Speaker 1: Miss Spelling with Tory Spelling, an iHeartRadio podcast. Hi guys, my guest today is Oh such I'm girling out because I'm such a fan. She was one of the OG Real Housewives of New York City and she has been performing hit cabaret shows since twenty eighteen. She's currently touring. The latest cabaret show is called mary s Kill. I'm gonna go see it in San Diego this summer. Welcome Countess lou Anne.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, Hi, how are you?
Speaker 1: I'm great? How are you? I feel like I've seen him in so long. Well in person, I see you right there for it.
Speaker 2: But it's been a long time.
Speaker 1: It has been a long time.
Speaker 2: How are you doing.
Speaker 1: Uh, that's a load of question. How long do we get right?
Speaker 2: How long you got right? Ring a cocktail for that one?
Speaker 1: Yeah, talked to you about that off the podcast, but oh my gosh, you were crushing it. I am so happy for you. I mean, you were the OG New York housewife. I feel like growing up in Beverly Hills, that was like my jam that I watched The Real HOUSEWIVESID Beverly Hills. But then being a Beverly Hills girl, New York just enticed me because well, you guys were amazing. You like drew me right in and I was like, oh, that's what it would be like to be living in New York because I'm fifty one and the only times in my life I've ever been to New York still to this day, is when I work, so I don't know the other side.
Speaker 2: Of it, right, fun, so fun to be a tourist in New York. I was just sending Beverly Hills. I did my show. I kicked off like at the Wiltern.
Speaker 1: That is so amazing. Mary f Kill. When are the next dates? What are the dates in total?
Speaker 2: Well, I've got a lot of dates. You can check out go to countslanda dot com for dates because I'm going to Pennsylvania next. I just came back from London. I did six sold out shows in London, which was amazing, incredible experience. I till this Winton came to my show, like what was yes, I was.
Speaker 1: You know beforehand she was coming.
Speaker 2: You know, I heard that she might be coming, but I didn't know if she would come or not. And she came to me after the show and she said, Donie, I love what you do. It's you. You. You can see you because you so much joy and just spreading joy to everyone around you. It's a beautiful thing to watch. It was amazing. Anyway, she was incredible and it was a.
Speaker 1: Great practice of all trades. I think you have voiceover work in your future as well. You do a great accent.
Speaker 2: People tell me that all the time. You know, Mary f Kill's song just came out a couple of weeks ago. You know, I you know my show because you haven't seen it is it's cabaret meets pop culture meets comedy meets the fashion show because you can bet there's a lot of your body dress is happening, and you know. And how I came up with the show as I was doing my shows and I've been doing cabaret since twenty eighteen, and every single show I get asked, all right, couwn does Mary f Kill? So every single show, So that was my inspiration. Really, it's from the fans who would ask me because we've never played Mary f Kill like on the show. I didn't even really know what that game was, and so that was my inspiration. So I wrote the song and decided that was the tour, etc. So yeah, it's so much fun. I just I love the creative process of the show. And you know, I start basically with the songs that I love, and then I work backwards into like, what is the story that's going to bring me to that song? Because Cabaret's really about storytelling, you know, and it's about my journey. All the music I pick is because I know my fans are going to know that song, so it's like a big sing along.
Speaker 1: And wait, I have a question. Do you think you'll ever do a song surrounding bushes?
Speaker 2: Well, and I haven't thought about that.
Speaker 1: I I love that replay of you falling in the bushes? Where were you guys? What vacation?
Speaker 2: Oh my god? Well we've been drinking tequila all day long.
Speaker 1: And you know, I was so happy the backstory. I think I wonder I.
Speaker 2: Was falling down again. So I was like, leave me in the bush. I'm so happy, you know. Yeah that was Yeah, that was That was a moment for me. And but you see, I play all these kind of moments because I do video packages and you know, I have music videos for my song. So a lot of exciting stuff going on, a lot of TV show projects coming up, so you know, TV life isn't over for me. For those of who think that, you know, Ronnie's over, that's that's not the case.
Speaker 1: So I feel like you should do a song about falling into the bushes that was iconic on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I You're probably right, I should. That was a moment that is frozen in time.
Speaker 1: Literally they would freeze on it and replay it and replay it.
Speaker 2: So many memes from that and be cool. Don't be like all uncle, I mean that's you know.
Speaker 1: You're so graceful.
