Speaker 1: Hello the Internet, and welcome to this episode of the antem My Friends is trending in the wind. That one courtesy of Vanadium Silver on the discord and years of singing lesson for me, My name is Jack.
Speaker 2: That is Miles, Hello everybody.
Speaker 1: For you? He worked for five years, what trained himself for five years?
Speaker 3: The goat like shit the goat?
Speaker 1: All right, so my goat is Michael Jordan's still, then shall make them lebron.
Speaker 3: My goat the unborn child also known as a zygoat. Then that's my goat.
Speaker 2: I hear you, man. It is Tuesday, March fourth.
Speaker 3: Fucking activists and got posters of ygoats on their wall. That one that one became Ronald Reagan.
Speaker 1: Oh, that would actually be a good racket for selling bullshit.
Speaker 2: To sell life people, you get.
Speaker 1: Random like sonograms sonograms and then sell them be like, that's fucking Jordan right there. Do you want to trump rookie card, the most Jordan rookie card possible?
Speaker 3: Oh, y'all talk about that flair eighty five rookie Nah na na, no, this is the most expensive.
Speaker 2: Jordan A little bit? Uh yeah, gross, look at his hands? Can you tell? Get tell? Dude?
Speaker 1: All right, this is the episode where we tell you what's trending, and I'll tell you what's trending the dang stock market downward. And I am, for the first time starting to have some doubts about this Trump guy.
Speaker 3: What are you the Wall Street Journal? I am all of mainstream media, dude, the Was Street Journal. Last week you're like, don't fucking do the tariffs, dickhead? Are you seriously gonna fuck everything up? And then today like is this guy fucking like every offense? Like this shit's dumb? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Man?
Speaker 3: We're the money paper and you're fucking up the money. So, yeah, the tariffs are here hit. We're basically again I'm saying we are.
Speaker 2: Tariffs are coming.
Speaker 3: The TIFFs are coming the year I guess the United States. We are hitting ourselves with twenty five percent tariffs on certain goods from Mexico and Canada and as well as twenty percent on goods from China. Again base China ourselves, and we are the ones China. This doesn't you know? This is what's really frustrating. You see a lot of the politicians going They're like, well, obviously, we gotta we gotta, we gotta tighten this trade deficit up a little bit. And then I just wish one journalist would go, Okay, can you explain how that tightening of the how that's going to reflect on cheaper prices for the consumer, just so they can understand how this this is actually a benefit. No one fucking Oh okay, this is a trade represent So again, this is sent like you said, Jack, markets crashing prices on certain materials soaring. Like on Maria Bartiromo show on Fox, she had a person had a Dodge dealership and he was like, this Dodge ram eighty thousand dollars normally. It just went up two hundred thousand dollars today instantly because of the term. And I'm like, we're just trying those yeah, son. So yeah, this has sent basically our neighbors to the north and South, just having them wondering are these stupid asses for real? Like all the things we hear like from Trudeau, he's like.
Speaker 1: Y'all, he's this is he's hurting to the American people real quick.
Speaker 2: I don't do this normally, but.
Speaker 3: Let me address my constituents really quick. The American people, Oh that it is so funny if you said that shit and then he's like, yeah, you guys are doing unfortunately he's doing this to you. You know, like we're trying to be chill, but you know, if you fucking push us around, we're we might be He's like, look, Canadians may be polite and well mannered, but we do fight.
Speaker 2: We had some of the best snipers world War two. You know, yeah, straight up. Okay, man, Hey.
Speaker 3: We won't forget Juno and sword Beach on D Day.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 3: But anyway, this is also like kind of one of those things where there are Republicans from agricultural states that are privately like you see a lot of anonymous quotes from these Congress people from these are agricultural states who are definitely worried because this will do damage. Like the last time, there are these trade wars happening to farmers specifically because you know, they have to export their crops for money, and a lot of these retaliatory tariffs are like zeroing in on these specific goods just to make it as uncomfortable as possible. Speaker Mike Johnson, though, is basically showing he's towing the line, and this is apparently what everyone is supposed to think on the right of these tariffs. Quote the America first agenda is to reset those relationships with other countries. Huh, basically saying that his intent wasn't to start a trade war or an adversarial thing. Quote, this is to continue good relationships and trade policies. I think this initiative will achieve that desired result. As the President said, just have a little patience with this, let it play out, see how it develops, and I think at the end of the day, America is going to be better off.
