Speaker 1: Chips and yours Kuala Bears are racist.
Speaker 2: The host layer host the money stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't tell me.
Speaker 1: Speaking of of curly haired bitches. Oh yeah, David Borie, I'm Langston Germy. It was the fears we are we We should start by saying that we'd be this episode we've dedicated to a topic that has been a huge maybe one of our biggest responses from our audience, as far as them being both like determined and outraged at at what we said. Is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I didn't think that this was going to strike such a chord with the little the community to be there. I didn't think this was like a big deal. But people felt strong a lot of ways about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, people had very big feelings about it, and maybe rightfully so. Maybe you and I were a little bit ignorant on this subject. But we talked a few weeks ago about the s Curls and the missing models for the s curl boxes, why we never see these men from the s curl Boxes out in the real world. And then we got tons and tons of emails and dms and weird carrier pigeon messages from you, all claiming that you knew personally the individuals from the s curl boxes, or you had relationships and evidence that these people were not actually artificial intelligence but were real human beings with real sque.
Speaker 3: Curls, which I mean hashtag bring back our boys. You guys did it?
Speaker 1: You found us, You found you found our boys.
Speaker 3: I will say, of all the of all the contact we got no direct did you notice that nobody was like I was on the s curl box. I live in bedstide, I raised pigeons on the roof, like nobody needs that.
Speaker 1: It's me Norman from Jacksonville and I I am the brother on the box.
Speaker 3: No, it was it was a lot of like. It was all like, oh, I know that she DJ in a Virginia on radio and Roanoke.
Speaker 1: Do you know her? Or you being told that's who she is and that invalidates it somehow. But that's fine. We understand that you feel very passionate, So we don't want to make you feel small simply because you you're you're lying about the Carol people.
Speaker 3: No, we still love you. Everybody knows somebody who knows somebody knows somebody, and I don't regret you for reaching out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, No, we're grateful for you reaching out, even if you are lying, and we respect that sometimes you just need a reason and to reach out.
Speaker 3: You know, you just want to he heard you want to talk to somebody. I get it.
Speaker 1: You're trying to chat. We're down to chat with you.
Speaker 3: We like to chat.
Speaker 1: We have. Olivia was very kind to sort of consolidate a bunch of emails that we got in I want to be clear that you and I both got a bunch of direct messages that went unanswered that we won't be able to answer.
Speaker 3: Uh, couldn't even go back.
Speaker 1: Laziness and inability to navigate our dms and in boxes.
Speaker 3: Also we you know, I don't have to answer that. You should be blessed if I answered you, because it stresses me out. I don't like answering you guys, because then now you have connection to me, and it's just like texting with the stranger.
Speaker 1: It's it's not my unwillingness to answer you once. It's my unwillingness to answer you every time that you contact me. And we have a fair amount of people who and I think what I'm speaking for both of us, who will send us a DM sometimes on a daily multiple times today I get from some people, just random ass videos that I don't give a fuck about and did not want, have nothing to do with our podcast or the subject matter at hand. It's a shit you like that. You've added me to the list of people to see and I don't care for that one bit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and some people are good at it. Most people aren't. I don't do that with my own brother. He sends me shit. I just said it spent a smiley face because we're blood. I'm not going to do that. I'm not going to do that for you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we came out the same vagina. I'll show them a little respect. But otherwise when we were see section babies, was watching mouth Oh sorry, well listen.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I hope you get a chance to come out of one some day, because it really is. It's life changing.
Speaker 3: I'd say, really, were you? Oh you were natural birth? Do you think you're better than me?
Speaker 1: I'm natural birth for sure.
Speaker 3: You seem like a nigga. You seem like you could have been born at home. Is that were that? Were?
Speaker 1: I don't know why, but that's one of the meanest things you've ever said to me. I have no clue. I can't even begin to piece together why it's so vile. But but you just you just said a vile, vile thing to me.
Speaker 3: No, because I didn't mean it as a bad I understand it came out.
Speaker 1: There's no way that comes out as a that's a compliment. There's no way you are like, man, he's so cool. I mean he was birthed at home. No, you meant to hurt me, and you did.
Speaker 3: I did not.
Speaker 1: Let's put it on record. I'm gonna think about it all night. I may never land on why it stings so bad. But you cut me deep, bitch, you cut me real deep.
Speaker 3: I think it's because I'm still reeling from the C section thing. I was like, I'm sorry, No, because wasn't your mama doula though?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, my mom has no expertise and the child bearing world other than she's had four kids, so she she knows it, you know, as a press. It's pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: But no, I wouldn't want my mom in the room if I were in any way seeing my children born. She ain't gonna help.
Speaker 3: Does do moms get to get in the room.
Speaker 1: I think cool moms probably due I think a nice, cool mom could probably like advocate enough to be in the room, But my mom, I ain't gonna help.
