Speaker 1: Welcome everyone to episode whatever it is of the DraftKings Fade this podcast. Matt Jones, Drew Franklin, thank all of you are regular listeners for tuning in. I will say again, if you're a regular listener, if you haven't done it yet, pause it and give us some stars on the machines there and rate it and like it so that it continues to grow. We've had a week over week increase every week, which is good. And Drew is here, Drew for people around the country or even if they're just here. The big story in Kentucky has been how bad the University of Louisville basketball team photo is. But then changed it and now they have a different photo. But if you, if you get a chance, google Louisville basketball team photo because it has given me a lot of joy.
Speaker 2: Yes, glad they got their retake. You want you want to get that photo just right?
Speaker 1: Think they retook it or just redid it because it has a different uniform.
Speaker 2: It's Clara. It was a separate event. I mean they had to so you think they did a separate event. They had to it. He wouldn't have worn a jersey one minute and been like, Okay, we did one picture in that jersey.
Speaker 1: Chance they just photoshopped the new jersey onto the old.
Speaker 2: Now that that's a possibility. They photoshopped out the wrinkles. It's heavily edited. Yeah.
Speaker 1: See with this AI stuff, Billy, you don't know anymore. You don't know what you see. You know, my mom sent a picture to me of that little girl with the dog in the hurricane everywhere. She was like, you know, my mom really likes emoji's on her art, so like she sent a picture of that dog and that little girl floating on the boat and it was just like teary face, teary face. And I was like, Mom, you know that pictures not not real? And she said, well, how do you know? And I said, because it's not There have been stories about how it's not real. It looked like Pixar to me. Yeah, And she said, well how am I supposed to know? And I don't know how to answer that with my mom. I was like, well, where did you see it? And she goes, you know, Sarah sent it to me. And I'm like, well, then maybe don't just get pictures from Sarah and assume that they're their ride.
Speaker 2: Are you? Are you saying that Hey, wait, that's gonna be a big problem forever. But are yeah, are you saying Louisville needed AI to.
Speaker 1: I just don't know, Like I don't I don't know what I think. Like on the team photos, why don't they just put purpose Ellison in it? Like, I mean, how are you going to know?
Speaker 2: I mean one guy did his physique really improved from what was a guy?
Speaker 1: In one photo looks like maybe he should have been in the gym more. And in the other one he's like flexing and he's the ultimate warrior. And I don't know which one it is. I'm for it, you know, if you want to make make that happen for me. I had a friend, a female friend, say to me, Matt, we have to get you moisturizing.
Speaker 2: Okay, and you should. You should moisturize. It's something I never considered before. So you gonna help with the aging process, does it? Yeah? I mean you can't do you moisturize? I mean I put lotion on my face. I guess that would be considered. So she as sunscreen every day. I'm a big sunscreen so she.
Speaker 1: Got me moisturizer. I've been moisturizing. I feel I don't feel a huge difference in my day to day moving me. But I mean I probably look six seven years younger. And then in the last three days.
Speaker 2: Have you been carted recently? A while since I've been carted.
Speaker 1: But uh yeah, So I'm so just so people know, if if you want to factor this into your your picks, I'm moisturizing.
Speaker 3: Would you say you wear sunscreen every day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But every day? Yeah, Like you just get up out of the house and put on sunscreen. Yeah, it's like a lotion. I mean I really have five days a week. I mean I forget it some days.
Speaker 3: Does the sun hate you or what's it's good for you?
Speaker 2: It's healthy. Everyone should do it. Wow, I didn't know you did You were this skin kind of you?
Speaker 1: How do you think I remained this beautiful? I mean I hadn't thought about it one way or the other. I didn't think about your beauty, honestly, but I didn't.
Speaker 2: So every bad. So you get up in the morning and you just put on sunscreen, Yeah, I mean I brush my teeth, put on deodorant. If I need to shave the neck a little bit under the beard, I'll hit that. Got it. Gotta look good there, and then I just have a little bit of lotion. Thoughts. Do a lot of people do that now?
Speaker 3: Not sunscreen.
Speaker 1: I know that people put on lotion, and I understand the moisturizing. I got heavy duty moisturizer because I'm gonna get really moist but I didn't think of it. But I only put on sunscreen when I'm gonna play golf.
Speaker 2: I probably I used to be that way.
Speaker 1: I probably should have warn some sunscreen this summer because I was in the summer a lot, or in the sun a lot in Europe.
Speaker 2: This sounds good for you, but it can aige you that it'll add some wrinkles. Yeah, well, I'm i'm uh. These are my These are my tips for people who are wondering though. Like you could feel the moisture right now when you walked in. I' you're thinking I was glowing. Yeah, well, thank you. I even sure it was you. It was like an AI version of you had gone back in time.
Speaker 3: That'd be a good TikTok your skincare routine, man.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean every time that's that made Like alex Earl famous get ready with Me? Is that she get ready with me? Mike get ready with me would be pretty quick. Get ready with me? I wake up? Where's my hoodie? I wake up, take my seizure medication, brush my teeth. Okay, then I go shower. No shower, No shower? Uh No, I shower, and then uh put in my contact.
Speaker 2: He's exactly. I've laid out the hoodie the night because the.
Speaker 1: Night before you put it next to the and put it back on. Technically, I lay the hoodie out. I've already got the shoes picked for the day, and then you know, we go. So Mike, get ready with me would be a I don't know.
Speaker 2: Be very informative for people, but maybe we should all record one. You know, I have about an hour in a robe and then get ready with me. I have my robe moments. Wait, man, it takes you an hour to get ready? No, but I don't just hop up and get ready. I go down and get my coffee, watching right on chose board. Maybe do a blog all the time. Do you wake up? Uh? It varies some mornings. If I wake up and it's like five thirty and I, you know, you're kind of alert, I'll just make myself stand up. But that's not like I do that often. I'd say on average about seven seven o'clock, so you do get a lot more done than before I wake up. Well, that's kind of new to me, and I've learned the day is so much better when you've just even if you've just done to just check a couple of whiles.
Speaker 1: It's also this now for the last week, if part of my get ready routine, I've had to clean my wound. So you think that would be something people want to see. I take the lotion and clean my wound.
Speaker 3: No, I don't need to see the pus oozing out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, each morning it's beautiful. So I don't know what let's see it? What other this is? Whatever you do, put it. Have Mario stay at your house one night. I'll be he's got to wake up maybe a mile before day, Braxton Barrios. If I do this, that's a much better segment than last week, where I confessed to murdering lobster that haunted me all week. That's how I know our podcast someone's listening because I was called a lobster murderer several times. Since we pretty sad what you were doing to the lobsters.
Speaker 1: I had massive week, gamely best week this in week two were my week. I was down to my last twenty five dollars in DraftKings and now twelve hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 2: Beautiful.
Speaker 1: That's the way it goes from twenty five to twelve to fifty in a weekend. I'm gonna admit to you right for the game, as a hedge against my heart, I bet on Vanderbilt.
Speaker 2: Gross. It's dirty money, that's blood money. I wouldn't want that money because.
Speaker 1: I just like, and we lose. Yeah, I felt like, if we lose to vander but I'm gonna be sad, so let's just get this over with. And uh And I didn't want to win, but I want.
Speaker 2: I did not make that bet. But I'm also a little bit of here. I have cashed out on draft kings three times in two weeks for moisturizer. Yeah, just just to pay my robe and moisturizer bill. It's unscreen. Do you really walk around your house in a robe about it? You know, early in the morning, I mean, what are you, Hugh Hefner, You know what, I think I got it for Christmas a couple of years ago. And I laugh, and I got it, you know, like I'll throw it on kind of a robe guy. After giving I can't not imagine walking around in a robe with There's been moments I've considered going to the mailbox.
Speaker 1: You're not.
Speaker 2: When I got it, is like, what am I supposed to do with this? It's a robe? What am I gonna do with the robe? And I just keep getting further further? All right, well, mister robe over next week? All right?
Speaker 1: So what were our records last week? Did I do as well on this as I did on the on the on my app?
Speaker 3: Not as great but positive? Again? You both were six and six in college last week, Matt, you were six and two in the NFL?
Speaker 2: What what?
Speaker 3: And Drew is five and three? So totals twelve and eight and eleven and nine. Matt had the edge there.
Speaker 2: How are we continually good at the NFL when that's one of the hardest things.
Speaker 1: To be First of all, I think I should remind you that I do the NFL for show. I'm just you are talking to an expert in the NFL, and you always skip over that I've been hired for my NFL expertise.
Speaker 2: You're right, I guess I'm just looking more in the mirror. You know, the NFL is supposed to be one of the hard ones to do, and year after year we perform well in the NFL.
Speaker 1: So I need you to give me my overall record against the spread this year in gameling.
Speaker 2: It's pretty astoun.