Speaker 1: False false doesn't seem false where things are headed like that.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 1: So we talked before about how Trump and like the tariffs, like it is a blunt instrument that can get a very specific return, like it can you can get a very specific objective with a tariff. Sure, so that they can, like I think in his first administration, he's like, let's do.
Speaker 2: This tariff, that tariff, this tariff, that tariff.
Speaker 1: And like the people his economic advisors were like, we'll let you do the one and like it had an effect that wasn't catastrophic.
Speaker 2: But now that there are no brit now it's just all gas, no breaks.
Speaker 1: He is putting all the tariffs out and it like it doesn't make sense to really anyone, Like, have you seen anybody really make a case for it.
Speaker 3: I think the I don't know if we're going full cynicism here. He's trying to tank the American economy.
Speaker 2: Fully, that's the goal ends because of the gold.
Speaker 3: It could be the gold gold, what is it the gold or what is it the crypto? You know what I mean, whatever it is, I think it's also a tool to weaken your adversaries who rely on the economy or the stock market to derive their wealth from. And you can kind of be like, watch me fuck it all up. I don't know, but like to try and game out the four dy chess here. I don't know. The most simple thing is like it seems like he's just trying to tank the fucking economy and this is one way to do it. And again he needs pretext for everything, So this time the flimsy ass pretext is we've got to stop the flow of Fentanel into legal immigrants. That's why we're doing this to try and reverse all this and also the trade. He's like saying, it's a myriad of things, but to go and then up end relationships with our immediate neighbors to the north and south. Just makes zero financial sense. And you know, you have Republicans who privately are like this, I don't understand. I think this is gonna fuck us all up. And then other people who don't know what the fuck the like economics are and they're like, yeah, yeah, yeah, we got to show them. And by them, I mean us our own consumers. So we'll see how this plays out. Because Trump is addressing a joint session of Congress, some Democrats will be there, some won't. I don't know why that what the fucking point is, because you're just gonna they're gonna make a fucking meal of you if you don't stand up and clap when they're like and.
Speaker 5: There are families of Lacan Riley people that were killed by immigrants, right, so so terrible, And if they're like they're being like, this is some fucking puppetry show circus shit, then they'll.
Speaker 3: Be like, well they why don't they care about da da dah.
Speaker 1: So some people are completely avoiding attending, but it's going to be again, all the people that Trump is bringing out for this address are again the families of like Lake and Riley, the family of the guy who was killed at the Trump rally where the assassination attempt happened. And Mark Fogel, the guy that he just freed from Russia. And then the Democrats are going to be bringing like people who have just been laid off, which I think is just as cynical.
Speaker 3: I'm like, what's the point to re traumatize them, to be like, and no, they're gonna have to look at these people. Don't care y'all are doing this same you're using these people as props too, Like, do some real shit or don't fucking go and legitimize this nonsense. But anyway, we'll see tonight, folks. We will see tonight how that goes. Alyssa Slotkin will be giving the rebuttal for Democrats, so we will see exciting.
Speaker 2: All right, let's take it back to Main Street.
Speaker 1: We have a we have a report from young producer Victor y PV about what the latest dating trend. It's called flood lighting miles and it may be coming for a romantic partner near you or it's.
Speaker 3: My millennials still out there, you know, on the on the lookout for love, know the flood lighting when you see this? Apparently I did not know what.
Speaker 2: I don't know what blood light.
Speaker 3: This sounds like being bad at dates, But we're in an era where we must give a very succinct sort of description or catch off phrase to these kinds of things. So in this instance, it's called flood lighting, and.
Speaker 1: You're using vulnerability as a high intensity spotlight. I don't really understand the spotlight part of that, but it involves sharing a lot of personal details all at once. So it's like, instead of love bombing, you are vulnerability bombing the person. This is allegedly to test the waters, speed up intimacy, or see if the other person can handle these parts of you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this just seems like a bad strategy, but like, maybe it works with a certain type of personality.
