Speaker 1: Bloomberg Audio Studios, Podcasts, radio News, The.
Speaker 2: Stock Movers Report, your roundup of companies making moves in the stock market, harnessing the power of Bloomberg Data.
Speaker 1: Well, let's take a look at some stocks on the move today in Europe. I'm Stephen Caroll with Lizzie Burdon, and we're joined by Bloomberg reporter Chloe Melee Chloy. Good morning, Good morning. Let's start then with a jump for adi Das after their latest results.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a great day for Eddides today. They reported stronger than expected profit, also announced a new buyback and this really helped to reassure investors after quite a lot of weakness in those shares lately. There was a lot of concerns among investors that currency headwinds and in taris would really start to weigh on performance. So there may be the momentum behind some of the flagship products that Edidas has would start to slow down a little bit. But the strong results that we have this morning and then the buyback were really reassuring, and now an listener saying that momentum could actually go even further in twenty twenty six, given that there's actually, of course quite a lot of sports this year. You know, things like the Football World Cup will be really great for Adidas. There was really something to capitalize on for them. And the company is also now really trying to diversify some of its growth drivers. You know, for a while, it has really relied on how popular it's retro sneakers were, so we saw the sambur and the Gazelle everywhere in London, for example. But now it wants to tap a little bit more into running into football demandster kind of refocusing on sports over fashion perhaps a little bit. And investors and analysts have said that there are signs that the sneaker boom is slowing down a little bit, so it might be actually a perfect time for Adidas to kind of go back to those sports routes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Bloomberg Opinion, Calmus Andrea Felsted was telling us that the trainers are dead.
Speaker 1: Feel like that's going to make people look a bit fuddy dotty if they're still wearing them in the office. Trainers used to make you look useful.
Speaker 3: But speaking of stocks to watch, Swatch also on your radar this morning. Yeah, it seems for Swatch that twenty six will be a very different year to twenty twenty five. So if we look at the results for twenty twenty five, the profit fell more than fifty percent and miss expectations by quite a large margin, and that was because of a lot of weakness in China and then of course tariffs from the US, which meant that the US market was also a lot weaker. But then Swatch said this morning that it actually expects really substantial growth for twenty twenty six, and it said that it had seen a rebound in demand over the second half of the year, that it had had a particularly good fourth quarter, and so that boads really well for this year. And it's obviously been an interesting few months, an interesting year for the watchmaking industry. We had, of course Trump imposing thirty nine percent tariffs on Switzerland and walking those back, and it seems that the reduction of tariffs actually meant that Swiss watch exports returned to growth in December because brands were rushing to send inventory to the US after the tariffs were eased. And so it seems that now that watchmaking industry is kind of turning a corner. We had a reach more earlier in this earning sea, which is also another big Swiss watchmaker reporting a pretty good quarter, pretty up bey outlook, so definitely good news for that sector.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to do my best impression of a comedy radio show house. Now, who's not in the mood for lighter news this morning?
Speaker 2: It's like the Irish alon park.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I chose this dog just because of the pun potential. So Signify as a lamp maker and not very bright results for Signify this morning. Just issued a profit warning and decided not to provide revenue guidance at this point. It started a cost reduction program that will impact about nine hundred jobs, said that I'll be pausing share buyer backs for the foreseeable and it also said that those difficult conditions would continue throughout the year. So, according to analyst, there's a few reasons why this company is currently in the situation that it's finding itself in, and it is because there's lower demand. You know, it's exposed to the construction market, so if there are few things to being built, there's less need for lights being installed. This tariffs as well weighing on the company and this pricing pressure, and so Morgan Stanley analyst said that the results were a material negative for a stock that investors were already quite cautious on, and so we saw the Shes really tumbling this morning, and it's probably going to be quite hard for Signified to come back from them.
Speaker 2: The Stock Movers Report from Bloomberg Radio. Check back with us throughout the day for the latest roundup of companies making news on Wall Street and for the latest market moving headlines. Listen to Bloomberg Radio Live, catch us on YouTube, Bloomberg dot com, and on Applecarplay and Android Auto with the Bloomberg Business app.