Speaker 1: The following.
Speaker 2: He is a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.
Speaker 3: Cowboys.
Speaker 2: This is Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by Jigsaw of Dating, preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys, and broadcasting live from Dallas Cowboys World Headquarters at the Star. Now your hosts, Christie Scales, Aisha Morrison, and Jess Navarrees.
Speaker 3: We're back. Welcome to Girls Talkboys Talk, presented by jigsa the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Christie Scales, Asian Morrison, Jess Navarre is here with you on this Thursday here in the beautiful SWBC Podcast Studios in Frisco, Texas. Ladies A Mischia, We're back and we are ready to go. Let's get right to it. There was a lot that we didn't get to talk about going to get into it. Let's start with your practice report first, because we just got that a little bit earlier. We're gonna jump right into it. We have our jar ready if we need it for any puns or anything. But here we go, all right. Dmouan Clark. He was limited today again with a shoulder injury. He was also limited on Wednesday, ric o'dowdell has a hip contusion. He did not participant on Wednesday, however, he was a full participant today. Jimmy I Dooga, dealing with a knee injury, participated fully in Wednesday and Thursday's practice. Peyton Hendershot did not participate with an ankle injury both yesterday and today. Malli Cooker a shoulder injury limited both Wednesday and Thursday. Ceedie Lamb he had a rest day. It also says me there as well. He didn't participate yesterday, however he was a full participant today. Zach Martin he rested as well, and then it also says Thigh He did not participate in Wednesday, however, full participant again on Thursday, and then Michael Parsons knee limited bold Wednesday, Thursday. Last, but certainly not least, save this one for everybody. Terren Smith did not participate on Wednesday, however, he was a full go on Thursday, leaving a lot of people hopeful. Ladies, we talked to some of the guys in the locker room ahead of Sunday's game. Sunday Night Football, your Dallas Cowboys will take on at the San Francisco forty nine ers. Christy, let's start with you. Let's get to this O line, because I think that's the biggest conversation right now is what this could look like. You're talking about an offensive line that has not played together for the entirety of this season at any point yet you can even go back to last season. It's been a while. What have you gotten from the O line, the guys you got to talk to in the locker.
Speaker 4: Room, what you heard, it's good news. And the fact that Tyrone's out there as a full participant. And then Zach you mentioned the thigh. That's the contusion. Of course, that ankle probably still doesn't feel very good, but the fact that he was full today that's awesome, and even too Adoga being able to participate fully. Tuma has actually had the second most snaps among the offensive linemen this year. Terrence Steele is the only one that has taken one hundred percent of snaps among the regular starters. And Tyler Smith spoke today and was just talking about how nice it is to have all of the five regulars we expect to be back. So it can't the timing can't be any better going against this San Francisco front seven, and particularly when you're going against Nick Bosa.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and them getting reps kind of I wouldn't say early in the week, but just things kind of being the game plan being installed and all of them being a part of it, I think is important for this week going up against a defensive line that does so much and moves guys on these fronts. Yeah, they got a lot of power on this offensive line, on this defensive line, so it'd be good for those I'm glad those guys got time to practice because communication is going to be so important given what the forty Niners like to.
Speaker 4: Do on defen Yeah, yesterday wasn't really a full practice. Normally, Wednesday and Thursday are your hard practices, you know, Wednesday's game, you know, install one first day of install, than a heavy another day on Thursday. And honestly, yesterday their Wednesday practice wasn't you know, wasn't a full one there, and so it was more like a heavy walkthrough. And so the fact that today that they were doing more. The other thing is coach is going to be using these Wednesdays moving forward. He's already started it. The first month of the season is going to go through the end of the regular season where he is giving these veteran days, so even guys like DeMarcus Lawrence who aren't on the injury report, given those guys easy days on Wednesday just to keep them fresh. And then just wanted to follow up, Jess, you mentioned CD Lamb with the knee. CD did talk to the media today and he says he's good to go, and you know, I'll be ready for Sunday.
Speaker 3: And he said it with a big smile. Oh yeah, as well. Good to mention there. Something I really look forward to is if this offensive line and you're starting five can be out there, is you start to see that continuity that you haven't gotten to see within this offensive line yet. Yes, you can have your rotation guys, you can have your swing guys, but when you get that solid line that can just continue to work together, grow that chemistry, grow that cadence, grow all of the rapport with each other to know those nonverbal cues, it's just going to make this offense stronger. And so really excited to see if that comes to fruition. Aisha, I'm gonna turn to you our local film expert here on Girls Talk, Boys Talk. You were talking about a very tough defensive line for this Dallas Cowboys offensive line to take on, no matter who's starting, we don't know yet. We really won't know probably until Saturday, if not right before the game. As well, when you look at this offensive line, or excuse me, this defensive line for the forty nine ers, obviously you have a Nick Bosa, you have a lot of weapons. How can the Dallas Cowboys offensive line neutralize what this line can do to be able to protect Dak Prescott and continue to allow not just the run game to establish, but eventually open at the passing game as well.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I went back and watched a couple of games, the Cardinals, the Rams, seeing what success they had against this forty nine ers defense. And it's really crazy because when you look at the forty nine ers, you assume that that defensive line is just dominant, dominant, dominant. And don't get me wrong, they have fantastic players. However, they've been struggling getting home. They're getting a lot of pressures. You're seeing a lot of pressures from Bosa, but it's not consistently that they're just getting home and having a lot of sacks.
