Speaker 1: Hello, gorgeous, It's Lala Kent. Welcome to untraditionally, Lala, Hello, gorgeous, it is Laala Kent. Welcome back to untraditionally Lala Hi t te oh, hey, hey, hey, oh what a fucking week. Can I just tell you be honest? Is this our mom forever? Do you think I.
Speaker 2: Try not to think that far in advance.
Speaker 1: How would that be?
Speaker 2: I just am today because if I do think that way, like it scares me, Like it really does scare me.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's a lot. I hope it's not my mom forever. Her hip is good though, it's just now trying to get everything else in order. Yeah, and we're coming. We're not even a month out of the hip, so like that's the other thing, like three months they were saying it takes, but I would like her to start doing upper body movement.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she came, so my mom. As you guys know, how her hip replaced, which we've heard is like a life altering surgery in the best way. But since then, you know, she has sleep apnea, so she she has to have like the masks.
Speaker 2: Let me I want to ask fellow our fellow pods, if you or somebody has sleep apnea. Yeah, our mother keeps taking her mask off in the middle of the night, and she says she's like claustrophobic little things. So my question is, do you guys have any tips, tips or tricks of keeping it on or making it so you can sleep or whatnot, because that I think would be the best thing for mom is to try to keep that mask on all Yeah.
Speaker 1: And she's talking about like her heart racing and she feels like she wants to crawl out of her own skin, and I'm like, well, that's anxiety. So they put her on anxiety mends, which I think are having the opposite effect on her and like actually making the anxiety worse. She also has lost so much weight that it makes me nervous. She's not looking like my mother. She's not like skin and bone.
Speaker 2: No, she's just not Mom. Yeah. I like my mom with some meat on her. I like giving her a big old bear hug and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and she's just not there. So I'm trying not to think about it either. But when she came up last night rummaging through the medicine cabinet because she's like, I just can't sleep, and I feel like I want to crawl out of my own skin. I laid down and had a moment of like the decline with Dad and how quickly that happened.
Speaker 2: Well, And I did point that out to her because like I was around, I saw Dad every day, you know, I like I was like, and that's where it is right now. It is like, I need to get you a bit of help because what I am witnessing I have witnessed, and what I witnessed with him, it took him. Yeah, So I do not want that for Mom. And like the other thing is that she hates to do is exercising. But the one thing that I have found that I do is going on runs, little band workouts. And if I don't do that, I can tell my sleep is off, my body is not. It's restless.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I'm hoping that Mom can feel good enough to maybe get her body moving inactive to the point where she goes to sleep her body and mind are both tired. Yeah, because right now I just think it's her mind and not her body and that's where she's and.
Speaker 1: I think we have to get some nutrients. Yeah, I mean, she eats like she's a toddler. She's like I I just want the bread. I don't want to eat I don't really like that kind of fruit.
Speaker 2: I don't want to not.
Speaker 1: Get the veggies. I just want rice. I'm like, we have to have something.
Speaker 2: Last night she law is like, I'm going to make you meatballs, and she goes just one, just one meatball. It's like, well, maybe that's why you're not challenging. You have to eat it well.
Speaker 1: And I remember going through like hard times in my life and at night I would wake up and I would have so I was so anxious that my stomach was eating itself and I wanted to crawl out of my own body. And it's like, oh, I have like zero nutrition in my body. So last night I was spiraling in my mind and I had to actively be like, Lauren, you cannot go to a grocery store right now because it's four in the fucking morning, and you'll deal with it tomorrow. Stop thinking about this and go to sleep. Because I just kept looping, looping. She gotta have veggies, she gotta have veggies. I gotta wake her up right now. We gotta ge veggies in her. We gotta get vegies in her. I was like, fucking tweaking out. So this morning, I wake up and I check on her to make sure she's not fucking dead, because I was tweaking about that too, And I ordered her a smoothie from Creation on Postmates, and it was a bit It had a banana in it, and I was like, I don't even give a fuck. I'm not taking the banana out. She's gonna have to fucking suck it up.
Speaker 2: My mother has lied to us her whole.
Speaker 1: Life about being allergic to bananas. She's not allergic, she just doesn't like them, along with every other thing that you could possibly imagine. I keep the banana in, I add spinach. I go to check out. The large smoothie cost me just for I was like.
Speaker 2: My mother's health.
Speaker 1: So I clicked I double clack, double click clack, be side buttons, put it on the amex.
