Speaker 1: Hey man, it's your boy Friday. Check me out on the Bootleg cav podcast.
Speaker 2: Bootleg Caps show Man Special guests here Friday. Welcome Sir. Debut album coming coming soon, man, I mean obviously, man, this album is you guys. A lot of people are looking at you right now.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: We talked to BT. I said, you're kind of like the new you need the new go to. I need to hook up my rap album guy right now. Yeah, that's what it is.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: Do you feel the anticipation? Do you feel any pressure?
Speaker 1: Nah? No pressure, just good music, bro. Yeah, that's all I'm used to doing, giving out good music.
Speaker 2: How would you describe the album?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 2: Life music, bro, like shoot to live to Yeah, ain't nothing in there.
Speaker 1: That's there's something there for everybody. That's what I'm saying. Like, that's why I encourage everybody listen to the whole projects. R and B songs, pain songs, inspirational, afrobeat. You know what I'm saying, It's something for everybody.
Speaker 2: How old were you when you discovered this beautiful voice of yours?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: Like, when you really knew you had you had like a unique tone and voice that was very special.
Speaker 1: I was like I was singing when I was a young and early at church, but like I ain't know, like I had a unique voice to probably like high school, Okay, my voice is getting deeper. Shit, So yeah, once you start growing up your voice, yeah, and it was like niggas be like then you got like a deeper voice. It was like different, you know what I'm saying. Like that's when I found out I had a unique voice. And then starting to make music every day while I was in high school, That's when I felt my sound. That's how I realized how to use my voice in a different way and not sound like everybody else.
Speaker 2: For you, like, uh, you've done a great job and pretty cool. Like I feel like a lot of artists kind of start off as like writers and they let that rock for like some years and then they go the artist route. I feel like you've done that in a quicker, quicker way, right, Because was it Chris Brown that initially kind of gave you a shot on was it Breezy Breezy?
Speaker 1: I wrote Will's fall Off News right here. That was like the first I've been writing for like a year or two. That was like the first big placement I got Chris Brown.
Speaker 2: Wow, that's a fucking that's Chris Breezy.
Speaker 1: And like that was June last year, right a month after that guy did came out. So like before niggas knew out, like I was a known writer. I feel like I was seeing your name though you was seeing my name. I was seeing your name. I was putting some work in, but it was like it wasn't like, oh he he a go to writer, Like this was up.
Speaker 2: On your ship before God did. Like I remember, he was really into your ship. Like, yo, that Friday Due is hard because he's an engineer and a singer. Yeah, because he's probably because he an engineer. Niggas in the industry knew me, but the world didn't know like here a writer, you know what I'm saying. So I got introduced to the world as an artist. The only people that really knew me as a writer was you know, the engineers, like if you know you know type you know.
Speaker 1: But I ain't never want to be no writer, bro, I just I knew that was the way that was kind of your way to get you in the door.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like my manager to me, like when I met him, he like being a songwriter might be an easier way to get in.
Speaker 2: I feel like it is the easiest way.
Speaker 1: It is the easiest way because because you're.
Speaker 2: Kind of there to help the artist. You're an artist, you're there to kind.
Speaker 1: Of because look, bro, like when you meet and urs and executive label niggas, you telling them your artists don't really mean ship to them unless you got some.
Speaker 2: Motion, because they hear it.
Speaker 1: They hear it every day, especially if they go on your Instagram. You know you don't got no motion. They don't give a fun going to check Spotify. Yeah, they're gonna check everything, and they really don't give a fuck. Even if you're nice and ship, it doesn't matter. It don't matter.
Speaker 2: Show me, show me the.
Speaker 1: Audience, Show me the audience. So if you go up to the niggas and be like, bro, I could get artists ten hooks. That's what they want to hear, bro Like, y' y'all need hooks, y'all need beats. I could do your whole album. Yeah, you go up to an end or like that, I promise you the studio tonight. Yeah, I'm playing some ship. So that's really the easiest way. I encourage every artist at if you're good, start there. Yeah, still do your artist, ship, don't lose yourself, but like try to get in by writing.
