people telling you just it's that easy, just do this, just do that, and you're like, dude, like you know, yeah, I always have confidence of what I can do in a game, like for sure, you gotta have confidence, but like sometimes you, dude, like shit gets hard. You know what I'm saying, if if, sometimes all a player needs needs is a coach to acknowledge it and say, hey, look, I know we're asking you to do a lot here, Yes, we gotta lean on you. We gotta lean on you this week for the X, Y and Z. And then you get it in your head you're like, dude, you take a little personally, all right, I gotta i gotta put the boys on my back. You know what I'm saying. It's not that serious, but in your head you're like, I gotta I'm, I'm, I'm I'm the game this week.
Speaker 3: Right, But it's just your mindset. It shifts your mindset from like man, they'll just don't get it, to when they acknowledge it, you just see it from a different aspect.
Speaker 2: Okay, they get it.
Speaker 3: Because it'd be like, you know, with coach Tye, he played in the league, uh with at linebacker. So we'd go over and there'd be situations last year and you know, the constance of the room would be like coach Tye, like you kind of repeat it, and then he would hear it and then hear it from the player perspective, and then he would shift to like, oh, I mean yeah, that that.
Speaker 2: Does make sense. Like it'd be like, you know, coach Tye, like you used to play.
Speaker 3: Not that long ago, Like yeah, he's seeing doing this and that and trying to see this. He'd be like, yeah, yeah, scrap that. Let me talk to you know whoever, and then we'll come back and then they make a transition. So that kind of stuff's important.
Speaker 5: It is, and and it's everybody's perspectives are different. And some guys that there have been great players and they don't relate as coaches, and you see it in different different sports. They just assume this guy's the greatest play in the world. He'd be a coach or vice versa. Guys never played be an awesome coach, or he'd be terrible. Like I think I know the the trending words like emotional intelligence, but obviously ty has it, like yeah, and it just goes like you can see things, and that's what you can see people, and any guy I think goes to people's personality to try to figure things out, where some people they're so like hardheaded or fixed. The one that does always makes my skin crawl is when you get some of these uh little quarterback guys and like, this guy's soft, he's so soft. I'm like and I rolled my eyes, like I would love to see you getting a getting a stance come across on one of those swift blocks. See how soft you look like you may they may cry like you know what I'm saying. Like that gets my skin crawling when the guy's like and sadly that I've seen it at every level.
Speaker 4: I've seen that happen.
Speaker 1: You know, those sift blocks are nothing to fuck with.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 1: That stuff that's hard. That's a hard asset to do.
Speaker 4: That.
Speaker 1: You go sift on an inside zone, sift on an outside zone. Then you go sift on like a on like a quarterback, like a play action pass right, and you're one on one with the defensive end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the pass rusher, the pass rusher.
Speaker 1: Dude, I would hate to be a tight end of those things. But that's I mean, that's that's what football is. Like every place, someone's a harder job than the others.
Speaker 5: From being a linebacker, it's like, hey, here you are one on one. Here's Adrian Peterson.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, he wrap him up. Yeah, third down you were on an island with Dion Lewis.
Speaker 5: Yeah, somebody's gonna have a hard job and yeah, and that's a good part of the game. I think when everybody gets involved in and like you know, you know that, like but I don't lose sight of it, like I would never like this, wouldn't do that like say, oh, this guy's soft, like you're not the NFL and the guy is gonna.
Speaker 2: Be no question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And sadly, I've heard people say that for and it makes my skin crawl, like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, it's good. It's good that you have that when you were you were so you've been with this is is this your third year.
Speaker 2: With the Titans.
Speaker 1: No, this is two thousand and eleven, the ninth, ninth the.
Speaker 4: Ko of Knesse. I always tell KO I was trying to like match his record's record. Well, if I go, this is kirk Aalavadatti.
Speaker 3: He actually looks like if you if he they if we said Kirkalvadadi was his father, he would make sense.
Speaker 4: He's person here.
Speaker 1: But is he handsome?
Speaker 2: You know it looks like his.
Speaker 4: Father, I'd say if if he's saying he looks like me, he's gotta be really handsome.
Speaker 3: I guess he's got a harry body, a lot of a lot of test.
Speaker 5: No, but he he got hired I believe by North Turner. So go back like the Redskins two thousand Redskins. So then Marty Schottenheimer came in for a year, Yeah, two thousand and one. Then they hired Steve spur So he was Steve Spurger, then Joe Gibbs, then Shanahan, and then he came back with Jay Grutins six. So he's got to have the record. And I may be missing like an interim coach there. I think, you know, if he may count Terry Bisky's like interim games. At the end of two thousand, Jim orn got I can't play. I forgot Jim's orange. I worked for Jim's. That was bad oversight by me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well I apologize in three and nine.
Speaker 1: No, I don't you should you shouldn't you should have done that? Do your homework.
Speaker 2: I know I should have done my homework way better.
Speaker 1: When when you when you're talking about putting yourself in other people's shoes, like going back from having that like uh, just kind of being like a quality control guy or whatever your your job was when you got here in twenty eleven. Are you nicer to those guys now? Because I've seen coaches that have gone through the rings just like everybody else and their dicks. Yeah, that was college.
Speaker 4: Everything, guys.
Speaker 5: Yeah, college football. Gosh, man, depending on some of these places you get. I mean it sometimes I felt like working in college was like this is making me an asshole. Yeah, you know, just the environments, like depending on where you are and just all I get it all depends you work with. Yeah, it goes back to we kind of talked about earlier, like the perspective of whe where you guys are like like Luke and Chandler, Like, I know how harder jobs are, So no, I would never do that.
Speaker 4: Like if I ever did that, I feel like the biggest.