Speaker 2: Well you know, my daughter said, mom, at least you felt very gracefully. Yes.
Speaker 1: Oh well, I think you should do a song about that. And since I so, I brought it up here as inspiration, I feel like maybe I could be your muse and like, or I could play like a bush on stage or something. I'd be like, why just something anything, I just want to work with you.
Speaker 2: Oh that's that's so sweet. That would be Do you like to sing?
Speaker 1: I do?
Speaker 2: Oh good? What's your go to?
Speaker 1: Oh? My gosh, I'm an eighties girl. I mean I'm not literally an eighties girl, but I like eighties songs. So anything bangles or like totally clips of the Heart or Betty Davis eyes or like but I love like.
Speaker 2: These and Dave sas Yes, God.
Speaker 1: Be still my beauty heart. Am I supposed to call you countess? Am I supposed to call you lu An? Am I supposed to call you a hot goddess?
Speaker 2: Well listen, you know people know me as countess, right, But you know people love using my title more than I use my title. So I leave it up to you, darling, and call me Lou. You can call me countess, you can call me Luan. That seems to be the That seems to be like the kind of order. A lot of people call me Lou, you know, because they feel like they're my friend, so they call me Lou. It's it's really cute. Actually, I mean, London was off the hook. I had thirty thousand or forty thousand people in front of me. It was just an incredible feeling. And everyone in them sitting a money camp by your classs. You know, it's like, oh my god, this is insane. You know. I saw on Vogue Amanda Lapour came and did her shot. You've never seen her perform. She was great. I love her thonging. I love my pussy I'm dying. I had the Pussycat Dolls come to say it was it was really, it was really amazing. And you know, now I'm back in the US. I just realized I'm gonna be out in California, but I'm doing San Diego.
Speaker 1: Do you think I can give VIP tickets?
Speaker 2: Definitely come everybody else, Girls Trip Road Tripped.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 2: Oh, you're gonna love the show.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's Girls Summer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's it's it's a fun show. People just you know, they come in their sequence, in their statement necklaces. You know, they show up for me. And it's so great. It's like a big sing along. It's immersive, and you know, if if you go there alone, you don't leave alone because people are connected through the Housewives universe. It's pretty amazing.
Speaker 1: It's true. But even if you're not a fan of Housewives, like I have friends that have never seen Housewives that want to see your show and fell in love with you, Like, oh, that's right. I have so many friends that have seen your show, and I was bummed when I didn't get to see it in La near your past show not Mary f killed the new one on tour, I'm so excited. Wait, you can see the question money Can't Buy Your Class? When you sang that song, were you thinking like this is a good way to integrate it into the show, because the show totally was a platform for other businesses that anyone wanted to do. Or how did that come about?
Speaker 2: Well, so I wrote a book on managers and etiquete because you know, I lived in Europe for many years and you know, married a Frenchman, I lived in the Swiss helps and you know I was around you know, royals the whole time. You know, the King of Greece is my friend, and and so you know, I had to learn to be elegant, you know. And that's that's what money Can't Buy Your Classes all about. It's like, it's not about the money. It's about how you treat people and respect for others. And the aristocrats are really good at that because they have to greet a lot of people and so so, so the book came about and then I thought I wanted to do me write music and wanted to make a song. And I went to see a producer is a gold at the time, and he said, what do you want to sing about it? And he goes well, I don't know. I just wrote this book on manners and etiquette. So I have like takeaway lines from class with the Countess, and they were elegance has learned. Money can't buy you class. You know, being interested is what makes you self. Well there, you know, all these things came out of really the book, and that's how I wrote the song.
Speaker 1: Did you know you would go on to go on tour and have a cabaret show? Like wow, talk about manifesting.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, I'm a manifesto. I believe totally in that. We you know, we write our stories because life is a cabaret, no matter what Bethany says. And a really good friend of mine, old friend, says to me, Luke, you love to entertain, you love to be a hostess, you love to sing for your friends, and you love to tell jokes, which is all true, and he goes, you should be doing cabaret. And that's really where I had the idea. And then I didn't do it. You know, I got married, I got divorced in between. Yeah, so a lot of things got in the way. And then finally I started with the cabaret and I didn't realize I was like filling a void for something that is really it doesn't really exist that much anymore, or cabaret. You know Eliza Cheetah, you know, Bette Midler, all the greats. You know, they're not doing it anymore. And then so somehow I felt this void I didn't even know I was filling. And because it started as Countess and France, it wasn't count as cabaret. I had, you know, guests, I've had, Lance Bass has been in my show. You know, I had a lot of people when I used to have guests. And then I realized having guests, they would go to the bathroom, go get a drink. The minute I left the stage, they would start moving around. So we realized that it was it was Countess Cabaret is what it became. And you know I've been doing since twenty eighteen. You know, I love the show. I love the creative part of it. So yeah, I'm looking forward for you to see the show.
