Speaker 1: What's up?
Speaker 2: And welcome back to another episode of No Sealer's podcast with your host. Now, fuck that with your low glasses alone. All right, you all ready to go? Now, it's a lot of people on this podcast. Okay, you can't touch the head of the mic because it's gonna make a bunch of noise.
Speaker 3: Me. Yes, oh no, I was just moving it kind of like bobbly.
Speaker 1: Okay, so remember whenever, remember, whenever you move the mic, that's going to.
Speaker 4: Are we good?
Speaker 3: Now? Yes, I don't need to touch you at all. I just try to get trying to get the standard.
Speaker 5: You are recording this f y.
Speaker 2: I just so y'all know people can hear y'all fumbling through this.
Speaker 4: Oh now, okay, so let's go.
Speaker 5: Safety is off.
Speaker 2: Excuse me, it's not me this time for you feel like a podcast pronouns.
Speaker 1: Do its over there bumbling his mic?
Speaker 6: You checked my mics real fast. It's like, you know, I didn't even know we had started recording. I wouldn't have even been talking. You wouldn't have been But that's the point of the.
Speaker 3: Well no, I mean I would have talked in accordance, is what I'm saying. In accordance of what of whatever the topic is, but we are we're talking about sneakers.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's all night.
Speaker 3: It's like a we just start talking. She don't like singers, but he got a shiploader. It's not I don't.
Speaker 7: He'll break out a cold pair off the blue, but he doesn't like the twiter guy.
Speaker 3: I mean, you get it. We're getting into you know, he thinks that ship is so corny.
Speaker 1: It's not I don't like sneakers.
Speaker 2: I just think it been compromised, Like it was compromised exactly. Like so, but like when something becomes like mainstream America, like I kind of turned off from it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but just like hip hop, you can go underground. So there's gonna be things that we talk about that the average commercial person or casual is not going to really know. Like he just showed me some Bo Jackson's that came out like what ninety two. Yeah, and the people wouldn't even be able to look at those and know that orange ones from that long.
Speaker 1: He said, the white orange ones.
Speaker 3: Huh he said, what the white orange one? Yeah, yellow, he probably thinking he's saying the same thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, No, no, min is gray and mustard.
Speaker 3: Yeah. In the ninety two is the great Mustard. But I think the way he's talking about was what we were pre release, the sc trainers, the auburn color exact sneaker head.
Speaker 5: I used to live with him when I was a kid. So it's like all the all the stuff from the nineties, and then like because of the running track, like you get it, like you have nothing to do but shoes when you're running.
Speaker 3: You guys talk about running shoes earlier, wasn't you. Yeah, well you're saying that they came back with like a six.
Speaker 4: And new balance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tony, all the running shoes came back. They're kind of getting really stylish now.
Speaker 5: I tried to bring back Theodaria single handedly.
Speaker 3: A bro.
Speaker 7: I got me to a pair of ray Quan I used to Yeah, all.
Speaker 3: I wear is ewings and questions, But you got every color. Motherfuckers don't even have you know what I want.
Speaker 5: Those kj's from like ninety five. They need to bring those back with the react in the in the Yeah, with the reacts, no.
Speaker 7: Converse, no converse, all the converse converse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I got that little jelling in it that didn't didn't do it.
Speaker 1: Little king kings over there, like.
Speaker 3: I got sketches on. I can't get tribute ship. You know Snoop doggs U shoe deal is with sketcher right Listen, I'm gonna tell you something, real sneaker heads is not gonna diss any shoe for the most part. They'll just say, hey, that's not my cup of tea. But they're not gonna shoot on it. Really, yes at all, okay, because you understand what everything like, everything has something at some point. Were just talking about how like l A Gears when they got popular when we were kids, those were payless shoes at one time.
Speaker 2: Really, yeah, the ones with the lights right, Yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: That's when they got popping. But la years were we are before the lights in the age they.
Speaker 5: A pump shoe.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 2: Yes, I just know he right, they did have a pump shoe. Still they had a pump too, Like I just know you wings and questions. If I don't keep it classic with with Quartels or Chucks or advanced redboy, I got like so many questions and ewings.
Speaker 1: I ain't even ward him.
Speaker 2: But like I won't like when I see everybody start being way into in love with shoes, I just won't get them like that kind of steals the luster from me, Like I'm not looking for a unique. Well, actually, I've been working with a dude right now that's on Instagram. I think I showed him to you trash. He makes shoes like I want if I got to spend the money that we be talking about spending for shoes, they need to be I'm the only one with these shoes.
Speaker 3: That's like, what's his name? No, no, no, dude, It's called SIA Collective somewhere in America. Oh wow, Oh it is fire. He makes like in shoes and clothing, jeans like that dude, that dude ship is fire.
Speaker 2: Now this dude comes he's from Mexico. He comes out here. He measures your foot like with lent he to your foot. He's a real Exactly.
Speaker 3: That's how they do my boots when I go to the branch, right.
Speaker 1: So yeah, that's what I did. Like that's it.
Speaker 2: Other than that, I don't want to like I had all the Jordan's multiple times, like the first time they came out and the second time and the third time, and it's.
Speaker 1: Like everybody messed it up.
Speaker 2: And then like I was big growing up into the Hirachis, I was big into the Dion's, the cross Trainers.
Speaker 3: Which is all coming back right now.
Speaker 1: And I'm cool, like they didn't messed it up for me, because now.
Speaker 3: Who messed it up for you?
Speaker 1: Well, the first time I went to the store and they tried to make me have a lottery drap a ticket. You're paying my money?
Speaker 4: Got a joke? For real? It was like that.
Speaker 3: But we're sure that's because that's what she said. Okay, now I get it. It definitely ruins it because you got to be trying to compete with these little nerds and ship.
Speaker 7: Who didn't grow up with them. You know, they didn't know about them, you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And the only reason they buy them king is because what And it's not even that big right now. So during the pandemic, this is when it happened at the height, when everybody was getting them edd checks and PBP loves and stimulus checks. It was money floating, right. So it happened during the sneaker game for those like two three years that we were in that you could get it saying five by like a pair of dunks, which became really popular for one hundred and twenty motherfuckers was reselling them for like two three, four hundred dollars. So it became that. So that's what G's talking about. Like now they're to try to buy the brand new shoes se can resell them. Well, they try to get whatever they think is going to be popular and then resell it. But I'm telling you it's not People don't have money like that right now. The economy's fucked up. So now like all them shoes he's talking about, it's not even like that anymore. You can actually just go online and get them for the most.
Speaker 4: Part cheap and stuff here.
Speaker 3: Well, just the retail price.
Speaker 1: They ruined it for me.
Speaker 2: So that's why I just went ahead and went to a whole nother shoe that ain't like Ewings. Don't nobody be rocking Ewings. Don't nobody really get into the questions like you could.
Speaker 3: Get it get out of here.
Speaker 2: I mean, you gotta really be into like and why can't you like me? I just see a shoe, I like, I don't care.
Speaker 3: Who makes it. It's a shoe, it's a shoehead. I just buy it.
Speaker 6: It's not about you know who makes it with brand it is. I see a shoe and the shoes st be like, oh god.
Speaker 3: What should never be about the brand?
Speaker 6: It's yeah, you know, like there's no none of these names. But I got shoes, you know, shoes.
