Speaker 1: Hello, Hello, Hi. What's your name? My love? My love? I'm going to call you M. I'm going to call you M L.
Speaker 2: No because I want you to say something like, ah, talk about today, my love.
Speaker 1: No, that's that's creepy. I don't like that.
Speaker 2: I thought I would get you.
Speaker 1: Well, mL, mL, what's up? How you doing?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I was I'm about to. Well, I'm not about to. I'm getting ready, just doing my makeup while watching Meet the Parents. And I called you like one hundred and seven times.
Speaker 1: Well, what is it you wanted to talk about?
Speaker 2: Oh? I wanted to talk about when I met my ex boyfriend on chat Rolette and that resulted in me moving from California to Copenhagen for two and a half years.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, how was how was that journey?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 4: It was.
Speaker 2: It was crazy. Do you know what chatterlette is? I feel like when I've told people this story, they're like, what's Chatroulette?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Of course, Chatroulette is a place where you can go to see people jerk off all over the world.
Speaker 2: Yes, basically. Yeah, And this was a long time ago. This was in like, this was when Chatroulette was really new. It was like two thousand and I don't know, nineteen or something or not, nineteen nine, and my friend and I used to go on there together and just suck with people. And there was one day I went on by myself. I had time to kill. Yeah, it was just a bunch of dudes jerking off and you just press next until you meet someone that's normal, and yeah, it was this dude. And we didn't even talk for very long, but yeah, we ended up becoming pen pals for about a year. And then after a year, I was like, I've never been to Europe. I don't even know what Denmark. I knew nothing about Denmark, never was on my radar. And I was like, would it be weird if I came to Denmark and you know, stayed there for like a week or something, just to go to Europe for the first time. And he said no, And everyone thought I was going to be murdered, Like my friends had like a going away party for me, because everyone was convinced I wasn't going to come back. And yeah, I went and we ended up dating like right away, and like a year. We were long distance for a year. I would go out there every few months for like a month at a time, and Yeah. Eventually I got a job out there as an no pair and that's what allowed me to live out there. And that shit was crazy, because a no pair, like you're supposed to kind of live with a family in exchange for pocket money and just having the experience of living in another country, in a different culture or whatever. You're supposed to be kind of like a member of the family. I didn't know what opairing was before I started applying for it, and this lady, she told me right away that she expected a little bit more like her standards were a little higher. And I was so desperate to move out there, and I had interviewed with so many families that fell through that I was like, sure, yeah, whatever. I didn't think much of it, but yeah, that bitch had me working six days a week, sometimes seven days a week, and I made her and her two kids breakfast, lunch, and dinner seven days a week on I had Sundays off, and on Saturdays I would have to make, you know, enough dinner for them to have, breakfast, lunch, and dinner for them to have for two days. I cleaned her entire house. She was hell a rich she lived in like a mansion. Clean that shit, mowed her lawn. I had never mowed a lawn in my life, trimmed these hedges that were like ten feet tall. It never done that shit before. She had me like weigh her food and keep an inventory like in an Excel sheet, and it was it was intense. It was very intense.
Speaker 1: Did you get paid at all or or was this like just in exchange for living?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I got paid, but man, I was living extremely paycheck to paycheck. I've never lived that paycheck to paycheck in my entire life, because Denmark is such an expensive country. And the first like three months I lived in her house in a room just to really get a feel for what the expectations are and get to know her kids and stuff, because part of what I had to do, on top of everything else was take her kids to school, them up from school, teach them English, make sure they did their homework, aise them, like everything. And after three months she whupped my pay so I could get an apartment with my friend. But she was like that the expectations are going to be higher, and I was like okay, but I mean I had no choice. I did not want to live with them anymore. It was very hard working like that, and then going home is just going upstairs to a room. I was just in a room all day because I don't want to hang out with them. And she was very crazy. I thought it was normal at first. I'm like, I'm in a new culture. I don't know, maybe everyone out here weighs their fucking oregano and then puts it in the next smell sheet.
Speaker 1: And you were weighing food and putting it in excel. Yeah, yeah, is that a Danish thing or this lady?
Speaker 2: No, it's her. I learned it was her because after like months of doing that, I was out with friends one night, just exhausted, and I was just like, man, telling them about all the shit she's having me do. And I'm like, is that what you guys do out here? And they were like no, what the fuck? So yeah, she was just crazy, I guess. And she had a huge basement and in the basement was so much food, like multiple freezers and fridges completely full, and every like every other week, I would have to go down there and take inventory and put it in a spreadsheet. And I don't know why she had me do that. I think it was she had she had some issues for sure. I think it was just control. She wanted, like control of her environment because she didn't have control, and a lot of other aspects of her life I learned over time. Yeah, it was pretty wild. I still keep in touch with the little girl. She's eighteen now, which is crazy.
Speaker 1: But oh yeah, how was How were the kids? Were they nice or were they like Brad?
Speaker 2: The little girl, I mean, her and I were cool. She was the older one, she was eight when I started there, and the little boy was so little, he was like three, So I didn't really build a relationship with him because he really just spoke zero English, and no matter how much I would work with him and try to teach him, he just, I don't know, didn't want to learn English. But the little girl learned English so fast, and so her and I were cool, but she was out of absolutely out of control. She would just straight up be like fuck you to her mom and like this is bullshit. Yeah, and it was tight because I was like, dang, she's saying so much I wish I could say to her, but she's like my boss, So yeah, I had to.
