Speaker 1: This episode is brought to you by all State. Some people just know they could save hundreds on car insurance by checking all State first. Like you know, to check the date of the big game first before you accidentally buy tickets on your twentieth wedding anniversary and have to spend the next twenty years of your marriage making up for it. Yeah, checking first is smart, So check all State first for a quote that could save you hundreds. You're in good hands with All States Savings. Very terms apply All State Fire and Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates, Northbrook, Illinois.
Speaker 2: Welcome in episode one eighteen, What's Right with Nick Wright as we preview the Divisional round of the NFL Playoffs, the single best weekend on the entire sports calendar. This weekend will be no different. Four football games, six of the eight teams in the league are still standing, plus a surprising Giants team and a not so surprising Prince from Jacksonville. All of that is on the calendar. We're gonna dive right in. By the way, thank you to everybody who's watching us live on YouTube. As I'm going to continue to mention we are really trying to get to one hundred thousand subscribers on YouTube, De Monte gets a cool plaque. We're like sixty five hundred short. So if you're watching right now, you're probably already subscribing. If you're not, please do so and hit the bell so you know when we go live. But additionally, if you know, if you wanted to tweet out or instagram or whatever, promote the link to our YouTube page. We'd greatly appreciate it. But let's get right in first. We will discuss what we're not discussing on today's show. Oh Demant probably don't even know this. Nick Tennis Corner about to be back with a vengeance. The Australian Open, one of our four majors, is underway as we speak of. Nadal lost in round one while you were sleeping a few nights ago. Now, he did get hurt in the match, however, he was already down a set and a break when he got When he got hurt, he was being outplayed. Shout out to the unranked American that beat him. Djokovic was allowed to actually enter Australia for the first time post COVID after the vaccine controversy. He's winning. He's won Sean Payton interviews with Denver and Houston, and a foot archery record has been set in Australia. We're not going to discuss any of those things. And by the way, oh there's the video. By the way of the foot archery record, let me watch this. That is pretty impressive. This is why he should describe on YouTube that, oh wow, look at that bullseye. Nailed it. So you can see if you're listening, you missed video of a young lady standing on her head and hitting a bullseye a La Robin Hood from I don't know thirty meters out using only your feet but demon And also check out the chat and in the chat, include your questions and Dusty, if you're watching, we'll try to get your questions.
Speaker 3: Chat.
Speaker 2: Dusty is live in the chat. All right, deman, say what are we starting with?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 4: Man, tough game for you coming up. Chiefs won game from the Super Bowl the Prince to remain undefeated on Saturdays. Which one Take your pick. It must be hard for you being the number one Kansas City guy, but also being the number one Trevor Lawrence stand in the media.
Speaker 2: Is Stan or truth teller? Have I told a lie about Trevor Lawrence have been that's fine, but Stan, I feel like is a bridge too far, But go ahead.
Speaker 4: The question on everyone's mind is what is the best case scenario for Nick right.
Speaker 2: To just continue to be right about this as I've been all year long. Guys, all I did was when the Jags were foreign eight, or maybe they had won one game, maybe they were five and eight was I and the Titans at that point in time still looked really good. I had the courage to come on television, to come on this show and say the Jags were still making the playoffs and that they were not, and that they were not only making the playoffs, they were going to win a playoff game and they would not lose again until they played Kansas City in the divisional round. And I said that when they were like the eleven seed in the AFC, and yet they have not lost since then. They won the playoff game in stirring fashion, and now they will lose to Kansas City in the divisional round. It is worth noting Trevor's two I'd said this on television yesterday, I will reiterate it here today. Trevor's two best previous player comps are Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning. Andrew Luck, early in his career, I think it was year two, had a twenty eight point playoff comeback. That one was against my Chiefs, and then went to New England that at the time dynasty of the AFC and got his teeth kicked in. The very next year, played New England in the playoffs again and got his teeth kicked in. Peyton Manning. Now it took Peyton Manning six years to get his first playoff win, but after he did, he then went to New England and got his teeth kicked in the very next year he got beat by New England again before finally breaking through the following year. So Trevor Lawrence is already ahead of schedule. But now he hits his head on the ceiling of the AFC, that is the Kansas City Chiefs.
Speaker 3: So you're picking the Chiefs.
