Speaker 1: Listen. I promise this is not dandriff. This is not dandriff. Do you know what this is? No, this is candle wax. Because I was doing my my emotional regulation practices yesterday and taking a bath and I lit all my candles and I you know, I have one of those like little nooks in the bathtub, like a little shelf that's like recessed into the wall, and I had a candle there, and this candle has been there for a minute. Anyway, I was. I took like an hour and a half bath, like it's just a huge part of my life now. And I went to bed and I started like taking putting my bonnet on, and I was like, what is all? There's so much wax. It was dripping into my hair the entire time, the entire time, and my hair is so thick. I didn't feel it. And I'm like, I should google if wax is good for your hair or not, but I'm sure it's not. And also it's too late because I already gave myself a hot wax treatment. So but it just looks it's crazy like I have dan dripp in my but like the ends of my hand.
Speaker 2: See it, you can't now, but we're recording. You want to keep this in Huh, we're recording.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know I saved it. You didn't think it was good, you didn't think it was funny.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm like I was starting because I didn't do my sog. I was like, did we start?
Speaker 1: I know, I just had to go go ahead, Tiffany.
Speaker 2: That was the pre show that Okay, hey, hey, hey, I feel like I'm losing my voice. We're back, We're black, we're brown, and this should ambis ambition ambition. Hey mare, well.
Speaker 1: Hey hey, I have a tiny co host today.
Speaker 2: I see in the background, who knows what back there but school for the summer. I know the parents have this gap between when when Supper Camp starts, it just goes over. It's like one week gap. So every year my Carl is like just trying to make it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, camp starts on Monday.
Speaker 2: Yes, everybody Carol's kids, everybody's kids. I'm like, all, loo, I caught you, she said, just being a mom. I was like, oh gosh, She's like, I really wants to sit in my lap. Roma's like rub my back and I'm trying to do work at the same time.
Speaker 1: I went to the doctor yesterday and for my annual physical, which is a day that I dread every year. Blood work done, they weigh you, you know, they ask a bunch of questions. Actually, I wish she would have asked more because I felt like I forgot to say stuff and because the schedule of the kids has been so strange. I just long story short. I ended up on the table at my doctor with Rio, my big my four year old, on top of me. What was on top of me for begging me to low bubbles in his face because I had a bubble gum, had some chewing gum, and he was like pressing his elbows into my rib on my chest, just like full and just like more. And then Remy is, bless his heart, in the stroller next to me, the baby, and he's holding my hand and won't let go because you know, Rio and I are having a moment and he wants to be included. So that's how the appointment started. Doctor Jinjo walks in and she's like, oh how she I could tell. She was like, am I a pediatrician?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 1: Did I forget something? Because I'm like I'm under here, I'm under here. It's me. Yeah, it was a peak par and did remy. Remy took a I'll be quick he uh, he did his business. And she was such a sweet doctor. She was like, oh, I'll hold him for you. When I tell you that woman was covered in the facings of my s no child. I was mortified. Mortified, kids do mortified. But I was like, you know what you picked. You said you weren't hold him, so you know I didn't do it, But yeah, yesterday I was. It was intense, it was full throttle. I was so anxious and that is why I needed my my bath at the end of the night, which has been this new practice of mine that is so and it's not just the act of taking the bath. It has to be really hot with salts. I got the oils. I have all the candles, all the nice, nice things. I got nice I think I showed you it. Did I show you a picture of them?
Speaker 2: No, you show me a picture of like that bad thing you know that goes across the top. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have my little bath tray because you were showing me your place and I was like, well, I got bath salts. But no, it's been a just taking the bath and then deep like journaling deep like train of thought. What do you call it? Your thoughts are just going streaming conscious? Yes, yes, yes, don't be afraid of your thoughts. Write them down. That has been so effective. And yeah, I was telling our producer Tanya before the show, like I got out of that bath and it was like I really did feel renewed and ready for bed. And that's a huge amount of growth for me to recognize that I needed that to give myself what I needed and to use the time for myself and not to work or to like you know, find stuff for the summer to do, like all that stuff that I'm doing. It was very, very therapeutic. And I woke up today and I feel so much better, so much better. A month ago, I could not have gotten myself out of that funk like that.
