Speaker 1: Wow. Hey everybody, It's Monday, November eleventh, twenty twenty four. Welcome to the NFL Fantasy Football Show, where we are grateful for the service of Mini. It's Melia Ran MG, Marcus Grant, joined by Michael F. Floyo and Lakwan Jones. We are mostly through Week ten, Layo. I know we've said this before, but this season is flying by.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, it's I mean double digit weeks already, Like we got four left in the fantasy playoffs after this week, and our teams are winning again. We need Lakwans to come through and make it another week where all of our teams win.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Lawan.
Speaker 1: Please, here's one thing I am cheering for the Rams this week, but not for the reasons you think.
Speaker 3: Please tell me they're gonna get a win tonight.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, for sure, we're getting a win tonight. I mean, honestly, I wish I could be there in attendance, but I'm confident in my full on stacked offense with Pooka Nakula, Cooper Cup in end rob so we should be finding the end zone a ton against this Dolphins defense.
Speaker 1: So the reason that I am cheering for the Rams tonight is for a weird bit of history that could possibly happen. It's that every NFL, FBS, and FCS football team in the state of Florida has lost so far this weekend. Right, so we're talking about the Jaguars, the Bucks, the University of Florida, Florida State, South Florida UCF, everyone. The Dolphins are Florida's last hope to get a win this weekend. So me being sort of an agent of chaos and kind of wanting to root for small bits of misery here and there, I need the Rams to make this an O for the weekend for the state of Florida.
Speaker 3: I was I love that.
Speaker 2: I was super confused while you were rooting for a divisional rival. And it just turns out you write the state of Florida more than the right.
Speaker 3: It's only hated the state of Florida.
Speaker 1: I just want because it's just this weird bit of history that potentially could happen, and I just want to, you know, I want to say that I was alive to witness it, like that's all hilarious. Reason if you're from Florida's like nothing against you guys personally, it's just weird and I just kind of want to see it happen.
Speaker 3: That's all that sounds. That sounds like secret hate right there.
Speaker 2: Your team helped add contribute to the this week.
Speaker 1: My team did contribute to that beating Tampa Bay this week. So I'm a shoe in for a hater of the year. Is what's going to happen?
Speaker 3: Because so fine? Anyway, we got.
Speaker 1: Played talking about on the show today one of our biggest takeaways from week sin will dive into the way or wire and we're uping up the fantasy mail bag and we have not done enough of that. We haven't done any of that so far this year. So a chance for you all to get your questions out there and we will do our best to answer them as much as possible.
Speaker 3: Normally we start with some fantasy headlines. Fortunately there weren't any real major injuries.
Speaker 1: There are some small things that don't seem to be of any real consequence, so fortunately we don't have to spend a whole lot of time on that. That is a good thing. So instead it is now time for fantasy here presented by Subway. We will start off the show by talking about the guys who have gone big so far in Week ten, of course, there is still the Monday night game to be played.
Speaker 3: Let's go back to Thursday night for Joe Burrows, the.
Speaker 1: Top quarterback nearly thirty four fantasy points thanks to four hundred and twenty eight passing yards and four touchdowns. While we're here in Thursday, let's talk about jam Ar Chase, who went just straight up nuclear eleven catches, two hundred and sixty four yards and three touchdowns fifty five point four fantasy points. There back to the Sunday games of Jon Robinson one hundred and sixteen rushing yards, a pair of touchdowns, also three catches for twenty eight yards, twenty nine point four points for him, Travis Kelcey eight for sixty four in a touchdown, twenty points for Kelsey, Cammy Fairbairn, three may Field goals, two point afters that was good for thirteen points, and the Eagles defense just picking on the hapless Cowboys three sacks, five takeaways, six points allowed twenty points for the Eagles in that one.
Speaker 3: So those are some of the overall fantasy heroes.
Speaker 1: Laquand if you're gonna pick one individually, were going on board or off or.
Speaker 3: Off menu, for this one.
Speaker 4: I'm going on board Jean Robinson putting up a career high twenty nine Fantasy points, and it's safe to say that he owns the Saints because in three of his last four matchups against the Saints he's put up twenty six plus Fantasy points. I know we all remember when it was like the joke about Derrick Henry versus the Houston Texas.
