Speaker 1: Good morning Usa yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 2: Yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo yo.
Speaker 3: Jess is out today. What loa laoe?
Speaker 4: So good morning.
Speaker 5: Charlamagne is running a little late and it's Monday. Back to the work week. How was your weekend? How was your Super Bowl weekend?
Speaker 3: Lauren?
Speaker 4: It was good. I went out yesterday with the harbor to watch the game.
Speaker 3: Okay, I was.
Speaker 4: I was in there with my ear pods and I was listening all the way.
Speaker 6: My friends was laughing at me because I was like, y'all, I can't miss nothing, Like I got to see everything.
Speaker 4: I watched a full game that actually paid attention.
Speaker 3: Did you understand everything?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I told you.
Speaker 6: I used to work get a real sports at my school, so I'll be knowing what's going on.
Speaker 4: Ok a little bit.
Speaker 5: What do you think about the Super Bowl? What'd you think about the halftime performance?
Speaker 6: I thought the halftime performance was good. I think that there's a lot. I think we're going to be decoding it for the next couple of weeks. Okay, for sure, I'm interested to see, like if my interpretation was you guys interpretation of what the message that Kendrick sent a double on Tandra in my opinion.
Speaker 5: I'm sure we'll talk about it more during the show. I was a dance dad this week and to all the dance DEDs. I don't know why they would have a competition during Super Bowl weekend, but they did. But congratulations to my daughter one I think one in the trio duo. Where's a bunch of them. They won first her solo. She came in second, and the other daughter came in fourth. And this is about out eight hundred kids or drop a bomb for them. I'm super duper proud of them.
Speaker 4: And y'all had to navigate through the snow.
Speaker 6: And then I did a fashion show and then driving home, I was on like twenty miles per hour.
Speaker 5: It was crazy this weekend. And then we watched the Super Bowl together as a family. You know, we all came maybe all of my bedroom. We watched the football game. We watched the halftime performance and it was a great game. And we'll talk about the performance.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to Kendrick and Tde I think they did a phenomenal job.
Speaker 3: And what they were supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Congratulations to the Eagles them too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I was gonna get to that. Congratulations to the Eagles and all the Eagle fans. You guys deserve it. You put ass well belt to ass last night. You did your thing. I mean I never seen a beating like that in a long tieam took.
Speaker 6: They didn't even score until win like the third.
Speaker 3: The third or fourth quarter.
Speaker 4: I knew what was happening.
Speaker 5: It was a nasty game. But congratulations to the Eagles fans. And I got a shout out to my son Logan.
Speaker 4: Oh, he was outside.
Speaker 5: Logan went to New Orleans right and he was like, your dad, can you set me up? So I set I set Logan up. Salute to Cardi b drop a drum, drop a bomb for Cardi. Be Atoya who said I got your son and they he partied with them the whole weekend, the whole weekend. And also salute to Larry Morrow. Larry Morrow, he's been on the show a couple of times. You know, he owns a couple of restaurants and night clubs in New Orleans. He was Larry Morrow's best friend this whole weekend.
Speaker 4: Like that's a great place to be.
Speaker 3: Like when I say, crazy, crazy me right now? Is he in the club?
Speaker 4: Hung up? He was somewhere with lights though it looked like a club or something.
Speaker 5: Oh no, no, no, look he's in the club right now. And who is he with?
Speaker 3: Now? This is crazy? Let me see he's with Offset right now? What's up? Off said? What's up? Piece? What's up? Brother?
Speaker 4: Good morning, y'all.
Speaker 3: Can't believe this Logan is Lily.
Speaker 4: He's trying to try and tell you son we on air.
Speaker 5: Offset alright, brother, he said, I got your son. Oh this is crazy, but anyway, Yes, Logan is in New Orleans. He's enjoying himself. He's living his best life, the life that we should be out there living.
Speaker 4: He's with cardib in Offset.
Speaker 5: At the same time, let's get the show cracking. Big Day couldn't be joining us this morning.
Speaker 3: You know day Timore. She's a Detroit rapper.
Speaker 5: She's actually suing Lyft for allegedly denying her a ride over her waist. So we're gonna talk to her and a little bit and break everything down. We got front page news next Charlemagne and being here in a second, We're gonna start like that for Philly. All right, I'm not mad at. It's the Bakfast Club. Good morning, good morning. Everybody's DJ Envy, Jess hilarious, Charlomagne the guy.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Law on the Rosa filling in for Jess, and let's get in some front page news. Of course, this weekend Super Bowl Eagles washed the Chiefs forty to twenty two. Drop a bomb for the Philadelphia Eagles, and also drop a bom for Sakwon Barkley.
Speaker 3: He broke the NFL single season Russian record.
Speaker 5: With twenty five hundred yards, So congratulations to him.
Speaker 3: Ex New York Giant. I just want to say that, good morning million.
Speaker 8: What you try to say is y'all fumbled at as well as y'all say, no mine.
Speaker 5: We helped the Eagles, That's what I'm saying. We helped the Eagles. They needed little help, so we helped them.
Speaker 8: All right, Good morning in the and I'm like, who all in there?
Speaker 9: It's a little light, Hey, hey, Laura, how y'all doing pay I'm all right, let's get into it. So Jalen hurts he's taking home Super Bowl fifty nine MVP honors. The Eagles quarterback completed seventeen of twenty two passes for two hundred and twenty one yards, two touchdowns and one interception. He added seventy two rushing yards and one score on eleven carries. Now, again, like you mentioned, the Eagles blew out the Chiefs forty to twenty two to bring the Lombardi.
Speaker 8: Trophy back to the city of brother they love.
Speaker 9: It's the second ever title for the team who took down the Patriots back in Super Bowl fifty two. Now, Meanwhile, Chiefs quarterback pactor of Mahomes, he passed for two hundred and fifty seven yards, three touchdowns and committed three turnovers. Philly rookie corner Cooper Dejon He picked off Mahomes and returned it for a touchdown for his first ever career interception or his first career interception, while the defense combined for six total sacks without blinting once. Now, the twenty four to zip halftime lee was the largest second largest in Super Bowl history, and the thirty four to zip advantage is the third quarter and the third quarter was the biggest in Super Bowl forty eight back in twenty fourteen. Now, of course, the Eagles succeeded in getting their revenge against the Chiefs after they fell to Kansas City three points two years ago in Super Bowl fifty seven. Head coach Nick Sirianni spoke more about Jalen Hurts today compared to who he was as a quarterback two years ago in that game.
Speaker 8: Let's hear more from Nick Sirianni.
Speaker 3: He just keeps getting better. He knows how to win.
Speaker 10: He does a great job of being able to block out all the outside noise. I think it's you know, I find it funny when it's like, you know, well, Jalen is good. He's got a good team around him. Like that's football. Like again, you cannot be great without the greatness of others.
Speaker 9: So Eagles Q quarterback Jalen Hurts he said it's hard to put the win into words. And running back Saquon Barkley, he said, the feeling is surreal. Let's hear more from them and how they feel about this game.
Speaker 3: Still processing it.
Speaker 11: You know, it's been a's been a long journey. It's been a journey of ups and downs and highs and lows, and I've always stayed true to it.
Speaker 1: In the end.
Speaker 11: Man having his vision of just being the best that I can be.
Speaker 7: That's what it's all about you dream about these moments as a little kid, and you know it's just amazing to have your family and friends and especially your family, you know, deal with me through it, all the ups and the downs, and here we are World champs mm.
Speaker 9: HM and Chiefs quarterback Patrick Mahomes. He also checked in post game and said most of the blame is on him. Let's take a listen to his comments.
Speaker 12: Credit to the Eagles. Now, they play better than us from start to finish. How we didn't start how we wanted to. Obviously, the turnovers hurt, and I mean I just kind of I take all the blame for that. I mean, just those early turnovers swing the momentum of the game. I mean they scored on the one and then they got a touchdown immediately after. So that's fourteen points that I kind of gave them. And it's hard to come back from that in the super Bowl. And so just didn't play to my standard and I have to be better next time.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you also got a credit the Eagles defense. Eagles defense was amazing last night. They weren't allowing nothing. They weren't allowed they weren't giving him time in the pocket. They weren't able to run last night. I mean, the Eagles defense was like no other last night. They played, they came to play.
Speaker 8: Yes they did, Yes they did.
Speaker 9: And in case you missed it, a man that was dressed in all black that stormed the field during the halftime show waiting a Palestinian and Sudanese flags with the words Gaza and Sudan written on the flags. That was not planned. So the NFL released a statement. They said, we commend security for quickly detaining the individual who displayed the flag. He was part, he was, he was a part of the four hundred member cast. But the individual hid the item in his position and unveiled it late in the show. No one involved was with the production was aware of the individual's intent, So yeah. And then a spokesperson for Rock Nation also said the act by the individual was neither planned nor part of the production and was never in any rehearsal.
Speaker 5: So things like I wonder why they even discussed it or even talk about it because we didn't see it at home.
Speaker 3: I didn't see it.
Speaker 4: You didn't see it at home, but it was everywhere.
Speaker 8: All after that way around the around social media.
Speaker 9: But I figured that was going to be the case anyways, in regards to Kendrick's halftime show, because you know, he's very strategic. He has a lot of oh my gosh, I like some Lincoln. He's very strategic. He has a lot of you know, things that he put underline. So I thought that maybe you know, that was part of it, but no, that one of that particular element was not part of the show.
Speaker 5: Okay, all right, well that is front page News. Thank you, Morgan, thank you.
Speaker 8: All right, talk to y'all at seven.
Speaker 5: All right, everybody else, get it off your chest. Eight hundred five eight five one, five to one.
Speaker 3: How was your weekend? Let's talk super Bowl? What did you do?
Speaker 5: What did you think? Did you like the performance? Did you hate the performance? Was it just mid Let's discuss how did you think about the game? Call us up right now. We would love to know what you did this weekend. Eight hundred five eight five one five one is.
Speaker 3: The Breakfast Club? Good morning, the Breakfast Club?
Speaker 2: Ray right, Ray.
Speaker 3: Yo, Charla Man Dansey?
Speaker 2: What up are we lying?
Speaker 3: This is your time to get it off your chest?
Speaker 13: I got an indoor pool, door pool.
Speaker 3: We want to hear from you on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 2: When you get on the phone right now.
Speaker 14: He'll tell you what it is.
Speaker 1: We lie.
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this? This is Jay J.
Speaker 7: What's up?
Speaker 3: What are you calling from? Brother? Okay, queens, what's up?
Speaker 15: Man?
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest?
Speaker 16: Man, k drink with my trash?
Speaker 13: Super Bowl performance?
Speaker 17: Trash?
Speaker 3: You didn't like it at all? What didn't you like? Break it down? What what?
Speaker 13: I'm just feeling? And we soon very mid except the last two.
Speaker 3: The one he did with went straight.
Speaker 16: But she should have just played smooths afterwards because it was traps cut the jokes.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought I thought it was a slow start, but I won't say this. You say you didn't like the songs, or you didn't know the songs, or what's the reason why you.
Speaker 16: Said I knew some of them?
Speaker 13: But I just, I mean, I know everybody like Kendrick Matt, but I just don't feel like he got the catalog to get people to be moving the way they need to be moving.
Speaker 4: Okay, felt like it just wasn't upbeat. You wanted to dance a little bit more.
Speaker 13: From my House was basically sweeping, man like, wake it up? And so he did not like us done a lot of dumb but there was too much into it, little tresh.
Speaker 3: Okay, thank you, Jay?
Speaker 7: All right?
Speaker 3: Hello, who's this Kenny?
Speaker 13: Hey, Kenny, good morning, good morning, good morning, breakfast club, good morning, God.
Speaker 3: Get it off your chest, Kenny.
Speaker 14: You know, I just want to say, man, they Eagles one, man, Eagles one.
Speaker 13: Come on, come on, Charlotte, man, come.
Speaker 5: On, charlamage in yet but gas speller, Eagles speller, Eagles out, go ahead e l e s gee hey ego.
Speaker 3: That sounds that sounds about right. Thank you, sir.
Speaker 14: I love your God, man, love your God.
Speaker 18: You know what it is.
Speaker 3: Have a good one. Brother. Hello, who's this?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 18: This is Spike.
Speaker 3: What's up? Brother? Get it off your chest?
Speaker 18: Yeah? Yeah, I was my opinion on the super Bowl, like, I think it could have been better. Was an okay performance. I just don't think it's super Bowl and it was a big stage.
Speaker 3: I think Young Money would.