Speaker 6: And when you look at what the Rams did.
Speaker 5: I was very surprised by how many times Matthew Stafford had clean pockets for a good amount of time. And so with the Cowboys, I think a lot of teams honor you know, just how aggressive you know that defensive line can be. Hey man, there's gonna be there should be passing opportunities there.
Speaker 6: And they also are on a team that.
Speaker 5: Blitz is a whole bunch because they have faith that they can get home with for so this offensive line, to me, the Cowboys offensive line just has to be stout and maybe not be so reactive to the fact that, hey, this defense plays up field, they're fast, they're aggressive, take advantage of that, screens things like that, getting these getting these guys out.
Speaker 6: In space, making them run. Their linebackers are fantastic. However, if you run at these guys.
Speaker 5: And if you get them in open space, we saw some success last year from Tony Pollard before he got injured as well, So I would go, I think there is opportunity there for this offense. But going against this defensive line, you just got to be I think you got to do some of the.
Speaker 6: Horizontal stuff and make them run, make them run.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you one hundred percent, and I think that they're gonna use the aggression against them, absolutely, and by that I mean the defensive backs too. Say that, yeah, and you're right about Stafford having some clean pockets. And then you look at last weekend and yeah, they took care of the Cardinals, but the Cardinals had a ninety nine yard drive in that game on offense, and then the second half they were moving the ball, So it's possible. But I was very interested by something coach McCarthy said today and then asked him about it in his walk off, and we had talked about vision defense, so we know that that that that's something that to expect, as they did back in week two. But he says the vision vision and the time clock is tied to the pass rush. So what that means is the defensive backs, as I used to says it, you know, they're expecting that the line is going to get to the quarterback and so they kind of have that timing in their head of Okay, I know Bosa, I know Armstead, I know Feral that I'm expecting these guys, if not to make the sack, to at least affect the passer so maybe jump a route, be aggressive. You're going to see some press coverage here, and so whether if you can if you can get blocking them. And those guys are being aggressive against your wide receivers in the pass routes, double moves, baby double moves, use the aggression against them. So Ceedee Lamb was asked about it today and he says, that's the thing is you know that they're going to be physical, and you know that with their pass rush, you might get three and a half seconds to do your route, but you ain't getting four right because because they're they're going to be coming. And so these wide receivers are very cognizant of that. They know it's going to be physical. They know that they can't be pushed off their route. But if they can just get that three and a half seconds and just get that just enough of an opening for Dak to get the ball in there, uh, you know, I think there are some chances for some place. And the other thing is when defense backs are very aggressive and they're going for the ball, if they don't get it, you've got a chance for yards after catch. If you can slip past that guy, then you know it's gonna be tough sledding against the forty nine ers, but it's also opportunities for some possible big plays.
Speaker 3: Yes, mam, there you go. I love that. Let's go ahead and take our first break. When't we come back, We're gonna continue to talk a little bit, uh Cowboys defense, forty nine Ers defense, Cowboys offense forty nine Ers offense. We're gonna talk about a little bit more insight we got in the locker room the last couple of days as well, so make sure to stick with us. This is girl's Talk, Boys Talk, presented by jigsa, the preferred dating part of the Dallas Cowboys, and we will be right back.
Speaker 7: We know that juicy, cheesy, grilled to perfection burger sounds amazing, but it does sound like something is missing.
Speaker 4: Pepsi, baby, the yin to this Burger's yang.
Speaker 7: Burgers and pepsi go together like well, like burgers and pepsi. This perfect blending of flavors makes every bite of let us, every sesame seed on the butt, and every sip of the Chris refreshing ice cold coola a journey to foutopia.
Speaker 4: Burgers better with pevsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 1: At Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home, but to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will.
Speaker 4: Put a ring on your finger.
Speaker 1: That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to curl Stock Boystock presented by Jigsaw, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. Let let's talk about the what party your Dallas Cowboys head to Santa Clara to take on the San Francisco forty nine ers in week five of the twenty twenty three season. Come out to the Miller Lighthouse at AT and T Stadium in October or on October eighth, excuse me for a free watch party presented by seven to eleven Ch're on the Boys alongside the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders and rowdy while enjoying five dollars, Miller Lights, barbecue, game day, fair and more. Gates open at six o'clock and kickoff is at seven to twenty. So for more information and to claim your free ticket, free free ticket bill ATTT, visit dallascowboys dot com, slash watch party and go Cowboys. Of course, free tickets. People no excuse not to be there unless you're not here. I mean, I guess that's a good excuse. But if you're here and you're able to go, those watch parties are a good time. It's gonna be a great game regardless.
