Speaker 1: It is Thursday, December twenty sixth. This is Jaguars Happy Hour and now a guy who never jogs on New Year's Eve, mainly because it keeps the ice from bouncing out of your glass.
Speaker 2: J P.
Speaker 3: Checker Bulkome in Jaguars Happy Hour. We've got a busy two hours ahead. It is week seventeen in the National Football League and the Titans and Jaguars will tangle this Sunday at the Bank the game presented by Publics. We're shopping is a pleasure. Two games to go.
Speaker 4: Let the Baptist Health injury report coming up, and then at five o'clock the Doug Peterson Show. Brian Sexton will step in this week with Jeff Flagerman an interview head coach Doug Peterson in this very studio. We're on TJXL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube JP Shadwick with Jeff Logoman.
Speaker 3: Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Merry Christmas, Christmas, almost Happy New Year? What a week? Less than a week? How it works? Look the day after Christmas, we're still celebrating Christmas to some extent, I agree, not quite ready to move on to the to the New York celebration. Yet holiday at a time, Yes, one at a time and one meal at a time, one bite at a time.
Speaker 4: Is like, I don't know the rule on this. The twelve days of Christmas is Christmas the twelfth day?
Speaker 3: Or is like New Year's Day the twelfth day? You're asking me, You're not the only one in the room. I don't know who else. I don't know. That's a great question. Yeah, we'll just say that Christmas is twelfth day. It sounds like, it sounds right. I don't. It sounds good. I don't know the answer. You know, partridge and a pear tree, right, the whole thing. Oh goodness, I don't know. Do you get anything good for Christmas? Did I get anything?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, But so I mean you had a heck of a meal in Pittsburgh.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I was in Pittsburgh, had the game, had the Chief Steeler game, So that was I gifts.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's that's like, Hey, I watched that game on I was disappointed that Russell Wilson did not give you better performance to make it a better game. That interception was awful. He's not very good. Yeah, it didn't look good. He can't see the field. That's the Steeler team that's fading quick well. And I think part of that was is the the lack of confidence in your quarterback. I think drained a little energy out of that Steeler team because early in that game, Russell was missing some things that were wide open. He's always been that wide.
Speaker 4: And he's got to scramble and by time and do all that. That's always kind of been his game, totally been his game.
Speaker 3: But this just didn't look right yesterday. Now, by the way, did not look happy. Oh no, he's not scared to show it either. No. I mean you talk about wearing his emotions on his sleeve. But then on the what's the name of what's the name of Pickens? Pickens picking? The body language of Pickings, I know, but I mean it was uh and and you know when you look really close and you watch the really good wide receivers when they're open and they don't get seen. And it wasn't just Pickings in that game. There were other Steelers too, Okay that had somebody the well, look, Brian Thomas Junior can have a little body language. I mean there's a fine line there, right, I mean, you you want your receivers to want the football, right stam right, Yeah, yeah. I mean you don't want them to go over the time. I don't want them to write a book that says, give me the damn ball. Right, Okay, you know I don't want I don't want Diva, but I want somebody who wants the ball. Yes. From a final thought of this game, we'll get to the Jaguars coming up. Of course, this is a Jaguars program. The Chiefs have had explosive offenses over the years with Andy Reid.
Speaker 4: They've had a quarterback that can throw it down the field, you know, sixty yards down the field.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's pretty good all this. They've had that over the years. They don't have that this year. But this might be Andy Reid's toughest team because they're winning all these close games this year in different ways. They're not scoring a lot of points, and they just know how to finish the job. I don't think their games have been that close lately, though. I mean they're kind of getting on a little bit of a role. The one thing that is I think consistent with Kansas City is that Patrick Mahomes is simply fantastic. Makes the plays when he needs to. Kelsey's kind of in the same boat. Even though he hasn't had the year that many people expected him to have, He's still a fantastic player and they're only getting better as they approach the playoffs in a quest for a three peat, which if they do that first team the National Football League to ever do so. And so they're on a bit of a mission. First in the super Bowl in the super Bowl area, Packers.
Speaker 4: Won three in a row before there was a Super Bowl. And it also helps if you don't cover Travis Kelcey three times, you know, wide open the touchdown is what you're talking about. That was one of the two other ones too.
Speaker 3: But here's what's so unique and that I don't think that there are designed routes for Kelsey in certain situations. I think they give him the absolute freedom and Patrick the absolute freedom to let him kind of just find an opening. And it's crazy how good they are at that. But I mean, you can literally you can watch Kelsey and at times it's like, you know, sometimes they call that an option route. They can kind of do things based on coverage Kelsey. Sometimes I swear to you, he just releases and then once he sees that it's his zone. He just looks around and tries to find an open spot and then turns around and the homes is so good. They're timing. It's almost like an unspoken language that the two of them have that they can communicate without even looking at each other, like some kind of mental telepathy or something, and then bam, it's on the money. It's it's incredible to watch, all right.
Speaker 4: By the way, this is a Jaguars Happy Hour tenon Excel nine two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube, JP Shadwick, Jeff Flaggaman our Crack Research staff.
