Speaker 1: Cutbooms.
Speaker 2: If you thought four hours a day, twelve hundred minutes a week was enough, think again. He's the last remnants of the old republic, a sol fashion of fairness. He treats crackheads in the ghetto gutter the same as the rich pill poppers in the penthouse.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: The Clearinghouse of Hot takes break free for something special. The Fifth Hour with Ben Maller starts right now.
Speaker 1: In the air everywhere. The Fifth Hour with Me, Ben Maller and Danny G. Radio. It is Sunday, and it's an NFL Sunday. We got two more games today, including a possible snow game. But before we get into this, Ohio al get me in the mood. It's all right, and we welcome in the Great Danny G Radio. Here for the mailback. Hello, Danny G. You have been missed, my man.
Speaker 3: You have Oh, hey, man, I would like you to know going into Sunday here, I am two and oh with my picks.
Speaker 1: You are you two and O? Are you sure? But you want to you want to give out your No.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what to believe, but we are here hanging out plausibly early on a Sunday with the Patriots and Detection. Still time to watch Benny Versus the Penny on YouTube Benny Vspenny.
Speaker 3: I clicked on it last week, by the way, and I like how it's evolved. You and Looney look a little smoother on those YouTube cameras.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, well, you know, we we've embraced it. We're more like mister Beast now or what's that I show speed or I speed something or I don't know.
Speaker 3: A very very broke mister Beast.
Speaker 1: Uh yeah, so he says he's he's broke.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Do you believe that?
Speaker 3: You believe I would say, and you guys are the broke version of him.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Mister Beest claims that he had no actual money, that all of his money is tied up in I forget what he said, but he claimed he doesn't have any actual.
Speaker 3: Fund Yeah, dude, I forgot about that story. But that's bs right.
Speaker 1: It's you'd think. I don't know. I am a big believer of the matrix theory that social media a lot of it's just bullshit, So I I don't I mean, it seems like he's very popular. I I went to the store the other day. I think I talked about it in a previous episode, but I saw, like I think it was mister beasts jerky, and I thought, well, boy, I'm sure a lot of people are buying that. They want that mister Beef's beef jerky or whatever mister Beast And I was like, I don't know, he's absolutely hornswoggled some people to get on board. So I assume that that's he's getting paid for that, right I would?
Speaker 3: I would think, yes, imagine having your own jerky, Like if you could have something right at the counter at seven eleven's, what would it be for product?
Speaker 1: Oh see, that's a good, good question. Mallard product, Mallard branding. How about like a Mallard peanut butter cup? You know, we could take down the Reese's peanut butter cup. We could take them down, and I think that would be solid. You want something right at the checkout stand people grab real quick. That would be that wouldn't be that?
Speaker 3: What would the about an energy drink? Mallard do Maward?
Speaker 1: What would Danny's product be? What would your Danny g product be?
Speaker 3: I'd go kind of in the beef jerky lane, but the slim gym.
Speaker 1: Oh slim Jim slim jim.
Speaker 3: Okay, oh dude, those slim gym those are a lifesaver. Like if you're on a road trip and there's you know, nowhere to stop. If you have a slim gym in the car, your money.
Speaker 1: Well, I could do mallar like a Mallard trail mix, but not healthy because I hate, you know, my anti raisin position racist. I have a very strong anti position, anti raisin position much I did. I'm part of the anti raisin caucus actually with anti ranch dressing the whole thing. So yeah, that was a political term the caucus, you know. Uh, and yeah, I'm against that. I was attracted to the giant metal cock. How dare you?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: I would support trail mix with like extra chocolate and now you get the peanuts in there, you mix some other nuts in there, but you have a lot a lot of unhealthy stuff. Make it, make it delicious. So we have actual mail from actual listeners on the Wonderful mail Bag. The first one up is Kwang our buddy in He claims Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, and he says Grande Ben and Daddy G Radio Duncan Donuts has posted the following due to a nationwide penny shortage. We kindly asked the guest pay with exact change when possible. If not, your change will be rounded up to the nearest nickel or dime in your favor. And he says, do you think that this will be a trend in other businesses as well? I have not seen this? Have you seen this? Nanny? I have, and I go to there's a lot of stores I have not seen, as most people pay with credit cards.
