Speaker 1: What's yeah? What up? He with up? What's money? What up? Hey? You got your customs ship?
Speaker 2: See yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you're right right. Hey, now we over here talking about you see what Yanna said?
Speaker 1: What Yanna say about what?
Speaker 2: He don't even watch basketball?
Speaker 1: So so, bro, this is where I'm at with it, Joe real ship.
Speaker 2: Like after watching the All Star Game and and seeing how they don't care to see him say that. That was crazy to hear that. So it's like where everywhere the game going.
Speaker 1: I'm just I'm just saying, Bro, I think we gotta take a real and I'm saying this from the league perspective. We gotta take a real look. You gotta take a real look at the All Star Game. All Star Game is not held with the same prestige. It's not held with the same the same hurrah. You know how it used to be used to be the pinnacle, used to be the All Star and then the finals. Those are the two things you're chasing, right, Yeah, all Star ain't it? First off, the All Stars don't even get to enjoy All Star Week. You see, really extra days now? No bro, today they get day break starts Monday through Wednesday. So that means after fucking the game, I gotta get on the flight. I gotta fly right to Cowbo. Guess what I wake up. It's Monday morning. I'm in Cowbo. Wednesday, I gotta leave. I gotta go wherever we practicing that Friday practice we play Saturday? When we play, were flying out that night and go the next day? Oh no, no, no, we flying out to going to where we're playing next. We didn't get over break. Yeah yeah, we're going where we're playing next and got practice. Listen, first off, the LEADU need the address, be honest. None of the All Star wants to play in the All Star Game. Nah, they don't. Let's just keep it real. They're just happy with making the air eighty percent eighty five percent of the plays you see coming to the league, coming to the All Star Game gotta pay. You're paying the extra six to seven figures to get to the All Star Game.
Speaker 2: I'm a lion. P Yeah, you's not hotel.
Speaker 1: Listen, bro, they give you two tickets. You got more than two people with you, bro, and the I'm talking about when you young, ain't talking about when you got a family. I'm talking about when you young, you got you got squad with you and you in here. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. You get two tickets to listen. Listen, Lord, you come with fifteen ten people. That's that's like mom, girlfriend, friend, friend, it's six, it's seven. So the money the league makes from the player the individuals brust another six figures and then we're in the shitty ass town to where it ain't nothing to do after two o'clock. Bro, you we get here on a Thursday. I'm tiring of jet like, I gotta get up Friday. I got the media, then I gotta go do another two hours of media they got. We gotta go do the community. That's another two hours, bro. The All Star Game needs to be a total It needs to be reshifted. Then they talking about throwing money on hit twen centivisity kids.
Speaker 2: I mean, it's already enough money, No bro.
Speaker 1: It's enough, and you're celebrating these kids, but then you're burning them out at the same time. Wimby. I saw Wimby Thursday, Friday, shouty Sunday. Womy didn't getting no break brow. You know what?
Speaker 2: You know what every year I went to All Star break you know, I would lose six or seven pounds just to just pee being able to half time to eat.
Speaker 1: Pee. You going to and you pee out the dark and you you look me in you. I know, y'all know, I ain't even had a meal. You going dope pee a nigga like me. After the second one, I was like, oh, hell no, in here. My boys like I start bringing up My rooms were so big. I started bringing the party to my room, like, nah, I ain't going now bring bring everybody up here. You want to enjoy. You got over here, you got jay Z performing over here. They used to Yeah, I'm getting that. The players party. You want to go see, ain't what happened to that? I don't do that no more. They used to have a player's party. That was like the That was the lizen to come to office. You don't go out Jordan party, the players party. You don't go to nobody because a I used to always have a dope party. See Webbs, you thought Shot used to always have a dope bass party.
Speaker 2: Players party, Players party, boy, the players. Everybody want to go to the players party. Bro.
Speaker 1: When you start taking these out, when you start taking these out, bro, you fucking up all start weekend and then bue you playing the game, and then I don't know what niggas talking about. You don't want to get hurt, Bro. We play ain't a game and guess what, Bro, I want to see your best against my best. Bro. If I can, if I can pull up in the summer and see y'all play super hardy lifetime, that's the game. You know what we watched them? Do you know that summertime run? We watched Pete and we see them niggas in lifetime playing. That's what everybody want to see an All Star game. Niggas want to see that. Niggas want to see that style play right there.
Speaker 2: If y'all want to watch the All Star game, go to the Rico Heines runs.
Speaker 1: You sell a this summer. You're gonna get a better product out of that that right there. If the league can get a camera and that ship, you can get a better product. The league needga. Do you know what the league need to do? The league need to tap into what's the league out here? What's the joint? Be the league, Julie. We need to do the hind the Hinds joint. We need to came up with dykeman, Bro. We need to tap into where the real sources we need to go to Weingsone, you're gonna play harder at Jamar Crawford League facts up in Seattle, or the joint over there to Jordan James, James Jordan over there off the west side of Chicago where they used to go play with Tim Groveland. All the guys over there, who hey, bro, they gotta bro. The league got tapped into something else man. And Two, they not have to sit down with the young boys. Man. Young boys don't look at the same They ain't even hold.
Speaker 2: When I heard Anthony Edwards say that, it was like.
Speaker 1: Wow, listen when I saw him. When I heard him say he was gonna shoot all left handed, I was sitting up and thinking like, damn, you work this hard to get all the way here and you finish jagged off with just you doing The All Star Game used to be bro, real shit. So everybody in the league is somebody. Everybody in the league. You see that make that has a jersey, has a superpower to bring to a team. So when he made all Start and this is his first time, this is the league's chance to not only Appreciape but celebrate our players. Hey, we got super We got superheroes in this, in this goddamn thing of ours. Let's show off to his superhero. Let's show you the strongest man alive. His name is Shaq DDD and whatever. Shaq had a shoe, pepsi, whatever he had, he brought with him to that. So guess what when Jordan stepped out there, he had the all red joint on. Talking to David Letterman, he was like, man, what the fuck? Jordan got on and they had the little air. Jordan was like, what it was a trampoline for you to perpetuate your platform, your brand.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: He got in the dunk contest then, so you can see the Jordan's right. He got in the jud contest because they had already strategized.
Speaker 2: But what's killing that as the social media now they say, I don't need to do that on that.
Speaker 1: Arm hit me out. It was a strategy. Ope, yeah, Nike was in on it. So guess what they already said, we got this campaign and we've seen you work out and we think you can fly. We need you to go out in the dunk contest and actually fly. So guess what he did. He was doing all dunks when he was just hanging in the air for two three seconds, hanging in the air for two three seconds, hanging in the affritude. And then what I'm saying, here come this air, Here come this air campaign about walking on there and guess what we all did. Everybody in this room. I'm talking about everybody who holding the camera. We went in the backyard and I ain't gonna lick he I feel for about one and a half seconds. I don't know about y'all, but my firens fell like like man with Joey was kicking his legs and sick. I was like, yeah, this is who I want to be.
Speaker 2: You start wearing it on socks like that the knee breaking.
Speaker 1: My knee got hurt because I started wearing it. Shit, Lord, listen to me. I'm seeing all this is saying that it perpetuated whatever you were selling. Yeah, now in the world of I've seen it already. What color wave you come in with, I've already seen your one, two and three, give me four, five and six. Now that trampoline no more, bro, it's on display. Now you're on platform eighty.
Speaker 2: Everywhere twenty four seven, twenty seven.
Speaker 1: So that's the burnout. I'm thinking that we are burning not only All Stars out, but we're burning the viewership. Bro, We're watching so much basketball that I'm going, oh shit, okay, I'm over there, Okay, give me something else. We ain't even let the Boston Celtic young boys grow. We ain't let Gunnis go into what we just want the next right now, because that's what it's giving. You think about our stars last year, Nate, right now, if you was to go back and look at All Stars from two years ago, and who's on that list. Zion's on that list Ingram's on that list, Rents on that list, Bro, they wouldn't know none of us list Listen more older, you hear what I'm saying. So as I'm watching the league progressive with the waves, man, the league just gonna have to catch up, sit down with the guys and really have a real conversation about, Hey, how can we make this better? Why are y'all not being as competitive in the game as y'all are when y'all go to play next Thursday or that Wednesday? Because that Wednesday, I'm being honest, that's when people start disconnecting. You ever, see, if you go back, you can go back on almost the last ten years that you can find right at that Wednesday game. This nigga's getting blown out like seventy to night, like because they already got already getting ready for the break. So why would you even play that game. I would give Listen, Monday, it should be the last day. You got to give some time for the stars to actually enjoy the break. And whether it's four games and then boot and they all show up Thursday, it's something. But the stars are tired. The stars are burned out and they need a rest, and no one wants to say it.
Speaker 2: Yeah they know it. They that's why they stand. And they extended to days TI we had no rest. We played Sunday, Doll. I would literally every All Star game. I never spent the night. I was on the jet go out of there to the next city we played because we got practiced the next day.
Speaker 1: So all that's going on.
Speaker 2: So now they get like Monday off, Tuesday, Wednesday, they get at least a few days.
Speaker 1: We got no days. Niggas not even playing the whole season. Yeah, you're playing games anyways, you're sitting out anyways. You hear what I'm saying. It's not like this nigga's playing eighty two games. See, he's playing forty five fifty games at the most. You understand.
Speaker 2: So what what is it that can bring the All Star Game back in Because I'm saying it's dead.
Speaker 1: It ain't us. It's dead, it ain't us. This is what I'm saying. The league gonna have to sit down with the players of the future, the job morants, all the guys who finish characters for the next fifteen years. This is y'all, okay, how can we make this better? Because we want to. All the league wants is a more competitive game. And then you're gonna hear the young boys start talking. And if they don't talk, all the old heads go to make their decisions. The young boys got to step up and speak up for the younger generation. Y'all. You're in tired of how's being ran, and you gotta speak up and you gotta say what it is, what y'all want. Y'all want more of this, less of this because you see where it is going now going.