Speaker 2: I don't feel like you have that.
Speaker 4: It just be yourself. It's just the same thing.
Speaker 5: It's like you don't think you're sweet and awesome because you get a new job, Like I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't view it that way, like, oh, wow, arrived this title.
Speaker 1: There's got to be something hard about like not kind of feeling yourself a little bit like being like you know, I went from that on the same team to being the office sport.
Speaker 2: Later I didn't Yeah, I should have done, und I did not know.
Speaker 1: Are you going to bring back team take off with the footballs?
Speaker 5: This guy about broke my ribs. That was the worst job I've had all the job. That was the worst job because we do the team take off and these guys run the ball and then it would be like just boom one rip shot. After I felt like I was training for like boxing, like sorry, I need to work my abs, like go to home and get the medicine.
Speaker 2: People have your.
Speaker 1: Kids and rocking for team team takeoff is like you line up on the twenty five yard line and then they'd snap the ball and you run whatever it is on air and then somebody would hold a football up like or was one of those guys at one point, and then the whole job was everyone has to run to where the football is and that's like that was us finish it and I, dude, I would try to beat the ship out of art.
Speaker 5: I tried to, and I tried to warn Luke when he took that job over. So when I became a tight end coach, I say, hey, man, just get ready.
Speaker 4: Yeah, He's like what are you talking about? I think you got him. He may have got him like the first or second day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I got him in the ribs one time.
Speaker 5: And he was so like he was so pissed and he was like he's like now I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 4: Him like, yeah, that's not the that's not the best job to have because because everybody does team take off different.
Speaker 5: But Mike wanted to be like go to the ball and then like you guys went to the ball and it was like and.
Speaker 4: Some yeah, yeah, no, it was hey, mate made a better person.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you.
Speaker 1: Took some shots. I literally think I tried to throw you down by your throat one time.
Speaker 3: Taylor's literally just flashing back to trying to yeah, because I tried to get that.
Speaker 1: Ball out dude, But I don't think you ever fumbled once.
Speaker 4: No, held him to the ball. Something else got me pretty good.
Speaker 5: I think, like, no, whatn't all It was like Byron Bell, somebody that had that strength that like you know, just turned it on when you didn't expect it. And I think one time, like he got geeked up and I.
Speaker 1: Was like, god, mighty thanks thanks, Yeah Byron Bell. Then he was strong.
Speaker 4: He was strong for you guys.
Speaker 5: Didn't realize how strong he was until like probably hit you like no doubt, like every once in a while, like didn't want to bring it, and when he brought it, you're like, God, it's.
Speaker 2: Like yeaheah for sure.
Speaker 3: So you were you were going from like a position coach to coach leafloor moves on the OC job is open?
Speaker 2: Are you like what what is going on?
Speaker 3: And this is just you personally, like what goes on in your mind, like when that spot opens up and you're like you're getting your stuff together, you're about to approach, Like I'm I'm really curious like the nerves or like the feeling you might have when you're trying to get getting.
Speaker 1: The job there.
Speaker 5: Sorry, but yeah, what you're asking is when I had talked to the Rabel last year during the transition, like he asked me what my long term goals and so I was like I'm just gonna tell him, like I felt like I had nothing to lose.
Speaker 4: Like here we are. You know that that was such a strange ending to the season.
Speaker 5: You know, you go from the playoffs and then you know, things happen quick and then next thing I know, i'mber Craig Ackerman and I are driving down the Cener Bowl. Were like, we gotta go interview with him at a hotel. I had no idea what to expect, you know, so you're trying to do your homework on Verrable. I knew people had worked with him down in Houston, and so I'm like, all right.
Speaker 4: Here's what I gotta get ready for. Here's what I'm man.
Speaker 5: And then like one of the first questions he asked me, he was like, what do you want to do long term? And I said, eventually, hopefully get to where you do or where you're sitting right now. But in order to do that, I understand, I got to be a really good tight end coach, and then if I get the opportunity, I want to be a really good offensive coordinator. So at least I had brought it up to him and then we had talked about it, and then you know what, I don't even know Matt thought he was going to get that Green Bay job. It happened so quick, like he prepared is this butt off for that job, and then he goes in that interview for a couple days later, and then he calls me that Monday morning and like, well, how to go He's like well, He's like, well, I'm waiting on a call from Aaron Rodgers. I was like, Matt, probably went pretty well.
Speaker 4: Then they're getting Aaron Rodgers.
Speaker 5: To call you, Like, it's probably going pretty well. So then it happens. It happens quick. It happened in a couple of hours, I believe, right. So I'm like setting myself. I was like, well, and part of me was like, you know you're going through that, Like do you make sure.
Speaker 4: You bring it up or you just wait around?
Speaker 5: So I just went in the office next morning to try to catch Rabel. So I just sat there Matt was cleaning stuff out, and then I ended up catching Rabel.
Speaker 4: And I was like, hey, can I talk to you for five minutes?
Speaker 1: Hold? How was that watching Matt like clean out his office after one year? Was there kind of like a vibe like, man, get the fucking guy. You know what I'm saying, because I'm not saying our coaches are like that at all. I'm saying like, you know, you're with us for a year, and he's like he's kind of leaving. And I love I love Matt, and I like if you get a head coach, you know, you gotta go, like there's a business, you got to go do your thing. But like when you go to clear your stuff out, you haven't been fired. You're just like, I'm gonna go take a different job.
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 1: You're just like, yeah, It's like it's like when Farva went to there went to the police and super Troopers. I love, he's like Team Ramrod, right, guys and everyone like circling him up and stuff like that. That's how I see it. Then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well in that situation, I guess you're just like you're happy that like Jeb is not waiting outside his door, like yeah, you know, like where it's.
