Speaker 1: You are listening to The Dan Patrick Show on Fox Sports Radio.
Speaker 2: It's our one on this Wednesday, Wednesday, Wednesday Wednesday, Dan and the Dan Nets Dan Patrick Show come on in Stay awhile Operator Tyler is sitting by each seven to seven to three d P Show email address Dpatdanpatrick dot com, Twitter handle at dpshow. Mike Cheriko will join us from the Open Championship. He'll join us coming up here in a little bit. The Open Championship starts tomorrow Royal Liverpool. We'll make our picks, which I know you're waiting for, our expert analysis on who's going to win the Open Championship. Stat of the Day is always brought to you by Panadi America, the official trading cards of the Dan Patrick Show. This first hour brought to you by the great folks. A's Simply Safe Home Security. What's up Holmes twenty four to seven Live Guard Protection is there to help agents can actually speak to and deter the person who broke into your home through the camera right now, get twenty percent off any Simply Safe system at simplysafdan dot com.
Speaker 3: Or you're in my house, would you leave please? Huh? Is that what you did?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's what they do.
Speaker 3: Excuse me, I know you're in my house right now. Can you please lease?
Speaker 1: There's no safe like simply safe.
Speaker 2: I think I need to get it for the band cave because sometimes the backroom guys are in here drinking beers. They're playing golf on the simulator, they're doing body shots off each other, basketball, they do a lot of things here. So maybe I could say that to Mario rob picture Deray.
Speaker 1: Would your plays leave the premises place? Would put down the beer?
Speaker 3: Yes?
Speaker 4: Well, so you need internal security now people breaking into the building. No, No, people staying in a building to do long.
Speaker 3: Yeah, trying to get people to leave security? Yes, you know what.
Speaker 2: But when I built the Maan Cave, I thought, and this was my idea when I worked at ESPN, because I went to them many many many years ago, and I said, well, how about you do things where people will go to ESPN early and stay later. And there was a Golds gym next door, and I said, why not buy the Golds gym and make it part of the ESPN campus. I said, how about full court basketball? How about a putting green. These are all things that they eventually implemented, but years and years ago, I went to management and I said it would be great because then people would get here early and then they would stay later. And then that's what I wanted with the band Cave.
Speaker 3: You're the guy to blame for that culture shift.
Speaker 5: Yes, employment where you're never allowed to leave your Yes, place of business.
Speaker 4: Allowed to Yes.
Speaker 2: Well, we used to have a vending machine that was the cafeteria.
Speaker 5: Oh look look, work life balance. I mean, we need you guys to get time at home. Okay, So that's why we put in daycare here. We put in the gym, we put in an accountant's office, we put it we want you to go home. Okay, work life balance. I didn't have any work life balance. That was work and that was my life. But I thought, while I was there, could you put in some fun things here?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 2: How about putting green? How about basketball court? And then when I built the man Cave, I thought, okay, can I put in some things that people will come in early or stay later or both? And I think we've accomplished that. You got pinball, I got a bar in here, I got basketball court. We got a gym where you can pump some iron if you want to. You can grill if you want to. You can just lounge around if you want to. You can sleep here if you want to. We have all the accommodations. It's it's probably a four star. It's a five star man cave. It's a four star getaway.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you got laundry and back. If you need to do a quick load of laundry. Sure, if you had like an oil changing place, this would be perfect. Bring your cars in for a little rotation.
Speaker 2: Well that's that's my Christmas gift to you guys. Oil changing. Yes, great, Yeah, can I get a lift out there? Put your car up there rotting? Yeah, I'm going to do that thanks to tyre rack dot com. All righty poll question today? What are we going to go?
Speaker 1: Seat? Don't counter?
Speaker 5: This one's based off of the Jets Dan because they're apparently changing the whole Hard Knocks formula. They start today, they show up today. Now when do the cameras show up for Hard Knocks? And can the voice of God the voiceover guy Liev Schreiver, can he do that? As an actor?
Speaker 2: And he's in the Screen Actors Guild, so can he voice over Hard Knocks?
Speaker 1: I don't know if he can.
Speaker 2: I mean I guess he can, but he is part of the Screen Actors Guild, and.
Speaker 4: He'd be reading a script. Yes, scripted. That doesn't sound like he could or he could, but he shouldn't and won't.
Speaker 2: Could we get a hold of somebody at Hard Knocks to ask them, yeah, that because they might have to go get somebody who's not in the Screen Actors Guild.
Speaker 4: Is there anyone you know who has a great voice who knows football?
Speaker 1: Well, I'm in the Screen Actors Guild, Paul, Oh, I'm an actor.
Speaker 4: You're not crossing the line.
Speaker 1: No, I would not do that.
Speaker 2: No, no, And this isn't scripted. So when people say, well, you're part of the Screen Actors Guild, I go, yeah, but this isn't a scripted show.
Speaker 1: It's a radio show.
Speaker 3: I don't think we're bound by any of the things they're No, we're not protesting.