Speaker 4: Can I say what I'm I'm just happy, lit. I am anxious to see if we can get through the pregame warm ups without any incidents because if you guys remember last year, I really had not seen this before in well back then it would have been twenty four years on the sideline. But the specialists are generally out there by themselves. So you'll have the kicker, the holder, and the deep snapper for both of the teams out there, and they take turns, you know, want to work on one side of the field, want to work on the other, and then they kind of cross paths, you know, switching other sides and stuff, and then some other players will come out there. But there's a good portion of pregame where it's just the specialists. So last year of this playoff game divisional round and there's Maher and Brian Anger and it can't even get through the warm ups, Trent Williams, who's the All Pro left tackle. They literally the forty nine ers are walking through the cowboy Brett Maher and as they're trying to set the ball and not like walking between you know, in the direct line of the snap, but alongside getting in the eye line of the players. It's kind of like in golf, you don't you don't get in the eye line of someone when they're putting or anything like that, and it's just like a man. And so there was tension before the game even kicked off. There was tension when it's just the specialists who are on the sideline out on the field and the rest of the team hadn't even come out there, and so actually the officiating crews weren't even out there yet. So it's like, I'm really anxious to see that there was a I know that Brian Anger and those guys that they were not happy with the way things went we had last season were anger and oh my gosh, trends, there's the pun Trent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's how try and get down, Yes, how you get that way that's who he is, so we'll see how they respond.
Speaker 6: That's something I definitely thought about as well.
Speaker 3: Thank thank you, thank you.
Speaker 6: I was waiting for my God.
Speaker 3: All right, let's continue on. No, Chris, you bring up a really good point, and a big topic of conversation with the guys in the locker room is how do you state you been killed when this is such an emotionally fueled game. Whether it is just a week five game to you, you see it that way or not, that can't erase the fact that there is history there, and not just the history with everything going in years past, but specifically these last two years with these teams and with very similar players, right, like you were just talking about with Trent Williams, and how much the last two years you have heard the guys in locker room talk about this bad taste they have in their mouth from losing to the same team that kind of has their number and that they know it and they're just so ready to slay that dragon and be done with that rhetoric and be done with the topic of conversation of you can't beat the forty nine ers. So the big question has been, well, how do you stay so even killed does this feel more like a playoff game? Really when you look at it, and I think it really depends on who you talk to. A lot of the guys will go in there. I liked what Ceedee Lamb said today. He said, if you talk about history too much, history is going to repeat itself. So we just kind of have to take it as what it is a Week five matchup. Jonathan Hankins earlier in the week had a conference call and he said, Yeah, this very much feels like a playoff game. So again, it just kind of depends on who you're talking to, But overall are stual. I'm going to go to you first for this. You talk to a lot of the guys today, Where are their minds that going into this game? And what kind of fuel did you get out of the locker room after picking their brains a little bit? What are you seeing from them?
Speaker 5: Just very to me, I felt a team that's very confident in their game plan, confident and their coaching, confident in their film study, which has been extensive. I think I even heard I don't know, I don't know, Phils Micha McCarthy, one of them just referenced just how much they did some extra hours of film study because this specifically also did Like this offense, the forty nine ers offense, it's complex, there's a lot going on, you know. So I feel like from what I got from talking to a lot of the players is that they're they are. It's a quiet confidence, it's not a boastful confidence, and say very much. So they've seen the've you you mentioned the point that a lot of the forty nine Ers hasn't changed. A lot of the cowboys on the offensive side has changed, but there just hasn't been a whole bunch of changes in certain things.
Speaker 6: So it's just like you got to go do it.
Speaker 4: You just got to go do it, you.
Speaker 6: Know what I'm saying.
Speaker 5: So that's that's the energy I've gotten from a lot of the guys. Quiet confidence, confident in their game plan and what they've done to get to this point, to get over that hump, this hump that you know we've been mentioning, it's quite confidence.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 3: How it was somebody in the locker room that I knew people were going to swarm a little bit as soon as he came in. That was Trey Lance, who, obviously, as you know, has a history with the San Francisco forty nine ers. So very similar to last week when Will Greer was in the chats for the Patriots side of things and we were having that conversation of how he could potentially help, you know, the Patriots kind of infiltrate the Cowboys systems and what he knows. Similar conversation with Tree Lance. Did you get to catch up with Trade today and hear kind of what he said about returning back.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Trey kind of he downplayed it a bit. He's like, yeah, but what he can provide is inside on why they're doing certain things and what they're looking for. So, you know, does he know the game plan and what to expect. No, but he can shed insight on a few things and it's helpful. But that's really as much for the coaches for anybody else. But it's mainly Cooper Rush that is pretending to be Brock Perdy this week, right, Because your backup quarterback runs the scout team, and so the first team defense during the week doesn't practice against the Cowboys first team offense. They practice against the practice squad guys and the backups on the fifty three man roster who are running plays off of cards. It's called running off cards, and they are running forty nine ers plays, at least plays that the cow Boys coaches think that the forty nine ers are going to run. So Cooper Rush would do most of this week pretending to be brought party, and then Trey Lance would presumably get a few. That's how it generally works on a regular week. But let's hope that we don't see Trey Lance in this game because he's going to be the emergency third quarterback again as he is through the first four weeks. So the only way that you would see Trey Lance in this game is if both Dak Prescott and Cooper Rush were both injured and not able to return to action.
