Speaker 1: Welcome in everybody to Fantasy Pros. This is the Fantasy Football Podcast. It is me Joey p Joe pis Apia, and today we're gonna have some fun.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: There's some big names on the free agent NFL wire and the boys here today are gonna make some bold predictions of where they might land. No tampering is going on. I just want everybody to know, please keep all of your legalies to yourselves, don't hire lawyers, don't send anybody at us, because we're just having fun here and I'm gonna decide which one of the landing spots the guys choose is better for these athletes. And of course, speaking of big names, Pat fitz Morris is with us Andrew Erickson is with us today to break the names down where the landing spots might be. And gentlemen, it is great to see you as always, Pat fitz Morris, you and I did not go to the NFL Combine, So what did you do? What was your NFL Combine watch experience like? Was it on the couch? Was it at a local watering hole? What was the Pat fitz Morris experience of the combine?
Speaker 3: It was on the couch all day Saturday. My wife was for warm that I was going to be completely inert on Saturday, so it was me on the couch with my dog on the ottoman in front of me. So yeah, it was a very I was pretty immobilized on Saturday. Joe just put it that way.
Speaker 1: Well, inert was a great I mean again, you come for the football, you stay for the vokeeb here on the program Andrew ericson. Obviously that was not your experience. What was it like bunking with Debro though for three straight days? That's the real question.
Speaker 2: It was a lot of fun. It was a good time. I will say, though, I hate Debro's ring tone on his phone. It's this NFL jingle and I don't know why he has it as his ring tone, but it is super annoying. And I told him multiple times, this is the worst ringtone you could posibly have. You could just have the default Apple alarm, That's what he should do, but instead it's this NFL jingle jingle like.
Speaker 1: The CBS or the NBC ones, like for Sunday Night Football or like Fox.
Speaker 2: I've tried to, I've tried to remove it from my brain. I can't for you. Maybe it's that it's definitely not the draft one where it's like or even the pick is in that that draft. That's the way you said. Believe. Yeah, But like I said, I tried to remove it from Well.
Speaker 1: Now I'm gonna call Derek Brown when you guys are over my house just from the other room, just to just to piss you off. All right, let's get to the names here on the list and have some fun here. Again, make sure you subscribe to the channel here this year, our goal is to get the three hundred thousand subscribers, and of course we've got amazing NFL content going on for the draft for Dynasty, tons of Dynasty shows coming at you right now, and of course the NFL Draft mock draft shows are happening too. Will also be live here for the NFL Draft as well in April. So again, ring the belt to that goes ding. Subscribe to the channel like the video too, and of course drop your predictions below as we go through hours. Let's start at the top again. We got twenty guys, and actually when we started recording this we might have one or two bonus guys because more news continues to drop again, No tampering. It's not happening. Don't worry. Everything here we're doing is legal to Let's start with Davonte Adams. So the real question is, gentlemen, is Davante Adams sick of chasing his old friends at quarterback? Is it time maybe for Davante to grow up and realize that he could play with guys that maybe aren't his bestest friends in the world. Let's start with you, pepforts More as Davante Adams lands where when the free agent dust settles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm going to change this up by a different answer at first, Joe, But I am going to make it the Green Bay Packers Davante Adams going back. They're currently the betting favorites to acquire DeVante Adams plus one ninety. Last I checked on DraftKings, and it makes some sense. The Packers have gone from seemingly flush at wide receiver to having a big need there with Christian Watson tearing his acl last year, didn't really get a step up from Jayden Reid, didn't get a step up from Dantavian Wicks, so outside receiver help makes sense for the Packers. He's obviously familiar with Green Bay left on good terms and that would free up the Packers in the draft to address some other needs. Cornerback, ed rusher, maybe offensive line. Davante to Green Bay, all.
Speaker 1: Right, Davanta de Green Bay. I like it is kind of ironic. Right last year, we're like, oh, there's so many wide receivers, there won't be enough targets for everybody. We could barely get a wide receiver to get a target. It felt like by the end of the year, DeVante Adams, Andrew Erickson, where's the landing spot where he goes?
Speaker 2: Well, he's not going to be chasing his quarterbacks anymore. He's been burned by this twice. I'm gonna go play with Derek Cullhar It's gonna be great, and gonna go to the Jets, gonna play the Aaron Rodgers. And now so he's like, no, what, I want to live on the West Coast. That's where I'm from. That's where i want to go. The reports have said that that is something he's taking into consideration. I want to be on the West Coast. So I'm projecting him to go to the San Francisco forty nine ers. They now having to eat at wide receiver given they just traded away Deebo Samuel, Brandon Ayuk is injured and is also on the trade block, and there's a coaching familiarity with it. Lafloor Kyle Shanahan somewhat similar schemes offensively, so I don't think it's a system where he could be dropped in and not have any idea what he's doing. There's also some familiarity with the offensive coordinator or the Raiders OC. Mick Lombardy is the current quarterbacks coach for the San Francisco forty nine ers, So if he wants to get a ring, what better team to go to than the San Francisco forty nine Ers, who have been knocking on the door of the NFC Championship game basically most of the past couple of seasons. So that's my pick is the forty nine ers.
Speaker 3: They were knocking pretty faintly last year.
Speaker 2: Eric Well, they were all injured last year, so but we knew that ahead of time.
Speaker 1: I'll say this, I think it's gonna be very difficult to trade away Brandon a Yuka, I just off the injury. I think that's that's a tall order. So I think they just have no choice but to wait for him to get healthy there. And I'm a sentimental guy, so I kind of like Pat fitz Morris your choice of the reunited Green Bay. So one point goes to Gryffindor. I don't know, Ericson. You seem like a hufflepuff to me. I know you're not a Harry Potter guy, So you know, we'll just that's not true. Are you Harry Potter?