Speaker 2: But people don't know that. They're like, you know, who can cross the picket line? Or is that crossing the picket line? And I thought about this with Leev Schreiver. He's the voiceover guy, but he's also an actor.
Speaker 4: So Hard Knocks would need a sub for the month, someone who is not an actor, but has a noticeable voice. Yes, that's a tough pull.
Speaker 1: Oh, there's a lot of guys you could get have a good voice.
Speaker 4: I'm seeing like someone known ish that would be like, oh look who's doing.
Speaker 1: Hard I don't even think people know that Leev Schreiver. Who he is?
Speaker 2: That that that's the same guy who is in uh what's the uh?
Speaker 1: What's the show?
Speaker 4: A Ray Donovan?
Speaker 1: Yes, Ray Donovan? Uh. And we had him in the in studio in La.
Speaker 2: Nice guy, kind of a kind of a Liam Neeson kind of guy, just like he they should be in a Buddy movie. And he taught Paulie how to punch somebody or take a punch in a movie.
Speaker 4: It's pretty cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But he's got a great voice. Although when I hear him, I don't hear the same voice when I hear hard knocks.
Speaker 4: I'm really glad you said that, because the first time I saw his name on the thing is like, it doesn't sound like him. No, does he have an effect?
Speaker 2: I have no idea, But when you're speaking to him, I don't hear the same voice when I hear hard knocks. And I don't know what happens that magic when he sits down to voice this. But my voice sounds here as it would if I was recording something, but his doesn't. There's a different texture to it. It's great, but I wonder if he's going to be able to voice that. All righty, So that's the pole question has to do with the jets.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, we haven't gotten to the playlist.
Speaker 1: Oh okay.
Speaker 5: Showing players getting cut on Hard Knocks is cruel or entertaining. They seem to be pushing back on that sort of storyline, which really is at least thirty percent of why Hard Knocks is so great, as who makes the team and who doesn't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because when you think of other shows, if you tune into The Bachelor and I said, you know what, we're not going to do the rose ceremony on TV. It's just too mean to them. We're not going to do that. Well, that's that's the main thing of the show. Or if Donald Trump was saying you're fired, Oh, we're not going.
Speaker 1: To do that.
Speaker 2: We don't want to embarrass anybody. Well that's what Hard Knocks is. Hard Knocks is about you getting cut that we buy into your story. It's the same, it's formulaic, it's this is what It is not the big names. It's usually somebody that you don't know, you get invested in, you care about, and that all of a sudden they get called into the office.
Speaker 5: Yeah, undrafted, went to a small school. Or the wife just is pregnant. They just found out the wife's pregnant. Oh gott he fumbled in the last preseason games. Never that's the whole part of it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I wonder if.
Speaker 2: There's also scenarios where the coach will go, hey, uh you know, uh, sorry to do this. We're gonna bring you back on the practice squad or you get this. Hey, if there's anything I can do for you, Yeah, how about not cut me?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, anything I can do you let me know. I mean it's awkward for the coach as well.
Speaker 7: All write your recommendation to the Lions. Maybe they want to get them.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, Robert Sala probably doesn't want to be cutting somebody on TV.
Speaker 3: But that's part of the show.
Speaker 2: You lure us in and then we invest in these players or player and then you want to see what happened.
Speaker 3: It's the same thing with all of these shows.
Speaker 2: When you're watching The Bachelor, Oh gosh, I like his backstory, or her backstory.
Speaker 1: Oh she gonna get.
Speaker 2: A rose, she didn't get a rose, and then we follow her to the limo as she's crying.
Speaker 4: That's the show TV.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like do we tune in for that? Or do we tune in for Oh and they lived happily ever after?
Speaker 3: No, well that's what their locker room looks like. Oh that's fun, nice facility.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's what Robert Salace should do. He should hand out roses. And if you get a rose, then you make the team.
Speaker 5: But if your Hard Knocks you have to be like, Okay, we'll do less cutting people and more Aaron Rodgers. Yeah that deal, that's not gonna happen. How that deal with I'm sure Aaron will love that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, Aeron, good news, they're not going to show anybody getting cut. The bad news is you're the featured guy. They're going to talk to you all the time. Hope you're available and they want to go home with you and they're talking Iahuaska, Yes.
Speaker 4: I got to email into a guy at Hard Knocks. But according to Adam Scheffer, the team won't let NFL films inside the rooms. When Robert sala and general manager Joe Douglas are cutting the players. They don't believe it's humane. I don't know if they have the power to just.
Speaker 2: Compute humane and they're putting down a dog. It's it's I mean, these are grown ups. This is a job, and this is part of that job. If you guys are you're gonna get picked up though. Okay, hey, hey, don't worry. This isn't the end for you. Okay, this isn't the end.
Speaker 3: They always tell all that. They're like, hey, look, you're a great player.
Speaker 5: I wish we could keep you. I wish we could keep you a great player. Okay, this isn't the end for you.
Speaker 4: So supposedly the teams a Hard Knocks get a bit of a peek at it before the final edit goes out. But if you ran Hard Knocks, would you say to this this is a no go. And you know the NFL, the league will probably back you on this one because the league starts the pot.
