Speaker 1: Hey, this is Stephen Ferdick.
Speaker 2: I'm the pastor of Elevation Church and this is our podcast. I wanted to thank you for joining us today.
Speaker 1: Hope this inspires you. Hope it builds your faith. Hope it gives your perspective to see God is moving in your life. Enjoy the message.
Speaker 2: The Bible says, sometime later, Jesus went up to Jerusalem for one of the Jewish festivals. Now there is in Jerusalem, near the sheep Gate a pool which an aramaic is called Bethesda, and which is surrounded by five covered colonnades. Five is the number of grace symbolically in the Bible a lot of times when you see it, and the word bethesda means house of mercy. So they're going to a place to get mercy, to get a miracle. And the Bible says in verse three, here a great number of disabled people used to lie, the blind, the lame, the paralyzed. And you know, when we read that list, it's easy for us sometimes to think that the physical condition are the ones that need the greatest healing. But you know, you might be in here tonight and what you're dealing with is crippling anxiety. Maybe in here tonight and maybe you're dealing with the condition that we can't see outwardly.
Speaker 1: But the Lord still wants to touch that area of your life.
Speaker 2: But notice in verse five, this is the important word to me, It says one one who was there.
Speaker 1: That's how personal God is. One who was there had been.
Speaker 2: An invalid for thirty eight years. When Jesus saw him lying there and learned that he had been in this condition for a long time, he asked.
Speaker 1: Him, do you want to get well?
Speaker 2: Uh? Oh, the way you answer this question is going to mark your life from this moment forward.
Speaker 1: I dare somebody to shout.
Speaker 2: I want it, Lord, Yeah, I want it, Lord. I want to get better. I want to grow out of this. I want these chains to break. I want to be set free. I want to move forward. I want this bitterness gone. Somebody shout, I want it. But the invalid replied verse seven, Sir, I have no one to help me into the pool.
Speaker 1: When the water is stirred.
Speaker 2: While I'm trying to get in, someone else goes down ahead of me. In other words, he's got excuses. But verse eight is really the power of the passage.
Speaker 3: Then Jesus said to him, get up, pick up your mat and walk.
Speaker 2: At Once the man was cured, he picked up his mat and walk. Let's clap our hands one more time for the word of God. Now, before you take your seat, I need you to look at your neighbor. Look at either one of them. You want to whichever one you like the best. Look at your neighbor and give him my sermon title. Say neighbor, I've got to get up. High five three people tell him I've got to get up.
Speaker 1: I've got to get up. I've got to get up, got to do it.
Speaker 2: I've got to get up. You may be seated, I've got to get up. I haven't preached it like this any of the other nights. I just felt like somebody in Miami needed to declare that.
Speaker 1: I've got to get up. I've got to get up.
Speaker 2: Stories like this in the Bible remind me that when God gets ready to do something, nothing can stop him. When God gets ready to move in your life, nothing can stop him. Don't worry about the people who don't like you. God will make the right people like you, and he'll remove the wrong people from your life. Boy, you shouted over that somebody's going through a breakup, go ahead and praise God for the breakup that's going to lead to the breakthrough.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: When God gets ready to move, nothing can stop him. Nobody can stop him. I found that much to be true. When we started our church in Charlotte. I told a lot of people I wanted our church to be multicultural. In other words, just because I'm a white pastor, that doesn't mean I just want to pastor.
Speaker 1: All white people.
Speaker 2: Just because I grew up in Monk's Corner, South Carolina doesn't mean I only want to reach people from South Carolina. I want to reach everybody God's called me to reach. And one guy I told this too. He was an expert in starting churches, and he said, that won't work in Charlotte. You can't unify people in Charlotte. Racism is too ingrained in the culture of Charlotte to have a multicultural church. And you know, every time I look around our church on Sunday morning and I see white people and black people, and I see people you know that maybe don't even share the same background, they only maybe share the same religious background worship in side by side. I am so glad that God did not consult that guy to see if.
Speaker 1: He could have a multicultural church in Charlotte.