Speaker 3: By the way, it's come through with the definition of the twelve Days of Christmas. Okay, that's great. It's the period starting Christmas Day to January sixth oh apparently. Okay, so there you go. All right. Well, and by the way, you know, we talk about this Patrick Mahomes Kelsey thing and the hope that we get to witness something like that in the future between Trevor Lawrence Brian Thomas Junior. You know this unspoken you know, ability of those two to have in the future. You hope that we can see something like that as well. It would certainly be nice to see. The Jaguars are coming off a loss in Las Vegas. Of course last weekend. You know, same script, different week.
Speaker 4: It feels like some big plays allowed, what five plays of seventeen or more yards allowed by the defense, The offense given the ball away and can't do anything outside of a short field touchdown and a blown coverage touchdown.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not good. And the disappointing thing is that kind of some of the same things crop up. You know, the defense is inability to kind of get a stop at a key moment, the offense is inability to take it down the field and win a game. You know, some things change, but some things don't, and the performance is not where it needs to be. It is disappointing, and especially when you're losing to a team that's lost ten in a row, which I think makes it a little bit even harder to swallow. And you know, you kind of finished up that blowout game in Detroit with the hope that okay. You know, now you've got a stretch of games against teams that are not very good. You've got one win against Tennessee and that's it, and you just lost arguably one of the top two worst teams in football that really don't have a lot of weapons. In the Raiders that were I think very void of talent on both sides of the ball in a lot of respects. And it's a complete rebuild in Oakland slash Vegas slash LA because there's fans all over the place for that place. Either way, the stadium is incredible. It is incredible. What did that one cost? I don't know, a lot, you know, not as much as so far that's a different one. The whole excitement of that stadium for me is that, you know what, it's awesome seeing this new stadium that is just I think decorated to the Raiders nine, you know what I mean, as far as all the silver and the black and all that one point nine billion dollars. And I will say the excitement of seeing that place got me excited for the future in Jacksonville, to see what is constructed here in the future, which is slated to open up in what twenty twenty eight, twenty eight, you know, So, I mean that makes it kind of exciting, you know. But the game itself was one of the most boring football games I've ever called. You're watching in the studio rough it was, I mean just rough, brutal. I mean, two teams just not very good, not playing good football. Two quarterbacks that were not playing good football. Ain't O'Connell and obviously Mac Jones. I mean just struggling to kind of find a little rhythm, and especially early in that ball game where they were both just missing guys. It's like wow, and they don't have a lot of talent to throw to now, you know, I think Parker Washington and Brian Thomas Junior and Brenton Strain's pretty good. And then the disappointment of the giveaways in the first half that took points off the board. They didn't result in raiter points, no, but it took points off of your side of the scoreboard, okay, which could have changed the way that you manage the game at the end. Disappointing ladies.
Speaker 4: Join us at EverBank Stadium Sunday, December twenty ninth before the game from ten to twelve for a lively and fun filled Glitz and Glitz Brunch, joy delicious pastries, refreshing mimosas, and a special appearance by the Roar and a Jags legend. Grab your tickets now. At Jaguars dot Com, slash Glitz and Blitz. We're on ten to XL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube. One of the bright spots though from last week, and we continue this conversation each and every week.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: Is Brian Thomas Jr. Putting up numbers? Still?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you had the blown coverage touchdown which was a sixty two yarder. But they you know, first of all, they're throwing at his direction. Now that's a good start. Was it three weeks ago against Tennessee? Remember he had two looks in the first half, no catches, and then they fed it to him.
Speaker 3: Ten times in the second half. He caught eight of them. It was really the first first first time you're like, oh, okay, now they're going to really start feeding this guy. When you have what I consider a great player, you have to you have to find a way to get him the ball. And I'm disappointed that he didn't have a tenth catch in that ball game. You know, at the end of the ball game, an opportunity there on fourth down to throw the ball. You know, the ball gets dumped off underneath to a running back and Brian Thomas junior is kind of the option that's a little bit deeper, and the Raiders were playing cover two safety over the top of Brian corner was underneath. The corner tried to stay back and then once the ball was dumped underneath, the corner reacts up, makes a tackle short of the first down. The game's over. In that situation, you've got to make a throw to the sticks. And when you have your best player, you have to make that throw to your best player if there's no other wide open option. And in that case, there was a window for Brian and disappointed that that ball is not thrown, you know. And the perfect example is yesterday, the game you're calling, okay, Kansas City going for two, okay, Patrick Mahomes running around, okay, getting chased out of the pocket, and the play is essentially it's a busted, completely busted play. Now it's called what you can scrambleles. What does Patrick do? He throws it up to his best player, which is Kelson, a chance and Kelsey gets his hands on he did. It didn't come down with the catch. It ended up being I think an interception. It was, and I mean in that same scenario with the Jaguars. If you're Mac Jones, you got to put it to your best player and give him a chance. You know, whether or not it works or not, live and die with your best player. That's what great teams do, that's what great players do, and that's what great quarterbacks do. You got to give them a chance.
Speaker 4: Frustrating, and they had one that Brian Thomas Junior dropped earlier in the game. There was a holding call, yes, all that that would have negated it. Anyway, had two hundred plus in that game early in the game.
