Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center. Jack Armstrong is Joe Getty Armstrong and Jetty and now he Armstrong and Yetty Iran will not have a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: It's a bold and dangerous mission, a gift to the world, historic courtesy of a bold and historic president.
Speaker 3: I do think it is a gift to the world, and it's bold and historic, and the world ain't feeling it that way though, no at all. Anyway. That's Pete Hegzet's Secretary of War a little earlier today.
Speaker 1: He goes on to say, not only is.
Speaker 2: The blockade growing, in fact, a second aircraft carrier will join the blockade in just a few days, but this growing blockade is also gone global. Just this week, we seized two Iranian dark fleet ships in the Indo Pacific region that had left Iranian ports before the blockade went into effect. They thought they'd made it out just in time.
Speaker 1: They did not.
Speaker 2: We seized their sanctioned ships, and we will seize more.
Speaker 3: The blockade has gone global. Wherever there's an Iranian ship on the seas in the world, we're gonna grab it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I hadn't been aware of this, But the Iranian ships are all like trying to run the blockade, because we're not blasting them out of existence. We just say it's like getting a speeding ticket. Essentially pull them over and say hey, you got to go back to port. And so there's very little risk for them, and so they go between our ships. Then they essentially they like turn off their transponders and turn off their headlights and like kill their cell phone and just think.
Speaker 1: Let's see how far we can make it.
Speaker 4: Well, you know, we've got global satellite imagery, so we say that ship right there is that got a transponder on up, I'll bet it's the ghost Fleet, and we bust them. Happens every day now, lots and lots of times.
Speaker 1: So we'll probably play some Trump a little bit later.
Speaker 3: He had a pretty contentious, as he usually does, press conference yesterday about the endless War and price of gas and this and that. But Pete Hegzeth addressed the whole endless War's campaign thingy that comes up a lot.
Speaker 2: The real endless war is the war that Iron has waged on us for forty seven years. President Trump is the only president with the guts and moral clarity to finally.
Speaker 1: Do something about it. I see it every day behind closed doors.
Speaker 2: President Trump's fortitude is unshakable and his mission is crystal clear. President Trump said it again yesterday. We have all the time in the world.
Speaker 3: I wish he didn't feel the need to talk about how great Trump is when he's giving me update on the wars.
Speaker 4: I get that if you're in Trump's cabinet or you know whatever, you've got to just just praise him, just lap his boots up and down every single day.
Speaker 1: I realize that's part of the deal.
Speaker 4: But it's humiliating and ridiculous, and we're gonna talk to my clients to kick off next hour.
Speaker 1: It makes it about Trump all.
Speaker 3: The time, right, which is not good. But I thought his original point was a good one.
Speaker 2: Though.
Speaker 3: You talk about endless wars. Iran has been waging a half century war on us, not like some sort of metaphorical paper you know what war, and of that economic no killing our soldiers' war and a constantly attacking our allies forming regional armies. Right now, there are Iranian backed milicious in Iraq.
Speaker 1: That's the next front of the war.
Speaker 4: Iraq is this thing inevitably spreads, and we're doing all sorts of financial things to deny.
Speaker 1: Them cash too.
Speaker 4: But they have vicious Islamist proxies all over the region that they used to attack us and our allies and have for half a century.
Speaker 3: So we were discussing a little last hour of why people don't care about this word, don't take it seriously, or the media doesn't take it seriously, and it occurred to me one reason might be and it's a question. They asked Donald Trump yesterday, would you use a nuclear weapon?
Speaker 2: Answer on you posted on try social.
Speaker 1: No, we don't need this. Why do I need it? Why would a stupid question like that be asked? Do you know why would I? Why would I use a nuclear weapon?
Speaker 4: We've totally, in a very conventional way decimated them without it.
Speaker 1: Now I would use a nuclear weapon. Should never be allowed to be used by anybody.
Speaker 3: I don't know where that question came from, would you use a nuke? But Trump there at the end saying a nuclear weapon should never be used by anyway.
Speaker 1: I think that might.
Speaker 3: Be part of Because we were going with the we are so comfortable and economically powerful, and our standard of living is so high for the average person that we just we can't even let minor any sort of problem around the world enter our heads. We just think everything will be like this forever and das is more expensive.
Speaker 1: Uh so we complain about that.