Speaker 3: It's fifty six forty three and.
Speaker 1: One and thirteen games over five hundred drew is forty nine to fifty in one each week.
Speaker 2: I'm crawling back in one way.
Speaker 1: I mean, did they give Hall of Fame plaques for picking against the spread on DraftKings podcast.
Speaker 2: I'm not to give you money. Fifty six forty three and one is objectively very good.
Speaker 3: That is a good record, And you're right about the NFL. I mean, you guys started hot last year on the NFL picks as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think even going back years, we've, for some reason, our NFL number records have always done well. I did.
Speaker 1: I mean, you know, on ESPN we just pick winners, we don't pick against the spread. But I was eleven and one I think this week. So you know it's the thing is, I don't expect those of you all that don't have the in depth knowledge. Yeah. I enjoy watching Monday Night because I watched Red zone, and I enjoy watching Monday night football games to learn who's on teams. Okay, I was surprised to hear that Demorrow Hamlin was back in the league. Yeah, he made a big tackle against the Bengals earlier this year. I saw him in the Jets game, and I was like, that's a great story.
Speaker 2: Like I did. I knew he like was fine, but I didn't know he was like playing. I said, Bengals wasn't the game. It was a big game. He made a big play.
Speaker 1: He made a big game play in the Jets game too, He made a big tackle.
Speaker 2: They were trying to run around the edge. You're a red zone guy.
Speaker 1: Red zone at the one o'clock games. It depends sometimes red zone, sometimes the main game at four. I'm usually kind of tired of Chris collins Worth after a half and then Monday Night all in on the Manning cast. I would seen every minute of the first You can't make.
Speaker 2: Me miss the Mannings in Belichick together and who would have thought.
Speaker 1: I didn't like any of the Mannings or Belichick when they played, but together, I really like it. I think that's so good.
Speaker 2: You know, Belichick's a lot more open than I expected him to be. He says things. I'm like, I can't believe he said that. Just a guy that would say nothing to the media when he coached. He'll reveal some secrets, and I.
Speaker 1: Think I like hearing people talk in depth about something that I don't know because Eli Eli, I'll be like, you know, the receiver was supposed to cut in there, and then there was a fly too, but cover zero and he came across and then there was you know, and then the rest of guys be like yeah, yeah, and I go, No one knows what you're talking about. And I love it. I don't know why. I actually don't like when they have the celebrities on. Just keep Belichick on it. I don't want to hear Will Arnett.
Speaker 2: And a lot of times the celebrities being zoom where it was, the chemistry is off a little bit and there'll be awkward. So they've they've kind of got a rhythm with their recurring guests. I mean, Peyton could run for president. Everything he does is great, but like Eli is sneaky funny to me.
Speaker 1: I think I think Eli's great. I think Peyton's great, but I think they're both great. And Cooper had on a huge hat had on Saturday. It was like the biggest hat I've ever seen. And then they had their dad on a couple of weeks ago, and he seemed fun. I liked him.
Speaker 2: I liked Rex Ryan's big fake teeth. I didn't see Rex. He's a he's a coworker. I saw Archie on there. I mean, have you seen him?
Speaker 1: Hey, Like he's got their knee. They're big, big, bright white, they're very bright.
Speaker 2: Good for him.
Speaker 1: One of these days I'll probably get veneers. Just remind me to go one shade down to find.
Speaker 2: Whatever Rex Ryan did. Take me down a couple sizes in a couple of white. I'd like it. I'd like Rex almost one point five.
Speaker 3: Please teeth and feet, guy, you put those two together.
Speaker 2: It's a Rex ride night, all right.
Speaker 1: So, uh, I guess we get started here college football, big week, two big SEC games. I know you got what Georgia Texas and Alabama Tennessee. So a lot going on. What's our first game?
Speaker 2: You're right, a lot of big games. But we're gonna start on Friday because we like Fridays, like to start the week early. And there's two rank teams playing this Friday Oregon fresh off they're a huge win. Are at Purdue. Oregon is a twenty seven and a half point favorite perdue, one of the worst teams in Power five, but they recently switched quarterbacks because Hudson Card has a concussion, and the backup came in and played really well last week. So maybe Purdue found a little something like Purdue here Friday night. Organ's coming off the big win. Gotta fly all the way across the country.
Speaker 1: I think you have to take farm transportation to get to West Lafayette. There's like a thirty minute horse ride. They're gonna be tired. Actually, you know one day less. They're gonna lead and not think it matters. Purdue covers the twenty seven and a half.
Speaker 2: There's a lot of things pushing me to Purdue. You named a bunch Oregon coming off that huge win. They don't have to impress anybody this week. They just got to win. Purdue was a twenty three point underdog last week and nearly one. I think Purdue at least covers at twenty seven and a half.
Speaker 1: Billy I saw an Amish girl on a date with a non Omish person.
Speaker 3: Is that allowed?
Speaker 2: It's about ways when she was sneaking out. That was my question to you. All right, So was it a Mediterranean restaurant? Okay? So it was that the the one I are on Harrisburg Road.
Speaker 1: What's it called close the Indian Place. It's a hair walked in. Nobody else there except there was an Amish girl with the thing on her head, you know what I'm talking about, little bonnet, and then just a regular guy. And it was like clearly a date, and they seemed awkward with each other, and I had a lot of questions.
Speaker 2: I didn't want to go up and ask them.
Speaker 1: First of all, have you ever seen an Amish person with a non Amish person understanding that's frown upon?
Speaker 3: They usually get like a week though, to find themselves or decide what.
Speaker 2: The Amish. They get one week.
Speaker 3: And they go to the city and you know, they drink alcohol.
Speaker 2: All about. You're thinking about Kingpin retrial to the society.
Speaker 3: Yes, and you decide whether you want to leave the omens.
Speaker 2: But you only get a week.
Speaker 3: I think it's it's a short period of time. It's a I'm telling you, it's fact.
Speaker 2: I want the podcast.
Speaker 1: You you you think they get one week in the city, Can they do whatever they want that week.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's kind of like, you know whatever they like a hall pass. Yeah, and I guess that's when they go to eat Mediterranean.
Speaker 1: So I don't know she's using her week. That's my gy go to the Mediterranean restaurant and just meet men.
Speaker 3: And then she decides if she wants to stick around or go back to her family.
Speaker 1: I don't this doesn't feel like something that's really a thing. You've hijacked my story. But I want to see. I want you to look up and see if that's actually.
Speaker 3: I will do my best to find it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Okay, Well I saw here something called rum Springer, a period of adolescents when boys and girls are given greater personal freedom and allowed to form romantic relationships, usually choice of baptism into the church or leaving the community. And it's when this girl was like twenty early twenty. She was according to Google, rum Springham. It doesn't sound like a free trial to downtown is really presum but exactly like a free subscription to porn hub or something for a week. That's what it is.
Speaker 3: Springa whatever Drew called it. Teenagers can experiment with the modern vices of the world and then they make a decision on whether they want to go back to their community or not.
Speaker 1: But I don't think they mean anything. I think they meant like they can watch HBO Max.
Speaker 2: They can't come back with tattoos.
Speaker 1: And well, I saw him on this date, and I just I had realized I'd never seen an Amish person with a non Amish person, not even on a date. I'm not sure I've ever seen him like hanging out with non Amish people. And I was fascinated, but I didn't want to bother them, so I let them continue to flirt, and I stayed. I lingered to see if they left together, and they were there after me, so I had to leave.
Speaker 2: They might still be there. I don't know. It sounds like it's working out. They have great days and restaurants. If anyone's election, they know what they're doing. Maybe it's not her first run, Springer.
Speaker 3: Sir, can week out.
Speaker 1: You're not my first room. Springer, sir, I'm sorry to tell you. Well, I had no idea about this bill. You're very well educated on the other Yes, so.
Speaker 2: That we both picked Purdue. We both picked Purdue. Uh stick with Friday Night uh Fade. This his personal favorite team the BYU Cougar's Killing undefeated and defeated BYU Cougar's Maybe Big Twelve champion by Q Cougars are hosting Oklahoma State, oh and three in the Big twelve. B YU is a nine and a half point home favorite.
Speaker 1: Love b YU first of all. Oklahoma State Mike Gutny did say something funny this week. I can't remember what it was.
Speaker 2: Like funny, like he was actually a comedic or.
Speaker 1: He was like making some joke about how terrible they were. He was like saying, I don't remember what it was. You can't you know, you can't recreate comedy. But he he was funny. But BYU is still gonna win. You know, this is a big culture clash. My Mormon train is unbelieve, Like they just keep killing it. They could make the playoff. Their schedule gets harder right at the very end. But I like by you to win and cover the night they have turned it on like the light switch. I searched Mike Gundhy just to get that quote here on the fly. All the stories are about him injuring his eye on.
