Speaker 1: You are listening to the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, catch the entire show wherever you get podcast, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the Daily Best of the Rick Burgers Show on Blaze TV. Thanks for watching and listening, and be sure to follow us on social media for more from the whole gang at the Rick Burgers Show. Hey, I see Stevens County, Indian Football. Baby, They're ready to go. Columbus, Georgia. Hello America, It's the Rick Burgers Show. I didn't know what's National Golf Cart Day. Laurel, Mississippi, Madison, Tennessee.
Speaker 2: Let's go.
Speaker 1: I see you Jones, Arkansas, Reskin Packaging, Heplin, Alabama, home of the Tigers, Lagrange, Georgia. Ready to go. Walker County's in. I see you, Jasper. How about them Conways? They're in Demophilis, Monsta Toyota plant in Huntsville, the body shop ready to go. Hard working men and women saying, come on birds, let's go. The gang is all here. Hello Deetsville, Rome, Georgia. Somebody say, to the radio, to your phone, or to your computer, to your TV, say hey, I'm ready to go. The solar panel factory in Huntsville, Alabama, Paris, Alabama. Greg, your urinus, the planet is ready. Oh Greg, we're really doing well here the State Women's Prison. You think they're not fire enough? Rod. Incarcerated women, Springville, Tennessee. What a woman nursing her baby, that's probably ready to go. Good for women, raising that baby right, raising that baby right.
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: Sure, enjoying the show we're having breakfast.
Speaker 5: Yes, incarcerated women and nursing women love this show number one with them absolutely.
Speaker 1: So here we are. It's another week coming to an end. We've got it. What's going on? Can you still hear it? You ever tried to take them and turn them all the way in? You can't? But yeah, ever tried to turn angus off? It's hard, quietly, but here we are at the weekend. Dads Hello, Hello, dad's her dad's Hello? Happy Father's Day.
Speaker 4: Weekend? That is this weekend? Yeah, it's and this man right here.
Speaker 6: I just want to let you know I have done a study on him the last twenty four hours. What and he's something else? He is something else?
Speaker 1: Do you think I don't know that?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but I'm just saying years I won't try fifty eight years with just him being in the loop and he's on the same text thread or he's in the same meetings, but yet he acts like he don't know anything.
Speaker 4: Not if I'm in the meeting Greg, buddy, what meeting exactly?
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but those of you that don't know, it's brilliant. Yes, Speedy, Speedy had to spend what we call Greg bonus time. Yesterday, you get your Greg normal time, yeah, but then you get Greg bonus y. They had to go somewhere together every time. I cannot wait to hear we had a time together.
Speaker 6: And but it's just funny, Rick, the follow up conversations information, But I can't look at the phone, things like things like that. He just is He's like, what what are you talking about? I'm like, I'm like, buddy, you were on the same text thread.
Speaker 1: What do you mean?
Speaker 6: What am I talking about?
Speaker 8: Oh?
Speaker 6: Man, I don't And then he comes starts coming up with things like, you know, his once he enters his home, it he doesn't have service or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know my phone down. I don't go look at it. Let me tell you, right, but you got I'm not walking around with the phone. That's not what I did.
Speaker 8: Either.
Speaker 1: If you were in the SEC championship game, we tried to want.
Speaker 6: This is this is how he gets out of it. He goes overboard on on like we're doing something wrong.
Speaker 1: You know, you need to back off.
Speaker 6: My gosh, he's funny. We'll talk about it. But I came in this morning recapping some things yourself.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 1: One thing, let me tell you this. The more you're around Greg, the more you pray for Lisa. Yeah, I understands, I really do. Maybe she wants a husband. Don't stare at his phone all day, you see. And that's that's what he does, though.
Speaker 6: He goes he goes overboard, like I'm staring at my phone all day.
Speaker 1: No, I just got a message. All I did is get a message. Greg. There's obsession with the phone, and those people exist. Then there's people that should look at.
Speaker 4: Their phone more.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and then there's those that kind of have the right balance in between.
Speaker 6: Right, just had this for communication, and we always get better.
Speaker 5: I'll set a timer so that I don't go to go too far one way or the other. I'll set like a one hour timer, set my phone down, whatever, play with the kids, or you.
Speaker 3: Know, just whatever.
Speaker 5: Then that way I'm not staring at it, but that way I'm not like missing something important.
Speaker 1: I catch up. If I'm in a doctor's office in the waiting room, yeah, thank you, I've got nothing to do, so we will put your phone out of every other person in there. So if we want you to respond to the things we need to know, we need to hope that you have a check up. Yes, Okay, that was odd, you bet, No, you're right. Adler's talking about the right balance.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: If you're sitting around just scrolling through Instagram and scrolling on social media, that's one thing. And what I notice is that, and I can find that even in my own house. The the I don't. I don't keep my You're always got your phone with you. I have my phone with me so people can communicate with me. That's really the only reason. Of course, I've never found anything on Instagram or out on social media that was overly intriguing. There's a few videos you go with that was kind of yeah, but mostly I have it with me so when people need me.
Speaker 4: They can actually find me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's really it.
Speaker 3: I do that.
Speaker 1: But then a lot of times, say I turned the ringer off while I'm here on the show and I forget to turn it back on that. I did ask you, I've done that. I did ask him.
Speaker 6: I said, do you do you have notifications on? Like when you get a text message? Does your phone say hey you got to miss.
Speaker 1: How does it do?
Speaker 6: That's my favorite too, is that he has it to where it makes a noise and doesn't like vibrate or something, right, you know?
Speaker 1: Yeah, now, so when it's turned down, that don't help. Now will say this. I will say this. You do have to be careful for those who overtext. Oh yeah, you do. You do have to be careful with that text. Text should pretty much revolve around something extremely funny that we're all doing one liners on because we know how important that is our information that I need. But what you know, what what if because this happens on funny stuff? What if I that's funny? Do I have to physically say that's funny? Can I just look at it? No? I don't do that a lot. I don't require that of anybody. Okay, good, so I'll go, Man, that's funny. But I don't want to go that's funny, Miley face whatever. You know why? I don't So you just got to you know why I don't require that because it's just it is a just a very fertile ground for emojis. And if you start demanding response from people, you're gonna eventually get emojis.
Speaker 4: And that's why I'm saying there's no need to.
Speaker 1: Respond, you know how I'm bout emphasize and all that. I don't even know what that one means. I don't even I don't even know where you go on your phone to do that.
Speaker 6: These are all valid points, but this is not what I'm talking.
Speaker 1: I know, no, No, he looks, I know what you Yeah, And I was trying.
Speaker 6: What's funny is is that we're doing an event together. Greg and I are co m seeing it and and uh and the organizer behind it. That's kind of the communicator with us we've been We've been on a text thread together for a month.
Speaker 1: He has never responded.
Speaker 10: No, he is.
Speaker 1: Never to me.
Speaker 6: I looked at him yesterday and I said, you know, I you can respond.
Speaker 1: I don't have to be the so much like you respond.
Speaker 6: The liaison between the two of them, you know, it's like you can respond.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's less confusing, right, Yeah, you.
Speaker 6: Can you can jump in any now, and you know, help me, help.
Speaker 1: Me, if I please help me. I know you're gonna be on your phone and you'll you'll do it for a month. I mean, I know you're always gonna be on your phone this week. Let me stay with that. That's fine. There's a time frame in the day, Okay, then if you need greg, you better use that time frame. If it gets if it gets past that time frame, I honestly about this. Honestly, you might as well be looking for big Foot, right, I'll start work on Okay. That's just so.
Speaker 6: I'm not asking you when you turn one thousand pounds, sisters on to have your phone in your hands.
Speaker 1: Because I mean, you got priorities. You know, box seats coming up later, Burgess Ball battle coming up later, and we got a lot to uncovered. Should we take on this horrible crash yesterday? This one person that's one that person on the plane or in the building, because you know a lot of people got killed in the building. I think he was on the plane. They showed, they showed the plane ticket and everything.
Speaker 10: He was the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: I know, I know you're out there right now and you're thinking to yourself. I've missed Father's Day. I missed it. I don't have my dad anything. I'm going to go out and try to get some card that I'm sure he's going to be thrilled with. Why don't you just take a moment right now and don't scramble. We got you forget the last minute, you know, Go grab a grill. Gadget won't even be the brand he likes. Do not grab a coffee mug. He has the ones he loves, but he really wants is something that speaks to who he is.
Speaker 4: How about this?
Speaker 1: In a world that just continues to just malk masculinity, traditional values, fatherhood, he needs a place that still has his back, and that's Blaze TV. It's where unapologetic conservative voices call out the nonsense, stand up for its right faith. Family first, how about freedom. Here's the code you need. You can grab a Father's Day special thirty dollars off the annual subscription, give the gift to Blaze TV to your dad. Use the code Dad Dad thirty this week only. It's fast, it's easy, you don't have to wrap. It actually means something. So if you're still giftless, this is your moment to win for Father's Day. Think of it as peace of mind. Think of it as firepower for his convictions. So skip the predictable gift this Father's Day. Give him something that actually matters. Go to BlazeTV dot com slash rick and use the code Dad thirty. Grab the deal and remind him he's not alone. Let's get some headlines done as the show was rolling. We mentioned as the show started yesterday about the air flight that was leaving India going to London. This was a Boeing seven eighty seven. The first time they've had a catastrophe with the Dreamliner. Never had one go down, but this one did. All kind. Now here's where you got to be careful. When you're dealing with social media and treating it like a new source, you gotta be careful because people will put up pictures that have been altered. You got to watch some of these false narratives. But from what we can gather, it seems that we have two hundred and forty one fatalities on the plane and that's not counting the building. Yeah uh, and we have one survivor. Now back to what I just said, when this thing first broke, that there's one survivor. I had to know how he survived. Was he on the plane or was in the building.
Speaker 6: It's the plane, yeah I got I got seat number and everything.
Speaker 1: But you could see the tail end of the plane. Yeah, kind of laying on top of the building. Maybe he was way back there. Yeah maybe, but one thing.
Speaker 3: See, but he's in the front him.
Speaker 6: He's eleven A. He was on the emergency exit.
Speaker 1: But they're looking at is that him? That's he's not even hurt, but he's hurt. Well, he's walking, but he gets at but he's in the hospital right now in stable conditions. They expect him to recover. He doesn't have injuries. Yeah, but he's walking. That's unbelievable. I got news for it. He needs to set down. He's got something. His brothers to be here for something. Maybe maybe he's got the curity cancer or something. But unless, of course Adler, he's going to find I have to find some way, of course, to beat big Pharma. But let me let me say this talk about survivor's guilt. But now listen. The first thing that hit social media was that he jumped out of the plane somehow. He was sitting on the row one of the exit rows, and he got out of the plane. That's how I survived. I find that hard to believe, but you remember that was the first narrative that got out that he jumped from the plane, like onto a building or something.
Speaker 6: I see what happened. I see why people are saying that his in what he's saying. I see why people are thinking he jumped because he exited so quickly after it crashed. But his brother was sitting beside him, and unfortunately he didn't make it, but he was on the eleven AD next to it, an emergency exit, like we talked about. He said, and I quote, thirty seconds after takeoff, there was a loud noise and then the plane crashed.
Speaker 1: That's what he says. That's right. He said. It all happened so quickly.
Speaker 6: He said that when I got up, there were bodies all around me, and I'm sorry, I had just what he said. He said, I was scared. I stood up and I ran. That's probably why people think because he was so quick, he said, there were pieces of the plane all around me, and somebody, just somebody, somebody just grabbed me and put me in an ambulance and brought me to the hospital. Unfortunately, the building they hit and everything else, it looks like fifty died on the ground. Oh yeah, how hewn and forty one of the forty two hundred and forty two, like Rick said, passed away, him being the one survivor.
Speaker 1: Well, you're on and this is what added to the jumping, and the jumping could have been. He jumped so quick, like you said, after it came to it ran out because his his seat was next to an emergency exit. Yeah, yeah, it was on that And what I heard is his brother was actually they were separated. That the brother wasn't next to him, he was somewhere else on the plane. Well, which here says he's he was sitting next to him. Okay, but in the article, but you know heard, I heard that his brother wasn't that he would they could, They didn't get to sit together on the plane. And we saw that bull offire. Yeah. How in the world, No, he guys, when you are there these these kind of crack Yeah, these kind of crashes usually have zero survivors. The fact that someone survived this is unbelievable. He's it. He's the only one I have.
Speaker 11: I have.
