Speaker 1: What's up everybody? Welcome to the podcast, thanks for being here. Special edition as we've done the last two or three four months. I've got a man with me by the way. Yeah, what's up? A good This is a special edition because it is live. We're recording this live, and as I'm sitting here, it is June the twenty first, twenty twenty four. This episode will release like normal on Monday. But the reason we're doing it partly the reason we're doing it is because it is a big Yege apparel summer launch. And so thank you guys for joining me live, and then thank you guys for joining me in the future. As you listen to this like a as a normal podcast, I'm going to answer your questions. I have a bunch of them cuted up here that you've already sent me. And to ask me a question, email me at podcast at grangersmith dot com. Podcast at grangersmith dot com is to email. You could do that now if you're listening, even if you're listening live, you could do that now, or you could just comment. If you're listening not live, then just email me and I go through these like we're just sitting in the cab of a truck and you and I are just having a conversation or around the campfire. I don't always have the right answers, but I'm gonna try to talk about this like we're friends. And so, Hey, Lourie, what's up from Ontario, Canada? Thanks for listening. Donita says, good morning, Granger and aunt man watching from western Arkansas. God bless you guys and your families, and you'll have an amazing day. You two don't need it. Wisconsin farmer says morning Granger. Ye yee, and I'm happy to see all of y'all on here. Hey, I've got my brothers, Tyler and Parker coming live from the EEE farm right now. This is the Yee Apparel Summer launch day. You guys just launched what twenty three minutes ago. How's it going, guys, It's gone great.
Speaker 2: We're busy here in the warehouse getting order shipped out.
Speaker 3: We're excited.
Speaker 2: I've been working on the stuff for a long time, so it's fun to see people's reactions and it's fun to put it in boxes and send it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is, man. I mean, I'll be honest, Tyler, I think you think the same thing, but I it's want sounded a little cheesy, But I got in bed last night and I was like, oh, got a little nervous. I was like, I'm excited for tomorrow, and I don't think I felt that little a little scared because I'm just excited that people are going to see what I think is one of the best apparel launches that we've done in the last decade. Is that too much? Am I overstating that? Tyler?
Speaker 4: You're not overstating yet. We're more in the trenches over here than you are. But you did text me and Parker and said this is my favorite or the products are amazing, like and you've never texted that's that before the other day. So curious to hear your thoughts on why.
Speaker 1: Well, First of all, I just I always want to show my gratitude, you know, either online or offline. I just want to show my gratitude to you guys, because all three of us as brothers, work for and with and we are eeee and at the same time, we all are in very different lanes, and so my lane is really the face, the outward facing image of the company doing you know, after midnight and the podcast and getting out and speaking, and of course the music and the smiths, and you guys are you know, more so in the designs, in the inner workings of how this stuff gets out, and Tyler, you're you're the guy that's looking to see what the world wants to wear. And both of you guys and me combined are all always aware of what this image is, which is faith freedom in the outdoors, which is what Yegee stands for. And so it's a it's a battle really to maintain faith freedom in the outdoors in twenty twenty four, especially in the month of June, when we're coming up against you know, a lot of battles that the world wants to fight. And Parker, you said something as we did a live at ye Apparel a couple of days ago. You said something that really affected me and I hope that you could repeat it now. But you said at the remember what you said when we ended the podcast was that yesterday? Remember what you said, Say it again for my listeners.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I said, the summer launch is releasing. We're super excited about it. But if money's tight right now, and then we totally understand. Tyler and I keep in contact with a lot of our customers and ye nation, we have a pulse on things. I know people are out there struggling right now. It's not easy. It's an election year, there's a lot going on. So money is tight, then don't even think twice about it.
Speaker 3: You just don't buy anything.
Speaker 2: Take care of you and your family and just enjoy EE through our other outlets that we have, enjoy the podcast, Enjoys Socials.