Speaker 18: Have better than Bill had little being out there and it was he did Ballians and he could have brunk out, you know, all the original people from Cash Funny would have been legendary. But I did what they was going with Kendrick, but I just feel like he should have performed his old songs and stuff like that. Perform too much of his old catalog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he definitely performed a lot of his new catalog.
Speaker 5: There was a lot of songs I would have loved to hear, but I would love to hear why he went the way that he went. I didn't think it was one of the best performances I've ever seen Kendrick, you know, perform.
Speaker 3: But after it was cool.
Speaker 5: I still got to give a lot of props for getting out there and doing it and making sure it was good. He's not a dancer, so I don't know if people expecting him to dance and flip and the moon walk. He's a rapper. He's not that type of person, so I didn't expect that at all. And I also would love to tell people when you see them country singer singing and ain't up there with a guitar and we don't know none of their music, but you know their course Stills loves and supports them is just different. But you know, I just you know, I just wonder we'll take some more costs.
Speaker 3: Thank you for calling. Brother.
Speaker 6: I'm like, I'm what did you expect from I expected what I got from Kendrick. Really, Yeah, I mean, Kendrick is very like he has. He's gonna come with a message. It's gonna be very choreographed, and you gotta dig into it, and you're gonna be decoding it for weeks to come.
Speaker 4: Like That's what I expected from him.
Speaker 5: I just I guess I expect him to do other songs that I think were a lot bigger, Like if Pyroles and Cribs all got a lot like that song? I thought it was big swimming Pools. What's the other one, Don't kill My Vibe? Yeah, a good kid, Mad City. I just thought he would have did a lot of those records as well. But I'm sure there was a methodist man this Get It off your Chest eight hundred five eight five one oh five one.
Speaker 3: If you need to vent hit us up now it's the breakfast Club. Good morning.
Speaker 4: That's just me.
Speaker 3: I'm what the coach of philing Hello? Who was this? Hey, Good morning, Destiny, get it off your chest, good morning.
Speaker 17: I want to get it off My test about Kendrick's Super Bowl halftime performance, what you think was it was crazy? From having Uncle Sam play Samuel Jackson playing Uncle Sam, the dancers portraying the flag, you know, being built on the backs of blacks. It was amazing, amazing for hip hop and for the culture, and.
Speaker 6: That's what I expected from Kendricks. I don't know what people wanted him to do, Like, why.
Speaker 3: Do y'all care about these people?
Speaker 1: You do understand that on social media, if you get out of your bubble, everything is fifty to fifty people.
Speaker 6: Calling up here are real people. Every collet her has hated the perfumer.
Speaker 3: Well, I can understand. I listen, here's the thing. I thought aesthetically it was great.
Speaker 4: I thought it was good.
Speaker 1: I thought aesthetically it was fantastic. The only thing I would have changed was the setless.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I didn't love the songs. Like I said earlier, I thought there was other songs I would have loved for him to do. But I'm sure there was a methode to his manners, and I'm sure we'll find you.
Speaker 1: I think the memod was he just wasn't trying to be commercials.
Speaker 3: That's what I think the whole way.
Speaker 1: If you want to call it underground, I mean underground, Kendrick can be Hello, who's this.
Speaker 18: Is mar this Marvel?
Speaker 3: Nor Mark?
Speaker 1: What up?
Speaker 19: Man?
Speaker 3: Get off your chest?
Speaker 13: What's going on? And if you finally made it through. Good Morning, Charla man morning, not just Laurence. I want Lawyd come on, Laurence.
Speaker 18: I just want to talk. I just want to talk about the show.
Speaker 3: Okay, go ahead, brother. It was trash.
Speaker 13: It was trash.
Speaker 3: What do you think? So what didn't you like?
Speaker 13: Like I said, the crowd wasn't literally into it until the uh not like us came on?
Speaker 3: Can I ask you a question?
Speaker 1: And maybe maybe it's just me and I'm not making no excuses. I'm just what super Bowl performance? Was the crowd into it? I don't never watch the Super Bowl performances and say, yo, the crowd ain't.
Speaker 13: Up in the middle of the question, up there and everything else came on?
Speaker 3: Now Rihanna, Rihanna was pregnant.
Speaker 5: Rihanna didn't give she was pregnant, so I didn't expect a whole lot. Remember she was kind of.
Speaker 3: You know, he's talking about this crowd. I don't remember, and I could be wrong.
Speaker 5: Was crazy during EMINEMM before eminem doctor Dre fifty.
Speaker 3: The crowd going on the crowd. I wasn't paying attention to crowd. I don't remember. I don't remember any crowd more. You know, the only crowd moment I.
Speaker 1: Can remember in Super Bowl history Michael Jackson, Michael Jacksckael Jackson.
Speaker 4: Yesterday before the performance.
Speaker 1: That's the only time I can remember the crowd like losing their minds at the Super Bowl before.
Speaker 6: I normally judge it by just personally how I feel, like what I take away from it, but also where I'm at, like how people reacting. Where I was at yesterday, people was hype. They did get more hype to not like us, But I think people was just excited to see him finally on the stage because we've been talking about it for so long.
Speaker 1: My only thing, once again, I would have if I was Kendrick, I would have changed the set list. And this goes back to what I said last week or whenever I said this. I wouldn't have performed out like us. I would have just gave him the hook in the in the the the hook because it made it too much about Drake.
Speaker 3: I thought it was dope. No, it was all.
Speaker 6: I thought he wasn't going to perform it because of what he was season it. I did feel like this was he gave Drake too much. It was the super Bowl like let's it was Drake.
Speaker 5: I thought it was dope the way he did it. I love the t's and all that, the little little you know. I don't know if I could do it, because they'd be suing, y'all. I thought the whole thing was done. I thought that that part.
Speaker 1: I would love to see a Kendrick's Super Bowl performance without anything to do with Drinke, and how much different his focus would be.
Speaker 3: How different would him and.
Speaker 1: His team approach it if they weren't trying to you know, tep the nail in the coffin on.
Speaker 6: Drake, Like, how many people that were there, and just how many people watch it even if they heard about the drink and Kendrick be they're not really in it like we are. So I was wondering how that translated to other people. But then I started seeing articles of people being like, we were a little confused because they don't they don't Kendrick by all the big songs. They don't always know like they know not like us, but they don't know the back and forth.
Speaker 5: Well, get it off your chest eight hundred five eight five, one oh five one. We got Jess with the mess coming up? What were talking about?
Speaker 6: We do We're gonna get into the Super Bowl. We're gonna break the game down the big moments. Of course, we're gonna talk about Kendrick and halftime. There's a lot to.
Speaker 5: Discuss, all right, we'll get to that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's DJ NV Jesse hilarious, Charlamage the guy we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Wake up and want to go back to sleep.
Speaker 1: When you hear a ciszus NEOs Okay, I mean god, dang, so I'm playing for three?
Speaker 3: Is now? How long has it been? About? Three?
Speaker 15: Three?
Speaker 3: Got about presidential term? Got about another year? God?
Speaker 5: All right, Well, let's get to jests with the mess for lawn l Rosa mus is real, Laurien's.
Speaker 20: Just ca Robbin Moore just don't do the lines, don't do talk the space, nobody.
Speaker 16: Talk them stations low.
Speaker 1: Why jests worldwise? Mess man talk on the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: The coaching Lauren Lauren Lorosa, I'm back and I got the mess talk to me.
Speaker 4: All right, y'all.
Speaker 6: So the day that we've been waiting for Super Bowl Sunday went down yesterday. The Eagles beat the Chiefs forty to twenty two.
Speaker 1: Why is today not a national holiday. We should have a day off the day after Super Bowl.
Speaker 6: A lot of people, especially if you're fro Philly, you took off work today. People were hardy. I'm sure hacked sheet was insane yesterday. So as the games. Before the actual coverage of the game started, you saw Michael Strahan a bunch of different people, uh doing a walk down Bourbon Street in New Orleans giving a tribute to, you know, the fourteen families who had victims lost in that attack. They had the Human Jukebox Southern State performing. They did some Boosy tributes, they did some hot boy tributes.
Speaker 4: That was good to see.
Speaker 6: Lettasy performed the literary voice and scene. You had John Baptiste out there as well too. Then the game started and you know people filing on in.
Speaker 4: Trump was there.
Speaker 6: He's the first sitting president to attend a Super Bowl. He brought members of Congress with him, Speaker Mike Johnson, Lindsey Graham, Katie Britt, Tommy Tuperville, Evanka Trump, Lord Trump were there as well with him. Jay Z and Blueyvy were on the tickets.
Speaker 3: I was thinking about that Trump tickets.
Speaker 6: It's no way Trump, you got to pay for take of course, you know, Anne Hathaway was there and her Eagles Green. I didnt even know she was an Eagles fan, but she was there and her Eagles Green Kevin Hart. There was so many people there. Of course, it was a huge night. But getting to the actual game, Jalen Hurts is now the fourth black quarterback to win a Super Bowl. Twitter was going crazy about that. He also took MVP home yesterday after the dominant Well, let's take a listen to him talk about after he was awarded the MVP Trophy.
Speaker 3: I think we had a focused group out there.
Speaker 11: Offense was able to score points, to take advantage of opportunities, you know, just enough to put points on the board. And then defense, defense played their ass off. They played how they played all year, you know, and I truly believe offense wins game, but defense wins championships. And how that defense has been able to play a great testament to them. He's been a long journey. It's been a journey of ups and downs and highs and lows, and I've always stayed true to it in the end and having his vision of just being the best that I can be, and that evolving over time into this desire and his flame inside to win. And you don't do great things without the guys around you.
Speaker 1: The defense was stellar, Okay, Patrick Mahomes stunk it up, all right. He leads me to believe that Kendrick Lamar is kryptonite. The biracial men Jesus, I mean Cole Drake, Patrick Mahomes, they simply don't perform well when Kendrick.
Speaker 6: It was real bad yesterday And yeah, I was watching it and I was not even a big football person.
Speaker 4: I was like Patrick Mahomes and need like a spot d.
Speaker 3: He didn't do anything the whole game.
Speaker 4: Throw interceptions.
Speaker 3: Couldn't even a nigga out of frustration because.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of frustration, they showed Taylor Swift on the screen literally for like a second.
Speaker 4: She was there, Yo.
Speaker 6: They bowed her so bad and the Eaglesh fans was not taking particularly.
Speaker 1: She looked at Ices like, oh god did she looked at Ice wife like that's for you girl that.
Speaker 6: She was looking like what I'm like, Welcome to Philly, Welcome to Philly. Today was a lot of the Eagles fans.
Speaker 1: And fans, a lot of Eagles that they got nothing to do with city that just people just don't like he swift.
Speaker 5: That was I think the majority they said the majority of Philly was in that building.
Speaker 6: Yes, But then you know, the halftime happened, right, So Kendrick Lamar finally gave us the moments that I think a lot of.
Speaker 4: People were looking for.
Speaker 6: So he opened up his halftime performance and he had a big message.
Speaker 4: The black Uncle Sam, Samuel L.
Speaker 6: Jackson comes out and he's like, welcome to this is the game of life. So basically like what we watched Kendrick Lamar do was he sat kind of like a chessboard and they performed in a game of life. And he gave us different scenarios throughout the Super Bowl halftime show of what he thought the game of life was.
Speaker 1: Let's just talk about it. Look, man, the whole point of the performance to me was to not play it safe. The whole point of the performance was to not be commercial on what is probably the most commercial stage in America.
Speaker 3: And like you just said, Lauren, having Samuel L.
Speaker 1: Jackson is Uncle Sam out there telling him you should play it safe, and Kendrick Lee purposely not doing that, right, that was dope to me.
Speaker 5: I thought that was dope to I think the whole show was pretty cool. Wasn't amazing to me? I didn't love his set. I wish you would have did other songs because he had bigger songs and songs I think would have been connecting.
Speaker 3: I think, you know, when you look at.
Speaker 5: Uh if Py Rules and Cribs or like that song or swimming Pools or I wouldn't There's.
Speaker 3: A lot of songs I would have had. I think, go ahead.
Speaker 6: I was gonna say, I think a lot of people are arguing about the set list. But for me, I kind of expected Kendrick to come with a message. And when I saw Samuel Jackson open it in the conversation that I knew that they were about to have, I knew he was about to get like deep deep Kendrick.
Speaker 1: Aesthetically, I gave it a ten, you know what I mean. But I agree with him, But I thought his settlers could have been way better. He could have just picked bigger, high energy songs than the ones that did. For example, it was an unapologetically ultra black performance.
