Speaker 1: And now I've got an owl that we're probably gonna hear an owl.
Speaker 2: That's I keep hearing an owl outside.
Speaker 3: It's daytime. What are they doing? What he needs to go to sleep?
Speaker 2: I think Alice could be a week during the day. Sometimes I don't know, but it's definitely like.
Speaker 3: Where are you.
Speaker 2: New Jersey? Bradley?
Speaker 4: What'd you say, New Jersey?
Speaker 2: You know the owls, the owl capital of the world.
Speaker 5: I'm in Bradley, California, which is like a tiny, tiny, one block town, I think, uh, north of a pasta robas nice.
Speaker 3: Are you on just a little camping trip?
Speaker 2: I have just emerged from the woods? Yeah, of course, No, it was. It was.
Speaker 5: It was with my buddy Ocean and another friend of ours John.
Speaker 2: It was. It was pretty intense, actually it was. It was a good Uh, it was a good time.
Speaker 3: Ultimately, did you see a bear?
Speaker 5: No, we saw rattlesnake, big rattlesnake. But no, it was We started off so you know, Ocean and I had been have been backpacking since together since we were eleven, but uh, and we've gone on a few trips just by ourselves, but this time we invited John and uh, we started we had to like meet up between the three of us and all driving from different places. And we finally get to there, and we had been reading trail reports about where we were going. It was like it wasn't quite open for the season, like a lot of the areas, like a lot of the trails were closed, and like, yeah, the trails.
Speaker 2: Haven't been maintained. There's a lot of poison oak, there's a lot of ticks, there's a lot of rattlesnakes, Like will be fine. And then at the last minute, I was like, you know, maybe maybe we should bring a machete.
Speaker 5: And I'm so glad we did because it turns out we were probably the second people to be on this trail this season, because like we should we walk. We start the hike, and you know, it's a lot of gear. You're like loading up all your stuff. It's a lot of organization and a lot of coordination. So we didn't actually hit the trail till like five PM, so which is kind of like there's a time clock.
Speaker 2: Now we're trying to hike in a few miles.
Speaker 5: And so we start the hike and immediately just hit a river crossing where a tree is falling and there's no way to get across.
Speaker 2: We're like, oh, okay, well the adventure begins.
Speaker 5: You know, We're like scrambling and figuring out, and then we get across. We're like, this is definitely the trail. We have found the trail. Look at and there is a sea of poison oak.
Speaker 3: Oh my yash all, like, you know.
Speaker 5: As tall as us covering the trail. There is no trail. It's just poison oak and ocean.
Speaker 2: Was like, that's it. I'm turning around. I'm not no, We're not doing that. We're like, come on, We've coordinated, like all of us from all different parts of the state to come together and do this trip. But and we like, calm down. We had to talk about it. And you know the problem with.
Speaker 5: Poison o because you don't know if you've been exposed immediately because it's like you get the oils on you and then it takes like three days before the rash appears. So we're hiking for three days, you know, we're we're like, we're what are we gonna do? And you know, the key is you just have to keep washing yourself. We you know, you bring this stuff called tech new and it's just like all right, we just wipe down everything and wash every night, and then we just get home and kind of hope.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 5: And so you know, we're literally bushwhacking, like I'm leading the way with the machete, like, and it's such slow going because not only is it like uphill into the wilderness, but you're like having to create the trail. But it's also kind of exciting, you know, it's called that's part of the adventure. So we had an amazing trip. The three of us just had a great time. You know, the campsite that like, especially the second night. The first campsight was not great, but the one was like.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous with this river.
Speaker 5: We had this like whole like half a day just reading and hanging out and and now we just get to sit and wait for rashes to develop.
Speaker 1: Wow, it sounds the exact opposite of my trip.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you lost me at Owl.
Speaker 1: I just got back yesterday morning from a week long trip in New York.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 3: I well, actually first I started in Philly.
Speaker 1: I did QVC for my haircare line, be Free, and then I took a train the Amtrak from Philly to New York.
Speaker 3: Stayed at the Four Seasons.
Speaker 1: Which literally the exact opposite of Writer's vacation the four.
Speaker 4: Seasons Downtown for the four season rash to kick in. Yeah, I'm still waiting for sure.
Speaker 1: No, it was absolutely amazing Sabrina performed on SNL. I got to go to SNL and watch it was so much fun. I anybody who knows me knows that I have been like an SNL fan since I was little, and it was always my.
Speaker 3: Dream as a kid.
Speaker 1: When I thought I was going to be an actor for the rest of my life, I just wanted to host SNL. Like hosting SNL was the absolute pinnacle.
Speaker 2: For finally gotten David Letterman's attention.