Speaker 3: We can't imagine there being giant, you know, disruptions in the world, and one of those would be Iran having a nuclear weapon. Nuclear weapons have only been around for what eighty years, and luckily, thank god, they haven't been used since the end of World War Two, but that could all change in the blink of an eye if some nut jobs like the Mulla's got a nuclear weapon. I just don't think the average person at all appreciates that. Pete Heggsath's saying we're doing a favor to the world if we stop and I think we are stop those crazy nihilists from having an age bos that is unbelievable as a turn of history. But I don't think the average person gets that.
Speaker 4: And a regime that is fundamentally different than say in North Korea. North Korea doesn't have a religion based, devout expansionist philosophy.
Speaker 1: Please, they just want to keep their weird ass.
Speaker 4: The Kims are the only people with money regime going well.
Speaker 1: Thank God, that was holy correct. Thank God.
Speaker 3: It's true so far with North Korea, but we've vowed they would never get a nuclear weapon over and over again, but we'ren't really willing to actually do economics stronger economic sanctions, which never ever work. Drives me nuts that people talk about them all the time, So I think that might be the crux of the whole thing. People can't imagine that anyone would actually use a nuclear weapon, right because it's just it hasn't happened.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And I normally I don't like it when Trump presents, so I would ask that's just a big question. It makes him seem like it's just he's down there, he's lowering himself.
Speaker 1: But that was a fairly stupid question one.
Speaker 3: Of our mister President, what about kama Kazi pilots? Are you willing to use kamakazi pilots? What about strapping bombs to al pacas and sending them into Iran?
Speaker 4: What are you talking about? Nobody's talking about nuking anybody. We're talking about prevention, preventing nukes, you twit.
Speaker 3: One of the reasons nukes are on my mind is I'm rereading Ike's bluff, which is a fantastic book if you're into that sort of thing. But it's about the uh early part of the Eisenhower administration that I'm in right now. And Russia has just detonated their first h bomb, letting the world know that they've got it, and now there's the bomb race between US and Russia. But it was all brand new, and it had been so recently that we had used nuclear weapons, and they were new on the seed.
Speaker 1: It was still.
Speaker 3: Treated as just like a really powerful weapon, like it was on the table to use nukes. And Ike was having the conversations of and he ended up being against this, but they were having a conversation of, well, should we hit Russia the Soviet Union with nukes while we still have the edge over them, so that they don't catch up with us, like preemptively nuking Moscow because it's an arms race and this is the latest hot weapon. And over time it has become unthinkable that when anybody would use a nuclear weapon, but it's totally in our imaginations that it's unthinkable. It could be incredibly thinkable if the wrong person has it, If you are utterly to your marrow convinced that this is what the Lord God commands you to do. You would use it, boy, And you talk about the world as a different place tomorrow than it was today, like it felt after nine to eleven. Somebody uses a nuke somewhere, Holy crap, everything on planet Earth would change so much, so fast.
Speaker 1: But you don't You.
Speaker 4: Want to have to be in that position. Don't let a ran get a nuke. It reminds me of the old saying. I say is a transition that the definition of a conservative is a liberal who's been robbed or mugged or burgled. And that's why simply save home security is such a great idea, So you don't join that list. Simply Safe is not just a camera that texts you, hey, there's a guy breaking in your window, like some of the other systems do. It's a comprehensive ecosystem of sensors, cameras for inside and out, twenty four to seven professional monitoring. In the event of a break in or even like a fire or a flood, simply safes agents are ready to take action. So if you're on an airplane or in a meeting, or in the shower or something, the cops.
Speaker 1: Are still going to get called. Do those other security systems use such a mundane tone, might as well somebody's robbing you. So here's a text. I guess you ought to do something about it.
Speaker 4: Simply for giving us your money for our crappy system, I have.
Speaker 3: Simply saying oh and thanks. You're locked in for two years, whether you like it or not. That's not the way it works. With simply no contract, you are not locked into anything. They earn your business every.
Speaker 4: Day twenty four to seven, monitoring for a fraction of what the traditional brands charge. It's so affordable and right now, you good people can get fifty percent off your new simply Safe system. It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong, it's simply save tok comslash Armstrong.
Speaker 1: There's no safe like simply Safe. Do that this weekend.