Speaker 3: Well, that's where it comes in a little bit different because sometimes you start to like me and him were just talking right right now, we're saying that you talk about, Hey, was the toe box mesh? Was it leather?
Speaker 4: Was it?
Speaker 3: You appreciate the shoe is just a little bit different.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: But I get shoes.
Speaker 6: People like, oh, those are nice shoes, and I'd be like, they'd be like what cop be like, I guess indeed it's Nike.
Speaker 3: Y'all don't know whatever what version is.
Speaker 1: But my love for Vans has grown.
Speaker 3: Listen, g could tell you every car probably every car park it goes in. He could tell you when somen's going on. So some people are just into certain things.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: I mean, I was in the shoes, like, I like shoes, but they ruined it. Like once mainstream America get get his hand on something, I'll be done with it. I'll be like I never mind cause it's just like like everybody is trying to buy cool points like and I'm cool, Like if you not cool already if you're trying to buy this for cool points. And that's what I feel like is happening with hip hop, like everybody is trying to rap or use slang to be cool. No silings Jail, got my brother Peter Boston the House, Got a couple of homies, my boy Trash, Tony Nadio, hip Hop Extraordinary, Inglewood's Finest. I got my homeboy jing Gbody jing Hold this guy's car part of the one ten Click. Got my big brother King. Y'all know, King is all the time on the stream. We do those no silly streams Monday, Wednesday and Friday.
Speaker 1: King is there.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: King wants a greater intro.
Speaker 3: But like.
Speaker 4: America, he want me to there.
Speaker 3: He so g knows about cars to then he just got that big hard That's that's just what I got one for for for for for King King. You could talk about different strands of marijuana all today.
Speaker 8: Movies we're gonna talk about today. But I'm saying there's an injury that's almost scientific.
Speaker 6: But but well, you're the only one that's gonna talk about it in the group of people.
Speaker 3: It doesn't fit the time. You know what means you're a specialist. Yes, but we're not talking about right now. But if we had someone here though I think I agree with you would be but you have a knowledge for it. That's how we look at shoes.
Speaker 6: That's the second of conversations with my sketchers and talk about stuff.
Speaker 3: Do you know I went, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 9: See, I don't the conversation with my supermroom.
Speaker 3: I can't get shot out. Don't want to jump here with me?
Speaker 2: We can make it fast, want Well, this was my idea. So, oh, my supermroom, something crazy with you need? So I got offered an opportunity to act from John Single to recipes, I got opportunity to act from Aaron McGruder to play in what ended up becoming Black Jesus, and I kind of didn't take it serious, Like.
Speaker 1: I just I really have a high respect for actors.
Speaker 2: Like acting films to me is serious, Like like I have watched entirely too many people be bad movies for me to like just think that I could jump up and do it, and you know everybody.
Speaker 5: Else is just can do it because there's no standard.
Speaker 2: No, But it don't make me feel like I can do it. It makes me feel like I wouldn't do that because I don't want to look bad.
Speaker 3: Gotcha.
Speaker 2: Like it's a talent like Denzel Washington, to me is the same character every time, but it's such a good character, like Samuel Jackson, so you know you got that kind of actor, then you got like the Don Cheatles Don Cheato can become somebody else, sure, Daniel Daniel day Lewis, I think his name is, he could become somebody else. It's a couple actors who could become somebody else. And then there's these really to me well pronounced personalities Will Smith, Denzel Washington, Samuel Jackson, Robert de Niro, Al Pacino that could be themselves, and then they morphed into the character. The character becomes them Like every movie, Denzel Washington finds a reason to yell.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean, and it works same with Samuel Jackson. It don't matter.
Speaker 2: So I say all that to say is I accepted a role in a movie and it's like my first role, and I accepted the role. Don't clap you. I accepted the role because I'm on the verge of shooting and producing my first film and I'm like I need to go be on this set right so I can see you know what it's like. So shout out to Themie Bounce trashhome boy from where the West La Santa Monica area, I mean grave Yard. And he wanted me to do this film and it's a short part. It's not a huge part, but there's only five people in the damn movie.
Speaker 3: Script is so intense though.
Speaker 2: That shit is dope, right, So it was like, this is like everybody gonna see it. So I'm thinking, like, right now, MAYU, this is like two weeks away. If it's that far it, I'm like, I need to give me some online acting because I do not want to go out here Pete and make a Jackie answer myself?
Speaker 5: Sure, and what is the roles character supposed to and you're not playing like something very similar to yourself. It's like an actual character that's not like, oh he'd be perfect for this.
Speaker 2: It's a little bit more professional than I would be. Gotcha, Like, I'm a pro, but I'm not professional. I'm a professional lob.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 2: That's what I have been really working on, being a professional cryp. I a professional. Anything else is different. I mean, like I know how to work all the equipment in the studio. I know how to hook it all up. I know I to take it all apart. I know how to work cameras, lights, I know how to works and stuff. But I wouldn't call myself a professional. The only thing I would call myself is a professional hip hop artist and a professional cryp. Those are things that I do businessing, and business is good.
Speaker 3: So it's just odd to do that.
Speaker 2: And the film most likely is gonna end up on tub or Hulu or one of those things. But it's still so serious to me, Like I'm like, I need to kneilis. I don't want to just make myself look stupid, like you know. To me, it's like everybody else is jumping front of a camera. I remember watching Chuck a game in the film Waists Deep, and.
Speaker 1: I was like, this is horrible. Chuck, don't talk shit. I'm sicking because Chuck probably so I was like, this is horrible. And then Chuck did Billionaire Boys Club, which ended up becoming Belly Too, and everybody talks so much shit about it.
Speaker 3: M like you know what I mean?
Speaker 2: And and like I've seen some of the movie Snoop and different people and I'm like the worst movie. Yeah, so it's like I don't want to make myself look dumb. Trash did a couple of movies. Trash does good. Like Trash do good Like I.
Speaker 1: Seen Trapp, Like he's cool in the movies than you, But like, what movies you do?
Speaker 3: Dirty Cops in La with My Boy Joey Black, Slink Johnson was in that. Who else ge a couple of people. It's a couple of comedians. Watch Homie Kwan was in there when it come on. Uh, shit about year two because now the series is he now he got a little thing where he's putting the series. Uh, it's on Hulu, Amazon to be And what's the name of the movie Dirty Cops l A.
Speaker 1: What's the other one was in?
Speaker 3: Uh it's a little smaller film. And then where you get to where I know that right there where she's been pumping me up. It's gonna be when they put off the Southern material that I did some stuff for him, some acting for some stuff he put together.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Trash is like a natural. I don't know if it means because he fake or something, but just good at it. Like he's not bad. Like, but I'm like man, I don't know how to be nobody else but me, So I'm looking forward to it, you know, I mean, it's it's different. I started writing a movie for King about this old jail house lawyer. Why old jail house lawyer because he was an old jail house lawyer. Jail house lawyer. God damn, man, I mean, you.
Speaker 6: Got about forty five more extraordinary jail house lawyer gonna be like.
Speaker 1: Because the character is not about being extraordinar there.
Speaker 2: It's about this jail house lawyer who got this big civil case and he's fucking up, you know what I mean, But he ended up winning this really important case like my real life.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I picked these up in jail, So I was thinking.
