Speaker 1: The following is a production of Dallas Cowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club. This is the Players Lounge, broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts Barry Church, Heckma Harrison, de Montrey Moore, and Newie Scruggs.
Speaker 2: It is that time, everybody.
Speaker 3: Hello, Welcome into the Players Lounge, brought to you by Aristo Crack Gaming. The game is all Oh, you got HECKM Harrison here, Wiggles, got that Darius.
Speaker 4: Slay Supership, Yeah, I see the Philly Dalen Hurts.
Speaker 2: He just joined squad. Other boys? Are you serious? We're gonna do this, y'all know, like he did, go ahead and introduce the rest of.
Speaker 5: The going around around Maggy form a cowboy got buried Church for a cowboy, I struggs.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, all right boy, I'm crazy man. Let me take my head off.
Speaker 5: Y'all don really like that. I'm like, I'm not gonna stop wearing my green. Okay, this is my this is my uni. Okay, you've been rocking green for about the week, you know, ever since at one.
Speaker 2: Store the bird hold on give him so much. I don't know that they don't know about the time. I don't know nothing about the time. You don't know nothing about exactly. This is your own. Don't leave his own more fans.
Speaker 6: He's not there no more so. I mean, I guess now you're a saint. Guys, what they got?
Speaker 2: How much money do they have? Here's a new bag. You get a bag. You get a bag, You get a bag.
Speaker 5: Mars was not he saw the bag, so the SAQ one bag? Was we going to the courthouse? No ceremony needed, No we going to the courthouse. Don't even worry about it. We ain't gonna make this mistake. Go ahead, and this, this is the first mistake we made. We're gonna re up this because we already know how we got to the super Bowl was on them legs.
Speaker 2: Speak on it, okay, what he say back in the day, we got some good thing here.
Speaker 6: When you got a good thing, you gotta lock it down right away.
Speaker 2: No need to know. You just show up at Auntie. How you be like? I didn't know y'all was married to.
Speaker 5: The How is my man in New York still have a job? Man?
Speaker 2: What was his name? Martin?
Speaker 5: That mar.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you how you got a job.
Speaker 6: His son, you've seen his son made the calling who he said he should have drafted, and look what happened. He said. They said, hey, you listen to your son. Take this pic this year your last struct should be listening to it.
Speaker 5: Joe Shane, Giants, Jim got Let's be nice, must be nice, must be nice?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 2: How many?
Speaker 5: How many times can you make a mistake and you see it pay off on another team?
Speaker 2: You see.
Speaker 5: Where is Daniel Joe? He's somebody back up? Dis Wow, you hate to see it.
Speaker 7: Damn Joe always like, hey there's Nico. Wow, exactly, get it out, get off.
Speaker 2: It can always be worse. It can all you know the Murphy's law.
Speaker 5: The Murphy's law is it relates to the MAVs is never mind, not gonna do this.
Speaker 2: It's a different day, different day, different show. Let's go, let's go.
Speaker 3: Because somebody brought up Nico Harrison and I said, you see the Giants.
Speaker 2: Gym said, y'all will go. Spike guy. His owner was like, I'm mad if I see him in Philly.
Speaker 3: So not only did you see him in Philly, you saw him running up and down against you and Philly see the guy hoisting the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: You know that historic historic was.
Speaker 3: That's what's happening in the NFC East with the team that won the division and then the team also made the wild card whose former coaches Dan Quinn, who's former defensive coordinators, former assistant Joe Witt Jr.
Speaker 2: They went out and got Deebo Samuel's a wide receiver.
Speaker 5: They got gifted depot gifted gift for thank you, that's.
Speaker 2: The fourth You're just not gonna let that go. Hell, you just.
Speaker 5: Half catches. Oh wow, But that was That's why That's why I say it was gifted. That's why I say it was gifted because it's like a fifth for a fifth of Debo in that offense. I don't care what happened with Debo overweight. All that he's gonna be in shape when he show up for for OTA's. He gonna be in shape with that first game of the season. I mean, can you imagine with that with what they have offensively already, and to mix in Deebo Samuels with that, I mean.
Speaker 2: Hey, it's about to get spooky.
Speaker 6: They just gave They just gave Cliff Kingsbury de bo yar Bro. You know how it is when you get cut, you get cut, you go to a new it's that new fresh.
Speaker 2: Grad like I gotta go, I gotta go.
Speaker 6: Let my old girlfriend know, Hey, I got this line up, Chris got it.
Speaker 2: I'm here.
Speaker 6: Debo is about to come over there. And if he comes back in peak performance, and add.
Speaker 5: That he doesn't have to be the number one guy, he don't have to. But you got scary Terry out there.
Speaker 2: You can double everything, Hayden, you can't double everybody. It's gonna be interesting. They're gonna be able to spread the field.
Speaker 3: They definitely so their their general manager in Washington was in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: So Adam Peters, Yes, shout out to my dog.
Speaker 3: He has he has a knowledge of what Samuel can do.