Speaker 3: Imagine if he would have opened up with Black at a Berry.
Speaker 4: He opened with like a freestyle that we had never heard before.
Speaker 1: You imagine if blackett a Berry was the first song on Kendrick set, That's the super Bowl, and then he threw in joints like I Mad Kid, like you said, V Money Tree, Money Trees, Backseat Freestyle mixed in with TV off and Humble and squabble up. Oh, he would have killed it and and and if you were gonna do not Like Us, which I feel don't think he should have done because he just gave Drake too much, I don't think so.
Speaker 4: And he addressed it directly. I didn't think he was going to do that.
Speaker 6: He actually said, I want to do y'all song, but everybody's favorite song, but you know they it's like, oh wow, I love.
Speaker 1: That feel like between that euphoria and not like Us. He gave Drake too much like But if he was going to do it, he should have did the last verse based off the theme of his show last night. Since it was so ultra black, so unapologetical black, he should have did the last verse. And I know you wanted to get to the a minor part for the crowd reaction, but to match the blackness of his performance, I would have just did the last verse.
Speaker 5: I did not want to even if he did both versts if he did the first verse and then that last, I mean, yeah, Drake the.
Speaker 4: Whole stage majority of the time to do that.
Speaker 6: He talked a lot about life and you know, America's been on the on black people's backs.
Speaker 4: But people grabbed a lot of the Drakes.
Speaker 6: They were trying to say that his A train was for the A Minor, But I believe it's the A from the pg Lange.
Speaker 3: They had flags with that on them.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but this is pg Langes, like, this is their brand, this is their like logo.
Speaker 6: And because he has label yeah, his late I'm sorry because he had the A h on people thought it was for A minor but nothing. I have no idea, but this is what's on their website.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, I just did not want to hear Baka Chubbs and Parties name on stage of.
Speaker 3: The super Bowl. It's a disrecord. That's probably one of his biggest records ever. He had to do it to you, didn't He didn't have to. I think he did.
Speaker 1: That's the biggest record ever. Don't matter, Kendrick. Kendrick is bigger than records. He didn't have to do it.
Speaker 3: And I think everybody was waiting for him to do that. That's a big song.
Speaker 5: And for people that don't know about the dissing and all that, they just like the song and they be they not like us. They don't know what's a disrecord. They just you know, look at it and there's a competition record saying he had to do it.
Speaker 1: I've been having for the pass. He didn't have to do Absolutely positively, he's Kendrick Lamar. He's a public serprise winning artist.
Speaker 3: That's that's cool. He had to do that, he didn't have to do.
Speaker 4: He would have looked scary if he didn't. But we got a record. He could come back and bring it last night.
Speaker 3: Please. But let's open up the phone lines.
Speaker 5: We can discuss that eight hundred five eight five, one oh five more when we come back. We got front page news. It will take your phone calls as well. Let's discuss Kendrick Lamore super Bowl. What's your thoughts? Its the breakfast Lug the morning. If you're like into the breakfast club wanting everybody, it's dj NV just hilarious, Charlamagne the God.
Speaker 3: We are the breakfast club.
Speaker 5: Long the roster, filling in for Jess and let's get in some front page news again. Congratulations to all the Eagle fans out there. The Eagles beat the Chiefs forty to twenty two. Thank you God for taking the Chiefs out of their misery. I mean, I don't know if I could the stomach Sean Taylor Swift on the field after this game. I'm gonna be honest with you. I ain't want for you to know her and Travis Kelsey kissing. You know, I don't believe that hole he was going for poss Oh my god.
Speaker 4: I was about to say that. They say he was supposed to propose.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but nobody was he was gonna do that. The first of all, he would never upstage his teammates like that. That's a dumb Internet father to think that Travis Kelcey, a football player, would get on his knee at the end of the Super Bowls and proposed the Taylor Swift That would be that that would be ridiculous. His team would be highly upset him if he did that. Why I take away from their moments for Hugh and Taylor, Well, that wasn't gonna happen.
Speaker 5: Congratulations to the Eagles and congratulations to sain Kwon Barkley. He broke the NFL single season Russian record with twenty five hundred yards actually twenty five oh four, So congratulations to him and congratulations.
Speaker 3: What's up, Bargain.
Speaker 9: What's up is congratulations are in order for the city of brotherly love and.
Speaker 4: Philadelphia Mayor and Charrelle Parker, Well.
Speaker 9: She has a message for Philadelphia residents as celebrations take place, let's hear more from Mayor Parker.
Speaker 21: Please, Philadelphia, I implore you, as your mayor, do not climb light poles or anything else. I know this comes up every time we have an outdoor celebration after our Philly teams win, and I get it, but folks climbing or attempting to climb up a light pole or a bus shelter, or really any structure for that matter, it can lead to tragedy.
Speaker 1: The last time, did you see they put baby oil on all the poles in Philadelpia They lubricating the polls.
Speaker 3: Last time it was that much baby oil on poles.
Speaker 9: You know what that was, right, Mayor Parker, She did make the com it's ahead of Super Bowl fifty nine. Of course, this comes after tragedy stuck struck, excuse me, following Eagles NFC Championship win. Eighteen year old Tyler Sabapathy, a Temple University student. He died from injuries after climbing a pole in Center City.
Speaker 8: So you guys be careful out there as you celebrate.
Speaker 9: Please do it safely and responsibly, because we wanted to be able to do it again next year. Ryan, all right, So switching gears to more political news. President Trump he is defending the efforts of Elon Musk and the Department of Government Efficiency. In an interview with Fox News ahead of Super Bowl fifty nine, which Trump was attending the government, he said the government bodies like the US Agency for International Development or USAID, as you guys have seen our rife with waste, fraud, and abuse. Now Trump's outed his administration's effort to reshape USAID, saying a few good programs run by the agency should be turned over to new management. He's suggesting Mark or Rubio, who is over the State Department. Let's hear more from President Trump.
Speaker 19: Well, we're talking about hundreds of millions of dollars of money. It's going to places where it shouldn't be going. Where if I read a list, just say this is ridiculous and you've read the same lists, and there are many that you haven't even seen.
Speaker 3: It's crazy.
Speaker 19: I think I'd rather give it to Marco Rubio over at the State Department.
Speaker 3: Let him take care of the few good ones.
Speaker 9: And by few good ones, he's talking about the programs run by that agency. Trump also doubled down on his aspirations for Canada to become the fifty first US state. He also says he trusts Elon Musk as the head of DOZE and has been happy with his job so far. He plans to instruct Musk to go after the Department of Education and the military next in terms of, you know, figuring out what's efficient and what's not.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you something, man, I was in Maryland over the weekend for my daughter's cheerleading competition. The amount of people black and white who came up to me telling me they may lose their jobs all because Elon Musk is controlling how the federal government paid them seriously was scary. And I mean, I mean, you know, I know, there's a lot of things going on and people like to focus on, you know, a little bit of everything, but Elon must being in control of how the federal government paid people, and Elon must being responsible.
Speaker 3: For whose jobs get cut and whose jobs does it.
Speaker 1: That, right there is what's really impacting people, black, white, It don't matter that right there, the impacting everybody in a real way.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So with that, you know, Elon Musky does have his hands in a lot of pots. So I will say that a federal judge has blocked Elon Musk and DOGE from accessing the payment system used at the Treasury Treasury Department. A judge ruled on Saturday that only civil servants who need to use the system to do their job will have access to it. And the ruling also requires that any data that has been downloaded. I know you guys have been hearing stories about DOGE and these young guys who are working for the agency using their own laptops and things like that. Well, any data that has been downloaded as a result of DOGE infiltrating or doing what they're doing must now.
Speaker 8: Be blocked or destroyed.
Speaker 9: The order will remain in effect until at least Friday. And yeah, this has been brought by teen Democratic States attorneys seeking to figure out what's going on with this situation. So yeah, I mean the I'm like, I guess we're doing what we can. You know, if people are doing what they can with what they what they can, I'm not sure this is what people are saying, as you continue to say, is we're unprecedented times. So I can't call it y'all, but I will say that National Security Advisor Mike Walls he is defending President Trump's attempts to reshape the USAI D. He spoke to NBC's Meet the Press, saying the organization spends money in ways that don't support strategic US interests, and he claims it isn't very effective at one of its stated purposes, which is providing international humanitarian aid. And let's hear more from National Security Advisor Mike Walts, we need.
Speaker 22: To realign their mission and line it up with the president's foreign policy vision. I think that is perfectly appropriate for USAID to be kind of tucked in to the State Department and better align with their mission rather than just spreading money around. All too often only cents on the dollar actually makes it to people in need. Between the big contractors, the subcontractors, the local contractors.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, now that's even worse because Trump has put the funding freeze in place, and the agency is attempting to put thousands of its employees on unpaid administrative leave, and what critics is saying and an effort to shut down that agency. So a federal judge, of course block those employees from being placed on leave after a lawsuit was filed by multiple labor unions. So that speaks more to what you were saying, Charlemagne, about how people are going to be impacted in ways that are very untraditional and you might not see it come in.
Speaker 4: You may, you may not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, and especially being that you know, Donald Trump and Republicans ran off ran on dinner table issues, right, and they were saying things like you know, you know, we know that you can't you know, keep food on your table, and the groceries was what he kept, you know, targeting. But now you're making it hall for people, people losing their jobs.
Speaker 3: Acts.
Speaker 23: Acts.
Speaker 9: Well, let's switch gears and move out west to see what's going on in California. Former Vice President Kamala Hairs She spent last week touring the Palisades burn area in southern California. She spoke about the devastation in Altadena and how it impacted generations of black and Latino families who owned homes in the area. Now, when asked she had plans to run for governor of the state of California, here's what but former Vice President Kamala Hares had to say.
Speaker 24: I have been home for two weeks and three days. My plans are to be in touch with my community, to be in touch with the leaders and figure out what I can do to support them, and most importantly, to lift up the folks who are surviving this extraordinary crisis and do what I can do to offer any assistance, even if it is a kind word.
Speaker 4: Along the way.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So, Harris met with first responders in La County public Works crews. Pacific Palisades is not far from her home in Brentwood, which was an in an evacuation zone at one point last month. She also toured the Eaton fire burn zone in Altadena after a having home from Washington, d C. On January twentieth, which was also an inauguration day. So, and I also think this is a great time for me to just go ahead and say thank you to Mimi for holding it down for me on Friday. You know, she's my La girl, and she held it down on Friday, did a wonderful job. So thanks to Mimi and shout out to her for that. But that's pretty much.
Speaker 4: It, guys.
Speaker 9: That's your front page News. Morgan would follow me on social at Morgan Media. Follow Black Information Network at Black Information Network, download the free iHeartRadio app, and visit us at bi Innews dot com.
Speaker 8: Y'all have a great week, Thank you, Logan.
Speaker 5: All right, well, let's open up the phone lines eight hundred and five eight five one oh five one. We were talking about the Super Bowl performers all weekend long.
Speaker 3: We'ld love to hear what you have to say. Call us up. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 20: Steady call phe.
Speaker 3: It's topic time.
Speaker 1: Call eight hundred five five one five one to join in to the discussion with the Breakfast.
Speaker 3: Clubod morning everybody.
Speaker 5: It's DJ n V Jess hilarious, chelamage God we are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 3: Just is out today.
Speaker 5: Laurna lea Rosa is feeling and now if you're just joining us with opening up the phone lines eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Kendrick Lamar performed at the Super Bowl halftime and you want to break it down a little bit. I know we missed some of the audio earlier, so I'm sure we can get into some of that audio now.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So Kendrick Lamar performed and he opened with Samuel L. Jackson as Uncle Sam with a message to the people, no no.
Speaker 3: No, no, no.
Speaker 5: Ghetto la, do you really know how to play the game?
Speaker 6: And then after that he actually got to the song that everybody wanted to hear him, do not like us? He teased it, actually he wasn't gonna do it, and then he went into it and took a direct shot at Drake.
Speaker 25: Lady, Yes, I want to make a move show. I want to perform their favorite song. But you know they love the Super's. Yeah that song, Oh.
Speaker 3: Maybe I think about you know what? I slowed down say, ladies, stupid this suning? You lost your damn ma. You mean took a direct shot of Drake.
Speaker 1: Whenever you do it, not like a direction of dreaded kind of.
Speaker 6: But when he brought up the I want to do the song, but you know they like the sue, I feel like that was that was a that was a k that was another.
Speaker 3: That's more direct thing. Hey, Drake, I heard you like I'm young now that you and the.
Speaker 4: Look did y'all.