Speaker 2: I mean so many grades have done that, like shout to Eric, shout to Neo, I mean ship, Yeah, on and on and on, tons of folks like that. So obviously Chris Brown album comes out and then out of nowhere this God Did record, which is one of the We talked about this a bit on at the BT radio room, but like, obviously, man, this God Did Ship is like one of the craziest jay Z verses we've ever gotten. I mean from performing he Hunt the BET Awards, uh, I mean just just the Grammy Ship he said, get it right. It was the gram such an insane moment in hip hop. I mean, got calid. I feel like that record really kind of really set call it up to you know, be looked at it in a different way in terms of like putting records together. But give me the backstory of like, I guess the whole process of that song, because we've seen the video of you singing it was that in your bedroom? And that was that? Did you did you record that prior? Like like while you're actually cutting that hook? I made it. That's just crazy. I knew it was going to be special. I will tell you a story like I told you I was writing for a little bit. So I was in this pub deal in the A and R left and it was on some ship like I ain't have nobody else, like I'm broken ship, I ain't had no connection. And then too the building besides that A and R. So me and my team was looking for like a buyout.
Speaker 1: Somebody else would buy out my manager, Edgar, buy me out my pub deal. So my manager, Edgar, he connected the Eddie Mary J. Blise manager he worked at another pub company, Prescription. He telling him like, bro, we need to looking for a buyout. We needed this buyout like hed one. I'm telling you like he was just pushing that. And then Moneys go by. They finally buy me out with my pub deal. M hm. So we fresh into this pub deal. Chris Brown come out, and then I'm watching cal It on Instagram say God did every day like every time I wake up. I think he said God did like every day for like three months, I've been had like a guy did simple. And then I called my manager. I'm like, bro, let's send it, let's send it up, call it simple. He's like, nah, I make a hook, like a real hook, like just you type shit. I made the hook, Brock. As soon as I started like the idea, I called my cameraman, bro I said, come to the crib. This is special. Like I already had the melody, like before I recorded it, I already had like the melody, not even the words. I just knew where I was gonna take it. As soon as I made it, Broh, I knew this she was the one.
Speaker 2: Now did you get pretty immediate feedback from Cali that like, oh this is something like this is but I know you didn't know who didn't make You didn't know who actually made it on the record for a while right now.
Speaker 1: So look after I made it, right, we called Eddie. We played it for Eddie that Nigga went crazy. He had Cali number texted to cal Cali takes it back like the next day, I need this on my album, you know what I'm saying. Like a week go by, we already starting the paperwork. It's at first it was supposed to be like a like a just me with the keys. How you hear my hook? A couple of days go by, he like I just put three artists on here and a singer said this shit gonna live forever. As soon as he said that, Bro, I'm already thinking like Nahs, Kanye jay Z, I'm thinking all high level names based off the like the record. Yeah, for sure. So I heard rumors of who was on the track, but I ain't here the track till it came out, Bro, like everybody else.
Speaker 2: So when you heard jay Z had like a fucking I don't know how many minutes long was it? Five minutes longer? Five minutes longer made it impossible to play at radio. I'll tell you that they were trying to make all kind of random versions of that song when they were working at the radio. I'm like, guys, this is too long. Guys, this is not seven minute song is not working at radio.
Speaker 1: God bless it. It's a great record.
Speaker 2: But what was your reaction here in hope?
Speaker 1: Go off? Nah?
Speaker 2: It was crazy, bro, quite possibly the best guest jay Z for Top three. Guess jay Z vers ever.
Speaker 1: Gonna live forever, Bro, just normal part of that. It's a blessing. Bro.
Speaker 2: Were you nervous doing the Grammy performance outside with everybody?
Speaker 1: Like? Yeah, I was nervous as shit, like, so they told me I was performing I was. I was bitching, bro, like the whole It's like a month before they told me I was I was performing. I'm like, fuck, Bro, Like, I didn't expect this this early.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like, do you like, do you like really like train like a fighter trains training your voice, making sure you fucking yeah.
Speaker 1: You know what I mean? Like the week of the Grammys, Bro, every day I was singing Guy did like all day just so it's like by the time the Grammys come, I can't mess up because I've been singing it all week. When I woke up shower singing that shit. I remember, like right before he was about to perform, Calik came to my where I was getting dressed that type shit it's on my TikTok and he played the instrumental in my ear. His whole team, everybody else, jay Z, everybody else. Had he put the gin in my ear. I don't even know he thought I was gonna sing. That was before the performance, and I just start singing it everybody like he ready and I just once that happened, Bro, I just went on stage that same energy. Bro knocked it out the park.
