Speaker 1: You just realized your business needed to hire someone yesterday. How can you find amazing candidates fast? Easy?
Speaker 2: Just use Indeed.
Speaker 1: Stop struggling to get your job posts seen on other job sites. With Indeed sponsored jobs, your post jumps to the top of the page for your relevant candidates, so you can reach the people you want faster. According to Indeed data, sponsored jobs posted directly on Indeed have forty five percent more applications than non sponsored jobs. Don't wait any longer, speed up your hiring right now with Indeed, and listeners of this show will get a seventy five dollars sponsored job credit to get your jobs more visibility at indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen. Just go to Indeed dot com slash pod Katz thirteen right now and support our show by saying you heard about Indeed on this podcast. Terms and conditions apply. Hiring Indeed is all you need.
Speaker 3: So when we start earning your leisure to show now, we have a lot of things working for us right so when we hit the ground, it's like an explosion because we was able to actually provide information in a very relatable manner. So we're kind of like the latter to the clouds. I think a lot of times in our community there have been a small pocket of black intellectuals, but they have not been able to fully communicate or relate to the vast majority of Black people on the ground. So now you have a disconnect. The intellectuals feel like they're better than the masses. The masses feel like the intellectuals are Bouoagie's and they just like disregard them, right Like. So I'm like, well, there's value in both places. We need each other, right So it's like, Okay, we have an interesting background where we're able to communicate to everybody. We can be in an Ivy League school, where we can be in a penitentiary communicating to people. And we have been in both places communicating with people and educating people. So when we were able to provide the education, it was done in a very non traditional manner when it comes to business. So the way that we dressed we had hoodies and T shirts. The way that we talk we would using hip hop references. But we're breaking down case studies and we're actually talking about very high level business, right and everybody wants to make money. So what happens is that it's just perfect timing, it hits social media, and then it just explodes on social media. My original thesis on social media actually turned out to be right. Like I said, we just had to wait some time and we switched lanes a little bit, but the idea of it came to fruition. And then there's opportunities in every crisis. So when the pandemic happened, everything shut down and everybody was scared, and a lot of people, you know, unfortunately lost their jobs and some people passed away as well. But then some people benefited. We were on this side of the people that actually benefited because when everybody was home, they had nothing to do. So then they started watching us. And then we developed a show called Market Money, so we're actually teaching people about stocks investing. Then something that happened in our favor was that everybody got a stimulus check. Then something that happened in our favors that the stock market started the skyrocket. So now people are making money in real time from our information. And then it becomes like a cult following. Now everybody's passing it along and they're telling their friend, they telling their cousins, and before you know it, we're at like a million people that's watching us right. So this is all part of the Unuleasha's story how we was able to grow organically. But it's a mix of I think, having a unique product, mixing it with the right time and maximizing the moment. We're in a moment right now where traditionally media, if we were to try to start a show fifteen twenty years ago, we would have to go to Bloomberg, CNBC, ABC, and we would have to compromise who we are. We would have to shave our face, and we would have to talk in a language that we didn't fully even feel comfortable talking in. We would have to wear a suit, we would have to be under the umbrella of them. We couldn't own our own show. It be unpossible. But now the cell phone has empowered the creatives and independence and now we're able to break through without having to go through the actual gatekeepers or the larger institutions. But what has propelled us to even a higher level is there's a middle ground that can be reached where now independence is at an all time high and we have the leverage, but it's only so far you can go as an independent from just exposure resources. There's still some level of benefit from corporate, but now we can work with corporate from a relationship standpoint as opposed to them owning everything standpoint, because we have leverage. So now we've been able to leverage with a lot of different corporate relationships which have helped us expand our reach globally and expanded our reach and accelerated the growth in a much quicker manner. So this is an interesting time for creatives because now you can grow your following, whatever you're doing, use that leverage to work with corporate, but maintain ownership, maintain independence and have real leverage and real partnership as opposed to being an employee. And that's something that has accelerated our growth as well. So as a very long winded answer to your question, but I think that it might be beneficial for anybody that's interested in the new age business and media.
Speaker 4: It's crazy because as he's talking and I was listening to you, Dre when you were talking about Nigeria, when we talk about how we creatively are reaching people, it maybe think about the first time, like what you were speaking about was illegal. Dangode, right, he has an opportunity to change the export import ratio from Nigeria.
Speaker 5: And so I'm thinking, like, how do I teach kids about that?
Speaker 4: How do I walk in the classroom and tell him, like they should know this person?
Speaker 5: And so always was hip hop right. The first lesson was I took jay Z's line.