Speaker 2: And so.
Speaker 3: But but notice it when when I was reading social media, I know if you caught some of the comments, people were trying to defend cowboys and saying that, hey, you know you got him for a five because of the money. Like I said, it's not it's not. It's not apples to apples, and Mingo was on a low contract and mainly were fighting fighting Clarence hill Man.
Speaker 2: You know what, look sometimes you just read it, have an opinion.
Speaker 3: I just read Cowboy fans that were trying to say, no, it's wrong, and clans you can't say it's the same. But what your initial reaction is A fifth Mingo four, make it make sense? And Cowboy fan several of them were saying because Mingo's younger, cheaper, therefore the pick was higher, have have not yeah, versus proven player who's been to Super Bowls.
Speaker 2: Two, they gotta pick up twenty two on it, right? Twenty two is that that's not.
Speaker 5: That's not a crazy number for a extremely solid See I ain't gonna say he's, you know, top three, top five, but he's an extremely solid receiver out there.
Speaker 2: Twenty two, that's that's not a bad deal.
Speaker 5: But what I think, what I think, just piggybacking on that, is I believe that he's in the league of his own as far as how he can transform from a slot to a running back.
Speaker 2: He's dangerous in that way.
Speaker 5: Short yardage guy, and that's what that's what the commanders are getting. And that's why it's like when you're sitting back as a Cowboy fans like, damn, it's embarrassment of riches. You get debo for the commanders in the way that now he's able to maneuver in that offense. I mean, the NFC East is gonna be often. It's changed very offensively. You better get you better get your defensives ready. Uh if you're in the NFC's is that why they paid uh Od's us so much?
Speaker 6: Because they've seen all the weapons that are coming to the place. You know, it's solidified defense. I was hoping you was gonna tell me, you tell me. I mean to be honest with you. It's no slack to him. He looking at his numbers. He's dependable, he's been there, he's been a starter since he's been here consistently.
Speaker 2: You're young, and what from.
Speaker 6: What I'm hearing about his leadership in the locker room that you can't keep letting all your talent go. Now, does he deserve the bag and this and that? I think he definitely deserves the bag. And if he didn't get it here, he was going to get that somewhere else. So like the Cowboys was like, hey, lock it up now. The only other thing about that is you got Mic on the other side. If I'm looking at Mike, if I'm Michaeh, I'm calling my agent and be like, hey, I know we say we're gonna make this work and build this team up, but uh that the bag just got bigger. If that made sense, If you paid him that, what does that say about me? And if you come anywhere close to that number what you gave him for what I've done and the accolades that I've already proven, I'm feeling slighted as a player. But then that also goes to see, we're gonna find out how are you really a team guy?
Speaker 2: If that makes sense.
Speaker 6: So as far as paying him, I think the Cowboys did right by solidifying a defense that when if you don't know if you can afford Micah and if he's gonna go, then yes, like don't let all my horses leave the stable. I think it was a desperate move, but you know what, they were desperate.
Speaker 3: Steven Jones talked about it yesterday the press. Come, yeah, we didn't, he said, if we don't have anybody else after Osis, Mazi, Mazi Mazi, That's what he said.
Speaker 2: So if anything.
Speaker 3: Olso to me left money on the table by not going to free agency.
Speaker 2: He definitely did.
Speaker 6: But that lets you know that one first of all, you're in Dallas America's team. If you get paid the money here off the field, all that stuff is gonna be something. But did he really leave money on the table. He left money. He could have caught a couple extra ten, maybe twenty somewhere else or something like that. Or he could have strong going the Cowboys with them being as desperate as they are, which.
Speaker 2: I felt like he did strong gardment.
Speaker 6: That's why the number is like when everybody when that contract, everybody knew he was gonna get paid, but when the numbers came out, everybody was like, you don't think he was back there? He said, Hey, I'm gonna loosen up this niggie on you real quick and go ahead and take that discount.
Speaker 2: And so great job for him. I think they overpaid him.
Speaker 6: I think they should have let him walk because you could have spent that money elsewhere.
Speaker 2: You gotta pay Micah and then.
Speaker 6: Potentially was going to be out there at this upcoming free agency with all the trades and stuff.
Speaker 2: So I'll disagree with you.
Speaker 3: And I said, from this standpoint, you let him walk away, who are you replacing him with. We haven't seen a plan that said, hey this person is you know if ibra Flus had somebody in mind or the team being known, you got to float out there.
Speaker 2: It would Hey, there's interest here. You didn't hear that, you didn't And that's what that's what that's a double a sword because.
Speaker 6: Even though you didn't, you didn't hear that, you still gotta pay Micah.
Speaker 2: And then there's but they've always said that. Knowing that, I mean, that's that's been the case. He's still going to get paid.
Speaker 6: So we know he's gonna get paid. Will he get paid the bag that he truly deserves? And then once you pay him, are you gonna have money to pay other people?
Speaker 3: Tell me the last guy Jerry Wanton who didn't get the full back?
