Speaker 1: Broadcasting live from the Abraham Lincoln Radio Studio the George Washington Broadcast Center, Jack Armstrong and Joe Getty.
Speaker 2: Arm Strong and Getty and he Armstrong and Getty at ten o two East Coast time.
Speaker 3: We have a ruling from the US Supreme Court on the popular app known as TikTok. The Supreme Court upholds the law that was passed by Congress in a bipartisan manner, signed in the law by Joe Biden last April to find a new buyer within two hundred and seventy days. The Supreme Court has now ruled that that law stands. What happens to the app, however, is.
Speaker 1: A wide open question.
Speaker 4: So this is just happening now, and we were planning to talk about TikTok anyway.
Speaker 1: What does this mean? Joe?
Speaker 5: Well, as always, I want to point out, it's a ban on the Chinese ownership of the social media app because they are a hostile power. That's what the law says. Supreme Court upheld the ban quote. There's no doubt that TikTok offers a distinctive and expansive outlet for expression, means of engagement, and source of community. But Congress has determined that devestiture is necessary to address it's well supported national security concerns regarding TikTok's data collection practices and relationship with a foreign adversary. For the foregoing reasons, we conclude that the challenge provisions do not violate petitioners First Amendment rights. Just as Soda Mayor has an opinion concurring in part she thinks it does touch on the First Amendment, some gorstch concurs in the judgment that is the result.
Speaker 1: What was the ruling? M miss that. What was the number? Do we know? Oh?
Speaker 5: I don't have that number. There are various concurring opinions. So yeah, it's not always like six to three. Sometimes it's four plus one plus one to three, if you know what I'm saying. Because they partially agree with each other anyway, So yeah, TikTok must divest itself from its Chinese overlords if it wants to keep doing business in the United States, Thank goodness.
Speaker 4: In two hundred and whatever day starting Sunday or did that start a long time ago?
Speaker 1: And the deal and the time is up on Sunday.
Speaker 5: The time is running out. I think, Yeah, it's up on Sunday. So that was a last minute of yours. And you know what, Listen, I don't want to court a fight with hardcore Trump supporters, and y'all are absolutely welcome any time, and sometimes we'll agree, sometimes we'll disagree, and that's fine.
Speaker 1: We can still be friends. But Trump's jumping in and.
Speaker 5: Saying, yeah, maybe I can say, well, I can work out a deal because TikTok's been good to me and they helped me get elected. I'm sorry, no, no, not going there. And the Supreme Court is not going to let it happen either. So this is by fifty times the most significant thing you will hear about out the question of TikTok and its Chinese ownership. Peter Schweitzer as always doing some great writing. It was published in Breitbart, and you know, Breitbart primarily does a very very good job. It's disappointing to me that this will not be heard more widely. But he has dug deep and long into available documents, speeches, memos, etc.
Speaker 1: From the Chinese.
Speaker 5: Communists, and the title of the article is why Beijing wants Americans to keep using TikTok, And he talks about how everyone's talking about the potential ban and weighing in with friends of the court, briefs and statements and the rest of it. From Trump to Mike Pence to nearly two dozen state attorneys general blah blah blah. But there's none of their opinion, Schweitzer rights from a source to the court, will not hear from the Chinese Communist Party, what do they think? Very few are talking about what the Communists in Beijing think of the looming TikTok decision. China is wielding. TikTok is a weapon wage unders diricted warfare on the US. That is why the Chinese CCP views TikTok as a quote modern day trojan horse, that's their quote, and classified its powerful algorithm is a top secret quote national security asset.
Speaker 4: I believe maybe she listens to the Armstrong and Getty show or gets the podcast. I believe we called it a trojan horse and talked about how it makes the original trojan horse seem like nothing. Oh, the original wooden trojan horse pushed in there. Okay, some warriors jumped on. That's not like re educating your youth for the next several generations.