Speaker 1: And man, that's I looked at you when we cut the camera at that at EE Apparels Podcast. I looked at you and I was like, man, who says that isn't as an apparel company CEO who leaves everybody with the thought, Hey, we're so excited about this launch, but if you don't have the money right now and money's tight, take care of your family. We understand. It's like wow, it's amazing, And there's so much freedom in us to be able to say that out loud, because there's a pressure where we need to like, oh, we need to we have to do this. We got to pay the bills, we got to make sure that this launch performs well. Instead we just we let it go and we go, Hey, we understand, if money's tight, don't buy a single thing. Take care of your family. That's that's horrible advertising from a marketing standpoint, but I think it's just really good honesty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we do launches every month, and so like, if you're buying from us every single month, like that's a lot of money. And so I totally get And you only need to shirt every so often, but hopefully whenever you need a new shirt or a new hat, you'll get one from us. And we try to make it the best possible quality we can, with the coolest designs, with the top designers, and hopefully it'll last year a long time and then when it wears out, we'll be around whenever you need another one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's right. And yeah, the quality on a lot of these T shirts and that Jersey Tyler's wearing these hats, the qualities just step up from what we did were doing last year and the year before. So yeah, super excited. I know you guys are busy, So I'm gonna let you go twenty eight minutes now into the EEE Apparel summer launch. Go to yeye dot com for everything. If you're listening live, I would go there quickly because a lot of stuff, the popular things tend to sell out quickly, and if you're listening later then there's probably there's probably enough to get you by so yeye dot com is where you need to go. Oh, Tyler's holding up. Eight. This is a last minute edition, didn't it.
Speaker 2: We didn't think it was gonna come in time. But we got our bandanas in literally the day before the launch. So yeah, that's a fun little edition. We've never done bandanas before.
Speaker 1: Yeah, those are in. They're super soft. I felt them yesterday. That's cool. All right, guys, I'll let you go. We're gonna get to some questions here. Appreciate you, love you, see you guys, Ye, say get some risk. All right, We're gonna answer some questions. Aun't you with me? Still?
Speaker 3: Yes, sir?
Speaker 1: Yes, sir? What's your time? We're sitting at sitting at eleven fifty since we start? Okay, cool, all right, this question is gonna come from Tyler and not my brother, says hey Granger. My wife twenty six and I twenty seven right now are considering IVF. We have been trying for almost a year to conceive and have recently found out that I, U, I or IVF. Maybe you're only not option due to some medical issues. We attend an SBC church and regularly serve in the worship ministry. I am worried that we might be pushed out of our church were we to where we have grown deep relationships with the pastor and other partitioners. Given the Southern Baptist Convention's recent vote to oppose IVF, I'm interested to hear your thoughts on this, giving your experience with IVF and your connection to the SBC. God bless Tyler, Arkansas. Hey Tyler, thanks for the question, man. It's a great one, and it's this is a fresh wound that the band aid has just come off of with the SBC as they have voted. It was just as I'm reading this, it's only two weeks ago that the Southern Baptist Convention voted against the approval or the endorsement of IVF and IVF in mutual fertilization comes really with two camps, and this is the argument at the SBC. There's two camps of opposition of IVF. One is the people that say IVF is okay, as long as you don't make as long as you I'll put it this way, as long as you don't leave embryos extra. That's the most non medical way I could say it. And then the other way is don't do it at all. It shouldn't be done. It's immoral. So I am a Southern Baptist seminarian. So yes, I am closely tied with the SBC. I go to SBC's church. I'm an SBC seminarian. I'm friends. I'm actually friends with the two leading advocates against IVF. I'm friends with those guys. They're both professors at at Southern. So on top of that, we have a beautiful baby boy downstairs right now, he's almost three, who is an IVF baby. Let me, I need to I need to walk through some a couple of things. This will probably take a whole podcast if I did. But I understand where you're coming from, Tyler, very much. I walked in your shoes. And to be honest, I also understand the sentiment of the SPC. I think IVF can be it can't be a dangerous thing. There are a lot of embryos that are that are left over. I