Speaker 3: I promised to shut up about this. I know I've brought this up many times over the years. I just don't think people get nuclear weapons and what it would do to planet Earth if we start using them. Eisenhower when he found out that Russia had a nuke, and then he got a report from actually Oppenheimer himself wrote a report on what h bombs would do.
Speaker 1: That's another thing. People don't get what we have now are h bombs.
Speaker 3: They've never been used because the bombs we used in World War Two were the regular atomic bombs.
Speaker 1: Each bombs are way bigger deal than that. I mean, not even close.
Speaker 3: And when Eisenhower got the report from oppenheimery actually cried, thinking the world is doomed. It's amazing that we've gone all these years without blowing ourselves up. And you're gonna let Iran get a nuke because gas is a dollar a gallon higher.
Speaker 4: Wow, well said he's Jack Armstrong. All right, we need as conservatives, we need to change our strategy to win over hearts and minds. I was absolutely shocked by something I read earlier today.
Speaker 1: I'm going to share it with you. Colt All on the way, stay here.
Speaker 5: According to his studies, salmon exposed to cocaine in the water can swim longer distances. In fact, I feel like we're gonna just keep going until they find an ATM.
Speaker 1: They call the guy.
Speaker 3: Back, Oh this is a different salmon cocaine Joe. I guess yes, sir, I'm gonna buy a boat, says the salmon. You're gonna buy a boat your fish? Oh boy, So every morning is I get ready for the show. I plow through various news what do.
Speaker 1: You call him?
Speaker 4: Newsletters that have all the headline and analysis stuff like that, including the New York Times, which is sometimes interesting.
Speaker 1: US stealing other people's material to have something to talk about. That's what both please. That's what I say on my IRS forms.
Speaker 4: What do you do for a living? I steal other people anyway? And the morning editor, what's his face? Sam Sifton writes, I grew up reading Harper's Index, a collection of statistics that has run in Harper's magazine since nineteen eighty four. There's something both spare and illuminating about each one. The collected facts amount to a kind of poetry, as these stanzas from the May issue suggest. The percentage of Americans who say that as children they knew a compassionate, non judgmental adult thirty five percent.
Speaker 1: What percentage?
Speaker 4: Oh, I'm just getting started, trust me, trust me as your tour guide.
Speaker 1: I'm just getting started, all right.
Speaker 4: Percentage of those thirty five percent who say their mother was such a person, fifty percent that say their father was five percent. Oh god, And I'm like, wait, what I got to go to the original source. And so I'm reading these statistics and they are so clearly leftist, you know, lack of contest propaganda, including how much worse America is under Trump and the rest of it. And there are a bunch of statistics. Average total value of reported OSHA penalties levied against US workplaces each month between nine and twenty four, it's eighteen million since Trump's second inauguration, just ten million.
Speaker 1: So obviously workers are getting abused and beaten. It's not like port reformer, regulatory reformer or anything like that. So it's just it's just ridiculous. But I just kept going because it was so amazing.
Speaker 4: Oh and it's try to spin the yarn that we dance on the We're the puppet at the end of Israel strings, which is just the most idiotic of tropes.
Speaker 1: We just watched your theory right in. He's got a text about that. We'll have to read later. Yeah, you're too stupid to text us stop. Wow. Wow. So I feel like that was an over cafinated response.
Speaker 4: God, that was And you know what's funny is my theme, this is ironic. My theme was going to be not to people like that, but to semi delusional progressives in our lives, in our professions, in our towns, whatever, and maybe in our churches. They have no idea who we are and what we think.
Speaker 1: They have no idea.
Speaker 4: And so if they come off as like hostile and weird in a lot of cases, it's because they've been reading this steaming pile of crap type stuff.
Speaker 1: All right, here I go, I'm really getting down to it now.
Speaker 4: The portion of Republicans under the age of fifty you describe themselves as antisemitic one in four who described themselves as.
Speaker 1: Racist, three and ten.
Speaker 3: Three in ten Republicans described themselves as racist, and they cite the source of a Manhattan Institute poll.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, all right, So I go from that to a source to.
Speaker 3: The Manhattan Institute, what the hell are you people talking about?
Speaker 1: And it took me a long time.