Speaker 3: The double move that Mac missed the throw on, that's you know, that's a thirty forty yard chunk play at the least, maybe you know, maybe more. I don't know, but I mean, yeah, he could have had a monster day. I mean, if if everything fell into place, it could have been, you know, one of those Jimmy Smiths at Baltimore, three touchdowns, two hundred and fifty yards receiving type of day. That's how good it could have been. And it was crazy to me that the Raiders were just playing the way they were against Brian Thomas Junior. I mean, Winter team's gonna wake up, and I'm glad they're not. Let's just say, I mean, those teams are the schedules stink, that's why they're not waking up. You got I mean, you got Jack Jones playing on Brian Thomas junior is the reason why these teams are bad. I mean, come on, the Texans did some of the same thing. The Jets did some of the same thing with the safety and a guy that was just signed off of the practice squad. When you got one of the best corners in the league in Sauce Gardner, that's another team. The Texans last night, Oh, they look like they looked like they look terrible. That's not good. No, they have not been playing good football this year, and I mean they've won the division because the division stinks. I mean there's some bad football right now in the FC South, bad football, and the Texans right now are representing a bad division. Well, let's come back and dig into this division a little more of the Titans Jaguars match up the game we've been waiting for in Week seventeen, the rematch the Jaguars got him last time in Nashville, got him trying to double up. What percentage of the country do you reckon? This must see matchup is gonna end market. Hey, I don't think it's gonna be anywhere else. Well, we're back in a moment. Kay Stevens coming up at four thirty. She'll join us in studio as well than at five o'clock. Of course, the Doug Peterson showed, this is Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 5: Still trying to you know, still kind of put the ball down the field.
Speaker 6: Obviously Calvin and some of the speed they have, and you know, still the ability to run the football screens Tony Pollard, you know, getting him, getting him the ball when they can. And you know, I think one of things two you're seeing is the defense also creating some you know, some takeaways, right they're taking them football away, giving their offense some opportunities, but not a whole lot, you know, still just just running the running the offense.
Speaker 3: Head coach Duck Peterson earlier today full press conference at Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube.
Speaker 4: Both coordinators spoke today. Quarterback Mac Jones also in the media room today. Locker room was open. All that coming up on the official team website. It's Jaguars Happy Hour from the Hyundai Studios. JP Shadwick, Jeff Logman ten ten XL ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com and Jaguars YouTube. Of course, they're talking about quarterback Mason Rudolph getting the start second straight week for the Tennessee Titans.
Speaker 3: We'll get to this matchup coming up shortly. We've got to wrap up one more thought about last week's game. Was so so bad in so many ways, and we left out the penalties, the off side calls. They had what four of them illegal formation and then on offense and then defensively had guys that were lined up all sides, which three of them were against your front line guys, two of them on armstead back to back plays which in reality the play before could have been called. I mean it literally could have been. And the female official, the side judge, looked and she saw the first play, and then the next play he lined up in the neutral zone again, she threw the flag, lined up and against she threw the flag again. In reality, she could have thrown it three plays in a row. And for a you know, for a veteran player has been in the league for a decade, I mean, it's just you can't make that mistake. If your armstead and then Josh did it too, So why would it all of a sudden creep up now in week seven sixteen. I know, that's weird. That's a great question. I mean now at all time, I don't know. I mean, it's the defensive line for ten years. You got to pay attention better than that. I mean, it's you know, I mean, I mean, maybe he's just I know he's playing edge. I mean, as he's this angle too far away. I don't know. Maybe, I mean it's I can't explain that one JP. Maybe move him closer to the ball is defensive tackle. Huh, Well he did that and he got a sack. He actually did a He had a couple of good rushes in the ball game. I wish, I wish his finish was better though. I mean, that's the one area that that he's got to do a better job of because he can impact the game more than what he's doing, and the finishing part is harder. I mean, it requires harder work and and you know it and strained. I mean, and that's you know, that makes the difference in making plays and not making plays. Got a strain more. He's starting to sound like a coach a little bit. Some of these buzzwords, strange grit, right, yeah, all these things. If I could sound like a coach Marrow, we got to get some takeaways. Boys. Where's the takeaways at the last in the league? Five games without a takeaway? Not good?
Speaker 2: God?