Speaker 3: I don't think I would want my mom in the room either.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, that that you got to be a very specific lady to earn being in the room in that extremely stressful environment.
Speaker 3: Also, if my mom was in the room and I wasn't in the room, I feel like she would get skinned to skin before I did. And then now I got to raise this baby who loves his grandma more than his father.
Speaker 1: Man, now you got two wives, and what you're gonna do about that?
Speaker 3: You know, there's nothing as African as I am. There's nothing that sounds worse. Probably that cut me now or even because that sucked, sucked. I understand now. I know how you felt because that sid didn't you did? I said, that's not even. That's the thing.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the Ziero Leone accent is. I think every average, every African accent in America is just us doing Nigerian disrespectfully. I think it is more or less the thing.
Speaker 3: Let's be honest. It's it's strange because for a content with so many vast dialects, Yorks are pretty similar.
Speaker 1: You know what the problem is is that is that across the board, despite to your point, this this vast sort of like uh fucking cultural, just diverse place right where everybody they can look different, sound different, all of these things. What Africans I think share the most is how little they respect Americans. And so I think what it becomes that. No, I don't think it's only Africans, but I think you guys take a weird pride in it in a way that doesn't necessarily show in other countries. Like you guys are like we is very proud to especially with Black Americans. You're like, I'm not that, I'm better than that, and you know it and I know it, And I think that's why you just do the same accent because you're like, I don't know what You're just we're gonna make the noise like you make the noise that noise we don't respect.
Speaker 3: I don't know what to say about that. Uh, I will say, it's not wrong, it's not race relationships are complicated, you know what I mean? Hearing you speak about Africans as the black Americans, you almost sound like a dude from DC more than Chicago. Because them DC dudes. I feel like that's where the most African Black people tension is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can see that. I think anywhere on the East Coast there's like, to your point of skin to skin contact that that hasn't gone exactly the way it's supposed to do with the Africans and the African Americans.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think, and also the Africans. It's just you know what bothers me is an African, We're so big, and it's just like everybody, everybody got hung up on those click niggas, Like they set us back so far. Listen, it's like if all of America, we took all of America talked, and you only listen to how people in Boston talk, and then they put that for all of us, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just Southeast becomes the only standard.
Speaker 3: For becomes the blanket for the whole place.
Speaker 1: Yeah. No, it's it's rough. I will say that the second that black people heard that the clicking, we were like, oh, we about to eat y'all a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the clicking. The clicking set us back a long time. Yeah, Olivia's right. If you are a native click speaker or if you have ties to a click speaker, much like the sque coral debate cendis in centace in some click info.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't don't click out the email. You got to write it in English because we ain't gonna know where the dot dot whistle dot dot. I don't know what that is, so you gotta say you gotta write it in English.
Speaker 3: Wow, this might be our most racist episode.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's without a shadow of a doubta i'd say. But I'm excited. We we got all these emails. You want to just pingpong it, I'll do want.
Speaker 3: You to do? Yeah, yeah, yeah the first one. Yeah, all right, So like we said, we got some emails for you, let's start with this first one. Very excited. First one from somebody named Sam. Hello Sam, Hey Sam, Hello you too, And it says people on the Jerry Curl boxes are real. Oh but I want this clear. It's the texturizer boxes. It doesn't have to be just for Jerry curls. I think the box shows you that there's an assortment of hairstyles that it can be used for.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Sam's being a little reductive in just calling it Jerry curl boxes, but we we respect that. Maybe maybe it deserves to be reductive. I knew I knew a lot of people who use the texture riser and the left terrible stains on people's clothes because of it.
Speaker 3: So talking to me, Bro, I thought we got past that.
Speaker 1: Did you see use the texturizers?
Speaker 3: I used it like three months ago. We talked about it on here.
Speaker 1: Oh damn. Is that how this came up? Was that you were Yeah, I burn my face because I did it all drunk.
Speaker 3: On my bad. That's right.
Speaker 1: I forgot. You made your beard all like wavy and.
Speaker 3: Ship Not really, to be completely honest, not really. I tried a hot oil treatment the other day. My shit, it's just it's just it's thick. It's just thick.
Speaker 1: There's nothing that you can do about it.
Speaker 3: There's only so much I can do. But it's just always gonna be. It's like it's like it's like brush. It's just so dense. Anyways, besides that shot likes it took me. Let's get it. Hello you too? Love the pod. Podcast host Pat of Couple's Couch has revealed many times that he was on a Jerry Curl or s curl box when he was younger. It's important to note that he has naturally curly hair, and I don't believe he needed or used the product when he was modeling it. He may have signed an NBA regarding his naturally curly hair, So don't get the man in legal trouble by asking if he used it on air. Well, we're literally doing that. You should talk to him about it. You're very welcome. I'm not gonna click this link because it's not hyper linked and I don't have the time, but here's what I do have to say. I bet he didn't have cur I bet he did have curly hair, because as someone who was trying to achieve the dream portrayed on the box who fell so so short, Yeah, don't I don't believe. I don't believe that those men were on Lusters. Let's call out the Luster's company. Let's say who it is. It is, who it is Lusters. I don't think those men were.