Speaker 5: Though in the Comi zone, words TikTok's constant stream of short and over stimulating videos make for a powerfully addictive source of propaganda. In a restricted Chinese academic journal, Colonel Deju, a professor at China's top military academy, wrote that the real battle between the US and China is quote information driven mental warfare. A separate journal, he said, Younger People's Liberation Army propagandists and increasingly realize the popularity of short videos online, and TikTok is the best example of this so far. He's talking about Red Army propagandists and how valuable they think TikTok is leading the Chinese People's Liberation Army in the future, will refer to it as the PLA strategist Zeng Hufeng argues that the CCP must use quote information and popular spiritual and cultural products as weapons to influence people's psychology, will attitude, behavior, and even change the ideology, values, cultural traditions, and social systems. According to Zeng, these cultural tools, including apps, video games, et cetera, should be used quote to target individuals, groups, countries, and even people around the world.
Speaker 4: They are obviously, have been, and we're planning to continue using our freedom against us the one hundred percent the battle between democracies and authoritarian regimes. Sometimes you hear it argued as to like, which is better for the people? You people are crazy. I mean, it's not even a close call. Democracies are better for human beings. Then I don't care if they can build bridges more efficiently and quickly or whatever. But in terms of which system is going to win, which is going which is better in terms of dominating the world, I'm not certain in the modern techno era, where you can reach across borders, that the free countries can survive ahead of the.
Speaker 1: Mean countries.
Speaker 5: I want to get back to the text of this because it's so great. But that is a great topic. And if you look at the history, we'll just save the United States during certain times of extreme strife, trouble, world wars, civil wars, that sort of thing, measures have been taken that in retrospect, during peace times when all the danger is passed, very easy to say that measure was unfair, it was mean, it was too much. But that happens in history because if you lose the great battle with communism, and are you know, feeling the whip of your Chinese overlords, but are saying to yourself, well, at least we didn't do anything that could be seen as races. At least we didn't suspend habeas corpus. Yeah, yeah, that sort of thing. Well, congratulations, that's just groovy. Good for you. But anyway, so where was I? According to Chinese military strategist, Beijing can win this in this way, I'm sorry, Ken. In this way win quote mind superiority by cutting off historical memory, deconstructing cultural symbols and perception manipulation via propaganda spread on digital platforms like TikTok. All of these are quotes from the Chinese themselves. TikTok is a means of quote subconscious messaging in which Chinese strategists say is more effective than overtly political propaganda and I quote. The ultimate goal is to manipulate the country's values and achieve strategic goals without an actual overt military battle. In an obscure CCP report titled Analysis of Modern Network Media Warfare in the Perspective of Intelligent Technology, Beijing's military strategists revealed that the best formats and forms of propaganda work on young, impressionable people through amusement and I quote and you know people say it's dance videos, Take it easy. Entertainment is the main motivation for Generation Z content consumption, said Pang xing Gang, the deputy director of the Propaganda Department, in another strategy paper entitled Research on International Communication Strategies and Practice Paths of Generation Z. Entertainment is the main motivation for Gen Z con consumption. By better understanding those we mean to propagandize, the CCP can explore effective communication strategies and paths and improve the ability to set agendas. There are a litany of these quotes about how content control is becoming more and more important Digital propaganda and opinion manipulation and social media platforms quote and found that emotional content can easily lead the audience to have the illusion of independent thinking and attribute irrational emotions to righteous indignation or empathy, which intensifies.
Speaker 1: The value of delusion. In other words, to boil it down.
Speaker 5: They've realized that if you can give impressionable young people pleasure or righteous indignation through entertainment vehicles, and then direct that entertainment in subtle ways towards shaping their beliefs, it will be extremely effective, And they're right, of course, I remember talking about the contrast between like Twitter and Facebook and Instagram and TikTok attitudes towards the Chinese Communist Party beliefs about the wigers in China huge golf in the numbers of the users of those various social media platforms.
Speaker 1: So I've I've.
Speaker 4: Kind of assumed this whole time that the way out of this not very satisfying, but the way out of this was somebody else is going to come up with something more entertaining or as entertaining or TikTok in the way that Facebook obliterated MySpace, that it'll get taken care of that way.
Speaker 1: But maybe not. I mean, is the algorithm just something we can't replicate? Apparently not.
Speaker 5: I mean it's like, you know, the iPhone took other companies long time to come up with a product that was as good. I also, I am kind of amused by the argument that we just need to come up with a better one and kids will forget about TikTok. But meanwhile, and this will be my final quote from Peter Schweizer's piece, Oh Whoosit's on this page? Chinese government study on online manipulation further noted that online propaganda quote is a highly concealed propaganda method and its effect can far exceed traditional propaganda. The studies authors say such propaganda could even affect the social stability and political security of a target country or region.