Speaker 1: So you you also hated this lady.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was complex because I hated her in a lot of ways, because she would really hold over my head, like deporting me. And I moved to Denmark to be with my boyfriend, so I was like, you know, going back to the USA was my worst fear, and I felt like I was working my fucking ass off and if I didn't do one thing to her standards, it would be like, hey, before you leave for the night, like, do you mind if we sit down, and it's like, oh, fuck what, And it would just be this intense conversation of her base and then her being like, you know, I really don't want to send you back to the US, but I don't how to know what else to do. This can't continue, and I'm like, okay, I forgot to pack like an apple in the kid's lunch or something. I don't know, it's something so tiny.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, this sounds like a cunt.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But at the same time, I felt really sad for her because I feel like I learned stuff about her that a lot of her family didn't know, Like she her dream was to become to like work on Wall Street in New York. She's super smart. She was the CEO of the energy like the solar energy company in Denmark and her ex husband lived in China. He's super rich, like owned some pharmaceutical shit in China, and basically I learned that she got pregnant by him super young. He's about like almost fifteen years older than her, and it just like put all her dreams of moving to the US and doing all these things on hold to have kids with him. And then he ended up having an affair in China because he would go there for business all the time, and then basically was like, Hey, I actually love this woman in China, so I'm going to move to China and peace. So she was like a single mom while he was with his woman in China that he cheated on her with, and then he had a baby with her and the kids, the kids would like skype him once a week and it was only for thirty minutes, and by then I had learned Danish pretty well, and their conversations would always be like, hey, I got you guys at present. You want to guess what it is, and then the kids would be guessing what it is, and then oh, thirty minutes are up. All right, talk to you next week. That was like the extent, and they would visit him once a year and I got offered to go and I would be paid, but I really thought about it, and the vibes were off. I was like, hell no, this guy sounds crazy and I'll be stuck in China. I'm good, wow like this, Yeah, yeah, she would like I felt like she had no one else to talk to. I mean, she didn't really have friends. I would offer to keep the kids over the weekend. I'm like, do you want like a weekend alone? Like, do you want to go out go on dates? I don't know something, because all she did was work and then be with the kids. That's it. And yeah, I feel like she didn't have anyone to talk to about it. And it's crazy because so fast forwarding to I'm already back in the US two and a half years later, it's like five months after I'm home. Oh shit, I shouldn't have said her name.
Speaker 1: We can believe it out.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I don't think she listens to this, but I don't know who knows. But anyway, the little girl she messaged me on Facebook, and her English was all weird and broken, and I know she speaks perfect English, so I was confused, and there was something about her mom and so I messaged her uncle, her mom's brother, and was like, hey, messaging me about her mom, Like what's up. And he's like, oh, her mom. I don't want to say her name. Her mom died. She fell off a mountain.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Wow, fell off a mountain.
Speaker 1: Wow.
Speaker 2: So crazy wow? Crazy. Yeah. So every year the whole family would go to France to like ski and they would just do rich people stuff for like a few weeks. And I guess they were there and she said I'm gonna go on a hike by herself, which already is a red flag because she never did that shit. She always wanted the kids to like do that stuff with her. And hours went by, it's getting dark, everyone's like where is she? And they get a knock on the door and it's like a mountain ranger and he has her ID and it's like, you guys know this woman And they said yeah, and they're like, we found her body at the like the base of a mountain ship. Yeah. Yeah. And obviously I never told anyone in their family this, but I really think she killed herself just based on like how how I don't know, I felt, how tormented she was, she was, she had some she was she was a lot.
Speaker 1: So now I feel now, I feel now I feel bad that I said she sounds like a cunt, honestly, honestly, right after honestly, right after I said it, I was like, ah, I shouldn't have said that.
Speaker 2: Uh no, I've I've said those exact words, so not even she sounds like she is. That's why I have very conflicted feelings about her. I'm like, yeah, I hated her, but I also felt bad for her. But I also was like, I don't know, yeah, she it was a lot, but yeah, it was interesting because that job, you know, that was the kind of job that would have me wake up in the middle of the night like gasping because I'm like, oh my god, I forgot to do whatever. And after I moved back home, I promised myself I would never ever in my life, ever again have a job that has me feeling like that. I'll never have a job that I need to take work home, that I need to stay after five or whatever that has me thinking about work outside of work. Ever, I don't care how much it pays, like it's not worth it. And I haven't. I've turned down jobs that I thought would be like that, and I think that served me. It was a learning experience.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you know, it's so life is so complicated like that, because like this lady, it sounds like, you know, something fucked up happened to her, and so she's like taking it out on everyone else and then it ends with her fucking you know. Uh yeah, that's a it's a real yeah, that's that's a real tricky one.
Speaker 2: Yeah. But at the same time, I was like twenty and I'm like, this is a lot, Like I I can't Yeah, I don't know. And I was just one person.
Speaker 1: So what happened with your boyfriends? Like, what's that whole story?
Speaker 2: Oh? I mean, I don't know. We were together while I was there. So actually the first it was interesting because he and his friend had plans to come to the US for a month and do like a little US trip, and then I found out I got this job in Denmark and when she hired me, she was like, I need you here in a week, So that was pretty insane. I was actually living in LA at the time, and it went from trying to find my bearings in LA to oh my god, I have to move back to my hometown to say goodbye. To my friends and family because I'm going to be moving across the world in one week and I don't know when.
Speaker 5: I'll be back.
Speaker 2: And the week that I moved to Denmark was the same week my boyfriend at the time and his best friend were coming to the US. So the whole first month I was in Denmark, I knew nobody. I didn't have my boyfriend there. He was here in the US, so that was pretty crazy. But after that, I ended up getting an apartment with my friend and then eventually me and my boyfriend moved in together and it was cool, and he came back with me when I had to move back, because you know, you get a residence permit as a no pairent. After so long, it expires and then that's it. And I tried everything to stay in Denmark everything. Denmark is like one of the hardest countries in the world to get citizenships, and it doesn't matter if I got married to my boyfriend, even it does not guarantee me anything. And it's like a point system out there, and if you don't reach a hundred points then they're like, sorry, you're not good enough. And I think being like a doctor or a lawyer, stuff like that gets you like fifty points, like they want useful people, which I can't blame him, I guess, But.
Speaker 1: Why you guys broke up?
Speaker 2: Yeah, definitely. Yeah. He came back with me for like two weeks or something, and it was fun like, well, yeah, all over California, European guy whatever. But at the end of two weeks, it was like, okay, I mean what we're not like, this isn't it's gonna work. There's just no way. So, yeah, we broke up. I mean I don't really, I'm in California in the base.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. I don't want to interrupt. You said you still keep in touch with him?
Speaker 2: I mean I don't keep in touch with him, like follow each other, and I still keep in touch with a lot of people from there that we are our mutual friends, but like we all talk, but you know, we're friendly.
Speaker 1: And what's life like nowadays in California?
Speaker 5: It's cool.
Speaker 2: I'm married, no, and oh wow me and my husband. Yeah yeah, I mean this is like ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Oh oh oh, this was all ten Oh okay, I didn't realize this was that long. Okay, So how old are you now?
Speaker 2: I'm thirty four?
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, okay, so this is just like fourteen years ago.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, well yeah, yeah, I guess whoa, No, fourteen years Well yeah, I said you said you were twenty ten years ago.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was twenty when I went there, and then when I came back home, I was like twenty three. But yeah, yeah, I guess eleven.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's crazy. Whoa Yeah, No, I'm married now. And it's funny because when my ex came out here, we went to a party and a bunch of my friends were there and my friend Caleb was at the party, and I'm introducing my boyfriend to everyone. And later, like days later or something, he's like, so, what's up with you and Caleb? And I'm like, what do you mean? And he's like, what's the history there? And I've known Caleb since I was about fifteen. We've never had anything romantic. We're just friends. And he did not believe me, never believed me. He always thought I was lying. And anyway, that's my husband, Caleb.