Speaker 6: Just what is it seventeen seconds of audio here. Uh the plane, Now this is what they're claiming, the plane that was on a previous flight. Uh, there was a recording of a passenger talking about how nothing was working.
Speaker 1: I saw that said the air condition went working. Yeah, yeah, and entertainment thing was working. And this is him here almost about the text. See this AC is not working. And as usual here TV screens are also not working. Neither this calling the Kevin that thing is working. Nothing's working, not even working. So the light, the light, the air electronics were working. Nothing was working. I don't claim to be a expert on plane maintenance, but you would think when that baby got on the ground, you go, we're having or maybe they go that happens a lot and it's not a big deal. I don't know. Maybe sometimes they lose. Yeah. And by the way, the thing about social media, and it's just heartbreaking the pictures that people are pulling out now where people are taking selfies, you know, like it that stopped before this one where they were, you know, and all these people were on this trip and you just hate it. And you see little families and things like that. It's just it's horrible. You can see the footage of the plane. It's like it's trying to put so trying so hard, can't wow. So we'll find out more. But there's the update. And as I said, the focus of the update is the loan survivor what a what incredible story. So that's out there. Of course, we're up against the break, so we won't But also Israel has decided they will not let Iran Iran continue their nuclear program.
Speaker 12: Uh.
Speaker 1: They struck facilities as a lot of you know, their time, it was in the middle of the night, like wee hours of the morning.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: For most of us in America, it was you know, before you went to bed. That started last night, around the time you were going to bed, And so that did take place. Trump said that he was aware of it beforehand. There were no surprises. They were all working together on this. He knew this was coming. Uh.
Speaker 4: And we'll unpack that. We'll unpack that a little.
Speaker 1: Bit too when we get back. But that that has happened, and Israel is bracing for Iran's response.
Speaker 13: Uh.
Speaker 1: They all the citizens got a warning, you know, stay stay where you are, getting near a bomb shelter. So they're expecting some sort of response. They feel like they can knock most of it down, but even last time, some of them still got through. Uh. They can minimize it, but they can't stop every single thing. If you if you put up the way they coordinated them, so you know there's still some danger there. But there you go. So those are the two big stories from from yesterday as far as headlines, and we'll unpack the Israel Iran thing a little more when we get back some stay close, America, thank you for being with us again today right now updating you on a few bees that have happened in the world. So we've updated you of the latest on the plane crash from California, Texa Nation Fellas, is it possible that this one survivor is Unbreakable? Remember that movie it is? It's it's uh, that's this is all gonna be an interesting story as all this unfolds. It is, Uh, that is quite the feat to survive a crash like that, the lone survivor that movie Unbreakable. That's a good movie. You didn't see it coming. You're kind of like, wow, this is a uh to Israel Net and Yahoo, we have him. He He basically informs the nation and the world that the strikes we're either underway have taken place on Iran, and here he is.
Speaker 14: Moments ago, ISRAE A launched Operation Rising Lion, a targeted military operation to roll back the Uranian threat to Israel's very survival. This operation will continue for as many days as it takes to remove this threat. For decades, the tyrants of Tehran have brazenly openly called for Israel's destruction. They've backed up their genocidal rhetoric with a program to develop nuclear weapons. In recent years, Iran has produced enough highly enriched uranium for nine atom bombs. Nine In recent months, Iran has taken steps that it has never taken before, steps to weaponize this enriched uranium, and if not stopped, Iran could produce a nuclear weapon in a very short time. It could be a year, it could be within a few months, less than a year. This is a clear and present danger to Israel's very survival. Eighty years ago, the Jewish people were the victims of a holocaust perpetrated by the Nazi regime. Today, the Jewish state refuses to be a victim of a nuclear holocaust perpetrated by the Iranian regime.
Speaker 1: I understood they just can't be trusted with this, which also elections really matter. I will never understand the Democrats and their approach to Iran. I thought, of all the things that they do that I disagree with and don't understand that's as big as it gets. This. Somehow you appease the Iranians by helping them, giving them financial aid and giving them access to money that we were holding because we thought it could be used for bad and trusting them that they would not use it to continue their nuclear capability. I've never understood the foolishness of that. So a lot of this has been corrected. And of course Israel now knows that they have an ally in the United States, and so Trump said he was informed. Now Speedy said that we also. Iran has responded with about one hundred drones, but it so far looks like that Israel was able to protect itself from all of those, but those will continue. And then of course this was some intelligence seems to show that Iran's defense mechanism was compromised for a period of time that would protect these facilities and it was down. And of course Israel's you know that their their ability to get the information they have the best intelligence in the world, and they got that, Hey it's down right now. If we ever want to take a shot at these facilities, this is the time to do it before they get it repaired. And so so that's what they did.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And in addition to the facilities, they went after individuals as well, and they were able to kill the commander in chief of the Iranian Army as well as three of the country's top generals and a and UH and an individual attack on Yeah.
Speaker 1: So so there you go. You know, so there's the update. Of course, Iran will continue to respond and as Netanyahu clearly said that, then Israel will continue to do whatever it needs to do, uh.
Speaker 4: In order to uh to protect itself.
Speaker 1: So there's your update on that, and we'll see how that escalates. You know. You you forget and I noticed when they when all this news started overnight, you forget that Israel is currently at war and has been for over six hundred days, that's right. So so this is all you know.
Speaker 6: And then and last night when all this was breaking, you know, you hear all the talking heads and former military uh you know, professionals talking about how Iran never really fights there own war outside their their their their borders. You know, they have hamas has blah, hooties and all this and and there is a concern and not to scare everybody, but for the last four years our border has been wide open. Over ten million people have walked through. Nobody knows who anybody is, and and they have pockets of of you know, I guess bad doers that could be in the US and other countries, London and every way. So everybody is heightened their their security and their awareness because you don't know how Iran is going to respond.
Speaker 4: Yeah, a new word, bad doer. That's a bad That's what I heard. That's good one.
Speaker 1: I like bad doers.
Speaker 6: I've never used like passersbys a lot about a lot of baders.
Speaker 1: Bad doers. They do bad. What they said, yeah, well to them, well that's a cousin though, But yeah, bad doer. I mean that, that's just straightforward. You get just what I'm here to do bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I remember the old all the old superhero you know, evil doers beware.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, always yes. Uh. Throwing this in just because it's it's headlines in cel TeX's nation talking about it that Antonio Brown is wanted for an alleged attempted murder after an incident at a boxing event.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 1: That here's a story. Speed. He's got it laid out here. People are texting about it, asking if we see it. Yes, we do. Here it is said he attempted murder with a gun. Uh, and there they're calling it didn't want to box. Yeah, so he's he's now under house arrest. Uh. Or he just can't get it together, can't. There's a ten thousand dollars bond. Did you guys did you know that? Before today? I'd never heard that. He's got all kinds of stuff getting paid. He just can't do it again. He is a bad doer, he ad, he is.
Speaker 5: It was at a celebrity he stopped doing bad. It was at a celebrity boxing event last month.
Speaker 1: We're hearing about it.
Speaker 3: Well, there was a video.
Speaker 5: Of the scuffle, but I didn't really get in too much into it. But now it's become clear that well, it's now alleged that Brown punched a man at the celebrity boxing event, grabbed a security guard's gun, fired two shots as he ran towards the man, crazy the man's neck. What, Yeah, you can't do that, They don't like it when you do that.
Speaker 4: No, that's bad doing. There's no doubt about it.
Speaker 3: That's a bad doer.
Speaker 1: Wow. Also from the text line Strange Encounters the podcast, all of you were talking about speak you even tell me about your son. Hearing conversations about it everywhere Someone's saying, what is the email? I had a story I wanted to send as well. Well, you could send it to any email, but normally with those, we keep it over in the Rick at Burgessministries dot com just so I can keep them all separated. Rick at burgessministries dot com. If you have those, and when I've gotten so many of those, I'm trying to make a file of them, and we will. We will not have a new one this weekend. You can go catch up on the four that are there. We will have a new one Lord Willing next weekend and even have a guest coming in that I think you'll be very interested in. So thank you for all your feedback we're getting on that, and like I said, I'm with you. I hear people talking yeah, and getting a lot of response on that. Obviously, it is an important it can be a very dangerous topic, but we're trying to make sure that it is something that's presented in the right way, not just trying to get clicks and then hoping you'll go out and make some bad decisions. Our obsession with the supernatural is probably more dangerous than good. However, to ignore it and be uneducated on it is also equally bad. So that's that's kind of where we're landing with this podcast, And thank you for the feedback you're giving us, and also thank you for the things you're sending some of the encounters that you have had and experienced. Those are helpful for us and will help you any way We can to try to give you as much advice as we can, but always from the only source that would matter, and that is the Bible. All right, we'll be back. We got a lot to cover. We've kind of updated you on here's the state of the world, and then we'll jump into other things involving all of us here on the program. Speedy and Greg had a trip together yesterday. We get an update on that. We got a Burgess ball battle coming up. Hey, Burge and your phone calls. All still ahead is the ongoing episodes of Rick and Bubba's Greatest Hits in Radio Gold those thirty one years of the Rick and Bubbas Show, wonderful years, great time, very grateful for them and remember them. Finally as we're so grateful that you do and you get Greatest Hits podcast an hour's worth and Adler has put that together for you for the last twenty one weeks and this is probably episode twenty two, I think this weekend. So if you're going to be you know, going to see Dad for Father's Day this weekend, you know, we have all kinds of content that's on demand that you can enjoy, including the greatest hits in Radio Gold of thirty one years of Rick and Bubba, a new edition out this weekend. Find that wherever you get podcasts, so Strange Encounters, Tales from the Camp House, all of that. No new episodes, but go get caught up maybe on the things you miss. There is a new archive for Wednesday Bible study from the Book of Job that's there, And of course you have the daily archives of the Rick Burgers Show that we have every single day, so you can always get caught up on that either on the YouTube channel or the podcast channel. So Father's Day coming up this weekend, so here it comes y'all take care of dad. And I had someone and I thought this was an interesting question. This comes from Eric. He says, hey, bird, do the men make the father's day we can plans for the family, or does the man lay low and let the wife and kids make plans?
Speaker 4: Must be a new dad. It's supposed to go the latter. That they should they should be handling it. But because of Dad's world, we usually end up involved in our own plans, right.
Speaker 1: And I would rather that not be the case. But sometimes if you don't watch out, it could become chaotic and you don't want that necessary. Well, I will just be completely transparent. You know. We we have come out of the gate, you know this year, you know, working on a new show, a new podcast, well, two new podcasts, original series for the YouTube channel, a new book. It's been We're running hard, I mean, and it's good. I'm glad, and I prefer I don't prefer to be run down, you know, and I but I certainly don't want to you'll be sitting around being sedentary. I just there was a time in my life I could do that and probably did that too much, and I just don't. I just don't have I can't do that anymore. I want to be doing something. And so we've done a lot. So I just I was so straightforward. Uh. Sherry came to me and she said, Okay, this has been a couple of weeks ago. Are you thinking big production? And I said that let me just stop you right there. I am.
Speaker 4: I am anti big.
Speaker 1: Production this year. Yeah. Yeah, I love everybody. Hey, love everybody, hope all all the family. Well, let's all let's all just kind of break down in smaller groups. Y'all don't have to do some big production because I know that if a big and I'm fine with this that if we do some saye, say we decided to let's get everybody, let's all go to the farm, Well that means I'm gonna have to get down there and everything ready hard to clean stuff up. We got to do all that and uh and plus then you got that on top of you trying to get it all done, you know I And I was like, I just honestly, seriously, there's no greater gift I could be given this weekend than for it to be incredibly low key. I'm talking about nothing more than whatever kids get home, get home, the others shoot me a text. That's it. Uh.
Speaker 4: And let's have a very reasonable, easy meal.
Speaker 1: I mean, and what's gonna happen to me is I've got one kid that'll get home tomorrow. Uh.
Speaker 4: And I'll just simply have dinner with he and his wife.
Speaker 1: And then another kid is coming in also and uh and and he's going to stay the weekend. I'll get to get I'll go to church with him, we'll have a reasonable lunch, and then he'll head on back. And and I'm that that's that's plenty for me. I just so sometimes in your attempt to make Father's Day two bigger production, so I would. I would.
Speaker 4: I would tell this new dad it's too late for him. I mean, it's Friday.
Speaker 1: I would. I would have just got my message to my wife and kids like I did. Let's keep it low key, because if you're not careful, you can sometimes the greatest thing you can do for dad just leave him alone.
Speaker 8: Uh.
Speaker 1: No, drama, don't don't don't that, don't need him to do anything. Just just a drama free day is number one thing.