Speaker 2: Of course, I'm picking the Chiefs. The Chiefs are. The Chiefs are so clearly the best team in the AFC. I can't say they are so clearly the best team in the NFL because San Francisco is a legitimate threat on both sides of the ball. But Kansas City had the best record, they have the best player, They have a top three defensive player in Chris Jones. They have one of the best weapons in the league in Travis Kelce. Quietly, that young defense second in the league in sacks for the season, not a small sample size this season, and they are healthiest they've been all year. So for all those reasons, I do not think the Jags are ready for this level. They were ready for the previous level. And so what is my best case scenario. My best case scenario is the Chiefs get up early, run away, and hide and it was a hell of a season for Trevor and the Jags.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I just feel like there's a little bit more room because you love being right, but it's kind of kind of conflicted what you just said.
Speaker 3: I think you've got a lot more room to be right with Lawrence than you do with the Chiefs.
Speaker 4: And I feel like if they were to beat the Chiefs, you were just that much more right.
Speaker 3: See.
Speaker 2: But the thing is this, I'm already you right about Trevor Lawrence, when in a way no one else was. I picked the Jags before the year to make the playoffs, to go nine to eight, and I never abandoned it right and much to your guys chagrined you guys put gambling bands on me on the Jags. But I also, all year long was very consistent that the Chiefs have been wildly undervalued, and by the way, we continue to see it. But we saw this game earlier this year, and the Jags did a surprise on sidekick to start the game. They the Chiefs then turned the ball over three times, and the Chiefs still won comfortably. They were up twenty to nothing, they were up twenty seven to seven. In this game. There was no point where it looked like the Chiefs could lose, even though the Jags essentially got four extra possessions. The Jags defense was never able to stop Kansas City except when kan City was fumbling the football. So I have massive respect for what Doug Peterson's done. I obviously think Trevor Lawrence is not the next great quarterback in this league. He's already a great quarterback in this league. But this is where the run ends.
Speaker 3: So a couple questions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, this's a little random, but if me and your Slovenian some to play one on one in basketball, who are you picking to win?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: Does that have to do with anything?
Speaker 4: Okay, because it's like the Chiefs Jags to your two teams.
Speaker 2: Okay, well I would probably pick a guy who's top two player in the NBA over you, buddy.
Speaker 4: Okay, disrespectful okay, all right, and another one if the Prince somehow pulls this off.
Speaker 3: Are the trumpets? Coming back to? First things first?
Speaker 2: So here's the thing. Those those guys, I don't know if I'm supposed to say this or not, but I will. Those guys who come in now three times. They are from Juilliard, which is the world's most prestigious, prestigious performing arts institution for acting, music, all of it. We have to book them. The best part about those guys being there is we have had to book them days. We booked them the previous week. So that is how that is how convinced I've been at each turn that we are booking them a week before these games are played, and they are coming through for me. So am I booking them today to come back Monday? I am not. Okay, I tell you right, You know what I the I'm not gonna burn money, whether it's my money or fs one's money. When we know how this one's ending. So the trumpets. Now maybe here's the and here's the other thing. On this particular game, I've got my co hosts just so boxed in. What are they going? How could they possibly like try to have one over on me? No matter the result here, do you think they can come in Monday? If the Jags lose?
Speaker 4: Me?
Speaker 2: Like, hah, Nick, the Chiefs are in their fifth straight AFC title game.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: And if the Chiefs lose, yeah, I'll be sad, but it's because Trevor was even better than I said. So it's a win window.
Speaker 3: If they end up winning, all do the emergency trumpet session?
Speaker 2: Oh you'll come in?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: No, PRIBLEM I appreciate that. All right?
Speaker 4: Next, all right, we could be in for a game to remember on Sunday between Dallas and San Francisco. Rock Party and Dak Prescott both silenced the Doubters in the wildcard round. Both teams have loaded rosters and have strong defenses. Are you worried another statement game from Dak could put your Super Bowl prediction into the ground?