Speaker 1: That's what exactly I would have been able. That would have been my in for David Letterman. No, I just I wanted to host SNL so bad. Obviously, my dream of hosting SNL is never going to come true, but it has also been a lifelong dream of Sabrina's to perform on SNL or host SNL, and so the fact that her dream came true, I had to be there to witness it, and of course I sobbed through all of the first her first performance, I just cried through all of espresso. But then By the time she got to feather Slash Nonsense, I had gotten mad out of my system and was this just then able to celebrate it. And then I got to go to the amazing after party, which was also the rap party because she performed for the forty ninth season rap and so it was at the ice rink at Rockefeller Center. There wasn't an ice rink, obviously, but it was in the spot where the ice rink is and the Christmas tree goes, and it was so fun. I stayed out all night. My flight was at six am on Sunday, so I just stayed up, stayed at the after party until three thirty in the morning. Young Lady then hopped in a car back to the hotel, grabbed my luggage, and then straight to the airport. Was like, I'm just going to sleep the whole way home. And then my flight was delayed. Oh no, the plane wasn't there. It was seven fifty five in the morning before we took off, and I was like, I've been awake for twenty four hours.
Speaker 3: I'm going to die.
Speaker 1: But then literally the moment wheels were up, I was asleep and I want to hear about the.
Speaker 2: The SNL said good, because I've never been to that stage.
Speaker 4: Was that my eyes?
Speaker 3: This was my first time?
Speaker 5: So what was it like, because I mean they have to have you know, just tell me about it, because I'm just I envisioned it like our stage. But I'm like, no, it's got to be completely differently arranged in order to have a musical act.
Speaker 3: And it is tiny. Yeah, I've heard right, I mean tiny tiny.
Speaker 1: There are basically, like imagine, like three to five locations for sets. One of them is the stage where the performer performs, so Sabrina performed basically let's say center left. The stage where the host comes out and all a lot of those skits take place is center right, and then there's an area center right. Okay, so there's three set setups, and then they can use if you're picturing it like a rectangle, they can use the box ends the rectangle ends also as stage setups, and that's it. Everything takes place immediately in those locations.
Speaker 4: And the audience is small too, right, It's there's.
Speaker 3: Audiences very small.
Speaker 1: Well, there's fifty people on the floor, and then there's a balcony. There's a balcony a pie so like we were sitting in the balcony front row, right in front of center left, so right in front of where Sabrina was performing.
Speaker 2: So if you're doing a scene off on like the left side, the audience would have to like crane their necks to the left to be able to see it. So they're mostly just watching the monitors at that point.
Speaker 1: Yes, although yes, exactly, they would have to turn all the way right, turn completely ninety degrees, yeah, to look at it. But up in the balcony there are seats over there that are facing that direction. But those seats that are kind of bad seats for the rest of the show because then you're craning your neck or you can't even really see. But the most amazing thing is that you know, you know that it's live, but like we've kind of just taken that for granted, because when it's actually going and you realize, oh, they are rushing, it is frantic to pull down the set that they just built in order to do a skit in front of, you know, because sometimes they'll do the skit right in front of where the host is. Then they have to take down all those walls, get those out of there, get the hosts out of there. The host has to run and go and change it, and you see twenty people run in and take it all down right in front of your face. When we were sitting there, like in the minutes before it started, was somebody building a set hammering nails into a wood wall.
Speaker 3: Like that, this is what's going to be used.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 3: And you know it also changes.
Speaker 1: They do a dress rehearsal at eight pm, and they have an audience for the dress rehearsal. It's not the same audience for dress rehearsal, but they bring in an audience. They do a dress rehearsal and then they change it. Do you think, No, they don't tape it, but they get audience reaction and they readjust based on what didn't roork or what didn't land as well, and then they switch the order of some things and so you never fully really know what you're gonna get until the live show.
Speaker 3: But it was, I mean it.
Speaker 5: Is set construction mid show is the craziest part for me because like.
Speaker 2: If you had like ten standing sets.
Speaker 5: I could say you just go, you know, because the actors then just have to roll out.
Speaker 2: But the idea that there's an entire crew also having to perform.
Speaker 1: Lights, lights coming in and coming down, chandeliers dropping from the ceiling, big flower arrangements like you would see for a wedding flying in, three pieces of a wall coming in, being built right in front of your face, and then three pieces of a wall being taken down.
Speaker 2: Amazing production crew.
Speaker 1: It is such an incredible production crew. The writing is so I mean, the writers are so great. The cast is unbelievable. It was a true once in a lifetime bucket list. Cannot believe I got to experience it. I will say everyone had told me. I had heard multiple times from different people going into it, just be prepared. It's the coldest set you've ever been on. And I was like, well, we have been on some cold sets, like Boy Meets.
Speaker 3: World was a pretty cold set. Sydney to the.