Speaker 1: Oh you're saying that. You don't even believe that anybody that was on one of those boxes was the product of the box of what.
Speaker 3: I think the box? I think they were products of the West Indies. God damn, I don't think. I don't think they were. I don't think they. I don't think they used it.
Speaker 1: You think these are weird, like biracial or I don't think sort of like, uh.
Speaker 3: I want to be known that I'm not. I don't think biracial people are weird. I don't think.
Speaker 1: Well, I didn't mean to phrase it that way. That wasn't my interpretation of what you said either. I'm saying you think that this was more a reflection of them handpicking the right people for the job. Princess Penny, who is a former guest on the show, is one of those types of dudes. He wasn't on any of the boxes, but he's one of those dudes that like allegedly has like extremely curly haired despite being like a full.
Speaker 3: Black doesn't he keep his shit short though.
Speaker 1: Sometimes he'll grow it out and it is very like wavy curly, sort of like it looks like what Lone used to do to his hair back right back in those you know, early two thousand days.
Speaker 3: He's got a comb.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like a kunk and he says it's not a kunk. And I'll leave that to the listeners to decide, you know.
Speaker 3: But it is true some people do have that.
Speaker 1: I think so my daughter is gonna be one of those people. She's like a fairly not dark skin, but like a fairly She's a very clearly a black girl with just very red, curly hair.
Speaker 3: And it's odd, right, And because your hair is not you have pretty good hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've curly hair, and my wife has even curlier, sort of softer hair than me, And so I think she got honestly a weird mixture of both of our hair, but is also way darker than both of us.
Speaker 3: And I don't know what to do. He kind of got the best of both worlds.
Speaker 1: It's pretty cool. I'm not gonna lie is a cool looking low kid.
Speaker 3: And I she got lucky.
Speaker 1: And if I could sell her to a circus and not lose our relationship, I do it, man.
Speaker 3: In a heartbeat. I've always thought about that. If I have kids, I almost feel like I gotta cut it a little bit, or I gotta get a woman with equally curly hair, and we just build a dark haired dynasty.
Speaker 1: You're saying you need, you need a little bit of something else mixed in so that your kid doesn't also have this bush textured beard.
Speaker 3: It's for a dude, It's fine. I feel like it would be difficult for one, because my shit is so dense. It's hard for me even if I tried. I tried, you know, I think we all had the time period where we were like, let's just grow out on afro. I'm trying to get braids, you know what I mean, And like, my shit's so curly it doesn't even it doesn't go out, it just gets more. Like I grew my ship for like months and it literally was maybe like an inch or two for my skull, Like it just is so the tight, tight coils. Yeah, it's fucked up. I can't even shave with the razor. I have to use the electric because if I shave with the razor, my whole ship, my neckla's like a crunch bar.
Speaker 1: Oh you'll get those bumps.
Speaker 3: Oh nasty, bad bad bumps. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, you don't want that. It's not worth it.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I just get a shave at the barbershop. Damn.
Speaker 1: That is tragic. And I don't know that I would. I don't on any woman. It's not okay. Hold on, I love myself. I think I'm beautiful. Listen to David, I think you're a ghoul and yeah, yeah, You're a hideous creature from deep at the bottom of the ocean. And I'm sorry that that that curses, befalling.
Speaker 3: You from the inner recesses of the dark continent. Uh No, I like it, but it is hard to make like it is hard to mean, it's not hard. It's just I gotta keep a I gotta keep a little fade in my beard trim. I can't.
Speaker 1: I'll say this. I used to be very jealous of people with your hair texture growing up because, yeah, because my hair. I go to a black barber. I've always gone to black barbers, except for a sweet period in New York where I was going to a Dominican barber. And frankly, they're the ones that actually know how to cut my hair. Black barbers are always very frustrated cutting my hair because they're it doesn't do the shit that like traditional black hair does. It like curls in every direction in a way that makes it very hard to not cut, but to actually like even out and make look the way that like a traditional haircut is meant to look.
Speaker 3: Wow, this is an issue. I never I mean, it's like you know what I mean, It's like they say, you don't want no one else's problems.
Speaker 1: I never my Bob.
Speaker 3: Even crossed my mind. I always assume your hair would be but you have a you keep a nice fade though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bob Barber is He's always complaining to me about my hair. It takes this nigga sometimes like an hour and a half for a fucking haircut, and like, no, it's nuts, like it truly is like And it's partly because he's just talking. He's talking the whole time and and fucking distracted. But I think the other part of it is, like you truly have to have like a, you have to have an expertise in my hair to really do it the way it's supposed to be done. It doesn't fade as easily or sort of clearly as I think thicker hair does.