Speaker 3: You know what I thought was interesting, I'm gonna go to you for this one too, is you heard DeMarcus Lawrence talking about getting to spend some time with Trey Lance as he went into some of the defensive meetings to kind of give his insight in his thoughts. I thought that was really cool. Yeah, there as well, aisha. When it comes to somebody like DeMarcus Lawrence, who is just such an impactful player for being a veteran that he is, he sets the tone, he's quick with it. How can both him and Michael Parsons really really shine in this game? What do they have to do to be able to get that pass rush or earn it like they like to say, earn that pass rush. What are some of the key things you noticed as far as the forty nine ers offense goes. How can this d line on the opposite side of things we're talking about the Cowboys D line earn that pass rush and go from there.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think Tank mentioned, you know, staying in the backfield with them, you know, just living in the backfield and the way.
Speaker 6: That you do that, especially with the forty nine ers.
Speaker 5: They are a slide of hand offense, I would say, is that they are looking to get your eyes.
Speaker 6: Looking one way and go on the other way.
Speaker 5: One thing that also makes them unique is the fact that they run double motion rather so it's a secondary motion.
Speaker 6: So most offenses you'll see a guy kind of go in.
Speaker 5: Motion it's for the other team to get some information. No, these guys their motion in two sometimes three times on the line of scrimmage. And so with the defense, when DeMarcus Lauren says we just have to play our keys, he's being very literal. It's it's very difficult to do to be disciplined in that way. But they have to just be disciplined and play their assignment because the forty nine ers are trying to get you to just slide a little bit to the left, a little bit to the right, one guy be out of position, and then they're getting yakyards. So when you're to answer your question with someone like a DeMarcus Lawrence, that's where he thrives. He is fantastic against the run. He's such a cerebral player, so intelligent.
Speaker 4: If he can lead with just.
Speaker 5: Playing his keys, getting making sure guys are in the right spot, there's gonna be plays there.
Speaker 6: But also too, the right.
Speaker 5: Tackle for the forty nine ers has had a little bit of trouble. I think it's I don't want to ruin his name, mckis mckivts. Yeah, I mean he's he's given up quite a few pressures for sacks. He's he's a gentleman that's still trying to figure out things as well there and so I expect for DeMarcus Lawrence to take advantage of some of those opportunities well as well.
Speaker 4: The defense sure tackling is the number one thing this weekend because they get so many yards after contact, so many yards after catch. And the other thing is and this is something that dan Quinn was talking about Monday, and we referenced it briefly on Monday afternoon, but I went through and transcribed because I think this is really important because he was talking about see Kyle Shanahan, he calls the plays for the forty nine ers and his dad, Mike Shanahan winning those Super Bowls with the Broncos back in the nineties, you know, and Mike Shanahan his run game and the way that they did things. That's not how Kyle does things anymore. It's a different kind of thing run and so instead a gap scheme, you know, that's the instead of I'm sorry, Mike ran zone schemes and Kyle runs more gap schemes. But here's the thing. What they do a great job of, according to dan Quinn, is making their play their pass plays look like their run play. So he says, if your pass plays don't look like your run game, they're really not that effective. But one of the things that Kyle and his father certainly had was their run looked like the keepers coming out. The power looked like the trap passes coming down the field. So when you can marry a run, look, you marry that to a pass protection look, and that's where they get the advantage. So what does that mean for the defense? It means if you're a linebacker, you can't hesitate in this game. If it's you're going to have to go downhill. Dan says, to do that run, but you're going to have to be decisive. You can't hesitate because they'll pull a bet and they'll pop it right over you.
Speaker 6: And that's what Michael said.
Speaker 5: That's what Micah when I touch base with him today when I was asking him just about some of the things that they do where they bring a full back or wide receiver whatever across the line and they trap, Like how do you stop that? And how do you do you try to get ahead of that or behind that? And he's like, no, you just got to go do it. You can't be hesitant with this offense. I mean, yeah, you can't be hesitant. They have to be decisive and just go make the play. Like whatever you see, trust that, Trust that, because what they want you to do is second guess yourself and ye out a position, so just a lot of When you talk about sound football, DeMarcus Lawrence is one of the absolute best, and so I really think if he leads in that right to play sound, the.
Speaker 6: Rest of the guys will follow. Sudan, It'll be a good game.
Speaker 3: You know what I think is so interesting too about this game. And Dan Quinn is actually the one that brought this up. He was asked about the versatility within the forty nine ers offense of guys that can play different positions. Right, so you have tight ends that can play receiver, you have just really everything. And he said, well, our guys can do that too on this side of the fall. So it's versatility versus versatility, which is a pretty rare matchup considering that's really hard to do. You know, you hear about Dan's defense being able to be so versatile when you have your linebackers that can be safeties and vice versa and you can kind of move guys around like that, that's a really hard task to do. It sounds easy when you're just talking about it day to day and you're like, oh, look Bell is now playing safety, and you just don't really think about how difficult that is for these guys to do. But when you're able to play those mind games. We talked about this on this podcast last year, and Dan Quinn is so good at keeping people guessing because you don't really know what's coming. Forty nine Ers offense is able to do that on the offensive side of the ball. So you really have a great matchup with the versatility that you're able to just play within this game. And I think that's so intriguing about this matchup specifically.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, there are very few defenses that can match up as well as the Cowboys can match up against all of those weapons that the forty nine ers have. And one thing Micah said is that Christian McCaffrey, they're running back who's leading the league in rushing yards. That he's he's just as good as a wide receiver that sometimes you want to put a defensive back on him, you know, he's that good at running routes.