Speaker 2: So I'm glad you're using the tools available. That's the thing, right, I always say, like to me, what therapy helps me to learn this new perspective and what tools I have available to navigate? Yeah, And so I mean I know sometimes it so allves very WOOLU take a hot bath, but sometimes take a hot bath.
Speaker 1: I was the one who always I didn't get it, I said, I hated them. Why would you sit in hot water? I just sweat, and like, you have to take a shower beforehand because I'm kind of like a German foe and I do. The whole ritual for me is shower, will clean the bathroom, make sure it's nice and spotless. I have to mom, like I have to clean the tub out, even though IM the only one who uses it. I just I think about whatever and then I draw the bath and uh, yeah, it's it's I get it. It's it's really how you spend your time, and it's it's really about and you know, I would think that's such a luxury of time. Who has that much time? And you can make that time for yourself to fill the tub and light the candles. And I kicked my kids stuff. I kicked them up in their own room they had. It was like it was like a theme park in my bathroom for the past four years because that's where the kids were taking their baths. I thought it was easier, but I reclaimed that space, and yeah I could. I can't recommend it more. Even if you don't have like the esthetic bathroom with all the things like, it does not take much a clean bathtub, some candles and just the door closed and locked and that journaling practice. And yeah, it is.
Speaker 2: Well finding what your thing is. For me, it's walking. Like people are always like, oh my god, that's so great. I'm like, I am not walking because of exercise. Yeah, I mean it's just a I'm like, I guess girl. But for me, it's not like it literally it's something about breathing in outside the birds, the squirrels, the trees. Like literally, there are times when I'm like, I'll have walked in the morning and I'll walk in the evening just because I'm still feeling a little anxious and walking is just about the only thing that almost one hundred percent of the time works to lower whatever that like hide my abrational kind of like buzzing that you do when you're feeling yourself getting anxious. That just walk it just for me, you know. And so it's great that it's also ah, it's good for your heart. But yeah, for me, I never was a tub girl. I've tried a couple of times and I'm like, okay, I do like a long shower. That to me, that feeling you get in the tub is the feeling I get in the shower when I just let them waters just run over me. But walking is one.
Speaker 1: Of the shower steamers. Have you seen those?
Speaker 2: Not? Oh no, but you know what My friend Dawn black woman owns a company called Puka p o Oka and she does all of these like all natural. She does shower steaming, bath bomb. I have to get you a kid like Mandy, because yes, Donna is awesome.
Speaker 1: It's my whole personality now, like you just want to base every gift from here on out on the fact that I like a bath like please.
Speaker 2: No, I'm want to have her like send you because Donna's awesome. So if you guys go to I think it's it's a Puka dot com. But what I love she well, not what I love about her. But Dawn found out some years back that she had MS. She I think she said she was like walking home from work and she literally passed out, and I was like, what's happening? And she went on this long journey to figure out what is wrong with me? And it took them forever to figure it out, as it often does with women. And she found out that she has MS and multiple sclerosis, and she said, what can I do to offset? Like the effects of MS on my body. And what she learned is that, like you know, there are the food that you eat now, but not just that. She realized the things that she put on her skin were aggravating the symptoms of her MS. So she just started making her own things that didn't aggravate her skin. And people would be like, you smell so good, your skin looks so great, you know, you look so amazing, and they would ask her. So she just started making her things for family and friends, and then it's grown and grown, and she's been in business now, I don't know, over ten years. It's pook up okay, a pook up, pure and simple. I'm just on your site now and I love so if you have like hyper sensitive skin, My nephew had a really bad exema when he was a baby, and you know, you can't just use anything on a baby but her her body. Butter was one of the few things that like she had this no it was it was a shade butter bar. It was like the only thing that we could use that was like all natural and actually worked, and the stuff just smells so good. Her lemon grass, she has this coco coconut lemon grass that's my favorite scent of hers. All natural but yeah, so pook up, pure and simple. You want to support a black woman while getting yourself like roussa on. Yes, but I'm gonna send you a packet. I'm like, do I'm put together the ultimate bath combo for Mandy.