Speaker 3: I've seen one sign like this and it was inside the gas station right off my exit here at the one on one Freeway.
Speaker 1: Oh you have seen it, Okay, I've not. I go to a Costco, Walmart, the grocery store, a bunch of other random places, and I have not. I've not seen it. Well, that works out in your favor. Though, it works out in your favors, so you'd be you wouldn't be against it, right.
Speaker 3: That helps out the hobos. I think they had that sign up because you got some panhandlers out there by the freeway and they probably buy a lot of the candy bars with change.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well, if I had, like even if it was like let's say the candy bar was a dollar eleven, I would even if I had a penny, I'd be like, okay, I get an extra four cents. I would like the extra four cents. I'm good.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: That's how cheap I am. Alf Wrights and now Alf is our weather guy. He reports there will be some snow flurries today for the Patriots game. Wow, he gave me the Wulf. Is it the ALF Doppler two thousand? I think it is. He sent that in so. He also says, greetings and salutations, gentlemen. Shortly after the Malor meet and greet in Minnesota, I received a special delivery from the Land of ten Thousand Lakes. This delivery came in an envelope with a return address of the Great mensch Eke in Roseville, Minnesota, and was none other, he says, none other than the Mallar bumper sticker produced by Femi. I believe, I'm greg Yeah, f that's Femi made a bunch of those bumper stickers in Minnesota's great said bumper sticker. Grace has grace the back window of the ALF mobile ever since. Unfortunately, the car wash has recently claimed said bumper sticker. And I need an emergency Mallard monologue on the update status of the Mallor merch. What say you, I may need to reach out to the Mallard branding specialist, the great Broussard Knee Moving Company if things don't materialize suit. So al that has gone on, As we say in the business the back burner, we need to circle back. The plan was, and this is Danny, you appreciate this. I thought, boy, I'll get loaded, I'll get rich. I'm gonna have all this merch out for Christmas and Hanukah and people are gonna buy Malord merch and give it to their kids and their grandkids and all this shit. And never the deal fell apart. So I have not circled back, as they say in politics, to that, I do need to do that. There's a lot of layers to that. The merch game.
Speaker 3: At least you never tease people with it by taking orders because check this out really quick. So all football season for Covino and Rich, we've been giving away IOUs for turbo nerve footballs. Okay, and we've done NERF football giveaways before, but we thought I will spruce it up and do the turbo balls this time. I'm waiting weeks and weeks and weeks. This order is not arriving. I'm getting hit up email after email from the winners, like where is my where's my prize? At? Did you forget about me? The order finally arrives Ciris, who you know well at our building.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: He walks into the studio and he's like, Jenny, there's three big boxes upstairs for you. You need to go retrieve them. And I'm like, yes, the footballs are here. I get up there, Ben, I open up the first box. They sent many footballs, mini size.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you fired.
Speaker 3: It's turbo and the logos are right on it. But it's a tenth of the size of the football we're supposed to be giving away to the listeners.
Speaker 1: Oh no, what did you do?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I had to start all over. The good news is I get to keep those. Oh. The bad news is the winners had to wait another month.
Speaker 1: Gotcha? Yeah. I was thinking we would do that kind of setup though, where you have to because the problem I've done with merch in the past is you got to store it and before if you buy it, and then people pay for it when they want or buy it when they want, you know, if I have pre order. I think we'll do a pre order thing where you have to if you want something, you have to pre order, and we'll put limits on it. That way, it's limited edition, and it's also we just have a cutoff point. Otherwise you just keep stuff.
Speaker 3: That's one positive of having a mansion. There at the Mallard Mansion, you have twelve extra bedrooms. Is you use one of those extra guest rooms as your storage?
Speaker 1: Great idea, Ferg Doog rights in and force is this happy mint condition year, Ben and Danny G. It's way too late to say news, so I won't be doing that anymore. Okay, I see what you did there for dog Got How are you able to send these emails? I can't believe you have internet connection. It's so cold. I can't believe you're able to pull that off, He says. I know you hate bumper music, Ben, bumper music talk, but I'm surprised it goes all the way back nine years ago some caller wanted to compliment Danny G's bumps and you were not having it. I think the only thing that annoys you more than listeners caring about music on a sports radio show is shoddy editing from the interns, he says that, yeah, I had I had to melt down. I talked about a podcast this weekend. But yeah, I set up a whole monologue for a SoundBite, Danny, and then the hook on the sound bite was the pause. That was the hook, that was the story, the GM pause for the vikings, and the editor decided to take out the pause, which is.
