Speaker 1: Morning.
Speaker 2: Everybody is DJ Envy Charlamagne to God. We are to breakfast club. Nephew just joining us. We're talking about Gabrielle Union and the Waye Wade. Now this comes from a recent interview she did and she was talking about hustplitting the bills fifty to fifty with our husband.
Speaker 3: Lists Listen, that first sense of security and that the work is coming. And I just as long as I keep knocking it out, there's gonna be more and there isn't this sort of sense of the rug is going could still be pulled out.
Speaker 4: I struggle with that still, just because I think I just have more responsibilities, you know, for my money. It's weird to say I'm head of household because in this household we split everything fifty to fifty. But in the other households that each of us have to support, it puts this there's always this like gorilla on your back that is like.
Speaker 5: You better work, You would have better work.
Speaker 4: Somebody might not eat word, and it's hard. It's hard to let that go. So I'm working on that, all right.
Speaker 2: So we're asking what are your thoughts. When we got Tracy on the line, Tracy, good.
Speaker 6: Morning, Hey, good morning.
Speaker 1: Hey bro, what's your thoughts? Brother?
Speaker 6: So, my thoughts is this, If it's a regular couple and they work, they both work in jobs, I don't see nothing wrong with going fifty to fifty. But if the woman's in like school or something like that, I understand that man paying the bills. But if the man's paying all the bills and a woman's not doing anything, how they ever gonna get anywhere, like as far as investments and growing a better future for the family, leaving the legacy, how they gonna get anywhere if they regular people and the man's just spending all the money on the building.
Speaker 5: It's like, now, this goes back to exactly what we were just talking about. You just said that woman is not doing nothing. But I guarantee you if you go to that woman that you're the hypothetical woman's house you're talking about, and you see all of the things that she does on the daily in that house, you would realize that nothing you're saying is a huge something.
Speaker 1: Tracy, are you married? Tracy?
Speaker 6: Nah? I'm not mad. I'm not saying she's not doing nothing, but I'm saying, with the money, what is she doing with them? Yeah? No, No, listen to what I'm saying though, with the money that she's saving, that she's not paying bills, I understand that she's being a money.
Speaker 1: You say that money and say.
Speaker 6: What is she doing with that money that she's not spending? Or get what you're saying, putting it into invest next for the family, get what you say? You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: What I thought you said she wasn't making no money? Fifty fifty? What is she doing with her money?
Speaker 2: She's just putting her money in her account and spending and buying bag shoes and going on trips with the girls. Or is she taking that money and putting it back to the house or investing it or whatever it is? No, I agree that That's why I say, you put it all into one pot, and it should be the households money to you know, to take care of the household, build the kids in all lives.
Speaker 1: I see what you say.
Speaker 6: Fact.
Speaker 1: Thank you brother. Hello?
Speaker 7: Who's this Valencia?
Speaker 1: Hey Valencia, good morning.
Speaker 7: Good morning.
Speaker 6: How are y'all doing?
Speaker 5: Good?
Speaker 8: Amen? What's your thoughts so on your on your topic. I don't think there's anything wrong with fifty fifty. I think the issue comes in where if Gabrielle feels like her money has to go to more places, maybe he should pay more. But I also feel like maybe she hasn't had a conversation about it.
Speaker 2: But you mean her money has to go to other places, and mean past relationships, so parents or family, something like that.
Speaker 7: No, in the interview, she said she feels like she has more households to contribute to, so she's constantly stressed about her money. So maybe it shouldn't be fifty fifty. Maybe he should take over more in their households.
Speaker 5: I mean, I didn't see the interview, so I don't know what that means, but that.
Speaker 1: Means that could mean she'd be taking care of family. That's what I was thinking.
Speaker 5: I'm saying, you're taking care of other family members, you know what I mean, Like you could be taking care of your mom, You be taking care of your pops, your grandma. I don't know her family situation, but also it sounds like.
Speaker 2: But even in family situation, when it's ours, it's we both decide what goes.
Speaker 1: To family members, you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: All the time, because there's family members that may ask my wife for money. Correct, you know what I'm saying, there's family members that may ask me for money, correct, you know, and those are conversations that we have.
Speaker 1: It's usually simple because I ain't got it. But you know, yeah, I'm not mad at it.
Speaker 5: And you know, we were talking about something earlier too, in regards of like family members when they ask us for money, Like my people might ask me for money, or they might have my wife for money.
Speaker 1: My wife is the no person. Well I'm the sucker.
Speaker 5: My wife is the no person.
Speaker 1: My wife.
Speaker 5: No, it don't matter who it is, even if it's people on my side of the family, tell them to talk to me.
Speaker 1: See, he's the no person.
Speaker 2: Is just a good thing. See, you gotta it's like you gotta go through my mom and pops. Right, My mom and pops kind of handle my finances, but they don't meaning they look at it like you work hard. Nobody else works hard, but you so you ain't gonna lend no money. So my mom and possibly be like no like before if they you know, you know, sometimes feeling but like let me talk to the garage, let me talk.
Speaker 1: To this room. My pops come right with me. No, absolutely no, But that's that's mom and pops. Absolutely all right, Well, what's the moil of the stories. The more the stories doing worse for you.
Speaker 5: You know what I'm saying. But I really don't like this, this, this conversation about percentages. You know what I mean, Because, like we've been saying all morning, if you really broke it down and calculated what each person does in their respective roles, if you look.
Speaker 1: At all the things a woman does to make our lives easier, yep, oh my god, it would not be fifty fifty.
Speaker 5: It'd be like seventy thirty, eighty twenty a gear towards the woman.
Speaker 1: Alright, it's the breakfast Club. Good morning,