Speaker 1: Yes, and don't sleep on the Home Goods and Marshalls and TJ Max Like listen, I get a little anxious when I go in there sometimes if it's too crowded. But the thin body area you can find some really good deals. So I got like really nice bath salts for five dollars, bubbles and little containers. I think I probably spent less than twenty dollars on my whole setup. So self care on self care every day and I love. Yeah. I love talking to my son about it too. He could tell I was having a hard time and he made me. He said, I would make you a supplies.
Speaker 2: He made me a little card. I love.
Speaker 1: State farm agents are small business owners too, so they know how to help you choose personalized policies that fit your needs, like a good neighbor. State farm is there. Talk to your local agent today. Well, one of the things I wanted to the one of the reasons I wanted this show today to be about mistakes money mistakes is because well, one I have seen just being on the internet a little but I have I'm really candid. I will share when I make a mistake, and when those clips go beyond my little bubble of my audience who follows me and enjoys what I do and gets to know me and cheers me on, when it starts to go a little bit more viral, the level of judgment in the comments has really started to It doesn't get to me, but we're so quick to judge a person based on a mistake. Shouldn't you have known better? Why did you do that? Why didn't you do this? When that is so painful and it's so detrimental to our own mental health. And I know if people are out there passing judgment on others, it really means that's how you talk to yourself at the end of the day. So I wanted to see if we can have, like well round to talk about mistakes that we've made financially and then also some of the things that we are proud about. And I just want to preface this by saying we are extremely candid with you guys, be a fan, and I think I feel safe enough with our audience to to share these mistakes. And I think it's a helpful practice just to know that you can know things and still yeah, make a mistake and it's okay. I'm working on not beating myself up when I make small mistakes or big mistakes or what have you. So, yeah, if you're down for a tiff, wellever.
Speaker 2: I knows my mistake, but I'll try to find some.
Speaker 1: New There must be some new ones always girl condo. Yeah, there's always some good stuff. It'll be in the next book if you ever write one, but you never will, I know. So today we're going to talk about our biggest money mistakes. Should we do it by like age or just more recent whatever comes to mind?
Speaker 2: I guess yeah, like I'm trying to think. Maybe not. Maybe I don't put too much pressure on the biggest money mistakes because I've certainly shared them. But just money mistakes that you're want.
Speaker 1: Okay, yes, you're right, little ones.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, just like you're wanting to share. So, oh, I'll tell you my most recent money mistake. So kids are we'll just have your money in a choke hold, as you know. So the Supergirl was having her graduation when she was having her prom send off, and she was like, hey, can you get the same photographer and videographer that did my tweet sixteen? You know, this is the two young black men. I was like, okay, let's support them. It was really expensive because typically they do like events. So it was I want to say, it was one thousand dollars for them to come to her prom send off, take all the pictures, do the video.
Speaker 1: But I honestly prom send off though girl, and once that I've seen just a smidgen of it wasn't like that. Does she have a big crowd?
Speaker 2: Yeah, So she had her family and friends over her mom had like hired someone to do like this loon arch. It was a whole thing, and I felt guilty for being like a thousand all like for her sweet sixteen. It made sense to me because it was like sweet sixteen, all the things, Okay this, I was like, So instead of kind of pushing back, you know, and saying, what is the LISTA really asking for? She just wants pictures for her prom? Instead of pushing back, I said, okay, I paid it. I was like, whatever, ha, foolish Tiffany, because the next day I always as these beautiful pictures that she posts on social, not the ones that I paid for, And I was like, these look like great professional pictures. These are awesome. Where'd you get these pictures from? She's like, well, I knew that the prom sent the guy the prom send off guys that they wouldn't you know. I guess whatever hours they allowed didn't allow them to follow her the prom because she wanted to have pictures in front of like the place that prom. So I found this guy in college who does pictures for like one hundred dollars. I say, hey, how cole Vignant? I said what? Yeah, like honestly crowd for like thirty five pictures I got for like it's like a hunt. It's like it was like a dollar picture something ridonculous. But if I want my date to be in it, then it was like two dollars a picture, so it'd be like one hundred and fifty dollars. I was like, I could have wept, oh, I said, I guess she realized midway bragging. She was like, oh, but this is after like you had already, like you know, got the guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, of course, yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just like, but you know what, it was my mistake because I I sometimes can get locked into the specific thing that she's asking for versus what is the underlying thing she's asking for. It's not can you get those people? She's like, I want pictures for prompt I could have just done a little more due diligence and just found like, you know, people to do it and you know, and so nine hundred dollars access later, Helena.