Speaker 2: So even though the film is a too B movie, like, I still want to do the best I can.
Speaker 3: What's wrong with tob though, it's like to be the lowest place to play a movie for. I told Terrence to you know where because his name is Bounced, but you know, I went to school with him. His real name is Terrence Brown, and we call him Bounce obviously, but I told him to man when he showed use so gez part is. The guy's name is Keith he basically plays the best friend of the guy. It's it's a lot of twists and turns. Main here watching it, it's really really do like it's kind of a suspense almost horror. Actually it's gonna be a full length movie future. Yeah, from the script, would you say about an hour?
Speaker 4: Are you right?
Speaker 1: At sixty minutes?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Between forty so movies that shut down at sixty minutes. Now, I mean you can, you know, especially when you're working on a budget. But what I was gonna just get ready to say is like, I think this film has the potential not toad glasses that I'm like, which is even worse. You know, it has the potential to ripen.
Speaker 2: I mean it could be something more more like Lord knows you have a horrible job and you're on fucking Netflix.
Speaker 1: Everybody see you look like shit. The toob is okay to look like ship. That's true because Toob is like Tob.
Speaker 4: No, because like the what the g league and fucking movies?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess it's short because I guess it's because anyone.
Speaker 2: Good movies on Yeah. No, we're not talking about those films. We're talking about the films that come.
Speaker 5: To be original.
Speaker 3: Yes, to f Oh, so I need to go look at the ones where you're looking at a character and he gets shot, and then when they go back to the character, it's a different person.
Speaker 5: The ones where you think.
Speaker 4: I don't watch.
Speaker 10: Is that it's not like Lifetime used to be. No, think there's better productions. Ye, Lifetime is just like bad acting.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: I like Lifetime films though, because but I'm gonna tell you what I liked about Lifetime.
Speaker 1: They cater to their specific demographic to just do whatever.
Speaker 7: No.
Speaker 2: To Be got his own kind of pocket too, Like I would like to put films on too, Like I think it could be cool.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 2: I'm not one of those people that's down on to Be's. I actually I like to just over the last watch to Be. No, no, not how you watch to you watch to Be? Like tob is Amazon, I'm talking about we talking about moving black just to be like I watched to Be.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, you looking back from nineteen seventy eight movie I never heard of before.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I do.
Speaker 2: Pete were talking about blaxxploitation to Be. We're talking about to Be where it's like crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I said there's.
Speaker 5: Like Hot Boys thirteen.
Speaker 1: You know, there you go?
Speaker 3: He said, what, Pete, Yeah, like the movie Hot Boys thirteen or something. Oh yeah, yeah, I forgot about that cop like that on two passed it though.
Speaker 11: Every action stick as Hell, Somebody from the Hood, every action so hey, but you really hated What was the movie you just said?
Speaker 3: Was it Waist deep? There? She said?
Speaker 2: I did, Hey Waist because Tyresee is an outstanding okay making, but the story, but the story wasn't great a game and Chuck was just not like you could tell he's not an actor. And I'm telling you, I know what it's like to have people in your ears, like, man, it ain't now you're gonna just knock it out.
Speaker 3: What rapper you think knocked it down in a movie? The coldest one? Can I answer this?
Speaker 1: Cheek lell cool J was ob in the first movie?
Speaker 3: It's one. It's one rapper that did the coldest acting ever. It's called something the Lord Made and it was no, it was some movies called something the Lord made and it was most death a k A. I seen bay.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yes, yes, I think the dude that made the dude that started Heart service.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the first heart bro.
Speaker 3: I forgot. I forgot it was was That's how cold he was.
Speaker 2: Most deafit is, most deaf is fired. But like Lell cool j was good in his first movie. Yeah yeah, Ice ta ice t first film is New Jack City, right, yep, I don't know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah that's funny. Well wait no, yes, his well that was his first probably lead role because he had already was a break ls and break you wasn't doing doing nothing but rapping. He was being a rapp It wasn't he in Colors? Also, no, no, just the song.
Speaker 11: I'm he just did the title track.
Speaker 12: Yeah yeah, Ice cuban Boys in the Hood. You thought Ice Cube was good Boys in the Head. Yeah, Cub's a good actor. He just doesn't have a lot of range. That's what they've been talking about late.
Speaker 2: I think range is overrated. I think I know that sounds crazy, but I think range is over range.
Speaker 4: Samuel Jackson got no damn range the same.
Speaker 1: He my favorite active Yeah.
Speaker 3: You know it's now you guys.
Speaker 5: Some of you, like you don't think about how do I become this character? You just think about what would I be if I was an electricians? You know, you know, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Like how you want to say that again, Pete?
Speaker 5: Like, not how can I be Bob the Electrician? But what would it be like if I was a Glasses the electrician?
Speaker 1: Oh, acting behavior, Well, it's just.
Speaker 5: Your perspective, not becoming somebody else, But just how would you be that yourself? A little bit like that's kind of how I feel like Samuel L. Jackson approaches it, like, well, how would I be if I was that guy? Not how do I become this other person that I'm not?
Speaker 3: You know what? That makes sense, Pete, because that's how even though I've only done it like two times or three times, that's how I've attacked it. How would I do the best version of whatever this role is as myself? That makes sense?
Speaker 5: I did my figure is why most people get cast, because somebody has a vision and goes, you know who actually look cool?
Speaker 3: Like that that guy?
Speaker 1: Call him my first. So the name of the film that I'm doing is called The Man You Are.
Speaker 2: And like when I started to read, I started to read the way I would talk like the same idea and shout out to Bounce because Bounce was like he was really cool, but you could tell you like this nigga putting way too much sauce on it, and I'm like, well, if he using the N word and you know what I mean, he asking questions like this is how you would say it? So you know it's it's it's.
Speaker 3: Oh when you did the reading, yeah, got you.
Speaker 2: Like And I was like, damn, so I gotta read with the girl. And I'm just interested, like how is this going to go?
Speaker 6: Like?
Speaker 1: Am I going to make a fool out my dad?
Speaker 3: You're gonna do good. You just have to play the home boy.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 3: And and those lines that you have are dough You'll be able to deliver them. Yeah, you'll be able to deliver them, saying the script is good too. It's not like it's like you'll be able to improvise off of what he has. But pretty much for what what what what? I was able to read, Well, I read the whole script, but from what I read, it's just like really well written too.
Speaker 2: When they did a good job, I think the idea is sound like that's the the scariest party is this ship actually ended up being a really good idea and I make a fool out of myself on the fucking that's a netflix to be because because to get great.
Speaker 3: Look he's okay, you know what I'm saying, trash, but anything above to be this mess b T or something. Are you okay with Amazon?
Speaker 4: You got faith in the script? Are you okay with a.
Speaker 3: Look at this way?
Speaker 5: If you do bad enough, it will never get big because the people will look at the movie this, this guy sucks.
Speaker 1: What the problem is? I'm not a main character.
Speaker 2: So if he nails it with the lead character and then the co star, like that should be big and you'll just be that sore thumb sticking out like what the fuck is he doing?
Speaker 3: All sorts of movies you with the WAYD where you have Tyree's and making good and they're carrying it, and then you have check in there you know who that was?