Speaker 1: I can't wait to see it. Okay, I'm going to go back to my idea of the bush song. So it's like the bush in the bush. Do you believe the bush is back?
Speaker 2: You know what, It wouldn't surprise me.
Speaker 1: Remember when it came back for a bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny because you know, we spend our lives trying to get rid of hair, right and then and then it's like then it's like now we were trying to keep it, so you know. So yeah, it doesn't surprise me that the bush is back.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, just for the sake of the song, I feel like we should explore the bush being back and you in a bush and I can pop out of the bush and be like a murking or something. I don't know. You play around that. I love you want it, and I just before we go, I want to ask you, I am going through a divorce. I'm in my fifty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm sorry to hear that, darling.
Speaker 1: Easy no, never easy it. Thank you for saying sorry. I don't take compliments. Well that's not a compliment. That was an apology, but you know what I mean. Yeah, it's all works out the way it's supposed to work out and when it is supposed to work out. So where's my time? And I've seen nothing for me?
Speaker 2: Best decade, best decade of my life.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what I wanted to hear. I mean, I feel just from watching on TV for so many years, You've never looked better. I mean, you are really crushing it out there, and I hope to follow suits.
Speaker 2: Well you will, darling, because guess what you will it to happen. You manifested it. And you know, people don't talk positively to themselves, you know, and what you put out in the universe and what you say about about yourself matters, you know. So you know that's I talk about that in my book too, and I talk about that in my music. You know, Passion is the key fine live the life you want to live. There's no sympathy. Don't forget to see the best life can be so soft. The little things can take you down. So it's best brush of all. So hair done, Jewelriiano Meir on the wall. Who's the fairest in the land. I guess it's not their call. You know. Beauty, class and aliens lie within the soul. Money, power and romance are waiting for us. All she say LEVI say boom, say boom. That's my lyrics, that's my philosophy, you know. And I think that's why people relate to my music, because it's very inspirational. Because you know, if you don't think you're great. Nobody else is going to think you're great. And that's true.
Speaker 1: My gosh, can we talk about dating and sex in your fifties?
Speaker 2: Yes, I mean that. Why do you think Mary f kill?
Speaker 1: You know?
Speaker 2: It's all about that, you know, It's all about we all marry, we all fuck, and we want to get rid of people, you know, so you know, because we're not killing anybody, but we want to get rid of people in our lives, you know. And my mentor would always say, get rid of the negative people so you can make room for the good ones, you know. And so anyway, I I talk about my you know, dating apps, I talk about you know, marriages, I talk about you know, I play house ise moments where they're going. Life is not a cabaret, Oh yes it is. It is for me. Maybe not for you, but it is for me. And really what that means is it's my story and I can tell tell it and write it the way I want to, right, And that's what I love about the freedom of cabaret because I can say anything I want and I can see anything I want, and I don't have to deal with TV rights.
Speaker 1: Or adding perfect So you do dabble with dating younger men. Correct, Yeah, you know.
Speaker 2: Listen, the thirty forty somethings are all up into my stuff. The fifty year olds are like, shit, I'm fifty. I need a twenty year old. And the sixty year olds have a little problem in the lower level, as Ramona would call it. Let's call it the basement. That's what it is. So, yeah, I dabble because I'm dating right now. I'm having so much fun. You know, I'm not dating anybody, you know, on a regular basis. I'm just dating having fun. Sure, I have some guys that I like to see, et cetera. But you know, and Mary f kill you know, I say, three times the charm, So catch me if you can, you know. So it's about there's men that I would marry. They give me such a thrill. There's men that I would f and men that I would kill, you know. So my show's all about that. It's all about dating and about you know, the love affair with life.
Speaker 1: Do you think you'll get married a third time?
Speaker 2: Who knows? You know, who knows? But I'm a hopeless romantic, let's put it that way. And I love men and I love sex. So there you go. R eight.