Speaker 16: Like it.
Speaker 5: I was trying to get my Father's Day plans figured out yesterday and Aaron, my wife is trying to orchestrate getting the kids around her dad. Also, I'm orchestrating getting the kids around my dad. So uh, I said to Aaron, you know, it's it's it's your day, so you you know, you do what you think is right for you.
Speaker 3: And that got a good kick. That got a good laugh.
Speaker 5: Okay, but at the end of the day, I am having to I'm gonna play drums in church.
Speaker 3: I'm going to two lunches. I'm going to two lunches.
Speaker 1: That's feeling kind of like.
Speaker 5: And then Aaron says after that, she goes, so, what is there anything you want to do after that? And I go, no, no, thank you. It's the anniversary of Predator today, so this is yesterday. I would love for us to sit down and watch Predator and talk about Predator.
Speaker 3: That's really all I would like to do. And I'll i'll we never door dash. Let's door dash.
Speaker 5: You know, sometimes sometimes nothing is better than any you know.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Yeah, I'm doing my favorite doing nothing. My favorite meal is coming tomorrow. What simple grilled hamburgers. Yeah, Sherry's famous slaw and and and just uh. And She'll follow that with a key line pie. We're going grill burgers too, don't you love that?
Speaker 17: Man?
Speaker 1: Yes, that's just line pie. Come yeah, and then and then after church on on Sunday.
Speaker 4: Uh, on purpose.
Speaker 1: I've been avoiding salmon for I've been offered salmon everywhere I've gone, all these travels I've been going on. For some reason, everybody's trying to serve me salmon and uh and so, but I love Sherry salmon. So I've saved all salmon for this one salmon moment, and it is a great meal. I just get a little burned on salmon. But I would like I'm constantly being salmon.
Speaker 3: It's not salmon.
Speaker 1: Why does everybody want to give me salmon? I don't know why.
Speaker 3: I would like to know Sherry's uh slaw.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's good set up, and I would like to know her salmon set up, But no pressure.
Speaker 1: Piece of skin on her slaw. Her slaw is actually Nana's slaw. I'll be careful if you let it sit today because it'll get they don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: So, uh, it's good if for some reason, I don't know why, Trainer Seawan, I'm sorry. I just love to have a grilled hamburger. I love to have the purple onion. I love to I'll take the slaw and put it on the burger, and then I like something just over here is just some basic chips, and I want to have that French dip on my plate and I'll run my burger in that French dip.
Speaker 3: If you don't watch, is French dip healthy? No?
Speaker 6: No, it's not Father's Day weekend.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have a hard time finding anything that's that. The last name is dip. Yes, you're gonna have a hard time making it work on the health plant. But it's Father's Day weekend, So I'm not gonna work. No, I'm trying. I'm trying to do that thing that you can't do, and I know it's stupid. I'm trying to work out like a ton this week, but that rick that doesn't that's not gonna you can't outwork bad eating. I don't what are you doing? But I'm trying to make myself feel better about that. What's your favorite chip to dip in that?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't want to tell you.
Speaker 1: I like wavy lanes. I'm surprised you to hear Fridos aren't bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there fantastic.
Speaker 1: Right, yeah, a regular because if if I say it, Greg will do some one.
Speaker 4: I like those cape Cod chips.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're good.
Speaker 1: They're good chips, but they're not great dipping chips physically, no, physically, your hands get on that. I like the way they taste. They're a great chill. Yeah. I wish it was name something else. Yeah, we all do well, Greg. It's a place. They are good. Chip's got a light house on it. It's just a place. Yeah, yeah, kettle cook.
Speaker 3: I love the.
Speaker 1: Anxious. The streets continue to be filled with protesters, uh that are protesting, which is interesting, protesting US removing people that are in our country illegally and securing the border. This is something that seems to have upset people on the left to the point that they're trying to burn the streets, loot stores. I don't know what that has to do with a closed border and deporting people, but you know it is. It is an attempt for there to be anarchy and chaos. Not in Florida, we have. I loved this speech. I heard it yesterday. This is a Florida sheriff and I want you just to listen and this is what I love about the South. We're straightforward. You know exactly where we stand here. He is talking to all who want to misbehave in Florida.
Speaker 18: You're gonna love this, so I'm gonna I'm gonna break it down for you, all right. And if somebody wants to know what I mean by turn violent, all right, this is what I mean. If you resist loft loorders, you're going to jail. Be very clear about that. If you block an intersection or a roadway in Brevard County, you are going to jail. If you flee arrest, you're going to go to jail tired, because we are going to run you down and put you in jail. If you try to mob rule a car in Brevard County gathering around it refusing to let the driver leave in our county, you're most likely going to get run over and dragged across the street. If you spit on us, you're going to the hospital and in jail. If you hit one of us, you're going to the hospital and jail and most likely get bitten by one of our big, beautiful dogs that we have here. If throw a brick, a fire bomb, or point a gun at one of our deputies. We will be notifying your family where to collect your remains at oh wow, because we will kill you graveyard dead. We're not going to play. This has got to stop. You're watching what's taking place out there. You're seeing police officers that are being attacked, being spit on, being being put in harm's way just for doing their jobs. You're seeing ice agents that are being targeted for doing their jobs. And you're seeing obstructionists that are doing all of this standing in the way of law and order.
Speaker 1: And there we go, Hello, Florida, that's the sheriff you want to you county right there, and you know this is the hey, hey, hey, folks, if you want to act up, here are the consequences. And he gave you the categories. Oh he broke it down, no doubt what what's going to happen to you to do? So if you're having to go pick up your loved one down at the morgue, apparently he or she did those things, pointed a gun and I love the one. If you run from us, you would just be tired when you go to jail. That's if you spit on us, you'll go to the hospital. Don jail of course than the bad one. Yeah, you don't want to do that, and only only only small town South. We used the term graveyard. Did Yeah, yeah, that's true because we really want you understand what we mean. It's like a new level. Yeah, it's another. So really, throw a brick.
Speaker 5: I thought that was interesting that he said if you throw a brick, he didn't say rock, he said bricks. So maybe there's some kind of technical you know, if you that that is deadly forced, you know, throwing a brick to the police officer, which, yeah, you can kill somebody with a brick.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, you saw you saw some of the La riots. Uh you know that video where what they're doing is they're they're even breaking up the curbs and putting them in backpacks. Good then going up up top to maybe an overpass or some type of bridge and throwing them down. And you do from that height, man, it's hitting the police cars, you see where they had to abandon their police cars and get up under the overpass.
Speaker 1: Governor DeSantis doubles down. In four B. He says he is going to talk to all Floridians about a green light involving a situation of being blocked.
Speaker 4: Here's Governor DeSantis.
Speaker 12: And we also have a policy that if you're driving on one of those streets and a mob comes and surround your vehicle and threatens you, you have a right to flee for your safety. And so if you drive off and you hit one of these people, that's their fault for impinging on you. You don't have to sit there and just be a sitting duck and let the mob grab you out of your car and drag you through the streets. You have a right to defend yourself in Florida.
Speaker 1: So if people are trying to pull you out of your car or tear up your car, run over them. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Look, don't stand in the way a car.
Speaker 1: If you don't want to be run over, then don't come over attacking my vehicle and try to attack me or my family, even if it's if you do that, you're going to be run over.
Speaker 3: Yeah, walk, car is stronger in you. I don't know why people think they can push a car backwards, right, You can't.
Speaker 1: Because you can keep from being run over by continuing to peacefully protest. That's right. When you go and start tearing up people's property and look like you're trying to harm them.
Speaker 4: Then if you get run over, that's just because you're stupid.
Speaker 3: Yes, protest us on rioting are different things.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Being a violent mob I'm harming random citizens is different than protesting.
Speaker 3: That's they're not the same thing.
Speaker 1: When we come back, unscreened phone calls, the first one of the day, eight eight eight, the number six Big Vox. The lines are open and it's your turn. You can comment on what you've already heard. It doesn't have to be today, it could be at any moment. Let's get started. Hello, Hello, and welcome to unscreened phone Calls. This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 8: Go ahead, Hey, good morning, Rick. Hey, Hey, all these anarchists and all these leftists out there every barn and stuff and doing all the things. I remember back when all the b ol M and then TIFA crap was going on. I live in Burperswelle, Tennessee, and these people started coming out of Nashville, are coming into murpers Brow and stuff. Well, the people in my neighborhood we all got together, and I mean we had we have Asians, we have every kind of ethnic group you can think of. We we told people point blank, come into our neighborhood. We're ready for you. We will shoot you. We are armed, and we.
Speaker 1: We don't want to do that.
Speaker 8: Sure, but we are now going to allow this chaos in our community and Murphy's Borough pretty much. And guess what, they didn't show up. You're right, You go to places where they know they can get.
Speaker 1: By with this one hundred percent correct you you you hit on it with Murphy's Borough. Remember b l M started threatening that they were going into Suburbia until they discovered that Suburbia was armed and ready. Uh and and they left it alone. It's a it's we talked about this a thousand times, even over the Rick and Bubby years. A predator is looking for the the the easiest path to destruction where they cannot be killed or injured. If they think they can be killed or injured, and if that starts to look like that, that's likely, they don't fool with it. And that's the only way you can stop them. Everything else they see is weakness and an opportunity. That's right, sad but true. We continue Rick Burgers show unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 17: Go ahead, Hey, good morning, gentlemen, Hey buddy, Hey, did you guys see the NBC affiliate in Birmingham's little thing that they put on a couple of days ago.
Speaker 16: I think it was to or three days ago, where the somebody had organized an ice hotline that people could call in if they seen ice mobilizing, and they would get that message out to people, you know that, Hey, ice is over here, Ice is over there. Didn't know if you guys saw that.
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I sure didn't. That doesn't surprise me that there's people doing that, But I did not see that known. Well, of course you know you could, couldn't you somehow? If you're helping and abating someone breaking the law, couldn't you be pulled into being have some responsibility and all that that you would think? Yeh. We continue, Welcome to the Rick Burgers. Unscreen phone calls. Go ahead, Hey, that's a great show. Thank you man.
Speaker 9: Uh, Michael Moore has never been photographed.
Speaker 1: Rosie o'donald, could it be? That's good? We continue, unscreened phone calls. This is the Rick Birder Show. Go ahead, Hey, good more to Rick.
Speaker 3: Hey I tried.
Speaker 8: I had tacos last night and I put.
Speaker 1: That soft shell in the toaster.
Speaker 3: You go, I will not have a soft shell any other way it works smoothly nice.
Speaker 5: I thought he was going, yeah, oh it's delicious, and they don't catch on fire.
Speaker 1: Rick, You'll be all right, okay, good, I'm gonna try it that that excites me.
Speaker 3: Or just put it in the frying pan. It'll it'll crisp up real nice in a frying pan.
Speaker 1: But what about what about when he gets in that little former you can drop all the meat in it? Though? I love it.
Speaker 3: I love that it stands up on its own.
Speaker 1: That is all right, So let's us go to you, sir or ma'am Unscreen phone calls, this is the Rick Burgers Show.
Speaker 3: Hey tell us how y'all doing this morning?
Speaker 1: We're good?
Speaker 3: I hope you're all right, Yes, sir, how you?
Speaker 9: I was gonna say, what was going on with old Dickey Nadby.
Speaker 1: I ain't heard from him a little while. Well, you know, Bama, he didn't like the way a day was done.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 4: You know, he just thought that was just a glorified practice.
Speaker 1: Uh. And so you know, he doesn't have a lot really to talk about, I guess. But I'll tell you when we hit the fall if Bama shows a little promise or not. Either way, we'll hear from him. You can count on that.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I'm I'm I'm sure I'm not the only one looking forward to that. I'm I'm sure that would be a take of a review right there.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine what if some of these protesters stood stood in front of the of the Nadmirre r V. How do you think that's gonna go.
Speaker 9: I don't think it was a little too great for them.
Speaker 1: You're right, we continue. Uh, this is the Rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls.
Speaker 9: Go ahead, Hey fellows, it's Serge. Hey, sorry, Yes, I need to give a I feel like I need to apologize to Andy because after hearing his story yesterday.
Speaker 15: I feel like I'm partially responsible.
Speaker 1: Look, Andy finds his way into awkward situations. Andy is a person that's living in a world that's awkward and that's hard on secondhand embarrassment people speedy knows. Uh, you know this world is awkward.
Speaker 10: Uh.