Speaker 2: And that's the beautiful thing about God in our lives. The last time I was in Miami to preach to you, I shared this story. I'd like to share a little bit of it again about my dad. You know, when I gave my life to Jesus, I was sixteen years old, and I mentioned the name of the town I grew up in.
Speaker 1: It's called Monk's Corner, South Carolina.
Speaker 2: Now, my wife was growing up in Miami and I was growing up in Monk's Corner.
Speaker 1: They're very different.
Speaker 2: The town I grew up in had six thousand people in it, and so this room tonight, if you cut it in half, what's the town I grew up in.
Speaker 1: It's just crazy that I'm here.
Speaker 2: But when God gets ready to do something, nothing can stop up him. And to be honest, when I first gave my life to Christ, I was so passionate that I was a little obnoxious, And when I would share the Gospel with people, I would always.
Speaker 1: Be very judgmental and condemning.
Speaker 2: So basically means I would run around telling everybody they were going to hell for everything all the time, not just I was telling them Jesus loved them. I'm like, you are going to hell. You going to hell for smoking weed. You go into hell for drinking beer. You're going to hell for watching R rated movies. You might go to hell for watching a PG thirteen one movie. I just don't know what scenes are in it yet. You go into hell for listening to secular music. Just everybody's going to hell. But I meant, well, you know, I'm still passionate, but I've adjusted my technique a little bit. But the first significant person that I was really praying for was my dad.
Speaker 1: Now my dad is in heaven. My dad went to be with the Lord in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: And when I gave my life to Jesus, he was not following Christ and he was dealing with several addictions in his life.
Speaker 1: He had a very traumatic childhood.
Speaker 2: He lost his own father at a very young age, and a lot of the things about his life I would not even learn until much later. But at age sixteen, I remember telling my dad one morning I was getting ready to go to church and he wasn't going, and I looked at him on the way out the door and I said, you know, because I had to borrow his tie and stuff like that, but he wasn't using it to go to church.
Speaker 1: So I'm putting on his tie out.
Speaker 2: Of his closet and I said, Dad, before long, you're gonna be dressing up to go to church too. God's about to get a hold of your life. You need to get ready because it's gona be amazing. Because I'm praying for you. It's gonna be awesome. So just get ready, and I walked out the door. Now I know how you want this story to go. You want him to jump in the car and follow me that day, but that didn't happen. About two years later, I was on a traveling ministry team from our little Baptist college, which is actually how I got Holly to be my girlfriend. I put her on my ministry team, which is game. You gotta admit that is godly game. Hey girl, do you want to be on my summer ministry team? And I knew if I could expose her to my anointing for a whole summer, she would find it irresistible.
Speaker 1: Anyway, the last.
Speaker 2: Stop of the summer where we were going to all these little churches was at my home church. And again it's been a couple of years since that conversation with my dad, and I preached the sermon that morning, and in the Baptist church, you would preach and then give an invitation for people to come forward and give their life to Christ. And I remember that particular morning feeling like I had failed in my sermon.
Speaker 1: You know, there's a sense you get as a preacher.
Speaker 2: Like I just wasn't clear. I just didn't get the job done. I don't think they got it. And I went and sat down on the front row and I bowed my head, which would have looked like I was praying, but I was really embarrassed. I didn't want to look and see that nobody was going to come to the altar after that terrible message. But Pastor Mickey, my pastor, he tapped me on the shoulder and he pointed to the altar and there was one person at the altar and it was my dad. And he's just crying like a baby. I mean, he's a big dude, to like six' too two d and eighty. Pounds there's only three times THAT i ever saw him cry in my, life and this was one of.
Speaker 1: Them and he gave his life To christ that day.
Speaker 4: After the worst SERMON i ever, Preached because When god gets ready to do, something nothing can stop, him not even a bad, sermon not even a bad neck.
Speaker 2: Tie nothing can Stop god when he gets ready to do. Something and you, KNOW i had a conversation with my dad about.
Speaker 1: THAT a little bit.