Speaker 1: I think that sometimes having access to the financial means to fix problems leads you to sometime like the way that I'm receiving what you're saying is like when there is an opportunity to problem solve, throwing money at it can work and did work, but giving kids and teenagers an opportunity to just problem solve themselves and be creative and I so I'm like, I'm toggling between being really proud of her for figuring out a way with her budget versus yeah, like her looking to you as like the problem solver financially.
Speaker 2: Yes, that to be fair, she did not know the price of like what the other you know, not until I had already like booked them whatever, So okay, you know, so to be fair, it wasn't like hey, because I'd paid for it for her sweet succeed and I didn't tell her how much, and so so.
Speaker 1: She's all anocent. Doesn't everyone just have like photographers, well.
Speaker 2: You know all the girls. Yeah, you know, this was like this was the year where those proms sendoffs just went crazy. So she saw the price leaders. You know, that's why she brought it up, because she saw the price Leader after it was paid it she was like, that's how much you paid because and that's why she was like yeah, because you know, like this is the guy and this is what he charged. And I was like, oh, listener. She was like, I know, but I didn't realize that that's what it was. And I thought to myself, I should have won a few things I could have done differently. One I could be like, so you want pictures, because girl, just so you know, those people are one thousand dollars. That's a lot for a problem sendoffs. She probably would have been like, oh, that is a lot, let's see, you know, or at the very least, you know, she's at the age now where I should have shared the price with her, so she fully understood, like this is what it's costing to do the thing. Yeah, So I mean it was like, you know, it was that eight hundred and fifty dollars foolishness down the drains.
Speaker 1: How much do you think the whole prom send off was hopefully not even covering dress?
Speaker 2: She son't. I didn't pay for you know, dress, I paid for photographer and makeup because Leela my makeup arty did her makeup, and so the makeup, you know, was pretty inexpensive relative because Lee Loways gets took a good deal. So I don't know, but it's hard. I'm not gonna lie because normally, well one, you know, I don't have to pay for like anything for listen, her mom got her and her dad she gets social Security because he's not here. And I'm the underlying real thing is that I felt a sense of guilty obligation. I thought this is too much. But I'm like, oh, it's her proms send off. Her dad is not here. You know, this is a special time, and so I let that lead versus all those things are true and we're still going to get her pictures. It just doesn't have to cost that. So that emotional underlay wiped away the common sense that I know when it comes to that doesn't make sense financially, Tiffany, you know, and so navigating that is really it's difficult. I mean I can imagine, you know, you're a full time parent where it's like, I want to do this thing for my kid. I love my kids so much, but then it's like the financials I may or may not say that makes sense or not, And so you're like, where do you land between those two things? Only to find that the kid only wants to play with the box anyway and not the toy.
Speaker 1: Okay, well we're not here to talk about that, but yes, well thanks for sharing. That's all. It's like, yeah, it wasn't so much a mistake as just uh, you know, yeah it was a.
Speaker 2: Mistake running off all that, like I could have done a little more research and not.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to like, yeah, I'm trying to put it, but I'm just like, that's we're here to be honest about.
Speaker 2: It's a mistake. And here's a thing I can look at a mistake, a financial mistake and not say I'm not a mistake. It was a mistake that was made, you know, like I'm actually I'm not beating my start, you know what I mean, Because here's the thing. A thousand dollars, although it's not a little bit of money, did not put me in financial harms way. You know that that's different like I would you know, maybe i'd be feeling, but I'm like, oh wow, I could have used that money for something else, Like her graduation party was on Sunday, she had it here at the house. I could have used that toward catering. You know, I could have used that towards because I'm buying her car, you know, so she's getting certified pre owned. That's a good amount of money to put toward her car. So I can look at it and say, Okay, how do we get here, how do we adjust for the next time, because there are other financial choices that have to make as it relates to her, and so I use it as a teachable lesson. But I'm not beating myself up because fortunately there is a boundary like that. If I was still teaching preschool and really struggling to save a few hundred dollars a month, I would have made that decision differently, or that decision would have hit differently. You know, so, yeah, no, I don't beat myself up. It was just kind of like, ah, I see where you came from with it. We have another financial decision made for her car. Let's take the emotional component out of it. Because she talking about she wanted to Audi. I said, me too, girl, let me know when you get one, let me know what you get one.