Speaker 3: Which which normally that would be a good thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I was, Oh my god, I was like I was, I was really enhancing it. I was gonna build it up, you know, pause the hood. Anyway, anyways, yes, uh oh, I was just gonna say about the bumper music. I loved playing it on your show because not only did I get to play a great variety of genres of music for for the Mallard Militia, but that's when you were taking laps around the entire building. Yes, I used to do. Now what I do is I walk up and down that back hallway, which I know we're leaving that studio eventually and going somewhere else, which is gonna suck. But uh yeah, the uh, the the you know the hallway that goes back to Kiras's office. You know talking about the old Yeah. Yeah, So I walked back in a loop. I walked through the which is I guess the Cowherd La studio, and then I walk in a loop de loop. But I'm able to hear when I need to come back. Although I did get harmonized this week. Mike Harmon, the Great Mike Harmon was he was there recording his podcast and I saw him as I was taking the top of the hour. I think it was the top of the art. I don't know, one of the timeouts, and so I'm doing a walkie talkie with Harmon. Right, We're doing the walkie talkie and he kept going and and I was like, like two minutes late. I was a little late, but I blame I blame the gremlins. I blame the gremlins.
Speaker 3: Well, you didn't have it timed out back in the day when you took those big laps around the building. So I could play like Boston more than a feeling. And I got to play the intro, the first verse of the song, and then the hook would come in and then you came running through the door, and I'm like, yeah, I got to play a minute of that song.
Speaker 1: Well, not only that, but I occasionally, when I was walking around the building in beautiful Sherman Oaks, I would have great conversations with some of the vagrants in the neighborhood, which dragged me aside. It was a lot of fun. I had such great fun anyway. He says, also from nine years ago, apparently you got into trouble once for telling some kind of offensive Jewish joke racist. Have you been worn since then for saying anything offensive? And if you can remember what was the joke? Oh, yeah, it wasn't a joke. It was well, it was kind of a joke. We had a sponsor that was a bacon company. I will not say the name. It was bad, I remember this, Yeah, And the hook was blank Bacon's. You know. Looney would do the read and we would go back and forth and then and I said, blank Bacon's so good even the Jews like it, you know, which is of course a yeah. I felt like I was allowed to do that being a Jewish. I'm not a hardcore Jewish guy. I'm you know, casual whatever, And uh yeah, one one or two people got very upset and said that was offensive and the whole thing. So I got in some trouble. Oh with that, nobody's used the hard w nobody exactly. Nobody can take a joke. I mean, come on, can't we all to me some of the greatest comedies people you know, just goofing on that kind of you know, racial stuff or religious I think it's funny. I guess back when I was growing up there we had comedians that did that kind of stuff, and.
Speaker 3: It was in as long as they were eoe and everybody was fair game, it was great.
Speaker 1: Exactly exactly, so I didn't think that was a big deal. But whatever Scott from Florida Wrights and it says Ben and Danny, my two year old can't have any normal foods in his lunch because of all the people's allergies at preschool. Apparently there's one teacher who is deafly allergic to cinnamon, like it's in the air, she will have a near death experience. There's no way, right, Like, if that were the case, the lady would never step forward in a restaurant or a supermarket. Can I get a minute long mallor investigation analysis into the situation?
Speaker 3: Or a bakery bin or imagine her going inside a donut shop?
Speaker 1: Well, how about this, Danny. How about you fly into like Denver or Salt Lake and there's a cinabun. You know what I'm saying, Oh my God, to die, I'm about a cinnabut. So I did look it up here in my notes. It's estimated that well under one percent of the population is considered allergic to cinnamon. And they say that the sensitivity intolerance intolerance is much more common, or sensitivity rather affects a few percent more than that. But it's usually sensitive skin oral allergy syndrome, and true cinemonalogy is extremely rare, Like I said, less one percent and usually it's just skin or mouth related. Severe reactions are extremely uncommon. So I it's possible that you happen to find it teacher for your kid that is in the less than one percent. But I'm gonna go that. I don't think it's total bull pucky, but it's close to bullpucky. How about that, Danny, I don't know. That's a lot is conceivable. How lucky are you, though, Scott that you found the one teacher in America.