Speaker 2: Talk about like some of your influences growing up obviously being out of Philly Man. Philly is obviously a legendary hip hop city. There's so many different artists. We can go back to the roots obviously all the way to meet Mill and you know, Free Way, all that good ship. But like, who were you influenced by growing up?
Speaker 1: I grew up in a church, so it was just like soul for music when I was a kid. And then like when I outside of that, I'll start going to like Boys to Men. You know what I'm saying, Like, what was.
Speaker 2: That dude with that deep voice on Boys to Men? Deepest ship? I know you're talking about he was talking shit. I forgot his name though, but that was like, I hope he's on cameo. That'd be the cameo to get like to have him lay down your voice, like your voicemail, like, hey what up, ladies, you call Friday, leave a voicemail and yes, this is me from Boys to Man. Yeah, that was like my like first and obviously Philly legends.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so it's like and then it was like right after they was just like all R and B like Jamie Fox, Brian Knight. Then I started like living my life and like Meek Mill, Kanye West and Drake shouts of I mean Jamie Fox alien level talent. Yeah, different niggas don't know, like they sleep on his music.
Speaker 2: That first album that Unpredictable. Yeah, what was that song called One Night?
Speaker 1: Was it one Night Occasion? That ship? That ship man?
Speaker 2: I was, I'm so glad he's all right.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure.
Speaker 2: He one of the ones, top tier actor, top tier comedian, top tier singers, singers, just everything.
Speaker 1: He's a beast man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and shot to a shot to his new movie The Clone Tyrone going right now, Yeah, it's going crazy. So obviously you you end up for you the catalyst to start writing. And like, I guess everyone kind of you said you had a pub deal that you had to get bought out of, right, So what was like your first initial like real step into being in the quote unquote music industry? Like how did you get that initial pub deal? Like before we really knew who you were, you know what I'm saying?
Speaker 1: Uh shit around? Like he was like twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, that's when I met my manager. Remember he was like, bro start writing, Yes, So when I met him, I was like making like ten.
Speaker 2: Hooks a week, bro, Like were you still in Philly. Yeah, I was in the same room at the crib. At the crib, you're like cutting the hooks, sending him to him, and then he's doing his.
Speaker 1: Job getting he's sending it out. So it's like I was made like ten ten songs a week. Yeah. At that time, I was close to my man produced, my producer, the Newso, and I started making a lot of beats on his a lot of hooks on a lot of hooks on his beat, and he was about to get signed. But the person he was about to sign to, they're like, who that on the hooks? Like, you know what I'm saying. He hard. So that's how like, that's how that happened with my first pub deal tape. Shit.
Speaker 2: And now when they ask who's that on the hook? They keep you on the hook. Yeah, they keep they keep me. Now now they're like, oh, that's the Friday, Sure, we're gonna need that come over here. How in demand are you in terms of just like artists trying to get you on their ship, and how selective are you being with that because a lot of people burn out pretty quick.
Speaker 1: When it comes to oversaturating. Yeah, it's like I look at every situation like do it what do it do for both who us? They like do it benefit me? Or sometimes about the music for like the song's amazed, so amazed, and I'm fucking with you, but it's like I'm down to work with whoever. Bro Like it's just gotta makes sense for the both of us, you know what I'm saying. Like at the same time, I'm giving my own my own, my own music. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So it's not like I'm building the already built a fanbase.
Speaker 2: Probably harder for you to give away hooks at this point because you're like, I mean that could that could be my ship?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I make so much music. There's more where that came from.
Speaker 2: It's like I got like five hundred that I'm not using. I just wanted to say with the great ones, the great ones aren't greedy because it's just more where that is. I'm gonna just write another one tomorrow, so go ahead take it, like help us out, like it's gonna help my picture the program.
Speaker 1: Like in like my music, like I say, and the music I dropped like on my projects lost the melody and ship. It's a very distinctive sound like so like a lot of the ship I make, I'm like, damn, that's not for me. I just give it to somebody else. You kind of you know what I'm saying. Yeah, you don't fit in my album. So everything I make for me is like one hundred percent for me. Yeah. So like say I'm working on an album, I'll make fourteen songs, and all fourteen songs going album. You know what I'm saying, Like, I'm not making I'm not even finishing the song right for me, And it's not you know what I'm saying. So I got like five hundred like that I wouldn't drop, but I could get somebody. Sure, it's a nice problem to have, No, for sure, we.