Speaker 1: Wait, I'm sorry, ing, hold on, I'm sorry, I'm sorry that I didn't understand. Just now you're at Caleb is the friend that you never did anything with or he's your husband.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, both.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, oh okay, okay, So he ended up being your husband?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like years later, years years later, we ended up starting to date and then that's who I'm married to now.
Speaker 1: So it's always the guy. It's always the guy she tells you not to worry about. Yes, yeah, you married the guy you told him not to worry about. That's funny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, literally, But but I was being honest there truly never was I want this to be on the record, There really never was anything between me and him until years later. It was like, oh, but clearly he saw something between us that we didn't see. I don't know the chemistry. Who knows?
Speaker 1: So in that gay how long? How long have you known your husband?
Speaker 2: For a long time? We met when I was about fifteen, Wow, through mutual friends. He was in a band and my friend was like, why is see this band tonight? And yeah, you know, we just had a ton of mutual friends and have stayed friends. I have a lot of friends from when I was about fifteen fourteen fifteen, we're I have a lot of friends from that era and he's one of them.
Speaker 1: And what do you do now in California?
Speaker 4: Oh god, my job.
Speaker 2: Is so boring. It's not even I work for the state. That's all that's worth mentioning. It's just a boring stage job. But it's cushy. I mean, when you work for the state, it's like impossible to get fired and you get like retirement and all that shit.
Speaker 1: So looking back on all this and like talking about it right now, since it's been so long since, do you feel like your life worked out better having left Denmark or do you ever think about what it would be like if you s did?
Speaker 2: I think sometimes I would think about it, but then I would see, like what my ex is up to, and I'll be like, nah, Hellna, there's no way like he's he just seems so like he doesn't know what he has no direction in life. He just seems like he's kind of flailing. And I wouldn't be down for that. I'd want to be with someone that's more grounded, and I don't know, it just it wouldn't have worked out anyway. Would it have been cool though, to live in Denmark? Hell yeah, I would be stoked to live in Denmark, But as far as being with my ex, I don't think it would have lasted anyway. He's just I don't know doing his thing, but yeah, I've thought about it, but I think my life. I like my life now. Yeah, I love my life. And we bought our first house this year or last year, twenty twenty four. But yeah, so I like how things turned out. I think it was meant to be. I'm glad I had that experience though out there. I mean, gave me a very good work ethic for sure, and it made me like so at boundaries for what I want in a job, what I'm willing to put up with and say no to and stuff. And yeah, I had like a cool experience living in another country for a long time. And I still understand a good amount of Danish, which is cool. The language I don't know anyone that knows anything about. But yeah, that was awesome. I'd recommend it to anyone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was gonna say, I'm gonna take if the chat, if the live twitch chat watching wants to ask any questions, I'll give them a chance to put some questions in the chat. Just real quick. This has absolutely nothing to do This has literally nothing to do with any anything. But I'm looking at the twitch chat and somebody in the chat wrote, damn the gecko got chunky. But there's a little icon Hella ho on. There's a little icon next to their name that says that they're that they're only listening to the stream. They're not even watching what. I don't know. I just know, I don't. I mean, I don't. I don't give a shit. But I just thought it was funny that they weren't even watching the stream. Okay, somebody said, uh, was the food good there?
Speaker 2: It was, okay, Honestly, it was kind of bland. It's funny because they did not have any hot sauce out there. Their hot sauce was tabasco. That's all they had. And I came back to California one time for five days and I brought HELLI shit back. They don't have corn tortillas out there either, So I brought back corn tortillas. I brought back a huge like you know, the giant bottle top of TiO. I think two of them. And I brought back like all these dried chili peppers. And I had a dinner party in my tiny ass apartment and I made enchiladas and like rice and beans and guacamole and all these things, and it was like they tasted flavor for the first time. The people I had over they could it was like their minds were blown. Oh and I brought back red vines. The only licorice they have out there as black licorice and they love that shit. And I brought back red vines and everyone was like, wow, this this should tell a good But yeah, all they eat out there is like pork and pickled fish.
Speaker 1: Now I've maybe mentioned this on this podcast about two hundred times. Did you go to seven eleven and did you get the chicken on a stick there?
Speaker 2: Hell? Yeah, that was my first experience with a nice seven eleven. And I've been to Japan and like, obviously that's like the seven eleven ever, But en Mark, I didn't know seven elevens in other countries were good. I didn't know that was a thing. And what was interesting to me out there too was the people behind the counter at two am, when you're waisted and going to seven eleven to eat, are like teenagers. It's like teenager guys and girls working seven eleven at two am in a major city. That was insane to me. And the fact that you could get hot food that's actually good. Yeah, kicking kebabs and stuff, and that was my first experience with that, and I thought, wow, why why can't we have that?
Speaker 1: Somebody? So somebody asked, uh, okay, so when when that girl messaged you for the first time in a while and her English was broken but you remember her having good English? Do you do you? Did you ever figure out why her English was broken? Like was it? Because when you first said that, I was like, Oh, somebody's messaging you through her account or something.
Speaker 2: That's exactly what I thought. I thought she got was like hacked or something. I think she was distraught. I think she was just messaging me while being distraught, which is like to think about. But yeah, I think she was just probably I don't know, not thinking straight and just getting out the first words she could think of to put a sentence together. But yeah, that's my guess. But I don't know. I didn't ask her, Probably never will.
Speaker 1: Somebody said, so, Denmark is known as like the happiest country in the world. Having gone there, does that check out to you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Kinda? Like I mean, I was broke as hell because this lady was paying me and there was a minimum she had to pay, and she stayed at that minimum. But out there, like I had friends that were working like in a grocery store, bagging groceries, and they made enough money to have their own apartment. And you know, you get free education, free healthcare. And then on top of that, if you go to school out there, the government sends you a check every month. And I was like, what is that four so like financial aid and they're like no, it's literally the government being like, good for you for going to school, thank you, here's a reward, here's a check, keep it up now. And people pay their rent and shit with that. And but speaking of free healthcare, I got hit by a car while living in Denmark while riding my bike and that free healthcare really kicked in for me. And they got pneumonia while I lived out there, and I thought I was going to die.
