Speaker 1: Good Morning Football is the production of the NFL in partnership with iHeartRadio. Good Morning Football.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's go GMFB. Everybody welcome inside. We're live in La. It's Tuesday, March fourth.
Speaker 3: I'm JB hear at all.
Speaker 2: Here's Kyle Brand, Cody Kesler, DeMarco far Are you doing something to get.
Speaker 3: Ready for the show.
Speaker 4: It's Flexen getting ready. Got a quarterback in the room.
Speaker 2: Come on, Yeah, you've been salivating about that eatah'sh my gosh. It is a franchise Tag day, Kyle. We have a lot to look forward to with the calendar.
Speaker 3: How you doing.
Speaker 2: You're in LA for a couple of days, doing great.
Speaker 1: I'm in La. I'm glad to be here at the table with you guys, and I'm just glad to say that we just did one of my favorite segments we've done in weeks and weeks, and that was Cody Kesler talking about his entry into the NFL. If you didn't see it and you're watching us live on TV, we'll put it on social shortly. You know, a lot of times we get players come in and they'll remember a play or a moment from their career and they'll say, oh, I took this huge hit and it was crazy, and then we go back and look at the video and you're like, actually, it wasn't that bad, Like it doesn't live up to their story. They remember it differently. Yeah, years lived up to the story. Years exceeded the story. If you missed it, Cody came in as a rookie with the Browns years ago and his first several snaps of his first professional start were endearingly disastrous. And you took us through the segment. If you did not see the segment, it was incredible and Cody just laid it out perfectly. Great job, and we will share it with you. It was so fun.
Speaker 3: I appreciate it.
Speaker 5: It was tough to live through that, but if you came out with yourself, you know what are we doing?
Speaker 3: And the positive was.
Speaker 5: Is that after that, I kind of settled in a little bit and had a good game. But if it wasn't a good game, I probably would have been hesitant to I.
Speaker 1: Want to know, who needs to see that segment, Shador Sanders, cam Ward, all of these quarterbacks we're going to be drafted in fifty one days.
Speaker 3: You're going to get a wake up.
Speaker 1: Get ready. That's what I'm saying this guy was, this guy's the USC throwing it around. He's got a pretty good guy. Things changed fast on Sunday.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Will Howard had kind of a hard weekend and shugre Sander's coming in to his defense. Guys like that that should learn a good lesson from you.
Speaker 5: It's going to happen whether you like it or not in any position, but quarterback it's the toughest because all eyes are on you. Right, you get all the praise, but you also get all the hate, and when it happens, the most important thing is how do you react to all?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: So those are some reoky quarterbacks that we could see playing in the fall next season. But it's NFL franchise egg. We have to figure out a couple of different names. That the land place is Ian Rappaport, Welcome in. You got some teams on your list that you and Tom p are making sure you are covering all the news regarding this list. But let's start with the quarterback in Minnesota and work our way through.
Speaker 6: Now, let's start with Sam Donald. As the news came out last night, the Minnesota Vikings are not expected to franchise tag Sam Donald according to me and Tom, something really that has building been building over.
Speaker 7: The last several days.
Speaker 6: I know for a lot of people this seems strange. If he's starting quarterback to the Vikings, why would you not franchise tag him forty million dollars, lock it in and move on. The reason is is because there's other factors a player. Of course, we know the Minnesota Vikings have JJ McCarthy, a young quarterback of rookie last year who they really really like, who would potentially be ready to come in and start. But they're not done with Donald yet. The free agency starts next week. Teams will have the opportunity to make offers to Sam Donald. The Minnesota Vikings you're going to use today in the next couple of days to try to lock in Donald themselves likely to be under the forty million of the what the franchise tag would be, but they're going to try to get a deal and have Donald come in and reboot for next year.
Speaker 1: We'll see where this all goes.
Speaker 6: The Kansas City Chiefs took the best guard off the free agent market, Tray Smith, the star guard who is a late round pick who has emerged as one of the best in the NFL. He got the non exclusive franchise tech twenty three point four million dollars. You're going to try to do a long term deal for him as well. Either way, the highest paid guard right now is twenty one million dollars. That's landon Dickerson if they do a long term deal, or even right now Tray Smith, the highest paid guard in NFL history. And then one of the quarterback situations we have been working to sort out over the last several days, something that is going to continue in Pittsburgh Steelers.
Speaker 7: They have Russell Wilson, who's said to.
Speaker 6: Be a free agent, if Justin Fields who said to be a free agent, and it certainly seems is according to the words of several Steelers executives over the last couple of weeks, it seems like they're likely to go with one of those options for this year. As of right now, based on my understanding, Justin Fields is more likely to be the starting quarterback of the Steelers than Russell Wilson.