Speaker 3: Good? Last time they had a takeaway? Minnesota Vikings three interceptions in that game. Savage had one, Cisco had one. I think Foyer might have had another one. You got me there. That's been so long. It feels like last season the well has gone dry. It has since then. You know what can't change that? Though the Tennessee tight well there, that's because they're giving the ball away at a higher rate than anybody in the National Football That's true. Will Levis was so bad that he's been benched. Well, and I you know, here's kind of what what happened there a little bit. Let me let me go back, because the last game he started was against our Jaguars in Tennessee. And right before the half, you had essentially a turnstile block by their left tackle, which is their first round pick out of Alabama, j C. Latham. Latham and Josh takes Levis buries them and he gets his shoulder her even more more than it already was, and we're looking at it now. If you're watching us on before halftime, different things. Yeah, right before halftime, and then Will Levis goes in at halftime, gets the shoulder shot up, finishes the game. The next week, he comes out, he throws three interceptions in the early part of the game that they had the following week against I believe it was Cincinnati, and then he gets benched. So Mason Rudolph comes in and does pretty well. But anyway, hey, look the reality is Mason Rudolph last week had three interceptions and interceptions himself. So back to back weeks, you've had a quarterback throw three picks, a starting quarterback throw three picks. One of the reasons why Tennessee is right at the top and giveaways and if you're the Jaguars, you got to find a way to get the ball back. Two reasons. One, Tennessee is going to give you the opportunity. Tennessee has given the ball up this year thirty two times. Thirty two times a lot. They are tied internal differential with the Jaguars. Point is is that your offense is struggling, your defense is struggling. You need to give your offense more chances, and more chances mean more opportunity, which means getting the ball via takeaway is a defense and it helps with the field position as well. So in this game, that's one of my keys to this game is the takeaways. But you can say that every week. I mean, of course them. I mean that's the most determining factor of any game is turnover differential. There's no doubt. But how do you I mean, it just magically happens, like how do you do it well? Number One, A couple things need to kind up. You got to have you don't have to have the perfect storm, but you've got to have some elements to have the environment for takeaways. Number one, if you're scoring on offense, it makes the opponent more aggressive and likely to take risks. Okay, so scoring points that's not happening right now. The other way is to rush the passer better and get home and get home, affect the throws, get him to throw off of his back foot, kind of like what the opponents have been able to do with Mac and off balance, which has been happening as well. And if you can have those things happen, you're more likely to have more success rushing the pass for more success getting takeaways, and that's just not happening right now for this defense. This defense is struggling. I mean right now they have what is it, eight takeaways on the season, yes, and seven on defense. I think the franchise low takeaways is nine. Going back to I think it's twenty twenty one, twenty twenty or twenty twenty one. Twenty twenty was like the worst statistical defensive season. But twenty one is the turnover now, that's the turnover numbers, right, Yeah, that was under Joe Cullen. It was a stat that he's not proud of the rushman. He's currently the defensive line coach for the Kansas Chiefs doing a great job. But it was I think it was nine takeaways, wasn't it? And one that's which is the franchise lowest. It's not good enough, which you know last year they had twenty seven takeaways. The Jaguars defensively did this year struggling, struggling to find a takeaway. It's hard to win that way, very hard to win that waste, especially when your offense statistically is way off from where they have been over the last couple of years. What about this Titans defense. What if they had to offer the last couple weeks, Well, they've offered up a red carpet for the running backs last week. Jonathan Taylor. Absolutely, the Titans got hammered on the ground, hammered. The Indianapolis Colts rushed for a franchise record three hundred and thirty five yards against Tennessee last week in Indianapolis. I mean, that's a staggering number, and that's a franchise that keeps records for a long time, going back to Baltimore too. But the crazy thing is that that is not a franchise high yards rushing allowed by Tennessee. See if you can find what the other game that's worst. When I read that, I was like, you gotta be kidding me. You mean, there's a game that they gave up more than three hundred and thirty five yards rushing. But it exists because it's the second worst amount of yardage given up in a game on the ground. Jonathan Taylor himself had on the game twenty nine carries for two hundred and eighteen yards and three touchdown to average seven and a half yards of carry. Amazing. Brian Callahan a head coach of the Tennessee Titans, said he was embarrassed by that number, which with those two defensive tackles that Tennessee has. I mean, it's quite frankly shocking that they gave up that amount of yards. And it came I think a week after that, somebody asked Brian Callahan about his team being called soft. When your team gives up three thirty five on the ground, the chances of people saying that you are soft, it goes up. Not not good, No, not good at all. Did you find the number? No, I can't forget it. I gotta find it. I gotta find it. So you're gonna run the ball this week? Well, yeah, yeah, but we're gonna make them stop. You haven't well, you haven't run the ball exceptionally well lately. Tank Bigsby has had his second consecutive game now with a fumble. It was a perfect punch by that guy, by the way, it was a perfect yeah. But here's here, here's the problem. I know you can't put it on the deck. I get it, but like, still you play, you gotta tip your hat sometimes. That guy also, he's got a reputation now he does Okay, here's the here's the fact he has a fumble lost every thirty point one carries. That's like every game and a half. Right, if you're averaging twenty carries, that's not a good stat to have attached to you. And all you had to do was to watch tanks performance after the fumble to realize how it affects him, because then he loses that aggressive running instinct because he's more concerned about the ball and covering up the ball, and he loses that speed and that physicality of the way he runs when he has had a fumble. That's not a good place to be.
Speaker 4: Register your furry friend for the Jaguars Official Four Legged Fan Club for pets, presented by Forever Vets Animal Hospital. Your pet receive access to exclusive merchandise, events and sweepsakes throughout the season.
Speaker 3: You'd better hurry. There's only two weeks left in this season.
Speaker 4: Visit Jaguars dot com, Slash Promotions, Slash four Legged Fan Club and sign up today.
Speaker 3: Kyle Stevens.
Speaker 4: When we are returned that at five o'clock, Brian Sexton will have the Doug Peterson Show.
Speaker 3: This is Jaguars Happy Out.
Speaker 6: In Calvin's case, I think The thing that really sets him apart from a lot of guys is just his work ethic. The way he came in here and and and worked right away and wanted to get in with Trevor and you know, learn the offense and and get as many catches.
Speaker 3: As he could, you know from the quarterbacks.
Speaker 6: And uh, just the way again, the way he attacks practice during the week. He practices like he plays.
Speaker 3: And when you do that, you're going to have.
Speaker 6: Success on on game deck, right and and and that's something that really kind of sets him apart from a lot of people.
Speaker 3: Head coach Chuck Peterson today talking about Calvin Ridley of the Tennessee Titans. From where Jaguars receiver Welcome back. It's Jaguars Happy Hour from the Hundai Studios.