Speaker 6: Y'all saw the look, the grin when he looked at the camera and they did this grin.
Speaker 4: You're right, he's been giving direction shot all the whole year.
Speaker 1: I still wouldn't have done that like us if I was Kendrick. And you know, Kendrick is bigger than not like us, not like us as a moment in time for Kendrick, it does not define him or who he is, but I will say it's so for This all started because Cole and Drake got on First person Shooter saying things like it's a big three, but I feel like Muhammad Ali And you know, Drake was asking who's the goat and both of them saying they big as the super Bowl.
Speaker 3: No, you're not.
Speaker 1: Kendrick is all right, Kendrick is big as the super Bowl. Kendrick did the Super Bowl last night. And you know at the end of the set it said game over. Yep, and I really hope it is.
Speaker 3: At this point.
Speaker 1: You know this should be you can't. You should never go past the mark you aim for in victory.
Speaker 4: Is the game really over?
Speaker 26: Though?
Speaker 4: Because Kendrick has the whole GNX tour.
Speaker 6: He's going to throw He's gonna rethrow the shots he's already thrown, and I'm sure he's gonna pull some rabbits out of hats. Like Serena popping up and doing the crip walk was like that was Mary.
Speaker 4: Everybody was like, what's the big surprise.
Speaker 1: He has Bob Serena's white husband. I would have said, look here, why are you out here crip walking over your ex? We are married with kids. This has nothing to do with you. Okay, baby, you still got feelings or something like you know you like, is this like a door still open?
Speaker 3: You need closure? Why you need to be out there krip walking?
Speaker 4: The girls was going off, go off, Serena.
Speaker 5: Jesus, now see, I think it was I think he had to do the song. I mean it was the biggest hit of his career. He just won five Grammys. Every sports team uses that, the Olympics used it. It's one of the most popular catch phrases in the last two years. I think he had to do that song. I think he has his biggest song.
Speaker 1: That's what bothers me when y'all say he had to do this is Kendrick Lamar. Kendrick has one of the most stellar solo catalogs of any artist ever that's that period. I mean, he's one of the most critically acclaimed artists ever. He want to pull a surprise. He is not not like us, not like us as a moment in time for Kendrick.
Speaker 3: It does not.
Speaker 1: Define his biggest song that he's done, but it does not define him or who he is. And I wouldn't and I wouldn't just give my op and his minions that kind of love on that big ass stage like Kendrick won in every way possible. It's officially over. And I'm glad at the end of the set of said game over because of this.
Speaker 5: And then I also feel like because Drake sued and people said he wasn't gonna be able to do this song, I think it was a thing like, nah, I'm gonna do what I want to do it the way I want to do it.
Speaker 4: He did not say the word pedophile, though the crowd did.
Speaker 6: I mean, yeah, but he but I'm saying, if you're gonna I you're gonna poke your chest out like that, It's okay. This is the first time I'm agree with Charla Maine on this because if he was gonna poke his chest out like that.
Speaker 4: If you're gonna do it, do it. If that's what you're trying to do, If what you're saying.
Speaker 1: Is what he was trying to he probably couldn't say Kendrick was afraid to perform the song at all. All I'm simply saying is when y'all say Kendrick had to do the song, to me, he didn't have to do it. You know why, because the reality is the message he delivered last night on that stage was bigger.
Speaker 3: Than any rap beef.
Speaker 4: What message did you get?
Speaker 1: I got the message that I mean, it's a lot of different messages. I mean the fact that he came out there with all of those black men, and all those black men were representing unit. You know, the American flag, right, the red, white, and blue, but even the way they were positioned on the stage, it looks like the flag, and to me, it just looks like, Yo, we are America. This country was built off the backs of as black men. And I just love to see when black men, you know, uplift other black men like that. And I would love to see what the super Bowl performance would have been if he didn't have the drake of it all on his mind.
Speaker 3: And even when you talk about the Samuel L. Jackson part, that was just.
Speaker 1: America, a black man in America, Uncle Sam telling Kendrick man, you got to go out there and play it safe.
Speaker 3: You got there en show you aus in front of these white people.
Speaker 4: Brought your homeboys with you.
Speaker 3: That's right. And he went out there and he showed his ass.
Speaker 1: That's why I wish, man, oh man, I wish Kendrick would have started it off with Black of a Bear. But oh if you would have imagine if you would have heard Black of the Barry and the first song at the super Bowl, can you imagine?
Speaker 4: But the message went over Trump' said.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I don't even know Trump was listening there. Now you might have been take the bathroom break. But I also would say this, let's be honest. The reason Trump, the reason Kendrick was picked probably for the super Bowl was because of the beef and how big he was last year and how big I disagree, not like us.
Speaker 3: Was that big that you think went.
Speaker 6: Out not like us in the year that the moments he just had with this situation, he would have still been picked for j and Rock.
Speaker 3: Nation yes, I don't agree with that. I don't think.
Speaker 4: Kendrick is Kendrick. He's great, but I don't agree that he would have.
Speaker 5: Like catapulted him into another status fan. But let's go to the fall on bugging.
Speaker 1: I keep telling you and this, this is the this is the conversation I keep having about Kendrick Kendrick.
Speaker 3: Was Kendrick befalling this?
Speaker 13: Now?
Speaker 1: Did he have a year last year that took him to another level? Yes, yes, but it's not I still think he could have did the Super.
Speaker 3: Bowl without not like a I disagree. Hello. Who's this?
Speaker 1: This is Jasmine?
Speaker 3: Good morning, Hey, Jason. What are you calling it from?
Speaker 14: I'm calling the Milwaukee Hey, what's your thoughts?
Speaker 27: I want to start off by saying, happy Monday, Happy black hair, three months, Happy Keldrick Day. You know I'm coming on the same thing, Charla Man, It's not often that I did agree with you. Why would you say that he shouldn't perform not like us, he will. It will be a loose mouse either way. If he performed it, it's a problem. If he did perform it, it's a problem. And you also said that it was gonna get worse after the Super Bowl So why would you say he shouldn't have performed the biggest song of the year.
Speaker 3: What do you mean it's gonna get worse after the super Bowl? You said that.
Speaker 27: You said it's gonna get worse for him after the super Bowl, worse for Drake.
Speaker 1: I should say it's gonna get worse for Drake after the super Bowl.
Speaker 27: So you do not like why would you before? I'm not like that.
Speaker 1: Wh whether or not behind that, Whether or not Kendrick performed Not Like Us at the super Bowl, it would have been bad for Drake. It's been bad for Drakes since Kendrick won those five Grammys last week. It's been bad for Drake ever since Drake decided to file a lawsuit okay against UMG because of Not Like Us.
Speaker 3: It really can't get no worse for Drake. I know y'all think that.
Speaker 1: Y'all see Drake walking around on strail with cowboy rain boots on and basketball shorts and the T shirt that says wait till you see my penis pointing to his mouth.
Speaker 3: That's crazy.
Speaker 5: It was not pointing, it was arrow point.
Speaker 1: I couldn't understand why would the penis in crazy?
Speaker 5: Hello up there, right, Hello, what's his name, David, Hey, David come morning, talked to us.
Speaker 3: What were your thoughts.
Speaker 16: Back morning, man. I thought people could have been better. Kendrin had an opportunity to send him real message, and he kind of got the better on man. You know, there's so many things going over the world. You know, he kind of promote piece, you know, he can promote the piece around the world, rather than you know, focusing on calling Drake a pedal. Will you know, that's what kind of messed him up. He could have easy did something where it could have took us some time where he could have had a bunch of artists come on from the past and then the segway from the past of the future. That would have been kind of dope. You know, you could have got Wayne out, could have bought you know, juvenile, that would have been dope. But you know, more focused on on hundred the pedals, and I think that was kind of like it was forced.
Speaker 1: I mean, like I said, I would love to see what the Super Bowl performers would have been if he didn't have the drake of it all on his mind, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: And but I but I aesthetically, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Speaker 6: I didn't feel like it was forced. I think it flowed, but it just I think that it was a room for a lot more.
Speaker 3: He gave Drake too.
Speaker 1: Much light, like the euphoria, and then when he stopped what he said, when he when he did the whole.
Speaker 6: The girls, I want to be a song, that's all.
Speaker 3: Thought that was dope though the euphoria. Yeah, but I thought that was dope.
Speaker 5: The little tease because people were waiting, like is he gonna do as it.
Speaker 3: Was a bet if he was gonna do it or not.
Speaker 6: I thought that may he wasn't gonna do it. I was like, oh, that's all he gonna give him? And then the song give I didn't.
Speaker 4: I didn't think.
Speaker 1: And if you would have, I think I would have loved him to do the last verse like if you're gonna do like if you're gonna do that on that stage, imagine that last verse. Once upon a time, all of us was in change, all the white people they lost their mind anyway, but they would have really lost they gotta see.
Speaker 3: I think you gotta do the first verse two. But let's open up the phone lines.
Speaker 5: Eight hundred five eight five one oh five one let's discuss it's the Breakfast Club good morning.
Speaker 15: Right, let's say if.
Speaker 1: Y'all talking about it, you know we talking about it.
Speaker 5: It's topic times called eight hundred five eight five one oh five one to join into the discussion with the Breakfast Club Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is j n V just hilarious. Charlamagne the guy.
Speaker 5: We are the Breakfast Club law Laosa filling in for Jess. We're talking about Kendrick Lamar performing at.
Speaker 3: The super Bowl eight hundred five eight five one oh five one. Hello, who's this? What's up? Brother?
Speaker 5: Take us off bluetoo for speaker because we can barely hear you.
Speaker 14: Yeah, man, I don't agree with Charlotte man with hurst of all.
Speaker 3: Good morning, good morning, good morning, all right.
Speaker 14: I don't know Charlotte mac saying that he didn't have to perform, not like us, because that's the sole reason he was there.
Speaker 3: Like y'all got to know.
Speaker 14: Got that is we told anybody who was checking for Kencrill Lamar before.
Speaker 1: That, Yes, everybody, what I this is what frustrates.
Speaker 5: I do think part of the reason why you know, they wanted him to perform at the Super Bowl was because of the success he had last year and that included.
Speaker 6: Not like but in saying that, though you just say was anybody checking for Kendrick Lamar is a little Chris, I'm not.
Speaker 7: I'm not.
Speaker 14: I didn't mean it in that way. I'm saying super Bowl perform performance will okay?
Speaker 1: Why tell me why you don't think that you know, Kendrick Lamar's last tour, the Big Steppers Tour, was the highest grossing rap tour of all time for a solo rapper, and Tel Travis Scott's Circus Maximums Tour sur passed.
Speaker 14: Yeah, but yeah, but nobody looking at those numbers when they look at the super Bowl perform What do you mean?
Speaker 1: But those are people, Those are a hundred that's over seventy three shows, over one hundred million dollars made across the world. Kendrick Lamar got you got a pull up surprise. What are we talking about?
Speaker 14: That's that's the type, that's the type of dollar you collect.
Speaker 3: So you're telling me that people don't like Kendrick Lamar. You're telling me that before.
Speaker 14: Now you the words. Now you're switched the words. Now tell me what the performance is not? Have not been better? Lea Wayne performed that we had six foot seven foot a million million of performance by big thimas performance by juvenile.
Speaker 3: Well, you can't.
Speaker 5: You can't go back and forth between and COMPAREDOS two. I mean, Kendrick was picked for the super Bowl, and I think he's well deserved less to perform at that super Bowl. But I do think that you know, his stellar year last year was the reason why he was picked for the super Bowl, and that.
Speaker 3: Included not like us.
Speaker 14: To me, that's what I feel.
Speaker 3: All right, thank you brother, no problem.
Speaker 1: And that's why I debate this point so much because I can't stand you Kendrick Lamar is only here because they're not like us.
Speaker 3: Folks. Now, lo, it was this all my name is done?
Speaker 14: Bro from Hasburg?
Speaker 7: What up?
Speaker 16: MV Lauren?
Speaker 3: What's up? Don to us by going.
Speaker 14: As the man Charlamagne's gold with.
Speaker 3: You bro king? What's the word? What's your to us?
Speaker 14: Hey?
Speaker 15: Yo?
Speaker 14: Listening man on the not like us saying man like listen a lot of things when I when I when I hear a lot of people talk about when it comes to that subliminally is that bro when he's saying like not like us, marry he's hitting back on the balls on the on the level. He's from Canada. Bro, we're in the US. You know what I'm saying. So like a lot of people, anybody resting on that level. Like, Bro, you're talking about to dude from Canada like I was. I was in hip hop, Bro, I was the best of the game, back of the day. You have to say, like, I don't even see the fact that how anybody responding to him, because Bro, you're from Canada. Man, you don't got nothing to do with hip hop. You know what I'm saying. We would never even respond to that dude out of respect for hip hop, we shouldn't even be talking to him. Bro, you're from Canada, Like who are you?