Speaker 2: Got to stop the interview real quick to tell you about our folks at my bookie. Man, look my bookie. NFL season is approaching, and you know what they just added that I love is that early cash out. Let's say you got a ticket and it's looking great, you can cash out early on that ticket, all right, I love it all right. Plus, of course, my Bookie's got the full casino going down, and if you sign up right now using the promo code Bootleg, they will give you that first deposit bonus up to one thousand dollars. All right, so head over to my bookie asap. Look, we're got an NFL coming. There's baseball you can get along right now, and of course the full service casino blackjack with the real dealer, roulette, craps, whatever you're into, slot machines, you could do it and cash out right on my bookie. All right. All you got to do is sign up with that new promo code Bootleg. When you sign up, trust me when I say it's a new account, they're gonna get you that first deposit bonus, all right, So go to my bookie right now. Use that promo code boot Leg when you sign up for a new account. Also got to give a big shout out to the family at King Palm, the official sponsor of the Bootleg cap podcast. Ither about King Palm is of course it's all about organic, all right. No tobacco. This is straight organic leaves. This's the only thing I smoke out of. And what I love about it is they have these turping infused flavor tips and they're so good. The squeezing pops. This is the watermelon man. They got, the dragon fruit, they got the grape, whatever you're into. Trust me, they got it all right. They're available at your local smoke shop. You can also go to kingpom dot com and use the promo code bootleg and save half off. So fifty percent off if you use that promo code bootleg at kingpom dot com. And man, trust me, the squeezing pop is where it's at. I've had so many people come in here and they're like, yo, you squeeze and then you get the flavor right away. All right, it's and of course it's tobacco free. It's a healthy smoke. So make sure you rock with King Pom at your local seven eleven, your local liquor store, or go get fifty percent off at kingpinm dot com promo code Bootleg. Let's get back to the interview. We know Chris Brown's on the album. Anybody else on the album? I'm sure there's tons of features. Let's be honest. Can you share any When do you want us to drop it where you can talk about the features. We could drop it whenever. When you when you dropping the track?
Speaker 1: I'm like a week before, so good, I got I got the veto on the track list, Shout out to him. Yeah, I mean Fireboys.
Speaker 2: And by the way, David Oh, is how you say his name? Yeah? I say, I thought I thought Listen. I interviewed him, and I watched a bunch of interviews with him from Africa and they were saying David Oh. So when I said David Oh, he was like, you said my name right, And I was.
Speaker 1: Like, man, I was like yes, because I thought it was the veto the Vito David Oh say Fireboy, Yeah, Fireboy, Chris Brown, I got Byron Massaliah chat Man.
Speaker 2: You got that fucking afrobeat gods right now? That that Taliban's is going crazy right now.
Speaker 1: I got the boys on there? Who else on there? And Maverick City. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with the gospel group. It's like a choir. Oh fire I let them on the intro the It's Crazy album. Any rappers Nah? No rappers? Wow?
Speaker 1: I might. I might throw some like remix I had. I had some rappers I wanted on there. But you know what I'm saying is timing mm hmm, well hopefully on like some remixes.
Speaker 2: That's crazy, Like so is the afrobeat tongue. Is everybody on the on the same song or do you have multiple I got multiple fire. Yeah, that's like that's like my second home. Like music wise, I ain't because I'm Haitian. So that like afro beat feeling is in me. It's the funnest genre. It's like, finally there's music that people can dance to happening like on the mainstream level, you know for sure. It's like the best part of the club night is when like DJ because people are having fun. It's like, shout out to marsh Madness. I love it, but I've been hearing it for like ten years. It's like it's like, yeah, I could pop bottles to that, but I'm not gonna. Yeah, So for you, like, uh, let's break that because because you're one of the hook guys. Now, who would you say, is like Mount Rushmore of the best hook men of all time? Who's the hook gods?
Speaker 1: My hook gods?
Speaker 2: Nate dog Nate Dogges. I feel like undisputed top number one slot, right, yeah, Nate.