Speaker 4: Like bad news.
Speaker 5: So yeah, it was definitely a little strange for Matt because Matt's God, Matt's been in He had gone to Atlanta to LA and then it's he had an issue with his house. I think it flooded, and then he had to move out of that house. So he was at in LA and then they move, you know, to Nashville, and now he's going to Green Bay. So that's a lot of move I mean that stuff has happened quick for him. Yeah, yeah, Yeah, it was a little surreal, and I think Matt it was like it was starting to hit him like, wow, I can go on to Green Bay, but it was nobody else was there, but it yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was cool for him. I was very happy for him.
Speaker 5: It's so different than like in free agency, like I've never like you want to get guys back, but the nature of the game is like if somebody's gonna pay a lot of money, you can never be.
Speaker 4: Resentful because like, good for you.
Speaker 5: You only got a certain amount of time to make money as a as a football player.
Speaker 1: So I think the difference between like the free agency thing and the coaches thing is like the coach is leaving, that's an individual, one one person going Wait. When it's freezency, it's like, okay, this, let's say that you don't make the play for season ends January second, like all fifty three dudes like, hey man, good luck with everything. We'll see later. Like everyone's kind of leaving, like we're all gonna leave together when everyone packs your stuff up, and there's like probably a dozen or so guys that are either contracts are expiring or whatever, and so it's kind of like a collective like, hey, we're all going together. But when you're like that one coach, it's like putting like the shoes and like all his ship in a box, like all right, guys, like good luck with your season. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, that's kind of crazy.
Speaker 3: I think they probably all understand, like oh totally. They are sitting in the sitting in the office like hey man, thanks, man up, I want that job. Yeah yeah, I love that. Are you like nervous when you're sitting there?
Speaker 1: Yeah? So sorry, yeah you were.
Speaker 5: You were waiting for Rabel My bad. I just like just figured to go one or two ways.
Speaker 4: You tell me. No, it's like the same thing like when you're trying.
Speaker 5: To put yourself out there, like all right, well, and I you know, who knows what his real thought process? I mean, Rape does a great job. You think he keeps things close to the vest. And I was just saying, like, all right, what's the worst you gonna tell me?
Speaker 4: Like right, too bad? Get lost? Like so I was like, all right, I'll just take my shot.
Speaker 5: And so we sat and talked and then he said he get back to me, and I just and at that point I was like, I'm not gonna be the guy that's like because some people the time people do and then they start getting desperate and you're trying to like get people to call for you or whatever.
Speaker 4: And I just kind of left alone and knew he you know, when he wanted to talk to me.
Speaker 5: He talked to me, and I just left it at that and I actually went out and uh, because we were off, so like I didn't want to sit around all day, so I actually went out on skiing.
Speaker 4: So I was like, I'm gonna do something to occupy me all day. That's what I did. And it was like my phone and I did, I'll get on like a chair lift and like yeah, hey, okay, yeah.
Speaker 1: Yet, well at least did you get pay someone calls You're like, mom, wait on a call, can put it back down?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 5: So I did try to do something to occupy myself and it's different. And then after every season though, I always try to do something to get away, cause it's like you get locked in and it's like I've never been on submarine.
Speaker 4: But like the analogy makes sense, like.
Speaker 5: We are close quarters from the end of July and it is like it goes back like college brought up like a lot of brothers sisters and have Some days are better than others, and some days you hate this person. You hate that person because you're in close quarters. But like at the end of it, like you grow so close to these people, players and coaches, but when it ends, it's such an abrupt end. That's such a strange day that the exit interview.
Speaker 2: Day after the season, right, it is strange.
Speaker 4: It's very strange for a lot of different reasons.
Speaker 5: I can't imagine some of the stuff you guys are thinking going through that as well. And then just all right, well you were in this thing and now.
Speaker 4: It's it's over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll see in April.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's yeah, it's strange.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, right, yeah, hopefully. Well sorry, Juce, you you wanted a question.
Speaker 6: I was just gonna ask who else?
Speaker 2: Say?
Speaker 6: I forgot who else they interviewed for those position?
Speaker 4: Was it? Was it just you?
Speaker 2: I have no idea I remember to ask you kind of get put through the ringer.
Speaker 4: It's kind of the same thing that you'd have to ask.
Speaker 2: You probably just got.
Speaker 3: The blinders on and you know, when you get your shot, you're gonna take advantage of it. I mean, when thinking of Matt, like you know, packers Sean McVay happens, and I bring them up because I was with both of them at the reds McVeigh goes off to interview for the RAMS a couple of years ago, and everybody's thinking, you know, it's gonna be his first kind of wave of going through and interviewing, so he's gonna put himself out there and start getting his name out there. And I'm sitting there with the coach Phillips, the tight ends coach for the Redskins Way Till the Sun, Yeah, Wes Phillips, and he's like, man, I'm telling you, when Sean gets in the room with these guys, like he's they're gonna keep them there, He's not gonna leave, like he's that you know, well versed. And then you know, Matt goes to Green Bay. I don't know if he was going in the circuit to get ahead coaching of the year before, but he goes to Green Bay and it's like, you don't know what's going to happen, probably and I yes, this that the other thing, and he becomes the hot candidate. Yeah, and it's kind of like for you, you know, was it was it your first time going after like an OC position, first.
Speaker 4: Time to go after OC.