Speaker 2: I saw too, and I've been seeing this for years, you know, like when we talk about the best players or the league is becoming a European league and our top Europeans Luca and Joker, they yn John They could care less about the All Star Game. And that's fine, but how can I How can I see one of them as the face of the league.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: With that type of attitude, I can't like see one of them being the face. So whoever's next in line, whoever's gonna be the face of the league? I need to I need to see it at all times. Bro, you gotta be like, come on, like, who who's in that line? I gotta Tatum in that line.
Speaker 1: Jonas Janis is the champion out of all the young boys. But now, but I don't want to hear I don't want to hear you say I don't watch basket If yo, listen, if somebody you care about coming to you say some real ship, you gotta take it into count he tells you, I don't watch basketball, so you got to play, oh ship? So I'm a fan, like I get to at the dude who the face of the league. To be passionate about this.
Speaker 2: I love this ship. That's I'm saying. I need I need to feel their their pain and there when they hit the pinnacles, you know, and now when you're telling me you're making fifty million, sixty million dollars a year and you don't watch like for me as a fan, as a fan, as a fan, as an older fan, as an older fan, I'm thinking like that. He generation has multiple interest and they don't think like that.
Speaker 1: You hear what I'm saying to you. So I want me as a fan of a fan of that players to face the league. I need him to be invested in all phases of it, because that's showing me. You know, when my kid who I want him to emulate, I want him to emulate that player.
Speaker 2: That's that's that's passionate about it. That that's like saying, yeah, man, I like like I work, I work out in the morning, six am, I watch film, I do my weights. That's why I want my son to be watching emotions about it. Yeah, exactly, exactly, exact exactly. So now I'm not I'm trying to pick out today who is that player?
Speaker 1: Today? I just told you is the face?
Speaker 2: But he just said I don't watch basket.
Speaker 1: Okay, then that's a real conversation you gotta have. That's all I'm saying. You cannot address the problem if you keep looking over Okay, you didn't like that answer, but that's the answer. Pepe. Okay, that's what I'm saying. So now guess what we need to We need to work with that because guess what he's talking for a whole generation who else don't like watching basketball? Then nobody else. I don't even know what that answer is, but I bet it's more than what you think it is. And this is the interest in the young guys. So you think kids today don't watch absolutely not. And that's the issue of the league every not only the issue with the league, but the issue with NFL, issue with MLB, issue with NHL. Somebody's trying to figure out how to get eyeballs. Everybody's start thinking of an old traditional way to get linear eyeball.
Speaker 2: How you get better, bro? Because I think my game was built off watching tape video recording games, you know, rewatching them looking at this player, trying to emulate this player. So kids is just like not trying to emulate nobody no more and not watching.
Speaker 1: They just looking for the clip they.
Speaker 2: So they can give you the this or or to this or that's what they that's what they in search of that highlight.
Speaker 1: This, because that's what you're gonna watch because that's what you're gonna watch. That's what you're gonna watch. And they looking for what put eyeballs on the table? What's gonna put eyeballs? And watch this while they watching this peak. You know why they're watching this piece because we can say ship that the league can't say. We can say ship that players playing right now are thinking. Yeah, I ain't speaking for nobody. I'm telling you what a mindset of a nigga who work and play eighty two games and gotta come in the All Star Game. You got paid another two hundred and fifty thousand to bring his family here. Get out of here, right, y'all want y'all feel sorry for me, but guess what this is the real parts of it. I don't get no rest in here.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say like when we played in the All Star Game, Dad, we didn't. We didn't bullshit because there was some bullshit going there. But I know one thing that fourth quarter come it.
Speaker 1: Was all bullshit. Where you entertaining entertain It's like entertaining, but listen, you gonna be said, I'm riding, but you go to dunk. I'm not trying to hide your job, hotch Yeah right, man, d Wade broke cold news. Lord. Yeah, were always serious. Let's keep this one, honey, bro. We're just looking for a good game, that's all. Okay. Boom oh shit, I gotta switch up and see it. Niggah. Yeah, you pull up for the three. Okay, you pull up for the three. But if I'm going to give you some work, and I got something, and I got some incentives on this work. You gotta get this work. It's a little nigga.
Speaker 2: What I said. It come from the top. Throw it come from the playoffs. The players are the answer to this because because ain't no way in the locker room you was in, or in the huddle you was in.
Speaker 1: You you if you saw somebody was like, come on, man, let's win. It was always serious, bro.
Speaker 2: I saw it like I said, this Cole came out like it was game set.
Speaker 1: Bro. Every time all start, he was going for it. I'll be on the bench to start to get going for it. Listen. And that set the tone. And that's coming from our top.
Speaker 2: Alan Irison, you call, I'm seeing y'all like, oh, these these cats are set in the tone.
Speaker 1: So it's real out here. You wouldn't hear my theory on this. This is my theory. Tell me you feeling this? So a long time ago, y'all, y'all don't know this. If I'm capping at any time, stop me, okay, stop me. Y'all don't know this. But a long time ago, every other seat was an old head. Matter of fact, it was probably four five old heads before some young guys, so old heads outranked and outnumbered the younger guys. Five years later, that young guy was an old head, and he looked up and there was more old heads. At some point it started being less old heads and more younger guys. Now a five week puppy and a two week puppy or in the same room managing, speaking, talking, leading, ain't nobody talking, nobody nothing. So what we are seeing is to disconnect from the older generation, the jews. You get from the old head and then coming in here knowing how to actually be not only professional, but being all star, know how to actually talk and deal with the all star director, to say this when I'm doing and this when I'm not doing. Uh, and then managing your time because if not believe, we'll use you the whole day. Hold on, I got to get some rest. I gotta get some shots up. And then too, I got something I'm doing my family. You gotta honor that. Guess who teaches you how to do that, y'all? The old head Jordan pat Ewing, fucking shaf fucking oh, the old heads. Who's sitting in there? You know what I'm nigga as sitting in there. Waitesn't here talking. It's cars, it's music. But then the old head knowledge is going around, Tim Bodaway telling you some real shit. Sean Kimp telling you some real shit. And this is what happened. So by the time you get to year two, man, guess what Kobe Man, rest in peace to my dog man. He was nervous as fuck when we got to New York. He didn't make it his first shit. His second year we was in New York, which is my first time started. He got chose by the fans, and he was nervous as fuck. I was talking like, man, we're from the West. Steve's old lass nickas me. It was I was just on some young boys shit, right, bro. By the time he got to year four or five, he was yeah, that's hey, hey, hey, hey, hey hey, right yar me And that was the energy he got that from all the old heads who was right there, gp Sean All those are all ole heads, charged Barkley telling us how to how to come into it. Did so by year five, Bro, we we ain't damn we're it coach the feature and I wanted the dunk contest. Niggas was talking ship on the low. You can see the game and shipping which I was talking about with niggas was cool. But bro, this is all part of learning how to not only be an all start, but what goes on and off? Yes, what the old head also telling you, Hey, bro, when y'all go out tonight, y'all got cruise. Okay, look, when y'all go out, the chicks out here they woo woo woo. Don't don't go for the woo woo because some of these niggas a square. They don't come from you, feel me. So the old head telling you how to get in and get out the party, the overlay for the underlay, and don't get the woo woo. And ya ya, all that knowledge in there you in here like that? Yeah, okay, you know what how to move, you know what restaurants you know how to get the reservation over here to back connecting. It's a whole connect.
Speaker 3: Yeah, young guy seeking it out to the older guys stuff, or is it all the older guys to show you?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 2: The young dudes is intimidated by them.
Speaker 1: Bro, Listen, young boy sitting just like church. They when you a young boy, keep talking over Jordan when talking, I'm sitting just like this. You're doing just like this. Man. When the old head get the talking, and it'll be two or three conversations, you might just sit here, just be listening to them because it's so much in their conversation and then he atturney here say something to you, and then it'll be going. And next thing you know, you're talking to Pat youwing but tambo en Jordan about and great Hill talking to y'all about man, you about to be the wood And I'm gonna peel like what like what? And in five years I was just that. You hear me? It's a clip Me and Cod sitting on the on the table and we're getting taped and there's a bunch of motherfuckers going around here. Guess what I did, Pete. So I learned this from the old head. I go to the trainer of the All Star Game. He noticed, I gonna get all the socks. It's like different. It's so much dope ass merchant in All Star Game. But don't nobody know to do it? Said, I think I learned that from somebody getting the socks. Lord, you get all the socks, you get all the tights, you get all the stuff that come in in, then all the dope ship because you just throw it in your bag so the trainer, the trainer gets the fuck out of the way too. Don't nobody know to do that? I guess you taught me that. GP said, look, man, this is how you do it. Come in mane you come in here, you step out and doing this out for your boys, just for your mom. He was getting balls. He was just putting it in there. Then he'll go around here, man, sign the bill, man, everybody gonna sign it for GP. Right. He looked up. Lord, he had a whole bag of merch, yeah, that he had got from every year that he just threw it in the closet. I'm saying, all of this is part of All Star I said to Cod. I said, Bro, you're gonna look up and in five years, Bro, this whole room gonna be different. And that's the wave. The league got to catch up with what's going on with the wave. But that disconnect from how to be an All Star, how to go about All Star and then guess what you have gp at halftime saying all right, now just for the money. Now, when I gave the fans they have all right, just for the money, now let's go, because that money was like one hundred thousand to fifteen thousand, It was like a huge niggas just going now you know what I'm saying, right, So in that fourth quarter, coach, for everybody who hitters, okay, you, you and you and everybody in the huddle like this, hey man, now you can reject let's go. It's a real game. It's a real it's a real fucking gaming. That's that's all I think everybody's talking about.