Speaker 3: He lights it up, like.
Speaker 4: We're on that same track with Bjeon versus the Saints of just completely lighting it up and saved my fantasy season. I just say personally, so he gets the cave the s on his chest, mister superman himself. Bjeon Robinson for Week ten, you have to go.
Speaker 1: And save the Falcons. On one particular drive, they got down to the goal line. Then you know to Tyler als years three times in a row and he got stuffed with the goal line three times in a row, and Bejeon win Alfanos and it is like fine, I'll do it myself and he scores a touchdown.
Speaker 3: So good on you, Good on you for doing that. Bjon. For sure, you got another running back that is your hero this week.
Speaker 2: Florio the always underappreciated James Connor. I was pounding the table for Connor in the summer. I've been saying to trade for him and everything, and for some reason, this guy just continues, in my opinion, at least, to kind of just go under.
Speaker 3: The radar a little bit.
Speaker 2: RB four in Week ten, RB eight on this season. I believe his eighty receiving yards yesterday was the second most aid running back has had in any game this year. He could have had a bigger game if the Jets made it competitive. They pretty much were like, we don't need you in the second half much Connor.
Speaker 3: But then his schedule moving forward is awesome too.
Speaker 2: He gets the Seahawks twice, Patriots, Panthers, Vikings, Rams like no defense in there that is scary to avoid, and a bunch that are really good matchups. So I think James Connor is going to be a league winner this year. I've thought that all season, and I'm feeling really good about it ten weeks in right now, and especially after what he did yesterday.
Speaker 1: Again, to your point, though, it's one of those he's one of those players that doesn't necessarily get a ton of love when we talk about fantasy drafts, it's like, oh, James Connor, Like, I don't think there's any hate, Like I don't think people like are dumping on James Connor. He just doesn't generate a lot of excitement until we get to this point in the season. Everybody's like, oh, man, I should have drafted James Connor. Like, I think we sort of get to that point with him every single year.
Speaker 3: It's the injury history. It is it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And but here's the thing, last couple of years, he's been kind of healthy, right, Like, you know, it's it's worked out for him in the health department, and then you know, we start to see what kind of production he can give us up. Because of that, my hear, I'm staying in the desert and I'm gonna go with Kyler Murray. And I was a little bit concerned because of the matchup. And one of the things I had been saying all week is that when Kyler gets you a good game, it's mostly because of his rushing production. And that was pretty much the case on Sunday. Two rushing touchdowns for him, because the passing number is still sort of met. Two sixties actually one of his better outputs yardage wise, but just one touchdown. He only has two games this year where he has thrown more than one touchdown. I mean, it seems like it's pretty standard. He's gonna get you at least one in pretty much every game. Now, whether he gets you two remains to be seen. Even rushing, not a ton of rushing yards, just twenty one, but the two rushing touchdowns help. I'm not gonna knock it because if you started him, you were certainly happy to have that twenty eight fantasy points overall. Now, the Cardinals go on a bye this week. The schedule the rest of the week kind of a mixed bag. If you have a couple of tough games. You know, they face the Rams in Championship Week, which that Ram defense is improving. They've got the Vikings along there somewhere as well, but some nice matchups too. I mean, they've got the Panthers in the playoffs. They've got the Seahawks, which you just never know week to week which Seahawks team.
Speaker 3: Is going to show up. So who knows Kyler. Kyler is viable.
Speaker 1: He's maybe not the stud we thought he was going to be coming into the season, but he does look like a viable start for the remainder of the season.
Speaker 4: Mark, what are we doing here?
Speaker 3: What? What do you mean?
Speaker 4: What it's two rivals in the division you're given shine to. I think forty nine ers fans are going to start a side on and you're like, hey.
Speaker 3: I have a job to do. My job here, I am like a doctor.
Speaker 4: My hate for the forty nine stays the same. Like I might highlight a couple players, but as a team.
Speaker 1: When you take when you take this job, you take sort of a hippocratic oath of not only doing no harm, but trying to help as much as possible. And sometimes that just means you have to sort of, you know, promote teams that maybe you wouldn't cheer for.