Speaker 2: Put it on credit because that's what we'll need, and drinking drinky.
Speaker 1: She she went. Now she's taking a bath, and I'm just feeling a little tapped out because there's a lot of humans that need taking taken care of at this house. Anyway, moving on, last week, you guys, I went to New York City for those of you who know me know that that city gives me so much anxiety. Once I'm there, like I'm a little bit fine, finer than the thought of going, but also just the thought of like getting on a plane to travel there. And I'm very particular. I'm like, put me on a morning flight so that I land in the evening. I can go grab something to eat, and then I can go into the room and get a good night's sleep. I'm adamant, no fucking red eyes. So flight information comes in. I get to the airport, it's seven thirty. My flight doesn't even leave until ten. Don't know why I needed to be there with that early, but just to make my s say you never you never know what la. So I go to the lounge for Delta, and she like looks at my car and she's like, oh, you qualify for the better lounge. And I was like, bet, I like that better.
Speaker 2: You are better than me, Because if she would have been like, there's a better lounge for you, I'd be like, well, I'm here, so have a good shit.
Speaker 1: It's just down the way.
Speaker 2: I'll walk you.
Speaker 3: I was like, great, perfect a handler more walking now and.
Speaker 1: It's closer to your gate.
Speaker 2: I was done.
Speaker 1: I'm at the better lounge closer to the gate, and you're walking me there. So I get to this better lounge and I'm kicking it. Text comes through and it's like fifty five minute delay and I'm like fifty five minutes, all right, whatever, that's nothing. So I go have a second breakfast at this lounge and then I get hit with the second text and they say that now the flight is delayed four hours, fifty five minutes or three hours and fit something along those lines. So I'm like, well that's a blur. So around two o'clock I head down to ten eleven, twelve one two. That's making sure there. Two o'clock I head down for my boarding time. I'm in line. All of the sudden they close the door. We're all hit with the text that the flight has now been fully canceled. I was like, I go to the gate person and I was like, what do we do about our bags? And he literally gets on his intercom because there's a line, and he's like, I cannot help you with this flight.
Speaker 2: I know nothing. Was my kind of guy.
Speaker 1: Too, but also just like direct me towards the bags and he was like, you need to go to baggage claim. So I'm like hauling ass to baggage claim. I was like, hey, my bag was on this flight. Here's a little ticket. She scans it. She goes, oh, this is on the cancel flight. We have all of you on a flight tomorrow morning. And everyone that's there trying to get their backs are like, wait, we have a full day tomorrow. I've got all these meetings. I was like, yeah, we all have to work all day tomorrow, so we're going to be at our bag.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's exactly we got this flight to get there by tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Yes, so getting there tomorrow not gonna work.
Speaker 1: It'll not work. So she was like, oh, so then what are you gonna do. I go, well, now I have to book a flight through a different airline because you guys don't have anything that's flying out by the time I need to get into New York. And she was like, okay, let me make a phone call. Makes a phone call. She's like, all right, they have your bag and it will be off the plane from anywhere between like thirty minutes, but it could take like five hours. I'm like, that is the largest chunk of time I've ever heard.
Speaker 4: Thirty minutes It's like, first of all, it's going from the plane to the tarmac, are you just taking it?
Speaker 2: Get around?
Speaker 1: Whenever they could get around to it, I guess get.
Speaker 2: Around to it. You'd think they'd want the I call Easton.
Speaker 1: Because I cannot walk to the uber section of Lax. I'm like, I'm gonna need someone to pick me up where I'm.
Speaker 2: At and I just had gotten down with Lisa's hip appointment.
Speaker 1: Soldier, You're the fucking best. You're the fucking best, Easton. Okay, I'm sorry for everything I said here yesterday.
Speaker 2: Did you better be? I like how I stood ground?
Speaker 1: I didn't know. I didn't I needed you to. I just spoke about anger. That podcast comes out with Amber soon. No, I didn't like it. Actually, I needed you to disengage so that I could meet you.
Speaker 2: Well, you have you heightened it?
Speaker 4: I met the wola from vander pump On said level.
Speaker 1: I didn't like it at all. Anyway, not the point, let's not rehash. I just want to say sorry that I did that yesterday.
Speaker 2: I apologize as well.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Easton comes picks me up, and right as he's like, hey, I'm super close, my bag comes out. My bag comes out. It is like, oh my calls me.