Speaker 5: Here's a random story, like I I tried to get the Georgetown University head job in twenty fourteen, right and I actually went on an interview for it, and I like, I was like I was just gonna take my shit. Yeah yeah, yeah, same type of deal, and they brought me up there. Obviously didn't get it, but at that point I was just like I'd been in that QC assistant role, and I was like why not, Like I had ties to the school because I had gone to the high school affiliated with it and knew somebody that had known the ad put in a word, and like, it's such a different world from like Michigan or Nebraska or North Carolina. But I was like, why it's worth a shot, Like I like DC and so that had helped me at least going through it, get going through it. But I had the same mindset, like I had a really good job, Like this was when Wizdom and that turnover. So I was kind of waiting and I was like, at least I I felt like I had something to fall back onto. That was an awesome job in the NFL. If I didn't get it, Like God, knows what would happen if I did.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So at least I had I had had some of.
Speaker 3: Because that's interesting to me, going through like the first experience of something and you're kind of like, all right, you know, drave he called me up.
Speaker 2: I'm coming in like I'm about to.
Speaker 3: You're trying to do it the best of your ability, and you know, I don't know what experience happens before that compared to if they're asking questions. But you're you gotta be nervous as ship, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you go through that, you got to, like the draft process, and you're nervous as ship all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flying places, you gotta go talk to people. You don't know what the hell people are into.
Speaker 2: Hey, people ask the weirdest questions. Yeah, it's wild.
Speaker 1: Man, Like, like the draft is crazy because they're gonna it's not like a regular nine to five job. They can ask you whatever they want.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and then you go on those visits. I'm sure people, how mean did you go on?
Speaker 1: Oh dude, I was in like sixteen visits.
Speaker 4: It's crazy. So I never thought we were gonna get you.
Speaker 1: I had I had twenty said, like, dude, I remember I thought it was Atlanta, right, I thought I was in Atlanta at six. Oh, I'm gonna burn that place to the ground.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 1: They took a swing man, but uh no, I honestly I remember. I remember the day I was supposed to leave to go visit Tennessee and I called my agent. I'm like, dude, why would I Why would I go to this like they have they they have Michael Ruse who's a stud for the last ten years or going into his tenth year, and they just they just signed Michael one side. Yeah, I picked up blank side picked who's playing right, probably from playing my side? Yeah, did you guys see this movie?
Speaker 2: Get this guy?
Speaker 1: Get this guy? And he's like he's like he literally said, let me call some people and I'll call you back. And then Patrick Collins, who's one of my agents, he calls me back and he's like, you should go to that meeting. And I'm like, all right, dude, whatever. So I fly out there Southwest See like fifteen. I actually I want to get into something after that. But I remember going and hanging out with everybody, and everybody wanted to know about my off the field issues. No one really gave a shit about football. So I went and did that. But yeah, man, I was all over the place, and I was I really thought like Atlanta, Like it was Monday before the draft, and Atlanta, they had a flew a guy to my house and he's sitting there. He's like, well, what do you think about the draft? Like how do you feel everything's going? When I was like, well, you know, I'm just just anxious, excited to see where I'm gonna go.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: He's like, do you you think go earlier late? And I was like, you know, politically, cards will. It doesn't matter where I go as long as I get a step in the door and then I'm gonna do whatever. And I had him like, dude, one hopefully you know, like hopefully like number one, but like they had Jadavi Davian Clowny out there. Dude, he was a surefire. And he goes, well, you know there's a reason why I'm here. You know, if you're there at six, be ready, have your bags packed. And I was like, holy shit, dude, I'm going to the Atlanta Falcons. I'm going to Atlanta Falcons. It's six. I'm like, I'm better to be a dirty bird. It's about to get crazy out here. And I remember like sitting at the draft and six came up and it's quiet, dude, and everywhere like I got my mom, my dad, my brother, my best friends, my coach, my agents, and they're all standing around and I'm staring. I'm staring at that classic phone and I hear I hear phone ringing. It's two tables over. It's Jake Matthews and like in the green room, like you're not supposed to get up. So I got up immediately and like walked like walked away, and I was like, dude, maybe everything's just a lie and I'm getting punked. Maybe I'm not even good at football, dude, and they've been paying these calls' sitting like I'm like in my head so bad. I'm in the mirror staring at myself in the mirror, like, dude, you're a fucking loser, Like you ain't getting drafted. They brought you here to make a fool out of you. This has been a five year joke. And I get there, dude. I remember Detroit came up and I was like, god, no, yeah, yeah no, the Detroit at ten. I was like, dude, because I was kind of ready to move to a different state. I was like, I don't know about Detroit, dude, I don't know about that. And like when like like in the draft, like nine will be picking or ten will be picking, but eleven will be up because they've already picked it. So you guys know you're on the clock. So it'll switch from like it'll go to the next clock and they'll be like four minutes left as opposed as they're ten. And so like Tom Condon, who's like my main agent, comes over to me and whispers in my area and he's walking over to me. I'm like, dude, he's about to tell me Detroit. I guess that's I mean, I was gonna be happy regardless, but like you know, I was a vend in church old and he comes over whispers he was Tennessee What, Yes, Tennessee Titans. I was like, no, wait, dude, I was, And I said the same thing, Michael Ruis, Michael Orr and that phone started ringing. I don't even remember who I was talking to. I start to Carly, I think who was was she there? At that time?
Speaker 4: I thought it was Jessica.
Speaker 1: Jessica, Yeah, she was she was uh webster Rusting Webster's assistant, and I talked to them, but I was like pissed, And I wasn't mad because of Tennessee. I was just mad that I felt like lied to or like I like I had this image of my head of like, dude, you're the number one tackle and I was ended up being the third and like eleventh overall, which I know is a little bit ridiculous to be complaining about, but like that was.
Speaker 3: I mean, I'm sitting here, Yeah, I'm sitting here listening all the time, like man like yeah, but I'm into your story thinking like yeah, it sucks, and then I'm like, well shit, I mean in my house.