Speaker 3: Also, I still don't think the.
Speaker 1: Cardinals are going to win the division. So maybe there you go there it is love it. They're six and four, they're in first place. I still don't think they're gonna win the division.
Speaker 3: Oh, Kyler, all right.
Speaker 1: So that anyway, now that I've had to explain myself, let's try to explain Week ten at large. That some of the things that we think we learned from what we saw. What did you take away from what you've seen so far this week.
Speaker 3: The qud Wow.
Speaker 4: Sean Payton not a liar. I mean, all your estimate has finally arrived. Man, fifty three rushing yards. Look, I'm saying it now, this might be his job moving forward. I don't think Sean Payne is playing around and wanting to get him involved. I mean put up the second most rushing yards against the Chiefs defense this year. It was five yard shy from Jordan Matt Mason. So it's like you're looking at all your esma. What he brings to the table is explosive het and knows for the end zone. He's very hard to bring down. This is the body type that Sean Payne wants to get that rock from. I mean, look, the Broncos offense, their rushing attack isn't the most productive. But moving forward, I think you know aldresume has finally arrived and he's definitely worth her.
Speaker 1: Look, I mean, I'm unless you finished, Unless you finished, But you have to pardon me if I don't fully believe Sean Payton right like we I know that as a community we have been clamoring for Audric estimate for weeks.
Speaker 3: Now, and it was nice to see it happen.
Speaker 1: I need to see it probably two more times before I really start to believe. Just because we know Sean Payton's track record, he'll tell us that he wants to do a thing. But you know, even if he does that thing, doesn't mean he's gonna continually do that thing.
Speaker 3: So I want to believe.
Speaker 1: I hope that he has because I think it's well. I have mixed feelings on that.
Speaker 4: Oh I was about to say, you're for sure a Javonte Williams stand I am a Javante.
Speaker 1: I am I am so I guess I shouldn't be like full throated like all about this.
Speaker 2: So he's still getting the passing down work at Javonte at least, yeah, for.
Speaker 3: What it's worth. I mean, Javonte only played like six snaps or something.
Speaker 1: He didn't play a lot on Sunday, so I don't I don't really know what to do with that. So that seems to be not working, at least the Javante part of it. Meanwhile, in Chicago, Florida, it.
Speaker 3: Seems like none of it is working right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Look, we have now seen non games for the Chicago Bears ten weeks in and the simple thing is their offense is broken right now, Like I think it's twenty two or twenty three consecutive possessions in a row. They have not scored a touchdown. Caleb Williams has not thrown a passing touchdown in three straight games, and he routinely is finishing with like like this week one hundred and twenty yards two seventeen, one point thirty one, two twenty six like it's it's very low yardage. They do not have a wide receiver in the top thirty in total points right now. Caleb is the QB twenty on this season. De Andre Swift is the only bear that I think you could feel confident about starting, and even that hasn't been the same the last couple of weeks. So you watch the body language, anything you want to look for statistically on tape, They're just the players and what they are doing. Everything points to this offense being broken and not being in sync. And I know they're saying a change has to happen. It is not all on Caleb Williams. I know it is painful to see these other rookie wide receivers bawling out and Caleb not, but yeah, this this system needs an overhaul and everything. But for the rest of this NSC season, I think it's okay to get away from all of your Bears not named DeAndre Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, that's the frustrating part is because we hope that the trio of wide receivers they had would sort of elevate Caleb and vice versa, and they all seem to sort of be I don't know, they're dragging each other down, but they're certainly not lifting each other up, and I think that's kind of the problem right now. If there is a silver lining, the Bears aren't giving up on Caleb Williams just yet. Matt Eberflus on Monday during his press conference said that Caleb will remain the starter, despite some chatter that could be different in the very near future. So, I mean, I guess that really means more for Bears fans than it does for fantasy folks, because you just want to see.
Speaker 3: The quarterback develop a little bit. But yeah, it's bad. It's just straight up bad in Chicago.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, Los Angeles and Lakuan you were there to see this in person, but.
Speaker 3: Justin Herbert looks like Herbal is back for the Chargers.