Speaker 2: LATER i asked, him you, know After god started working in his life and, STUFF i, said do you remember that day WHEN i looked at you and, Said god's about to change your? Life get ready is going to be? Amazing and he, goes, YEAH i, REMEMBER i thought you were. CRAZY i fell sorry for. YOU i knew you were about to be disappointed because you had no idea how far GONE i really. WAS i knew that you had no idea what was really going on in my. Life and if you knew WHAT i was really dealing, with you wouldn't have that kind of faith like. That but When god gets ready to do something in somebody's, LIFE i don't care if you're six,' two i don't care if you bench press four hundred and. FIVE pounds i don't care what kind of creatine protein steroids. You Take when god gets ready to, do something all of the brute force in the world can't. Withstand him that's why some of you big dudes, were crying dearing worship tonight and you were trying to try it before she. Saw it but let, it, fall man because we All, need jesus we All, need god we all.
Speaker 1: Need GRACE am i right?
Speaker 2: About it that's why we were lifting our hands because we've got some goliaths that. We're fighting we've got some giants that, we're facing and We need god to bring.
Speaker 1: Them down and all the power in the world can't.
Speaker 2: Do it but one Touch, from god one Word, from god, one MOMENT and i feel. LIKE preaching i need to get back behind this pulpit and.
Speaker 1: Settle down is. Too early but touch somebody. And say nothing Can. Stop god nothing Can.
Speaker 2: Stop god not, a diagnosis not a, bad report not. A rejection nothing Can, stop god NOT an. Iq deficiency god likes.
Speaker 1: To use people who aren't.
Speaker 2: That smart, That way he gets all the Glory when he shows you what. To do although not, too smart but Trust, in god.
Speaker 1: People's shall.
Speaker 2: And so in, this passage we have a man who is too. Far gone he's been in this condition thirty. Eight years he's been unable to move thirty. Eight years he has been unable to do what other people do effortlessly thirty eight years.
Speaker 1: Until, one day.
Speaker 2: One man speaks one word over, his life And when jesus, showed up the man didn't even get a chance. To refuse jesus just, told him you've got to.
Speaker 1: Get up.
Speaker 2: Tell, your neighbor you've got to. Get up, that's crazy. Isn't It because jesus wanted to use. This man he wanted his mat where he used to lay to become.
Speaker 1: His.
Speaker 2: Testimony yeah god will use the thing that you're. Struggling with he will use the thing that you're asking him.
Speaker 1: To take away to teach.
Speaker 2: You grace he will use the thing that you struggle with so that when he sets you free, from it you can go back to other people who struggle, and say let me tell You what god did.
Speaker 1: For me if he did it, for me he can do it. For you that's why you've got to. Get up.
Speaker 2: But you don't have to do it. By yourself because the hero of this story is not. THE man i don't even like the man in. This story he's full. Of excuses we find out later in verse fourteen that he lived a. Sinful life he didn't ask to. Get healed he Didn't tell jesus. Thank you he didn't Even know jesus's name after, the heal and he just took the free gift and was trying to sneak out of there before the man changed. HIS mind i don't even find this guy particularly charismatic or worthy of, a miracle But when god gets ready to, do something nothing can.
Speaker 1: Stop HIM.
Speaker 2: So i want to show you briefly three Things that. JESUS did i Told you i'm From a. BAPTIST background i got to have three POINTS so i won't FEEL like i did my.
Speaker 1: Job tonight there are three Things.
Speaker 2: That jesus does in this PASSAGE that i believe he wants to do with you and for, you TONIGHT and i want you to repeat them. After me, Number one, jesus stops, Say it jesus. Stopped us, Number two, jesus sees, Say it. Jesus sees and, number three this is, My favorite, jesus.
Speaker 5: Says, Say it, Jesus says. Jesus stops. Jesus sees, Jesus says. Jesus stops imagine being one of. His disciples you're an apprentice to the most important man in.
Speaker 1: Human history, and, Remember y'all jesus doesn't.
Speaker 2: Have long he only has three years of public ministry before he goes to.
Speaker 1: The cross and so, one day as.
Speaker 2: He's headed up for This important, jewish festival he Turns To peter andrew or one of those boys, and, Says hey i've got A stop i need to make before we get to.
Speaker 1: The temple and, it's, like, okay well if.