Speaker 1: They do not have a deal.
Speaker 6: Fields does have a really good market going into free agency, but similar to Darnold, the Steelers have the opportunity over the next week or so to lock it in right now and get their starting quarterback for twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Man, I never would have thought that we would be focusing so much on the Steelers quarterback position. It has been a wild ride ever since Ben Roethlisberger walked away from the team. We just can't figure a guy out for that. Ian Rappaford, thank you so much. Sign for us to go three. We're gonna start where Ian just slept up. Kyle, listening to a rap sheet, had to say about the Steelers and their quarterback room. What do you think Pittsburgh should do?
Speaker 1: I think the Steelers should pray, and I'm not saying that mockingly, and I'm They're not like screwed. They're the Steelers are always gonna win. They'll probably make the playoffs. I think you have to pray that Justin Field steps up and he becomes the player that we've been waiting for him beat for several years. I think that they're gonna stick with Fields. I don't think they're gonna stick with Russell. Steelers do their own thing. They have their own formula and their own way of doing business, and it always works out one way or another. Ownership is on a record a few weeks back about saying we'd like to keep one of the guys we have now. I don't think it's some hail Mary play for Aaron Rodgers. I don't think it's Sam Darnold. I think Justin Fields is the most likely candidate. Justin Field has never, never really won, and he's been on some bad teams. It's the same thing the Bears fans are doing, praying can this guy please figure it out? And this year can he hashtag turn the corner and become that guy that we only see in spurts. Whatever the Steelers will do, you know they're gonna win probably ten games next year, maybe nine on a down year. I just don't know if it's gonna be on the strength of their incredible quarterback play. I'm kind of joking when I say pray, but there's no other fix for this, There's no other let's get this guy. I think they're gonna stick with one of these guys. I think it's gonna be Fields, and I personally am rooting for I hope he turns the corner and we haven't seen it yet it's been years.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree with Kyle.
Speaker 5: I think they go with Fields, and last year too, he started the season four and two through five touchdown passes, rush for another five, only have had an interception, and then he gets replaced by Russell Wilson. So I think they go to the field drop. But two things are gonna happen if they do that, or two things need to happen. One, they go out and get another veteran and bring them in to compete.
Speaker 3: With Justin Fields. But if you do that, you're right back to.
Speaker 5: Square one where you were with Fields and Wilson a year ago, where it doesn't feel like Fields is a guy and he doesn't have that confidence because you bring in another quarterback. The second thing you do, and I think is most likely or what they should do, is you go out and draft a quarterback in the mid rounds. Right you say, hey, Justin Fields, here are the keys to the Ferrari this is your football team.
Speaker 3: Can you make that jump?
Speaker 5: What can you do with a full year of confidence, knowing that you're the guy your second year in the system. And then we go find a quarterback and they have the eighty third pick, one hundred and twenty second pick, one hundred and fifty seven pick, go out and maybe get a Jaylen Milroe or a Quinnie or is a guy that you're thinking can develop behind Justin Fields. I think they'll also have to add another veteran, not a high level guy, but a guy that's a career backup, maybe in case the rookie is not ready or Fields isn't quite there yet.
Speaker 3: But I think that's the most likely scenario.
Speaker 1: Likely they with Mason Rudolph.
Speaker 5: Yeah, give the keys to Justin Fields. Let him go out there and prove that he can get it done. Get a mid level quarterback or a mid round quarterback in the draft, and then go from there.
Speaker 3: And either way, whatever they do, free.
Speaker 5: Agency starts nice week, so if you have your eyes on a quarterback, the market is going to go quick.
Speaker 3: So they better make that decision right now.
Speaker 4: Intrigued by Fields as the Steelers quarterback outside of Bradshaw and Roethlisberger, named me another one that played for Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh has always been about defense and running the football. So I think if you're Mike Tomlin and if you want to play classic Steeler ball, Fields might be your guy.
Speaker 1: A guy that can throw, he can run.
Speaker 4: Just make sure that I guess that he understands that you have a punter, that turnovers are bad, you can go out and play defense. You guys have been there when it's cold. When they start playing renegade, that place goes berserk. It's all about getting after the passer, stopping your offense. So I'm actually intrigued by fields.
Speaker 1: As the starting quarterback in Pittsburgh, I would just say, as usual, the Steelers are drafting in the twenties. It just feels like they're there a curse of like, we're never bad, we're never great, but we never have the five pick, we never have the two. Never, They're never going to have that type of season, so you cannot get whoever it is up at the top of the board. You're in that no man's like, you have to pay a price for always being good, and that's that. If you can't win the playoff game, which they can't, there's no fix coming. It's the project quarterback, it's the bridge quarterback. It's they've drafted Roethlisberger way up there. Way. They're never that high anymore. They're at the twenty one this so you can't get a guy there, and I don't think they will.
