Speaker 1: We are we good? Andy? Yeah, I'm good. Are you good? I'm fine. I'm not fine. I'm so stressed because we're recordings before vacation starts for the show. I don't have nobody knows on vacation, on vacation, and I'm just I'm just pressed. Can you push a start? Please? Thank you? Anything will work. Let's do do it?
Speaker 2: Just press Okay, he's doing it there and Scott.
Speaker 1: And think some new ones and some old stop it just come over here. Please Welcome to Serial Killers. Today's Monday, July eleventh. Yeah, how's it going? Andy kimpon? O? Great? Good? A plus good. Well, there's something about this particular episode that upsets me because the cereal that I want to do first we really should have done last week. And Virgil I fourth, yes and as they say, my bad, Okay, what's going on? I'm just you know, why don't you be like my kids for the summer and go tech free and just flip it over and just let it be. Your kids are not going tech free. They are My daughter's away for the month. Yeah, they'll not bringing a cell phone. She is, but it's only for emergencies and my little one. They're not allowed to have phones in camp. So that's it. No, no phones that you know of, No, it's at home. Just wait, just wait, i'mkay, they'll access tech. Are they bringing a CD player or anything to listen to music? CD player at camp? But there when they're on like playing volleyball, Yeah, they're gonna listen to a CD player. One of those kids is bringing something in an iPod. Well on a ball chat. I'm sure, like three weeks from now or whatever, You'll be like, Andy, you'll never believe it. We got a message from kooper Villa, some type of flip a jabber electronic. Wouldn't you believe it? And I'll say, wow, shocked. Well, I mean, was not away. She's just in camp. She's not leaving with day camp too. It is, but it's a soh okay okay, so tech free summer, Yes, yeah, so tech free summer. And you're making it seem like because she's going to day camp the small part of the day. She goes to day camp without small bart. She's out the door at eight and she doesn't get home until almost five o'clock, and then it's dinner time and she's not gonna have herself on it at all. We're not allowing any apps this summer. Okay, we'll see how this goes. Okay, stay tuned, serial Killers fans. We're trying. Yeah, you know, I appreciate it. I don't think kids should be having this much technology. If I'm being honest, the summer should be playtime outside, active, running around. I agree. Being with your friends, I agree, not chatting with them. Chatting yeah, well wait, chatting, yes, like this, yeah, but not as they might say, chat with your friends. I r L in real life. Look at that anyway. So here we are, and again, I wanted to do this cereal last Monday, but I didn't have it yet. Okay, I would venture out to Dollar General again because I'm desperately. I'm so sorry to cut you off, but I thought of something. Yes, do you want to sign up for a five K If it's on Long Island? Sure? Yeah, really, I found one where on Long Island. Well, Long Island's a big island. I'll get those details later, but I mean, if it's like mon talk, no it's far. Oh no, I'm not driving all the way in a month, that's right. Run. But yeah, I'll sign this up. Okay, I'd rather do a bikeathon. But if I'll do I'm just telling you from now that hurts my cratch heart. You have to have the right seat and you have to wear the right underwear. Yeah, that's the one time where I like to wear almost tidy whities that really hold them in. Yeah, that'd be fun if we ran to though, I would do that, Yeah, I would. I would absolutely do that. I rang yesterday. It was really great. Maybe we could podcast live as we run, Scott, what are we doing anyway? So there's only two Dollar Generals anywhere within like a forty mile radius of my house, and I went to them because I'm trying to find the elusive Dollar General exclusive peanut butter chocolate checks. Some cereal podcasts have had them, but we have not had any luck finding them. And I refuse to pay seventy two dollars for a box on