Speaker 2: So how we get back to that or we never going back to that?
Speaker 1: I don't. I think we're too gone. We're too gone. I think I think if you super incentivized the.
Speaker 2: Game, what's super incentivized? Like what you're gonna tell me I make I'm coming in the game, I make fifty million. You're telling me I can win one million, Like what, I ain't tripping enough of that?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, bro? A million? Still a million, people, I know it's a million.
Speaker 2: You're gonna go fights a million from my rass and not really tripping.
Speaker 1: You gotta play pe you out here, right all right? I'm my mind like, I'm just trying to think like them. Now.
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying, This ain't me. I love you, This ain't me. I'm just trying to think, Nah, this ain't me. I'm saying like, I'm just trying to understand that mindset. If I'm making fifty million, what's it gonna take for me to go on this All Star and change my mindset? Because right now I'm on vacation.
Speaker 1: Knowing that it's a fit, knowing that they're gonna give you million dollars after this million in cash. Just looked at it.
Speaker 2: I just looked at my account. I made a million just for making all cool.
Speaker 1: I know that that's cool. But you we got another million if you win the game. How much if we lose five hundred thousand cools? Cool with that? Okay, Now get out here. I'm gonna tell you what's going on. This is the real problem of the of the game. Nobody wants to be the mean. Nobody wants to get crossed up, you know, so I don't give no effort. Nobody wants to be the guy who. Man the other day they show, hey, y'all go for a layup and.
Speaker 2: He had the rapid shit around Tim Duncan and do some shit like like lord, he was really trying.
Speaker 1: You feel me like, we just shouldn't want to see a real game. If you can't incentivized to be out here at all Star, we shall break y'all.
Speaker 2: Y'all get all just rest something. It was only like two thousand in the game or something like that.
Speaker 1: Told you, bro, this ain't no real game though, and the players, the players are the only thing that can change this. The players gonna come out soon asan Listen. Jordan came in there. Listen. I think the players need to understand the history too. For all the players out there. Man, Mike Jordan came into Chicago and told every nigga in the Chicago locker, Hey, look the Chicago you motherfuckers don't want to play. Sit the fuck down. We ain't gonna get this product to the people in Chicago that come out pay their hard earned money to wash the all store y'all sick the fuck he told Pistons Cleveland. He told everybody in the East, y'all don't want to play sick the fuck down. Yes, straight up, that's how it's gonna go. You hear me, Who is that gonna come from today? Well, I would think Giannis, But after hearing that ship right there, I don't know Pete. I'm telling who's gonna come from. Anthony Edwards. It's gonna come from a young nigga.
Speaker 2: But he just said, you know his mind you see what his mindset. He was like the All Star gown. You know, I'm just here because I'm happy to make the All Star Game.
Speaker 3: But what was it?
Speaker 2: He said something like, I'm just it ain't competitive, guys is tired. Nobody really play hard in the All Star Games.
Speaker 1: Sad bro. It's like, but he got that from them? Where he get that from? So it ain't he hear me? Now?
Speaker 2: You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: The mindset that's been passed now and you know where it started with Nike in the league didn't actually put pressure on Lebron James to get in the fucking dunk.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna tell you what. I'm gonna tell you what. Your niggas protect that nigga all the fucking time. Let's keep it sting it early. That's real you said it.
Speaker 1: You should have made that nigga getting dunk because that's now Zion Giant. All these niggas think they don't have to get in it. Real ship, you said it early. Element of defeat. The All Star Game was really a platform trampoline, a trampoline for you to show off your your brand who you are.
Speaker 2: But you got coming out, coming out fact. So now when you got social media do all that. By the time you get the All Star I mean, you already got a big enough following that you don't really need that platform. You got your own individualized platform. Help through social media helpstow pe. You know what I'm saying, I start reaches placing that you don't know. Lord, We was in social media's reading places that got everywhere around the world, and knows noticed I noticed that the.
Speaker 1: Super How social media do this? What I'm saying, can you go be seeing in two hundred and fifty countries? Yes, yes, No, everybody ain't got ig and the product? Did you notice the notice? The production understand it's not IG does not have IG did you notice? Thank you Lord, I got a form of it. Though I'm saying that the league is.
Speaker 2: I mean, so they have social media, I got it.
Speaker 1: But I'm saying the league is reaching out to places where people don't usually watch basketball or it's being new there. That's what I'm saying. So it doesn't hurt to be on the league platform pushing what you pushing. I just think that the concept is just it's over here. You got so much these kids are doing. Bro, look at Halliburn. Halliburn was another kid that I felt like they're getting no rest this week, but it's he's the host of the city. Yeah. I think he actually got to get his brand off. He got to show his style all up.
Speaker 2: Into the production of it.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I just noticed that the production. Remember of guys that come out do their little two step, you know what I'm saying, come off the stage the fans. They just introduced the guys on the court.
Speaker 3: In my memory, where they.
Speaker 2: Come out they come out like yeah, like stage, listen, get on the stage.
Speaker 1: And another thing was a fun part about all I used to like the continuity of whatever you came up with. Came out with your dapping family. You had like a looking as you was doing whatever whatever right that comes with it. And I just think that everybody's like, no, I'm too cool for that, Like, yeah, you know what I'm saying, that's crazy.
Speaker 3: Fall to your point about the All Star break rest and I just looked up two thousand and eight as an example. The game is on February seventeen. You guys have a game in Denver on February nineteen.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm saying. We had one day, right move out after the game. Practice the next day. No matter what time we got in, we'll practice that evening. Say I got in three in the morning, practice that evening, and then we played.
Speaker 1: Man Taking the Truth. Man, y'all know what it is. Let's get it. You know. All Star's supposed to be where you're supposed to go and just enjoy your family and all your friends that you come and let your hair down. I'm supposed to go to all of you. I'm supposed to go to Shack's Party're supposed to go to Pea's party, supposed to go to Jordan's party with all my friends. But I'm supposed to be able to enjoy the city, go to the Capitol, grill over here, the nice restaurants over here, the fifth and something over here, Like that's what they experienced. Is you're supposed to be able to go to these cities and enjoy the cities. And the league got to get back to that. We're overkilled right now, and I think less it's more. You understand, like we're throwing so much at it that it's almost like impossible to take it all in. And you feel me if you're not at the convention center, or if you ain't at the arena, or if you ain't at the hotel. You know what I'm saying. It's always been like this, but I think it just needs to be less is more, And I think you need to give the players a chance to actually enjoy the city and give time for the players to enjoy their break, because after this, you're asking them to go into a whole forty forty forty five game schedule and just go this is the only break they're gonna have, and this is the only thing. This is the only time they can actually turn off to enjoy whatever little three four days they get bro Like, come on, man, you gotta you gotta think about the players. But the players need five five days, bro of a real break. Some of this shit's two three days and then I meet you all off now because you gotta flying day in there. All that shit matters, bro, All that shit matters. It ain't nobody saying nothing. So yeah, the league gotta clean this up. Man.
Speaker 3: The first thing I want to ask you guys about is the Milwaukee Bucks. Dark Favers's coach ten games at them for three and seven. In those games we just talked about Gianna saying he doesn't watch tam he doesn't watch basketball. What's the worry level for the Bucks right now?
Speaker 1: I'm gonna be honest, man, I'm not worried about them.
Speaker 2: He's not worried about the Buck.
Speaker 1: You know why because all the pressures on them. If they are going to make a serious run at it, it's on them. And I don't care what kind of coach coming here and who rides you and get it in here and did it there? Doc Rivers is a piece of the puzzle, right It's up to the players. Listen. I knew p was serious about defense where he would say, hey take it, I'm sitting him baseline. When a mother fucker come to you and talk with conviction like we finna get a stop. Like that's the only thing. Like, Bro, that's the kind of focus, you know what I'm saying. Like, when you are a championship team, Bro, the one thing I've always known that you can always rally the troops and y'all can always get us out. Championship teams think they can actually whatever's in their mind. They think they can do it as a group, and they have the communication as a group to go out there and do it. So when the team comes together with listen, if I'm honest this one, I'm saying, Hey, listen, we finna go through this, motherfucker. And then it starts in practice. And when you initiate in practice, guess what the next guy starts to actually copy and follow your lead on energy and how you doing shit and effort and all that shit. I may dive on the flow in practice to me and baby may get into his fumble. I look up P and motherfucker TA and some shit. You know what I'm saying, Like that energy is infectious if you're gonna take a serious move and take a serious dive into something two feet I'm talking about straight down the rabbit hole. Bro, your lead is gonna have to stand up. But he gonna have to say some uncomfortable shit. Yeah, he gonna have to. He's gonna have to make it uncomfortable for everybody in there. And I ain't just talking about some bully shit. I'm talking about some consistency shit that he's gonna have to put on himself every night. I can't tell Peter to get through the pick and roll if I'm not showing on the pick and roll or showing like I'm supposed to, you know what I'm saying, So that initiative first has to come from your best player that's real.
Speaker 2: Till I'm a little worried about them, I'm I'm gonna tell you the truth. But at the same time, they ain't been all the way healthy, They ain't been all the way right. You know, Middleton he been in and out. Dan ain't been in and out since Doc got there. But right now is what you're gonna really see who's real from the fake. Because we always know after all Star break, all that get real.
Speaker 1: You know, we know how we.
Speaker 2: Know how the first half of the season go. Absolutely it goes through ebbs and flows. You know what I'm saying. We we having fun, but we're serious. But we know all Star break come, and then after All Star Break come, we're putting all that extra shit down. Ain't no more hollering at these chicks or going out over here or lose dinners over here and popping bottles. We's time to tighten it up now because we know these last thirty games, if we got something to play for, and we a contender right here, and that's coming from your leader, and that's coming from your locker room, and that's like, hey, look, it's trying to buckle down now.