Speaker 5: I guess yeah, I just yeah, because I remember you coming on your visit. But I just remember, like every every staft's different how they handle the draft and.
Speaker 4: Some places are more inclusive to the coaches than I.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and the way that went, I thought we would get a tackle, But like I remember looking at it.
Speaker 1: What made you think we get a tackle? Though?
Speaker 4: Because there was three guys in that pod.
Speaker 5: It was Robinson, Jake, and you. So you just figured, like are these teams the tackles? Like here's probably who's going to where?
Speaker 4: I just didn't like.
Speaker 5: When we were watching them all you just assumed that, all right, well this guy may he probably won't be there, And then it obviously felt a different way because I think everybody probably thought you were going to Atlanta.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, because I remember actually me and Jake Matthews were sitting there like a day or so before, and this is when it was all on Radio City in New York, and I'm like, me and Jake, we don't really know each other, but we obviously know of each other. And I'm like, man, where do you want to go? And he's like, you know, he starts, he starts talking with like, well, you know, all the teams are. I was like this just Jake made no cameras here, bro, where do you want to go? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Which city you want to?
Speaker 1: And in my head, dude, for the last three days, I've been a falcon, you know, like.
Speaker 2: If my head, like if I head.
Speaker 1: After I was told I was like, yo, you are a falcon, and he's like, man, I really want to go to the Atlanta Falcons. I'm like, dude, yeah, me too. That's sick. That's crazy, no doubt. But honestly, I think if I went to the Falcons that my life would be. Yeah, I don't think I would have done as well in a place like Atlanta. I think like the city of Nashville.
Speaker 2: It was.
Speaker 1: It was a little bit of a bumpy road that second season, but fuck, dude, these guys took me in like nobody's business. It's crazy how much like people are so receptive to me as an offensive lineman.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was a great place.
Speaker 5: It's awesome, dude, and they do I mean, no, there's no sidebar, but that you talk about awkward dynamics because Jake's dad.
Speaker 4: Had been the line coach before that. The West came in like it was a completely different staff.
Speaker 5: So Bruce, who's obviously an oiler Titan legend, had been in the line coach. Yeah, and then here's his sign, and like it's like everything hangs in the balance, Like what does Atlanta do? Like, you know, is it the Titans draft Jake matt You know, it's justody.
Speaker 1: Imagine if the Matthew's got drafted by the tests Titans, maybe, like the storyline would be unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I wouldn't pritty to some of those conversations. I'm curious what Rustin would have done.
Speaker 1: He probably would have took him.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean, if you guys.
Speaker 3: Were that you guys, if you guys were in the market for a left tackle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 5: Those were above my big grade. Yeah, so I don't know, but that I always thought in my head.
Speaker 4: I was like, well, what if I take Jake? Like yeah, and Bruce is awesome? Like it.
Speaker 5: You know what's cool is like I got to work with like Bruce Matthews and Russ Graham. Yeah, that's cool, like being a kid that was like an alignment that looked up to guys like and then obviously Mike Munchek too, Like those are like three studs of like the eighties and like Bruce played forever, so that.
Speaker 1: Whole family too, is just wild. The genie I remember, like I think it was it was after my second when I made my second Pro Bowl. I was I was joking. I jokingly went up to Hast the equipment guy, and I was like, yeah, I was like how many how many Pro Bowls does Bruce Matthews have and how is like, well, but about fourteen in a row. And I was like, twelve more, twelve more because I got a vendeted against the Matthews family.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I was totally kidding. Well, like two days later, is like, come in my office real quick. I come back, come on back to where I go into his office. He literally gave me a stern talking to you about like listen, Bruce like worked his ass off. He was this guy. He was that guy like you gotta respect him. Yeah, And I was like, yo, dude, I was totally kidding. That's I was like, my bad, but it's dude, I mean twenty years right, he played like nineteen or twenty years in the league and he was all Pro at center, guard and tackle.
Speaker 2: That is pretty unreal.
Speaker 1: That might not ever happen again. He is.
Speaker 4: That's an awesome guy too. Like all those guys, all three of those guys, they all have.
Speaker 5: Gold jackets, and all three of them are just awesome human beings. Yeah, and they're all, you know, different in their own ways, but they're just studs, just stug people to work for.
Speaker 4: Like Munch was was great. He taught me so much to you talked.
Speaker 5: About a guy that like guy had a gold jacket, he had done QC work like he would meticulous about drawing protections and runs like he would like he appreciated that stuff. Like you've met obviously Munch coaching the Probramah, So like I've been really lucky, Like I've gotten to work with some awesome like legends of the game, like starting with Joe Gibbs and then getting here with Munch, and there's a named tons of guys.
Speaker 1: Dude, Munch is the man too, Like he he was an awesome guy and like I met him when he has a Steelers coach the Pro Bowl, and he was just awesome. Like him, Alejandro Ville in a wave, a pouncy di castro, like we all just hung out, had a couple of beers. He was just swapping some stories, dude, talking about the old times. All those guys talk about the old times. Man, it's not like a good story though, Like, yeah, there's a there's a guy named Corey Smith or something. There's a country music singer. He's got oh yeah, he's got yeah. He's awesome from Atlanta, Georgia, and he's got a he's got a line. He's like my favorite story, start my favorite conversation, start with I remember when yeah, you know you get to that age. Man, everything's like, dude, remember what it was like this? Yeah, remember when we did this stuff?
Speaker 4: That was awesome.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be us.
Speaker 1: No, man, we get old living that present for sure, live in that present.
Speaker 2: Man. We started that stupid bus.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, failed, it may take off. You had some plans for this bus, man.
Speaker 4: We did have an original idea.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this the bus was all Taylor did. He saw the bus, it was like, yo, I gotta have it.
