Speaker 1: Okay for the High and Mighty Tour people, we are rocket and rolling. These are the shows we have coming up. May fifteenth, I will be in Saratoga. May sixteenth, Monterey, May seventeenth, Modesto. I will be in port Chester on June fourth, and we added two new dates to the High and Mighty Tour. On June third, I am coming to Saratoga Springs, New York, so pre sale has begun for that, and then on June twenty eighth, I am coming to Nantucket and pre sale has started on that.
Speaker 2: June fifth, I will be in Boston, Massachusetts. June twelfth, I will be in Portland, Oregon. And June thirteenth, I will be in Seattle, Washington. June twenty seventh is going to be Hyennas, Massachusetts. August sixth is Red Bank, New Jersey. August seventh, I'm coming home to Montclair, New Jersey. August fifteenth is Calgary, Alberta, Canada. September eighteenth, Santa Barbara September nineteenth, San Diego. September twenty fifth, I will be at the Beacon in New York City. September twenty sixth, I will be in Philadelphia. September twenty seventh, New Haven, Connecticut. October second, Atlanta, Georgia, October third, Baltimore, Maryland, October fourth, Saginaw, Michigan, October ninth, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, October tenth, Toronto, Canada, October sixteenth. I'm coming to Boise, Idaho, October seventeenth, Spokane, Washington, November seventh. I will be in San Francisco and November thirteenth, Salt Lake City November twentieth, Austin November twenty first, Houston, Texas, November twenty second, Irving, Texas. December fifth.
Speaker 1: I am adding a second show in Denver for those of you who can get tickets to the first one. And on December sixth, I will be coming to Vancouver, Canada.
Speaker 2: Okay, those are all my dates for the High and Mighty Door. Go to Chelsea Handler dot com for tickets.
Speaker 3: Hi.
Speaker 2: How are you king, Chelsea?
Speaker 3: Hi?
Speaker 4: I'm great. I actually just got back from a nice little trip to Mexico with two of my girlfriends. I go on every years. Yeah. Good, yeah, very very toasty and warm.
Speaker 1: D It's nice to feel arrested after a vacation.
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah. And it's nice to have something to look forward to every year, where it's like this is where we go. Well, I have a follow up. This is Charlotte who called in on our Judy Career episode a while back. So she was frustrated because her wife was the bread winner but had had like a job change and had gotten fired from her job a couple of times. They have a little kid, and you had recommendations like do a gratitude journal and like change your attitude, start looking positively, and she was like in a tough spot with her marriage. So she says, Hi, Chelsea, I wanted to send a quick follow up. Not long after our call, something pretty amazing happened. About three weeks after we talked. My wife got an awesome new job, and then a week after that, I was promoted at my job. Oh, oh my gosh, I know now I'm actually up for another promotion. And I have my first appointment with a fertility doctor this week to get busy having a second kid. I'm not sure exactly how to explain it, but there really is something powerful about reminding yourself every day what you're grateful for. Taking a moment to folks on that seems to shift your mindset in a really positive way, and that's been pretty incredible to see how things have started falling into place since then. Thank you so much. You're really helping people in a time like now we all really need it. Thank you so much, Chelsea, and see you in port Chester, Charlotte. Oh cute. I love that. Yeah, that's nice. Yeah, so glad to hear things are going well, it's nice, it was like. Yeah.
Speaker 1: And also to frame it in that way that it shifts your mindset, M like that.
Speaker 4: It's true.
Speaker 1: It's like you can't really put your finger on what's different, but it does make you right. I like the other thing that I heard recently, which is not too when you when you have a feeling, to have the opposite, you know, like there's an opposite feeling to every feeling, Choose that one when you have a bad feeling.
Speaker 4: Right, yeah, yeah, and focus on the positive. It's very serious, Miniso today, it's very serious. We just recorded with was not serious at all. It's not serious at all. And like I have a contact high, so I know you're doing amazing.
Speaker 2: Earlier that day, should we smoke this joy?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Why not? You know, Mama lipstick? Do you? I'll give you your own you already started without.