Speaker 1: Says does she know the story of that like sixteen year old car that you used to drive.
Speaker 2: She was there when I was driving it. I said, if you don't pick between the Toyota war Honda and count yourself lucky. And she was like, okay. So she's getting herself handa Civic, which she's been texting me all these stinking Honda Civics all day long. She just get herself a certified pre old Honda Civic. I told her nothing older than twenty nineteen, no more miles than about fifty thousand miles. I told her that the budget is between fifteen to twenty thousand miles because that's the range that they range in. So of course every car she showing me is nineteen point nine nine nine nine nine. I'm like, I'm a vine home.
Speaker 1: I forget about I don't know. I'm sure that's extras. You gotta add on.
Speaker 2: Now what I do. Man, that's her top budget, that's what we do. So those are the Yeah, so these are But because of the car thing, I can look not the car thing, because of the photographer thing. I look at the car thing with less emotion, like let's make better choices and looping her in on why we're making these choices, versus me having this kind of like guilty conscience and making those choices on my own.
Speaker 1: So yeah, it's tough saying no to kids, and I mean like it really is. And as a parent, we are my budget. I was so much better about money before I had kids, because it's really difficult to not do the things even if it's like, oh, it's not really in the budget. This year, this year was really expensive for me in different ways. I had so much traveled to Georgia for all that stuff, and those flights last minute are not cheap. You can get to Georgia for less than two hundred dollars if you can claim in advance. But anyhow, Yeah, but so the mistake that I wanted to talk about is one that I bring it all.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, did.
Speaker 1: You see my posts on ig about this. Okay, I wasn't sure if I was going to stay it on the podcast, but I do feel the need to defend myself. So and I'm not going to say the name of the conference because I don't care. I don't want to hurt anyone. So I don't know why I chose to go to the internet with this, but I spent This was back in April, and one of the things that was happening for me with me in April was I was having a really tough time just with anxiety and all of that, and didn't feel like I was making a lot of progress on like business stuff because I had a kid and all this family stuff happening. So what I did is I listened to a really amazing interview that the founder of this conference gave on NPR, and I was like, Oh, I love her. I want to get her on the show, I want to read her book, I want to go to this conference. I looked it up. Speaker's lineup was sweet. It was three thousand dollars. And I was in this moment then of like buying things to take the place of doing things, you know, Like we talked about that a little bit how it feels like you've done something when you've just signed up for something and I had not done a single sort of like professional development, you know, being community with my peers this year because of how just isolated I had to be. So when I purchased it, I knew it was a non refundable to conferences are, yeah, non refundable, and I get it because I mean, this is one of the few cases where I'm like, they're putting you have to budget, put a ton of work behind it, excuse me, and if people are bailing last minute, then it just puts you in a really difficult position financially. So I knew exactly what I was getting into. I knew it was on the West coast. Three thousand dollars, I'm gonna have to do flight and hotel, and I was like, I want this. I wanted And then we roll around to like May and June and I'm like, oh, no, do I want to go to this conference? And I and there was a while where I was like, oh, this is such a mistake. I think I'm just like out three thousand dollars. That's a lot of money. That's a mortgage for me. Lot, and you know and I and if I, but the mistake is soothing with spending, like handling anxiety, like I could have just taken a bath. You don't actually have to go and spend three Oh there's just take a bath. It also works. But anyway, the mistake has been made. I posted about them on ig because I was there's so many like thoughts that go through my mind, like just go through with it, like you've already you've spent the money, why not just go? It may turn out to be great. But then the other part is like, ah, do I want to I had her from a couple of people that it wasn't like the most amazing experience, and that made me feel self conscious and like a kind of yeah, remorseful about having purchased it. And so I love the I never used the feature on ig where you can post a reel with a poll, and I posted it. I think I got like five hundred plus votes the beautiful thing. Let me just double check. Though I wanted to give the numbers right. It made me feel very validated, affirmed by how split the vote was. Okay, it was giving let's have a recount, it was giving count the mail in ballots, Yeah, okay, fifty three percent. So the poll was should I go and make the most of it or should I cut my losses and stay home? Fifty three percents that I should go, forty seven percent that I should stay home. So for me, I'm like, oh, so I'm not. It is like a toss up between how I'm feeling about this, and then I start reading. I got so many comments, and some of them are like, why did you do this in the first place, and you know, really judging really harsh. Some people recommended that I transfer it. Some people recommended that I give it away, and I was like, y'all think I'm really generous three thousand dollars to give away. I mean, I'm not. If I wasn't going to go, I get it. Like if I if I decided to stay home, I absolutely would have probably posted and been like, hey, this is up for grabs, but I haven't made the decision yet. My mother give it away yet? Dang what I have? What? Also, there's so many people who were like being really optimistic and you know, seeing the glass half full and being like you should go at may be a good opportunity. Some person throw shade at me, and they said, you're the negotiation coach. Negotiate because it's a non refundable Yeah. And a lot of people, and I mean a lot, said I should dispute the charge. Does no one have a moral compass anymore? Girls to the charge.
