Speaker 1: And that's what you really missed with Jenna.
Speaker 2: And Kevin an iHeartRadio podcast.
Speaker 1: Welcome to you, and that's what you really miss podcasts. Hello Kevin, Hello Jenna.
Speaker 2: We're here for a little check in update on some Glee news because there's a lot going on with everybody.
Speaker 3: A lot going on with everybody. This is very exciting.
Speaker 2: And mostly everybody's in New York and you're not.
Speaker 1: Jenna, I know. And also it's Halloween.
Speaker 2: It is so Halloween. I'm not going to get to do anything because it's our first day of tech. Jenna, can you explain what tech is for people?
Speaker 1: Tech is when you get actually into the venue or the theater where you're doing your show, and everybody comes together and just putting all the pieces that they've.
Speaker 3: Been working on for the past four to six weeks.
Speaker 1: So lighting and sound and costumes and spacing and choreography, and the actors get to be in the space for the first time, so everything is really coming together there and you have to work through it very very slowly, so every piece has to have their moment, and tech is like you're twenty four or forty eight hours of just like very slow, like they bring you bring your yarn, you bring your book, you bring your phone.
Speaker 3: And you just be patient is the key.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Kevin, you're going into tech. This is very exciting. That's the last piece before you start previews, start running the show for an audience.
Speaker 3: This is this is very exciting. How are you feeling.
Speaker 1: Nervous?
Speaker 2: I think I literally woke up nervous today. So that's pretty good.
Speaker 1: That is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is very exciting.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm also just I'm so I'm just so excited for people to see it. I'm so excited for the people who have not done the show before to get in front of an audience because the show is just so like, it's so well written that it really wants them to feel, you know, like the laughter and the tears and every thing that comes with this show.
Speaker 1: I have no doubt in my mind you guys are capable of doing that beyond expectations. Like, it's such a well written, well formulated show, and so having a really good casting director is like just the final pieces to like really just bringing this piece alive.
Speaker 3: It's so brilliant. It's really, so so brilliant.
Speaker 2: Danny Mepher, who's the director who choreographed on Kimberly Cambo. He's a new word to directing, And I got to say, I just think he's a born director.
Speaker 1: Love that, Like he's just.
Speaker 2: He's so good. He's so good the way he's understanding these characters and is working with the it's like Shankman in a way, like they're just really they get it, Yeah, they get it. It's they're an actor's director in so many ways. Love that. What are you doing for Halloween? And about me, what are you doing for Halloween?
Speaker 1: No, I'm I'm actually I'm trigcker Tree and we are dressing up. I mean, I'm not dressing up. But well, we did one last weekend and Emma was Mowana and Graham was a puppy dog, very cute in the costume.
Speaker 2: Does he like it?
Speaker 1: He was fine, He couldn't care. He had snacks and he was fine, like he's just fine. Put in whatever you want.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he didn't mind at all.
Speaker 1: And then oh, I saw the cutest little troup of hors costume with a French bulldog and the plant.
Speaker 3: He was the plant, and it was I was like, wow, that's really really good.
Speaker 1: This year, I thought it was going to be like last year and the year before, we were able to dress him up for whatever we wanted. Like she was a ups like delivery person and she had her little cart and.
Speaker 3: It was like adorable and it was so cute.
Speaker 1: And this year she wanted to be a princess and she wanted to be a carrot, and then she wanted to be a squirrel.
Speaker 2: And those are all really strong.
Speaker 1: No, I know, and I was all about it, and then she was like, I never mind, I changed my mind. And then she wanted to be a kiddy cat and then didn't like that costume, so.
Speaker 2: Tb D, I think carrot is incredible.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 3: I was like, what, she didn't even eat carrots? So I was all about it.
Speaker 1: I was like full on midnight glogling like carrot costumes on Amazon and they were very cute.
Speaker 3: And then I was like, she's.
Speaker 1: Never gonna wear this, Like this is just very unrealistic, so we pivoted. I think it's gonna be Wana, honestly, and Graham is going to be Pua the pig.
Speaker 2: It's so cute.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we were like should we dress up? Usually we dress up with them, but honestly, it's so we're so fluid right now with her costume that we're not even trying. We're just like whatever she wakes up and wants to do. Once she goes to school. They're doing like coordinate age. Yeah, we were ups drivers to last year, so like we were just we were all together legally there on the year before it was so good.
Speaker 3: But this year is just not happening for us. It's not on the cards, so it's fine. Maybe next year are.