Speaker 2: It that's true, I mean, but go down, go down the list.
Speaker 3: No, who is the last guy where they I mean eight player agent didn't come in there set in the market. They just don't do deals for their top guy. They set the market.
Speaker 2: CD, he didn't take you, CD didn't go.
Speaker 3: Well, he's going to be the fourth No that everybody come in everybody? Yeah that so, Travis Frederick, that is true, And that's what I'm saying. Once you set the market, you've already paid. Oh this money, DZU.
Speaker 6: With this money, you're gonna set the market with Michael because he's gonna get what he's gonna get. But then after that, where's the rest of the bag. There's still other holes that need to be filled.
Speaker 5: Can we can we talk about production, that's all, you know, And let's talk about production from a player standpoint. And Osa if he got over on him, if he if he should have you know, sat in a little longer to see if there was anything extra. Maybe so yeah, maybe so, Maybe he didn't shop his deal with other teams. I think when the Cowboys came to the table with their deal, his his pen could hit the path quickly to sign it and get on with me. You know, I'll but but but my my apprehension on it was based off of production alone. That's all I'm saying. And I didn't and I'm sure Steven wasn't saying that. He was what was the word you use it? Desperate they were, And he wasn't desperate in negotiation. He probably was trying to be you know, a strong arm Osa as well. But it's it reeks of player development, It reeks of what are you looking at in the draft. It reeks of our inability to bring in free agents that are worth the assault that can help us. You pay a guy that you don't think that you were probably on the fence with as far as his production is concerned, but also you're not shopping that deal looking at other guys that are out there that are available to you because free agency. Free agency is about to start. That was my only thing, and yes, Osa is the guy. I mean, excuse me, my Mazie is all that you have. And if you're gonna point to that, then obviously that puts you in a state of desperation. That puts you in a state of desperation not only from a free agency standpoint, but also in draft. What you're gonna draft and rounds one through three is what I want to see because if you don't come out to shoot with a defensive lineman or offensive something, you got to show in these first three picks that you have where what your needs are. And it's all in the trenches for the Cowboys.
Speaker 6: So who would have been out there on free agency?
Speaker 2: It's the perfect storm. We all know it.
Speaker 6: There are players that we feel that don't deserve it, bag that do deserve it, bag off of him, being dependable, consistent and being there, what's out there?
Speaker 2: Who are you really going to be bringing that's that much better than him?
Speaker 6: And that's dependable and you know what you're getting, because we also know that once you get the bag, you have that fear of like will you get complacent or will that make you more motivated?
Speaker 5: But de Montreal we got thirty one other teams that you can see that are making moves that don't just sit on their hands and say for who, for what?
Speaker 6: Yeah, make a move, make a move. And this was the Cowboys making a move. And that's why I said, was it the right move that a lot of fans wanted? No, But in the eyes, you can't be mad because now this is the one thing that the Cowboys have been saying for a year. Go get your guy, do it right now, and pay that guy. And when it came up time to say for this guy, they said that was their guy and they paid for him.
Speaker 2: Once again, they waited too late. Yeah, the time to do this was last year.
Speaker 7: It definitely was with other players you could have got well, but just oh so loan oh saloon.
Speaker 2: You could have got him at a cheaper price last year.
Speaker 3: But going into you know, you wanted to make a guy prove it and okay.
Speaker 2: And you wanted to take care of Dak and see the lamb. So you waited. So this is the cost of waiting.
Speaker 3: The price went up, and we can debate all day like, hey, man, no, it's ain't.
Speaker 2: Aaron Donell Part two, Chris Jones, You no, no, but.
Speaker 3: You need a defensive tackle. You didn't have anything else. And before you let him walk out of the door for nothing, pay this man and at least you have something. Because ebra Flus needs and this defense. You need this player. So therefore the value of the player for them that it increased.
Speaker 2: Yea perfect storm.
Speaker 3: And exactly perfect storm. So he was a free agent, he had a great year, he was healthy. You bring him at Ebraflus.
Speaker 6: The demand, Hey, why that's why if I understand why he didn't go to free agency.
Speaker 2: In an eber Flu's defense.
Speaker 6: That like the wife front is the four demon lineman. All this about it is just penetration. Can you cause gap? And can I get linebackers to feel the holes right there? And if that guy is that guy, it's like, oh man, I'm about to be making plays, I'm about to be getting sacked. I got paid the money, so I'm going to have the opportunity and once again here on America's team. The tension that's going to be there to you, the pressure. If I'm him, I'm like, hey, this is one I'm about to elevate.
Speaker 2: Pressure. Make diamonds a bus pipes.
Speaker 7: Right now, and no state taxes exactly, exactly, a perfect the perfect perfect storm.
Speaker 5: You hit free agency at a time where the Cowboys desperately needed a defensive tackle. You hit a high mark twenty something a year. No state tax isn't for him, It's I'm good. I ain't got to move my house. We get a bigger house outside looking at we ain't part of the organization outside looking in, man, did they feel the need?