Speaker 3: Christian McCaffrey, by the way, this season alone already has forty two points. He is that red zone threat that you have to contain. You have to contain him, especially in the red zone. Look, man will find the end zone. Oh yeah, find it?
Speaker 4: How good is he he broke Jerry brought Jerry Rice's team record for consecutive games with a touchdown. So that's that's not only how prolific he's been, but how consistent he's been dating back to last season. That was one of the that's going to go down as one of the great in season trades, I think in NFL history. Getting Christian McCaffrey the way that they did from Carolina last year, what a great move.
Speaker 5: Now that offense runs through him, I mean, it's it's hard to grant it like they're gonna make plays and things like that, but it's he is such an important part of what they do. And they depend on their running backs a lot and running their running backs do a lot.
Speaker 6: Of their work in the open field.
Speaker 5: And Kyle used check a dying breed in this league being a real full back, but he can do so much as a tight end. They use him so much in blocking and blocking schemes. He's almost an extra lineman, you know. So I'm also just looking at, you know, with the forty nine ers offense, they really want to cost traffic. They do a lot of crossers and and where.
Speaker 6: They're trying to get your guys.
Speaker 5: They're trying to do like involuntary rub routes and things like that.
Speaker 4: They're trying to Oh, they're not involuntary.
Speaker 3: They're not trying to be fair.
Speaker 6: Look, look, I'm trying to be fair.
Speaker 4: What's the difference between a pick and a rub route.
Speaker 6: It's just the way you say, Yeah, if.
Speaker 4: You're on offense, it's a rub route because that's legal. If you're on defense, you were picked and it should have been a flag. That's the difference between a pick and a rub.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 6: And so they run a lot of that type of stuff.
Speaker 5: And so you know, one of the Cowboys are heavy man team and one of the heaviest like running man teams in NFL. I'm really wondering if they're gonna maybe run a little bit more zone, you know, to be able to maybe do some vision defense, maybe make brock Purty have to fit balls in small places, because when you play man against this team, you really play into their hands in the way that they like to clog the line of scrimmage and cluster guys together. So for this defense to be successful, I really think that that might be something we see more than what we've seen this year is them running more zone concepts.
Speaker 4: I'm curious to see what you think of Brock party What do you think.
Speaker 5: I think the guy has Uh, he's played incredibly efficient.
Speaker 6: They're running an offense for him.
Speaker 5: That for I'm not gonna knock a young player for having help and figuring things out and sorting through things. He's not afraid to take some chances, you know, throwing the ball downfield. It's just they've they've made it to where he does not have to do a whole bunch of decision making and he's definitely just getting.
Speaker 6: The ball in hands of his playmakers.
Speaker 5: I think his accuracy is improved a lot too from last year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if I can steal something from Mark Sanchez, who spent a year here with the Cowboys as the former Jets for you know, first round pick quarterback in the league for many years, And he was working the game for CBS last week, and he had the best analogy for Brock Perdy. And that's something that we've kind of talked about before. But it's being the proverbial point guard and that he just he's got so many weapons and gets the ball out so quickly, and that West Coast it's not the exact same West Coast that Mike McCarthy runs. But it's what have we been talking about this whole offseason and going into this season. Get the ball out quickly and let the guys make plays. Get it to them in space. That's what they've been doing so beautifully with Purdy in San Francisco. But ash do y'all's point, he'd get it downfield too, and Iyuk is something and Deebo Samuel, he hasn't really been healthy. We haven't seen like the real debo this year. But oh my gosh, let's hope that he stays undeboi ish at least for another weekend undevo.
Speaker 3: Deebo was on the practice report yesterday for the forty nine ers. I haven't gotten today's just yet, but Deebo was on the practice report and I'm trying.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think he's battling shoulders.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he says right here. On Wednesday, he was limited with ribs and knee ribs.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's a tough one. A wide receiver.
Speaker 5: He got dropped a couple of games. Yeah, and he's been he's been, has been the same. Now he's been struggling with that. But yeah, it's you mentioned Auk and those guys.
Speaker 4: Oh, he's a freak.
Speaker 5: Don Bland is gonna They're gonna think that matchup is gonna be cool because they played against each other in college.
Speaker 4: You think they're gonna travel brand Deron Bland Maybe rather.
Speaker 5: Him, Okay, I would rather have to deal with him because Brandon, I you, out of his out of his releases.
Speaker 6: His route running has just improved so much.
Speaker 5: And when they do, I mean, they're not a lot of shots down field, but when they do their effective because people are again they're biting on what's going on at the line of scrimmage and all the decoration stuff I call it decoration.