think there's hundreds of thousands, maybe millions. Don't quote me on that, but there's hundreds of thousands of believe embryos that have been left over that were conceived but not implanted or transferred, I think is the right word. And what do you what do we do with this? This is a moral dilemma and we can't be irresponsible with this. When we were going through this ourselves. If I wrote the book Like a River, I had a had a really emotional moment with if in a discussion with Lincoln, my son. That's in the book Like a River. It's the tree conversation. If you remember, Daddy, does God make all the trees and man make some of the trees. It was that conversation. So if you haven't read Like a River, Tyler, check that out. And then Amber and I decided we were convicted that we felt like this may be wrong, and so we decided that we would implant every single embryo we had, and as it turned out, all of them died, including a miscarriage, leaving us all the way just down to just one last one and it ended up being Maverick. Now that's my story, and that doesn't make IVF right just because I did it. And it also, even if it is wrong, it doesn't make Maverick wrong because God uses he always has used sin and for his own glory, for his own good, he's done. There's countless stories about that. So it's never the baby's fault. Certainly not Maverick's fault, and Mavericks certainly not an accident or but but just because Mavericks exists, and he's beautiful, and he's loved, and he's purposed, and he's he is in the image of God. Just because of all all that. There also co exists another idea that maybe Amber and I were wrong in considering IVF. You could tell that I have have struggled over the years with it, and if we were going to do it all over again, I don't think we would do IVF. And that's not because all can now because now the SBC is voting against it, et cetera, et cetera. It's not because of that. I just believe as we've been sanctified as Christians more and more, I think it becomes more problematic. Why because look at the fruit of IVF clinics. Hey, we we've getten we get emails from the clinic that Maverick was conceived in those aren't they aren't good emails that we get? And what they're promoting. What are they The emails we get from the clinic where MAV came from aren't God honoring emails. They aren't God glorifying emails. You give them my drift what they're promoting and what they're using IVA for and what they're endorsing because they they have IVA of what they're what they're saying that they can do. It's not It's not a couple like Tyler Sure from Arkansas saying we've struggled and we're we've been we go to church and we've been praying and we trying to conceive a baby. That's not what these clinics are promoting.
Speaker 3: So is the should the reform be on no pun intended? I promise.
Speaker 5: Is it throwing the baby out with the bathwater to say no IVF at all?
Speaker 3: Or is it saying the way IVF is done right now is wrong. You said you used all three embryos.
Speaker 1: Well we did, and there was also there were seven more that died before we even got a chance to use them. I just think in hindsight we look back on it and we go, hey, I don't think we are quite as sanctified as we are now in this situation. I don't think. I don't think we would have done it the same. That doesn't make me regret doing it or regret Maverick, of course not. But will I now stand forward and endorse it and actually go against my colleagues in the SBC. I don't think so. I think the men and women that have prayed over this and studied this for a long time, I don't think they're wrong in thinking, Hey, we need to hit the brakes on this, We need to think about this because the implications of the future. Where's this going? What are the fruits of this? And I'll tell you what the fruits are. I see, I see the emails, I see their their Instagram page and what they're promoting, and it's awful.
Speaker 3: Stuff, unbelievable.
Speaker 5: That's why you know this this could be well, probably should be a bunch of longer conversations. It's a longer conversation with other people, people who have been effected on both sides of it.
Speaker 1: I hate to give you the answer, Tyler that you don't want to hear, but adoption is a beautiful thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for sure.
Speaker 1: Adoption is a for sure, beautiful, beautiful thing. And there's so many babies that need a home, and you're saying how great or how could you say that when you you did the opposite. Well, maybe Amber and I need to adopt to We'll leave it there. Next question, do we have another time for another one right now? Twenty? Yeah, let's hit another one.
Speaker 3: Try about this and hit some comments.
Speaker 1: Cool, let's hit the comments and then we can get another to break.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we got break. I've got a couple here.