Speaker 1: So one person help said. One person said, what were the people there like? And then another person said, are the people they're boring?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think they're boring. They're really interesting, and there were for the most part. They spoke English. Weirdly, my ex spoke the best English. I mean, he founded American when you would talk to him, and I asked him how his English was so good, and he said from playing online video games for so many years and so a lot of the people I spoke with it would be like very broken English. But I mean I got to know a lot of people, and no, they weren't boring. They're really cool. And what was the other question?
Speaker 1: Uh, just like what the people are like in general?
Speaker 2: Oh, they were cool. But man, I felt so ugly living out there.
Speaker 1: Like people there are very beautiful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, everyone is like at least five eight five nine, like girls, just everyone and very beautiful blonde hair like. Everyone looks like a model, and I'm Hella shore brown hair like. I don't look like a model. I don't know. So everyone's gorgeous, and I felt very ugly.
Speaker 1: I'm really I'm really glad to hear that everything worked out so well for you. I appreciate you taking all this time to tell us your life story. I feel like, again, you know, I always talk about this like my favorite. I really enjoy talking to you because, like the I like hearing about people's like life experience and you know, how things take twists and turns and work out and kind of unconventional ways. And I'm sure they'll be at least a person or too who listens to your story and maybe it gives them some kind of context for their own life story of some kind. So I appreciate you sharing. Is there? I guess you know? Before we go? Is there any other like aspect of anything you wanted to talk about or anything you want to say? Any any any The floor is yours before we go. If there's anything else, Oh, man.
Speaker 2: There is something else I want to talk about. But it's almost seven and I'm supposed to meet my friend at seven thirty for dinner. So no, But can I can I shout out my band?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Please? What's your band?
Speaker 2: Were called night School and our Instagram is night School Band, and shed give us a follow where Actually we just finished recording, aren't ep so we'll be releasing your music soon And if you live in the Bay Area, we play shows.
Speaker 1: So oh, look at you got a blue check mark? Look at that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we're official?
Speaker 1: Pretty cool, pretty cool? What kind of music is this you? I guess there's no. That was a stupid question to ask over the phone. But is this how many? Is there four or four people in the band?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I actually just made a shirt today for merch. I was like painting with bleach and it turned out pretty sick.
Speaker 1: So yuess all right, cool man, what got it? What kind of what kind of music?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: Play? Oh?
Speaker 4: Man?
Speaker 2: I never the best way to describe it, I guess is shoe gaze. I never know what are like kind of Jean to describe us as. But I mean we're on all like streaming platforms and stuff, so you can listen to us anywhere.
Speaker 1: Ooh, you guys have a show? You have a show? Can I talk? Can I shout out your show? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah in a couple of weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sure, Yeah, you got a show in San Francisco on January twenty third. That sounds cool, just like all like the Yeah, I'm just scrolling through the Instagram. I'm like, all right, I gotta check out this band. This looks cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, check us out. And when you're here, I mean, if we're playing, come see us. But yeah, if you come here again, I do want to go to your show. I actually had tickets to one of your San Francisco shows and I ended up like not being able to go, and I, yeah, I just have the tickets. I don't know. I don't have any friends that listen to you. Which is sad, but I talk you up all the time. I tell people about you and they're like, Therapy, get go, and I'm like, no, just listen, you just gotta listen.
Speaker 1: Well, thanks man. Hopefully I'm returning the favor with the by shouting out Nights School. I'm sure you'll get some some Gecko people in there. Yeah, let me know if anyone shows up. Let me know if anyone shows up to your show, and it's like I heard about you on the Gecko podcast.
Speaker 2: Oh dude, yeah, hell yeah, yeah, if you come to our show, I mean, you won't know which person I am, but come up to one of us and just ask if you you know I talked on Arapy Get Go?
Speaker 1: But yeah, what's your name again?
Speaker 2: My love? Oh?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I forgot about that all right, all right, my love, thank you for calling. Okay, right, all right, thanks for calling man, Thanks for sharing your story, and good luck dog.
Speaker 2: Thanks you too.
Speaker 3: Bye.
Speaker 1: That was cool. I like that. I liked that story. Yeah, dude, that's a that's a that's a crazy twisty turney tail right there. It's a crazy twisty turney tail right there. I'm gonna check this out Night's School band. That sounds cool. Hey man, what's your name? Uh?
Speaker 3: If you want, you can give me a name.
Speaker 1: I like when you do that, cool, I'll call you. Uh uh Stacy, Stacy.
Speaker 2: I like that.
Speaker 1: What's going on, Stacy?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Not much right now. I'm just hanging out my house. Not much going on. Just watch my roommate play Minecraft.
Speaker 1: Is there anything you wanted to talk about today, Stacy? Oh?
Speaker 3: Nothing really super in particular. There's a few, like not so serious things and more serious things. You go like with like a not so serious type question if you want.
Speaker 1: Dear God, please please please. I'm begging, I beg you please give me a not serious question.
Speaker 3: Okay, So something I've been thinking about a lot recently because like Taco Bell has like brought back some of their old discontinued items. Yeah, just like old discontinued items that I really really like because I love the caramel apple and panada. I don't know if you've ever had that, but that is literally my dad old, give that.
Speaker 1: Stop me stop stop. What the what the fuck is a caramel apple and panada?
Speaker 3: You've never had that before?
Speaker 1: You're lying to me.
Speaker 3: I'm not lying to you. Okay, okay, okay, do you remember like when McDonald used to have like the fried apple pies. Yeah, it's it's it's like that. It's it's like that basically. It's like so good. It's it's amazing. It's just like like an apple pie type filling and then they fry it. I mean, I don't know if they actually fry it, but it's like it's it's like a fried type texture.
Speaker 1: And this is a Taco Bell item.
Speaker 3: Yeah, right now. They brought it back for a limited time. It used to be like around more like in the two thousands and stuff.
Speaker 1: Jamie, pull up caramel Apple and Panada. It's so good. I'm telling you, yeah, I'm looking at it right now. That's insane USA. Today Taco Bells Caramel a Panada is Caramel Apple and Panada is back. What the fuck? Oh my god, Yeah, this is real. I've never heard of this. That's crazy.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, I'm telling you you're missing out.
Speaker 1: WHOA.
Speaker 3: As a kid, every time I would be begging my dad, I was like, please, please, please, can I get a caramel and plump caramel apple epanat I'm struggling.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, okay, so go ahead. What is it about the caramel apple and panada.
Speaker 3: Like, what is it that makes it so amazing?
Speaker 1: Or sorry? I thought you said I thought you said you had a not sorry. I thought you said you had a not serious question. I thought there was a question about the.
Speaker 3: Well, my question was gonna be if there was any discontinued fast food item that you like, hold near and dear to your heart that you really want to see come back.