Speaker 4: I finally got to the source material the poll, and I found that question regarding individuals who openly expressed the following what comes closer to your view regarding their role in your party, in political movement racist views? And one of the choices was of those sort of people, I am such a person, And fifteen percent of Republicans allegedly said I am such a person I hold quote unquote racist views. Okay, it was fifteen percent, not thirty percent, So what the hell just happened there?
Speaker 1: And I'm skeptical about the fifteen percent what it means.
Speaker 4: Exactly Unless they're including the twenty two percent who said I've had enough of cancel culture, this should not count against them. And I say quote unquote racist views because.
Speaker 1: We all know.
Speaker 4: If, for instance, the Manhattan Institute and they are, and Harper's and they are, have bought the whole anti racism garbage to say America is the land of opportunity bingo, that is a racist attitude. So if somebody said that's a racist statitude then asked me do you hold racist views, I'd say, well, by your definition, yes, yes I do, and I'm proud of them, and I'd like to tell you about them. So again, the people who read, for instance, the New York Times, and this is not like the Jacobin or Jacobin or the you know, mother Jones, this is the New York Times, they have no idea who I am and what I think. And so maybe we can be a little more outreachy and a little less punch in the facie for people who just think conservatives are dumb, mean eracists.
Speaker 1: What was that first one? Though?
Speaker 3: Have you as a kid, do you know anybody who is nice and compassionate or something?
Speaker 4: Did you know any non compassionate, non a compassionate, non judgmental adult just thirty five percent who said their father. Was that five percent? Well, perhaps by I don't know whatever definition you use, I would say my father and virtually every buddy who I values father was judgmental in that they're that's good, that's bad, don't do that. That's a mistake. Son, that's not judgmental, that's judgment.
Speaker 1: I can't even imagine what they mean to come up with that number. Dream World. That is why dream World.
Speaker 3: We ought to get to this text about us a dance and to the end of the puppet strings of Israel.
Speaker 1: Not on an idiot.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I've got to try some decaf. But the space race is different than you thought. Elon with an interesting tweet today, Stay.
Speaker 6: Armstrong and getty. A major arrest tied to a suspicious thirty two thousand dollars bet that paid out in January by a trader who used the name Burdensome mix. The bet was a long shot that longtime Venezuelan president Nicolas Maduro would be out by the end of January.
Speaker 1: Shortly after it.
Speaker 6: Was placed, a covert US military operation ensued, extracting Maduro. Law enforcement now alleging that the trader who made over four hundred thousand dollars is US Special Forces soldier Gannon Ken van Dijk and that he was involved in the planning and execution of the Maduro raid.
Speaker 3: Guessing he's a young man, did they give his age? And I don't know what your salary is and the Special Forces, but it wouldn't be that much. And four hundred thousand dollars is a lot of money. It's thirty eight. Yeah, it's funny. This whole polymarket predictions market betting thing is so out of control.
Speaker 1: As we're about to hear and there's there's danger in this.
Speaker 4: There's a small part of me that thinks, wow, dude, got.
Speaker 1: The word there going, he threw a little bit down. Nobody noticed. What's the harm?
Speaker 3: Well, the harm would be, I understand, I understand that. I think I said that it myself earlier. The harm would be, though people start doing things or not doing things because they've got the bet. So you don't want anybody with any decision making saying yes, we're going to Maduro even though something changed and now wouldn't be a good time, or the other way around, to make money.
Speaker 1: You don't want that happening. Well, and there's that's absolutely true, and there's more to it than that. I mean, like fixing games.
Speaker 3: It's the exact same thing is fixing basketball games?
Speaker 1: Right? Or this, let's get to seventy two Michael John Miller.
Speaker 7: This is a Q too foreign intelligence service is to watch the anomalist bets on these platforms, which is a relatively new phenomena to say, you know, do we see a clue here and can we trace these things back? Are we getting inside information by default that way? Which is just another national security risk? But it's a brave new world out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Don't know about that because it would be such a short amount of time. Like I'm thinking of the one where all the people did the oil future stuff right before Trump came out and said no, we're not going to bomb them. What would if you'd have figured that out, you'd have had I don't know, fifteen minutes to do what.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in that case, I can't come up with the what. But in general, it's absolutely a terrible thing. If you have, you know, the whole Pentagon staff rushing to put bets on polymarket. If you have bet the troops arrive by Friday, No, no, we can't have that.