Speaker 2: I wondered if Hard Knocks gets more interesting if the Jets view Hard Knocks as an opponent and they don't want to cooperate. So now it's up to Hard Knocks to find ways to almost surreptitiously you know, clan in a clandestine way, like sneaking in, and then you'll get a real sense of what is going on. Not hey guys, disavowting knowledge of the cameras here, let's act normal, act natural, okay, coach, we will yes, Mark.
Speaker 8: So when they cut a player, is it just going to be like at the end of The Boys in the Hood where dough Boy walks off and he just says, two weeks later he was killed.
Speaker 3: He fades away, dissolves.
Speaker 4: Middle linebacker John Smith.
Speaker 1: God, all right, pill boy, dope boy referenced me. That's a great dope boy.
Speaker 2: So you're not gonna be able to call it hard knocks. It'll be like semi hard knocks, or maybe next time gentle knocks coming up.
Speaker 3: Maybe next time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yes, well, you know they could twist us if hard Knock says, okay, we can't get a camera in the room. Can we get a camera in the hallway? And when the player leaves, you get the reveal and he goes thumbs up, thumbs down, what happened? Were you cutting there? Were you told that you made the roster? So there's a way to adjust with that. If they don't let him in the room for the cutting to beheading.
Speaker 2: Well, you have hies and lows that that's why you know, we invest in the show because we think we're seeing something that we normally don't get a chance to. Somebody makes the team, somebody does it make the team. You got compelling stories there. But I'm curious to see what HBO Hard Knocks is going to have access to, what the Jets allow them to have and is there some kind of happy medium here? Hey, can we just see one guy get cut? We'd have to see five? How about one? How about a guy that maybe we don't like?
Speaker 1: Yes? Or yeah?
Speaker 5: Maybe this is a good thing though for Hard Knocks, because if we're being truthful, it was getting a little formulaic. Yeah, it was getting a little like not as interesting as it was a few years back.
Speaker 3: Right, it was kind of the same thing. It was just different teams.
Speaker 4: It's the local restaurant that never changes the menu to core or look and you love it, but you also love it just because of the tradition of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, now it's going to force them to maybe reinvent a little bit. But the Bachelor or the Bachelorette is formulaic. It's this same thing, man, I don't watch that show Survivor sort of the same thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but they always throw in.
Speaker 5: A little like so those are game shows, yeah anyway, right, but they always throw in little wrinkles where it'll be like Survivor couples or Survivor like you know what I mean, or they change the terrain all of the time, or something like that. Right, they throw in those little games that they do.
Speaker 1: Did you see where there's a grandfather bachelor.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, he's like seventy five or something.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, what do you mean he's gonna be the Bachelor. Yeah, he's seventy there.
Speaker 3: Doing like Golden Bachelor or something like that. It's called.
Speaker 1: But I don't know how old the women have to be to qualify.
Speaker 3: It's a handsome fella, yeah, is rugged.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, he's like he's from Indiana. He's got like corn fed good looks and piercing blue eyes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, a tan.
Speaker 1: But he's seven, yeah, very very ten, a man, very ten, very ten. But I think he's seventy five.
Speaker 4: Stead of giving my roses, he gives away pills like for nothing, Monday, Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Wednesday, aggregate blue pill.
Speaker 8: Yes, Marv, he's definitely got a bathroom.
Speaker 5: This says daddy, oh or granddaddy, granddaddy, who's your granddaddy?
Speaker 4: Okay, solved a lot.
Speaker 5: Yeah, seventy one. Jerry Turner, he's seventy one. Yeah, okay, he could be forty five. Yeah he looks good.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's his hair is colored, got a deep tan and uh he's But do they say how old the women are?
Speaker 1: I mean, they're not gonna be like twenty five.
Speaker 5: I don't know that that would fly a network, Probably not, probably not.
Speaker 4: This guy's how old?
Speaker 1: Seventy one?
Speaker 4: He's going to kill myself.
Speaker 5: Yeah, probably drank a lot of water. Yeah, he drank a lot of water. I'm gonna guess he's always hydrided. I bet he moisturized. Oh from a young age.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 1: Manny Petties, yea absolutely.
Speaker 3: Previously married, two daughters, two granddaughters.
Speaker 4: This guy has trouble meeting women. I mean, how is that possible?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what I knew somebody who was on there who had a relationship but wanted the exposure and went on a show, but gave the presentation that he was looking for love and he had already had love and his girlfriend signed off on it because he wanted to be an actor.
Speaker 5: Jerry is a hopeless romantic looking for someone to share the sunset years of life.
Speaker 4: Sunset, I think that means death.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't want sunset at seventy one. I want sunrise. He looks like he's thirty eight.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you. The flaw of the show, though, is the Jesse Palmer. He's a great host, good guy. We all love Jesse. But when he walks on the room, Yeah, he's better looking than the bachelor.
Speaker 3: Yeah he said that.