Speaker 2: All right? So I have before the year on our gambling show, I gave out fifty to one documented Chiefs Niners Super Bowl right now, that bet would you'd get it at like seven to one, right, So if that in fact, I think worse, I think like five to one maybe. So it obviously was amazing value. I am not worried about this game. I think the Niners positional versatility, their ability to put out used check Simac Kittle, Ayuk and Debo on the field, and you don't know if they're gonna run. You don't know what they're gonna do. I think it is going to be such a more sophisticated offense than the one Tampa was running last week. By the way, what did Tampa think of their offense last week? Moments ago? They just fired Byron Leftwich. By the way, what a bad beat for Byron Leftwich. The guy was getting head coach interviews. They actually you know what, now I think about it. It was reported last year that because Byron Leftwich Demons back before you were a big football fan, was the Jaguars quarterback. And after they fired Urban Meyer, it was reported last year they wanted to hire Byron Leftwich and he turned the job down, reported because he didn't like to set up with the GM there. So he was going to get to coach Trevor he turned it down to go with Peterson. It works out great. Now he's fired, So that's a sidebar. But my point is that Bucks were running a caveman offense with no running game whatsoever. The Niners have one of the most versatile, devastating running games we've seen in modern NFL history, so I think it's gonna keep the Cowboys pass rush off balance. I also think the Niners defense is drastically better than the Bucks defense, and Dak's not gonna be able to wheel and deal quite the way he was on Monday Night. Also, and this is a if I were a Cowboys fan, I'd be really upset about this. The Niners played Saturday afternoon, the Cowboys played Monday night. So that is a two and a half day rest advantage going into the divisional round. It's a massive difference. Yeah, and so all of that screams Niners. Now. I want to say something else here. I am not convinced brock Purty is good. You don't like that take, but here's my very simple justification. I was never convinced Jimmy Garoppolo is good and Brock Purty is playing better than Jimmy G. But it is it is not so much worldly better for you to be to convince me that this isn't simply the system. Now, Purty is better downfield faster than Jimmy G. I'll give him that. But the fact that we have seen this offense work with Jimmy G to the tune of getting to the Super Bowl, getting to a conference championship game, and that they were able to do that with worse weapons than they currently have because they didn't have Christian McCaffrey, to me, speaks to the fact that this is a Kyle Shanahan situation. Now Party, is he better than a seventh round pick? Should be sure, But am I convinced that Brock Purty would be having any success that no matter what system he was an he would be having success.
Speaker 4: Absolutely rock Party was playing the forty nine ers, he'd be screwed.
Speaker 2: Oh I think he would be ruined. Yes, absolutely right, And so it almost you know, it is almost good for the NFL that the Niners don't have a great quarterback because they have the best defense in the league and the best weapons in the league and a good offensive line and a super savvy coach. Like the only reason to me there is real intrigue in this season is because, uh, it is because the the Niners have a question at quarterback. But I think Brock party and the Niners win. But I don't think it's because of Brock Purty all right.
Speaker 4: Next, the poll that people the fans with you, seventy five percent say or seventy seven percent say no, twenty three percent say yes.
Speaker 3: Thanks on Will Dallas upset?
Speaker 2: Yeh, San Francisco?
Speaker 4: Sorry, yeah, but next, the Bengals haven't lost since Halloween, but are getting five points in Buffalo. Meanwhile, the Bills will have a huge home field advantage obviously, especially if Jamorrow Hamlin ends up coming back into the building. Will it be enough to overcome roller coaster Josh Allen's mistakes and Cincinnati.
Speaker 2: I don't think so. I love Cincinnati getting points. I actually also liked them to win out right. I do think there will be massive emotion at the beginning of this game, and I expected Moore Hamlin to be there. With that said, there couldn't possibly be more emotion than there was in the Bills Patriots game when Naim Hines returned to the opening kick for a touchdown. Right, and yet the Bills found themselves trailing in that game, Naim Hines returned another kick for a touchdown and the Patrio were still right there. So I don't think you're gonna be able to purely ride the emotion. And if I am Buffalo, if I'm a Buffalo fan, I am incredibly concerned about how my secondary has looked. Now this is in part that is unfortunately and I'm only even comfortable saying this because Damar's you know, looks like he's going to be totally fine. They missed Damar Hamlin, he was already filling in for Micah Hyde. Then he obviously is lost for the year, and now they have a third string safety in there, and Jordan Poyer, their other Pro Bowl safety, is banged up, and they're not getting pressure on the quarterback as much anymore because they don't have von Miller. If if von Miller were healthy, the Bengals offensive line injuries no left tackle, no right tackle, no right guard, might be enough for von Miller to single handedly win him this game, the way he flipped the Chiefs game at the end earlier this season. But von Miller's been out and the defense hasn't been the same and Josh Allen can't help himself. Josh Allen could have had five turnovers in a game against Miami that all he had to do was take care of the ball and they couldn't lose. If Josh Allen simply is cautious with the football, they can't lose that game. Instead, he's throwing bomb after bomb after bomb. And I saw people when I criticized him for that on Monday, say, oh, well, if such and such catches this, and guys, fifty yard passes down the field are hard to throw and hard to catch. Those balls are dropped more often than nice, easy, safe eight to twelve yard passes. Now, obviously they have a much higher upside, but there is risk to go along with that reward risk that they're picked. But also you are asking your receiver in a dead sprint, often laying out hitting the turf, to control that ball. So I guys, dropping those is not shocking. That is not something that's like, oh, if we do it again, they want to. Of course they could have those drums. The reason those passes are so hard is you need two guys to do something great, the throw and the catch. And so I don't like the way Josh Allen has been playing. He has thirty two combined picks and fumbles on the year. Joe Burrow and the Bengals, by the way, should have lost this weekend, but they didn't, and both of these teams obviously could have lost. Neither did. The Bengals were going up against the best defense in the league. The Bills were going up against the team that had limped into the playoffs losing five of six ers on the third string quarterback, and a team whose offense had just scored nine points against the Jets. That game was it ended eleven to six because of a safety at the end and the Dolphin move to the football. So I like Cincinnati in this spot.