Speaker 4: Over a thousand yards Ridley last year and closing in on it this year with Tennessee eight hundred and fifty seven yards and four touchdowns to go with it. J. P. Shadwick, Jeff Logoman, We're at the Hondai Studios, the Miller Electric Center on Tintin Excel ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube. This time each and every Thursday, Kaynani Stevens joins us in studio this Thursday. No different than the rest.
Speaker 2: It's always seventeenth time, Week seventeen, so it'll be seven.
Speaker 3: Well, there's a couple of weeks we didn't have shows, remember.
Speaker 7: Well you have to make those up.
Speaker 3: Thanks.
Speaker 7: I don't know, I don't I don't know if I'll be present coming.
Speaker 3: Back for those, No depends, love it. Merry Christmas, Good to see you. Well here we are, yeah, Week seventeen. Titans trying to sweep the Titans this season.
Speaker 2: Sweeping away Yeah, I mean that'll be nice considering all the other not nice things, So beating the Titans is always nice.
Speaker 3: An opportunity at a winning record in the division, all right, If you win this one and then the following one, that's amazing.
Speaker 2: So yeah to bars Low, that's the good thing. If you're upset about the division, you know that. I don't think we can get this back quickly.
Speaker 3: What one would hope you'll get a pat on the back. Hey, that's a boy. That's a good job. You won four games in division. But fact is you got to win this one to do that, right, And there's not going to be easy either this week or next week, and I can tell you this, Tennessee Titans are going to be a motivated football team after they got embarrassed from last week. Very motivated. I mean, one week after getting called soft and then all of a sudden the defense gives up that. I think that defense is going to come in here ready to rock, or they might fold up and go home. I don't know about that. You know, this time of year, you never know. I don't think so, JP. I think both teams have motivation to fold up and go home. I mean, the biggest selling point of this game is what happens with the result the determined draft position. I mean that's I mean, that's literally the headline from the NFL on this game. Turning draft position right now, the Jaguars currently drafting third, Tennessee Titans currently drafting fifth, to where they are, yeah, I mean it's not a good place to be right well, actually fourth on our well that was through Sunday of some adjustments little just then, but strength to schedule changes and all that stuff. So where's going to end up being?
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 7: They might be looking for a quarterback too, so it's important for.
Speaker 3: They should be Tennessee should be looking for a quarterback.
Speaker 7: Well, we'll see Mason Rudolph this time instead of Will Levis.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and he's already been determined he's not the guy. I mean, Pittsburgh let him walk, and Pittsburgh not gonna let a franchise quarterback walk. And Will Levis hasn't shown that he's a franchise quarterback. But here's my question. If you don't have a franchise quarterback, why are you going to go spend ninety two million dollars on Calvin Ridley.
Speaker 7: Helped me take away from me, take him away from that.
Speaker 3: I don't know a good question. The best thing.
Speaker 7: I mean, maybe they didn't know. They thought big big arm on Will Levis throw it up there.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe he's eating too much mayonnaise. Maybe he should switch to Dukes. Well, I mean there's it was duke. I think the Titans. Dukes is way better than helmets. We were talking about this earlier today. What year was Mason Rudolph hitting The almost hit with.
Speaker 7: His helmet went around forever? It felt like decades.
Speaker 3: Ago when Miles Garrett almost hit him with his helmets? Remember that? Yeah, that was not good. It was like twenty twenty one.
Speaker 7: Anything just before that wasn't it.
Speaker 3: I don't remember. Yeah, he's well, he's he's been around a minute now. I mean he's seventh year in the National Football League and he didn't start right away, right, I mean as a rookie, so I had to be like his third fourth year or something like that. Two three years ago.
Speaker 4: It was Steeler draft pick twenty eighteen draft pick. Yeah, so I don't know, that's where we are.
Speaker 3: He's got Look, he's he's got a better I think arm than Will Levis. Put it this way, I don't know if it's a better arm. Yeah, he's got a Levis has a big arm. It's just everywhere it's it's it's knowing where to go with an arm. That's where he's better. At seven years in the league. Ought to do that, right, I mean, Will Levis is still a young player, and that's what they're kind of leading on right now. Look, I mean the reality is is that when you're a first year head coach and you're not getting better as a team, because the Titans have shown that they're not getting better as.
Speaker 7: A team, trying to help yourself out it's not good.
Speaker 3: Kyle, what'd you think in the locker room today. You were in there for a little bit, a little quiet.
Speaker 7: I think it's a weird week because of the holiday. It seems a little.
Speaker 2: I don't know, if people, you know, people's families are in town, your focus is elsewhere.
Speaker 3: Perhaps that's the hard part about having having a home game.
Speaker 7: Because everyone comes here during the holidays.
Speaker 3: Yes, because you know, everybody wants to come to Florida, of course, and.
Speaker 7: We're not like away like last year.
Speaker 2: Remember we were like away on Christmas Eve and then Christmas was here, So it's like it was in the middle of the week, like I think they had Christmas Eve off and then half of Christmas off. So yeah, it's a little bit of a it's just off schedule week. So it's a little bit different.
Speaker 3: Different, different. But it's gonna be interesting to see how these two teams come out in this game.
Speaker 2: I think whoever is the most energy. I still felt the Titans could have won that game if Will Levis was better at some decision making. I didn't. It didn't feel like the Jaguars stopped him. It was more him not knowing what was going on. So if you had a competent quarterback in there, I think Titans win that game. So whoever comes out with energy, I think this weekend is probably gonna fare the best.