Speaker 2: We're stopping, You know jesus is a healer and a savior and, a redeemer and he's got all these. Important things we must be stopping for somebody. Very important so you.
Speaker 1: Follow him just.
Speaker 2: Imagine you're Following, g Jesus and, JESUS says i have A stop i need, to make and you pull up to this pool where people are lying around waiting for the water to be stirred because they are that desperate for.
Speaker 1: A miracle And the bible says that.
Speaker 2: They were blind and laying. And paralyzed now notice none of them are mentioned by. Their name they are all mentioned by. Their condition and THE reason i point that out to you is because sometimes you can go through something so long that you forget who.
Speaker 1: You are.
Speaker 2: Sometimes you can go through a season of depression that is so deep that you no Longer say i'm dealing.
Speaker 1: With depression YOU say i. Am depressed.
Speaker 2: You, start, SAYING well i can't do THAT because i. Have anxiety that's fine for you to. Have anxiety we all, get, AFRAID right i get NERVOUS before i preach. To you i'm over on the same to, the stage Going, oh God, MY god i need, you NOW how i need?
Speaker 1: You now Oh, Roc oh Rock.
Speaker 2: Of ages there's twelve thousand People in miami that came for a word, from You and i'm not good enough to. Do It, so god would you help me tonight because they need you for.
Speaker 1: Their situation.
Speaker 2: But wouldn't it be TERRIBLE if i let the fear of letting you down stop me from preaching. To you wouldn't it be TERRIBLE if i let the people who criticize me for my style of preaching stop me from preaching The way god called me.
Speaker 1: To preach god didn't call me to reach. PERFECT people i don't need to preach the. Perfect People if i'm preaching.
Speaker 2: The, perfect people That means i'm Dead and i'm. In heaven that's the Only place whe're preaching the. PERFECT people i want to preach to some, messed UP imperfect I need God and i'm not ashamed to.
Speaker 1: Say It people are there any people like that in, The? House tony so it's all right that you struggle.
Speaker 2: With it but the problem becomes when you begin to forget your true Nature in christ because you are so consumed by the thing that won't let.
Speaker 1: You go it could be an addiction for some.
Speaker 2: Of you. It is it could be the doubt that you feel sometimes you Wonder is god? Even, real sometimes even in an environment, like this it can be tricky because it seems like everybody else has got their lives so much more together, than you because you just look at them and they, ARE like i Trust, in god and, you're, like man that must be awesome to Just trusting.
Speaker 1: God like that like.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 1: I'ma tell you.
Speaker 2: A secret those of us that are lifting our hands, so high we're not lifting our hands that high because we're.
Speaker 1: So holy It's because he is. So holy we're not lifting our.
Speaker 2: Hands so high because we've got it. All together we're lifting our hands so high because We need him to hold, us together Because without him we'd.
Speaker 1: Fall apart clap. Your Hands if i'm right? About it from the front to. The back.
Speaker 2: And doesn't it touch your heart to know that we have a savior who stops for one man who can't do anything, in return a man who has been stuck in the same place for thirty, eight years a man who everybody else just walks.
Speaker 1: Right over, jesus says you do you want to? Get well for? One Man thank god that.
Speaker 2: HE stops i don't know how to explain this, to you But when, I'm preaching i'm able to picture As if jesus was walking up and down these aisles in this, arena tonight looking, for one looking, for one one who has, been praying one who will, be honest one who will open up, their heart just one. AND see i have a visual, for This that jesus would stop. For one because as MUCH as i love this and love you and want to, appreach tonight if one little girl in this Room Named abby fredick screamed in, PAIN tonight i would stop the whole.
Speaker 1: Sermon for her and.
Speaker 2: Somebody Else rich wilkerson would have to come up here and pick up my second and, third point which might not be a bad, idea anyway but somebody else would have to finish because if one of. My, children now if It, was graham my eighteen year, OLD boy i might just let him tough.
Speaker 1: It out.
Speaker 2: I'M kidding i would stop for. Him Too but i'm trying to get you to See that jesus stops For one he's a, Wonderful savior he's A. Merciful god and not only does he stop for, one man but he stops the disease that has robbed this man of. His Life and jesus tonight can say stop to, a situation and it has, to obey because he has all power and. All authority Jesus the King, Of kings Jesus the Lord. Of lords Jesus the Prince. Of peace Jesus.