Speaker 2: Did they?
Speaker 5: Because if you look at the rest of the division, for being completely honest, that's what we do here on the on the players line, also, Diggi Zua is a rotational player for the Philadelphias. He's a rotational player for the Washington Commanders. He may start with the New Yorkers. They got that big Boyonaire as well in the New York defensive line. Did they feel that need with Odiggezua here with the Dallas cow because that's not mister you said. He had a great year. He was also part of the defensive line that was getting ran through. Okay, Like I'm just just just play alone. I'm just looking at I'm I'm definitely there with you.
Speaker 6: But like you said, I can't let everything go when everything is real and breaking down and so on the outside looking in, I'm gonna be like, dang, this is true. That's why I asked you, I said, I don't think as a fan, I would be like, yo, we shouldn't have paid them that much. We should have just let him go out there because he would have got it in another conference, but not over here for what we need.
Speaker 2: But then it's like you're rolling the dice. He really want to do?
Speaker 6: I really want to go over there and wait for the girl that might not give me a date. When I got the girl that's consistent, that is here, right and potentially, when.
Speaker 2: You're the last one, you're the last one. This is the last call. This is the last call. Look at you down there at the end of the war. Come with me, guys.
Speaker 6: Hey, I'm telling you right now, I be mad if this turns into Cinderella.
Speaker 5: You think so he could, and you're talking about you're talking about it from a scheme standpoint. You're talking about from scheme standpoint, and abra flu scheme is going to accentuate some of the talents, some of the things that he already has in his wheelhouse. I look at him when he played with dan Quinn. You know, he had an opportunity under dan Quinn and then you still had a defense that was left more to be desired in the running game, stopping the run as well. So look, he has he can always All these guys have built in excuses. Three different defensive coordinators in the last three seasons. Oh have we not seen the best of them? Okay, and he got the bag. Now we get an opportunity. Now we get an opportunity to really judge. And let's just be honest. Let's be black and white. Now, all right, black and white.
Speaker 6: Now, if you don't show up, I'm gonna be the first one to say, hey, he came in there, no ask on and said hey, drop out, or he's gonna be exactly.
Speaker 2: Say he gonna come in there. Let's get a break his key. Let's get a break in his Zach Martinsen no masks, no mask.
Speaker 3: Zach Martin's retired for the Dallas Cowboys. We'll reflect on your former teammate, Berry Church Server or next.
Speaker 2: Heck Maherrison is here. I'm new he Scruggs players.
Speaker 3: I was bought you by Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot Com.
Speaker 8: Hey there, Cowboys Nation.
Speaker 9: Kyle Yeoman's here sharing that same team that brought you Buffalo bringing NFL casino games that show America's team on and off the reels. Aristocrat is changing the game with a new experience football fans. This means you can pick your team and play your team. Check out the Cowboys theme casino games developed by Aristocrat, a brown sponsor of the Dallas Cowboys. Gambling problem, please contact the US National Problem Gambling Helpline at one eight hundred gambler that's one eight hundred g a m b l e R for twenty one over.
Speaker 1: Dallas Boys game Day is brought to you by Captain Morgan, the official spiced rum of the NFL. The NFL season is full of legendary tales on and off the field, and when you follow the Captain within you stories become stuff of legends. So gather your crew and visit follow the Captain dot com to begin your adventure. Please drink responsibly. Captain Morgan Original Spiced Rum thirty five percent alcohol by volume. Captain Morgan Rum Company, New York, New York.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus Because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 8: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 10: Raising presents the other rules of football. Rule one, any broadcast without the express edition of cook to Order Cane's Chicken Fingers is prohibited.
Speaker 8: Rule twelve, no crinkle cut.
Speaker 10: Fries, Texas toast or cravable cane sauce constitutes an illegal formation.
Speaker 2: And Rule thirty one.
Speaker 10: Anybody who loves to feed their game face is an eligible receiver of canes when it comes to winning game day canes, rules, raising canes, chicken fingers, one love, go Cowboys.
Speaker 1: To the players Lounge.
Speaker 5: The first ever long Star Smokeout is coming to Arlington. Watch headliners John Party, Cody Jinks, Midland and Moore.
Speaker 2: At the three day Alcohol Country Music Festival. I don't you want to know?
Speaker 5: Plus enjoy barbecue from some of the best pitmasters in the country. Get your tickets today at sea geek dot com, the official ticketing partner at AT and T Stadium.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm out there to give me some good.
Speaker 5: Get brisket, Yes, brisket, to smoke out, brisket.
Speaker 2: Baby you got teaching? They won't, No, they won't, baby chicken. Oh I was trying, Zach. I give my board last I love it, I love it. I love it regularly. May know why, Baby Tech, Maharrison, tray more Bury.
Speaker 3: Church, brought you by Aristocrat Gaming. Where is it in today's professional sport? A player retires and everyone, everyone unanimously says, first ballot, Hall of Fame. We don't even it's just boom, Mike drop, Hall of next stop.