Speaker 1: Like that, yege pearl mug right there? Look at that, friends, new the coffee mug just came out today at the launch.
Speaker 5: This is the epitome of product placement today, both of us wearing the city.
Speaker 3: Okay, here you go.
Speaker 1: A question from you guys doing a podcast tour. Yes, we were just talking about. I just told ant Man right before we started this, I said, Hey, once we get enough reps doing this live podcast thing, then we should we should have all the kinks worked out by the time we actually take a tour and do this.
Speaker 3: Hope.
Speaker 1: So that's that's the hope.
Speaker 3: That's a good one too.
Speaker 1: Chris says, Hey Granger, this is straight from the live right here, I'm reading, Hey, hey Granger, getting ready to close on a house soon I'll be it'll be my wife and I was first home together. Any advice on two newly married twenty four year olds in life and being first time home buyers, congratulates, man, that's big, that's big, that's huge. Twenty four is young and you've got a lot of life ahead of you. I would say, I would say, hold it with open hands, don't hold that house too tightly, don't worry about that house, don't make that house you're idole. Don't don't obsess over that house, because bad things are gonna happen to it, like things are gonna break, pipes are gonna burst, You're gonna get you know, fence is gonna get knocked down on a high wind. You're gonna you're gonna get stains on the carpet. I would just say, live it, live in it, live with it. And it's not a permanent house. It's not a forever home, and so enjoy it, make the most out of it, and one day, for willing, five, six, ten years, you'll be moving in another house because you can need some more bedrooms'd be cool.
Speaker 3: Let's take a break. YEP.
Speaker 6: A long time ago, when I started rangersmith dot com, I had no idea that I was actually gonna be apparel, and then years later my brothers and I come.
Speaker 1: Up with EE Apparel.
Speaker 6: It started in twenty eleven, and we were so confused on how to sell things online and how to grower online store. In fact, we wanted to be creative and we didn't want to be all technical, and that's where we found Shopify.
Speaker 1: Shopify is the global.
Speaker 6: Commerce platform that helps you sell at every stage of your business.
Speaker 1: From the very beginning we don't know what to do stage to hey, I think we're doing really well stage. It doesn't matter.
Speaker 6: All in between.
Speaker 1: Shopify is there to help here.
Speaker 6: It doesn't matter if you're selling I don't know, scented soap or ee apparel. Shopify is there with everything you might be able to sell, from their all in one e commerce platform to their in person POS system. Wherever or whatever you're selling, Shopify is the one that's got you covered. They helped turn your browsers into buyers with the internet's best converting checkout that's thirty six percent better on average compared to all the other leading commerce platforms. You could also sell more with less effort thanks to shopify Magic, your AI powered all Star Mean.
Speaker 1: Parker, my brother, Tyler, my little brother.
Speaker 6: We still use Shopify to this day at ee dot com. Every purchase you make at eed dot com goes through the power of.
Speaker 1: Shopify so that you could.
Speaker 6: Have an easy checkout. It's not just us, so many across the world used Shopify, including one hundred and seventy five countries with millions of entrepreneurs. Shopify's award winning help is there to support your success every step of the way. Because businesses that grow grow with Shopify. Sign up for a one dollar per month trial period at shopify dot com slash granger all lowercase. Go to shopify dot com slash granger right now to grow your business no matter what stage you're in shopify dot com slash granger and don't forget you could always get a hold of me, get a video message from me from my phone saying whatever you need me to say in my video to you, to whoever you want it to be, Happy anniversary, happy birthday, whatever that might be. You can go to cameo dot com slash granger Smith, cameo dot com slash granger Smith and tell me what to say to.