Speaker 2: A ranch this week. Do you know anything about that? What's he doing that on a round. Gundhy injureds eye after run in on ranch drinking and yesterday on ESPN run in with who I don't know, like a bull running with my cattle over the weekend. Gundy told me, let me run in with your cattle. I guess they've been watching this play. And I got headbutted. And that's what I was. That's what I said. Yeah, he said, I guess they'd been watching this play. That's right. I thought that was funny. Okay, well, I like, by you two do cattle head butt.
Speaker 3: I guess you know, when the time's right.
Speaker 2: He had an unusual eye injury from this cattle running. According to your colleague, suspect to me, like, you show up with a black eye, and you're.
Speaker 1: Like, you blame the cow who can't speak. Look, cattle, you should have seen what I did to the cattle. Although when I cut this wrist and I went to the emergency room, they certainly thought I might have tried to.
Speaker 2: Do harm to myself. Oh really no, oh for sure, Like and I didn't begrudge them. I understood I have a huge wound on my wrist.
Speaker 1: Now it was on the top part, yeah, not the other side. But they were like, we have to ask you this. Have you ever done harm to yourself or considered it? And I was like, no, I understand you have to ask this, but really I went through a glass window and they were like, we understand, but do you have feelings of defremption? And I'm like, please please stop me bleeding.
Speaker 2: It's probably protocol for them, but it's gotta be word.
Speaker 1: I understand why they did it. I'm not begrudging them. It's probably the right thing to do, but it was just I felt like, in addition to having blood spout out of me, I was having to tell them that I was mentally okay, a little therapy.
Speaker 2: There on the couch for a moment. Yes, you know?
Speaker 3: Did you take by U Dre?
Speaker 2: I did? I? Like the Kooks?
Speaker 3: Did we talk about their quarterback being Jewish?
Speaker 1: We did not.
Speaker 2: We did not their quarterbacks Jewish? Yeah, huh. We did a lot of religion talk on here. So he's Jewish? Who is the best Jewish quarterback of all time?
Speaker 3: It's a great question.
Speaker 2: I google it. I bet you can find out. I don't bet you. There aren't a ton of Jewish quarterbacks of note. What do you got? Give me some names?
Speaker 3: Uh? Jay Fiedler is the first thing that.
Speaker 2: The first name is Jay Fiedler. It's not a good sign. Not a quarterback.
Speaker 3: Julian Edelman.
Speaker 2: We played quarterback in.
Speaker 1: I didn't know Julian Edelman was Jewish. Yeah, okay, I guess that makes sense that the name is Jewish.
Speaker 3: What else, Jeff Schwartz, the offensive lineman.
Speaker 2: I'm not seeing a lot of quarterball.
Speaker 1: That's a unique thing. A Jewish quarterback at a Mormon university. All the more reason Drew they cover.
Speaker 2: I agree. Enjoy talking religion. What's next? What do we have? Where are we going? New Saturday game? I tried to make last week on our morning show, Miami at Louisville. Miami is a five point favorite, six and oho Miami four and two. Love Miami.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've been Louisville is stunk, but most of the year. I mean they should have. I listened to the Virginia game at the Mexican Restaurant in Shelbyville, and Louisville should have lost that game. Virginia had the chances, wasn't able to do it. I think Virginia was up ten in the fourth quarter and lost.
Speaker 2: Miami.
Speaker 1: I think wins and covered, and there will be no home field advantage because Louislle fans are not going to these noon games.
Speaker 2: They're just not going. That's crazy. You could be playing Miami, one of the best teams in the country, undefeated. They're not knowing like that.
Speaker 1: First of all, They've had like every games at noon and just people are not going. So I mean, I'm gonna take Miami.
Speaker 2: I'm taking Miami too. It's moved a few points. Wish I'd got it earlier, but I mean, they don't have a lot of challenges left on their schedule, and they're dreaming big dreams and they no they they have Florida State next week, but that that's a completely different game than what we thought it would be two months ago. So Florida is not good at the end of the year. Yeah, they've already play They've already played Florida. I mean they play Wake, Syracuse Duke, and Georgia Tech. So yeah, I mean they're not overlooking a Louis Arny game. This might be one of the biggest games left on their schedule. You know, there's a world where they end up the one or two seed. Yep, because I can't slip up here. That's why I really know. I mean, that's that's a good point.
Speaker 1: They they really do have a path to be the one seed, because you've got to think most of these teams in the SEC and Big ten are gonna lose just somewhere along the way.
Speaker 2: So Miami could end up the number one overall.
Speaker 1: And that interesting thing we talked about how being the five would make the most sense because you all always get a non powerful Boise State is on a path to not be the lowest. There's a world where you know, the four top seeds are for the four highest rated conferences. Boise could end up with a better power rating than the team that wins the Big twelve. Yep, so Boise could end up with a bye. That's crazy, isn't it.
Speaker 3: Well, I don't want to watch it on their field, So I'm glad they're a four out of five.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So just interesting, like some of the assumptions we've made, Drew might not end up true. Yeah, And the counter in Miami is they barely won their last two games Virginia Tech and Cow. But they won so six and oh six, and oh I think they I think winning that Cow game is pretty impressive. Go all the way across the country with game day there. I think that's a good win. I say they beat what's next Nebraska at Indiana another surprise team six and oh Indiana ring sixteenth. They're a six and a half point favorite. Indiana is Indiana. Oh my goodness me Nebraska.
Speaker 1: But first of all, this is a money line picking money line. Yeah, Nebraska's winning this game. And there you're telling me they're getting six and a half.
Speaker 2: That's what I'm telling you.
Speaker 3: Oh, Billy, you don't believe in Signetti.
Speaker 1: No, I think he's a good coach, but this is Indiana, Billy. Make this my CBS presents Kathy Bates as Matt Locke.
Speaker 2: Of the Week.
Speaker 3: All right, it's Kathy Bates.
Speaker 2: Got to do with it? She she stars in the new Matt Newest Mountain. You got to watch. There's a new Matt Locke.
Speaker 3: Didn't watch the first one from Misery.
Speaker 1: Uh, Kathy Bates and uh, let's do it. It's what's crazy is it's got really good reviews. Like people think it's really good. And I'm not just talking about like the way my parents think Tom Selik's Blue Bloods is good. I'm saying like it's got good reviews from people who like care.
Speaker 3: Okay, so.
Speaker 2: What was the game? Nebraska? I don't think you're gonna like my pick. I got Indiana covering. They've killed everyone they've played, but they anybody. I mean, they're winning by a lot. I think they're you know, they're they're gonna lose eventually, but I think they continue staying hot this week and cover six and a half. I I love I love Nebraska here.
Speaker 1: I mean I wouldn't put all my money on them like winning, but I'll put I'll put Billy and Mario's weekly salary on them, on them, on them covering.
Speaker 2: You mean like you're putting that amount from them out of the pot.
Speaker 1: And put it on the game. Look, I care about you too. This is considered an investment in your future.
Speaker 2: You're either gonna pay double this week or nothing. Yes, no, no, you'll get it all.
Speaker 1: This is more of a symbolic gesture. It's almost like I'm your money manager, but we're putting.
Speaker 3: It all on Nebraska, all right, I'm writing it down.
Speaker 1: No no, no, you would actually have to give me the money for me to bet. I'm not doing it theoretically, all right, seem like he likes that.
Speaker 2: Well, do you like a little Auburn at Missouri, Billy? Yeah? I love it. Auburn is a four and a half point favorite. I mean Missouri's aegn Okay, Auburn's lost four or five as what I was gonna say. And before we get to it, DraftKings had us make a little video earlier in my pick this weekend. On the video was Missouri right here. I love Missouri. I think they're gonna kill him. You know, this could be a week that defines us because I'm taking Auburn, taking Auburn.
Speaker 1: I think Auburn could win this game. I would feel a little bit spicy about a little Auburn Nebraska.
Speaker 2: Oh what would that pay? Well, underdog parlay?
Speaker 1: Let me see what an Auburn Nebraska money line parlay would pay. I'm not gonna I probably will put a little bit on it, but that's gonna be a lot of money. Because because they're both big underlocks. Why do you think Nebraska is your big play?
Speaker 2: Nebraska is not my big play Missouri because Auburn has won two games against two teams that aren't very good. Missouri is still in the SEC in playoff race, but they have to win this. They can't lose this or throw the season aside. So I think they show up and cover the.
Speaker 3: Four and a half plus six six seven.
Speaker 2: Auburn's recently changed quarterbacks. He's a little turnover prone.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I thought that would be better than plus six sixty seven, but I still would consider doing it. I like Auburn here. I think Auburn's pretty good. Like I think, well, I don't think they're good. I think they're better than people think with their record, because you know, they played Georgia pretty well, should have beaten Arkansas. I don't think Missouri's good. I mean, I just don't think they're good. They they got that Texas A and M game. They got blown out. They were never in that game, So give me off.