Speaker 3: Will Levis left fourteen points out there in that game easily. Maybe he missed the oconquo on the one throw and then he missed Ridley on the other one, which would have been a walk in touchdown. He left fourteen points out there. That's the last play of the game. Yeah, yeah, yeah. Ridley was wide open in the middle of field, wide open.
Speaker 2: Those red zone trips as well, Like our defense has not stopped the run at all, and they're throwing it three times out of four and it's just baffles the mind.
Speaker 3: Our defense. Here's the number the reality baffled. Dead last and yards allowed, dead last against the pass and yards allowed. We are dead last in takeaways with eight.
Speaker 7: Are we near French EID record on that as well?
Speaker 3: I believe we'll be a franchise record where it is. Yeah, nine is the low. We have given up more explosives than anybody, with the exception of the Chicago Bears. We're tied with them. Yeah. Not good, not good, not very good looking for the MVP of the truck game. Better check out the twenty twenty four four one ff, you only get a week left in the twenty twenty four.
Speaker 2: I don't think it can afford the MVP of the truck game, but I support anyone else that can.
Speaker 3: Loaded with impressive capability and game changing tech, you can dominate work play and everything in between. Test driving F one fifty at your local Ford dealer. Proud partner of the Jacksonville Jaguars were on ten to Xcel and ninety two point five FM, Jaguars dot Com, Jaguars YouTube, All the Places, and also tonight on Fox thirty seven o'clock Jaguars All Access TV. Who you got tonight?
Speaker 2: I believe I am cracked this week, so you can actually trust what I say. Quarterback Mac Jones will be Yes, you.
Speaker 3: Have Matt fact tech. Yes, Mac jobs so excited to have him on Hometown Guy.
Speaker 7: He makes me laugh some. I think it'll be fun.
Speaker 3: He makes himself laugh.
Speaker 7: His laugh makes me laugh.
Speaker 3: So yes, he does right, He's got kind of a giddy laugh. I'll give him that. He has fun like he tries. He has a lot of energy out there, like you know.
Speaker 7: It's you can't say he's not having a good tech.
Speaker 4: We weren't sure, right when they signed or brought him here in the trade, like what is this guy really gonna feel like? Is you know after the situation in New England you were close to that Kyle, like what what kind of guy are they getting?
Speaker 3: And you know during training camp in the offseason, Okay, he's having he's okay, he's having a good time. At least he's got to play better though. Yeah he does, there's no doubt about that. And also the guy's around him got to play better too. Man, It's kind of across the board. Everybody's got to play better. But when you have a quarterback that if you had a quarterback play well in this past game, then you would have won that game. You know, you could say the same thing for you know, a couple of games this year. You know, if you got some better quarterback play, you win. I think the one thing that Max got to do to get better is that he's got to let his world calm down. In the pocket. You know, he's he's at times he's leaving the pocket or his eyes are dropping when they don't have to. You know, at some point you got to trust the guys up front and the job that they're doing. And just just keep your eyes down the field, stay calm, and and get your feet underneath of you to make the throat. He has the ability to make the throws, but his feet have to be there for him to make the throws. And when you're worried about a flash here or a flash there, or do I gotta leave the pocket? I'm unsure now all of a sudden, your feet are all I'm gonna use a cool term here, JP that you're a big fat fat fan of caddywampus. If your feet are caddywampus, you don't have a chance of being accurate?
Speaker 2: Is that?
Speaker 3: I need to explain that to you? I know what it means? Does that actually a dictionary? I don't even know the t's or d's. I don't know.
Speaker 7: I would I would have.
Speaker 3: Is it real? Is it a real term? Well, there's different spellings. I don't know. Okay, So what do we need to go to Websters to find out?
Speaker 6: Right?
Speaker 3: For caddywampus? I don't know.
Speaker 7: Did they put slang in miss? It's a made up word?
Speaker 3: I don't I wouldn't even know how to begin to spell that. Is that bad? There's different ways? That's what I'm saying, I just looked it up. There's like three different spellings. I can't find those. I'm looking at it. I don't see it, and what are you doing well phonetically? I just tried to spell it and it's not even close. Very h Maybe it's in the urban dition. So catawampus c A T A W A M p u s is the official spelling in Merriam Webster. Okay, give me the definition. The variant that's used is basically a skew or a rye's. That would be yeah. Cattawampus apparently is the official I didn't know where I'm from. It is caddywamp Give you the perfect example of when when Mac had had great feet, the whole call that he throws the deep ball to Brian Thomas, which is beautiful throw on the money. Brian dropped it his feet. We were set, he had him underneath of him. His world was calm, and that was as an accurate of throw you could ever ask for out of your quarterback. And he's capable of that. He's just got a again, He's got a calm's world down a little bit. And here's the reality. His offensive line is passed blocking pretty good, even with col Van Landin in last week. Kudos to him by the way he played well, Kayle, what do you need to hear from Mac tonight?
Speaker 7: What if Mac has to share? I think will be entertainment enough.
Speaker 3: Whatever that might be the Bulls school Brigade, is that what they called him? No that, I don't know if there's like a nickname for Bulls fans. They might come out and force bulldogs bulldogs bulldogs. How do I not know that? I didn't know that. I don't know. Weird. Maybe they'll be out in force tonight. Bulldogs that have orange and blue as colors.