Speaker 2: Speaking democrats to your point though, a boy the Steelers like, they run the ball, they have great defense. I think Nagie Harris is a free agent and then Jalen Warren is that going to be the guy that you hang your hat on. I also think they need to redefine what their run game looks like. If that is a Najie har Is, how long that deal is or do you let him walk and then you have to dip into the draft pool for that as well, or he hit the free agent pool, which was very nice for the running backs last summer. Last week at the NFL Scating Combines, this is the second down three now. Browns general manager Andrew Berry did not waiver on his stance that the Browns have no interest at all in trading all pro pass rusher Miles Garrett Kyle, despite Miles Garrett putting the statement out himself not long ago, saying I would like out of Cleveland this. I called it awkward the other day, and I think Peter correct me. He's like, it doesn't feel awkward to me. I'm still going to hang my hat on awkward.
Speaker 1: I wonder why Peter said that here. We'll ask him when he's back. I don't think Miles Garrett's playing for the Browns. I don't really I don't not on his end, you know. I'm sure that they're like, he's our best player, he's maybe the top three player in the league. We're not letting him go. I think he has strong convictions. I think he's seen a lot of things. I think he wants out. I just want to address one thing. I was reading a lot about Miles Garrett last night, and one of the things that comes up is this idea of teams that could potentially be suitors if the Browns were to agree to part with them. And there's this pushback about, like, you know, Miles Garrett is going to be so expensive, just draft an edge rusher, Like have you ever seen Miles Garrett play football? Like, what are you talking about? You can bring up all the guys in this year's draft, all the edge rushers in last year's draft, and next year's draft. None of them are Miles Garrett. These are great players right here, they're not Miles Garrett's. And even if you were to draft room, they're not gonna be Miles Garrett. He is put it this way. You know how good you have to be to win a game on national television, and then the postgame reporter goes to you and says, so, Miles, how do you see the best players on defense in the league right now? And to say this, I'm number one and no, that's one as you been to one edge one to defend the play of the year. I'm the guy. So that runs to me. With due respect to the guys coming out or other free agents, nobody's last year TJ Watt, wasn't that guy? That guy is that guy? I know Cleveland wants to hold onto him. I think he's determined to leave. Don't think you can get anything else other than him if you move for it. Pete said it wasn't awkward, Peter.
Speaker 2: Okay, So I said, wow, Peter, this seems awkward. We're a player to put out a statement and then for his general manager and head coach to openly is just say, like, no, that guy's playing for us next year. I deem it awkward. Peter said it wasn't because he's just he was convinced that the team was steadfast and that they will work something out, and that you how you couldn't let Miles Garrett walk out the door?
Speaker 1: Makes perfect sense.
Speaker 4: I get both sides now, because if you're Cleveland, you never let him go. He's one of the best players we've ever seen. I mean, he's almost a guarantee, a lock for double digit sacks the year. He cannot be blocked with one or two. He is just that guy. So I understand the other side of him, and I was shocked about Joe Thomas and other players that were in Cleveland that have lost for so long. You need to, you know, try to get out of there if you want to win. You're getting towards the end of your career. So I get for Miles Garrett's coming from. I want to go someplace where I can win, where this stuff where we see doesn't get buried in the highlights, where it actually gets put to the forefront. He is, like I said, the pre eminent player in the National Football League along defensive lineman. So saw him in Los Angeles. He happened to be in the same suite I was in for a Lakers game. Just walked in and it's so funny. His shoulders couldn't fit through the door, but his waist was like a thirty two. It's like if you were cut like a superhero.
Speaker 5: I was in Cleveland his rooking the year when we drafted him. Yeah, he is one of the best physical specimens I've ever been around in my entire life, and he's so athletic. But this is the most intriguing offseason story for me. It really is, because it's completely two different sides of the spectrum.
Speaker 3: You have Miles Garrett.
Speaker 5: On February third, who says to the world, I want to be traded. Then he goes on radio row during the Super Bowl week doubles down, I want to be traded.
Speaker 3: I want to be traded.
Speaker 5: Fast forward to the combine and you have Andrew Berry, the general manager, come out and say we're not trading him.
Speaker 3: He's not going anywhere.