Speaker 2: All right. I like Miszoo roll Tigers. Moving on, Alabama Tennessee one of the biggest games of the weekend. I have no idea what to do with I've made up my mind and then flipped it about three times. This one. Alabama's a three point favorite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, I have no idea. I'm gonna take Tennessee because they're at home. But there's it's another one. There's no result that could surprise me. I mean, Tennessee should have lost to Florida at home, so you could give me any result here and it wouldn't shot me. But I'm going to take Tennessee to win it at home because I think Alabama's on the ropes.
Speaker 2: I'm with you. I'm not gonna do this with real money, but we had to pick this game, being number seven verse number eleven. I'll take Tennessee getting points at home just for the atmosphere, and they've played good defense. I mean I said seven three seven. I definitely like Tennessee, but I'm just very confused on Alabama. I'm not ready to lay points with Alabama at Tennessee because I don't know how good they are. I mean, they're still complaining about Kaitlyn de Bor's shirt. Tennessee can't score. It's two weeks in a row. They hadn't score in the first half. They've played defense, though, but Alabama can't stop anybody.
Speaker 3: That's true. Didn't they play Mississippi State last week and that was Georgia. That was a ten point game.
Speaker 1: But I mean Alabama, like just think about the points people have put up against the South Carolina put up twenty five, Vandy put up forty, Georgia put up twenty eight in the second half. I mean they in the last ten halves of playing football, they've given up like ninety three points. They're averaging giving up nine point the average, given thirty six points a game in the last I mean that's crazy.
Speaker 2: In the SEC. Huh in the SEC and not even against I mean Vandy. Two of those three games were Vandy and South Carolina. They I mean, Vandy was one of their worst losses ever. But I think they should be equally embarrassed by how bad they were at South Carolina at home and what should have been a bounce back game. Yeah, I mean they should have destroyed South Carolina. It's like they didn't really break up a two point conversion to win the game South Carolina had them. As you said, do you think about there.
Speaker 1: Could have been some crazy results Saturday. South Carolina easily could have won that game. Florida could have easily won the Tennessee game. So both those teams are coming off games where they could have lost kind of embarrassing games.
Speaker 2: So but I don't know what today. I'm gonna take Tennessee. Yeah, I'm only taking them because I'm getting points here in a game. I don't know what it'll do. I think Danelovsky should moisturize. You should do you think he wears a robe?
Speaker 1: What is the moment that you just decide it's gonna keep it? Gret Like that beard, he didn't that bad. He didn't used to have that. He actually used to have a beard that was dark. So he's clearly stopped. Like I've noticed some guys the hit on their hair. We'll go in and out like it'll be jet black this week and next week. I was like, I thought you had jet black jet black hair last week.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, you're on TV every day. I'm sure it's a process.
Speaker 2: I mean, Dan's no, who's this guy? Never seen that person? Who is that?
Speaker 3: I don't know that is?
Speaker 2: Did they just find that guy? He moisturizes? Though he does have nice skins. See now I'm looking at everybody's skin. After you got watched the what do they call these the crows feet? What are these are these called? Something like that? Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think that's it.
Speaker 2: Is that the thing. Make sure you hit these spots with your moisturizer. Are you like judging me right now?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I'm giving your advice. No, I'm not talking about yours. I'm saying that's where you can notice the most is right in here first? Is that?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: So when people have a face lift, what are they doing? Are they having I don't know about all that. That's saying what do they do?
Speaker 2: Do they lift? What are they lifting the face? But what part of it? I'm not really couldn't tell you. I know nothing about facelifts.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess cheeks.
Speaker 2: You think they lift up your cheeks?
Speaker 3: They're bones there, I know, But there's a process pull it.
Speaker 2: Maybe in the bat they just pull up. That's why it looks like people's faces are pulled. Yeah, maybe they pull it into the back tie a little knot in the back of your head where they've pulled your skin back. Is that how it works? I'm just guessing. I don't know, but moisturized, Yeah, and find out who that ESPN guys. Michigan four and two. Michigan is at Illinois. Michigan is a favorite on the road. Illinois has been good too. They're five and one. Illinois is the favorite at Michigan. Michigan's the favorite at Illinois by how much? Three Michigan is one and five against the spread.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're gonna win this one, so uh, and they're in cover. I'm gonna take Illinois. Home field advantage is not much. Michigan's right there, so they'll probably have more fans there than Illinois will.
Speaker 2: I'll take Michigan. Even though Michigan ruined one of my picks this year when I had USC, I still think they kind of suck, sucked by Michigan standards. I think Illinois might be the better team. And they're at home, and you're giving me points, I'll take the three.
Speaker 1: It's amazing how much he and I are disagreeing today. This is one of those where could lead to some separation.
Speaker 3: He's got to catch up a little bit.
Speaker 2: That's true. You can't just pick what I pick. You've been. You've liked a lot of road teams. I've been a lot of home teams. You've liked Auburn, Nebraska. I love Michigan, big, big road guys. If you only do one bed, I'm saying, do Nebraska. Yeah.
Speaker 3: My salaries on the line.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Mario, you went outside. Your salaries on the line too. You don't get paid next week if if Nebraska doesn't cover the six and a half.
Speaker 2: But if they cover, you get paid double. But if you get cover, you get paid yeah. Double. Well he didn't like the deal. First of all, you didn't get a choice. You are along for the ride. What's next? Would you like to go along for ride to Atlanta? Neutral side game? Notre Dame Georgia Tech. Notre Dame is a twelve point favorite? Is that really neutral? Yep, Georgia Tech's in Atlanta. It's a neutral side game. They're just like moving to a moving to a dome. Are they playing at the Big Still? I know I'm reading this right off.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean if it's at the Big Stadium, it's going to be all Notre Dame fans even though it's in because this will be their chance to go to Atlanta, go to the Coca Cola Museum.
Speaker 2: What else is there to do in Atlanta?
Speaker 3: Sitting traffic?
Speaker 2: Nobody?
Speaker 1: Like if you were to if you were a tourists and you were going to Atlanta, what do you do? This is a big city, eat, magic city, But what do you that's a strip club.
Speaker 2: I don't think that it's.
Speaker 3: Really the Yeah, lou Will.
Speaker 2: When you say eat, like what what? What is it like, are you talking about like soul food? Is that the choir? Give me a place. Atlanta's got great food.
Speaker 1: But I'm well, but it's a huge city. Like I'm sure it has great food, but what would you say? It's chick chicken and waffles or the Rosco's is at the place.
Speaker 2: There's several. I don't know which is the best. What's the place we went to downtown that was known for having was it Burgers or Varsity? Yeah, they have the Varsity that's Chilian hot dogs. It's like an old diner. Okay, uh, Bill is right. The wings, the lemon pepper wings are famous. Can't go in strip club. They have like a restaurant attached. You can carry out food at a strip club without going in. You can only eat the wings.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they DoorDash them. Okay, so lemon pepper wings. Okay, but what are you getting? You're going to Coca Cola Museum?
Speaker 2: Then what CNN? Maybe seeing you gotta.
Speaker 3: Get the CNN into a Braves game maybe.
Speaker 2: But that's not even in Atlanta. That's in Cobb County?
Speaker 3: Is it really?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Uh?
Speaker 1: I just feel like for a big city, I don't know if things like you do. I know you can go club, and I mean that you can do what you can do in any city. But I'm trying to think what you know. If you say you're going to New York, you know you got the Statue of Liberty, you got living.
Speaker 2: Museum, you got you got Olympic Park. Okay, that's good. Although I've been there and it wasn't very glamorous. It's I mean, it's you walk through it and you're like, that was an Olympic park. I got a lot of history. What history? Uh, there's some in there, like a civil rights museum there or some Uh there's the history of the Civil Rights is in Alabama. I agree, But I mean if they're just saying things to do.
Speaker 3: A lot of hip hop history in Atlanta. The best rap comes from Atlanta. It's not even outcast.
Speaker 2: If I want to go be part of hip hop history, where am I going?
Speaker 3: Maybe like Little John has a house, poolhouse, maybe you could stay out a couple of days.
Speaker 2: More of a young jeezy guy myself a good one. I was in an uber on my way to a Young Jeezy concert with a friend and the uber driver said, I am not taking you there because I don't think that's a good idea.
Speaker 3: I'm paying you to take me there, that's the good idea.
Speaker 2: They thought you wouldn't be safe. Yeah, it was pre uber actually was a cap I think it might have been during the SEC term. They just wouldn't take you. They're like you row. It was already late. I mean it was like two in the morning, Like, you all really don't need to be getting dropped off over here. Did you have tickets? No, We're just going to be part of the part of the vibes. I feel like he made a good decision for you. Big Young Jeezy fan though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I don't feel like they're just showing up. I don't feel like you showing up at a place Young Jeezy was playing to be part of the vibes.