Speaker 4: That is a quote, Wow, well you can't keep the Chinese out of your Internet, but maybe you can keep the bad guys out of breaking in your back door if you got simply Safe.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Especially with simply Safe's active guard. Outdoor protection helps prevent breakings before they happen. AI powered cameras with live professional monitoring agents monitor your property. Somebody's lurking around acting suspiciously. They can see them, talk to them, activate, activate spotlights, even contact the coppers before a breaking.
Speaker 4: There are no long term con tech hmm. There are no long term contracts or cancelation fees with simply Safe. That's how much they believe in their product.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 4: It's kind of like we were talking about TikTok. It's just that much better than everybody else's product. Simply Safe is the best.
Speaker 5: And those super advanced monitoring plans they start at around a dollar a day.
Speaker 1: That's so much less.
Speaker 5: Than traditional systems and it's so much better. Sixty day satisfaction guarantee named best home security by multiple outlets. Start the year with greater peace of mind. Visit It's simply safe dot com slash armstrong. Get fifty percent off a new system with a professional monitoring plan in your first month free. That's simplysafe dot com slash armstrong. There's no safe like simply safe. China is the Larry Bird of the world. I don't has an enemy ever announced what they're going to do the way China is, and then they just continue to do it and seem to be fairly six well. Like Larry Bird would say, Okay, I'm gonna get the ball before the play would start and say I'm gonna fake left, I'm gonna move right, and then I'm gonna lay it up in your face, and then he would do it even after he told him what he was gonna do. China is that way we're going to do, you know, X, Y and Z, this is our plan.
Speaker 1: There are books out there.
Speaker 4: We're going to you know, build islands and tournament into military bases and use TikTok to educate your youth and.
Speaker 1: All kinds of different things they did. They tell us. It's not like they keep it a secret.
Speaker 4: Our goal is to uh to to take over the world and supplant you as the world's only hyperpower.
Speaker 1: That's that's our plan, not hiding it. Boy, we're dumb.
Speaker 5: We're big and we're comfortable and we're dumb. Is a superpower?
Speaker 1: Interesting? Well, everyone knows that those you were used TikTok.
Speaker 4: I can't wait till Monday you start talking about Is it any different then?
Speaker 1: Or not? A lot? More on the way? Stay with us?
Speaker 6: Armstrong Vice president Kamala Harris is and what are they planning to write a book after leaving office?
Speaker 1: Look for it in your bookstores. How not to section.
Speaker 4: I missed?
Speaker 1: This is like based on events.
Speaker 4: I missed the setup who wrote Abamala Harris's new book?
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Yeah that makes sense. Yeah. The NFL this weekend? Are you very exciting? And there are four games four the two.
Speaker 4: Teams with home field throughout the playoffs. Pretty big betting odds on there. The Lions are expected to win by nine and a half points. The Chiefs are expected to win by eight. That's what the betting odds are currently. Eagles over the lo Rams by six and a half the exciting game that's been going back and forth by a point tomorrow, Bill's Ravens up in Buffalo, one point this way or that way. I'm really looking forward to that game. I'm plan to watch it. But you might know if you follow this sort of thing, that the halftime show at the super Bowl, that's why they're doing these playoffs is to figure out what teams are going to play in the super Bowl. The halftime show this time around is Kendrick Lamar, which I don't know. I don't know Kendrick Lamar that well. I know he's a really big deal. My son is super into Kendrick Lamar. That's his kind of music. Yeah, very well thought.
Speaker 5: Of creatively, even among people who are not like hardcore hip hop people. He's an artist, definitely, a lot of people are just half talented.
Speaker 1: Warblers are called artists.
Speaker 4: So when we go driving around, me and the kids, like we are going out to eat and we take turns on who has ox, which is a term teenagers use. That's that's who has access to the music. I get ox. It comes from auxiliary a the auxiliary plot, even though nobody uses that anymore. It's all bluetooth, but I get OX now you had OX last time? Is the way he and his high school friends talk if you want to sound him. But anyway, my oldest son had Ox on the way back from the restaurant, and so he plays his stuff. I say, okay, here we go with the cop killer rap, and then he was giving him crap where's the melody with his various songs. But Kendrick Lamar Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe we were listening to on the way home featuring Good Kid and m AA D City Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe Bykenrick Lamore.