Speaker 2: That was Tianna Taylor in that movie that came out the other day with Sherry Shephard and and to Harry, I mean, what's your name? HARGI like Toagi p Henson, like, guess Cherry did such a good job with Taragi, and then Tiana is like and Tiana is talented, so but you could just see real fast like she has no business being with Rogie up here with Toagi or even Sherry.
Speaker 1: It's just they're like way too good.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 6: I got a question, what you think about the new movie with Denzel who is a a sap.
Speaker 3: That new movie that's a Spike Lee movie. Cool, it's a Spike Lee movie that I don't know it's coming out.
Speaker 5: I was saying that he almost went out to New York, had to cancel, but to go to do a premiere for the new Denzel and Spike Lee movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's the more asap rocky. I think it's okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I don't know who was in it was.
Speaker 3: Holding his own against Denzel. Really, I'm interested because they it's true. I ain't think the movie yet because it's coming out.
Speaker 4: I've got the movie.
Speaker 3: I enjoyed that. People said she was horrible in and I thought she was actually great in. It was obsession with Beyonce and uh Idris alba Man. I remember when that movie came, people were really saying like she was such a horrible actor something, and I thought she did great in that movie.
Speaker 1: Beyonce wasn't great, she wasn't horrible. She wasn't great, but she wasn't horrible.
Speaker 2: I mean she didn't have the lead role either, so you saw a lot of her, Yeah, you saw a lot of her.
Speaker 3: But I never watched it and thought that it was like, oh, man, like this is terrible acting. Like I thought her acting was good.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think she's sitting next to Yeah, yeah, she's sitting next to Idris album. And then whoever that white psycho lady was, she was really good.
Speaker 4: You won't no more.
Speaker 2: You know of y'all talking like sorry talking, I'm like the night cut off. You're just talking over a nigga.
Speaker 4: King.
Speaker 1: This ain't King first time, so the podcast a kid, I'm trying.
Speaker 3: To to your guests, the new guests, but.
Speaker 1: Don't you have to kind.
Speaker 3: Of no, you got we got a dial in when they're talking.
Speaker 1: The problem that.
Speaker 5: King transitioned from the engineer to the talent exactly.
Speaker 3: He won't let me be the engineer no more because you's got too much talent. Yeah I have to be the engineer.
Speaker 4: Said no, man, you don't know how to do this no more.
Speaker 1: What she was way better than talent because your engineers sucked.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll finish with you. You said that she was, You said that she was next to Idris, So it helped her to because.
Speaker 2: And then whoever that Psycho White Lady was, and she was pretty cool. But likes is such a great actor, like he could carry you. Beyonce wasn't horrible, Like I liked her better in the movie with the with Michael Myers.
Speaker 3: Huh that power she came out.
Speaker 7: No, no, no, no no.
Speaker 3: I thought she was way more unpolished in that movie than in the Obsession.
Speaker 1: But it worked for her because it's not to be tooken serious.
Speaker 4: I like the world when they were singing.
Speaker 1: Oh, she was fired with that choir movie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, yeah, yeah, the records callak records.
Speaker 1: She was really good. Yeah, but that's because she's singing.
Speaker 2: So like if I was wrapped it in this movie, it'd be different. Yeah, that's one thing I promised I was gonna bring back. I'm like, man, all the movies we're doing over the next four movies, I'm rapping in every movie and everybody think I'm crazy. But I was looking at that John Wayne film, Uh real, bravo. So when I was writing Cold Blue, I was like, man, we need to make a place where we rap. Like I forgot re member. It used to just be in a movie and they just break into songs. Not like a music would be a.
Speaker 1: Regular movie a group of people they just start singing.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, but this is like in the fifties, like Rio Bravo. Like they were sitting in the jail cell and Nigga just put out start.
Speaker 3: Saying that got you.
Speaker 2: They sang two songs, ain't the one song. So I was like me and the giants from to be in a movie and we all in jail. I'm like, we need to bust out of rap that Nigga needs to be beating on the table and were just rapping.
Speaker 3: Like that ship used to be cool, you.
Speaker 4: Know, to bring that back. That actually is a good idea.
Speaker 3: You know, you know who you just all you have to do. I'm trying to think, like like give your best example. You remember the conversation Cube had with with Cuba Goodding Jr. At the end of Boys in the Hood that you have to be you have to be do boy in that scene where he was just having a heart to heart with his homeboy, that's all you have to do in the movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but that wasn't his homeboy and he wasn't having a heart to heart.
Speaker 3: What you mean that was his homeboy? I mean it was his brother's Homeboy, but it was his Homeboy too.
Speaker 1: No, it's a movie, so he's acting.
Speaker 5: You have to comest Homeboy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know what I'm saying. I'm talking about the storyline acting in a movie.
Speaker 2: I'm saying you said, all you have to do is be good at acting like that.
Speaker 1: Even that little thing with was cool. I remember first seeing.
Speaker 2: That being young and they don't know, I don't show I don't care about what's happening in the hood.
Speaker 1: Like that was a cool little thing that I don't know if I could do that.
Speaker 3: You know what's just.
Speaker 4: Here?
Speaker 3: Here's the thing too, I think Gee's not taking an account. I think you know how when you know how when I do music and as I've gotten better as a rapper. But how long it took for you to pull that out of me? Boss? Right? I think Terrence Bounce is going to be able to pull that out of you once you're there acting, because I'm pretty sure, even though you might have had something, it took John Singleton, John Singleton, So what so maybe Bounces the next John Singleton, he's directed, He's rest in peace.
Speaker 1: I don't think Bounces directed.
Speaker 2: I mean he wrote the script, writing the screenplay, and directing two different things.
Speaker 3: Well, he's going to be part of it. I know that because he shot the movie. Did you end up watching the movie product?
Speaker 2: I watched the first part finish it. That's like a two B movie. Yeah, I liked it too.
Speaker 1: He has this product you know, it's product of you gotta say, Santa Monica. It's a couple.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, okay, link I sent it to you.
Speaker 2: But it's like I was just thinking, like like because like I played, like when we do these film, these next four or five films, like using the same cast, right, so having peaked somehow and having king and it's something havn't trash in his right and it's like you just keep making it. But it's just such an intimidating task to just walk somewhere into a whole other craft. And I don't know how other people had that arrogance, Like that's shit serious what you do music.
Speaker 3: About foss and that's some type of acting.
Speaker 5: Yes, and no, that's what I was gonna say, Like there's a reason why actors struggle transitioning into comedy and comedic roles, but comedians have a much easier time transitioning into acting. But you just have to understand. Like, also, the way you wrap is different than the way you just talk, so you assume an understanding of how to deliver a line for that. You just have to apply that same innate knowledge on how to deliver a line with a purpose to doing it in that regard, because the skill set's already demonstrated.
Speaker 3: He know what your ma mistake? You know what my ma mistay? Yeah, I mean a piece. Sound like a fucking acting coach, and she.
Speaker 1: Probably could help somebody.
Speaker 3: He sound like an acting get it coach.
Speaker 5: Did do a pilot once some Malcolms in Atlanta once. That was hard, man. I'd never acted before, and they gave me an accent piece.
Speaker 3: What was the accent pete?