Speaker 2: Carry Potter? I mean, what defines a Harry Potter person? Like, oh, I've seen the movie, I've read the books. Like half the people that claimed their Harry Potter people haven't.
Speaker 1: Even read all the books more than one So a question for you, what is here?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: So I mean, are you a.
Speaker 2: Gryffindor, I'm gryffin door obviously.
Speaker 1: All right. So FITZI maybe you're a little slitherin there on the back end. Maybe I'm just.
Speaker 3: Saying, yeah, I have an evil streak.
Speaker 2: Jo, Yeah, you gotta be.
Speaker 1: I know that's my house too, all right, So one point to Pat fitz Morris. Here, let's move on to the next landing spot. Here in the predictions, we're have fun today. Today's a fun show. If you don't like fun. Well, then I don't know what to tell you. Chris Godwin now on the free agent block, also coming off of an injury situation. Here ericson, let's start with you. Chris Godwin. What do you have for a landing spot for him in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I think it is going to go back to the Buccaneers. I mean he has been willing to adjust his contract to give them more time to work on a long term deal. We saw something with that, so something in his contract doesn't avoid until March twelfth, I think, or March fourteenth, so basically giving the Buccaneers as much time as possible to negotiate a long term deal. Obviously they didn't franchise tag him, but he was absolutely cooking in this offense last year. And I know Cohen's on there anymore, but I think that he's still really ex Baker Mayfield, the GM, the head coach Todd Bowles, has talked about that they love Chris Godwin and he's also coming off an injury. So are other team's going to be so aggressive trying to get Chris Godwin when they don't have access like the Buccaneers do to his injury. He's a bit of an older receiver. He's been injured before, so I think there might be some hesitance with some other of these teams where Tampa Bay knows exactly what they're working with. So last year we thought Mike Evans might leave, what he did came back to Tampa Bay. I think it can be exact same thing with Chris Godwin returning well.
Speaker 1: Breaking news here just as we're doing the show, DK Metcalf has officially requested the trade from Seattle, by the way, so it looks like, who knows, maybe Seattle could be looking for some wide receivers. I don't know if this changes anybody's Chris Godwin take more on that in a second. Here, patfits more is Chris Godwin's. It's tough because market value coming off an injury is not ideal. So does Godwin find a new home or does he have to go back to Tampa.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna say he finds a new home. Joe, Let's put him in New England. The Patriots have been rumored as a potential suitor for Godwin, and the Pats have more money to spend under the cap than anyone else. They probably will not have to break the bank because Godwin is coming off the injury, so I think he ends up in New England. Patriots really do need a massive overhaul of their wide receiver corps, and they can't do it through the draft alone. The rookie receiver class just isn't that good and there are not many good slot receivers in this class. With the Patriots and their big bank roll, Joe, this is one of the ways they're going to spend it. Chris Godwin in the pass.
Speaker 1: I don't hate it. As a Patriots fan, I definitely don't hate it. Again, I just want younger guys. I want explosive guys. I want guys that are not looking towards the end of their career, and I feel like Godwin might be closer to that. I'm not saying he's done, but man, you know, I feel like the Patriots need to continue to build with the youth. I will take umbrage. I don't think it's an elite wide receiver class, but there's definitely some guys here. There's definitely some dudes that I feel pretty good about, maybe in the second round getting a value there. So I'm gonna go with Andrew Ericson. I just think the market might not be as big for him as people realize. My only concern is they like Jalen McMillan and Fitzy. I know you and I talked about that too, but look, you have to consider the Mike Evans age two and where he's at his career. I know he had a great season again last year, but how many times getting continued to do it? Eventually luck's got to run out here, So point for Andrew Erickson here on this one, next one here, Sam Darnald scores tied one one. Sam Darnald, big quarterback season for him didn't end, unfortunately the way he wanted to do. Kind of a sour note, So Fitzy Sam Darnald twenty twenty five landing spot, sell me.
Speaker 3: This is a tough one. It's hard to find a good fit for Donald. Let's put him on the Tennessee Titans. And my only reasoning for this is that we keep hearing the Titans are interested in trading the number one pick in the draft. That seems strange for a team that doesn't have a viable starting quarterback on the roster, and no, Will Levis is not a viable starting quarterback. If you have avoid a QB and you're picking first, you take a quarterback on it's such a bad class that someone like Kenny Pickett it's the number one quarterback, which is what we saw three years ago. Cam Warden, shod Or Sanders are much better prospects than Kenny Pickett was. But if the Titans aren't sold on those guys, they can trade the pick, sign Donald, do a one or two year deal and kick the quarterback can down the road for another year. Signing Donald would also kind of signal that the Titans are open for business with the number one pick in the draft.
Speaker 1: Interesting way to go. The Titans do need a lot of help, so getting more picks would be a good way to kind of replenish that roster. Andrew Erickson, what are your thoughts on Sam Donald.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go with the Raiders. He's going to reunite again USC Trojan connection, Pete Carroll. That's where Sam Donald went to school was USC. So you have that kind of bloodline connection going on for those it doesn't matter. You're USC for life, maybe for.
Speaker 1: Life for life until yeah tell you how to tell you go to the transfer. There's no college for life anymore. That doesn't exist. The transfer portal has killed that, but go ahead.
Speaker 2: The other thing is John spy Tech is the new Raiders general manager, and so spy Tech also spent time obviously with Tampa Bay with Todd Bowles, and Todd Bowles was with the Jets when they drafted Sam Donald in the first round. So if there's anyone that can give him a good read on the type of character, the type of person Sam Donald is, it could be Todd Bowles. So for those reasons, some connections. I like Donald landing with the Las Vegas Raiders, who obviously have a major need at quarterback.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, they certainly did a major need at quarterback. I think it would be a smart signing for them. I still know about Donald and Pete Carroll together. Plus I don't know. I think they want a little bit of edge and flair. I don't think Sam Donald had either of those things enough to play in Las Vegas. So I'm gonna go with FITZI here on this one. Here give me the Titans in this big rebuild one. I like this. I think that's a very clever way to put it.