Speaker 1: Max is still the coldest set I've ever been on. That EP Mark Reasman likes it literally like forty degrees, and it was like regularly forty five degrees on that stage, freezing, so I brought a coat with me. Now, thankfully the weather in New York ended up it ended up being kind of rainy and a little cold, so I'm glad I had it anyway, But I truthfully brought a coat just to wear to Saturday Night Live and then really, wasn't that cold in there? Gotta be honest. I feel lied too. That was my one complaint. I was like, it's not cold enough. I'm dressed for cold. You didn't make it cold. But really, an incredible, incredible experience, and I'm so grateful that I was able to go amazing.
Speaker 4: I had like I had like a pretty good taco last week.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, oh it's pretty rare.
Speaker 2: I don't remember.
Speaker 4: It's just it's pretty good. We're all just living the life.
Speaker 6: I mean, Riders hacking through poison, Oak Daniels at SNL, I'm trying to fight off diarrhea.
Speaker 4: We've got like, we've got lives.
Speaker 1: If what you know, what if if you had asked us where we thought we'd be.
Speaker 3: I don't know that any of us could have predicted this.
Speaker 6: I could kind of probably have predicted the stomach problems, just that I would have from the back back end, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: Just what it is?
Speaker 4: Hey, Rider, are you rashy?
Speaker 2: Anywhere?
Speaker 4: New York is crazy as well?
Speaker 5: So I have some book, but I feel compelled to explain where I'm not like literally in a shack in the world. It doesn't look I know, it looks pretty intense, but it's actually a like I got an airbn to be able to record and it's it has this separate game room that is like made to.
Speaker 2: An old timey saloon.
Speaker 5: No, it's like this old saloon has like an old jukebox and an old cash register.
Speaker 2: It's made to look like, you know, nineteenth century.
Speaker 3: You look like you look like you're an evil dead too.
Speaker 4: You do? You look like this is like this is the video we.
Speaker 2: Find very it's a game room. There's you know.
Speaker 4: We believe you're in the game.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I'm so glad that's where you're gonna die of poison out.
Speaker 5: You just die of poison for Actually, you know, I find out. When I was a kid, I used to get it so bad that it have to take steroids.
Speaker 2: But I haven't had it since I was like fifteen, so I don't know. I'm optimistic.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean we I first, I started camping on Thursday, and here it.
Speaker 3: Is, what what is Monday?
Speaker 2: Monday? So I'm already you're already.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you're good, You're fine. So yeah, welcome to pod meets World and.
Speaker 4: Official, I'm right or strong, and I'm will for doubt all.
Speaker 2: It's Rosselline Sanchez and Eric Winter.
Speaker 3: You're he said Aja d Ho podcast host.
Speaker 2: Check out our episode with Ricky Martin out now.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, guys. He's a fellow Puerto Rican, a good friend. We talk parenthood, we talk TV, film, mental health, travel. It is a conversation you can only have between friends. So make sure you check it out now.
Speaker 5: Listen to he said Aadjo on America's number one podcast network.
Speaker 7: iHeart open your free, iHeart app and search, he said a Jadho.
Speaker 1: Well, in the long list of possible love interests for Sean Hunter, only one young lady was witnessed to a debatable assault, and that was fellow student John Adams.
Speaker 3: Libby Harper Libby Best Harper best.
Speaker 1: Friend of Missy Robinson, who was played by Joey Lawrence music fan Elizabeth Hernwaugh. Bobby was at first attracted to Corey, but thanks to the wonders of ensorcement, her interest was shifted to Sean and a straight up makeout session at Missy's house. But once Missy's parents came home, well then it was time to run. But what about Libby and Sean. They seemed cute together. Well, she'd get to.
Speaker 4: Finish straight right, we don't see it stairs?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: You run out? You see it? Yeah? You run out?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you guys could have been cue together.
Speaker 4: Who knows, it's implied that you make out.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 1: She would get to finish her story in season five when she returns to haunt the Ladies Man, But we haven't gotten there yet, so please do not expect us to talk about that today.
Speaker 3: But one thing we do know.
Speaker 1: The actress playing Libby would find herself working a ton first as Katie Peterson on Saved by the Bell, The New Class, and then working on shows like One Tree Hill, Supernatural, Veronica Mars, and Guiding Light, where she was a Daytime Emmy nominee twice. But today we're only here to talk about her time on our show, her first job ever as one of Sean's most memorable high school flings who may or may not have been an accomplice to.
Speaker 3: A crime, but was one hundred percent.
Speaker 1: You please welcome to Pod Meets World. Lindsay McKeon, Hi, how are you.
Speaker 8: I'm all right. I have a little bit of a head cold, but I'm okay. Oh no, Okay, how are you guy.
Speaker 3: We're doing well. I'm also recovering from a head cold. But do you have children?
Speaker 8: No, I do not.
Speaker 1: I was going to say, if you have kids, you're pretty much always recovering from a head cold.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 4: You sell it, yes, all the.
Speaker 3: Time, you sell it.