Speaker 2: He goes, Oh my god, my back just got here.
Speaker 1: So exactly it's here.
Speaker 2: You would have thought that the plane was actually going to take off. She was like, actually the plane. That's how excited.
Speaker 1: Because it's the little things in life.
Speaker 2: Less out of control.
Speaker 1: I was like, at least my bag is with me. Could you imagine?
Speaker 2: No, I've done?
Speaker 1: Are you trying to figure that shit out?
Speaker 2: No? There's been times where I would have been in.
Speaker 1: New York and my bag would have been at JFK the next day too late.
Speaker 2: What would I have done?
Speaker 1: What would I have done? My whole face was in there anyway. Oh no, I got my bag and that then my flight was at eleven PM. I had to take the Red Eye. I landed at like, got to the airport or the hotel at like nine thirty, hit the ground fucking running by the time I got back. You guys La. When I would fly from Utah to La, I used to tweak out because I'm like, this is the most chaotic city I've ever been in. I got to get back to Utah. Now when I land in LA from New York or any other place, I'm like, and as much as like we talk about how this city it can be like overwhelming and it's like a rat race. It's home, and I was so happy to land back here and just like feel normal and get a good night's sleep and see my kids. And I've been having such bad mom guilt. But anyway, the whole reason, so that was the plane trip. I totally forgot the whole reason I went to. The trip was fucking exhausting. I forgot the whole reason why I even went out there. I went out to do watch Robins Live, and I was the last time I did watch What Happens. I was two months postpartum and I did it with Durrey Kemsley. And I was actually there promoting the Travis Kelcey show that I had done while very pregnant. And so Andy comes in and he's like, I feel like I have not seen you for so long, and I told him I was like, I haven't been here since. I mean, my child's going to be two and like handful of myne Anyway, he was wonderful. I was told that I was supposed to do watch What Happens with Kesha. That was very excited. I want to tell you guys. This interaction the only interaction I've ever had with Kesha. It's me Brittany, Me, Brittany and Janet and we're leaving Jet Sweet X, headed back to LA from super Bowl. Kesha comes off the plane. We're waiting to get on our plane. She has her glasses on tonight time. She's fucking cool like that, takes them off yours. Oh my god, you guys are beautiful. I'm obsessed with you guys, puts a glasses back on, walks out to her.
Speaker 2: Car, center piece. I love her, I was like.
Speaker 1: What what?
Speaker 2: So? I became a fan when she re recorded her song I got in the morning.
Speaker 1: Saying fuck Peete, fuck with you hard. Let me tell you when I became the biggest fan is when her song single handedly got me through my leaving of he whose name we shall not mention and hauling ass on fucking mule holland blasting that song movie my shit out house. That's when I was like, I'm a Kasha fan. That song. Oh, She's like, I'm proud of who I am. Oh, she's so fucking good. Anyway, she ends up not being able to make it because, as everyone knows, everyone's falling sick right now, and she like wasn't feeling very good, so she doesn't make it. They have Nick Lachet and my inner. I'll be honest, My my grown ass woman started freaking because I love ninety eight degrees and I'm gonna let you in on a little secret. My most favorite ninety eight degrees song is the theme song on Mulan featuring Stevie Wonder, True to your Heart. It is the greatest Me and ocean in the car on the way to Disney. We are up in that bitch, just the fucking rockin' ready to take Disney bybe balls. Okay, so I did it with him. It was fucking awesome. The next day, I have a full day of press that's supposed to start at like nine am. I keep clicking snooze because I am in bad shape, and all I can think about is that whatever Kesha may or may not have been feeling had teleported itself to me in New York. And I was like, every time I stood up, you guys, I felt like I was going to pass out. I was sweating, I felt like I was gonna throw up. I was so nauseous. I ended up canceling all of press. I could not even I could not even get myself on my feet. And I had to make a flight that night, and I'm like, I'll be damned if I'm stuck here one more night. I gotta get out, Love you New York, got to get back to the West Coast. So that was my Watch What Happens Live experience. I had a wonderful time. Lena, who does my hair, is the one who dressed me. Because I just have been so clocked out recently. I was like, hey, babe, can you please bring off for me? And I had tried on that same jumpsuit to wear to Bravocon and I was like, it's so cute, but like, it's not really the vibe I'm going for. Let's save it for Watch What Happens. The way that it fit me at Bravocon compared to the way it fit me after heartbreak and stress not a standing up look for me in that moment. I'd lost a little bit of weight. I wasn't quite filling it out properly, but you know what, sitting it looked great. I felt like I felt like Jennifer Tilly when she was like, it's really more of a standing up dress. Not a sitting because the eye and the lip went wonky on her reunion. Look when she sat, Mine was the opposite. When I sat great, standing up not so much. So I get home and the next day, Friday, what'd you guys do while I was gone? Sorry, I feel like I'm just on it.