Speaker 3: All right, next, all right, here's a crazy stat.
Speaker 4: Yep, dak is somehow the oldest remaining quarterback in the playoffs at twenty nine years old. Mahomes and Allen are the only other quarterbacks left in the playoffs on their second contracts.
Speaker 3: Rogers, Russ Watson, and.
Speaker 4: Kyler we Top were the top four highest paid quarterbacks this year and they all missed the playoffs. That's not gonna stop teams from going all into bit on Lamar, Rogers and even Derek Carr. But do these playoffs prove it's better to throw darts in the draft than a dish out of fact contract for a veteran?
Speaker 2: Okay, no, the playoffs don't prove that. So and by the way, this is you said, Dak is the oldest of the remaining quarterbacks. Of all the quarterbacks that made the AFC playoffs, Mahomes was the oldest. And let's talk about that when we talk about throwing darts. So you have Joe Burrow number one overall pick, Trevor Lawrence number one overall pick, Josh Allen top ten pick, Patrick Mahomes top ten pick, Justin Herbert top ten pick. So those aren't darts, and whom I and then Tua is the reason Miami was in the playoffs. He was a top ten pick. And then the reason the Ravens were in the playoffs was Lamar who was an of the first round pick, right, so to me, and why did the Ravens lose? In part because their quarterback couldn't get it done? Okay, So there's that now. The NFC, Kirk Cousins was a third round pick, Dak was a fourth round pick. Brock Purty was a seventh round pick. Daniel Jones was a top ten pick but hasn't worked out. Jalen Hurts was a second round pick. Here's what is true. If you can get a quarterback no matter where you draft him, that is good enough for you to compete immediately when he's a rookie, it is the fastest way to trying to build a contender. Because quarterbacks make forty million in your pay Guys on rookie deals almost nothing, and everybody knows that. It's also why for Cincinnati this is and I really like Joe Burrow, but when he said my super Bowl window is in my entire career, well yes and no, yes it is your entire career. To would agree, But this might be the most talented team he ever has because they're gonna have to pay him. They're gonna have to pay Jamar Chase. If you pay both of those guys, you can't pay T. Higgins as well. And if you do choose to pay T. Higgins as well, then you're not gonna be able to pay anybody. On defense. The fact that Higgins, Chase, and Joe are all on their rookie deals is such a huge edge and the Chiefs by the way, won their Super Bowl when Mahomes on his rookie deal. Now that Mahomes got paid, that's part of the reason you move on from Tyreek Hill now. So no, I think that as far as now, the worst thing you can do, to answer your question directly, is to pay a mid tier quarterback like he's a star. That is what has hurt Dallas. That is what has hurt the Vikings. That is what a lot of people felt hurt, the Raiders, hurt the Titans. Paying these guys that are just okay, twenty five to thirty five million bucks, in Dak's case, forty million bucks. You don't want to do that. So if the question is would I rather draft a guy or give Derek Carr forty million a year? Probably draft a guy unless I like the Jets might be an exception because they have had so such non existent success in drafting guys. They have the rest of the team already built. But yeah, I think that overpaying the mid tier quarterback is the quickest possible path to being okay but not a true contender. That I fully and totally agree with. All Right, keep your questions and comments coming in the chat. Take a very Quick Break, Comeback WA's Right? Episode one to eighteen Live on YouTube.