Speaker 5: And then you have Kevin Stefanski reiterate that and say, you know he's going to be here. He's a part of our president, he's a part of our future. He's going to be on the team this year, next year, in the year after that. Two completely opposite sides. And the thing that worries me is that Miles Garrett didn't come out and say I want more money, I want X amount of dolls I want, I want I want to be traded to a team that's going to win a Super Bowl. And if you do trade Miles Garrett, I believe you're starting your rebuild. If you're the Browns three and fourteen a year ago, if you let your best player walk away trying to get multiple first round picks for him, you are basically saying.
Speaker 1: What you get for him? Yeah, that's the question.
Speaker 5: You can get anything you want right now in the fall. You're committing to a rebuild saying that we know we're not going to get there because they're not competitors right now.
Speaker 3: They really aren't. This is a huge offseason for the Browns.
Speaker 5: They have the number two overall pick they have outside of the Saints. They have the worst salary cap situation in the NFL.
Speaker 3: Andrew Berry is.
Speaker 5: Gonna have to jump a lot of hurdles when it comes to free agency. It's just it's a very difficult situation. I just don't know how they can keep Miles Garrett happy and figure out a way to contend.
Speaker 1: Nowhere to go, you nail. If there's money problems, you can fix them. We'll figure it out. Get someone to adjust it. Fine. He said that this past season was worse than ZH sixteen for you like, it's not about money. It's like, I want out of here. Can you imagine going to work there and there's this whole Deshaun Watson thing that you've gone through. Not to mention the losing, now Watson's hurt. What is this team? I'm deep in my career. I've never won squat. I want to win something. I want to be one of the greats. I want to be Reggie White running around with the Packers holding up the Lombardy. It's I don't think it's money, it's I don't want to play here anymore, don't live here anymore.
Speaker 2: In the statement, it was I want to go from Cleveland to Canton. And I think what he's implying is that, like, if I stay here, you are messing with my goals and my career goals in is like Hall of Fame pursuit.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a.
Speaker 2: Very specific direction that he wants to do. I'm a conspiracy theorist. I think that ownership GM coach, they are going to say he is not going anywhere, to drive up the price and to see what they would get four miles Garrett, because I think somebody would want it badly.
Speaker 1: And I don't care what you have. He's better. Yeah. I would trade anything to get Garrett. Absolutely, yes. Anytime we let on self think about landing spots, every time you're like, oh god, no, he's gonna go to Philly. Oh it's terrifying. It's almost like we can't have that happen. It's like, you know, David Stern, like, no, find trades and wait we can ye fair. I mean this is like to the Lakers, like we can't have Miles Garrett go in to Philadelphia. Ken't Miles Grett going anywhere?
Speaker 2: The one move for Miles Garrett with everything that that team would have to give up, would be parallel to the Rams and how they did all those things with the picks a couple of years ago in order to win.
Speaker 1: I hope it's out of the West.
Speaker 5: To Jamie's point, though, it gets to the situation of do we keep Miles Garrett he's not happy and we know he doesn't want to be here, or do we pull the trigger on a trade and try to figure out the situation now, Because like I said, I just and not a lot of fond memories in Cleveland, but I love the fans, I love the city. You know they treated me well. I want to see them be successful. I want to see him whin. I think Miles Garrett has to be a part of that picture.
Speaker 4: But if he doesn't want to be there, I bet they don't blame to the point because eventually he's going to have to come back and play. Yeah, he is, because he's on a Hall of Fame type career and you've got to play keep those.
Speaker 1: Their logic in trading, taking the huge king's ransom of picks and rebuilding your team, which you need to do otherwise you keep a fantastic defensive end. I get he's a great player, but you can spend that stuff and do real building blocks and the quarterback and all.
Speaker 3: That, and that's a huge jumpstart to the rebuillains.
Speaker 2: So and they've had him, and they even having him, they haven't won the way he has wanted to, or frankly, the way the organization probably wants to with him in the building. So he's great, but they got to do something, and I'm still calling it awkward. Third down, here's a look at Lancier. I will not take any other word to Marco. Here's a look at Lancer lines. Mock Draft two point zero. We're already onto the second version in mock drafting season. He has the Browns taking Colorado's Heisman Trophy winner Travis Hunter after the Titan selects Abdul Carter number one overall. Let's do this ourselves. Who should the Browns take with the second overall pick. We'll start with the former brown himself, Body Kessler.