Speaker 2: No, what my you know what I've been up to. I've been doing those two little quietly.
Speaker 1: Oh you've been doing business. You've been standing on business?
Speaker 2: Yeah, just working on that business. There's yeah, I was just working on the computer. I've got two little things that have three things I'm working on.
Speaker 1: How were the kids while I was gone?
Speaker 2: Great?
Speaker 1: Did they allow you to get things done? I mean Ocean at school, I wasn't gone that long. I was done less than forty eight hours.
Speaker 2: No, I mean there's simple, They're easy and luckily we have Cynthia like throughout the day. So like while they were at school, I got a whole bunch of work done. When they'd get home, we would hang out, eat, play games, color, we'd go outside and play on the basketball court, swam. We just did a whole bunch of stuff. And then when the little one went down, Sosa like Ocean's so easy. She'd just like get in her bed, or she would sit on the couch. We watched Shrek. She's really in was obsessed with Shrek Shrek ever After, which in my opinion, is.
Speaker 1: The worst one yea where Shrek Wish is for yeah, but it's nothing because Rumpell steal skin, steals his old, his life, and it's I don't love it.
Speaker 2: I like one and three.
Speaker 1: You watched it? Do you watched it while I was gone?
Speaker 2: Well, I've seen it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so let me tell you. I get home, and Ocean knows that if it's a weekend, she can sleep in my bed. If it's a weekend weekdays and there's school, you got to be in your own bed. Anyway, I told her that I was leaving town and I would be gone, but by the time, you know, she blinked, I would be back. And I said, So, I promise you when I get home Friday night, you and me, babe on the couch, we're doing a spawn night. We're gonna have popcorn with Eminem's in it, and we will watch whatever movie you want. So Friday rolls around and I have to do, don't have to I get to I should say this shop today, so it's like a part of the Today Show with the Rainbow in some capacity, and they had myself, Brittany, what was it myself, Brittany, Michelle and Kristin That's sorry, my mind is mushed today. And it was so much fun. Everyone looked amazing. We basically just did a panel where we talked about being moms and what it's like at this stage of life. You know, Brittany got to speak on having a son with autism who's five and all of the mountains he's been moving, Kristin, you know, doing IUI and going through a fertility journey and getting pregnant in a at an older quote unquote age. We spoke about mom guilt, which is what I was really struggling with in that moment and have continued to struggle with. And I think everyone can relate except for Michelle. We asked, They asked Michelle how she manages it. She goes, I don't have mom guilt, and we all were like, oh what. She was like, No, Like, I think about going out and doing things and it's like I have to have my cup full and be well rested and feel like I'm my own person in order to show up as a good mom for Isabella, and keep in mind, they really hit the ground running. Isabella wakes up at like six am and is ready for full blown activities from the time they wake up till the time they go to bed, so she really does have to practice self care on like a completely different level. Granted it's fifty to fifty that they have, but as time goes on, Like I remember at the beginning of my situation, if something fell on a weekend that I didn't have ocean, it was not happening. As time passes you realize that that's that's your hope. But there are going to be things that you have to do, whether it's work or a birthday that your friend is having that falls on a day that you have your kid, and it's okay to tap and a sitter or a nanny, you know, like go do your thing. But the fact that she does not struggle with mom kilts. I was very impressed. I mean I decided to press it. Yeah, I decided to go have dinner with them after and it was like maybe four thirty. I was tweaking out. I'm like, I promised my kid a movie night and spawn night and they're like, great, it's four thirty. I'm like, I know the time. I was like, I feel guilty that I'm like going out with my friends to an early early early bird special dinner and like enjoying myself. Like how weird is that? Like I found guilty. I kept calling you said, I'm like, are you guys okay? Is mom okay? Are you guys? Upset? I promise I'm hurrying. I got home at six, We started the spaw night. She had the time of her fucking life. I highly recommend if you have a little girl or a little boy who wants to do something like that, anytime I do that with her, something so freaking simple, you guys sitting on a couch with eye patches on. She saw that I had put on my doggy pajamas. She ran downstairs, comes up and has on the same pajamas as I do. No, she's adorable, fucking adorable. We make the popcorn. She's on cloud nine. She gets the candy, she puts it in, We sit down, We watch Shrek four again, and she looks at me and goes, this is the best night ever. And I kid you not anytime we do that. She tells me, it is the best night ever.