eBay. Absolutely not. So while I was there looking for this elusive box of checks, I did find another Dollar General exclusive from Captain Crunch. Dude, he just keeps banging him out here, Crunch Hero Crunch. So it's just star shapes maybe maybe not, we know it. Both is okay. But last week we did the Superman and wonderful. Yeah, man, and they were a little different. Girl one wonder girl actually was on the box, right, Who should I cut this out and send this to your house via the mail? What is Dear Scottie? Thank you for being my hero. Your incredible dedication to Cereal is something that I truly admire. Love Andy, That's what I would cut out and send to you. I salute you, Andrew. Okay, like the Captain does on the front, Yeah, Cappin, Cappin. He's evil in my Avengers movie, remember, Yeah, So anyway, I don't know he has friends. Yes, he has the whole crew of them, Smedley, and but these are just copy offs of like old cartoon characters. No, no, no, look at them. That looks like it's from like it's from the seventies. Yes, this was his crew, really, it was he. They were part of the commercials all the time. Oh I do you remember Drunk Captain. We used to play the Drunk Captain commercial. Yes, And they were always Smedley, you know, they were all in there. He was the elephant. Is Smedley the peanut He's not here though. Smedley's a guy that likes the peanut butter crunch anyway, could we eat it? Yeah, I'm ready. I don't think it's gonna taste like Captain Crunk. I have not had breakfast today. I've only had this coffee, so I'm starting to get the uh you know when you overcaf it, when you're caffeinated but you don't have food in your stomach. It creates that weird balance that you're like, God, damn it. Oh lord, the bag tor, Oh lord, I hate that. You know what I'm going to add to this box, the curse button you know on like reality shows when it's like you mother, babe. I'm gonna add that. So this way, if you want to curse, we can beat people out. I'm gonna have to tell you something. I have a feeling that these are very very similar to the superberry. No, this smells like berries. This is just crunchberries. Yeah, but that was berry also, I know. But look I'm pointing to it. Yeah see I can see. Actually you're pointing to the right box. Yeah, not the one that's folded up there. And everybody, by the way, I know, like I said they would, So I went it was right. I went out and bought an entire container of milk for what. Well, first of all, we're gonna run out of this. There's not enough. There's not enough for the whole episode. That's why I asked for it. And also, do you know what a quart of milk is? No, you don't know what a quart of milk. Yeah, that's the little one. Yeah, that's like the half. I figure everyone here drinks the milk. Anyway, we have we have a milk snatcher as we're recording. This is only really two days left before no one's here. Please, it'll get finished. That fine. I put it in my coffee. You're a cereal pusher. You're ready. They're red, white, and blue stars in Captain crunch Hero crunch from Dollar General sweetened corn and oat cereal. All right, mm hmm cunchberry pretty much five ball. It does tear up your mouth. Yeah, I love it. It's pretty good. Where's my notepad? Oh? Yeah again. I don't know if it's just because I'm really hungry, but this is so good. I love crunchberry. This is crunchberry to you. It's not just to me. This is this is the same exact thing. If you look up a box of crunchberries. I wonder if it's the exact same, all of it. Witch box. I don't know. Do you have a box of it? There actually is one, yeah, somewhere, but they're old. I won't make you eat no, no, no, just leave it. I don't want you to have to eat that. I want ingredients. All these are same thing. No Excel would have more things because it's bigger. I like this. I'm giving it four bowls. I give it five because I love crenchberry pretty good. I can't believe. I can't imagine that the blue coloring is natural at all, but whatever, Yeah, but the red is this is good. Can you help the gang hook up the right hose?
Speaker 3: Hm?