Speaker 1: Oh man, um m mmm, I'm trying to think here, dude, not really like all my favorites are so oh oh wait, I actually do an answer. Do they still have the case so rito? Dude?
Speaker 3: No? They okay, okay, they's answer kind they get them to make You can kind of get them to make it though. I have a friend who works at Taco Bell and he taught me the hack.
Speaker 1: What like the hack is you want to beg them to Is it just you beg them to wrap a burrito in a case of dia.
Speaker 3: You can literally, like if you do it on the app, you can customize one of their items to make it so it's basically a case rito.
Speaker 1: Whoa, that's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so you do the five layer burrito, take the fucking beans off of that because the beans are terrible and they don't go into the case. So Rito take those off, add the spicy like Chipotle sauce that they have, and then you add rice and have them grill it at the case.
Speaker 1: So Rito, Man, there are enough ads in this podcast already, but this is fully I just want people to know. This is not like a sponsored segment. I just genuinely take a lot of joy in talking about Taco Bell.
Speaker 3: Oh, I absolutely love Taco.
Speaker 1: Bell when I and I also and also by the way, just to just to just to even reiterate the fact that this is not sponsored. I I act, if you're listening to this right now, I actively suggest that you never ever ever go to Taco Bell for the rest of your life. I really think, like if you were to ask me, no, if you were to ask me, like if you if you were to ask me to describe the day in a life of a happy, healthy human being, nowhere in that day does it involve them going to Taco Bell. So I enjoy eating Taco Bell, I'm talking about it, but I don't I can't in good conscious or faith recommend anyone ever go there and eat any of the food there.
Speaker 3: I mean, I get it, but it also makes me sad to hear you say that.
Speaker 1: Why why did hold on? Why does that make you? Said?
Speaker 3: I go to Taco Belle, I mean at least three times a week usually, so I mean, yeahs at least three days out of my week are not happy days according to you.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean, I don't know. We what's your definition of happiness?
Speaker 3: Uh? I mean, honestly, for me, it's like if I if I get something done in the day that makes me like I feel like I did something good for someone else or something in the world. At least I feel like I've I've done something to have me have like a good happy day. Okay, but I don't know that's just me.
Speaker 1: I mean you're gonna get to that, I guess.
Speaker 3: But Taco Bell will be over reward if I do something like that.
Speaker 1: Sure, sure, sure, Look I'm just being Look here's thing. I also like. I eating a lot of Taco Bell makes me really happy, but it also makes me feel like shit as eating fast food. I'm not trying, by the way, I'm not trying to be like a dick about any of this. I'm just this is just realistic. This is just a realistic balance.
Speaker 3: So honestly, I should definitely not.
Speaker 1: No, no, Like I here's the thing is, like, I what's because a hypocrite is somebody who like talks about doing something that they would like I'm not. I'm trying not to be a hypocrite, but like there's a different word maybe of like I eat a lot, like eating a lot of taco bell. I enjoy it, but I know I shouldn't do it.
Speaker 3: You're yeah, like basically like you yourself do it, but you're not recommending it to other people, and you know yourself that it's not the best thing to be doing it, but you get the enjoyment out of it, so you're gonna.
Speaker 1: Do it, right. It's like a being it's like a reverse hypocrite.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know what the word for that would be, but there definitely should your word for that.
Speaker 1: You said, what was the other thing you wanted to say? You said you had a couple of not serious things and maybe one serious thing.
Speaker 3: Uh, I mean, like, I don't know, I know you, I don't know how much you smoke, but I smoke. But I'm trying to, like like weed, I'm trying to get down on it. But like I just don't really know the best. I don't know.
Speaker 1: It's hard.
Speaker 3: I don't know if you have any tips or anything on that. I don't know how much you smoke.
Speaker 1: I probably yeah. I mean, you know, we talked about this. We've talked about this a bunch of times. I yeah, probably smoked weed every day. I like it, and it's I I put it on the same level as taco bell. It's like, is it a doctor recommended? Probably not? Probably not. But I don't know, You'll be fine. Maybe, I don't know. I'm sorry, I don't. I mean, I'm so what's your name again?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Well, had you get oh? Froh?
Speaker 1: Stacy? Stacy. I'm so sorry, Stacy, but I can't have this. I can't have a conversation every podcast about smoking weed every time.
Speaker 3: No, no, you're all good. I just yeah, no, I get it. I get it. I mean that's about I talk about talk about.
Speaker 2: What do you expect?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Yeah, Well, I'm I'm happy for you. That the the thank you for ruining my life by telling me about the caramel apple and Panada. I will definitely be trying you do try it.
Speaker 3: Please talk about it sometime after you try it on like maybe one of the like nail Gag episodes or something like that.
Speaker 1: I promise, I promise you, Stacy, if I ever eat this, I'm not gonna tell anyone. This is this will absolutely this will absolutely be a secret thing that I do. If I end up doing.
Speaker 3: It, it will be life changing though, if you ever do try it.
Speaker 1: I'm just telling you, Stacy. Is there anything else you want to say it to the people of the computer before we go?
Speaker 3: No, Uh, just thanks for talking to me. It was awesome.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 3: Everyone keeps trying and calling. I've tried a lot and I finally got it.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, take care of you too.
Speaker 3: Hello, Hi, I'm Frank, Frank Yo.
Speaker 1: What's up? What's up? What's up?
Speaker 4: I actually, I literally just I was hanging out with my friends and we were watching the Lions Vikings football game and I saw you were streaming and I was like, Yo, guys, I gotta fucking go like tonight, tonight, I'm calling the gak it's happening. And they were like, no, Frank, you gotta stay for the game. Stay for the game. And I was like, the game, like it right, thank you.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 4: I'm not a huge like football fan, like go birds. And all, but you know, like I don't know, football is not my vibe. So Gabe, I was like, I gotta try and.
Speaker 1: Call when you say now, when you say go birds, what what? What game is this? What game is on?
Speaker 4: It's the Detroit Lions and the Vikings. But I'm from Philly, so it's always cool time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I I remember when the Eagles won the Super Bowl in twenty eighteen, everyone stormed the city and like I was in Philly at the time, and everyone it stormed the city.
Speaker 4: I went, Yeah, I was in high school at the time, and I went to the parade and that was like the first time I ever day drank. Like I was a theater kid in high school, so it was a big thing for me to even go to the gate. Like everybody was like, let's go to the parade, and I was like, I don't watch football, but like I guess, and I begged my mom. I was like, Mom, everybody's taking the train.