Speaker 5: Jerry said he's looking for someone high energy. I'd love it if I found a partner who is high energy. Someone who is high energy, say someone who plays pickle, maybe someone who coughs.
Speaker 2: I want an animal in bed, That's what I want, said Jerry.
Speaker 3: Jerry, you dog.
Speaker 1: I'm looking for Nicole kit Bad.
Speaker 3: What a dog?
Speaker 1: Seventy one?
Speaker 4: Okay, that's got good hair.
Speaker 1: Are they going to do like nursing home Bachelor Bachelorette? Well?
Speaker 7: Yes, to be successful, they may go even older. And then you have the guy.
Speaker 9: Dear, can you please help me into the jacuzzi in this sweet thank you?
Speaker 7: See where we go from here? My teeth with my teeth.
Speaker 4: How do you get there?
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 4: I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I just start knocks. Oh yeah, that's right, that's right.
Speaker 5: Every time we mentioned something about hard knocks, you brought it back to the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: For some reason. No, no, no, I was talking about the Rose.
Speaker 3: Well, yes, just like The Bachelor.
Speaker 2: Yeah it is, even though I haven't seen the show. I think I saw the first season. No, remember the awkward moment that we had.
Speaker 3: And where was that restaurant?
Speaker 5: Remember the dude? Didn't we meet one of the Bachelor's at a restaurant and the aqua Grill? The Aqua Grill? Yeah, in New York City. Oh man, I missed that place and I got in trouble.
Speaker 4: Oh did he yes, the guy from Iowa Souls.
Speaker 2: Yes, yes, yes, good call. Good poll bloop bloop bloop. We were there having dinner and we were running late here. I got to take a break here. But but McLevin, who watched The Bachelor, he was like, oh my god, oh.
Speaker 4: My god, you're not exaggerating.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, he was as excited as it was like Kobe Bryant and just walked into the restaurant.
Speaker 2: But Kobe wouldn't have been as important as the Bachelor was. Eric, He's like, oh my god, my god, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta, I gotta text my wife. Let's take a break here. We're just getting started back after this. King Sawaiian Slider Sunday. Actually I'm opting for a slider Friday. But you know, in staying in conjunction with our partnership, I'll buy into slider Sunday. Sometimes I can't wait that long. Here is the tribute to the big German. So King Sawaiian has a slider that is dedicated to the big German. Here, Eric Jones, who works on the program Beer Braised Broughtworth Sliders. So brat's who doesn't love a brought braising? What's braising, Paulie? How do you braise?
Speaker 4: Oh we'll go over later.
Speaker 2: Okay, there's mustard, there's bell peppers, there's cheese, sauce, onions, and that's it. And then you put that on the sweet and salty King Sawaiian Pretzel Slider Bunny.
Speaker 1: You're good to go. King Sawaiian wants you to make every Sunday a slider Sunday.
Speaker 3: And if you.
Speaker 2: Need some recipe inspiration, you can find it at Kingshawaiian dot com. Pre Slice Slider Buns the perfectly sweet and salty print soul buns. Oh they should be illegal Sunday Slider Sunday King Sawaiian Enjoy. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern six to nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Paul, Yeah, very very popular band I think the mid eighties. Their lead singer Ian Curtis yeh. Unfortunately committed suicide right before they're going on on American.
Speaker 3: Tour, but very very popular.
Speaker 4: This song is kind of legendary for them. That's their big hit. But they were on the cusp of greatness.
Speaker 3: They're like the band that's your favorite band's favorite band, Okay, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like they they're one of those bands that launched a thousand bands kind of thing.
Speaker 4: Okay, Like like if you like the pesche Mode and the Cure that Elk, you probably liked Joy Division, great band.
Speaker 2: Hmm.
Speaker 4: Okay, Ian Curtis level tears apart.
Speaker 8: Yes, are They a band that was just on the cusp, like you know what I feel like Sublime. I don't know if they're in that same realm, but I heard about Sublime ten years after the lead singer died. Is it one of those like you got to hear this band?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Sublime? That was the worst man.
Speaker 5: They were just they had just I think recorded that album that blew up and was huge, and just before it came out, the lead singer died.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Unfortunately.
Speaker 4: What was that band?
Speaker 6: Uh?
Speaker 4: The song is No Rain?
Speaker 1: Their leads singer blind Blind Melon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, their lead singer check Me Fromond. I think his name was Shannon Hoon. Yeah, he passed away right when they got big.
Speaker 1: Anybody got any good news?
Speaker 3: Lottery stuff is going well?
Speaker 1: Does everybody? Okay? I gotta get my Are we taking ten dollars each?
Speaker 5: So far as ten dollars each? Yeah, we're accepting cash venmosh.
Speaker 3: Is it whatever?
Speaker 1: Is it a billion?
Speaker 6: Now?
Speaker 1: It is?
Speaker 3: It is a billion dollars. It might go up before then.
Speaker 2: But don't they have the billboards where they don't have room for one. They never thought it would get to a billion dollars. So it's just nine nine nine nine nine nine nine.