Speaker 3: Damn damn all right, man, I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, we all we all got problems.
Speaker 3: Man. You know, everybody's gotta you know what they need and this is this is Pat and Penning. They need they need with them. You need what the Asian dudes be doing. Oh to get it rekinky, you need to kink. We need to think back. Now I can get on that.
Speaker 1: Box, that box for the Asian dudes that wanna that want to put weird.
Speaker 3: Glue in their.
Speaker 1: Hair so that it could be.
Speaker 3: They could get faded. It's just a picture of.
Speaker 1: Me, and you know it's written in clicks. You know, it's like just for a click clack, click clack.
Speaker 3: Oh man, oh yes, keep that click back with click clack.
Speaker 1: We're calling upon you because we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 3: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 1: Come on, you want to tell them what we have.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a coofie on it. Since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can buy the merch now, go to my Mama told me dot Merchcentral dot com and we want you to have all the sweet stuff, So get it. I watched a video the other day of an Asian dude going through the process to get dreads and it wasn't real dreads. They were like sewing them in or doing some sort of weird like the process was insane, but it was like it was truly phenomenal to watch just these Korean men fighting to have black hair.
Speaker 3: I've seen that where they put all the shit in it, and it's like, I don't think it's worth all that.
Speaker 1: No, it's not worth any And you don't look cool, big dog. It looks odd to see you the way that you are presenting yourself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's insane.
Speaker 1: Are you offended by those things? Does that? Does that offend you? When when Asian people do that?
Speaker 3: It doesn't. Man, I've been really thinking about what I think and feel about appropriation recently, and I A I do too many racist voices in my home to be offended by anything anybody else does. If you heard what I always say it in the house, you would not like it. So there's that, and it's just like, man, you can't. You can't safeguard culture in that way. That's like how humanity works. You see something you want to emulate it. So it's like cultural appropriation. I don't in theory. I don't mind it. I mind it when homage isn't paid to the originators, like in the way that like when they say, like Travis Colce invented to fade like shit like that, I think, yes, this is pretty pretty terrible, But the idea that somebody else wants to do it, I can't. I can't. I really I can't be mad at that.
Speaker 1: No, I'm never honestly, I'm never really that mad at any of this stuff. To your point, I don't like when it becomes like a trending topic because of something that is an arbitrary choice that black people have been doing for years or other races have been doing for years. But but in general, no, go ahead and wear the silly outfits that you if you look ridiculous, I'm gonna make fun of you. And that should just be the end of the conversation. It shouldn't be a reflection on like hatred or or cruelty against my race. It's just like, nah, you look dumb. That wasn't for you, and you know it, and I know, and I'm gonna say something.
Speaker 3: And also it's like where who are we if we're not sampling bits of other cultures, you know what I mean? Then it becomes everything because it becomes that rhetoric feels very separate but equal type of shit where it's like, Okay, so if I can't you can't do my shit, then I can't do your shit. And I'm like, no, I'm gonna put on a pair of hookahs and I'm gonna go down and I'm gonna eat a piece of pizza. Yeah, you know what I mean, and fucking whatever. Like that's the point of the world is to be able to try things. And I think that like keeping keeping things, then that becomes that's why you know, niggas don't ski or whatever. Like just I've had so many things within my life where I've been like, well, black people don't do that, and it's like, man, fucking shut.
Speaker 1: Up, Yeah we should, we could, we should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh, like.
Speaker 1: Come on, black people are wearing those wrap around Oakley shades.
Speaker 3: Now yeah I don't really.
Speaker 1: I mean, I'm not doing it. But that's truly like where we're at where like we are. We are also simplers of culture that was not our culture, and I think for years we justified it as well. We made that shit cool, and that is true. Like there are a lot of things that like culturally we turned into something flier than the white interpretation of it was. But that also comes with its own bias, right, Like I think that that black white people would also argue that they made country music cool, and like, to some extent, they kind of did, but that doesn't mean that they should have ownership of the thing. It just means that, like, all right, for a period, y'all were the only ones rocking this shit and you kind of made a swag inside of it that black people weren't accessing, and that's fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just people got it, Like you can't limit yourself. It all feels like putting yourself in a box culturally, and that to me feels like it just feels like that's a road to like keeping us in the in the dark on other things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I agree. This all feels like a big argument of two men who are like, that's why we should get to fuck white women, and I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't want that.
Speaker 1: I don't want that to be the misinterpretation of our intentionency.
Speaker 3: Yo, that's the typical podcast, right, and that in turn is not only fu with Filipinos.
Speaker 1: Yes, Like, no, I'm not saying we should just be doing everything willy nilly I'm just saying, like, don't be afraid of trying and letting other people try the things that that we maybe sometimes think we should hold deer.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying. I'm not saying you should be out here fucking all the white women, but if you're trying to get your duke sucked.