Speaker 4: Yeah, decorations, window dresses, sprinkles.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: Brandon ayaka three hundred and twenty yards so far this season. He is seventeen of twenty targets. He averages about eighteen point eight yards per carry.
Speaker 6: Minds, you play three.
Speaker 3: Games this season, not four, so imagine if that was four games. He has two touchdowns. His longest reception so far has been forty two yards.
Speaker 5: One thing about party though, One thing that Mike McCarthy I heard him mention. You know, when we talk about the turnover battle is that the statistics show that there's more turnovers coming from from fumbles and.
Speaker 6: From quarterbacks.
Speaker 5: And one thing about party, he's put the ball on the ground. He will put the ball on the ground, not just this year. They haven't been recovered, but he's done it. He's done it four times.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's something.
Speaker 5: That's why, that's why I felt like DeMarcus Moore said, you gotta go take it.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you gotta go take it.
Speaker 4: So it's great.
Speaker 3: Let's go ahead and take our next break. When we come back, we have a special guest to introduce to you here on the podcast, and we of course have to talk about our predictions who we think is going to have a big game. So, ladies, I'm gonna give your heads up and I'm gonna let you think about it this time. I'm not just gonna spring it on you when we come back. Make sure to stay tuned. Like I said, we have a lot to talk about and you're not gonna want to miss you. Our special guest is This is Girls Talk, Boys Talk, presented by Jig South, the preferred dating partner to Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Stick with us at Jigsaw Dating. We obviously want the Cowboys to bring that sixth ring home. But to be honest, we're more focused on finding the person who will put a ring on your finger. That's why we created a dating app that reveals your face through meaningful conversation so you can date deeper, because it's personality that matters the most, not looks. Join Jigsaw Dating Today, Dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys.
Speaker 4: You know that sound anywhere.
Speaker 7: It's the crisp crunch, that first nacho chip with its perfect cheese to sour cream ratio, sitting atop a layer of delicious beans. It's a sip away from perfection.
Speaker 3: That's what we're looking for.
Speaker 7: Add a delicious, refreshing pepsi, and we've achieved absolute nacho nirvana. Because while you can pile those nachos high with every spicy, cheesy, savory topping, there's no topping of cool PETSI finish.
Speaker 4: Nachos better with pepsi. That's what I like.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to you, Girls, Talk Boys Talk presented by Jeeks Out, the preferred dating partner of the Dallas Cowboys. We have a special guest here, but we have to read this first. I'll introduce you. Check out the latest and greatest addition to tours at AT and T Stadium and at the store and Frisco, Meet Jerry Jones, an interactive experience, get a peek behind the curtain and into the fascinating life of Jerry Jones. With a focus on innovative fan experience. In partnership with AT and T, this interactive technology gives to our goers the opportunity to ask mister Jones a variety of questions for more information and to book your visit to visit dllascowboys dot com splash tours. All right, well you may have noticed we have somebody else here on this table, our fourth seat filled. This is Nicole Hutchinson. And Nicole is your new Dallas Cowboys team reporter. We are so excited to have you on. Thank you for joining us. She's going to be here with us on the podcast every day now. So we are welcoming in here, welcoming her in here with open arms to all of our crazy Shenanigan Cole.
Speaker 8: Thank you all so much. I've been watching you guys for the past couple of weeks, so I'm like, oh my god, you guys are so awesome. Looking forward to working with you guys.
Speaker 6: Every day.
Speaker 3: We're so excited. So tell us a little bit about your background. Where did you come from? All the good things, all things to call? What do we need to know?
Speaker 8: Gotcha? So I came from a sports anchor reporter, local TV background. So I started off in Alexandria, Louisiana when I graduated from college at Howard University, and then I went on to work at the Tennis Channel for like a couple of weeks, did some work with them, and then I landed a spot as a sports anchor reporter at Lexington, Kentucky, covering the University of Kentucky, women's basketball, football, men's basketball.
Speaker 1: So pretty much all those sports.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, now I'm here. Man. Kentucky has been on fire with their football. Everyone thinks of it as a basketball school man.
Speaker 8: The past two years they've Last year was a little downfall after the year before. But this year I feel like they got Georgia this week. I know Patrick with noc is gonna hear me and say this, but I think they're gonna get the dope against Georgia.
Speaker 3: They're playing really well.
Speaker 8: Yeah yeah, fine words, I know, I know. I'm confident in those boys. They've got a lot of talent on that team, so said, I don't want you want to miss it, but I'm here covering the Cowboys.
Speaker 4: Yeah, if you're originally, if you're from Louisiana or had time there, you have your allegiance has always been to the Cowboys. Or so I'm from Houston, Texas.
Speaker 8: We go coming out.
Speaker 6: I respect what the mico got going on over there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, like they're on their way back from Galveston, Texas. So originally so you know respect.
Speaker 8: Yes, my mom though her side of the family, they're all Dallas Cowboys fans, so when they knew I got the job, they were screaming and hollering. But no, I've been a Houston Texas fan. Grew up technically as a Chicago Bears fan because my dad played.
Speaker 3: For the Bears.
Speaker 8: But after that, go yeah, then I kind of was like, let me switch over to the Texans, and now I'm gonna be a Cowboys fan.