Speaker 1: We want to a treat? Though it's the first year we're trigger treating where she's not afraid to go up to the doors, so that's been really fun. So we're just excited about it. She goes to school, she dresses up at school, there's like pizza and magicians and fun things.
Speaker 2: So how many costumes you have to have for a kid?
Speaker 1: Emma wanted to do just one. Graham has three. He has a chicken, a dog, and a pig.
Speaker 2: And all of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well I have one so far, so I'll send you that one, but the other two are coming.
Speaker 2: Are you holding out there?
Speaker 1: I know I'm gatekeeping those. It's very cute. Stop it so so cute.
Speaker 2: I need to see the chicken too.
Speaker 1: Halloween in New York is really fun though, Kevin, Like, after you get to a rehearsal, I'm sure you're gonna go home and sleep and not see any of it. But down in the village like that, it's a whole thing and people run around and do barkrawls and it's really really fun.
Speaker 2: So do you think maybe I should, like, maybe maybe I can just do a little scan like maybe I'll.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think that's right.
Speaker 1: I think that's I can't really partake in no the parties, but they do do like they do do like the parade as well downtown, so it's really fun.
Speaker 2: The only time I've ever been in New York for Halloween, I think it was when we sang at the we did the national anthem for the World Series, and I think we drove it was Halloween we.
Speaker 3: Drove, right, Is that right?
Speaker 1: It was? We drove silly though, right, No.
Speaker 2: We drove into New York after Am I misremembering this?
Speaker 1: You know what? You might be right though, because it's around that time, like it's like the World Series is happening right now, so it must be right.
Speaker 3: You must be right.
Speaker 2: Yes, it was Halloween, Okay, so you're right again. Game three and Philly against the New York Yankees, and then we drove in to the city afterwards. Wow, because I had never been there for Halloween ever, and I was like, oh, this is wild.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, good memory, Kevin.
Speaker 2: Often happened.
Speaker 1: I just wanted to. There's a lot of stuff happening with a lot of friends in New York, so I wanted to talk about that. But first I just wanted to This is what happens. When we pre tape episodes in advance, sometimes you miss out on some of the news that happens. So we take Rocky Harror a few weeks before it aired, and now there are some very exciting updates that there's going to be a twenty twenty six stage production. I'm so excited for that, Kevin. We also the people spoke they always do we miss that there was a version done by Fox in twenty sixteen.
Speaker 2: Yes, I did forget about that.
Speaker 1: But the Roundabout Theater Company announced that the musical is going to take on a new life at Studio fifty four, directed by Tony Award winner Sam Pinkleton, who just did o'meary with our friend called at the School.
Speaker 3: This is very exciting, so.
Speaker 1: Wow, but anyway, we miss that, so thank you for always keeping us honest.
Speaker 2: What I love about it, I think there's so many opportunities for so many people to step into a lot of those characters, Like you'll be able to just keep it going for forever. Yeah, they allow like all of the kind of like little I hope they allow like the popcorn and you know, like.
Speaker 3: I think they have to. I have to be a part of it. Yeah, exactly. I think it'll be a great at all the time.
Speaker 2: Also shout out to Georgie Rancolm, who directed The Protection of the Frogs. I was in because she and Sam she's the associate director of the West End, oh version of it and they are starting rehearsals very soon.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, Kevin, everybody's on Broadway and I literally was like having fomo and I was like, do I need to go be in a show right now? Because everybody's in a show. Dohn Graff is obviously seated still in just in time. Sarah Hiland just joined the production. Who's a friend of ours.
Speaker 3: Yep.
Speaker 1: Leah is obviously back on stage starring on Broadway in Chess by Abba and also directed by our friend Michael Mayer. This is also the same theater that she is making. She's in right now with Chess. She made her Broadway debut, and Lema's in the Imperial Theater. So that's really crazy, full circle wild. Who else?
Speaker 2: Kevin Darren is back in Maybe Happy ending starting November fifth. Wow, I'm doing spelling Bee, So I'm off Broadway. Everyone, you know, the rest of them, we're all on Broadway. Doesn't be very clear that I am off Broadway.
Speaker 3: It doesn't matter. You're literally on Broadway.
Speaker 2: And then Alex Nowell is in two shows. So Alex Nuwell as of yesterday opened bat Boy at City Center and then is going into Chicago as Mama Morton starting November seventeen.
Speaker 3: I would die to see that.
Speaker 2: Yes, I was to Alex and I were texting the day because I was like help, Like, first of all, I'm coming to see you and bat Boy, and the second of all, help me, what are the vocal tips? So Alex is giving me all of the vocal tips on how to take care of your voice.