Speaker 1: Then I'm gonna go to go to Chris Brown. Of course, I'm gonna go to Tire Dollar shout out to Tie, and then I'm gonna go to at the Tie. I'm gonna go to sanfa Oh yeah, like not even though he did a lot of hooks, but but the ones he did d fuck Everybody album look tip on right now.
Speaker 2: Like I think back to the video of like when Man and like Artists, and I just remember being like, damn, I really need to dive into this guy's catalog.
Speaker 1: If he's making grown Man cry out here, you're making real music, bro. Like a lot of bullshit be overshadowed, but the music, the real music will be put in the back a lot nowadays. But when you're telling like a nigga like Sanfah Special, Bro.
Speaker 2: I donna say, like, uh, what what was it like growing up in Philly for you? Because we kind of hear so much. You know, my co host DJ Damages from Philly, and he would always tell me like about North Philly and places like Chester, Pennsylvania, and just like like Philly is like that just that area in general, wild place. And there's a lot of videos that have been going viral recently of like because Fatana shit's really bad. You've probably seen the videos of people like slumped out, like looking like zombies all over the streets ship out there.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's like near where I'm from, a.
Speaker 2: Little bit by the way, also happening here in LA. But you know, but what was it like for you up in Philly? I mean, obviously you were going to church, and you know, I'm sure you were. You had a great childhood, but like, was it was it easier or hard for you to deal with like kind of staying out of that ship.
Speaker 1: You know, church was in the trenches. Yeah, like my pop church was in the trenches, bro. So it was like, it's not like I had an easy childhood. Like as soon as you step out of church, it might be a shootout, you know.
Speaker 2: What I mean, but you were able to kind of keep It's kind of like you gotta like.
Speaker 1: It's a rough neighborhood, bro. It's easy to like fall into in that lifestyle, right, and it's like you really just got to stay out the way, Like just stay out the way, bro, like because it would be like you be in the way, not even on some dumb shit, you just be in the way some crazy way, just like you're at the wrong place at the right time. So what I will say, like I was always focused on music, like everybody knew me, Like that's fried like on some music ship, like you know what I'm saying. Like I used to gineer niggas in Philly, produce for niggas like on some studio ship, you know what I'm saying. So it was just like I was always on some music shipping out the way for her. So it's definitely like a rough city though. But you really gotta like just s you gotta be.
Speaker 2: Focused so you don't get fall into you know, yeah, what do you how do you feel about the other trend that's happened in Philly right now? If you think you guys are too rare and just like the dance ship is going crazy.
Speaker 1: They have bro, they're having a way. Yeah, they having like it's beautiful bro to see.
Speaker 2: Who's the group kids? You guys just signed? Yeah yeah yeah, the sturdy ship is going crazy. I mean, I'm just like it's like everybody's kind of doing their own version Philly thing.
Speaker 1: Everybody having fun bro, Like they brought it like a fun.
Speaker 2: Vibe, fun energy that was missing.
Speaker 1: And that's why I like Afro beat doing what they're doing, Like you being the club. All these somethings about killing and ship, all this Afro shit, Come on, niggas, want to have funny dance, bro, Like I feel that why Afro doing so good? And even the niggas from Philly, like they bring in like good vibes back.
Speaker 2: I mean I'm thinking like even like obviously Uzzi's from Philly, right, so Uzzi like doing just want to rock. It's like the biggest song in the club for like a year. It's like just this fun song, like fun music.
Speaker 1: Bro. And them regular niggas too from the trenches too, so like don't get it, like you know what I'm saying. Like them they just decide, Yeah, they focus on the right ship, like we don't gotta be on those streets ship making songs about violence and all that. They just having fun.
Speaker 2: Bro, did you ever like tap in with like like obviously prior to your generation, but did you ever dive into any of the roots music back from back in the day, Uh, A little bit like Black Cloud's is one of the greatest rappers that walk on the planet. You know, I wasn't really on that, but I wasn't on that though, but I'm familiar, Like I know they legends. You gotta quest love having played drums on a song or something. I know, clench love U shitting the drums just like yo being on man, come and play drums on this just for Philly.
Speaker 1: Yeah for sure. But I wasn't really on them early, like I.
Speaker 2: Mean, you weren't on them early because you also weren't alive exactly, because being on them early would have been you were listening to them m because I think their first album was like ninety two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was knowing them a lot.