Speaker 1: You know what I'm saying, Well, you know I mean, but but you when you when you come into America and you know you put your hat into this rapp ring, and you know you ask who's the goat? Yo, Kendrick just answered the question like we're acting. We're acting like these biracial men. J Cole and Drake didn't start all of it. They started all of this when J Cole got on first brother to shoot and he said whatever whatever about the Big three. But I'm feeling like Muhammad Ali challenge when Drake said, who's the goat?
Speaker 3: Who's the goat? Who's the goat? Challenge? Bigg at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 1: What Kendrick answered all of those questions and swiped the football last night at the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: He definitely did.
Speaker 5: And I think hip hop is about competition. It started about competition. Who's better than who?
Speaker 3: Try where you're from?
Speaker 5: And I think, no, not like us, was the biggest competition or dis record or whatever you want to call it, ever the biggest and I think he had the performs.
Speaker 3: Bigger than that like us. I want you all to know that, y'all do know Kendrick is bigger.
Speaker 4: Than hundred percent We're not. I don't think that. I'm not arguing that he's not.
Speaker 6: But I do have a thing that I wanted to say because when Kendrick did the interview remember with Apple Music, he was saying that he was really excited for the Grammy wins because it finally puts like actual rap and battle rap back at the fourth card. Right, So, how do we criticize the show the way that?
Speaker 4: Well?
Speaker 6: For me, how am I rat sizing the show the way that I am? If he's saying that because that's his way of putting what he thinks real music and real conferences.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who's criticizing the show.
Speaker 6: Everybody is saying he should have did this record. People want to dance and want to feel good right now.
Speaker 1: I just think that I think the Settlers could have been different, just because he has bigger, higher energy records than when I look at the theme. Because aesthetically, it's a ten across the board. Just imagine if he starts off that show with black the Barry. Just imagine, and if you're gonna have a black ass show like that, imagine doing songs.
Speaker 3: Like I imagine doing songs like a mad kid.
Speaker 1: Imagine doing songs like Money Trees, Backstreet Freestyle mixed in with the TV off and the humbles and the squabble ups in the DNA. That's all.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think I think I would have said I would have loved to see all the Kendrick songs, no doubt.
Speaker 3: I think he had to do not like us.
Speaker 5: I think what he did was great, and I think people said, well, his set wasn't this, and set wasn't that. Just look at the amount of brothers and sisters he had on that stage dancing together immunity in different gangs and different hoods and put them together. I thought that was dope. I mean, at the end of the day, I think he did his thing.
Speaker 1: I'm a Kendrick fan, though, so he's super served as fans, he's super served the people who.
Speaker 3: Actually like Kendrick Lamar and have loved Kendrick Lamar before.
Speaker 5: Uh, not like us, But like I said, when every sports team in the world is using not like us, when the Olympics is using not like that. But it was one of the biggest catchphrases in the last two years. You just won five Grammys off of that.
Speaker 6: You got to lead the Super Bowl, or and not hear a minor be screened the way that the screen Before all.
Speaker 1: Of this, I said that he should do the horns then, then, and then and didn't do the hook right, and that still would.
Speaker 3: Have been dope.
Speaker 4: But like the crowd sing it, no, I was just.
Speaker 3: Did the hook that that in the hook?
Speaker 1: But but after watching what his theme was last night, I would have did the hook, the horns the hook in the.
Speaker 3: Last verse, all right, but we got a moral to the store.
Speaker 1: They would have lost a mind hearing him say once upon a time all of us.
Speaker 3: The chains they would have looked at, that crowd would have loft Oh, my god.
Speaker 4: And he had the people with red, white and blue just blocked together and changed moving.
Speaker 8: Oh, would have got fire.
Speaker 4: That would have been fire. And the second verse would have.
Speaker 1: Been I think he had to do the first verse two though you know he didn't he wanted. I mean, y'all say that because of the crowd reaction. Once again, I'm not gonna let you all reduce.
Speaker 3: Drake practice in the mirror.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was okay, Kendrick, I said what you did, Drake, all right, But the Morland story is simply this, Kendrick Lamar is kryptonite the biracial men, Okay, Cole Drake, Patrick Mahomes, They simply don't perform well when he's around NV.
Speaker 3: You might not need to go around Kendrick no time soon. You'll probably fink.
Speaker 5: I'm not biracial, sir. I'm definitely black, fully Dominican. I am fully b l A fully Dominican.
Speaker 3: Black, black, black black black. Just the mess coming up? We do we say b l O c k l A Philly. I said b l A c k i A'm from Philly. I'm so concerned.
Speaker 6: Because I'm just I don't know what's happening in today and that Drake, I mean, Kendrick been getting at people trying to make sure you are good.
Speaker 3: I'm bluck.
Speaker 4: All right, spell it.
Speaker 3: Are you black?
Speaker 4: You stop playing with me?
Speaker 3: Do you have a man?
Speaker 26: Dang?
Speaker 4: How did we get here?
Speaker 3: We always.
Speaker 4: Like a couple of days from so I put me on the spot. All right, what was you asking me?
Speaker 1: Just?
Speaker 3: With the mess coming up? What we're talking about we do have?
Speaker 4: Just with the mass coming up?
Speaker 6: And uh CARTI b I know she was out and about running around for the super Bowl, but there's some things going on with her offset and maybe' stefon digs you might need to talk about.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get into that next. It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning morning, everybody. We are the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Let's get to jest with the mess with la la Rossas is real.
Speaker 3: Laurien's just robbing Moore. Just don't do no lines. Don't do that talk nobody talk World Why Jess World? Which mess? Talk on the Breakfast Club? The coaches with Lauren Lauren Rosa. I'm back and I got the mess talk to me.
Speaker 6: Okay, So super Bowl stuff kind of sort of still over the weekend, there was a video that started going viral of all set over in New Orleans and I know he's having a good time and fans were just being funny. He was riding in a black suv and his head is like out the window. I think he's kind of like trying to direct his cards where he's trying to get to, and people like, look at offset in New Orleans looking for Cardi And the reason why this, the reason why this came up is because right before everybody went to the Super Bowl weekend, Cardi B was out and about in New York and she was at you know, the Girls of Karaoke for anyone that doesn't live here in New York, that is a karaoke night that happens weekly where Rihanna recently was, and it went viral.
Speaker 4: So a lot of the big name talent go there now and I have a good time. And she was there.
Speaker 6: She was in a section and in her section, and there I'm assuming with her was Stephan Diggs. Now, a few months ago there were rumors that Stephan Diggs and Cardi B were dating, so of course them being there together went crazy. It was you know, everywhere, and there's no confirmation of if they actually came together or if they left together, if they just happened to both be there, because again, big names do go there and they're there weekly. Lot people kind of played into that Offset video because of that, and then once those videos of Cardi b out prior to Super Bowl went viral, Offset tweeted these couple twet which people are saying, you know, it was a subliminal to her.
Speaker 15: Uh.
Speaker 4: He said his new bee is batter.
Speaker 6: He's telling somebody that he had them last week, by the way, So yeah, I know they're both down there right now.
Speaker 4: I don't know what's happening, but maybe Curdi b has a new boo.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I'm not mad at Stefan Diggs. He flied to y'all hate the relationship stuff, y'all not saying nothing. I'd be so into it.
Speaker 5: I don't know what's going in and out in their relationships.
Speaker 15: I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't know, you guys, y'all, I don't know, but I'm just saying I think that's Cardi and Stephan Diggs would be cute if that's what she's moving on to.
Speaker 4: I think that that's a little cute situation for her.
Speaker 3: We take your word for it. I said, that's how you feel as a woman. Do your thing, Lauren. We agree.
Speaker 4: Like that because you be here. You've been here, kid with me about Wags about car.
Speaker 3: Wags is a TV show. That's a reality show that I watched with my wife.
Speaker 5: I don't go into people's real personal relationships, but shout to Cardi B.
Speaker 3: I know Cardi B was out and good Son one night and they had an amazing shot about Wags. I'm gonna change the first letter wags or something. Change its.
Speaker 4: Well, look.
Speaker 3: Jesus Christ, go ahead, continue on.
Speaker 4: Moving on.
Speaker 6: It's kind of still super Bowl related ish. Kanye West, he was still tweeting over the weekend.
Speaker 3: We have to talk about this guy the kind do we do?
Speaker 4: So he was still tweeting over the weekend.
Speaker 6: Now, prior to Kendrick taking a stage, Kanye tweeted and said that Kendrick needed to get on that stage and say free puff.
Speaker 26: Now.
Speaker 6: I think that that would have been career suicide for Kendrick to do, but uh, Kanye West believes differently. He also then began to tweet about r Kelly. He then also began to tweet directly about Elon Musk because there are a lot of people calling Kanye West out over the weekend because of the anti semitic tweets and things of that nature, and people were upset at Elon must They're saying, hey, you have this platform, this is what you're allowing people to do.
Speaker 1: I thought it was ridiculous to see people asking a guy who did two hell hitless the Rain Kanye Wesson.
Speaker 3: Clearly he don't's why the guy hit y'all with two hell hitless.
Speaker 1: Y'all have more smoke for Kanye than y'all have for him, and then y'all were hitting him up, telling him the Rain Kanye, And I think.
Speaker 4: I saw that people were were upset at the ad L two for that, right, yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh, they jumped all over Kanye once again.
Speaker 1: It's ridiculous to see this guy do two hell hitless Elon Musk, but then y'all jump on Kanye but didn't have the same smoke for.
Speaker 5: Elon David And then Kanye could he could actually say free puff because Kanye said he's performing in the Super Bowl next year, right, That's what he said.
Speaker 6: He said he was gonna be there this year and he Talbot. Next year, Kanye had his little commercial debt. I don't know where it was. He said it was a super Bowl.
Speaker 1: I believe me now when I told y'all that Kanye West was clearly jealous of Kendrick Lamar's moment, that he clearly wishes this was him. When he actually tweeted next year, I'm gonna win twenty Grammys and I'm going to perform.
Speaker 3: With the super Bowl.
Speaker 6: I don't know what I believe because I thought maybe it was a minic, like he was just going into one of his episod so is it something? But he posted a video saying that that is not what happened because he saw a video that also went viral over the weekend.
Speaker 4: Kodak Black was in the middle of the street eating chicken.
Speaker 6: Yes, Kanye West said, hold on super Bowl Talk relaxed, I need to go help my friend.
Speaker 4: Let's take a listen to Kanye West.
Speaker 28: I just saw a video of Kodak and I wouldn't want nobody to do an intervention on me. That's why I wanted to put this video up because y'all might think, man, yay really going through right now? Somebody need to go get him or go take his Twitter and stuff like that. But I'm just telling you calmly, I am in a good space. It's cathartic. I got my ideas out and that was very freeing for me, and it's worth everything. It was worth everything to do that. Let's start there. Now, I've seen this video my brother Kodak, and I feel a calling. He's actually wearing this Donda chain. It's not just because he's wearing a chain, but it's like how he's sitting here wearing his chain unless something saying to go and get my brother. And I thought about it before. I was like, man, I should go down to my head. Maybe I could be the person that could make a difference. And that's what I'm about to do right now.
Speaker 3: What is the Donda chain?
Speaker 6: So it's a Donda dove. It's like a symbol that Kanye uses. It's actually like a symbol separately, but I believe Kanye uses that for everybody. That's kind of like with his Donda team and Kodak Black had a chain on with that symbol in the video where he's sitting down in the street and eating the chicken. Now, fans online were very disturbed because it looked crazy, and people, you know, always tried to relate it to drugs. However, I spoke to a source close to Kodak this morning and he says that it was not related to that. He says that this was actually Kodak Black shooting content for a larger music video that he's going to be putting out. He said that he actually was on FaceTime with Kodak when Kodak was ordering the chicken and it was nothing wrong with.
Speaker 3: Him, Like random people were walking by, and there was cars driving by.
Speaker 4: I mean they are in the middle of the street, so cars are going to drive by.
Speaker 3: A video shoot. There was no security, nothing.
Speaker 4: What they're telling me is that this was a video shooting.
Speaker 6: You do see a cameraman come into the video, though, and he's saying that that is Kodex cameraman who always shoots him. This was for content, no matter how it looked, It's part of a bigger piece of content. So we just have to I guess we'll wait to see what that's gonna be. But Kanye West got off X deleted or got kicked off X and then went to go find Kodak. I don't know if they linked up yet.