Speaker 5: This episode is brought to you by Unstoppable. Discover the inspiring true story about Anthony Roebliss, who defined every expectation to become a national wrestling champion, and Unstoppable, a new original movie from Amazon MGM Studios and director William Goldenberg, evoking the excitement and camaraderie of classic sports dramas and thrilling wrestling matches. Unstoppable features an all star ensemble cast including Jirelle Jerome, Jennifer Lopez, Don Cheatle, Michael Tania, and Bobby Canavali. Watch Unstoppable now exclusively on Amazon Prime Video.
Speaker 2: All Right, welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right? Episode one eighteen. Let's get right to it. A little bit of hoops before we get back to football. And also, by the way, put your comments and questions in the chat. We'll get to those in the next segment. Monte go right ahead, all right.
Speaker 4: The Warriors traveled to Boston for the first time since the finals tonight.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 4: The Celtics at the top of the East, riding a seven game win streak. Those boys, well, Golden State has a five hundred and only won five ro games all year. Still, both teams are favorites to win their conferences. Yes, the Warriors started slow, obviously, but without stacked the East is do you have more faith in them to win their conference than Boston?
Speaker 2: Absolutely not. The Warriors are broken. Here we go the now. Listen, my pick in the East before the year was Philly. Right now, I think the smartest bet it's probably Milwaukee. But that's just blind faith in Giannis and the blind faith Middleton will come back at some point and play, you know, look at all like Chris Middleton. There's a long time injury Longton. I mean he's played seven games year, but didn't look like himself. But I don't think the Warriors are good. The Warriors needed someone young to take a lead. Wiseman went in the wrong direction, kaminga state where he was at Moody maybe went in the wrong direction. And Pool has not improved one percent and every listen. The Lakers, for instance, had a terrible loss last night, another game where there's nothing like I think Lebron had thirty two, nine and eight and it just doesn't matter and they lose to the Kings. The Kings who, by the way, are good Kings are twenty five and eighteen, and dearon Fox, a guy you remember from Houston is unbelievable.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 2: But the Warriors, so the Lakers think about how injury riddled, how bad, how up and not even up and down, mostly down the Lakers have been. The Warriors are two and a half games up on them in the standings. The Warriors this year are five and seventeen on the road, and Steph is back. And you simply cannot convince me that it is coincidental that the Warriors. All the vibes have been off ever since Draymond hit Jordan Poole right, And by the way, the aside from the plus side for the Warriors is there have been some moments where it looked like Clay was getting some of the old Clay stuff back. He's up to forty percent from three, savaging twenty a game. Those are all positive signs. But Jordan Poole, who can't defend, who is not a great passer, shooting thirty one percent from three is a disaster for them, And and Draymond just being, you know, an eight seven and seven guy. That's one thing. If you've got the league's best defense, because it's like, Okay, Draymond's the biggest reason for and the Warriors when they win titles. Last year included have been a top three defensive team the Warriors this year, where they are in defensive rating, I'm going to give it to you real quick. This season the Golden State Warriors in defensive rating, I think they're fourteenth. No, I'm wrong, I overrated them. They're seventeen. So if you have a below average defense, what's Draymond doing for you? And so I don't look at the Wars. If I'm talking about the Western Conference right now, you've got to say Memphis, New Orleans, if Zion gets healthy, and Denver are all clearly better than the Warriors. I think Dallas could be because they would have the best player on the court, and I Sacramento I don't trust long term. And then the question is are the Lakers actually going to try to win and make a move or they find just squandering this year. I don't know, But the Warriors aren't in as much trouble as the Suns are, who are twenty one and twenty four, But they're in real trouble. To me, they are not a finals contender next.
Speaker 3: All right, so we're playing right ends.
Speaker 2: Oh so it's a game. Do we have props? Got you an marker and a whiteboard? I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so our first one we've got mondays seem like it could be the end for tom Brady, though we've been saying that for a decade. I'm sure the goat doesn't want to go out like that. It was a really bad game, but I bet he still has a Peyton Manning like run left in him. Before joining you at Fox Studios, what do you think tom Brady's next stop?