Speaker 2: It'll be it'll be super safe, Like we're.
Speaker 4: Going to ride the train together. And we had rehearsal that day and we all got so trashed, like showed up to rehearsal kind of hungover. It was so fun, like most insane day of my life. Well, actually that's a lie. That's a lie, but it was.
Speaker 2: It was pretty lit.
Speaker 3: It was pretty lit, so franky fun.
Speaker 1: What is it you wanted to talk about today?
Speaker 4: Honestly, I don't know. Well, I have a few things on my mind, and one of them is kind of stupid. But I just have wanted your opinion because I don't know. You're a guy, and I feel like you'll be able to like give me just the opinion. I broke up with my ex, all right, let's just start there. I met the most wonderful guy this summer after a really horrible relationship.
Speaker 2: I was dating.
Speaker 4: Somebody who I met my freshman year of college. I actually moved out of the country to be with him. I dropped out of college. I did a whole like I really just like up ended my life to be with this guy, and I like was down bad. I was in love with him, I got a dog. We were like doing the thing. I was in a whole nother I was. I was living in Puerto Rico. It was beautiful, and we broke up for well, he dumped me like four years ago, and it's been a really long time. Like getting back into the dating scene. And this past summer, I met this guy, such a nice guy, like truly so nice, but I just had a feeling from the beginning. I was like, I don't know, something just seems off, like and I think I don't know. I like told him from the get go too, I was like, I'm worried I'm gonna break your heart, like this is the first healthy relationship I've been in, and like something just doesn't seem right. And he always he knew, like right away, he was like, I want kids, I want to get married. I'm gonna like I just love having like a white like the idea of a wife, and like I don't know, that's just like not me. And it felt like a lot. And then for a while everything was going really great and I just I don't know, I think I broke his heart. Like we were everything was great and he would hang out with my friends and they all got along, but like I would go home and I just knew, like something wasn't right, and I think part of it is like I mean I don't really care like what people have going on, but I'm pretty sure I'm kind of gay. And that was like something that wasn't fair to like him to like be in the middle of you know what I mean, How am I supposed to figure out like my own shit when I have a boyfriend who's like very monogamous and like, does that make sense? I?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yes, yes, Sorry, I feel.
Speaker 4: Like I'm going so hard right now.
Speaker 1: Like oh no, no, no, no.
Speaker 4: That I'm like, literally I feel like I'm screaming at you right now.
Speaker 1: Tell your story.
Speaker 4: So anyways, we dated for not even that long, like after like a month, he told me he loved me, like it was just it was very fast. I met his family like and it was so nice. But the whole time, I knew in the back of my head, like this guy's so into you and you don't know what you want to do, and like it all felt it felt not fair to like be with somebody who cared so much about me when I didn't know what I wanted to do, and it felt like I was dragging him along, and like, truly, I have never had somebody treat me like that, and I just the whole time knew it wasn't right. And we had like the most amazing weekend. We went to like october Fest with my friends, and I was so like sick knowing that it wasn't the right fit for me, that I couldn't even be alone, Like my anxiety was just eating at me every day, and all my family and friends were like yourself sabotaging, Like you've never had somebody be this nice to you, and now he's like so nice to you that you're trying to ruin it. But like I knew, like I feel like you know when you really want to be with somebody, and like I wanted it to work so bad, but I felt like I was playing straight and like being somebody I wasn't. And I just woke up one morning and was like I have to end it, like and it was so hard. I felt horrible. He called me that morning and was like, let's go take the dogs for a walk, because like our dogs were friends. It was really sweet, and I just I packed up all this stuff and I met him outside and I made him come to my car, and I feel like I broke his heart and like he cried, like it was just it was a lot, like I feel horrible, and I like tried to make it make sense to him, and I was like listen, like you're so great, and you're so wonderful, and like.
Speaker 2: I just feel like I have.
Speaker 4: Been trying really hard to make this work, but like you deserve somebody that wants to be in the same boat as you, And like I just felt horrible because he was trying so hard to like make it work too. He was like, oh, do whatever you want, like we can, and I was like, no, that's not the thing. Like I want you to be happy with whoever you're gonna be with. And I guess what I'm worried about now is that I've just like broke his heart and like, would you hate that person like down the line, like if you thought about it and somebody broke up with you because they were like, hey, we have so much fun and like this all seems so perfect, but like you just it's not the right fit. Like do you think you would hate that person down the line or do you think you look back on it and be like, Yeah, that sucked. That really sucked. I wish that it worked out, but I'm also glad that they did that because now I can find somebody that I feel the same way about.
Speaker 1: I don't I really don't think you did this guy wrong. I really agree with the way that you're looking at it, because if you had a gut feeling about this relationship, and if you were to just continue to ignore your gut feeling over and over and over again until until it got too late, right and you were like married and had a kid with this guy. Yeah, no, you didn't do this guy. I think you did the right thing. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was to the point where I felt so bad that I was like trying to force myself to stay and I was I was like, I'll just get pregnant.
Speaker 1: Like yeah, it's terrible.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like everything, like We'll just I'll make it work, Like I'll be like I'll be his stay out Like no, like that is just not that's just not okay, okay, cool, Well I need to make sure.
Speaker 1: Well it's an interesting No, it's an interesting it's like a truly interesting.
Speaker 4: Thing.
Speaker 1: I think about it a lot, like like obviously, I think with relationships, like there does come a point where you have to be like, Okay, this is like a challenge that like what's the line between this is a challenge or a difference that I want to work to overcome because I think all relationships have that. And then what's the line between that and no, this just isn't working and this is in reconcilable in what's unreconcilable and and it's hard and it is it is, it's like very hard I think to just discern between what's like worth uh what like are what are just like hurdles that are necessary to accomplish as as part of being in a relationship versus like overall this is this is just a complete irreconcilable difference. Yeah, I don't know. It's hard, and it's really it is very hard. And in a lot of ways I think subjective the difference between those things, but I don't. But overall, I don't think you did any I don't think you did anything wrong. I don't think you like if you like here, like if you were like a cheating on this guy and you were like trying to make it way like that would be doing it wrong. But no, like just ending the relationship because it didn't feel right to you even if he was treating you well, I think is I think it's not a bad. Yeah, I don't think Yeah, I don't think you did this guy wrong.
Speaker 4: Amazing, thank you. That was that was good. That was good. Gek, this is so surreal. I cannot believe this is happening right now. How have you been?
Speaker 2: How are you?