Speaker 2: Hall of Fame. That happened yesterday at the Star.
Speaker 3: When Zach Martin retired from the Dallas Cowboys and Barry Church, Treymore. You all played with one Zach Martin, number seventy, So I'll turn the floor over to you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I had the pleasure of being Zach's teammate for three year his first three years in the league before I went to Jacksonville. And you know, you hear it all the time, kind of corny coach talk about, you know, first in the room, last the league, you know, the hardest working. But this is true when you talk about Zach Martin and exactly what he personified as a professional out there.
Speaker 2: He wasn't a big raw rock guy that you know, bring up the troops Cowboys on three. You know we're gonna do that. He wasn't that.
Speaker 5: He was a lead by example, and he showed each and every one of those young guys behind him how to be great when you go out there. I mean, the guy has more with all Pros or Pro Bowls than holding.
Speaker 2: Penalties out there. And he's been like that since day one.
Speaker 5: All right, Like my welcome to the League moment happened four years after I got to lead by rookie, which is crazy, And I'm talking about Zach Martin here.
Speaker 2: You know we're coming out and nature. You know the cow, but they try to do that. You got to earn your position. You gotta learn this thing. Man. By day three, Zach Martin was running with the ones. So I'll never forget it. Man. We in cover three and in cover three the strong safety. You come down.
Speaker 5: You got the force, which means you gotta make the running back, cut back inside.
Speaker 2: But just socks. It's a power.
Speaker 5: Play, which means the Marko Murray's gonna do his little counterstep and it come to the outside. And in power play you also get the guard that pulls as well. In this situation, it happened to be Zach Martin. So I'm reading it. I'm like, oh, I got this. I'm coming down here. I'm gonna either make this play or I'm gonna force it back to the rest of my help. On a defensive line, I see Zach Martin pulling.
Speaker 2: I'm like, oh, this.
Speaker 5: Young rookie, I don't know what the heck is going on, But as he getting close one, you got a lot ahead of steam. Won't me put my shoulder in there? At least study him up a little bit. Man, When I tell you. This man knocked me from the hash marks, damn near to the numbers. It was that real a that's a long ways. And I remember the old Martin sitcom back in the night when Martin would get tossed and then it'd be like cut to a rag dog man.
Speaker 2: That was me, all right, And I'm.
Speaker 5: Like our parallel My feet are parallel to the ground, and I'm just in the air.
Speaker 2: This dude didn't do me like that.
Speaker 5: So soon as I hit the ground, you know, I hop back up, Marion Nelle, you know, don't lay on the ground.
Speaker 2: All my teammates like, yeah.
Speaker 5: Good job forcing it back, Church, good job forcing everything back.
Speaker 2: Scam all those boys they hyping me. Yeah, yeah, good job. So then we get to the.
Speaker 5: To the meeting room after practice, you know, no dog club, and you know what it is.
Speaker 2: And you know, Garrett, we always talk about it.
Speaker 5: He got this damn Garrett vision where he breaks down these plays after practice.
Speaker 2: So you know, he bring his old laser pin out there, he's circling it.
Speaker 5: This is what we want right here, gentlemen, you'll see this right here, This is what we want.
Speaker 2: Circling that play. He rewounded probably about four or five times. This is the physicality we need.
Speaker 5: I'm just flying back and forth every time, and I'm sitting there and I'm.
Speaker 2: Mad as hell. Rewind rewind Look this thing back, look right here. Look it looks better at slow. Cut this thing back one more time. Be mad. Of course, he cut it back one more time. I stood up, and.
Speaker 5: You do that thing again. I'm gonna cut your big ass. I'm talking to everybody, start dying, laughing all your his feelings now, But nah, it just to bring it back to Zach. After all, that is man, This dude is the ultimate professional. And I'm glad I was his teammate in those early years and you know his play the rest of his history Hall of Fame career. But man, slewte to that man because he's one of those ones. He's one of the great ones that I've ever seen play the game at his position.
Speaker 2: I bet you saluted him. I was in his career. I thought it was bad. I didn't get that hit that bad and you hurt. You heard I was parallel to the ground. Ain't got the.
Speaker 5: Tails that way, all right, man, Like, don't be boring your helmet hitting these guys like that.
Speaker 2: I was sick, But it happened.
Speaker 6: I'm telling you for me like it's personal, because not only was it we teammates, but I had to go up against this guy. Not only did I have to go against him as a teammate, but I got to see him on the other side.
Speaker 2: Of the ball when I was at the Johnson.