Speaker 1: If you go out into society, it's impossible not to be in socially awkward situations. They're everywhere. Thank goodness, it's not your fault, Serge, not your fault. Thanks for the call. Sorry, We continue. Rick Birders Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Hey, you just want to say, I'm loving the news show. I think it's better than ever. I'm loving the book real Man, Don't Run the Rain. It is awesome and I'm one of Gregg's minions. The five Alabama chapter, you have a good.
Speaker 4: Greg, that's one of your stronger chapters.
Speaker 1: You talk about the City of Champions and some of you don't may have heard of that community because gosh, that's been a long time ago, but there was a there were cattle mutilations there, and there was there was a UFO, there was that aliens had come there. Yeah, so they were national there for a while. We can change, they can, Rick Bird just show unscreen phone calls, go ahead, Man.
Speaker 8: I just want to tell y'all have a Friday, and I hope y'all have a heck of a weekend.
Speaker 1: How about you? Do you have a big weekend plan? But we lost him. That was just a just I mean, he was just a don't you love somebody calls in just like that? Yeah, I do, Like you just want to hang out with him, you know what. There's just a little bit of Joe there though, just a little I mean, you're not full blown, not full blown. This kind of y'all to have a good weekend.
Speaker 2: I hope your Father's Day.
Speaker 1: You kind of run out. You've got your own version of I just want to get old. Sometimes, Tadler don't want to take a brands because you don't want to miss his point. Up, he'll go right, he'll go to failure.
Speaker 6: Look, when you're working out, you're spaking of that.
Speaker 1: We need a jiu jitsu. Updated. Chris Adler went back in. I saw I saw him in his geil, I saw him in his ge we'll update next. Oh my goodness. Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. Unscreen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Good morning, many buddy.
Speaker 11: I just want to say that I don't know if you guys remember, I'm sure you do. Uh the brower cant of sheriff just a minute ago, that clip, Uh, the first thing came to mind Earl Pits native American redneck.
Speaker 1: Yes, let me tell you that was yeah to me, there's no doubt that he influenced that. It sounds like, oh yeah, I was a fan, me too.
Speaker 10: It's off.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the rick Burgers Show. On screen phone calls, go ahead.
Speaker 8: I'll tell you what I just called back. I didn't know y'all was asking questions.
Speaker 1: We're not. We're not asking questions, but you can if you want, you can.
Speaker 3: Would you why I get gone?
Speaker 8: Y'all trying to ask me a question?
Speaker 9: What I have planned this weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, ma'am.
Speaker 8: If I told you what I'm doing, y'all probably manned me for life on this show.
Speaker 1: Good for you, buddy, Yeah, okay, Well we don't have to know so well.
Speaker 8: I hope y'all have a heck of a weekend.
Speaker 1: Enjoy. I think compared it is also I have to compare to him. I want him to call every Thursday. Every Friday is a good week our Thursday. Who cares little Friday?
Speaker 3: Is he a father? Or is he a criminal?
Speaker 14: Like?
Speaker 6: Why why didn't we hear about it?
Speaker 15: Bank?
Speaker 1: I told y'all bad?
Speaker 2: Y'all want to.
Speaker 4: Welcome on screen phone calls Rick Birders show.
Speaker 1: Go ahead.
Speaker 15: I just want to say good morning to everybody today and say it's great to be an American. I love the Ricky Barba show. My name is too No and shout out to Holy coly.
Speaker 1: Golly. I love it?
Speaker 4: What did good?
Speaker 1: We're all about that? On scream phone call things about the best thing I've had people saying, why did y'all ever do any other way? Why did y'all ever do an I got a credit speeding. He came up with it to kick off. Okay, we'll come back to Adler has gone back to Brazilian jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: Look at yours.
Speaker 1: Ah, those chicks were like, he's back, He's beat him up. Yeah. Also, Greg, I keep seeing this and Adler it seems to have the trailer space balls too. The first one, well, we thought it was silly.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess show.
Speaker 1: Adler couldn't help but notice yesterday uh uh yep, the Ge was on ye that with his duffel bag looking tall Washington, and he made sure that I knew the announcement. He came by my office. Hey, burd just so you know, headed to a jiu jitsu while wearing these Gee, if you need anything, I'll be at jiu jitsu.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, no, I didn't come by.
Speaker 5: In fact, you you were going to the grocery store and you came and knocked on this door right here, and I yelled through the door, I'm in my underwear.
Speaker 3: If you want to come in, you can.
Speaker 5: But I'm in my underwear because I was actually getting I was getting the gee on at that time, and so that's why you saw it. Rick, I didn't make an extra trip to go buy.
Speaker 4: Oh wait a minute, I'm confusing.
Speaker 1: That was actually the day before that you stopped in the doorframe of my office when I was talking to my mom on the on the phone. Yes, it was. That was a different day. Okay, two different days. Yeah, I'm putting those two together.
Speaker 3: But I was not in a gee at that time.
Speaker 5: Because this is my first time back to jiu jitsu in in probably four or five.
Speaker 3: Or six weeks, I honestly lost track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if the audience is wondering, I took the choice of not opening the door. Yeah, you choose, certainly, it's Pride month, but I didn't do it.
Speaker 6: After he was dressed. He slung that door. Oh yeah, and he stood there with his double bag.
Speaker 1: I'm headed out, headed out and heard it out. Yeah. Do you like do you like stopping? Like going to stores and stuff when you have a g.
Speaker 3: Oh, I've had to do it before.
Speaker 5: I've had to I had to get I had to go to a home improvement store on the way home one time.
Speaker 3: Had to needed to wait a minute.
Speaker 1: So I remember, Greg, Greg, you do too, go ahead and us admit it speedy. I don't know, but I'm just assuming. I remember when I was like playing Little League or something, and if mom said you got to come in the grocery store with me, and I was in uniform, batting in the fourth position, walking through the grocery store starting for headed to the mall next me and my little brother got s uniform a check us out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I've had this.
Speaker 5: I've had to get groceries before, which is very hard because you don't have pockets with those pants on.
Speaker 1: You got to carry your wallet in your hands.
Speaker 3: And so you're carrying your wallet and your keys and your phone in your hand. It's a tough situation. Do you think like, plus you're so sweaty and red faced?
Speaker 1: Do you think like, do you think like maybe elderly and single women in the grocery store when they see you in the gi they're like, oh, thank goodness, yes if.
Speaker 4: Something breaks out.
Speaker 3: Those martial arts karate man.
Speaker 6: So they have a locker room. You can't change into shorts before you leave or anything.
Speaker 5: I mean, they do they do have They have like a couple of little stalls. They even have a shower, But I just I don't like showering. I don't shower at the gym. I don't like showering at the gym. I like to shower at my house for thirty minutes and think about how I just got destroyed by everyone at jiu jitsu. In fact, I've got a I recorded a little video. Yeah it's real quick here here I am at at jiu jitsu yesterday.
Speaker 3: I am.
Speaker 8: I used to get beat up at school, so I started jiu jitsu, and now I get beat up at school.
Speaker 2: And that is so good for giving me no warning on that.
Speaker 3: Yeah good. I did not throw up yesterday. I did not soil my pants. So that was that was those That was my two goals going into jiu jitsu yesterday was to not do that, and I was successful in that, So that was a win.
Speaker 5: You know, you got to you gotta find we gotta find victories.
Speaker 1: Did you did you ease back into it like you want to work out if you when you haven't been working out in a while, or did you try to go full throttle day one?
Speaker 5: Well, I mentioned to you guys, if I life happens if I take a week or two off, I have to then work out on my own at my house, uh, to get back into it, to ramp up to getting back to jiu jitsu, which I which I had done.
Speaker 3: So I went pretty hard yesterday.
Speaker 1: Was prepared.
Speaker 3: But to work in Yeah, so I went pretty hard yesterday.
Speaker 1: It was good.
Speaker 5: But but the I had not been smashed and smushed and cranked like that in in almost two months, y'all. The amount of like clicks and pops like my ear drum pop, my neck, my shoulder, my ear elbow, all kinds of things that had not been smashed. And it's you know, you know, you're very cracky when your opponent is like you're good, You're good, okay, and then keeps you know, like you.
Speaker 1: They think you got injured because you don't want to hurt your you're making body noise.
Speaker 3: You don't want to hurt your important.
Speaker 1: We're not talking about Greg body noises. We're talking about bones. And yeah, uh you.
Speaker 5: Wait, your opponent's kind of giving you like a second look, but then you keep your no I'm good, that's just normal, like just knocking the dust off sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the gang all here, Speedy Greg Adler. We're all back at Master Control. I am looking forward to and look, there's been all kinds of interviews and things that I've had the pleasure of doing for the book Men Don't Run in the Rain, and now of course in our store the shirt men Don't Run in the Rain. Uh. But this has been really, really a lot of fun. And some of the podcasts, obviously they're recorded and then they come out later. Some of those are dropping this week wherever you get podcasts. The Art of Manliness really enjoyed the conversation we had. That one dropped this week, and a lot of you been waiting on that one. So that one is out there wherever you get podcasts, and of course seven hundred Club their archive is out there, we have that for you too. But I get an opportunity today with our old friend Andy Andrews. So when we wrap up today, Lord Willing, Sherry and I are going to go to beautiful Orange Beach and hang out with Andy and his wife, and he and I will do a podcast together. I think I'm going to do some stuff for Wisdom Harbor. We'll have some fellowship some time together, eat some delicious fresh seafood, and then work our way back and then tomorrow for those of you, and I think there's over a three hundred and fifty of you that are coming to to my home church tomorrow.
Speaker 4: For our Father's Day breakfast.
Speaker 1: Jared Hudson, who's been on the show and it's just announced he's running for Senate to take Tubroville's place. He's coming to speak to our men Covenant Rescue, his ministry rescuing people out of the darkness and the wickedness of the sex trade industry. He'll be addressing our men tomorrow for that breakfast. It's free. If you want to join us, you can. So that's going on tomorrow and then of course the rest of the weekend.
Speaker 4: Hope all of you have a great Father's Day.
Speaker 1: So and I think Andy said his I think he said his podcast. They record them and usually they release them on Tuesdays, so I don't know if it'll be coming out next Tuesday, but I'll be able to tell you that on Monday's show. So anyway, so looking forward to that today too. Now, now, Speedy, I see Greg, have you noticed it. He's gathering stuff. This is probably means he's gonna look at you and me and say, here's things that y'all don't care about but you should. Oh, it's become a new segment on the program. The audience can be updated on things they might care about. But Speedy knows that while he's updating them that you and I don't care, but he thinks we should care. Yeah, and then Adler kind of is somewhere out there in this. Yeah, he not fully committed, but probably not as not as uninterested as you and I are.
Speaker 3: I just I'm just sometimes care. Sometimes I pretend to CARENI like y'all.
Speaker 6: This is this is my attempt just to get have y'all be a little bit more well rounded. And that's fair because just miss Greg and I don't like many things.
Speaker 1: Now what we like, we're really into.
Speaker 6: Her eighties, eighties, eighties rock and college football.
Speaker 1: He's got a little bit further, maybe a couple. Yeah, I just wanted it. I didn't say category.
Speaker 6: I didn't say things had to be at that level.
Speaker 1: I didn't say it had to be at that level. You can also throw in documentaries, Oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Buying the music, food, grill brill with this one here, Greg's been talking about the twenty twenty five FIFA club World Cup starts to that soccer. Yeah, the United States will host twelve venues across the country, sixty three matches, thirty two teams. It'll open up tomorrow hard Rock Hard Rock Stadium, South Florida, Miami VERSUS Egypt.
Speaker 1: All right, soccer solider, Can I ask you an uncomfortable question? I'm almost I don't know that I should ask you because it's one of these things I don't think I want to know. And if you want to protect me, you can just say, fine, is there any of the Big Three? Okay, football, of any level basketball, any level baseball? I'm even going to put in women's softball? Are any of the things I just mentioned? You like soccer better than them? Yeah? Oh oh wow.
Speaker 3: Women's softball? You want me to like that better than the most popular sport in the world.
Speaker 1: Oh good night. It's more people in the world play because it's cheap. Look, you can't they don't have any money.
Speaker 3: You can't spell socialism without soccer? Is true, there is, That's why it's so good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and and and these stadiums will be sold out, so so.
Speaker 1: What ten thousand flies will tell me that dunk tastes good, but it's not. I mean, I'm gonna eat it.
Speaker 6: All I'm doing is presenting the story. So, I mean, is this the big World Cup thing? It's ever so many years? It's the twenty twenty five FIFA Club World Club World Cup Championship.
Speaker 1: Don't they only do it ever how many?