Speaker 4: I'll get right on that.
Speaker 1: So, lindsay, we like to start our interviews by finding out a little bit about our guest's origin story in Hollywood, learning about how you became a child actor like we were.
Speaker 3: How did you get involved in the industry.
Speaker 8: Oh, my mom was an actress. She did commercials and modeling, and.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 8: I think I would just go to auditions with her growing up, and she said I would keep asking her about doing it myself, and she would say, no, it's not a good business for a kid to be in. Don't want you to be in it. And then she says, I started asking more and more frequently. So I think I was like ten years old and I started I maybe started doing commercials, and then she was like I was at the age where I was just talking on the phone too much, probably around twelve, and she was about to take me to a fencing class one day to give me an extracurricular activity. And then her agents were like, there's this acting class. Why don't you take Lindsay after school? And so she asked me and I was like, sure, I'll do that whatever, and I came out and I told her. I was like, oh my god, I've never felt so free and uninhibited in my entire life. So that just kind of was it snow there. And my acting coach was a manager, so he managed me. And I think your show was the first show I ever did.
Speaker 4: So you never learned how to fence?
Speaker 8: I never.
Speaker 2: This is it?
Speaker 5: This is your mom's your fencing drink, exactly, this is a fencing podcast.
Speaker 4: I guess we got the wrong. Guess this is a waste.
Speaker 3: So Boy Meets World was your first real job? Do you remember the audition?
Speaker 9: I wouldn't call it a real job, but.
Speaker 3: Not the same as fencing.
Speaker 8: Any of acting a real job?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 8: Sorry, what was the question?
Speaker 3: Do you remember your audition show?
Speaker 2: Let's see you guys were on.
Speaker 8: The audition at all? At all? I remember being on set a little bit. There's this one song, this one musician I'm so bad at names.
Speaker 2: Sing it.
Speaker 8: Sorry, I first I talked with it. I heard this this one woman with this beautiful voice in Craft services, like come out of the radio, and I was like, who is that woman? And what is this song? I remember it's so vividly. I just can't remember her name.
Speaker 3: And it was on the radio.
Speaker 8: M That's like one of the most major things I remember about being on set with you guys. And then I think, wasn't I wasn't Britney Murphy on at one time too? Yeah? All right, I don't remember if it was the I thought it was this one, but then I watched it and I didn't see her in it.
Speaker 1: So yeah, because the episode were Tapega's home sick, right, and so.
Speaker 2: It's right.
Speaker 1: There, last episode right, yeah yeah, and bands avoiding her.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: So what do you remember about being on set other than the song with the beautiful voice that we can't remember? Was it a lot us more set just throwing out people toy at.
Speaker 8: Old blonde or like hippie type lady she always wears like.
Speaker 4: Oh no, oh no, you're you're thinking of Stevie Nicks.
Speaker 3: Thank you there you go amazing.
Speaker 8: Now, I mean, just I remember her voice so funny.
Speaker 1: Do you have any memories of any of us on set or just Stevie nick Nicks.
Speaker 8: Sorry, no, I definitely you guys. I remember Ben and I being friends for a little bit around that time too, But you guys, that was so long ago. It was so funny the young pool of actors from that time though. It's kind of hilarious to me that we really all sort of knew each other and kind of traveled in like similar bands.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, it's a small world.
Speaker 5: I mean, like we've talked about how the fact that if you can if you can just even vague act and hit your marks and you're not crazy, you will work as a kid at least that back then there was like not that much competition, So those of us who were like around.
Speaker 2: Kept seeing each other. We just kept you know, kept working totally.
Speaker 8: It's a different world now.
Speaker 1: It's funny because like when when I see when we're doing research on somebody, and Jensen will just ask me like, did you know this person?
Speaker 3: And my answer is always.
Speaker 1: I'm sure I did, even if it was very casually, even if it was just a couple of meetings and interactions. But really, there are so few people that were working at that time that we didn't know from audition.
Speaker 2: Vis Yeah, one time at Planet Hollywood.
Speaker 1: Which audition we see the multiple auditions we would see each other at. Yeah, So you were paired with Elizabeth Hernwaugh, who was already like a seasoned veteran by that age. Did she Did she give you any sort of guidance or help on set or show you the ropes at all?
Speaker 8: Not that I know of. Honestly, I really cannot remember. It's so funny even watching myself when I rewatched this episode last night, it took me a second to even know who I was, Like, I didn't recognize myself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like an out of body experience.
Speaker 8: It's an out of body experience. I'm such a different person now too, and have come so far from that that to me to look back and see me, I didn't recognize myself for a second.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's so crazy.
Speaker 1: And it was also your first job, so like I would, I would have assumed it would be something super salient for you that you'd remember, Like the first day, do you remember feeling nervous going on to care about acting?