Speaker 6: So for him to come in and be the guy that he is, the Cowboys has this history of lineage of going and getting office linemen and getting them while they're young and putting them behind other people. So for him to come in. You got Tyron Smith that everybody's talking about. You got Travis Frederick that they're talking about. You got them talking about, Hey, you remember the old Cowboys when they had be Waters and them. Oh man, they Larry Allen. They've been moving stuff since, moving stuff. And then all of a sudden they talk about Zach Martin, he getting drafted there and this and that, and I'm like, ain't over really gonna I don't care what y'all talking about, Like I'm about to go in here and sosce him up. And when I tell you, I wasn't going against him like that. But when I seen him on film and they said them cross stunts and we had to run a text I was like, oh, snapt as soon as I come in here, ain't no rookie gonna touch me. I came in and when I tell you that boy hit me with a stone wall. And it was like like now you walk into a door and then you like, oh, it's the wrong way.
Speaker 2: This is like.
Speaker 6: It was like that, and I had to stop and just deva and I was like, yeah, coach, hey, from now on, can we do a text stunt please, like make the tackle go for y'all or don't know, make the tackle go first, clean that up, make sure his hands ain't on me.
Speaker 2: So I can get here Scott free. And just it's a testament to him.
Speaker 6: You always had him on the game plan for It's very few guys that you come in day one and you say, hey, that's the guy that we're watching. He commanded that respect on the line that was with a prime Tyron Smith, a prime Travis Frederick. Like he bought these guys in and like you said, it's very rare that somebody spends their whole career with somebody and for you to drop the mic like that, it was like, oh, man, seeing them on the other side in that sky report. But when I got here to see who he was, I thought he was going to be nasty. I thought he was going to be violent everything that he was on the field. But he was the gentle giant. He don't he don't like he said, He don't say much, he don't none of the offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: Let's get that straight here.
Speaker 6: The Cowboys talk like that, they've always was the silent killer. But to see him and I come over there, joke with him and this and that, and he'll just go out here, go to practice, go through the motion. But then all of a sudden, it's like Goku, he just turns up out of nowhere and go super Saiyan.
Speaker 2: It hit you with something you like? My bad bro? He just practice, chill out.
Speaker 6: And so for him to go do that be a unanimous Hall of famer one My hat goes off to him. I saluted him as a competitor, but I even gained a bigger, more found respect for him as a teammate because he really was the last the first guy in the last guy out like him in Tynment, they're all pulling up, all the greats they pull up together. They taught him that tradition, and not only did they teach him the tradition, he embraced it and took it further than beyond. Like you said, Perennial Pro Bowl, he's been like, how many holding calls does he have in his career? Less than ten digits? And then all on seven holding calls in your whole career with the same team, Like, that's what everybody. The only thing that he's missing is a Super Bowl. But as far as like individually wise, he's done that and more. He's like when everybody gave their flowers to Aaron Donald and said your generational talent, that's the same conversation that everybody around the league should be having about Zach Martin.
Speaker 2: All players are having that, the fan base is having that.
Speaker 6: So for him, salute well done, go into the Ring of Honor, and when you get that gold jacket. Man, I just hope they showed me on the highlight tape so I can say I was around great.
Speaker 3: Go YouTube the Senior Bowl practice between Aaron Donald and.
Speaker 6: Zachly that's crazy, that's crazy to think about.
Speaker 2: I didn't even think about it. Heck, what you got on. Look.
Speaker 5: I love the fact that a generational player gets an opportunity to get his flowers in real time, and it's done a lot of times. Not a lot of times. Great players don't get that. And you know, I just go back to draft night when we could have done much worse and and went Johnny Manziel instead of Zach Martin. Thank God for all those You're okay, it's okay, it's it's you know, it's it's it was a good it was one of the best decisions ever made a cowboy.
Speaker 2: You know that that we went Zach Martin.
Speaker 5: And man, just watching him as you know, when you you understand that you're watching greatness, you're watching the guy in real time actually be dominant over other grown men playing this game. And you know, my conversations about Zach Martin. I've had these conversations with my uncle Joe Green about Zach Martin and his eye quote he could have played during our time.
Speaker 2: And that's that's something crazy, and that's.
Speaker 5: Something that you know when I when I've talked to Zach, I've told him, Man, look, I got to tell you what uncle said about you, you know, and he's just a great player, great player to watch, a great player. When you go back and you watch trench and I've always told you, guys, trench warfare. When I'm calling a game, I'm watching the trenches. And when I'm watching a game, I'm watching the trenches. And Number seventy has always been that dude that has dominated his one on ones. He's dominated when he's pulling. You see guys get to the carpet when Number seventy is coming. And that's just the respect that guys have for you. And when you hear guys like yourselves talking about him, that's echoed all around the league. And what the words has been about Zach Martin sou Man. I got ticked off last season when he was getting a lot of criticism and it was only because of who he has been consistently as a pro. So man, that's yeah, right there, you hit it. That's what makes this so great right now because the flac that he did get last year and like to see everybody, we know it's a turn turn lead for him to immediately announce that retirement and get his flowers, it's like it's a full circle moment, like, oh, y'all really do love me, y'all do appreciate me, Like as a player, that's great, but then not the one thing that we're talking about him as a player. But I think we all four can agree on this, not only as great of a player, he is the person, the human being like knowing him and how he embraces everybody from top to bottom on that roster, no matter if you're Ezekiel Elliott or if you're a journeyman like me, like he gives your flowers. D Moore, you made that play Church, you did this like he gives his credit. Doesn't talk much, but his personality, it's very rare. Do you meet somebody that is great like that but will be humble enough to talk to everybody and do that too.