Speaker 1: The lily Of.
Speaker 2: The valley Jesus the Lamb of god slain from the foundation of. The earth Jesus the lion of the Tribe. Of judah Jesus the Alpha. And omega Jesus the first And, The last Jesus the Bride And.
Speaker 1: Morning star jesus, who was and is and is. To come Jesus.
Speaker 2: The man On The, Middle cross jesus The, Stone roller Jesus the resurrection And, The life Jesus The, Good shepherd jesus the, True vibe jesus the, Dead meter jesus the, Way maker jesus, The shamebreaker jesus who has the name that is about every name that the Name, of jesus every name.
Speaker 1: Will bow and every tone Confess. That jesus.
Speaker 2: Jesus stops for a man whose name we don't.
Speaker 1: Even know.
Speaker 2: He's, that good he's, that powerful he's, that personal he's. That purposeful he has aligned your life in such a way that.
Speaker 1: There is nothing you're going through that.
Speaker 2: Surprises him there is nothing you're going through that makes him ashamed. Of you there is nothing you can bring him that. Is insignificant you're. His child there's nothing you can bring him. That's intimidating He. Is god there is nothing in your.
Speaker 1: Life that you can't come to. Him about and.
Speaker 2: He stops, one Time the disciples we're in a terrible Storm in march, chapter Four and jesus was sleeping in the stern of, the Ship and peter thought he, didn't care and, he said, Wake, up jesus.
Speaker 1: Do something we're about. To Die and jesus, WAS like i was just letting you go through the storm for a.
Speaker 2: Little while and then he got up and he. Stopped It because jesus can stop.
Speaker 1: A storm jesus can. Stop it.
Speaker 2: Touch through if People say jesus can, stop it he can. Stop it he can stop. A storm he can stop a storm in. Your life the next time the panic, attack comes just start calling on the Name. Of, Jesus, Jesus, jesus jesus. You're, Enough, jesus jesus still this storm in. My life he can stop. A storm, one Time in luke, chapter seven they were having a funeral for a. Little boy they were going through the streets of a Town, called nine and a widow was about to bury her.
Speaker 1: Only son he was going through the. Streets Dead but jesus.
Speaker 2: Had compassion on, the woman and he reached out his hand and he touched the, little boy and the boy sat.
Speaker 1: Up Straight because jesus can stop.
Speaker 2: A funeral don't bury, your hope don't bury, your faith don't bury. Your joy jesus can. Stop it one touch, from him and all of, a sudden the funeral. Was canceled jesus can. Stop it, one Time in john, chapter eight they were about to stone a woman to death because she had done something, very sinful and they caught her and maybe you're dealing with shame and condemnation in this. Place TONIGHT and i want you to Know what jesus did for. THE woman i believe he'll do. For you he got down in, the dirt because not only is he a.
Speaker 1: Savior, who stops he's a savior.
Speaker 2: Who stoops and he got down in the dirt of the, woman's situation and he began to write something in. The dirt and when the people had their stones ready to throw, at her which represents the condemnation of the enemy against your, life tonight that you've been feeling, so ashamed and you've been feeling LIKE maybe i don't have, a future and maybe it's over. For Me and, jesus said let he who is without sin cast the.
Speaker 1: First stone and here's what.
Speaker 2: He knew the only one without sin, was him and he was down in. The dirt and the only one who can pronounce over your life what your life can be is the one who.
Speaker 1: Created you and.
Speaker 2: Fashioned You and jesus stopped, the STONING and i came to Declare over, miami tonight we have a.
Speaker 1: Savior who can. Stop IT so i Love that.
Speaker 2: JESUS stops i love every time that little hissing sound comes out of the SCOREBOARD because i feel like it's the devil having a panic attack while We're praising god in. Here tonight the devil is sighing because he knows that this is the last night that you're gonna believe the lies he's been.
Speaker 1: TELLING you i know he's been lying, to you.