Speaker 3: I knew paypaling you before the show was going to pay off. Joe really glad ever did that?
Speaker 1: It never hurts. All right, let's get to the next guy on our major free agent list here in the NFL, another quarterback, Russell Wilson. All right, so Ericson, you get first crack at Russell Wilson. Where does Russell Wilson take his skills or whatever's left of them in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: He's gonna go to the New York Giants. Infamously last year he actually took his private jet to New York to potentially sat with the Giants last offseason. That didn't work out. But they need a veteran quarterback. They need a bridge quarterback to pair with whatever rookie they end up drafting. And I think that when you're looking at the potential bridge quarterbacks, it's Wilson, it's Aaron Rodgers. And which guy has way less drama. It's Russell Wilson. So I think that they'll go the less dramatic route.
Speaker 1: I think the key is less drama. I think Russe is a little bit of drama sometimes around him. What's the catchphrase though in New York time to take a bite out of the apple, Like what does he do? Like He's got to have something like that, right.
Speaker 2: He just does Apple Comerci.
Speaker 1: All right, Fitzy, Russell Wilson, you know he did, you know at times play well for the Pittsburgh Steelers, But we all know the warts of Wilson at this stage in his career. Where does Zelanda twenty twenty five?
Speaker 3: Well, Joe, you just rejected the idea of Sam Darnold going to Las Vegas. I know it seems far fetched, but I think we could get a Russell Wilson Pete Carroll reunion in Las Vegas. They weren't necessarily on the best terms during the end of their time together in Seattle. Bet that marriage did work pretty well for a while. Maybe Russ and Pete can set aside any differences for one last run together. The Raiders may or may not be able to draft Shadu or Sanders at number six. Maybe they don't want to draft Cheddoor at number six. But even if they do draft Shaeddour, the Raiders could use a veteran Bridge quarterback who isn't going to cost them a fortune. Russell Wilson seems like he's a pretty logical choice as sort of a stopgap for them.
Speaker 1: I gotta say. You know, people are gonna say, oh, Joe's just scoring him back and forth or whatever, but I'm not. I'm legitimately not. I feel like that's a tough sell. Maybe they said, oh, you know why we should get back together, because look, we were to get and we were all happy. Things were good, we were going to super Bowls. But this is the NFL. This is you know, Although I like the homecoming story for the Hallmark movie of DeVante Adams, I just don't think the Hallmark story here Lands. But the Giants are kind of a tough sell too. I don't know, I you know what, I'm gonna say, No points, I don't like either of these Landings.
Speaker 2: But so what so what team is he gonna go to? That?
Speaker 1: What team is he gonna go?
Speaker 3: Then?
Speaker 2: Titans?
Speaker 1: I could see the Titans as they groom a quarterback. Yeah, on a one year deal. I actually don't think that's a bad idea. Titans would be a decent one there. And look, I wouldn't necessarily rule out him going back to the Steelers, to be honest with you, because I'm not going I don't know, man' I don't think he should fields well, I don't. I'm not so they're going with fields. To tell you the truth, I don't.
Speaker 2: If you're going to hate our answers.
Speaker 1: If they were going with fields, then last year was completely stupid and for nothing, because if you're going with fields, you take that entire year to rebuild everything around him to let him really command the offense, so you can go this year and compete, not to you know, have him start six games and then pull him and let Russell Wilson play. If that's true, then bad job by the Pittsburgh Steelers. Horrendous job there all right, seeking to Pittsburgh Steelers. Howbout Nauj Harris. Let's talk about him for a second here, FITZI, why don't you go first here, Naj Harris? Give me the landing spot for him, because it's probably not going to be Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: I don't think the Raiders are going to roll into the season with Sincere McCormick. It's their lead back. Let's put him in the Raiders. Can't you just picture Nase wearing a Raiders uniform? I think I can so, I can. I could Nagi the Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: Naja Las Vegas ericson you have a better landing spot than Vegas. Vegas isn't bad.
Speaker 2: Now Vegas is not bad. That defin wouldn't my second pick. But I'm going to go to another AFC West team, Gonna go to the Los Angeles Chargers. Looking back at Jim Harbaugh, former head coach of Michigan, he heavily recruited Naja Harris when Naja Harris was coming out. Obviously lost to him to going to Alabama. But I was reading some of the clippings with Harbaugh and how we talk about Najie Harris. He was obsessed with this guy. He really wanted him to come to Michigan. So that ended up being the case. But now he gets a second chance to be able to coach Nahi Harris. And we know what the charge want to do and a Greg Roman offense. They want to run the football, and Naji's hard nosed running style I think fits what they're trying to look for. They can compare him with another running back and yeah, so we'll see if Harbus still feels the same way about Jakdubbins is also free agent.
Speaker 1: It's tough because it really is a good running back class. I can see the Raiders even taking genty and then figuring out some sort of veteran quarterback situation That would not shock me at all, to tell you the truth. But I am with you ericson on this one. I do think the veteran coach wants the veteran running back in there. They went to the playoffs last year, They got their buck kicked in the playoffs last year. They want somebody reliable and Nause's that and a much better offensive line situation I think for him too, So that would be a big step up. So point to Andrew Erickson on that one. Before we get to the next guy on our list, a big wide receiver. Remember this is NBA season and there's plenty of new ways to get in on the action at DraftKings sports Book and official sports betting partner of the NFL and the NBA. And if you're ready to place your first bet, try betting on something simple like picking how many points your favorite player will have. Go to the DraftKings sports Book app and make your pick. You could take it to the rack with DraftKings sports Book Every point Counts. Download the DraftKings sports Book app today use that promo code Fantasy Pros. That's Fantasy pros for new customers, and you get one hundred and fifteen bonus bets when you bet just five bucks only on DraftKings. The Crown is yours.