Speaker 2: Right before I answer this, did you remember the Erasers? If you did not, why don't I answer this while you hop up into some paper towers or something or else. We're not going to be able to erase these all right, So yeah, Demande already wrote his answer. He's going to go grab the Erasers. So I think that we're gonna power rank the possible Tom Brady destinations as the following. I think the most likely destination is New England. I'm sorry, is Miami because of the concerns about to his health. Because Steven Ross, the owner there, is a big Michigan guy. Because they tried to get him previously. I think Miami is the most likely destination. I think the next most likely destination is the Raiders because Josh McDaniels is there and they scuttled Derek Carr for a reason. I think the next most likely destination is the Pats, and I think the I think the only other possible kind of sneaky destination possibility is Tennessee because vrabel is there. But my answer, I am going to say Tom Brady next year is in Miami. Demonsa, you say the Pats, noep, you think it's a little homecoming.
Speaker 3: I think he's going back to the Patriots.
Speaker 2: Brady just can't help himself, but try to following Lebron's footsteps.
Speaker 3: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he goes to Florida, wins a title or two, then goes back to the team, and then he tries to end in California. Also, by the way, we have a little additional in case people missed the news earlier. Tampa Bay offensive coordinator Byron left, which was fired this morning. Apparently when they win, it's all Tom, and when they lose, it's all Byron.
Speaker 3: Fuck.
Speaker 2: Oh go ahead, no, go ahead, ask the question.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, do you think he gets head coach? Look, do you think he gets any head head coaching looks this offseason?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think that we're not particularly fair to black coaches in this league. He wasn't getting a real aside from the jack job. He didn't have any great opportunities and head coaching looks when people liked him. Now he just got fired. So no. Also, though, Gabe put this in just because he wants to take a shot at Tom Brady. So this is where I remind Gabe, Gabe, Today's the twenty one year anniversary of the tuck rule when the whole thing started. Today is the twenty one year anniversary. That's been twenty one years of this guy but deviling our producer, David.
Speaker 4: But go ahead, another shot at Tom Brady. I just noticed how I think people say that NFL teams have the tendency to follow the same characteristics as their quarterback.
Speaker 3: And I heard an announcer.
Speaker 4: Saying on the TV that the Tampa Bay offense and defense just looked old and sluggish, and I think that was like a direct correlation.
Speaker 2: Maybe, I mean, he did look old. Brady can't move anymore except for when he's trying to you know, slide tackle. The opposite had been a great public that would have been a good public defender. That was a dirty play, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, the Eagles are coming off the buy in our favorite to beat the Giants for the third time this year, but there's still major questions surrounding Jalen Hurts and his shoulder injury.
Speaker 3: Reports are he won't be one hundred percent on Sunday.
Speaker 4: To win, the Eagles need Jalen Hurts at So here's the thing.
Speaker 2: I don't think he's going to be one hundred. But I also think that there is a path for the Eagles to win where they do nothing on offense, because I think that I'm not I'm this is not what I'm saying is my prediction, but I'm saying I think there is a path where let's see where they where they win based purely on what that defensive line can do to Right now, Daniel Jones, who I think right now is getting a little too much hype, and so I I if Jalen Hurts is one hundred percent, yeah they they or even ninety percent that should guarantee a win. But I think even fifty percent they theoretically could win if the defensive line just gets to Daniel Jones the way I think it will, demands put up eighty three percent. I if you guys saw me do this thing, I was trying to see what it looked like. I drew the struggle emoji guy, all right, but I don't know how many percent he has to be. So that's what I tried to draw it, you know.
Speaker 4: The Yeah, So I don't know.
Speaker 2: I don't know what percent he has to be because I think this might be more about what the Eagles defense can do to the Giants offense. Next Picasso and thanks all right.
Speaker 4: Speaking of Eagles Giants, I've rallied the demand stands and reorganized them into Danny Dives fans.
Speaker 3: I think he has what it takes this week.
Speaker 4: And I say that honestly speaking after facing Phillis defense.
Speaker 3: Daniel Jones stock will go.
Speaker 2: That one's very easy and my drawings even easier. Uh listen, I think that. So you've got Demonse's got an arrow pointing up, I've got an arrow pointing down.
Speaker 4: Daniel Jones didn't care about that pass rush Man when he could run.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. I think this is a game where the way you beat Philly is get them vertical. The Giants don't have the receiver threats to do that. They Eagles are gonna be have a spy on Daniel Jones. I think he's gonna be a really, really tough game for him. If the Eagles are gonna win, they're gonna have the force turnovers. The defense is gonna have to be excellent. Saquon's gonna have to be excellent. I don't think Daniel Jones has a big game. I think the Eagles are gonna press those receivers and take away those dinks and dunks that he's lived on all year. So I think the stock goes down next.
Speaker 3: All right.