Speaker 3: And I was like, are we gonna be a fit everything you see? I'm sitting here thinking like, yeah, how in the hell are we gonna make this studio? Like are we just kind of being reactive? And then sure enough?
Speaker 2: Man, a couple weeks later, I'm like, hey, bro, you were you were right? Like this thing is? This thing's awesome?
Speaker 4: How the transaction go down?
Speaker 1: The bus?
Speaker 4: Yo?
Speaker 1: Just so, I never even met the dude. His name is Huan and he owns like that, he owns that coffee shop. Yeah yeah he juice Juice like they did Home Street Home. That's how I met these guys. And so Jude like we're talking about doing a podcast and we're like, what about a studio? And Juice like I guess like you guys had a conversation before you got there, before I even got there, and they're like, check out this bus, and you were it was like talor's gonna love this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I was like, I don't know, man, but to show that the tailor, he's gonna love this shit.
Speaker 1: So they they were talking about studios and Juic said, well, we're at this bus and I'm like, regardless of studio or not, I'm buying that bus, regardless of price. And he goes, well, I think he only wants like six hundred dollars for the bus, and I was like, dude, hell yeah, like six hundred bucks. Like, let me go to the ATM real quick. Dude's get this thing done. Get this thing done. And and I, uh, we called Juan because we were like, where's this bus out? We had to go see it right now if it's close enough. Ended up being like forty feet away, so we like we came out in here and checked out. I was like, dude, this thing is amazing. But this whole area, dude was discussing all these all these stickers were here, and then we had like there was recliners all over the place, and in the back right corner there was a bunch of like student benches and like, uh, there was a recliner in the front. It was terrible, dude. There was a there was like squirrels living in the corner.
Speaker 2: Here that you see all throughout the whole day.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was bad. So we got a couple of guys in here, Jeff Estis and the boys, and they like, I was like, I literally I gave him, gave him ten grand I was like, I'm not going to dime above this, but yeah, to turn this into a studio. And so they put the flooring in, they cleaned the entire thing up, they put the AC unit in.
Speaker 3: Built that table that they're all that the production team's working on.
Speaker 1: But then but everybody had an input on it because like at my thought was like, oh, let's film it back there. It'll be easy because there's there's those two wheel wells that we made box stuff. Oh, it's like cool, we could just sit there. And she's like, well, the production would be better if it was facing this way. Blah blah blah. Like Juice and Peepee had that whole thing walked down. So like we all kind of did it. We'll got the furniture, it looks a little fur rudy down there, got that seventy sheet going.
Speaker 4: I told you what made me laugh.
Speaker 5: I was trying to make sure I was getting ready to I didn't screw this up for you guys. And I was watching those promo videos that made me laugh.
Speaker 4: My ass. You liked them.
Speaker 2: They're on BUS and WTV. Yeah, you've you've.
Speaker 1: Killed it though your dad started FedEx and you like, for lack of a better word, let's be honest, don't have to do anything. You know what I'm saying. Your your sister doesn't and everything. What what was it about your mentality to say that I need to be self made because a lot of times people say, show me the son of a billionaire, and that kid's fucked because they're not gonna be able to they'll never be self made. Yeah, here you are, go play college football. College football doesn't work out the way you want from the standpoint of making to the NFL. You say I'm gonna go into coaching when you don't have to, and coaching is a very stressful job, you see, right, Yeah, and you start working your way up the ranks. How did that mindset be?
Speaker 4: Like?
Speaker 1: How did you develop that mindset of like I don't care what my father did. I want to be Yeah, I.
Speaker 4: Mean it's great. I'll give you a great question.
Speaker 5: I'll give you a shorter answer because it's a long layered answer. But first of all, like I think you gotta get a lot of credit to my parents, Like I know, idea what my dad did growing up.
Speaker 4: I just knew he worked hard.
Speaker 5: Right he was, you know, and you gotta go back and look at where my dad came from. Like he lost his dad at four, so he never knew. He never had a dad around, and my grandmother got remarried. But he basically grew up as like an only child. And my grandfather had made some money. He was an entrepreneur himself and actually was one of the co founders of like some of the short older stuff guys must have been in like the twenties or thirties. Yeah, and he was an interesting guy. I think he got remarried like four times. I think every time his wife got to twenty seven.
Speaker 4: He got remarried. I could say that now it's rest in peace of my grandmother.
Speaker 5: She's not around, but so Heah, my dad, it was like, you know, he was in his fifties and he died of a heart attack.
Speaker 4: So he grew up and then his my dad's high school coach.
Speaker 5: He had a huge impact on him, and then he ended up going to Yale. So obviously he was much smarter than I was and got into Yale. And so he was going to graduate college in nineteen sixty six, and he figured that they were gonna get he was gonna get drafted in Vietnam. So he was like, I'm gonna choose which branch are going. So he decided to go in the marine. So going into the senior year, he went to what would now be the OCS where you go to Officer Candidate School. He graduated basic school and at that point you're supposed to like, I think the basic school was supposed to be like nine months. Maybe he was like everything was sped up. He's like, before we knew it were in Vietnam, like and so.
Speaker 4: And the tours they were.
Speaker 1: Like he did a tour.
Speaker 4: He did two tours. Wow, And he was an infantry platoon leader.
Speaker 5: I think it was he was there I think all sixty seven if I had that right. And it's funny he never really talked about it growing up as he's gotten older, he's talked more about it. Then he went back as a Ford Air controller, so he did two long tours there, and you know, he credits everything to the Marine Corps where he got his ideas. Like, you know, people ask him, where'd you go to business school? He's like, I went to the Uninitied State's Marine Corps, where I learned more valuable lessons about logistics and organizing and culture and all that stuff. So his mentality is very different than a lot of people.