Speaker 5: If it's not, if it's not a digital one and it's still like an old school one, it only has room for three numbers, and so like right now, I pass one every day on my way to work and it just says nine nine nine.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you estimated a billion and growing cash value five hundred and sixteen point eight million.
Speaker 2: Okay, So that's what I would get if I don't want to wait for the long haul.
Speaker 4: I think it's if you that would be. It'd be taxed to the point where you get five hundred and sixteen million, And if you want to do the spread out thing, you get the five hundred and sixteen. If you want to do the lump sum, it's gonna be quite a bit less.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Yeah, if you do the lump sum, you get five sixteen and then taxes are taken out, so you actually get closer to like three something. But if the twelve of us win, that's that's a solid like twenty five million apiece.
Speaker 3: I could do that.
Speaker 2: Well, but we're all going to continue to work, sure, Okay, for as long as I work?
Speaker 1: Yes, Mark, but how long are you going to work? Four more years?
Speaker 3: He's like a president.
Speaker 2: You just keep getting now, I'm like the Supreme Court. I'm just gonna stay, stay here forever. Clarence Thomas, I'm just getting gifts man. Whatever you got what I could use?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 5: I accept then moo too, Larrence. Clarence, Clarence gets a cowboy ring.
Speaker 2: I think Wayne Heisinga when he owned the Dolphins, brought Clarence Thomas into a Dolphins practice, flew him in.
Speaker 1: All above board.
Speaker 5: Of course, people asking if barryon Santa Fe is the Golden Bachelor, but I cannot.
Speaker 3: Confirm that he's doing that.
Speaker 5: Do we want to Maybe we should do our own series of Barryon Santa Fe, our own Bachelor series with him.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I'd be afraid what I'd find out. You don't want a green wow?
Speaker 1: No, No, I don't want to find out.
Speaker 2: There's certain things you just don't need to ask another question about.
Speaker 9: Yes, tud, but he'd be tough to work with because he does things when he wants.
Speaker 7: The producer and directors will not enjoy that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, pum you think scenes ono something.
Speaker 4: What if you did an offshoot of the Bacheler where you find a guy who does not want to get married and you bring him just like this hot and twenty eight year old doctor. She's like super successful, has her head on straight, and you're like, how do you pass on? That? Like an opposite of the Bachelor.
Speaker 1: So we want you to truly fall in love. You don't want to fall in love.
Speaker 4: We love love.
Speaker 1: I do love love.
Speaker 8: Yes, MARVH. Going back to that four more years. I didn't believe you, not one bit because in four more years you'll be like, guys, just four more years.
Speaker 3: And that's it.
Speaker 2: That's no, okay, here here is the breaking news. This will be so four more.
Speaker 5: Years in December, that's how long I'm going to do this for years, So four four and a half years I'm going to do this. So it's basically to the end of what twenty twenty seven, Yeah, for twenty.
Speaker 2: Twenty eight, twenty twenty seven, I think would be four and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: By January of twenty twenty eight, you will be I will be on the Golden Bachelor. Yeah yeah, yeah, oh yes.
Speaker 7: You're really really enjoying it and want to continue.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, no, no, no, that's it. That's all I'm doing. That'll be, that'll that'll be. That's when the microphone gets turned off for the final time, hanging up your hair. Yeah, I'm going to take my hair piece and I'm gonna gonna give it to Fritzy.
Speaker 7: Taking my hair piece to I will gladly accept.
Speaker 5: That I'm going to be a fishing guide in Montana. Yeah, dude, that doesn't sound bad at all.
Speaker 2: Sign me up, right, except for the winter part of the fishing guide in Montana.
Speaker 3: Man, that sounds great.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's good for it feels like four months would be a lot of fun. But then winter sets in usually in about September.
Speaker 5: Well, then you can go be a like Costa Rican fishing fishing guide there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go, you know it.
Speaker 5: Go.
Speaker 1: What if I have a problem taking fish off the hook?
Speaker 4: You know you're an assistant.
Speaker 2: There's yeah, you know, i'd have to wear glove. There's certain fish where you look at it and you go, now, like a catfish, they creep me out. But you know I'm there to find the fish then, not take them money.
Speaker 5: No, you have to take them off the hook, you do, all right? Get a couple of phone calls, worms on there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, I'm okay with a worm, but it just sometimes you get those fish and even that large trout that I caught. It was like the guy goes, hold it up, We're gonna get a picture, and I'm.
Speaker 3: Like, oh god, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Got my fingers all over slimmy little guy. Ry in Nevada, Good morning, Larry. What's on your mind today?
Speaker 6: Hey? Dan, I wanted to the audition for the voice of the Hard Knock.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, and my audition voice is i'l CoA Presents. All right, Okay, Well thanks Larry.
Speaker 2: We're gonna you know, all right, we'll let you know, we'll get back to yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh alright, Larry al CoA Presents.
Speaker 2: If lev Shreiver can't do it because he's a member of the Screen Actors Guild with the writer's strike the actor actor's strength, then they're gonna have to find somebody here. Pete and Richmond, Hi, Pete.