Speaker 3: That is alertic tokinnemy.
Speaker 1: That's great. I love I love cinnamon.
Speaker 3: Dan, I do too, man. I can't imagine that if I couldn't have that.
Speaker 1: Cinnamon is so good. Marcus in San Antonio writes it, says, Dear big Man and Danny G. In previous messages to the mail bag, I have mentioned growing up listening to a lot of sports talk and a lot of AM talk radio. God bless you, Marcus, with podcasts making your favorite broadcast or more available. I appreciate how much easier it is to find content that I prefer. With that being said, there are only so many episodes of the Ben Maler Show and the Weekend Podcast available, Marcus says, before I get stuck trying to find something else to entertain me, which I have found becomes more difficult on the weekends. And now the hook, Danny, We're about to get the hook, he says. Now the hook, he says. My question is if you were taking a multi hour trip in the Maladmobile, your cell phone was dead and you only had two sports talk shows to listen to on the weekend, would you prefer a a show hosted by three former NFL players or be a sports show hosted by two female radio personalities. Any guidance so suggest this is like a Sophie's choice here, any guidance or suggestions would be available. I usually tend to go with option C, which is a listen to music. He says, as always, thank you for the greatest show, but it loves Danny g Hi.
Speaker 3: Could I please steal this? I told you about that game I came up with for CNR called Brainwave. Yeah, I want to use this next Friday, and I'll ask the question, would you rather be stuck in a car listening to two female sports talk hosts? What was the other one?
Speaker 1: Or three professional for former athlete players?
Speaker 3: Well, that's great, and then I'll need a third one because I give three choices.
Speaker 1: What would the other option be?
Speaker 3: What would the other horrible one be? Like an eighty year old sports talk guy who used to be a legend thirty years ago, and he reads.
Speaker 1: Stats like Mike francessa radio, Well those are New York guy, one of them. They're both fro New York. So you wouldn't do that. You'd have to pick somebody from like Mike North. Are our buddy Mike North in Chicago? Oh, there's no question, but I love mine?
Speaker 3: Yeah? And North and Northey was great when he had a partner with him and producers. Remember I got to produce him after your show for a little while. Yeah, but on the days where Andy Furman couldn't make the show and Mike was by himself, oh my lord, and literally opened up the Chicago Tribune and read baseball box scores.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you some of it. I know we can talk about this on the potas So. When stephen A. Smith started as a talk showst is, some of his first shows were at Fox Sports Radio, and I've told the story before. He did a show with John Ireland as he was learning radio. Steven A right, radio is much harder than television. At that time, stephen A was just kind of starting his TV career at ESPN, but he was doing a radio show for US. He was still a columnist in Philadelphia, so he did a show with John Ireland on a I think it was Saturday morning. I believe it was Saturday morning. Anyway, I was doing updates. I was doing the overnight showing that I did updates after. So steven A he did the show from Philadelphia, was living in Philadelphia at the time, but every once in a while he would be in LA and I'd run into him.
Speaker 3: Whatever.
Speaker 1: So one time the Lakers were playing on Friday. I think they were like Salt Lake or Denver somewhere. Anyway, the flight got delayed so John couldn't make He didn't couldn't do the show. Oh no, yeah, So Stephen Stephen A was by himself and I heard a man literally drown on the radio. People don't realize the skill set. And I know we're not like fixing any ben.
Speaker 3: I think this is because guys like him and Northeast, they're really good at reacting to what other people set up. But when it's up to you to set it up and react, it does not work out well for guys that can't do both things.