Speaker 4: I said, all Black Scouts is sports and entertainment until we even And I showed them six people from the world of sports entertainment. They knew every one of them, jay Z, Beyonce, Floyd Maywether, doctor Dre and Oprah.
Speaker 5: They knew them all right, and Jordan.
Speaker 4: And then I gave him another sheet with the six wealthiest people black people on the planet, and they knew none.
Speaker 5: I said, damn.
Speaker 4: Jay kind of prophesized this, right, He really showed us like all we had until we eat, because we've never recognized anything outside that world until I get to teach him about the wealthiest guy on the planet who was a legal Dan Godi. And now this is the crossroads. And so now that group of kids never gets to say they don't know who that guy is. And guess what.
Speaker 5: He didn't do it because he dribbled it. He didn't do it because he could throw a football. He can spit around.
Speaker 4: He did it from natural resources, he did it from oil, he did it from simil. This episode is brought to you by P and C Bank. A lot of people think podcasts about work are boring, and sure they definitely can be, but understanding a professionals routine shows us how they achieve their success little by little, day after day. It's like banking with P and C Bank. It might seem boring to save, plan and make calculated decisions with your bank, but keeping your money boring is what helps you live or more happily fulfilled life. P and C Bank Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five. Brilliantly Boring since eighteen sixty five is a service mark of the PNC Financial Service Group, Inc. P and C Bank National Association Member FDIC.
Speaker 5: Ernest What's Up?
Speaker 4: You ever walk into a small business and everything just works like the checkout is fast, the receipts a digital tip is a breeze, and you're out the door before the line even builds. Odds are they're using Square? We love supporting businesses that run on Square because it just feels seamless, whether it's a local coffee shop, a vendor at a pop up market, or even one.
Speaker 5: Of our merch partners.
Speaker 4: Square makes it easy for them to take payments, manage inventory, and run their business with confidence, all from one simple system. If you're a business owner or even just thinking about launching something soon, Square is hands down one of the best tools out there to help you start, run and grow. It's not just about payments, it's about giving you time back so you can focus on.
Speaker 5: What matters most Ready.
Speaker 4: To see how Square can transform your business, visit Square dot com backslash go backslash eyl to learn more that Square dot com backslash, go backslash eyl, don't wait, don't hesitate. Let's Square handle the back end so you can keep pushing your vision forward.
Speaker 6: A legal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership.
Speaker 6: I'm Christy nom the United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump. Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned and deported, you will never return. But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right. Leave now.
Speaker 6: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will.
Speaker 4: Be protected sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security. And these are all different things. So now that kid or those kids that are now hearing it know that there's value in other things then the traditional things that have been fed through us through the TV. Right, we have to be entertaining that there's no value in the guy who's going.
Speaker 5: To be the doctor in the neighborhood.
Speaker 4: There's no value to the person who's going to be the teacher, or who's going to be the chemist, or who's going to be the next person to venture capital. Those people weren't celebrated until this moment in time, and so that was kind of the thing, was like, all right, this is how we now can creatively reach people use social media, use hip hop, merge it all together and delivered to the people.
Speaker 7: How long did that breakthrough tape? Because when you sit there we talked about just recently, you know, to be more than an athlete was the thing that just popped up like five or six years ago. And then a lot of times when you're coming down and talk about sports and entertainment and what young individuals typically want to be, they necessarily don't want to hear all the rye educational stuff. And how did you guys keep your confidence? We always have a saying, don't you know this academy pillar and jot the butterfly, So like it kind of been at easy going in and you know, continue to build step by step. So how'd you guys keep that momentum up in the face? Did you ever get discouraged?
Speaker 3: Well, I think that when losing is not an option, then you really have no choice but to win. So it's a few ways how you look at the timeframe. You can look at it from when we started social media. That's a relatively short period in the grand scheme of things of success, like we kind of it just kind of went up. But then you look at it from like your whole entire life takes you to the moment that you're at, and that's a very long journey, right. So it's like he was a teacher and he was preparing for that moment without knowing it. I was a financial advisor, and I was preparing for that moment without knowing it. Right. So I feel that you have to fully believe in what you're doing to not even thinking of not even you can't really even think about it not working. It's only a matter of how do I get it to work. So like for me my personal journey, I never really had a job BeForever So I went to school and then I became a financial advisor. It's a commission based situation, so anybody can get hired.
Speaker 5: It wasn't.