Speaker 1: I just my question was going to be to you.
Speaker 4: Have you ever read anything or do you have any theories on how musical taste develops, why some people like certain stuff and other people like different stuff. I got two kids grow up in exactly the same household. The younger one basically likes the same music as me. He wants to he likes classic rock. He wants to listen to the Eagles and Leonard Skinnard and Bachman Turner Overdrive and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: He's thirteen.
Speaker 4: His older brother is all Kendrick Lamar and Ken Carson and Cardi Cardi b or cart no different Cardi, Playboy Cardi, Playboy Carti and that sort of stuff.
Speaker 5: And do you have any do you know why you'd made up all of those names? I would still be sitting here with the same look on my face.
Speaker 1: I know. Do you have any idea how people come to their tastes? No?
Speaker 4: No, But like with food, don't you kind of assume to a certain extent they perceive it differently, like.
Speaker 1: Yes, the flavor us upbringing.
Speaker 5: I mean, it can't be a coincidence that billions of Indian kids like Indian food, right, But.
Speaker 4: Okay, well that on My two kids grew up in the same house with the same exposure.
Speaker 1: So I don't know. I don't even know how I found this stuff in me. Yeah, I don't have any idea.
Speaker 5: That reminds me I came across the woman who has my dream job. I mean, it makes this job look like digging ditches, which I've also done. Talk about that a little bit later on.
Speaker 1: You have a theory there, Katie, I'm just wondering if it has to do with his friends, your friend group. Yeah. Sure, maybe that's formative years.
Speaker 5: Of forming musical taste, which is probably typically between eight and fifteen.
Speaker 4: Maybe that's ninety percent of your friend group. What is going to make you more popular with the people you want to be popular with?
Speaker 1: Pushes you that direction. I could be part of it. Like I don't even know why my musical tastes are what they are.
Speaker 4: I couldn't tell you more analysis from smart people about the Supreme Court ruling over TikTok and a bunch of.
Speaker 1: Other stuff Armstrong and Getty Well.
Speaker 6: Brand new CNN poll gives us some insight into how Americans are feeling about his return to the White House. Look at his favorability. It's at its highest in four years. It's at forty six percent, still underwater, but better than it's been. When you ask Americans the question will the United States be better off in four years from now?
Speaker 1: Well more than half of those polled say yes. Uh that's in that poll.
Speaker 4: In many polls, Trump has got the highest favorability he's ever had in his political career, which is something heading into a new term. I thought this on the back of it was pretty damned interesting. Gallop out with their political party identification, Are you a Republican or Democrat?
Speaker 1: Those continue to go down, down down downtown. There are few. Yeah, both of them. They're tied at twenty eight.
Speaker 4: Fewer and fewer people want to call themselves either a Republican or a Democrat. I mean it's been going down my entire adult life. Actually, it's pretty much a straight line down since I started voting in the eighties. Fewer and fewer people want to be a Republican, our Democrat. The number of people who call themselves an independent has been going up, up, up, and is now forty three percent.
Speaker 5: You need not be a mathematician to understand we're headn't toward below half of people identify with either of the quote unquote major parties. I wonder if it's because they're inept, corrupt and embarrassing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's mostly an emotional thing, right.
Speaker 4: It doesn't make any difference really, because people are going out and voting Republican, our Democrat. We just had a presidential election, but then I want to call themselves a Republican or a Democrat. Yeah, that's interesting.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 5: It speaks to a need for something different. You would think in that environment a third party would emerge, but so far it has not. Big ruling from the Supreme Court, Trump was wanting the whole TikTok ban to not happen the day before he becomes president, because his argument was, I'm going to be president, I'm going to be dealing with this. Put it off until you know I'm in charge, and we'll take a look at it then. But the Supreme Court said, nah, it's dan Well. Trump considers himself the greatest deal maker in the history of that certainly thought he could work out a deal, which you know he may have been able to. But the Supreme Court has spoken rather loudly. As Shannon Breem will inform us here.