Speaker 3: Oh so it says. For example, say you meet someone from a dating app and grab drinks a few days after connecting. On the day, you begin to talk about you childhood, sharing details about your parents' divorce and other traumas. You then drain on about how this impacts you today, eg. Makes you doubt love and loyalty, causes insecurities and dating, et cetera. All the while you're closely reading the other person's reactions determine whether they can handle you testing their boundaries and how much they're willing to accept. This sounds predatory and weird, like sure to be like boundaries pesculation tactics. I just don't think I get. I think that your people are sort of like people just won't accept me for me. So maybe if I lead very intensely with all of that and put all my cards on the table at once, then I can see. But this sort of like watching their every reaction to see how they respond. That is not how you're going to get to know somebody or anything like that. That's like being like you're cooking food or some shit, and like before I give you the whole meal, I'm gonna have you taste every individual ingredient on its own before I've cooked it or combined it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, taste this Google like job interview thing where they like give you a terrifying, difficult question and see if you freak out or not. I will see what this motherfucker's made, which is the weird and predatory as like a a hiring practice let alone, is like a you know, dating practice. Yeah, Hey, if you can't handle me at my worst, you're never going to be able to handle me at my best, because I'm really like pretty awful at my best.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also like the process of like falling in love with some you like them, and then you like them enough that as you learn more about them, you can put all the pieces together and be like, oh, okay, I still like accept and love this person for who they are, rather than if I showed up to my data said, yo, bro, I might have an issue with cannabis. You know, I have parental issues. I'm a perfectionist who will always criticize everything you or I do to and then just do I.
Speaker 1: Think a diaper on my back right now because of how much I sweat?
Speaker 3: Oh wait, wait, hold on you you have a diaper on your back because of how much you sweat.
Speaker 1: Sorry, I was told that this was flood lighting. I'm trying to just like be really vulnerable with you. I sweat a lot. Now it's actually the diaper is no longer sufficient because you stopped me there and now it's turning out weird.
Speaker 3: Do you have an extra diaper? Fest or no? How many diapers do you have on you right now? Bubble gum? Bubble gum in a dish? How many diapers do you have on you right now? Let's take a quick break. We'll be ready back and we're back. We're back and r.
Speaker 1: FK, what's that guy up to sending some mixed signals about uh, straightforward medicine.
Speaker 3: Despite floodlighting us over the many years, letting us know what where what his foibles?
Speaker 2: What is he does? He is a big flood lighter.
Speaker 1: He's just like, yeah, perfect, here is a large list of pedophiles that I've been associated with with.
Speaker 3: I air humped a dog corpse, you know, a few times.
Speaker 1: The original the o G floodlighter and does seem to work bafflingly well for him. So he there's a measles outbreak in Texas and terrifying the child just out of me for the first time since he said about that.
Speaker 2: You know, people die, children die.
Speaker 1: So he wrote this op ed on Fox's website, and in one part of it he said things like vaccines not only protect individual children from measles, but also contribute to community immunity, protecting those who are unable to be vaccinated due to medical reasons, which is kind of a big Endorse like, that's the most endorsee he's ever gotten around a vaccine. He he does still acknowledge, like, you know, some people can't be vaccinated and they seem to be fine, But he does say the decision to vaccinate is.
Speaker 2: A personal one.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He also elsewhere talks about how vitamins are a good way to treat measles.
Speaker 3: But which one, please, so I can buy it? Which one do I can I get instead of a vaccine?
Speaker 1: Studies have found that vitamin a can dramatically reduce measles mortality.
Speaker 3: Okay? Does he also tell the part about how you can cause like liver damage?
Speaker 2: Noh?
Speaker 3: Okay, okay, so but okay, so based on what I'm seeing the dick that you've positioned these two things to say, vitamin a is basically like a vaccine though too right, Yeah, buttamin.
Speaker 2: A is fine?
Speaker 1: Like so okay, measles, it's good not to have measles.
Speaker 2: Measles bad if you.
Speaker 1: Want to personally make the personal decision to get vaccinatum for some fucking reason because you're weird and sick and want Bill Gates fucking chips inside of you. You sick freaking If you want to do that, uh huh.
Speaker 2: Great If you're not that type.
Speaker 1: If you don't make that personal choice for your personal self maybe your free family.
Speaker 2: Ed you're a freethinker.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, you're just kind of you do your own research because.
Speaker 3: You're Harriet Tubmart the research.
Speaker 2: You're not a sheep. Maybe you're a wolf, you know, like people like me.
Speaker 1: Then in that case, uh, it has been showed the vitamin A instead of vaccines or you know, if you do get measles, don't trip. It's like the Space Program. If an asteroid's coming, we gotcha over here at Big vitamin A. Unfortunately, according to doctors, specifically doctor Sue Presley, the president of the American Academy of Pediatrics, in fact, relying on vitamin A instead of the vaccine is not only dangerous and ineffective, but.
Speaker 2: It puts children at serious risk.
Speaker 3: Huh huh, but that's not that's not what health Man just said.
Speaker 1: He's been on this vitamin a shit since twenty nineteen, when he spoke at an event hosted by Texans for Vaccine Choice and was speaking about a measles outbreak.