Speaker 4: Me, No, I had, and this is from yesterday.
Speaker 1: I was, I'm so glad that you're the guest today because I was, like, I want to. I haven't sat and smoked a joint in my new podcast room for a podcast guest in a while.
Speaker 4: Most people are sober these days.
Speaker 5: Have you noticed this?
Speaker 3: Why?
Speaker 2: Why? Why do you think that is.
Speaker 1: Such a thing.
Speaker 3: They went too hard, they did wrong shit, and they got burnt out real easier, real quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but I know people that have gone too.
Speaker 2: Hard and then they're back in.
Speaker 3: Everybody can reel it back in.
Speaker 4: You ever got cocktail too?
Speaker 5: I like this.
Speaker 4: I'm having a cocktail. I'm having a little old tom gin, which is my new favorite thing.
Speaker 3: That's going too far right there, that's run right there.
Speaker 4: I have to be able to read later, So I.
Speaker 3: Girl, you need to see my actu and on what.
Speaker 4: Well, that's what we were talking about before. I feel like a lot of people went too hard with gin in college or whatever, and they just like they got sick on it once and they can't stand.
Speaker 3: Up now that's stick on it multiple times.
Speaker 2: Do you like that? Chelsea? Him the vi calumonade that you're drinking.
Speaker 3: Could be stronger, but yeah, that's okay.
Speaker 4: It could be stronger. It's a day drink, but I like that.
Speaker 3: Is that what it is?
Speaker 2: It's kind of like a light drink so that you can have.
Speaker 4: A couple of.
Speaker 3: No, I want to, don't you?
Speaker 2: Is it a drink?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like this, but I think it's got weed in it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, probably yet. But I love anything that he does. His weed is strong.
Speaker 3: I heard Snoop said, that's the only person who I've smoked.
Speaker 1: He was, Yeah, I smoked weed with Willie Nelson. Yeah, on his trailer, in his trailer on.
Speaker 4: It why do It?
Speaker 1: And it was I was high the next day when I got up. Yeah, there was two times where I've gotten so high that the next morning I was still high.
Speaker 4: When are you performing at Netflix? As a joke? May nine, the.
Speaker 3: Ninth at the Ice House and then I think I'm doing sense with Shaq and Burke Crasher.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you can get chicks at Netflix? Is a jokefest dot Com.
Speaker 5: Make sure to check out Lunell's full episode on May twenty first to hear the whole conversation. And now back to our minisoda.
Speaker 4: Okay, so We have a one drink question today and it is actually sponsored by Vital Proteins.
Speaker 2: They just launched their new Collagen Sparkling Waters.
Speaker 4: Oh, that's what's in my new fridge.
Speaker 1: In three crisp refreshing flavors people strawberry blossom, lemon, lime, and blood orange. Vital Proteins Collagen Sparkling Water improves your skin health in as little as thirty days when sip daily. It helps reduce fine lines and wrinkles, boosts skin elasticity, and supports healthy skin, hair, and nails. Vital Proteins Collagen Sparkling Water has zero grams added sugar and no artificial sweeteners, and provides one hundred percent daily dose of vitamin C, which supports collagen production, immune support, and glowy skin. Each can contains two point five grams of aerosol collagen peptides clinically shown to improve skin health in as little as four weeks. Sip your way to better skin health.
Speaker 4: All right, So here's our featured question. It's our wondering question, and she says, Dear Chelsea, I've been a weekly listener of your podcast for the last few years. I love your humor and your commitment to destigmatizing mental health and therapy. Since you're a total badass in the gym, I have a health and fitness question for you. I'm a working mom in my late thirties. I love to work out, but my time is limited during the week, and I can only squeeze in twenty to thirty minutes in the morning. I'm consistent working out every day, but I've hit a plateau. How can I maximize my Monday through Friday thirty minute workouts to still build my strength and see change. What's the ideal balance of strength versus cardio versus recovery. I feel like since I don't work out very long each day, I'm hesitant to take rest and recovery days. I have free weights, a stationary bike, and a treadmill. Cheers Caitlin, Hi, Caitlin. I love these kinds of questions. It's so ridiculous. But I will say that I would just wait train. If I had thirty minutes every day, I would wait train. Or you can sprint every few days on the treadmill, because that's really good for like fat burning and like also life. It's good to have some cardio, but I don't do cardio on the regular cardios like data artists.