Speaker 7: They say this, there's no doubt that for more than one hundred and seventy million Americans, TikTok offers a distinctive and expansive outlet for expression, means of engagement, and source of community. But Congress has determined that divestiture is necessary to address its well supported national security concerns regarding TikTok's data collection practices and relationship with a foreign adversary. They say, listen, this doesn't violate First Amendment rights. And there's a big conversation when the hearing was held last week. Vite Edance is a foreign entity. It does not have First Amendment rights? Why would it?
Speaker 4: Why does every conversation about TikTok have to begin with many millions of people enjoy the cat videos and college girls twerking.
Speaker 1: We know that's got nothing to do with anything, does it? Can I choose one or the other? Yes.
Speaker 5: The headline, which I'm afraid we have buried, is that the Supreme Court has ruled this unanimously. They were unanimous in their conclusion that Congress could ban the hostile foreign ownership of TikTok.
Speaker 1: That's what we're talking about here now.
Speaker 5: How they got to that conclusion varied a bit among the justices, so they have concurring opinions that are agreeing while subtly disagreeing. But it was unanimous that yes, Congress can do this. It is proper to ban tikety talk unanimous. I just get it to ban the hostile foreign ownership of TikTok. One more note from a learned observer than I have a thought or to turly in twenty nine B please Michael.
Speaker 8: But to general thrust of the oral argument was that they would let this band stand, and that's going to kick this into the political realm or back there where President Trump will have to address it. You know, these justices tend to view these types of questions as something that should be resolved in the legislative and executive branches. They try not to get ahead of their skis on questions like this. For many of the justices, they were faced with the government, including the Biden administration, saying that there are serious national security risks here, so they're not in a position necessarily just to dismiss those concerns.
Speaker 5: If you're just tuning in, I would beg of you to grab the podcast later and listen to the beginning of our two of the show today Armstrong and Getty on demand. We went over at piece by Peter Schweitzer in which he was extensively quoting Communist Party officials, military officials, propagandists, intelligence people, talking about how incredibly important and useful TikTok is in influencing people of other nations, including the United States obviously primarily, and how it is so useful as a propaganda tool because it's not perceived as propaganda yet can do enormous damage or great stuff. From the perspective of the communist Chinese, it's just beyond dispute that we are under attack in fifty one hundred different ways from the Communist Chinese. And if you as a nation don't understand that you're under attack until actual bombs go off, you're too dumb to survive as a superpower.
Speaker 4: Well read Pillsbury's book One hundred Year Marathon. They think long term in China, and this is a great long term plan. We're going to educate their youth to think more like we think than way Americans normally think. And it takes a deni from history and hate their country, But that's fine with us. So I would love to know. Since they're not an open society, we don't know. Did this happen organically in China?
Speaker 1: Did some?
Speaker 4: Because you can become rich and successful in China your company, you know, the books have to be open to the Communist Party because that's the way everything works there.
Speaker 1: But you can become rich and successful. Did some. Uh, there's a.
Speaker 4: Smart coder in the United States, some Zuckerberg type person in China figure out an algorithm for just a really good social media app, and then the Chinese Communist Party thought, ah.
Speaker 1: This would be a good way to hook young people.
Speaker 4: I mean, did it happen that way, or did they set out originally to come up with the best most addictive app you can come up with. This is how we're going to infiltrate the United States. I wonder which happened first. I think you nailed it with the first one. Honestly, it reminds me of what they taught us in scriptwriting class back when I was doing that back in the day, that if you are trying to write a movie that moves people to believe something or other, it's never gonna get and people are never gonna watch it because it won't be entertaining. Make an entertaining movie, and if there's some messaging around the edge is fine. I don't think they would have come up with something so brilliant if it was in the hands of the military.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're right, you're right. That is almost certainly true.
Speaker 5: But here's here's what you need to know. And again we highly recommend Michael Pillsbury's book One hundred Year Marathon. One of the other aspects of it that's crazy interesting is that there are all these I can't remember the eighteen strategies, or I should remember it. It's around here somewhere, but ancient Chinese wisdom about warfare and strategy, and a lot of it has to do with not letting your opponent know you're at war with them until you have to. Masquerade is a friend, Masquerade is someone cooperating, perhaps a trade partner. Deception is to be respected and worshiped and sought.
Speaker 1: It's not me and cheating. How dare they?