Speaker 7: It's kind of odd, right, what colors do they be their dogs?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean just you know, the University of dreads red and black.
Speaker 2: Okay, side note, I don't have when high school teams take the college logo and copy it down to the t because then it's just confused.
Speaker 7: Then you don't never have your own gear. You're just it's like you're wearing University of Georgia.
Speaker 3: Bull Bulls didn't do that with the logo, So that's good, right.
Speaker 7: But I feel like when you do that, that's like, you know, like you see falcons or some some stuff like that, And I'm like, oh.
Speaker 3: Well that's just but that's not what was your high school nicknames?
Speaker 7: Not you our mascot, lumberjacks, Lumberjacks. This is a main the main lumberjacks.
Speaker 3: What about yours? Well, Ki is not going to like this because we stole the logo of the England Patriots.
Speaker 7: Did it look like a Patriots logo?
Speaker 3: Totally? Yeah, the guy in the three point stands the whole deal. Sure enough? Were the better ones?
Speaker 7: High school page Husky? Did you see a college Husky logo? Because I feel like I seek and the Washington.
Speaker 3: There was no they had like two letters put together at Trustville.
Speaker 7: HT you didn't have like a Husky's face.
Speaker 3: Back then they didn't and now they have one, but it doesn't it doesn't replicate it any other ones. Interesting, that's what we come to.
Speaker 2: Now. This is.
Speaker 4: Jaguars All Access tonight, seven o'clock String Sports Brewery.
Speaker 3: Here's my next question. Okay, what's the game tonight? It's Thursday night, I mean Thursday night. The things to do on Thursday, the time of year, watch Seahawks at the Bears, Jaguars All Access and then tune in for the Thursday Night Football. Seahawks need it.
Speaker 7: The Bears need anything they can get.
Speaker 3: Seahawks really need it. The Bears are in a state of flux with a first overall pick quarterback, waiting to see what direction the franchise.
Speaker 2: Is going to go.
Speaker 3: What do you order tonight? Strings?
Speaker 7: I think we're gonna light tonight.
Speaker 2: I went to a salad with like the brisket, perhaps smoothed chicken. See that ever strikes my fancy.
Speaker 3: I don't have to ask.
Speaker 2: Jeff slammed Hunky probably already got the take out on the list already know.
Speaker 3: I'm literally I'm getting an extra because my dad and his wife are in town. Wonderful and so they're going to experience for the first Alabama White sauce Strings. And by the way, thank you JP. JP actually bought me a Christmas gift that was the original Alabama White sauce Big Bob Gibson's Dictator, Bob Gibson's Barbecue.
Speaker 7: To get your own nice I got my own.
Speaker 3: Two bottles from Jp'll.
Speaker 7: Last a whole week, I'm sure.
Speaker 3: Well, No, I'm gonna make it. I'm gonna do better than that. Kai, I'm gonna do better than that. I'll make it last a little longer. You know the best part is about that is then if I'm not near Strings, I'm always in a pinch. I can just swing into a groceries, just grab some fried chicken Alabama white perfect Kai excellent, Thanks, thank you. Hi.
Speaker 4: Stevens us is always They'll all be it all access tonight seven o'clock Strings Sports Brewery.
Speaker 3: Mac Jones is.
Speaker 4: The guest this evening, and Jack's fans want customized Jack's furniture for your home, check out zipchair dot com and Browns all customizable options. Zip Chair Furniture for fans. The injury report and final thoughts coming up. Then at five o'clock the Doug Peterson Show. This is Jaguars Happy Hour.
Speaker 3: Two different.
Speaker 6: Two different skill sets, right, you know, sometimes two we're seeing by scheme, you know, run through linebackers, you know, anticipating runs where where we're not we're not coming.
Speaker 3: Off on those combos quick enough.
Speaker 6: And or sometimes not targeted in the right direction, right, and and that that's a that's a possibility as well with some of the runs. And then you know you also have to look at the backs and see if the backs are you know, hitting and hitting the hole or hitting you know where where we anticipate the baldi go and things like that, and so it's probably a lot more moving parts, you know, in the run game and then and then just being able to sustain it.
Speaker 4: Head coach Doug Peterson discussing the Jags offensive line and the run blocking Welcome Back Jaguars Happy Hour at the Hundi Studios, JP Shattercu, Jeff Logoman, ten to Nexcel ninety two.
Speaker 3: Point five FM, Jaguars dot Com.
Speaker 4: Jaguars YouTube coming up in about eight minutes a little less than that, The Doug Peterson Show. Brian Saxon will step in at five o'clock today with the logs to speak with.
Speaker 3: The head coach in studio.
Speaker 4: Time now for the injury report presented by Baptist Health changing healthcare for good. Then, Jaguars have four players that have not practiced either day this week. Walker Little did not practice yesterday or today, and head coach Doug Peterson actually said today that he's most likely done for the year. He said, probably we'll miss the rest of the year. Walker Little, Darnell Savage stealing the concussion protocol is not practice this week. Day to day, Peterson said, they'll see how that progresses.
Speaker 3: Here's one thing, just real quick about that. Yeah, you know, when you are where you are as a franchise, out of the playoffs, et cetera, I think you air on the side of caution when it comes to protocol. Yeah, it's the rush, you know, that's my point. Yeah, it's look, if the brain can get a little extra time to heal, you let the brain get a little extra time to heal.