Speaker 4: Aaron Rodgers told Pat mccaffee then McAfee, McAfee sorry that.
Speaker 3: He still thinks he can win MVP in the right situation.
Speaker 4: Seems like he found some new confidence obviously, maybe some old ayahuasca lying around.
Speaker 3: The only way Aaron Rodgers can win MVP is what a weird thing? Though?
Speaker 2: What's a weird thing?
Speaker 4: I mean, I guess I don't play football, but was he chasing an MVP? Well, he's freaking a Super Bowl?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, it's a weird thing. And Gronk kind of took a shot at him for that exact point. I think his point was I won the MVP last year, I could win it again. But the only way Aaron Rodgers can win MVP is hallucination. Listen, when it goes, for guys, it goes. We have seen it. Drew Brees went from almost winning an MVP to out of the league in two years. Peyton Manning went from fifty five touchdowns to out of the league in two years. Tom Brady led the league in multiple major passing categories a year ago. He's going to be out of the league in two years. Rogers was not good this year, and because he makes fifty million, it's not like he's gonna be able to go to some stacked team. So he's done winning MVPs in this league.
Speaker 4: Flatley next, All right, you have to feel bad for Brett Meyer for missing his first four extra extra point attempts Monday night. Then again, he's a pro athlete paid to make kicks. Extra points can be that hard, right, or can't be that hard, right? So if I take five extra point kicks, how many would I hit?
Speaker 2: All Right, I want you to answer this honestly. I want you to answer it honestly, and I'm very curious what you're gonna say. Let me see what your number is. You put two, all right, that's fair point.
Speaker 3: It's not a whole.
Speaker 2: It's not a fifty yard I put one. So here's the thing.
Speaker 3: Two.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So you and I were on the same baitch here. Demanse is a good enough natural athlete that I think that so an extra point. By the way, it's not college to where you're kicking from the nine.
Speaker 4: It's like the twenty five, right, well, you're kicking from the twenty two two.
Speaker 2: So yeah, because they sent from the fifteen, it's like a thirty two to thirty three yard field goal. I think Demanse, once he shanked the first one the second one, once you get a feel for it, I think you could make one.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I absolutely think you could make one. We we had a family dinner like four months ago down the street from here, actually, and and I know people don't necessarily believe this, and I was not near the athlete Demonse was, but I was, I would say I was. How do I put it? So? I was terrible with what I would call the hand eye coordination element of sports. So I couldn't hit a baseball. I was a bad tennis player. I kind of had a funky jump shot those things. But I was very very good at track. I could jump really high. In high school, I never in a game, but I dunked a basketball. I'm barely over six feet and I still not the last few months. But ride the peloton and finish in the top zero point one percent of basically every class. Orlovski and who's the other guy? And Orlovsky and Booger McFarland always post their peloton scores, and I crushed those guys. Crush them. So I foolishly thought, because of my youth, not my current youth, but because of my ability to run and jump as a youth, and because I'm still good at the peloton, that I could compete with Demanse in a race. So we did, me versus the three kids in a race down the street, and Demanse was wearing flip slides, and I got an unintentional bit of a head start and it was what I would call probably a one hundred yard dash made, and within four steps Demonse was fifteen meters ahead of me, and I mean was running backwards.
Speaker 4: At the end, and I mean it's in the legs, man.
Speaker 2: I mean it was. First of all, the strides were unbelievably long. Second of all, I mean it was just nothing I could have done. Nothing I could have done. So I do think you could. You're fast, and you're tall, and you're strong. So I do think you could kick a field goal. I don't think I think it would have to be on a practice field by yourself.
Speaker 3: Oh you don't think I can did a field goal in the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's a little bit of a different situation.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, fair enough, All right, Well I answer your listener questions and viewer questions. Next What's Right? Welcome back in What's Right with Nick Right YouTube show podcast. Please subscribe, rate, review, do all those things. We're trying to get to one hundred thousand subscribers. Dusty, if you're watching, man, just text me your question. I feel bad. I'm looking at the question. Oh wait, we've got one on from him. Okay, good, Okay, we got a Dusty question in there. I'll do that one first, all right, go ahead and do it first.
Speaker 4: All right, Dusty said, we need to get demonte watching the all twenty two.
Speaker 3: Daniel Jones stinks.