Speaker 3: But it starts in twenty twenty six?
Speaker 1: Oh no, is it?
Speaker 6: I thought it was twenty twenty five club. It says here there's a schedule. It starts tomorrow.
Speaker 1: If you're wrong, I won't to make fun of you because I want to.
Speaker 4: I'll even be glad that you're wrong. Yeah, because I don't know.
Speaker 6: It clearly has twenty twenty five. Here, I was going off the headline. Do they played this every four years? That tell me you're not interested in that.
Speaker 1: I'm not.
Speaker 5: The real World Cup is Thursday, June eleventh, twenty twenty sixth through.
Speaker 6: This is the the Club World Cup. This is this is different, so it's not the country club.
Speaker 1: Evening. Also, like the national teams.
Speaker 6: The Patriots have unveiled the Tom Brady statue. It's going to come out on August the eighth.
Speaker 4: Peaking some interest.
Speaker 6: Okay, this was announced, Okay.
Speaker 1: They look funny. I mean it did look like who they're supposed to look like.
Speaker 6: This. This was announced on six twelve, Okay, that was what. Let's look at it yesterday. That's known as Tom Brady Day. It represents the number of Super Bowl championships six and his jersey number twelve. As Tom Brady Day. The Patriots announced that that the stadium will debut Tom Brady's statue on August the eighth.
Speaker 1: Okay, so they yeah, because they won't give him his seventh super Bowl, which was with the Buccaneers. Then this is Patriots Country.
Speaker 6: It'll be one twelve NBA Finals tonight, seven thirty Central, ABC, Game four Indiana. Indiana leads over the Thunder two to one in the.
Speaker 1: Sun and we'll watch one thing.
Speaker 6: Caser's Thunder Greg seven nhluh. The Oilers beat Florida for five to four in overtime. The series is now tied to two. Out of the first four games, three of them have finished in overtime.
Speaker 1: This is one of those things that now you have to act like you're interested in Yes, I am really not ye, but you have to when people ask you about it, especially when your fun places where it's not big. You got to go, oh, yeah, yeah, here's.
Speaker 3: That moment, Greg, I know you want to see it.
Speaker 4: And our culture. No one ever asked me about it.
Speaker 6: Now, Florida was winning this game three nothing, yes, and Edmundson combat and tied. It went to extra an extra period and Edmonton won five to four.
Speaker 1: Over time, the epictures.
Speaker 3: Two games to peace.
Speaker 1: So there you got serious, all tied up. You're a Canadian. This is a big deal. Yeah, they're fired up about it real quick.
Speaker 6: College Baseball World Series starts today one o'clock central on ESPN, Arizona Coastal Carolina, and then the notcap is UH Louisville, UH and Oregon State and then tomorrow Murray, Murray State, U s l.
Speaker 1: U c l A plays and l s U and Arkansas.
Speaker 3: I thought the world I thought the World Series was in October.
Speaker 6: This is college baseball, buddy, college.
Speaker 1: Base This is different. This is what happens when you were the man and try to get with speedy. I will say everything you've mentioned, I got one more, Oh there's more, just and this is it? Uh, there was an albatrosh yesterday, Rick and the US Open. I thought there was a four extinct, My brother, how much that's the Dodo bird, Yes, Dodo, it's only the fourth time in US Open history this is this has been done.
Speaker 6: Basically, this means someone got a two on a par five and it's Patrick Reid. He is uh, he's a two hundred. He's two hundred something out. Uh and he's got looks like maybe a three or five wood in his hand off and uh and he and he makes it from us.
Speaker 1: Just happened.
Speaker 11: At the fourth Patrick Reid at his second from two hundred and eighty six yards away to Mayby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, guys, guys in the hole.
Speaker 6: He's so far, he's so far back he doesn't even know that he dunked it.
Speaker 1: Now, yeah two, he can't believe it. No, you said so far away, he doesn't know if you made it.
Speaker 6: It's like a it's a double eagle, that is what it is. Uh No, I don't think he's in the league. But it's only the fourth time, uh it ever happened in.
Speaker 1: US Open history. So he wins, and he's a he's a live guy. So a lot of people think he sucks.
Speaker 6: And he's evil, but he's he's one of the guys from Live Patrick Reeg.
Speaker 5: So thank you for telling us about that thank you for telling us about that stuff.
Speaker 1: Just you know, thanks kimming it just skimming.
Speaker 3: The services doesn't care.
Speaker 10: Now this is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Thank you for being with us today, America. I should come the box seat. I didn't have to clarify on text Nation. Uh, you actually have the rule wrong. The new addition to Burgess ball battle is the loser spends first, and it's like, let's make a deal. The winner can now take their prize from them uh and and walk away or say no to it, and then risk that their spend might be something even less valuable, like money or something or not money. Like say the loser spun some prize and then it's pretty good. You turn it down, you go for money, you don't get it, and you end up with Henry the Horse, no offense, something like that. The text are saying that they think the loser gets the prize if the winner turns it down, they do not the loser.
Speaker 4: No, the loser gets nothing nothing.
Speaker 1: That's the point of being a loser. All this is the winner is now picking which prize they want to take, take the safe prize the loser spun, or see if they can spend something better. And the losers seeing what they would have got it, and the loser is seeing what they could have had if they'd only won.
Speaker 5: In a lot of ways, you're given the winner two spins. Correct, that's so really kind of you.
Speaker 1: Guys, you know, unless and you decide whether two spins put you in a.
Speaker 4: Better situation, yes, or a worse situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The loser gets nothing.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, So we're going to change it up from time to time, just don't keep it interesting.
Speaker 1: Right now, this is working.
Speaker 5: What if the loser spun five hundred in the winter's like, no, I'm going for a thousand this and then it lands on like Henry the Horse or something.
Speaker 1: Anybody that thinks they can upgrade the money. No way, that's somebody. You know what I will show you. Oh we didn't know they had a gambling problem. We didn't know what. We give them a hot line or something. I'm all in taxtonation, also saying text Nation also saying that you've inspired other people at their offices to get fish bowls with their own mister chin. Yeah that's great. Look at that head. Yeah that's a different color one. Yeah, it's a different chin.
Speaker 3: Let's beyond everybody sees that the first thing.
Speaker 1: I thought that our chin.
Speaker 6: Let's be honest, I don't pay enough attention to mister chin. He could have switched him out and I wouldn't know it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: You can roll the tape.
Speaker 1: How much to eat mister chin?
Speaker 6: Sound okay, it's not fifty.
Speaker 1: For about three to seventy five sixty.
Speaker 3: He's hiding in his chest while we're talking about that. He's like, don't eat me. I'm hiding here. Is he inside there?
Speaker 1: Yes, you don't eat me.
Speaker 3: I'm hiding here.
Speaker 1: I thought he was Asian.
Speaker 3: I did too.
Speaker 1: You have to swallow him alive or do you buy him? Right? Oh?
Speaker 9: Boy?
Speaker 3: You want to buy him. You don't want him swimming around in your belly?
Speaker 1: I know, I want to How long you last? What that feels like? I don't know, think about him swimming around in you.
Speaker 3: You've never swallowed a goldfish. That surprises me.
Speaker 1: I know that is surprising the entire string too, and you pull it back out. I don't remember.
Speaker 15: Yeah.
Speaker 1: By the way this is, I'm going to say to you, knowing you speedy. Look, thank goodness for redemption for all of us. But I'm just saying knowing you. It's like these people that get all bold that claim they would never eat a cat, and I'm like, you probably have yeah, right, you know I never eat a cat not knowing. I'm not saying you did it on purpose, but you've probably eaten one. Yeah. Uh I say that about this. You have swater to go fish? Yeah, you don't remember it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, And that's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I don't remember, but I promise you good chance. I promise you you have right. Yeah, and look, I'm willing to swallow a quail egg. Followed by mister chin. Oh, hey, the quail eggs are good. Oh yeah?
Speaker 3: Were we supposed to refrigerate those?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Listen. I used to go into those stores and mold gas stations. They'd have a big jar sitting on the counter and you get the egg at a time. But you don't know that same thing. I don't know, uh Adam. I'm gonna shift now now to to five. Okay, So so looking at this headline, I will And we've talked about this before. This has been an ongoing thing all the way back to the Rick and Bubba days. I don't know who you people were that that went out and said I'm gonna protect and I want the numbers to be overwhelming for alligators and sharks. I don't know why you did that. I'm okay with us not letting them go extinct, fine with that. Asting back bout this. We got too many sharks. Wait, sharks. You can't even swim anymore. I mean, sharks are everywhere. Sharks out, They're everywhere. My god. And if this doesn't get us, you know a lot of times if a shark takes out like somebody, you know, like a white guy, people, let me tell you something, U you know, a surfer. But right now we've got a shark that is chewed off a little nine year old girl's hand. Well, do I have to watch this chewed her hand on?
Speaker 3: It's gonna it's a newspackage.
Speaker 4: It's a newspackage. You're all right here.
Speaker 3: It is courtesy of w P B F.
Speaker 9: Lord.
Speaker 13: That happened, and the water is a Boca grand The family says. Leah Lindele that was the girl's name, went underwater to snorkel and came up from the water screaming.
Speaker 11: Still.
Speaker 13: Her mother was nearby, but she says she couldn't help right away because she was carrying her two toddlers. Some good Samaritans heard the mother scream for help and ran over to the little girl. They pulled her from the water. One of them said they spotted an eight foot long bull shark.
Speaker 3: The bullshit see the little girl crying.
Speaker 5: So when we see that little girl caming out from the water on hand, it was like something out late gets me, gets me, like everybody was in shock.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, man with no hang Suddenly I showed up Richard.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm, what he's here perfectly legal?
Speaker 13: I know.
Speaker 4: Have you not seen the Mexicans who are here legal saying they're with America?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yeah, they've had magahat something. Yes, what about they were trying to loot a Mexican man's grocery store.
Speaker 6: Yes, and west kind of Let you know, they don't know what there's it's just a.
Speaker 1: Bunch of antarchurs handle and they all need to be dealt with. By the way, But once again bull sharks. It's they'll come into shallow water, he'll go into fresh water. Yeah that's fair. Who is saying let's have more bullshark? Oh?
Speaker 3: Look, they they were able to save her hand.
Speaker 1: Praise god.
Speaker 3: It was nearly completely severed.
Speaker 1: I thought the bull shark had in his mouth.
Speaker 3: I did too, but they swam off. Well, she had, she had reconstructive surgery.
Speaker 1: That's good.
Speaker 3: What if you're the guy six hour surgery, six hours surgery.
Speaker 1: Imagine that you're that guy that could do that. Or it could be a game. That's really amazing.
Speaker 3: He's probably a guy, but I'm a guess.
Speaker 1: But listen, we're hearing about shark bites, shark attacks, shark nearly got me. It's like every time we it's like every day. It seems like. Now, think about there was a time when someone getting hit by a shark in the swimming area was you had never heard that. Now out there you know when you get out. But now the swimming area is a.
Speaker 3: Problem, y'all.
Speaker 5: They the surgeons managed to reattach her hand. They had to get arteries from her leg to get the blood flow back to her hand. They installed pins in the bones. She still has open tissues. They'll be monitoring her for a week at least, but thank god, she can move her finger.
Speaker 1: My goodness, amazing. Hold up to all right, We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, thumbs up.
Speaker 1: More show right after this speeding. I want you to take the ball, basket basketball, and I want you to stand behind this thing here. You got to peek around it. If you hit this shot, If you hit this SHOT's gotta eat mister chin.
Speaker 3: Hard.
Speaker 1: It's a hard shot.
Speaker 3: Guys. We joked about this, but.
Speaker 1: No, just one shot. One shot. No, well, and good for you because you know there's some people that don't. That's all right. So you get behind this this pillar. You gotta stand and if you make the shot, I gotta eat. Mister Greg has to eat.
Speaker 3: Fish. Nobody's eating my fish.
Speaker 1: We can get another one. You might need to swallow. No one, one shot. It's mister chin Okay, that are you watching? Ohness, that was so couch. Now you know you can't shoot another one. I mean that was very call you.
Speaker 2: That would have been, that would have been, that would have been chin.
Speaker 3: We said, we said one. We said one, sir mister from across the room, because we would get in so much trouble. Number number two. Actually it would make me sad, now, it would make me sad. No, give me going to get him, give me the name.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, no, I clearly said, I clearly said one shot. Yes, what he was doing Rick at the second shot. He was the loser, spinning the wheel. That don't count. Look, you hit it, but you gotta get first when you kind of got to get the film. Well, I know, that's why I didn't want it to be easier. I mean, if we're talking about eating court shot, if we're talking about we're talking about eating mister chin, it's gotta be a difficult shot really with no warman. What about if I do this one then Adler has eat it. No, that's a new one.