Speaker 1: Now, they made that coup.
Speaker 3: That's my favorite part about this podcast. Sometimes it feels like we're having a really good conversation, really getting to the bottom of the see yeah, and then it just goes back to white women's sucking dick. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, listen, we can't stay healers for too long. People will start believing in us in a way that they shouldn't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm not trying to answer those d ms.
Speaker 1: Fuck no, man, I was gonna hurt myself real bad, but then I listen to your podcast, and now I feel like, no, fuck, you hurt yourself, hurt yourself the way you were supposed to.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm not on the same size if you're going through it. I'm sure there are numbers you can call. That was an insane thing to say. This man is truly a light skinned devil. I do think I took it too far that time. Most of the time, I'm like, oh man, they'll be all right, but that's time too fun. I don't I'm not proud of that Joyce listening. It's boundaries.
Speaker 1: It's all about boundaries. We got another email from a person named Kia. Kia made sure that that she made her pronunciation clear in the email, but she said, Dear Langston and David, my name is Kia, and I am a big fan of the podcast. You are hilarious and wildly talented, and I've been following both of your careers for some time. You sound like a big time agent. Kiya, what do you have opportunities for us? She said, I'm writing in response to the recent s Curl episode. Growing up, my auntie was a marketing director for Luster and also worked in marketing for Strength of Nature Global LLC. Let's go, you got some you got some aunties do or your auntie's doing work.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: My little cousin was an endurable and strikingly beautiful kid with thick, long and natural straight hair. Everyone said she should be a she should be a pink moisturizer just for me model. Unfortunately, she could not model because she was related to a company employee. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Yes, nuts of all the companies that I thought wouldn't care about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like y'all can't benefit from some nepotism. What the fuck.
Speaker 3: Put your baby on the box, I would.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's no fucking way. You got the look. They were watching children turn into celebrities simply because of their relationship to famous people every day. There's no reason that I should have to deal with with Dan Levy and and not this little es Cirl baby.
Speaker 3: If I gotta watch another Baldwin get famous, you could put your little baby on that box.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, fucking Hailey Bieber, I know where the fuck she came from, Boston.
Speaker 3: She said.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, she gannad because she was related to a company employee. However, my friend's little sister was a just for me girl. She had long, thick hair that straightened easily. It's important to note that she never in life had been given a hair relaxer, and according to her, most of the models didn't even use the products. Wow, so those little girl models, while falsely advertising, were real. I called my aunt and asked if she's ever met an s curl model, and she told me she has not okay, the further further, This further proves that they don't exist. I will say I've never seen s Curl models in anything else, but many of the just for Me girls, including my friend's sister, went on to have successful modeling careers. Hope this helps and keep up the good work, guys. I listen every week.
Speaker 3: Thank you Kiyava would have we would have said it Kia even without the pronunciation, but we appreciate that. Man. I think this goes back to what we were saying. We had even said this off air. Of all the people who reached out for us, it was it was only the just for Me girls who people claim to have, people who claim to have ties and stuff. No men, not one men.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even you know, I know they're saying this podcast or was a a whatever an s curl model, But you know the proof is in the pudding. They're just aren't that. We need a little more evidence here.
Speaker 3: I'm saying, And and because was he in? Who was he? Because there's different boxes too. There's some of the boxes just have one man.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 3: But I'm talking about remember like the ads and like Vibe magazine, where was all six.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, that it would be like all the options. Yeah, you could do to your hair.
Speaker 3: Traditional afro, the curl, the curl, fade, braids, waves, waves, yeah, like the whole Yeah. Those those guys never those guys never met each other.
Speaker 1: I'll also say this, what what feels objectively true inside of both of these emails so far is that the people who are chosen for these opportunities are not users of the product. And that feels very telling of what these products actually are. It feels like, ultimately what this is a type of poison that they are serving up to our community. And they are wise enough to know that they can't poison the motherfuckers on the box because the poison don't actually do what it claims to do. They need a motherfucker that looks like what they want the poison to make us believe it does right.
Speaker 3: Right, And I mean that's the nature of advertising. I don't feel like it's just insidio. I mean, you think them dudes got buff on the bowflex commercial from using a bowflex, Well.
Speaker 1: That's just sure, that is what I thought. I thought the Tiger Jim worked, and now I know different.
Speaker 3: I remember there was this girl in like ninth grade, and everybody claims she got titties because she just used a bowflex all summer, which was a crazy.
Speaker 1: Girls, there's a few leaps inside of.
Speaker 3: That, and you, yeah, it's crazy. Everybody's like, she just has tits because she used a bow like like, of course not what are you talking about that? Anyways? Yeah? Anyways, Yeah, I mean I hate that. I think that's true, though, I don't think these are people with good hair. Mm. I don't think these were people who Now that being said, do I think there's a situation in which you could use those products to get the desired effect? Yes, my shit's just fucked up right.