Speaker 4: Like he was. He was a marine at heart, and so the way like my brother is like he was.
Speaker 5: He used to get after me and my brother and he and so he had his high school coach and impact, like he wanted us to get involved in something. So he was he's such he's such a humble guy. Like if you met at me, like he's so different, but that I didn't know any different. So your little kid, you go around and.
Speaker 4: My mom's old school. She was from a big Catholic family.
Speaker 5: I think by the time all her oller brothers and sisters, I think when they're eighteen, my grandfather like get out of the house, right, And it's just some you know, southern family, like it's you gotta find find your way, and uh so they did a great job. My mom was adamant about like not gonna try to spoil these kids. And so it was like at school, so I didn't know my dad did, and like you'd be in like some grades like my dad said, your dad is you know, runs this or.
Speaker 4: He's got and I'd be like, no, it doesn't.
Speaker 2: My dad would beat your dad's ass.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think I learned more from like other kids at school, you know.
Speaker 1: And then like obviously, so you guys don't have like a like a nice house or we did.
Speaker 5: Don't could me wrong, but it's there's nothing like like if you understand my dad wears like he has a dark gray suit like a navy blazer, like he's the most if you saw his weekend gear is like khakis and a polo and like really shined like shoes, right, Like there's nothing, there's no flair about him, like he drives.
Speaker 1: Away from a new balance.
Speaker 5: It might be what he wears when he plays tennis. He's like he looks like he's playing Wimbledon. Like there's I've never seen him in a T shirt. He doesn't want a T shirt since Vietnam.
Speaker 1: No way.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's just like and there's nothing flashy about him. Yeah, there's nothing flashy like the store he gets like suits in Memphis, like at this oak caall which open one here in Nashville.
Speaker 4: They like, I talked to the guy, They're like, we try to get your dad to wear like a pin strike not happening, you know. So he's just like that's what he is.
Speaker 5: He drives like an explorer, like he doesn't. So our house we had, we had decent sized land, but it's not extravagant like you walked into. It's not like what you would think on something you'd see and like like that. You know, these like mansions and Beverly Hills. And then I never knew anything because there's so many people. So I was like, oh, we have big Oscar's a lot of people. Like it just never registered to me obviously until you start getting older.
Speaker 3: But you get older though, like you get in a high school in college, like you're very aware at that point absolutely and still like you still don't succumb to the fall into that mindset of you know, still where did it?
Speaker 2: Where did it? Your parents did that great job?
Speaker 3: But at what stories happened where it cultivated the way, you know, I'm going to basically be my own dude, Like I'm gonna find my own damn way without.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think it kind of like a ship on your shoulder in the way, and it maybe was just something that hits, like because you got tired of people like assuming things about you. And that's where this game was great, because there's the thing that's unbelievable when you're playing football, no matter what position you play, it's the most eclectic group of people. You know, like you play a line or you play linebacker, receiver, like you just it's just a mixed bag of people and.
Speaker 4: You kind of find identity.
Speaker 5: And it was like, all right, well, people say, well because you went to a private school where your dad's got money, Like all right, well, now I can to play football and try to beat the shit out of somebody and prove if I'm better or not, and you would learn a lot of valuable lessons. And so it just really motivated me to say, like, there's something where I can prove it where people can't say, oh, you're only getting ahead because of this, And so that kind of motivated me and my dad and then obviously you realize as you grow older. Sure like you'd be moron not to realize, like something's different, right.
Speaker 4: Like I and going back to what I was talking about earlier, like with my dad, like he would let us travel with him, like if he wanted to know that my brother and sisters wanted. I went to my dad every when I was.
Speaker 1: Younger Southwest one through fifteen, early bird special but.
Speaker 5: Like you know, I and then looking back on it, it was like unbelievable experiences like the places I got to go with them and the people I got to meet, absolutely, and so.
Speaker 4: He just kept that in mind.
Speaker 5: It's like, look, if you don't earn it yourself, like it's not going to mean as much to you.
Speaker 4: And it's kind of what he instilled into me.
Speaker 5: So like even going to the high school, like like surely I didn't need a scholarship, but that was like a big deal in me, Like no doubt, right, it's like one of the like yet I had it, and yeah, I just have to get my parents out credit and all all my brother and sisters. Like if you ask anybody, like my mom would snap us off and my dad would like he wasn't going to tolerate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the hell of a job. And then you get into college world and into college culture and there's no like. You learned a lot there playing ball too, so.
Speaker 5: Sure you learn a lot about it. I mean every separate way. But uh, that's why I love being involved in football because you just you run into so many cool people. Yeah, interesting people, just different. There's nothing like it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, yeah, football is unique. Man.
Speaker 2: Now you're on the bus.
Speaker 4: Now I'm on a bus.
Speaker 5: Now I'm on a bus where I pulled in this parking lot and didn't know what was gonna happen.
Speaker 2: You walk in the bus and then just start talking and how dope your parents are. How great of a job they did.
Speaker 1: So yeah, I gotta give him credit due that's that's pretty awesome. That is that's got to be for him too, to not be like, yo, I'm making like this much money and not to be like get flashy or like maybe loses himself. That he got him to that point, that says a lot about him, man. Because I saw something on Twitter, the idea. It's like, uh, it's like rich people dressed like this, and it showed like Bill Gates and all those guys and they're wearing like like you just said, like khakis and yeah, driving pickups and a collared shirt and they poor people just like this and it's like Gucci belt, Louis Vuitton this but proud of that. You know what I'm saying. Yeah, it's it's it's crazy, like, yeah, the less let's flashy, the better, dude, go for this homeless look man, yeah, man, keeping it over and over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, boy, No, it's uh.