Speaker 5: No, it's clever in the Chinese traditions, and that's exactly what's going on here. But that was a tangent. Go ahead, and then I'll make that say.
Speaker 4: How much of a win did she think it was? When the worst virus to hit the planet in a century leaks out of their lab and he observed that, Oh my god, in the United States, the president of the United States is stopping.
Speaker 1: People from claiming it was us. Isn't this awesome?
Speaker 4: He's yelling at Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook to make sure nobody says it was our fault.
Speaker 1: This is fantastic.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, she's in Pink's advisors are probably how did you, how did you manage this? A wise one, and he's like, yeah, I don't know. They're just doing it. They're weird anyway. So here's my main point, getting back to your excellent question about TikTok. They have a whole of society program to bring down the United States and achieve Chinese.
Speaker 1: Supremacy over the globe.
Speaker 5: It's absolutely well known whole of society, so I'm sure they have an entire bureau full of people that, like I don't know, scroll through newspapers or TV or social media or the financial papers and they go, let's see, we've got you know, Hijian Ping's flour mill that makes flour for baking bread. Is there anything we can do with that? Probably not. I don't see it as very promising. Okay, let's move on. We've got TikTok. It's a crazy popular short video platform that American kids love. Could we do anything with that? And obviously the answer was hell, yeah we can. Are you kidding?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 5: So it literally they go through banking, industry, trade, food, media, clothing, everything and they assess, how can we utilize this to affect our main goal, which is the usurpation of the United States, And TikTok is just a gold mine.
Speaker 4: And they're educating they're young people that China is fantastic in the savior of the world and the United States is evil. We're educating our young people that the United States is evil. Yeah, and anything that's not the United States is good. That's when they're paying attention to anything at all and not just watching videos until it's time to go to bed.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Right.
Speaker 5: And as they made clear in the Schweitzer piece that we cited extensively earlier, they understand that they need to be subtle about it. They need to tweak and move by inches not feet in yards in terms of changing young people's perceptions.
Speaker 1: But they're very, very good at it.
Speaker 5: And again, if you have one hundred year time frame, you have the patience to be subtle.
Speaker 4: But final word on TikTok for now. Anyway, I did not understand how this would work. You did because you've been reading about it, but I wasn't. I thought it was just going to like end on Sunday. It will be imperceivable when the dedline comes, right, you won't even be able to notice any difference for maybe quite some time. It'll still be on my phone and you'll still be watching videos. Yeah, that's the best understanding I've come to it that. Yeah, you just can't download the app anymore. And because of the nature of apps and the Internet. Change is absolutely inevitable, and at a certain point, the amount of change that has to do with how apps connect and they function and they process things, it will make it unusable. You know how often you update all your apps. There won't be an update for TikTok, right, so at some point it'll stop working, but it'll happen slowly. I was picturing more of a big giant off switch and TikTok goes off Sunday. But that's not how what's happening.
Speaker 5: And if I'm Chijin Pang, I've got my best and brightest saying, all right, how do we get it into the hands.
Speaker 1: Of the American youngsters? Anyway? What do we do?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Route do we go through? They're working on that like crazy.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and may have a good solution, I'll be darned. Senators were a lot more vocal behind the scenes, urging Joe Biden not to run. The news is out today, as we've predicted around now, people are going to start running to Mark Alprin had a great podcast yesterday, the four million dollar question. He was calling it, who are the first biggest people to turn and run to book publishers to have the book written about all the things that were going on? Is it common delicious? I mean, who is it going to be? Because there are going to be a bunch of people anyway. We got some of that. We'll get into an hour three and other stuff on the way Armstrong, Hetty.
Speaker 9: The counselor says they're taking a month off for emotional and mental safety? Was your city councilor at large? Two new end uses the pronouns they them. The counselor accuses the mayor and another counselor of referring to them in a way that does not reflect their gender identity. Now new When has filed a complaint with the city's Office of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion, and investigation is underway. Last night at the council meeting, new When said they didn't feel safe come into.
Speaker 1: The council floor. One of the counselors.
Speaker 9: Knew when accused, did issue a statement essentially saying that she referred to the counsel or in a way that was an honest mistake, and she apologized.
Speaker 4: That's a woman who says she was misgendered. I don't know which direction this is, but a person who says they were misgendered and now needs a month off to feel safe.