Speaker 2: No, she loves a good chocolate in the bad.
Speaker 1: No, we did on the couch because she was like, I want to watch on the couch so that if Easton and GG want we want to watch, we could joint watch.
Speaker 2: We did join in for a.
Speaker 1: Bit, and she loved it so much that the next night we did the exact same thing no Groundhog's Day, except we were in Spice Girl pajamas. But we did watch Shrek four.
Speaker 2: Isn't that good for you? Though? For time? I am so worry some You're like living in fifty first day. It's where time never goes anywhere, right, you would think, Yeah, you're living the same day every day. It's kind of like time is in passing.
Speaker 1: I woke up this morning. Oh god, I was up this morning and I was like, oh my gosh, another day has passed. That means we're closer to the end.
Speaker 2: I can start moving my body in motion, stays in my get fucking dark. I get down, figure it out.
Speaker 1: I gotta figure it out, dude. It's like not good anyway. I saw a note while I've gone and I actually I didn't think you were going to talk about this and I'm so happy that you're it is.
Speaker 2: So sad, guys.
Speaker 1: Should I tee it up?
Speaker 2: Or do you want to see?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: Tee it up?
Speaker 1: So we see that there's like this little baby duck in our pool and it seems distressed. And then I hear tweeting in the neighbor's yards, so I yell over. I'm like, do you guys have baby ducks over there? And they're like, yeah, they're in the pool. They can't get out. I'm like same. I text my other neighbor. I'm like, hey, just so you know, I hear baby ducks in your backyard. There's one in my yard and one in my other neighbor's yard, Like, don't let your dogs out. She's like, cool, have I have two over here? Whatever, We get our baby duck out to safety, and it just the moment it gets out.
Speaker 2: Guys. We try to party so much effort into getting this duck out because I was like, maybe he can't get out of the big lipped pool. So we put like a little runway so we could get out. I put like a nut like in the corner if he felt like coming into it. He swam into the net. So I was like, oh, okay, So I like, pick the net up. I gently put it on the side of the pool. He gets out, looks around, and just right back into the pool. So I was like, all right, maybe that's where he wants to be.
Speaker 1: But they were tweeting. They were a tweet tweet tweeting.
Speaker 2: They were tweeting for their mom.
Speaker 1: They were tweeting for their mom. So I say to Cynthia. I was like, Cynthia, did you see that there's ducks back here? And she goes, oh, yeah, there was like a mom and all her babies. She shows me a picture there on the basketball court, just having like a little heyday back there, shows me the picture, so I know where they are.
Speaker 3: Now we walk back there. I so let me also reiterate the ducks.
Speaker 2: I did not know there were a family of them. I just saw the one in the pool. So I went out and tried to help. But Bernice got out of the house and she she killed two of them. It's the only way to put it. She killed two of them.
Speaker 1: It makes me so sad.
Speaker 2: No, it makes me sad. And here's the thing, like Pablo I wouldn't even go near, Like he wouldn't even go outside and Bernice was just out there. And then after we found the duck in the pool, I was like, oh no. So I went around the yard and we found one poor little ducky.
Speaker 1: An ocean was out there, and she like runs in the house and goes and gets like these little snow mini mouse mittens, like what are you doing? I'm gonna pay get up. We have to save it. I was like, baby, it died, and she was like, no, you have to give it mouth to mouth. I'm like no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no. I was like, it's gone. This is the backyard where baby things come to die. Remember the squirrel. I remember the squirrel.
Speaker 2: Two days later, guys found another one. Well, I see Bernice just like in the backyard being weird, being Bernice, And I was like, something's not right. So I walk out there and right when I walk out there, she turns and she has another one in her mouth.
Speaker 1: A baby duck.
Speaker 2: M hm, baby tweety, a baby tweety. And I looked at.
Speaker 1: Her, Oh my god.
Speaker 2: She dropped the duck.
Speaker 1: Can life get any worse?