Speaker 2: And that album isn't even on Spotify. You gotta buy it like on a real Yeah, it's like yeah. And then you know Scott Storch, Yeah, he was in the roots for that's crazy.
Speaker 1: I knew that. Somebody told me that started in the roots. Legend. You gotta get with Storch man.
Speaker 2: Have you got in with him yet?
Speaker 1: No? No yet? The legend though.
Speaker 2: Let him tell you some stories. I know he got some crazy, the craziest ever. Any girl that you think of. When I say this to you right now, that pops in your head.
Speaker 1: He is true.
Speaker 2: He fucked everybody first, So whatever girls just popped up in your head.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: Then everybody, everybody, we gotta sit down with skorts. You gotta go out to Miami.
Speaker 1: I heard he went stupid when he was up and then he went down. But he's back up. You back up right now.
Speaker 2: He got through it.
Speaker 1: I heard that story he used to snack.
Speaker 2: The amount of money Scott Storts was spending on just like everything was just I mean, Jesus Christ, God blessed that guy.
Speaker 1: I'm just a legend. Cousin Mark Sor. We'll be having an argument like who better Timbo or Scortch. I'll be going with Timbo. Yeah, you know, some say stop Scott Storch.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's like Timberland's like top three. Ever, so his range is insane. Jay Z he can do Bubba Sparks. He could do it, and he could do it Nellie.
Speaker 1: Fortado Like that's why he's my favorite.
Speaker 2: The range of him is insane. How you have you heard anybody try to make an AI version of yourself yet? No, I'm waiting it's gonna happen, and I want to hear it though, like crazy like can AI now your your tone? You know?
Speaker 1: I mean now?
Speaker 2: And some others Crazy Ship they are Rihanna Kanye the Rihanna Tims remixed.
Speaker 1: That ship crazy Fire. Yeah, I've seen some other ship. It was a I think it was Kanye and Frank. Kanye is sung a Frank Ocean joint. No, Kanye's under Justin Biever Junk. And that ship was crazy though.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's kind of crazy that a I think is getting a little it's getting little sketch.
Speaker 1: They I hope they shut that ship down.
Speaker 2: They're not going to the labels are going to start sucking. They're doing the same ship the actors are doing.
Speaker 1: The actor You.
Speaker 2: See a why the actors are on strike. They're trying to slide in a little artificial intelligence into the movies. Yeah, so like extras, Like they want the extras to be like AI, Like they want to be able to scan like an actor and then use their artificial likeliness. It's coming, bro.
Speaker 1: Ship they got that one joint where the boy made a uh I think some boy made a song like Drake Future in the weekend, that ship hit like a million the.
Speaker 2: First Oh yeah, yeah, this was like yeah, this was like what maybe like six months ago, seven months and that ship went.
Speaker 1: This ship hard because.
Speaker 2: It's like also not a bad idea if you're a writer. I wonder if it's a terrible idea to like.
Speaker 1: Writers on there right now, writers doing all AI ship.
Speaker 2: Because like this is what this is like, let me send this out. So, like my thing is is, if you're a writer and you write a song for Drake, do you send the AI Drake version to his team? So look, this is how he would sound. I've seen some ship, Like I don't like, what's some writer? They got some ship I can imagine, man, Like they're not even writing more. Hey, we got to stop the interview to tell you about our folks at odd Socks. Baby, shout out to odd Socks man. The most comfortable socks in the world. Listen, they got all the licenses. If you love chips, you know what I'm saying. They got the Funians, they got the god damned Dorito's. Uh they got Godfather. What's double about odd Socks is not only is the most comfortable sock in the world that you could put on your feet, they also just introduced their draws. That's right. We got odd Socks basics underwear, right, which are amazing.
Speaker 1: So if you.