Speaker 2: It's giving throw away the key lack her eh?
Speaker 1: I mean, I guess I shouldn't have been surprised. Did the thought cross my mind? Listen? We all have intrusive thoughts. Okay, thoughts are thoughts, are not actions. They can't hurt you once you let them. But when you like, no, you can't dispute the charge for a conference that you paid for knowing all of the details. Nothing was there. And this is why I'm not talking about the comp friend's name, because it's not their faults. They did everything right.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 1: Anyhow, I had to take that down, like not take it down, but like like respond to that because the idea that people were wanting me to dispute the charge really bothered me. Because business owners, especially like this is a woman of color owns a business. I have had just one person dispute buying my course in my community, and the back and forth with my payment process or stripe, and I was all worried, like what is this going to mean for me?
Speaker 2: Like that?
Speaker 1: And on top of that, it's just downright fraudulent, like yeah, and don't do it puts businesses.
Speaker 2: I had a friend of mine who sells glasses, you know already not talking about around all the time. Oh, everyone bought glasses from in very expensive glasses. Disputed the charge and so you know, went back and forth with the company even though they came you know, he had them shipped down and he was like so he was like, hmm, this client works here, came up to their job. They were wearing the glasses. Oh, he came up and he said he had the video on. He said, these are glasses that you didn't get mouth open. He said, I could either send this or you can handle the glasses. Now they handle of the glasses. And so can you imagine.
Speaker 1: Buying from a local business, I mean from you.
Speaker 2: Buy them a local business. You're wearing the things that you've been So this person just makes it people honestly, you really I mean and I'm not really normally here there, like you should be ashamed of yourself to dispute something that you know that you purchased or used. Of course you dispute if some you know, like I didn't buy that thing or someone used my card or of course, but.
Speaker 1: It really was like completely not what they promised. And course they're refusing a refund. It's yeah, but.
Speaker 2: Wearing glasses essentially asking Mandy to wear the glasses that she says she ain't get no, don't get them snatched off your face.
Speaker 1: Ah So, but that whole but putting it out there, and I was really I was a little uncomfortable and like self conscious to put that out there, but it helped me get the clarity that I needed. I'm going, I'm going, yeah, I'm going to go, and I'm going to have a damn good time. And I checked out the speaker list again and I guess back in March, I don't know when this was. It was a few months ago, a couple months ago. The speakers have been updated and I saw a couple of speakers that I'm really excited to hear from. And you know what, like I would, I have not been able to be up here and just like in the room learning and absorbing for a long time, and I just want to be in a room and not have anyone asking me for anything, and I'm just there to like soak up and be a sponge. And I don't know anybody like in terms of someone that I know I'm going to have by my side the whole time. So social anxiety me is a little bit like, but I'm like, where is that girl who took her butt to fing Con and had the time of her life? I had the time of my life, think on that year, and it wasn't about necessarily the conference itself, but it was about me just going to be a professional person and my whole mind to myself and no mom this, no mom that, get out of the tool what are you doing in there? Never mind got some instruments anyway, it was about me just yeah, just like being myself and focusing on my work and having all my full brain and kind of leaving the house stuff behind. And I deserve that again. So I'm going and I've got a friend in the California somewhere We're going to meet up. I might do like a little bit of like a self cared trip. So that is how I am turning that mistake that could have been a mistake, and I'm choosing the brave sort of see the glass half full approach. And so to everyone who encouraged me to do that, thank you because you were right. And to those of y'all who told me to dispute it, shame Kharma, DM, I know, right, where's the bell same.