Speaker 2: Really is where you ought to be. He felt the same way. Okay, I'm I'm on the cab side. Shout out Young Jeezy though. What were talking about Notre Dame twelve point favorite? I like Notre Dame because they're going to have a home fielded George Tech five and two. Yeah, I like Notre Dame too. Okay, George Tech had just had a good win at you and c But I think they're in trouble here. How about a little one I threw in that might not have been on your radar. But it's a big deal because Charlotte plays Navy undefeated. Navy and Charlotte is undefeated in the American Conference and just whooped East Carolina, scoring fifty five points. I think name it. Navy and Army are both ranked first time since nineteen sixty. Both had to create one of them. Navy is a sixteen and a half point woh, they're at home. Charlotte is two and zero in the American.
Speaker 1: I like Charlotte to cover the sixteen that you know Navy's gonna be looking ahead to the boot camp next week?
Speaker 2: Is that next week? Pt Yeah, they have boot camp every every third or fourth weekend October. Okay, you wouldn't understand, You don't hear not a military since here they play Notre Dame next week. Be a weird time to do both. It was poor scheduling, but that could add that. You know, they could be looking ahead to Notre Dame boot camp and then Notre Dame the same week in the mid terms. The trip to Rice is also a big deal. My ex girlfriend's school, I mean like they've got all this on their mind, and so Charlotte is not gonna win, but they're gonna cover against the midshipman. I like Charlotte too too many points. I know very little about Charlotte other than that they're two and on the American as I've now said four times. But I'm confident that that's too many points. I do know their American record. What is uh, Billy, what is a midshipman?
Speaker 3: I'm gonna guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, I know what a shipman is, but what's the mid part?
Speaker 3: Maybe they're on the middle part of the boat. That's how they originally got their name.
Speaker 2: I think put the navy in the middle part of the boat, all.
Speaker 3: On the boat, but the football players were in the mid part of the boat.
Speaker 1: But the whole school because I think aren't naval people called middi's or something.
Speaker 2: It's the lowest rank. So they're coming into school, it's like, hey, you're a midshipman. When you leave here, you'll be a high shipman. Yeah, better ranking ship So who's a low shipman the midshipman I think they might might just don't want to call them low.
Speaker 3: A midshipman is an apprentice officer who had at least normally served at least three years as a volunteer, an officer's servant or able seaman.
Speaker 2: So maybe the volunteers are the lower ship.
Speaker 1: But that's not but that, but that's not true. I mean, that's a cool deaf an issue. But when people come to Navy, they have not served three years as a volunteer.
Speaker 3: They're just beginning their three But you're saying.
Speaker 1: A midshipman is someone learning to be an officer, which is what people at Navy are doing, right, they're learning to be officers.
Speaker 3: When the Navy was created, midshipmen was listed as a rank of warrant officer in the Naval Act of seventeen ninety four. So that's everybody that's in the Navy are called midshipmen.
Speaker 2: But we don't know why they're mid.
Speaker 3: We haven't found that lexicon break all right, Well.
Speaker 1: Somebody will know if you know, send me a text, because I don't. It would seem to me you could just be shipmen.
Speaker 2: There at least canna be mid this week because Charlotte's governing that spread. Ooh, look at that. Even though I respect our navy.
Speaker 1: I respect it to who's gonna win? Do you think we're gonna get Army Navy in the championship game? And then they play again the next week.
Speaker 2: Could be they both stay hot and remain ranked when that game comes around at the end of the year.
Speaker 1: Be interesting to have that happen because if Boise State were to lose, that game goes to playoff. The official Army Navy game is after the playoff comes out. Oh yeah, so like they could conceivably they would have to pick who goes before they even play each other.
Speaker 2: That's a predicament. I didn't even think about it. The game's played so late. Yeah, it's after the playoff comes out. Well, Charlotte could spoil that fun on Saturday, So there you go. Who's next? How about a little LSU at Arkansas? Okay, LSU is a three point favorite, the same LSU that was one fourth of the KSR parlay last Saturday that we haven't bragged about yet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we've hit two out of last three. I love LSU. I continue to take the road teams. I'm a road dog.
Speaker 2: This week, we didn't you be a little more intimidating with that? With that bark I'm with you too, But was that not an intimidating bar. That's pretty good. I guess I do the meal for the Cats, So I'm a road dog. I'm with you LSU on the road. I don't think Arkansas is good.
Speaker 1: Tennessee pulled off a shocker, but you saw Tennessee almost lost at home to Florida.
Speaker 2: I like l s U. I like I think Brian Kelly is finally becoming a Southerner for a little while.
Speaker 1: Hey and his fiaml have have fit in at LSU, and they're gonna get this dub in Arkansas. They've been it's almost basketball season. They've already flipped the switch and gone to Hotspring.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like they had at least fifty to sixty people there at their at their at their madness. The next game, I'm very excited to watch, not excited to pick Georgia at Texas. This is going to be an awesome game. Texas is a four point favorite. I mean, how many times has Georgia gotten four points in the last however many years, three or four Years's got to be almost none. Kirby smartest oh and three on the road in top ten games.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Texas I ain't Texas really good. I think they're the best team in the country. They're you know, they they they can do everything. They can pass, they can kick, they can run, they can play defense.
Speaker 2: Their heusman quarterback can get hurt and they can put it in a different heisman quarterback.
Speaker 1: I want you to notice something, just because I've bet when I listen to people talk about Texas, you are constitutionally required when you mentioned Texas this year to go. They're good on all three phases of the ball. Everyone says that. In just the last two or three days, I've heard Herbstreet, Rhys Davis, Ryan Roussillo, and Jesse Palmer say those exact words. They're good on all three phases of the ball. So I want you to between now and the game, listen to how many people they are required. It must be in the notes that ESPN gives. They have to say that.
Speaker 2: I think an email went out to everyone. It's like people want you to know they're not just good at this. They're number one for a reason all three phases.
Speaker 1: And I think I've always said they should say two and a half phases because special teams is the only should get a half. It's a full phase. It's not a full phase. It's should be a weighted system. Your there's so much the game teams plays are there in a game ten, they should not get a full phase.
Speaker 2: Should they share a phase with something else?
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what we could use though, as a phase of a snapper at Kentucky and a holder because we've lost two games in the last four years just unsnapping the ball.
Speaker 2: That was rough to watch. Add that to a long list of problems from the Vanda game.
Speaker 3: Does McConaughey think he's on the team of Texas Like he's on the sideline, Patton guys on the back giving him pep talks.
Speaker 4: Like he can moisturizes, he could be any well, he actually though his face is a little leathery, but it doesn't matter because like he could be any age.
Speaker 2: He could be thirty five to sixty, fifty four, fifty four, that's a fifty four year old that moisturizes. I bet he has a robe.
Speaker 1: Sure didn't he played bongos naked once on his property. If hasn't, uh, I will tell you there's a great there's a great Zach Galifanakis. Have you seen that interview? With him, did with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So he does an interview with him, and he looks at him and goes when you and Woody Harrelson were on the set of True Detective, was there a sack somewhere not being hacked?
Speaker 1: And McConaughey loses it. He cannot stop laughing. I thought that was one of the great lines. Was there a sack not being hacked? I'm gonna take Texas to cover the flour.
Speaker 2: I am too, but I really wanted this game to view more like two and a half kind of let me get on that good side of a field goal for really makes me want to take Georgia. But I think Texas is too good. They're good on all three phases, Matt, all three three phases.
Speaker 1: You think this is really You think Kamala Harris is gonna interview with Joe Rogan first, I've heard of that. There's some talk that he's going to interview both Trump and Harris. It's hard for me to see. I could see him interviewing Trump, it's hard for me to see him interviewing Tom Harris.
Speaker 2: You know, like, first of all of his interviews are four and a half hours. That's why I don't know that I've ever listened, because even it's something I'm interested in, I go to YouTube and it's like, who has Tom for a four hour show?
Speaker 1: Yeah? I mean it's a long show. But the other thing, I just it's hard for me to picture not because like I think he's not smart.
Speaker 2: Enough to be And I don't say this to be mean.
Speaker 1: He seems like a fine guy, but I don't know that he's smart enough to really like challenge her.
Speaker 2: But he also like he's high every show. Here's where I am in the My Rogan experience. I've seen more of him on Fear Factor than I've seen of this podcast he does have. There is a video I saw this week that was kind of interesting. He's on the Tom Green Show. Have you seen this?
Speaker 1: No, you have been to two thousand and seven. Tom Green had an internet TV show.
Speaker 2: I remember it.
Speaker 1: It was like after he gotten fired from m TV and he was just sitting there and he was interviewing Rogan, and Rogan looks at him and.