Speaker 4: Gambling problem called one eight hundred gambler in New York call eight seven seven eight hope and WY or text hope and Y four six seven three six nine. In Connecticut. Help is available for problem gambling called eight eight eight seven eight nine seven seven seven seven or visit CCPG dot org. Please play responsibly on behalf of Boothill Casino when resorting Kansas twenty one and over. Agent eligibility varies by jurisdiction, Boyden, Ontario. New customers only bonus bets expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issuance. For additional tour and responsible gaming resources, see dkanng dot co, slash audio.
Speaker 1: Next up on our list is Keenan Allen, who had a good year last year. People were not enambered of the landing spot turned out to be pretty decent, arguably the best of the three wide receivers there so Andrew ericson Keenan Allen is where in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Well I had him going to the Raiders because their new wide receiver coach is Chris Betty and he was the receiver coach for the Bears last year when keen Nowan got traded to the Bears. He was also with the Chargers the three years before that, So I like that connection, but I don't like it as much now. And you're not going to pick mine because Tyer Lockett was released and he's going to be a Las Vegas Raider. So at this time I'm put on the spot. I don't have a good answer, but I'll roll up the Raiders because that was my original one. But I'm not I will not be surprised if I'm wrong, And if you don't pick.
Speaker 1: I don't know many. I mean I think I think Keenan Allen's got more left in the tank than Tyler Lockett personally. I mean I would rather Keenan Allen. So don't discount yourself yet, Ericson, Let's see how good or bad Fitzi's choices. Go ahead, Pat Keenan Allen.
Speaker 3: Is where Keenan Allen replaces Cooper Cup as the veteran slot receiver in Sean mcvay's offense with the Rams. McVeigh and Stafford get a savvy veteran will be able to pick up the offense quickly. And Keenan Allen gets to go back to California after playing his college ball at Cal and spending eleven years with the Chargers. So Keenan Allen is back in sunny southern California.
Speaker 1: Does he still have a house in LA that's the question question. If he does, I does, I'm gonna I bet he does. You know, I bet he knew that Chicago situation is gonna be one year. We're gonna wait, keep the family at home because you know, I mean, look, same building going back home. Sorry, Andrew Fitz he got this one here. Keenan Allen to the Rams makes a whole lot of sense there, and he does not have to be the alpha dog. He just has to hang out and catch some balls whenever pookaa coup is either hurt or pookin a coua you know, is not the the intended target on the play. So I like Keenan Allen going there justin fields is next and he already warned me I'm not gonna like this, and uh, we'll see. Let's see what you guys have because clearly you've Alveray spoiled it. You both think he's gonna end up on the Steelers. So let's hear the reasons why and see if you can convince me. And if you do a good job, I'll give each of you a point.
Speaker 3: The Steelers are not exactly well positioned to get their choice of quarterbacks in the draft. They're gonna keep one of Wilson or Fields. And yeah, I know, ultimately they did sit Fields in favor of Wilson, but Fields was actually decent for the Steelers last year. And count me among the dwindling number of people who still think Justin Fields can be a quality NFL starter.
Speaker 1: Okay, dwindling away. Andrew Erickson is your faith dwindling in Fields and where does he land?
Speaker 2: He's also going to be a Pittsburgh Steeler. They've been telling us this for months, and the Steelers tend to not hold things really close to the vest. They are like an open book. A couple years ago, the yeah, we're gonna draft Nagie Harris and that's exactly what they did. No, we're gonna draft Kenny Pickett, and that's exactly what they did. So it's been out for the last couple of months that they're going to the Fields over Wilson. So that's what I think is also going to happen. And to play a little three D forty chess here, Joe. Maybe they decided to not play Fields because well, if Fields balls out in our offense, then we have to pay more money. He's gonna generate a larger deal on the open market. So now we can get him back for cheap, competing with the New York Jets of all teams for his services, and then we're gonna look like even bigger geniuses for signing Justin Fields to a long term deal at value. So there you go.
Speaker 1: I love you, Andrew, but that is the dumbest thing I've ever heard you say. That is ridiculous. Hey, let's not be good in the NFL. All right, let's just sneak in the playoffs and let's not let this guy develop for an entire season. So next year, not only can we sign a good quarterback coming off a good year with more revenue, because we're going oh to the playoffs and winning games in the playoffs. No, if I'm Justin Fields, I don't want to be there. You've already told me that you're looking around looking give me side eye, looking for other options there. I think he takes his talents to the New York Jets. I think they're going to run the snot out of the.
Speaker 2: Football because that's so much better.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you this, if you ask me at this stage, is playing for Aaron Glenn not an intriguing thing if I'm a young NFL player, I think it is. I think Aaron Glenn is one of these guys as a great reputation around the league and people want to play for. And I think people are looking at Mike Tom Whin and all the stagnation in Pittsburgh over the last decade and maybe have a different opinion. Maybe some of us old heads here I have an inflate opinion of the Steelers because I think the young kids don't have that same opinion. I think they're looking at you. You look at Breese Hall, you look at Garrett Wilson, you look at what could be with that defense or the draft picks they have. I gotta tell you, I think the Jets so again, no points there. I like mine better. Next up, Aaron Jones. Now this one, I think everybody's going to get a point on because this is my landing spot. I believe what you guys are going to say because it just makes sense. Andrew Rickson, Where does and and Andrew Jones? I've been doing too many baseball shows. Where does Aaron Jones go? Not Hall of Fame potential centerfielder for the Atlanta Braves, but running back the Minnesota Vikings. Where's Aaron Jones go? In twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: He's going to go back to the Vikings. I think that he's going to resign there. I do think that he's going to be joined by somebody else, either another veteran or a rookie running back, because I think that they realize they don't want to put him in a three hundred touch pace like they did last year. He got banged up at the end, but he's still effective. He's efficient, but I think that he's going to be more of a part time back. But I think he returns to the Vikings.