Speaker 2: And she legs between her tail between her legs, like legs between her tail. The legs were between betwixt the tail. No, she sprawled out like a little no, the frogs like a frog sprawl. She knew any trouble. She kept looking at it too, And so I had to pick that up. And I won't lie to you. I looked at Bernice very differently for a good couple of days.
Speaker 1: How could you not?
Speaker 2: Oh God, Bernice. The name fits it perfectly too. He is a Bernice.
Speaker 1: It just makes me so again. I thought, after the squirrel situation, the squirrel situation and then the Palm Springs house where I killed the lovebirds babies.
Speaker 2: That was by accident.
Speaker 1: Of course, it was by accident. I would never do that on purpose, I know.
Speaker 2: But we have to reiterate.
Speaker 1: Speaking of passing, Archie Badore, Shannon Madore's famous golden retriever passed away. I am sure she is beside herself. I mean that was.
Speaker 2: How old was her daughter?
Speaker 1: I think at least ten. Oh, life is just so sad, man, what is going on?
Speaker 4: I know I cried to Pablo, and I know Shannon Badour, probably because I look at him and Bernice. I cried to both of them, and they've lived through everything with me.
Speaker 1: I know that feeling.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when they're gone. It's like the chapters really gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember moments laying on the floor with Lily and thinking like when this animal goes, I'm gonna be a rack. Yeah, And I would just saw them and be like, it's not today. And then when that day came, I immediately went back to those little special moments. Yea knowing, but that's why I'm weird about time.
Speaker 2: I know that's why Dad did it right. He croaked before the.
Speaker 1: Dog And we listened to one song. We listened to Angel by Fifth Harmony. I turned down when it says the fuck word and replace it with mess and Ocean sits in there, and then the song ends and she didn't ask for another one, and she was just talking because you know, she's a talker, and I just sat there and looked in the rear view. I did pay attention to the road on occasion, but I was like, the days are winding down where I'm taking my child to t K. Then it's going to be kindergarten and first grade, and like, yes, I know I'm telling you things that you all know that this is how school works, but it's the time that fucks me up so badly. Watching her on my Instagram be terrified of me saying, Santa Claus is on the phone, you have to pool all gone gone, you know. I'm like, that was yesterday, that was that was yesterday, that was not three years ago? How did I blink and the time just was done?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: When she when she so yeah, but he was like, where is she? Like? That is she?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be There's going to be a day where she says, where is she?
Speaker 2: Like a normal And I'm going to the point of when you were talking about ocean and I said, where is she that little version of her where?
Speaker 1: Oh, don't make me solve on this podcast. I can't take it. I really can't take it. Let's move on to news about Spencer Pratt.
Speaker 2: Bro, Do you think that hurt him? What him saying if he doesn't win, he'll move away from LA Do you think that.
Speaker 1: Hurts you know, I don't understand politics. I look at things that help or hurt them, and I'm like, I can't even believe that I'm looking at what I'm looking at. I'm like, out of all the people on the planet, and I'm not coming for Spencer. I'm just saying in general, there are moments where I'm like, these these are the options.
Speaker 2: Guys. What do you think about him wanting to do a reality TV show? That's I think already been done. I think they've already picked up cameras. They're doing it, or they did it through his election or electoral.
Speaker 1: Let me tell you this, I never talk about who I vote because it's just not important, right or maybe it is, depending on how you look at it. I just I do my thing. I You should have seen me on chat GPT when I was feeling out at Easton. I was like, Easton's I need to know what I'm doing, not like obviously everyone knows, like the mayor.
Speaker 2: Although when you're.
Speaker 1: Talking about the sixty six the districts.
Speaker 2: Like that, we were like, all right, who's in right now? And does it need change?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: The questions.
Speaker 4: Then we saw the homework. Yeah, and then we saw some people that are in. We did research. They're trying to do a lot of things. Budget isn't there, and we're like, why can't we got to you know, sometimes we've got to keep the same person in who is putting an effort, and things like.
Speaker 1: Sheriff's department, does he have any control over what's happening if there's no funding, Like we really put the pieces of the puzzles out.
Speaker 4: There because guys, what I I mean, I'll get a little polt, I'll get into politics. It's hard because when we were casting our vote for like the sheriff, the new sheriff, I was like, this is so hard because the only thing that I'm remembering is when Karen Bass fired the chief of the fire department when all of the fires were going on, and she was saying that we had no water, we just had and forgive me if I'm wrong. It was like seventeen million dollars taken away from their budget and all of this stuff. So it's like the fire, like the police, the chief of police and her like, they could be the best for that position, and we're voting them out because we don't think they're doing enough, and it's because their hands are tied with funding.