Speaker 1: You're saying that that some people might be able to use that product and gaining the powers of the of the s curl, but unfortunately you were not blessed with that as an opportunity, I'd argue probably most Mmmm, that feels real to me. I'm not even sure it would do something good to my hair. I think think it would make my hair like look almost like who was that Jason Tatum? I was gonna say, justin wairini, you know what I mean? Like, like, I think it would make me look wet and and and almost like fucked up. If I tried to do it, I.
Speaker 3: Think you could pull off a wet look. Though. I think you could be wet. I think you could be wet.
Speaker 1: Bro, I don't want to be wet.
Speaker 3: I feel like you know you don't want to your father, But I'm saying, if you need it to, yeah, I think if you needed to, I think you could. You could, You could be wet.
Speaker 1: I asked my barber, uh more recently than than I care to admit. I asked my barbera to cut cut, give me the Jason Tatum cut. And afterwards I was like, this is a mistake. I don't I don't like this, not one bit. I gotta That's when I cut my hair back off really yeah, because I was growing it for a little while.
Speaker 3: Like that shut It was kind of longer for a little.
Speaker 1: Bit, like six seven months ago. I was like, I'm a on my hair out of Anna. Let my natural curls curl and ship. And then I was like, hey, hit me with that Jason Tatum and I saw and I was like.
Speaker 3: Nah, do you think that's why you avoid a part as well?
Speaker 1: I think that that if you are a light skinned dude, making certain hair choices. You gotta lean into that character.
Speaker 3: Do you know what I mean? Like, yeah, you guys are conservative. You're pretty I think you have a pretty conservative As long as I've known you, I feel like you've kept it pretty conservative.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: If if you go on tone Bell, you got a tone Bell, you know what I mean? You gottah.
Speaker 3: That's how he got season two on Netflix. Bro, big fan.
Speaker 1: But you gotta really be down to be a sexy FLEXI yeah, like dude, Yeah, you gotta roller skate, you gotta wear sunglasses at times when sunglasses are inappropriate. You gotta really be that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: I ain't there.
Speaker 3: I think that I have a latent life sexy coming oh okay, because in my twenties I actually rebelled against it and I was like, I'm gonna keep my hair gross natural to be just like too long and unkempt like a why, and my beard too, and I'm just gonna be out here looking fairly homeless, to be honest, And what do you think that was? I think that everybody has a point in their life where they reject the beauty standards that are put upon them in one way or another. And I think especially being within entertainment and being somewhat of a non conventional black person. Anyways, I feel like I almost felt empowered in that, like almost like I'm gonna be unkempt and be like this, and you're gonna have to look at it, and you're gonna have to give me these meetings and you're gonna and it's like, I think it was kind of a sense of defiance. And I was broke, but so seventy thirty, but I think there was a level. I think it was a level of defiance. Yeah, that's real. Yeah, just like rebelling against the entertainment. Even though I'm such a hypocrite, I'm in entertainment. That's how I make my money. Do not get it twisted.
Speaker 1: It is a weird thing where like I remember the year that I did jfl Rip jfl inion. Fucking stupid asses let it die, I guess Yeah, stubbies, you guys ran out of money. You're the biggest fucking comedy festival in the world, and now you just had to cancel, you idiots. Yeah, it's going on. That being said, book is in twenty twenty five. Hey, come on, if you make some money back, I apologie.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you funny, not give me.
Speaker 1: But the year that I did New Faces, I remember I had a really long beard. I grew my beard super long, and I think similarly it had a quality of like rebelling self sabotage inside of it, where I was like, I'm not going to show up here and be handsome because I don't want them to be looking at me on some like oh well cast them in some handsome boy shit. I want this to be like truly, I'm gonna be the funny guy and it's just gonna be on my own merit.
Speaker 3: And it's so odd because it's like, at least for me, I was doing that as if I had had a life before where I was classically the handsome guy and now I was rejecting it. I didn't I always been the same guy, you know what I mean. People weren't coming at me like we want you to be a lead in this fucking rom com. I just did that shit to myself. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Similarly, it's not like I grew this beard and then was doing like dirty boy jokes. I was still up there doing the material I did. I just now had a beard and I had to explain to people why I decided to look like fucking you know, castaway.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean to be fair, I was doing dirty boy jokes.
Speaker 1: For a while. Yeah, but you do dirty boy jokes now.
Speaker 3: I'd say that that that.
Speaker 1: I don't mean that as a majority.
Speaker 3: It's okay. I said you were born at home. You have to get over it.
Speaker 1: I don't mean that as a negative. I'm a big fan of your comedy. Well, but I think you know you're a rascally rabbit. I think you're aware of the material you sort of live in.