Speaker 1: We had our fun.
Speaker 2: The fun shit is over with our eyes is on the prize now and it's time to lock in. That gotta come from your leaders, though, So I want to see if we can see them hit the switch and second half of the season right now, because we know this is the last This is the end of the marathon right here coming up. You know, you on that last that last hour, you know, and it's time to kick it in the gear.
Speaker 1: So we're gonna see that.
Speaker 2: They gotta show me something in these next ten games, in the first ten games after All Star break, that's what you're gonna see who looking to get there. Listen, you shut the tone. You shut the tone with this first game.
Speaker 1: Listen, I'm gonna tell y'all some real shit, don't I haven't been around Doc, it's quite some time in the locker room, man, I've been seeing a real like kind of ginger. I anticipate Doctor get a little more aggressive in the second half. They're gonna start to see like him really get on that demon mode when he really want to be infectious, when he really want.
Speaker 2: Defense to have no practice time.
Speaker 1: I get it, Bro, that's another thing. Bro. You can't actually create no chemistry with no practice time. Some of the shit that's going on in the league, Bro, I have never in my life seen go into a place going to going to the account of when something is trying to get better with no preparation, And how the fuck are you girl? Somebody watching film? Bro, get the fuck out of here. Bro. Listen, listen. That's that's crazy. That's crazy. That's that's like a never you know what I'm saying. Even even motherfuckers who say they didn't watch faim watch film. You watch film. I don't want to hear that ship. You gotta watch film. You watch film, you're gonna get your ass really busted out here. Hell no, he don't watch basketball. They don't even sound right. Now you watch film, he don't watch basketball. They don't even sound right. They don't even Yeah. But anyway, I look for Doc Rivers to not only get aggressive, but I'm like, pee, these first team games gonna.
Speaker 2: Be They're gonna tell us, They're gonna tell us, tell us everything. And then this is gonna tell you who for real. We gonna see it star. You're gonna see who for real and who's serious at these first team games, at the All Star Game, because when you come out of All Star.
Speaker 1: You seventy ball to somebody gonna have a watch it. Watch how many I'm in these first five games? Watch how many All Stars have some big nights? Because you ain't read other thing.
Speaker 2: I want to tell you you got that little superpower going on that I was talking about a couple of weeks ago. It's gonna be a two hundred point game in the league. It'll never be a two hundred point game. We saw it in the All Star Game.
Speaker 1: If I ever see an NBA game get two hundred points the way they got in an All Star game.
Speaker 2: I'm done watching. I'm done watching. It ain't gonna be no two hundred point game in a regular season game. Because you saw it in an All Star that means they would have to look like that in a regular season And if I ever see that in a regular season game, it.
Speaker 1: Was a triple overtime. Thank you.
Speaker 2: No, it ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 1: I get it. You know what's crazy, all the old I have been taught to watch the game through these old traditional eyes. We've seen the game. We like it the way it is, and this is the new wave. Nobody wants to listen. These kids got feed their polishes, shit on their fingers. You feel me, I'm being dead assd bro. In order to understand, we are gonna have to get out of this these we got to take these glasses off, put the whole one straight up. These are different lenses, you know what I'm saying. We seen it through this old lens and it's looking like it's looking, bro, sould you put that bitch in five K and it's got some color and it's moving like you know, it's got the AI in it, and you can be like, damn, what.
Speaker 2: Am I to get some of those uh is.
Speaker 1: The things those yeah.
Speaker 2: The Apple Visions. I'm gonna have to come here and doing all this ship.
Speaker 1: You don't come don't come in.
Speaker 3: Here with the next ten games for the box they got, They got some tough ones.
Speaker 1: They take the.
Speaker 3: Timberwolves, the Sixers, the Lakers, the Clippers twice, the Kings, the Suns.
Speaker 1: Hey, Nate, let me say something to you. Ain't nothing easy to lead, bro No, no, no, no, no, no. So what they think it's gonna be a cakewalker? You gonna see Orlando, Charlotte, Portland, Charlotte, came Utah. Hear me. I'm saying that they play hard. Those those teams that get beat every night, you're gonna have to beat them, you know what I mean. Ain't no, ain't nothing easy. Everybody's ride is hard. Christ listen. And then with Milwaukee, everybody's on everybody's on deck. Mining is the part of the season where you see the league go like this. No.
Speaker 2: Look, so you're gonna have the winners, the teams that's winning, takeoff and the teams that's losing and continue to nose die.
Speaker 3: So that's what I want to ask you guys about next. So we have under thirty games to go in the season.
Speaker 1: Under thirty twenty nine games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, Now they're gonna start playing home.
Speaker 1: So you guess what hold on Before you even say this, it's gonna be some rest. You're gonna see teams trying to no, no, no, what I'm saying. You're gonna see some teams trying to get up early and then try to rest their players around like late March, early April, just so that you got like a little cushion to be able to go in there.
Speaker 2: Some of them teams ain't gonna be in four, especially in the East. When you got two through six, they.
Speaker 1: All in the pain. They all are packed together. Three through eight is like this, they right packed together.
Speaker 2: They like shiit.
Speaker 1: So the question after.
Speaker 3: You, guys, which teams are most poised to make this stick push towards the end to kind of elevate themselves into that Tier one tier two status that we talk.
Speaker 1: So we are talking about everybody healthy coming back from All Star break. Who do you like? Give me your who's gonna elevate, Who's gonna elevate rods to the top on what they got straight after the draft, after the trade, Give me your West and give me your East.
Speaker 2: I think, uh, in the West, who gonna elevate? I mean in the East, start with the East. Who's gonna elevate. I'm gonna watch, you know who I'm gonna watch. The two teams I'm gonna watch. I'm looking for the Knicks in Indiana. I think when they are healthy, you know, based on their trades and how they put together their teams and how they you know, how they look. I mean them the two things to teams I think gonna elevate. When the Knicks get healthy, I'm i can't wait to see what they look like. Same with Indiana. I just think, uh, you know, I like, I like when they're healthy, they they gonna make They're gonna scare.
Speaker 1: Some teams couple of weeks. Yeah.
Speaker 2: So there there's two teams I'm looking to kind of elevate in these last thirty games, to make a push, you know, to try to try to get home court advantage in the first round. I think both of them are are teams that can do it. Cleveland is starting to separate themselves from the rest of the guy They trying to be in that they looking like they want to be in that upper tier because right now. Ain't nobody playing better than Cleveland, Nobody playing better than Clift in the whole league over their last twenty games. I think they like eighteen and two or some shit like that. Yeah, so yeah, they trying to put themselves in that tier to where they they like, we want to be in the conference finals Rus Celtics if everybody's healthy, and then our West, I think a team. I think you're gonna see a different Denver team because I feel like Denver been kind of coasting along. They've been like right there between one and four all year long. I think they're about to get there. That championship energy back now, you know, and I think they about to let teams know that we're defending champs. I look for them to beat the number one seed. I think they're gonna win the West. I think they're gonna win the West. Yeah, they three back. I think they gonna I think they gonna push the number one because they know if they get they know, if they get home court advantage throughout the playoffs, it's gonna be tough to beat them in any series. So I look for them. And then also man New Orleans, they worry me because nobody talking about them. They've been flying under the radar. Zion's been healthy this year, Ingram's been fighting. Neither one of them made All Star, and their team looking to get recognized. I think they are little. They might come out a little pissed that nobody talking about them, but they've been like right there, teetering like sh we we're.
Speaker 1: Gonna we're gonna back door, y'all. Y'all, y'all like talking like you know what I'm saying. And then they just gonna come through the door. Shit you do when you want in the water, no, no, no, when you're just chilling right there, treadwater. They treadwater, they tradewater.
Speaker 2: I think the second half they're gonna be like, all right, it's scary, y'all, gonna y'all gonna know we're gonna get some We're gonna get some more national televised games.