Speaker 1: Right, Vikings, FITZI, I'm with Ericson.
Speaker 3: He played well for the Vikings last year. Aaron Jones fits Kevin O'Connell's system. It's probably not going to be all that expensive to bring him back. I just think Aaron Jones stays put in Minnesota.
Speaker 1: Fitzi ericson. I agree, it just makes too much sense. It's a good marriage of convenience for everybody. Next up, JK. Dobbins. This one's a little trickier. So Dobbins got off to a good start with the Chargers and then things kind of unraveled a little bit. So, FITZI, where's JK dobbins land this offseason?
Speaker 3: I think a lot of these free agent veteran running backs are tricky, Joe, because I think the market is going to be really soft for these guys this year, with the caliber of the running back class in the draft this year, Like, these guys are gonna be hitting the free agent market hat in hand, looking to take whatever deal comes their way. All right, So JK. Dobbins, Maybe the Cowboys take Ashton genty twelfth overall, but there's no guarantee gent he's going to be around for them. The Bears could grab genty at number ten, two spots ahead of Dallas. So the Cowboys signed JK. Dobbins to be part of their new look running back group. Dobbins could be the starter, or he could be the primary backup to one of the top rookies. I do think the Cowboys draft a rookie at some point before Day three. It may or may not be Ashton Genty. I think they're going to get Dobbins to solidify themselves at the running back spot.
Speaker 1: What a horrible consolation prize that is going from gend to Dobbins. Ugh, I don't know if I want to live in that timeline. Ericson take me out of it.
Speaker 2: Well, he's going to join his former Ohio State quarterback in Pittsburgh, Justin Field. So I think Jaco Dobbins is going to go to the Steelers. They need to replace Nagie Harris and Jacob ob should not be a bell cow like he has shown that. I can't play seventeen games. Even last year as good as he was, he endn't getting hurt towards the end of the season. But you pair him with another running back that I at least think is going to return to the Steelers. I think that he can be part of a great backfield and you and I with Justin Field. So that's it for me.
Speaker 1: You know, I think the Cowboys need to make a splash. If it's not Genty, then I think it's somebody else in the second round, and it is a good running back class, so I'm gonna think the Cowboys go somewhere else. But it does sound very Pittsburgh Steeler to go ahead and end up with JK. Dobbins and somebody else. Maybe bring back a Jalen Warren or somebody else. We'll see last one in the top ten, and then we're going to go eleven through twenty Nick Chubb, all right, So again tough to evaluate last year ericson, you know, coming back from massive knee injury and the team was terrible. So a really tough evaluation here for Nick Chubb. So where does he end up in twenty twenty five?
Speaker 2: I think he's going to be a New England Patriot, and I absolutely hate it from a fantasy perspective, But this is me kind of connecting the dots. So Mary Kay Cabot has to. So she's a Browns reporter. She's talked about how the Browns are probably gonna be moving away from Nick Chubb. You look at Mike Rabele, new head coach of the Patriots. Where did he spend last year? He was a consultant with the Cleveland Browns. So I'm sure he saw the impact in the locker room that Nick Chubb could bring when he came back from that injury. And you just talk about how teammates rally around Nick Chubb even if he wasn't playing at one hundred percent, even though he was coming back from that injury. He definitely saw that. And that was the biggest thing with the Patriots last year, just immaturity in the locker room, lack of people being accounted for accountability, and I think bringing in a veteran like Nick Chubb with guys like Romandre Steven san Antonio Gibson who continuously put the ball on the ground, Hey, get a veteran in here that knows how to do it, that knows how to be a running back from a professional level. And the last point I'll make Elliot Woolf the de facto GM of the Patriots. He was the assistant GM for the Browns, so they drafted Nick Chubb back in twenty eighteen, and it would make me so happy if the Patriots at Nick Chubb from a locker room presence. Kind of reminds me of the Austin Eckler move last year where the Commanders brought him in because they have a chance to draft Nick Chubb, but they said they drafted Sony Michelle. So draft the draft the right George running back.
Speaker 1: The room a whole day. I mean, I always joke around Eerckson. It's even in the slack chat between the three of us two where I call him that, you know, the Charlie Day meme when he's looking at all of the map where he is like flagged around there. But you know what, there's a lot of good connection points here. Uh, FITZI, where's it going?
Speaker 3: Elliott Wolfe was a nice poll son of former Yes, yes, he dug deep there. I appreciate that. So, man, this flies in the face of the Mary Kay Cabot reporting.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: I would like to see Nick Chubb resign with the Browns. I think a lot of Cleveland fans want to see Nick Chobb resign with the Browns. Nick Chubb is been one of the few good things about Cleveland Brown's football in recent years. It would be great to see Chubb remain a Brown for life. So I am going to have him re signing with Cleveland.
Speaker 1: All right, Andrew Erickson, you sold me the whole leadership thing. Of course, it's a stupid thing the Patriots did to give up the you know the bag there to ermondre Stevenson last year and then go bring in Nick Chubb next year. But it feels about right, feels like something the Patriots would be doing. So, uh, there you go, casual spending Patriots. I'm gonna give this.
Speaker 2: I'll get it. I'll get a Nick Chubb Patriots jersey.
Speaker 1: I mean, you wouldn't want that. I'm just saying, when you're when you're at the team store, pick me up one due. I am president of the Chubb club here. Everybody knows that. So after ten, right, now, here's where we stand. Fitzi has four, Ericsson has four, No One is Right has two. So, inf case you're keeping score at home, now, don't lose to no One is Right because that's just embarrassing you guys. I don't want to have that happen. So let's get to the next group. Here will be a little bit more lightning roundy for these guys, because again, this is not the top tier of the free agencies. That next tier. Let's start with Amari Cooper. He looks done and dusted to me. I don't know who's gonna want him. Pat fitz Morris, the floor is yours.