Speaker 1: It is a difficult skill set, it is. And it's also when you work with someone too. It's also if you if you aren't on the same wavelength. That also is uh. You know, you a two man show. If you have somebody that's carrying their weight, that's great. But I've done shows with people sometimes who let's just say Danny, they they're not fully invested, you know what I mean, and it becomes different, that becomes a problem. So both people there's a it's like poetry in motion or audio, whatever. When you're when you're working together with somebody and they're really into it and you're going back and forth, it magical. You don't need anything else. But if you're working with someone and they're not into it, holy can I mean, Mike, it is, it is here, it really is. And would answer the question, Marcus, I I guess I would pick I guess I would pick the the athletes. It depends. I mean, there are some athletes that are okay. A lot of them though, don't know the formatics, and I mean, you know, i'd go option CE too. I'd probably just turn on some.
Speaker 3: Music, to be honest, turn on some and sometimes I just want to hear the athletes opinion on what's going on right now. I don't need to hear about what you saw in a game fifteen years ago when you were on the field. Yeah that's cool, that's cool once in a while. But I think some of the former athletes get too caught up in all that.
Speaker 1: One hundred percent. Yeah, they want to tell old war stories, which is fine, but yeah, it's like, you know, I want to.
Speaker 3: That would be like you coming on your Overnight show saying, you know, this reminds me of an overnight show I did back in two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: Yeah, exactly, people like who gives a shit on percundred percent? Keep it going on the mail bag here, Let's see what else we have. JT the Wingman from just outside Knoxville, Tennessee. He said he's from Wisconsin, though he says, as these seas and ended so terribly for my packers last week. JT says, it means that I have a little more free time in my life to contemplate other things. I have concluded that I feel like I'm missing out in a labeled society. Everyone has a label, or disability or a condition. I am choosing to become OCD. My first dilemma, JT says, is when I put on shoes and socks, must it be the right foot sock, then left, then left shoe followed by right shoe. I am so perplexed. So I'm seeking the advice and counsel of my favorite sports radio podcasters. Thanks for your helping this critical first world matter, your friend JT the Waingmen. Well, great question, So, Danny, any advice on how JT can be a proper OCD guy?
Speaker 3: Anything there? Now? I would say Ben I would lean on you for this because I feel like you're more OCD than I am.
Speaker 1: I'm I'm OCD is the right word. I am mechanical I am Is it more routine for you than creature of habit? Creature of habit? Okay, but when I put my shoes on, I don't. I probably do put them on the same way every time, but I don't notice it. It's not like I have to put the right shoe on or the left shoe first. It's not That's not something that I really worry about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I feel like the only thing where I'm a little OCD is the way I prepare for each day with like my backpacks and things I need for work. I'll set my things out in the same place. I make sure everything's in the same spot in my backpack, because you hate that feeling where something is not in the spot where it's supposed to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I'm OCD with my again, creature of habit, with my work, Like when I start getting ready for the show, like what I'm looking for, Like how the places I look for stuff to talk about that I think are interesting.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, your template always is the same, it's the information and that changes exactly.
Speaker 1: The information is different every day, and which is good because I imagine what a nightmare like we've I've done local, you've done local radio. You're talking about the same thing, like, oh my god, it's so great.
Speaker 3: Oh that's it's the ad for a little while. I got to work for LA Sports, so did you, And even just concentrating on the LA teams was hard.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it says. Some days there's not much going on, you know, there's not there's not too much happening, and so you're like, what are we, Like, what are we doing? Hank He says, he's on the Oregon Trail, He's in He's he's outside Portland. He says, hey, hey guys, you can now pay one million dollars to reserve a hotel stay.
Speaker 3: On the moon.
Speaker 1: He then sent a story here a tech startup is taking applications and fees up to one million dollars for those interested in being the first two vacation on the Danny. Does this not sound like one of the great scams of our time? Right? You're telling me within the next in your life, there's gonna be a hotel on the moon. This is bs right, There's no way like, what is anyone?
Speaker 3: Ben? My question is is it going to be a timeshare?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Exactly right. Yeah, that's that's insane. No, I mean, I guess the rich people are dumb, but come on, uh, Scott writes in from parts unknown, Scott, you got to put your name, dude. It's not that hard, okay.
Speaker 3: Ah my one eight hundred number now and I could get you out of any time share.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, even on the moon.
Speaker 3: Remember the name?
Speaker 1: Is this still around? Where you could name a star? That was another great you know?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah that's still around, is it really? Yeah? Maybe I named a star after you.