Speaker 1: How am I? Like? Uh, yeah, I'm doing I'm doing pretty good. I'm doing okay. Life is Life is nice. It's nice to be alive. It's better than the alternative to be dead forever. By the way, you said you said you had a I feel like maybe I'm hearing this wrong, but I think you had said you had multiple things and this was just one of them.
Speaker 4: This is yeah. I mean, I feel like I'm going through like insane shifts in my life your podcast. So I'm not an old listener. I just started listening to you like three months ago. But when I listen to podcasts, what I like to do is I started your first ever episode and I listen from there. So I've really only listened to a few of your newer episodes. But this shit, like it, this is one of my favorite things to listen to. Like, when I was going through all that shit, I would put this on and it was in the background and it would just be so great to like hear what everybody's going through and just kind of be going through it together. And I think you're doing a fucking awesome thing. I honestly, of course GEK, Like, dude, it's every time my boss makes fun of me. Every time your I groom dogs. So sometimes when I'm grooming a dog, I'll put your podcasts on and I'll listen and so like what are you doing? And I'm like, oh, you know, just listen to therapy got go. Like she's like, dude, you're always looking at that shit, Like yeah, because it's fucking good. My other thing, honestly, is kind of just from what you've been hearing a lot because it's the new year, is like I want to start going to the gym and like I'm trying to eat healthier. My biggest thing is I've been trying to quit maping, and that is like a bit and a half, but I think we're we're working through it. Honestly, It's it could be worse. It could be worse. I'm alive, I'm here. I feel like that's something that a lot of people are struggling with recently. I feel like so many people I know, like it went from being nobody smokes now everybody either likes smokes weed, which I love because like, I fucking love weeds or or they evade, and I feel like I need to pick one of the two. I feel like my lungs can't do both, so I'm gonna stick with weeds. I'm gonna stick with weed.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for whatever, I don't I'm not one to well. I like for my I get. I don't know if I would call them New Year's resolutions, but just my like resolutions. I'm noticing that. Uh, I like you, I think to actually do any of this shit, you have to like love the process of it, you know what I mean, Like like like when I'm trying to lose weight and shit, like I I genuinely like when I go to the gym, or I go on long walks or I do my fast I don't go. I don't go, like, oh I have to faster or I have to go to the gym and it sucks, and like I don't view it as a chore, like I like it. I like being a because it used to be that I would just like I had know what, like I had no control over my eating and over food. And I was reading some journals I wrote, like a couple of years ago about how just like I can't get it under control, and like I'm genuinely enjoying the process of like fucking like writing, like like writing down what I'm eating, and like fasting and like going by. I'm enjoying the process of losing weight. I don't want to do this as a sprint. That's kind of how I used to do it. I would do like keto or I would do like really really really, you know, restrictive shit, just try to get it all over with. And now I'm this This year specifically, I think is the first year where I've been trying to just take it very slow and kind of try to make it more of like a lifestyle change and less of a crash. And we'll see how it goes. But I'm feeling pretty damn good about it.
Speaker 4: I feel that I feel like I just turned twenty four. I feel like my prefrontal cortex is getting to that point where it's like almost there. And I will say, I mean, I've come a long way. When I was dating that that little turn knocker, previously, I was like heavily into drugs. I was a complete fucking mess. Like my life was just like candy flipping and like ketamine every day. And I've i mean, I will say the best thing I ever did was get a dog and get my shit together, like that was, and I will say it's so much fun now, Like I I've been trying to like eat healthier and like do the thing, and I will say, like the meal prepping has been fun, and like I think the way you just put it, like looking at it less as like I have to get it all done today, Like just taking it day by day is like the best thing that you can do. You should look into getting a dog, dude.
Speaker 1: Oh no, I don't want to get a dog. I have a I have a stuffed dog that is pretty good. The job of it does the job of a normal dog.
Speaker 4: I get it. Listen there, I tell everybody, I'm like, you should get a dog. But at the same time, I'm like, listen, it's a lot, like it's the true labor of love.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have. I mean, I have a dead plant in my apartment right now, and I'm I'm and I'm glad that that. I'm glad it's a plant and not a dead dog.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's fair.
Speaker 1: Frank. Is there anything else, Oh, Frank, is there anything else you want to say to the people of the computer before we go.
Speaker 4: No, I just I hope they have a wonderful night. I'm so glad I got to talk to you. This was fucking awesome. I wish I had like something better planned, but honestly, I really think that this is what I needed.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Frank. I have a good rest of the day. God bless America. And I'll talk to you in another I'll talk I'll talk to you.
Speaker 4: In another lifetime, in another lifetime, Baybey, have a good one.
Speaker 3: Jack.
Speaker 4: It's a great chat with you. I appreciate it. Man.
Speaker 1: Bye, Frank, ye bye. Hello.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, this is insane. I'm sorry. I was the one who said you looked Asian.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, we like it? Uh like in the chat?
Speaker 5: Yeah, in the chat. I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: What's your name?
Speaker 5: My name is Bev.
Speaker 1: Bev. What's like Bevery? Yeah? No, like Beverly, well, Beverly. What's up? How can I how can I help you today? What's going on? What's going on in your life that you want to talk about?
Speaker 5: Not much, I'm just kind of chilling. I took a walk earlier. I lived by the docs, so it's quite scenic.
Speaker 1: Mm hmm. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Also, I saw a show in London and.
Speaker 1: It was great London. Oh man, that was I gotta say that that show in London was one of my favorites I ever did at that at the Clapping Brand. Yes, that was one of the that was one of the one of the one of the nights of my life. Let me tell you that was a good time.
Speaker 2: Oh cool.
Speaker 5: I mean I couldn't be bothered to like line up to meet you afterwards.
Speaker 1: No, it's okay, Well, so here's what happened. Let me here's what happened. Is me and my buddy David. We were doing the Europe tour and I did a show in Amsterdam, a show in Berlin, and a show in Manchester and all of the you know, all of my shows, you know, people line up, I meet everyone after the show and everyone comes up to me and and you know, they're they're happy and they're satisfied, and uh. But sometimes I'll do a show and I'm just like, I didn't feel like I did a great job, And like three shows in a row, I got off stage being like, ah fuck, I feel like I fucked that one up. But I'm not satisfied with it. I feel like, you know, I could have been a better host I could have, you know, had more energy with it. And it was like three shows in a row of that, and I got off stage at all those at three of those shows and I and I said to David, I was like, fuck, man, I'm like, I don't know if I can keep doing this, Like I'm just not performing to the degree that I like, to the level that I want to. And then that show in London, I felt so good about it. I got off stage and I just gave David a big hug and I was like, dude, fucking finally, fucking you know, we we did one that I felt really happy with. So that was that was a great moment. That felt really good.