Speaker 1: Whoever you want me to say it to and I'll shoot you a message. Next question comes from Glenn. It says the Cowboy church I attend and support has for a long time had five minute teachings every Sunday morning on biblical giving. The teaching about giving is more than just about money and includes Biblical teaching of giving one's self first, and that the giving of tides and offerings is a reflection of giving oneself first. The teaching is then followed by those to come forward and place their offering in a bucket and then prayed over. When I started going to this church, it was already an established part of the service. I am the person asked by the pastor to do this teaching. Nearly everyone does it without question or complaint. But there is one individual who has personally disagreed with the public display of giving tithes and offerings because it might offend or compel someone to come forward in order to remain in conspicuous, and they have made it known to the pastor, but not personally to me. My question is, do you see anything wrong with giving tides and offerings and a public display of coming forward as opposed to passing the offering plate. I'd love to hear your answer. Sincerely in Christ, Glenn Tate. Glenn, thank you for the question. It's an interesting one. Do I see anything wrong? Let me see? How about how about Matthew six's three four? But when you give, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving may be in secret and your father, who sees you in secret, will reward you. There's that. Yeah, I'd be cautious about this. I'd be cautious really in the tone of this, because because we're kind of we're kind of thinking that this person, this one person is crazy and they're actually this one person is actually biblical?
Speaker 3: Is the one biblical?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds like and we're kind of looking at this one.
Speaker 3: Look.
Speaker 1: I don't think there's anything necessarily wrong with people wanting to get up and give in public. That people are just gonna do that. But I think what's wrong is saying that this is the way we do it, and if you disagree with it, you're strange. That's kind of what this email sounds like.
Speaker 3: Yeah, is that what you feel?
Speaker 5: Yeah, it is is the hope that because I see someone else, is this what they're thinking. If the rest of the congregation sees this many people giving, they'll be encouraged to.
Speaker 1: Give to I think that's what they're thinking.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: Marshall said something when he was on here earlier that I loved a couple of weeks ago, said that him and the elders of the church they don't even know who gives. They don't look and they're not allowed to see the names. Because you have the danger as a pastor of it creating favoritism. It does, for sure, even if you're as solid as a rock. It's really hard not to think, but this person gives the most of the congregation, it's really hard not to give them extra favor or to do what they are suggesting. It's very difficult. So to protect yourself against that you don't know. And when you have a public display like that, everyone's getting up, you know, you know the pastor sees it, everyone sees it. So yeah, I would speak against this. I know cowboy churches do stuff like this. I know that even passing the offering plate is starting to become less and less at a mais, we don't do it. We're not as old school and so we don't do it at all. It's only online.
Speaker 5: How about that see, we do both, but it's also kind of become tailored, like they'll they'll come up to the edge of your row and just kind of look conceive if anybody because you know, people will hold it up or whatever, and then they'll pass the plate down.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't just automatically go by you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're it used to and there's nothing wrong with that. Every church I've ever known has done that. And and may as we have a box in the back, so if like here, you don't do online banking or whatever, then you could put you could put it.
Speaker 3: In you want to throw a twenty in.
Speaker 1: But I think for that person that throws a twenty in the box without anyone seeing, it's blessed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, agreed, I mean it's biblical agreed.
Speaker 1: So yeah, back to.
Speaker 5: Your point that you're saying that Marshall said is that I've seen it in action before. Of they'll carefully consider what someone who has who said something or asked to do something, they'll think of them and consider it differently because they know, man, if we don't do that and they get mad, that's a big chunk of money that leaves our church.
Speaker 3: That's their thought process. I've seen it happen inactionable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so dangerous man.
Speaker 3: Good.
Speaker 1: Next question comes from Jaden Hey Grangeer. First, I want to thank you for the virtual meet and greet back in April twenty twenty A while anyway, My question is do I let my girlfriend know that I want to propose without actually telling her? Or do I just not tell her and just do it? That's a very simple question.
Speaker 3: How would you like to be proposed to? Sweetheart?
Speaker 1: That Jay not two parts of that question one one part says, hey, man, you know you got to make sure that she actually is agreeing that she wants to get married to.