Speaker 3: You can eat it. That's need. That's what you can do.
Speaker 1: How about this, it's it's that's sickening, making Adler eat his own fish.
Speaker 3: Thank you?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 9: Greg?
Speaker 3: Along with you?
Speaker 1: Greg eating it? That's fine? Yeah, I guess he is a little close to him.
Speaker 3: That's not fine.
Speaker 1: Why all the pool off of him?
Speaker 9: Greg?
Speaker 4: Everything?
Speaker 1: He swims in it? I know he does. So I made it.
Speaker 3: That was you made it.
Speaker 1: You made the second shot, which everybody knows. You get to a bit of a participation. What if I just put mister in my man taking back out, put him back in the Yeah, would allow that two legs turn over? Put him concerned?
Speaker 15: I have there?
Speaker 1: There's no telling what kind of bactery up. It's there's no.
Speaker 3: He's you do an impression of it.
Speaker 1: When you were balking him physically, you might want to beat you know, most fish. Let me, you know, let me, let me. Let me just say this. I don't speak for all fish. I'm going to go on record that was zero hesitation. Don't like be eaten. No, no, I'd be like a shark. Yeah, okay, okay, all right, all right, his.
Speaker 3: Treasure chests because of what you talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought it was like a double or nothing kind of thing. Nobody said that.
Speaker 4: Nobody said that.
Speaker 3: You just always change it, you always add to.
Speaker 1: So let's look at seven. Greg. You said you didn't like the first Star Wars Star Wars documentary space Balls.
Speaker 9: You didn't like.
Speaker 1: I thought it was silly. You didn't like it. They don't like all right, so you don't care about it because balls are in it. So it looks like Spaceballs too is coming to theaters, not to twenty twenty seven. Why would we be looking at it?
Speaker 3: Yes, miranis is coming out of now, well he's coming out of retirement. For let's have a look, all right, And I'm gonna have to read it because it's just the intro.
Speaker 1: Why are we playing it?
Speaker 9: All right?
Speaker 1: We're gonna get busted for this music.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 5: Thirty eight years ago there was only one Star Wars trilogy, but since then there have been a prequel trilogy.
Speaker 3: A sequel trilogy, a sequel to the prequel, a prequel to the.
Speaker 5: Sequel, countless TV spinoffs, a movie spin off of the TV spinoff, which is both a prequel and a sequel, not to mention, two Dunes, seven Jurassic Parks, two avatars plus three upcoming avatars, making five avatars.
Speaker 3: Thirty six Marvel Marvel movies. Any who. The whole point of this is, and all this time we've gotten all this stuff.
Speaker 5: We've gotten a live action Lion King, an animated lion King, their live action lion King.
Speaker 3: Eight Harry Pottery Mottern movies.
Speaker 1: Okay, you get the idea of stuff.
Speaker 5: There's been seven alien movies, and two of which were also Predator movies, not to be mistaken for the six predator movies that are also not alien movies. Uh and but in thirty eight years there's only ever been one Spaceballs.
Speaker 1: There's a reason for that. Greg, I really think you'd be so negative on this. I don't I really didn't so, but I thought that all the list there was where else you ain't got a clip?
Speaker 3: No, they're just getting started.
Speaker 4: They're just this is the teams.
Speaker 1: I had to go back rewatch the first one I don't remember started.
Speaker 3: Here's us Brooks, the one who wrote it. Yes, that's is that really? Yes, he's likes some.
Speaker 1: Of Mail Brooks stuff when I was younger.
Speaker 3: But oh my gracious, he's old.
Speaker 1: That's gius. How long he's been around? Why are you all surprised he's old? How old is it he's got to be ninety, No.
Speaker 3: He's yeah, I think he's close to ninety.
Speaker 6: But this is here's the pretty fun He just went veneers up top.
Speaker 3: Well, buddy, okay, let's just people's physical appearances bleaching on the bottom.
Speaker 1: After forty years, we asked, wow, what do the fans want? But instead we're making this movie. That's funny. He is, he's good.
Speaker 4: Mail Brooks is funny.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, times, yeah, at times he has his moments. Wow, boy, I tell you it's an uphill climb if you won't get Greg involved in space and Mail Brooks apparently in general. Yeah, really did he do Blazing eight?
Speaker 4: He did blazing. I give him a past, Greg.
Speaker 3: It was a different time, but most in his History of the World Part one.
Speaker 1: I barely remember that, but I think I like it.
Speaker 4: It's good to be king.
Speaker 1: I think, oh, remember we had the Ten Commandments. They actually had more than he dropped about.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I still don't like spaceballs, but I like his other stuff. He's ninety eight by the remember that anxiety was him. Yeah, and you're gonna be your negative. No, I told you it's just spaceballs. I'm not big on Okay, Greg, Well then leave it there. But you went after mail Black, Greg, he did Robinhood men in.
Speaker 3: Time, Robinhood many tye is.
Speaker 1: A class question, prod.
Speaker 6: I know things can be too silly for you, and that's this category here. It's just too silly.
Speaker 1: Where are you on things like Anchorman and all that? You think stuff like that? That airplane was that too silly? It should have been. I liked it, Alan and niked gun.
Speaker 6: Okay, I was gonna go there, nex Yeah, should it should be in the category of silly, But I really like it.
Speaker 3: Okay, Sorry, it's great.
Speaker 1: Apologized for when airplane came out when we were kids. Rememory. We thought that was the funniest thing that ever happened. Ever it is. Look all right, let me ask you this. You were in Leslie Nilson. Come on, it's funny. Do you think if you like Star Wars more and you were into it, this would be funnier? You know my relationship with Star Wars. I'll watched the first one and I think the second one, and I've never watched. I've never seen any of I call them nine hundred prequel sequel, even the original six or whatever it was. I was the first two is all I watched. What's that Star Wars? Yeah? Yeah, I didn't watch It took me years to even watch it. I had zero interest in it. I had to be I had to go back and go, Okay, I should have pay attention to this, but I didn't. I don't go beyond the two first, the first two. I got caught in the hype. I was a kid, I think one time, you know at school that had the little book clubs you could order books. I even ordered the Star Wars book. What.
Speaker 3: Here's a quick clip from Spaceball.
Speaker 1: I was strictly cowboys and Indians.
Speaker 3: Here's a quick clip from Spaceballs if you guys want it quick, and I see your schwartz is as big as mine all right in the world.
Speaker 1: Can I can I do it again? If I make it, he's got to eat it.
Speaker 15: No, No, I don't know.
Speaker 10: He was the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Are you not wanting some updates? And what happened with this plane crash yesterday?
Speaker 4: How did it happen?
Speaker 1: What happened? Speculation? Yeah, I know it's but but we have a lot of pilots in the audience, and and they're talking to people, uh that that fly and know here's a former pilot. He'll talk to us a little bit. First added the new you want to show the new footage first year. So we all have seen the one that was just a little clip. This is a little more extended now, Adler.
Speaker 3: It's the full flight. Yeah, it's the full from from takeoff to this.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we haven't seen this.
Speaker 6: Right there, they think they're fine at the end of the runway and now it's it's it's lifting off and we've.
Speaker 1: All any of you have flown, you know that feels pretty good right there. You think you've got it and it is going up, but it's it's Uh, it did seem to labor just a little. Huh. He cannot he cannot, he can't. He does not have the power.
Speaker 5: And there it goes down right now, it's starting to go Downhi.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, now it's just it's just falling. Now.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's just such a terrible and he's trying so hard.
Speaker 5: You can see it's like the nose is pointed up. It's not pointed down. The nose is pointed up, and it is not going.
Speaker 1: Guy surviving?
Speaker 3: Is that I can't get Look at the size of the fireball.
Speaker 1: Listen, the one survivor is an amazing story. We talked about that earlier in the show. So we do have a captain and I'm always I always want to hear from these men or women that that do this, you know, or have done it for a long time. Usually they can they do a pretty good job of going that looks like, you know, they know the deal. So this is former pilot Captain Steve. He's going to talk about some possible scenarios that would lead to a malfunction like this, and so here he is.
Speaker 19: Take a look at what we see and I'm going to stop it here as the airplane comes into the frame, the airplane looks to be kind of normal. But what we do know is this, the landing gear is still down. Now this this airplane is well beyond the point of rotation and climb out where they would have raised the gear. That's done at about fifty feet off the ground. And so more on that in a minute. What we also see is both engines. We don't know if they're producing thrust. But what we don't see out of the engines in any sort of flame, any sort of sparks. We don't see any indication that they're not operating normally. Now, everybody's been talking about a power loss, and I've watched a bunch of videos and people on the different channels talking about this, and they say, well, it was a power loss and that's why the airplane descended and crashed. Let me be specific with this. This was a loss of lift. It could have been caused by a power loss. So that's theory number one, is that they lost power on both engines that caused the loss of lift. The airplane stopped flying. It started flying at one point it was flying normally as the nose lifted off before they raised the gear. The airplane lost lift and stopped flying. What would have caused that, Well, if both engines failed, it was just one of two things. Either they ran through a flock of birds and basically destroyed both engines at once. The reason I don't think that's a likely theory is we don't see any birds in the picture. It would have had to be a lot of birds to follow out both engines, and we don't see any indications coming out of the back of the engine that that happened. You'd see flames, you'd see sparks, you'd see something. As those engines were kind of coming apart. It's smoke at a minimums, so you don't see any of that stuff. It looks as though the engines are intact and they're running. They could have both flamed out because of fuel contamination. That's the one thing that both engines would have in common, is the fuel. The problem with that theory, at least in my opinion, is that as they pushed up the power to go down the runway, they would have had the indications of a sputtering engine if the fuel had been contaminated. There's no indication that they did. They rolled down the runway and I'll show you that video in a minute, they rotate at the normal speed, they take a nose up attitude, which is really normal for that airplane at that speed. Everything else happens after that. I don't think they lost power on the interest. Now we could find out in a day or two that's exactly what happened and that's what caused the loss of lift. But that's theory number one. Theory number two is that they took off without the flaps out. They took up with flaps up. The problem with that and it would it would be indicative of way the airplane kind of wallowed into the air and then came back down. The problem with that theory is this, they would have had to get through two complete checklists right and not put the flaps down, because two checklists on that airplane, and they're electronic checklists, they're integral to the airplane.
Speaker 1: It's not like a paper checklist that you hold.
Speaker 19: So the airplane literally will not let you taxi out and take off without the flaps deployed properly for that weight in that airport.
Speaker 1: That you're at.
Speaker 5: It goes on to say that the black box is really going to be the way that we really know what actually happened.
Speaker 3: It's just a black box.
Speaker 1: Here's the mayday call that he had.
Speaker 3: Oh you found it nice.
Speaker 6: It says it says may day no thrust losing power on a to lift is and if the the pilot had eighty two hundred hours of flying experience, he issued the mayday call seconds before the crash. The co pilot had about eleven hundred hours of experience. It was reportedly about four hundred feet off the ground when both engines lost power. That's according to this Fox News story. But more will come.
Speaker 3: Out and they're calling it the rarest of the rare plane crashes And man, what a just a horrible tragedy it is.
Speaker 1: And it's the lone survivor.
Speaker 9: I just.
Speaker 1: We got bits and pieces of his story. But when he gets out of the hospital, I want him to tell me the whole thing, the whole thing. Walk to the ambulance and Adler, I didn't notice that throughout the pilot, former pilot with all kinds of expertise, that you were agreeing along with him, Like you knew that as well? Right, I do know a lot. Do you know a lot about this?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Were growing up in Texas.
Speaker 5: My best friend to we're always back to His dad flew for Southwest and he was a pilot too. We would ride in his single engine cessant all the time. I would ride with my but it was me and my buddy who was my age, and we would ride in.
Speaker 1: So your expertise to go along. There was like eight years old with this pilot, about a seven eighty seven. You once were in a small plane that your friend's dad flew around.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know about it. Yeah, and so y'all don't. Y'all don't.
Speaker 4: But he said, you know, it's not just one but two checking that's true.
Speaker 3: It's called a redundancy. It's called a redundancy.
Speaker 1: Of course, the pilot made his son quit hanging out with that or after he got caught. So we'll we'll find out. There's people are saying software failure.
Speaker 6: Just text said somebody, mighty, you'll read anything.