Speaker 2: At that time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and said that while doctors claimed that the outbreak was caused by parents refusing to vaccinate their children, he said that measles cases fell both before the vaccine was introduced.
Speaker 2: That's what they won't tell you why, because the.
Speaker 1: Thing that cured measles was nutrition and clean water, not the vaccine.
Speaker 3: All right, all right, all right, cool cool? Yeah. I mean this, this op ed has been like the perfect piece of misinformation because depending on what side of the political spectrum you're on, you're going to read into it. Like some headlines were saying from this op ed, they just glombed onto the part where he said the MMR vaccine is actually safe or whatever, which goes against everything he's been saying for the last fucking forever about the MMR vaccine. And then you have the parties like but it's a personal choice. So I see headlines that were like, Yo, he's all in on vaccines. They're effective, Like you saw headlines and then if you read he's like, but they're a personal choice, and other ones were being like, yeah, he says vite them in a just as good So yeah, it was interesting to see how this one op ed was somehow covered him seeing the light yeah, and others were just like, no, bro, he's just fun.
Speaker 1: Saying both things, and like so you get the heat off your back. But you also are signaling to the people who you know, actually follow and listen to you like you're you know, we've been right all along, don't wear I'm saying the vitamin A shit.
Speaker 2: So uh.
Speaker 1: Also in this new world, a Texas official just had to call a press conference. This is the chief health officer for the Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center and had to urge people not to throw measles parties. Apparently they noticed that some people plan to hold measles parties on social media.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: And it's like the chicken pox parties from the eighties. Yeah, eighties and nineties.
Speaker 3: I'm just singing that because that's when I went to. It wasn't even it's fun. I didn't even go to a chicken pox part I just got motherfucking chicken pox at a birthday party.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well you did think you might not know the actual details of that party month. Yeah did you look at the Do you have the invitations for that party in front of you?
Speaker 3: Yeah, just say, come make sure your kid gets chicken pox, but we'll have a party so they don't realize. Chicken pox at a Flying Lotus show at twenty six years old.
Speaker 2: All right, so yeah, don't do that.
Speaker 1: But I have a thing that we need to uh say, now, in a world where vitamins are where measles is not a big concern for the head health guy in the nation, and it could be treated with vitamin A.
Speaker 2: Is vitamin A the sun one. There's that vitamin D.
Speaker 1: That's the all right, there's a great New York magazine article that I wanted to shout out real quick. That is the most sycophantic things Republicans have done so far in this Like this is not overall. This is just since he's been in the second.
Speaker 3: Time for the last three weeks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they've On February fourteen, they introduced a bill to make Donald Trump's birthday a federal holiday, saying his impact on the nation is undeniable. Just as George Washington's birthday is codified as a federal holiday. This bill will add Trump's birthday to this list, recognizing him as the founder of Americans Golden Age right before the economy fell off a fucking cliff. A bill to put Trump on Mount Rushmore. That's that's for real. Abible to change the name of Greenland to Red, White and Blueland. A resolution to allow Trump to serve a third term. I mean that shit's just going to happen. A pair of bills to put Trump on the one hundred dollars bill, and then a US attorney that calls himself Trump's lawyer is another one. President Trump's lawyer is what he calls himself, Ed Martin.
Speaker 3: Oh right, right, who's You're like, you're fucking working for the Department of Justice. That's cool, I'm Trump's. The other thing, though, too, is recently they're talking about renaming Dulles Airport after Trump too.
Speaker 2: After that's it's another one. Just such a wild on rush of bullshit.
Speaker 3: This is just typical dear leader shit, you know what I mean? This is Yeah, this is no different than any other country where they're like people have to fawn over the figurehead to curry favor and be.
Speaker 2: Like, yes, my lord please, I want to put you on.
Speaker 3: A bill that doesn't need to fucking exist. A two hundred and fifty dollars bill for who So you go buy a dozen eggs?
Speaker 2: Is that what it is? A two hundred and fifty dollars Yeah, there's.
Speaker 3: Two hundred fifty dollars bill they're talking about that's amazing. One of them has the mugshot as the fucking face like all these Bill mock ups. It's absolutely bullshet bullsheet night.
Speaker 1: And finally, we do have an update because we had mentioned that we were a little suspicious of the number that kept getting quoted during the break number.
Speaker 3: Wait, was that something Conan said or who was saying it?
Speaker 1: He was saying that a billion people watched, But it wasn't like a joke that it' psych Not a billion people are watching it, and people covered it as being serious in the mainstream media.