Speaker 3: I know it didn't work out in Buffalo, Joe, but I don't think Cooper is washed up at age thirty. The Pittsburgh Steelers need more manpower at wide receiver. Not only could Cooper help the Steelers with their pass catching shortage, he could also be a mentor to the talented but immature George Pickens, who certainly could use a mentor. And by all accounts, Cooper has been a really good teammate wherever he's gone throughout his career. He didn't complain about how sparingly he was used in Buffalo last year. He told the media he was just grateful to be on a winning team. Cooper and Pickens both have the X receiver Z receiver versatility. I think the Steelers would be a nice fit for Mari.
Speaker 1: Cooper, all right, So the Steelers ericson where you're going for Cooper.
Speaker 2: Could go to the Arizona Cardinals. That'll reunite him with the current OC Drew Petsing. Cooper and Petsing were together in Cleveland for a few years, so in similar reasons about him being a mentor towards George Pickens. I think you do something similar with Marvin Harrison junior, right, not the rookie year. We all wanted out a veteran like Amri Cooper. It's also a dome and it gets him out of these Buffalo Cleveland weather. I think Mark Cooper's done playing outside. It's like, dude, put me in a dome. That's where I want to be. An Arizona can give him that.
Speaker 1: I'll take a step further. I do agree about the get him out of the cold weather environments, but I'm going to put him in Los Angeles with the Chargers. I think that's where he ends up eventually and just kind of the over the top guy at lad McConkie catch everything and let Amari Cooper do his business in the red zone. And I think that would be the good landing spot. So no one gets the square here on Hollywood Squares. Next up Jalen Warren so Andrew Erickson. Jalen Warren. Does he go home to Pittsburgh or is it potentially a division rival? Where does he land in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: I think he's going back to the Pittsburgh Steelers because he's a he's a restricted free agent so the Steers can put a tender on him, and basically for another team to pry him away, it would cost them a draft pick to then get Jalen Warre and then they have to sign him. So given the class of running backs, I don't think anyone's going to give up actual draft capital to have the ability to sign Jalen Warren to a contract. So I think he's gonna go back to Pittsburgh. The Steers are really high on Jalen Warren. He's looked explosed fan a last year who was banged up, but there's no knowledge. I think Jalen Warren is going to be RB one in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, it's the injuries that's the problem there, but certainly that's a moment's fitsy Gunny landing spots for Warren.
Speaker 3: If there is a team that's going to be willing to go out and get Jalen Warren, maybe it's a team in the division that wants to steal him away from the Steelers. I'll say he goes to the Bengals to be there passing down back Chase Brown is going to handle the early downs. Chase Brown and Jalen Warren that's a pretty nice one to punch, and it hurts a divisional rival. So Jalen Warren is Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: This is tough because I actually like that. I like that call a lot. But I feel like the Pittsburgh Steelers need Warren Moore and we'll figure out a way to bring him back. So point to Andrew Erickson on this one. Next up, Jamis Winston. Let's talk about Winston here for a moment. Winston obviously the highs and lows, the roller coaster that is Jameis Winston very entertaining in twenty twenty four, in twenty twenty five, Maybe he's a backup, maybe he's a starter or fitzy.
Speaker 3: What's the pt that he's going to be a backup for the Arizona Cardinals, who have some money to spend and as of now they have the unproven Clayton Tune as the backup to Kyler. Murray Winston an affordable insurance policy for the Cardinals. Kyler played all seventeen games last season, but it was the first time he stayed healthy for an entire season since twenty twenty. It would help for a credible backup to be around in case Kyler goes down. So Jameis Winston to the Desert.
Speaker 1: Arizona backup ericson where do you want to put Winston in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Five Indianapolis Colts competition for Anthony Richardson. That's all Chris Ballard has been talking about during his offseason pressers. They need to get competition for Richardson, and I think Winston can push him and also puts them in a situation where if Richardson gets hurt again, Ballard and stych And can't afford to keep losing games. And Jameis Winston again, he loses games, and he wins games, but he's sure it's fun to watch, and I would like to see him in a dome with some of those receivers and weapons. So Jamis Winston for me to the Colts, I.
Speaker 3: Was gonna say, let's have another wildly interception prone quarterback as the backup to Anthony Richardson.
Speaker 1: Indy, Hey, man, if it ain't broke, I don't know see that. This is why I don't want the Colts should be in on Sam Donald because to me, it's like, hey, just tell Richardson to sit for a little while, see if you can get something out of him. I know it's hard because he needim to get reps. But at the same time, Shane Styken wants some results. So I think if I'm Donald, if I'm stiching like, that's the marriage that makes the most sense here where that's a pretty good team. You drop in a competent quarterback and you're right back in the playoffs, especially in that division. I don't think the Colts one is a bad one. I don't think the Cardinals one is a bad one. I think they're both very good landing spots. But if I have to pick one, I'm probably gonna pick the Colts one. I'm gonna go with Andrew here again, which really, I mean, Fitzy, you gotta step it up here now because now you're playing from behind. It is now six to four, so you got to make up some ground here. Let's see if you could do it on DeAndre Hopkins here another wide receiver that got traded last year, another one that disappointed everybody. So Andrew Erickson, where we go in here for DeAndre Hopkins.
Speaker 2: New York Jets. DeVonta Adams is no longer on the Jets. Alan Lazard is going to be traded most likely, and Hopkins is on the record saying that he loves Jets' new wide receiver coach Sean Jefferson. So I like that connection there, and they need receiver. So Hopkins to the Jets.
Speaker 1: There you go, boy, oh boy, he's done the homework. Fitzi, DeAndre Hopkins goes where Carolina Panthers.