Speaker 1: Imagine Kanye was showing up saying that you need help me. I was thinking the same thing about you let's go together.
Speaker 4: Absolutely well.
Speaker 6: I don't know if he got Kanye West got kicked off x or as of right now, no, his his platform, his his account is not there anymore. But I don't I don't know if they actually removed him because of the tweets or if they shouldn't.
Speaker 1: He couldn't take it after the Super Bowl, Okay, Donald Trump was dead, Taylor Swift all watching Kendrick Lamar spiked the football on his number one Op Drake.
Speaker 3: He couldn't take it. Okay, the jealousy, jealousy and envy discretion from within. You do know that, right Kanye?
Speaker 6: But I said, he living good. He just gave Game two Maybacks. He word about the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: Please, so so why he wanted to do it next year? Lauren? He literally tweeted it.
Speaker 1: He literally said that ship, I'm gonna win twenty Grammys and I'm a perform at the super Bowl. If that don't scream jealousy, envying. I wish this moment was mine. I don't know what does.
Speaker 3: And that is just with the mess. Thank you, charm Who are you giving that donkey two man for after the hour?
Speaker 1: We need the City County Building, the people who worked there in Indianapolis to come to the front of the congregation. We'd like to have a word with him because we need common sense gun reform in America, and this proves it.
Speaker 3: All right, we'll get to that next. It's the breakfast club. Good morning.
Speaker 4: Don't be out here acting like a donkey, he bitch, It's time for Donkey of the Day.
Speaker 3: I'm a big boy. I could take it if he feel out deserve. It ain't no big deal, I know, Charlottage God gonna have Funny say his mouth. You gotta say something you may not agree with. It doesn't mean I'm mean, who's getting that donky? That donkey that don't don't don't dunt dunk donkey other day right here.
Speaker 1: The breakfast club, bitch, you you can call me the donkey of the day.
Speaker 4: But like I mean, no harm.
Speaker 1: Probably just on the front page of my New York Post and love with taylorswi Oh my god. Anyway, Donkey today from Monday, February tenth goes to the folks who work at the City County Building in Indianapolis. Now, there is a man named Terry Sutherland, Okay, who decided to perform a social experiment in Indianapolis. In the social experiment was to highlight the need for common sense gun laws in America. Drop on the clues bombs for Terry Sutherland. I love a great social experiment, Okay. I love love, love, love, love a great social experiment, and I am to a all day. But I also understand the need for common sense gun laws. So Terry wanted to prove a point. And the point is that anyone can get a firearm in America. And when you hear more of the story, you will see that his point was proven. Let's go to ABC ten for the report Police Tonight.
Speaker 29: We're looking into a story getting some buzz. It claims a blind man was issued a concealed carry gun permit in Indiana.
Speaker 1: And it's true.
Speaker 29: Terry Sutherland was using his white cain when he came to the City County Building in Indianapolis to get fingerprinted for the permit. He says he also spoke with several people who knew he was blind, but despite that, he was still issue to conceal carry permit without an issue. Sutherland has no intention of using a gun. He says he went through the process to highlight the need for common sense gun laws. He says he sent letters to state lawmakers and he is not yet heard back.
Speaker 1: Roun of applus for that man. Ronald A plugetary Southern one. Now, I know that a lot of people have a lot of negative stereotypes in regards to blind people. I say often that a lot of blind people can actually see better than those of us who have eyes. Okay, I mean we are at the point in our lives that we don't even believe if Stevie Wonda is really blind.
Speaker 3: Okay, but let me be the first to tell you he is.
Speaker 1: And there's also a reason that Daredevil doesn't use gun. Y'all know who Dad Devil is, right, Matt Murdoch, Okay, blind superhero new series Dead Devil Born Again starting on Disney Plus March fourth. This man once said in the comic books he doesn't use guns because of the carnage that he could unleash on people.
Speaker 3: Yes, Dad Devil, because you're blind. Okay.
Speaker 1: I believe blind people can do a lot of things in this country, but owning a gun and driving a car, probably not good ideas.
Speaker 3: Do we know blind people that drive cars?
Speaker 4: Do they ever thought about how they get anywhere?
Speaker 3: You think they ride the dog? Huh about it? Jesus Christ, listen, Terry has the right to barricane, but not arms. Okay.
Speaker 1: And if he does have a CN eye dog, that's see an eye dog better be trained like John Wicks, because if you're shooting at everything, the dog barks at My god.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, my god. All right.
Speaker 1: Blind people carrying guns is like blind people driving an uber. Would you get into an uber with a blind person?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, now, Terry said he spoke to several people you heard the news report who knew he was blind. He came in with a white cane, but despite that, he was still issued a concealed carry permit without an issue. Listen, man, the reason you will never get common sense gun laws in America is simple because nobody has common sense in America anymore. Okay, and this story proves it. Some donkey in the day just sell themselves. Please give the City County building in Indianapolis the biggest he hull.
Speaker 3: He said, he wrote them a letter and damn no, he said. That's what he said. He said he wrote them a letter and he hasn't heard back.
Speaker 4: He wrote, what if they sent the letter, he just don't know.
Speaker 3: They probably responded.
Speaker 1: That's all the whole thing. Y'all need to call Holie though, because you said you didn't hear back. I'm like, man, you said you were blind, not death. You might have got the letter back. Brother, Okay, what is this.
Speaker 21: Is that?
Speaker 12: Bro?
Speaker 14: What is mac?
Speaker 3: What does it say? What you say said? It's not a guy?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 3: Cut it out.
Speaker 5: I was gonna ask, but I didn't want to be found like how he knows how to stay online and how to be straight because he's writing stop close your eyes and trying to write a sentence.
Speaker 3: I bet you can't do it straight. I guarantee you can't do it straight that I can close. They have heightened senses. Guys. All right, I'm lying, How'm.
Speaker 15: I don't know?
Speaker 4: Look what I wrote?
Speaker 3: Because then you thought I thought they used brail to write letters. Seeing it sounds so stupid.
Speaker 4: No, I thought they do use bro That's why I asked.
Speaker 3: Us a bro bro to reader know the right letters.
Speaker 4: We probably sound so sound so stupid.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry all the blinde listeners.
Speaker 4: I apologies did you ask me could they drive earlier?
Speaker 1: Did I?
Speaker 3: He did ask?
Speaker 1: You said, no, I don't know why you hit today. It's okay to be stupid. I'll be dumb. Somebody be deaf, ande y'all be blind, and then we'll figure it out.
Speaker 5: Figure it out, Jesus Christ. All right, well, thank you for that donkey the other day. Now, when we come back, Big Dank will be joining us.
Speaker 3: You know Big Dank. She's a wrapper from Detroit.
Speaker 5: Recently she was in the news because she's suing Lyft because the lyft driver said she was too big to give her a ride.
Speaker 3: And it was crazy because the lift driver was blind. So I don't even know. I don't even know how this happened.
Speaker 5: We'll talk the big day when we come back. It's the Breakfast Club Go Morning, the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Morning.
Speaker 3: Everybody is d j n V.
Speaker 5: Just Hilaris Charlamage, the guy we are the Breakfast Club Long the Most is hanging out with us as well.
Speaker 3: We got a special guest in the building.
Speaker 1: Who we got.
Speaker 3: We have Big Dank. Dank Dems welcome.
Speaker 23: Are you Dank?
Speaker 3: How you feeling to day? Happy to have you. You know, when we first heard about your story. You know, there was a lot of jokes made.
Speaker 1: Everybody made jokes, including us, But when I heard you as a rapper, I was like, you know, why not have her up here and have a conversation.
Speaker 3: See if this could help something, right, make it, make the most, make the most of the moment. Absolutely. Where you from Detroit?
Speaker 4: How long have you been doing music?
Speaker 30: I've been doing music for a long time. I took it seriously in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 4: And you are in Dead Child as well.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 15: That was it was good, you know, it was a learn of experience.
Speaker 8: Didn't help or hurt you in any way your music.
Speaker 15: I mean, I'm doing the same thing I was doing before. You know, it was okay?
Speaker 3: So I did you were?
Speaker 6: You were really teary eyed, and I was because what was what was that about? It was a show where she brings a death, Antony brings his mom. You know, she's discovered some of the biggest and the best Nicki Minaj a bunch of people. But she brings the rap girls on and she tries to coach them through building their careers. And then at the end there's one that she picks that she focuses on. You didn't make it to the end. But you were on the show. But one of the clips that I remember seeing going viral from you was when you were breaking down. You were really upset talking about that moment. It just what the experience.
Speaker 15: So I just felt like I was put in it.
Speaker 30: Okay, so a lot of people said I was being difficult, but I feel like I was putting the difficult situation. I was in a store that I could fit nothing, you know, so when I finally found something that I could fit, it was like, oh, that's not a boss, take that off, you know. So I felt some type of way. But yeah, I just feel like I was put in a difficult situation and I was trying. I was saying, everybody able to fit things, and you know, I'm getting frustrated because I can't find nothing. I don't want to make nobody mad. I want to look good and stuff like that. So that's why I started crying.
Speaker 9: I was.
Speaker 15: I was a little frustrated.
Speaker 22: You know.
Speaker 1: If you walked in and you know, you said the chair was too small, so we had to bring the part of the sectional for you to sit in, and you said something you said, and this is what I'm talking about, accommodations, right.
Speaker 3: But we live in the world that's not always going to be able to accommodate people.
Speaker 30: That we should though we should because we're not all the same. I feel like we should, Like why not.
Speaker 15: I feel like a lot of times.
Speaker 30: People think that bigger people obese, the F word people should just be in the house, when it's like we're not.
Speaker 15: Yeah, the F word.
Speaker 3: Fact on, like oh, I'm not saying that word about the gatesler. I'm like no, no, no, no, no, no no.
Speaker 30: But I just feel like it should be accommodated. Bigger people should be accommodated, just like we accommodate the LGBT community, you know, all those other communities.
Speaker 15: I just feel like we we outside.
Speaker 30: You know, if we inside is get up while you while you in a house, you should be doing this, you should be doing that when we outside, it's like, why are you not in the house.
Speaker 31: I know a lot of times even seeing it, like with like how Lizzen although she's lost a lot of weight, now, you know how it could be like some of the clothes that the f people wear, you know, where the things hanging out and y'all, you know, try to well wear things that the smart lit I don't.
Speaker 30: I don't live in the world where skinny people when the f people, I don't. That's not my reality.
Speaker 15: I am a human being.
Speaker 30: I am regular just because I'm outside with my Like I said, I've been doing this a long time. And when I said, I've been doing this alone time, I've been putting on for people like me for a long time. I did a naked photo shoot in twenty seventeen. Now all the big girls shawing their stomach, they showing skin. You know, the people wasn't doing that. We had cornstars doing it, but we didn't have regular people doing it.
Speaker 21: It.
Speaker 15: I like, I'm gonna wear what I want to wear.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna be cute with it too, you know, I think a lot of I think part of it is is like yourself, you're speaking up about it. A lot of bigger people don't speak up about it. Right, Mac, who's one of the producers up here, was a lot bigger. He lost a lot of weight. But I didn't know all the problems that he had until he spoke about it, because it's just something that you don't think about it. Like he said, he would get on the plane and it would be difficult. You know, he said he would go to the gym. It would be difficult. But those are things that we just don't think about because I think people don't ever make it a thing. So the fact that this Internet happened puts it on people's minds. So you can tell what you have to deal with it because you know, these are some of the things that we don't have to.
Speaker 15: Do it again, the plain situation.
Speaker 30: That's not my reality anytime I shout out to Southwest because they accommodate bigger people.
Speaker 15: If you need two seats, they're gonna give it to you for free.
Speaker 4: If you pay for two.
Speaker 15: Seats, they gonna refund you.
Speaker 30: Really, I don't have that problem likeeak, Like last time I went to Delta, they said charge you might need two seats smell, but we're gonna let you get on this time.
Speaker 26: I never know.
Speaker 30: I never have a problem with my seating when I get on a plane, Like I never have problems. Like when I come into a room, I demand my respect and I and I'm sweet. I'm a nice person, so I feel like people respect that I respect you, you respect me. It's never an issue with me, like the issue be when the steering or the judging or you know, stuff like that, and then a lot of.
Speaker 15: People will look at me and be like, oh, she just she eat, she do that, She do that all the time. That's not my reality.
Speaker 1: Either.
Speaker 3: To break down an incident of what happened now for people that don't know, they.