Speaker 2: So that's why I'm.
Speaker 6: Saying it is he deserves it. When you say that certain people deserve it, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: He's getting in it. So yeah, I just had to throw that too. Sit in there.
Speaker 3: Clarence Hill thought had a good point yesterday on the media Mash and Beat right where he said Zach Martin is the best Cowboys player in organization.
Speaker 2: Post Super Bowl, post their Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl wins, And we kind of thought about it, and we did bring up DeMarcus Ware's name, but I sided with Clarence because I said, Rare is the talent where not only when he's retiring, he's going to the Hall of Fame. You can argue he is one of the top five at his position to ever play that position in this league.
Speaker 5: And you know how don that get tough when people have recency bias and or they don't know about those that played before him. But when it comes down to Zach Martin, none of that even comes into play.
Speaker 2: Everybody agrees with what you just said.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and you were talking about one of the top five guards in his history that have ever played this game. He is there in the mix and it's phenomenal. So congratulations to him. Five years.
Speaker 2: He will go.
Speaker 3: Whether it's Sharene Williams or whoever's going to make the presentation with Jack Martin, I think it's pretty easy. Zach Martin eleven years, uh nine Pro Bowls, seven and first Team All pros out keep going, no, no, that's it, I present Zach Martin. Yes, sir, all right, our final break coming up right here on the h This is the place not just watch you buy Aristocrat Gaming on Dallas Cowboys dot com.
Speaker 11: How do you tell the world about all the great gifts in the Yetti Store letter Rip Troy all right.
Speaker 12: Folks, let's get started with Yeddi French Press and joor Kalby This Day's hot for hours and French Press thirty fours for U six four for the cruise of yetty French Press.
Speaker 2: What mixed waterproof bags?
Speaker 12: Bags of waterproof some where's the waterproof doubles, water proved bag bags sports mostly water should get a water prove Yetti bag. Got smell something cooking? New cast iron skillets made to be passed down like Mama's recipe. You take a steak, cornback, comperence, pot pine and potatoes. Next over well three sizes of Yetti cast iron.
Speaker 11: Skillers, gear gifts and product experts visit the Yetti Store on McKinney Street and at South Lake Town Square.
Speaker 13: Today life is a workout. Smoothie King is here to help you power through. Whether you're maxing out overhead presses, push them through chest flies, or being the hero your golden retriever needs to carry them over that scary bridge. Smoothie King has the fuel to help you go all out, build muscle and boost your recovery.
Speaker 2: With forty five.
Speaker 13: Grams of protein zero grams of adage sugar and delicious customizable ingredients, and the Gladiator Smoothie available in chocolate, strawberry, and vanilla only at Smoothie Kit.
Speaker 9: It's the official men's skincare brand of the Dallas Cowboys, Jack Black, and right now Cowboys fans can get fifteen percent off their seventy five dollars order plus because every deal needs a playmaker, your order will include a free five piece skincare set and free shipping.
Speaker 8: The Jack Black Playmaker is four of.
Speaker 9: Jack's favorites and a full sized intense therapy lipball. Make a play for the playmaker at Getjack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys vip. That's get Jack Black dot com slash Cowboys with the code Cowboys VIP.
Speaker 14: Hey Cowboy fans. I'm Dak Prescott, quarterback of the Dallas Cowboys, but late I've been learning a new game. Crypto sound confusing, don't worry. Even us pros were rookies and crypto once. That's why I trust blockchain dot com. They make crypto easy, no confusing jargon, just the tools to help you win.
Speaker 2: Slides for the first down.
Speaker 14: Invest like your icons where everyone is a rookie crypto with blockchain dot Com.
Speaker 10: Perfect throw My goodness, wow did.
Speaker 14: He ever thread the day to visit the blockchain dot com slash Cowboys to get started.
Speaker 2: To the players loude.
Speaker 5: Cowboy Nation Dallas Cowboys Unity presented by Globe Life is now exclusively in the Dallas Cowboys app. Joined the Official Fan Club today to receive access to all new Cowboy drops, features, team news and pre sale access, and fan and kid of the game.
Speaker 2: Download the app now to join.
Speaker 3: All right Eck Maharson appreciate you very much. His player's lines just brought you by Aristocrat game. Got buried tu Trey Moore here? I am knew he scruggs. So yeah, I saw Michael Parson's maps ball on Sunday.
Speaker 2: And he likes.
Speaker 3: To tweet a lot of stuff. But ultimately my thought is this, and you guys tell me everything.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be here. He likes being here, yeah he I mean I don't. And he's going to get paid. Yeah, first of we know what's didn't get paid. But overall, he likes this scene.