Speaker 5: I was supposed to be playing some like backwoods hillbilly like assistant manager of a strip club in Atlanta. So yeah, turn it on there, and yeah, you know what I was doing before each line, I was listening to Bill Engvall's stand up comedian There's a stand up comedy special, so I can try to pick up the Bill engvall accent, like here's your sign and then start talking trass.
Speaker 2: Trans got a good a good Korean or a good Japanese, I got a.
Speaker 3: Good everything you do, you can be a good Korean. Hey, mother buckle, when I'm talking to you, you look at my Dutch.
Speaker 4: When I'm talking to.
Speaker 1: You, you gotta do your judo Bracy give me to all my listeners. Isactly Japanese do not take a listen.
Speaker 3: And this he thinks is being prejudiced and race. I tell him, if you now, I'm not talking about Koreans or Japanese Chinese people that were born here. None of the kids that speak really good English. But if you catch people that come from over there before they started a sentence and they're talking to you, if they don't know English, they'd be like, oh you you you know you talk to to my son, Oh you want to buy? Oh you want to be in there.
Speaker 5: That's how I would I would have the interacted with.
Speaker 3: And I went to school with a couple of Homans that were still not even like their parents had just moved here. So that's how I kind of picked that up. But I promise you if you if you pay attention, Jesus thinks I'll be a racist. I said, no, bro, if you pay attention, they really.
Speaker 4: I'll give you wants.
Speaker 3: No specially special price for you, special price for you.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: We love man, that's do you do your many?
Speaker 3: I want to I wanted to do to do say you know, I came here today and you know I don't feel I feel good and I just wanted to fight. And I do this with the Philippin people. You know, many will always fight and you know, thank you to all the pending people. People people, what chans chance.
Speaker 4: He stays?
Speaker 5: Do you know whoever?
Speaker 4: Watch interview?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Man, you know who nails him? And that's really cold at the impersonations A f on Crockett. Oh man, he's so cold.
Speaker 4: You heard that he always doing drink you heard? Yeah, definitely he does Chris rock too, really good.
Speaker 3: He doesn't have.
Speaker 2: Man, So yeah, I ain't gonna lie. It's very it's very intimidating. And this is in two weeks.
Speaker 1: In two weeks, I almost told him no, but it's trash, homeboy.
Speaker 2: And honestly, he told me a story from back in the day where he bought some product that I used to sell at a different time in my life, and what god to He bought a serum stick from me, and it reminded me that he was with one of my homeboys and to watch somebody change their life, like I changed my life from being a person selling Sharman. He changed his life from being somebody that used to party with it, and like here we are now it's like, you know what I mean. This is twenty five years later, you know what I mean. Now he's making a film and I'm like a hip hop artist that you know could take care of himself from music, and it's like, yo, could you do my film? I almost felt like when he told me he bought a stick from me, it almost made me feel like I need to do something for you, you know what I mean, Because at that time I was on some whole other ship and there you go, you know what I mean, and put myself into because it's like again John Singleton, I wouldn't do it for John.
Speaker 1: I didn't do it for Aaron.
Speaker 3: Like he said the stick and he was like okay, but it wasn't like look on that ship, it was just.
Speaker 2: Nobody hooked on. Nobody's hooked on. It's not that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: It's a gang member. It's a gang member.
Speaker 2: Go kill everybody off of this type of thing, like.
Speaker 3: A real low for sure. His section because I went to school with him in Santa Monica.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, people, what you say, No.
Speaker 5: I don't want to get into the don't We've already done that episode which what we're gonna stay on.
Speaker 3: Track episode Pete episode of what.
Speaker 5: Glasses got out of the out of the Industry.
Speaker 4: Oh oh oh gotcha?
Speaker 3: Gotcha? Yeah, so famous trapper.
Speaker 1: So that's not what happened. So what happened? So that made me feel like y'all needed to do this, like this.
Speaker 2: Was the right thing to do for somebody, because I could agree I was doing the wrong thing. I mean, yeah, it's growth too though, to come back to grow, it's a good feeling.
Speaker 1: And it was like he's like, man, I really want you to do it. And it was like, damn for real life.
Speaker 2: You can go get somebody that really is into this shit, Like you know what I mean, I ain't into that shit, but you know, it was like that, and he was trash man.
Speaker 1: He was tony man.
Speaker 3: Ask your question.
Speaker 6: Sure, I know, just lately, though, you are expanding on things that you haven't done before, you try and now, why.
Speaker 1: Is that I'm not really expanding or trying nothing?
Speaker 2: I think I think, Okay, just take that back let's back it up so as I start to understand that, like people just come to you with bad ideas. On top of bad idea, you know, everybody do anything. You could tell some niggas said a dig and he'd be sucking a dick because no, no, no, paulse I'm it that way I'm saying, because people listen to other people and they let him push him into anything.
Speaker 1: You just can't push me in anything.
Speaker 2: If you don't have you know, if you don't know what they are you're talking about, or if it don't make sense, I don't care.
Speaker 1: I'm just not gonna do it.
Speaker 2: So when people will push me, like let's say we're talking about marketing, like I watched people lie about how much money they made, and that became how they market themselves.
Speaker 1: They drove around a rented card like and maybe.
Speaker 2: Like everybody got to think you got it, or like the favorite expression in the business is you gotta fake it till you make it.
Speaker 1: I ain't faking nothing, that.
Speaker 3: Little kid they tell you that. I remember a few years back, just to piggyback on that, I forgot who was the pr that he was working with or marketing and they were trying to get into where chains and shit, ge and Gee, I remember he put it on and you could tell he just was not comfortable with that shit. And it looked it didn't look bad, just you could tell us, not him, you know what I mean. He's got that clean it's still clean look. But it's like like cue, you know what I mean? QBA never really seen him with chains like that, or if they do, they might break out a little small one for a special occasion, you know what I mean. But I remember they were trying to get you to do that. I remember that, Ge. They was trying to get you to wear some tight jeans and shit like what.
Speaker 2: And the problem is, Wow, people don't customize an idea like Mac. Shout out to Mac ten, Mac ten ideas for me to get the ben My idea before that was gonna get a RAG fifty seven. This is when lswats was really the new thing. I was gonna swap over LS puts some twenty twos. It still felt like a superstar car. But Mac convinced me to get the Bentley, and I listened, and don't get me wrong, the Bentley was fantastic. And as somebody like me, that's Hella hood like I'm going to Wats, I'm parking on people front line and compting like you know, it's the you know, like a ben each ye like your car it's a cutlass me because it's only a car. So it was everything until you cross Peico and rap on, you know, when you cross Peico just turned to a regular car. Okay where we're from, Like now, from in Inglewood, it's like, yeah, that's glasses, that navy blue Bentley. Oh, that's glasses coming down figging at Billy or coming down Hoover, like I'm the only thing slack sagging at Hoover or Normandy or Chris Shaw, like I'm the only thing doing that because you gotta be different to do that. But this is what I've been doing my whole life. But it got to a place to where like as soon as you cross Pico, Like if I'm going up Lebrea and I cross Pico, that shit just a blue car. You go to Beverly Hills, that shit just a car. Ain't nobody looking, don't nobody give a fuck. That's a g Wagon too. I left here convinced me to get the g Wagon and Beverly Hills the g wagon is a soccer mon corps. And so I listened to them, and they were right, if we was only marketing to other poor people. Yeah, but when when you cross Pico, it was different. But when I had my rider, my low rider, if I would cross Peico, same thing I'm gonna get coming down the bread thumbs up and all the people like, damn, look at that.