Speaker 2: Goes, this is awesome what you're doing here, And you have to remember this.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and seven, So Mario, like nobody had their own show. Everyone worked for a network or something like that, and he goes, this is awesome. He's like, you get to say whatever you want, you get to do whatever you want. He's like, all you got to, doude, just figure out a way to make money from this. And Tom's like, well, yeah, that's an issue. He's like, but if you make money from this, like this is the best thing you could do. And then two years later he starts the Joe Rogan podcast and there's an interview with him from last year where he goes, that was the time he got the idea to.
Speaker 2: Do the podcast, further proving Tom Green's a genius.
Speaker 1: Or maybe Joe Rogan is more of a smart like he saw this well, Green was way ahead of it. Yeah, but that was kind of when I saw that video, I was like, well, because I've always kind of thought Joe Rogan was kind of an idiot, but well, maybe not that.
Speaker 2: There was a lot of foresight to see that, right. And biggest show one of the biggest shows. No, it's the biggest.
Speaker 3: Oh, it's the biggest.
Speaker 2: It's the biggest podcast. Ye Call Her Daddy, Well, but I mean I think they still get more listens.
Speaker 1: I think Call Her Daddy is at the top because they have more recent subscribers or whatever.
Speaker 2: Probably because of the Kamala Harris thing. I think Joe Rogan is still and we're third, Yeah, we're third after after Alan Cutler no filter. Oh he was good today.
Speaker 3: Did you get through the monologue?
Speaker 1: I like with Alan color For people who don't live in Kentucky, you don't know Alan Colors, but he's like a.
Speaker 2: Local guy here that does so.
Speaker 3: I like that.
Speaker 1: Alan Culor in his preview for the show, We'll say, great monologue coming, he goes He goes ahead and says, I'm gonna go ahead and judge what I'm about to do.
Speaker 2: As being awesome today was Jim host. Ryan Lemon would have loved it and.
Speaker 3: He has to sit through the monologue in the same room.
Speaker 2: Well, anyway, on to col call her daddy. I would listen to that too. That would do one more one more game and it's one close to home, even though it's not at home, Kentucky at Florida, Kentucky is now favorite. It is flipped, big big swing in the early money Florida. Did it open at three two and a half? I saw it two and a half on Monday. Whatever it opened is Kentucky's now favored by one at Florida again, no idea.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna take Kentucky, but I don't necessarily feel confident. I do think Kentucky's better, but they were better than Mannie and they lost. So I'm gonna take Kentucky, but I don't I don't love it.
Speaker 2: I already bet the money line. I wish i'd bet a little earlier. I got it at minus one fifteen. I wish I got it when it was plus money. But I really think Kentucky wins this when it's three scenario. It was all like Kentucky and against Florida, which is crazy, but Napier hadn't beat Stoops. They've won three in a row. It's Kentucky bouncing back after pissing everyone off in their fan base. They always seem right when you give up on them to respond, Yes, they do. And it's not at Kroger Field where there are serious problems. It's on the road. So all three of those things together, I really think Kentucky's gonna come out and respond and come home and everyone's gonna be back to confused of what exactly is this team? Yeah? I think I think You're exactly right. So I'll take this, Billy, Napier has to win this. Florida plays in order Georgia, Texas lsu Ole Miss and then ends with a rivalry game Florida State. If they don't win this, yeah that's changed. But they don't win this, they could lose out. Yeah, they have three wins.
Speaker 1: Let's assume they beat Florida State, so if they would have any chance at a ball, they have to And I think Napier.
Speaker 2: Has to win this. You can't lose three in a row to Kentucky. No. You know. It's been a month of tricks, but also treats and touchdowns.
Speaker 1: We like to bet them. I bet on a touchdown from Ray Davis. Oh nice the other night.
Speaker 2: Well it wasn't nice.
Speaker 1: He didn't get one, got something, ran the whole way down, got to the half yard line, and then they gave it to Josh Allen, which I thought, Billy, I just thought that was rude.
Speaker 3: It's cruel.
Speaker 2: It was. It was very rude.
Speaker 1: But that's okay because even though it was rude, I still like to bet on DraftKings. Number one place to bet touchdowns. If you're new to Draft Kings, try betting on something simple like that score Big number one place to bet touchdowns. Download the DraftKings app and you go to DraftKings. Use my code fade that's right, fade bat five. You get two hundred dollars in free bonus bits. That's it, Draft Kings. The crown is yours. If you have a game problem called one ahit gamer text hoping why that's four six seven three six nine in Connecticut. Helps available for problem gaming. Please play responsibly to have a Boothell casino and resort in Kansas twenty one plus agent that void in Ontario. Bonus pits expire one hundred and sixty eight hours after issue issue. For additional term responsible gaming resources, see Billy dot Sports, DKNNG, dot co, slash ft ball.
Speaker 3: Can I tell you something? You are not crazy? The copy the other day did not have the word best in it. When you did the local Taco.
Speaker 1: Spot redemption, I knew, I knew I would have said it was the best. So did they like when I said, I haven't heard back on the edit that Shannon Maiden?
Speaker 2: What even that you were calling the best? You you say, go vote so it can win? Or what was it? Vote for Lexington Taco. That's what is vote for Lexington Taco.
Speaker 3: Was voted Lexington Taco.
Speaker 1: That's that's you know what. That was my nickname for Ryan for a long time. It was Lexington Doaco. Let's go to the NFL six and two last week. It's hard to be better at this than we are, so let's go.
Speaker 2: Let's first, let's do a little Cincinnati at Cleveland to get started here.
Speaker 1: Cleveland is awful, Like Deshaun Watson is the worst play player that has ever played organized sports.
Speaker 2: They never should have paid him when he got paid anyway, of course not, but that now he's the worst. Now we're really seeing it.
Speaker 1: He has records of like literally the worst QBR or whatever they are, like in history. And the thing is they have to keep playing him because mister Pilot gas station is like, I spent this money. We can't not spend him. And the people in like everyone hates him. The people in Cleveland hat him, the legal system hates him. You know, it's just it seems like being a miserable existence there. And what's funny is their defense is great, like they have ass defense, but they can and Jameis Winston sitting there, he can be mediocre, but they won't go to him.
Speaker 2: Because they got to play this guy. Because they've spent so much money on their offense averages less than two hundred and fifty yards a game. That's pretty bad.
Speaker 3: Chubb's coming back, I think this week?
Speaker 2: Is it that Cincinnati's won this game like fifteen times in a row? Was the other way? Like, there's something weird about this game. I don't know about going backwards in the in the series. You know, a lot of gamblers like to look up trends and things. I'm more of a filled out guy. See if Matt and Billy spread. Uh, Bengals are a six and a half point favorite. Yeah, after all that, I don't take the Browns to cover. Actually, I saw a lot of the money has been going on the Browns people.
Speaker 1: I don't think I think the Bengals will win, but by like three, because well, wait a minute, is the game is in Cincinnati or Cleveland?
Speaker 2: Cleveland? Yeah? The TV behind you just said Chubb's coming back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like I like Uh, I like Cleveland to I thought it was gonna be like three, six and a half. Definitely taking the Browns to cover.
Speaker 2: I like the Browns also Bengals. I know they won, but man, they just they should be so much better than the two and four and they've had close games, but I don't know. I just expect a lot more from their group.
Speaker 1: The vibes going into it. I think I said it on a preview show. Oh the vibes were not good. And never met a human being who dyed his hair blonde where things were better the day after he did it. There's no like nobody when the last time you saw the CEO of a company go, I'm going platinum blonde today?
Speaker 2: Not not often, bang energy drinking that one episode of Ye and that guy looks crazy. You're talking about that John, the John two gun here.
Speaker 1: I was just trying to I mean you just you and that, and then you know, Chase was like eh, and Higgins was like no, and I just knew you knew it wasn't it wasn't gonna be good. Now, if you look at the Bengals schedule, they can go on a run. Here they've got like three or four bad games in a row, so they could get back on track. But I take the Browns to go Ye.
Speaker 2: No win six naps a big number, though dog Pound will be fired up for the Bengals. They hate the Bengles.
Speaker 3: Browns are six and two in the twenty twenties in the battle.
Speaker 2: That's what like, they won. He know the Bengals were better, They still the Browns would still find a way to win, all right. How about Houston at green Bay? Packers are a three point favorite four and two, Packers five and one, Houston Texans packer's three point favorite. Ye give me Houston.
Speaker 3: Jordan loves slinging it around.
Speaker 2: I like it. I kind of just want to say, I mean, for the game here, I'm taking the points, but I might just money line that one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean, you don't like, how could they? And then you know, green Bay is a nice home field advantage, but it's not crazy. I don't know how cold it's supposed to be, but there is that that is a factor though, because Houston plays indoors and it's hot. I'm still gonna say Houston wins.