Speaker 2: If you just like that clean cut, you know we got the black ones, or if you're a fan of a little bit of the uh reesis you know what I'm saying. Look, go to odd socksofficial dot com Right now, use that promo code Bootleg and you'll save twenty percent off at checkout. The most comfortable socks in the world. They got the basics. These are a pair of the basics. These are They're just so comfortable, dude, Like, trust me what I say, all right, if you're into wrestling, if you're in the Transformers power Rangers, got damn Pepsi coke, they got both, you know what I'm saying. Shout out to odd Socks, odd socksofficial dot com. Use that promo code Bootleg, save twenty percent off at checkout. Also got a shout out to the family at Blue Chew. That's right hot as hell outside. What does that have to do with blue Shoe? I haven't decided yet, but I do know if you're dealing with the rectile dysfunction, or maybe you're thing ain't thanging like it should be thanging. You know what I'm saying, get that blue shoe. Same active ingredient as viagra and sialis. Yes, all right, but it's getting straight to your door in a very discrete package. No doctor's appointments, no doctor's visits, all right, it's all online blue Choo dot Com all right, and this was dope about blue Choo one. It makes your dick work like it's never worked before. We're just being honest. Imagine like Barry Bonds seventy one home run season, but the dick form, that's how you're gonna be feeling when you're on these blue choos.
Speaker 1: All right.
Speaker 2: Trust me when I say it's a chewable form, they just drop their mint chewables as well. There's so much to go down with a blue Choo dot Com. Use that promo code bootleg and they'll send you your first month for free. Yes, you're asking me, does blue Choo work? Of course it does. Find out for yourself for free blue Choo dot Com promo code bootleg. All right, go get you a month of blue Choo for free and thank me later. Your wife will be thinking me, your girl will be thinking me, Your dick will be thinking me. You know what I mean. All right, let's get back to the interview. Are you your your process? You're are you straight melody than punching.
Speaker 1: Or yeah, yeah, I'm melody punching in yeah or melody and just thinking.
Speaker 2: Pro tools guy, When you're recording yourself.
Speaker 1: Logic.
Speaker 2: Wow, we just this guy just switched over to logic right here. He loves like, Oh, I'm a logic Yeah. Logic is the ship, though, the ship.
Speaker 1: I've been on there for like ten years.
Speaker 2: And you don't need a license, you don't need a fucking little USB thing. Yeah, logic much logic, much easier to get cracked.
Speaker 1: Yeah for you. Yeah, I got a nigga here, Craig.
Speaker 2: If you're interested in this, in stealing software, Logic much easier to.
Speaker 1: Steal in proteins, for sure. One hundred man.
Speaker 2: All right, So the album's coming out.
Speaker 1: Win August twenty fifth.
Speaker 2: That's very soon. Yeah, that's two weeks away. Three weeks away. Ship with Day the seventh, Like three weeks What is today? Bro the eleventh? I don't even know. Today's the fourth? Holy shit, dogs like my whole life. I have no idea what's going on anywhere?
Speaker 1: Today's the fourth? All right?
Speaker 2: Three weeks away the debut album. I'm very excited for it. Debut album, man, Yeah, a lot of people looking forward to this.
Speaker 1: Man, it's gonna touch a lot of people too.
Speaker 2: Have you picked the next single yet?
Speaker 1: Obviously?
Speaker 2: The Chris Brown Songs going crazy. But have you guys picked the next singer? You're gonna let the fans. We dropped another one. We dropped a single two weeks ago that when it comes to you.
Speaker 1: Who's on that? Wasn't that one? That was just you? Okay, I didn't hear that, So Chris Brown Jump, we dropped when it comes to you, it's going crazy right now, the video going crazy.
Speaker 2: And you know what's gonna happen when the album comes out. You guys are gonna see them streams go up and whatever record. And that's usually I feel like that's kind of the new way to you throw out the singles and then you put the album and then let the fans kind of gravitate towards especially with these bigger artists. Now, the labels will hit me and they'll be like, Hey, which song do you like on the album that just came out with no note like Utopia right, like no one likes k pop.
Speaker 1: Probably the worst song on the album, Nigga Crazy.
Speaker 2: It is the worst song on the album. It's not a terrible song. I love Utopia each on, but it's like, if you're gonna go with a record, you gotta go with the meltdown right to each is on what's your favorite do you like?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 2: First of all, what are your thoughts on Utopia? It's a great album, great production. Yeah, I liked it, Yeah, I like it. Yeah, what's your what's your album of the year so far?
Speaker 1: This year?
Speaker 2: Besides you can't say a.
Speaker 1: Great question, don't yourself album of the year? And on my phone.
Speaker 2: Because the narrative is it's been a pretty rough year for music.
Speaker 1: It's been a crazy year, not the best year. I'm gonna have to go on some afro beat shit probably okay, Yeah, I'll be on the asro shiit. Hip hop is like, like you said, it's been I don't feel like niggas. Nigga's not focused no more how they used to be.