Speaker 2: So the All twenty two is the film Teams and Scouts US where instead of the game broadcast, they call it all twenty two because you see all twenty two players. It's like the end zone and the sideline view where you can see what everyone does on every play, so you can see you, did he miss an open guy? Was this how you can actually break down film?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 2: So his point is when you watch it from that perspective, you realize Daniel Jones is not very good. Listen, Daniel Jones average two hundred yards per game this season, fewer than one touchdown pass per game. He had two games this year where he had more than two hundred and thirty yards passing, and in both those games he threw interceptions. If you the moment you take the handcuffs on him, he'll turn the ball over again. Dable's done a great job. He is not a great quarterback. We were talking earlier about the worst thing you can do with a quarterback, and I said, over, hey, the mid tier guys, that's what's about to happen Daniel Jones, because he's a free agent. If the Giants they should probably just franchise tag him, but if they sign him, they're gonna regret it.
Speaker 3: Next dare you Dusty? All right?
Speaker 4: Jonathan asked, I Djokovic wins the Calendar Grand Slam, will he become the goat of tennis.
Speaker 2: For a lot of people? Yes?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 2: For me? I listen, I flatly believe that Federer played at the highest level anyone has ever played at, and I think Nadal has the best resume. So I have Djokovic in third. Now. If he goes through the Grand Slam this year, will I have to reevaluate? Probably, But with Na Doll battling injuries and Federer done, it's I don't want to say it, won't be as impressed, still be very impressed. Still got to go through Kurios I understand all that, and I'm probably being biased here, but I don't think anyone's ever played at a higher level than Federer at his best, and I think the Doll's resume right now looks pretty unimpeachable. But if Djokovic wins the next four, I guess I'll have to adjust.
Speaker 3: That next, Okay.
Speaker 4: Joey Demonte asked would mahomes on the forty nine ers be the best team ever, Yes, easily, Yeah, yeah, easy, yeaheah.
Speaker 2: I mean, here's the thing. Mahomes has never had a great defense, so he's never even had, statistics speaking, a very good defense. I would and the Chiefs are trying to fix that. That's why they traded Tyreek and drafted all those young guys. I would love for there to be a moment in Mahomes' career where he gets what Brady got, which is get to eighteen points and we win, you know what I mean, and so that, but I just don't think, I mean, on the Niners with those he has had weapons similar what the Niners have, but he's never had a running game or a defense at all like what the Niners have. All right, next, all right, Jake, Yeah, Jake Archer. Oh did you did?
Speaker 3: You said the Chiefs had the second most sacks this year? Yeah, we're just talking about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they did have the second most sacks, but that but their defense does not rank in the top ten as far as points per game, yards per game. They have been able to get after the quarterback, but they have not been any great defense.
Speaker 3: The no, of.
Speaker 2: Course, but the so here's the thing. They have actually had a really good pass rush, but their overall pass defense has been well below average. If the quarterback gets the ball out, we haven't been able to cover people they the and as far as points per game allowed, all of that stuff, they've been right below league average. It's still it's just what It's just what's been the case, all right.
Speaker 4: Next, uh, Jake Arsher asked, who's your ideal fit to pair with Luca no restrictions.
Speaker 2: No restrictions. AD A D is the answer. But because of the injury factor with AD, like long term, a guy like Evan Mobley would be amazing. Embiid Actually embiids my answer, EMBEI, it is my answer. You want a great defensive big who can also score but doesn't necessarily need the ball a ton and so AD is perfect, which is why he was perfect with Lebron, because Luke and Lebron are very similar. But AD's injuries at this point you just got to say, you've got to bank on them happening, all right.
Speaker 4: Last one, Jose ap as, who's the best fit, Joe Burrow or yourself?
Speaker 3: Who has the best fits.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna go Joe Burrow because he can pull off so many things that I can't because he is just naturally I mean, that's harsh, but I mean he's fifteen years younger than me, right, He's a true celebrity. He just carries himself like such a cool guy. I can pull a lot of stuff out off when I'm out with your mom because I kind of like coast off her coolness. But when I'm just by myself, the only reason I can get away with wearing some of the stuff I wear is because I have sent my notoriety. I couldn't wear dress how I dress. If I was just like a mid level lawyer, he'd be like, what is wrong with this guy? But no, the answer is Joe Burrow. All right, really good show, fun show. Everybody, please like, rate, subscribe, review, do all those things. We'll talk to you guys tomorrow for the divisional weekend gambling show coming off another winning weekend. We'll do all that tomorrow and what's right around nine thirty in the morning. I think we'll see you in and also talk to you on Monday and on TV later today. What's right