Speaker 1: So you know, it's crazy, man. This team does this every year and we never give them. We never give them the shine, we never give them the spotlight, none of that. And I'm going on a I'm going on a on a different route here, so hit me out, and I'm going with consistency and coaching. I knew he was gonna say. Many body wants to see the heat from a coaching supposed when he gets to the fucking playoffs, he's probably one of the best, not only exposing but getting the best out of his talent. Bro the calet wins Man, he came on, not like you didn't. You didn't see him coming. You didn't see Straus and all those you see all those guys, Bro, those you guys got big deals in other places just by being in that. You know what I'm saying. So the heat man just cousin playoff Jimmy is a real thing. It's a real thing. It's a real thing. And he's out of anybody I've seen hit a fucking button and goes to another level. Jimmy fucking Butler. Man, I'm gonna say the heat and you know what's crazy, I'm with you on that. On the Knicks because the Niss got pieces. Now that just it just looks scary, man, if you know what I'm saying, like you look at him like oh wow. But I'm gonna be honest. The Bucks, the Bucks got more to lose out of anybody. They got to me, they got the most pressure on them because Dame. His window every year that he doesn't win gets closed that much more. Hear me, And I think his window is probably less than three years. I'm being dead ass. He can probably play a little longer. I'm talking about at the rate that we see in Dame. You know what I'm saying, it's out to Dame two for winning the MVP of the game. You know what I point. You know what I'm saying, three point cham two because you know what I'm saying, he came and did this damn thing. But he is. Oh did you know what I'm saying? Right, that's that's the community pays the favorite. That's screaming, ego, that's a bottle of screaming. I was right there streaming screaming. I almost hit you head. Your line was busy. Yeah, yeah, I'm like, damn, he got you know what I'm saying. But I'm saying this to say that Dame is win now, Dame, it's the new KG.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: You remember when y'all, man, I felt like the whole league was rooting for me. Man Like, when I got to thirteen years now, I started seeing everybody come up to me, just everybody just like hugging me. Differently, man like, get the fuck off me, Man Like, nah, Bro, we want you to. I feel like that with Dame. I want to see Dame get one a two couple, you feel me because he liked that. So Milwaukee I got. I love what Cleveland is doing. I just don't know if Cleveland can be consistent. I love Minnesota. You know, we love these young parts with OKC. The consistency creston Mark is the thing, you know what I'm saying. But off the ones that ain't nobody looking at Bro. I got Milwaukee and I got the heat in there. They're the ones I think that's gonna make the runs to where you go. Oh ship, they hitting the button. I'm worried about Philly. I'm being honest. I'm worried about Philly. I'm worried about Philly just because the East is so thick and yeah, but yeah, i'mnna stick with Milwaukee and in the heat and then and then the West. Pak Phoenix Phoenix been. Oh they look like Phoenix Been like kind of giving you shades and kind of like okay, okay, bro, listen, If Bradley Bell can get any kind of decency consistence health man, they scary in the series just because you ain't really the booking. I went off a couple of times, but he ain't really debooked it. You feel me like when that I'm just looking at all the potentials of when you got all your talent healthy, was it looked like man heywood and then hey we'll go to uh okay, see that that's a solid piece. Ain't nobody talking about you know what I'm saying, Hey, what got something to proved? You know, he's he's He's been moved around a couple of times to where now we had him at this, are we still seeing him at this? So you know he should come in with a chip on his shoulders. So I'm like Pete Man, I think Denver Gon hit the button on everybody and coming there. They finished the Gorilla from the Gorilla, You out from the Gorilla, You out here we go? You ready? You know? You know what I'm saying. And it's in two one of the things my sleeper These are sleepers. I'm going with Phoenix in Dallas because Dallas has enough superstar uh Aura in power to be able to perpetuate themselves. Not only just in games. Luca has the effect to where he can affect games. And then you gotta you gotta Kyrie, and then you got the you got the you got the Hardaways and the Pj's, and you got all these little man they are scary, scary.
Speaker 3: They haven't lost since they got KAFFERD and PJ Washington deadline.
Speaker 1: Oh no, no, they treading and Luke ahead in the water like this. He don't even want nobody see him. Lord, listen, listen, Kyrie want he on the bean. He got the bea Kyrie on the beam he Indeed, they got the long beams out here on motherfuckers right now, Brian the West.
Speaker 2: This is the deepest listen.
Speaker 1: I can see the listener long. We should do a lot. Listen you hear me. It's gonna be some obcess this. Listen. Get your potato salad, get your five chicken, get all your ship, put it right in front of you too, shutting the dough. It's man stuff. Get out of here, league, Lord, all right.
Speaker 3: The next thing I want to ask you guys about Victor Webber yam and named of Louis Baton and Bastard. I want to ask you guys, you work with many brands throughout the years, what was your favorite experience working with the brand, sponsor shoes something.
Speaker 1: What comes to mind for you guys?
Speaker 2: I guess mine. For me, it was Nike one when they had that campaign with the uh you know, they was running that campaign with the dribbles, the dribbles.
Speaker 1: That was like one of my first just call it what it was, the Nike and one campaign trying to bite the whole. Yeah, like I like that. I like that one that it was hard, that it was hard, but they ship out of the air one on that. Yeah, that was they showed it out. Y'all. Ain't doing it right. Let's show y'all how to do it the Nike way. You know what I'm saying. You know what, man, listen if I'm keeping a bug, Man, it wasn't on this level. You know. I think you know, you did stuff with GQ and they would have like in the capsules that you you know, would actually put on and shoot and stuff. But man, this is only right. And the frenchman gets to represent a French you know, a French brand, and you know, if you know anything about uh L V M H and the Hennessy Group and all this, man, it's it's truly a lifestyle it's only right that you know they making this type of partnership into the future. Victor is the next. And I think when you start seeing all these new partnerships that the League ain't never seen before, the parody is there for that, right, you know it makes sense. I see this all being teed up for Paris to twenty four Olympics. I see it all written. I see the wave and it should make some It should make some for some fun, not only events this summer, but it's for some dope promotion. Bro the bags and all the stuff that I'm seeing through all start. Did you see all the time Shade Gives just had the Virgil v join on? That was hard. I seen Halliburn come through with the bags. The only thing for me, I like, I'm a masculine man. I like big bags. You know what I'm saying. I like bash that you can hear when I put it down in here with big boots. You know what I'm saying. You know what I'm saying with the still you know what I'm saying. Yeah, just in case you got a young man, right, No, I have to make some room and get through here like a certain way. Yeah, I'm coming through yeah, you can hear my bag. Feel me now, you can put a little kid in my bag. You know what I'm saying. I could put a whole young man right my bags about us. Big. My bag is just as big as me. Feel me, my bag bigger than my girl. You feel me like real ship, like I'm on that, you know what I'm saying. So it was nice to see, like the masculine bags out here. What I'm saying, we need to we need we need more callous, bring more. We get back to doing motherfucking push ups on our knuckles, get back to that ship. You know what I'm saying, right right, that part that gorilla right, yeah, yeah, we need more of this in the world. The females looking for us, right, but what what what? What? What? A Goon's that pet with me? And that right right here?
Speaker 2: They like they like, they like what they like. The guys who painting. What was you saying, Nate, go ahead, let's get out where all the tops and dresses and stuff.
Speaker 1: Like that start breaking.
Speaker 3: Uh. He was asked about kind of his career coming to clothes and said, I've not mapped out how many seasons I have left. I know it's not that many, and he said he wasn't sure if a farewell tour or just him dunk. So the question after, you, guys, what did you know it feel it was time to retire? And how hard was it to come to that decision?
Speaker 1: First off, bron lit like him all fucker that nigga know where he bron quitn line. You know where you're leaving, you know exactly the player I think he got. I think he got.
Speaker 2: I don't know bro on his son. He waiting on his son.
Speaker 1: I like him all, but you know what you're leaving though there next year play.
Speaker 2: I think if his son get there next year and he played one year with his son, I think that's it. If he if he can play with his son.
Speaker 1: Pet real ship, bron can stay in the league another five years. Yeah for sure. Because I want to see Broun. I want to see this. I want to see Bronnie make it and then come down and then it's him and his dad. I want to see that. Lord, I want to see Broun come down and watch y'all move I got. I want to see that. Two years later, here come Brce, but your old lass dad, right, what the fuck right? I want to see that I'm being doing what I'm gonna say, what everybody want to say. I want to see Brodny get in the league and get get in here switched on the picking road. Yes, go bring right, but your lass you got me fucked up, dad, old lass. Right, let me get you know, bron go back his look, bring you a little right. I want to see it. I want to see that, right, Bro, Bronnie get a bucket on Brown right now. Yeah, he can get a bucket on right now. Yeah he can get a buck No way, nope. Now he can get a bucket on averaging twenty five. No, I didn't say he ain't. I don't care what he's doing, but he ain't sliding playing at the defensive level. Twenty five lord, twenty five you stick, Lord, he dunking, He's still dunking the ball with I'm saying that Brownnie can get a bucket on bron I'm saying he can't one roll out, get a bucket three dribbles.
Speaker 2: No way, I'm talking to get a bucket on No, no, no, no, no, man, man, come on, that little dude explosive. Is his dad Dad on that back slide like he used to Bro. He ain't sliding like his son.
Speaker 1: Could get a bucket. A bucket, nigga, how we don't know how in the backyard heat. You give him five, he gonna get a bucket. He probably gonna get a bucket on me. But you know, you know what, you can't get a bucket on. Almost knew you was gonna do that. I didn't know at what point you was gonna do some ship. I was like, damn, surprise like that. I like that.
Speaker 2: I give him three possessions.
Speaker 1: I locked him.
Speaker 2: Oh, Brinnie, ye had three possession. I could lock that down.
Speaker 1: No, Lord, no chill out, little Bronnie. Bust your little ass. I give him three possessions. Ain't you ain't got no sliding, No, No, I.
Speaker 2: Can slide three dribbles. Lord, he's still in the league, playing at high premium. Now I'm saying I could get a stop on Bronnie. Not bron Bronnie. I give you get three dribbles and three possessions. You can get a stop, you can score. You can't I can get a stop. No, Lord, you crazy.
Speaker 1: Listen. So what we're gonna do, certified, is we're gonna have to take We're gonna start a certified a segment called Peas Workouts because I need to see his workhouse. It's got you called get a stop, get a stop? Yeah, no, I can get a stop. I can't get a stop. Pete Now in infinite dribbles. Now, if you say said gonna tell me my I'm gonna look and my mindset gonna be looking out. If I don't get a stop, my life is on the line. I'm gonna be ready. You're gonna be in some ship boy, reality gonna hit you. And then he got a shoot that I'm no, we ain't know dribblesd can do that ship that's the drill. That's the drill. Ones. Can he get a bucket on you? Infinite fourteen seconds? Three dribbles? I'm getting a stop, right, No, no, Nate stop no, no that dribbles? Bro man, come on like movement.
Speaker 3: Let's get back to Bron's career funk all that.
Speaker 1: We need some reality. Your ladder ain't like that? Lord you les? Yeah, I've been working on lateral What lateral exercises have you been doing? All right, I gotta right here. I'll show you what I just yesterday. I'll show you what I did. He was doing lateral. Yeah, me and Prince and Prince we was doing this drill right here. Look look what the call this?
Speaker 2: This is what I was doing.
Speaker 1: I record him, but I don't see you know. We're next though. We have to tap the light. Get to this light, get to the Yeah, I did next this the other day we're doing press. I don't see you I was next. I was next.