Speaker 2: I'm really glad that you're going and you get to write it off, right, there's some business right off?
Speaker 1: Yeah, so yeah we can. So the business write off, I mean that would have happened regardless, like I could have written it and I will. But like the travel and all of that is that it rite off too.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So business part up has that any are really expenses that you use to on behalf of the business. So whenever I travel, travel is one of the main things you can write off. Well, not one of the main things, but yeah, so like if it's one thing, if I'm going on vacation and I'm just like, ooh, got here having a good time, unless I am a travel influencer, then absolutely it's part of business. For those who were telling you to scam the system, shame, shame, shame, But I see no shame if you make financial mistakes. As doctor Green always reminds me of my amazing therapist so you're mad at yourself for being human. Make it make sense, girl. If we made all the perfect financial choices, then all of us would be, you know, freaking millionaires. It's just it's just not possible, like or you're gonna make mistakes, okay, and you know so yeah. So we would love, though, to hear your financial mistakes, right, Mandy, Like they should. They should let us know.
Speaker 1: Well, we hear a lot of them because you guys send us questions. I love it, but what I want to hear is like the full arc. So share a story of where you made a mistake financially, but then how did you problem solve and how did you or what lesson did you learn and how will you approach it differently? Because I think we should give ourselves credit for looking at a moment, looking at it differently after the fact, and then doing something positive to move us forward, like can't fix this, can't change this, but let's make the most of it. So can't wait to hear from me? All? Please hit us up dm us at Brand Ambition Podcast on ig or you could email us Brand Ambisson Podcast at gmail dot com.
Speaker 2: Got come there it is, I was waiting for it. We gotta take a quick break right and go for brown boost brown break.
Speaker 1: Let's do it.
Speaker 2: We are back and blacker than ever, and now it's time to boost up, break up, boost up, break up, boot stop, break up? Boost? Are you gonna boost? Is you gonna break? What you're gonna do? What you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Can?
Speaker 2: I can we tell them of the surprise that's happening with kind of like the change in our setup, or we're gonna wait.
Speaker 1: Ken, I mean when will this be airing? We could? Yeah, why not?
Speaker 2: Well that's gonna be our boosty with my boosts if you don't mind me going first, Yeah, okay, go for it. So our boost is we're gonna do a little shaken. We're gonna shake the table. Hodie and Manny and I are going to start taping in person. Mandy's gonna mosy hurway on down to Newark, New Jersey, Jersey Town, and you guys will get to see inside the condo I have like a we're calling it a studio. It's my office, but it's much bigger than my little small space now and so we're gonna takee together.
Speaker 1: We're not in the studio in your new Bridge, Auntie pad I'm excited. I'm because I'm so excited. I'm so excited that you're excited. I think when I proposed the idea to you, I was like, should I try to manipulate her into this and like think or think it was her idea? Now I'm just gonna ask what am I talking about? Because I was like, when you get you get a gut feeling and you're like, oh, this is this is it? Like we should totally do it there because we've been looking at some studio options and I would I mean we have we were in person for maybe like what did we do like a month the first two episodes we were in person back in twenty fifteen at the Yahoo office Times Square. But yeah, to go back in person and to spend a day with you across the table, maybe you have some guests for tea in the middle. I'm very excited about bringing Brown Ambition to your home. Yeah, and starting a new chapter. We are coming up on year nine, so it'll be a decade next year in twenty twenty five, so let's take Yeah, this is basically our tenth year, right, ninth year. I don't know how that works, but I'm really excited nonetheless.