Speaker 3: I wasn't working on Wall Street. I was working for an insurance company. It's not too difficult to get hired in that situation just being honest, but it's also extremely difficult to be successful in it. That's why it's not difficult to get hired, Like not even centing to people is not going to be successful. But you know, it's extremely difficult type of job, especially at twenty four years old, to try to convince people that they, you know, need life insurance and irais and stuff like that. But my alternative, like I said, I didn't have an advanced degree, I went to a state school. My alternative was to actually get a job, and that wasn't going to happen. So I really had no choice but to make it happen. So I think, you know, and you when you use that type of framework, then you really don't think about like tough times or like because at the end of the day, what is a tough time? We really never really had anything anyway, So that's something that we already used to. Like, I mean, if you think about it, like, it can't really get too much worse. You only really have a really you really have nothing to lose. When you have nothing to lose, right, Like when you become a millionaire, now you start to think like, damn, I can really screw this up and I'm back to zero. But I mean, if you have five thousand dollars in a bank account, what's the worst that can happen?
Speaker 4: You're closer to zero, yes, right, I mean, and that's the reality, Like we grow up, we're so close to zero, So what is the risk, right, but I thought he's gonna answer this a whole different way. I was like, because the thing about I've known him since he was probably eleven years old.
Speaker 5: He's known vice versa.
Speaker 4: There was never a time where our confidence ever weighed in ourselves. What we were gonna do is we would figure that out. But we were always confident we were gonna be Like I knew he was going to be successful probably vice versa, and our community knew that too because we were rooted in the community. But what happened over time was that we realized representation and showing up as your authentic self was the key.
Speaker 5: Right.
Speaker 4: So most people when I worked, they were like, well, you're the gym teacher. I'm like, yeah, I'm the physical educator. But there's other things I do too. But people will only judge you from where they see.
Speaker 5: You at, right.
Speaker 4: So like even now, if I go back to the school, they always ask me if I'm coming back. I'm like, well about that, right, But they only could see me as that.
Speaker 5: But there was so much more to it. So when we started to grow as a company, it was like, all right, don't change who you are. Right when I was standing in front of the kids, in the Bronx.
Speaker 4: I had the freshest jordans on right, I had g shot watches, I had a BMW because I knew one day a kid was going to look at mister Millers and say I want to be him.
Speaker 5: Like a lot of kids are going to grow up saying they want to be you. But I was like, I want.
Speaker 4: Kids to grow up and say they could be me, because the chances that they could be me there's one hundred percent chance, right right, Like making it to the NBA is one in a million, right, But being somebody that is productive in their community, somebody that's giving back, somebody that's educating that community.
Speaker 5: They could do that.
Speaker 4: So if I could show them, I can have the nice car that you guys have, I can have some of the watches and some of the kicks.
Speaker 5: And that's where it stops. I'm making it very That's where it stops.
Speaker 7: You might get luckier, you never know.
Speaker 4: That's but like now, so that's the thing. Now they see that's my teacher, right, he was my teacher, and he I know him right, he's in Dubai.
Speaker 5: He just sat with Steve Harvey.
Speaker 4: He's here where Andre and Gordald returned like right now he's speaking at Warren Yo. He used to teach me how to catch a football, like anything is possible.
Speaker 5: But the representation was there. So when you see it, show.
Speaker 4: Up in a hoodie and we have one fresh kicks, and you know we do travel and we'd like to wear nice clothes, that's all part of the presentation because that's authentically who we were prior to all of this. All we get to do now is show up as we are and people receive receptive to it because it's like, wait, these guys is real, the real deal.
Speaker 5: This is real.
Speaker 4: This is really who they are every day and that's the easiest part. We get to show up as ourselves every single day.
Speaker 6: An illegal alien from Guatemala charged with raping a child in Massachusetts. An MS thirteen gang member from Al Salvador accused of murdering a Texas. Man of Venezuelan charged with filming and selling child pornography in Michigan. These are just some of the heinous migrant criminals caught because of President Donald J.
Speaker 2: Trump's leadership. I'm Christy Noman, the.
Speaker 6: United States Secretary of Homeland Security under President Trump. Attempted illegal border crossings are at the lowest levels ever recorded, and over one hundred thousand illegal aliens have been arrested. If you are here illegally, your next you will be fine nearly one thousand dollars a day, imprisoned, and deported.
Speaker 2: You will never return.
Speaker 6: But if you register using our CBP home app and leave now, you could be allowed to return legally.
Speaker 2: Do what's right, leave now.
Speaker 6: Under President Trump America's laws, border and families will be protected.
Speaker 5: Sponsored by the United States Department of Homeland Security,