Speaker 3: You know, that's a good conversation.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a conversation where you just say you tell her in some kind of form. Surely you have, Hey, I one of these days I want to get married and I love you, and you're you're exactly the kind of girl I want to marry. So you're kind of building it up without saying will you marry me? And you wait for her reaction because if she says, oh, I didn't know where going this fast, then there's a problem. And if she goes me too, you're the kind of guy that I would love to marry and then and then you kind of move on, but you just store that away that Okay, this is good, this is good. You're planning seeds, and you have the conversations about children and about her faith and things like that, things that are unreconcilable once you are married. If she's you get married and you're you're expecting four kids and she wants none, that's a question in a conversation you probably should have had before you're even engaged. If you have a strong faith and she doesn't at all, it's a conversation you probably should have had or vice versa before you even get engaged. If all that's taken care of, then you go to the second part of my answer. The second part of my answer is, Man, I just think surprises are better.
Speaker 5: Yeah, but I don't think that I've ever met a girl that I had that, and not necessarily a girl I was dating, but just a girl in general that was dating someone that didn't make their intentions known before the guy did, Hey we're getting married, right, you know almost that absolutely, Here's what I would wear, Here's the house that I would want, Here's how many kid I mean that seems to always have been up front in most relationships. Yeah, and if you're not having that conversation, that might be the first.
Speaker 1: And once you're there, then I think a surprise is good.
Speaker 3: Bingo, surprise her.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, do something neat not something. Also, here's here's a tip. I think, not something you think it's a great proposal. That's something she would think. It's a great proposal. Like if you love football and she doesn't, don't propose it the halftime of your favorite football game on the jumbo tron. You know, if she loves football, okay, cool. If she loves you know, the beach, take her to the beach and do it there, even though you don't like it. It's about her, you know, you know, do do what you think would be great for her.
Speaker 3: To be careful not to drop the ring in the sand.
Speaker 1: Don't drop the ring in the sand.
Speaker 3: Y'all got some questions here on comments you want to do it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I say it.
Speaker 3: Here's one.
Speaker 1: Lindsay says, Hi, when is your new song coming out? And are you going to release it? I love the new intro. I don't know, Lindsay, thanks for asking.
Speaker 3: Explain what she's talking about.
Speaker 1: So the smiths Our Family vlog I have a new song that came out in the intro, the brand new intro of the Smiths, and so, uh, just live with it, lindsay, you might not even like it after you listen to it enough times, you might not even want the full version. But if you do, all think about how to release it. Mason says, how are we going to buy yee Ye today? I wasn't gonna buy ye ye today, but watching y'all in the new gear is making me rethink that maybe I'll just rewind and listen to the part about saving money. Yeah. Maybe, so, Mason, I don't know this, do you see that? No? Stephanie said, all the mugs are amazing. I definitely want the insulin munths. They work so great.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this one that said that mug is already sold out?
Speaker 1: Is it really? Yeah? I haven't been paying attention.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. Great one.
Speaker 1: And thank you for always being real honest and my brother in Christ, thank you, Emily.
Speaker 5: And then you talked about this one the last on the last live that we did about a month ago.