Speaker 10: Good morning, gentlemen. Six foot four a follically challenged to seventy five? Uh, real quick on the Hard Nots. Don't they send an act to tell them the coach us to see you and bring your playbook? Isn't that normally the kiss of death? And Dann, before I hang up, I'm going to hit you with it, right, just like they told shoeless Joe say it ain't so, Dan, say it ain't so. We need we need eight more years.
Speaker 2: No no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. It's a young man's game. Like I'm the oldest guy doing this and I enjoyed doing it. But by the end of twenty twenty seven, that'll be it.
Speaker 3: That'll be it.
Speaker 1: Do you have my word? So plan accordingly?
Speaker 2: You have four and a half years to get ready for that moment. Okay, Todd, are you gonna be okay?
Speaker 7: Well, I'm little depressed.
Speaker 3: See I knew that.
Speaker 7: I don't like this.
Speaker 3: I knew that this Like.
Speaker 9: When we talk about death, I don't like, Okay, talk about but I'm not dying, you know, but those are the I just don't like.
Speaker 1: You're not dying.
Speaker 7: You talk about pole bearers and is dying Todd.
Speaker 1: When you get to a certain age, you're gonna start thinking about these things.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but you're still sprightly, and there are people that can't function at certain ages and they have to just stop.
Speaker 2: Okay, but that'll be it. That's as far as I'm gonna go. But I don't want you to I don't want.
Speaker 7: You to be I just don't like the things I've done.
Speaker 1: You're you're gonna be just grinding over this now.
Speaker 9: I would prefer you say, and then at December twenty twenty seven, we'll see if I'm having a great time and we should live and be wet.
Speaker 2: Sure I'm going to have a good time, but it'll be time. Yeah.
Speaker 3: See, can I just sort of counterbalance time thing?
Speaker 5: I appreciate the definitives, Okay, date good, They're like, no, this is not just going on and perpetuity is I don't want this is the time?
Speaker 2: Yes, I appreciate that. So just give me your best effort for the next four and a half.
Speaker 5: Oh, I don't know, four years to figure out what the hell I'm gonna do with myself here.
Speaker 2: Yes, you guys now have time to figure out what you're gonna do with the rest of your life. And you know who I am the most most worried about, Mark God, No, not Marvin. Marvin's a survivors kind of a joking.
Speaker 1: No, Todd.
Speaker 7: I like my routines that change.
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but I do worry about you.
Speaker 8: Yes, Mark, we go to a job interview, So you were a Danette? Tell us about that?
Speaker 5: What is a dan at and then they're gonna look at you go, uh that's a female.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, Reggie Miller called us Dan. You guys realize that has.
Speaker 3: Like a feminine conversation, right, Yeah, dude.
Speaker 2: Back to when we were in New York City and we saw the Bachelor at a restaurant and it was the guy from Iowa and I think he got into it like a car accident.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he got a bad accident. And I think he did two years in the pendent. Yeah, different kind of bachelor showing that. Yeah.
Speaker 7: Different.
Speaker 4: You're not getting roses, you might and you don't get to choose who you're one on one date is with.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't those got thorns in him? Yeah, I don't want that.
Speaker 2: Although the show, there's a yeah, there's a possible show out there. Bachelor, Yeah, could have men and women, Bachelorette behind bars. There's a market there is there is Orange is the New Black? You could just make that, uh you know Bachelette behind bars.
Speaker 1: Talk about right now? No or not? I can't do that.
Speaker 3: Okay, damn, this is goofy.
Speaker 4: You get shanked.
Speaker 1: I know, shank you very much.
Speaker 3: That's what they hand out.
Speaker 5: Actually, it's a TOOTHBRK brush mile down.
Speaker 2: Here is Barry in Santa Fe joining us on the program.
Speaker 6: Good morning Barry, Good morning fellows, Good morning chet Bro. That Golden Bachelor is the biggest staff that I've ever heard. I like, listen, I survived being sorried, right, and now he's on the he's on the back nine. He's building his own damn sand trap.
Speaker 11: What a dope.
Speaker 1: Than thank you?
Speaker 2: That's an interesting analogy for the Golden Bachelor.
Speaker 6: Dope.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, you can find love, you don't have to get married, right, how many of them get married? I don't know what the percentages, the shooting percentage, what are the shooting percentages?
Speaker 4: Checking?
Speaker 2: Although I think it was the first Bachelor where the guy played football at Colorado.
Speaker 4: Ryan something, Yes, he was on our show. Yeah, we did a thing with ABC back then, and they said could he come on weekly For the last two months of the show. He became a regular.
Speaker 2: Well, there was the other guy. We didn't know the results, and all of a sudden, Ryan I said to him because I was told the other guy won, And I said to Ryan, you dodged a bullet man.
Speaker 3: He married her.
Speaker 1: Wait, what's her name, like Tricia or something?
Speaker 2: Like that.
Speaker 4: So you said something like she's a little annoying.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, you was, Yeah, yes, a form of Miami Heat cheer leader.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think she was.