Speaker 1: It looks like Greg Roman and Jim Jim Harbaugh have figured out what to do with their franchise quarterback. Three straight games with at least nineteen fantasy points for Justin Herbert. He's accounted for a pair of touchdowns in all three of those. Week eight, Week nine he threw two touchdown passes. Week ten he threw one, he ran for another. And actually in a couple of these games, the rushing yards have been kind of nice. Had thirty two rushing yards on Sunday, forty nine rushing yards a couple of weeks ago against the Saints. Look, we're never going to confuse Justin Herbert, you know, for Lamar Jackson or anybody like that. But he's a mobile guy who can get out of the pocket and make plays with his legs. On top of it, we're seeing some of his wide receivers step up. We know what Lad McConkie was going to be a playmaker. But Quentin Johnston caught a touchdown on Sunday that was not a blown coverage. Maybe a linebacker was late getting over there, but it was nice, just straight up blown standing by himself in the corner of the end zone.
Speaker 3: Sort of touchdown.
Speaker 1: So if we're seeing lad McConkie play well seeing advancement from QJ as well.
Speaker 3: Maybe there's really something here about what the Chargers are doing.
Speaker 1: On top of that, the winning games, like hashtag chargering doesn't mean what it used to mean when it came to this this team, and they were very much in the thick of things in the AFC playoffers. I was gonna say in the AFC West, but the Chargers or the Chiefs are never ever going to lose a football game ever again.
Speaker 3: Until next week. I mean, we'll see get it done.
Speaker 1: We'll see one, it's a regular season game. Two, the Bills find the most heartbreaking ways to lose to the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: So we beat them in the regular season, they break our hearts in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: That's the way it works, all right. So so November is a win. January all bets are off. Who knows. All right, We're gonna take a break, come back.
Speaker 1: We're gonna dive into the waiver wire plus some of your questions as we open the fantasy mail bag that's next on the NFL Fantasy Football Show.
Speaker 3: Let's take a look at this week's waiver wire options. Floria. Who should we be targeting for week eleven.
Speaker 2: You were just talking him up last segment.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 2: I love Justin Herbert and what he's been doing as of late. Russell Wilson brings a really say floor and he has a good matchup next week. Bo Nicks continues to get the job done, especially with his legs, and Drake may just an upside shot worth taking. Jalen Warren not only had the most touches of his season, but Naji Harris had an ankle injury late in that game, So ad Warren if he's out there. Gus Edwards was back and splitting work with JK.
Speaker 3: Dobbins.
Speaker 2: Lakwan spoke about Audric estimate, so if he is out there, you should be looking to grab him. And then cam Akers and ty Chandler. Because Aaron Jones was carted off yesterday, it was Acres that got more work of the two after that. And then Taj Spears because he returned and was having a role again yesterday.
Speaker 3: And then some pass catchers.
Speaker 2: If they are still out there, please add Juwan Jennings and Cedric Tillman.
Speaker 3: They should not be out there anymore.
Speaker 2: Ricky Pearsall continues to play a lot of snaps even with the other guys getting healthy. Quinton Johnston continues to score touchdowns. Jalen Coker was the leading receiver for the Panthers yesterday. Mike Williams didn't play many snaps, but he did catch a touchdown. There is upside there rest of the way for him, mvs if you want to chase fantasy points. And then Dawson Knox because Dalton Kinkad is dealing with a knee injury now. And Jatavian Sanders just continues to get a little bit more work and continues to be a big red zone presence for the Panthers.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, A lot of those names very interesting, especially at the quarterback spot. I want to just say I doubted bo Nicks against the Chiefs. He threw two touchdown passes, right, believe man, I am fully a believer now right. I mean, as of as of this moment, with obviously two quarterbacks still left to play, bo Nix is the QB twelve on the week, which I did not think he'd come anywhere near that against Kansas City.
Speaker 3: So you know what I'm in I'm in on on bon Nicks.
Speaker 1: I mean Lakwan, anybody there that really jumps out to you that you'd be willing to maybe blow whatever fab you have left on them.