Speaker 1: Well, the live album and DVD be coming soon, so Adam, it is officially finished. The live almost a few last weeks copyright stuff. For instance, America started with a beat from the movie Top Guns. Found out way to take that out so that But yes, the live album is finished. I'm very happy with it. It's going to release probably in the fall. And the documentary to go with it is not finished, but it's a work in progress and we plan on packaging both of those together. Cool. I going to go back to the question here, back to the email podcast at grangersmith dot com if you want to hit me up, and the question from Cody says, Hi, granger recently met a guy who is so bright and caring and giving. We met riding motorcycles and have rode together other almost every day since. He caught feelings for me, and it wasn't It was already breaking my heart to tell him that I don't like him too, But now everything is caving in on him, and I don't know how to love him without hurting him more by giving him hope of a relationship. His family is Messy's sister in prison, to autistic brothers, threatening grandpa, irresponsible parents, an uncle who died in a motorcycle crash right after we met, an injured aunt from the same crash, and an uncle who raped his knees. He's twenty five and taking custody of his knees to protect her. And he has already held custody of his nephew since he was eighteen. He beat thyroid cancer two years ago, and he's coming back right now, just as strong. He's in pain. He's depressed. He's selling all of his bikes that we have been and which have been his only outlet and escape from everything he's got going on. He's acting like he's giving up. He met me three weeks ago and he wants to give his He wants to give me his favorite bike, and I can't even like him back. Three of his biker friends crashed this week alone, and he is there for every single one of them. Though he is suffering, he is trying to go to church and have faith, even though he hasn't for a few years. I know sin is why there is suffering, but God didn't cause it. But he can't stop it. God, Why are there people like me who have such an easy life when he is going through hell every day. I am undeserving and bitter, but get to be healthy and okay when he is loving and in so much pain? How is that fair. Okay, what an email Cody? Okay, indeed, that's deep. There's two different answers that come right to my mind right away. One, you're not responsible for this guy. You've known him for three weeks. You're not responsible for his happiness. There's nothing you could do to make him happy, and there's no decision you could make, there's no agreeent that you can make to make him You're not responsible for his happiness. I'm not responsible for Amber's happiness. You're not responsible for Ashley's happiness. Ant man that this is a misconception that we as humans are responsible for other people's happiness, and you are saying that about this guy that you just met three weeks ago, who's got his life is falling apart. That doesn't mean you can't love him and encourage him and be there for him and be a friend and listen to him and share time with him. It doesn't mean all that. It just means that you can't be responsible for his happiness, especially if you don't like him in a romantic way, so that you might violate that just to make him happy. That's wrong. That's the first part of my answer. My second part says, I want you know where I want to go. I want to go to this part that says, I know that there is I know that sin is why he's suffering, and God didn't cause it, but can't he stop it? And then my mind goes, Okay, Isaiah forty five might disagree with you, Cody. It says Isaiah forty five six and seven says, I am the Lord, and there is no other. I form light and create darkness. I make well being and create calamity. I am the Lord who does all these things. That is much different than a God who says I didn't cause it and I don't know if I could stop it. In fact, that's not a God at.
Speaker 3: All, not a very big one anyway.
Speaker 1: That's just that's an idle god, lowercase gees that we have created for our own comfort, so that so that we could be comfortable in our little lives, knowing that we are stuck in our lives. And it's definitely not fair. It's not my fault and it's not fair. That's what we want to say all the time. Yeah, And to that is always the Gospel is always the Cross of Christ glaring back at this unfairness that says all of us are sinned. None of us are good, No, not one. All of us have rejected God and the world that was made that was good. In our rebellion, in our sin, he made a way to reconcile us, to forgive us of our sins. And it's not by anything we could do. Instead, it's with his son that he sent to die for us, to be the substitute to take, to be the replacement for the punishment that we deserved. Christ takes that on himself, in his body on the cross and says, whoever looks at me and believes in this final sacrifice, this ultimate sacrifice, you will be forgiven, not in anything you've done, but what have I done. That's where fairness comes from. That's where the judgment is satisfied. And then you go, how is that fair? Is Christ dying on the cross? Is the man, the God Man, the perfect one, scent, sinless, without without flaw, without fault, that lives the perfect life, and he goes and we murder him? Is that fair? That's where That's where, That's where this all gets mixed up here. So Cody, I think that's all I have to say. Where do you got to end?
Speaker 5: Got a few more comments from uh from the life. Love doing this and love seeing your comments in the moment too, and love those. So back to the last email, you got to come in here so.
Speaker 1: Jenna says, I so love your broadcast. As as my guy introduced you to me. We are happy and I could see him as my future as well. We listen to you together. Blessings to you always and your family, Peace of love. Thank you so much. Janis Rachel says, are you still coming to Raleigh to preach next month? Yeah? I haven't canceled it. Yeah I'm coming, and it says good morning and happy Friday to everyone from Santa Domingo, Dominican Republic. Thank you Anna so much. I know you listen quite a bit, so it's always an honor to have you.