Speaker 3: You cross Peico.
Speaker 1: Like you go to the Stinker.
Speaker 2: Rolls and a low rider man, that valet man be looking and everybody that's coming there at the Stinker.
Speaker 1: Rolls looking at you like, oh, look at this thing.
Speaker 2: So to me, that's where to me, I was right, Like, you don't need to project success in this very mainstream traditional sense. It's better to project it in like this cultural, the street urban cultural sense. Like success like a like a RAG fifty seven on twenty two inch wheels that's sitting nice, that got good interior, that got ls and it felt like a brand new car.
Speaker 3: That car.
Speaker 2: You go to Beverly Hills, you go to a bell Air, you go to any of these places, all of those white folks about to.
Speaker 3: Look and just hey, hey, just gonna say the old white guy, come talk to him. Yes, that's a nice it's a nice ride. You got there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Hey what you got in there? So Nlet's said, oh is that that street? Oh yeah, that's one of those in Michael Merrill.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: And I believe and I believe in us bro, that's the thing, King. I believe in us. So I didn't really change. I just start being able to rationalize some of this old crazy shit people have been telling me. So like a film, for example, it really came to my heart because we were about to shoot a film, right, and it was like, okay, maybe when trash hit me, it was like, oh this this is Tony Ladio hit me about doing this movie. This trash hit me, so let me see alcatrash is hitting me about a film. And then he's like, man, you know this dude. And then I talked to the dude and I kind of remembered him. I'm like, damn, he used to fuck with the homie, you know what I mean. And it just locked in. So it became like, okay, cool, and God worked it to where it wasn't a bunch of rigorous acting and you know, it's not a ton of stuff.
Speaker 6: But going back to you know this here, but before that even said you know what, King, let's go do something in Memphis because of the situation opened up and before you might not that. Well you're like, you know what that situation of, but fuck it, let's go take advantage of it and utilize it. As before you might not win over across the country to do a project like that, well.
Speaker 1: I mean I have should I one shot east Side in New York.
Speaker 4: That was a video though.
Speaker 2: I mean, but either way, this is my first film, the one we shooting in Memphis. It's all the first, but it's not because of that is because to me, like God prepares the way for me to walk. Like when God don't prepare away for me to walk, I ain't finna go. I mean, so like when the idea presents itself, it's like, okay, maybe this might be time because I've been focused on hip hop and I mean in music.
Speaker 6: So it's like that's why I said expanding out to other things now besides just.
Speaker 2: Well it's also a different time now you kind of need other things, okay, Like now you can't like it's hard to market one song, you know what I mean? Because how we consume is everything we see very rarely what we hear.
Speaker 1: I think we talked about this. My dad made a good point to me. And when he was younger. My dad was born in forty seven. When he was around ten, they was the only.
Speaker 2: People that had a TV in the neighborhood, like his house, the only TV that had a house or that he's from the low bottoms. His house is the only house had a TV. People used to come watch TV at this house. Everybody had radios. They the only ones had TVs. So remember they used to watch the biggest They used to be entertained by the biggest boxing matches through the radio, the basketball games through the radio, football games through the radio, you know what I mean. So everything was perfecting the things that people heard versus today.
Speaker 3: Don't nobody got a radio.
Speaker 2: Everybody got a TV in they hand, it's in their pocket or in their hand. They cell phone. Don't nobody got no goddamn radio. People don't know what sound or what it is supposed to sound like. They looking at it and they like this sound good based off what they looking at. So you can't ignore the fact too, that the game has changed at this point to where it went from ninety percent of the things you heard and ten percent of the things you saw to ninety percent of the things you see and ten percent of the things that you hear.
Speaker 3: So do music videos really have to fit the videos of it? The music itself really have to fit the video part of it. I think music videos is dead or you.
Speaker 6: Think they're dead, like so you think they have to go back to now telling stories again with music.
Speaker 2: I mean before music videos, right, MTV kind of made the music video what it is. MTV was a platform that promoted that form of content. That was the first place and people will go watch that form of content, so it made sense to make that form of content just for MTV. Obviously you get bt VH one, the Box, you know music Music Box in New York. All this stuffhout out to Ralph, all this old stuff built off of them promoting this style of content. This kind of when you sync the audio with the actual you know, visual that you shooting. Before that, how was they breaking records? They was breaking records off of films. They broke car Wash, you know the group of car Wash. They broke Orth Winning Fire off another film. They broke Curtis Mayfield off of Sparkle. So before that, you if you did want people to hear about something. You know, if you wanted them to see music, you would have to put it on the big screen, so you can't avoid it now, Like now you're in the same position where YouTube is not marketing videos. They don't give two fucks about no video. They don't care. That is not their business model. They are marketing eight nine minutes. That's where he at. They was marketing shorts. Same for Instagram.
Speaker 4: They don't.
Speaker 2: People don't that's not what they selling. That's not what that corporation is selling. And if you want a corporation to empower you, you need to kind of be a part of what they're selling. Imagine going to McDonald's with a hot dog instead of winners miistle because.
Speaker 3: You like McDonald's is way big.
Speaker 2: You know, if they pick up my hot nigga, they don't sell hot dogs, I'm gonna fuck how great your recipe is. Like, Yeah, it could be one person that get lucky and get it in there, but you might be better off going to a hot dog on a stick or winnersniss So you know, round pigs and round holes.
Speaker 1: That's where I'm at now.
Speaker 2: So when you ask me that, it's like Now it's like, that's why God is opening up certain doors for me to do certain things that I've been wanting to do but didn't fit when I was trying when I thought about doing them initially, just as one of those things, somebody coming to me with a location saying, hey, you can shoot here for free. I just want to do business with you. I love what you do creatively. We could take a percentage, we can make it work. But here, here's the whole place. That's God, because they ain't no white people giving a nigga nothing unless it's peak.
Speaker 5: I was just gonna say, I'm about I might make an offer on a spot in Memphis that I would have to stay there through the winter as part of the financing thing. So if you need a second location, you could be able to shoot there.
Speaker 2: See, God is the only one that make white people give black people anything.
Speaker 9: I can tell Pete Sirious, Peter Sirius, he ain't got that Ben Steeler, he got that hell of dry comedy because you don't know, I know what Pete Sirius is not, but.
Speaker 1: Man, yes he's not playing.
Speaker 2: That's so yeah, It's like to me, it's like I really trust God in a lot of the missions, you know, I mean, I don't try to just force my own way. So even doing this film, you know what I mean, it's more or less what God wants me to do versus what I think I should be doing. Because when everything happened with John Singleton, it was like, nigga, this is John Singleton and I'm like, you know what the hell I'm gonna do for John? And when Aaron Macgouter, you know, he wrote a character specifically for me in Black Jesus, and I'm like, man, I don't know how to do this. I remember going up there and just leaving. That's crazy, you know what I mean, Like, I don't know why did you.
Speaker 3: Not feel like take that chance? After you've seen what he's done with so many other rapper actors. I don't know what they do with rapper actor.
Speaker 2: I don't study that, that's not I barely study hip hop.
Speaker 4: At that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, now it was different though.