Speaker 8: Acting was like a fun hobby. It was never like I don't know, I've never like I haven't cared about the actors are like, oh, I'm working on set or this. It was just sort of my job and it was fun and.
Speaker 4: That was it just enough to keep you in fencing.
Speaker 8: I know, Yeah I should have just I was a water polo player too. I'm like, I should have just followed that to where that would have taken me.
Speaker 1: But so, as you mentioned, you watched the episode before coming on the show. When you watched it, now, how did you feel about it? How did you feel about your performance? How did you feel about the show?
Speaker 3: Did it like? What were your overall thoughts?
Speaker 8: I mean, it was so it was very cute. It was also funny to look like some of the things that you guys were talking about on the show. For me, in a way, it almost seemed more current. And I was like, we were saying that back then, right. That was supporting to me because for some reason in my brain, I feel like we were living in like the sixties back then instead. Yeah, I didn't think we were progressive, so to go back and see that was honestly surprising to me. And performance, Oh, I was like so green, but just like a natural little baby.
Speaker 2: Yeah, have you watched the later episode where you come back.
Speaker 8: This was the later episode, wasn't this?
Speaker 2: We haven't watched it.
Speaker 3: We haven't seen season five yet.
Speaker 4: We watched the one. The early one was the one in the basement. Did you watch the wrong one?
Speaker 8: I watched the wrong one, and you still have memory. It wasn't in the notes which one to watch, and I got the category of like all the episodes, and so my husband just googled it and we went to season five and we.
Speaker 3: Went, that's so funny.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that was your second episode. I definitely remember that because you were like sixteen seventeen at that point. I mean, we were older.
Speaker 1: We were so insignificant in her life.
Speaker 2: She's like, she's got two Emmy nominations alone. I don't know any of that.
Speaker 3: I've worked with you guys for two weeks now, and I.
Speaker 10: Remember I had fun in full house whatever houses great, I remember.
Speaker 8: Ye, my memory is not there, you guys. I think I've blocked out a lot of childhood.
Speaker 1: Honestly, well, my memory is also not great.
Speaker 5: You don't only watch the more significant part, because in that one you actually do something.
Speaker 2: In the first one, I think I could.
Speaker 8: Just show up at your house. I kind of remember walking downstairs, maybe with somebody.
Speaker 2: In a basement. We're in a basement and right, and she's seducing Corey and you turn to me and you're like, let's go upstairs, and I'm like yeah, and then we disappear and that's it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you come back later to run out. My goodness, when the parents show back up.
Speaker 1: You guys come running back down and then you're like, well, escape this way, so you come back in for a little bit. But yeah, if there's a large chunk of the scene.
Speaker 8: Remember my character. I just remember the blocking, and I remember like share news and maybe some tights and like a short skirt or something.
Speaker 4: Bingo. I remember everything.
Speaker 8: Purple, purple color skirt, I don't know, blue, really bad colors back then.
Speaker 1: Well, you would go on from our show to become a main character on a show that actually gets mentioned on our podcast a lot because every single young actor in Hollywood was gunning to be cast on it, which is saved by the Bell the New Class.
Speaker 3: Did you know.
Speaker 1: How competitive it was to be like getting a part on that show?
Speaker 8: Not at all, not at all.
Speaker 2: I almost did.
Speaker 4: That's the show that I almost did.
Speaker 10: Yeah, yeah, really well, yeah, do you remember We had this whole conversation my dad turned when my dad was on the podcast, he turned it down without telling me he and my agent, as it would have me would have cost me money to move from Connecticut to do that show.
Speaker 8: Yeah, my mom didn't want me doing it either. She actually thought it was a little bit like racy, So I think want me doing it.
Speaker 3: How old were you at the time.
Speaker 8: Thirteen thirteen? And I like just chopped off all my hair at that point over a Christmas holiday because I was just sort of over it and wanted to change. And then audition for that and booked it. That's all I remember. I remember hairdos, blocking and cow it. It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: What was your relationship with your mom?
Speaker 1: Like you mentioned she was an actress, so when when you would audition for these things, was she protective over the roles? Like when she obviously let you take the role even though she thought it was a little too salacious for you?
Speaker 3: What was your relationship with her?
Speaker 8: Like, I mean, that is a loaded question, but I won't get into all of it. You know, a lot of her was very fun. Having her on set with me growing up was kind of awesome, you know. It helped us be kind of have a close relationship, so that was fun. She she would like warn about certain things, but then she really wouldn't press it. But she was also very protective of me. I remember being on Stay by the Bell and the producer he I remember him. I don't remember this, but my mother's saying that he came to her and was like, Lindsey's looking a little bigger. You need to tell her to lose some weight. And she's like, I'm not telling my child that she's a water polo player. That's muscle, you know. So in those type of ways, she would always really protect me. Thank goodness.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's amazing how regular that conversation was being back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh my god.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: And then other people wanted to be like dressed sexy, and I'm like, you know, everybody's fourteen years old, like we shouldn't be dressed sexy. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Wow, did she feel that way at fourteen?