Speaker 3: Man, if you have one guy in a big operation who stands to make four hundred thousand dollars if because then you kind of get into the pete rose. As long as you're betting on yourself, it's a little more palatable. But what if you ever bet against yourself?
Speaker 1: Clearly?
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, or you know, I'm using my imagination here, but it's not that outlandish. If you thought, oh, shoot.
Speaker 1: Was dropping this mom thatndor been funny?
Speaker 4: Oh darn it, I bet like my next four house payments that we wouldn't extract Maduro. Maybe this helicopter develops a mechanical problem right now. You can't have troops gambling on the actions of the troops. Good lord, when you break it down, No, and.
Speaker 3: I don't like that because the kind of people we picture as being in special forces, that's not a good personality Trait.
Speaker 1: Got to be more disciplined than that. Yeah, that's seventy one Michael.
Speaker 6: Fifteen minutes before President Donald Trump posted on Tuesday that he would extend a ceasefire with Iron, traders placed a whopping four one hundred and thirty million dollar bet that oil prices would drop. The trade is one of four massive bets that preceded major announcements in the US Iran conflicts since late March. Last Friday, investors bet seven hundred and sixty million dollars that oil prices would drop. Twenty minutes later, Iran's foreign minister said the Straight of Horn Moves would reopen. After the post, oil futures fell eleven percent and earlier this month, less than three hours before President Trump announced on truth Social a US ceasefire with Iran, traders had bet nine hundred and fifty million dollars that oil prices would fall. Oil futures fell fifteen percent after the post. There are no obvious ties between the trades and White House officials.
Speaker 1: That clip is not what I thought it was.
Speaker 4: It was all about market well, one of those Zeitcher's market investments, one of those.
Speaker 3: Didn't it suggest that there were inside there was insider trading around people that were in the Iranian government because they announced the strait was open, and a whole bunch of trading happened before that. See, I'm sure Mola's going in in trading from here.
Speaker 4: The IRGC remember there a corporation that is also an army. Back to the case of the gentleman, the Special Forces guy who is busted number one. He took part in the planning and execution of the mission, and he received a classified briefing about the plans, signed a non disclosure agreement that he would never reveal the information by writing word conduct or otherwise, and absolutely violated the oaths of his office.
Speaker 1: What did he get arrested for? Oh, gosh, uh, charged with commodity and wire fraud.
Speaker 4: That's the that's the charge. You hold him on and then you work up the other ones, I would suggest. But he will be drummed out of the surface on the service almost certainly.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 4: I wanted to get back to the polymarket thing as opposed to oil's futures markets.
Speaker 3: Because he is involved in the pl You definitely can't have somebody involved in the planning betting on this stuff.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's horrifying, It's terrible, terrible.
Speaker 4: And there's another piece in Wall Street journal that goes into some of the oil market stuff.
Speaker 1: But they also point out that it's like.
Speaker 3: Everywhere there are and there are you think the prop bets for the super Bowl or odd Evidently there are prop bets about whether the temperature will hit a certain level in Paris during the next month.
Speaker 1: You can bet on that.
Speaker 4: And the guy involved in the weather monitoring station at de Gal Airport evidently was tampering with the equipment to juice up the temperatures so that he would win bets on polymarket. So I think all around the world, anybody who's hip to this at all thinks, okay, is there a bet involving what I do for a living or what I have special knowledge of?
Speaker 1: And everybody's betting.
Speaker 3: Yeah. The more examples, the examples are starting to build up enough that I think we all realize this can continue.
Speaker 1: So is there any stopping it?
Speaker 3: Is the question off shore gambling sites, I mean, is there any way to stop this?
Speaker 1: Gosh, I don't know, I don't I don't know.
Speaker 3: First of all, who are all you people that bet on this stuff? I understand betting on it if I have a way to influence it, But people who are just betting.
Speaker 1: On average temperatures. What are you doing with your life?
Speaker 4: Well, and here's betting on whether the Russians will gain control of a Ukrainian town. And it's all based on an online map maintained by the Institute for the Study of War. And just as Polymarket's betting contract was set to expire, isw's map erroneously showed this little town to be under Russian control, even though Russia hadn't actually captured the town. The bets paid off, blah blah blah. Well, the think tank later apologized and fired an employee or the incident.