Speaker 2: Like That's why, in my opinion, the best album of the year so far as Killer Mike's album.
Speaker 1: I heard that shit was crazy and somebody played me that John too. It's a joint Andre three thousand on there My Future hard yep. Andre three thousand Future.
Speaker 2: Also worked on that album for like four years, so that's I mean, listen.
Speaker 1: Based off that sound song alone, bro production, cadence, real music, bro, and that's what I'm saying like that music is not being pushed in front of the bullshit like he dropped the album of the year. I would get on some rap shit how when I listen, But it's like so much bullshit be put in the front of our face. The real music is pushing it back, bro, Like you know what I'm saying. So I feel like niggas gotta start back. I feel like back then, bro, all the all the the ship that was put in the front of our face, it had some like some structure to us, you know what I'm saying, Like fifty these niggas was making hooks that everybody could sing.
Speaker 2: Bro, Like, listen, I'm to get your take because you're a songwriter, right. I feel, for whatever reason right now, like the women in hip hop are like the only people who are really kind of applying themselves and trying to make real records. And I don't know if that's because you know, they're in with more writers or they they're they're they're try I just feel like women are making the most palatable, palatable records with structure, with hooks, with like melodies like it just I feel like they're really running circles around uh. Male artists right now in terms of just like when you turn the radio on, like.
Speaker 1: They having any way. Yeah, cat, like the.
Speaker 2: Chicks are killing it, like shout out the sexy red dog.
Speaker 1: She having a way.
Speaker 2: Like I think they killing it more because they being themself type shit. They're not trying too hard.
Speaker 1: Just being them and just you know what I'm saying, even they they were origin of themself.
Speaker 2: And I also think women are very like, uh, for whatever reason, a lot of women artists are like extremely open to like bringing in help for melodies, for hooks. I'm not saying for verses, but you know, no men and niggas is too. Yeah, I mean, but you can't. You just can't hear it in the songs. Yeah, motherfucker is just rapping like three minutes. You're like, wait, where's the Oh, that's the hook?
Speaker 1: Like, oh, bro, these niggas just making These niggas will wrap the whole song and just make the song title or something they said in the song they got no hook.
Speaker 2: And then the hook is just like it sounds like an extension.
Speaker 1: Of a verse.
Speaker 2: And then when you hear it back again the verse, Yes, and it's the laziest.
Speaker 1: Ship said in the verse. They will name the title of the song. Oh the fucking bro. We need a new we need a new age. Fifty cent bro, we need something this nigga fifty cent made hooks. Sure that joh Nelly hooks bro Like, so when you're in the club, everybody's singing that hook bro like that ship. That's why I think hip hop not where it needs to be right now. Bro, I agree with you, man, people gotta start making records again. Shout out to uh so everybody. They're trying though, you know what I mean.
Speaker 2: Look, Friday, the album comes out on August twenty fifth, which is also a Friday. It'd only be right your album comes out on a Friday. Well, all albums come out on a Friday. But we're going to act like this is on purpose. You know, back in the day on a Friday, if it came out on today, was still to jump And look at us filming this interview on a Friday, sure Jesus, you know, like we're super woke and all that shit's lining up and there's some sort of hidden meaning in that, and we're will decipher and let the fans kind of figure out how Illuminati is involved in this interview. Friday, dropping an album on Friday while being interviewed on a Friday. All right, there it is, man, I appreciate you.
Speaker 1: Brother Boom. Hey, what up? Man?
Speaker 2: You just watched another episode of the Blue Ley Cap Podcast, brought to you by Hard Dean. Baby. Shout out to the family at Hard Dean. Don't forget. Make sure if you're in Las Vegas, you get into that taxi as soon as you land to get into that uber, say take me to Hard Dean. All right, they're gonna take get you, taken care of the most craziest premium selection of cannabis you'll ever find under one roofs Vibe in there, the butt tenders, they gonna take care of you. Man, Listen, tell them I sent you. They're gonna get you right. Shout out to the family at Harden in Las Vegas, the number one dispensary in the world, all right, and we are so proud to be partners with them. So shout out to Harden. Go follow them online Hardan Underscore Las Vegas and check out their website Hardinlasvegas dot com. Get you some swag. You know you can't buy this, but you know, yeah, Shout out to Hardeen,