Speaker 4: Ventral Miller hasn't practiced this week. The linebacker with an ankle injury didn't do anything yesterday. According to Peterson, we'll see today. He said maybe limited, but he wasn't clearly so everybody else that should be good according to head coach Doug Peterson.
Speaker 3: The others on the list, let's complete the list. By the way, Devon Hamilton with an illness is not practiced either day. Brandon Sheriff head, shoulders, knees and toes limited both days. Brenton Strange shoulder should be fine, good to go, but limit did both days. As a Cleveland with a knee issue limited both days. It's one of the one of the questions we'll ask Doug Peterson about, is you know with Winger playing well, you know, Savage having the concussion protocol, you know, may may bring an opportunity for Winger. So so we'll ask him that. But he was a little salty last week after the game. Wingard was yeah, well, I mean, look, look, he wants to win and he wants to play. I mean, what's wrong with that? Right?
Speaker 4: It was a it was a as honest of a raw answer after a game that we've heard, I think all year in the locker room.
Speaker 3: I got, I got no no problems with that. Let me look at and he played well. Three pass defense and how many has he got on the season. He may end up having as many, if not more, than anybody else on the defense in his limited playtime. Second, real quick, he's been pretty good. And oh, by the way, the my Crack research staff, which is me, myself and I have found the Tennessee Titans most yards rushing allowed game, which remember, folks, the Titans franchise goes back to the Oilers days, which that franchise started in nineteen sixty in nineteen sixty one, the Houston this is kind of interesting. Excuse me, the Dallas Texans, which later became the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: In nineteen sixty one, the Dallas Texans rushed for three hundred and ninety eight yards against the Oilers Titans franchise. And that was the exact date.
Speaker 2: That was.
Speaker 3: December. Excuse me, no, October one of nineteen sixty one. That's like going way back, a long time ago. I wasn't born yet. I wasn't either. You weren't even a glimmer. That was nothing. That was a whole lot of nothing. By the way, I'm sitting here looking at it. Andrew Wing apparently there's been a scoring change because he only has two passes defense last week in the official Ledger. Okay, so something has happened, something changed, Not sure exactly what. So he's got two.
Speaker 4: H Foyer, Lucan and Darnell Savage each have the team lead with six passes defense this Tyson Campbell five.
Speaker 3: Give me? How about Cisco and Antonio Johnson? Antonio Johnson one and Cisco has uh hold on, I'm you're looking at the game. I'm looking.
Speaker 4: No, hold on, I didn't scroll up high enough. Ronald Darby nine leads the way, Monteric Brown, Andre Cisco, Jarion Jones seven, and then Foyer Darnell six. My apologies computer one on one here, Yeah, that's okay. In a tutorial to help you out there and next break or something.
Speaker 3: I do I do.
Speaker 4: By the way, there are some players, there's a lot of guys the Titans who haven't practiced both days.
Speaker 3: Tyler Boyd, wide receiver. One of those are the foot issue, Nick Folk, the kicker abdomen issue. By the way, they signed a kicker their practice squad. The guy that was here, I think, oh uh, Matthew Wright, Yes, yeah, yeah, he just had the game winner a couple of weeks ago for Kansas City. Yes, the doint for the division. Correct. Also the game winner in London against the Dolphins. Correct. You've just mentioned Tony Pollard. Just a little note on that he left the game last week that Tennessee played with an ankle, and he was in there long enough to pass one thousand yards rushing and then he was done. That was it. So I'm just wondering, is that an ankle that may be done for the season and he was just kind of toughening it out to get to one thousand yards because look, the reality is a thousand yards is a big number, and I'm sure there's incentives involved possibly with that number. Yeah, remember that this time of year too. That guy's trying to hit certain numbers. Bonuses and money's money. It's green even if your record is not there. I mean, individual performances are being tracked and there are incentives that are related to that. It is professional football. It is about the money. Last time I checked, they get paid. They certainly do and get paid.
Speaker 4: Well, that's the Baptist Health's injury report coming up in about a minute and a half.
Speaker 3: The Doug Peterson Show. Head coach will be in studio.
Speaker 4: Brian Sexton will sit in with you at logs and I'll be interested to see what coach Peterson has to say.
Speaker 3: With two weeks to go, you get the rest of the night off to day p take the rest of the night off. Hey thanks, Me and Sexton got it? You gonna handle it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, look, you had a big day yesterday, you know, calling games in Pittsburgh with the Kansas City Chiefs. It's a pretty cool deal. Yeah, it was good. Did you did you walk to the answer my question? We're gonna hear, We're gonna answer from the coach. I'm gonna ask him a lot of stuff doing. I got, I got a whole I got a whole list JP, I got, I got, I got twenty twenty questions here that I'm ready to wow, plenty of plenty of questions. Get some answers out of this. I'm gonna ask him about winger Winger playing well. I'm gonna ask him about the lack of takeaways, gonna ask him about Tennessee's monstrous number of giveaways. Love it all those things. Yeah, that's coming up next to Doug Peterson.
Speaker 4: Show is on deck here thanks to Joe Fortunato, Brent Reaver, our entire crew for Jeff Loghman, I'm JP shatterck oh.
Speaker 3: Thanks to Kay Stevens too. This is Jaguars Happy Hour.