Speaker 1: So this dude, realize.
Speaker 4: Hey, wait a minute, I got access to this map. People are betting on the map. I know what I'll do.
Speaker 3: See if you're not involved, though, I mean, how could you just thinking, like from a libertarian point of view, If you and I want to bet, I don't know, pick something.
Speaker 1: Anything.
Speaker 3: You and I want to bet whether Elon Musk gets to Mars in our lifetime, how could anybody.
Speaker 1: Legally stop us? I know, I agree, right.
Speaker 3: And then you so you grow it a little bigger to where I think you know, there's a whole bunch of people interested in this bet. Take the money, and then I'll hand it out at the end when we get through. Why would you want the government to say that's illegal? But if you're involved in it, clearly it's a different thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: As a small libertarian, and I know you agree with this, I say, don't outlaw the behavior. That's a super wide net that catches people who ought.
Speaker 1: To be able to do what they want. Like yesterday you were talking about it.
Speaker 4: If you want to walk down the street with a beer, for God's sake, let people walk.
Speaker 1: Down the street with a beer.
Speaker 3: Most of the world.
Speaker 1: It's fine, But in the US we're so uptight about it.
Speaker 3: Well, we can't permit that because we might have public drunkenness and brawling and fornication in the city parks and blah blah blah. No, you put your sanctioned the illegal behavior, which all we already do. And because adults who don't engage in that exactly ought to be able to enjoy themselves, which would be ninety nine percent of people who wouldn't commit any crime.
Speaker 4: Why with the beer? So I think we're back to that. I mean, you can bet on whatever the hell you want. You can ruin your life, you can you know, bankrupt your family, I suppose, although that's despicable, but no, you can't do insider trading or bet on the movement of troops or whatever section that.
Speaker 3: But the parallels with the sports thing is so good because the reason they didn't allow gambling on a lot of these things for so long is it's really hard to police everybody, and it's so tempting.
Speaker 1: Right exactly, I'm trying to come up with right metaphor.
Speaker 4: But there's some parts of society that you'd have to make them air tight to protect them, and that's impossible, so that temptation outside of the would be air tight zone.
Speaker 1: You can't permit that because it would just go crazy.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure you can stop this as we were talking about, but if you're gonna have, you know, some lower level guy that's not involved in the planning, but he gets told tomorrow, we're going tomorrow, we're grabbing Manduro tomorrow, and he has an opportunity to make, you know, more than he makes in a year by jumping on one of these betting sites.
Speaker 1: It'd be pretty tempting.
Speaker 4: And I am not impugning nor accusing anybody specific, but there are sports trainers, many of them who work for every single major league sports team.
Speaker 1: Oh, and they.
Speaker 4: Know who's hurt, who's a little hurt, and all of that stuff. And they might not make the bets themselves, but their cousin Jimmy, is you're willing to do it, and then Jimmy's more than happy to go in fifty to fifty on that new boat.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah.
Speaker 3: If you've ever known anybody who's working for a sports team, they always have information on the injuries that isn't known.
Speaker 4: Right right, Or if the quarterback, the backup quarterback is really struggling in practice all that stuff.
Speaker 3: Or got drunk last night or whatever. Dudes, under pressure, he's gonna have a couple of drinks, stop judging him.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I don't know if this is gonna be stopped, but I really want my special Forces dudes like and if you're not just in the Special Forces, but at the level where you're involved in the planning of capturing Maduro, one of the most amazing things our military has ever done, you don't want that kind of guy to be gambling.
Speaker 4: Also, right right, that's an interesting story. Looking forward to talking to Mike Lions to kick off next hour. A great perspective on how people are taking in the war and around. Plus, we need to check in on Zoron Mundami, the islamiunist mayor.
Speaker 1: Of New York. His socialist grocery store plan is coming along. It's really quite interesting.
Speaker 4: It's absolutely hilariously incredibly ridiculous.
Speaker 3: How much perspective do you want on a Friday. Ben Sass, who's dying of pancreatic cancer, going to be on sixty minutes this Sunday night, got a couple of clips of that pretty interesting.
Speaker 4: Before he was in the straits, he's in oh man, I think I'm thinking about this exactly like you. I know I should listen to it. I need to take a deep breath and get.
Speaker 1: Ready for it. Maybe Monday is better for that.