Speaker 30: I was getting ready for my cousin's watch party the Lions game or whatever, and I ended up ordering me a lift.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 15: It's like, but I do.
Speaker 30: It was like fifteen minutes away this yeah, the drivers here. I went downstairs. As I'm walking to the car, he looking funny, doors getting the locked. I'm just like, hell, you ain't gonna let me in your car.
Speaker 15: I'm like, for real.
Speaker 30: So I put my camera out and it's like, why are you not about to Why are you not letting me in your car? Like I kind of heat that that's what he was on because the look at me. I've seen that look before, you know, So that's how that happened.
Speaker 3: This is the first time this ever happened.
Speaker 4: The first time, and you normally order because I know.
Speaker 6: One of the things to people like there was conversation like, well, she should have ordered a bigger car, like the XL whatever you normally ordered the regular car.
Speaker 30: Yeah, I always ordered the regular cars. And I feel like I don't have to order an Uber x L or a Lift x L. I feel like I don't have to do that.
Speaker 32: Like the same car with the Mercedes, and it's the same car that her best friend has and she rides in that same exact car. That's why when she saw that car, she okay, I can fit it, like people know what cars they can fit it.
Speaker 3: I can feel like I gotta what I got.
Speaker 22: You.
Speaker 3: Yes, I can't.
Speaker 30: I can fit in there unless you she said at cruise and she was I was in a pt Cruiser.
Speaker 5: Yes, Now the world is cool. And I know you got those jokes and everybody was joking you. But how are you because of that? Because you know it has to be emotional distress, it has to be problems. It had to make you hit differently, or are you.
Speaker 30: I feel like the thing that bothered me for real, that made me make that videos because they kept on saying I got the man fired.
Speaker 15: I never contacted them. I never did nothing. I never did none of that. I left him alone. I did what I had to do.
Speaker 30: But when it comes to the comments, and stuff like that. I've been going through this all my life. You know, it's nothing new to me. I don't feel like I need to over stimulate myself with the comments.
Speaker 15: Or respond for real.
Speaker 30: But I feel like I got very tough skin because at the end of the end of the day, I have to be Dank, and the world know me as Dank.
Speaker 15: They don't know me as Dejah.
Speaker 30: They're getting to no Daija because I'm everywhere as Daja now, but I feel like Daja is at home.
Speaker 15: Thanks for y'all.
Speaker 3: They want to spend something, but I don't want to spend.
Speaker 15: On let me see, my daddy died.
Speaker 30: I got straight to it, told myself, Mammy and my brothers ain't gotta do it. Yeah, I made time, started wasting time and started setting up a school because.
Speaker 3: Money routed my mind.
Speaker 15: Now I got a lifestyle.
Speaker 3: Damn what I say?
Speaker 15: Now, I got a lifestyle. Hold all, that's all. I got a little nurse.
Speaker 1: We're gonna play a song. Tell us what song you wants to play. Let's do just talking, just talking, all.
Speaker 5: Right, Well, we got more with Big Dank. When we come back. Let's get into her joint.
Speaker 3: Just talking.
Speaker 5: It's the Breakfast Club. Good morning, morning everybody. It's DJ Envy, just hilarious. Charlamagne, the guy we are the Breakfast Club. We were just kicking it with Big Dank. You know, she's the young woman who's a rapper from Detroit that is also suing Lyft because Lyft wouldn't let her get in the car because they said her weight.
Speaker 3: That was her joint. Just talking and we're still kicking it with hers. Charlomagne.
Speaker 1: You know, you compared your situation to the lgbt Q, and an a lot of people would say, well, lgbt Q people don't have a choice to be gay or whatever, but you have a choice to be plus sized. So they want you to make better choices.
Speaker 3: Eat right, work out, lose the weight.
Speaker 4: I feel like I feel like I did people.
Speaker 3: That's a debate, right that is, but you know, let's just hypothetically say they're born.
Speaker 30: I feel like I do. I work on myself, you know, and when I feel like I'm getting too much, I try to fix it, you know, like at my pace.
Speaker 3: You know, Yeah, we have waste right here. That's her waste pecialist fixer, Mike, what's your name? Man? Stormy? Stormy not the stormy one time.
Speaker 1: You know, when you have these conversations with plus size people, it always comes up that, oh, everybody that's you know, big, isn't unhealthy, and you know, some people just can't lose the way they're dealing with is.
Speaker 3: She was like, you know, she has a thyroid, What do you talk to us about that?
Speaker 26: So I being danked provided for a little over three months, right, and she's lost eighty pounds. Yo, eighty pounds gonna look different from her eighty pounds, right because she started at three five eighty. So even with her being at five hundred, people be like, she's still not losing, But that's not the case. Well, her thyroid makes it very difficult for her to lose weight because her hormones is unbalanced. So when your hormones is unbalanced and they're all over the place, it controls a lot of things and it makes it very difficult for you to lose weight but keep it off as well. So I think for her, she she's consistent because she didn't lost eighty.
Speaker 3: Pounds, but it's hard and she's too big for surgery. Do you suggest surgery?
Speaker 26: So we're gonna try surgery after she she has to reach at least three hundred, So that's our goal three hundred. Get her down to three hundred, and then she'll do her surgery.
Speaker 1: Mac I always told mag I would get into surgery, but he had to get to a certain weight.
Speaker 3: So once he gets down, if you want to get the surgery, you know.
Speaker 5: What surgery would you suggest it to the sleeve, the sleeve, the gas strict sleeve or the gastric bypath.
Speaker 3: Now can the sleeve bust you? Sometimes you hear about the.
Speaker 4: Sleeves complications with those.
Speaker 26: So that's why we're just trying to find a more safe alternative routes. But we got to get her down a little bit because you don't want all that that around her heart, right, and once she go into surgery, now what does she.
Speaker 3: Doing to lose the weight? Like, what's the procedures? You know, break it down for us.
Speaker 4: So she's on medical weight loss.
Speaker 26: She's on semaglue tide, which is sort of like ozipic but with milder side effect. So she comes to our spot every week to get her injections. And then she's on our weight loss supplement on which we formulated with the pharmacist to help her with her multi vitamin and just keeping her every day nutrition going.
Speaker 5: Now, does insurance cover this or do you have to come out of your pocket? Because that's another thing that could affect people as well because they can't afford it.
Speaker 4: It's a lot of out of pocket.
Speaker 26: A lot of insurances won't pay for it, so they'll wait till you get the high blood pressure the diabetes to pay for the medicine.
Speaker 4: So it's a lot of people who can't afford it.
Speaker 3: When did you get comfortable in your skin? Right?
Speaker 5: Because you wear whatever you want to wear, you don't care what people say, So when did you get that comfortable?
Speaker 15: I feel like, no, it was before that game.
Speaker 4: I just feel like we make the only fans? Was that when you were comfortable?
Speaker 30: When did I make the only fans? I probably made that like a couple of years ago. But when I got comfortable in my skin. It started as a kid, because like when I would get ready for school, if I had on a big shirt or or something, I just look crazy.
Speaker 15: My daddy be like, you look good, baby girl, or you you beautiful, baby girl. I look at my mama be like, girls, take that off, you know.
Speaker 30: But I feel like it started at a young age, because, like I said, I used to get picked on.
Speaker 15: I used to fight all the time.
Speaker 30: So they made sure I felt good within myself and I really started like popping out of my shield in college.
Speaker 3: And you said you got only fans I do.
Speaker 15: Oh no, y'all just gonna have to go.
Speaker 3: You know, money come in legend, stay out of my pocket.
Speaker 1: Had this a situation helped hurt your music career because I don't want you to become a novelty be.
Speaker 30: I feel like I am going wherever God takes me. I feel like if this was his plan, it was his plan. I'm a manifest everything. I didn't know that it would. I would have to go through what I'm going through right now to be where I'm at.
Speaker 8: But it helps.
Speaker 30: It helped my streaming a lot of people. It is negative, but I don't whatever. People gonna be negative, you know.
Speaker 4: And that's whether you were skinny medium.
Speaker 15: They're gonna talk about me when I get small too.
Speaker 3: But it's cool, So you want to get small, that is the goal. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Are you worried that people will only identify Big Dank from her physical appearance and won't ever really take your music serious?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 30: Because I make good music. I make beautiful music. I sing, I wrap, I write for people. Probably some people y'all heard, but.
Speaker 1: A right.
Speaker 15: I feel like I am a great artist. Even when I get smaller, I'm still gonna be.
Speaker 3: Big, dang little apologize that they reach out.
Speaker 6: They try to, but it's like, so they did try to contact you directly, Yeah, and you didn't want to take the car?
Speaker 4: Why not?
Speaker 15: Because I don't. I don't want to, you know. And I feel like y'all need to make change.
Speaker 3: To y'all app what do you want them to change?
Speaker 30: I want them at least to like accommodate us, you know. I feel like we shouldn't have to pay more for uber x steal or something like that. And I also feel like they need to be checking they workers' cars to make sure, you know, they never wrong with the tires, it's not squeaking or anything like that. I just feel like it should be like are you over this weight or you know, then they'll see you the car, you know, because we wouldn't have to go.
Speaker 3: Through that like in the app before you order.
Speaker 30: Yeah, because a lot of people they show they don't want to show their whole body.
Speaker 4: Did you did you try to after this happened, what you would live?
Speaker 3: Did you try to?
Speaker 4: I guess for like the lawsuit or proving purposes.
Speaker 6: I don't know if this is the thing that y'allull do, like order the same car, but be like uber or something and see if they would treat you differently.
Speaker 15: Like, no, it's because it's not a game. To me, I'm not trying to figure I'm not trying to surround with it.
Speaker 30: Yeah, this really happened to me. Like, it's not a joke to me. It might be a joke to everybody. Everybody like, oh, she did this for cloud. She did Like I said, I've been the Cloud. I am the Cloud.
Speaker 15: I've been doing this for a long time. You know, it's not a game. It's not a joke to me, Like, I really feel like it should be changed.
Speaker 3: And you didn't even report the guy.
Speaker 15: Yeah, I didn't do that. I didn't. I didn't do none of that job.
Speaker 3: That's why he's just.
Speaker 30: It's funny because before I posted, when I posted, everybody's like, oh.
Speaker 15: You need to you need to do this, you need to do that. Lawyers, lawyer, layers, lawyers. But when I got a lawyer, it's like, oh, you're wrong.
Speaker 30: That's the Internet. And I've been dealing with the Internet for a long time. That's why I can I can be Daja and I can be Danke.
Speaker 3: Alright and tell him where to find you and all of that good stuff.
Speaker 15: Thank the Moss on all social media platforms D A, N K, D E, M O, S S.
Speaker 1: And we're rooting for you, Dank like. We want to keep up with your progress. We want to keep up with doctor Stromy, you know, keep up with keys like. We really want to see the progress, not just you. You know what I want to see.
Speaker 3: I want to see your weight going down and your career going up. That's what I want to do. That's what I want to see you.
Speaker 31: And she'd be smaller and bigger at the same time.
Speaker 20: That's right, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 3: Well day, we appreciate you for joining. How everything is going. It's Dave the Moss. It's the Breakfast Club with up the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 14: Morning.
Speaker 5: Everybody is j Envy, jess Hilarie Chelam and the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Let's get to jest with the message you use.
Speaker 20: Is real, whether it's Hilarien's Jessica, Robin Moore, just don't do no lines, don't do that.
Speaker 3: Talk nobody.
Speaker 1: World why Jess worldwide mess on the breakfast clubs, the coaches with Lauren Lauren.
Speaker 3: And I got the mess talk to me.
Speaker 6: Well, Rick Ross and fifty cent continue to still, you know, go back and forth about the big Meach little Meat BMF.
Speaker 4: That whole conversation.
Speaker 6: Over the weekend Tea did a story and in this story they clarified that Rick Ross cannot make a BMF movie if he tried to, because fifty cent owns all of the storytelling the BMF stories, TV and film rights. Now let's take a listen to Rick Ross and why this story came about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, So look, I do want to do a BMF film because you've been entertained by lackluster small budget series. Now it was time to do a big budget film. Which director shout out to Mahomie fd every Gray and Twine Fucar, what's up, Tarantino.
Speaker 3: It's a lot of legends. This is Kobe big. I could feel it. I'm just talking. I'm testing.