Speaker 2: I thought her last her first name began with a T, but it was Trisia was it? But I just remember this guy was a punter at Colorado and he was on the Bachelor and it came down to him and another guy, and uh, that's the last I watched because I thought, oh my god, she's going to pick this other guy.
Speaker 1: And I said, you dodged a bullet man.
Speaker 2: She's high maintenance, next thing I know, and Ryan is the winner. They're going to get married, yes, hun.
Speaker 7: Tricia Sutter and Ryan Sutter are still together supposed to.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm happy for the happy for that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, married in two thousand and three.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I got a question about this. Okay, seventy one year old bachelor Jerry Turner on The Bachelor. Okay, what is the ceiling of age of the contestants and the wheeling and the floor what's the age range of the contestants you put on the show for a seventy one year old?
Speaker 2: I think I am well, okay, when you get this is what a friend told me when you get divorced, when you start to date somebody, it can be half your age plus seven years.
Speaker 3: Thirty five the formula.
Speaker 1: That's still that. That's what the guy told me.
Speaker 4: It would be forty two or forty three years old for this guy. He's seventy one.
Speaker 2: Yes, so I would say forty years and up for him.
Speaker 4: He has four daughters. I wonder if any of them will be as young as one of his daughters. Do they go extreme on the show? They like to do that.
Speaker 2: Okay, but can you can you be in guilty of agism if you're not letting women who are in their thirties be involved in this or can you can you say you got to be fifty years or older?
Speaker 4: I don't think that. Yeah, they could probably have everybody. They could have anywhere seventy five fifty five guys have a good time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Trista has a quote.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I may have said, Tricia Trista.
Speaker 2: Trista Trista, and she was a Miami Heat cheerleader. She was, and Ryan was like a firefighter yeah in Colorado.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can feel myself falling for you.
Speaker 6: I know.
Speaker 2: It just meant okay, could any of us I'm falling for you. Could any of us if we were single, do that? Hell no, Paulie, like.
Speaker 4: For real, we think because it's not a real show anymore. What I'm sorry? You watch your midpolgize?
Speaker 1: Okay, Marvin?
Speaker 3: Could you do then?
Speaker 1: No, it'd be great to see you out there? It would Todd? Could you do it?
Speaker 9: I could be the bachel I wouldn't want to be on the Bachelor we had and be one of twenty five guys that the girls making out with and that that wouldn't interest me very much.
Speaker 7: But if they're all there for me, that'd be kind of cool.
Speaker 4: Why not you guys? If Todd walked out with a T shirt and shorts on and high white socks and white shoes into the big grand ballroom of the war, Oh yeah.
Speaker 7: You did some sun? What's with that Bronco to.
Speaker 3: Living there?
Speaker 4: They're one on one day they watched Dateline in order Chinese food?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sammy winder tank top?
Speaker 3: God?
Speaker 7: What's guy?
Speaker 1: Not many guys have a Carl Mecklenberg jersey?
Speaker 3: You do?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I really love the Broncos.
Speaker 7: Just want to hang out and eat a big foot pizza? Would be so weird?
Speaker 4: We're two mountain where we're going on our getaway. We're going into the Paul. No, we're going to a Mets game. It's a three o'clock start.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, And of course I got to drive Jordan to Syracuse, so we're going to drive up there.
Speaker 7: My life story. Your commuters looking.
Speaker 2: On this Nia Yeah, oh no, it's kidney stones. Yeah, no, kidney stones. That's the latest one.
Speaker 7: One point three centimeters down and twiss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let me tell you more. You know what, when I get the kidney stone out, I'm going to show it to you.
Speaker 7: Try to get a lip tripsy. They want to do something with my eurider, I'm show what to do.
Speaker 2: With about we take a break. Here are Play of the Day is up next. Oh i'd just sleep last night. Yeah, every great day starts the night before. And that's why we love telling you about Sleep Number. Unlock your unique potential with a smart bed that can perform as well as you, and right now, save twelve hundred dollars on sleep Number's most popular three sixty smart bed plus special financing for a limited time only at sleep number stores or sleep number dot com. Slash Patrick. They've got everything you need. Two beds in one adjustable firmness on each side, so you and the significant other aren't going to argue about is it too soft or too firm? Get your sleep number mine seventy five. Ask about sleep iq technology. Trouble falling asleep? They have suggestions for you sleep too hot, too cold? How about a temperature adjusts bed and betting to help you sleep just right? Your partner snores, They've got something for that too, the adjustable base with partner snore technology. Once again, take advantage of these sales. Saved twelve hundred dollars on that Sleep Number three sixty smart bed. See store for details Sleep number dot com. Thanks for listening to The Dan Patrick Show podcast. Be sure to catch us live every weekday morning nine until noon eastern sixty nine Pacific on Fox Sports Radio, and you can find us on the iHeartRadio app at FSR or stream us live on the Peacock app.