Speaker 4: I mean, look, we talked about the pass catchers Juwan Jennings and said, Youri Tillman, if those two are out there, I'll probably blow the rest of the fab that I have out there. But justin Herbert is the number one quarterback for me. Man, he is bawling right now. And how that Chargers offense is looking, boy there is He's definitely one of those quarterbacks you want to have now because he's hot, he's feeling it, and you don't want to keep interchanging guys off the way you wire at the quarterback position.
Speaker 3: I think the Kwan was converted.
Speaker 1: In that.
Speaker 4: Look, my son's on the top right now. He's a trader and he knows it. He's smiling at me right now. He's a trader because he knows it should be a Ramley not no.
Speaker 3: Chargers both up. No, No, I mean hashtag both up. Just saying no, just saying that. All right.
Speaker 1: Anyway, it's not even in the fantasy mail bag because we know that you all out there have questions and we're gonna trying to answer them at least as best as we can.
Speaker 3: First one up, this one from Colts, who wants to know.
Speaker 1: I know to write thishear you, Florida, because you are our biggest Milik Neighbors. Stand is Neighbors cooked the rest of the season.
Speaker 2: No, no, look, I broke out the Milik Neighbor's shirt right here. No, he is not cooked. I understand the production hasn't been what we wanted. And I tweeted yesterday, imagine elite Neighbors with a quarterback who could get him the ball without him potentially getting killed. But he still is getting double digit targets every single week. He's giving you double digit Fantasy points every single week, and we know the ceiling is much higher. And then the Giants schedule after their bye week really opens up. They get the Bucks, the Cowboys, the Saints, the Ravens, the Falcons, the Colts, all teams that really struggle against wide receivers.
Speaker 3: So, in fact, I would say it's the opposite. I would say, try to buy low.
Speaker 2: Right now, I'm Elik Neighbors coming off of a couple of down games by his standard, and a.
Speaker 3: Bye week this week.
Speaker 2: But yeah, I'm doing the exact opp instead of giving up on him, I'm trying to acquire him right now. You know.
Speaker 1: It's kind of wild, is that we talk about all these teams exploring quarterback changes. We haven't heard any of that from the Giants, like they seem locked in with Daniel Jones, who's been just straight up awful this year.
Speaker 2: This is a Tommy Cutler's shirt right here.
Speaker 1: I mean, look, man, he's still is he a free agent? Is he floating around somewhere?
Speaker 3: I don't know where he is. He Yes, he's behind Drew Lock.
Speaker 1: Yep, you are correct, He's he's behind Drew Lock right now on the roster. Next sweet comes from Jeremy Miller, Lakwan Trade, Cede Lamb and Breece Hall. I'm in dire straits with these two going forward? Is it time to punt on guys who were a lot of these both first round picks?
Speaker 4: I mean, at least with CD Lamb, it's not looking good over there in Dallas, honestly, and his name still sells. But Brice Hall, I'm more so sticking around with. He's getting targets, he's getting usage. He's the number one guy there. Even the Jets bad games, He's still getting the opportunities to put up Fantasy points at least with Ceedee Lamb. This offense is not going to look the same with DAK. I don't care what Jerry Jones saying that the offense looked better without Dak, Like, are we serious? Like Trey Lance ended up making appearance in this game, by the way, but it's like, come on now, I honestly think CD Lamb still has a name that you can sell and your league makes are going to jump all over, but make sure you get a good return after that.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I was really hoping that the offense would look functional with Cooper Rush.
Speaker 3: It did not.
Speaker 1: Appointed Rush got benched, then unbinched, then rebinched for Trey Lance. Because that was kind of a wild sequence where like Trey Lance came in for like a play, and then Cooper Rush came back for a few more plays, and then they went back to Trey Lance just to finish out the game. And now they're saw that Lance could start next week for Dallas. It's a mess. I still sort of believe that Ceedee Lamb can be productive, but man, what we saw on Sunday a huge day, because now I gotta deal with the textan this.
Speaker 3: Week too, which is on Monday Night Football.
Speaker 1: It's on Monday n Football, so we get to all see it smart, we all get to see it in prime time in an Island game.
Speaker 3: Watch how bad the Cowboys are right now? Yay uh?
Speaker 1: And then as for Breeze Hall, I still think they're gonna be better Breeze Hall games.