Speaker 1: Oh wow, that's wild. You know. How about this, Danny, I got a great idea. Here's a good hustle. All right, no one's listening, right, how about we do name a grain of sand. We're gonna name some sand in Maui after you right now. We'll get at your own little grain of sand right there.
Speaker 3: I have an idea. Let's start charging people for shout outs. Wait, wait a second, Oh how dare you?
Speaker 1: Scott?
Speaker 3: Scott cameo, how are you doing?
Speaker 1: I'm on there if you want, I'm on there. But I have a raised lition.
Speaker 3: You need to charge more. Ben charge more money quality over quantity.
Speaker 1: I agree with you. I should raise my price. In fact, I'll make a deal right now if you this is the last week today, Today is Sunday. So if you want a cameo at the same price it's at right now, you got to do it by Wednesday. Otherwise the price.
Speaker 3: Is going up. How about that I turn it here first.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, oh yeah, Scott, he says he Ben and Danny scientists are rethinking bamboo. They claim a powerful new super food. They say, bamboo shoots may. That's a weasel word, Scott, maybe far more than crunchy dish. A comprehensive review found they can help control blood sugar, support heart and gut health, and reduce inflammation. You know, Scott, you know what this means, Danny g This means we are going to get at fast food restaurants bamboo smoothies. We're gonna get those right, come on now, in the next couple of years. Because I'm convinced, and these conferences that these these quick service restaurants go to, they all it's all of a sudden, like chickens everywhere, right, chicken nuggets, chicken nuggies or whatever. Like certain foods. It's it's universal. They go to the same conferences, they get get pitched on these certain things.
Speaker 3: Right, Ben, let me give you my elevator pitch. All right, pasta a dry noodle in bags, make the noodles look like bamboo shoots, and then mix some of the bamboo in getting the health benefits, and we'll call it bamboozle noodle.
Speaker 1: I like it.
Speaker 3: I like it.
Speaker 1: Let's do it. How about Benny's babe. I'll put my name out.
Speaker 3: I think I just got kicked out of the elevator.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna I'm gonna I'm gonna remember this, Danny. I'm gonna file this one away, and I'm gonna see in the next couple of years do we get bamboo as a super food. And I'm gonna remember this email from Scott. Next up, I will do a couple more. The honorary mayor of Santa Fe, New Mexico, he does not say his name, says Ben and Danny, g did you see that Amazon is opening up a store to take down Walmart? A new big box Amazon stores opening up outside of Chicago, And he said, Orland Park. I think it's Oberland Park. I don't think Orland Park. I don't know. I've never heard oil over anyway. This is the honorable mayor, He says, who who you betting on? Between Amazon and Walmart? That's from the honorable mayor. I don't know. I'm gonna give the lean to Walmart. And here's why. That's all they have, right, Amazon does a little bit of everything. This is all Walmart has. This is it. They're the big box people. I know they have the online stuff, but I'm gonna go Walmart. And it doesn't matter. Like Danny, if they opened up an Amazon big box store down the street, you'd go there. If it was cheaper than Walmart. Whoever's cheaper, you're gonna go to. Right, whatever better has better deals, you're going to go to. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And if they had better lighting, that would attract me too.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I don't care about.
Speaker 3: My wife said, everybody looks like a pale zombie inside Walmart. That lighting is so awkward.
Speaker 1: This is justin They are pale zombies. The people that shop at Walmart are pale zombies. With It's a proven fact. Whatever last one from this jackass didn't sign his name either. Ben and Danny. According to scientists. Apparently the microplastic stuff is bull he says the S word. I guess I can say it's podcast bullshit. He says, our bodies may not be riddled with microplastics. After all, scientists now say research is not biologically plausible and a joke. All right, So this this is what science does, Danny. There's a story that comes out that says coffee's gonna even be good for you. You don't drink a lot of coffee, and then there's a story to kill you. So who do you believe? Who do you believe? Danny? What are you gonna do? Who are gonna believe? Who knows? So I don't know what do you do with this? I'd like to think that my body's not filled with microplastics. I'd like to think that everything kind of gets out there. Wouldn't there be a way to check that with the people that have unfortunately met their demise and are gone and the bodies, you know, do you go back to the earth, as we like to say, and wouldn't there still be plastic in there? Because there's microplastics. You'll be able to find microplastics, right, I would think, I don't go I mean dark.