Speaker 2: Yep, I got Houston government three a big game in the NFC Detroit at Minnesota.
Speaker 1: One things I like about this podcast is I don't even know who plays till you say it's.
Speaker 3: Good prep for your ESPN radio show.
Speaker 1: But literally It's like every time Drew says a game, it's like makes me happy because I didn't know what was happening.
Speaker 3: You can think about it for the first time.
Speaker 2: College football, I'm a lot more. I'm that way too. It's almost like I'm so focused on college I'm like, I'll get to the NFL on Sunday morning and then I'm playing like catch up gambling on something more prepared.
Speaker 1: For my ESPN show because of this show, because it used to be like that first year I took it serious. I'd write notes about every game, and then I was.
Speaker 3: Just like, yeah, you're such an expert and your NFL picks are better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, before you get to Detroit, Minnesota. Have you seen this little dude on the Grizzlies. Oh? Yes, and Zach Edie next to him checking in. Have you seen this little dude? He's like this little Asian dude and player. No, a fan, of course, he's a player.
Speaker 1: You think I'm just looking at Asian people in the stands and where you're going. Look at this little Asian dude in Memphis, isn't he funny? No, I'm talking about a player. I'm talking about a player on the team. His name is like, is it Yuki Yuki?
Speaker 2: He's Japanese. I won't get his last name right, but he's like five eight. He's tiny at best.
Speaker 1: Maybe he's like he's tiny and he jumps around here he jumps and then he throws it behind his head and like through his legs and like he passes to zach Edie, and I think Zaki like where's him on his shoulder like a little parrot sometimes and like the two of them, it's like when a New Bowl played with Muggsy Bogues, they should like go on tour together.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to watch Memphis play. He just to watch them. Yeah, they were both at the scorers table. I'm trying to pull it up for Billy the other day. It doesn't look like they're the same species. The sauce different is so big. Here you go, Billy, there's there's, there's Yuki and Zaki Yuki. It looks like like zach Edy's got a little figurine or a kid he's bringing on with. By the way, who knew zach Edie might be good? You know?
Speaker 1: He had like twenty five the other night. It's because here's the thing, like I do think you could play like that in the NBA. But then I watched some of that game they played against Indiana in the preseason, and when he backs a guy up, he was going against Isaiah Jackson, our former cat. They can't double team him because guys will shoot open threes, so they kind of just let him go.
Speaker 2: And when he shoots that hook shot, Drew, they can't stop it. You can't block it. So yeah, our friends of DraftKings have him as a pretty big favorite to be Rookie of the Year, which if you had told me that before the draft, I wouldn't never have thought that.
Speaker 1: Now, the question is is he gonna be able to guard people, because he's gonna have to find a way to guard to pick and roll, which is gonna be really hard for him to do.
Speaker 2: But on offense, Drew, I think he's gonna be good. Yeah, except I mean, he's like minus four hundred to be Rookie of the Year. As I guess, he was top ten, but not someone we'd think would be a star out of that class. Heading Actually, I think he was like fourteenth or something in the draft reach eper his second in those Draft Kings zone, and he should be I think that's right. I like the one.
Speaker 1: Dude. Everyone is already saying as a bust. They haven't even played one game yet. Sar for Washington, they're like, oh, it's like already written in stone, he's a bust and they haven't even played one game yet. On the of the preseason and again, but I qbr whatever is preseason?
Speaker 2: He came in last of all players in the NBA, second overall pick. Dead ready already that's pretty bad. Yeah, all right, So Detroit Minnesota, what's the spread? Where's the game in Minnesota? And where it's the spread? Vikings are a two and a half point favorite. Love Detroit. Detroit just lost Aighton Hutchinson though. That was pretty nasty. It was a big hit. Love Detroit.
Speaker 1: Minnesota are good this year, I know, but it's gonna break there. There were only two undefeated teams that can't last. Detroit's winning this game, Dame Campbell, pony up. I'll take the points with Detroit. I'll take two and a half points in Detroit covering.
Speaker 2: I like it. I think Detroit. This is my along with Nebraska, the one I like the most. I loved Dan Campbell on Hard Knocks, but I kind of thought this will never work. I'm not a Lions fan, but you know, your hard knocks, you kind of get attached to those teams. I'm really happy it did work. He seemed crazy. Remember the coordinators were young former players yelling all the time, but he's turned them around. I love the thing he did when he was like the Metallica song, you know, you stare into the abyss and the abyss stares into you.
Speaker 3: He had something about biting nee catch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, his first day, and nigus down will bite their leg.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It felt like I don't know if this guy's cut out to be a NFL head coach, but she clearly is working. Yeah. I like Detroit. They're going the super Bowl. What's next? More NFC one o'clock for you? How about the Eagles at the Giants. Eagles are a three point favorite. It's tough because both these teams to stink. Hmmm.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's tough. I'm gonna pick the Eagles, but I don't feel confident in it. Continuing my off road dog mentality, Yeah, I don't know anything about what the Giants are gonna show up. As Eagles are disappointing. Wandlle's like weapon one. Yeah, now the Giants the Eagles. I'll take the Eagles.
Speaker 2: I don't like this. I would stay away from this one. This game could have any score at the end. Yeah, the Eagles, no doubt about it. Being disappointed though, when we were talking about Super Bowl picks, I thought think even had them as my NFC I'm pretty upset. Billy.
Speaker 1: By the way, Chris Tomlin asked me to go. He's got season tickets to the Eagles Bengals game, not this week.
Speaker 2: But next week.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: I was gonna be able to go because it was at four o'clock, so my ESPN show would be over at one.
Speaker 2: I could go. And then the NFL just decides yesterday to move it to one o'clock. Oh, how dare they? Do they not know? Do they not know that their host, their expert host, Yeah, plans, how dare they?
Speaker 1: They just move the game to one o'clock and move Bears commanders to four point thirty and to take the place.
Speaker 3: I'm like, that's that's Is that because more people want to see Bears?
Speaker 1: Yes, well, I mean Kleb versus you know, Jaden Daniels and it's my Bears team, and I get that but like I was already excited. Listen to the Bears on the way up there, watch it in the tailgate, go to the game.
Speaker 2: Try not to fight people. You should be mad at the Eagles and Bengals for not being better at football.
Speaker 1: So now I'm not gonna get to I haven't been to a Bengals game in years and still don't get to go because they moved.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry. Damn the NFL. H we just the Eagles? How about we go to little San Francisco playing the Chiefs. Hosting the Chiefs. Forty nine ers are a one and a half point favorite. Stop, are you serious? I'm complete forty nine ers the favorite three and three? Forty nine ers? Is there a favorite? Hosting Kansas City? Are you worried? That was just at the Yankees game with Adam Lefko. He was with I tweet out a video. They're like, look at Taylor in the suite, and Adam Lefko is just as much in the video as Taylor Swift is. Adam Lefko was in Taylor Swift sweet. Yeah. He's like like it's a double level row of seats. He's just seated directly beneath her, so you see, Like, so does he know Taylor Swift? I know he knows the Kelsey's pretty well. I assume that's all. He probably knows Jason from Philly right. Well, he did a bunch of videos with the Kelsey's before they were at the Kelsey's.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: Now it'd be hard to get them to do any videos, but he did some you know, off comedy stuff with them years ago. Was a connection. But it's like, look, Taylor Swift and then left go is just point in the camera. Huh. Well, so are you worried traveling?
Speaker 1: Why do people say that, like, who cares? He's It's not like he's flying commercial on spirit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like he's you know, I'd say, uh, Taylor can get him back to Kansas City as quickly as he needs to.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean they do have some injury issues. Who the chiefs?
Speaker 2: Who cares? Is Mahomes healthy he is? Then that's all I care about.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: I mean I know they lost Pachinko and Freco and all that, it doesn't matter. Do they have Patrick Mahomes. I'm serious, Like, they couldn't have had a worse roster last year, and they won the Super Bowl.
Speaker 2: They just rotate those skill players. Yeah, she Rice is out. Okay, so they have Kareem Hunt. He had a good week last week. I know they have Juju Smith, Schuster, Valdeing.
Speaker 3: No, they dropped the Valding guy.
Speaker 1: Okay, who cares like it doesn't matter. They're gonna be good. They're always good, so they're gonna win.
Speaker 2: This guy.
Speaker 1: I can't believe they're rot I'd love to know mahomes records. When he's an underdog, he's got to be like ten one or something.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like the Chiefs there too. About a little Sunday night the Jets the New York Packers at Pittsburgh. Jets are one and a half point road favorite.
Speaker 1: The Jets are at Pittsburgh. The Jets have to win this game. So they just got Davante Adams.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, looks like the Steelers are going to start Russell Wilson.
Speaker 2: Oh is that breaking news?