Speaker 2: We're doing the test the light. When you see the light come on, I'm lateral.
Speaker 1: Everybody think they like that till you get I am hitting him with a lot of the movement.
Speaker 3: All right, When did you guys feel and know you were coming to the end of your career?
Speaker 1: And how hard oh man, p you know what I was thinking about the other day, real ship before you even asked this snake, before Klay Thompson had a good game off the bench or whatever whatever. One of the hardest things to actually come to grips with its being less. You know, you worked your ass off to to you know, to get to a certain confidence, and then I think as soon as you get king of confidence, then some of your physicals start to start to drop a little bit and your verticuaim is high, your explosion, you know, I always said you you had like an elusive kind of game because you would look like you were so did you you know what I'm saying, So it kind of I don't I watched you as gracefully because you couldn't really, you know what I'm saying, Because you start playing the four you got there, you know, cause you shoot, so you start really stretching it, and then the league start going in that direction right right to go to five's. And the next day I looked up I was guarding shocks and I was like, what the fuck like? But I've always said that one of the hardest things for me, and you got to be real with yourself is on the decline. And that decline is real, and it's more of the physical elements because as your physical declines, your mental actually gets better. Your your confidence in what you do because you don't really do a bunch of shit. You know what you're doing, you get right to it, and you do that shit. You don't go out a bunch of extra shit. You be more effective. I feel like, you know, you don't bust, you don't use a bunch of energy in places where you don't need it to. And I got more effective as I got older, I could pass, I can shoot, but yeah, when your physical stars to go, bro, you gotta be real with yourself and yeah you gotta find ways to still make yourself effective. But that, yeah, that was one of the more harder things to go through to watch, you know what I'm saying, because p know, I love the practice. I love to prepare, and I prepare a certain way. And then those same things that actually made me, you know, the player I was, also was the things that I felt like was hurting me so because sometimes I felt like not sometimes, but sometimes the outside perspective thought that I should take a break, or I should do things a little lighter. And you know, old dog, he don't know light. You know what I'm saying. I know what I know. I got here like this and if I could do one thing, I probably would have took my foot off the gas a little bit at the end, just because you know, going hard with what I knew, you know what I'm saying. But it was it was real hard for me, how about you.
Speaker 2: When I knew it was the end, I was like, all right, well just to Clint and no, no, I mean I knew. I was like once I left Boston. I knew I was gonna take a lesser role anyway, which I was cool with, you know, for carrying a heavy load for so many years.
Speaker 1: You know, so I was cool with that, you know, not having to be at the.
Speaker 2: Forefront of just like pressure on me to go out here and lead the top scorer and top defender on this guy.
Speaker 1: So I knew that. So I was cool with playing that role for a few years. You know.
Speaker 2: I thought though, when I knew it was like, man, it's probably time to retire. So, you know, I got to Washington and we had a cool year. I called game and then I was like damn.
Speaker 1: You know. I went to the Clippers and I was like, damn, I can probably help the Clippers get over the top. You know.
Speaker 2: I could be that dude down the stretch, you know that that that X factor. But when Doc didn't start me after I called game and I was coming off the bench and Wesley Johnson was in front of me, I knew it was the end.
Speaker 1: It was the end.
Speaker 2: I knew it was the end. I was like, damn, I musta sin't got it no more.
Speaker 1: Doc. I'm here with Doc and he I just call game, Like what's going I just call game, and now I'm thinking, I can you know, at least come here play a starting role. But I started coming off the bench and I was like, all right, all right, you know, coming off a bench as a whole nother mindset, bro, because you know, as an older player, you know when you used to start in so many years and then you coming off the bench, you you don't know how to prepare for that. You know, because I'm in layup line, I'm stretching and I'm getting a good lather and then I'm sitting down. So now I done went through all this as an older player. Now I'm sweating. So now I might sit down in real time if you just talking about not clock time, real time, I might be sitting down for like thirty minutes seven twenty seven. Shake your leg a so just mentally and physically.
Speaker 2: And it's a different mindset like that you got to prepare for and you kind of liking shock. So now you come in here and you don warmed up, then you get cold, you know, coming off the business for young dudes, you know what I'm saying, Like an older dude, if you still in the league, you either start or you just just time to retire you straight up if you ain't.
Speaker 1: Keeping it one hundred. Did you think he was better than Wesley? Yeah? I did.
Speaker 2: I thought I thought I should start.
Speaker 1: Did you go to doctor and have a conversation or you just like, you know what?
Speaker 2: I was like, fall back. I'm gonna fall back. You know what I'm saying. I'm gonna see how this play out. You know what I'm saying. And then it was just like I wanted to retire after the first year, but I was just like, you know what, I'm gonna come back one more year. And I didn't even play hardly ever, But I want to get back to the young dudes. I want to show them how to prepare. I want to show them what it meant to be a pro. And that's the end. I was home and so I was just like, all right, I know this is my last year. So I'm gonna get again. I'm gonna get I'm still gonna do the same ship i've been doing. I'm gonna get the practice early, I'm gonna live, I'm gonna get my shots up. I'm gonna bring the young boys in. We're gonna go one on one. I'm gonna show them what it's like to be a pro. And so I gave them that, and then I was like, all right, this is it, So.
Speaker 1: Say you start. You think that would have perpetuated you to a couple more years with the Clippers. I don't know. I don't know that. Keep playing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the love was the love was there for sure because I saw, I said, I was still coming in early. I was still coming in early, getting shots up, doing drills, swam on the treadmill. Yeah, yeah, you know what I'm saying. I was still coming in early. I'm coming out. We got practice at tea and I'm there at like eight. I'm there at eight making making sure y'all get in there. We're gonna get our lift, we're gonna run, we're gonna go ones, and then we're gonna do some shooting and then y'all can get on the training table and get ready.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was giving them that. How was they recepted to that? All the veteran They was respectful of it, though, there was respectful because I but I wasn't no other See, this is where I saw the disconnect from the other veterans. You know what I'm saying, And this is what we see today. It's a disconnect from the OG's in the league now and the young fellas. And this is when I first saw it. When I got to the Clippers, none of the older players was messing with the young dudes at all. I was just like, damn, Like I would love to see Chris Paul or DeAndre or Blake come in here and take one of these young boys and let them work with them sometime like early, or go out with them to dinner. You know, maybe they'll work with them here and there. But like it wasn't though, like, young fella, let's go to dinner, or let's all sit together. You know, we'll have breakfast, you know how we have breakfast and shoot on the road and breakfast club. We'd be all sitting together talking about, you know, whatever y'all going talking about. It was like I come in the breakfast room. Nobody's sitting with each other. I'm telling you, Lord, I'm telling you, nobody sitting with each other. I'm sitting there, car, I'm looking like, damn, he over here, he over here, Like what's going on? And that's when I noticed the disconnect, bro, And I was just like, damn, you know what, it's time for me to get on because I ain't never been on a team that we ain't.
Speaker 1: We all always came together. He ain't try to bring it together. I did.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm telling you I did. But it was just like you know, at that point in my career, ticket I'm tired. I didn't want to do I want to come here, give to the young boys. You know, hopefully we can make a run. But it was just too much mentally at this point. Towards the end, it was up to them, you know, it was up to them leaders to do that. I know, I'm at the end and I'm like, man, I'm gonna just take the young boys under my wing and I'm gonna rock with them, and you know, the captains and y'all figure this out. I if it's something in the middle where I see it, I see it. I see it, and I said it once, I say it. It's up to y'all to try to mend it now. And so it has just been too much on me every day. You know what I'm saying, I want to come get my work in, and I was ready to go home.
Speaker 1: You understand, that's the definition of what they what they are probably perceiving as a veteran leader because when I'm got too minutes, I had younger guys. I had Zach, Livine Jue Wiggins, and I had Cat And they were three young young stars that have n't blossomed yet, right right right. Drew Wiggins had probably the most talent out of all three of them. Zach was probably the most naturally and raw ass because he would go times where he had to play the point guard and look like what the fuck is this? And then you'll slot him to the two and he'll be looking like Air Jordan out this small fucker. He had the ability to put shots together and make shots in overtimes and in fourth quarters that I have never seen a young boy dude before. Then Cat he was. He had the charisma and kind of the Cat had. He had the it seemed like he was already a pro. You know. Cat would come in and knew how to do an interview, spoke like you know what I'm saying, like he was real polished to be like a young guy. So come in and watching these three guys, and then I had to have uncomfortable conversations or have uncomfortable situations with all of them to where Zach's that next to me, and I would you know some nice you know, I'll have to tell him some real shit, and you know it came off and you know it's crazy. He actually took criticism very well. His dad was really hard on him. He came from like tougher backgrounds. But when I got into the minutes, when I came to Minnesota, Man, I noticed right away Rubio was the kind of the vet of the voice. And when I came in, I just saw everybody look at me as hey, what do we do? And you know, if anybody know me, man, I'm a natural leader, meaning like I'm gonna go out here and I'm gonna show you. So you know, I didn't really talk a lot. But in practice, man, I was super competitive. You know. I mean practice, but I'm on one leg and I'm gonna do whatever whatever. But damn we are you know, Sam got these niggas fuck out everybody in the line go. So I was you know what I'm saying, I'm jumped back in the rookie year so to not have to show any favoritism or just you know, because I can't. I'm too good. I'm eighteen years into this now, I jump in the line. Now I actually try to beat these niggas, and Lord, I was actually finna beat. I'm finna beat, gonna be everybody in the line. One day and Andrew Wiggins saw that. Lord, Andrew Wiggins tapped into a whole nother all hell on all and that's what I saw, Bro, you bullshitting. You got another level to you, And that's what I started pushing out. Then I start working with Now you give him this, give him and make his ask f I did, and then I start seeing my my I guess my influence of not just how you work, but just how you work. And I was on that. I was on that uncle ship and you put you you know, I was on some on some uncle ship. You know what I'm saying. I want they big brother. But I was like the uncle, you know what I'm saying, And then they they wanted that. That's the one thing the young kids don't know how to initiate. They don't know how to come up to me and say hey, O g like oh yeah. I got to be like, hey, what's up? We are you good? No, gimy, I hurt my ankle the other day. Man, look at this, and you know, what I'm saying. You feel me like the younger generation is not the generation to go up to you and initiate anything. And if they do, they're fucking nervous and they're shy at shit, and everybody's scared of rejection these days. Yeah, you know what I'm saying. So I find it that when I go up to a young fella, s up, young fella, you good, off the slap, now, grip him mouther like, yeah, you good, look him in his face, and then you'll see it. And then I try to initiate the conversation to get it going, and then once it's going, you'll get the interaction. So I think it's on the vest. I think it's on the vest to initiate a lot of the conversation. I think it's on the vest to initiate a lot of the a lot of the the knowledge and the exchange. But a lot of times too, I'm being honest, man, these young boys feeling theirself too. So young boy might not might be wanting to hear what Pete talking about. Man, I'm doing me shit, I would use young like me once, right, So some of the young boys don't want to hear no direction they doing it how they want to do it. So but guys like that, I'm like, you know, kudos, go ahead, bro, you got it. And it always it always come back around like the boomerang. You feel me, nigga fucked up? Something came back og man. And that's being young. You know what I'm saying. Everybody here who is young can understand that. But it gotta be more. I think stuff like this All Star to me should be where the young guys and the older guys have a safe place in a median to sit and just chop. Because I know this about young people. They love to hear your stories. They love to hear how up? Man did you man? The first thing Jenniber asked, men, did juwe p every fight we got on camera? And he goes, man, juie p every fight? Say Dad, we ever fight? Man?