Speaker 1: Because I remember, for me, at fourteen, I wanted anything that was going to make me feel like a grown up or make me feel more like a woman instead of a little girl. So did you do you remember thinking at fourteen, like this is a weird conversation that you guys are talking about as dressing in a more sexy manner, or did you think, like, yeah, I want to wear a shorter skirt.
Speaker 8: No, I mean I didn't care. I don't think I cared about that at that age. I definitely know, know, you know, the older I got, my figure was still like a boy, and I definitely wanted to not be cute eventually, you know, not be just seen like a cute person. Like I started to hate that her totally, you know, like I want to be a woman. I want to feel like a woman. I want to feel sexy in But that came later on. That wasn't it fourteen?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 1: I also wanted to ask you about Opposite Sex. A show that you were in from the year two thousand was about three boys who find themselves enrolled at an all girls' school, and one of the stars was a young Chris Evans in his first job ever. Did you know then that he was always destined for marvel stardom?
Speaker 8: He always just had charisma And that show is actually I used to tell him it was one of the favorite things I've ever seen him act in. He played this really dumb, funny, lovable character and he was so good at it, so good at it. I think everybody on that show, you know my La vent Emilia, who was also on Say by the Ball, he guests starred on that one episode. I think Alison matt Gars, I don't know her lesson right, Yeah, there were a lot of people on that. I was so sad that that didn't go because that was just such a fun show to work on. And I think it was either before its time on the wrong wrong network.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what network was it on?
Speaker 8: I want to say, I know we filmed on the CW ranch, but I think they put it on Fox, right, Like Fox was too old, Like we were too young for Fox to be a little too old for c W at that time.
Speaker 1: Well, you would also go on to guest star in three other shows that have just has, if not more diehard fans than Boy Meets World, One Tree Hill, Supernatural and Veronica Mars.
Speaker 8: So I forgot about arms?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh makes you feel better, not just that any of your acting career.
Speaker 2: All right, let's just make up a fencing career. It'll be this way.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, what was it like in the ninety eight games in Nagano?
Speaker 8: Well that was incredible, guy, I gotta sorry about.
Speaker 1: So from those experiences, which one was your favorite?
Speaker 3: And why?
Speaker 8: Oh gosh, well Supernatural because I feel like in my younger years it was very like Lindsay working herself out train wreck, reactionary, I don't know. It was a lot of like youth learning painful. And by the time I did Supernatural or came back on Supernatural, I had done a lot of yoga and meditation and gone to India and Bali and done all of this spiritual work and I feel like I got to bring that component to that character. And so for me, it was the most reflective of all the work that I had done, like being a reaper, being in between this world and the other world, being able to cross souls over. That was that was so fun for me.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: They also have a rabid fan base Supernatural. I mean yeah, I.
Speaker 8: Mean we've done a lot of It'spent conventions. Yeah, you know that show, who knew that? That? And One Tree Hill. All these years later, we're still going to convention sometimes. Like went to the last One Tree Hill one several months ago and I was looking at the girls and I was like, some day we're going to be too old to do this, Like we should not be still doing this right when we're like sixty or seventy years old, Like that would be weird.
Speaker 5: No, we keep doing it, it'd be great.
Speaker 2: Speaking of good, where did we so?
Speaker 5: We ran into you at the at X convention in Austin.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that?
Speaker 5: I was like, right before Girl Meets World got right as Girl Meets World got announced, what were you there for?
Speaker 2: What were you there with?
Speaker 8: Good question?
Speaker 3: So it would have been two thousand, it was three two.
Speaker 1: Speaking out thirteen because the only reason I wasn't there is because I was the maid of honor in my best friend's wedding and she got married in June of two thousand.
Speaker 5: And will you just didn't want to go because at that point you were like, I'm not do it any yeah, anything now.
Speaker 2: But Michael Jacobs and I were at a restaurant. I was like, do you see Lindsay over there? And she was like, oh yeah, I remember her. She was Libby And then we came over and talked and hung out. Yeah, but what you don't remember what you were there for?
Speaker 8: Ies we know. I think it was one of the girlfriends one girlfriend or Ariel couple who I lived with at the time. It was her friend that created at I believe, so I think I kind of just went there with them. I might have done one or two panels, but I have no idea what that was for.
Speaker 3: Do you ever worry that you've been men in black, memory erased.
Speaker 8: And brain damage.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we've called several people now to figure out what's happening.
Speaker 8: If you can get me the help I need, Like, we're glad we're here here.
Speaker 3: This is an intervention.
Speaker 8: I have tried it.
Speaker 6: Well.
Speaker 1: One Tree Hill shot in North Carolina. Did you work with Lee Norris?