Speaker 3: I feel like Alex is like so good.
Speaker 1: It's just good at like balancing the life and the performances.
Speaker 2: Truly, you know. Yeah, there I was Dwane Reid Pharmacy. I'm just like, I'm like, I need his vocal steamer.
Speaker 1: I know, I know. Uh. This is really exciting though, Like all of you guys are on stage and it's I'm serious, fomo, but I have to make a trip to come to you.
Speaker 2: All, and you really do.
Speaker 3: That's a lot of shows to see.
Speaker 2: Though, Like there's a lot of shows to see.
Speaker 3: That's also a lot of babysitters.
Speaker 2: It's just Jenna, I'm like, it feels weird being here without you. I ran into your friend the other.
Speaker 1: Day, that's right, texted me like right after and was like I saw Kevin, I saw Adrian, and I was like, wow.
Speaker 2: I'm also so not used to you know. I take my dog out to go to the bathroom in the morning and I'm just looking busted and there's just people and there she was always people going to like the breast cancer walk, and I was looking haggard, and it's like, oh, right here, I am having a conversation. I haven't brushed my teeth yet.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, that's what happens.
Speaker 3: Everybody's just out doing their thing and was.
Speaker 2: Also going to be in the city. Oh our good friend Hot Texas Glenn Glenn Powell, He's hosting Saturay Night Live and he really is.
Speaker 3: Yes, damn, that is crazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going to be incredible at it. I think it's just going to make him even more well.
Speaker 1: He's just very funny and so all these people know him is like a big time, like dramatic action movie star, and the truth is he's very comedic and goofy, and so that is just very exciting to see that he gets to show his like the versatility of who he is.
Speaker 3: He's just always been very kind.
Speaker 2: And he went on our friend Jake Shane podcasts and revealed that he auditioned for the Park Court eventually got Sam Evans Ugly my gosh. He said they were both in the waiting room at the same time because your Buddi's met an acting class and then coord got it and then they became roommates, which is how we know Glenn.
Speaker 3: Yeah, wilds Wild Sea Gun.
Speaker 2: Yes. Speaking of Cord also came out with his other friends Jonah's Brothers.
Speaker 1: No I can't. I fully was like I saw that post and my jaw dropped and I was like, Wow, it's not that I'm surprised, like he can't do that, but I just was like, wow, he's really doing it.
Speaker 4: Like his music, yeah, and his music and doing his own music, which has always been like what he's so good at that, like everybody knows, but like it's now I'm like, yes, let the world know, like let the Jonas brothers do that.
Speaker 1: You know it's so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so proud of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's incredible to see.
Speaker 1: You've always said he's like the one of the best songwriters ever.
Speaker 2: Oh, he's just so stupidly stupid. You know what's crazy is that I have so many demos from him that are so different genres. He could have like handfuls of albums out right now of the music he's made, and it's all good. I wouldn't be saying that if.
Speaker 3: Now I know, I know you wouldn't like he.
Speaker 2: Consistently just writes really great music.
Speaker 1: Hmmm.
Speaker 2: It's infuriating.
Speaker 1: Everybody's just thriving doing like the thing that they do.
Speaker 3: Best, which I love. Everybody's grown up, so grown up.
Speaker 1: Well, Kevin, I'm really excited to see how tech goes for you, how previews go for you. I'm scared so great, and you're just gonna lock right back in and once you get in front of those audiences, it's gonna be like, oh, what a gift, you know, himming it up, I know, I just we love an audience and you're green in front of it's going to be fine.
Speaker 3: You're going to figure out your rhythm, You're going to figure out what you can and can't do, and like, it's just going to be so exciting. And I love that theater, so new world stages where your show is used to be a three dollars movie theater back in the day, and when I was doing My King and I on Broadway, my dad used to wait for me between for the show to take me home and he used to go see those movies.
Speaker 1: And those three dollar movies in that theater. So I remember when they switched that over and he was like the movie the Oitnor's gone and so anyway, lots of history there, but.
Speaker 2: We're going to have We have some good neighbors at the Heather's cast. I've been talking to some of them, so I lovely combine casts and just have a good old time over there.
Speaker 3: I have no doubt.
Speaker 1: Thanks for joining us for this little catch up, sash I hope you guys are enjoying this new era of the podcast. We're super grateful that you're popping in and and listening with us and telling us what we get wrong, and yeah, we appreciate you.
Speaker 2: That's what you really missed. Thanks for listening and follow us on Instagram at and that's what you really miss pod. Make sure to write us a review and leave us five stars. See you next time.