Speaker 2: So it was hard. It was hard for me. It was so hard, yeah, because I was like, it's it doesn't feel right to vote somebody out who is actually giving their all and being honest. Do you want to say how I don't feel right voting somebody else in when you are doing what you can and doing it pretty well with what you're given. It was tough. It's hard. I think politics are the hardest thing in the world. And every time you cast your vote you always think, fuck.
Speaker 1: I think there's did I make the right choice? You want someone in the position. Specific to Spencer Pratt, he lived it right like he's for the people because he is the people. However, the man has not one ounce of but that's experience in politics.
Speaker 2: But that's where I love him and he.
Speaker 3: No, but he saying that, But he didn't because even said it with Karen Bass when they were going back and.
Speaker 4: Forth, and he was like, I'm not and he goes, But what I can do is surround myself with amazing people and an amazing team, just like Karen Bass has.
Speaker 2: But my team will care. She just pretends to. Okay, So it's like that is true, and it's like I I know right from wrong.
Speaker 4: I need to be I need a team around me, but I can also tell my team that this isn't right. So it's sometimes having somebody that isn't so smart, but that can put you in a logical position that makes sense. Right.
Speaker 1: I do understand that that there's a lot of cooks in the kitchen, and then there's one face to the madness when it comes to the reality show. I don't love that at all. And you said, well, then we can see as every move. I'm like, coming from someone who has been a part of reality TV for a long time, they can shop and screw that as much as they freaking want. They can manipulate scenes, they can whatever they want to do. They can freaking do right, a reality show, it's not a documentary where it's you know, like the Crash right where no one who was a part of that documentary had any control over what was going to be the final edit. Yeah, it was a bunch of producers that were watching going, oh, this is fucking wild that these things are coming. Which I want to talk about the crash so badly. Oh my god. Okay, hold on, stick to stick, don't let your add get the best of you. It doesn't matter. I don't like the idea of the reality show at all. I think that that I mean one filming maybe him going you know, through the race, but if he takes it, stick to like the job at hand, which is making La a place that is livable again, Like make it the city.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that.
Speaker 1: I moved to You know, you have now traded the reality hat for being the mayor of Los Angeles. We're going to need to take that very serious.
Speaker 2: That's where I'm at. It's just like it's a very serious position and throwing cameras at it like a reality show kind of waters down. I think what the job title is, and that's what scares me in a sense.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the crash was freaking crazy. I want to talk about it. It's like number on Netflix right now. I'm sure it'll be number one very soon. You must watch it. It's about a girl who was driving a car with her boyfriend and a friend in the back seat. They crashed into a wall and as time passes, alarm bell start going off, saying, this doesn't seem like an accident to me, this seems like murder. Watch it, please, because I want to talk about it the next time we podcast.
Speaker 2: And when we do, we should have asked. We should have a Q and A with people asking certain things.
Speaker 1: You were trying to get this bitch out. She's just fucking crazy.
Speaker 2: Really, okay. See that's where I want to know, and it's insane. How could you okay?