Speaker 3: I can't help it, man, I just am a I've been. I've been really trying to tone it back. I don't I'm not wild in my heart. It's just my actions end up so wild somehow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you just live a very wild life. I was talking to somebody about you the other day. It might have been Sean Patten, and he was saying how much he loves seeing you and loves drinking with you and shit, and he was like, man, bory that dude, when he starts drinking, he could just make the night, keep going out of anything. And I was like, yeah, that's exactly right. He's just he's a dude who just keep having fun even when the fun seems like it's come to a natural halt, you'll find a way to create a new, chaotic little game inside of it.
Speaker 3: I think the problem is that I've had so much fun and not fun places like I can really be with myself and just be alone and have a good I've learned that from just like growing up and being grounded and moving all the time, just like I was always having to do that anyways. So now yeah, it's like, I ga, we don't have to be doing anything. I could have a great time. Yeah, but it does lead me to some like wild situations.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think it was only meant out of uh love and admiration and not in any way shaming you for your ability to keep the party going.
Speaker 3: I mean, you did just call me dirty, you dirty jokes. I am what I am, But honestly, I'm clean. I paid tickets and stuff I pay, I pay taxes, I have some money. I'm not like a monster. I just like to have a little fun on the weekends.
Speaker 1: You have a good time. We're calling upon you because we have we have new merch. We have very exciting merch that we are now selling and it's it's fucking great. We love it so much.
Speaker 3: Just sleek, it's sexy.
Speaker 1: Come on, you want to tell them what we have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have three different types of hats, which is really fun. We have a two tone hat, an alien dad hat, the traditional logo in black and khaki. Then we have the enamel pin with an alien who has a koofie on it since my mama told me. And then we have t shirts that say proud little Mama, which is who you are.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can buy the merch now go to my mama told me dot Merchcentral dot com and we want you to have all the sweet stuff.
Speaker 3: So get it all right? So next one is from caira.
Speaker 1: Hey, okay, yeah, sorry, I didn't know how to pronounce that, but yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 3: How are you gonna do it?
Speaker 1: To be honest, I think dyslexia kicked it hard and I was gonna say, see, yeah, bron.
Speaker 3: Whoever you are, we appreciate it. She had an accent, which is confusing. The accent mark on the A. We know you're from America. Don't do that.
Speaker 1: Cut it out.
Speaker 3: Hey, hey from Chicago. So my dad worked a lot of people. It shut out. By the way, I never thought about this until this chain of emails shut out for Luster to seemingly being a very large employer of corporate black people. Your product is poisoned. But I think it's great that you do that. I do like I am thro that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, I think that's fair.
Speaker 3: So my dad worked for Luster Products in the nineties into the two thousands. He was the art director and packaging designer for several of their brands, including Scrow, PCJ Krema, Nature, Pink, Just for me, et cetera. I can't confirm the models are real, lol. I spent summers helping edit the photos yes Photoshop existed already, and typesetting the text to the packaging. I know some of the women models went on to acting like Shannon Thornton, but I don't know where them other niggas at. Again, where this feels like, I don't want to say, this feels like a side job.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's wild. Bring back our men.
Speaker 3: Bring back our man hashtag. Also, he designed P two K trading cards that when in the kids relaxed their boxes. So I once met B two K, which to the record executive, who that whose idea? That was genius?
Speaker 1: That's pretty that's pretty smart.
Speaker 3: You get you get, you get your ship relaxed and assigned picture of Rasby.
Speaker 1: And this is ra before we knew what happened to Rasby.
Speaker 3: This, yeah, we didn't know that. This is when he was Raspberry Bee. And then she included she included one of the trading cards and it says Kira, thanks for the love. And it's signed by all of them.
Speaker 1: All four Yeah you might as well by Rasby, by Jay Bugg and of course O Marion.
Speaker 3: You know all the names.
Speaker 1: I know every name.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I mean, I think that email also speaks to the whole issue that we've been having.
Speaker 1: Right then, here's an even more fascinating one. I want to follow this up that we got an email from a person named Eric who said, what up, Dull Langston David. I'll skip past some of the compliments, but he says, go on to more pressing matters. One of the few things I do know. He says that his father, who let's just say was kind of not involved in his life at all, his choice.
Speaker 3: So he was flying all right, you mean a cool guy.
Speaker 1: Say little man, I can't stick around. I got to do.
Speaker 3: Me and my CONTs to go.
Speaker 1: Says he didn't know him at all. But he goes on to say one of the few things I do know about him is that he was a handsome devil. In fact, the only thing he ever wait wait, wait, wait, let's not, let's not skip out what he said. Okay, it's fine. I've been in therapy for a while and I'm really getting the help I need something.
Speaker 3: Let's not.
Speaker 1: That's oh well, I was trying to give him some space. That worked.