Speaker 3: Hopkins is from the Carolinas. He grew up in South Carolina, played his college ballack Clemson. The Panthers need outside receiver help, and Hopkins could mentor Xavier Lagatte.
Speaker 1: I like the fit ericson. You just got ericson by fits. Look at him connecting all the dots there. I like it. I think they need some more help down there. Point to Fitzie. There, you're catching up a little bit. So now it is six to five. Let's go to Aaron Rodgers, though, boy, FITZI go ahead. Aaron Rodgers ends up where and by the way, if you don't pick an NFL team starts his own podcast is also on the table and an acceptable answer for your prediction.
Speaker 3: As of now, Joe, the New York Giants are the betting favorites to land Aaron Rodgers, and they're heavy favorites minus one P fifty as of this morning on DraftKings. I think it makes some sense, mainly because Giants head coach Brian Dable and GM Joe Schooner they both need a good year to keep their jobs. Quite frankly, so I think a one year commitment makes more sense than an expensive multi year commitment to Sam Darnold, and a Rogers signing would free up the Giants to take one of the two best players in the draft, either Travis Hunter or Abdul Carter at number three. So Aaron Rodgers as a stopgap for the.
Speaker 1: Giants, another guy who might not have to sell the house that he's living in. I assume maybe Aaron Rodgers was just renting I don't know for two years. I don't know his private real estate business. But Aaron Rodgers, you got a landing spot for him here Andrew Erickson.
Speaker 2: Tennessee Titans. That's whoy I think that is going to end up landing him. It's not the New York market, please. I don't know why Rogers wants to stay in New York. I mean, the last two years, don't it's so fun, It's really fun.
Speaker 1: I think he gets publicity there. I think he likes it. I think he is a moth to the flame.
Speaker 2: Well, it's been great for his football career, that's say the least.
Speaker 1: Well, if you think, do you think the Hall of Famer wants to finish up in Tennessee? I think that's where he wants to close out.
Speaker 2: I don't know why would New York be any better? I mean, I like, I like the Tennessee Titans as the pick here, So again he can get out of the spotlight focus more on playing actual football. And look, I know that you don't look at him as a mentoring type of quarterback to a young one, but he was willing to mentor Zac Wilson like when he was first injured. So I think they're going to draft a quarterback. I think they're going to draft cam Ward and I think Rogers will be there as well.
Speaker 1: See, now, this is the guy that I think should be a Raider at this point, right, finish up with historic franchise. You know, get him some wide receiver help. Yet you got a veteran coach there, right, old school kind of football stuff. I think it's Raiders or bust for him. I'm gonna go podcast That's where I'm gonna end up with him. So no one gets the point here. That's where Aaron Rodgers ends up. He's the fifth guy on Pat mcafe show. Let's get to Javonte Williams Andrew Ericson. Let's start with you with this one. What do you have?
Speaker 2: So if you do a search on X about Vonte Williams and the Jets, there's a bunch of tweets from me from five years ago Whenonte Williams was entering the NFL. I was obsessed with getting this guy to the Jets.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So I'm just gonna look at myself as I was an oracle at the time, and I think he's gonna go to the Jets. The Jets new GM Darren Mogi started with the Denver Broncos. He was there when they drafted Javonte Williams. And I don't know how high this new staff is on Breeze Hall Like he's someone that doesn't always traditionally hit the hole. He's always trying to hit the expulsive play. They drafted a bunch of running backs last year. They've been mocked drafts, the guys like Ashton Genty and things like that. So I think that they're going to make a move at running back to kind of challenge bres Hall after his poor season, and went surprised if they bring in a veteran that the New GM knows from his time spent in Denver. So we debated Javonte versus bress Hall as prospects when they came out together. And now they're going to be teammates. So at Javonte Williams of the Jets, and I hate it.
Speaker 1: Uh, yeah, I don't love it either, FITZI, this is a point for you to score if you get it right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I should be able to pick up the point here. I mean the Jets have Brayleen Allen, they have Isaiah Davis.
Speaker 2: It's a new Okay. How many times you look up and like, wow, what is that team doing?
Speaker 1: We want to be right for I have the answer. The answer is every time, exactly.
Speaker 2: So this is one of those situations where I'm trying to get ahead of it.
Speaker 3: All right. Look, I know the New Orleans Saints don't have two Nichols to rub together in free agency, but Javonte Williams is going to be a dirt cheap signing, probably close to the veteran minimum and you know how teams often get infatuated with the players who've done well against them. The one really good game Javonte Williams last year was against the Saints on a Thursday night in October eighty eight rushing yards, one hundred and eleven yards from scrimmage, two touchdowns in New Orleans. Javante joins the Saints as a compliment to Alvin Kamara.
Speaker 1: I think you're both wrong. You'll talk about collecting running backs that have been discarded. I think it's Miami. That's where he goes, because they just going to bring back a bunch of guys there, and you know what, Mooster, He's done. You know, we can't keep going with a Jeffrey Wilson experiment there, and they need they need bodies. Javante's a body. No one gets the square and they go they jests, they got twelve running backs already. What are they gonna do there?
Speaker 2: We're going to resurface this when the Jets make a splash move and you guys are like, oh, where do they let go?
Speaker 1: I will I will eat it. I will eat the l That's fine, all right. The best way of course to stay on top of all the latest free agency news is with the Fantasy Pros News, Rankings and Scores app. Be among the first to know where all the major free agents signed with our real time breaking news alerts and player updates. Download the Fantasy Pros News, Rankings and Scores app now at Fantasypros dot com, Slash apps or go to the app store or Google Play. You know where to get your apps, and get it right now and don't miss a moment of NFO free agency. Next on our list, last couple here, let's run through him, Zach Ertz. Give me a quick one. Go ahead, Fitzy.
Speaker 3: He stays with the Commanders. He was great for them down the stretch. And Ertz has talked about how he wished he were younger so he could have more years with Jade Daniels. Well, let's give Hertz one more year with Jade Daniels in Washington.