Speaker 2: Some. Of you he's had you up at two and three in the morning worrying about situations that may never. Even happen he's stealing all your strength and all your joy even in this. Service tonight it's so important that when we, say amen that you don't. Stop singing it's so important that when we, say amen you don't. Stop praising.
Speaker 1: You've got to really carry this night with you because.
Speaker 2: The giants that you're facing aren't going to be any different when you, get home but.
Speaker 1: You are, he stops and then. VERSE six i. Love it it's so poetic.
Speaker 2: To me do y'all just Love the BIBLE like? I, do man it's fresh. To me i've been preaching IT since i was sixteen, years old and it's still fresh. To me because look what VERSE six sss is coming up on. The, screen Plase when jesus saw him. Lying, there now what's so significant, about That, Pastor steven why are you stopping to tell? Me that because think this man was lying on, a mat and most people only identified him with. His mat they only saw what he, Couldn't do they only saw what he. Couldn't Be but jesus didn't see the. Mat first he saw.
Speaker 1: The man he sees me say it. Out loud he. Sees me he sees me in, my storm he sees me in.
Speaker 2: My disappointment he even sees the parts of ME that i want to hide from. Everybody else he sees the parts of ME that i won't even admit. To myself and one of the most amazing things to Realize. About JESUS and i want to say this, just, right okay so bear with me for a MOMENT when i realized that the one who knows me, the best loves me, the most is set, me free because if he knows me totally and loves, me completely what can others do?
Speaker 1: To me.
Speaker 2: Jesus saw the man, lying there and he learned that his condition was so bad that it. Looked hopeless like my dad, who said you had no idea how FAR gone. I was And then jesus is, probably thinking but you have no idea HOW good.
Speaker 1: I am you have. No, idea hey you have no idea HOW.
Speaker 2: Good i am at. My, Job see jesus is the Word. Of god he doesn't speak the Word. Of god he is the Word. Of god So when jesus sees, the man he doesn't see him where.
Speaker 1: He is he sees who he.
Speaker 2: Really is and sometimes you get confused about who you really are because all you see is. Your mat all you see is. Your mat all you see is the thing you. Struggle with one of the things that really makes me laugh about. My WIFE now i need you all to pray for her, about this because this is the only issue that she has other.
Speaker 1: Than this she is truly the, perfect woman and she's a. Great gift but one thing that she does is.
Speaker 2: So confusing you Know, how christmas when you give, your gifts you kind of like stagger them where you start with the smallest one and then you go to the biggest one if you're getting multiple gifts. For, somebody Okay so holly always gets, great gifts but she does this weird thing with boxes because she's she's got all these really nice boxes and she doesn't want them to go. To waste so what, she'll do and you'll pray for her, about This the lord can. DELIVER her i have faith that. He can when she gives you the, cheapest gift a lot of times it will be in the, nicest box which is so disappointing when you open the paper and the Box, Says nordstrom and then you open the box and the gift the Box, says nordstrom and the gift Says, dollar tree.
Speaker 1: And you'll open the, box like what?
Speaker 2: Is this this doesn't Match that she will put the worst gift in the. Best Box but god will do just. The opposite god will package some of his best gifts in some of the. Ugliest boxes have any of you been dealing with an ugly box in your? Life lately, come on don't leave me up here, by Myself like i'm the only One that amazon dropped off a box that had been beaten and torn and rained on. And weathered but if you open, the box and if You trust god and not, the box you might find that the season you're going through, right now you're gonna look back at it a year from now, and go Thank you lord for that. Ugly box because in that ugly box was a. Great GIFT and i just came to declare, right now you cannot give.
Speaker 1: Up on this season of your life because you don't like.
Speaker 2: The box god does not live inside of. Your box god sees things you. Can't see god knows things you. Can't know god does not see the man on. The mat he sees the mat on. The man in, Other words god sees you coming out. OF this i declare tonight you are not going to die in this. Low state this is not going to be the end of. Your story this is just a chapter in. Your life you've got to. Get up your.
Speaker 1: Future children are depending. On it some of you in.
Speaker 2: This room are to be the one in your generation that breaks the curse that has been over.
Speaker 1: Your family There.