Speaker 5: Obviously, the Browns need a quarterback, and it's pretty consistent. And obviously, I know there's some different, you know, mock drafts out there, but a lot of people think they're going to take a quarterback at number two. I'll say this, if you're not one hundred percent sure, if you're not one hundred and ten percent sure that the quarterback you're taking is the future of your franchise for at minimum the next five to seven years, do not make that pick. You Just because a team needs a quarterback doesn't mean you have to take a quarterback. And I feel like that happens a lot in drafts to where teams feel like, well, this is the top guy and we need a quarterback, let me take him, or feel like, you know, this is the next best quarterback available and we need a quarterback. So let's pick a quarterback. You don't have to do that. There's a lot of very talented players at the top of this draft board, right and I'm fine with either one with the brounds. If they take Abdul Carter and he's still there or Travis Hunter and he's still there, I'm completely fine with those two picks. All I'm going to say is if you're not fully sold on the quarterback, you don't have to take them. Because if the Browns take the wrong guy at quarterback, they are going to set their franchise back.
Speaker 3: For multiple years. They can't miss again on the quarterback.
Speaker 5: And that's why I say for Andrew Berry, this is his most important offseason as the general manager for the Browns.
Speaker 4: We think just thinking what else is in the room, because I'm thinking how to build a football team and I have to go out there and take snaps in September. So what else am I going to trot out there? If I don't take a quarterback high I'm asking, like, who's in the right room, Like we need someone.
Speaker 2: To take some money in free agency, get a.
Speaker 4: Guy, or I could take a young guy that I like or kind of like in cam Ord and say, let's see, now, I get you. It's it's a high pick and it's there's risk involved. But what else am I going to put on the field. I need someone to take back. Man, there's a good chance that the guy may actually pan out.
Speaker 1: He was a really good college player.
Speaker 4: Of all the quarterbacks in the draft, I think I like him the best. I think he is game ready right now. So I wouldn't hesitate if I'm Cleaveland to take a quarterback, especially if I needed one.
Speaker 1: And you know, Cody's point is, I get it, but don't take the wrong quarterback just for the sake of taking a quarterback you knew is you find a Jamis type and you put them out there and you try your best, and maybe you go six and eleven in the quarterback next year? What kills me? What kills me if a Browns fan is like, of course, we have the second overall pick in the non quarterback draft. We couldn't taken Jays Daniels last year. We couldn't. We could have taken Drake May. They were coming out of our ears last year, right outside the top anybody. But this is what my Garrett's talking about.
Speaker 4: Okay, so you're going to keep waiting to rebuild, and I'm just I'm putting in Hall of Fame numbers and we keep losing. You know, if you're going to keep doing this, I'm out. So it makes sense, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think they should sign a quarterback and free agency and take the best athlete at that spot. And even if you trade back a couple and get another first round pick or another second round pick, build your team. It's not just about one guy. And again we've seen that with Miles Garrett. One guy can't win you football games. Quarterback can't, if an edge rusher can't. With Miles Garrett, you got to build the entire team best athlete on the board.
Speaker 1: I actually don't hate Donald in Cleveland. That's what I'm And when you talk about free agency, I like the pairing there. I feel like Stefanski and O'Connell have a lot in common, and you know, they don't have the weapons that the Vikings do and they don't play in the dome. It's not ideal, but I don't hate Donald in Cleveland. And then how much for Donald, I mean probably a lot. It's what we keep hearing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we love watching prospects have their glow up over Combine weekend for those that didn't watch them in college. When their drafts, draft stock rise is. You get to know these guys, make a name for themselves. You fall in love with them before they get picked. That's how we feel about our next Yes, he is the first prospect on GMTB. Then we get to interview this offseason Arkansas at Dresser Landon Jackson. What's all awesome?
Speaker 1: Landon?
Speaker 3: Great to see you.
Speaker 1: How are you?
Speaker 7: I'm doing good?
Speaker 8: You know, I really excited about my performances past week. Just continue and get to work and being excited for the draft.
Speaker 2: I bet let's talk about that weekend that you had because you jumped through the roof and indy forty point five inch vertical jump.
Speaker 3: Were you blown.
Speaker 2: Away by that or was that the number that you had seen time and time again and you're just like, oh, same old thing.
Speaker 7: Not really blown away.
Speaker 8: I mean, I'll set in my goal at like thirty eight, thirty nine. Yeah, forty was real impressive.
Speaker 1: It's incredibly impressive. And I've just always such a goober for these things. When I see you guys who can jump that high at the Combine, I immediately think about you in the basketball court. Are you just a nasty dunker in Landin? You must be uh somewhat.
Speaker 8: You know my dad my dad's seven foot, my mom's six foot. They both played college sports. My dad was a college basketball player. So I guess I kind of get that from them.
Speaker 1: I like it. Cody, what do you got?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Well, I just want to know from someone that was at the Combine back in twenty sixteen, what was your biggest takeaway from the combined week, both on and off the field?
Speaker 3: How was it for you?
Speaker 7: Yeah, it's real time consuming.