Speaker 2: I fought with our whole team.
Speaker 1: Damn your fault. But you know, out of that and then it wasn't necessarily a scrap of none. It was like a verbal and all it is is that Pete believes in something. I believe in something. And then we meet in the middle.
Speaker 2: You know what they need to do? What All Star Weekend? They need to have the ogs with.
Speaker 1: The current lunch brunch. Mm, that'd be hard and just sit and chill. We get at the tables. All that hard because niggas break bread bread like we're in there.
Speaker 2: We all having a brunch. That's what the that just to keep that connect every year, it should be an annual thing to where you got ex NBA players with the current brunch.
Speaker 1: Because they need to hear the mindset because I love to hear shot.
Speaker 2: We get in the room with them and we have just convos and and chop it up.
Speaker 1: And it's different when this camera is on. When this camera is off and these mics are off, that we speak so candidly, we speak so right to it when all this cameras and ship and all y'all producers and everybody off the room. Man, the nig can be some atmosphere. You hear me, Nigga be some You feel me.
Speaker 2: That's that's gonna Adam, if you listen, that's this we need to have that, Adam launching the lunching with the current All Stars and just ex NBA players brunch at All Star weekend.
Speaker 1: Right, We're gonna have a big baby. That's how you keep the connect man, we need some good drilling and we need some of them tacos from the You know what I'm saying. We're gonna tap in the f a get get the food. Right, We're gonna have a good old shin dig in. There ain't no cameras allowed in here. You know what I'm saying, Right, We're gonna it's gonna be the shin dig. You know what I'm saying. We need a good player player shin dig straight up. We need amigo and ego. That's what we need. Friend the friend, feel me, hear me out. So the problem I have with the league is this, and this is all positive. This is all positive to me. This is all positive, ridicule, whatever you want to call it. But the league has replaced what you love and the players that have built the league for entertainers. I look on the sideline now I'm seeing NFL players. I see I see a fucking artists, I see recording artists, I see actors, I see everything excepted I see. I thought I saw doctor j H. I thought I saw. I don't see Ai. I don't see I see Pe. I ain't see I ain't see none of guys. I ain't see magic. I ain't see none of the guys to help build the league. I see. I thought I see Larry Bird, he was there. I saw wanted to. I think I seen Bill Walnan in something like you know what I'm saying. But it wasn't like players that I wanted to go and down to shake they like you remember man up Man. I was in Cleveland, Man, Big Will was there about you feel me? Bro, Bro, you gotta bro, you wanna if you want to. It's the fraternity, Bro. And I never watch an NFL something to see NBA players in the NFL setting and nothing. They don't. They don't, they don't, they don't cross breathing, none of that shit, you understand. I'll watch a celebrity game and I'll see I'll see a death jam artist in that motherfucker. I'll see an NFL player that motherfucker. I see a UFC. I'll see everybody that's outside of the NBA in that game, you understand. So I think that the league needs to get back to bringing the fraternity back together. You brought us back for seventy five and I thought Cleveland was dope. Bo. Can you imagine taking that same energy in LA or taking it to San fran You understand like that's a different type of energy, and that's a different type of energy in the building in which if you're a content maker, you know what you're doing. You can sit there and just eat all day off there. You feel me, And that's what I think we need to get back to. We need to get back to the one on one basketball, one on one. We're getting too it's getting too dressing. Now you said it's an event. It's an event company entertainment. It's starting to look like entertainment. It's not a game. So we need to get back to it looking like a game. Fuck this event. Shit, let the events be outside of the game. Niggas showing up paying tickets. Two it's too expensive too, Bro, two thousand us some four hundred man, get the fuck out of here. Bro. Don't do that to the fan and want to come in here and get this experience. M Bro, fuck out of here, because if it was another game that just listen, we had the cracking game and we went down the street and took the dopest West fourth or put it indictments somewhere. Bro, we can make the cracking game. Damn. There more Cracking, boy, don't get me started. And they're gonna have to take some of that shit that we was talking about in the Cracking and put it in an All Star game. Yeah, niggas wanna wear they Ja, Niggas want to you know what I'm saying right, just to jump off for everybody to jump off. Nigga want to get man, Bro, everybody had dope shoes, everybody had flyout fence. Man. Niggas left the game? What what? What? What docs say? Man? Everybody showed up but didn't play the game. But didn't you look good though? Broa, we gotta get back to the game. Bro, the essence of what we all love about the All Star Game. But that's really showing up. I'm having this fly new ship on your y'all catch these and like June they come out new color waves. Right, but right now I'm at somebody's ass, right, you know what I'm saying straight up? Needs to get back to that. Let's get it. Let's get these fan questions in.
Speaker 3: What's the most impressive single game performance witness, whether it's on the bench, one of your teammates, you were.
Speaker 1: There a fan, I'll take any I saw. Yeah, this's gonna be Yes's gonna show my age. But you know I mean saying live live. I was in Cleveland when we was getting our ass beat. I think it was ninety seven and no, we had a kid on our team by the name of Hollywood. There was Hollywood last Hollywood Robinson. Yeah, Hollywood, I want to say Hollywood, Man, I'm going I don't know why I'm going blank on Hollywood last night. Robinson from Ala Mountain right that water gold too. Yeah. Listen, this motherfucker was our walking bucket in the fourth courter door. We probably asked beat by like forty we seiting here, we getting all ass beat this when Cleveland had the blue and the blue orange in the white. You remember Cleveland like appreciate Yeah, I think Chris nellm and Chris Mills and you remember that, remember that Cleveland team. Bro. I saw man Holly, I saw Hollywood get like twenty seven in like fifteen minutes. When I'm saying cooking him and my move dog. I told will Avery one time we had blue Denver out, or we had blue Vancouver out. We're aby coming in here, flip tailor Hey look hey my movie wooh Avery like man fuck like fucking around, came in and put some man put some. I'm talking about just basic shit. You know my move. He got the two hand pump fake. Well, he don't really move. Came in man had like twenty five and like seven minutes. Bro, it was real shit. I was like, God damn, it was just basic. Those are the two performers I saw and I was like, oh wow. I was like, oh wow. I was like, oh wow, oh wow. Damn Woodie. Woody almost brought us back.
Speaker 2: What about you? Damn Cole's performance. You've seen the coldest performance I seen. Well, shit, one of them was against me when Bron came into Boston game six. When Bron Game sixters, I mean, but you gotta understand that the game right there for Bron was like when Jordan got over the instance. Bro, that was like he had to have that game, and I think that changed his career. But that game was unbelievable because because he was hitting shots that I wanted him to take fadeaways threes, you know, instead of him getting to the basket.
Speaker 1: I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: It's that game. And then the other game was Bron. Also, I thought this was the best game I've ever seen. A human play. I thought it was damn there the perfect game. It was Game one versus Golden State. And this is when I was working doing the game broadcast, and the Game one versus Golden State in Golden State. In Golden State, I think they still lost the game.
Speaker 1: The j R.
Speaker 2: Smith Game, that's the best game I've ever seen somebody play live. I was just like, dude, did everything possible.
Speaker 1: Bro.
Speaker 2: I think he down there played the perfect game. Bro, I'm watching this. I'm actually watching the game like it ain't nothing more you can humanly do on a basketball court.
Speaker 1: I forgot about it.
Speaker 2: I think he had about like fifty six or forty nine around that. Yeah, yeah, what do he had that game? He had about fifty one? Yeah, I mean, but just the way he played the game, it was like it was like he orchestrated everything. It was like because Golden State, I didn't think they could even beat Golden State. They should have won that game. And if they win Game one, I truly believe they would have won the chip that year. But that game game won.
Speaker 3: The j R.
Speaker 2: Smith Game was the best game I've seen live. Vich Carter has a spectator. I played Vince Carter one time doog. That motherfucker was like a video I don't know video game. I played Vince Carder in Toronto one time. I think this our first time locking up, and that motherfucker had like forty eight on me.