Speaker 5: Do you think the crowd helped as well, because I think I always think that London's quite a vibe.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the crowd was great. The crowd was great. The crowd was great. I had I had an awesome time. I had an awesome, awesome time. And London's a great city. What do you guys got You got fish and chips?
Speaker 5: Yeah, actually there's actually like a Chinese guy who makes fish and chips down the road for me, and it's like the best fish and chips I've ever tasted, so, I mean, that's not really British. But yeah, London's cool. I guess. Talking about like traveling, I do kind of want to travel to the US, but like it seems a bit crazy over.
Speaker 1: There, crazy sense, I don't know.
Speaker 5: There's always stuff happening, people getting shot.
Speaker 1: You're not gonna I don't think you're gonna get actually okay, well hold on, well you're not gonna get shot if you come to the US. Here's the thing I will say, of all the places I have been, I probably the most day dangerous is probably New York and Los Angeles of any of the places that I have been. So I guess that's true. But no, you're not gonna get like shot if you come to the US.
Speaker 5: I mean, but just in general, stuff happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, stuff happens. Stuff happens everywhere. Like what stuff are you talking about?
Speaker 5: I don't know what seems more dangerous that like people getting roads, people getting like harassed on the train. To see that lady who got burned on.
Speaker 1: The train was a lady that did happen. There was a lady who got there. That is undeniable. Yeah, so many things Trump is sure there's Trump, but like he's not gonna like, he's not gonna get you. You know, you're not gonna be like walking down the street and he shows up and he like grabs you. You know, he's not. He's in some other room. He's in he's in some room somewhere doing something and talking to someone and it and you know he's not he's not. He's sure, he's like in all of our lives, but he's not directly. He's not sitting in the chair across from you, like okay, yeah, he's not like behind he's you're gonna open a door and he punches you in the face, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, cool, thank you for you're asshowing me right.
Speaker 1: Well, so what else? What do you want to do if you come here? Where do you want to go?
Speaker 5: I want to eat so much food, Like I just want to eat what you guys eat, which is like really fatty shitty stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: The one thing if I were going to America and I'd never been before, the one thing that we have here that they really truly truly do not have anywhere else is Chick fil A. Because you guys have McDonald's they have like five guys, I think even in Europe, but there's no check. There's no Chick fil As in Europe.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I really want to try Chick fil A and in and out in and it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: Inn it's pretty good. Five guys is better though, but Chick fil A will will blow your tits off.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, okay, beverage, do you know what? I hate that you made that joke because I just hate that joke.
Speaker 1: The thing, the beverage thing. Yeah, I mean whatever.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you just say sorry, yeah, I sorry, I was just reading the chat.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I want to eat a lot of food in America. I want to go to the grocery store and see what it's like. I want to go to Costco and see what it's like. I want to like go on a hike and go skiing and go to the beach, all in the same country. Like that's lit. Yeah, yeah, But for now I'm stuck in London. Well a bit.
Speaker 1: What do you do in London? What's going on over there?
Speaker 5: I work for a large supermarket in their office, which is nice. I work as part of the buying team, which is not very interesting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cool, very nice, very good. Well come to America and you know, see for yourself. If I tell you what, if you come to America and you do get shot and killed, I will give you whatever money you spent back to have this phone call. That's my money back guarantee.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, you know I'm probably running up the bit yo and Ayway's two things. Have you ever watched Broad City?
Speaker 1: Uh? Yeah, I know, I know, brad City, Okay.
Speaker 5: Yes, So when I imagine it going to New York, I like to think of broad City because I'm a stoner and I'm a girl. I mean I'm not Jewish, all white, but I'm black. But yeah, I always imagine New York to be like that, just going on an adventure pretty much every day and smoking loads of weeds. Also, have you watched Lost?
Speaker 1: I have not watched Lost?
Speaker 5: Okay, well, you look like a character and Lost called Hurley.
Speaker 1: Oh god, I've always thought that. Wait, hold on, I'm gonna hate. I'm gonna look this up and I know I'm gonna.
Speaker 2: No, just the face, just.
Speaker 5: The face, just.
Speaker 1: Lost, Oh god, damn it? All right?
Speaker 5: No, well, I mean Harley's cute.
Speaker 1: No, No, yeah, I get you, I get you. I get it, like.
Speaker 5: And even the way he speaks, like, guys, do agree like the way he speaks you just it's very similar. I'm not I'm not trying.
Speaker 1: I get it. It's my look, it's my fault. Look, it's not your fault that I definitely look like this guy. It's it's not You're not the I have habits in my life and routines that have that I have enforced consciously and subconsciously that are the reason that that I look like this guy. So it's not your fault. I don't blame you, okay.
Speaker 5: But also you don't look like him weight or body wise. I just mean also the way you guys, you guys sound alike.
Speaker 1: Well, listen, Bev, you should come to America, eat some Chick fil A, and then we can both look like Harley from Lost.
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 1: Is there anything else? Who I say to the people of the computer before.
Speaker 5: We go, Peace and love to everyone, Be nice, be kind and happy.
Speaker 1: Yea God, bless see you later, BEV, get bless Hello, folks, it's Lyle here. That's the end of this episode. But get this, I'm releasing a bonus episode this week. That's right, an entire extra hour of the podcast. That you can listen to by becoming a Premium member of Therapy Gecko over at therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. Supercast subscribers get access to bonus episodes, They get a completely ad free podcast feed of the regular show, they get recordings from my live shows, members only streams, and they help support my ability to continue doing this podcast. So here's a clip from this week's members only bonus episode.
Speaker 4: I feel kind of trapped.
Speaker 2: It's like I'm not really where I want to be.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, you never will be. You'll probably be a little bit depressed and unhappy forever.
Speaker 4: My ex's dad is hard, probably a cannibal.
Speaker 1: Your ex's dad is a cannibal.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you know what.
Speaker 1: Yes, I will take this journey with you. I will take this journey with you. Felix, Please please please please take us on this journey together through through whatever this story is gonna be. Can you hook me up with a tour of Universal Studios.
Speaker 3: It's not Universal Studios.
Speaker 1: I want to see how they Yeah, I don't think. Don't call back unless if you can hook me up with a tour at Universal Studios. If you want to hear this full conversation, you can sign up to become a Premium member at Therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com, or find the link in the episode description. That's therapy Gecko dot supercast dot com. All right, I have nothing else to say. The repet goes on the line, taking your phone calls every night. Themp can goes to his ride.
Speaker 4: He's teaching you how to live your life, but he's not really an expert.