Speaker 3: So that's a Harvard Lampoon humor, dude.
Speaker 1: Right, so very sophisticated, very dry, that dry rang Poon humor. This is a thing that people have been saying for a long time. The ratings came back. The Oscars drew eighteen million viewers across ABC and Hulu, which is seven percent down from last year.
Speaker 2: That's about what I would have guessed based.
Speaker 1: On the movies that were nominated, like last year was an all time or a high like since before the pandemic, because the two movies that were most likely to win Best Picture were movies that a lot of people saw in Oppenheimer and Barbie, and this year was like, you know, small arty movies, but yeah, so down down seven percent from last year. People are just like, what the fuck what happened Cone? I guess people don't like Cone or something. It was like, no, the movies are just not big. It was not a year where like there were a lot of high performing movies that made Sense's Best Picture nominees.
Speaker 3: And we're just not that into celebrity worship as we used to be. That's really the thing. We just don't We're not as interested in celebrating these people and being like, whoa what are they wearing?
Speaker 1: Like for yourself, Miles, I have that selfie that Ellen DeGeneres took tattooed on my back.
Speaker 2: That's what that is. Yeah, man, it's a little blurry. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I would say it looks really infected.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: It's so I started it as a watercolor of that and then you know, showed that to the person and then kept updating it as they were doing the tattoo.
Speaker 2: And it just has not It's not gone great, it's not gone badly, but yeah, they are having to take chunks in my back out.
Speaker 3: God, is it too late to make it Nixon's face.
Speaker 2: Is that what you think? It looks like? Maybe I could I feel like Swartz things around.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you can be like Roger Stone, but yeah, I don't know, like Deadline blamed Hulu. Uh, I just think, yeah, but fewer people fewer and fewer people watch anything on TV anymore, like feer and fewer people are into celebrity worship these days. But our writer JM did look into where the billion people all over the world claim came from, and uh, it's from a nineteen eighty five Associated Press story which contained the billion viewer claim without any attribution. And that's where it just still gets excited, like it's.
Speaker 4: Just the free internet lies from the eighties, pre internet lie that is like convenient for the purposes of attracting advertisers, you know, and there and therefore you just.
Speaker 3: Got that is so funny, dude, This is some This is a This is sales speak from someone in a sale in this in a sales position at ABC clearly being like, yeah, we get a billion viewers. Man, your product in front of a billions, They're going to be wild to get you to get this thing.
Speaker 2: I got a billion people?
Speaker 3: Oh really? Yeah, dude, fucking India, fucking euro Euro Disney, fucking everywhere. Dude, they're fucking they fucking love it man one billion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, do you know the story of like Kennedy spoke in Berlin and said, I bin I and Berliner and everybody because it meant he's a jelly donut that comes from a spy novel that like came out in nineteen eighty one. I think like they just made that up and everybody was like that, like that's the first place that appeared, like years.
Speaker 3: After part of the eighties, dude, like that was the best part of the eighties. Like we could all just a fucking group lie and how that be reality?
Speaker 1: Well, now that the Internet does that for us, they just the Internet is a like large fan fiction, you know, in real time that everybody for reality, you have like going on on one side, and that is happening for everybody who wants to believe anything on any side.
Speaker 3: Great. I love that for me though.
Speaker 1: I Mean even the oscars were like trying to back down from the lie. They were like, it's actually more like I don't know, several hundred million viewers globally.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, because you go go to go to anywhere that isn't the United States. You go to any non English speaking country right now and be like, did you guys catch the oscars?
Speaker 2: They're like, what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 3: You just I don't know if you know this. You just cursed at me, just so you know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean many of the big international markets, like, they have their own film industries. Nah.
Speaker 2: Also in many.
Speaker 1: Of these places, the ceremony airs in the middle of the night, and a lot of people just don't give a shit because yeah, they have their own film industry, their own movies, their own award shows.
Speaker 3: Too busy trying to survive, you know, just see usual.
Speaker 1: But anyways, Hey, I enjoyed it. I think Conan did a good job. And shout out Anora.
Speaker 3: You know what, Conan, I believe a billion people watched.
Speaker 2: I believe it a billion people in my heart.
Speaker 3: What deadline say?
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 1: All right, those are some of the things that are trending on this March fourth. We are back tomorrow with the whole last episode of the show. Until then, be kind to each other, be kind to yourselves, get the vaccine, get your blue shots, don't do nothing about white supremacy, and we will talk you out tomorrow Bye, later