Speaker 1: Bro Damn. He was going crazy. He was doing shit. You know a lot of people don't notice that viscun just catch the ball anywhere, turn around and it's good money. Like niggas don't know that nigga water. He really water, you know what I'm saying. It was. It was in Toronto. I do not know. We did not go to that motherfucker just going he was. He was going, Oh, he was going crazy. He was going o z in that mother for you feel me like I I listen. I thought I could guard too. I was like this, y'all can have this three fuck this ship. Take my minds down here, just four straight up. But he was, you know what I'm saying. It was his face, he was man, listen, yeah, man, I forgot about the bron game six. God damn. I tried to get that out of the memory.
Speaker 3: My next question I got for you guys, what's the best Jordan's silhouette ever made?
Speaker 1: Jordan silhouette. Favor you ever had, concord bro Eleven's I'm eleven and four guy four all day shout on eas good for the forest for me.
Speaker 2: That was the first pair of Jordan's I got. When I was the sixth grade, I got him.
Speaker 1: My first pair of Geordans was the ones he won when you had to put your fingers in the uh in the in the infrareds, the six sixers you had to put you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Then my first Jordan I had, I saved up one hundred dollars for them joints.
Speaker 1: Listen. I worked at barri Key for like two months, got my blew my whole check on them ship. It was one hundred dollars back in the day one of his ship. Like, I just spent my money on this ship. Everybody kissed my ass when we hear that ship and I got through happy right up, man, Listen, Jeordan used to be the ship bro. Like if you had J's on, remember when you people man man, I used to take care of them boys man too. Brush listen, water listen. This is all you hear me. Whatever you clean your shoes with all two brush I have, I usually have I used to have a whole kit had bacon soda because I heard bacon solder. I used to bubble up right, so the little dirt joint, soa vinegar right, and then limit juice to let juice. Then my whole boy used to tape, put the great tape on it when you recover it, and then you would just clean right here, take the great tape off and be spotless. Oh man, listen.
Speaker 2: I used to get them my white shoes.
Speaker 1: I have to get what was that? Oh, you're talking about the right?
Speaker 2: Cleanse it out, get them back.
Speaker 1: What's called niggas used to wash? Used to get on this ship. I used to shoot follow ship out of my shoes. They don't shoe polish it no more, no way, no way shoe polish. Hey, listen, listen.
Speaker 2: You can't tell me y'all. They used to shoot polish'all ship. Listen, bro, what I used to keep my shoes looking? Dude, listen New York. When I have some cousins in New York and I watch how they clean shoes, I never cleaned my shoes the same after again. Them niggas had the goggles, they had their hair. They were looking up at the light they had the other gather bro the bubbles off they was and they was. I was like, what, like the whole bathroom was a was a was a factory. That's how I started cleaning my shoes after that. Then, and then my Jordan's caught so much. I would take my time. Put my ships over here, cover my ships. Right, you couldn't see my ships. Right, Let's get the game. I start back tomorrow.
Speaker 1: Nah, yes, damn really you bro, ain't get no break brot Wednesday. I got a week.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 1: That last game was Thursday, last week. Niggas, listen you If you played Wednesday, you travel Thursday, Friday, you had interviews in practice, Saturday, same thing, community community, you had like a six hour day. Sunday you play, you left that night, you land in Toulon, you wake up Monday, uh Tuesday, right, Monday Tuesday or God you're talking, but listen to this.
Speaker 2: You're talking about twenty four players out of three hundred some players.
Speaker 1: I'm talking about the stars of the league.
Speaker 2: But you still got three hundred players that got rest, the only ones that matter.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is that matter? The mother three hundred that's that's doing. God knows what are you talking? About you were telling these twenty four thirty You know what I'm saying. Let's you know what I'm saying. That's what we're talking about. You at the East one man ticket. You also had three point contests. Oh man, feel so good. It's lonely at the top. Boy. I mean, you know when you been with a favorite every damn week. You know what I'm saying. You go to some ship. I want to thank betting Jim. You know what I'm saying. Everybody, our partners the NBA. You know what I'm saying, Shout the Dame good looks. That's like something two bottles of came into something. It's like two bottles like screaming Eagles, some dog. We're just gonna put the most.
Speaker 3: Explensive at the guard.
Speaker 4: Wet Oh, let's get it ABC Still next time time still injured, random coming back, but sweet.
Speaker 1: Sometimes just come off for being out.
Speaker 2: You can't just come off from being out a month and think you're gonna step into a high level game and for them, come on, dog didn't go to the All Star Game. I mean, man, he made the other Look you don't just take it. You don't just get injured and think this ain't the game you want to come back. This ain't the game you want to come back for either. You know, guys when they get hurt, they be waiting for that one game. They're like, all right, I'm gonna come back.
Speaker 1: This league.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna come back versus Detroit. I'm gonna come back versus Yeah, the slump buster, that's the slump bust.
Speaker 1: That's how you get slump bust. That's how you get slum busted. I'm gonna come back when we play the Wizards. I'm gonna come back when we play Charlotte, like a practice Celtics, Celtics at Nicks. Who's you got pet? This prime time? So we're rolling right now. This is ain't thirty. Yeah, this is like by like fifteen by fifteen in the Garden, in the in the Garden in New York and the Guarden.
Speaker 2: You know, when you come off that All Star you feel like you're the best in the you know that first game, you know, Eve, when you come back from All Star, everybody come back to Yeah yeah, phel Me Brunton feeling like you feel me? Yeah yeah, yeah, you beat them by fifteen.
Speaker 1: This is light work on this light work this weekend just say you like the next.
Speaker 2: I said, Celtics by fifteen, this is light work.
Speaker 1: I got the Celtics too, But I don't think it's gonna be light work. And you know what, Yeah, I'm going to Seas because we finished see the Siege take another. I'm looking forward to the Seas like really hitting overdrive. You know what I'm saying. I think I think these first five games too, so the whole league are all messages. Real shit, these these first five games that every team has to come out of, you need to come out with a message. I'm talking about signature wins. And when you're supposed to beat the teams you supposed to be, you supposed to demolish them and the teams that you know on the same tier. You can win those games and go five hundred of those games. Those are gonna Those are the teams I'm looking forward to go like, and the Celtius are one of those teams. So I'll own Listen, the Knicks got something to prove and to build this robbery. If the Nists can win at home, it makes this robbery or it makes this this matchup a little more livelier for later on. So I wouldn't be surprised that Jay and Brunton went crazy and this motherfuck you feel me? Yeah, but I'm going with the Seas. The Seeds look like they locked and loaded, especially when they got Paisingers. Yeah, everybody off the break, everybody's ready, Yeah, Drew Holiday, everybody in there. I feel like this the Seas is this this, this disease is yere. So yeah, I got the season against against the Knicks. Next game Sunday, Sunday, Sunday, Bucks.
Speaker 3: At six Ers. We got another ABC game, one o'clock.
Speaker 1: Start the Bucks at the Sixers. They do. I don't think they're boring. Dog got fired, they didn't quit.
Speaker 2: You know that's definitely when you quit, not then get traded or act for trade and miss Philly though Philly boots. I don't know, man, because Milwaukee been kind of like Doctor Jekyll and mister Hyde, and Philly gonna play hard no matter what. I just seen Philly beat somebody they shouldn't beat.
Speaker 1: I forget it was. But you think Philly can beat Milwaukee without Joel? Now, Milwaukee just lost to the D League Memphis. You actuate Memphis ain't a professional.
Speaker 2: Team though, but they had their D League players out there and they two way players.
Speaker 1: Niggas play hard too.
Speaker 2: You're gonna at least you're gonna have to stars out there on Philly, Tobias Harris, there's a borderline all Star in this league and Maxie all Star. Then you gotta a bunch of moupuckers that play hard as hell. This is a true testament that this is gonna tell me a lot this game. Actually, damn, who got I'm gonna take. I'm gonna take Milwaukee, right, I ain't when they trick, I wouldn't bet on it. I'm a dead man.
Speaker 1: Who you got? I'm like, oh, hell no water Well yeah, Philly, Oh, I'm going to Milwaukee. Man, Listen, I'm a believer it, bro, I don't believe that you have this type of talent and all this that you have. And it's just no, no, at some point the cream gonna ride. So Milwaukee's one of them teams that we're watching, and they're gonna have to make the jump. It's it's it ain't no fifty to fifty.
Speaker 2: It's they're gonna get a couple of days of practice too.
Speaker 1: They don't have to Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, next.
Speaker 3: Game, Lakers going to the Phoenix to play the Sons.
Speaker 1: Ooh, Lakers and Sons, Ooh, Lakers and Phoenix. Who you like, Pete, I'm gonna go with.
Speaker 2: Tricky too tricky teams, Bro, this is not a betting the type of damn. I'm gonna go with Phoenix on this move. I think they need to. I think they need they building on something right now. They've been playing well lately. I think they gonna I think I got I got Phoenix. Yeah, I think they're gonna turn it up.
Speaker 1: Nah, I think Bron. I think the Lakers finna take a run. Bro. I think with then Widdy, I think they're all excited. I think they got re refurbished energy. You feel me. I think the Lakers wanna make a rub. Bro, I'm being dead ass. I'm telling you, the Bron effect is a real effect. It's prime time. It's it's against KD. We get it. It's against KD. It ain't you know what I'm saying, KD in the building? You know booking, you know what I'm saying. Stars. Ain't nobody feel that? You feel me? Nah, I'm going I'm gonna take the Lakers. I'm gonna go with Brian and the Boys. Against the against the Suns. Yeah, I think the Sons got him. You think so.
Speaker 2: Man KD like matching up. He like he liked this matchup. When they lost the last one, I think, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's get it, then, let's let's get it. And those are the picture of the we. Yeah,