Speaker 4: I think maybe Friday something that little brain food for the weekend, something to meditate on.
Speaker 1: We'll flip a coin. Well, yeah, we'll think about it. Can you talking to their sixty seconds? I got one hundred and fifty dollars riding now. Hilarious, Michael, hilarious. He We will be right back, Andy, who would just so?
Speaker 3: CNN has a breaking news US military developing plans to hit straight defenses. So re engaging the kinetic action, which of course could be a purposeful leak to signal the bad guys. Anyway, more on that later. So this is an interesting idea. This is a husband who took the texts from his pregnant wife between him and his pregnant wife and turned them into a song.
Speaker 1: Is that what happened with He used AI and turned it into a punk rock song. Here we go, why Starving? Darving?
Speaker 2: By Hi, my back is broken and the baby is pancing myris.
Speaker 1: I'm still dying. I'm dying.
Speaker 8: Dyes, that is fantastic.
Speaker 1: That's so funny.
Speaker 3: You cheated on me in my dream. That's such a classic pregnant woman that sort of dreamed.
Speaker 4: Oh my, I'm so hungry, but nothing sounds good.
Speaker 1: You find me some food like you're on an island. Oh that is good. Hilarious, dying, he's broken, I'm dying. I've never laughed so hard attacked at the same time. That is really really fantastic. Yeah, Oh that's hilarious.
Speaker 4: Hope all the moms and moms to be enjoying that, and dads and dads.
Speaker 1: To be as well.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is unintentionally hilarious. Although you know every time I start to giggle about it, I realize, oh, that's right. Most young people fall for this and are about to volford again. Zorn Mumdani, the islamiunist running New York City, is out with his exciting city run grocery stores plan. He said last week that the city is going to build its first store in East Harlem. It should open by the year twenty twenty nine. Ah Ah, we could start there. And the estimated cost this is the estimated cost. And Jack, what happens to estimated costs and government programs going place?
Speaker 1: They're like speed limit signs. Ah.
Speaker 4: The estimated cost of this one store is thirty million dollars, to be done in twenty twenty nine. As the Journal Editorial Board points out, even in New York City.
Speaker 1: That cost is out of this world.
Speaker 4: You don't need to build a store from scratch when space can be refurnished or refurbished and rented. But the mayor wants a gleaming, nine thousand square foot example of what he called the warmth of collectivism in his inaugural address. He wants a store at each of the city's five burroughs by the end of his term. At an estimated cost of seventy million dollars.
Speaker 3: And what is the math that allows you to have healthy food at a lower price than other stores?
Speaker 1: What is the math on that? I just.
Speaker 4: I know the margins and groceries are extremely low. The plan is for the city to select private operators to run the stores, albeit with what will be strict rules for pricing and wage rates for the unionized of course employees, while subsidizing staples like bread and eggs. In other words, price controls, wage controls, and taxpayers subsidized to bread and eggs.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if you get it for cheaper than you can get it at a grocery store across the street, it's because taxpayers are filling in the rest of the amount.
Speaker 4: Right and the unforeseen concept quinces of the already moronic system of collectivism and socialism. Now, one advantage that a government run operation has is that they can operate with subsidized.
Speaker 1: Capital and pay no taxes.
Speaker 4: Oh and they don't need to make a profit, so the city will pick up any rental cost. So that means the Islamist or Islamiinist grocery stores will be able to undercut prices at the private grocery stores and bodegas in the neighborhoods around them, putting them out of business. Right, this kind of collectivist competition is not what the other store owners would call warm.
Speaker 3: You're right, So I did everything completely legal. I bought some land, I built the building, I follow all the regulations, I opened up a corner grocery store.
Speaker 1: Blah blah blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: And now nobody buys my stuff because I'm charging what you have to charge to make a profit. And that place over there gets subsidized by tax payers.
Speaker 4: During the years where it exists, including the two or three years in which it's utterly crumbling and people are begging the government to close it because it's bleeding money, but they hold on to it a California bullet train style.
Speaker 1: So, yeah, it's a miserable idea. Well, that's so unfair actual competitors.
Speaker 4: Yeah, business fall, business people, entrepreneurs, Americans.
Speaker 1: Of course, he thinks they shouldn't exist, probably so
Speaker 6: Armstrong and getty