Speaker 3: Throughout our lives, we hear stories like this, they have found this inside this And does it really ever change anything?
Speaker 1: No, No, it does not. Although I am fascinated and I'd love to go, we should about how about this for a hustle, Danny. You know that thing out in the Pacific with the plastics circling around out there in the Pacific, the great whatever, I forget what's called. I know the name, but I'm having a mental block where it's like a vortex of plastic out in the Pacific that's just circling around and stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: How about we take boat tours out there. We can take people out and say you can see the Great Plastic reef or whatever it's called.
Speaker 3: Talk about the garbage barge.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's like, yeah, I forget it has a name.
Speaker 3: The name of that?
Speaker 1: I am having a mental block. Guy, all right, Dan's gonna he's gonna do the Is it ai or we have we moved on from Google? Are you now aieing it is that?
Speaker 3: I am? Yeah, I'm gon use Alexa go old school?
Speaker 1: All right, let me see it.
Speaker 3: Can I what is the name of the thing out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean with plastic floating on top of it. Yeah, great Pacific garbage patch. There it is.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the great Pacific garbage patch. Can take people out to visit that and take this crazy how many microplastics are on that thing? Yeah, that's why there's aren't there critters and creatures in the ocean living on that.
Speaker 3: That's nasty. That's where you know what ben for anybody who hurts a kid, they should put them out there on that patch and make them rot out there. Okay, your time should be served out on the patch.
Speaker 1: Right in the middle of the Pacific circling around. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you murder someone, you go to the patch.
Speaker 1: You're done. That's it. It'd be like back in the day they sent people to Australia. Do you think they the people of Europe realized that Australia is beautiful when they sent them there, or they thought there was so many like weird animals they would die, they would be killed by the weird animals in Australia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm pretty sure they thought they would be eaten by rock.
Speaker 1: Yeah, surprise. All right, we'll get out on that. Danny. Enjoy the football today. It's good to have you back for Man, and we will see what happens today.
Speaker 3: You think you're Rams? Are you nervous about the Rams game at all into that weather.
Speaker 1: No, they're the better team. The better team should win. They should win the game. There's the choke factor by Stafford is pretty high. But I still believe the Rams will end up winning the game. It'll be ugly. I took the Bears plus the points. I think it'll be a field goal game. I don't trust Caleb Williams either. People must not have watched the first three quarters of that game last week Danny against the Packers, he didn't look very good at all, and then in the fourth quarter he went banana.
Speaker 3: So we'll see what They're very much a fourth quarter team, the same way you know the Bills were hoping they were a fourth quarter team.
Speaker 1: So who are you? Who are you today? Dany? Who do you a? You got the early game Houston and New England. I'm taking on Benny versus the Penny. I took the Texans.
Speaker 3: Who you got? Everybody's really high on the Texans defense. That's for good reason. But the one category they're lat their defense is dead last in stopping quarterbacks from running the ball. So if Drake may can pull the ball down when nothing's there and use his legs. Yeah, I think the Patriots eat this victory out.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm taking the I'm taking the Texans and then the Lake game, I'm taking the I'm taking the Bears plus the points Rams to win, Bears to Bears to cover the spread.
Speaker 3: What about you, Dandy, I took the Bears to cover.
Speaker 1: All right, have a great day, thank you. Will be back new podcast next week obviously, and of course we will have the radio show tonight.
Speaker 3: Dany'll be on tomorrow. Yes, Danny'll be on with the yea sure. We're going to do our usual schedule Monday through Friday. Stu Gotts is going to be right before us on Monday, by.
Speaker 1: The way, there you go. Good luck to him.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And it's two to four on the West Side, and that means in beautiful Chicago, Illinois, five to seven pm.
Speaker 1: There you go, enjoy.
Speaker 3: We're hopefully Ben's rams do not disappear into the winter. Eat.
Speaker 1: Oh no, they'll be fine. They'll be They got Sean McVay, Come on, who got a murder?
Speaker 3: I gotta go