Speaker 8: I don't think we ever worked together, but I think we've done convention fine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So Lee was on the first season of Boy Meets World. He played Stuart Minkas, so we've got some more cross over there. But I've heard about shooting One Tree Hill in North Carolina that it kind of became a bit of a summer camp for a lot of actors who got to guest star on the show.
Speaker 3: Was it fun being there and doing that?
Speaker 8: It was fun. It was probably a little too much fun at times, but yeah, being they would call it wilmy Wood Wilmington, and it was like being on your own island. You get your apartment. You know, all these other young actors were there and you would be there for like a week, maybe two weeks shooting. So what are you doing on your downtime? And it was a beautiful place. There's North Carolina has beautiful beaches and a lot of like old historic homes and the riverfront, but also lots of like bars and you know, all.
Speaker 3: The good stuff, all the fun things.
Speaker 6: When you were growing up and you were getting into the industry, was TV something that you wanted to do? Was this like a passion in your life? I mean, I know when I grew up at TV was I It became one of my best friends, so I just knew I had to be a part of it. I mean, was it more about acting or was it more about a specific like I want to be on television or I want to do film.
Speaker 8: Or it was It was honestly never that. I didn't even grow up watching that much TV. My TV was super monitored. And the things we watched in my household like Weird National Geographic and like doctors what doctors would do? Like it was very odd sometimes that and Sailor Moon and Gilligan's Island. That's all I want sweet.
Speaker 6: So all documentaries, well, that was a horrible documentary about this poor people trapped on this island forever.
Speaker 8: Oh my goodness. No, for me, what acting did was give me a voice. It gave me a voice, and it gave me a different character to kind of experience myself through. When I was young, I didn't really have an outlet for my feelings, for communication, for any of that stuff. So acting and being a character allowed me to have like there was a place for that, you know. So I always kind of say it saved my life when I was young, and then I got to the point where it didn't and it didn't serve me, so then I was done with it.
Speaker 3: So do you not act at all anymore?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 3: What do you do now?
Speaker 8: Stop? Right before COVID. I'm like, in this interim period, I've been like designing our homes and doing construction, Like we're doing a full on renovation on an eighteen hundreds farmhouse in Tennessee right now that we're doing in Airbnb and Utah, But on the property here, I want to put probably like a wellness center, maybe like a little pet therapy situation. So we'll see, we'll see how that turns.
Speaker 4: Out, are you in Los Angeles still? God?
Speaker 3: No, she's like them assuming in Tennessee. When you said here because you're you in the farmhouse.
Speaker 8: Well, I'm not in the farmhouse yet. I'm in a condo while we're renovating it. But yeah, that's so great eight acres. I want land, I want animals, I want food.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well you have the animal.
Speaker 2: Do you miss acting at all?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 3: Was it hard at all to walk away it?
Speaker 9: In a way, it was because I had to really like have a come to Jesus moment with myself because it felt like an uphill battle and I really had to sit down and be like, is this something I truly want even or am I just doing.
Speaker 8: This because it's all I know and all I've been kind of happy to do. Like if I really got on a show, I know what that looks like. I know how many hours of my life that takes up and away from my family, and I know how many hours are spent in a trailer versus on set, you know. And I was like, would this really make me happy? And it's like, no, not at all. I don't really want that, So why am I continuing to do it? It was almost like the death of an identity because I had been doing that for so long and it was all I knew. So that part was a challenge, you know, knowing who I was without that, learning who I was without that. But now, like I said, I don't even I just don't miss it, you know.
Speaker 1: I mean, I love I love the idea of really looking at yourself and being like, am I just doing this.
Speaker 3: Because it's comfortable because it's all I've known.
Speaker 1: And like you said, the fact that your mom was an actor, it's also like what you saw her doing all the time, So when you're young, it's very easy to I mean, my mom was a stay at home mom, and that's what I thought I wanted to do. It was like, yeah, I'm going to act as a child, but the minute I can get married, I'm going to be a stay at home mom and raise children. Because my mom was my best friend and she was what I looked up to, and that's just what I wanted to do. And then when I actually could have done that, thank god I did, because for me, it would have been it would have been a terrible path. But yeah, you have to you have to question those things because otherwise if you just blindly follow what you think you're supposed to do.
Speaker 3: Who knows the kind of life that you end up having.
Speaker 8: Correct.
Speaker 2: Correct.
Speaker 1: And so the farmhouse in Tennessee and the wellness center and the animals tell us and tell us a little.
Speaker 3: Bit more about what your dream is for that future.
Speaker 1: Do you want to have people come there and take classes? Do you Is it a place you want to open up to others to help the community, or is it just going to be a place for you.