Speaker 2: Now it was different. So what I'm saying, when God puts some on my heart out do it like right, Like this is one of those things. Now Now now here comes the the heightened sense of like, okay, you could really make a fool out of yourself, like I had a natural sense of talent and rhythm, and acting is serious.
Speaker 1: Acting is harder than rapping.
Speaker 3: So you never worry about rapping when you get on stage.
Speaker 2: Sure, there's always that little brief five second til the mic is in my hand and then the men gets started and after that first shit come on and it's on.
Speaker 6: That's what I'm saying. Like he's saying, like, you know you already accustomed to you know, turn it and on when you have to.
Speaker 1: You know, really God turned it on for me.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: I ain't gonna lie to you because I don't be knowing house coming on. We were just an oux or Mohammed was opening up his charity barber college. Like not charity, forgive me, that's the wrong turn. He has a city, a barber like an esthetician esteitisian esthetician school like a skin school, a barber school, and a beauty s alone school. He's like, man, come perform here for me. Man, Like we about to open it up. We're doing this toss where you toss these bean bags into corn hall cornhall.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you talkt these bean bags and this thing. I was like, we're doing that.
Speaker 2: We want you to come rap and I'm like cool, So I go to rap, Like when I be there, I'll be like, man, how am I get up here? But then when a mic come on, God just turn it on and it'd be like it's on. So like if God don't turn things on for me, it just ain't coming on.
Speaker 3: Do you ever feel out of all the stages you touched, like you know, a boxer can have an off night? You ever had an off night as MC and.
Speaker 4: You want to static? Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, never, No, that's that's a blessing.
Speaker 2: No, because I don't quite I'm really sober, you know what I mean. So it's hard for me to kind of like there'll be times where I might have sawn right, like this weekend, I might have forgot one line of one song, not even a whole lot, like two words. Really yeah, but I wouldn't consider it off night. It's like I usually recover. Plus I'm just good at it, like I'm actually I'm a not like naturally, like I'm a pro. Like I've been doing it long enough now to where like I'll make girls blush and just work the move, you know, I work the room.
Speaker 6: That's why I realized, like in you're rapping when I seen like this dude is really a you know, like a really an artist or showmanship or something, because I seen them have big crowds, you know, work the crapp But when I seen him have like a little birthday crowd and work that crowd, he got off the stage and got it to the stands and say, you know, I'm gonna support you local rappers. That's what I said, Like this nigga's different.
Speaker 1: Well as the you know, if you're a man of the people, you just a man of the people.
Speaker 6: What I'm saying though, that showed me like this dude is different, Like he's not worried about you know, he wasn't worried about nothing, not missing no beat, The crowd wasn't big. He did something else. He went into the crowd, made the crowd him. You know what I'm saying, Like, man, this dude made him the crowd. And I was looking at that like this nigga slick well, you know, like he had to make the crowd him. You know, they don't have to look at the stage no more.
Speaker 3: The crowd.
Speaker 6: But that's why I said, this dude is a professional, like he's he's really a genius.
Speaker 1: Well, I believe. I believe in hip hop.
Speaker 2: First off, I believe in the power of a movement of people, like how we come together and we do our thing. So I assert that belief whenever I'm like with people, I really believe it. And it's so some people it's scary. Some people will be like, man, Glass, you can't just and I'm like, yes, I can.
Speaker 3: You know what I'm saying. You just did.
Speaker 6: It wasn't about being scared. It was just natural, like it just went down and said, wait a minute, the same So it wasn't like you were scared nervous, you know.
Speaker 5: But the only time that again, think about him like the same as a preacher. That's like a true believer preacher. He could he could deliver the word at a megachurch or pray over family dinner.
Speaker 3: That's not like, yeah, it was that way I seen it.
Speaker 7: I was.
Speaker 3: That's why I was like, this dude is really a professional.
Speaker 2: So yeah, but now, so to go in to another realm or something being completely unprepared.
Speaker 3: You did video, so I'm not gonna say completely unprepared.
Speaker 1: That's like somebody doing skits.
Speaker 3: Okay, you start skits, then you go to movies.
Speaker 1: That's a big jump.
Speaker 2: Like I'll be watching some of these dudes who'll be fired with you don't watch some of these dudes jeans that be having these skits and then they try to go do a stand up and that shit be horrible.
Speaker 3: Okay, you's going to be a stand up. It's way different than the artist.
Speaker 11: Yeah, that's a huge that's easy.
Speaker 3: Yea.
Speaker 1: But even when you see a skit. Yeah, but even when you see a skit and then these people go to films, it be bad.
Speaker 3: Not as bad as going to stay.
Speaker 1: Oh I seen here, Pete listen.
Speaker 2: I saw, I saw Desi. Desi is one of the funniest people in the world. To me, what's dei last name? Desi funny. Desi's this kid from Georgia, funniest hell from Atlanta. And then I saw him Jessie Banks and I saw him like, oh yeah, his partner or that nigga funny nigga never seen partlay, But like I saw him in the movie and I'm like, this don't hit the same way. Like he used to be a dude that was hella popping on vine and he be doing movies.
Speaker 1: And I'm like it ain't the same.
Speaker 2: Because they're doing a different type of what they used to do on the skits. No, it's just it just takes a different I think it's different.
Speaker 5: It's different when when you're on the when you're doing a vine skit, that's you doing your vision. You're vertically integrated on the creativity. When you're doing a comic, you're doing somebody else's vision. So that could get in somebody's way.
Speaker 3: I could see that. Okay, I'll give you an example. You guys ever seen Mister Deeds?
Speaker 4: Yeah, of course, right.
Speaker 3: John McEnroe came out in that.
Speaker 10: It was not I love John McEnroe came He came out the tennis guy.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and he was like, hey, how you doing. Where are you going? Oh yeah, I'm gonna go over there. And that's how it was coming off, like to me. Sometimes like his shue is.
Speaker 2: John McEnroe was angry in mister D's No always was No, he said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you like it.
Speaker 1: Johnny Mack.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when they when he was with the known the writer and they first met him. Okay, so he played this angry secon No.
Speaker 1: No, no, that's not Johnny Mack. That's who was the other. No, that is Johnny mack. He was like, you know how it is to get mad John.
Speaker 3: McEnroe gets mad. Yeah, but that was later I'm talking about with the initials when they meet him in the hotel. That acting was so bad because he just didn't know how. He couldn't trans Yeah.
Speaker 5: And he commentedts too, So he's not used. He's very used to talking.
Speaker 3: But this was back then. This is back They talk him, say play your anger.
Speaker 5: When was mister des He's been commentating for thirty years, like two thousand, like thirty years ago.
Speaker 3: You know who's funny as a comedian and he never transitioned well to film? Was Aaron Aaron Spears, Eric Spears sorry, Very Spears.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh no, he's not good.
Speaker 3: He's funny to me. I never saw him.
Speaker 4: Saw he wasn't funny.
Speaker 6: The black dude with the glass star for the name start for r oh real Reel's not funny either when he goes to.
Speaker 4: Movies.
Speaker 7: Yeah, is good at that he did good from going from stand up to it's funny?
Speaker 1: Is Mike is a better actor than the stand up I think the same thing about Kevin Hart. You think Kevin had a better actor than the stand up comedian?