Speaker 1: Hm, oh my god? Is it here a doctor? I don't understand that the little kid is a doctor. They're heroes. Can you please tell me what the little mirrored thing is that they wear on like doctor shows. What is that thing and what is it? Is it supposed to look as the patient you are. You supposed to have a look into it, and it's the mirror so you can see the insides of you. I don't like that. Like I was in the dentist not long ago and there's a mirror above me. I don't want to see. She's like, look at this, it's I don't want to see that. A head mirror is a simple diagnostic device worn by physicians, but less so in recent decades because they've become obsolete. But what is it for? To see?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: The head mirror is an excellent method for illuminating the nasal and oral cavity and mirror for indirect layeringl you know what it is. It's before they would have had like headlights if they needed it. So it was reflecting the light in the room up into your nose so they could see up in there. Let me tell you before they had those lights. Yeah, how many people were misdiagnosed from the mirror? Oh my god? Absolutely, things were backwards right Well, I mean it didn't matter, but whatever, all it was was just a light for them. So all right, that was good. That was pretty good. Now next up, I have this bag behind me. I'm kind of debating because people have been sending us stuff. Yeah, the last couple of days, Paul just sent us a nice box of stuff. But I think I'm gonna wait on that. Okay, this is a cereal that I said we were not going to do probably a year or more ago, maybe two years ago, it came out and I'm like, no, we're not doing that novelty. We're not doing novelty crap. I know what this one is. Yeah. At this point though, if it's Cereal, I guess we have to do it. Yeah, you know, but those that the pop whatever one goes, the fun go pops, It's like, we're not doing those because all it is just whatever. I guess if we get someone, we'll do it because it's cereal. Yeah, And I feel like a lot of listeners send us those things. And because we've had such a staunch stand on it, if not eating them, yeah, I think now people can if we say, oh yeah, we actually reviewed it and it's terrible, it will only be aiding our listeners. I'm gonna tell you why I'm relaxing that requirement because we're running out of cereals, because we're running out of new serials old cereals. There can only be so many old cereals, Andrew, once we run through them, there are no more old cereals. Yeah, so then we have to start doing the store brands and the and the novelty crap and whatever. So this Cereal was sent to us by a listener, and I do have to apologize, because here's the thing. What listeners will do. They will DM me on Instagram us sorry, but I check it and it'll say, hey, have you tried this? And it's a picture okay, And so what happens is I'll be like, no, can you please send it? And they send it and we don't get to it for a week or two or three, and by the time I go back to look at said picture in my DMS, the picture it doesn't exist anymore. You can't look at it anymore because you can only see it, I guess for a certain amount of time. Oh so, I don't know who sent us this, and I apologize because they specially went and they ordered it on Amazon and they probably spent a lot of money on it. And my sincere apologies that I do not know which listener sent this to us. However, I'm pretty sure as soon as we post this, it'll be right there in the DM and it'll say that was me, and then we'll make sure to thank you in a follow up episode. We'll try. Yay, I'll forget so many people I know. When serial killer shirts, we really have to do a merch line. We have them, just buy them, I know. But if we just sell out the ones we have, then we can get more cool stuff. People don't want the ones that are I mean, that's your color, you that's yuck. You designed the people like the logo. They just don't want to vibrate yellow shirt. Let's sell white shirts that have the nice little logo. I'm sure they'll go. Let's sell some hats that'll be fun. Bootyo about this with Carla and Anthony on the podcast Cuckoo. How's their store? Booty O's you? Oh, there it is, but it's almost vacation and Scott's ready to go home. What vacation? Why do you guys say this? Somebody has to work and guess who it is? This guy plus the fact by the time, plus the fact, by the time this is on my hand, I wanted you to stop for a second. By the time this airs, that will all be over anyway, so it doesn't really matter. So this is a Wube Cereal bootyos. I haven't followed the WWE since it changed to WWE from WWF. Okay, you gotta stop with the w's. World Wrestling Federation was my jam once it changed. I was like, Eh, it's all bs. Now we are stone called Steve Boston