Speaker 2: Are, OH god i felt chills all up and down my SPINE when i. SAID that i don't know who, it is but there are some of you in.
Speaker 1: This room and if it hits YOU when i, said it jump up And give god Praise that i'm. The one god's gonna. Use me i'm gonna have. A testimony i'm not dying.
Speaker 2: Down here he stops and he sees.
Speaker 1: Somebody say jesus, Stops say. Jesus sees.
Speaker 2: And my favorite part of, the, verse Y'all is, jesus says because you got two voices, going on you've got one voice saying.
Speaker 1: Stay down you can't. Stay down you've. Tried before. Stay down it's. No use this is.
Speaker 2: Not real that dude up there with, the microphone he is just hyping.
Speaker 1: You up this is.
Speaker 2: Just emotionalism it is not EMOTIONALISM that i am preaching to.
Speaker 1: You tonight it's.
Speaker 2: Called faith it's called the Power. Of god it's the Presence. Of god it's the Name. Of jesus this is. Not hype this. Is hope it's been too long that you've been. Down there and with one Word from jesus verse, number Eight then jesus said, to him you've got to. Get up Somebody say i've got to.
Speaker 1: Get up.
Speaker 2: And.
Speaker 1: It worked.
Speaker 2: He, got up and he took up his net just because he did what the. MAN said i wonder what would happen tonight if you would just do what the.
Speaker 1: Man said this guy. Got healed and he didn't Even know. Jesus's name you know, A name you know.
Speaker 2: A name that can silence. Roaring waves you know a name that can empty out. A grave you know a name that when, it resounds chains have. To break and the men got up and began. To walk and when he did, verse Nine the bible says it Was a, sabbath day which was not the day that they thought he was supposed to, Be healed but it was the Day that god decided to. Heal him Because when god gets ready to, do something.
Speaker 1: Nothing can.
Speaker 2: Stop HIM didn't i say that at the beginning of.
Speaker 1: My sermon so.
Speaker 2: Watch this this, Is, crazy miami get ready. For this in, verse Ten the jewish leader said, to him the man who had, been healed it Is. The sabbath the law forbids you from carrying. Your mat in, other words you can't. Do.
Speaker 1: THAT now i want you.
Speaker 2: To see the coldest verse in The Entire new testament is, verse eleven because they're saying you can't, do that you can't carry. Your mat there will always be a voice telling you you can't Do what god told you. To do but his voice is the voice, that matters because it is the voice that spoke the world into being out.
Speaker 1: Of nothing it is the voice. That heals it is the voice. That saves so.
Speaker 2: You've got one voice saying you can't, Do that and in, verse eleven the man. Does something this is so powerful, to me. He replied the man who made me well said, to Me because, Jesus stops, Jesus sees, jesus says so it says if, HE'S saying i appreciate your opinion that you're.
Speaker 1: TELLING me i can't pick up my mat. And walk but y'all have walked by me every.
Speaker 2: Day for thirty, eight years and not one of you had the power to get. Me up.
Speaker 1: But that man, over there, come on help Me. Preach miami that man, over there.
Speaker 2: The man who made, me well said, to me, get up pick up, your mat. AND walk i believe this man was so happy that he was able. TO walk i believe he started singing. Goodbye yesterday i'm living in a lot of a. NEW day i won't waste another minute on, The colonnades Praise.
Speaker 1: The lord i'll.
Speaker 2: Walk again i'm dancing on the GRAY that i. Want slave i'm dancing on the. Gray dog maybe he couldn't dance yet because he's never.
Speaker 1: Walked before but maybe he just.
Speaker 2: Starts simple maybe he, Just Says i'm carrie and the MAT that I Want Slade i'm carrie and.
Speaker 1: The MAT that i want one. Hundred People i'm carrie and the MATE that i. Want slave i'm making, this. Up y'all y'all gotta help me.
Speaker 2: With this and then the religious leaders, are like you can't.
Speaker 1: Do, that no you're doing. It wrong and, He's Like i'm carrie and the MAT that. I want come here.
Speaker 2: To Me i'm carrie and the MATE that, I, Want Slade i'm carrie and the MAT where i used to you can't do that on.