Speaker 5: We gotta stop me too, me too, I feel completely unsafe. Oh, we gotta see in February.
Speaker 4: We got to quit acting like mental illness as something to be coddled or described in any way other than your mentally ill. You might need a month off because you're mentally ill, maybe you need to be in a hospital or something like that. But you're mentally ill, paranoid, schizophrenic, or you're you're depressed or something, But you're like clinically diagnosably mentally ill is the thing. It's not you were misgendered and you need a month off. That's not the story. Yeah, we used to treat mental illness, not affirm it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, can you imagine what.
Speaker 4: Would you do that whole month? Get up a weekend. You'd get up and say, am I okay they called me a dude when I'm a chick or vice versa. All right, and I'm still honor right, I better go back to back.
Speaker 5: Actually, what's even funnier really is that they called him a dude when he is a dude.
Speaker 4: That was the crime. Oh well right, yeah, so but he presents as.
Speaker 1: A they them it right. Okay, So that's that story.
Speaker 4: Update you on another story that we had the drunken Southwest pilot.
Speaker 1: We now know more, but we heard what we did.
Speaker 4: Get a text from a pilot about the whole eight hours Bottle to throttle is the guideline. So eight hours between your last tip it a bottle in your mouth and when you're supposed to grab the throttle, bottle of throttle. I don't know if this guy did it or not. Let's find out. Clip twenty four Michael so I downloaded Red Note.
Speaker 10: And pilot David Allsop was taken into custody. The TSA says an officer contacted law enforcement reporting an individual in the crew screening lane who smelled of alcohol and appeared intoxicated.
Speaker 1: The flight was.
Speaker 10: Scheduled for a six oh five am take off to Chicago. According to the police report, Allsop was seated in the cockpit performing pre flight checks, the arresting officer saying he detected a strong odor of what seemed to be alcohol, adding Allsop claimed he last drank last night and had a few light beers. They conducted a sobriety test there on the jet bridge, an officer saying Allsop failed and refused a state mandated blood test. Federal regulations banned pilots from consuming alcohol within eight hours of a flight takeoff. Southwest Airlines tells ABC this pilot has been removed from duty.
Speaker 4: He is going through his pre flight checklist. Uh, do I have a vomit bag? Do I have a big greasy burger because I'm gonna need that.
Speaker 1: You get some snacks? I get some?
Speaker 4: Uh so, still still drunk from the night before is almost certainly what that is?
Speaker 1: Closed her down at two or later. And then.
Speaker 5: Yeah, man, you don't have the right stuff to fly for a major airline. Goodbye, good luck in your future endeavors.
Speaker 1: It's terrible. Yeah, the end of his career.
Speaker 5: But I met playing Chicago directly on Rush Street. Run into some bargain a double bourbon. Not in the party going. Who did the Were the passengers aware of this?
Speaker 4: I wonder if they were told. They probably just told there was an issue with the there's an issue with the crew, and we're going to have to Uh uh, I don't know, sit here for four hours and not tell you anything.
Speaker 5: Get backup crew in a bit of a scheduling staff who hope everybody's comfortable sitting here on the.
Speaker 1: Tarmac for hours.
Speaker 4: Pilot was drunk off his a and and so we're going to get you a new pilot. He was, He was torking his way down the rimp and hitting on all the stewardesses.
Speaker 1: And so we're gonna get a new pilot.
Speaker 5: Now, you have advocated in the past for a passenger vote before you turned back, and we've got a bit of a problem with the lavatory.
Speaker 4: To Oklahoma City on time. Bring him out here, I'll question him. I'll see if I think he's drunk enough to fly or not, because yeah, you don't want him to drunk drunk, but if he's just a little buzz he can fly the plane.
Speaker 5: Wait a minute, the co pilot's young, healthy and stone cold sober. I say we roll the dice. Let's tax. That is the way to do it. A passenger vote. I do want to return to the gender bending madness story about that city council person.
Speaker 1: There's a more serious side to that.
Speaker 5: Perhaps next hour more on the TikTok band decision.
Speaker 4: People are starting to talk about Joe Biden's mental state in a way they have not before.
Speaker 1: This is so freaking good. You got to stick around four hour three Armstrong and Getty