Speaker 1: I didn't say. That's what it is. Sometimes text nation they'll get it.
Speaker 4: They will, of course. Now they'll be wrong too.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's a random phone number. Of course they'll be wrong. Sometimes you guys take it like it's Captain Steve or something. And that was courtesy of Captain Steve on YouTube.
Speaker 6: A lot of ease there.
Speaker 1: Yes, Dee's by the way, we'll be back.
Speaker 3: Not to be confused with Captain d.
Speaker 1: So we'll have to wait and see. We'll have to wait and see. Uh and we'll get the information. The black box will tell us, hopefully everything you need to know. But sad day, we'll be back. Thank you for being with us America as we get you ready for Father's Day weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. I hope you have a great weekend. We'll kind of recap a little bit of that on Monday, see how it went over the weekend. We got the gang all here as you just heard for a brand new hour. Greg, we'll be leaving us a little bit early this hour because now sitting in the number one slot, Mom's favorite children. That's right, he'll be taking our mom. Sounds like it's an active day. We got a big day. You got a big jack doctor's appointment of course, a little like a scheduled follow will follow up, yeah, follow up? Okay, so that'll be meaning let's go ahead right then we got to go by the drug store. Uh oh, prescriptions, got it. Then we're on top it off with a trip to the grocery. So you will be going to the grocery store. Yeah, she wants me to take her, don't you. Oh she's made that clear because you rush her. Yeah, he rushes her, and I won't let her use coupons no or bogo oh the Bible and get one free section. Come on, mom, let's keep moving. I don't want to move to And then you remember the thing that got me when I got fired. She said that I pressured her so much. You picked the wrong peanut, wrong panut's You're pressured her into it. She got home realized that's not the ones I even like course I had to grab something.
Speaker 4: Rip was pressuring me. I wasn't pressuring her.
Speaker 1: I think I see how I did this last time, because you remember I got I mean she didn't want me to take her. I think she just did her. She didn't have a choice. Yeah, she said it was better, and she she's got great right better, not great better?
Speaker 4: So she's got her favorite today.
Speaker 1: Going to the grocery store. He's got a full time he so he should be good boy.
Speaker 10: You ready to go?
Speaker 1: Tell you? Does she critique horse driving at all? Of course she does? Does mine. She likes to tell me what where I know which way is the best way? She gets that from Dad. Cut through here, I'm good. Do you'all go okay and do what she says? Or just I think all the all the all the years, all the years of having dad in our life, you know, well, Father's Day coming up. I don't recall a time that he wrote shotgun, which he didn't want to do. No, he'd readly take his own truck. But if he wrote shotgun, I don't think there was ever a time he said, hey, I like the way you're going. Never, I mean, it was always just the way you can go. Yeah, or so you're not gonna take County roll fourteen, No, sir, I thought i'd stay on the interested. I don't know about that. If you're going to his approved way, even though you knew how to go, he thought he had to tell you every turn you're gonna get and turned right down here. Oh yeah, I ain't done this about fifty times. Yeah right, yeah, Well back said you drive a big time and you know, as Andy Andrews taught me to say, it's in the book the Story of the GPS, Yeah, absolute true story. And uh, and he just said things that you can't refute. Yeah, he just by I still have it. It's in my mom found it when he passed. We were get clean all his stuff. That GPS had never been taken out of the box. He still had it if he didn't throw it away. And I guess he thought, well, since Rick gave me this, because his original plan was to go and get the money back for it and go get him something else. And why did he not want a GPS? Because he said, who goes somewhere they don't know where they're going. I always know where I'm going. Why do I need I didn't even know how to argue with that. So people go places they don't know where they're going, Why would you need this?
Speaker 4: I don't go anywhere. I know where I'm going. Okay, thanks Dad.
Speaker 1: Thanks Dad.
Speaker 4: Not only knew where he was going, he had a pretty good idea where you should go.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it is I have no I have noticed, even with boys that are growing up in the GPS age, you know where everything.
Speaker 1: Is depending on turn left here whatever.
Speaker 6: Back in the day, you did look around, you saw landmarks, you saw signs, roads, sign Now you're just dependent on you know, turn left, turn right.
Speaker 1: You don't really pay attention. Nobody knows how to get anywhere without that thing? Do you know what I still struggle with? And it drives my wife crazy, but she's always there to help me. Can I can? I tell you the one that I still struggle with. When it gets down to feet and one thousand feet turn right, I'm always like, is this a thousand feet? Yeah? You know, you know? And it's and Shure goes, look at the map, stay with it. I'll turn early. You turn early? He gets you know why under feet? Is that about five hundred feet?
Speaker 6: Where's the blue?
Speaker 1: You don't watch the blue? Well, that's what Cherry said. Why did you to watch the line? I said, Now, I'm just guessing. I'm listening for I'm voice activated. I can't. I can't take my eyes off of the road and look at that. You could, because you're supposed to watch the line. It stops where you're turning. Don't you wish the voy fifty feet? I got no idea how far? Three free times? I agree? What if the boys came on? Oh my goodness, you'd turn too early? Well re routing. I don't need that. Cherry does that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a good point, right, Jillry rout me really, oh yeah, and then like like we said before, that's reason why I like having a GPS, because the days before the GPS is And I've said this before, I've never met a human being that can be more confidently wrong than Sherry.
Speaker 1: She sounds so convincing. It's their exit right here. Okay, Oh, that's not it. I said. I said, I said the baby, and you just said you were so confident. I mean it's like I thought you had lived here and I didn't know about it, you know, She said, No, I don't. That's not it. Why are you going here? Because you said too?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 6: If copilot Terry if she if she has the directions instead, she likes to play this game instead of he's just hit and go. She likes to zoom in and go. Okay, I think you're going to take a right. I could just hit go right, just hit go, and it'll tell us. She likes to play the game of zooming in and going. So I think you're always going to be right here? No, no, no, no, wait, wait right, just hit go.
Speaker 10: Yes.
Speaker 3: They like to be the keeper of the GPS. Don't tell me, don't tell me, just just put it up here, just put I want to see it.
Speaker 1: I'll be good with that.
Speaker 3: That way I can glance. I can glance. I can glance. I don't have to the whole ride being like how far do I have now? How far do I have now?
Speaker 1: Until the turn? We gotten?
Speaker 7: Now?
Speaker 3: I just unleash it.
Speaker 1: I think if Sherry could have her away, she would mute the person and she and she would become the voice.
Speaker 3: Is not all use the voice? Oh yeah, I don't use the voice. I just use the visual.
Speaker 1: I would rather use the voice. Lisa is not bad about it, which is why I can't figure out direct how.
Speaker 3: Far it is it cuts off your podcast, your music. I'm rocking out to Pantera. I don't want to hear turn laugh at their light.
Speaker 1: Well, but then that much you have it back, it'll mess up the breakdown. So your voice guy has overbox.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what's that about?
Speaker 1: My problem is Lisa is not bad the directions. It's she thinks I'm running up on people and I'm hitting mailboxes. Yeah, and I'm like, I make it fine. I drive pretty far to work. I don't know if you'll know that, and I do it every day without her in there. You ever gave that speech. Yeah, I didn't go, well, no, it doesn't silent treat me tell you what's speaking after it. For about a good hour, Cherry is forbidden me to ever say nineteen eighty again. I got a driver's license in nineteen eighty But why do you? And you said, Sherry, does it too a scream like you're fixing the hat and it scares me like I've done run over something I haven't And I'm like, what, you're all over these people? Yeah, she does say, and they're running up on the back of everybody, and that that sometimes that was a direction, a direction we got turned around. She was gonna know, I'll help you, and I'm like, what, I don't know what that is? Strutching is she acts like every mailbox I go by that I'm almost going to hit it. It's just something about mailbox I can stand away from. Mine is eighteen wheelers, Cherry. I think they have a desire to ride underneath the eighteen wheer. Just get on past this might maybe I can't get past you right now, there's someone in front of it. We don't get up all over them, but.
Speaker 3: Get past this.
Speaker 1: The worst thing eighteen wheeler on the I twenty bridge.
Speaker 5: They're clawing at the handle, leaning and crawling and pushing away at the same time.
Speaker 1: Terry's wors's rain. My gosh, I'm going twenty I look. I fully expect to be I put, I fully expect to be arrested because I said, baby, you're gonna think people think I've abducted you. Stop hollering it people, and I'll tell you now that I decide if it's not a big rain, just a little intermittent stuff. I decide when I cleared the windshield, it doesn't matter what it looks like. I'm you, you need to clear the windshield.
Speaker 3: I don't want to yet I can't see nothing.
Speaker 1: I said, you're not driving, by the way, Greg Sherry is the opposite. Why do you have to win shoe wibers? Don't turn them off? But so I can see no laden She wants some.
Speaker 3: To fight with my grandma about the windshield wipers.
Speaker 5: She kept telling me, she kept telling me, she kept at it, that I needed to run those windshield wipers. I said, if you tell me the one of the bas school wifers one more time and we're gonna have a problem.
Speaker 3: And got to my grandma. My grandma. Do you have to apologize? She should have. She kept on, look what you made me do? Let me tell you some mama, you're not about to have a problem.
Speaker 1: You weren't in your van.
Speaker 3: Were we were in the van. She's riding shouting in the van. I said, don't tell me how to ride this sweet Vand okay, I'm just kidding. I didn't add that part, right, but you did.
Speaker 4: Did you get stern with your grandmother?
Speaker 3: I had to get stern with my grandma. She kept saying it. She kept on, she should not know.
Speaker 1: Grandma or not done that. Listen, grandma, the cookies were fabulous, but they weren't that good.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so that was my bad, So Greg, nobody yell at least of the way I yelled at my grandma.
Speaker 4: By the way, no one hollers at your grandmother.
Speaker 1: You just say yes, ma'am.
Speaker 3: I still bring it up. Aaron says, you didn't yell at your grandma. Was like, well it raise my voice, but just show.
Speaker 1: Available. And we were talking about vehicles, and of course when we left, you had you had screamed at your grandmother.
Speaker 3: And I elevated my voice just a little bit, and I apolo.
Speaker 4: Can I say something to you, buddy, I wish I had a grandmother to yell at.
Speaker 3: Well, here we get why would you yell at your grandma?
Speaker 4: I wouldn't that just what that means, that is what she was here?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, Because the way it sounded was you wish you could yell at your grandma.
Speaker 1: How that sounds. What that means is you should not be mean to your grandmother because one day she'll be gone. No, you're right, You're right, Okay, that's what That's what I'm saying. And that was my grandmothers are in heaven.
Speaker 3: Now. See this was three years ago. I still feel bad about it.
Speaker 1: And you know what, there's a lot of times I about to step in say don't beat yourself up. I would say, beat yourself up about this.
Speaker 3: That was the wrong thing to do.
Speaker 1: All right, So you had one more thing you were going to say dealing with automobiles before we move on.
Speaker 3: And we've talked about the left lane all a bunch.
Speaker 1: That don't understand it. Never can solve it, but keep trying.
Speaker 5: What I don't understand is people that are in sedan's I'm not talking about trucks where you got some height off the ground. I'm talking about in sedans, small low cars, and they park where they pull their tire all the way up to the curve. They stop when they feel the bump of the curve at the sidewalk or whatever it is, and they don't do they not realize that they're scraping up their bumper every time they park somewhere Stroy I see this everywhere. Every time I stop somewhere, there's at least one or two cars that are pulled all the way up. Their bumper is slide. Do you not hear the sliding of your bumper on the concrete? And then when you pull away, you're likely to pull your bumper off when you back back out. I was picking up some food with my kids, I guess maybe two or three weeks ago, and this young girl.
Speaker 3: I try not to I try not to talk to her. I try not to talk to girls, but I try to talk to talk to women randomly in public.
Speaker 1: I know, and they're thankful for that.
Speaker 3: I don't want to talk to them, and they don't want definitely don't want to talk to me.
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying. If they say you coming the way you normally dress, their they're thinking. They start screaming, I have no money.
Speaker 5: They start clutching their purse or whatever. Yeah, I look, I get it, so I try. But the other day I had to yell at this girl yelled again.
Speaker 1: She was grandmother and somebody's daughter.
Speaker 3: This girl looked like she was nineteen years old.
Speaker 5: In a Maserati pulling up, and she pulled up all the way to the curb at the sidewalk, and then something was going wrong with the with the convertible top. She's trying to close the hood. So she's for some reason backing up again and she's going back and forth, almost ripping.
Speaker 3: I go, so I yelled at her, stop stop.
Speaker 4: You shouldn't be involved in this.