Speaker 1: Sorry, may I ask how old you are?
Speaker 2: Fifty nine? I just turned fifty nine. I know. I'm like, oh my god, I can't deal with the six in front. I can't.
Speaker 1: I know so that I'm having a conversation with a forty nine year old yesterday and she was like, I just feel like I'm going to embrace fifty in the number. And I was like, oh, you'll see when you get there. I just turned fifty one, and I was like, I don't know if I'm ready, but the six and I know, and everyone says, it's all numbers. You don't feel that way, you don't look that way. What does it matter what? It's the number that we're conditioned to be like, oof, that number is getting up there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, you know condition is the right word, because you know, when we were twenty, a sixty year old was like oh right, yeah, like to say, oh, six year old, right, six year old women are fabulous. I mean it's like it's sixties new fifty and fifties new forty, and you know what I mean. I think, you know, it's just a it's what we've been kind of conditioned to think. But as we get closer to the age that we realized. You know, this ain's so bad. I kind of I'm in I'm loving this decade. I love fifties.
Speaker 1: Same so far.
Speaker 2: I feel great. I feel free, you know, and you know, there's no clicking uh sorry, there's no ticking clock and I sing that also in Mary Fkill. You know, my ticking clock has stopped. And now I'm feeling free, you know. So there's no like, oh shit, I got to have baby from you know, forty, or there's no you know, am I going to get married? You know? Will I get the house I always wanted? Will I have children that I've always wanted? You know, I feel like at this point I got really everything that I've wanted. And you know, so that's very helpful and making you feel comfortable, you know, in this age. You know, I've met not too long ago, a twenty eight year old charming, handsome, well mannered, like very mature.
Speaker 1: For his age.
Speaker 2: Now I don't dip into the twenty year old pond because I have a boy who's twenty seven. My kids are, you know, almost thirty, for God's sake.
Speaker 1: So thirty one is fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I like, you know, I like to be age appropriate, a little younger. That's that's cool. You know, the older I get, the younger I want. When I was when I was younger, I wanted older guys. Now when I'm getting older, I want younger guys. So, but you know, I recently met at fifty nine year old, same age as me. Heid No he's not. He's actually, no, he's a good fifty nine. Because I feel like a lot of guys aren't kept as well as us ladies at the fifties.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, yes, that's the problem.
Speaker 2: Men are These men are like, eh, you know, I look the way I look at whatever. Yeah, women are you know, keeping up with the time, with the click, the ticking clock of time, you know, and gravity, you know, you have to fight gravity, darly.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I know. I told him so. My daughter just turned sixteen, and the other night we had an experience. We were talking to this young man and he had the dreamiest now I sound old, dreamiest blue eyes and all her friends are like, he's so hot. And we walked away and I was like, oh my god, he's so hot, and she goes, ew, Mom, you can't say that, and I know why, I go I'm fifty. But I'm not dead. I can acknowledge someone that's good looking. I'm not going to date him, all right, right, but I can't look at someone and be like, oh, that's a fine looking guy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, right, right right, yeah, you know it's darling. It's a teenage thing. It will pass. Don't worry.
Speaker 1: It's a teenage I've been there, I've been there. I'm sure. Oh my gosh, I adore you. I could literally talk to you all day and in San Diego. Maybe we'll have a girl's night when it comes.
Speaker 2: Oh that would be amazing. That would be so great. You should come.
Speaker 1: Oh I'm coming.
Speaker 2: Yeah really? Oh good road trip. Yes, we'll have fun after the show.
Speaker 1: Okay, perfect. Thank you for being here today.
Speaker 2: Thanks story, it's great to see you. And you know, good luck with everything. It'll you know, life takes you and I talked about this also my show. You know, Heartbreak and and Change leads you to the next place, you know what I mean. Like I would moved to Europe unless I got a heartbroken at the age of twenty five and that sent me to Europe. Really, I moved to Europe to model, but really because I was heartbroken and so these big changes in our life kind of makes a shift, and and then you'll be onto the next phase, which is going to be fabulous.
Speaker 1: Thank you. It will be well, you just manifested it for me, so thank you. There you I'm going to manifest it. You told me to do it myself, right. This next phase of my life, not will be is fabulous, is the best one yet amazing.
Speaker 2: Say Levis, say bo, say boon.
Speaker 1: Love you