Speaker 2: Yees. So we're gonna give We're gonna we're if you know, since we're meeting in person to tape, we will also have just kind of like a new lineup. It's just gonna be We're gonna it's gonna be the brown, the bea refresh. Okay, so you know, but if you have you know what, we would love some feedback. If you're like, ooh, I love that you guys added a segment talking about this, We are totally open. Yeah, we're gonna do a total ba refresh. So have you been a long time listening, you'll love it more. If you're new, you'll love it even more. So that's my.
Speaker 1: Checks out on YouTube. You better subscribe to YouTube now. I would. I was gonna do it boost, but I kind of feel like now that I brought it up, the girls on YouTube are on our YouTube channel. They're in those comments tip and they love the show. And I'm like, I'm gonna make a point to respond to these comments and get back to y'all because I've been sleeping on it and I'm like, Wow, people are really listening, They're they're engaged. YouTube is where it's at. I can see why influencers are like fleeing from TikTok and going to YouTube in terms of just the community and all that. So thank you, ba Fan, I'm coming. We're coming on YouTube. Check us out. Look up Brown Ambition podcast. Oh okay, So summer is upon us and I'm gonna do a brown boost for a couple of free sources, free or like really low cost sources of activities to do in the summer with these chi rin So one is my public library, and I am I don't know when I forgot about libraries, But have you heard of them, Tiffany?
Speaker 2: I do? I love them?
Speaker 1: Do y'all know about these libraries? So many free events. They have dance parties, they had a bubble bus. They're doing story time. We're going to go today for story time. So I can just be in the background cla clack clack cleaning on my keyboard and on my phone doing work. The local nature center doesn't have to be fancy. They have some turtles, they have some some some ferrets, They have some bugs and some snakes and whatever. But for eighty five dollars we became members. And why do they have so many secret members only events like we're gonna go see a butterfly release yeah on Friday.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I mean we went and made our own bird feeders the other week. And so affordable, so low cost. So if you are out there looking for things to do for yourself or for the cheeren, don't sleep in your libraries and your local nature centers. It does not have to be really expensive camps or god forbid, tablets and phones and screens all day. I'm gonna be outside this summer like I was last summer, just.
Speaker 2: The summer used to have. They used to have these if you read a certain amount of books, you would collect these little erasers that were like collect the boss. And then at the end, if you had like ten books or books read, then they had a pizza party for the kids. It was the library was the jam when I was little?
Speaker 1: Did you have the pizza Hut? Book it challenge?
Speaker 2: Ohn? Did it sounds so familiar?
Speaker 1: Were First of all, child labor laws should probably be assassed if they were going to run this again, because I think you had to read in my head it was six hundred books. That can't possibly be true. Maybe three hundred or three is one hundred even realistic? You had to read a lot of books, and then you would get this sheet of flimsy paper like tissue paper that your teacher or your parents had to fill out, and then you take it to pizza hut and all they would give you was a free personal pan pizza. But you couldn't tell me I had not. This won the Nobel Piece Prize. The way that I was sad for those personal pan pizzas. Oh man, amazing and the old school pizza huts, the Dinings. Did you ever go the Dinons?
Speaker 2: Of course they had the booth salad bar ah.
Speaker 1: Wait, so I don't know. I wasn't a salad bar kid. I was the personal pan pizza kid. And like the red plastic cups that were just always a little bit greasy and you're not sure if they really properly wash them. So many good memories.
Speaker 2: But when they would teach you in a non smoking section.
Speaker 1: I love when you say I'm too young, I'm like, I probably am.
Speaker 2: Even at that young age. I was like, this doesn't make sense. I could smell the smoke. I remember thinking that I could still smell the smoke.
Speaker 1: Oh, I do remember, because I would run ahead of my mom and be like can we sit in the non smoking section? And she would be so mad at like Ruby Tuesday, being like, bandy, what did you do? I'm sorry, that's my lungs all right? Aba? Fam? What do we want to say? Oh yeah, leave us a review, rate review, subscribe, tell a friend, tell a friend, we can't wait to celebrate our night in aniversary with y'all, and let me check really quick if we have any new reviews to read. No, we don't. That makes me sad, so sad, but oh that's the exploitive one. Okay, riba fan, We will see you next time Monday, Wednesday, Friday every week.
Speaker 2: Bye,