Speaker 8: It's you know, that's kind of the conundrum. If it could be both, that would be ideal. I love my alone time, my family time. I just love nature, I love animals. It's where I'm happiest. It's just like a meditative state for me all the time. I love being outside of a city. But I would like to incorporate having people come in and experience that. You know, sometimes not all the time, right, and you know, you let people in and then it's like, well, what kind of energy is coming? And maybe you don't want all of that energy all the time, you know. So it's it's a fine line. But I do want to be able to offer different things to people that I've kind of spent a life in this like healing world genre. So to be able to have people come to the land and offer them that if they want it would be a beautiful thing.
Speaker 2: So we can come and record a podcast.
Speaker 3: Okay, we'll be there. Send us the invitation. We'll record, talk about all of your memories, all the two.
Speaker 8: Episodes we'll bring back.
Speaker 5: And I'll come back hit playing some Steve Nicks and you'll be like right or no, remember you.
Speaker 6: We will grab our defays and have fun while we're there.
Speaker 1: Lindsay, thank you so much for joining us today and sharing your memory of Stevie Next with us, and we appreciate it so much. Let us know when the wellness center is done. I'd love to come and take a yoga class.
Speaker 4: Gonna need it. I'm gonna need it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you, it was great.
Speaker 8: You again. Thank you for having me, Thank you for coming.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us.
Speaker 8: Bye bye.
Speaker 2: I just saw her name was raven Hawk.
Speaker 6: On the on her zos great D and D name, I totally isn't it.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, Raven Hawk.
Speaker 2: I didn't want the name of like her her property. You know, it's like.
Speaker 3: Probably I'm at raven Hock.
Speaker 6: It's never like Ricky's house. It's always something like the veil. It's like what's your house's name? Ted, Like that never happens.
Speaker 5: Oh man, it's super interesting that, like because all of us not I mean all three of us had no connection to the industry.
Speaker 2: We were the connection to the industry. But if your parent was.
Speaker 5: Like a working actor who probably was like maybe a little over it at that point, right, you know, and then your kid wants to do it, do you then just like she it sounds like she just was like, I'll show up, I'll do this the show the Boy beats World like whatever, and it doesn't have this like profound you know, because she obviously was in La probably surrounded by other actors and just totally it was just like an act exactly.
Speaker 3: She was on par with fencing.
Speaker 2: This could be in my thing.
Speaker 4: They're both at the mall at the same day.
Speaker 2: If I take a Left'm a fencer.
Speaker 6: If I take a right, I'm an actor and water polos down the street.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's like that's what it sounded like.
Speaker 6: It's just and then she walked into that door and liked it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So curious, what like Indie's going to think about the industry as he grows up right, like he's.
Speaker 6: Also growing up in such a different industry than we did.
Speaker 1: I mean it is a key also, by the way, aside from your writing, which you still do a ton, your industry now that he's like super mindful your podcasting, you talk like you you know. I mean, it's crazy to me that Adler definitely, I obviously will get recognized when we're out in public. And he's never been like, what are they saying to you? Like, what is that that they're talking about. He's never questioned when people come up to me and go, oh my gosh, are you so and so he's never been like, what what what are they talking about? But he does think of my job as podcasting. Like when Jensen will take him to school in the morning, he'll say, Mommy, why aren't you taking me to school? And I'll say because I have to work, and he says in the office on the microphone, yeah, that is that's my job.
Speaker 3: And he wrote on his.
Speaker 1: For a Mother's Day thing last year, they asked him what do you want to be when you grow up?
Speaker 3: And he said, I want to do a podcast like my mommy.
Speaker 4: Ah so sweet.
Speaker 2: It was cute get him into Defensing.
Speaker 5: Get him.
Speaker 3: It's all downhill, get him in Defend.
Speaker 4: Has there been a podcast that's done by two little kids?
Speaker 3: It's brilliant, It's it would be so much fun. I would love Adler and Keaton to interview each other.
Speaker 4: I think it's kind of brilliant.
Speaker 3: It's just called Ohio.
Speaker 5: I think Indy would love it.
Speaker 1: Thank you all for joining us for this episode of Pod Meets World. As always, you can follow us on Instagram pod Meets World Show. You can send us your emails pod meets World Show at gmail dot com and we have merch.
Speaker 3: Will forgot the merch?
Speaker 6: Oh, I'm sorry, I forgot to forgot about the merch. Call uh seven seven seven wings six merch.
Speaker 3: My bad, I forgot pod Meets Worldshow dot com writer. Send us out.
Speaker 2: We love you all, pod dismissed.
Speaker 5: Pod Meets World is an iHeart podcast produce and hosted by Danielle Fischel, Wilfridell and Ryder Strong. Executive producers, Jensen Karp and Amy Sugarman. Executive in charge of production, Danielle Romo, producer and editor, Taras Sudbach, producer, Mattie Moore, engineer and boy meets World Superman Easton Allen. Our theme song is by Kyle Morton of Typhoon. Follow us on Instagram at Podmets World Show or email us at Podmeats World Show at gmail dot com