Speaker 3: We need to tell people to go to therapy. It hurts he wasn't there. I also have a lady I talked to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, I'm sorry that your dad was a piece of ship, but but he was very handy.
Speaker 3: He was just.
Speaker 1: You sent He sent us pictures of his.
Speaker 3: Father and yeah, I'm sorry. Continue, I just wanted to get that therapy. No, you're right.
Speaker 1: He was a busy, busy man pretending the hammer stuff and uh fly jet engines. I don't I can't tell from all of these pictures, but he was. He was a model of some sort. And it says that, in fact, the only thing that he ever gave me were these dashing good looks. He took his face to print media. My mom actually took his first eight x tens and sent him on his first couple of calls. While he was never immortalized on an S Curl or duke box, he ended up in a lot of ads back in the day. Attached her just a few of the campaigns he was a part of. From what I understand about the process back in those times, models in the papers or boxes for our purposes were not credited, but were still paid a lot depending on how many ads they had done in the past. He was also the fire chief of a town in Connecticut. Whoa, he's a deadbeat and a fire chief.
Speaker 3: What's your mom do?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why did she run him off that way? Because fire chief? That's a good man. So his modeling career was very much a side hustle in the most eighties way possible. I hope this helps. I'm always happy to contribute anything I can to further.
Speaker 3: Your work, by bitch.
Speaker 1: And yes, his dad was a very handsome man, very buff, sort of like a handsome Robert Townsend, almost like a.
Speaker 3: Sex good mustache, good mustache, broad shoulders too. He was a man.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was filling out that shirt. Look at you be man. But point being another man who is missing?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: We know information about this individual, but we do not have it sounds like from Eric direct contact with him.
Speaker 3: Last scene of the fire in Connecticut.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really goes on. I think one of the things that seems most consistent is that in other people sent us emails saying that the Shade Room has covered this subject looking for the hair models and maybe has found some of the quote unquote kings that are on the boxes. But at the end of the day, it does seem relatively consistent that these men in particular do not seem to be floating to the surface as much as we thought they should.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is scary, man. I don't know really what to do.
Speaker 1: I think we, you know, in between donating to all the other tragedies that are happening around the world, obviously there are a lot of places that you could be putting your money right now, I think we need to start an organization. I think that we need to dedicate our time and energy towards protecting the men who have been on the S CurlBOX and may be captive somewhere, And we also need to protect future men from finding themselves on the S CurlBOX or the missing milk cartons of the black community. You know what I mean, Like that is essentially what they are. It's just it's missing kids on a fucking s CurlBOX.
Speaker 3: It's so strange. I don't even think as much as this is a conspiracy podcast, I don't even know if this is. I don't know what to make of this. It does trouble me, though.
Speaker 1: It is trouble and we thank you all for sending all of all of what you've sent, and we we appreciate that you sort of can help verify some of our fears and and correct us on some of the things that we may have been incorrect on. But more than anything, we hope that you can help to resolve some of this, that maybe we can find a way to make it so that these products are not simply a tool of manipulation, but that these models get the credit that they deserve and hopefully can find the safety that we want them to find in their own lives.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's good man. And also, if you want to give some money, donate to my kickstarter or rekink the only thing to get that nap back.
Speaker 1: David, despite all of this, does want to be on the box of a of a hair care product for Asian men. So yeah, yeah, go ahead and help my man get his modeling career into into focus.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would appreciate it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to tell the people where they can find you on what cool shit you.
Speaker 3: Have going on?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just follow me a cool guy jokes eighty seven on Instagram. All my stuff is coming up there. Watch Royal Crackers every week on HBO max or max ono what it's called. And yeah, other than that, you know, get the merch and oh, Netflix is a joke. Festival May fifth, my birthday at the Comedy Store. Come on out and see us. It's gonna be a good time. We already got somebody bringing me a vegan funnel cake and yeah, could be good.
Speaker 1: Doubtful, but maybe I have my helpes.
Speaker 3: Hopefully bring us to come.
Speaker 1: To the festival. Show it's gonna be dope at seven pm at the Comedy Store May fifth. As always, you can follow me at Langston Kerman. If you want to buy merch, you can do it all at Mamma told me dot merchcentral dot com. We would love to for you to have a hat, have a pen, show up with all your cool shit, and if you didn't show up with your shit, buy some shit when you leave. And as always, if you want to send us your own drops, your own conspiracy theories, if you want to tell us where in fact these scurl models are being held and what is happening to them, send it all to Mamma pod at gmail dot com and uh and like, subscribe, do all the things that you're supposed to do YouTube, Apple podcasts, Spotify, the like. And that's the whole shabang by bitch.
Speaker 2: My hip.
Speaker 3: Send your.
Speaker 2: A kualabans a racists, player of ows, mad money acts inventing turkey stuff.
Speaker 3: I can't help me