Speaker 8: You know, you got to you got to make sure you're getting your sleep still, you know, doing it the right way because if you're not, I mean you could really affect your performance on the field because I mean you're not getting a whole lot of sleep.
Speaker 7: So that the times you get the opportunity, you got to use it.
Speaker 8: You know, make sure you're putting the right stuff in your body because a lot of people don't realize you're at the combine four days before your performance, so I mean, you really got to take care of your body for those four days.
Speaker 7: It's a whole lecture.
Speaker 8: We could train and you could take advantage of if you have your trainer up there too, So that's something I did those four days before the performance.
Speaker 5: Do they still have you doing interviews with teams until midnight and then having you wake up at four am the next morning?
Speaker 7: Yeah? Yeah.
Speaker 8: The cut off Tom was at like I think eleven thirty every night, and then we had to buy out five thirty six for medicals and everything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was rough.
Speaker 4: I remember those interviews and they would ask like, what's the best thing you do on the field. So I'll ask you, one defensive guy to another, what's the best thing you do on a football field?
Speaker 8: Yeah, I say my motor kind of takes over when I'm on the field. I really use a motor. I'm flying around, I'm on every place. So that's something you can't teach. And that's probably the biggest thing I kind of let these NFL coaches and scouts know.
Speaker 1: You know, when Miles Garrett came out years back, he was the number one overall pick and he was asked like, is there a quarterback you're looking forward to sacking in your career? You said, Ben Roethlisberg. It's just a really cool answer. As a Brown, that's the way that goes when you look at these quarterbacks and these guys you watched up grew up watching. Is there one you're like, Wow, that would be such an honor to to be able to sack them on Sundays?
Speaker 8: Yeah, definitely Lamar Jackson and Patrick Mahomes. Patrick Mahomes because he's from from Texas, so get him, and then Lamar Jackson be somebody that's I mean, it'd be really impressive to get the optinuity to sack him, no doubt.
Speaker 5: I'm curious too, going back to the combine, I remember getting some of those crazy questions. Do you remember what that crazy question was for you? Did you not get any of them?
Speaker 8: When?
Speaker 7: Yeah, really didn't. I was prepared for I mean, are you an apple er and orange?
Speaker 8: All different types of questions, but yeah, I didn't end up getting any.
Speaker 1: Okay, did you say.
Speaker 2: Your dad was seven feet tall?
Speaker 1: Is wow?
Speaker 2: That's that's a remarkable sized human and your mom is a six footer? That like, what tell us about the rest of your family? Do you have anyone sub six feet?
Speaker 8: No, not at all. I mean both brothers. Both of my brothers are my younger brother. He's at the University of Texas now plays the man and he's taller than me, so about six seven, and then I have an older brother who's about six five, so I mean, pretty impressive height in the family.
Speaker 1: That's really cool.
Speaker 2: We love the Jackson family and the fact that you guys are all over the football field.
Speaker 1: Landon.
Speaker 2: You stood out to me last week and watching your interviews. You have alopecia, and you're very open about this. My five and a half year old daughter has alopecia, and I just think it's incredible when somebody like you, who has the stature that you do and the presence that you do, you are very open about this diagnosis and the fact that you know people are aware of that about you and you just lead with it. When did you adopt this as a lifestyle that you can just openly say this is what I have, this is what I'm dealing with, And what's the message that you hope to deliver to young people?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Just really knowing how tough it was. I mean, really that age Rain is about five to ten. Going through that, it was really tough for me, you know, so my parents kind of let it be known at an early age. I mean, use it as a blessing and get back to people like yourself and make it easier for the younger and give them somebody to kind of look up to inspire.
Speaker 7: And yeah, so that's the biggest thing I've been trying to do.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 7: Every time I meet a.
Speaker 8: Kid with alopecia or get the opportunity to just i mean a mom reaches out or something, I always try getting on the phone having a conversation really let them know that it does get easier really to think of it as a blessing.
Speaker 7: You know, you're different than.
Speaker 8: You're unique in your own way, and so I really just try doing that for the kids, you know.
Speaker 7: I mean I'll sign cleats, give gloves. I mean I've.
Speaker 8: Donated to some of their I guess like sports organizations, pee wee football stuff like that. Yeah, it's really good to use this opportunity to kind of i mean show the world about it too, because I mean it's pretty common, but a lot of people don't really know about it, so yeah, kind of just let it be known.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, Landon, I also told her I showed her your picture and I was like, this man could jump over you. And that's exactly that's like just to scale like how talented he is and he has Lpcia's pretty cool.