Speaker 3: He likes this, he likes the way he's treated, he likes being a star, likes he likes it here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, star likes the star.
Speaker 5: It's a difference being a superstar here in now versus being a superstar anywhere else. Yeah, Mike's gonna get the bag. You saw Max Crosby contract come through yesterday and he like, Yeah, if Max Crosby got that, then obviously you know what Micah's gonna get. And I would have thought that the organization would have done Michaeh's contract before OS's. But fine, you see them clearing out, restructuring and all that with CD and now DAK, and they're clearing up money, maybe clearing up money not only for Michaeh, butffer move coming ahead because they have to make a splash, because you've said it before, there are too many holes to feel. And if you're gonna give coach Schottenheimer a chance this season, you're gonna have to give him some dogs, some people to operate with. And there are a ton of names that have been cut that I've already in our group chat, I've thrown names around. I'm getting shot down, but that's all right, that's all right. Something's gonna happen. Some's gonna give. But michaels I got Michael's I got and if and if you're gonna go as far as to some of these other guys that we've seen get paid, and you said, as you stated, Jerry doesn't lose on getting his guys, anyone that he wants to sign. I believe Michael's in that list of superstars that he wants to sign. He wants to have here, wants him to retire as a Dallas cowboy. And look, I just think as far as this defense is concerned with coach ibra Flus, you want all of that. You want to bring in the guys in the draft, but also get guys during free agency so you can ramp up this defense because last last season, look this is a wash. You didn't get any production from that. Michael was hurt for a lot of the majority of the season. But look, I look for them to get that contract taken care of because you.
Speaker 2: Have to.
Speaker 6: Is playing for Ebra Flues, you have to get it done. Think about it. When his time at the Coats, you had DeForest Buckner, you quidy p you had a tie that was on the outside like you had a superstar, and then you had somebody consistently you locked it up with. Oh, now you have to lock it up with a generational talent and Michael, And like you said, the star loves the star, like he gets everything that he wants with his media, broadcasting and stuff like that. And then on top of that, I think you kind of feed off of the he's finally turned that corner to where it's like the media doesn't bother him, Like he's learning to make the media work for him. So like all the stars that are lining, and then when you go schematically wise, like you got your consistent guy, you got somebody that's dependable on Oh, right here that's going to do that.
Speaker 2: It's going to free this up for me. I'm gonna still do that.
Speaker 6: So like you said, Jerry doesn't miss on this guys, he never does, even when it's always been a question Daz Oh, when you're gonna pay Daz Brian, Hey, when are you gonna pay Zach Martin, when you're gonna play Ezekiel Ellen, when you're gonna pay dak His guys get that bag. So Michael's gonna get the back. It's just about how much of a bag he's gonna get. Because the longer you prolong that, the more expensive it get. Just like and you don't want to have those feelings. And this is just me speaking from a fan's perspective. You don't want to have those feelings with the Oas or the Dak Prescott. Like, oh man, if we'd have just paid Dak two years ago, we wouldn't be sitting over here restructuring his contract. If we to pay Ezekiel a couple of years ago, maybe he wouldn't have held out and went to Cabo and we could have seen the com zeke that went there. So that's my only thing is like not at all? Got it show Michael the love and the respect that he needs to make him more motivated to be here, because he already wants to be here.
Speaker 2: But you need to add that gas.
Speaker 6: In the celerant. So it's just about when is it gonna happen? And then because if you keep waiting and that price keep going up, Max just got his bag, well guess what.
Speaker 2: He might not need the Max.
Speaker 6: Deal, but he needs to be somewhere in that ballpark or it is going to be a disrespect. And now but you having to pay him because we know Jerry's gonna do it. Are you going to be able to get the rest of those dogs. Are you gonna be able to go fix the other side of the trenches? Are you gonna lock up only two star players on your defensive line like that?
Speaker 2: That's where it gets a little danger and Dicey.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he's gonna get paid. He has to with Eberflus defense. You know a lot of zone they rush for. You gotta have somebody get he.
Speaker 2: Get in this defense.
Speaker 5: If you don't, then you're not gonna get any pressure on the quarterback and his defense is gonna get picked alive.
Speaker 2: So the deal is gonna get done.
Speaker 5: It's just a matter of when and what the amount is is gonna be And I see him being one of the highest non paid quarterbacks in the National Football League.
Speaker 2: That'd be Max Crosby. For two weeks, He'll be Yeah, two weeks Max and play and Max will be just fine.
Speaker 6: I'm I'm gonna tell you like this, them state taxes over here and him getting a bigger bag. It's gonna look better for Michael though. So Hey, slow and steady wins the race.
Speaker 2: Heckman, Harrison, what's up? Bro?
Speaker 3: Appreciate you, trade more, appreciate your church, Appreciate you, Chris bean Green, everybody here.
Speaker 2: Do that don't do that. I don't ever do that to you.
Speaker 14: Though.
Speaker 1: This has been a production of dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.