Speaker 1: What's the male Karen? What's that? What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 15: What is it?
Speaker 6: Ken?
Speaker 4: What's the male version of a Karen?
Speaker 3: I'm not that, I'm not that. I wouldn't know, but I go, stop, don't pull up so far? Are you? And then I left it at that and I walked away, and she looked at me like, what are you talking about? You weird guy in a van. I'm like, well, I know, I'm a weird guy in a van.
Speaker 4: Why would you get involved in this. Why would you involve yourself?
Speaker 3: It's just you see it everywhere you go. And I guess people don't know they're ruining their Honda Civic or whatever it is.
Speaker 1: Okay, now, Altima, are there?
Speaker 3: Ultima?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 3: And while I'm at it, when you're walking in your neighborhood, you're supposed to walk on the left side of the road.
Speaker 4: You don't have to throw that.
Speaker 3: Drive on the right, drive on the right, walk on the left.
Speaker 5: You know how why you have to look over your shoulder every two seconds because the cars are bearing down on you. That's when you know you're walking on the wrong side of the road if there's not a sidewalk.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm done, You're good, done, all right, finished, Thank you buddy. You can see all right? All right? Well, but while we're doing public service announcements, yes, and I guess adlers should be involved in this. Yeah, people, how many times we got to tell you all'll stay away from Buffalo's Well, I don't get it. How many times have we got to say this? How many more people have to be run over, thrown in the air, children, thrown in the air. I don't understand it. This is pretty well understood. I thought, so. Here is a couple of video they shared of a tourist approaching a bison. Again. We were talked about that the other day while carrying a baby. Oh my, why carrying a baby?
Speaker 3: Close encounter Yellowstone National Park between a baby and a bison. It's leading to new warning site of the dangers of getting too close to wildlie And this after.
Speaker 20: A tourist from New Jersey just yesterday was gored by a bison at the same park.
Speaker 19: Bucker wins Jared Dean and joins us with more on the warning night and Jared, you spoke with a woman who took this video.
Speaker 20: Yeah, Robin. Jennifer Gunderson told me they couldn't believe their eyes when they saw people walking right up to the thousand pound animal in the park.
Speaker 10: We've been watching the turns of Yellowstone for the past couple of years, and I thought, there's just no way people do this in person, And sure enough, we were witnessing it as live as life could be.
Speaker 20: It's an alarming sight happening more and more often, tourists walking right up to adult bison and other large animals in Yellowstone National Park. Rob and Jennifer Gunderson tell me they were celebrating their anniversary when they were visiting the park and captured this dangerous interaction.
Speaker 3: Shocking. Honestly, it was shocking.
Speaker 10: I didn't I can understand if you want to go up and think you can get close to a bison, but to bring a small toddler.
Speaker 20: Thankfully, that family walked away unharmed, but that's not always the case. On Tuesday, a tourists from New Jersey was gored by a bison after he and others has got too close to the animal. A said reminder of the very real dangers of getting too close to a large wildlife. According to Colorado Parks and Wildlife fights and can grow up to one thousand pounds and ten feet long. Parks recommends stay at least twenty five yards away and take in their beauty from a safe dis Yeah.
Speaker 3: That's a great idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow wow, But I want to be I want to ask my original question, are there people that still don't know this? Yes? Evidently, are there people that I mean, now more than ever, how many times we got say somebody gored, thrown in the air, You're right? Are there people? Are there people that still say, oh no, you're supposed to not walk up to them. I mean, these people still exist us, right, they say it, that's how they say it, right, I don't know, dog, I mean, do you don't know that?
Speaker 6: Do you think everybody's just thinking, Oh, not me, I'm fine, it's not me. If a bison has a limb on its forehead, oh my goodness, that means that it's it's.
Speaker 1: Not it's not it's not happy. Look at this poor child. I mean, I mean, it's no. I'm the opposite. I am the opposite. Of course, it'll be me. That's why I don't want to go towards them. I know it will be me. Yeah, I don't know whoever thinks that I won't be the one that gets today. I'm going to go up to, you know, a bison with a good disposition, right, yea? How do you even know that? How many of those even exist? How much to walk up to one, to walk up to one myself?
Speaker 10: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And had this happen?
Speaker 3: Right, so I'm being thrown in the air.
Speaker 1: How much.
Speaker 4: It's gonna have to be enough money for me to say when I'm in the hospital, I don't care.
Speaker 3: I land on my feet like that little girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, you're.
Speaker 6: Kind of banged up in Ethne's booke and just knock a little air out of it, right right, but you went flying.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll have it on video because then I can monetize it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do I come back. We talk about on the show, and it's a huge bit two thousand. Oh no, I got it more than that. No, I think.
Speaker 4: I think with me, you're probably talking ten gram just the.
Speaker 3: Wind knocked out, but you don't know that under well, no I do. If it's a scenario where I do know, do I?
Speaker 4: But you just said I wouldn't be hurt.
Speaker 6: You're not hurt, but you didn't know that at the time. Oh yeah, But the end result is you're not hurt, so you're okay.
Speaker 3: But I don't know it at the time of the money but I don't.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 3: This is a real hard back to the future type scenario. It is like, am I going to mess up the past if I go to the future?
Speaker 1: But you didn't know?
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show, all right.
Speaker 1: So apparently the chat rooms, the text nation emailers, they're worried about Larry and Carolyn. So I mean, even though they don't have to participate in the show every day on the Katy Found. Okay, so, uh, call you and call Larry. I can call him and just let's just make sure to do a health check bill wellness check. Your call cannot be completed as styled. Oh do you think had a power outage or something? You think they've had some sort of storm there? Maybe maybe their powers out on Let's say here one more time, that could have been operator error. Let's just make sure that.
Speaker 3: I mean, people take a day off right the internet for this show.
Speaker 1: Everything's down, everything's down. You think that's there they've got they've had some sort of outage. One more time.
Speaker 4: I hope they have batteries. I could have handled that straight up. I hope they have some of those go to.
Speaker 1: So Okay, so that probably explains it, some sort of technical malfunction. Uh, and they're not able to participate today. What if? What if this is when you're over and they lost all power?
Speaker 3: Okay, there's no power out of just in Dublin. I looked it up. Do Dublin, Georgia has no power out of? Wow, y'all are jump into conclusions.
Speaker 1: Could it be maybe the phone lines are down? Phone line?
Speaker 4: Maybe they don't pay their bill.
Speaker 3: Okay, y'all jump into a lot of conclusions, just.
Speaker 1: Throwing stuff out there. We're spitballing now, you got them not paying their bill. I just I mean, if you got to put that out, just happens when I'm over there. This can't happen.
Speaker 4: This can't happen.
Speaker 5: Well, last time they checked out for a couple of days. Don't forget Larry, you know, spilled coffee on.
Speaker 3: His But stop.
Speaker 1: It's not going to magically now work. Just try. You don't know that I did. I thought it would know, was it? I'm confused on.
Speaker 3: Maybe Larry's getting an early Father's Day president.
Speaker 1: Why would you Why would you paint that bit? Why would you do that to me?
Speaker 3: Or maybe their powers out?
Speaker 4: Why would you do that? Maybe both in that case could be both?
Speaker 1: If you working again?
Speaker 4: Where's the hammer?
Speaker 1: I just well, you never know. Sometimes it goes through. No, this is his cell phone.
Speaker 4: Please stop.
Speaker 1: You think you know how many times he contacts the show a day. He would be wide open right now if he could. Larry's the only person I've seen that will call the show and if we don't answer, he'll text the show saying call me.
Speaker 6: Okay, now let me have your phone. I can't listen to the whole last segment that one said something different. Did you hear that one sounded the same to listen.
Speaker 1: The wireless customer, you are calling wireless?
Speaker 6: That means it's off or something right, speedy. We had that six minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Hey, look, the phone's probably off.
Speaker 1: I think the internet's down.
Speaker 3: The lights are probably off, the phone is off, candles are lit.
Speaker 5: All right, you see you almost made Look their phone is off and the list Hey buddy, hey, it's not working.
Speaker 1: Listen. As bad as that was, I had a patch joke that would kill Yeah, but I'm not growth. I'm not gonna do it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, something something's wrong. They can't be found. They're not online, the phone's not working. I think it's the wireless provider is everywhere something I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think they're fine, guys. They might have just taken a day off of watching the show. Heads up.
Speaker 1: Law enforcement agencies across the country are noting in this and all I can think of is I hope this isn't part of the story. Law enforcement all over the country are noting an alarming crime trend of hidden cameras being placed in residents gardens and lawns around their house. Officials believe the hidden cameras are strategically placed so that they can give them insight into when to target a home when it is unoccupied. They keep fighting people coming around your house putting these hidden cameras in. Oh, they're pattering your schedule. Medical experts warn big food is going to fight back against the Ozimpic people by producing addictive items for sale. Ozimpic is breaking the food addiction cycle, but Big Foods not just gonna lie down. According to Dark Doctor Mark Hyman, an internationally recognized advocate for functional medicine, in a recent Instagram post, for decades, the ultra processed foods have been engineered to hijack the brains reward system, the addictive how you get that's how you get addicted to stuff, that bliss point and saying that now they're going to start making more food because they know the system is broken, and they're gonna start pushing new addictive foods they think will be so addictive. Ozimpic can't stop them. If you do that.
Speaker 3: Again, it's it's not working. It's not working.
Speaker 1: So RFK Junior is probably all over this adler.
Speaker 3: I know this is your area.
Speaker 1: But how about how about the ultra process processed food industry not going down without a fire. No, you know, you knew they were.
Speaker 9: Oh oh oh z.
Speaker 1: I got food. Okay, next.
Speaker 3: What do you where were you going to go?
Speaker 1: I've got this is.
Speaker 3: This is If you're.
Speaker 5: You're worried about this, this food addiction thing, try to just avoid high fruit toast, Try to go hide fruittose corns. It takes your body so much more steps to break it down. It's not just it's not just sugar for sugar.
Speaker 1: It's a serious face. He's got this serious. When you bring up make your America healthy again, he gets a serious face. Oh yeah, they're still not working.
Speaker 3: Okay, we knew that. We knew we will sometimes.
Speaker 1: Sometimes have you tried it? And then also it goes through.
Speaker 5: Well, fruit toase will make you actually feel hungry, so you'll eat, eat, and then that fruit will actually add to your hunger.
Speaker 1: Now the other end of the spectrum. Only in our current society can these two headlines exist side by side. Low calorie diets are linked to surprising mental health effect low calorie diet. A low calorie diet could potentially lead to negative mental health. Oh now, these researchers are in Toronto, Canada, so probably we're not as I mean, no offense to Canada. But right so it's saying right now that they're noticing when they did a test people who did not follow a specific diet versus those who had calorie restrictive diets, they notice, and all these were overweight individuals, they saw an increase in depressive symptoms and an increase in severity. And those that were on the low calorie diets versus those who were not hmm. Speaking as a large person that has struggled with weight and have been on this roller coaster, I think they're overthinking it. In fact, people don't get to eat. We get really down. Yeah yeah, okay, get angry, all right, we get really really down. Yeah. That's it's it's tough on us. It's not easy. Part of it. Walmart has distanced itself from one of the heiresses because she has gone anti Trump. Well, you talk about not knowing your audience. If you won't, hey, look, we've got enough burning going on. You don't want Walmart people burning down Walmart. Uh And and they're saying that that they are all saying, hey, she's got her own thing. She's part of the family. This is uh, this is Christy Walton. She's being anti Trump and she's facing major backlash. Walmart says, don't blame us for her crazy. There you go.
Speaker 5: They're taking out ads and newspapers. Oh yeah, taking out ads and newspapers for that no king's protest.
Speaker 1: By the way, that tomorrow, the no kings thing tomorrow is the most ridiculous. Some of you don't understand what a king is, and in a republic there are no kings. If Trump was a king, he wouldn't have such a hard time getting everything done right that he wants to get done. If he's a king, he's not a very good one. No, and you're being silly and dramatic, which is normal.
Speaker 3: Top of the hour speed.
Speaker 10: This is the Rick Burgess Show.
Speaker 1: Hey, Rick, here from the Rick Burgers Show. Enjoy the weekend. Happy Father's Day to all the dad's out there. Don't miss Monday, a brand new Rick Burgess Show is speedy, Greg and Adler. Do make sure you're here. You just heard the daily best of the Rick Burgess Show. Catch the entire show wherever you get podcasts, or watch us live and archived on YouTube, and subscribers can watch the daily best of the Rick Burgers show on Blaze Tv.