Speaker 1: So I want to read you guys. It was last week's episode. I talked about Mauricio. He was caught outside of Crags. He called the paparazzi to Crags so he can do they like live out there? They live out there. It was like TMZ who maybe asked him a question about what I said on my podcast and he calls me a fucking liar. All right, I first want to say, this is the exact transcript of what I said on the podcast. You guys, it has been so good, but I was so surprised to hear that the Potomac Housewives had filmed with Mauricio and I believe Chemo sabe and that a lot of them were like gassing him up and like flirting with him and talking about how sexy he is, and then Kyle receiving h like I'm sorries. I'm literally reading it verbatim, no, like like that was not cool, and Kyle's absolutely right, And maybe I'm up in the night with this, but I do feel like within our little Bravo community, it is like, and especially with the Housewives, there's some there's some sort of unspoken sisterhood where you just don't date within the crew, right mm hmm, even if you're not on the same show, you'd think you just don't do it. And as Kyle is talking about like if she wants moBack or like why they haven't filed for divorce, she's saying that it's not that she's waiting for him to come back, but it's more of just like a timing thing, like she's gonna know when it feels right. But her eye said something different to me. And when they replayed her talking about how if they would have chosen the other life right where he didn't have two Nichols to his name, but we thought about moving to Colorado, he'd be a ski instructor, and had we chosen that path, I think we would still be together. And how did we let something so beautiful slip away? I just men and women think so differently, so freaking differently. Because Kyle talking about how you know she's holding on to the memories she thought that going to her daughter's weddings or graduations, she would be with the father of her child. And she shows up to a holiday party and her not husband's slash husband is like very much living a single life and feeling okay about it, and I just can't help but think, like, are we supposed to like be together men and women? I don't know anymore, Like what is the point? You have your kids, you build a life, and then you know, you run the risk of thirty years you have literally every single memory of your adult life and becoming a mother. How in the world does one party Usually the woman move on from that without holding on extremely tight, where the man can go out and just like find women in their twenties and totally be okay, not even think about the memories. It's just really really hard to wrap my mind around and reconcile it because I think about this like brief interaction that I had with someone, and I'm like, I can't imagine having thirty years with somebody and it coming to a close. I'm like wrapped up in my own head. Kyle is a strong woman, strong, strong woman, And I don't even know if I should be sharing this. It happened so long ago. I have to say. When I was doing the podcast with Easton and my old assistant Jessica, I got the weirdest DM and I was talking about Kyle and Mo at the time, and this was like at the height of them not really knowing what they were doing. But I got a DM from him saying something along the lines of, you know, I talk about him on my podcast and he would like to grab a coffee and just never opened it or respond like what I mean, what would you have to talk about? There's not a chance in maybe trying to convince me that, like what I was saying, I don't even know it could have been controlled damage. Oh I say it twice a double down. I don't really know the point. But I'm certainly not going to be caught out having coffee with you. No, that's not going to happen. So many other podcasts that are talking about this exact same thing. How about we all will all grab coffee and we can try to and you can try to win us all over, because it's not going to look good for you. No, we certainly not one on one. If you're upset about the podcast. There's many a podcast that are talking. So we're going to need to make this a group meeting. He's trying to put out like one little fire when the whole mountain's flaming. It's like, buddy, good luck. Okay, So the claim is that he slid into my DM, and I went on the podcast last week and talked about how he asked me out on a date, a coffee date. With what I just read you, I not once, not a once, said that he asked me out on a coffee date. I have the exact DM, the exact DM, and what's weird is that he wouldn't unsend it. That's what I would have done. See Hey, La La, how are you hey? I am wondering since you seem to have an opinion and speculations about me as to whether I am a player or not, I would like to talk to you. Let me know if you are up for that by phone or happy to get a coffee. It is literally what I portrayed in the podcast that you were trying to do control damage control.
Speaker 2: You're really on that one. You're really on the control of damage.
Speaker 1: That you were trying to do damage control. I never said you asked me on a date. I talked about how I spoke about you and Kyle on the podcast. You didn't like what I was saying. I not once said that you asked me out on a date. Let's talk about you. Now, MO old enough to be my fucking dad, and you're out at Craigs. Sure a little sauce calling a thirty five year old a fucking liar on repeat. I really really had high hopes for you, dog, but you have continued to show me and everyone else that no matter how much money you have or how successful this real estate business is is, you are still a fucking loser. And I stand on that ten toes down for you, as a grown man father, a grown man who is a father to all girls, all girls. For you to go out and handle this the way you did, you should feel so embarrassed and ashamed. But why would someone like you feel embarrassed or ashamed. We've all seen you out and about doing whatever it is you do mid life crisis ying, over and over again. God make it end. No one wants to watch it anymore. You will not come for me like that. I'm a lot of things. I'm not a fucking liar. I didn't lie here. I will not. You will not catch me deadline because I believe in the universe, and the universe will always expose the truth. How fucking dare you you would think that a man who is as old as you are as old as you are and has a company that's worth multiple, multiple, multiple, hundreds of millions of dollars that you would have more to worry about than the Give Them La La podcast, now known as Untraditionally La La. I liked midlife crisises when they just involved a red Corvette. Go get a red corvette, all right? You guys are amazing. A reminder that a new episode of Untraditionally La La airs every Wednesday. You can catch the bonus on Mondays. And don't forget an Unlikely Affair with Myself and Amber Childers airs every Thursday at nine pm, or you can catch it the next day. I love you, guys, Bye bye to be