Speaker 1: All right? I like that, ericson, what do you think?
Speaker 2: Co Sin back to the Commanders?
Speaker 1: All right, point for both of you, because I think you're both right. It's a good marriage. And now that you're paying debo, maybe the budget needs to be allocated elsewhere. But they got a lot of it, Rego Doubtle, next one, ericson where does he go?
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna go to the Saints, reunite with Kellen Moore. Moore spent a lot of time with him with their overlap in Dallas, and I think that he knows what Rigo Dawell can do. So I'm gonna say the Saints.
Speaker 1: That's a good one.
Speaker 3: Broncos Sean Payton let it be known at the combine that he was not satisfied with his running backs. I think Denver's going to draft one, but let's also get a veteran running back in Denver. Donell played well last year and he caught thirty nine passes. And if you're gonna be a Sean Payton running back, you need to catch passes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Bo Nicks is gonna be thrown to the running back. I like that one. Rico to the Broncos. Point for Fitzie Diami Brown. Where does he go? Fits Chargers?
Speaker 3: They have money to spend and they need an outside receiver?
Speaker 1: All right? How about you? Erickson.
Speaker 2: Cardinals also have money to spend, third most cap space, and the passing game coordinator for the Arizona Cardinals spent two years with Brown in Washington.
Speaker 1: All Right, I gotta give it to Erickson because once again the holemark is just there. All right, Stefan Diggs. I mean, I don't know if anybody's gonna sign him. I mean, I think it's kind of a lost cause at this point here waiting for the return from his injury. But if someone does, Andrew, who is it.
Speaker 2: I think he's gonna going back to Houston. They're letting him test free agency, and I think that he's gonna go out and say, oh wow, there's really not a market for me as an older receiver coming out of torn ACL injury. And I think that Houston's able to get him on a discount. So I'll say he goes back to the Texans.
Speaker 1: I don't think they liked him, get that feeling that he would well liked there.
Speaker 2: I've got a nice fine. I mean, here's productant. I don't know.
Speaker 1: I'm talking more like among the players, like it just felt like Diggs was you know again Diggs. He's just a guy who just greats on people. A little bit fitzy. Where's Diggs end up?
Speaker 3: The Patriots? And I'm gonna repeat something I said on one of our shows last month Shoe. When Diggs joined the Bills in twenty twenty, he helped Josh Allen blossom into a star. That first dig season in Buffalo was the breakthrough season for Josh Allen. Maybe Diggs can help Drake may make a similar leap. And I know they're not getting vintage Stefan Diggs. He's thirty one coming off of torn acl but should be ready to go early in the twenty twenty five season. I think Diggs would be a pretty good fit for Josh McDaniel's system with his route running ability.
Speaker 1: All right, point to FITZI, it makes sense again. Stupid spending by the Patriots makes a lot of sense to me, which is unfortunate. So right now we are tied eight to eight. Uh no, one, by the way, has five right behind you, guys, so we're gonna have to go to overtime. Bonus breaking news, Christian Kirk and Tyler Lockett. Give me landing spots for those two guys. Let's start with Christian Kirk, who just got released. FITZI, what do you have?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm gonna say Buffalo because and I wish I could properly credit this, but someone on Twitter mentioned that Josh Allen and Christian Kirk are tight and with Maari Cooper expected to walk, I think they're gonna need someone to replace Cooper, an extra body in their wide receiver room, so Kirk hooks up with his buddy Josh Allen.
Speaker 1: I like the Buffalo one Ericson what do you have?
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go with Pittsburgh Steelers. They were rumored to be in the trade streets with Christian Kirk last year before he broke his collarbone, So I think that we would have seen him in a Steelers jersey had he not gotten injured. Now that they get a chance to sign him for free, so I think he's gonna be Steeler.
Speaker 1: M I think both are good there. I'm gonna go Buffalo has a little bit more of the need, so I'm gonna go there with FITZI on this one last one, Tyler Lockett, this is for you to tie and be respectable, Andrew, Tyler Lockett. Where did he go?
Speaker 2: Raiders with Pete Carroll?
Speaker 1: Walk it in right?
Speaker 3: What do you think, FITZI game theory optimal here? If I've got a one point lead, I gotta go with the Raiders.
Speaker 1: To you got gamed by Fitzy at the end a point for both of you.
Speaker 3: It's win too logical, Joe.
Speaker 1: It's a w Nonetheless, look at that Fitzi at the end. You got gamed. This is what my dad used to always say. Youth and skills is no match for old agent treachery. It's a good lesson. It's a good lesson to learn here Andrew ericson Pafitzmorris, great stuff, a lot of fun and of course we love to hear from all of you out there in fantasyland. Drop your comments below. Where do you think some of these guys are gonna land? We want to hear your predictions. Take your favorite predictions here from our list too and drop them down there. Or you know, just give me your favorite player and the favorite landing spot. I don't care, drop it in there. Let's have a conversation about these predictions before these guys start flying off the board. Gentlemen, great stuff as always from you, and of course you can follow us on social media. Fansy pros stay on top, use the news app as we mentioned before, and of course subscribe to the YouTube channel and Ring the Belt to leakuehosting for notifications. You are part of the twenty twenty five fantasy football season with us from start to finish. That'll do it for us, but the story of the game goes on Bord Andrew ericson Pat fitz Morris, I'm Joey P. We'll see you next time. Kids.
Speaker 4: Thanks for listening to the Fantasy Pros Fantasy Football podcast.
Speaker 1: If you love the show, the best free way to support us is by leaving a positive review on Apple podcasts at Fantasypros dot com, slash review, or on Spotify.
Speaker 3: Follow us on x, Instagram and TikTok at Fantasy Pros, and subscribe to our YouTube channel at YouTube dot com slash Fantasypros.