Speaker 6: Now, sources with direct knowledge of the existing contracts tell TMZ that fifty is a sole owner. As I mentioned of both the BMF stories, TV and film rights and nothing is changing. They were also told that fifty cent right now is using Genie Unit Film Division and to get into the production of Tammy Cohen, who is the woman that we know was going back of herth with Big Meach, her life story to continue the next official phase of the BMF franchise. So something's gonna come BMF. We thought it was completely over, but there's gonna be another continuation of it. It'll be involving her story. And that was the woman who was the friend and business partner of Big Meach at one point, and she was she in addition to being BMF's CEO at one point as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if fifty is ending the show, it would be hard for me to believe that he's ending the show just because he got issues with Meach and Low Meach.
Speaker 3: Fifty is a very strategic person.
Speaker 1: If he's calling for the ending of the show, that means he's already got something to work.
Speaker 5: Well, it could be it could be because of that, but then he's you know, pivoting going somewhere else as well. Because of this story. It seems like this lady was I guess when Meat was in jail. You're not allowed to make money while you're in jail. So I guess she was the one that was running it, and I guess she's gonna be telling her story.
Speaker 3: And would this show ending be just on fifty. I doubt it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of different people that he would have talk to her about that, especially at Star as other executives. Trust me, if they are calling, if they called for the ending of this show fifty, y'all something else up a sleep Well.
Speaker 6: Yes, I agree with everything that you guys are saying, but I want to say little Beach has been catching all the strays in this because why would the way that Rick Rasch's came at the show, like y'all have saw a little budget lackluster. That plays a part into the acting as well too. And it's like, poor little Meach, he didn't got the text messages posted. Now his acting is blackluster. He was just trying to, you know what I mean, bring the groceries home for his cousin and get some money for his.
Speaker 4: Dad when he came home.
Speaker 1: You're not just insulting the fifty. When you say that, you've insulting the whole calf, the whole production.
Speaker 3: Everybody.
Speaker 4: Yeah, well, any.
Speaker 6: Other news our girl Chloe, she's been having a good time over the weekend. Her and Burner Boy were out and about on a vacation. We seen him sitting and making music together. Ever even some I love mus exchange, id he, I love you now. Let's take a listen. When Chloe was up here last week, the people were so pissed about me at I did talk to her about Burna Boy and here's what she had to say.
Speaker 4: But I'm speaking of support and you know we were seeing you out with him in Nigeria. So is that a new thing? Or Nigeria was so beautiful?
Speaker 1: I've heard.
Speaker 4: What about the night life? We saw you in the club with Berna. Yes, the night life. It was so many lights, so many.
Speaker 18: Here.
Speaker 4: What's gonna I mean?
Speaker 15: Now?
Speaker 4: Is burna boy? We want to know? Is that your boo? Is this the thing? Y'all together? Do y'all go together? Real bad? Y'all just having fun?
Speaker 10: What is it?
Speaker 1: Well?
Speaker 4: I'm a grown woman. I had a great time in Nigeria.
Speaker 3: I really did.
Speaker 6: She had a great time in these clips too. They like sitting side by side in a restaurant kissing.
Speaker 4: She seems so happy. He matching AP's then I love you on the phone.
Speaker 3: Just let them cook, let him enjoy themself. I am Are you trying to get advice?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: No, no, And if I mean if I was, I'll hit my girl on the side. She give me a little one too, But I'm happy for her. She seems happy, and yeah, they have to. I love your points, So go off, Chloe. Congratulations all right, and then ment.
Speaker 1: Talk about when when when Chloe was he was in that corner. That's her God Mama and her corner telling you you better chill out, Lauren, God mom.
Speaker 6: Let me tell you when God bomb pulled me to the side. She said, I'm proud of you because at the end of the day, you are doing your job and we love to watch you do it.
Speaker 4: So let's you want to talk.
Speaker 3: About something to talk about that you want me to tell you what she told me?
Speaker 4: What she tell you?
Speaker 1: No, but want to be so what She looked the hind and said, hey, you shut up to didn't you've done my line of question?
Speaker 3: Okay, Chloe has a Valentine for this Friday? What about you?
Speaker 6: Damn, I'm figuring out some stuff I heard you have a few prospects, my mother and my grandmother and my niece. I'm going to go home and make sure that they get you know, their their roses and their candies.
Speaker 4: I do it every year, go to it.
Speaker 3: Don't leave alone.
Speaker 4: But what that's not what she told?
Speaker 3: What she told you? Okay, continue on telling you stuff. I don't think it's never wrong having a few prospects though you a single woman, like how many? How many guys?
Speaker 4: Guys?
Speaker 1: Is it for?
Speaker 18: What?
Speaker 3: That's potentials for? Valentine's ignore him? Continue on? I mean, go get yourself in trouble.
Speaker 6: No, I mean I don't have I don't know what. I don't have potential anything. The world is my oysters.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Guests talking about not about to be one gift and the second about to be no gifts.
Speaker 4: Just just continue on, and I don't know what that man is talking about over there.
Speaker 3: Continue on, maybe out of turn. I'm sorry, he's.
Speaker 4: Always older speaking. He's just speaking.
Speaker 3: What else you got?
Speaker 4: That's it? We got to get out of here, all right. You gotta wrap up. I kidnap.
Speaker 32: But that was just.
Speaker 14: Lucky.
Speaker 4: It's not a clip upon I should literally this.
Speaker 3: Was your okay moment for what charlamage.
Speaker 4: You want me to be up here bitten and and like, please exactly. That's why I'm sitting here looking good and quiet and mind my business.
Speaker 3: What are you looking for this Valentine? Oh boy? What do you hope one of these? But how does the person win?
Speaker 6: How does the person win? The winner knows how he's supposed to win. I don't have to get on Aaron.
Speaker 4: And say it.
Speaker 3: Okay, let it go, Laura. So you told all of them the same thing. Listen to me. I told you that was just the first win.
Speaker 4: It's not it's not a competition. It's you know, it's it's a marathon.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, I like that. I hate this, all right, all right, Lauren? What are you doing Friday? All right?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 3: At work?
Speaker 5: All right, all right, all right, let's get to the People's Choice mix. It's a Kendrick mix. And I played all the records that I think Kendrick missed as well. So we're gonna get into that mix.
Speaker 9: What is that?
Speaker 3: What is that I played? We salute Kendrick, but I also played some joys that I think he missed.
Speaker 4: Y'all up here as a fan?
Speaker 3: Did you put Black and Barry in there. Maybe maybe I put, all right, maybe I put because they're gonna do us. All right. This is the breakfastlubter dragging me. If you're liked into the breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Warning everybody, it's dj NV, just hilarious charlamage the guy. We are the breakfast Club La La Rosa filling in for Jess's Black History Month.
Speaker 3: What we do with today, Chelamine? Listen?
Speaker 1: You know every day during Black History Month, my god beat Out puts out an episode of I Didn't Know Maybe you didn't either on the Black Effect iHeartRadio podcast network. And today he's gonna introduce words of oppression like drape tomania.
Speaker 3: What is drape tomania? We'll discuss I didn't know?
Speaker 15: Didn't.
Speaker 23: Back in eighteen fifty one, this guy named Samuel Cartwright, he's a doctor, mind you, comes up with this disease called drape toumania.
Speaker 3: And what was this illness? You ask?
Speaker 23: Well, I'll share. It was when enslaved black people wanted to escape. Yes, apparently wanting freedom was considered a mental disorder, like oh wait, you don't enjoy being beaten and overworked and treated like property, must be something wrong with your brain? And doctor Cartwright wasn't just joking around. He had treatment plans. Spoiler alert, they weren't great. His cure was basically, you just gotta hit them harder, because you know, nothing says mental health care like a little violence. But drape domania wasn't the only wild word they came up with during this time. Oh no, they had a whole lexicon of oppression. Take chattle for example, that's what they called the enslaved people. You've heard of chattle slavery. Yeah, chattel means property like a couch or a cow. Imagine being referred to as someone's love seat. Or how about the term fugitive slave. That term was for people who escaped slavery. They made it sound like these folks were robbing banks instead of, you know, trying to not be enslaved. Then there were the slave codes, and we've discussed these in previous seasons of I didn't know, maybe you dine either, but these were actually laws designed to control enslaved people. They dictated everything where you could go, who you could talk to, even whether.
Speaker 3: You could learn to read.
Speaker 23: Like, we're already still in your freedom, but let's go ahead and micro manage your existence too, Oh, here's another fun one manumissions. That is we're rare because that's when in enslaver decided to free someone thoughtful. Congratulations, you're free. Now go figure out life in the world has been set up to screw you over. They also had a term the task system, and that's where enslaved people were giving daily assignments instead of just working from sun up to sundown. Yeah, people actually thought this was progress. So like saying good news, you only have to suffer for half the day now, So why am I telling you all this? Because words have power. Back then, they use words to dehumanize, to control, to justify the unjustifiable. And today we still see how language shapes the way we view people and history.
Speaker 3: But here's the thing. We get to decide how we use our words now.
Speaker 23: So let you use them to lift each other up, to tell the truth, and to remind the world that no one should ever need a diagnosis to want their freedom.
Speaker 3: Drake Domania a word that I didn't know. Maybe you didn't either.
Speaker 5: I know, Happy Black History Month, everybody, thank you to be that man and make sure you subscribe to that.
Speaker 3: I didn't know. Maybe you didn't need a podcast on the Black Effect.
Speaker 1: iHeartRadio podcast Network available everywhere you listen to podcasts.
Speaker 3: All right, when we come back, we got the Positive, No and more. It's the Breakfast Club.
Speaker 5: Good morning, DJ Envy, Jess, Hilary Charlamage the guy. We are the Breakfast Club. Hopefully you guys had a great weekend.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 5: I want to salute to everybody I've seen over the weekend. Of course, my daughter had dance competition, so I've seen a lot of people. So I just want to say salute to all of the dance dads. Not too many of us were out there this week because I know a lot of were at Super Bowl parties, but we were out there supporting our kids.
Speaker 3: Salute to all the dance moms as well.
Speaker 5: And I also want to salute to Cardi B and Toya and Larry Morrow out in New Orleans, Louisiana this this weekend for Super Bowl. My son went out there and they took care of my son pretty good man. Shout to Larry Moro shouter, Toya, shouter Cardi B. That that really held him down. So I just want Larry.
Speaker 1: I saw body post about how New Orleans got the best food in the world, and she was at I think she was at Monroe Steakhouse.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know what I mean, listen, best food and best accents.
Speaker 3: I'm from. I'm from.
Speaker 1: I was born in Charleton Side, Carolina, raised in Most Corner, So I'm a little biased. But New Orleans, it's New Orleans and Charleston for me.
Speaker 3: I mean it's it's New Orleans all the way. New Orleans got some of the best foods.
Speaker 1: I gotta come to charge and I'm not listening New Orleans one hundred percent. I mean, yes, one hundred percent. Come to Charleston, South Carolina too.
Speaker 4: What's y'all go to dish?
Speaker 3: Oh, what's the go to dish? It's a lot. I mean, you got shrimp and grits, you got different rights.
Speaker 1: This is because you gotta understand, like Charleston is is heavy Geechee, Gullo West African culture, so like it's it's it's a lot of that.
Speaker 3: It's what it's.
Speaker 1: I mean, it's definitely seafood, it's a lot of different things, red rice, it's a lot. I mean, don't worry how I love I love that about New Orleans. But Charleston is the other one. But I'm from this on bidas and.
Speaker 3: Also, Lauren, you got something coming up.
Speaker 6: Yes, so I know it's cold and it's snowing in New York and everywhere else you are. I don't know what the weather is, but looking forward to some good weather. I will be in the Dominican Republic Memorial Day week that is May twenty second through the twenty seventh for the Memorial Day Getaway. It's an HBCU Black Alumni weekend. You do not have to be a graduate of a HBCU to come. It's just a black fun weekend. But we do want the HBCU grads there, so come pop out with me. You can get your tickets at Memorial Day Getaway dot com and make sure at checkout you let them know.
Speaker 4: Laura the Rosa sent you. We're gonna have a good time. I'm gonna see y'all there.
Speaker 3: All right, Well, you got a positive note.
Speaker 1: I do have a positive note, man, and the positive note is simply this and salutor Kendrick Lamar.
Speaker 3: I thought he did a great job for the Super Bowl halftime show.
Speaker 1: I would have I would have picked a different set list, but I love what the show represents and I love that Kendrick never ever lets himself be put in the box. So I just want to tell y'all this great quote from Adlai Stevenson. Ad LII Stevenson once said, all progress has resulted from people who took unpopular positions. Always remember that all progress has resulted from people who took unpopular positions.
Speaker 3: Have a great day, breakfast club, bit y'all, finish for y'all. Done,