that he was I was before that, you were before I was missed a wonderful pol Paul Orndorf and the Iron Chiccha and uh you know you know all those guys. Yeah, yeah, Nikolai Volkoff, although today he'd be shunned. Yeah why Russian, Yeah, he was a Russian guy. He would sing the Russian national anthem, I know, with the tank for a tank. Yeah, he'd come in on a tank. Maybe they redid the character in recent history, but yeah, they have someone who comes in with the tank. Huh. Interesting, Yeah, hul Cogan all those those days. Yeah, eighties. I went to a steel cage match at Nasau Coliseum and that's back in the day when they would cut their heads open with razor blades. That was craziness. I saw. That's where I saw. I saw Randy Savage's first match there. Oh, Randy macho man Savage. No wame he's dead, I know. Yeah, he snapped into too many slim gyms. Okay. There's a lot of really great uh Ani biographies on w w E. I love them, and they're so fascinating to learn about these wrestlers. Jake the Snake of Roberts. Oh, no, I like the guy with the big beer, Jim the Anvil Nightheart. No, he's so nice. Oh he'll Billy James fit or something. I see that again. He wore like half a face mask. That's after me. Oh my gosh. He's on cameo two and he was just his biography he seems so And he's the sock puppet. I'm Andre the Giant. I'm eighties man, sock puppet, eightiesl Mick Foley, MiG Nick now Mick, Mick Mick. I don't know Josh Coast boy. Josh is really big anyway. Should we do the puffins, the ones that he brought. I refuse to do them. Why because the bag has been open for weeks, it has like this much left. I'm not I won't do it. I'm sorry. We need a fresh new box. If anybody wants to send this peanut butter puffins, fresh new box will do it anyway. So I already yet of cereal. Oh someone gave us a cereal. It's not enough cereal and I'm over it. So let me ask you a question. If we opened up a package that was shipped and delivered from our listener, and the boxes opened. The bag is wide open, it's from and his apartment is exactly there's like an eighth of the box of cereal left. I would not eat that. I'm sorry. I don't know you have roaches in your apartment. I'm not eating open box stuff. God anyway, So, I don't know who these guys are because I'm not big into the WWE, but I'm guessing I don't know. The big E is one of them, right, you see the big guy in the front there. Yeah, maybe Joshua know better. But make your own booty corn mass so their unicorns. I should have done some more research on these guys. You want me to get them? Nah? Basically this is going to be Lucky Charms, A perfect way to start the new day, made with one positivity. If they only knew the show that was, you know, showcasing them. Oh, but it does. We're full of positivity, actual cereal included. I mean, they're trying to be funny. It looks like Lucky Charms. It looks like it's going to taste like Lucky Charms. Yeah, no, I shake, I shook it already. No, I was gonna play the commercial. We'll try it right after this. Why don't I get to make the commercial sounds? And we're back? Yes? How was that? Hole? Andy? You would say the same thing every time you aren't? Ye? Yeah, no, what episode? I actually I texted you from uh this this, this is just terrible. I'm not even gonna try. I almost actually reached for it, and I knew you would be like, get you a grebby puse off of this. It's a terrible design. It's just terrible. Well that's the cash grab cereal for you, stupid h It smells like plastic. Hm. Not looking forward to this wind. Are we doing a bull chat after this? Yeah? We are? Okay, guys, we were probably gonna take off a boll chat. Oh yeah, oh we did already. No, No, no, no, we didn't. No, we did not. Next week there won't be one. No, because this is July eleventh, remember, Oh yeah, sorry, like a week or two ago, we missed one. Yeah, maybe both, who knows. We appreciate you, guys. We just don't take breaks and sometimes you know it's nice and we know you guys understand and we we love you for that. Thank you. I don't think they do. Understand. I think they do because those shows take breaks. You say this all the time. I know, because what TV show have you watched that straight through? Even Jeopardy takes breaks. Oh you saw her, That's why you said Jeopardy. But if most most podcasts you can just record for weeks in advance, and that's why they have bank them. That's why they have seasons and nobody does daily. It's weekly. It smells like Lucky Charms, but I don't know what's gonna happen. Okay, Well, there was like a film on the spoon from that Captain crunch Ready. The marshmallows are very small. Hm hm, you know it's Lucky Charms ish the the not marshmallow parts, I mean the cereal. Yeah, it's okay, I give it four balls, Booty a four.
Speaker 4: S mm hmmm, uh hold on, I'll give it four as well.