Speaker 2: It's out I know, yeah, it's out of style. And I do do it.
Speaker 1: Just sometimes, like if I want, you know, need to sweat, like I'll do it. But I don't do a lot of cardio anymore. I used to be obsessed with it, and I used to be much less lean.
Speaker 4: Well that's the thing is like in the nineties and two thousands, they were like, oh, yeah, cardio, cardio, cardio, and then we realized like, oh, it's actually not doing much for especially for women. Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: I wasted so many hours of my life running after nothing.
Speaker 4: Yeah, your cardio is gonna come from like chasing your kids, going on walks with them, running around at the park, Like walking is really good for you. But that's just doing naturally. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 1: Okay, thanks again to our sponsor for this week's wondering question, Vital Proteins.
Speaker 2: You can pick up a case of their new Collegen Sparkling.
Speaker 1: Waters and Strawberry Blossom, Lemon, lime and blood Orange out Now.
Speaker 4: Well, we have a couple more really quick questions, Chelsea. The first one is from Kendra. She says, Dear Chelsea, I was supposed to be a date at a bar, but left after he was twenty minutes late, no text, no show. An hour later, he said his phone had died and apologized profusely. Should I give him another chance? It was a third date, Kendra, third date, first time that happened. Mm, yeah, I would give him another Maybe die, I know, but I'm a little bit liked he my phone dies? Yeah, okay, all right, So speaking from personal experience, you need another chance.
Speaker 1: I mean not a lot, but it's happened. But when I'm supposed to yeh, And I.
Speaker 4: Feel like if he's out already, he doesn't get a chance to charge his phones. That's why maybe it was a You can't just back up with him for that, Okay, all right, I can't directive him another chance. So our last question today comes from Lucy. She says, I'm writing in because I recently lost my best friend to a dude. She's always been someone who gets her sense of worth from male attention. She'll date a guy and morph into them, adopt their interests, humor and lifestyle, and yeah, we all sink into our partners to a point. But her current boyfriend has become her whole world. Well, I've completely dropped out of it. We used to talk every day, share everything, but now I barely hear from her. If I'm being honest, I don't even miss her, mainly because the her she has become isn't the one I knew. But I can't throw it all away. She is my person. It's not her fault that she faonds to men. But how do I get her to see it? Side note? The dude and I are perfectly friendly, but Jesus fuck, please don't leave us alone together? Zero vibe. It's like we both forget that we know how to speak lucy brutal. Yeah, so how do we get her like vibing with her friend again?
Speaker 1: I don't know that you can. Well, no, not while the guys in the picture. And if she's acting like that with guys, I don't know. I think people have to outgrow that stuff. I don't know how you remind telling someone you don't like their boyfriend is unhelpful information?
Speaker 4: Yeah? Most often? Yeah. Well, and I wonder like, is there a way to say, like, I feel like I'm missing you just as you are without this guy.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's a good Yeah, that's a nice way to say. I mean, I don't know how you could say that wrong.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, Like I think that's a text of like to say, yeah, like I'd love to go to coffee, like, let's get some coffee. I want to spend some time just with you. And then when you're at coffee or dinner or whatever, you can address and just be like, hey, like I really wants some more, like I miss you, like alone time with you. Yeah, yeah, Okay, I support that. All right, Lucy, problem solved and we're on for today. Oh wonderful. Okay, goodbye, goodbye. I'm going upstairs. If you want advice from Chelsea, right into Dear Chelsea podcast at gmail dot com. Dear Chelsea is a production of iHeartMedia. Follow Chelsea on all socials at Chelsea Handler, and find Katherine on TikTok at flash Cadabra. Dear Chelsea is edited and engineered by Brandon Dickert executive producer Catherine Law. Find full video episodes and minisodes now on Netflix, and get tickets to see Chelsea live at Chelseahandler dot com