Speaker 3: Here's the here's a question for you.
Speaker 1: And she says, I'm forty two and I want to know your advice from about meeting godly men. Well, if I was, Anna says, what's your advice about meeting godly men? And let me reframe the question, grangeur, what's your advice in catching large mouth bass? I'd say go to a go to a good polly with some low hanging brush that has plenty of bait. Fish go during spawning season. That's where you're gonna find the biggest ones and know what to throw. And so for you, you want to know what kind of lure a godly man is going to want a godly woman, So be a godly woman, be the kind of woman that a godly man would be attracted to. That's a great that's a great goal.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: And then you got to go to the pond. And so I would go to a good, solid Bible teaching church. That's where you're gonna find godly men. And that's when you're gonna throw a godly lure. And that is with a godly woman.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, the only thing only difference is you're the lure. But you have to be real and he can't be fake.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you gotta be a live meno exactly.
Speaker 3: So does that help you at all?
Speaker 5: If equated dating fishing, that's what you get on there.
Speaker 1: It's either dating to fishing, or it's either fishing or football or the two analogies I go to all the time.
Speaker 3: That time you want to do one more email.
Speaker 1: Yep, I only have two lefts. So yeah, one more would be good. Kristin says, hello from Orlando. Women as pastors. Wow here, man, we're just hitting them all, aren't we. You did this to me, man, you did get over there laughing. Women as pastors seem to be a controversy with churches. I don't understand why. Is the Bible is very clear. I do not attend I do not attend my church because of this comments. Thank you and blessings, Kristin. Hey, Kristin, I agree with you. I believe the Bible is is very clear that the the biblical eldership leadership in a church is for men. I am a complementarian, meaning that when men and women have very both of us, very important and very distinct roles that we need to carry out in the church, and when when those distinct roles are blurred, trouble begins in the church. I think we see this. I think there's no doubt that we see the the result of either way. I'm not an egalitarian, meaning men and women are equal in every way and and and that's not my opinion, Like we have to get that clear too. That's that's not just what my heart says or my gut says, or what you know what I want to be. That's just what the Bible says, and so believe it. And then I see the from it acted out correctly, and I go, oh wow, that's women are so much better when they're following the Biblical standard. Men are so much better when they're following the Biblical standard. Kids are so much better when they're following the Biblical standard. And it's the marriages are so much better when they're following the Biblical standard. Grief is so much more hopeful when following the Biblical standard. I could just go on and on and on, but all the attributes and characteristics and identities of people and our feelings and our emotions are just better when carried out according to the Biblical standard. And so I don't want to break apart from that because it hurts if we do it, it doesn't work right, and it creates struggle and strife, and so yes, so Christen. The one thing I want to say in your email that I don't like about your email is that you said I do not attend my church because of this. I would say, then it's not your church, find you one. There's so many in fact, in order, my buddy, Caleb Brasher has a great church there called the Grove, and please please, I'm gonna look it up right now. But if I was in Orlando, I would definitely go to the Grove. I'm looking them up right now. It is. It is in Claremount, so I'll give you the address. It's four to sixty West Montrose Street, Claremont, Florida three four seven one five. The pastor has Caleb Brasher. It's called the Grove, and it's just uh, it's it's a great complementary in church.
Speaker 5: You have that question a lot about you know, where do I find a great church? And you've talked about it before of who they can email.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we could still haven't done it in a little bit, but it's it's Take and Read podcast at gmail dot com. Take and Read podcast at gmail dot com. Yeah, that's uh, that's pastor Chad hopefully can help you with that. So what are we doing on time? We're good, We like that's it. Okay, Hey guys, we love you and I'm so glad you're you're tuning in now with me live and I'm so glad you're you're listening later if when you see this released on Monday. But I sure appreciate y'all and you just make things your your questions just make me so encouraged. So love you guys. See you next Monday.