Speaker 5: He's awesome. I talked to him all the time. He's he helps me out on something. It's funny.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 5: The one thing I tried to he'll never do it. He doesn't want to write a book. But he's got all these like fascinating stories, like you can ask for something like if you just put the random topic like have you ever been so and been here?
Speaker 4: Have you ever met so and so?
Speaker 5: Like you was just daying it like Vladimir Putin and he's like, yeah, I met him in France blah blah blah, and he can tell you a story about it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Or he'd be like Elvis and he'd be like, well, I was growing up. Elvis was my neighbor to the backyard.
Speaker 5: And I had a little dog running to him and you know he played with the dog and like, you know, stuff like that. It's like, I want him to write these stories down and he's got way more than that.
Speaker 4: I'm not gonna you can't run it.
Speaker 2: He might be on the bus one day.
Speaker 4: He could be on a bus.
Speaker 1: Would he come on the bus?
Speaker 4: You think interesting?
Speaker 5: I think John cal Perry tried to get him to a podcast, to get on his podcast at some point, and he thought about it because him and cal Perry, when cal was in Memphis, they got to know each other pretty well. I think he thought about it.
Speaker 4: I don't know. I mean, it's worth a shot.
Speaker 3: What if his son called him up, he dad, man, you know boys, man, I just got on the bus and they want you.
Speaker 2: I think it'd be awesome.
Speaker 5: He's got a sense of humor, you know, as as serious as he looks like, he's got a pretty good sense of humor.
Speaker 4: So he'd ask him that question.
Speaker 1: Want to do that intimidated the bus? So whatever you want to talk about here? Do you want my mic?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Do you have any questions for us? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I try to get more stuff out of him now because and I just want somebody like writes my brothers and I have talked about this, like, just want to get somebody to write these stories now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know that's what you need.
Speaker 1: Man, As someone who's done as much as he has, it'd almost be unfair to the world to not give out the stories.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 1: Has he met Kim Jong Um or whatever his name is. No, he is not, but just thinking a name, understanding their names of I had Frank Sinatra, Arnold Seneger. He's definitely met Frank. I love to hear that story, dude.
Speaker 5: I mean I can call him right now and ask him, is that bad radio?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, we have a we have a Bluetooth hooked up.
Speaker 4: He'd be so confused.
Speaker 5: That, hey, I'm on a bus in a podcast in a remote location.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He might be like, oh that's great boos Will Compton.
Speaker 1: Oh man, Jesus, hey, Jesus, just trashing you over there? Know what a dinky dude. That's awesome. I appreciate you coming.
Speaker 4: On the podcast. I didn't incriminate myself.
Speaker 1: I think he did a great job. I think he really did.
Speaker 4: You guys gonna hit like you've seen some of these things take off. I really hope it does, because you know, a lot of this stuff.
Speaker 5: This podcast is gonna get me through film watching. I watched film and I listened to podcasts.
Speaker 2: Well, I hope you hopefully you listen to this.
Speaker 4: Oh, I've gone through.
Speaker 5: I mean, I know this is my my own, but I enjoyed the delay anyone. I'm really curious to honest you guys get on here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we got some talks to some people. We just gotta start putting up more in motion. You know what I'm saying. I think the more stuff we put out like this podcast, because of who you are and how no one's really spoke to you yet, I think a lot of people will be really interested in this. So we appreciate you coming on.
Speaker 4: No, thanks a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can ever do anything to come on now.
Speaker 1: Raves, dude, I talked to Raves the other day when he talked talked to us about like, you know, just be smart or whatever, and I'm like, you know, Will still wants you in the podcast. He goes, oh, I got something for Will whenever he wants.
Speaker 3: Me Taylor and said, tell Will if he has any balls, you'll have me on the pod.
Speaker 1: I'd be worried about him disrespecting me in front of the boys.
Speaker 3: I'll be talking squad yeah, cut it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh we could. He's good at that, man, he's so witty. He is last thing we'll talk about and then we we'll jump off this thing. Man. But he's he'll get in there and he'll be like, so and so, what do you think of this? And cover two? Yeah, I'll let you know obviously a little long, maybe share some of your boys and he'll just go into it. Or when he pulls up the notes of you know what, players say.
Speaker 2: Hey, Rashan, you might want to write this ship down. It's important.
Speaker 1: He gets those rookies, man, he gets them. I'm gonna shave them up, dude, Like, dude, start to lock in. Yeah, like he came at like Stinny and Stinny's on his p's and Ques. Yeah, locked and locked and it's awesome.
Speaker 5: Rashawan on the caravan is still the most impressive things I've ever seen on the caravan He's done.
Speaker 4: I think every one of them.
Speaker 1: He missed one, did he really?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Someone in his family past so we had to go to a funeral or something like that. But his his goal was to be the first Titans player to ever do it.
Speaker 2: To do what you go to all the caravans? Really? Yeah, RAS's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Man, What a unique thing to be the first to do.
Speaker 2: I want to be the first.
Speaker 1: I's like Ripley's believe it or not, like first person to stack forty seven paper clips on top of each other, like something ridiculous. Okay, that's a world record.
Speaker 2: But hey, Ray, I'm sure you're going to listen to this.
Speaker 3: You texted Taylor and said, if Will has any balls, to get me on the bus. And I'm telling you, if you have any balls, text me to get on the bus.
Speaker 2: Oh, don't run it with that juice. No, that's solid. That was solid.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what, man, I'm being the next team meeting after this thing airs.
Speaker 4: Hey what yeah, you tell.
Speaker 1: Compton that if here's any balls that I got, the balls, that we got the balls, I
Speaker 4: Have me on