Speaker 5: Yes, and and that's a compliment to his acting as much as it is an insult to his stand up.
Speaker 3: No, no, I guess that's why guys like Eddie Murphy where the goats, because it's his raw, hilarious use.
Speaker 1: But that's what makes it unique. People don't do.
Speaker 2: It's very few Martin Lawrence's Eddie Murphy, actually, big Mark Lawrence.
Speaker 5: The best is probably Robin Williams twice.
Speaker 3: He's really that good until it was You're so crazy?
Speaker 4: Was fire so crazy?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 4: That shit was amazing.
Speaker 3: Fire And that was his like that was his raw slash delirious moment because it was shot like, ain't wrong.
Speaker 2: It's different like prime example, Like I'm not a big Dave Chappelle fan in films.
Speaker 1: He's not bad though, especially when you're playing.
Speaker 9: Somebody fun Dave Chappelle fan period Dave Dave even a.
Speaker 1: Stand up might be one of the one I ever saw.
Speaker 3: Would you compare him to rich Richard? Yeah, sir man, I'm not saying is he my goal? He's my goal, I get it. I'm not saying is he better or but Richard.
Speaker 1: What's funny is I didn't see a lot of Richard Pryor stand ups.
Speaker 3: You never gone back to watching he was cold. The reason why I compare when I've gone back to watch Richard prior because he had that same like Dave when he does comedy. They're just up there talking and then he kind of into these bits off of just natural things that they've gone through, and Richard the same exact way.
Speaker 1: Did you think so.
Speaker 7: Richard, Yeah, he was the first one doing the characters. You know what I'm saying, fathers boys.
Speaker 3: I don't think.
Speaker 1: From from the little bit I saw on Richard, Richard seem a little bit more serious than animod No.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, it's like he always had like like the chef I've seen on Richard Pryor. Because I haven't seen a lot of his stand up, I say different clips, but he would be talking about some real ship.
Speaker 3: Eddie is a fucking fool.
Speaker 5: It's very Richard.
Speaker 1: Eddie don't talk about delivery real.
Speaker 3: If you look at it, if you look at don't let me wrong.
Speaker 4: I don't give me.
Speaker 3: Let me don't get that.
Speaker 4: Look at Eddie.
Speaker 3: You'll see that Eddie took his thing from Richard. You look at you'll see that tike it or was influenced by influence Okay.
Speaker 1: I like Bernie Mack as a stand up and as an actor.
Speaker 4: I like Bernie was hard, Bernie Mack was fun.
Speaker 1: Hell, he's just underrated talent.
Speaker 3: I can ever think of Robin Harris.
Speaker 4: Robin Harris amazing.
Speaker 1: He didn't really get the break out in the film.
Speaker 4: I think he died thirty six, so he did really recent he was on his way.
Speaker 3: I like his voice, so like him. And then that's Pops.
Speaker 1: I liked him as pop so talk and the stand up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like so what I'm saying, But all of these things are different skills, and because some of the skills translate to other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't mean you're gonna be good at it.
Speaker 4: Fact, I have to take it serious enough to study it, the craft of it.
Speaker 3: I think when you say people have arrogance, I think that they have a dream of doing something, and that's why they'll even attempt it. And that's that's sometimes that having that dream of wanting to be something will make you within whatever you're doing, take it serious. And that's what you watch people do sometimes like they want to be even let's just say, if you just want to be famous, like some people don't want to be famous somebody. There's someone out there that wants to be famous, and anything you put in front of them, whether it's music, whether it's being an athlete, whether it's well, They're gonna give it their best. It's what I'm saying. Couldn't that just be the character of who a person is.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, I just want to be great at something, like I don't want to just be great at anything, Like if I'm going to do it, I want to be good at it. So I don't like like drag racing that was probably my first love, Like I just wanted to be fast. I wanted the cars that I was working with to be faster than other cars.
Speaker 1: I get into it. Same thing with with D Boy and I being a Game member.
Speaker 2: I just wanted to be a popular, respective member of Seventh Street, as a hustler, like somebody who didn't teach you. Then when I started doing hip hop, like I wanted to. I wanted to, Like at first, I just wanted to change my life. When I got into it. Even now, it was like preserving something. So to start to act if I plan to take it serious, like as I have to get into it more. And it's like you only got so much of yourself, you'll be just fucking somewhere else with all this shit.
Speaker 3: I think you can do it. You got you can't overthink it though, Well it's yeah, you're right about overthinking about I think you could do it too, because you didn't like you don't put me.
Speaker 6: In situations that I've never done some of the stuff that you put me in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have a dire tune to be famous.
Speaker 6: No, I have a dire team to do whatever you need me to do. So all allows me to step up and take care of what I need to do. But even before I about being famed, but even before I met you, don't want to be real.
Speaker 3: And being famous.
Speaker 6: Route being famous, let's get that correct. But I'll do whatever you want me to do. So like shooting, you know, a video with you, I've never done none of that in my life. But because I know you need.
Speaker 2: Me, I'm not I'm not talking about why you step up, but I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying though from somewhere I don't know what to do, and I still stepped up and try to do it. Just like you said, you're writing a movie for me. Goddamn, well, I'm not a You're gonna write a movie for me. So now I'm gonna have to learn how to be an actor.
Speaker 3: I gotta step up.
Speaker 1: I think you have a desire to do it.
Speaker 3: I could have desired to help you with anything you want to do. I was just gonna say that. That's what doesn't say, you know, I think King I share that with him. Maybe Gene also shares that with us. Where when you're just a friend with somebody, if you're gonna do something, you're gonna do the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm not saying you're gonna do it, but but King is whether King admits it or not. King wants to be in the light.
Speaker 3: I want to be the weak King. I want to own, you know, we things and stuff.
Speaker 1: I'm okay, I don't want to say this is the King.
Speaker 3: TV behind the scenes.
Speaker 5: I said, this is the same King who used to rock ahead to toe cannabis.
Speaker 3: Suit still does I can't. I ain't got no wei right now to sail, so I can't advertise. But you still got the suit.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I still got all that you could up behind the scenes wholesale guy that nobody knew.
Speaker 1: But you can't everything. Still the Niggas was of weed. He was the weed preacher, and then he became the we attorney Attorney.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, we named the president glasses. You appreciate this. That's the new movie doing commercials with King that are like the old cal Worthington Ford commercials where he comes out on an elephant.
Speaker 4: Org.
Speaker 12: Yeah, all kind of.
Speaker 3: Listen to Washington. Though he had a cow worth up in Washington.
Speaker 8: I can't yes playing there day okay, because he had one right and fetch away and ship.
Speaker 4: And he will fly.
Speaker 3: He would be one of the ones flying into aubur and this ship. I gotta asked Dora about this one. King is King?
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just you just made for the spotlight.
Speaker 3: I see you got it on me.
Speaker 4: Mmm, there you go.
Speaker 3: Please don't laugh. Don't do that, Pete. You never get cuts the funk out here. Pretty soon you know.
Speaker 2: They're looking out for tuning into the note Seller's podcast. Please do us a favorite, subscribe, rate, comment, and share. This episode was recorded right here on the West coast of the U.
Speaker 3: S A.
Speaker 2: And produced about the Black Effect Podcast Network and now Hard Radio.
Speaker 4: Yeah