Speaker 3: I can feel it. I feel it coming, feel it, Bruin. Well, Nicole, you just started, and so what has been the you were in the locker room today, what has been the thing? That's what a week to start? First of all, let's start there. What has been the thing that has stood out to you the most from this team, just what you've seen in the locker room and what you've gathered about them going into this Week five matchup.
Speaker 8: I'd say they're confidence. Every single time you talk to a player, just hear a player talk, you hear how they're so confident in this week.
Speaker 6: And I actually got a chance to ask Dak.
Speaker 8: I was like, listen, I know you're probably tired of hearing about, you know, the last two playoff losses to.
Speaker 6: The forty nine ers.
Speaker 8: But he was like pretty much, you know you're thinking about what he was saying, but no, I know he was probably like, you know, underlying, I know, they're just confident and ready to prove a lot of people wrong because they're going in as the underdogs for the first time this year. So yeah, I think that confidence is like the biggest thing that I've gathered from this team.
Speaker 6: Yeah, we called it quiet. It's like a quiet confidence.
Speaker 5: It's not boastful, but it's like I trust my game plan, I trust my I trust my teammates, and it's it's just that's the energy I felt this week too.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's a different team from the way that that game ended or even part way through the game, because when Tony Pollard suffered the ankle injury and that that game that basically after he went out, that offense was kind of like a car that you get stuck in the mud and you're spinning the tires, but you're not getting anywhere. And so not only is Pollard back and the number one back and healthy going into this game, and by the way, Rico Daubdell being able to practice today inspite of the hip injury, that's important. But Brandon Cooks, you know, we haven't really seen him unleashed yet. And so I this is this offense for the Cowboys. As good as they were last year, they weren't. Yeah, that wasn't the full thing that we saw in that divisional round game. So I'm super excited for Sunday.
Speaker 3: Absolutely. And you know what I find so interesting we talked about this earlier this week, was Michaelcarthy hasn't had to show his full hand yet, and this is the perfect opportunity that if you want to show your full hand and what exactly your team can do. Everything he's been building up for this team to do that in this game. I mean, you're talking about Brandon Cooks. He hasn't gotten Cooken yet.
Speaker 4: My gosh, I felt that would.
Speaker 7: She knew it?
Speaker 4: There you go, oh gosh, oh, I'm sorry, I'm running out of coins.
Speaker 3: Yes, Christy, take up second mortgage.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: But my point is you haven't seen it yet because you haven't had to. And you have what a good problem to have is you have just this room full of playmakers that you didn't know this. You know, the last time these two teams met, you didn't know what your wide receiver group would look like. You didn't know what your tied end group was capable of. And they're coming together as well. On that side too, your running back group, you didn't know. You wouldn't have Ezekiel Elliott, who was banged up the last time that they played, and he really was trying to take that full load in this previous game. Tony Pollard goes out and your momentum shifts and then it just kind of went from there. But now you also have these guys that, as much as they say this is just another game, they want that monkey off their back. They don't want to talk about it anymore. And like you said, Nicole, I loved your question to dak today. All right, we have about five minutes left. So one thing I want to post to the table is there's still two kryptonites of the Dallas Cowboys team that seem to haunt them, if you will, when it comes to their losses or just not their best showing, one being the run defense and then the other one being the red zone woes and not capitalizing in the red zone. I shall start over here with you. What can the offense do to make sure that the red zone conversation is put to bed this week? What do they need to do in the red zone, specifically against his forty nine ers defense man.
Speaker 5: Listen, I'm trying to see some rpo. I'm trying to see Dad get some touches down there. I'm trying to see them, you know, with this offensive line being put together, we'll see how they run the ball down there. But something's got to give. I mean, the forty nine Ers are twenty third in red zone scoring rate, so it's people are scoring sixty six percent down there on them. So that's kind of where they get a little fluky. Cowboys are ranked thirtieth at thirty six thirty six point eighty four in the red zone as far as a scoring percentage, So that battle right there is like it's pivotal to what the turnout of this game is going to be. For me, it's it's really just seeing a little bit more of the r PO. If you look at some of the previous games, it looks like there's been opportunities there for Dak. I want them to take them. Because the forty nine ers are an aggressive defense. They get upfield, the middle of that the middle of that defense sometimes is open just because those guys are so aggressive, So RPO go some of that in there.
Speaker 6: For me, I want to see some of that from my quarterback.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just want to see Tony Pollard play a full game against them because I'm really excited about that. And when you talk about them all tight ends and then them really stepping up and targeting them, that that's really going to help in your red zone, not just for this game, but through the season.
Speaker 8: I want to see those wide receivers actually get a huge game. I know Ceedee Lamb that first touchdown targeted to a wide receiver last week, So I really want to see these wide receivers and Brandon Cooks he has not I'm not going to say it he's out had a gem. No, I'm not going to say. I'm not going to say we haven't seen a lot out of him. But that's why they got him, you know, for games like these. So I really want to see these wide receivers have a big game.