Speaker 1: It's very cool. It's very cool. There's some other pictures you could show her too, Jamie, and that includes this man dressing up as a cowboy and a game show host. What am I saying? Every October? You and your wife go for it big on Halloween. There's a snake in my boot? Which is your favorite one? In which which one landed? Did you feel the most at home? And if we show so some of them?
Speaker 8: Man, I actually don't have my favorite one. I don't think because I think I showed these at the combine. My favorite one I was. It was our junior year of high school and I was mister Clean and so yeah, this one was pretty good as well. But now mister Clean was by far my favorite.
Speaker 1: You have the big ear ring and like the white T shirt and the shine.
Speaker 5: I know it's only March, but do we have the ideas already for what Halloween's going to look like this year?
Speaker 8: No, we're trying to really trying to, I guess prepare that especially first team in the league, so trying to make it big.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you're got an NFL player, Now you gotta go, you gotta go.
Speaker 7: Bi big Man.
Speaker 4: Fifty one days out. I know this process is crazy. What combines over so that pressure is off. So from here on out, how you handling the pressure?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 8: Really just staying focused, keeping the main thing the main thing, and trying to go as hot.
Speaker 7: As I can.
Speaker 8: You know, be a a blessing for whatever team drafts me and make it an media impact wherever I go.
Speaker 2: Landon, You're awesome. We love getting to know you today. And like we always say, we have a lot of prospects on in the next two months, and you're first on the board now always trivia answer to follow first prospect of twenty twenty five for Uslanta Jackson, everybody out of Arkansas awesome to get to know you, man.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me. It was a great opportunity.
Speaker 2: You're my favorite de people, land and everybody can jump through the roof forty point five.
Speaker 1: Here we go.
Speaker 7: I love this game.
Speaker 2: I love I love the glasses that you wear.
Speaker 1: Yeah, don't make fun of me.
Speaker 4: See across a certain age, you got to start wearing the glass.
Speaker 1: Yeah sorreal you think so?
Speaker 4: Everybody says that I look like Uncle Phil from the Fresh Print, So they said, there you go.
Speaker 1: Are we just gonna go.
Speaker 4: This is called two lies in the truth, right, So there's gonna be two lies and one truth on this thing.
Speaker 1: So let's get this guy here. There's a lot to me, So here we go.
Speaker 4: I am the third cousin of a former NBA player named Rod Strickland. So that's number one, okay, b During my rookie season, Rams quarterback Chris Miller, friend of mine, filled my car with popcorn at training camp.
Speaker 1: And then see the first thing.
Speaker 4: I bought with my NFL siding bonus is a crossbow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, I just want to shout out some love to Rod Strickland, a fantastic point guard for the Portland Trailblazers for a long time Jordan era, great player, stoneface, though I don't see that in you. I don't. I think this one is a lie. I'm gonna say, guys, the one of these that is actually real is I'm gonna go with the popcorn at training camp, I'm gonna say be is real, and the other two or nonsense.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm gonna agree with Kyle on this one because being in the NFL, they always like to mess with the rookie. So I'm gonna go with me as well. I think they put popcorn a popcorn in your car.
Speaker 2: Well, I would love to see a photo of a rookies pop car filled with popcorn. I also want to see a photo of you holding a crossbow.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go with see.
Speaker 2: I hope that's the truth.
Speaker 4: And you would be right. Yeah, So I didn't know this. I got like thirty grand to sign and that was like the highest signing moments of any undrafted rookie free agent.
Speaker 1: So I was so happy he had money in the bank.
Speaker 4: First thing we did, we went to Big five and bought across Both. It was great, loved it, Big bing Yah Chabacca. And then it was raining in Seattle, so we couldn't go outside, so we shot the.
Speaker 1: Thing in the house nice in the fire party.
Speaker 4: Why, of all things across both because I've always wanted one. I've always wanted a cross because they're cool, Aren't they cool?
Speaker 2: Aren't very He looked at you over the bus.
Speaker 1: They're cool.
Speaker 5: God's a great story to tell you.
Speaker 4: To the fireplace in Seattle. It's great, all right, A lot of I was a drummer and a rock band called ASP asked with a thank you very much, I had a pet chinchilla in college named Herschel, herschel Walker, friend of mine. Uh My first car was a green Dodge and with the license plates that read far out awesome.
Speaker 1: Where's a lie? Listen, I know where's the truth or where's the truth? Because I know the GMFB production staff pretty well. They're getting pretty cute with this. I think this is sense. I hope it's true. Does this look like a drummer? I think too much presence to be behind the kit. I think you're up front, are playing guitar. So I'm going to say you had a chinchilla named Herschel. That's that's my that's my pick. And you're laughing. Iritis means I'm wrong.
Speaker 5: I agree with see, I thought that was no joke obvious.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go with a.