Speaker 12: Hey what's up everybody? It's me three time pro bowler LeVar Arrington and I couldn't be more excited to announce a podcast called Up on Game?
Speaker 3: What is Up on Game?
Speaker 12: You assd along with my fellow pro bowler TJ. Huschman, Zada and Super Bowl champion. Yup, that's right, Plexico Burus. You can only name a show with that type of talent.
Speaker 7: On it.
Speaker 12: Up on Game, We're going to be sharing our real life experience is loaded with teachable moments. Listen to Up on Game with me lebar Arrington, T J. Hutchman, Zada and Plexico Birds on the iHeartRadio app, Apple Podcasts, or wherever you get your podcast from.
Speaker 13: Oh my God, the play of the Day.
Speaker 1: This is the play of the day.
Speaker 4: Check this out Holiday.
Speaker 13: It's the first paspal of ay you and into the love field. Cur wos up to the races, biggots to turn. He's bring away a time. Tony is on his way to turn. Gets it r beyond a triple to the major league leader a home runs and triples. The Angels have a photo one Land courtesy A Valley's Sports West. The Angels they win.
Speaker 6: Show.
Speaker 2: Hey o Tani leads baseball with seven triples, also leads baseball in home runs. Only one player in the history of Major League Baseball has ever led in both of those categories. Outright, anybody want to tell I'll give you the year and it's a guy that you wouldn't think would have a lot of triples, but he did play in an interesting ballpark dud Duddoe nineteen seventy eight, nineteen seventy eight. Interesting in case I was hosting Jeopardy, Who is Marvin?
Speaker 7: You said?
Speaker 8: Interesting ballpark?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Oh, I think you're going to get this, Jim Rice, Yes, whoa, whoa look at that.
Speaker 7: I thought you were just a basketball guy.
Speaker 11: Come on.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but he gave me the play of the day.
Speaker 8: So did you know I did. I was like, huh, I'm pondering.
Speaker 3: But you did that well.
Speaker 1: You did well in faking that.
Speaker 2: Discover credit Cards bring us the play of the day at the end of your first year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm thinking about that.
Speaker 2: You hand me the play of the day information, I'm going, uh, of course you looked at it. Play of the Day brought to you by Discovered credit Cards. Get all the cash back you've earned at the end of your first year.
Speaker 1: They double that cash.
Speaker 2: Back from trips and restaurants all double see terms and check it out for yourself at Discovered dot.
Speaker 1: Greg and Florida. Hi Greg, what's on your mind today?
Speaker 11: Six foot plus one handicap?
Speaker 6: Oh okay, little switch through there for you I like it.
Speaker 11: Okay, good listen. I was listening yesterday and you get to say a couple of things. I know what passed on from that, but it's off season and its conversation's awesome. You guys always have the three point contest Larry Bird and Steph Curry.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I mean I would have Steph Curry get his dad he take Delk.
Speaker 1: But if you did a.
Speaker 2: Current player and a former player, you know Larry Bird's going to be a first round pick on well, I don't know. I don't know how much Larry' shooting anymore, and Larry probably would not do it. I'm going to guess, because what's Larry have to gain?
Speaker 1: Nothing? So I don't see.
Speaker 2: I think you could get guys who are on the periphery of being really good players, former players that might want to do it and have some fun. But I don't know if the legends are going to want to go out there and fire up air balls there. Let me see a couple of things. So, the Open Championship starts tomorrow in Royal Liverpool. The World Cup for the women begins tomorrow. Lionel Messi was working out yesterday. He may come off the bench on Friday. I think that's about it. Those are the headlines. Did I leave out anything? It feels like they're investigating the investigation at Northwestern that's getting uglier. The Yankees are in last place. That hasn't happened in a long time. And the Reds are going backwards as well. Trade deadline sneaking up on us, and I'm otani doubt. I've looked at both sides trying to figure out what they would do, should do, shouldn't do. It's there an argument for the Angels to not want to bring back show Heyotani, just from the monetary part of this. So we're still exploring and still no word either way.
Speaker 4: Yes, Paul, the Angels are back within striking distance of the Wildcard and they won two in a row. Everyone ahead of them has lost one or more games. They're four and a half games out of the Wildcard right now, which is a lot of time.
Speaker 1: Is that good news or bad news?
Speaker 4: It's weird news because you can't make the trade if you're within striking distance of the playoffs.
Speaker 1: You can't win by losing. According to Trent Dilford, I.
Speaker 2: Wonder if he says that to his kids, because he's a football coach. Now, where is it University of Alabama, Birmingham. Yeah, you can't win by losing.
Speaker 4: Yankees there lost eight of ten.
Speaker 1: When's the last time they were in last place? Has it been thirty years? Maybe? Maybe longer? Last place? Our two on the way.
Speaker 2: We'll talk some football hard knocks with the Jets not exactly willing participants here.
Speaker 1: Maybe that's a good thing.
Speaker 2: Mike Tarico, he'll be calling his twenty fifth Open Championship. Michael joined us a little bit later on from Royal Liverpool the Open Championship.
Speaker 1: Our two on the way,