Speaker 1: It's pretty good. Again, it's a novelty thing. You really can't find them in any stores, and if you do, you find them in like one of those candy type store, like it's sugar or one of those candy places, and it's probably really expensive. So yeah, not worth it. Well, it's it's it's decent. Go buy Lucky Charms. Go buy yourself a three foot dollar box a Lucky Trick exactly. So, by the way, you know, it kind of annoyed me a couple of weeks ago at Shop Right, and I love Shopright, don't get me wrong. But they had all the big G cereals that's what they call them, big G General mills, and it was it was all. It was like all the it was all the Core ones, all the Core sugar ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was Golden Grams and Cocoa Puffs and Cinnamonta's Crunch and whatever and all of them except Lucky Charms Tricks the whole nine yards, huh. And they were a dollar forty nine a box, which is insane. But Cooper of course wanted Lucky Charms, the only one not on sale, so her box was five dollars and forty nine cents. That's not like you get the multimeal knockoff, I guess. Anyway, let's do another one. Okay, I'm hungry. Yeah still, you want to do some granola? Yeah yeah, yeah? What are the options? Granola? Granola? I have two granolas from from Target. I want granola to the second one. Yeah, granola to the granola in. That's a new one. So I have to do the one that I'm not sure how long it's been out. Oh no, oh no, this is not okay. You know what, Fine, we'll do this one. It's healthy, it's Catalina crunch. It is not Catalina crunch. It looks like the thing is. Carla Marie was supposed to be on this episode. Yeah, that she bailed on us so because she'd rather be with her family than us, which I don't really understand, but that's cool. So I bought this one with you and Carla Marie in mind, because I saw it in the store and you thought healthy, keto vegan, No, I thought hemp. So, uh, this is this is This is purely Elizabeth. We've had one of these before and we really really didn't like it. But blueberry hemp sounded interesting to me. Salty, sweet, crunchy clusters blueberry hemp made with organic quene, wa amaranth and chia, delicious taste and nutrient dense ingredients. Six grams of added sugar, sweetened with coconut sugar and baked with coconut oil, Gluten free, non GMO, ancient grains. I love the term ancient greens. It just cracks me up every time. It makes it seem like they've been around for a very long time, like with dinosaurs. You know, the dinosaurs ate them and poop them out, and then they got replanted in ancient grain and now we're eating them. Where is this? What are you doing? Playing this for you? Oh? These are big old clusters.
Speaker 3: They're right. I do care, and I'm greatly concerned about the epidemic use of drugs by school age children. Sports figures, especially hockey players, who are so respected by our young.
Speaker 1: People sounds so young, can help lead the way.
Speaker 3: In our fight to defeat drug abuse. Okay, I'm so pleased NHL players like Wayne Gretzky, like bass yep I joined this effort. Together, we'll make a great team.
Speaker 1: Yes we will.
Speaker 3: Together, we'll win this what.
Speaker 1: You're talking about, Nancy, Together will win this fight. How's that going, Nancy? I'm about to eat him cereal? Nancy? Oh sorry, former first Lady Nancy. Oh you are what you eat, Andrew. That's what it says. Yeah, so enjoy she'd be ashamed. Follow the eighty twenty rule. Eighty percent of the time be your healthiest self twenty percent of the time, indulge guilt free. I like that. I don't love the seeds in this. I did the chung, the clusters. They're just too big. This is gonna be this is gonna cut the roof of my mouth up. It doesn't even say himp anywhere though. I don't understand that. They're just trying to Oh it's mo delicious though, They just trying to be cool. I think we've liked this break before. No, no, I didn't, But I remember Purely Elizabeth was pure crap. If I'm wrong. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize. He look, yes, please go ahead. Serial Killers pc dot com the wonderful, wonderful website that other Scott hosts takes care of what do you call it? Hosts? He does it, Yeah, he updates it for us. And Purely Elizabeth. There's only one of them. I think it was a chocolate one if I'm not mistaken. Um, hold on, I don't know if we've done it. We did. We definitely did a purely Elizabeth. I'm just gonna eat it's not on the thing. Wow, Other Scott, come on, pal, Well, you didn't send it to me so it's not. This is a full ass stem in. It's nomen two three. What there's a little hinter cinnamon there. I like that, mm hmm. It tastes it tastes like a tire fire. Oh oh man, you know what. This is another one of those. It's good at first, but then it just tastes like disgusting. Oh it's bad. Oh, why that's how I feel? Eh? This gets a bowl, no a spoon. Ew it's disgusting. You're just spit on the table. Sorry, I'm here, I am looking up funny things and you're spitting. It's so bad. It's it's not good. Why does it taste like that? Why is it spicy? What was that? Even? That's just a funny meme. Okay, the cereal is a little spicy. I gotta tell you. You gave it a spoon? Oh yeah, I give it nothing. Man, it's it's it's not it's not vomit face worthy for me. It's just not good. That's on the line, period. That's along the lines of Catalina crunch right there. Uh, no Catalina cru am. I getting Stevia taste. No, there's no stevia. Yeah, Stevia taste really is the biggest. If this had stevia taste, then it gets vomit faced like I'm going blind. My vision is blurry. What what are you looking? I was just trying to read? But what are you looking for? Champ ingredients okay? Or organic gluten free oats, organic coconut sugar, raw vergin, coconut oil, dried blueberries. Oh, it has sunflower oil, Renee, don't buy purely, Elizabeth the target organic sunflower seeds also, Renee, can't eat it. Puffed amaranth, hemp seeds, quene wa, cheese seeds, cinnamon salt, contains coconut. No, I like coconut, but this was just terrible. Yeah this ain't it? Go back to the drawing board on it. Not a fan created to help you thrive on your wellness journey. Well guess what I am thriving without you? Elizabeth? Yes, bye bye. I love Elizabeth though I miss her, but not I don't like this stuff. Yeah no, no, Lizzy doesn't listen to this podcast, does she? Maybe she does. I don't think she supports us. Should we call her? No, we'll call her on a bowl chat. Okay, Well, anyway, thank you so much for listening to serial Killers. Please follow us on all social platforms. Serial Killers peace. See go get a shirt if you want. We're gonna come up with a merch line. Who knows, maybe by now it'll be fleshed out entirely. Maybe we'll have cereal killers coozies. Yeah, that would be fun. Yeah, because they would just fly right off the show, fly right off the shop. You know what's better than coming up with proactive ideas, crapping on any idea and then not having any to supplement them. I just think we should have bowls. Okay, I really do. Great, So then let's talk to somebody. Let's get that going like okay, fine, yeah, I think we should talk to Hefty Hefty, Hefty Hefty or Dixie. I don't know Dixies what No, No, I don't know Dixies like slogan. Oh, I know Dixie bowls. I wasn't looking for slo Dixie cups. Yeah, I know what those look like. That's a huge company now, Dixie, I know what. I know that They even used to have, you know, Dixie cup ice cream. They would call it. Is it raining, Nate? Oh okay, of course, feel the handle. It's nice and soft it's very like form fitting there right, you may never let go of it. Yeah, yeah, there you go. You're welcome. Enjoy sure, yeah, bring it back please, you're welcome sleep with it. It's fun. Yeah, good luck. All right, We'll see you Wednesday with an all new bowl chat, and then again Monday for a new cereal Killers where we do actually have some more new cereals. Yay, So thank you so much for listening. Until we see you. Then say, crunch, Andrew, crunch, We're gonna throw that away. We actually didn't use the milk that you got so happy. I spent eight dollars. That's I actually needed milk from my household. I bought you milk. After all the things I do for you, at the least you could do for me, would you spend eight dollars and a half gallon of milk? What is your problem? You just should buy the cheese, pickup milk. Okay, I picked up milk. You're an aniot for picking up an eight dollar thing of milk. Well, I agree. Why did you just get it from the place you get the iced tea from the cup of iceed milk? What are you doing? What are you doing that doesn't make it my scotty jerk milk. It's my scotty jerk belt. Sounds dirty.