Speaker 5: I'm going to say that you were in drummery Bine Crossbows and you're a cool guy.
Speaker 2: Well, and he's humming all the time, very musical to our car.
Speaker 7: I too, will go with A and A.
Speaker 4: This is definitely a lie. Okay, this this don't fit. Yeah, you need a charger. Never had a chinchilla? Yes, old ass, and we called it. Asked you guys remember Raiders of the Lost Artists when he falls into the pit with all the snakes. They're asked. So we were like, we need a rock band, we need a name that people like and it's scary.
Speaker 1: Let's go with Aspake. I thought, there coras and stuff. It was asps see down there?
Speaker 5: How many time, old man, how many times have you had to say with a pen tons?
Speaker 4: Imagine this in the eighth grade? And our band is asp yeah child playing well yes. And the rehearsals were always at my house.
Speaker 1: Because who covers our originals covers covering a lot of scorpions playing.
Speaker 4: We did a lot of scorpions and a lot of the romantics.
Speaker 1: This is awesome, good stuff.
Speaker 4: In the garage because it was yeah, that was my song.
Speaker 1: That was me.
Speaker 4: Yeah I did, I say as a drummer, there you go. Awesome, All right, move on to the last one. Here we go. Our first job was working concessions for Bill Graham Productions does a lot of concerts. I was a part of the cast the Longest Yard had to drop out because of a knee injury.
Speaker 1: It still hurts.
Speaker 4: I beat Jerome Bettis bowling during my rookie season.
Speaker 1: During a team outing, where's the truth? All right? I had to set the table with this. There's a lot of pressure on this one because this crossbow buying rock drummer is pretty cool, like that's yeah, you're an ass when you got a bow and the Shubacca like this is so whatever. This has to be awesome beating bowling, and the bus is a really good bowler. We know that. I think actually just the Sandler longest shared. I guess then for some reason, I think it's a and I'm not going to tell you why, but I think it's a you worked at concessions for like stadium events.
Speaker 5: I am going back to what happened with my two lies in the Truth about Thieus seven, So I think b is out that that's similar to what they did with me.
Speaker 3: I am going to agree with Colin this one. I'm gonna go with A. I bet it is as well.
Speaker 2: I think you were cast in a movie, because no matter what movie it is.
Speaker 3: That's a cool sentence.
Speaker 2: I was cast in a movie. And he did say the knee injury still hurt, So if you were listening, then maybe it's bise.
Speaker 1: I did get asked. I was not cash.
Speaker 4: I said no, because I had too much of a gut and I felt bad about the uniform, so that that's not true. I did not beat Jerome Bettis bowler. Yeah, eas a three hundred bowler. It's just not going to happen. So I did work for Bill Graham Productions.
Speaker 1: At the selling food.
Speaker 4: It was fun. So I did a lot of concerts, Simple Minds. There was a heavy metal toor that came through a lot of rap concerts, so I had to sell the food inside the stadium.
Speaker 1: It was fun.
Speaker 4: And one time at the Berkeley Greek Theater it was Depeche Mode playing and they were short of bodyguard, so they're getting mobbed and their manager goes, hey, you big dude, get in front and get us out of here. So we had to like usher them out the door and like for that three hours we're waiting for the bus to show up. We became pretty cool friends. Yeah, good music, hash Mode, they were personal Jesus, Yes, I loved it. I was trying to explain, like American football, Yeah, that was.
Speaker 1: What concessions were you selling.
Speaker 4: Let's see for it varied for different events, so we had like The Grateful Dead. It was a lot of snacks, a lot of stuff that you can get that right away, you can eat right away. Other stuff like dogs, you know, pretzels, everything you buy a concert, whether any left.
Speaker 1: For the customers? Are you trying to say? Look at you?
Speaker 4: Look at too, and you walk away?
Speaker 1: Come on, I might drive.
Speaker 4: Oh the best one?
Speaker 1: That cool? I don't know what he was reading. Cool, Yes he was, he was.
Speaker 2: He was a nice guy drumming crossbow.
Speaker 1: Using drummer to the left handed. This guy's amazing.
Speaker 2: Everyone's doing this as we talk about drumming. And he demark was like, no, cross it all all this stuff with the right that's the last thing on the list. Two lives of the truth. That's fantastic with the.
Speaker 1: Ring on, Like, that's that's the you got it all going?
Speaker 3: Do you still have the crossbow and the.
Speaker 1: Bows still in Seattle?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 1: Yeah, in a lensils. Okay, it never made it out of that house.
Speaker 2: Did you lose your safety deposit on that place? No, that's good. Good look at him, Standy's not a little PARTI