Speaker 3: No, but that's who they expected. He's getting all the first team reps.
Speaker 2: Wait a minute, where are you hearing this?
Speaker 3: Adam Fields heard?
Speaker 2: I hope they're not. Russell Wilson disappeared to commercials. Adam Schefter said.
Speaker 3: That, yeah, I don't think it was today. I mean, they've been talking about it.
Speaker 2: I would stick with Justin Fields. Everyone wants to know what. I want to make sure you're right about. Okay, twelve minutes ago, NFL and ESPN just tweeted it. Adam Schefter thinks the see says, twelve minutes ago, how did you.
Speaker 1: Know it.
Speaker 3: Connected?
Speaker 2: I think that's connected the pulse.
Speaker 1: Of the Okay, well, it looks like you're right. Okay, I'm flipping. I'll take the Jets me too, thank you. I was gonna take Pittsburgh, but now off, I'm gonna take the road dog Jets because.
Speaker 2: There's no way that Russell Wilson is with. I hate I hate the Steelers and I hate that decision. That year has been good and Wilson him it's over. Wilson. Why would you switch a quarterback when you're four and two and when that quarterbacks Russell Wilson? How old is Russell Wilson nine hundred and fifty years up? Ever since he made that terrible sob yea yeah, danger all right? What else? I think we got one left? Two more? Oh yeah, Monday night doubleheader this week? Why we have four of them this year I saw somewhere that it's something with Disney having more games than tom slots because you know, they don't really have any Sundays, so they have several Monday double hitters.
Speaker 1: I think that was uh, I think it was the This is like an ESPN Plus only game. So this is the one game this year that you have to have ESPN Plus to see. Well, okay, yeah, we have had a lot of these. Baltimore at Tampa is the first game. Baltimore is a three and a half point favorite. Be a fun game, right, that's right at the number where I don't want to pick to four and two teams. I think Baltimore is good. I think Baltimore Baltimore Kansas City is gonna be great AFC Championship game. Liam Cohen, though, is putting up the points.
Speaker 2: Baltimore is my Super Bowl pick, but I think Tampa covers the three and a half. I think I'm with you. I like Tampa to This would be would be a good game. I like Tampa. Liam is the star of the NFL. Uh.
Speaker 1: We are struggling to score Agans Vandy, so uh, I'm gonna take I'm gonna take Tampa and give a little Tampa to here.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they lose by two points. Okay, Uh, the other game not nearly as interesting, Chargers at Cardinals. That's why this is on ESPN plus. Yeah, two and a half point. Chargers are a two and a half point.
Speaker 1: They expect to tune into this game Tampa and Baltimore on the other channel, and then they think people are gonna tune into this. Well, Chargers don't even have fans to begin with. Maybe they just surrendered it to be Lewis dan Orlovsky.
Speaker 2: And this other guy, whoever he is on television. All right, what's who's the favorite? LA is a two and a half point favorite at Arizona. I'm gonna go Chargers, Road dogs or road a lot of road dogs this week Chargers though again the road. It doesn't matter because they every game is a road game for the Chargers. So like short trip, Arizona's just right there. Yeah, it's probably Van right over. Yeah and that, like, let me tell you something about Arizona. Who's the coach?
Speaker 3: I was just gonna ask you know the coaches? Let me tell you somebo I'm gonna tell you the coach's name, and you still may not know who it is.
Speaker 2: First of all, let me let me just guess Dennis Screen.
Speaker 3: They are they we thought they were?
Speaker 2: Uh what about the guy?
Speaker 1: He just he just died recently, so I don't think he's steal the coach Joe Not Joe Rogan, Joe Episcopal, Joe Bugle, Scott.
Speaker 3: Remember Joe Bugle, I don't remember him.
Speaker 2: See if Joe Bugle was the coach b U G e L or b U G l E one of the what if I told you the Arizona coach played his college football in the Great State of Kentucky, Commonwealth of Kentucky.
Speaker 3: He's still not gonna get it.
Speaker 2: Okay, I did not know this till I just googled it myself. Let me think, uh, dam it is Jonathan Gannon who went to Louisville.
Speaker 3: Joe Bugle coached the Phoenix Cardinals from ninety to three.
Speaker 2: They're actually in the same city. Yeah, so Joe Bugle was there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so all right, So name all the Cardinals coaches you can remember Bugle gave you that one, didn as Green, Yeah, Cliff Kingsbury.
Speaker 3: Cliff Kingsbury who was the coach when they went to the Super Bowl with Korn Was it Wizen Hunt.
Speaker 2: That'd be a heck of a tool by you. If that's true, it's a great pick.
Speaker 3: It was the former Titans coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know of him because he went to the Titans. Here, pull up on Wikipedia. Who have the Cardinals coaches been? I got another one?
Speaker 1: Her one?
Speaker 2: Did herm have the job?
Speaker 3: Had the college job?
Speaker 2: Okay? The heavy guy with the glasses.
Speaker 3: Bruce uh, Bruce Arians, former Tampa coach.
Speaker 2: He was there, yep, I got it. And start with Joe Bugle and go down.
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, Joe Bugle. Then you had Buddy Ryan of course. Yeah, Vince Tobin.
Speaker 2: Don't know him.
Speaker 3: Dave McGinnis. That's a really nice guy. I actually know him.
Speaker 2: How do you know him?
Speaker 3: He does color for the Titans radio network. I interned with them.
Speaker 2: For a while. Name dropper over here, so connected.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dennis, Dennis Green Ken wizen Hunt, Okay, Bruce Arians. Steve Wilkes.
Speaker 2: Who's Steve Wilkes? Is that the guy who was the bodyguard on Jerry Springer? I think it was think Steve fight fight. Did he also coach the Cardinal.
Speaker 3: He was DC for the forty nine ers and then had one year with the Cardinals. Three and thirteen didn't work out well, it was then he had Cliff Kingsbury and then Jonathan Gannon.
Speaker 2: No, he did a good job there. So who's the answer to the Super Bowl? Because I feel like it wasn't wizen Hunt, but it is right there.
Speaker 3: What year did they go to the Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Is that? I want to say, like O two three something like that. Later in that because I was in college, I remember it was Roethlisberger versus Warner. Oh seven sounds about.
Speaker 3: How that would be Wizzing Hunt his first year.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, what's the name of the Louisville quarterback that threw hot dogs at me and Johnny Bruce on Bourbon Street?
Speaker 2: First I've heard of that Browning Nagel.
Speaker 3: I didn't have that name.
Speaker 2: Is that a person?
Speaker 3: I'm not sure?
Speaker 1: Yes, we were for Johnny's Batcher party. We were on one of the balconies and our buddy threw a hot dog and hit Browning Nagel in the head.
Speaker 3: Played for Louisville, then played in the NFL.
Speaker 2: I thought, and he threw one of you. Well, I didn't throw the initial hot dog, but Browning Nagel.
Speaker 3: What that's just a funny name.
Speaker 1: Browning Nagel was upset that one of Johnny's friends threw a hot dog and hit him, and he bought eight hot dogs and just started chucking aim at us when.
Speaker 2: You first brought us up. Though I thought he threw the first dog, he was not.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure which of Johnny's Wholigan friends were, but one of them was. The next thing I know, Browning Nagle and Browning Nagel still has a rocket. Okay, he played for the Jets.
Speaker 3: He did Jets, Colts Falcon and uh he was and.
Speaker 2: He could throw his dog in a spiral and he next thing I know, I'm dodging hot dogs from Browning Nagel. You know I've gotten a wet willie from Matt Castle before me just under attack. But I really have it true party. Yeah, Matt Castle gave me. He looked a little like my little well lubricated at that point of the night, sticks his wet finger in my ear. I turned around, I'm like, what the hell was that? Did he choose you to do? I didn't even know it was Matt Castle when it happened. I had my back to him, and when I turned around, It's like, what the hell was that He's like, I don't know, man, just felt like doing it. What's the name of the guy that lives in Lexington that is always nice to me and you? He was on like the real world. Who's friends with the Green Bay Packers? Go Banks? Eric Banks? Eric Banks? Yes, so Eric Branks would be at the derby parties with Aaron Rodgers and Randall Cobb and all.
Speaker 1: The Packers guys and uh. I remember Eric Banks looked at me one time and said, hey, man, you want to go to the club with me and Aaron Rodgers and whatever? And I was like, no, but you guys should have fun. I'm plucking you and have a good time to go.
Speaker 2: Before this was where he was.
Speaker 3: Just you know, a regular earth I hate my family Aaron Rodgers back then.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well this was a good addition.
Speaker 3: I still need a.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got charges there. Okay, all right, we got everything.
Speaker 3: That's it.
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Well, thank you all very much for uh for listening. Remember please bet responsibly and if you know, if Amish people are allowed to date non Amish people, let us know to suck
Speaker 2: Sa