Speaker 3: I know that, you know.
Speaker 1: Right now, everything around the Jets seems sort of toxic, starting with their quarterback. But again, it always, it always kind of freaks me out. I look up at Jets games and then I'll see Braylan Allen on the field and I'm like, what are we doing here? Like why isn't this just all Breeze Hall all the time. But I still think he's He's talented enough and should get enough volume that it's sort of worthwhile. But if you are in panic mode, put some offers out there. See what's the best return you can get, because you don't want to just sell these guys for pennies on the dollar because of what they're ceiling.
Speaker 3: Is one last one here, this one from Tim j.
Speaker 1: Is Calvin Ridley a wide receiver one or wide receiver two.
Speaker 3: Going forward, Florida. I know you are big.
Speaker 1: I hear somebody clapping their hands and getting on that's me excited. All right, Where are we on Calvin Ridley?
Speaker 3: Right now? We are on the moon right now.
Speaker 2: That is where we are at. When it comes to Calvin Ridley, I mean I would say he's more of a wide receiver two. I don't think he's a wide receiver one. I think he's going to be very boom or bust. But look at what he's done the last few weeks eight nine fifteen, eight nine targets in each of his last five games the last three weeks, a lot of yardage now getting in in the fun with some touchdowns. But what I really love he gets the Vikings next week, who entering the week and allowed the most fantasy points for game two wide receivers. Texans are tough. Then he gets the Commanders, the Jaguars, the Bengals, the Colts, and he finishes the fantasy season with a revenge game in Jacksonville against a team that has really struggled against wide receivers. I kept saying it for a while, I think Calvin Ridley is going to go off in the second half. It is starting to happen. Hopefully you were patient with him, because I do believe I don't think he is going to be this year's biggest league winner, but I do believe he will be on a good percentage of championship rosters.
Speaker 1: It does help that there's just not a lot of places to go with the football there, Like, I don't know that you can trust Nick Westbrook, A Keene or Tyler Boyd, who I honestly sometimes forget is on the roster.
Speaker 3: Elderly is kind of I mean, he kind of is it. And as long as Will Levis is out there, we're going to throw yolo balls. There's certainly a chance that it could happen for him.
Speaker 1: All Right, we'll get some more of email by a question a little bit later on in the week, but we appreciate you sending a man. Of course, you can always hit us up, either individually or at the NFL Fantasy handle there as well.
Speaker 3: Now, let's talk about.
Speaker 1: One of our favorite moments from the past week. Shout out to defenders who have some very creative celebrations.
Speaker 3: This one's from.
Speaker 1: Cam Binam of the Minnesota Vikings. After he picked off Mac Jones, decided to have a callback to the Olympics where he did the reygun celebration, which.
Speaker 3: I feel like, lakwan, he nailed this thing.
Speaker 4: I'm just laughing because I'm just like, wow, what a throwback to the twenty twenty four Olympics. But man, I'm all for this.
Speaker 1: The pilates move he does halfway through Florida where he's kind of gets a side brunch or something like that, Like I feel like that takes some solid abs to get that done. And then you have the dinosaur, the t rex. At the end, there's a kangaroo. She's Australian. Yes for kangaroo.
Speaker 3: Yes. What I love is.
Speaker 2: He had to spend time of his week at the facility or practice or whatever practicing this, like watching the video over and memorizing it and do it because you can't pull this off on a whim, Like you have to prepare for this. So that that's my favorite part of that of this celebration.
Speaker 1: He's had this celebration loaded up for weeks, like this has been a thing four weeks.
Speaker 3: He's been waiting for the moment and a moment.
Speaker 1: So like, no, shout out to him for having the choreography ready and remembering it at the time that you needed it to to bring it out. So shout out to Cam buying them for that ray gun. You will live in our hearts forever. That is It's we are done. We appreciate you hanging out with the NFL Fantasies Football show.
Speaker 3: You know the drill.
Speaker 1: Tell two friends to tell two friends rate review and remember the fact that no one understands you doesn't mean you're an artist.
Speaker 3: To be safe, take care of yourselves and we will talk to you tomorrow. Wo