Speaker 3: You know what I want to see And I'm bouncing off of Christy here with Tony Pollard. I want to see your other running back special packages that you have with the Duce Vaughn and a Hunter Lipkey in the red zone. I think a Hunters that unspoken hero are overly spoken if you get on Twitter and they're praising him, calling him governor President Lipke on Cowboys Twitter. But I want to see those special packages that you hear about that that they haven't we just haven't seen yet. I want to see a little bit of more Deuce Vaughn in there as well, But overall, I just want to see what the solution is. Who's your red zone guy? I want to see that starting to be established this week going for I don't think it needs to.
Speaker 4: You need to be one, yeah, multiple multiple BIS game for this game, and yeah, to see somebody because with the matchups it could be a different guy each week. And that's what's so wonderful is you have so many weapons versatility. But here's the thing, whatever it's going to be, who wins the takeaway battle? Why do we last year? What did I say every week going into a game Homeever? Why should turnover battle? Well, dang it with this one, they've only had one giveaway. The Cowboys have only had one giveaway, So you can there are so many weapons on each side of the ball both of these teams. You cannot give away your possessions and give them extra ones.
Speaker 3: Let's go around the table. Who do you expect to have a big game?
Speaker 6: Yeah, y'all already said it. But uh, Brandon Cooks.
Speaker 5: I mean there's a lot of opportunity in this secondary to take advantage shallow crossers, things of that nature. I think that he should be able to sit in some of those zones and do some things there.
Speaker 6: Savvy, really savvy. But this is again, this is an aggressive forward playing defense.
Speaker 5: Run past them, run past them, show that threat and go ahead, and you know.
Speaker 6: Just go ahead and do it, like I'm ready to just see it.
Speaker 5: So Brandon Cooks is really one of the guys that I think could open up this offense for the rest of the whole game if they even just go at them early in a deep pass.
Speaker 6: So let's do.
Speaker 8: It, Pickybacking off of that, I'm going with Ceedee Lamb though you haven't seen the best of him yet this season, just because he hasn't been targeted that much, so I want to see him actually be explosive. He's one of the fastest receivers out in the league, so I want to see him. I think he's gonna have a lot of success this week, especially by the way that he was so confident in the locker room earlier when we got a chance to.
Speaker 1: Talk to him.
Speaker 4: I'm gonna go defensive side of the ball, and I'm actually been vacillating between Layton vander esh because you talk about going downhill and stopping the run and yep, But then I'm thinking Donovan Wilson or jay Ron. Curse jay Ron with the way that you can do that. Okay, if you shocked, you can do Donovan, And I'll go with jay Ron. How about that, Jess, who you're going to go with.
Speaker 3: I'm going with Jake Ferguson. Fergie ferg you saw him getting warmed up last week, and that's because he's getting ready to go. He's getting ready for takeoff. You need that yack ability with this game. This is a game a gardage. You need it. You need to be able to push through. You can I afford to get behind the sticks at any point in this game. Shoot yourself in the foot, no self inflicted wounds. And Jake Ferguson is going to make sure you're always pushing for that extra yardage, even if it's on a third down situation, what have you. I'm expecting maybe he doesn't get the most receptions, but he's going to give you very very good receptions when.
Speaker 4: He can move the sticks, move the sticks.
Speaker 8: I just want to change on change, change.
Speaker 4: Jonathan Hankins, Yes, the difference maker.
Speaker 5: Like talk to him in the locker room today and he is just so happy to be here to be a part because I didn't even think about, like they were so stout against the run last year with the forty nine ers. They shut down that stuff, and he was coming off of an injury, he was coming off of a pex strain, so him not even being one hundred percent and him clogging up that lane and then making such a difference for those linebackers to play free and those safeties. And Jonathan Hankins is a guy that I think is gonna make a difference to Tater tots y'all.
Speaker 4: I mean, dang, this is the last quarter. No more puns or taters or barnacles.
Speaker 7: Y'all.
Speaker 6: Gotta let us curse in Peace's word.
Speaker 3: Well, I would rather say that, not actually curs. I don't want to go away out what the tots? Yeah, okay, you know we're gonna have to come up with something for you for this pun jar. So anybody has any suggestion, no part, you'll leave it in the comments.
Speaker 4: Hey we got enough. We can get like two orders of Tater.
Speaker 6: Talks so far.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you Nicole for joining us. She's gonna be here with us starting Monday every day, so you're not gonna see the last of her today. Welcome her with open arms. Where can they follow you on Twitter?
Speaker 8: I'm in Hutchison TV.
Speaker 3: There you go, follow her, give her all the love. Welcome her to our girls, Talk Boys Talk Family, Ladies. We have come to the end of our time here on the podcast. It goes by quick when you're having a good time. But thank you all so much for joining us. We appreciate everybody that listens to us every week. We'll be back here, same time since lace Monday morning, on Monday afternoon, oh my goodness, Monday afternoon at four o'clock, tell Uscowboys dot com for aisha, which is this way. Christy, Nicole and Jess. We appreciate y'all so much. Have a great rest of your day, Stay safe watching the game wherever you're watching it. Go Cowboys and carpe Amnia.
Speaker 2: This has been a production of Dallascowboys dot Com and the Dallas Cowboys Football Club.