Speaker 1: The, seventh day.
Speaker 2: And then points the man over there has the. Final say the man over there has the. Final say, the man.
Speaker 1: Are there three thousand People in miami who already.
Speaker 2: To lead?
Speaker 1: This flank different than?
Speaker 2: Your pay.
Speaker 1: Will if? Mess YOU when i, say three you's got, tough, one dude get. Up Breath i'm dad saying on The grass, i'm dead saying on, the ground take up. Your Knack i'm dad saying on, the grass, come on, my.
Speaker 2: Man you.
Speaker 1: Are right I'm a i'm carrying the MAT and i. WANT that i can't. MARRY him, a man where are?
Speaker 2: You sing has a.
Speaker 1: Final set there's a final, sat now if You, believe jesus that's the, final say get out myself Raised. The lord i've been, born AGAIN and i love me back.
Speaker 2: Good yesterday, Hold on i'm being.
Speaker 1: Different because i've got to, get off.
Speaker 2: Because he's, calling me because he's done too much, for me And the god who never gave up, on you even though you were there on that map for thirty. Eight years he saw every season of your.
Speaker 1: Life and he never lets. You go don't you. See it that's why, you're here that's why. You're breathing you've got to. Get up he brought you here to get. You up you're not getting up.
Speaker 2: By yourself, Jesus stops, Jesus sees, jesus says AND if i could give you a, fourth point it Would be. Jesus saves, RIGHT now i want you to bow your head and close. Your eyes nobody moving in. This moment this is, an, important precious, sacred MOMENT because i want to invite everyone in this room who needs to give your Life to, christ tonight really give your Life, to jesus really make him the lord of.
Speaker 1: YOUR life i want to give you. THAT opportunity i Believe.
Speaker 2: That jesus will stop this whole service for, one person this, whole event for.
Speaker 1: One person he loves you.
Speaker 2: That much he, sees you and he can, save you and he says to you tonight that his grace is sufficient. For You the bible says that if you confess with your Mouth that Jesus, is lord and believe in Your heart god raised him from, the dead you will. Be saved You will he'll raise. You up The same god That raised jesus from the grave will raise you. Up tonight it is by grace you are saved. Through faith it's the Gift, of god not. Of works so that no one can boast right now with heads bowed in this beautiful Moment that god has.
Speaker 1: Brought us Together for i'm going to pray. A prayer this prayer is.
Speaker 2: Not magical if you mean it from your, Heart tonight god will hear, you heaven and he will heal you and forgive you of your sin and cleanse you from, your unrighteousness and this will be your. New beginning we're going to pray This together miami for the benefit of those who are Coming to, jesus TONIGHT and i want us all to pray it out loud in faith for. Those people if you mean it in your heart and You, say jesus here's. MY life i turn from. MY sin i turn. TO you i want your FORGIVENESS and i want a, new BEGINNING and i trust you as. My savior then, right now repeat these words, After Me, heavenly father as a, church family let's say it, Out Loud. HEAVENLY father i am a sinner in need of. A SAVIOR and i Believe That jesus christ Is the Son of god And the savior of. The world.
Speaker 1: AND tonight I make Jesus the lord of.
Speaker 2: MY life i believe he DIED that i would be forgiven and rose again to give.
Speaker 1: ME life i receive this. New life this is my.
Speaker 2: NEW beginning i am a Child. Of god if you just pray that to give your Life. To JESUS when i, say three shoot your hand in. The, air, one, two three we celebrate new. Beginnings tonight, come on let's Give the lord praise for every.
Speaker 1: New beginning, Thank, You jesus thank you for.
Speaker 2: Joining us special thanks to those of you who give generously to.
Speaker 1: This ministry is because of you that this ministry.
Speaker 2: Is possible you can click the link in the description to, give now Or visit elevationchurch dot org slash podcast for more information and if you enjoyed, the podcast you.
Speaker 1: Can subscribe you can share it with.
Speaker 2: Your friends you can click the, share button take a screenshot shaired on your, social stories and tag Us At. Elevation church thanks again, For listening god bless you